Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Brook and Jeffrey podcast.
Speaker 2: And did you guys know we have listeners in Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy. Wait, those actually all have super hot men, don't they. Actually, if you're listening from their DM me after this, k after you hear the full shower.
Speaker 1: I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 3: Let's play a quick game of what would you do? Jose You're constantly having to go to the bathroom. Yeah, so this might pertain to you. Let's say you're at Disneyland. You're in the middle of a ride. Okay, the ride gets stuck and nature's a calling. Oh what do you do? Because that's exactly what happened to one woman recently while she was on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. That's good a water ride. Yeah, well, that's good.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of Splash Mountain, parts of Caribbean, Douche in the water and.
Speaker 1: You can go number two.
Speaker 3: It suddenly broke down and if you've never been on that ride, it's mostly in the dark. Yeah, the plus there and she was stuck with the group on one of the boats for over thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, it doesn't matter what it is, if an elevator stops too long, I'm immediately like.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we're trapped and immediately have to peek.
Speaker 3: Like slyly, especially with all the sounds of the rushing water happening all around. And for the first fifteen minutes, everyone had to just sit and listen to the Yoho Yoho Pirate's Life for me lying over and over and over again on the epee. But that wasn't the worst part because employees eventually cut the music, they turned the lights on, but no one was allowed to get off the boats yet, and that's when the woman stood up, pulled down her pants, and ended up going to the bathroom off the side of the boat in full view of everyone.
Speaker 6: Okay, that water splashes on people like, I'm sorry, that.
Speaker 1: Is uncalled for.
Speaker 6: You can't find a cup somewhere that you can't just like down in the boat anything.
Speaker 3: There's so many kids too that reach their hands over the edge and they like flash their faces with wience.
Speaker 1: That woman is disgusting, although it.
Speaker 3: Is the most piratey thing aboard that entire ride is somebody actually go into the water.
Speaker 6: Dude, you just wet yourself and then you go to the gift shop and you buy an overpriced pair of terrible Mickey jeans.
Speaker 7: I disagree.
Speaker 3: I guess say the woman was a total Karen too, who's causing issues at the start of the ride. So it seemed like she was just trying to make a scene on purpose. Like if they're not going to restart this, I'm just gonna let it fly.
Speaker 8: Got it.
Speaker 6: I feel like you should have like an attitude meter before you enter Disney.
Speaker 3: Like you must be this tall to ride, you must be this happy to enter. It was like a Smiley charts.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry you can't.
Speaker 3: So back to Jose and our listeners at seven eight, five nine two. What would you do in that situation? Pee off the side of the boat or go right in your pants?
Speaker 1: Pants' start my pants?
Speaker 5: Then off the side?
Speaker 3: Whaction? What about going to another person's pants? You stay drying. It's an experience for everyone. Let's move on to the shot collar question of the day. We have a bucket full of names. We don't have a bucket full of names today, no buckets. Over to digital Jake to tell us what we're going to be doing.
Speaker 9: Jake, can you smell what the Jake's been cookingmell I.
Speaker 10: Said, can you some med what the jakes cook it?
Speaker 1: I feel like watching too much.
Speaker 9: If you're guessed a special round the room hot potato shot collar, you'd be correct potatoes. Remember in a hot potato shock. Once you get one correct, you're safe. The last person left gets shocked holding Jose's potato. And today your topic is superheroes.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't know anything.
Speaker 9: Over one hundred and thirty thousand people voted on a popular website regarding the most popular comic book crime fighter of all time. Now, of course the top two are super easy. Spider Man was number one and Batman was number two. All you need to tell me are the others that are listed as the next four behind those icons. Okay, now, Alexis, since your favorite superhero is glam Girl, I'm going to let you go first.
Speaker 10: Let's start the panic inducing stressful music.
Speaker 1: Gosh, go, there's the Hulk, there's Oh, I'm just with the name one. Superman.
Speaker 10: Sorry, Superman is number eleven.
Speaker 1: It's his outfit.
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, I'm going to go iron Man.
Speaker 10: Iron Man is number four on the list.
Speaker 3: You got it between three and six.
Speaker 10: Ont Jose Brook, You're.
Speaker 4: Safe because she already said it gave me a good idea.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with Hulk.
Speaker 10: The Hulk is number eight.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey's Anger Issues not popular. Maybe it'll come back, though. I think the most popular Marvel movie that I remember in recent memory featuring Alexis's dream husband, Black Panther.
Speaker 9: Black Panther is on the list at number twelve. Alexis only Brook is safe so.
Speaker 2: Far another superhero another one?
Speaker 3: So he into it?
Speaker 1: Like bed sheets at home? Does he have any superhero?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: What never? Hey think of your brother's bed sheets?
Speaker 1: What about like wonder Woman?
Speaker 10: Wonder Woman on the list at number ten.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I'm going to say the most popular guy in the DC universe also a crush of Alexis and Brook.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with Aquaman.
Speaker 10: Aquaman, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Never gonna I mean, that's just because Jason Momoa is hot.
Speaker 6: It's not because Aquamani, right, Okay.
Speaker 3: I think a key to popularity with superheroes is he's got to be a little bit funny. Humor goes a long way, and that's why I think Ryan Reynolds Deadpool.
Speaker 10: Deadpool is number five.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, I haven't seen any of those movies. Are they good?
Speaker 9: Whoever gets one right here is safe and the other person will get shocked.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I literally can't think of another movie.
Speaker 12: I've even seen.
Speaker 1: The Time Guy, but I feel like he's super lame. But he was in Spider Man, the Doctor Strange.
Speaker 10: Guy, Doctor Strange.
Speaker 1: Not on that to.
Speaker 9: Say, no you need it's a I have individuals on my list, but these are comic book crime fighters.
Speaker 4: Because I wanted to say X men, maybe I'll just go with Cyclops Sydeclops.
Speaker 6: I'm not on the last you guys, I mean, don't you think there could be another woman that is in the top.
Speaker 10: Brooks.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to.
Speaker 1: Brooke, but it just came to be Black Widow.
Speaker 10: Wow is number fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't know about the females.
Speaker 5: I have to say Catwoman.
Speaker 10: Catwoman not on the list. Back to Alexis are there?
Speaker 5: Oh I think I got one. I got in my head. Now there's going to be.
Speaker 10: That guy that's exactly what I.
Speaker 5: Was going to say.
Speaker 10: Is number six, Yeah, Captain America. Captain America was number seven.
Speaker 5: I literally thought of.
Speaker 9: Jose ran out of time, So he's the one that's going to get shocked, just.
Speaker 3: Down just who else was on the list.
Speaker 9: Wolverine was number three, X Men Captain America was number seven, The Flash was number nine, and The Punisher was number thirteen.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I need to give him Tom Jane.
Speaker 1: To go to Jeffrey's house this weekend.
Speaker 3: Jose, looks like you're gonna be getting shocked. And somebody wanted to hear Superman by five for fighting.
Speaker 12: Oh I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Speaker 5: I'm more than some pretty.
Speaker 1: Face beside train.
Speaker 5: And it's not easy to me.
Speaker 3: That used to be a popular song, alexis anymore. That's your shock question of the day.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's easy to lie to your significant other. We've all done it for one reason or another before, whether it's to spare their feelings or to not get yourself in trouble, or just for the thrill of deceit. It's yeah, okay, yeah, you don't even know it well. It's not easy, though, is to keep a big lie going for weeks and weeks without ever breaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. It's so terrible.
Speaker 3: Takes determination, takes skill, and today we have a master on the phone because he's been lying to his girlfriend over the last eight months about something huge Jins. They live together and she still has no idea this has been happening out. But now finally he's ready to come clean and tell the truth.
Speaker 1: Well, we need to learn from him to us, not to.
Speaker 3: Talk to her. To his girlfriend, it's only to us. He's gonna tell us what he refuses.
Speaker 10: To tell her.
Speaker 3: In a brand new edition of The mass Speaker that's coming up at seven ten, you don't.
Speaker 10: Hear me confession. I can't take back earl arms.
Speaker 13: Mouse speak.
Speaker 3: You know in the action movies, when the bad guy holds somebody for ransom, you demand millions of dollars in order to set them free. The key is to use a voice changer during your ransom call with the cops.
Speaker 1: For sure, you have to do that. I want five billion dollars in.
Speaker 6: Paperbag sent by the garbagem.
Speaker 1: Turn out police, Okay, I probably show up to the other way.
Speaker 3: Sorry, get down. We can give you that same thrill of holding someone hostage with this segment called The mass Speaker. One of our listeners is on the line, ready to get something off their chest. He's chosen to go by the alias Rich Rich very creative fake name there. I like it. It's better than poor. You are today's mass speaker.
Speaker 13: Rich.
Speaker 3: Your phone lines being run through our voice changers. So whenever you're ready, tell us your secret confession.
Speaker 13: Are you ready for it?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 1: How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 14: Rich?
Speaker 13: Feeling somewhat guilty, But it's something I've kind of been dealing with for a while and now it's almost like a numb to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's going on.
Speaker 13: Tell us, Well, I lost my job about nine months ago. I'm sorry, man, the way it goes.
Speaker 3: I just have to ask, did you work at this radio station? This is some sort of revenge thing because I know we had to let go a bunch of people. I really hope you're not one of them.
Speaker 1: Too soon is actually I don't know. I'm actually kind of worried.
Speaker 3: To I know, can you confirm or deny that?
Speaker 13: Rich? I can not confirm or deny those allegations.
Speaker 6: You can't confirm more Tony, Okay, let's just continue with the story, and I hope you don't have our address.
Speaker 13: Well, around the same time as I lost that job, I started dating a girl.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, so we went.
Speaker 13: Really fast, me and this girl, and I felt kind of forced to move in together.
Speaker 6: Wait, what do you mean, like from pressure from her or because you were out of work?
Speaker 13: Because I was out of work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well he needed something nice to say. Yeah, did you tell her that you didn't have a job and you needed to move in or something?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 13: She was hoping that it was for you know, romantic intention, not just because times were tough.
Speaker 3: So you lied to her, and that's what you said.
Speaker 13: I acted a little bit more into her than I should have. Okay, but here's my big ultimate confession is she thinks that I have not been working obviously, but I've actually been working for like seven months now.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, hold on, then are you not paying her rent?
Speaker 13: So what I'm doing is literally, she'll go to work, then I'll make sure that my hours coordinate with me sneaking out and getting back before she gets back, and then having to explain to her that I'm, you know, went to an interview or I'm trying to network.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that. Why would you do that?
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't you just tell her you have a job and you don't have to pay rent?
Speaker 3: It his own place.
Speaker 13: I'm saving so much much money.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she's still covering the rent for you even though you have a job.
Speaker 13: That's correct.
Speaker 5: Dude, comes home and it's like, why isn't this place clean? What do you do all day?
Speaker 1: Do you like her? Or do you not like her? I'm really confused.
Speaker 13: I don't love her, but I like her, of course, but I don't love her. And here's the kicker, which probably prompted me to be like some point, I gotta step up to the plate and admit this. But I met this other girl that lives in the same building as us, and she's been pretty flirtatious with me and making a lot of hints. And I'm not saying that I'm going to like move in with her instead, and kind of you're not saying.
Speaker 3: But she does have a corner unit overlooking. Yeah, she has a balcony on hers.
Speaker 5: Wow, dude, you must be hot dog, you must be like Super.
Speaker 6: Said, No, it's just that women just we're putting up with anything that's not true.
Speaker 5: Women don't put up with me, Bro.
Speaker 6: You're finding the wrong one it.
Speaker 3: Wow, have you done anything with this new girl?
Speaker 5: Have you guys had kissed or anything?
Speaker 13: Or we haven't done anything physical, but I've definitely made some jokes and said some things, and I could tell that she's very into it.
Speaker 1: It's still hung up on the fact that you're not paying rent.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's really hard when you used to deposit money and do your account and then it doesn't get sucked out.
Speaker 6: I know if anyone is listening that has it at home boyfriend right now that doesn't have a job, you may need to do some background.
Speaker 1: Yeah, riches with you.
Speaker 5: You're going to be like unemployment and check his references.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell me where you went exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't feel bad about this at all, though, do your rich.
Speaker 13: I'm not a sociopath, but I may have some issues with empathy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can tell on a sociopath that I have no Well, it's a win win for him.
Speaker 4: Neither stays where he's at, doesn't pay rent, moves it with a new girl, doesn't pay rent.
Speaker 6: It just feels icky, rich, It's not going to end well for you. It's like bad karma or something.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe the new girl is his soulmate who's he's meant to end up with.
Speaker 1: I'll have a lot of money to spend on her. Now a good twist, then.
Speaker 3: A good twist, all right, Rich, Well, keep us updated on what you decide to do. Okay, Oh, well, maybe there's some listeners out there that can help you move some boxes into the new place.
Speaker 6: Helping hand because you know he's not paying for movies, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's almost time for your phone tap. And today I call a youth football coach who's concerned about some changes that are being made to the upcoming season. Okay, apparently he's been getting a lot of complaints from concerned parents that the game is just too violent and too dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it makes sense, got to.
Speaker 3: Protect the kiddos. Well, the assistant to the superintendent is stepping in to tell me about the new kid friendly rule changes. Oh. I think he's gonna love it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: No, he actually might kill me. It's your phone tap right after this another on the twenties. Hello, Hi, I'm looking to speak with coach Michael.
Speaker 11: This is coach Who's this?
Speaker 3: My name is mel Lester. I'm the assistant to the superintendent. How are you today?
Speaker 11: I'm doing well.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh I'm doing a okay, Mike, Thanks for asking. I know we haven't spoken before, but you know, since the football season is going to be starting up soon, Superintendent Shaw wanted me to reach out to all the coaches and have a little.
Speaker 11: Chat and chat about what.
Speaker 3: So it turns out some of the parents have been complaining about a few of the things in the game. So we're going to be making a couple of rule changes for the upcoming season.
Speaker 11: So you're just listening to the parents, You're not going to listen to the coaches.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if we didn't hear them out first, then they wouldn't have their kids come out to play. So we kind of had to. I guess, well, I'm glad you understand, coach. But as you know, there's a lot of parents nowadays who think the sport's a little too violent.
Speaker 11: They're not going to stop us from tackling each other.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I mean not yet at least, but just to help with the optics of the sport, we're gonna have to change the term tackle to something else, something a little softer tackle, because you know, it sounds kind of aggressive. So instead, when you're teaching the kids, instead of saying tackle, from now on, you'll need to say happy hug, happy hug. So instead of saying go tackle him, I need you to motivate your players by telling him to hug the stuffing out of that kid.
Speaker 12: Do you know how asinine this sounds?
Speaker 3: I do, trust me, but you know how the parents are now.
Speaker 11: The parents shouldn't be right. I mean the game, this is football, an American tradition.
Speaker 3: Well, it can still be an American tradition. But we're just gonna have a few slight, teens tiny switches to it.
Speaker 13: That's all you're telling me.
Speaker 11: There's more, there's happy hugs, and there's more.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also, the parents are a little worried that the game's too risky from a speed standpoint, So we're not gonna be able to do that anymore. To what run? You know, we can't have the players running.
Speaker 12: As m What do you mean they can't run?
Speaker 3: Well, we just we need to slow it down just a little bit. That's why players in our league are only going to be able to move at a brisk walk.
Speaker 13: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: I'm maybe a skip, but anything faster than that they're gonna get penalized.
Speaker 11: I'm not telling my players to walk briskly or even walk faster.
Speaker 12: That's not football.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. I'm with you, coach. I mean, we're just lucky that the beach ball rule didn't get passed because that was a close one. So what some of the parents were suggesting that we use a beach ball instead of a football? You know, it's a lot less pointy, it's non threatened.
Speaker 12: Hell, hit the hell out of here, well a beatball, coach.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, and we all.
Speaker 12: Agree to get your head out of here.
Speaker 11: I'm at a breaking point with this.
Speaker 13: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 10: Coach?
Speaker 3: I think this kind of talk from you, this aggressive talk, that's what the parents don't like football.
Speaker 12: That's how the game is play.
Speaker 3: Look, coach, I understand that you're upset, but the way you're speaking to me right now, it's bringing back a lot of negative memories from my father.
Speaker 11: So that is not my responsibility. I am a damn football coach. And the day I will ever set foot on the field where.
Speaker 12: Kids are hitting beatballs and they're hugging each other is the day I'm done. You hear me, This conversation is over. You can run it off the superintendent. I don't get a flying.
Speaker 11: What's the damn is so funny and Why are you laughing?
Speaker 13: You think this is some kind of yoke.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's kind of a joke.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't. You're talking about my career son.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 3: The reason why I say it's a joke is because I'm not really calling from the school.
Speaker 11: My name is Where the hell are you calling from?
Speaker 12: I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 11: I got your phone number.
Speaker 3: I have your number two because my name's Jeffrey from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I'm doing a phone tap on you out.
Speaker 12: You're kidding with me, right, I am kidding.
Speaker 3: This is all prank. Your wife, Shelby, said that you were a little worried about coming back to coach. Sorry, she thought it would be really funny to mess with you. She knows you're really passionate about football. When you said, as long as did it with a smile.
Speaker 8: The week, every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's almost time for your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. But first I have to say, okay that we love our listeners.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, for really, I mean I.
Speaker 3: Know I love three of them. In the back alley just last week. Yeah, stop that.
Speaker 6: But you know what, though, I say, good for you, make our show, keep our show number one.
Speaker 3: It's a grassroots move man, I see that. But no, I think we truly believe that one of the coolest parts of doing our jobs here is actually getting the opportunity to help people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, great, even if it's just making them laugh.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I know that maybe working through an awkward conversation might not seem like a big deal to most people, but it is to the listeners who email us and are asking for help.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, they're desperate, they're emailing us.
Speaker 3: That's why I am so incredibly disappointed in us today, because while we honestly tried to help one of our listeners with a hard talk that she needed to have with her boyfriend, we kinda ended it up, making it like a thousand times worse. Yeah, we honestly didn't mean to. No, I don't even know exactly where everything went wrong, but it did.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 3: Maybe you guys can help us figure out why everything backfired. When you hear your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call, I'm gonna go in the bathroom and just keep repeating it. Wasn't my fault, It wasn't my fault, or play it for you right after this, It's awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 8: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: We get emails to our show all the time. I'd say, there's a fair number that are from guys asking how do I get out of the friend zone. Yeah, but today's a little bit different because we actually got an email from a female listener who wants to get into the friend zone and she needs our help. I like her name's Violet. Heylet I just want to say, no, we cannot be just friends. I'm a wild stallion and you know this.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, No.
Speaker 6: No, you're not.
Speaker 3: Okay. I'm maybe you're not actually emailing about me. Who's the guy that you're what's his name?
Speaker 7: His name is Cole Cole, and Cole and I have been like, really really good friends for like ten years.
Speaker 6: I don't understand why it would be so hard to friend zone someone. Then if you've already been friends for ten years.
Speaker 1: I mean, haven't you been in that zone for a very long time?
Speaker 7: Right, So here's the situation. We've been really good friends for ten years, and like we know, we hang out, you know, it's friends all the time.
Speaker 8: Whatever.
Speaker 7: And so one day we're hanging out, he was like, I used to have a crush on you, and I was like, really, you know I used to have a crush on you too.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you returned it.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, Violet, if you wanted to only be friends, that was not the thing to say.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask were you drinking during this conversation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a couple of cocktails.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: You guys ended up making out, didn't you not that night?
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 7: Eventually we did.
Speaker 3: Son.
Speaker 7: So we're hanging out, so we talk about how we felt about one another at one point, and so eventually we was like, you know what, let's date. So we started dating, you know, and it's cool or whatever, YadA YadA.
Speaker 3: But it sounds like a cool date, YadA YadA.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 7: Right, So, even though we were really good friends, you know, I didn't want to go too quick. So I just kind of wanted to make it, like, you know, a casual thing.
Speaker 1: This sounds like dating out of convenience.
Speaker 7: Maybe it was, but now, you know, I think he's more into it than I am, and I'm like, I really think that we should just be friends and it's like, I just need y'all help with trying to tell him.
Speaker 3: So how long were the two of you technically dating for?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, so you were in a full relationship then it wasn't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: I mean enough to say.
Speaker 6: You were official and enough to know that you have to have a breakup talk with it. Yeah, I actually have hope for you as someone pre marriage that dated everyone of my guy friends. I mean, really, we'll just slep with them. I don't know which. I've maintained many relationship after that.
Speaker 5: I'm the opposite. I'm not friends with one of my exes. It's like okay, but it's like you're done. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: But it's like when you have such a solid foundation of friendship to start with, and then you're like, oh, maybe it's easy to get those feelings confused, like oh maybe there could be more.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's really really into you right now.
Speaker 7: I really think he is. Okay, And you know, I thought I was like, Okay, you know, maybe I could marry my best friend possibly, but.
Speaker 2: No one person still likes the other. If you can be friends into it.
Speaker 6: And if you you know, you're like in that type of like like marry my best friend type of Like that's a whole other level totally.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is like when you have a brand new toy. It looks really cool in the box, and then you take it out of the box and you're like, oh no, I don't like it anymore and I never should have taken it out of the box.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: So you want to put him back into the friend zone.
Speaker 7: I want to put him back in the box. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh man, that ship may have sailed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I really really do not want to hurt his feeling. The main thing for me, because you gotta remember we've been friends for ten years. Like, I don't want to you know, he didn't do anything wrong. He's just not the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when you do this.
Speaker 5: Girls do to me all the time. You say you're too good for.
Speaker 3: You're a Miley.
Speaker 10: I can't.
Speaker 1: It's a good friend.
Speaker 2: He should understand.
Speaker 3: Okay, it sounds like we have a lot of advice, but let's save it because we have to play a song. Then we'll come back and we're gonna call Coal for you, and we're going to try and put Coal back in the friend box.
Speaker 7: All right, Violet Okay, guys, I really appreciate because I really need to help.
Speaker 3: Way all right, hold on if you're just tuning in. One of our listeners, Violet needs our help today because she recently started dating one of her close guy friends and after a few months, she realized she wants to put him back in the friend zone.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's like.
Speaker 3: Back to the future but sad. Yeah, I'm kidding, but Violet says she really wants to stay friends with her best bud Cole, and she's worried that he's not going to take this very well. But the good thing is, I know Brooke has a lot of personal experience hooking up with her close guy friends.
Speaker 1: This is true.
Speaker 3: She won't stop talking about it. Actually, So Brooke, why don't you tell Violet, how did you go back to being friends after they rejected you?
Speaker 6: Well, that's the problem is that they usually did reject.
Speaker 1: I was the one that just hung around. I'm still you know.
Speaker 6: I always say be honest in these segments, and and that's true to a point here. But maybe you can do like the I'm not ready for a relationship.
Speaker 3: So be honest. But lie, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, only pick the good stuff out of the honesty, pick and choose your honesty, is what I mean. Like, you're on a different trajectory than he is, and you know that it could end badly for you, so you want to end it before it gets to the bad point.
Speaker 3: Violet, how does that sound.
Speaker 7: Sounds good to me? I'm gonna try something because I don't want to hurt him, I know.
Speaker 1: And that's a good thing. Like, you're coming from a good space, so he's going to be.
Speaker 6: Hurt in the moment, but hopefully he'll be able to like work through those motions a friend he is, and then come back to you.
Speaker 3: I'm coming from a good space, and I want to put you into a bad space, but in a nice way.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe set him up with a friend, another friend that you guys have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I think that's literally all the advice that we have. So I'm just gonna dial his number if you're ready.
Speaker 7: Oh, I hope I can do this, all right, guys, go ahead call him?
Speaker 1: Oh I can do it. You got this, Violet.
Speaker 3: Here we go down the number right now.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hey, it's me Nor what's up. You're coming up on a different number?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just alfaman, there's a number. How you doing today.
Speaker 13: Not bad. That's to go meet Corey up to the gym.
Speaker 7: So okay, yeah, I had to skip this morning. You know, I wasn't selling my best. But you know, I'll pick it back up tomorrow.
Speaker 13: I mean, honestly, you could afford to skip a couple of days at the gym. You look you look good.
Speaker 7: Oh that's so sweet, thanks babe. But yeah, so I don't know if there's a good time for you. But I I really need to talk to you about something.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, I got a few minutes and not pick me up until a little bit later.
Speaker 7: Okay. So I've been thinking I've been thinking a lot about us lately.
Speaker 13: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 7: Actually, okay, yeah, and.
Speaker 13: You know what, did I just say I love you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 13: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 14: I mean I probably should have said it like a month ago. I've been thinking about it so much, and you know, so I don't know I had to say it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Oh okay, I mean maybe we should hold off on you know that I love you until I say what I need to say. Maybe.
Speaker 13: I mean, yeah, I know, I'm sorry. It's just how i've been feeling.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, do you really feel that way?
Speaker 13: I think I've.
Speaker 14: Always kind of felt that way, you know, and I regretted not telling you about it before, you know, like that the night I met you, when we got drunk together at that piano bar, I remember looking into your eyes and thinking, geez, why do I feel different about this person than any other person in the world.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 13: Wow, it's just you.
Speaker 7: No, Oh my god, I don't know what to say. I really don't. I really don't know what to say.
Speaker 13: I don't want to make you uncomfortable. But you're just like the most important person.
Speaker 14: In my life right now and always really, and I just can't help it. I love you, and I smile every time I think about you.
Speaker 7: Oh, guys, guys, I need help here.
Speaker 13: Who are you?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 3: My god?
Speaker 10: Wait, hold on, hey, Cole.
Speaker 13: Who is this? Who are you?
Speaker 3: We're the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: I'm so uncomfortable right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, radio, So you heard all of that that I was saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are a good guy, Cole. We've been on the phone and sorry. We didn't expect that.
Speaker 3: Either.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I didn't either. This is embarrassing as all. Help.
Speaker 3: No, don't don't feel embarrassed. We're doing something called an awkward Tuesday phone call. That's where if one of our listeners needs help telling somebody something, will help them do that on our show.
Speaker 1: It right, Jeffrey, I don't know you do this? Are we help all done?
Speaker 13: Well? Then, what did you need help telling me?
Speaker 7: I really don't know what to say right now? Cole, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, well I'm.
Speaker 7: Not sure if this is a good time.
Speaker 3: So you know what she wanted. She wanted to ask you if you were up for doing a weekend trip together and surprise you with it on the radio because she likes you so much.
Speaker 1: You guys need a break, because she values your friendship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she just wanted it to be a big surprise.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, Violet, Yeah surprise.
Speaker 13: Why are you to tell me that that's amazing and you set this all off to the radio station to do this.
Speaker 5: He's romantic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that violent?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just really appreciate you in my life. I guess.
Speaker 13: God, I feel so dumb. I thought like, when I said I love you and you didn't.
Speaker 14: Say it back, I thought like, uh oh, something bands could happen.
Speaker 13: But this is awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, she just likes to keep you in suspense for the big surprise.
Speaker 6: I do think that that was a little much so cold. Maybe we could walk that back a couple of steps.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's like my best friend too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more than you know, probably, But okay, I mean at this point, I'm not sure what else to do.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm definitely up for it.
Speaker 1: So okay, wow, we're looking for silent. How are you feeling?
Speaker 7: Oh, awkward, I feel will be awkward image.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll let Cole go because it sounds like you have some working out to do, so we'll let you get to that.
Speaker 5: Cole.
Speaker 3: Sorry to take up too much time in your day.
Speaker 13: Huh, this is great, and I get a freak trip out of it. This is awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're not paying for a trip. She wanted to surprise you at the trip. Perfect, all right, well, great, all right, have a good day, Cole.
Speaker 14: All right, Violet, Well, I'll text you when I'm done at the gym and we'll talk then.
Speaker 13: Okay, And I meant that I do love you, so uh yeah, we'll talk later.
Speaker 8: I love you.
Speaker 13: Okay, awesome, Well, I'll see I got a run bye.
Speaker 7: I mean I don't have him as.
Speaker 8: A friend.
Speaker 1: Yourself.
Speaker 3: That's not how he said it to you.
Speaker 1: You're making this messy?
Speaker 3: How did we make this worse? At the start of the call, you wanted to break up with him. By the end of it, we're planning a weekend get away and you're saying, I love you?
Speaker 10: What happened?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: Guys, can you call him a galers?
Speaker 12: Do it over?
Speaker 3: We only get one shot at these.
Speaker 1: If we called him the way this first one, you would be having babies.
Speaker 3: Or we call him just kidding. Everybody say, well, now, what are you gonna do? Violet? Are you going to break up with him?
Speaker 7: I mean, are you really giving us a trip?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I was just trying to help you because you were lost in that moment.
Speaker 7: You know what to say.
Speaker 1: You got to break up with them, Violet.
Speaker 13: Yeaheah, Like we.
Speaker 3: Can't give you a trip, Maybe we can give you a gift card to PF chains for twenty bucks and you can jump them there. It sounds like the right environment.
Speaker 7: A lot of what the hell can I do with chains for twenty dollars?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 3: Just do it. After the appetizer.
Speaker 1: You need to put your big girl pants on and just make this happen.
Speaker 7: Thanks for trying. I'll figure something out.
Speaker 1: Let us know how it goes, yeah, or send us the wedding invitation.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 8: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Do I my Grandma's earring? Or do I pull her hair? What do I saw my Mickey mouse onesie or my Elma one?
Speaker 1: Why are you asking?
Speaker 3: Do I prefer Mommy's right breast or her left? These are the questions babies need to answer on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: You might get her all about that.
Speaker 3: Right For the people on this show, our thinking power really hasn't developed much from that point. I mean I barely mentioned boobs. Jose is still smiling about it and distracted.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely thinking about it.
Speaker 3: To look down, don't look We have to dumb it down even further. Apparently, give you even simpler choices. Won't we do a brand new care or don't care?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 10: Distract?
Speaker 3: Coming up at a ten, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and it's the segment that asks you waffles or pan cakes, pork bacon or turkey bacon.
Speaker 11: I like more.
Speaker 5: Actually they're both really good.
Speaker 3: Macaroni salad or man salad.
Speaker 5: Macaroni can I.
Speaker 1: Have macaroni salad?
Speaker 10: A lot of tough calls to.
Speaker 3: Make, especially for my co host when I ask care or don't care? That's this segment where I read a buzzworthy headline to my co hosts and see if they want to hear about it or not. We'll get right into your first headline.
Speaker 1: Feel like we're warmed up. Let's go.
Speaker 3: A husband and wife team just gamed the system and now they're stinking rich. Will tell you how cared don't care? Oh yeah, I am?
Speaker 1: I need a plan b I care.
Speaker 3: There's a thirty year old woman from Wicomico, Maryland, and her name is Sarah Arbuckle. In her small town of Mardella Springs, she suddenly became very very famous. About four years ago. Her and her husband developed a system for playing scratch lottery games and through through a spreadsheet, they figure out which scratch games have been on sale for a long long time but still have a lot of big prizes left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually there's an half.
Speaker 4: I look it up and you can see how many of the actual bonuses that they've been hit.
Speaker 1: Oh really, you can tell if like maybe ones due.
Speaker 4: Exactly, It'll be like out of all the two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bonuses.
Speaker 5: One of the five have been hit, so you know there's four out theres exactly.
Speaker 3: So when they zero in on something, she drives around to different locations and collects for that particular game just as many as she can get.
Speaker 5: Oh wow lot.
Speaker 3: Within a few months of using their system, they hit it big with a one hundred thousand dollars winner.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: A year later, another one hundred thousand dollars winner.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: So like the first time you think, oh man, are we just lucky? Are we wasting our time? But then the second time you're.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah something.
Speaker 3: A year and a half after that second time, another two hundred and fifty thousand dollars inner.
Speaker 5: Well, so you just don't have to work anymore.
Speaker 1: It's the full time watching.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: After that one, she called her husban been and said five words, honey, we did it again. Another two hundred and fifty thousand winner. She said, this is as crazy as it was all the other times. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: So she's still saying she's excited when she scratches it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Every time is like the first time, Oh I bet okay, come on, and they're using all the money for their kids' college funds.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, yeah, that's if they're going to private schools.
Speaker 3: Let's if you guys care about this one, the hilarious cringe moment that happened to a famous rock band live in Common Oh yeah, care, don't care. It's not uncommon for musicians to forget what city they're playing in, oh for sure. Like have you ever seen the movie Spinal Tap. There's this famous line in it where the guy shouts hello, Cleveldady, Yeah, and they are not in Cleveland. It's less common for musicians to get their countries mixed up, though, but unfortunately that's what happened on a recent Kiss concert tour when they were they were in Vienna, Austria, no stop it, and at the end of the show a message went up on the big screen saying, Kiss loves you Austria. Okay, I don't know why I did a British accent. They're an American. I just pretend I said that American. And inside the Kiss logo there's supposed to be the image of an Austrian flag, but somebody got the countryes mixed up and put the image of the Australian flag.
Speaker 1: And anybody left at the end of a Kiss concert. They're also old. They go to bed.
Speaker 5: Concert starts at three pm.
Speaker 3: So it made a lot of people very upset.
Speaker 1: Yeahut it, but.
Speaker 3: They got them confused. So Kiss has since apologized and blamed it on a road he named Ben. Screw you, Ben, But by the way, would you like an internship on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, because there's plenty of people on this show with worse track records than that.
Speaker 5: Apology was like, we're sorry, amster.
Speaker 3: Let's go to your next headline. The latest ice cream trend that has everybody going, don't care pole for No, I love that one. A pole for National ice Cream Monk just came out and found eating ice cream is one of the top summer traditions from childhood we still do as adults, along with long days at the pool, riding bicycles and water balloon fights.
Speaker 5: We all have the same child because I completely agree.
Speaker 3: But the ice cream question they also ask that's raising eyebrows is what's the weirdest topping you ever tried on your ice cream?
Speaker 1: This is going to be weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, gummy worms, I don't know.
Speaker 11: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: My daughter puts the sour gummy worms on chocolate ice cream and like the thought of it.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, that is nothing compared to this list. Here's the top ones. Chopped onions, noy caramelized, I mean, but on.
Speaker 1: A salted caramel ice cream.
Speaker 3: There you go. Chicken on your ice cream. Fried chicken might be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah I could. I could do it.
Speaker 3: Avocado the list.
Speaker 1: I put that in my smoothies and it's delicious. That's a lot different than ice cream.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't know what I'm put in my smoothieskaw.
Speaker 3: About topping your I skin with a dash of garlic powder?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I heard that Balsamic vinegar on vanilla ice cream is supposed to be unbelievably good.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, that's not on the list, But coffee grounds is.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can get behind this. I love coffee ice.
Speaker 3: Cream to keep you awake while you're eating. Shaved beets made the list because they're healthy. You need something to balance out with nutrition sugar.
Speaker 5: Summer.
Speaker 3: Also green beans and squid ink what that's like? Balsamic actually Asian balsamic?
Speaker 4: I bet I bet in Japan that would be really big. They love squitting stuff out there.
Speaker 3: Some people said, a dollop of mayonnaise on their ice it's just extra creamy, Oh my gosh. And finally, the weirdest topping that someone ever put on the ice cream. Someone says, squirt some ketchup on there.
Speaker 1: Just ruined summer, Jeff, how about.
Speaker 3: Topping your ice cream with Jeff's joke.
Speaker 8: Of the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, that goes down nice, delicious. What do you call a man with no shins? Tony? That was I don't care top your ice cream with it?
Speaker 8: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning, broke, you're going for.
Speaker 3: Twenty three wins in a row today, And how sympathetic are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 1: I was looking real hard inside me. I couldn't find it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, it's not good news because you're playing somebody who last time they were on lost so bad to you. They've tried to block the memory out forever.
Speaker 1: We're going to bring it up again right now.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe that wasn't the smartest.
Speaker 1: You're a sympathetic person, but.
Speaker 3: Let's welcome back Dan from ELMA. What's up?
Speaker 13: Dan? How y'all do it?
Speaker 1: But we're good?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 13: Dan?
Speaker 5: Is that the first time you laughed in years?
Speaker 8: Or what.
Speaker 5: To hear you smile again?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, we want to get you a good memory. Yes, we do, well, some of us do. The good people in this room do. We're sending the bad one out of the studio and all that happens. Dan, you know the game's played thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you do have to beat broke out right to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 13: It might be a lot of passing, but I'm ready?
Speaker 3: All right, I believe in you.
Speaker 13: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Today's National Bagpipe Day. What instrument family is it in? Or link is the main character? And what iconic video game franchise?
Speaker 13: Oh, my Son's gonna kill me?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: What state has shoreline on both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico?
Speaker 7: Repeat?
Speaker 13: Repeat?
Speaker 3: What state has shoreline on both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico? Ulda, Oh, Dan, we're going to bring Brooke back into the studio.
Speaker 10: Classic.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know about redemption today. We'll see, but I did.
Speaker 13: He did ask me, what's something interesting in the show?
Speaker 5: Doesn't know about me.
Speaker 11: Maybe I'll just lean on that it is actually do announcing for a high school and seeing the national anthem every once in all when they need you to.
Speaker 13: So they're been interesting.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Okay, you do have a talent that promised me to say instead of O, say every time?
Speaker 13: Oh, because I got it.
Speaker 6: Every time I hear someone talk about singing a national anthem at a high school, I get.
Speaker 3: Like you get traumatic PTSD flashbacks.
Speaker 1: I did it once and it was it went really bad.
Speaker 11: It was bad.
Speaker 3: Your turn, you're ready? Ready? Your time starts now. Today's National Bagpipe Day. What instrument family is it in? Wind link? Is the main character in what iconic video game franchise helda What state has shoreline on both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico Florida. You would see a person wearing a hat called a toke blanc in which profession.
Speaker 1: Uh, cooking chef?
Speaker 3: What position does Tyler Lockett play.
Speaker 1: For the Seahawks receiver wide receiver?
Speaker 3: How many points do you score for an official bullseye in darts? All right, I got those answers. Let's go to the scoreboard and see how you guys did with Jose.
Speaker 10: Drink before the show.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they're gonna play, so that kind of yeah, all right, Dan, you guys zero my god, he said he was gonna pass.
Speaker 5: Didn't pass a lot of time on the question.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brooke, you already know you on and you got four let's.
Speaker 1: Say oh no, let's yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's go over the answers here. Today's National Bagpipe Day. Bagpipes are part of the Woodwind family.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Link is the main character in the video game Zelda. He's the guy with the shield on the sword.
Speaker 5: Which Dan figured out after the game ended.
Speaker 3: So we couldn't give you credit for that.
Speaker 13: Dan.
Speaker 3: There's shoreline on the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. If you're in Florida. The profession that wears a toke blanc for their hat is a chef. That's the tall chef's hat. Tyler Lockett plays wide receiver for the Seahawks and an official bulls eye in darts is worth twenty five five points.
Speaker 1: I always give myself fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just slaughtering everyone.
Speaker 10: That vision is fairy.
Speaker 9: That's true.
Speaker 3: So Dan, thank you so much for playing. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks, same time tomorrow, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,