Speaker 1: You've done it. You are getting me fulled Brook and Jeffrey experience right now with our podcast. I mean, I know you want more. Okay, I'm just telling you. TikTok YouTube all the socials at Brook and Jeffrey and let's start the show right now.
Speaker 2: It is time for us to spotlight our hero of the week.
Speaker 1: Oh we do this, and I.
Speaker 2: Know we always give Florida a bad time, but there's at least one Florida man who's a good dude out there. Unfortunately, the news report doesn't have his actual name written down, so we can't even acknowledge him appropriately. But we do know he's a firefighter.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: And he woke up at two am the other night to an alarm going off in the firehouse.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean you can't really sleep through that if you're a fireman, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Not advisable. No, but it was coming from the department's safe Haven baby box, where someone can legally surrender a child without having to answer any questions.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He thought it was probably going to be a false alarm, since people will sometimes as a joke, put their like discarded food in there. Yeah, they were half eaten burrito or something.
Speaker 1: It's the size of a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, old throw away, a good burrita.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But this time he opened the box and there was a healthy baby girl wrapped in a pink blanket. I'll take her home, Jack, I'll take Just wait till you see the picture of her. Here she is. Oh my, look at those big blue eyes.
Speaker 1: And those chikes. Look at those chicks. They just want to eat them up.
Speaker 2: The firefighter picked her up out of the box and held her and said, quote, we locked eyes and that was it.
Speaker 1: Oh he kept her.
Speaker 2: I've loved her ever since that moment. Now, not surprisingly, in Florida, it is legal to marry a.
Speaker 1: Baby that's not adopted.
Speaker 2: Luckily he didn't do that, but him and his wife had been trying for ten years to have a child, so they took the baby girl to a hospital and attached a note to her blanket that said, we would love to adopt this girl. Okay, And two days after he responded to the alarm, baby Zoe was home with the fireman and his wife.
Speaker 1: A spracle baby.
Speaker 2: They formally adopted her just this past week.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Honestly, like people, you're gonna start with a story like that. I mean usually our hero of the day is like an anti hero. He's like that family is so awesome.
Speaker 2: Just imagine if he had found a burrito in there, like heartwarming story that would have.
Speaker 4: Especially Yeah, I'd adopt that baby too.
Speaker 2: So now that we're done with that, let's get in to your shock dollar question of the day with the show's own safe Haven baby Digital Jake. I wish I could we formally adopted him. Now give us a question, little babies.
Speaker 5: We're just days away from Brooke attempting her drive through to capalong Dare for Brook and Jeffreys. You wouldn't dare summertime challenge?
Speaker 2: Good luck?
Speaker 1: Really nervous.
Speaker 5: I am confident she'll take ten consecutive trips around a fast food drive through, eating ten different fast food items. And the crazy thing is, she's not the first person to attempt this brave feat That's right. Our own Jose Bolanos was the original decathlete when he went for gold exactly one decade ago.
Speaker 3: Wow, a lot of controversy. I don't want to get into it, but I swear I did it.
Speaker 5: I'll get into it. Even though he was disqualified for cheating along with rumors of rampant illegal substance abuse. That day changed his life and his digestive track forever. So to honor Jose and the sculpted body he sacrificed for radio glory.
Speaker 2: That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Why that's going to be all downhill after Wait.
Speaker 5: A minute, we're going back to the year of the original drive through to Kathlon. In an all twenty thirteen edition of The One and Dug Shot Collar Question.
Speaker 1: Of the Day, Man, believe it was that long ago Alexis was in middle school or something.
Speaker 5: I think it was preschool brook In twenty thirteen, which sitcom was the highest rated non sports show? Was it two and a half Men?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Modern Family or The Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 3: Oh that's hard.
Speaker 1: I mean the thing that I know when we talk about this, God, when was Charlie Sheen's Tiger Blood situation or whatever?
Speaker 3: Remember it seems like it was around ten years ago.
Speaker 1: I know that they were rated really high right before he fell apart.
Speaker 3: That show was I was number one, I think.
Speaker 1: But I also know that Big Bang Theory set the record for the highest paying cast because they were like number one for a decade and Modern Family was great but I don't know if it would have beat out those two.
Speaker 3: Modern Families won so many awards.
Speaker 1: I know, but it's not awards to get your ratings, you know. I think I've been a big bank theory.
Speaker 5: Brooks, a big bang theory. And the number one show in nonsports ratings was Modern Family was next, and two and a half Men was putting off the rear out of those three.
Speaker 1: Remember they tried to do it after Charlie Sheen left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I only watched the Spanish version.
Speaker 5: Jose, it's your turn. Dull, Scotland and Boring, Oregon were twin cities until twenty thirteen, when a third city joined them as triplets. Was it Normal Manitoba, Canada, Bland, Australia or Stale, South Carolina?
Speaker 3: Good watch?
Speaker 2: Who were the people coming up with the names of these cities where they get to somewhere in their life? I know, dump hole in Nevada.
Speaker 4: I live here, nothing going on here?
Speaker 3: What's the Canadian one called?
Speaker 6: Normal?
Speaker 5: In Manitoba?
Speaker 2: Normal normal?
Speaker 4: See I could see normal because it's not like a diss to the.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to go with that.
Speaker 5: Jose said, Normal Manitoba, and that's it was planned Australia.
Speaker 1: Darn it, dull answer.
Speaker 5: It was Jose. You're getting shocked on Jeffrey, Jeff. According to census data in twenty thirteen, there was a certain amount of babies born in North America who were named cheese, just cheese. Is that real number higher or lower than five?
Speaker 2: I know this is going to sound strange, but I actually follow annual cheese metrics across North America. Sounds strange all And if I remember correctly, Domino's redesigned their pizzas. What are you to add thirty more cheese to every pie?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: This is also twenty thirteen, Pizza Hut brought back their three cheese stuffed crust. Twenty thirteen was a big year.
Speaker 1: For cheese, sure, Jeff.
Speaker 2: It was such a big year for cheese. It was higher.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good answer.
Speaker 5: Jeff said, higher. And the real answer is higher. How many there are nine babies named?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Today they all end up.
Speaker 5: Alexis. You can join Jose getting shocked, or you can join Brooke and Jeffrey and being safe with this question. Back in twenty thirteen, the most watched video on YouTube was a little diddy called Peanut butter Jelly. Is that true or false?
Speaker 2: Wasn't the big video on YouTube for a while? Beeber and his Baby song? I blew up that it was the record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would also think that ten years when was David at the dentist?
Speaker 3: That was more than ten years?
Speaker 2: Was sixty years?
Speaker 1: What about Charlie my fingers? I don't know. I could see me say it's true.
Speaker 5: J Alexis said true and that is false. The number one video of twenty thirteen a little song I like to call what does the Fox sh no? That year? And Jose you're the ones getting shocked?
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right? Oh yes, so they're getting shocked and somebody wanted to hear Get Lucky by Daft Punk.
Speaker 5: Another song from twenty thirteen, Oh nice.
Speaker 8: To the Sun.
Speaker 3: I'm up bone nite to get so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's up bone Ie for get fun to get locky.
Speaker 2: A lucky that that song is over. That's your shot calling question.
Speaker 6: Of the day, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: You ever try to make a simple decision, but get so in your own head it ruins everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yes, try going shopping with me anytime.
Speaker 2: Going shopping or like when you're going to get a haircut and you're thinking, okay, just a regular wash and trim. Sure, But then you see a photo of a model with a mohawk and you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh, looks good on that.
Speaker 2: You can pull that off? You can't, No, you're you're right. My girlfriend wouldn't like that. Yeah, but at least the side area that would be cool. And maybe we do a partial fade into a faux hawk. No, no, actually, you know what, let's buzz the whole top off.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, wait, wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, hold on, let me think about this. Are perms still a thing?
Speaker 1: Actually they're kind of back. Okay, guys have been getting too.
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to do an afro? Or will that get me into trouble?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If your hold let me google this and three hours later you walk out with the exact same haircut you walked in.
Speaker 1: I was a smart choice, Jeff choice.
Speaker 2: I'm coming back next to our next segment is pretty easy to overthink too. When I asked my co host what's on their minds, hopefully we don't end up with bowl cuts. During a brand new edition of What's on Your Mind? I'd like to start this segment by welcoming the island of Fiji into the Brook and Jeffrey Fan. Yes, apparently we have one list of or there be a Spotify, So thank you, sir or ma'am. Today's What's on your Mind is gonna be dedicated just for you.
Speaker 1: You trying to get free vacation, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna start things off with brook Brook what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Good? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This dare this to Kathalon fast foodle Thon? What is mine called the drive? Yes? And I don't know how to prep for it. You guys, I keep going back and forth. Like I told my husband, I'm like, we need to eat salad every day this week and I won't eat the day up. But then I'm thinking, no, I don't know that that's what I do, because I don't know if I should do the same as like the hot dog eating people, and I think they expand their stomach.
Speaker 3: You need to do you need to gorge yourself.
Speaker 2: You should ask the guy who actually attempted this exact challenge ten years ago, Jose Blanos.
Speaker 1: I don't follow any advice from him.
Speaker 2: Almost he almost finished it himself, and I'm sure he was wearing a diaper and a helmet at the time. But still there's some nuggets of wisdom.
Speaker 3: For my strategy. I was broken, hungry.
Speaker 1: I remember I spent my.
Speaker 3: Last amounts of money on that.
Speaker 1: Well, because that sounds achy, Do you have a strategy? That's what I'm saying, Jeff, I don't know what to do. Are you not listening to me? The other thing I'm very concerned about is vomiting in the car during Yeah, car, you know.
Speaker 2: It's not like I would be worried about.
Speaker 1: Honest, I'm gonna picking out cars. I can teach you that.
Speaker 9: At least I got the window because I've been.
Speaker 1: In your car. There's definitely a stench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you practice together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that's what's on my mind. It's all that's on my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, texting some strategies for Brook to seven, eight, five, nine to Jose, what's been on your mind?
Speaker 3: Well, here's an update on my dating life.
Speaker 10: Still awful, That's what's the point.
Speaker 4: But at least I'm getting rejected in a whole different way.
Speaker 3: This is a fun thing that's developed.
Speaker 4: In my life over the last couple of months. I've had three different girls tell me quote, I'm too perfect. That's hilarious because we all know I am far from perfect, and so I'm wanting to ask maybe the ladies in the room or anyone listening or watching right now, is this a new thing that girls are doing.
Speaker 3: Is it's like a new rejection line. I think it's new because it's the way they use it. It's like, Wow, you're so nice and funny. I just feel like you're too perfect.
Speaker 1: For me, or it's like you're just the perfect guy just the wrong time of my life.
Speaker 3: I'm a mess right now and you I just I don't want to fall in love right now. I can see myself.
Speaker 2: Loving Would you prefer they do that to you or just list off five flaws as well?
Speaker 3: That's a good point, Joe.
Speaker 1: He's actually thinking about it.
Speaker 4: When I'm not going to walk around and my parents asking, oh, I'll say, when they're you going through get the wife, I'm like, Dad, I'm too perfect.
Speaker 3: You made me.
Speaker 2: Tell us what's been on your mind.
Speaker 9: I really want to become friends with my apartment neighborly a.
Speaker 1: Year and a half ago.
Speaker 9: To be fair, when she moved in, you guys have lived next to each other for that long.
Speaker 1: Because it's clear she doesn't want to be friends.
Speaker 2: With me and started.
Speaker 9: I met her and I told her I worked on the show and she'd heard of it. And I feel like that's where things went wrong. And it didn't bother me that much. But then she started throwing a lot of parties lately. I have to hear them next door, and I'm not invited. I see hot men go into her apartment next door.
Speaker 1: Not invited, You just go in, you know, I don't think you can do. Sometimes you don't want to be like too friendly with your neighbors because then every time you have a party, you feel like you have to invite them. So maybe she's just creating them. She can tell I'm desperate.
Speaker 3: They'll hear a loud movie night and she just comes over with popcorn.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the whole day's super cute outfit, holding a bottle of vodka walking past me and Hi. And So I don't know what to do now because I don't even know her name. I'm tempted to like get the mail that she gets her something and find out her name.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're the weird neighbor.
Speaker 1: I think you ruined it when you didn't give her like a welcome white claw. When she got to the building that was your problem.
Speaker 2: It's not too late.
Speaker 1: I think a year and a half later it's too late. But I'll update you if I find her name. The messature is getting rejected to. Maybe all right, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: You all know my dog Bagel. Oh, yes, cute little guy, but he has been having some issues lately, getting a lot of matting on his fur.
Speaker 1: Because he's one of those designer dogs that are like non shedding where you have to cut him.
Speaker 2: It's called hypo allergenic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah's designer.
Speaker 2: He's hic and he specifically has it in his back hind region, which is a problem because it gets in the way of him doing his business and that creates a whole new mess dingles.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I don't want him to be humiliated if I have to shave his entire body to fix the matting.
Speaker 1: You want to do a waxing session with him?
Speaker 2: And then I went to the groomer and I said, if I want the matting problem to be taken care of, but I still want him to look trendy, not like a fully shaven, hairless cat.
Speaker 1: Have you scoffed at me when I call it your designer dog, and you said you want it to be trendy.
Speaker 2: His body. They gave me an option, of course, to only shave the second half of.
Speaker 1: Him, so it looks like a liar.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand either. I was like, I don't know, I don't get it. So they gave me this picture of a dog shaven from the waist down, and it would this is basically what he would look like.
Speaker 1: It looks like that is the weirdest I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: They were saying, it's okay because you can give him those leggings to cover him and help him stay warm from the waist down.
Speaker 1: This dog, this picture has zebra striped ug boots on.
Speaker 11: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a fancy one. But at this point I'm debating whether or not to shave half of my dogs.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I want to buy a little yoga pants for Bagel.
Speaker 2: No, I do want Digital Jake to put that picture up on our socials. Yes, so people could see what my dog would look like if I did shape.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry this picture of this dog. I've never wanted a dog to wear underwear until I saw this.
Speaker 2: Not the most flatter, but with the leggings on, he looks cute. Oh yes, bottom yeah too, perfect of a dog. Text into seven eighty five nine to tell us what's been on your mind? That's what's on ours? It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. Textboards lighting up right now seven eight five nine. Two people assuring what they've been thinking about and what's on their minds lately. Someone said, would like to send a shout out to Thomas Tank Mayfield. Congratulations, we will miss you, signed your AutoZone crew. Yeah, hold on, they say congratulations. I doubt it's a firing kind of funny get in the zone. He's like, I'm leaving the zone. Another text says, I'm a former US Army mechanic. Tell miss Fuller I would be honored to work on her car smiley faced sunglass emoji.
Speaker 1: If it's just all car parks people.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I don't think he really means working on your car, though.
Speaker 1: I mean, can I do both? Like, will you fix the car?
Speaker 3: Regardless?
Speaker 1: I don't blame her, you do the same thing, Jose.
Speaker 2: Another tex says, what's on my mind? This show has been surprisingly entertaining. Backhanded. I was worried what kind of d bags they would bring into my station after the two local hosts left. But your team is great. Tell Brooke, I'm the best rebound guy out there. Hashtag Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 1: I get what he does. I don't need a rebound though. I am fully happy in my marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah for now, send your details over and we'll forward that to her when the time comes. Okay, right, but keep your text coming in seven A five nine to two brooking Jeffrey in the morning cautionary poem by Jeffrey Debou. Walking home on this lovely day, the sun is shining in a wonderful way. The birds are chirping, and the flowers are bloomed with joy and happiness. My heart's consumed.
Speaker 1: Who is this Jeffrey?
Speaker 12: I like him.
Speaker 2: Nothing could ruin this moment for me until I heard rustling coming from behind a tree. Oh then, the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life. It's the mailman on the ground conjugating with my wife.
Speaker 3: Ah wow, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Thankfully there's a reason he told me. The two were unclothed to celebrate the season.
Speaker 1: Oh what's the season?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 3: May?
Speaker 2: I ask? And the trusty postman just smiled and passed me his flask. Oh, we all drank for hours reminiscing. Turns out we were exactly two hundred days away from Thanksgiving, So remember this.
Speaker 5: I am so plate.
Speaker 2: If you see a stranger with your partner's naked caboose, there could be a very reasonable excuse for most of our partners. They should be trusted unless they're featured on this next edition of Busted coming up at seven Town.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to go to Thanksgiving at your house.
Speaker 6: Sneaky husbands, two timing lives, live, bad boyfriends, and even worse girlfriends.
Speaker 2: They thought they could get away with that, but now they're about to get busted.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: Oprah said the best way to find out what you want in life is to try a lot of different things. Okay, hopefully she meant trying out a lot of different mansions and not multiple romantic partners, because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're not, if you're single, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, if not, we could be getting a call from Stedman today. During another edition of Busted, where listeners share stories about how they caught their dumb exes being unfaithful, we have a few listeners ready to tell us how their former partners took Oprah's advice a little bit too far, starting with Liz, Liz, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 14: So, okay, last year, my car window got broken into, but it was inside my apartment's parking garage.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, when it got smashed.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it got smashed, And so I was like, oh, this sucks. But then I was like, oh wait, there's probably cameras. So I asked my landlord, is there a way if we can go through the camera footage so I could give it to the police.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, good idea.
Speaker 14: So the next day she got it for me, and while we were watching, we see a car pull up like next to the empty spot next to my car, right, yeah, and there are two people in this car. They both moved to the backseat, and then one of the back windows rolls down, and like a guy's feet are sticking out because I guess he's like too tall to lay down, right.
Speaker 1: Maybe crime really turns them on?
Speaker 12: Well yeah, I think so.
Speaker 14: So they were like they were hooking up, and then this guy inadvertently like kicks my window and breaks it.
Speaker 1: Wa it's all an accident.
Speaker 15: Well yes, but then even more shocking, this person gets out of the car without his pants, and not only does he not have pants, it's my boyfriend and our neighbor.
Speaker 6: Oh go.
Speaker 1: Yep, I hope he. I hope he at least paid for the window.
Speaker 14: Eventually, Yeah, he did, he did.
Speaker 1: That video would definitely go viral.
Speaker 2: We got to move on to David tell us how you busted your significan and other?
Speaker 7: Okay, So, I, uh, years ago, was dating this woman and we used to go to Days and Busters a lot.
Speaker 12: You guys know what that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like the adult yeah video game place.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like an arcade with alcohol. So she would play on the klaw machines you know the things that grab toys. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and I would play old arcade games to try to get high scores on them.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you guys are the power couple of Days right now?
Speaker 2: Wells were.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I noticed on some of these machines that there was always this name that was above my name. I was always number one, and the name.
Speaker 1: Was Doug Okay Arcade Star arch Nemesis.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It annoyed me because I felt like I was pretty good at these games. So on a night where I wasn't seeing my girlfriend. I just kind of got this wild hair, and I thought I should go and finally topple him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, takedown dougs for.
Speaker 7: Sure, because I don't have her there so I can focus completely on vengeug. Right, So I go to the arcade and I actually see someone playing one of the games, and I think, I don't know why, but I'm like, that's.
Speaker 12: Gotta be Doug.
Speaker 1: His thumbs are too nimble.
Speaker 7: And so I'm starting to walk up to introduce myself to the guy, and my girlfriend is there him and they are kissing.
Speaker 10: No, not only is he high score, but he stole your girl.
Speaker 2: You wanted to top Doug, but your girlfriend already beats you to it. Oh no, damn, let's hear from Tia. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 16: Okay, well, honestly, it's a little different from that. I was at the gym and I went to you casana, you know, after my regular workout.
Speaker 1: So nice.
Speaker 17: The gym, yeah, you know, so it's a pretty big, kind of like co ed sauna.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you a code jefest like those ones?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: You go in with your pants on.
Speaker 17: I go in.
Speaker 16: I usually just kind of relaxed, close my eyes and zone out for a few minutes or so, you know.
Speaker 17: And I'm sitting in there for a little bit and I hear like kissing noise. It's like some puckering up going on over on the other side.
Speaker 1: This is why we can't have nice things.
Speaker 17: Exactly.
Speaker 16: So, I see through the steam there's like another couple on the other side and then making out.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't tell me boy.
Speaker 17: Yes, okay, no, Look I look closer and realize it's my mom. Yes, and she's not with my dad.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Oh you busted your mom cheating?
Speaker 3: Oh so much of your boyfriend. Your mom was making out with your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 17: Yeah, she's hooking up with a personal trainer.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how cliche, mom, Riet.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was part of the training session. Maybe it wasn't like a romantic thing.
Speaker 3: This is how you do the son.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Make sure you hit up our textport seven eight five nine too if you have a funny story about how you caught your ex or your mom cheating, and you could be on the next edition of Busted. We got your phone tap.
Speaker 6: Next freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Little white lies, we all tell them especially when it comes to not showing up for something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh my god, having kids is the best excuse ever. I'm just saying total benefit.
Speaker 2: Of being a parent, or if you don't have that, it's like, Oh, I'm sorry I missed out Grandma's hundredth birthday. Yeah, I stepped on an oyster when I was crossing the street. She's lying there on the road. I cut my foot. Oh, I had to go to an er.
Speaker 1: Probably your neighborhood would be littered with oysters.
Speaker 2: Show otherwise I definitely would have been there. But I'll make it for Grandma's two hundred.
Speaker 1: Let's get ca yeah a diamond.
Speaker 2: Well, today, we're ready to catch a guy in his little white lie for why he chose to skip out on his high school reunion. You're gonna hear his reaction in your phone. Tap right now.
Speaker 6: It's another.
Speaker 2: On the twenties.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hi Aaron, Yeah, who's going It's.
Speaker 1: Share share a tongue from high school?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 1: Classic ninety seven, Go Bobcats?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you weren't at the reunion the other night?
Speaker 3: We missed you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I I couldn't make I had I was gonna go. I had every intention of going, but yeah, the last second, something came up and.
Speaker 1: Then came up. Oh what was it?
Speaker 8: It was just something that I had. There was a family illness, and you know, I just had to take care of that. So it was you know, I was bummed out to miss it.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm so sorry about that. Who was sick?
Speaker 8: My sister, my U. So I just wanted to get help of here, you know, wanted to take care of her, your.
Speaker 10: Older sister, right Lisa Classic ninety five go podcasts.
Speaker 12: Yeah, keep it in.
Speaker 1: The family, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, do you know? Do you know Lisa know her?
Speaker 1: I just talked to her like five minutes ago.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I kept to think of it. It's really weird. She didn't mention anything about being sick.
Speaker 8: She's uh, you know, she's she she gave recovers very quickly.
Speaker 1: But oh, okay, that that explains. I mean she should ode up to the school later that.
Speaker 7: Night she went to the reunion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she seemed fine, So wow, you must have taken really good care of her. Probably, see how quickly she recovers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it was probably after I left. But I was just.
Speaker 1: Wondering why didn't you come with her. You know, if you were already with her taking care of her, why didn't you just come to the reunion together? You know?
Speaker 12: I know?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like I said, I wanted to go and then yeah, and then my wife called my wife. My wife wasn't feeling well.
Speaker 1: So you know, you're talking about Debrah, your wife.
Speaker 8: How do you do you know? How do you know Deborah?
Speaker 1: She's a Viking? Right class at ninety eight go Vikings? Yeah? Or is it Vikes? Do they go go Vikes?
Speaker 8: I don't understand, like she went to a different school. How do you even know who she is?
Speaker 1: Well? You list her on your Facebook page? Silly. Yeah, So I did my research on everybody and their spouses and we were ready to give her the Viking song.
Speaker 8: So you don't actually know my wife. You just got that from Facebook.
Speaker 1: Well, I was still disappointed that she wasn't there, that you weren't there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and she had food poisoning so we couldn't make it, and she's not going to leave the house at that point.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that makes sense. Can you just hold on for just a second.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just went on her Facebook, yeah and posted get well soon, Deborah. Bobcat Nation class in ninety seven has you in their thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 8: You know she's not that sick of these thoughts and prayers. I don't think that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you said she was so sick she couldn't come, that you couldn't come because she was so sick. So I'm sure she's probably still recovering, probably still has diarrhea.
Speaker 10: Oh all right, Actually I should post that to hold on, hold on to that.
Speaker 8: Pay don't do that, Please, don't do that.
Speaker 10: Your husband said you were sick with food poisoned in and had bad diarrhea, s hydrated Bob catenation strong.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, hey, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 10: I'm just saying the whole class supports her. That's not We're are strong class. We stick together through sickness and in health. That's the Bobcat way.
Speaker 12: That's not something.
Speaker 5: You don't even know my wife.
Speaker 8: You've met her, you're stalking her from Facebook.
Speaker 3: I don't know her, but I know.
Speaker 1: You, silly, and so you don't know me.
Speaker 8: You keep saying you know me.
Speaker 12: No, I don't know you.
Speaker 8: I don't remember you. No offense, but wow, I don't remember you. Sharon, Sharon Sharrett.
Speaker 1: You don't remember me Share a Tongue.
Speaker 8: I don't know any share a Tongue And honestly, it sounds like a made up name. I've never I've never even heard of that name before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it is, but your wife Deborah approved it.
Speaker 8: My wife is okay, my wife's approved you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, your wife Deborah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she said it would be a great name to use in a prank phone call because you didn't show up to the reudion. Oh my, this is actually brug from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we just got bobcatted Go Cats ninety seven right.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I'm like, who is this whack job?
Speaker 2: Was like, how don't you know all these people?
Speaker 8: And you're catch me here or my wife?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, the worst liar.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you go to the reunion anyway?
Speaker 8: I just didn't want to go and see a bunch of people I was never that friendly with to begin with.
Speaker 1: You had a crush on Share a Tongue, didn't you?
Speaker 8: Wow? Who didn't.
Speaker 6: Wake up every morning? Was funk tap weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Alexis if an older guy asked you to spend an entire night with him in a public park, busting underage teenagers. What would you think that sounds hot? Or soup's hot?
Speaker 9: You know, did the teenagers have something I'd want?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's them for I'm sure they're drinking white.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's exactly how one of our listeners spent his impromptu hang out. And even though they were together till the sun came up the next day, he's still not getting a callback. Is it possible to hang out with someone so long in one night that you get sick of them already?
Speaker 1: I think yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out though, if that's the case when we do your brand new second Date updates, Next Second Date up Date. If you're looking for the three hottest places to meet eligible singles right.
Speaker 1: Now, Jo taking notes.
Speaker 2: Number one is your local Civil War reenactment. Okay, no things get spicy out on the battle. Number two is the SuDS and Studs charity car wash fundraiser.
Speaker 3: Your ladies, the five.
Speaker 2: Dollars gets you more than just a clean wash. And number three any high school graduation. I'm not saying you're meeting the graduates. There, I'm saying like I mean, though, let's be honest, most of our legal by that point, the older people at the party, the friends of family, Yeah, the families of the friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're probably related to you.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I know, because that's where one of our listeners, Robert, met a lovely lady recently, so let's talk to him about it. Robert, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Hey guys, what's up?
Speaker 1: Did you meet a grown person? Congrats?
Speaker 12: Grad I didn't meet an actual grown person at this party. It was my fat brother's daughter high school graduation. So perfect place to pick up a woman, you know, Okay, is.
Speaker 10: The perfect I've never heard that saying before.
Speaker 2: There's the first time for everything. What's this lovely woman's name?
Speaker 12: Her name is Charlotte?
Speaker 2: Okay, Robert and Charlotte. So your couple's name would be rob lit or Sharbert.
Speaker 12: I hope it ended with the Sharbert.
Speaker 1: Why why was Charlotte there?
Speaker 12: She was friends with my buddy's wife, and I guess she just wanted to have some extra friends there, so she invited her.
Speaker 2: We've all tagged along with a friend.
Speaker 1: Can you come and make my kid look popular?
Speaker 3: There's like an open bar.
Speaker 2: So how did you and Charlotte come to be?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 12: And we were just hanging out by the cooler, and I realized we were heading it off. We're talking for a little bit. Actually, I noticed that there was going to be a little bit of an ice shortage. There's a lot of people drinking limeritas and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, a lot of high schoolers sneaking them probably.
Speaker 12: No comment, So you know, I noticed that there was a nice shortage, and I felt Charlotte was like, hey, do you mind coming with a ride grab some bags of ice with me?
Speaker 1: She came, that's actually smooth. Wow, yeah, because then you get a little low time with her. Like, were you guys able to connect?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, we definitely connected.
Speaker 1: That sounds like were you making out in a car somewhere, sir?
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, no, no, no, we didn't start then. We were still feeling each other out. You know. It's like one of those parties that starts at two o'clock. So nothing got crazy that early. Okay, we got the ice and brought it back. I made sure that the situation was taking care of. Thank god I did, because they ran out of ice almost immediately. By the time we got back and the party would have been over. But if we saved the.
Speaker 1: Party, what you guys are the heroes.
Speaker 12: Exactly, and you know what, we made everyone feel good. She was impressed with my knowledge of ice. Oh what.
Speaker 3: Circular cubes? Way better than those little square ones.
Speaker 12: It's important to know how many people come to your party because you need to know the correct people to ice ratio.
Speaker 1: The long form math questions. It would have served us a lot better in life. You know, screw how fast the train is going?
Speaker 2: Thank god she had you there to help calculate that. So how long did the party last?
Speaker 12: So like with that type of part that would only go to like five Yeah, but things got crazy and it went all the way to like twelve o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: Whoa, I love what the parties like for grads are actually really the parties for parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder you needed so much ice? Geez?
Speaker 1: Were you and her together all night?
Speaker 12: We were hanging out, you know, I tried to mingle a little bit, but I kept coming back to her because we were really hitting it off. And then apparently now I don't know what's the deal with these high school kids, but they have these parties that they'll bring chaperones to like adult chaperones. So they were all headed to this park by us, and they wanted some chaperones. Okay, so I thought, why the heck not, why don't we go?
Speaker 1: I guess I remember that they would do like all nighters at my high school, where like you would go to a bowling alley and you literally were there all night and it was like school sponsored. The idea was to like make sure that kids run out, you know, doing drugs.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I remember that sound very fun. Okay, so was it an all night situation.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so we went to this park and we shopper in the party and we ended up going to five am.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so cool. Was it fine or was it annoying?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You know, it was fun because Charlott and I had some alone time while we're making sure the kids were aving and everything. But I'm not gonna lie. I had to crack down on some of the kids because I saw that all the kids were huddled around this one red four tourist. It turned out someone brought in a ponykeg. But I busted them how to break up the fun.
Speaker 1: But but then, does that mean that you confiscated the ponykeg and you and Charlotte got to drink it.
Speaker 12: No comment, no comment, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this sounds like a pretty fun night for you and Charlotte that day.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is a lot of time with a person I know.
Speaker 12: But like you know what, the conversation just kept coming easy. It wasn't really difficult to talk to her, you know what. It felt like we had a real connection.
Speaker 2: How did you two leave it?
Speaker 12: So at the end of the night, when everything was winding down, I drove her back to her car and we made it out before she got out of the car. So things went pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's just like delirious with sleep. Yeah, so it made it sounds shocking that she wouldn't be getting back to you or you're not hearing from her at all.
Speaker 12: No, I've texted her back a few times and she keeps saying, you know, I need to check my schedule. But now it's been two weeks, so now I'm feeling like he's just playing games, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely you didn't meet a younger man.
Speaker 2: It's if any of them are college bound. I know, she's like, you took my keg away. We'll find out when we come back. We will call Charlotte for you and try to turn you into officially shar Bert when we're doing your second date update right after this.
Speaker 12: Thanks, guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Update if you're just joining us for the second date update, we're talking to the chaperone of an all night high school graduation party. Yeah, and he's available for hire, ladies if the second date doesn't work out well, So he'll chaperone your kid's birthday.
Speaker 1: Party the winter for Jeff.
Speaker 2: And the best part, he won't forget the ice, never enough for the entire party all night long. Yeah, that's what Robert brings to the table, and it's how he met Charlotte the other night. Now after they're awesome evening together, she's not responding to his text anymore. So we're gonna find out what's up. Or, as the kids would say, su fam, you were so disconnected. That's what they say, Robert. Isn't that what the kids say at the party?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said that at the party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Robert.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you. Jeff googled that.
Speaker 2: I asked Jeeves, did Jeeves James knows.
Speaker 1: I think the important part is like she made out with you after spending God, you guys were together for almost twenty four no, twelve hours? That yeah, over twelve hours? Yeah time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I had a whole day with her. It was like two dates rolled into one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sure, you really need to know someone.
Speaker 1: I think this is going to be successful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just has some pretty awesome excuse to turn you down like this. So let's give her a call. We'll see if she answers and try and get you your second date update. Okay, all right, great, right, wish me luck? Yeah it's hand. I feel like I could use the luck too.
Speaker 12: But I wish you luck if you wish me luck, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I wish you.
Speaker 1: This is going to go on forever the circle.
Speaker 11: Please get out, Please leave your message for five seven Charlotte, Come on now, off.
Speaker 12: Bro, I know you got the luck. Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey, is this Charlotte?
Speaker 13: That is mathl Yes.
Speaker 12: May.
Speaker 2: We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Charlotte.
Speaker 13: By uh Hi, how can I help you?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 2: We're doing a segment called a second Date Update, and we're looking to pry a little bit into your dating life.
Speaker 7: My dating mm hmm.
Speaker 13: Remember drop, Charlotte, are you like from match dot com? I cancel that already.
Speaker 1: Amazing, Just groups of people from match dot com for you to resign up.
Speaker 2: I mean, much less reputable than match dot com. We're morning radio show, but we do this thing where we try and help out our listeners. After they've gone out with someone and they're not getting a second date. We try and figure out why that's not happening.
Speaker 1: And yours, I guess wasn't an official date, you know, like it was more of a really really really long hangout.
Speaker 13: Who are talking about here?
Speaker 2: We're talking about a guy named Robert and you chaperoned a high school graduation party with Oh yeah, okay, I heard side.
Speaker 1: Now what do you think about him?
Speaker 13: I mean he's a lot of fun. I guess he was a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knows his way around a bag of vice.
Speaker 13: I mean he was getting along with the kids really well.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean a little too well.
Speaker 13: Maybe it's like he just was laughing and joking with him. They're having a good time and they're running around. You know, I don't know, this is weird.
Speaker 2: Was he having them push him on the swing set or what was going on.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he had this like giant band aid on his knee, and when I asked him, you know body, he kind of like blew it off. He wouldn't really talk about it, so I just figure the more drinks he had and that he would tell me.
Speaker 1: Okay, because he did say that you guys were drinking like he was confiscated a like ponykeg or something for some of the high schoolers. It's a small one, ok yeah, a little tiny guy.
Speaker 13: So you find me tell me what was going on with it? And he said that he skinned his knee, will be bad while moaning people from a moving car.
Speaker 2: Wait what you say people?
Speaker 13: And he was laughing like he is right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, like Jose, I'm sorry, I've seen this before.
Speaker 3: Wait, it's not look fun.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. He was in a car. How do you skin your knee if you're in a car and you're dropping your pants and showing people's butt or one.
Speaker 2: Of your friends put doors open.
Speaker 3: My money, my buddy tried this and our other buddy pushed him.
Speaker 1: Out out of a moving car that was going like.
Speaker 3: Five miles an hour.
Speaker 2: It checks out that Jose is the one that sorry, Okay, what does that.
Speaker 13: Say to you, Yeah, he's too immature.
Speaker 1: Wait, he was supposed to be chaperoning, but he was in the car mooning other high school students, like pretty sure that.
Speaker 13: Before the Yeah no, I guess this happened before because he already had the band dates, so he.
Speaker 1: Was doing it with his adult friends. And I see it. Told you at the high school party, it felt like you.
Speaker 2: Were dating a high school kid in a grown man spot.
Speaker 13: I hope they were adult.
Speaker 1: You're also questioning that different. It's good that he didn't want to tell you. At least that means he wasn't proud initially of it.
Speaker 3: And I will say that my instance also happened in high school. It wasn't an adult thing.
Speaker 2: So Charlotte, that's the main reason that you're not calling Robert back.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just don't want to date on this as childish?
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 13: I mean, I'm perfectly good being friends with him. You know, he is fun and I did laugh, but it's not something I.
Speaker 1: Don't think he wants to be friends with you.
Speaker 6: Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I mean, if he was really that childish, would he have been waiting quietly on the other line wanting to talk.
Speaker 1: To you a lot of self restraint right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a grown man move.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I mean, come on, guys, I this whole time, I let her air her grievances, but I'm only hearing positives right now. Okay, I loan someone because I'm fun. And you know what, that what he likes about me.
Speaker 2: I wasn't joking, Charlotte when I said he is. On the other line, he actually wants to.
Speaker 12: If you think I'm childlike, I pay my car insurance all the time.
Speaker 1: Is that the only bill you pay? But just didn't have car insurance?
Speaker 2: So he's more of a man than me. Yeah, you admit, Robert that you actually moon some people.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know what, listen moaning somebody's like the moment strikes you, you know, and you just got to take it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I see him on that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's not malicious, it's just in good fun, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, talk to Charlotte about it.
Speaker 12: Charlotte, Come on, you you've never done anything like silly.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no, he said, you want a previous mustach competition in Mexico, there's a.
Speaker 8: It was a college.
Speaker 13: Spring break, but it was last year when he did it.
Speaker 2: It's not your Oh he tagged onto somebody else's spring break. You were chaperoning that one too, Robert.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, come on, looks need someone older to watch out for.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, Robert, it's going to be easy for you to win the previous mustache contest when you're twenty years older than the contestant.
Speaker 2: However, you want find a cancuon in.
Speaker 12: Spring break them legit competition. I even got a trophy too. And let me tell you something, I had the best flu manshew there is your parents are proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's interesting. Those are interesting things to bring up on a first hangout, Robert, Like, usually you want to talk about cool things you did.
Speaker 2: Nut or adult things. I think you're making You're kind of digging your own grave. You're making your sound more and more childish.
Speaker 4: Maybe he wants to get the porn across it. He's still fun just because he's in his thirties or forties.
Speaker 2: I don't think she has any question that he's fun. It's just is he grown up enough for her? She seems to want a more mature guy. Do you have any things that prove that you're mature?
Speaker 12: Yeah. I mean, listen, I'm on weight Watchers right now. You know, like I'm trying to take care of myself.
Speaker 2: You know, okay, okay, I'm very often weight Watchers is a selling point for good for you, Robert.
Speaker 12: Listen. It's shows that I care about myself and I'm trying to take care of adult things.
Speaker 1: I hear Charlotte laughing. I mean, Charlotte, maybe you need a little bit more fun in your life.
Speaker 13: I just worry about where our next date is going to be, Like, are we going to be cannon balling in the pool?
Speaker 1: I don't know, be fun.
Speaker 2: The fact that you're even thinking about the possibility of the next date is a good sign.
Speaker 1: There we go, Charlotte, come on, give him another chair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would love to send you on that next day and pay for bumpers at the bowling alley. You're willing to go out with him one more time, Charlotte, what.
Speaker 13: Do you think I would love to hang out with you?
Speaker 12: As trends, I just drove away from you and into the sunset. I'm gonna find me a woman who likes the skinny dips and go through canonballs.
Speaker 1: That's quite the.
Speaker 2: Combination, all right, man, well, Robert, if you're out of here, then I guess I am too.
Speaker 1: All right, you just crash your imaginary forgot how to drive.
Speaker 2: Chaperone Brook Jeffrey in the morning. I like how he spent half of the call trying to prove how mature an adult he was and then left the call making car sounds.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean his maturity arguments weren't super strong, so it wasn't super.
Speaker 2: Strong, although he did have some of us beat as far as adulting goes.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: But we never claimed to be mature. The reason why she didn't know our show.
Speaker 2: They do say some people never grow up, and Robert might be the perfect example of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll find somebody that is true equally immature.
Speaker 2: There is somebody out there for everybody.
Speaker 3: I don't know had show. Yeah, yeah, but I'm forever single.
Speaker 2: So but I did see we had some women texting in at seven eight five nine two saying he sounds hilarious and they'd love to meet him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is fun to be the fun guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always fun for a night or two anyway.
Speaker 2: Exactly, I didn't recognize one of the numbers and Brook next time, you could just ask me directly. I'll give you the phone number.
Speaker 1: You have that number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you help to play quiet like that. But anyway, if you do want to get some help with your dating life, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. Go check out all of our Second Date podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: Get out of here, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, We're.
Speaker 2: Nearing the day most of us in studio have been waiting for. Yeah, summer series of You Wouldn't dare Challenge it? Brook, the bell tolls for you.
Speaker 1: It's not all.
Speaker 2: It's the closest thing we could afford to.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you can't.
Speaker 2: Avoid it anymore. Brooke, it's happening this Friday because Jose challenged her to the drive through to cathalon and Hose. What does that mean for her? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Brook needs to drive through the drive through ten times, get ten different items, but she cannot accept the next item from the window until she has finished the previous item.
Speaker 1: Shoot, oh my god, that literally just made my stomach turn.
Speaker 10: It's like speedy, you know, I'm competitive.
Speaker 1: I want to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally because the challenge Jose couldn't complete himself ten years ago.
Speaker 3: I just I don't want to get into it, but I get complete.
Speaker 2: We know the challenge, we know the date, but what we don't know yet is which fast food restaurant Brook is choosing. She's going to reveal it here in a few seconds and tell us the thinking for.
Speaker 3: On this is it when we find out has put a.
Speaker 2: Lot of research into this. This She's put more thought into this than choosing baby names for her two shows, Nora Jones and Cedar Playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure?
Speaker 2: Do you want a drum.
Speaker 5: Roll for this?
Speaker 1: Of course? I want a drum Let's get a drum.
Speaker 2: Roll going, Brook, let the world know which drive here where you've got to be hidden up?
Speaker 10: Jack in the Box, Jack in the Yeah, thirty seconds, real quick, real quick. They have a lot of variety at Jack in the Box and fantastic value menu which means smaller items.
Speaker 1: Okay, so.
Speaker 2: Is the cheapest I.
Speaker 1: Do have to pay for it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: And I actually really like Jack in the Box. And last thing is it's close to this radio station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're selling me less and less.
Speaker 1: There's not a Wendy's close to us. I look because also a great value menu.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the drive through the cathalon is said it's going down this Friday and this might be the video of the year at Brook and Jeffrey on Tip talking on Instagram. If you're not following the show already, you'll want to for this.
Speaker 1: I don't want to disappoint anyone. I think I could do it.
Speaker 2: Just mind around the idea that you are gonna let people down.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Do you Just get used to.
Speaker 4: It now and it won't hurt so much when you when you're done, will you bring me back to Tacos and Junior and cheese.
Speaker 1: No, I will not. They don't have jumbo jacks.
Speaker 2: Amazing, Right, make sure you're joining us on Friday. We're gonna do Laser Stories. It's the radio segment who's in a legal fight with an A list actor over the name of his new sandwich shop. It's called bread Pitt. George Clooney is furious if he didn't think of it first. It's Laser Stories. It's segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those beauty bad boys just.
Speaker 3: Don't Orange Clooney.
Speaker 2: This first lazer story is out of upstate New York. There's a lab called the Renscelliar Polytechnic Institute.
Speaker 1: And Express you got that out That sounded.
Speaker 2: Three years ago. A janitor was working the late shift there, cleaning up after hours. He was in the cold storage area of the lab and one of the freezers would not stop beeping.
Speaker 3: That happens at one of our fridges in the break.
Speaker 1: Is that a sound effect of a forklift?
Speaker 2: We're limited sound effects years, but clearly the janitor found it annoying. Yeah, yeah, So he did what any obviously clear headed person would do.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: He just unplugged the freezer.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, wait, but you're in a lab.
Speaker 2: Could be problematic. Did cause the temperature to slowly rise from minus one hundred and twelve degrees fahrenheit cold up to minus twenty five, which was enough to big difference wipe out twenty five years of research. Well, the weird part is there were written signs explaining that the beeping is normal, and instructions were written on the fridge saying how you could mute it if you wanted to. But he ignored all of that and just unplugged it instead.
Speaker 3: The beings probably like a necessity.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, fast forward to today, the Institute is suing the cleaning company because of the decades worth of ruined research shapes. In the lawsuit, the lab says it costs more than one million dollars in damages. The cleaning company has not commented, although one local report equipped it's a good thing this guy didn't work at a hospital. Turn it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one's really just flatlining.
Speaker 2: This next Lazer story is out of shop till it drops headquarters TikTok is going viral where a woman walks into a TJ Max and suddenly needs to you know, go number two.
Speaker 3: Top at the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And apparently other people can relate because her post was flooded with thousands of comments about the laxative effect of stores like these, and some employees even say that they're aware of this.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's not just TJ Max and Target. People say it includes Ross, Barnes and Noble, Macy's and Michael's Arts and Crafts, among others.
Speaker 3: Oh, just shopping there, what I mean.
Speaker 2: Just walking in geta I didn't miss anything.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. I've never gone into the women's restroom of any of those stores and noticed that it was like, you know, boun up or anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people just try to avoid the public restrooms altogether. So why is this happening? There are theories. Some say it's the adrenaline rush of being inside the store.
Speaker 4: Oh my godness, I say twenty five percent off, I'm gonna crap myself.
Speaker 2: Others think it's the coffee that they sip as they're shopping. Yeah, have Starbucks every single retail store now, and I always fall for it.
Speaker 3: Every time I walk in. I'm like, ohs, grab a coffee.
Speaker 2: And some guess it might have to do with all the fluorescent lights.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome to our workspace.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wise and coffee. Yeah, we're not always well.
Speaker 1: You are always.
Speaker 3: Very healthy digestive cycle.
Speaker 2: I think you're just excited in having an adrenaline rush being around all the bus Yeah. The popular Gut Doctor says there's not enough definitive research on the connection between TJ MAX and emptying your bowels.
Speaker 1: That's too bad.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is a long flock.
Speaker 1: Sound effects are real extra today, they are.
Speaker 2: But she says it could be due to a surgeon emotion. If you're entering a new, large space, you could be feeling a rush of anxiety or excitement or over stimulation or maybe again, it's just a coffee, all right.
Speaker 1: So if you're backed up, just head over to your local teaching.
Speaker 3: Three days.
Speaker 2: This next lay is their story is out of food news. The newest culinary trend right now features food that isn't actually edible. Right now, Chinese street vendors are going viral for there must have dish of the moment. What is called suduy, which means suck and throw.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I think I may have heard about this.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what sudui is. It translates to stir fried stones.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've seen this. I thought it was a joke.
Speaker 2: So when you order it, your entire plate is filled with inedible pebbles hot off the griddle that are coated with chili oil and garlic, rosemary and pepper, like you're eating gravel.
Speaker 1: Essentially, that's what you're saying, like little flat.
Speaker 3: Rocks that you would want to skip on the beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you serve it as a big pile and you're supposed to suck the flavor off of them, saute.
Speaker 3: With chili oil and sesame and all this stuff. But you don't eat anything you I.
Speaker 1: Would forget and start trying to chew a ry end up with a big Dennis Bill. I can see what would.
Speaker 2: Happened for So then you discard them once they finally lose their taste. It doesn't really matter, and not surprisingly, the price is fantastic. I bet as a large surfing of flavored rocks, run you two bucks.
Speaker 1: You know this is going to be the next Hollywood It Die the Kardashians. I guarantee you are already putting rocks in their salad and just shaking it up.
Speaker 2: And Gwyneth Paltrow was sell them for like seventy dollars.
Speaker 12: Ye.
Speaker 2: Going viral online hawkers and street vendors have been jumping onto the trend, so question is it good? Opinions kind of vary on that, but most people are solely concentrated on the fact that you are eating gravel y.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Literally, how are you ensuring that the rocks get cleaned before they get cooked?
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a big issue for the Chinese street vendors. No word on if any big name restaurant chains are going to start offering the meal. But one person and suggested all of garden do endless garlic pebbles along, get their bottomless breadsticks and salad on.
Speaker 1: You know, I still dip them in the alfredo sauce.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: His next laser shows out of the study of people, if someone said you're a sensitive person, how would you take that as a compliment or an insult?
Speaker 1: I probably cried, I don't usually mean it as a good thing.
Speaker 2: You're so sensitive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess when you say that. Yeah, baby, I think it's just you're just sensitive, buddy. That was condescend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how you answer might depend on this one thing to someone asks two thousand people, and turns out men are more likely to see this as a compliment. Yeah, okay, women might not. Thirty seven percent of guys said being called sensitive is high praise, compared to just twenty three percent of women.
Speaker 1: Well, because whenever women are called sensitive, it means that they're crazy. I mean, like, you're implying the same thing Guys like, you're sensitive.
Speaker 3: Share their emotions at all.
Speaker 2: Seventy one percent of guys claim that they're in touch with their feelings, which is much higher than it was a decade earlier.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I love that trend. That's a great trend.
Speaker 3: We'll get sensitive bros.
Speaker 2: The main reason for that trend is because guys believe if they show their sensitive side publicly, it makes them more likable and easier to date.
Speaker 3: Oh, not at all. I'm sensitive.
Speaker 2: Wants who's the most sensitive person on this show? Do you think me? Some might say Jose, But I think this guy wears the crown.
Speaker 3: Oh he's more sensitive.
Speaker 12: Than me, I do.
Speaker 1: I think he's very in.
Speaker 2: Touch with Every time he thinks that his long lost love, the Nike Cross Trainers two thousand and two editions, he sheds a tearney. That's how means Laser Stories has come to an end.
Speaker 12: For the day.
Speaker 2: We'll do it again, same.
Speaker 6: Time on Friday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We've got Jamie from Tacoma on the phone today, who two years ago to the day, Wow had Brooke ruin her birthday when selfishly she took her down three to one.
Speaker 3: Rock.
Speaker 1: Oh God, for a second, I thought you meant Jamie ruin my birthday and I was going to be upset. But I ruined her her birth That's fine, that's totally fine.
Speaker 2: Still don't feel bad about it. But Jamie is back to claim birthday glory.
Speaker 1: To Happy birthday, Jamie.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Jamie.
Speaker 1: What kind of cake is your favorite?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 17: Raspberry in the middle, raspberry filling, It's my favorite?
Speaker 1: Basically costco cake, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Honestly, do you agree with this? Not real raspberries? We like the fake jelly raspberry right?
Speaker 1: Who's in real big hunks of raspberry cake?
Speaker 3: School strawberry or raspberry filling. It's actually really decadent.
Speaker 1: It's not fake. They just mix it with sugar and cook it and that's how.
Speaker 2: You make jadis the raspberry cake debate will have to wait a little bit longer because we're gonna send Brook out of the studio. And while that happens, Jamie, you know how the game works. Thirty seconds, answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past, but you have to beat Brooke outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Good luck? Your time starts now. Elon Musk celebrates a birthday today. Is he in his fifties or sixties?
Speaker 11: Fifty?
Speaker 2: If a letter isn't a vowel? What is it? What European country was the first to use military camouflage uniforms.
Speaker 10: Germany?
Speaker 2: How many continents are there in the world. What famous classical composer started losing his hearing in his twenties, Beto? What color is known as the color of royalty? Good work? We're's going to come back in the studio, and I see for work. Jamie publishes coloring books on Amazon and her favorite hobby is to work on coloring books. So she does coloring books twenty four to seven in her Life coloring book, we have the color our faces in.
Speaker 11: I could do that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome, is it? Are there adult coloring books?
Speaker 6: Yes, sweet.
Speaker 2: Naked stuff not cold? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really got into adult coloring books for a while. It was it's really like relaxing. Oh I honestly, it's like, yeah, for sure, you gotta have the gel pins though it really makes a difference.
Speaker 2: Of course, Brooks and you get snooty about the type of pens you color with. Has to be jel What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh no, gel in the cake jail.
Speaker 1: I have a philly Javi's got my back on that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do all right. Your time starts now. Elon Musk celebrates the birthday today. Is he in his fifties or sixties?
Speaker 1: Fifties?
Speaker 2: If a letter isn't a.
Speaker 1: Vowel, what is it consonant?
Speaker 2: What European country was the first to use military camouflage uniforms Germany? How many continents are there in the world seven? What famous classical composer started losing his hearing in his twenties?
Speaker 3: Uh buck?
Speaker 2: What color is known as the color of royalty?
Speaker 1: Purple?
Speaker 2: V bucks are the current are the currency used in what popular video game bucks.
Speaker 1: Are totally using Fortnite.
Speaker 2: We're gonna totally see if you're right on that or wrong when we go over to the scoreboard and check it with Jose.
Speaker 5: This is how we do it.
Speaker 3: Jamie, you got four.
Speaker 1: Breaking the fire.
Speaker 3: And Brooke show me the cake, show her the cake. You got five.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, another birthday ruined by Brooke Fox sang it.
Speaker 3: Brooks.
Speaker 1: It's like I came over and popped all your balloons for some reason.
Speaker 2: She's smiling and laughing about it. Sorry, Jamie. Let's go over the answers here for everybody. Elon Musk celebrates a birthday. He's still in his fifties. He's only fifty two years old. If a letter isn't a val, it's a consonant. The European country that's the first used military camouflage for their uniforms was not Germany. It was France. In nineteen fifteen. They actually had a camouflage unit.
Speaker 3: That sounds French. Duke came flower, Oh yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: There are seven continents total in the world. Beethoven started losing his hearing when he was in his twenties. And the color of Royalty purple because it was so difficult to make an ancient times required or a lot of crushed beetles. That was how they made it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And then V bucks that's the currency in Fortnite.
Speaker 3: Yeah bro oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The only reason I'd know that is because of Jose and sincessant talk about video games.
Speaker 4: You do learn stuff from him to learn more if you follow me on Kicky, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to do that.
Speaker 2: See well, Jamie, I'm sorry. We can't give you any money here, but just for playing, we can send you a fifty dollars gift card to sugar Plums. Sugar Plum are the sugaring experts who do full body hair removal and they're all natural. Sugaring paste is organic and fair trade and delicious. Spread on a bagel. Get your appointment today at sugarplum dot com.
Speaker 3: Put it on.
Speaker 10: Jamie, have a great birthday or a better birthday she.
Speaker 2: Has when she said that, don't believe it. We do appreciate you playing Jamie. Come back and do it again. We'll play Windbrooks Block the same time tomorrow, Rookie Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's like every day I find another reason to love the Washington Potato Commission and Washington Potato growers because our potato growers are committed to sustainable farming practices to grow spuds for generations to come. You hear that, kids, You got spuds for life. And it means so much that ninety nine percent of Washington potato farms are family run. These growers are environmentalists at their core, and they want their crops and feels healthy for their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids. You get all those little tater tots out there. Farmers rely on cost effective, reliable energy like hydropower for harvesting and processing potatoes. Oh By using GPS trackers while fertilizing and more energy efficient farming equipment, they're using less diesel and releasing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Go to potatoes dot com slash farm families to learn more about their sustainable farming practices.