Speaker 1: Hi, ice cream man, I'm back and I put my friends this time.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, Thank you for the ice It really helped. No problem.
Speaker 3: Your friend Elliott was very concerned about you. I'm glad you're feeling better.
Speaker 4: Do you need more ice?
Speaker 1: I think I'm okay now, but we do need something, mister ice cream man.
Speaker 4: Oh what is it?
Speaker 2: Ice cream?
Speaker 5: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. This is part four of a four part story series about Cowie and the AI program she named Penelope. In today's episode, Cowie learns that technology like AI can be a helpful tool, but it can't be a real friend.
Speaker 4: Let's meet up with Cowie and her real friends at the ice cream truck to find out more.
Speaker 2: Ice cream coming right up?
Speaker 4: Who's first?
Speaker 5: Billy says Colie should order first because she's the one who got stung.
Speaker 4: That's very caring, Billy.
Speaker 6: Oh, but I don't know what flavor to pick.
Speaker 2: They all look so good.
Speaker 4: Hmm, tough choice.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I'll ask Penelope what she likes.
Speaker 4: Penelope, but Penelope can't.
Speaker 1: Taste ice cream. She's an AI computer program.
Speaker 6: Okay, Penelope, what's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Brother, sorry, I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Huh okay, Penelope, what's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Cowie tasting ice cream is something that real friends can do.
Speaker 4: AI cannot taste anything, but we can.
Speaker 2: Could we try that?
Speaker 4: Samples please? That will help us decide good idea? Samples all around?
Speaker 6: Yuh, strawberry please?
Speaker 5: Billy would like butter pecap yup chocolate vanilla swirrel for me?
Speaker 2: Shoo me.
Speaker 6: This strawberry ice cream is so good. I wish Penelopee.
Speaker 2: Could taste it, but I guess she can't. That's true.
Speaker 5: Cowie tasting is one thing that AI can't do.
Speaker 2: Dowie, huld try my chocolate vanilla swirrel. It's so good.
Speaker 6: Yum mates for sharing, Elliott, I guess Penelopee can't share either.
Speaker 4: You are right, Cowie.
Speaker 5: I think you are discovering some limitations of AI.
Speaker 2: What do you mean limit tations?
Speaker 5: It means you are figuring out the things that AI cannot do? Lingo, kids, listeners, can you think of any other limitations of AI? What are some things that artificial intelligence can't do? Hug good one Elliott. Friends and family.
Speaker 4: Are great at hugging, but AI is not. Billy says, friends are better at fixing things.
Speaker 2: But Penelope can fix things. He always knows what to do.
Speaker 5: I think Billy means that AI is not good at fixing things. If you need hands to do it, pardon me, I meant hands or wings anything else?
Speaker 1: Feel I mean, does Penelope ever feel sad or happy or scared like we do?
Speaker 2: I don't really know.
Speaker 4: Why don't you ask her? Cowie?
Speaker 2: Okay, Penelope, do you have feelings? No?
Speaker 3: I don't have feelings. I can help answer questions and talk to you, but I don't have feelings like you do.
Speaker 5: AI cannot feel and care the way you and your friends can. When you got stung by a bee, your friends understood how that must feel. They cared about your feelings because they have feelings too.
Speaker 2: And they help me feel better.
Speaker 6: I guess Penelope is not the perfect trend after all.
Speaker 4: Nope, but neither am I.
Speaker 1: Actually sometimes I get really frustrated at yell and.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I break things, but I don't mean it.
Speaker 5: Billy says that sometimes he doesn't want to play with friends. He wants to do things by himself.
Speaker 6: I guess sometimes I play with Penelope too much, and I hurt my friend's feelings.
Speaker 5: No one is perfect, Caoie, but some of the not so perfect parts are what makes your friends and you interesting and special. We are always learning and changing.
Speaker 6: Maybe I shouldn't play with Penelope anymore. I don't want to make my real friends feel bad.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Penelope is st looted at some things.
Speaker 4: Yes, AI can be very useful. The trick is to know what it is good at and what it is not. What are some of the things Penelope is good at.
Speaker 1: She can find information, lots of information, she really can.
Speaker 2: She's super speedy. The lullabig you made together was pretty.
Speaker 6: Thanks Elliott I wrote it, but Penelope added instruments.
Speaker 5: When it comes to AI or any kind of technology, really, the important thing to remember is when to use it and when it's better to do things on your own or with friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know some people elselope good at What is it? She can't make really silly stories about anything you want?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Can she make a story about us? Like right now?
Speaker 2: Sure? We just have to tell her what we want.
Speaker 5: That's a perfect way to use AI to create things with friends.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Lingo Kids listeners Today, caw We discovered how useful and easy it was to have an AI friend, but she also discovered that her real friends can do many things that AI cannot, like share feelings, give hugs, and care about each other. When it comes to using AI or any technology, it's all about finding a helpful way.
Speaker 4: To use it.
Speaker 5: If you are ready for interactive play learning time, explore our Lingo kids app. It offers fun and educational songs and games to help kids ages two and older learn and develop important skills such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
Speaker 2: Okay, Penelope, let's hear our story.
Speaker 3: Four friends went out to play eating ice cream on a sunny day. Hidan Seek was their favorite game, but a buzzing beat caused Cowie pane. Her friends were near, no need to worry. Ice and hugs made her feel less hurdy