Speaker 1: Wait wait like a white guy.
Speaker 2: You guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk to yall.
Speaker 3: Heatless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show, like.
Speaker 4: From the Black Mothership in New York City.
Speaker 1: It's DJ ymb and Charlamagne to God. It's different.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about. Thanks you y'all be Black five.
Speaker 6: I love y'all.
Speaker 7: Collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff and it's just gonna get you.
Speaker 7: Everybody.
Speaker 4: It's from New Day.
Speaker 1: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: Way yup, whether you're mad or.
Speaker 7: Black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 8: Call up now eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello this Hey, this is Latasa Nay Natasha from North Carolina, from.
Speaker 7: North Carolina corner for you. Yes, ma'am, what you have a Russia show the.
Speaker 9: North Carolina You know what.
Speaker 8: We were supposed to actually bring it to North Carolina this year, but said South Carolina, We're gonna do it now. It's gonna do North or South. We're gonna actually do it with North, and we had the baby's cars.
Speaker 4: It was gonna be dope.
Speaker 8: But you know, actually what happened is the date we were gonna do it, uh p r E, which is Doll's company, reached out and wanted to do something special for Dolf, So we did it in Memphis.
Speaker 7: But we're definitely gonna hit up either South or North Carolina. I would love to.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's it's such a called culture. I think it would be great for the city.
Speaker 7: So we're working on it.
Speaker 10: Mama, can I my friends a couple.
Speaker 4: Of shout outs.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna get my friends to shout out thank you to seeing me positive vibes every morning.
Speaker 7: I love you, girl, you have a good morning about Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this? Hello? Hey?
Speaker 11: What up?
Speaker 7: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 9: Bro, that's gonna say I love you, Love you guys, and that's I love you.
Speaker 1: Oh O, g Rob call this morning. Oh You're gonna need They're gonna want to be you.
Speaker 4: Hell if he goes good.
Speaker 11: Morning, listen being again from Detroit?
Speaker 4: What up though? Being?
Speaker 12: What up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Right? Hey, I just want to take a shout out to all the silver dads out here making to do what to do? Never dance for us.
Speaker 4: Man, ain't no such thing as no single dad.
Speaker 11: Man, you crazy man, I'm out here making it do what to do?
Speaker 4: Man, praise for something? Women? Do you dead? Get your ass off this phone.
Speaker 7: Damn it.
Speaker 9: Man, Man, I got two things back to back.
Speaker 11: I'm dealing with Friday, my boy turns four, and Shaturday.
Speaker 9: My other ones turns fourteen.
Speaker 11: I'm doing it by myself.
Speaker 13: What to do?
Speaker 4: What a mama went?
Speaker 11: Oh, they are talking about they don't get enough money on that day. So I'm okay.
Speaker 14: All right, congratulations on being a regular dad and great, great, great news.
Speaker 4: Man, you don't get no congratulations.
Speaker 11: Because everybody ain't. Though everybody ain't.
Speaker 1: You're right, you can't give nobody no propers with the supposed No, I don't give me.
Speaker 4: You perhaps with what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 14: You spost, take care of your kids, get your trump. Talking about single dance. That was the most he got to different every week is hell?
Speaker 4: That made me. Man, tell me I'm a single dad. Get a girlfriend? Then hello, who's this just there?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: Darren?
Speaker 7: Get up your chest there, Hey.
Speaker 15: Man, I gotta get this off my chest for the last two years. I've been looking at Charlotte kyn and you let me you.
Speaker 11: But Charlotte Mayne is like he's talking Trump.
Speaker 9: But he's acting like he's not on the radio. Wow, he's pro Trump.
Speaker 15: Because you're always saying what Biday's gonna do, what Biden ain't did?
Speaker 9: But when Trump was president, what.
Speaker 11: Did he do for black people?
Speaker 1: Not a damn thing?
Speaker 14: What did?
Speaker 16: What is he ain't fit.
Speaker 4: Keep? Not?
Speaker 2: Biden's in office? Though, my brother, like, you gotta you gotta criticuee.
Speaker 7: If you have a problem somebody, you gotta be able to say when you say it, be like, oh.
Speaker 2: You get why can't we critique the people in shaw Jean? How come if we could take the people in charge, you either pro one or or against one. I don't understand that logic, man.
Speaker 9: But Trump was president. Trump didn't do nothing but black people. Y'all don't never say that. Y'all would say what finding ain't doing? And y'all no fighter tries to do it. Republicans stopped it.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 1: Don't do something black?
Speaker 4: Do you know? Do you know?
Speaker 2: Do you know that there's nobody who's gotten donkey of today more in the history of Donkey of to Day than Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: You know, Donald Trump got his own Donkey to Day intro?
Speaker 4: Are he quiet? He gonna be quiet?
Speaker 7: Now he's on to get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, hit it up now.
Speaker 8: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Hello, this d J shot Man the Guard one morning og.
Speaker 4: He got a challenge in here for you.
Speaker 13: Is in here?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 7: Call those Miller naive you know. O. G Robbins our resident New York rapper.
Speaker 1: He calls every Friday.
Speaker 8: He always gives us some boss charlamage, and myself we usually battle him.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But but but you and Chico Bean have of y'all. Y'all, y'all, y'all bought the old street flow back to the new school.
Speaker 4: Okay, O, g Rob go on challenge, let's go O g okay check it out.
Speaker 9: I said, yeah, they lack and postal enough in the thing spot. Let me show them how. That's more billy feeling like Jack pop making moons, embracing the coll tree. Let the lemperd speak to you all week, stuck on with peat stalk on each omper speed. I keep it lower from the metals product my foundation, no time wasting and body bags of crean nation. I'm holding court will spelled from my own g I respect the drunk, but whip poppers where supposed to be locked in nate steaming without my back ends the too tough for meessa and so white or whites of the law suit test and wait better. They bossed the low average as a nerve pretender how to pa brass Just Clifton scramble and I'm bossed handed, never beat defender.
Speaker 11: Still I'm gonna drop them.
Speaker 9: They return to center. The cool winners turn the hot summers, bringing them poor bearers.
Speaker 4: And it's gonna be easy to be easy.
Speaker 1: Look a little nerve.
Speaker 14: No man man to that man, Well, yes, this turn, it's gonna sell yourself down.
Speaker 4: South, brother, but I always pack heat.
Speaker 14: He's here, And you never seen like a clean New York street, creep in and out like the rats used to run up on your block, and nobody said they knew you.
Speaker 7: Nobody O g Rob you ain't really no o G.
Speaker 18: You just an old dude acting like the old mean mom with DJ nything because all.
Speaker 14: The DJ's envy when he hanging with Charlamagne. Used to be three people on the show, the good one and let to do They things.
Speaker 17: Wrong.
Speaker 1: Hang up the phone right now, hang on.
Speaker 9: Wrong now Now, I ain't going out.
Speaker 12: Like don.
Speaker 1: He dropped the mic and walked off. Oh g Rosie, give him some more.
Speaker 9: He dropped the bike. If you can't, you can't drop the bike over in one round, brother.
Speaker 1: You want another round?
Speaker 7: Loads going out like that?
Speaker 9: Listen they said, they said, stay strapped for Liverpool warfare. The underplayer prepared me with some steps. What happened from here?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: That whos a few cauntterfits penny pinchers looking like damads, Lord Thomas keeping through your we're slow, the slow timeless?
Speaker 12: What you think?
Speaker 9: This is a couple of words just being put together and some halfways bumble schemes, pulling under pressure whatever that's not out. I'm not there s face shout, so your block and keep them box in my clent pain running marking and budget smiling. Now a line, I'm bouncing and swerving like whipstolen this just take your place here in the forecast. Can't make it out but that he was moving fast. Take the right way out left or little hot saw. She'll know me more for five mics and the chore call me throw back. Shorty's been at Eve. But y'all, y'all don't like the nickel bag from Marci Your Deep, the par metal.
Speaker 12: Your You asked what.
Speaker 14: You asked for it, I said, don't ask me no questions because I'm a problem solved. We pull up with two Chinese girls and two revolved real cool dude wrapping the at l got a whole lot of stuff in my pocket, most of is for sale.
Speaker 4: Don't ask me nothing because I don't like questions.
Speaker 14: You gotta write down all your comments and then text me to suggestion.
Speaker 4: When you see me out rolling. Just know that the block is probably hot.
Speaker 14: I don't know nothing about who got beat up, and I don't know nothing about them folks that got no snitching exactly the breakfast club, and we ain't even got no breakfast. We used to rock heavy ice, big chains, and I ain't even gotten no neck.
Speaker 1: Bars.
Speaker 7: All right, there, you know, love.
Speaker 1: Talking.
Speaker 4: One of the clues bombs.
Speaker 8: Rock car Little Miller red all right, Jesus, I shout you rock, get your chest eight hundrenk five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 7: If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: This boyfriend a long time boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I mean, I got like a couple of kids now, you know, Like why y'all want to know about my couchie sre be.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 7: Where the name came from. If she said came from, I can tell her. You sayd where charlomagn came from?
Speaker 2: You can tell her if I said Charlamagne with the good Bunkie's Bookyunky is.
Speaker 1: Don't talk here line and you say bunky chalking like yeah, okay, And I love that for you see nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: I just feel like if we would get to my name, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, I'm a fruitful queen.
Speaker 5: Since we still got this voice.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this. Not too long ago, you said you didn't want you did not want to be gettle no more. You wanted to be you know, classier. I guess you know where did that stem from? Did that stem from what commentators or you know, spectators Definitely didn't spend from like commentators or spectators or the popcorn crew, gotcha. Honestly, I'm just growing as a woman. I am growing, you know, and I feel like it's just because I came from the hood. Don't mean that I forever I have to be, you know, ghetto. Ain't nothing wrong with being ghetto. You know, I thought i'd seen an interview.
Speaker 7: You said you want to you would fart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will far off.
Speaker 5: I said that. Yes, you think that's ghetto.
Speaker 2: I used to say that all the time back in the day. That was one thing I used to say. You know, you sucker for out of girls, and that's.
Speaker 5: Why I don't think that's a sign of love and respect. Yeah, I don't think that's good. I just think that's disgusting. Yeah, it's just neat.
Speaker 3: I never said I didn't want to be nastynmore so I don't. But if a man was to sucker for off my ass.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let them.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 5: Let's get it now.
Speaker 3: You also said since he bought it up, and only him he bought it up, that she would like to be on as well.
Speaker 7: Shout at first shot up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the only comparison that that she in the company because earlier somebody had said that they like to be p I'm saying I thought it wasn't there said and I was showing love, I said, because she is in supportation, yea supportation. At the end of the day, I don't know what I might do for somebody that I love. Yeah, Like I'm a very submissive queen. That's why I like to talk to somebody with leadership skills, because if I talk to a drug dealer, he probably had me in the hood, and I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Have a fantastic leadership skills. Many I love drug everything.
Speaker 2: I think there's not a drug dealer out here that couldn't been especially if you was a King fin you could have been the CEO be Fortune five hundred kings.
Speaker 5: And my daddy was a drug dealer, So that's okay. But at the end of the day, I feel like, yeah, yea, let me.
Speaker 1: Just happening. Are you at least on only fans? Are you getting paid for this?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: You know how much I made from only fans bringing it up a million, more than a million pay But we're not even just talking about only fans. We're talking about posters that don't want viral. I'm blessed with one of them good looking cats. I don't know what you y'all see, but yeah, like I'm really one of them girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't know what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's going yeah, because I'm I'm something irregular that you ain't never seen before.
Speaker 15: So I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 2: Used to it.
Speaker 3: Hence the name Silki with the good koochie. It ain't good for nothing. Listen, you get paid off. And that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Brings me to my next question. Let's go, are you still on only fans?
Speaker 3: Literally, I'm not on only fans right now, focused on my career and that's as an artist and as a TV star.
Speaker 7: Absolutely watch a couple of weeks ago, people were mad at you a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Right now, you want to say, that's okad.
Speaker 5: Right with my hair?
Speaker 7: He come on the show.
Speaker 13: What he did?
Speaker 1: He said, socks? He did now know you brow I thought you said I did think. I thought you said, y'all wanted to do it?
Speaker 5: He said, he said that, He said you want to do it, and that's.
Speaker 3: My girlsn't want to do So basically, what you want to say is no, I'm not the one that said I wanted to. It was like, honestly didn't want along with the flow and I didn't want to be a party.
Speaker 5: Okay, so one thing about it.
Speaker 3: We on South Beach, me and Miami you like to turn up, you know, and we're all outside, were working on the ground and I don't know who the hell said grabbed the hair and started I just like I have with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: First, no, at first, I was like, I'm not doing that. He's like, that's cool for others. That might be whatever they think, but we that's a missive play. I was actually having a good time miss mister play. Like, if my man want to walk me like a dog, I'm gonnalet him walk me like a dog. I'm gonna walk him like a dog. I'm gonna whip him with my wig. I'm gonna put candle wax on his ass. I'm gonna beat his ass, I'm gonna stretch his ass.
Speaker 7: Mama had a crime with it, and she said something.
Speaker 5: You yeah, my mama, Yeah yeah, but Lite Mama had a problem with him too.
Speaker 1: I did not make her cry.
Speaker 7: Something boat face.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Verbadi said, you're the queen of the young struggle face. But that was it was the jokes between her and me, going back and forth. She actually cried when our former co host, ANGELIEE brought up her mother who had just passed away.
Speaker 1: That's what actually made her cry. And little Mama said that herself.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, all right, no, you don't think that the fact the struggle young struggle face a little bit even after her mom and looking at the loss and looking at the we don't you don't think that you could have chilled.
Speaker 5: And refrained from that comment.
Speaker 1: I apologize little Mama, wherever you are off. You see this, Remember I don't really okay because I remember people bring it up all the time. I can't forget it.
Speaker 11: I just.
Speaker 5: Accountability.
Speaker 1: You're right, and you know she did no, but she had rope.
Speaker 3: She has sent me like some universe meditation things. And I know she didn't mean she didn't mean anything wrong.
Speaker 7: She sent you a scripture.
Speaker 3: She was trying to give me some healing. Yeah, I ain't gonna I'm gonna lie. I do need a little bit of healing.
Speaker 1: But friend, it could have been personal.
Speaker 5: It could have been could have been more personal.
Speaker 3: Because it was like a little. Yeah, like what you said, you ain't saying about me farting these mouths.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because she probably did that.
Speaker 10: She did it.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna let me clear this up. I ain't gonna lie. I feel like me knowing people. I feel like she's a genuine girl. She just hasn't time and she didn't need to because I just if I could request, I just heard d M me and we could have talked to chat.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we got more with Suki Hannah when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 7: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Saying you got just hilarious we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Suki Hannah.
Speaker 7: Now you got you got three kids?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Is that the reason you said?
Speaker 8: You know what, I'm gonna get away from only fans because you have kids to go to school and all the kids to be like, I know, your mama's you know Super, you know like.
Speaker 3: First of all, yeah, they don't want Super with the good coochie because I pop out them kids.
Speaker 5: My kids know I'm school with the good Kucci.
Speaker 1: What the hell I was gonna say? Because because they know I just you you got.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something I love being pregnant. I love having baby's and I love raising babies, and I breastfeed all of them. I love children like I love my children so much, and they're gonna have prominent futures whatever. They want to be boxers, they want to be a sacrifice and thing I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do what I gotta do to make them that. But I feel like I'm gonna what it takes for me to get that cooing to make sure they straight. I'm gonna do what I gotta do. Nobody can't judge.
Speaker 7: Me to check a mom in school for saying something.
Speaker 5: My kids don't go to no public school.
Speaker 3: I pay for teachers, I pay for Yeah, I do stuff like that because you know, my kids are My kids are special. Like I'm not doing that. Everybody has their own reason what they do. But I'm a breastfeed of mom and I and I and I love my children. I have a good support system of good family and like I have a career and I take care of my kids are very good. I love them like I would do anything for them now as far as my only things, everybody don't pops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did y'all know what y'all.
Speaker 3: Moms don did did y'all more telling y'all, y'all, mom had them bills pay and I ain't never had a wearing a chicken cooking dressing Martin Luther King And man, what would they call it again when it was Jeszabel Shindy, Yeah, Jezabel out there.
Speaker 5: One think about us. One thing about us.
Speaker 3: We're gonna pop some cat cat ain't free, and when the kids need some food, we're gonna do what we gotta do.
Speaker 5: That's one thing about black women.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make.
Speaker 5: It's something out of nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't get.
Speaker 3: We got five cents one dollar. We're gonna make some shake on that get old.
Speaker 7: And she said, man, I gotta go pop some coochie for.
Speaker 1: Going to get my babe.
Speaker 7: Ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 1: My baby's gonna be.
Speaker 3: My baby's rich right now, right now, right now is a little girl. She don't have to work any day of her life. She don't have to understand the struggle. She don't have to understand what the hood is like.
Speaker 5: And that's and that's what I did. My baby will never have to be in no hood and will ever have to.
Speaker 3: Work for nobody I'm gonna take care of her for the rest of my life, and when I die, she's gonna be good.
Speaker 5: So that's type of woman that I am.
Speaker 3: Maybe ain't gonna have to pop no ca, I'm gonna pop the cat. I'm a pop the cat. Okay, your baby hair, you get it in it.
Speaker 5: Smooth today you got the console popping in.
Speaker 3: Let me stop the upset. Speaking of the gusbands their gay husbands, Oh my go because I want to ask her, do you consider yourself getting I don't kiss, bisexual whatever.
Speaker 7: Don't do I have to have a name?
Speaker 1: No, you don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want one. Because I seen like the interview that I did, and I was just you know, trying to explain. He kept asking me all these different courts, Jason, he kept asking me all these different Oh yeah, shout out to Jason Lee. But he asked me all these different questions about what my sexuality is. And I was kind of talking in circles and I see the comments and they were like, shout out to the people that's real gay and going through the real things, and it was just like, you know, they're so judgmental in the comments. And that's why a lot of these men are d l and that's all why a lot of these people don't want to come.
Speaker 5: Out the closet.
Speaker 3: I don't consider myself gay, I don't consider myself straight.
Speaker 5: I love people.
Speaker 3: I feel like, well, maybe I didn't have to go on a day or being a relationship.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say that. I think it's wrong.
Speaker 7: So let's talk about your music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I got that single Cataigo with AfroB and I ain't gonna lie him to New York for promo, run and the city, all the DJ's, DJ Clue and everybody. They been showing me a lot of love, and they're telling me that I got to hit and I believe in them.
Speaker 1: He's a liar, he said that to everybody.
Speaker 5: Youse a mother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: I promise you.
Speaker 3: I promise you because I know all of that too piece that you got on. You gotta thungb up your ass and your booty whole shape. So I'm gonna let you be great. But we're gonna get back in here. And because I got at and I'm talking about eating an ass, but I know that like his ass, say as Charlemagne.
Speaker 5: Campaign Champagne, you go up and respect for one.
Speaker 3: You see one, I'm gonna give over DJ Crew line God, tell the truth.
Speaker 5: And the money your here, eyebrows on fleet.
Speaker 7: Good morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Your mornings will never be the same. Well, you're a business owner and.
Speaker 2: You're juggling a lot of things. You need a team of people to keep your business running successfully. How do you find and hire the right people? Zip recruiter. Try it for free at ziprecruited dot com. Slash breakfast.
Speaker 18: It's topic time. Call eight hundred five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody you see j n V Charlemagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about spinning the block now. This conversation comes from Nellie and Ashanti and also Mandy and I'll stop at this point.
Speaker 1: No, I ain't going back. Did it, done it done? Not having anyting you today? He was like, she knowing that's the killa to day, it's single to Mayo, I'm gonna hit her up. No, she might make some poor, some horrible decisions.
Speaker 5: The number is blocked.
Speaker 17: Shout out to the ladies who changed the name in the phone. Remove the emojis, but do not answer.
Speaker 7: You can't have emojis by your name.
Speaker 17: If we done broke up this many times, your name is now, do not answer.
Speaker 5: But he's also.
Speaker 17: Blocked, so book, So the question is that is the question, y'all?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm here's one thing you're just said.
Speaker 1: Ten years, yes, ten years, do not answer. Yeah, but it's in red and one is in white. Yes, because his name was something else. It looks like it wouldn't go through if you're blocked them though, right.
Speaker 7: No it doesn't. That's what's up, bro. What's your name?
Speaker 12: Yo?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 8: My name is Richard from the Hey Richie? Talking about spending the block? Is it a good idea? If you spend the block after a long time, has it worked for you or it doesn't work? Let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 12: I really can't get it too too much. But I got I got. I got this two females whom I'm dealing with, and every time one of them whatever trying to hit me, I spend the block. But when I hit them, they spend the block too. So okay, so I get I got. I guess I don't. I guess it's the bad thing.
Speaker 3: Were you in relationships with either of these women, or is this just a sexual spin the block?
Speaker 1: I was in the relationship with both of them, spending.
Speaker 17: The block look like? Is it like a booty call?
Speaker 5: Is it like a little date night?
Speaker 1: What's it looks like for you?
Speaker 14: When they call?
Speaker 12: Whenever they hit me, I spend the block.
Speaker 7: Whenever they hit he said, they hit me, I hit it all right, thank you, sir?
Speaker 12: Hello, who's this Mandy?
Speaker 7: Hey, Mandy, good morning. How you feeling.
Speaker 10: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 7: You spun a block on somebody after a long period.
Speaker 10: Of time, Actually, he spun the block on me. We dated for like a year, we broke up, he got married, had a kid. Then they he broke up with her to be with me. He wanted to be with me the whole time. I still got Facebook messages. So when he was married, messages.
Speaker 17: Girl, I feel like you called so she can hear your voice.
Speaker 7: Damn, Oh, she's very well good. Oh wait are you with are you with?
Speaker 1: Are you with him now?
Speaker 5: And are they legally divorced?
Speaker 10: They are legally divorced. We've been together for next week to be nine years.
Speaker 2: Do you you've been a whole mistress for a long time I was about to say, Charlemagne brought up with Charlomagne.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne brought up for saying earlier. I want to know if you believe in the phrase you get him, you lose them.
Speaker 17: How you get them?
Speaker 4: Do you think that?
Speaker 10: But I didn't get him anyway.
Speaker 9: He just didn't want to be where.
Speaker 7: It's a long story.
Speaker 11: We'll even had that kind of time. She's a horrible person.
Speaker 10: But and I know that for a fact. We currently have his daughter.
Speaker 19: They have together.
Speaker 12: She lives with us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you want to take care damn. So why you say you were never a mistress door because she was with him?
Speaker 9: I never they were not together.
Speaker 7: She said that she got back when they broke up.
Speaker 10: I don't want nobody else's man. He wanted to be with me, And I got messages where I'm telling him like, don't find your wife, like where is your wife?
Speaker 13: So he.
Speaker 1: You were plying though, So yeah, so he left his wife for you? Yeah, so y'all never messed around when he was married. Never. You're just sitting there lying on God on a good Friday for Charlamagne.
Speaker 10: Don't do that. I actually like you.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you, mama, thank you for sharing your story.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Now, what's the mall of the Story's.
Speaker 2: The more of the story, Mandy, I said, if you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you as yours, you let it go, it might not never come back.
Speaker 7: Don't love that you don't miss you?
Speaker 1: Oh that was for you, will not miss you.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 20: So if I'm saying this with a little bit of projection, because there's a lot of times that I've had to let someone go to really see if it's worth it and if they come back great, If not, then that wasn't the person for me.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't believe in breaking up the making up?
Speaker 7: Though No Many.
Speaker 1: Angelo wrote that beautiful song for No Many every time, every nine ten of them.
Speaker 20: Was it better every time?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it was good.
Speaker 2: Break break up the make up in now by mephing Man Indiangelo, probably not.
Speaker 4: I'm sure we don't have that.
Speaker 7: We got all you need, we got all you need.
Speaker 1: It ain't the same. That's that's that's what people who never broke up. I do love something.
Speaker 7: I want to get that. Oh my god, I want to just role play a breakup. Shut because the breakfast club, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: J N v Charlamagne the guy we are to Breakfast Club. We got our co host with us this morning. It was Jess hilarious.
Speaker 7: That's right. And we have our special guests first time here. Yeah, thank you for joining us. Laverne Cox welcome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I am so excited to be here. In all of my multitudes, We're happy to have you here.
Speaker 7: Ben.
Speaker 6: That's what Jason said that we reached out last year when my barbie came out. I was like, it would be great to come onto the Breakfast Club and talk about the Laverne Cotts barbie. I'm the first trans person to have a barbie, and I think this audience is really valuable. I was, I was talking to Jason about this, and I think there's I don't like to say there's white media and black media, but like a lot of the work that I've done, the audiences have been diverse, but a lot it's been majority white audience. And I'm working at E now and it's definitely a diverse audience there, but there's this is.
Speaker 1: A black audience.
Speaker 6: Were happy and I'm black and I love being black, and this black excellence is I'm doing things out here and I think that it's important for this audience to know that so many of.
Speaker 1: Us went to use to you when you were acting on Orange Is the New Black.
Speaker 2: Yes, I told you when I I first met you at the iHeart Music Festival when he was backstage and I came up to you and I was like, yo, I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: You know love.
Speaker 2: I still love Orange and the New Black. So acting is what you really really want to do? Is that's your passion?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 1: It absolutely is, And I'm still acting.
Speaker 6: Last year a lot of people saw me Inventing Anna, which was a huge show on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I played Casey.
Speaker 7: Duke in that.
Speaker 6: I have a guest spot in something that I can't talk about yet, but it's really cool. And we're prepping to do a show with Norman Lear, the legendary Norman Lear called Clean Slate. George Wallace, the legendary comedian, plays My Dad. It's set in my hometown of Mobile, Alabama. It's a comedy and it's about this woman who goes back home and tries to reconnect with her dad after many years of being away. So we start shooting that in Savannah like next month.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think this era ready for Norman le Comedy. Norman lived the Jeffersons in Good Time.
Speaker 6: Well one day time, one day to Time did really well, and he has he has new shows. Norman is one hundred years old and he's still producing shows. And people are watching.
Speaker 5: So as long as they watch, and we're going to get.
Speaker 1: As long as they're watching. Yeah, Norman is amazing.
Speaker 6: He is getting to know him and just being in a room with him when we pitched the show to him, it's just iconic. We sat in the room with him for like ninety minutes and after the meeting he said he was ninety six at them. He said, I learned more about life in this last hour that I should have known that I didn't know. And I'm so grateful. And we started working together on pitching his show and it took years and now here we are.
Speaker 8: I want to go back for people that don't know, this IS's first time on a breakfast class.
Speaker 7: Yes, So, how did you get into acting? What made you want to act? What got you into that mind frame.
Speaker 6: As a kid, I've always been a performer, So I started as a dancer. So I'm fifty years old, so back in the day, right, But that's black don't yes, And so I started studying dance in third grade. But I always knew I wanted to act, that I would transition to acting. And when I got to college, I was a dance major at mary Mountainhaan College and started acting there. So I've been acting like since college and did my first movie my senior year at Marymount in nineteen ninety six. I think that's what you wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I always knew.
Speaker 6: But then I finally accepted being trans when I was in nineteen ninety eight and started transitioning, and I was like, well, there aren't any transactors, so I don't know if I can't really be an actor and be trans. And so I went to fashion school for three semesters. I went to fit and then I was like, I don't really want to do this. I love fashion, but I don't want to do it. And then like, I did a few more movies, just auditioned and got a few independent films, and then I started training seriously with this woman named Susan Batson who was an iconic acting coach. But finally, twenty years after I moved to New York, I got my big break in Orange just New Black.
Speaker 1: That was use wow.
Speaker 8: You know, at first, I'm sure people didn't necessarily. I don't know if Laverne fits this or how difficult was that being turned down.
Speaker 6: I mean it was years of noes. I mean the reason why it took twenty years is that there were no roles for me. So at Susan Studio, she would have industry nights and I audition for casting directors and agents and they'd be like, you're very talented, but there's no roles for you. Your trans It's like, maybe you should move to la And so it was constantly that, and every once in a while trans something or drag thing would come up. And a lot of times in the beginning when I was auditioning, it would say drag queen, but I would just go in and they didn't know the difference between drag and trans.
Speaker 1: And I would book or I wouldn't book. And so for years there just weren't roles for me.
Speaker 6: And so when the Orange New Black audition came along, i'd actually was going to stop acting. I turned forty that year, so this was eleven years ago. It was twenty twelve. I turned forty. The big break hadn't happened. I was like, well, girl, you're forty, you're black, you're trans. Who do you think you're kidding? Thinking you can do this? And I was studying for my gri to go to grad school. I was a student, loan dead. It was a mess. Girl, I was in renter rears. I was in a payment plan to avoid e viction from my apartment. Girl girl is ginger neutral, So girls ginger neutral. Like a lot of people say, dude, this ginger neutral girl is ginger neutral for me, So everybody's girl. But the great thing about when the Orange audition it happened is that even though it was a struggle, I had been in acting class every week because I loved it.
Speaker 1: And this is what I say to people.
Speaker 6: If you want to be an actor and you don't love it, you should do something else, because you're going to be too old, too young, too short, too thin, too trans, to black, too white, And so all the rejection, I kept loving it, and so I kept, even though I kind of gave up hope, I kept going to class because I love acting. And so when the audition came along, I did the one audition, I booked it, and then this juicy role came along in the beautiful writing.
Speaker 1: And I was prepared. I was ready because I had.
Speaker 6: Trained, I had done independent films for a free, student films for free. I did everything I could to get experience, and so when this opportunity came, I was ready and I and I love the Oprah sets. This thing is luck. Luck is only when preparation meets opportunity. And when my opportunity came, I was prepared. And I'm still here and I still love what I do, and I get to do so many different things now. I love that I'm an actor, but I also get to host red carpets and I have an interview show that's amazing.
Speaker 3: That's what I want to ask you. Do you like one more than the other? Do you like being in a live red carpet space more than you do?
Speaker 4: Like what? I love it?
Speaker 6: I didn't think I would when they when he approached me, I was like, well, I hosted their countdown show in twenty twenty and had a lot of fun doing it. And then they asked me to, you know, be their new red carpets and I was like, do I want to do this? And will people forget that I act? And acting has always been Even though I've always done a lot of different things, I know that I'm an actor first, and that's what I prioritize and that's why people even care about me.
Speaker 1: But I love it.
Speaker 6: At the Grammys recently, I interviewed Machine Gun Kelly and he came to the carpet really vulnerable.
Speaker 1: It was intense. I was like, what's going on here? It was a different energy than I and he was really emotional.
Speaker 6: He found out in the car on the way there that he had lost the Grammy and he was planning to win, and he had built up.
Speaker 1: Basically, he said that he had built up like all of this.
Speaker 6: I'm going to prove people wrong and I'm going to be valid now because I've won this Grammy and he didn't win it. And he actually had the courage to be vulnerable and admit that on live television and it was a beautiful.
Speaker 1: Raw moment. And I love being able to hold space for that.
Speaker 6: I have a show with E called if We're Being Honest that's on Peacock and I hate an interview show and I get to whole space for a complexity, for people's humanity.
Speaker 1: We laugh, we cry.
Speaker 6: This is the stuff I love where we can like have real moments with the guests I'm speaking with and then hopefully the audience. I wanted to ask you about the red carpet thing because I wanted to ask you, what did you learn in the moment.
Speaker 1: With Will and Jada? We love you, Thank you for all the years of joy you've brought us. Thank you.
Speaker 6: We can't wait for our red table talk and more tanglements and no my entanglements, no mind tang ements.
Speaker 1: You received a backlash and everything. What did you learn, Oh?
Speaker 6: I learned that the world was not ready for the evolved relationship that they were presenting us, because when I, you know, I just jokingly said, you know, we're looking for more entanglements.
Speaker 1: I love red table talk.
Speaker 6: I love this miss and people thought I was being shady And I talked to Jada afterwards.
Speaker 1: She was fine.
Speaker 6: She thought it was funny, but the world interpreted it as mess. I feel like their intention was for us to see a different way to do relationships that wasn't like this traditional thing, and the world made it into mess traditional heteronormative, monogamous ideas about what a relationship should look like. I think everyone can do relationships on their own terms and should do relationships on their own terms. And I think they're doing that and the people just don't.
Speaker 8: All right, we got more with Laverne Cox when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody is dj n V, Charlamagne, the gud.
Speaker 7: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Were still kicking it with Laverne Cox and our guess Hope Jess Hilarious is here.
Speaker 3: You know, being a comedian, we we often speak on nothing is off limits, you know what I'm saying, Like, we speak on things that you know, people in this in these days, these days and times may take a total different way than we're trying to, you know, put it out there. Has Do you think that because a comedian has a joke about LGBT, that they're homophobic? Like do you like what are your thoughts on that? Because I got a lot of jokes about the LGBT, but I have a lot of jokes about straight people.
Speaker 1: Do Yeah, everybody, I think it's really complicated.
Speaker 6: I interviewed Cameron Esposito on my show If We're being honest, and Cameron's a non binary stand up comic, and Cameron thinks you should be able to joke about anything right that. Cameron also said that a lot of comedians who have problems who's saying they're always being canceled and they can't aren't allowed to joke anymore, aren't.
Speaker 1: Used to getting feedback. So there's that piece. And I think too that.
Speaker 6: One can say something or do something that may be homophobic or racist and not be racist, right. But there's a difference between I am, like a statement of Brene Brown distinguishes between shame and guilt is shame is I am a mistake, and guilt is I made a mistake, right. So I think that's an important distinction to make that someone can unknowingly right say something or do something that's transphobic and be transphobic. I was on set for a show that I was doing many years ago, and one of my coworkers, who I adore and we're still friends to this day, said the T word, the T word that ends with a why. And I wasn't I wasn't upset by it, but I was like, I understood in that moment that this my coworker didn't understand that a lot of trans people.
Speaker 1: If you said that word, would have a problem.
Speaker 6: So it's just like something just like with racism, right, like I could think somebody can do something racist or say something racist not necessarily intending it in a certain way. There worth that we might not even know are problematic and we just don't know.
Speaker 1: But it is racist. It is transphobic. I mean for you, it's a comic.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, have you been criticized or a critique for some of your lgbtqs.
Speaker 5: Definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 1: But it made me.
Speaker 5: I was mad. I was very upset because I'm like, how can you say homophobic? Homophobic? Because of this? And because of that?
Speaker 3: And then and then it comes the thing of like if you say, oh, yeah, you know my brother gay or I got a gay best friend, then they still put you in a box like well.
Speaker 4: That's like.
Speaker 1: A black which I hate.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, big people always you know, say I was born a man and all that, and.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 6: And how does that make you feel? How does it make you feel when people as as as it's don trans woman, I.
Speaker 5: Honestly have never got upset. I actually started putting it in my jokes.
Speaker 6: But it's other people that a lot of black women, for a lot of black women get upset about that, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be totally honest with you.
Speaker 3: I got upset that I called this this guy he was LGBT. He called me the T word that ended with a y, and I called him the F word, and I felt like and and but it was blue, I said, I felt like, all right, slur for slur and and he's like, oh, you know, everybody's like, you're not a part of the community.
Speaker 5: You can't say that. What gives him the right to tell me that I'm let's e word?
Speaker 7: Like you did know? Did he?
Speaker 1: Did he know that you?
Speaker 3: He was being smart, He knew exactly that I was a woman. That you know that I'm born a woman and a woman. But like you hit me below the bell and you weren't saying it because you were You really thought that you said that because you.
Speaker 1: Knew that, Oh yeah, there's a there's I think it was it.
Speaker 6: One of the city girls who just has a lyric about like pretty like transgender, like we it's it shouldn't be an insult to say that someone, I mean, look at me. It shouldn't be an insult to say that someone looks trans trans is beautiful but.
Speaker 1: Right and and I think too when in that moment using that.
Speaker 6: F slur, you were mad, I was like, for me, I decided many years ago, I had an incerent in a gay club and I was I was co hosting uh an event and I used the F word.
Speaker 1: I said, you use some loud F words. This was years ago.
Speaker 6: After the show, two black gay men came up to me and read me for They read me for filth and I'm there with my friend Ari, May he rest in.
Speaker 1: Peace and I'm like, no, we're reclaiming that word and I'm trans and.
Speaker 6: They were like not having it. And I talked to my friend Ari, and I myself right. I was like, we're reclaiming that word. We're taking the power away from that word. And Ari was like absolutely. Then I talked to my brother. My brother is identified as a practicing homosexual, just like the word gay. He thinks it's a white bushwalk construct and he prefers the idea of practiced orientation. Anyway, we're twins, and I talked to my brother about it, and I expected my brother to be like, yeah, they were crazy and they were wrong. And my brother was like, that's not your word to reclaim and I was like but no, but no, and it's like, that's not your word to reclaim. And then he said it a third time and then I started crying. Yeah, because I had to admit that I said something that was hurtful. I saw the hurt in their eyes.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I immediately became defensive, and that defensiveness I get. But that uncomfortability, that moment of sitting with like I hurt somebody and I didn't intend to, but I hurt somebody and that felt awful.
Speaker 8: Do you ever get tired of being I don't want to say, the Facebook the person that everybody comes to when there's a joke that people don't like, or when somebody says something in a lyric or.
Speaker 1: Spoken for me.
Speaker 7: Do you get tired of that?
Speaker 1: I'm not anymore. There's so many more of us.
Speaker 6: And what I what I love about my career and what I'm really proud of is that I'm the first openly transperson to be nominated for an acting in Me, But I'm not the last. I'm the first transperson to be on the cover of Time magazine, but I'm not the last. There's so many more trans people with the platform.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 6: What I am frustrated by with these legislative attacks against trans people now is that people aren't talking to enough trans people. There's like lots of pundits and people who like talk about trans issues without a transperson in sight. There used to be a time I'm old enough where you know, people would talk about trans issues and actually bring on trans.
Speaker 1: People to talk. I can't.
Speaker 6: What I've learned is I can't speak on every issue because it's exhausting. This stuff is also traumatizing. Transphobia is traumatizing, Racism is traumatizing, Misogyny is traumatizing, and I can't live in that space. I can't live in that space all the time. And that twenty twenty taught me that too. I'm honored that I've been chosen, I think, by a power greater than myself, to be a vessel for all of the visibility that trans people have now. And it used to feel like a lot of pressure. And I used to feel this obligation to speak up about everything. And now I pray to God that like i'd say thank you, but I'm like, can I wear this light more lightly and with more joy?
Speaker 1: And I'm getting there. I'm in, and I'm getting there by staying in the.
Speaker 2: Love I do want to ask, because we're talking about it when it comes to gender identity, should we let kids wait until they are older to make that decision, Because I know that's a big.
Speaker 1: It is a big conversation right now.
Speaker 6: And what I say to that is that if you are not a trans child, or have a parent or a parent of a child who thinks they might be trans, it's none of your business. I think what has been happening with the GOP specifically now and all the like, we have to protect kids, kids in sports, kids, this kids that it's never been about kids. It's always been about stigmatizing trans people. There's a law in Oklahoma that was just introduced that would ban gender firming care up until the age of twenty six. This tells me what I've already always known. There's never been about kids. It's about making trans people not exist. Donald Trump just made a speech saying we need to ban gender firm and care for everybody. He may have misspoken, He misspeaks a lot, but he said we need to ban it for everybody.
Speaker 1: That is the plan.
Speaker 6: So I think when we are talking about someone else's access to health care or bodily autonomy, it's nobody else's business whether they're a child or an adult. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Medical Association, the INDUCT Society have a set of protocols and they're a well respected for treating trans kids. And that should be handled by doctors, not legislators, not people who are not involved.
Speaker 8: I will don't move. We have more with Laverne Cox when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, still kicking it with Laverne Cox, and our special guest host is here, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm glad you here because we can even help just unpack another little bit of trauma that she went through. Remember just I saw you say this on it Don't Call Me White Girl podcast. Yeah, there was a guy hollering at you flew.
Speaker 1: Out and you try to fly you out.
Speaker 5: I wasn't into him.
Speaker 3: Okay, there was this guy, he's known everybody knows me, a singer from me saying the ones that will act like they didn't. But yeah, he DMed me and he was like he wanted me to.
Speaker 7: Have sex with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have sex with him, but he wanted me to bend him.
Speaker 1: Because he wanted you to drop on.
Speaker 5: No, he thought I had that already came like that.
Speaker 1: He thought that you were a trans woman who had not had wanted and.
Speaker 5: He really wanted this experience and he didn't know.
Speaker 7: He hit me after the show, tell me I might know who it is.
Speaker 5: She might not even be shocked, but the thing is, and I was like, wow, like and this was traumatizing for you. No, I just was like, it wasn't.
Speaker 7: It was not you're a mess.
Speaker 5: You're a mess girl trying to exalt me.
Speaker 6: He just literally thought that I was you know, you were trans, and so he was he was really wanting.
Speaker 1: I wasn't upset at all.
Speaker 5: And when I seen the money, I was like, dang, I wish I did had one of those. Because he was.
Speaker 1: Thought you were a sex worker. Yes, he thought he were a sex worker. He thought you were.
Speaker 6: TRANSI there's people always often assume they're trans people.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Sex workers were not all workers.
Speaker 6: There's other things we can do. And this is not to you know, to mean sex work. We we you know, we're sex workers should be decriminalized and all that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: But when I told him been looking, when I was like, okay, so no, I am you know a woman. He was like, oh damn, all right. Well see like it was like you still flyp me out for the money if you But no, he wanted something very specific. Yeah, very specific. And he wasn't disrespectful after he wasn't And I wasn't about to frech put that.
Speaker 5: Up, you know, none of that.
Speaker 3: But he was really like and I wouldn't say disappointed, but it was like, oh, sounds like you all right.
Speaker 6: He was disappointed, Like we have to you know, it's it's tricky to talk about sex. We're transfers because we're often sexualized, right, and so to have an adult conversation about sex and sexuality and not again to elevate the humanity of trans people. This is this is my work to elevate the humanity of trans people. But there are straight identified men who enjoy being pegged having a woman strap on, who enjoy a trans woman who might you know, give them that pleasure, and they still identify its straight because she's still a woman.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 6: So I think that like a more evolved conversation that a lot of people aren't ready for, is that a sex act does not define your sexuality. Nobody can tell you who you are OK, nobody can tell you who you are, so you people. Sexuality exists on a spectrum, and I think it's like really problematic when we find out that someone enjoyed something sexually and then we start telling them that they are gay or start telling them of their sexuality. It is not our business to tell somebody their sexuality if they're in the closet, if they're in denial, that's actually not our business either, right, So there's too much of that.
Speaker 7: I think we can allow.
Speaker 6: And people are doing all sorts of things sexually, and I think it's all wonderful. I think it's great live it's all it's just consensual and everybody is an adult and it's great. And I don't I think that, like it's an advanced concept, but sex separating a sex act from someone's sexuality, I think it's something that's.
Speaker 1: Very evolved that I would love for people to be able.
Speaker 8: To char does the fact that potentially Charlemag doesn't act, that doesn't necessarily mean he's gay.
Speaker 7: That's what she's saying.
Speaker 2: I just look, I just love the fact that a transploman potentially took one of justice prospects.
Speaker 6: That's what I That's what he found he found the girl don't want me to You couldn't even like I could strap on?
Speaker 2: Did you offer that?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Because the money you did much much was fifty thousand dollars?
Speaker 17: Girl?
Speaker 6: Like what?
Speaker 14: Girl?
Speaker 1: Probably? Okay, you can tell the girls who they that sex work? The girls out there. There is a man, a singer, offering fifty thousand.
Speaker 5: Dollars and they give me a piece of.
Speaker 7: Oh, he's like, he's over fifty.
Speaker 4: He's like.
Speaker 3: This was like somebody we listened to, like Beg and this day stuff. Don't get listen, we're still listening to them right now. Fifty thousand dollars a girl, A lot of girls can use that.
Speaker 5: And so I did you know? I had to talk it over with my.
Speaker 6: It's beautiful to be a black, beautiful to be a black trans woman and not need that money.
Speaker 7: It's good, beautiful to make my own money. Can we talk about this, yes, Barbie?
Speaker 1: Can we get the ball?
Speaker 14: You can?
Speaker 8: We can we talk about conversation that we were talking about this you will tell me, okay, but that's having that conversation and this.
Speaker 7: I want to know, how did this dog come about? Was this a dream of yours?
Speaker 6: When I found out Abdun had a dollar. I was like, I want a doll too, and I said to my manager, politics, I own a Barbie, and like, I don't know if he reached out, but like several years later, Mattel reached out and said, we'd love to do a Barbie. We're doing a tribute collection. And I said absolutely. It's like it was a dream, and it was. I have a I've talked a lot about this when the barbie came out, But when I was a kid, I wanted a Barbie and my mom did not allow me to play with barbiees.
Speaker 1: She it was forbidden.
Speaker 6: And I was in therapy and I told that story to my therapist, and my therapist said, you can It's never too late to have a happy childhood. You can reparent that inner child. I think you should go and buy yourself a Barbie. Did you and play with her? I absolutely did. I bought a Barbie, played with her, I dressed her, and it was healing. And then I told my mom about it, and then my mom first sending me barbies.
Speaker 1: It's always time.
Speaker 6: Oh, my mom started sending me barbies. Got this, I'm not gonna crown the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: And she started sending me black Barbie.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, she started sending me black Barbies, and it was just this wonderful like that we all have a little kid inside of us that needs attention and that needs healing, and yeah, she's been I've been taking really good care of my inner child and Barbie has been a huge part of that. And so what was so exciting for me about having my own Barbie is that other people can have this space of whatever age you are, or like free parent your inner child or and have and know that you can be trans or non binary and that like you exist.
Speaker 1: Well, it's my last question.
Speaker 2: I guess it's more like, even though a statement, I guess the challenge I have is a personality is I often wonder what's more impactful? Right, because you're Laverne Cox to me, like, you're not transgender actors, Laburn conc' leburn Cox, You've got a lot of things going on, So I wonder what's more powerful Just having you on a platform like this and just having a conversation about everything that you're doing, are allowing you to speak to you your.
Speaker 1: Transnis I can do both. Find a girl who can do vo.
Speaker 6: That For me, it's like just living my life as I'm fifty years old, living my life work. I worked in restaurants in New York for twenty years. I did not go to the restaurant talking about my transits. When I was working in a coffee shop, I just went to the restaurant. I was myself, and some people knew I was trans. Some people didn't. They they but they got to know me as a human being, and that was the most powerful thing.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 6: When I'm on sets, I'm not educating people are doing diversity and inclusion of training. I'm doing my job, and showing up and doing me has been the best way. So I think it's like it's about our humanity. Yes I'm trans, but like I'm so much more than that, and every trans person is so much more than that, and just our humanity, Like we've always been here, we've been second class citizens. If we're going to acknowledge that these folks are here, let's just like respect them and let them be. And it shouldn't affect you. It really shouldn't. And I think that, like I feel like a lot of men who get upset about trans women, it's like they want to be misogynist and they want to like holler at a girl and know that she was a signed female at birth, and they get upset and it's like, that's my problem that if you're driving to me, it's not like my problem that you clicked swipe right on me on a dating app like it just unmatched and move on.
Speaker 1: It's like people get so and then I.
Speaker 5: Think I made you jump right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: He so Laverne Cox.
Speaker 2: Being honest with Laverne Cox on Peacock.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Oscar's read car bed.
Speaker 8: That's right, Marches, that's right, March twel well, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 7: We appreciate you. Oh, don't be a stranger.
Speaker 8: It's the breakfast club. It's Laverne Cox the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. When it's time to get with someone special, the best way to do it is with Magnum large sized condoms. That gold foil wrapper is a badge of honor and it means you're protected and you take care of things with comfort.
Speaker 7: Accept no substitutes.
Speaker 8: Bring the pleasure with the gold standard Magnum large sized condoms.
Speaker 5: Damn the hegg.
Speaker 1: Donkeys today, I me ain't trying to be donkey today.
Speaker 2: No more, they should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 5: Days called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 7: Damned Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: Who got the donkey of.
Speaker 2: The day today, Well, Jess hilarious Donkey of de daykos to Stephania Santa Bria.
Speaker 1: She is a fifty year old fifth grade math instructor.
Speaker 2: Listen to what I said, fifty year old fifth grade math instructor.
Speaker 8: Math.
Speaker 2: Math, Okay, the area of knowledge that included the topics of numbers, formulas, and related structures.
Speaker 1: Shapes and spaces.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know five plus five, six times two eight divided by four.
Speaker 1: We all know what math is.
Speaker 2: And when you're in fifth grade, those students, you know, they focused on adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions, decimals.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, Stephania Santa Bria, the fifth grade math teacher, faces charges including strangulation in the second degree, risk of injury to a minor, and reckless endangerment in the first degree.
Speaker 1: How did we get to that equation? Okay? What plus?
Speaker 2: What equal strangulation in the second degree, risk of injury to a minor, and reckless endangerment in the first degree. Well, let's go to ABC seven New York put to report Polaseky Liz.
Speaker 19: Usually when we hear about choke holds in the news, we're hearing about something that police are not supposed to do because it's dangerous. Well, in this case, a teacher who was working as a math coach is accused of putting a fifth grader in a choke hold. Now, this was supposed to be educational a demonstration, but the school district says that student fainted, letting.
Speaker 2: Us know that a staff member they or a math coach had rendered one of the students unconscious.
Speaker 19: According to the police reports, it happened while teaching a group of fifth graders a defensive jiu jitsu move and demonstrating on three of them. Someone alerted the school nurse.
Speaker 5: The student regained consciousness, it says the reports.
Speaker 1: Within seconds.
Speaker 19: Any idea how it came to be that she was teaching them martial arts when she's a.
Speaker 7: Math coach, you know.
Speaker 1: So the investigation is still on going. We're not sure exactly why she decided.
Speaker 11: To do that.
Speaker 19: At investigation that resulted in an arrest a week later, a fifty year old Stephanie Synabria at her home in Danbury. She's facing serious charges strangulation, risk of injury to a minor, and reckless endangerment.
Speaker 2: Ma'am, ma'am, you're supposed to be a math teacher, not math hoffe he Okay, this is what I'll be trying to explain to my wife.
Speaker 1: I don't understand this new math at all.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm all for teaching kids how to defend themselves, but I'm also off of everyone staying in the Nidnam lane. If the class is math, the subject is math, you are indeed a math instructor.
Speaker 1: Then why the hell are you teaching my child how to do a rid neck at chocolate?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're supposed to be teaching calculus, not the Campbell clutch. You're supposed to be teaching my child how to do fractions, not picking for a leg locks.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This is the problem with the era we in. Everybody thinks they're an expert at everything. Nobody is actually in alignment with their actual purpose.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you.
Speaker 2: See a math teacher teaching kids how to do tech. Debosi's a million dollar dream. Then best belief, the math ain't mathing. Now we all parents in this, Tamar, What do you do when your child comes home and says her maths script?
Speaker 1: To put them in the crippler car, the crippler cross.
Speaker 17: Face, Oh, pray for me, and somebody go get my bell.
Speaker 5: Oh baby, it's going down.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I would have to have that math teacher teach me so I can teach her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and be what.
Speaker 7: About you, well, female teachers, they got to deal with gey.
Speaker 8: I'm sure Gil will put her in the Brooklyn and head locks somehow, some way knock it right out, put you in the choko before she did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she and I almost passed out, like I was tapping up this side.
Speaker 8: Yes, and now we can't play flight anymore because she she had me in a lot and I couldn't get out, and I was, I was dying, and I was it's not.
Speaker 2: Funny, though, dropping don't you do it? I said, ship Maybe can't beat nobody in this house. Nobody he can take.
Speaker 7: I can take Peyton. She won.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will shoot this teacher a little ball.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's been seeing all these teachers online getting beat up by kids, So she was doing some her ventitive measures. She just had to let these little kids know that she knows a little something something, just in case one of them get too spotty. Okay, sometimes you got to show people your script so they know not to play with you. But here's the thing, miss math instructive. When playing with other people's kids, or should I say, when CAUs it harmed the other people's turn, you need to ask yourself one simple question, why is the math book sad?
Speaker 1: I repeat? Why is the math book sad? Because it has too many problems? And that's exactly that's exactly what you're gonna have and deserve.
Speaker 2: To have putting other people's kids in the cobra clutch. Okay, please give Stefana Santa Bria the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 7: Oh no, you are do.
Speaker 12: Of the.
Speaker 13: Oh the day, fifty years old, big age of fifty, still making choices like that's.
Speaker 7: Crazy, Yes, it is all right, Well, thank you for that donkey.
Speaker 8: Today the Breakfast Club, the Freaky.
Speaker 1: It's Freaky Friday, got damn.
Speaker 8: Call in now eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlomagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We get our guest co host Claudia Jordan with the murder, and.
Speaker 7: It's Friday, so you know what that means.
Speaker 1: It's freaking freaking freaky Friday.
Speaker 7: And the freaky freaky freaky Friday question comes from.
Speaker 4: A white boy. Rick shot.
Speaker 7: The white boy Ricky supports me at all my car shows.
Speaker 8: But the question is, you know he got allegedly got into an incident where he said another woman's name while he was having sex and him and the woman got into an altercation.
Speaker 7: I'll say, allegedly I heard this. More to the story and I'll let him tell it.
Speaker 8: But we're taking it away from there and asking what turn offs in the bed for you, Charloma said.
Speaker 7: Charlamagne says, nothing.
Speaker 2: Everything turns to I don't even when your kids not going to do you got four what that's different.
Speaker 1: That's not a turn off.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that an interruption. I'm not turned off when they're not going to do it. Just you're interrupted. I got to start back up.
Speaker 7: It's like you know the car, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: Interrupted and turn off is when you just like it turned off.
Speaker 2: I think, I think, I mean, I haven't experienced this in quite a quite quite a long time, but yeah, I think older like Claudia said.
Speaker 17: Yeah, like if a guy has bad breath and like licht the boobs and then you got anything like that's you like I I like a little bit of a pressure around my neck sometimes right if they do it too hard, like like you're choking a man like I'm a woman, like be gentle.
Speaker 1: With it, like beasts.
Speaker 7: Tell somebody like that look too strong. This isn't for you.
Speaker 5: This isn't your thing.
Speaker 7: That would be messed up. You're all sexually choked somebody.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 17: It's not supposed to really supposed to be kind of like a fantasy.
Speaker 1: Somebody up here says something.
Speaker 2: We were talking and he said that when he's doing it and the young lady is like, you know, are you there yet?
Speaker 4: Are you there yet?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Because that shows that she might not be enjoying it to finish.
Speaker 17: That's the wrap it up music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that the eid.
Speaker 2: When you get that, it's like, oh man, but not for thought. He was having a good time, not for nothing. The person you're talking about is big. You know what I mean, anybody, you didn't have to say all that.
Speaker 1: You said it. So I'm just did not say that his name is Big Max.
Speaker 7: But so the person is big. So just imagine, you know, the weight on you and she's like you man, right.
Speaker 1: That's your man, man, that's why?
Speaker 6: Why? What? What?
Speaker 2: What was that for?
Speaker 17: You're saying if she's on the bottom. Correct, she's on the bottom. It's hard to be on the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: From the bar, he was behind her. He wasn't on tough for her behind you can you imagine the weight behind.
Speaker 17: Sometimes from the back it really hurts something you didn't really you really get to it. I said, yes, like I know, right, and you and your boys were mad high.
Speaker 1: Too, like me, from the back, it really hurts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeahs foe.
Speaker 17: You're telling yourself something right today?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 12: This what mama's got Detroit?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 12: What? What?
Speaker 7: What is some turnover to the bedroom for you?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 16: You know when you get the nibble on on your ear and that hairstink, man, sometimes the hairstraink.
Speaker 1: The hairstink you said, hair?
Speaker 7: Yeah you know that the hair you know the hair Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, hairstink.
Speaker 17: You gotta wash your weeds, ladies.
Speaker 4: Hello, is this the old school stetic?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 1: Brother? What? What?
Speaker 7: What turned you off in the bedroom?
Speaker 2: Fish legs and black pantinghole fish legs and black pantyhole fish.
Speaker 17: That's a fish?
Speaker 7: What a fish smell?
Speaker 16: Yeah, laid black panted hairs. When you say the pant and hers that and then you that like you're gonna get some baked from fish tackler. That's what I mean that.
Speaker 2: My daddy said, if it smelled like alone, leave it alone. If it smell like fish, eat all you wish.
Speaker 17: No, no, no, your daddy's so you're wrong.
Speaker 7: Her father told you that.
Speaker 2: My daddy used to say all the time, smell like alone, leave it alone. If it smell like fish, eat all you will.
Speaker 17: Throats a lot?
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 1: Who that's some good advice, think about it.
Speaker 7: Hello, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 11: My name is Jasmine Jamine.
Speaker 21: Good morning.
Speaker 10: So my my biggest turn.
Speaker 21: Off is when we're tongueing each other down. We're hot and heavy in the moment, and then you want a tongue my ear and I'm hearing that like nasty lit smacking and all that extra like I'm thirty one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because in the twenties, where you where, where you put your tongue on in somebody's gross.
Speaker 12: Everybody.
Speaker 21: I don't care how clean. I don't care how clean you are, how much you wear, clean your ears acute.
Speaker 1: No, no, which is crazy though, because you probably like it, and.
Speaker 7: I didn't mean to hang out. I didn't know you're gonna go into the butt.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't know.
Speaker 7: You've been doing.
Speaker 1: It every time? Hello, what's up?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry? We just have a butt.
Speaker 7: Friday. We asked you, what what is some turnover in the bedroom for you, mama to me turn off?
Speaker 10: It's no rhythm except the pubic hair like that's too nappy, that's not cut.
Speaker 11: And maintain, just overall not knowing what you're doing because we're too old, not for.
Speaker 10: You, for you not to be normal what you're doing.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 7: Can always learn, everybody can always learn, and they can cut their pubic hair off.
Speaker 17: But bad rhythm, you can't fix that. Like they have that, like that real quick, like that rabbit thing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you had to have the You don't like they know what they're doing, but they don't please.
Speaker 2: All right, So what do you do?
Speaker 1: You're telling me you can't dance?
Speaker 17: Just say slow down, baby, Are we gonna slow down like we're on different rhythms?
Speaker 1: Jesus?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. It's freaky freaking freaking Friday. And the freaky freaky Friday.
Speaker 7: Question is what are some turnoffs in the bedroom?
Speaker 4: Call us up.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club in mornings.
Speaker 2: It's freaky freaky Friday.
Speaker 4: Call in that.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. You want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Morning, everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ n V, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Clodia Jordan here, I'll guest host.
Speaker 7: And it's Friday. See know what that means.
Speaker 1: It's freaky, freaky freaky Friday.
Speaker 8: And the freaky freaky freaky Friday question is what are some turnoffs in the bedroom?
Speaker 7: This came from USh Out the White Boy Rick. Allegedly, it was reported.
Speaker 8: That him and this girl got into a situation on him and the girl, and she said that during sex, he called the wrong name. So we just asked, what are some of your turnoffs?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 9: Who's this is your boy? Love you from the bronk. He looked at thirteen.
Speaker 4: All right, love you.
Speaker 7: So, what are some turnoffs for you?
Speaker 10: Bro?
Speaker 9: It's freaky Friday? So I have looked the problem I have with Quinny. If you don't want a well doubt man, don't sign.
Speaker 4: Up for it.
Speaker 11: I got a co hostess woman. It took me three months.
Speaker 9: We grew me the room. She got dressed and walked away after you're flew.
Speaker 7: It, after she saw it.
Speaker 9: She got dressed and walked away after you've seen at thirteen and a half.
Speaker 1: So I need you, Claudia.
Speaker 8: This our guy, love you Love is his name. He has a thirteen and a half inch penis, right, okay? So he says a lot of women are scared of it. So he says when when when you know women I guess walk away when they see it.
Speaker 7: That's a turnoff. So technically your penis is the turnof yeah is your is you?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 17: You can't be mad at her for that though she knows her limitations.
Speaker 9: Well, then they put restrictions on you, like I can't have a guy, can only have Mintionnary.
Speaker 1: I don't feel sorry.
Speaker 9: I'm the woman that's happening.
Speaker 1: I don't feel sorry for you.
Speaker 17: That hurts you know what that feels like?
Speaker 7: Envy, Charla, may I have no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'd be scared you.
Speaker 17: I have no thirteen and a half inches going in.
Speaker 7: Jesus, Hello, who's this angela? Good morning? What do is some turnofs in the bedroom for you?
Speaker 9: I would say, too much conversation, too much talking?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: Too much talking like dirty talking, or like asking you how you date, like.
Speaker 21: You know, like whispering things, or but people that want you to repeat thanks.
Speaker 10: To say this and say this, and have full conversations and just it gets to be a lot.
Speaker 7: I feel you.
Speaker 17: I had that before. My ex boyfriend will say, ask me weird, asked questions that were like I answer, I was ignoring him. I'm like, just shut up, just shut up and finished, like why you asked me? I don't want to answer your questions right.
Speaker 1: Now, I've gotten that I've been told to shut the hell up. Really, what questions do you ask?
Speaker 4: Matter?
Speaker 1: But I've been told you to shut up? Ain't you talking too much?
Speaker 17: Not everybody's good at sex talk like it is definitely a skill. And some people come up they show perverted and weird. They are in that moment like I like sexist.
Speaker 2: But that you just talk too much, like I think it's I think it's one of those things with less is more like, I don't think you're supposed to have a whole conversa what you say.
Speaker 1: You can't do a podcasts, You can't do a whole monologue.
Speaker 17: It should be a little bit of like half sentences here and like a baby this you like this, it's not. Don't be asking me stupid questions, that's right?
Speaker 1: Hello, is this I'm a stupid question?
Speaker 7: I wonder what do you hate in the bedroom?
Speaker 10: I hate hard breathing.
Speaker 8: Now, Relanda, Now ain't a lot is that there's a lot of people out there that that that don't work out, So you're gonna get a lot of hard breathing.
Speaker 1: So you're saying fat people people will sleeping fat people.
Speaker 9: You don't got to be back to have hard bleeping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: You work out, Rolina.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 10: I need to know you probably hard.
Speaker 7: You probably breathe hard too, now.
Speaker 9: Mama, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I really don't hard breathing you with a hard breath of Claudia probably I'm fifty.
Speaker 7: Thank you, mama.
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 9: Is this his com from South Carolina?
Speaker 1: And I see all day.
Speaker 7: We're talking freaky Friday. We're just asking. You know what is some turn offs in the barn?
Speaker 13: Brother?
Speaker 9: Uh, you know when you get it in, you hear fart noise and you come out the one that sinks and not the one that was.
Speaker 1: Oh you're talking about I disagree? But what what far are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You like that? I like that?
Speaker 7: You mean queen for you're talking about fart?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, maybe the win cold, but I.
Speaker 17: Ain't ain't wait even a queen for fire.
Speaker 7: What do you mean he's talking about fart fart?
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you're mistaken. Quef's for farts.
Speaker 17: Bro, Yeah, pretto much area. That means you've been going fast. He pumped at real fast.
Speaker 7: No, but I think you think he's talking about coming out the back end.
Speaker 1: Man, that's just nasty. I am a member of a tribe called Quef. I love a good queen.
Speaker 7: Don't think you're talking.
Speaker 17: If a girl farts with you, she don't really like you that much. Best believe, best believe it's coming the group chat. I thought, in his Jesus, one of my friends that you did that. She didn't care about him. Say, you girls are experts at holding in that far. We do it our entire life? If she parts are and sex, she does not care.
Speaker 1: She don't care about you at all. She's like, what is that a way? That's Is that another way to say wrap it up? To wrap it up? Jesus, what's the marrow of the story? Guys, I don't know. That's Claudia thirteen inches too much?
Speaker 7: So she got she's still the stuff going at y'all like, think like.
Speaker 17: What five six inches?
Speaker 7: What do y'all think? Charlman?
Speaker 1: What are you like?
Speaker 4: Eh?
Speaker 1: What do I like what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 17: Well that between one and thirteen?
Speaker 1: No, because I don't know what you're talking about. I think I heard with the thirteen half happened?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 8: The breakfast club, Charlamage, the guy we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Now you've got a positive No, Charlemagne, I do have a positive note, man. The positive note is simple. Pay attention to your patterns. Okay, the way you learn to survive may not be the way you want to continue to live. Heal and shift.
Speaker 5: Breakfast club, You're finished with, yo, dub