Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Fantasy Football Podcast. I'm your host, Scott Bogman. Follow me on the Twitter at Bogman Sports. As always, I am joined by Pat Fitzmorris at fits Underscore FF on the Twitter Machine Fitsie.
Speaker 2: What's going on man? How you doing doing?
Speaker 3: Wild Boggs looking forward to you. Know how, I have a wide receiver fetish, So I'm really excited about today's show when we're going to talk about wide receiver rankings and we have a great guest to do it.
Speaker 1: With, Yes, Alfredo Brown at the pretend GM of Football Guys. Alfredo, first time having you on the show. Happy to have you here and happy to talk some wide receivers. This is going to be a fun one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm excited to be here. I did not think that thirty seconds into the show I'd be hearing about Pat's fetishes, but here we are. I'm excited to get into the wide receivers.
Speaker 1: That's what we're all about. We're all about fetishes on this show. No, obviously, we are about the wide receiver talk. We've done quarterbacks and running backs last couple of weeks, so what we're going to do is we're going to take a look at the top thirty six ranked wide receivers on Fantasy pros ECR and see how we compare to not just against CCR, but also raking against each other. And I was so jazzed up to have these big arguments and debates about the wide receivers and try to explain my position on some of them. And when we did the top thirty six in ECR and Alfred, Oh, this is not your favorite stat, but you were thirty six for thirty six. Your top thirty six wide receivers were the same thirty six ranked in ECR on Fantasy pros. Fitz and I are both thirty four of thirty six, So yeah, maybe we had these guys ranked different, But in terms of tears, we're kind of all the same. So we might be kind of battling into the wind a little bit here.
Speaker 2: What what.
Speaker 1: Are the immediate feelings when you hear your thirty six for thirty six? Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I cannot be contained, right, as I told you before the show, I'm the bad boy of Dynasty football courts. You can't you can't, you know, stop me from coloring outside the lines here. But Honestly, man, I think it's crazy. What I was telling you before is that dynasty theory in the way people build their rosters is just always so different. I'm shocked that we, as the three of us, have so many players all within the same ECR. That's just nuts to me, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fits when you see that, and it's you know, because there seems to be different prevailing opinions specifically on wide receivers. You know, sure there's a little difference in quarterbacks and running backs, but I feel like we're closer in those. But thirty four of thirty six and thirty six of thirty six for all three of us seems almost like an impossibility.
Speaker 3: It does. But like, I don't want listeners to think this is going to be a boring show where, you know, we'll just agree with everything each other says, because they're definitely with some individual players, there are some wide ranges of opinions. So we are going to drill down on some of those and hopefully argue a little because that's always fun.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got plenty that you know that we have ranked outside of the top twelve that that are inside and and you know, I'm way different. Of course, you know, like Alfredo said, just in dynasty theory and the way you do things, everyone's different. I have lost so much money investing into early dynasty leagues and then not getting to play it out. So I want to win quick, so I do you know, three year window after that I'll rebuild. So my rankings are way different. So we are definitely going to fight a bunch. But I was just surprised to see that, you know, three different minds, we all probably do things a little bit different. But wide receiver, the good wide receivers are the good wide receivers, and we know that it's just where you have them ranked inside the top thirty six. So what do you guys say, should we jump into the wide receiver number ones to start?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Can I? Can? I first say? What a pass away to our bogs that you're playing under the assumption that all your dynasty teams are going to fold in the first all your leagues are going to fold in the first three years, whereas you know, I'm altruistic and think that I'm going to be willing my dynasty teams to my son on my deathbed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you call it. You call it pessimistic. I call it experienced, is what I call it, you know. And look, you know, dynasty leagues with industry people are different, like because you know that team is going to exist whether you have it or not for a while. But I'm talking about the listeners, you know, the listeners and getting the dynasty leagues together.
Speaker 2: It's just a little tough for that's all. You know.
Speaker 1: If I if I know that my league is going to last a little bit longer, you know, because it's people that I played with now for twenty years, then yeah, I'll lean a little more towards, you know, going after some longer term project projects and stuff like that. And also my strategy will not forbid me from taking long term, long term projects and that type of stuff. But in most cases, I have a hard time passing up Stephan Diggs and Devonte Adams for guys that maybe we'll get there someday because I know what those guys are. So, you know, it's just a little different for everyone. But we are about to dive in to the wide receiver ones. Before we do, let me tell you guys about Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager. But the question is, have you tried it? It's time to see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more. Think it sounds complicated, it is not. The best thing about Reality Sports Online Fantasy front Office is that it doesn't take any more time their standard league.
Speaker 2: It just requires more strategy.
Speaker 1: Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is a platform to test your metal. If you're still not sure, you can test out your general manager skills for frub Lee in a mock. If you like what you see, use a promo code. Fantasy Pros receive a ten percent discount on your teamer league Today. Fantasy just got real at Reality sports online dot com. All right, gentlemen, let's jump into wide receiver number ones here and number one down to twelve. Is this order number one Justin Jefferson, consensus number two, Jamar Chase, consensus number three, Ceede Lamb consensus. Those are your top three for ECR and for all of us in that order, no change there. Moving down to four. Is aj Brown not consensus. Garrett Wilson is five, Jaln Waddle is six, Amana Saint Brown is seven, chrys Olave at eight, Tyreek Hill at nine, Stefan Diggs at ten, DeVante Smith at eleven, and t Higgins at number twelve. A couple notes on these top ones, and let's just go ahead and start with those top three. We all have the same top three, Alfredo, is there any are you upset if you see Jamar Chase ranked ahead of Justin Jefferson or if you see Ceedee Lamb ahead of either one one of those guys. Is that a crazy take if someone does that, or is it just hey, look, we know we got in these three guys. This is the top tier. However you change them whatever, but these are our top three guys if.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the tier. Yes, those three guys should all be in that tier, right, I mean, honestly, there's actually there's a pretty good argument he made that it's just Jefferson and Chase in their own shir alone, or even just Jefferson in his own tier. So I don't think it's it's too crazy to have them all in the same tier. But I think you kind of have to stay strong with Justin Jefferson being there at one. Really, the only argument I've heard for putting Jamar Chase over him is people believing that there's going to be an even greater touchdown REGRESSI where He's going to continue to get even more and more, and Justin Jefferson might slow down with Jordan Addison, Whereas I mean, when you have to put that many ifs into how you're valuing a player, I mean, it's like, what else does Justin Jefferson have to do to be considered the number one wide receiver in Dynasty at just twenty four years old. So I'm pretty comfortable with the way it is. I don't think Cede Lambs should be necessarily in this same grouping as those two top guys.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I think it is a tier of two of Jefferson and Chase and then at Ceedee Lamb in his own tier, and then kind of everybody else. It kind of opens up after number three fits. Is it the same way for you in that regard? Would it be you know, Jefferson, Chase Lamb or do you see an argument of Lamb maybe going into that tier.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's the big two. And like, I don't have an issue with anyone who wants to put Chase ahead of Jefferson. He does have a better quarterback. I mean, there's no denying Joe Burrows a better QB than Kirk Cousins. And like maybe T Higgins disappears after this coming season and then you know, the targets spike even a little bit higher for Jamar Chase. But you know, I have Jefferson, I had a Chase. But I do consider it basically neck and neck photo finish.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I think that's probably the way it is now. We did all have a different number four. But I think Alfredo, you know, you told me there was something with the rank so you you actually have a j Brown at four, right, and not a monor Saint Brown?
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean like when you when you kind of fiddle it around, so our rankings kind of adjust on our website based on the projections for the entire team, that's there, so when you switch from half PPR to PPR. But I see, but you know what, as I started to look into it, bogs Like initially, what it has here in the rankings is a Monora Saint Brown at wide receiver four. And the more I started to dive into it, I was like, you know what, I don't hate that. I don't hate that. At first, I was like, no, no, no, I can't put that. And it was just like, let me dive into this a bit more, and I loved it. I really did. I mean, you talk about how the theory of dynasty right is so different from from one person to the next, and I'm a little bit more optimistic than you. I don't think that the leagues are always just gonna, you know, like fizzle out like that. So I really want to get a lot of those safe players when I'm doing, you know, early on in my roster build, and a Mona Saint Brown has just been that guy because of the target volume that he gets. You you look back at last year and you know, even going back to twenty twenty one his games, he had eight or more targets in eighty six percent of his games since week thirteen, and then ten or more targets and sixty four percent of his game since week thirteen of last season. So it's a guy that you don't look at a lot of these wide receivers and just see automatic target volume, right, And I've got him kind of in that same area as AJ Brown Jalen Waddle, and I don't think that we know for sure what those guys really are yet. I know that they're both playmakers. Jalen Wattle has shown us two different versions of himself from year one to year two, and as a lifelong Miami Dolphins fan, I still don't know what he is. Year one he was heavily. He was a big volume guy, and the year two he was a hig efficiency guy. AJ Brown I looked like the biggest idiot in the world last offseason saying that you know, I'm I'm selling AJ Brown at his current ADP, YadA, YadA, YadA, because you know he's going to have to have career highs in targets and catches and yards and touchdowns and stay healthy for all seventeen games. And then he went and did that and just made me look foolish. So, man, you can almost make the argument that he might be at his production peak and on the way down. So I think it kind of goes back to that dynasty game theory. How are you building that roster? I like to stick with the safe guys and a minor Saint Brown. He's got that skill set that ages well. He's a good route runner. He's not one of those guys that's gonna have to rely on speed or size. He's just going to continuously be the high volume guy. That's why I sort of lean in that direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look that's fair.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, higher than ECR, and a Honor Saint Brown is ECR seven. I have him at six. Fits you're right on ECR for a Honor Saint Brown, but you have a J. Brown at number four? Would he would you put him in the same tier as Lamb? Or would you say Lamb is his own tier? And then you go down to four, five, and six and whoever else.
Speaker 3: I would say he would be in the same tier with Lamb, you know, like a clear cut. I don't really debate those guys too much, but I do think they're pretty close. And then for me, it's Wattle, Wilson and Saint Brown in the next time. And like, I don't have any issue with you know where Alfredo has Saint Brown. But I guess the reason I like Waddle a little more than Wilson and Saint Brown was. It gets to what Alfredo was just talking about. With the two variations we've seen of Jalen Wattle in his first two years in the league. I love that he's been versatile, that he almost played sort of that Jarvis Landry early career Jarvis Landry role in his rookie year as a short area receiver, heavy target guy. Then Tyreek Hill shows up, Mike McDaniels stretches the passing game and he's like this vertical home run guy. And like the arrival of Tyreek didn't didn't put a dent in his production at all. So I love that he has thrived under two very different usage patterns. I guess you know, the difference in his average depth of target was pretty extreme from year to year. So I think he's just to be sort of immune to changes in his ecosystem and just thrive no matter what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he could, Jayalen Wattle can do it all.
Speaker 1: I really do like him, and he is definitely to me, he's definitely the guy he was last year because that's also what he was at Alabama. But I was so impressed with what he did his rookie season as like that number one target getter, you know, the taking those balls in the short area and then doing damage with them as well, like this guy could do it all. So I love Jalen Wattle. I am with both you guys in terms of that. Now, look there's a guy that we're all below ecr On, and it kind of makes me a little queasy. I think mine can be explained away a little bit better just because I am taking Tyreek Hills my four I'm working in that shorter window. So if I get two more years out of guys like Digs and cup and Atoms and stuff like that, is that is in my mindset of wide receivers and really all positions because I work in that shorter window. Right, I trust him myself enough. I watch enough college football and things like that to know I feel like I can rebuild my team after that third fourth season when my guys do start to kind of come back down to earth or age out or that kind of thing. So for me, but we're all below on Garrett Wilson, and I am the lowest. I have him at ten's currently he's easy.
Speaker 2: R is five.
Speaker 1: Alfredo, you have him at seven, Pat you have him at six. So I think the question, the hyperbolic question here, Alfredo, is why do you hate Garrett Wilson so much?
Speaker 2: What did he go to you so?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: You know what, I think that so much of what we look at in this offseason, and it was actually kind of reassuring to see that we're all a little bit lower because it made me feel like, Okay, maybe I'm not that crazy. Is I think there's a lot of that offensive rookie of the year cologne on Garrett Wilson right now when there were a lot of extenuating circumstances that happen, you know, Brees Hall getting hurt and Kenn Walker kind of slowing down towards the end of the season, and Chris Alavi is slowing down at the end of the season. And what worries me the most ut Garrett Wilson going forward is we kind of touched on this earlier with some of these other wide receivers that simply just don't know the identity of this Jets offense. They're going from I don't know what they were last year to now Aaron Rodgers, who has a notoriously slow pace of play. So one they're gonna have less plays, less offensive snaps, a very good defense that could keep the Jets offense slow, and wanted to keep the ball away from some of their division opponents, the Bills and Dolphins with high powered offenses. So they've got this loaded backfield right that has a ton of young guys and Breese Hall. Is he a ban of Canada? They may even add Dalvin Cook. There's a rumor out there, right, and Wilson was great as a rookie, Like, I'm not arguing that or you know his talent at all. He's super talented, and you know, having him one or two spots lower the ECR is not crazy. But there's a split that I'm still curious to see because a lot of people there was a lot made out of how much better Garrett Wilson was with backup quarterbacks instead of Zach Wilson, But there was something else that through those first seven weeks of the season when Breece Hall was active, that offense was very different, and Garrett Wilson scored just ten point two PPR points per game. He was the wide receiver forty six on a points game basis for those first seven weeks, creanted small sample size, different sampling sizes of quarterbacks with Joe Flacco and Zach Wilson for seven games of his career. But I think we're kind of like brushing those things aside because we're like we was offensive Rookie of the Year and that means he's really good.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 4: But I think there needs to be a little bit more context than a little more nuanced there when when kind of looking at Garrett Wilson's long term dynasty value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fitzy, it's hard to see any downside to Garrett Wilson, even with what what al Franio just said, Like we know they're gonna pass more because they have Aaron Rodgers, right, And I think that is really one of probably the biggest piece to me that it has raised his ECRs. Yeah, maybe maybe Aaron Rodgers is only there for a couple of seasons and if they win in the Super Bowl this year, maybe he just walks off, you know what I mean, So it could just be a year or two of this good QB. But I think that is also pushing him way up even in dynasty value, even though Aaron Rodgers is my age, which is not great, you know, for an NFL player, So what is it about Garrett Wilson that put you just slightly below youcr I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I hope it's not the Aaron Rodgers thing that's pushing him up. I hope people like him because he's young and good, because I worry that with Aaron Rodgers there, and this Jets defense is one of the three, four five best defenses in the NFL. We know that, and as Elfredo mentioned, Rogers likes to play slow. I mean, when Rogers and Nathaniel Hackett were together in Green Bay, they were consistently one of the slowest paced offenses in the NFL. So you have got a team that's going to play to slow pace offensively, and it's not going to be involved in a lot of shootouts because their defense is so good. So I don't know what that pass volume is going to look like, or that Rodgers is necessarily going to throw more than the collective Jets QBS did the bizarre amalgam of Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, and Mike White last year. I don't know that they're going to throw that much more in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we'll see, we'll see what happens with the Jets. But Garret Wilson is an interesting one, and look, we all still have him as a wide receiver one. He's great. We're just a little bit below the consensus. And I looked, I don't think that any of us are high manner low man on any player. So in terms of like the actual personal rankings, which which is a good place to be? I feel like, you know, a lot of time you don't want to be high manner or lowman.
Speaker 2: I maybe high.
Speaker 1: Man on Chris Godwin, who I is not in this range, but I have him inside my wide receiver ones. I have Cup, Metcalf and Godwin. Missing from Pat's wide receiver ones are London and Cup and then Alfredo. I know you love this stat so much. I'll just say it again. Twelve for twelve on wide receiver ones. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Boy, it makes me feel dangerous.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see a big update on Alfredo's port after this episode, I feel like, But yeah, I mean, if it's anything you want to say about London a Cup before we move to the wide receiver twos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I do have London and wide receiver one range. Just love that he commanded such an enormous target share his rookie year. Maybe it dips a little with a healthy Pits, but still it's it's Pits in London who are going to dominate targets for the Falcons. And you know, like I know, for now they've got a run heavy offense and a shaky QB situation, but it will not be that way forever more for Drake London, who also came to the league at a very young age. So like, I think he's got a long runway and we've already seen him, you know, start the liftoff process. Very encouraging rookie year for him, and I think it only gets better. Bugs. But you should uh oh, go ahead. I was just gonna invite you to, you know, or Alfredo and I are in lockstep with a lave at wide receiver eight. You've got him a wide receiver sixteen. What are your reservations there?
Speaker 1: Well, you know a little bit of the slowdown from last season, and he's a high a DOC guy. For me, I prefer guys not with so much lower a dot. That's not good. You want the higher a doc guys, right, But I do like a guy that can take a ball short and run with it. And uh you know, I just have a couple guys over him in that capacity. You know, he was six and a dot. We was six in yards per route run, which is one of my favorite stats. And this is why I have Tyreek Hill so high. Tyreek Hill just has he has a tool that is unteachable. His speed is unteachable. You cannot no one's catching up to him in speed. That's why I have him at four, even though he is long in the tooth, a little bit older. He has that unteachable skill. Now, when that unteachable skill goes sometimes there is a rapid decline on those guys. But I think Tyreek is one of those guys that's a little bit different. Uh So I just, you know, not quite my Derek Henry.
Speaker 2: Take.
Speaker 1: I know I'm higher on Derek Henry than everybody else because I think he's just a complete freaking nature and will last longer than most people think and most running backs do because he's enormous. But in terms of OLAVE last year he's twentieth in total points, he was twentieth in average points. That's a wide receiver too, and I have him well four spots ahead of that, and targets he was twentieth. In receptions he was twenty seventh, and yards he was eighteenth, and touchdowns he only had four.
Speaker 2: He was forty second. That should get better.
Speaker 1: But he's also not a contested catch guy, seventy second overall among players with fifty targets in contested catches at thirty three point three percent. So you know, he's a very good wide receiver, but he's not a complete wide receiver. And I feel like we're ranking him as that already. So that's why I'm a little bit lower on Olave. And you know, I don't think i'm low man on him, either, but I am lower. I know I'm in the bottom third of Chris Olave, and I'll stay there. Like, look, obviously he can change that for me next year, but I think it's probably gonna stick to the same. So we'll see what happens there. But are we ready to go to the wide receiver twos? Gentlemen, let's see you all right? Here we go Wide receiver twos. Thirteen is Drake London, fourteen is Cooper Cup fifteen, DK Metcalf sixteen, Davante seventeen, jsn Our first rookie eighteen, Chris Godwin nineteen, DJ Moore twenty, Christian Watson twenty one, Michael Pittman, Jerry Judy twenty two, Deebo twenty three, and another rookie, Jordan Addison finish finishes this range off, and we have the rainbow rank on four players where we have one person above ECR, one person at ECR, and one person below ECR, and that is Metcalf Davante Adams or excuse me three or No. Four Drake London DK Metcalf Davante Adams in DJ more. So let's just start with the first one there fits, and I'll go to you on this one because you are high man on Drake London. You have him as a wide receiver one. You haven't ten, I haven't nineteen. Alfredo has him exactly at ECR. He is one of a rainbow guys here. So what do you think about Drake London? What makes him a wide receiver one in your eyes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll let you guys go with this. But it was his target earning ability, you know, as I just mentioned why he's in my wide receiver one range, and like I love the size and I do think as I noted before, like the situation will not be like this. They're not going to be run heavy with a bad QB situation for the long haul. So like I'm I'm this is definitely a future bet. Like I'm not betting on Drake London to finish in side wide receiver one range for twenty twenty three, but for the future, Like, I love him as a dynasty asset long term, I think he's going to be fabulous.
Speaker 2: Alfred, are your thoughts on London?
Speaker 4: So, I mean, I really like London and I wanted to be able to put him in that wide receiver at one range, and that's kind of why I just put him one spot down. There's it's so much of it lends to what Pat was talking about. It's that ability to command targets. And I know a lot of people are gonna say, oh, Kyle Pitt's gonna come back. That's going to change it. There's a really interesting study that was done by J. J. Zacher Reeson, who's you know, one of my friends. He's been on my show and I love that when I when I heard this from him. So this is where Drake London ranks amongst rookie wide receivers with fifty plus target since twenty eleven third and targets targets per route run second in target share per game only Odell Beckham, rookie Odell Beckham was higher fifth and yards per team pass attempt and that puts him alongside Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, AJ Brown and Odell Beckham Junior. That is pretty elite company to be around when we're talking about three of those guys are essentially in the ECR Top four for Dynasty, and Odell Beckham had injuries derail everything. So yeah, I mean there is just there's so many of those peripheral numbers and metrics that just lend so well to see future success for Drake London. The only thing that worries me is what's that quarterback situation going to be like for the next couple of years and can he still maintain high production regardless of who's under center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my main thing is the offense and how many targets are going to be there for him?
Speaker 2: He should be.
Speaker 1: You know, if you stuck this guy in Kansas City, I mean, good lord, he's top five probably.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: But they not only did they run more than any of the team. Last year, they invested in the number one running back in the draft, so it looks like this is going to be just a run heavy team. So I kind of he he could be the number one, but Kyle Pitts could also be the number one. I also question, like, if Desmond Ridder has like a league average season, are we rolling with Ridder? Because then maybe the Falcons aren't in a position to get one of those good qbs. And is this how how long is London going to have to play with below average QB play behind him? I think is a big question for me as well, which is why I'm lower on London overall, you know, outside of all my window stuff, you know, is that I have legit concerns about this offense moving forward, Alfredo, do you want to talk about either one of the other guys, Demonte Adams or DJ Moore before we move on metcalf Even.
Speaker 4: DJ Moore I think is the interesting one because I feel like that one has the widest range of opinions. We have seen this now happen. It's almost like a blueprint that we're seeing for the NFL and fantasy football in general, where you know, we see Josh Allen get himself Stefan Diggs. Now we see Jalen Hurtz get himself a J. Brown, And now I think we kind of all want to just fit the square peg in the round hole and say, like Justin Field's got DJ Moore, it's gonna happen. And I think we're hoping for it right, like it makes for better football. It would, Man, that would be crazy. If we get a three for three right where we get a quarterback then just dramatically, dramatically improves on just the passing accuracy. A team that sort of changes the full to more of a passing volume, the efficiency would kind of have to be off the charts for DJ Moore. And in the past that's not always what it was. It wasn't touchdowns, it was volume. So I think there's just there's that's gonna be the most interesting one to watch for me. That's why I don't have a super strong opinion on DJ Moore, because these are intangible things that we can't really project. We are hoping that a player takes the leap and that player is Justin Fields.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's too much gray area for DJ Moore for me to rank him a head of ECR here fits and what is your opinion on him? Because for me, it's too many little things stack up. It's the you know, what's this offense look like? Is Justin Field's going to take the next step? How long do we stick with Justin Fields if he doesn't take the next step? So long term, I just kind of find him on shaky ground, I guess would be the way to describe DJ Moore.
Speaker 3: Well, I think Fields is going to take the next step. I'm pretty confident in that. And I don't think the Bears are going to be so rediculously run heavy as they weren't twenty twenty two when they ran like fifty seven percent of the time. And you know, DJ Moore had three straight eleven hundred yard receiving seasons with the Panthers with bad QB play most of that with Sam Darnold, and you know it took Baker Mayfield to actually destroy DJ Moore's production. So yeah, I mean, I think this offense is going to be I know the Bears will be run heavier than average, but I don't think they will be you know, like nineteen fifties NFL run heavy like they were last year. So like Moore is clearly the alpha, and like we know how he wins. He is, he is special after the catch, So like I feel, I feel pretty good about Moore's career going forward. Like I mean, he's still young, and he's already booked three eleven hundred yard seasons, So like, this guy's already done it, and I still think his best season is ahead of him.
Speaker 1: I just hope that the I hope the Bears don't step into this running QB thing like the Ravens did for Lamar where it's just Lamar and Mark Andrews and like nobody else running back. You know, Dobbins was good. I just hope they don't like totally adjust there. But before we move on, before we get through the rest of the wide receiver ranking, let's pivot to a tool that will help you apply those rankings directly to your draft strategy. Have you checked out our mock draft simulator yet, It's a game changer. At Fantasy Pros, we understand that practice makes perfect, especially when it comes to drafting, So head over to fantasypros dot com, slash draft Wizard or download the Draft Wizard app to complete mock drafts.
Speaker 2: In minutes.
Speaker 1: It's fun, it's fast, it's free, and it's the best way to prepare for your draft. Remember that's fantasypros dot Com slash draft wizard. Get it today, all right? Moving on in the wide receiver twos here, let me let me write my battle here for Chris Godwin, right because I have him inside as a wide receiver one. You guys both have him as a lower end wide receiver two. And here's my thing with Chris Godwin. It's the last three previous years. You know, he was injured a little bit. In twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, he was ninth in points per game, fifteenth in total wide receiver one on average. In twenty nineteen he hit his peak. I don't know if he'll hit this again, but second in points per game, second in total and yes these were with much better quarterbacks than Baker Mayfield. And I completely understand that this offense is going to change. This whole team is going to change without the goat there, whether it's Baker or it's Kyle Trask throwing the ball. But this is yet another guy that is you know, he can take those shallow crossers and make something out of him. He is a big, big, create after the catch guy. He's a big yak player. And so to me, you don't rely You're not relying on Tom Brady's pinpoint accuracy throwing deep balls to him all the time. This guy that's going to catch the ball short and go with it. So I think if you're looking for Baker Mayfield to make a throw, there's gonna be a lot of little short dumps or Kyle Trask to Chris Godwin. You know they don't have a great tight end running back situations. Question, but Rashad White could have a lot of those receptions as well. But I just think we've seen Chris Godwin do it in the past. He's moved away from this injury and seems to be getting better. Yes, the quarterback takes a step back, but this is still a guy that is a very very good wide receiver that creates by himself, regardless of the QB situation. And I just I think he's still very very good and has a lot of meat left on the bone there. I know people ain't when I say that, but I love saying it. So Alfredo, your thoughts on Chris Godwin, Man, I like the.
Speaker 4: Player, like I really do. I'm just having a very hard time with Buccaneers players in general because I feel like you can't really project a whole lot, you have to throw out everything almost because it was so manipulated by Tom Brady. That's why I struggle with Rashad White and seeing him get you know, the same sort of receiving share that he was before. Mike Evans has been like kind of trending downward two. So I mean, if there is someone that I think can come out of this offense and still be productive for Fantasy for the next few years, it's Chris Godwin. But man, things could get very, very bad in Tampa really quickly. And I don't think that's hyperbole either. Like we have seen that almost at every single stop now where Baker has been for the last couple of years. It's just gone from bad to worse. And I think we had like a moment we like one game there where he was in the rams, We're like, maybe he stays because he's doing pretty well, and then it's just like it kind of came crashing down pretty quickly. So, man, if we're getting to the point where it's Baker Mayfield and Kyle Trask throughout the entire season. I have a hard time really having a lot of faith in Godwin. And then you have to ask, are they starting over? Are they tearing this down to the studs and having to start with a rookie quarterback. If it's Caleb Williams, then all the arrows start to point a little bit differently. But for now, man, it's just so hard to see him as more than just sort of a low end wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fits your thoughts on on Chris Godwin, because I look, these are are all appropriate takes, and this is what we talk about. You know, everybody wants black and white answers, but there's gray area on every player and that's kind of what were That's where we're at with a lot of these guys where we have the big differences in and Chris Godwin. I agree with Alfredo, it is hard to know what you're gonna get from Tampa Bay. So is that more about it? Is it Chris Godwin's injury history or is it more of the offense that has him as a low end wide receiver? Two for you and you guys are closer to easier than I am. By the way, I think he's eighteen and you guys both have it, and I think he's twenty two, and I yeah, go ahead, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Was just gonna say, I mean, like terrific player. But you know, as I was just talking about with DJ Moore, we saw Baker Mayfield obliterate his numbers, and I worry that the same thing could happen at Godwins, Godwin and Evans. But like it's not entirely the QB situation because I you know, as I mentioned with Drake London, you know, I always like to hope for a brighter future for court wide receivers stock with that QBS or in run heavy offenses if they have youth on their side. Godwin doesn't really have youth on his side. I mean, he's like mid prime to late prime of his career at age twenty seven, you know, and he has had an ACL injury now, so you wonder if that's going to maybe accelerate the age curve for him. And like he's never been a prolific TD scorer, a steady TD scorer up until the last couple of years, but like not in Evans type, where double digit touchdowns are the expectation. So like him a lot, but don't love him enough to put him in wide receiver in one range.
Speaker 2: And I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: I also obviously think my points are fair, but I think that's fair. I think people can have dissenting opinions and still understand where they're coming from. Here, Alfredo, you love JSN, You're high man out of this group on him. ECR seventeen, you have him at fourteen, pats on your heels at sixteen. I'm a little more leary on rookies jumping in having immediate impact. And I'm you know, I'm one spot higher on Addison than I am on JSN. But what is it about JSN that makes him close to a wide receiver one already?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, if we're looking at a rookie that could have an immediate impact, let's take a look at that Seattle Seahawks offense that was so good, and then take a college prospect who had one of the best prospect profiles we've seen in quite some time, and let's just throw him in the middle of that. And I listen, Rookie wide receivers have been getting a lot more valuable as of late. Whether it's been in a redraft or dynasty, and they tend to really start to pick up steam as they get to the back end of the of their first year, their rookie season. We saw that with Garrett Wilson. But a lot of what I like about jsn's Jackson Smith and Jigba's profile is that it kind of goes back to my thoughts on Amna Saint Brown and guys like Keenan Allen, you know, and even Chris Godwin to a certain degree. You know, it's these guys that are good route runners. They last a long time, they're able to get open, they're able to command targets, they're not having to rely on athleticism time and time again, and you know, these strong route runners, it just it kind of puts them in a different conversation when we look at them for Dynasty, because you know, it's you talk about the state the shades of gray, Like, dude, Dynasty rankings is fifty. Like it's all it is. It really is like it's it's it's so it's the like the pinnacle of fantasy. It is the most fantasy of fantasy football because we then start to talk ourselves into things that are happening three, four, five years down the line. But for me, the thing that like that stood out recently when I was looking at this and ranking these players is our very own Matt Waldman over at football guys, who Matt is just it's a legend, right, Uh, Matt's been doing this for a long time. And you know something that he pointed out the Seahawks offensive coordinator Shane Waldron. He was hired from the Rams a couple of years ago and he wanted to bring over that three wide receiver set offense to Seattle. And then what did the Seahawks do? They drafted d Scritch. It didn't work out. He had concussions, injuries, you know, and whatnot. Now they've invested highly in this uber talent, very productive slot wide receiver who make a mistake, that's where he's going to go to the slot. I've already talked that Tyler Lockett's going to move to the outside. That means you are putting and we do this all the time where we compare one player to another veteran, but you're putting JSN in the Cooper Cup role. And even as a rookie, Cooper Cup was a fantasy wide receiver too. In PPR getting ninety four targets with Jared goffunder center, and you know there was Todd Gurley on that team and Sammy Watkins getting eight touchdowns and that offense was still thriving and couple was able to perform. And that's what I see for Jackson Smith and jig By that even in his rookie year, he can be a top twenty four wide receiver. And as Tyler Lockett gets to be a little bit older and as dk Metcalf kind of continues to be that guy that's taking the big plays downfield, JSN becomes that just immediate target hog for this team. And yeah, I just I love the player. I love the landing spot. I think there's a good long term outlook for him.
Speaker 1: I love that comparison of Cooper Cup because we had the same logic from our boy Joe Piece of pa here Fantasy Pros talking about that before, justin Jefferson's great break out with Kevin O'Connell coming over from the UH the Rams to be the head coach of the Vikings and we saw what that did for him. Is anything we missed on Jordan Addison fifty Because you're also high on him.
Speaker 3: On JSN, Jackson Smith and Jigbo. You said, Jordan Addison, it's okay, I'm so excited about Yeah. Nothing nothing to add to all the points Alfredo made except I will say though, like the one thing that could really shake my confidence in JSN would be some sort of soft tissue injury in training camp after you know, he missed most of his last season at Ohio State. UH with a soft tissue injury like that would I would probably drop him like ten spots in my rankings. If he pulled a hamstring in his first week of cap he.
Speaker 1: Would be looking like Treylon Burks last year. Right, Everyone's super hyped on him. You go to Tennessee, could be the number one, and then Mike Rable calling him fat, you know, and saying he's saying he has asthma and all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: That could be an easy de rail man. I understand that.
Speaker 1: For me, it's more about, you know, they drafted Sharbon a two, and are we gonna get this same magic from Gino that we had last year this year? I'm just not really it's Gino I'm not sold on. And if Gino isn't as good, We've seen the Seahawks in the past go super run heavy and be the most run heavy team in the NFL before under Pete Carroll. And they drafted sharbon A. You know, so it's Walker and sharbon A is a one two punch. Lockett is still there. You know, how many three wide receiver sets do they do? I know that's the thought process. But you know, if the run is working, maybe we do that first. So I just everything and I still have him as a wide receiver too. I'm not low low on him. I'm just lower than you guys on Jason. Also, I'm a big DK Metcalf guy, and I think Metcalf hogs those touchdowns. But I mean JSN can get open like nobody's business. We saw that at Ohio State and he is a great player. We'll see if it translates to the NFL before we move on to wide receiver threes. Here If you guys want to win a free year Fantasy Pros Premium, to subscribe to the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and comment below on this video because when you do, you could win a free FRW upgrade to Fantasy Pros Premium. Whether you're looking for custom mock drafts, salary cap tools or in depth analysis of your fantasy performance. Fantasy Pros Premium has the tools to help you win unlock the most powerful fantasy tools in the industry.
Speaker 2: Don't want to wait for the giveaway.
Speaker 1: Sign up today at fantasypros dot com, slash premium and start playing smarter, not harder. All right, gentlemen, let's go to the wide receiver threes here and we start at number twenty five with Brandon Ayuk. We're all above ecr on him. Terry McLaurin is number twenty six, followed up by Treylon Burks, Jahan Dotson, Quintin Johnston at twenty nine, Marquis Brown at thirty, Jamison Williams at thirty one, Deontay Johnson at thirty two, Zay George Pickens, Amari Cooper, and Christian Kirk finish us out thirty three to thirty six, and a couple of interesting ones.
Speaker 2: In this tier.
Speaker 1: We are all above ecr On Ayuk and Jamison Williams. So Alfred A, I'll start with you on these two wide receivers. What is it you like about these guys that we're all above ECR on man.
Speaker 4: I think sometimes you just have to look at a players and just say he's really good at football, and that's it, Like there's no fun stats, there's no like, they're just really good. And Brendan Ayuk, I don't think I'm out of line and saying he's a top five route runner in the NFL. And that's kind of been my theme when talking about good dynasty wide receivers is are they good route runners?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And he can be used from all different parts of the field as target volume seems to be quarterback proof at this point, whether it's Jimmy g or Rock Purdy or you know, anybody, he's being used as a main weapon in that offense. You know, he actually had nine games of seven or more targets last season, and a bunch of those came after the team acquired Christian McCaffrey. So I know there's some you know, overlapping things where maybe Debo wasn't there or George Kittle miss time. And that's the only thing that really has me have has me putting Brandon Ayuke a little bit lower. Right, there's so many weapons on this team and we still don't know who the quarterback is going to be. But if Rock Berdy is there Man. He seems to run that offense really really well for Shanahan. But I honestly don't think it matters who the quarterback is going to be. I actually think I need to go and I need to move Brandon Ayuk a little bit higher. I think I need to put him ahead of Michael Pitman, who I have at wide receiver twenty instead of having a Yuke at twenty three. Because when you look at these like the Dynasty startup drafts Ayuk is going in the fifth round, and considering the talent, considering the situation, like I'd almost rather kind of wait a little bit more and get a guy like a Yuk in the fifth round than having to really spend up on a Garrett Wilson at the one two turn, where you can make a lot of the same arguments one way or the other with these guys, and so I think is a great value there. Who could have just skyrocket And then Jamison Williams, Dude, I thought I was the Jamison guy. Boggs, you are one hundred like you are so much more than me right now on Jamison, and I am shocked. I can't wait to hear about that. But there's just there's a lot of projection that we have to do. There's not a lot that we can go off aside from projecting and his prospect profile. You know, he was my rookie wide receiver one in that rookie class, and I think he was for a lot of college football analysts and draft analysts before he tours ACL lines traded up to go get him. He's highly valued. But he had such limited action. And I steal this from one of my co hosts, so over at football guys, you know, in such limited action. Dave Klugiy tweeted this out. Jamison Williams in his I believe he has three or four touches forty one yard touchdown reception forty yard and a round rushing play sixty six yard touchdown reception called back on a penalty. That's it. He is literally the most efficient player in football history. So yeah, this is a guy that I think, Man, all you can do right now is project But if everything goes well for these two players, the sky is the limit for the two of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll pass it to you, FITZI, and then I'll break down kind of why I like Jamison so much. But Ayuk and Jamison Williams. All three of us above youcr on and look just overall in the wide receivers, because when I put this list together, I went down to seventy five. I didn't just do thirty six for all of us. And there are not many guys that were all above or below consensus on, and these are two of them.
Speaker 2: So what is it about Ayuk and Williams that you like?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I mean I like pretty much everything Alfredo said about Ayuka. I think he is a terrific route runner, and other than that brief period where he landed in Kyle Shanahan's doghouse, he has been productive from the jump in the NFL. And yeah, there is some target competition, kind of an unstable QB situation, but I've just I'm a big believer in the talent and he's still has youth on his side. Jamison. Maybe I'm not quite as head over heels in love with him as you guys, but yeah, like the explosiveness, the big playability. It's just so frustrating that just when we thought we were going to tap into that, he gets the six game gambling suspension. So no issues there, But Boggs, I do want to get into like our biggest disagreements on this tier, which is with a pair of second year guys, and that's Johan Dotson, who you hate for some reason. And no, no, no, even though here's here's a small, fast receiver who's actually shown us something already, like shown us more than Jamison Williams has. And you know, like I can explain my concerns about Pickens, and it's just that he's not a target earner, or at least he hasn't been a target earner yet. I mean like he hasn't. He didn't draw more than eight targets in any game as a rookie, and no more than six targets in any game like after like the early part of the season, week six or something like that, and he doesn't do anything after the catch, Like I'm just worried he really other than like the spectacular contested catch circus catches he's been making, like he does have an acrobatic air to him, no question about that, but man, like we need some some more we can sink our teeth into here box. He's just not getting targets.
Speaker 1: All right, let me let me try to hit all of these here, Okay, number one. Jamison Williams is one of the best wide receivers I've ever watched coming out of college football. He is complete, he is explosive. He doesn't have to touch the ball a million times to have big plays, obviously, as Alfredo pointed out, and I just he is so good and people are so down on him because of his limited production last year, coming off the injury obviously and then the suspension, I think soured people. So I have him, you know, I think in terms of talent, I could put him in that first round. I won't do that because we haven't seen anything yet. So a mid tier wide receiver too, I felt like was pretty good. I was shocked when I saw that he was a wide receiver three and kind of a middle end wide receiver three on ECR.
Speaker 2: I was surprised.
Speaker 1: I thought, we're forgetting about what he did at the college level and playing in the SEC at Alabama against you know, high level SEC teams and corners that are in the NFL. Now, it wasn't like he was doing this in the G five or something, and look good, this isn't Dwayne Skridge. This is a you know, guy that can be DeAndre Hopkins. If he gets his head on straight and recovers from this knee surgery properly, right, like, this is something that Jameson Williams can do. That's why I love him. The second one, by the way, fits, I am closer to ecr on Dotson than you are your eight spots ahead. I'm seven spots below. I still have him as a wide receiver three as well, where he is an ECR and you have him as a wide receiver two. So I don't hate Dotson, you are in love with him, which is more than fine. And by the way, speaking of acrobatic catches, Johan Dotson has one of the best college catches I've ever seen my life life. The one handed one, I believe again Ohio State was just unbelievable. Also great, I mean, just go up and get the ball. You know, everything that you want out of Josh downs this year and the way his profile looks in terms of contestant catches and all that you saw Johan Dotson do at the pro level last year. So I do really like Johan Dottson. I'm concerned about Sam Howe and the fact that they have two big running backs that they want to run all the time, and they've been connected to Kareem Hunt. And this is also Ron rivera old school, you know, smash mouth style coach that loves to run the football first. So that is why I'm a little lower on consensus on Johan Dottson. I do not hate him, fits you love him, which is more than Okay, Look, Pickens Pickens is a tough one because it's about Pickett. To me, Pickens could be a big play like DK Metcalf type of dude. I feel like, if I mean, you'd have to put on weight to be DK Metcalf obviously, but I think that is something he could progress towards in his career. I just don't know, like how long is Matt Canada gonna be the OC here? And if he is the OC in Pittsburgh, he just does not trust Kenny Pickett to throw the ball unless it's Deontay Johnson, who are all a little different on by the way, but I think that Pickens and we've gone around and round about Pickens here, so we don't have to spend more time on it. But I think as the offense opens up, Pickens gets better, he demands more targets because of that. Now the way that they built this team in the offseason, going and get Broderick Jones and you know, Darnolt Washington. Looks like they're gonna run the ball a bunch again under Matt Canada. I just don't think Canada is long for that job. And they'll eventually open it up and Kenny Pickett will gain more trust of the coaching staff things like that. But Alfred, of your thoughts on Pickens, are you in or out on Pickens?
Speaker 4: I'm still in, But I say that kind of like with there's so many of those caveats that you guys mentioned, and I don't think we need to beat a dead horse here, right Like we're all scared of Matt Canada, we're all scared of Kenny Pickett. We're all scared they're just going to run the ball forever man Picketts. When I just look him from a straight talent standpoint, the dude is incredibly talented. Where I think he needs to continue to develop is route running. He needs to get better at that, and that is something that I think that from just like a fantasy angle, like we almost always just decide players cannot get better at things, right, Like these are the stats this is what happened last year. There's no way that changes, right, Like, yeah, actually it can, like they can get better at certain things now. Typically good route runners stay good route runners. Bad route runners stay bad route runners play where wide receivers tend to improve. His hands right, pickets already got to good hands man, He's a good contested catch player. I think that the biggest factor here is going to be can he earned those targets from Kenny Pickett?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And what are Kenny Pickett's tenants he's going to be. I don't think we've still seen what that is. He was running kind of a Mickey Mouse offense last year where it was run out to the right and throw it. So the only wide receiver that's there, run out to the left and throw It's the only wide receiver that's there. And we haven't really seen what the NFL can look like for these guys. So yeah, I'm still in, but I'm not that at it on George Pickens.
Speaker 1: And I completely understand that quickly. Here we are all we are all above ECR on a couple guys down below, these wide receiver threes Keenan Allen Juju and Josh downs h Fitz, I'll start with you on these three. We're all above on those three. They're wildly different. You know, Allen's at the end of his career, Juju's in the middle, and Josh Downs is a rookie. So sell me on I guess out of that group, who do you think he will have the most shares of.
Speaker 3: Probably downs, Like I've never It's funny that I am above consensus on Keenan Allen because I've sort of been resistant to Keenan Allen even though he's like such a great route runner, Like I've never been totally in love with him because he doesn't make a lot of big plays and doesn't score a lot of touchdowns typically, like he is a volume guy, and like earlier in his career, I feel like the volume led to injuries because he was taking a lot of punishment. But you know, I mean, he is one of the best route runners of this generation, no question about it. And like I just wonder, I don't know, maybe now that their offense is going to be a little bit less horizontal and a little more vertical, hopefully with Kellen Moore replacing Joe Lombardi, like we get to see higher level targets for Keenan Allen this year. So I mean, I like, he's not gonna be around that much longer, but I feel like you can ride into the sunset with him pretty well. I'm surprised I'm above ECR on Juju. I guess the thing is, it's like, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, you guys are both like two spots ahead, and I'm like fifteen spots ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta be the mouthpeeth on mouthpee on Juju here bogs because like I'm like, I'm not I'm kind of ambivalent. You know, downtime is the prospect. I like, who's going to be a solid slot receiver, But yeah, talk talk about Juju. You got to be the one to carry the torch here.
Speaker 1: Look, and I might lower Juju because the thing that really is getting to me is Hopkins rumors and the knee thing not being completely healed, which you've just learned about last week, which is shaking my faith in Juju just a little bit. Not being able to recover from another injury. But I mean, I I just think that a lot of the Juju hate is overkill, you know. I feel like, yes, he put up this monster season with Antonio Brown next to him, and he hasn't got back there. Yes, he's not that player. I accept that. I have him as a low end wide receiver three, and he's going to be the number one wide out in New England this year as long as they don't sign Hopkins, he's going to be a one target getter on that team. Yes, don't even start with DeVante Parker.
Speaker 3: Fix they just.
Speaker 1: Find a way to mute you fifties. Don't even start with Devonte Parker with me. So look, yes, they rewarded Parker is a part of their long term plans or whatever. But Juju is going to be the guy. This short easy throws are going to go to him for Mac Jones. We don't trust Mac Jones to throw the ball downfield. So Juju's gonna get those easy catches over in the middle and he's gonna score touchdowns. He's just I don't even think he's great, but I think he's good and he's fine, and he's a one hundred catch guy moving forward.
Speaker 2: That's a wide receiver three. You know.
Speaker 1: I think that that is what we should be looking for for him as long as he's not hurt moving forward. So that's why I'm still in on Juju. I just think the hate has gone a little too far because he's not what we expected when everyone's putting him in the top five after that huge year with Antonio, with Antonio Brown, he let us down, and now it's the over correction which we see from everyone. Yes I'm a Steelers fan, Yes I'm a Homer, but I'm not that big a homer. I've said this a million times. I always love Juju for knocking out perfect like that is, you know, I always love him for that. Uh maybe that is still living in my heart a little bit. So understand that when you're looking at my rankings and roll your eyes at Juju, a move on. But I still do like him. We are all there's one guy that we're all lower on here, and it's Mike Williams. It's the guy on the other side of Keenan Allen so Alfredo. We all hate Mike Williams. Apparently, is this the right take?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't want to ever say that it's the right take to hate a player, so I'm going to rephrase it. I think that we are all fine being a bit below ECR on Mike Williams. The thing for me is it's it's kind of twofold one. It's what have you done for me lately, which has not been much. He's got one finish as a top thirty wide receiver in the last four seasons, even if you adjust for half PPR, which a guy with his skill set should be better at, and he's just he's just not there. I think the addition of Quenton Johnston kind of muddies the waters for him a little bit. Gerald Everett, I think is actually one of the most underrated tight ends in the fantasy landscape right now, especially in Kellen Moore's offense. And you know, we talked about that. You talked about that switch bogs for you know, or maybe it was you Pat talking about how the Charge is gonna be a bit more of a vertical team this year. That still lends itself to a lot of targets for that slot. And Keenan Allen. We saw what it's done for Ceedee Lamb over the years, and Lamb having one hundred and fifty plus targets last year. So I think that this offense is just going to keep lending itself to more Keenan Allen. Now the newly drafted Quentin Johnston and Gerald Everett. Austin Eckler is still gonna be very heavily involved. I just I can't bring myself to ever be like, oh, Mike Williams on the board, let me get some of that. I almost kind of keep him there as a default because he's talented and on a good offense, and if someone gets hurt, then you know you're looking at a guy that can produce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want a guy that's going to be questionable for ten years, ten weeks out of the year, then Mike Williams is your guy. Fitz and I have talked about Mike Williams a bunch, so we don't need to on to that. But Fitz, I'll ask you this and I'll come back to you Alfredo to end it for us. Any other wide receivers that you either want a campaign for you want to warn people about, anyone that we didn't get to before we go, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm lower on Marquise Brown. I just like everyone's going to be excited that he is going to be seemingly the alpha receiver, but it's gonna be in a terrible offense. It's gonna be He's already been super inefficient in his career, like seven point two yards per target or something like one point six some something yards per route run. He's given us one season with more than eight hundred yards in four years. He's smaller, so I think there's a bit more injury risk there, and like it's just gonna be a dumpster fire of an offense. Like I'm not into Marquise Brown at all, So I'm like, I have him on zero Dynasty teams.
Speaker 1: So why Fitz and I are friends? He uses his minute to crap on an Oklahoma player. I love it, Alfredo. Any other wide receiver that you want to, you know, give the used car salesman pitched for.
Speaker 2: Anyone you want to warn anyone about.
Speaker 4: It would have been Jamison Williams man. But we really got into our bag on that one. So I'm going to talk about a guy that I recently looked at on my show talking about guys with crazy upside or scary downside, and for me, it's Christian Watson, who, after looking a bit more into his profile, I'm actually starting to get hired and hire on Christian Watson. I need to move him up a bit, you know, we already know he's an elite level athlete, and there is a legitimate chance that Jordan Love could be better for Watson than Rogers was in twenty twenty two. Rogers really was not that good, and we all know that from Week ten to seventeen, Christian Watson was really good. He was a wide receiver nine in fantasy points per game, targeted on twenty four percent of his routes, and they were valuable targets, right. It was a bit more downfield. He was eleventh and yards per route run at two point twenty six. So it's not just that he was getting targeted, it's not just that he was scoring touchdowns, but he was doing it in a way that was actually a bit more valuable. And when you look at all the other wide receivers that are getting that kind of let's call it, that kind of target share with that sort of route depth, it's all these guys like Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, A. J. Brown, Jalen Wild, Devonte like, it's all the big names in fantasy football, and Christian Watson was number eleven last year on that list. So yeah, I'm still very high on Christian Watson, and I kind of like that you can get him at a discount because everyone is worried about Jordan Love and the rookies that they drafted.
Speaker 2: For me, it's John Metchi.
Speaker 1: John Metchi, I have as my last wide receiver four because they just didn't want to make him a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 1: I'm way higher than most people are on him. He's almost free. You can scoop him up real late. He's the best wide receiver on the Texans right now. I love him. Just got to get obviously over the cancer stuff and it seems like he is good to go, and I'm excited about his potential. So that is it for us on the wide receivers. Did you like these rankings? Do you like how we do?
Speaker 2: Then let us know on Twitter. We appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Remember you can follow us all on Twitter at Bogman Sports, for myself at fits Underscore f f f Fitzi, and Alfredo at the Pretend GM on Twitter from football guys, thank you so much Alfredo for coming on the show and talking some wide receivers with us.
Speaker 4: Kay, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: That is it. We will see you guys next week. Take it easy, everybody.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast, Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros