Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne, the god Peace to the planet this Monday, Yes, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: Back to the work week, good money and what's happening? Were back from vacation? Yes, right back from vacation. What a great week? How was your week? What you do?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: You know, I was in my safe space, the beautiful, beautiful island, the vanguilla dropping the clues, Mom's van guilla. So I was there, got me a nice little tang. Okay, I mean so that's why unwinded, recharged, feel refreshed, and you know, it was crazy by Wednesday. That was there since last Saturday. Bout Wednesday, I felt a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. Oh, tell me about it. You get back to work. Wow. Wow, I couldn't believe it. I was like, yo, I'm actually missing being on it right there? You missed me, see, I mean, yeah, of course I'm not about my shoulder worker. He loves me.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I love my coworkers, and I love I love this cultural institution we've built called breakfast club, and I was like, wow, I actually missed being there. That's a good thing. That's a great thing. That's a good thing. That's a great thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't get a chance to go anywhere. I was supposed to do my car show last week and we had to push it back.
Speaker 2: So I was home.
Speaker 1: But I got a chance to do things that we usually don't get to do, like what watch TV? No, No, besides watch TV. But you know, because we work in the morning, we don't get a chance to take our kids to school. Well, I got a chance to take them to camp. I got to camp. I took him to camp every morning. I took my baby to daycare every morning. I got a chance to cook breakfast every morning. So those are the things.
Speaker 4: No, Nah, I do breakfast. I'm a mean breakfast cook. I do the French toes.
Speaker 1: I can do bacon, I could do sausage, eggs omelets, whatever.
Speaker 2: You want to do sausage. But I don't believe it right out the pack. No, it wasn't you heeded it up. I've you making it seem like you and they're just whipping stuff I did. I did. It's not true.
Speaker 1: And then one day my kids wanted French toast and there was no more bread, so I had to make French toast with bagels.
Speaker 2: That was amazing. They loved it. Now I was good, though I ain't nobody ever made no say nobody, but who does French bagels? Threw thick? Now I was mad. At the whole point, I was good. It was good.
Speaker 1: It was the bagels nicest. So I forgive you that French toast flavor of Jesus. Let's talk to the kids. Let's let's let's ask the kids what.
Speaker 2: They thought amazing.
Speaker 1: And then shouts salute to everybody that's stuck right now in the airports or trying to travel. So I was in North Carolina Saturday and I had a flight at nine am. I was in that airport from nine eight m to ten pm last night.
Speaker 2: Well saluted the airlines Jet Blue because I had no problems and Delta, I ain't had no problems leaving the country, had problems getting back in.
Speaker 1: It was I had to actually land at an airport that's forty five minutes away from here. I had to land in Westchester, which is far from here, and they had to drive back to another airport Laguard to get my car to go back home. But uh, there's a lot of people strand a lot of flights delayed yesterday because of the weather. They said, this weather over this weekend canceled and delayed so many flights. So if you're stuck you're trying to get out, I'll give you an airline a call, because they're saying a lot of these planes have been all these flights have been pushed back to three days.
Speaker 2: So it's pretty nasty out there. Yes, I feel sorry for you. I thank god none of our flights was stuck though. That's why we're here this morning on the Breakfast Club. Damnit.
Speaker 1: Well let's get the show crack and we got front page news. Next, Tesling figure will be joining us. You'll fell usten to everything that's happening, so you don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to the breakfast Club. Good morning, Owning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's j n V.
Speaker 1: Charlemagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. Let's getting some front page news.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: We got Tesslian Figure out head Tesling, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning dj MV and Charlemagne the God happy to be back.
Speaker 4: Yes, now some quick sports and on Major League Baseball, the All Star.
Speaker 2: Game is happening.
Speaker 1: Yesterday was the last game, so the All Star Game will be happening this weekend. So salute to all the All Stars out there. No, Aaron Judge pulled out because of a toe injury. Now let's talk about this. Judge considers releasing in unless January sixth rider arrested near Obama's home.
Speaker 2: What's going on with this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Update on this story.
Speaker 7: Federal prosecutor sold a judge Thursday.
Speaker 6: They are considering additional charges against an accused January sixth rioter who was arrested while looking for the Washington d C. Residents of former President Barack Obama. Now, the Justice Department is seeking to hold Taylor Toronto in custody pending trial because they believe he is a flight risk because he was living in his van, which contained a machete, a steering wheel lock, two firearms, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition on the day of his arrest. Now, the judge will decide on whether to retain him or not on January twelfth. Now, the deal with this story is the judge is wrestling with the decision to hold him because they say he's a US Navy veteran but he's been currently charged with only four misdemeanors, including knowingly entering the US capital and engaging in this early conduct more than two years ago. But while he was in President Obama's neighborhood, he filmed himself saying that he was on the hunt for interest points and he wanted to.
Speaker 7: Get a good shot, a good angle and a good shot.
Speaker 6: And so, according to the court documents, after Donald Trump posted Obama's address on social medi media, he said, we got these losers surrounded see you in hell. That's what Toronto said about Obama. So this is a really really disturbing story.
Speaker 2: So if Trump posted his address on social media, how come he's not being charged with docting because that's illegal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, just to get some clarit more context of that. So it was January twenty ninth when Donald Trump did post what he claimed to be Obama's address. He allegedly posted the address and then the guy headed over there. Now, as far as Trump getting into trouble does depend on your jurisdiction, they said, it depends on various factors. The intent behind the action sharing someone's address may not be necessarily illegal depending on where you are.
Speaker 8: But you have.
Speaker 6: If you're using information to harass, stop, threatened, or threaten someone, then that could certainly be illegal and lead to legal consequences. So I did some additional research research to see the difference in Florida and DC, and in Florida it is definitely, it definitely can be a criminal offense. So we'll see if this, you know, what comes out of this.
Speaker 2: I thought it was illegal to do it anywhere if you don't have the person's consent, Like you can't post somebody's email or well can you other personal information without their consent?
Speaker 1: Because it is kind of public knowledge, right because you can google a lot of these addresses, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it says literally it has the laws that protect individuals from harassment, stalking, and invasion a privacy. Under Florida law, harassment can be a criminal offense if someone posts if someone posts your address online with the intent to harass or imitate you, so intimidate you. So it's all about the intent, not necessarily just posting it. So it just depends on a lot of different you know, circumstances that are involved with this one. You can create a direct link, you know, to say, hey, he posted the address. This guy then retweets that information literally says, I'm going to you know, we have you surrounded. You know, we're talking about a clear cut case. So it's going to be really interesting to see, you know how this all plays.
Speaker 2: Out adopting the Trump the Trump's charges man, And do we find out that was cocaine? It was in the White House? Yet I was made about that on vacation the whole time.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 2: Who cocaine wasn't in the White House? We'll talk.
Speaker 4: I'm sure we'll talk about that next hour.
Speaker 1: But you know, the White House has so many damn cameras and nobody knows who cocaine.
Speaker 2: By the way, if y'all think that's the first time the white Horse was in the White House, y'all out your damn mine. All right, there's been in the White House at the beginning of the time. They had cocaine in the White House before it was adding Rihanna's makeup to it. Okay, Absolu and.
Speaker 6: I and I could do I mean, if you want to do a quick update on it. You know, again, cocaine was found in the White House. Secret Service agents found traces of the illegal narcotic and so they've been trying to figure out, you know, whose it is and was it dropped on a private tour? You know, was it any of the past So was it Hunter Biden?
Speaker 2: Was it Donald Trump?
Speaker 9: Junr?
Speaker 6: You know that's what the comments say. So we're gonna see what going on with that.
Speaker 2: It's the White House, it's it's Washington, d C. But it's elected officials, it's government workers. Like there's so many people cocaine in the White House. Yes, that's like somebody smoking weed in the White House. That's happened too. He's a humans we're talking about. You do realize that all those cameras everywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm sure this cameras in a bathroball.
Speaker 2: Clearly they knew where to go to sniff where ain't no cameras. Jesus. That's how you know it's been happening for years, was going this little room over here. Ain't no cameras over here, bro. And clearly somebody got startled because they just left left their pack right there. Somebody got had.
Speaker 1: To fall out of somebody's pocket, somebody went to grab their phone and it came right out of somebody.
Speaker 2: I just want to know, was it pure cocaine? Was it fifty three? Was Rihanna's makeup in it or not?
Speaker 1: I want to write and that is front page news. Test was seeing a little bit. Absolutely everybody else, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Tell us how your week was. Did you have vacation? How was your fourth We speak to the minute, So call us up right now again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: Hit us up right now.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five one. We want to hear from you. You want the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this still? I want to talk about this Britney Spears going after this pro ball player.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 11: All I got to say is.
Speaker 3: Brittany, Britney, you're just grace.
Speaker 8: You act like a groupie trying to chase the.
Speaker 12: Pro basketball player in the public place.
Speaker 2: Brittany, Brittany, George's grace pigture with the toe sucker.
Speaker 3: It's my birthday this month.
Speaker 8: I want you all be nice to me.
Speaker 12: I hope you all had a good holiday weekend.
Speaker 3: How y'all been, brothers?
Speaker 2: It's crazy how you just came in hot with no context. What if people don't know what you're talking about, sir, Well.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows that that's front page news.
Speaker 2: That's that's not true. You got to stop seeing that. Everybody doesn't know that story.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well you was on vacation, see, and you're so excited because whenever you mentioned sausage earlier before, you got all excited.
Speaker 8: So you ain't paying attention.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, shouldn't you be calling Way up with you? We don't like you over there?
Speaker 13: Ye, I'm talking to a Charla Man.
Speaker 3: Can I see you on TV with the Reverend Jakes. I'm saying, what is New York's number one cent a half of brain Charlomagne doing on TV with Reverence.
Speaker 2: Bishop TDJS is my man, and I'm a I'm a well versed individual, so I'm I'm the perfect balance of ratchetness and richness. But once again, you're not welcome here at the breakfast club. You calling the Way up with Angelouee? Okay, that wrong?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: I want to thank you guys very much. Man, father, I had cancer. You guys been preaching, man, been preaching to us, preaching to us check your body. Do. What you got to do is get me spread. And I want to thank you and I love you.
Speaker 2: Man oh man, congratulations my brother for catching it early.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it was, a kolonoscopy.
Speaker 3: I was fat or eat it. But you know, here's here's you know, you envy your type of person that can like get a toe chair ever go straight to the doctor. You know, Charlie made the type of dude that you know, you can come up something and look in the mirror, trying to make sure you guys to get that awareness. So I have to awareness. I started feeling something in my body. I was getty, but he's right now. So there from there which the ET and they told me I had cancer. So I'm at the city. I'm the land the man and getting it done and I taking care myself to mothers for you guys now will be where I'm at. This is kind of like really really really serious, and I want to thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Man. That's what we use the platform for. And I'm gonna tell y'all something. Man. We go to the we pay monthly on our healthcare plans, right, but a lot of us only go to the doctor once a year. That makes no sense. I'm paying every month, so take advantage of it. Yes, I am the type person. As soon as I feel a little something wrong, something lingers a little too long, I'm going to the doctor. I don't care if it's a cough, I'm going. I'm going today. How about that? What's wrong? I don't know?
Speaker 1: They said it's tennis elbow, you know, because I got it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It feels very, very tender in my elbow.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the doctor. I am I got to join me today. I'm not playing. To listen to your body, I do eight.
Speaker 1: Hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up right now. Phone lines to wide open. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait, whether you're man or.
Speaker 2: Black, time to get up and get something call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Mello, what up?
Speaker 3: Mellow? Yo? What's the word?
Speaker 2: NB?
Speaker 3: How you feeling? What's up? Uncle Sean? How you feeling?
Speaker 5: Peace?
Speaker 3: King?
Speaker 14: What up?
Speaker 2: Mellow? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Brother, brother show.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna hold you to address this like lst Green skinker tight like keep calling USh situation out of control?
Speaker 5: What do you make?
Speaker 3: What do you look like? Finding a woman the way you found her, and then when she continues to move like that, when you with her, you start complaining on social media? That is nuts.
Speaker 2: How was Kickybama moving?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's cool me, I don't. I don't know how she how was she moving?
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna hold you.
Speaker 3: She started wearing lesson going out more and then let us.
Speaker 5: Sing the her I should with it.
Speaker 3: That's why. That's why I matter that. But respectfully, you can't somebody and then trying to change and conform them. Michael already like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the reality is the reality of the situation is, man, when you're in a relationship, you just gotta be mindful of the other person's feelings, like nobody should be wanting to hurt nobody. They both publicly embarrassed each other. Yeah, absolutely, that's just that's just the morrow of the story. They both publicly embarrassed each other, and then then that's something they should have left off social media. I mean, yeah, but that's just something they should have left off social media. And I tell you one thing. If I'm planning to go to Usher's residency, me too. If Usher ever try to sing to my wife, he's gonna be singing to the both of us. My wife gonna grab his left hand, I'm gonna grab his right hand, and he's gonna be singing my boot to both of us. Got damn all right? Usher is a minis. That's who that That's who nobody really talking about in this whole situation.
Speaker 1: Well, you heard what Boosie said. She said, Usha is gonna take your girl tour.
Speaker 2: He been doing this for twenty plus years. The man literally said, don't leave your girl around me to play for Rik oh Man. Usha is a minace.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's is y'all?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 14: Yo?
Speaker 3: What's good?
Speaker 10: John?
Speaker 3: It's your boy?
Speaker 2: Dingo, dingo? What's up?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 4: Get her for your chest?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome, welcome back. First off? Yeah, I don't y'all wilder with the whole Usher situation. Y'all, do not go to this concert with your woman if you are nervous and insecure. But just get that out the way.
Speaker 2: No, it don't have nothing to do with it. No, dingo, No, dingo, we're gonna stop.
Speaker 3: This girl to no Usher, because he'd be on that. I don't got time. I know. We go and look, can Kee Palmer's boyfriend was not tripping. He had every white to be mad. That be out like that. It shouldn't have been out like that. She is a mother, a brand new mother.
Speaker 1: So now what a brand new mother needs some time to release some stress. You know, she's been there with the baby whole time. Is she want to go out and see USh? It is nothing wrong with that brother.
Speaker 3: No, she to stay home with the baby.
Speaker 2: Y'all having two different conversations though. I don't care about how Kecky Palmer was dressed. No, but that goddamn Usher putting his arms around her and grinding on her and her feet and into it. That's the problem. That's the problem. Watched I watched a bunch of different women all this week not fall for Usher's traps weed. He ain't fall for it. No, when he hollow in fall for it. Kiki fell for it. Usher know what he's doing. Usher is a minut God.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of ladies that fell for because he's been doing it for the last season. You know a year or so, and I'm with you, Charla Mane. If you know, I'm going to see Usher. And when me and the wife go see him, if Usher pull up, We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Sing in the bath, singing it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I promise you. You grab his left hand, I'm gonna grab his white hand. I like superstar. Two nigga, what's up? You're gonna sing to me? I want to serenade two? Okay, you little I don't want to go. I don't care if it's Usher, Rayman or the Usher or the usher at the church, don't know. Man. You want to see his woman getting grinding on by another man. That's it.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna talk about that next hour. Eight hundred five A five one oh five.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Usher pulled up, key key, They did a little and it seems like Kiki's man was pissed the f off. We're gonna talk about that next hour eight hundred five eight five one oh five.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back, got your room of report. We gotta talk about La man La will rob you for anything. We gotta talk about how you are you robbed?
Speaker 2: Tina Knowles? Well, Well, what I mean you rich people get robbed, Like, yeah, if you pouring this enfranchised you needed some money, you're gonna go rob the rich. That was it?
Speaker 1: That that this was this seems like this was calculated. We'll talk about it when we come back. And also Jamie Fox, we got some good news.
Speaker 2: It don't move. It's to the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 4: Let's talk threads.
Speaker 2: Or you've gossip been chatting.
Speaker 5: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This were the tea Spells.
Speaker 5: Right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: So I've seen a lot of people confuse, not really knowing what Threads is, or even seen young Miami say, what does this threads that you guys are talking of or speaking of? Well, it is Meta's new platform. It kind of arrivals Twitter, and it reached more than one hundred million users in five days. Threads is the fastest growing app in history. So it's very similar to Twitter. You can speak to people, people can follow you, you can say whatever you want to say.
Speaker 4: It's almost damn identical to Twitter.
Speaker 1: But there is no where Twitter's you know, caps on things that you can write and caps and things that you can say.
Speaker 4: Threads has no cap.
Speaker 1: But not only that, if you have an Instagram page, it's pretty easy to sign up. You just hit Threads and you use your same Instagram page, your same name, and it's pretty much easier to use.
Speaker 2: Not interested. I don't need any more social media discractions, you know. And I haven't been on Twitter in five six years. I mean I use Twitter, you know, for promotion, Like if I got like a book coming out of the you know, TV shit, it'll be the same thing for Threads, man, I can see that. I feel like everybody was just using Threads the way they.
Speaker 1: Was using Twitter. It is the same, It's exactly exactly the same. Only difference is, like I said, there's no caps where you can see. Elon Musk is putting caps on things to try to make money off of everything. Threads is just letting it open. And you say it's the.
Speaker 2: Fastest growing social media app Ever, that history why we so quick to make the rich richard but then complain about the rich. We'll complain about these billionaires, But there were these billionaires, you know, put out some new technology that's only gonna make their pockets better. We rushed to be consumers of said technology, and we never do that with black apps. By the way, you know what I mean. Salut the fan base. My man, Isaac Cay, the third Isaac has been out there with fan base for the longest. I don't see people rushing the you know, the beyond fan base. And I feel like there was something else before Threads. I feel like that they were saying it was I was going to call it brought to you by Afrotech or something. It was like the cookout. It was something like that. Wanted the cookout to the cookout. I remember the cookup something I remember I'm actually slooth the cookout. What was it? I feel like it was something else. I can't remember what it was, but it was. I feel like it was some type of app that they were pushing through afro Tech. But long story show, I adn't see people rushing the sign up for that the way they rushing to sign up for Threads now.
Speaker 1: Also, Tina Knowles, you know Beyonce's mom, and report he had more than a million dollars worth of jewelry and cash stolen after thieves broke into her a Los Angeles home. Now, she was reportedly out of town and they broke into her home. They believe on July fifteen, thirty am. They made off with an entire safe filled with valuables, and they're saying there are no leads in the case so far.
Speaker 2: Well that's horrible, okay, but damn it if they didn't pick the right house. They said the safet, there's a million dollars in the safe.
Speaker 4: That'sh yes, that's what.
Speaker 2: Somebody had to let them know that million dollars in therew You just don't randomly picked teen in noole's house and randomly go get that safe. That's what I randomly a million dollars in there, like Jesus Christ. That's the case. You should just be playing Powerball of mega millions, because hey, you never know, you got some good damn luck bro well.
Speaker 1: Also in La Damson Idris, after his home was burglarized, suspects took the safe and cause serious damage. They're saying that they went into his house, mashed the glass to get inside, and took a small safe. But they're saying the jokes on them because our sources say down only it was only only about five hundred dollars worth of stuff in that safe. They said they actually cost more money breaking into the house, saying that, you know, breaking the window and knocking down the door cost two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So maybe it's not inside job. Maybe they just breaking in the houses and going to grab safe. Yeah, but this safe seemed like it was a smaller safe. If she had a million dollars, and it wasn't just laying out somewhere. I'm sure it was hitting in the wall or hitting something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So if you live out in La, people's and I wonder why is burglary so big in LA?
Speaker 2: Is it that.
Speaker 5: Hospital the police?
Speaker 2: That's the rich people, rich people in New York.
Speaker 1: There's rich people in tex says the rich people in Florida's the rich people in Boston everywhere.
Speaker 2: It must be easier to get to the rich people houses in LA then, or is it hard easier to find I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think they were saying one time, it's it's more difficult for the police to get to the people's houses because I guess it's more spread apart.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: And in some good news.
Speaker 1: Jamie Fox was spotted in public for the first time since being hospitalized. Now he's fifty five years old. He was seen on a yacht on the Chicago River on Sunday afternoon. They said he was smiling and waving at people as he passed by. So that's a good thing. So salute to Jamie Fox. Looks like he's doing a whole lot better.
Speaker 2: Dropping the clues bombs for Jamie Fox. Happy for that brother, And I'm happy that he's not the under no pressure to tell the public what his condition was, what his condition is right, what his healing process is. Nobody like, what what does it matter if you tell us or that I mean, I want you to go do what you gotta deal in order to heal. And you know, you pop back out and tell us your story when you want to, or if you even want to. That's right, it's none of our business, that's right. Just happy that that man's healthy, that's right.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that is your rumor report.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back, we got front page News Teslin figure out will be joining us and we're gonna take it.
Speaker 2: Calls eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: We've seen everything that happened with Keiki Palmer and her Man and Ussia. Right now, if you don't know she went to an Usher concert, Usha you know does what Usha does? He you know, pulled her, you know, pulled her up, got her up, started singing to her, and people saying she got a little extra.
Speaker 2: So we'll take your calls and tell us what you wait to discuss, all right, eight hundredll minutes in this situation is Usher Raymond the Fourth? All right?
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 2: So what you're gonna do with us?
Speaker 1: You know when you and your your wife told you what I'm gonna do, and he grabs a hand and starts singing, I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna grab Usher's left hand, my wife gonna grab Usher's right hand, and he gonna saturday both of us. Okay, I love your music to Usher. All right, you're gonna sing my boot to both of us. All right, you're gonna look me your eyes. That's what you're That's right, you'll see, all right, little.
Speaker 4: Kinky, But all right, we'll talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 2: Don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Go Morning on BT. Everybody is d j n V. Charlemagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news. We got testling figure, go back with us.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Guys, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about this maid that launched an artificial intelligence chat bot for his presidential campaign.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 6: Yes, Charlemagne will appreciate this story. A super pac supporting Miami Mayor Francis Soarez, who's running for the Republican presidential nominee. He has launching artificial intelligence chat bots to answer questions about him.
Speaker 7: There is an example of.
Speaker 2: How the AI tools.
Speaker 6: This is yet another example of how the AI tools will be used in the twenty twenty four presidential campaign. Now, the bot was unveiled by SOS American pack and it listens to users questions and matches them with video answers.
Speaker 7: The bot's mouth moves in a way that is not quite.
Speaker 6: Human like, but it says things like Hi, I'm Mayor Suarez and I am running for president.
Speaker 2: How could I help you?
Speaker 6: Some of the questions did stomp the bot, prompting the screen to read sorry.
Speaker 2: I did not understand.
Speaker 6: So now they are literally using these AI bots to pretend to be presidential candidates. So let's you tell you what we can look forward to in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing to me how humans are just given their lives away to robots. Like, at the end of the day, our brains are the only thing that separates us from artificial intelligence. So why would you let artificial intelligence think for you and.
Speaker 5: Talk for you?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: Why why just give why just give your life away to a robot? I'm not with that now.
Speaker 1: Let's also talk about these obese passenger complaining about two ticket purchase policy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting story.
Speaker 6: I wanted you guys feedback on this to see what people think about plus sized travelers who are saying, you know that airline policies requiring them to get extra seats is discriminatory. So there is an influencer by the name of jaylen Cheney and she has brought this to folks attention to say that she should not have to pay for twice for the same not have to pay for her body would receive. She is asking folks to sign a petition to say that, you know, this should be something that is regulated across the board that allows you know that it's gonna I guess do fairness for folks who are more really obese. Right now, there's various airlines that some charge, some do not. Sometimes they give the money back, you know, if they see that the second seat is empty. So I tried to look up a couple different policies to see, you know, was there something uniform across the board. And so that's what she's fighting for, asking for something uniform across the board so that people don't have to pay extra. And critics are saying that if the passengers not paying extra, then it will fall on the taxpayers.
Speaker 7: So you guys travel a lot.
Speaker 6: I am a Southwest as Charlemagne calls the Greyhound bus and the sky by the way, shout out the Southwest. None of my flights were canceled last week. But what do you guys think about obese customers having to pay an additional charge?
Speaker 1: See as a frequent flyer, you know, I'm a million mil or Delta shout to Delta. I understand what they're saying, because if you sit this next to somebody obese, they're taking your seat as well, like some of their legs, some of their ads, some of the they're taking some of your seat. So they should have to, you know, I would say kicking on that other seat because you don't have a full seat if you're sitting next to them. But on the other side, maybe the airplane should make the seats a little bigger for obese people so that way they won't have that problem.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's discriminatory at all. I think it's common sense. If you're too big to fit in the seat and you got to take then the seat, yeah, then you should have to purchase the amount of seats you need. And wouldn't you want to be comfortable to You're not going to be comfortable as a big person sitting in one seat, So not only are you not comfortable, the person next to you isn't comfortable. So you should have to purchase the amount of seats you need if you are a bigger person. That to me, that's just common sense.
Speaker 6: Well, the argument also is that more than forty one percent of the US population is ob so again they can change, you know, like Mby suggested, maybe make the seats larger on all planes. But then again that would be less passengers that can fly, which would mean you require more It's a trickle down effect. You need more planes. We're talking about more delay, you know, all of those things. It's not just a matter of changing this.
Speaker 1: Is going to sound crazy larger, or have an O B section where there's a certain area in the in the in the plane where the seats are bigger for bigger people, you know, just like they have you know, like they hold certain seats for handicap just because they have handicap, because it's easier for people to get in and out, and they have first class seats. So have a I don't want to call it an O B section, but a section where there are seats on the plane that are bigger for people that are a little bigger.
Speaker 2: Why why should the planes have to change though? Like like like why can't the plus size because forty percent of the population is big, So make a change in your diet, make a change in your habits. Like whenever you want to fit into a nice outfit, you can lose weight to fit into that nice outfit. So why not lose weight to fit into a plane seat?
Speaker 1: Because it's not just a small percentage, this is a large percentage of America is big.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are we doing here? What did Michelle Obama have a whole campaign about dieting and that's not healthy?
Speaker 1: And that's like designing a car. When you design a car, you don't design it for a small population. You designed it for the mask. So the sea I'm designed.
Speaker 2: If I'm designing for the mask, then I'm not designing it for the forty one percent. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I mean it's sixty forty percent is a lot of people and a lot of it's a small percent.
Speaker 2: You said the mask you're designed, this would be the mask in that situation.
Speaker 1: You designed the seats for the bigger population because forty one percent is the bigger populate.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a big population problem. No, you just the country. To get your whole point. If if you said I'm designing things for the mask, the mass would be that fifty nine percent, Well with forty one percent is a huge population as well, they are is not population? That's the whole point of the conversation. And are you not following? Shut up?
Speaker 6: I do want to say this Air New Zealand they are doing a study of survey right now where they're actually having people wave themselves before they get on the plane.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're trying to see.
Speaker 6: They're trying to see and they said the number doesn't pop up in front of everybody, But they're trying to, you know, do a study to see you know, doesn't make a difference. You know, could they make a difference if people are heavier because they got to look at baggage, they got to carry cargo, you know, is it.
Speaker 5: A safety issue?
Speaker 6: So I think this story is going to keep popping up, So Air New Zealand they're weighing folks now.
Speaker 2: So damn well, salute to everybody out there that's on on the heavier side. You know, I would think that y'all would want to be comfortable when y'all get on plane.
Speaker 1: But it's expensive, like you know, like five hundred dollars and now you spend on thousand dollars to get to Florida.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a lot. It is expensive. You know it is expensive. But guess what, So it's being obese because after a while, when you get older, you know, there's gonna be a lot of health issues that happened you adopted. Your doctor eventually is gonna tell you there's a lot of things that you need to change about your lifestyle and your diet, and that too gets expensive. So I just don't understand, you know, why not you know, make some of those choices.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, well that is Front Page News. Thank you, Teslin figure O. We appreciate you as absolutely solute to be e t and.
Speaker 2: Make sure you check out Teslin Figure's podcast, a straight Shot, No Chase of podcast on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast Network. Go subscribe to it right now and follow her on Instagram and Twitter at Teslin figure O.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We're talking Keyky Palmer and her boyfriend, her Man was upset that. You know, she was dancing with us here and USh was serenading on and you know she put her arm around Ush's neck.
Speaker 2: How would you feel, fellas if that was your girl?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, and women would you do that? Is that disrespectful? Let's have a conversation this morning. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 1: Called eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion.
Speaker 5: With the Breakfast Club. Talk about it.
Speaker 1: Warning, everybody's dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us we're taking your calls about Kiki Palmer, her boyfriend, and of course Usher, if you don't know what happened. You know, Usha does his residency in Vegas. Hopefully we I get to go to this residency this month. But as he was doing the Kiki Palmer was there, and Usha has I guess a routine where if he sees a celebrity, you know, he'll go up to them and serenade him. Well after the same with Kiki Palma. He you know, grabed Keky Palmer's hand. But you know Kiki Palma, she you know, she dove right in with him, she know, put her hand around his neck and grinded and danced and even did a little little sexy walk. And Kiki Parma's husband was upset about it, you know. And we're just asking what are your thoughts? Eight hundred and five eight five one to.
Speaker 2: One, what are my thoughts? My thoughts? Is the real culporate and this is Usher riom in the fourth White say that all right, I know some of y'all got smoke for Kiki boyfriend, and some of y'all got smoke for Kiki, but us, your room in the fourth is the real villain. And all of this salute to the good brother Carlos Miller. We had a whole discussion about this over the vacation man, and we have determined that Usher needs to be held accountable for what he's doing to these households. Usher told us twenty two years ago, don't leave your girl around me, true player, for real, that's my for real okay, And he's been acting that out since then. The man walks around the residency scouting on a straight search and destroy mission and looking for women to find so he can pull them out of the crowd, serenade them and destroy their households. You know what us you could do. All you had to do is all you gotta do is say where all the single ladies at? And then the single ladies will scream and he can go to the single lady. You know what, he don't do that. You know what, we ain't seen them serenade a single lady, right, could you think about it?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: Who usually goes to see us?
Speaker 2: Like, oh, let's go to her.
Speaker 1: Else go out and see Usher all the couple So so now you leave your man at home. Now you're about you get a little tipsy, get a little drunk, Usher, come you get a little dance now you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: That that's what I'm saying. Usher got to do it, Say where the single lady's at and he could go serenade the single ladies. That man purposely serenading Kiki Palma. That man purposely serenaded Suwedi know she got here with with yg now when he hollow had to sit on her man's lot. That's right to protect herself from that goddamn minute ussher. Raymond the fourth, Usher is the real villain. And all of this that Mi Kiki's boyfriend is getting unnecessary slander. Kiki is getting unnecessary slander. She's she's a mom. She can dress however she want if she want to. And you know, she don't need to be publicly embarrassing her boyfriend. But her boyfriend don't need to be publicly embarrassing her either. But that's for them to discuss within their household. What we need to be talking about people, what's that Usher Raymond the fourth Because I'm telling you right now, when me and my wife go see Usher, I dare Usher to try to come serenade my wife because he gonna be seenading to both of us. I'm gonna tell her grab the right hand. I'm gonna grab the left hand, and we both gonna be Usher's boot when he's singing my boot. That's hear me. That's gonna be a little weird, you hear me. Okay. I like Superstar two Watcher, I like Knights and Slow to wash Up. Okay, I like that. Go my baby to.
Speaker 5: Cruise in the street. We both go, all three of us.
Speaker 2: Gonna be cruising the streets. All right, okay, all right, Hello.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 12: This Nicia from Miami.
Speaker 2: Hey, mama from Miami. What's your thoughts, mama?
Speaker 12: Well, on the Tiki Parma on situation.
Speaker 15: That's I mean, come on, man, it's tiky Palmer and that's what that means.
Speaker 3: Down.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, y'all gotta stop saying that. I gotta stop saying. I'm hearing people say that all week, talking about it's just entertainment. They both entertainers that don't work. Okay, because I think.
Speaker 15: About it entertainment business for years.
Speaker 2: I don't care that doesn't work. And I'll tell you why it don't work. Remember when back in the day, when I used to be in here being a per rop with every woman that was a guest on the show. Damn there, I don't remember that. I can't. I can't go on home and say that's all entertainment with my wife on my as. But let's change it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure these women would have a problemmember with Janet Jackson used to put these guys on stage and split their legs open and grind on them.
Speaker 2: But they have a problem with that will depend how the man acts. If the man is doing too much, if the man is going crazy, you know what I'm saying, you know, while he's on stage with Janet. Yeah, if it's just like a little simple dance, you know what I mean, simple dance. This is like lap dancing. It depends, man. I think it depends on how the man reacts to the lap dance. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: This is hey Christa, good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning. This is the first time I actually got to reach you guys, and it's such a great topic.
Speaker 3: I appreciate everything that you guys.
Speaker 2: Do and I thank you. What's your problem? And her boyfriend in Arsha Kiki wasn't wrong.
Speaker 12: You can't tell her that, Oh I deserve a traditional woman and this is what I traditionally need you didn't traditionally marry her before you.
Speaker 3: Knocked it up.
Speaker 1: I ain't talking about all that part. That's that's none of my business. I'm talking about.
Speaker 15: But the Alpha wasn't wrong.
Speaker 2: No, the outfit was fine. I ain't got no problem with the Alpha.
Speaker 1: But what what about Kiki grinding on Usher and all that that? That that would have a problem if you you wouldn't mind if your man was grinding on Janet Jackson on stage.
Speaker 2: That's what we're gonna do the Usher. That's what we're gonna start doing the Usher. If Usher want to be a minist and Usher wants to be out here on search and destroy missions, searching out women in the crowd, that he who got a man so he can destroy that household. Guess what, fellas, take your power back? N all right? When Usher comes over the starenage of woman, you jump right into the frame too.
Speaker 5: What right?
Speaker 2: So now, so now you're gonna throw it back on Usher? Yes, yes, I told you. I like Usher music too. I think Usher is one of the greatest to ever do. It is getting with Okay, Usher gotta be top three the artists of all time. I'll pay for it. I'll pay this. We all love Usher, So kings take your power back. When Usher comes to sarenage your girl? Boy? Boom, what's up U? S HB right? This thinging you? H r r A y m O. Indeed, what will do with me? Feel like I'm right here baby? Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: We're talking Kiky Palmer and Usher.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts? Her man is upset? Was he wrong to be upset? Or is Usher the real villain? Usha is the villain? Can we get to talk us just on that?
Speaker 5: What us saw play?
Speaker 2: You might as well play after the night. Don't leave your girl around me? And you playing for real because you're forgetting who this man is? Okay, I love Usher, Well, let's not forget. Don't leave your girl around him? He told us in two thousand and one he did. It's the breakfast clevermore right? That was Ussher. You don't have to call winning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club that minutes is hiding in plain sight.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining we're talking about Usha all right, Kiki Palmer and her boyfriend. If you don't know what happened Kiki Palma went to Usher's residency.
Speaker 2: Usha.
Speaker 1: You know, he has a part of the show where he finds celebrities of women and pulls the mountain and semenades him. Well, this to Kiki's boyfriend didn't like it or her baby daddy didn't like it, had a problem.
Speaker 2: So we're asking what your thoughts and why can't that man feelings be hurt? I wouldn't care if it was Usher Raymond or the Usher from the church. Don't know, man want to see his woman grinding up all over another man, and I'm sure women don't want to see the man grinding all up over another woman, So why can't he be upset? I wouldn't have expressed it over social media. Nope, you know what I mean. But I'm not letting any of that distract me from the fact that the real villain in this situation is Usher Raymond the fourth Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this Hi?
Speaker 12: This is Ebony from Houston.
Speaker 2: Heyd morning. Look at you. I can hear the lust than your voice. You can't wait to go to an Usher concert?
Speaker 12: Well, I called and guys, just to do a quick comment.
Speaker 15: I viewed the video.
Speaker 12: It looks like Palmer was having a great time.
Speaker 3: She was with her girls.
Speaker 12: Looked like it was a girl's Las Vegas trip. But I as usher was thinking, Actually, Kiki Palmer approached him and she actually put her arms around him, and you could tell he was kind of being hesitant, and then she's come, so she wanted to show her body off. That's where it just went wrong for me. So I think her boyfriend or fiancee, whoever he is, he was wrong. He should have stayed that for at home. But Kiki was in the wrong. I think she was doing way too much and I don't agree with how she behaved in All Vegas.
Speaker 1: And you know what the other villain is. The other villain is social media, right, because if there was no social media, this wouldn't be a problem, this wouldn't be a situation. He wouldn't have been embarrassed. This would have just been a conversation and that would have been it.
Speaker 12: Right, That's correct. But Key had to understand she's a celebrity and camera for everywhere, and let's keep her real. I mean, I'll get married for twenty years, but if I'm going to make it for my girlfriends, you know what I'm saying. But you have to know that the time that we live, you cannot do that anymore.
Speaker 2: And let's be clear, Usher is not just a celebrity, He's an icon. He is, all right, Ladies love Usher like Usher is like a He's not even like a real person at this point. I mean, he is a real person, but he's one of these people that are so lodged in life that he don't even seem like a real person. So that person is in front of you, serenading you, You're probably gonna lose it. I'm telling us, don't fall victim to the charm that is us er raiment that's right, okay.
Speaker 4: I mean we've seen us show we can go and I say, you get a little hot and fluster.
Speaker 2: You ain't see that at all she did. That's not even remote a little hot and fluster. That's not even remotely I respect us, though, Hello, who's this? Even though he's a villain.
Speaker 15: How you doing j this year?
Speaker 1: Hey Sierra, good morning. We're talking about USh Palma. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 15: With the Palma things? I think she should be able to wear what she wants to wear. I mean I don't have to events either, but mom, but and I wish I did I wish I but it looks good.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 4: Now we're not talking about her clothes. She could wear whatever she wanted to wear.
Speaker 1: She just had a baby, she feeling us, She could wear whatever she wants me talking about.
Speaker 2: I will say one thing about the mom thing. But if you're a mom and you have a daughter, that's a certain age. If your daughter is wearing revealing clothes or clothes that show too much skin, and you chastise her about it, or you tell her, hey, man, you need to you know, put something else on. You were you know, you kind of got to follow that same law.
Speaker 1: Now, but you're a grown ass woman. Your daughter's a child.
Speaker 2: Lead by example.
Speaker 1: But but she's a grown ass woman. She could do what she wanted to do. She just had a baby.
Speaker 2: You lead by example. I'm with you, But you lead by example. You know what I'm saying. I'm just saying you don't want to.
Speaker 3: Do you do?
Speaker 15: But I also think it may be, you know, even though you're wearing something as well, it's how you carry yourself on top of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's that's the second thing. And how she was you know, danced with usher. But as a mom, she just had a baby. Her body snap back, she's feeling good. This might be the first time she's out with her friends after having that baby. She want to have a little fun.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no problem with it. With all of that distractions from the fact that the real villain in this situation is Usher raym in the fourth All right, y'all got way too much smoke for Kiki boyfriend, way too much more for Kiki. But Usher Raymond is just getting the Usher Rayman in the fourth is just being let off the hook and all of this.
Speaker 3: Hell, who's this just doown?
Speaker 2: Hey, damn naptown? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 3: Hey, it ain't no picket to me, I think. I think the brother just says secure, made sure they wouldn't have bothered me a Kiki war of that, nor Usher it's the same thing.
Speaker 14: Let Ericabad start dropping that thing on the stage.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of being to start buying tickets and women being the same situation.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you lying to yourself, if your if your wife or your baby mama, your woman was wearing that out here with Kiki and was grinding on another man, you would not be okay with it. Cut it out.
Speaker 11: I didn't.
Speaker 14: I didn't see your grinding, brothers.
Speaker 3: I just think her groove.
Speaker 2: You see, I were grooving. If your woman was grooving with another man, you would not be okay with it. And by the way, that's fine. I just wouldn't take it to social media. Me and my wife would have a conversation amongst each other, like, don't embarrass me. You know, my ego fragile, just like I'm sure a woman's ego is fragile. We just don't know what it is that would set a woman.
Speaker 5: Off right rag you know what's home?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 3: Your man?
Speaker 14: Okay, I believe you never interest you when you're own an apology and your action. You got to give an apology. So my man should have never played and stuff like that. He should have waited.
Speaker 10: Till she got home and said, Yo, that's like you.
Speaker 14: Made me talking about this out here or who ever.
Speaker 3: Played me like that? Again? I agree, And when the public would.
Speaker 10: Ask him something, I would have been like, Yo, my.
Speaker 3: Wife looked beautiful.
Speaker 14: I told her she can go out there and do whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm glad she had fun.
Speaker 10: But one thing for sure, he should have known. He should have been like yo, knowing No, you're not wearing that.
Speaker 14: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He should have afterwards.
Speaker 10: He should have been like.
Speaker 14: Yo, don't play it like that.
Speaker 3: No more.
Speaker 10: Who treat man wouldn't want him to doing that.
Speaker 14: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And listen, that man was at home with the kids. She probably came to him and said, Yo, me and the girls going out this weekend. He's flying evasions. He was like, that's cool, I had the baby, you know what I mean. I think the main problem here is that he decided to match energy because his feelings were hurt, you know what I mean, because she was out there doing whatever she was doing with us in that moment, and instead of just him saying, Yo, that hurt my feelings to see you screaming over that man like that, he decided to make energy. So he got publicly embarrassed. But he decided to publicly embarrass her. And that's where they are. That's where I think they all both fell short. But I don't think there's a right or wrong in this situation. I just think they both publicly embarrassed each other. But let's not let that distract us from the fact that the real villain in this situation is Ussher, Raymond, the fourth Usher needs to be held accountable for what he's doing the people's households. Okay, he told her twenty two years ago, don't leave your girl around me. That man be on straight search and destroy missions at those residencies. He's searching out women who are in relationships and he's destroying happy homes. Ussher, all you gotta do is say where all my single ladies at and then go sarenade them. Don't have no You got Woody Hollow jumping in her man lat Okay, you got Kiki paulm and her husband, her boyfriend or baby daddy whatever he is beefing at the house. You know what I'm saying. So Weed, he played it right. So Weedy just sat there, cool, calm and collected. She didn't fall victim to your charm, Usher Raymond. But now let me ask your question. Now, what does that do for?
Speaker 10: Is red?
Speaker 1: Now any girl that goes with their man, you gotta have a conversation now before Esha comes to sings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what that conversation is. But what we gonna do when Usher come to serenade us, ain't no, ain't no come when he comes to serenade you. What we gonna do when Usher comes to serenade us?
Speaker 1: Yo, you know what's the what's the dude? Salt Baby remember what salt Bay used to put the steak in women's mouth. That's right, he tried to put in my wife's mouth. I went and jumping with that steak.
Speaker 2: You ain't. You're not going to so. So you're saying that you're gonna bite us your meat when Usher comes over to serenade your wife. Never mind, Usher, get ready to have security take va. I'm not gonna do all that, but I am gonna grab your left hand and my wife's gonna grab your right, and you're gonna serenade the both of us. Okay, and I want lovers and friends too. That's the song, all right, that's the song I want you to serenade us with.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, when we come back, we got to talk about Britney Spears being backhanded.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that happening out.
Speaker 1: In Vegas as well, a lot of stuff going on in Vegas. We'll get you that when we come back as the Breakfast Club on bechst Owning everybody, it's DJ n V Charlamagne the guide. We are the Breakfast Club. Good morning, back from vacation. Hopefully you guys are feeling good out there. I want to salute to HBCU and y Classics. So it's a classic that they used to do it a long time ago and they finally brought it back to New York City and I've been working with them for a while to be a part of it and to do a bunch of events. So if you're from New York, there's no HBCU close to New York City. In New Jersey, right there's Morgan State, which is in Maryland. Of course, Howard at d C. There's Virginia Union is Hampton, and there's not too many schools. So when I do these classics, it's usually in Orlando. There's a classic in Alabama, there's one in Jacksonville. So we got a chance to actually bring a classic back to New York City. So every year we're going to do this huge football classic. This is just for the HBCUs. This year is More House versus Albany State. Both of those schools, of course, are out in Atlanta. And it's not just about the schools, it's about everything. It's going to be a week activities. It's gonna be the bands, it's gonna be step shows. There's gonna be a career fair. UH, there's gonna be all types of uh financial literacy programs. There's gonna be a bunch of things for kids, for alumni, and for so many different students. So the game is September sixteenth at MetLife Stadium, and again it's more House versus Albany State. We're gonna try to do this each and every year to try to bring the HBCU Classic back here because there's so many alumni from this area, but a lot of times they can't travel to homecoming or they can't make it to the classics in Orlando or Alabama. So we're bringing the Classic here. So they didn't they do one last year? Who was it's the same one that did last year? And more House I went to it last year, so that's state? Was it more House in that SA state?
Speaker 14: May?
Speaker 2: I know? With more House?
Speaker 4: And somebody was more House and Howard mo House and Howard you.
Speaker 2: Went to it, But I don't remember who I remember. I remember more House was playing my man. But carry tell us he's the one who invited me. He's a more house Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we try to do it each and every year. Every year we're trying to do different schools. So we'd love to get Well, you didn't go to a HBCU.
Speaker 2: I am a I have a do minerary doctorate from South Carolina State University. My mama's alma mart that dropped on the clues bomb for se State. I am doctor Bernard McKelvey, doctor Charlamagne to God, don't ever forget that.
Speaker 1: So I want to try to do that each and every year, be a part of it, and try to bring these schools here to New York, New Jersey area and make it, like I said, a week in the thing. So it's gonna be tailgating, it's gonna be all the fraternity sororities, and we want all the schools to come out and have tables and really show the kids what the HBC looks like if they can never experience a homecoming. We're gonna be doing day and night parties. It's gonna be a week of events. We're gonna do a PEP rally, so it's gonna be a lot of things. So the game is September sixteenth, and.
Speaker 2: I think New York has one HBC, does it. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: It's in Medga versus Medaga. Ever, College is not an HBCU.
Speaker 2: It's not. Let me devel check. Thought it was. No, I don't think so, not at all. Okay, let me check. Though it's named after a black person, Medgar. Ever, I thought it was an HBC college. Let me see.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a public college in New York City. It's not an HBCU.
Speaker 1: I knew that there's no HBCU in New York, which I always thok was strange, not even upstate, nowhere around. So I'm just trying to bring that feeling back here because, like I said that, the only reason I went to HBCU is that was my mother and father's dream. They wanted me to go to more House. That was their dream. And then I've seen after, I've seen a different world. I wanted to go to Hampton because it reminded me of Hampton.
Speaker 2: Why did it say it's an HBC or says the Mega Evers College is in HBC You located in Brooklyn, New York.
Speaker 4: No, this is Mega Evers College is a public college in New York City.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at College of PC. You connect though, So I don't know. No, it's not a damn HBCU. Oh no it's not. I'm a doctor, not an HBCU scholar.
Speaker 4: Then I'm looking at all the students. All the students look white.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't mean anything now anywhere, No, especially after firm of the vacum stuff. Okay, all right, when we come back, we got to talk about Britney Spears. Now she was allegedly backslapped, and we'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 2: Mister breakfast club, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, owing everybody at DJ env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the roomors, let's talk Britney Spears.
Speaker 2: Out of name or you gossip when you chatting God.
Speaker 5: This is the Ruber Report.
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess we on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 5: Right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is why sometimes you just have to wait for video and you have to wait for the truth.
Speaker 2: Right, So there was.
Speaker 4: This, uh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Now, allegedly Britney Spears got slapped by the brother's name is I'm gonna mess up his name. I've been trying to get his name right here, his last name his last name looked like a line at the eye doctor chart, Victim we Yama. Of course he plays for the Spurs. He just got drafted, the number one draft pick. He was walking through Vegas and a woman who he didn't know walked up behind him and said she said she tapped him, and when she tapped him, the security card allegedly.
Speaker 4: Turned around and slapped it ish out of her.
Speaker 1: Now this is even so crazy because TMZ spoke to somebody that actually said he saw what happened, and this is what he said.
Speaker 13: Wenby was walking into the area heading to catch when and there was a fan who afterwards we found out was Britney Spears, was approaching him with a British accent, saying excuse me, sir, excuse me sir, and just kept trying to go towards him. When eventually he was heading when Wemby and and his entourage were heading into the restaurant where to catch That's when Brittany sort of infiltrated her way into this circle and one of his bodyguards gave her a backhand slap across the face.
Speaker 1: Now, the reason I played that part is because that's what was the story that was going around. It was Brittany using the British accent. Britney Spears using the British accent. I guess that's what he was saying. But she said he said Britney Spez, you know, tapped him in then the security guard backslapped. But then the surveillance video came out. And when the surveillance video came out, it was Britney speA. She did run up on him. Now the player, I don't want to say his name. We're on Victor.
Speaker 4: When Banyama he was walking, she tapped him on what.
Speaker 2: You pronounced his name wrong the first time, then again wrong the second time. I don't know if you be honest with you, I don't know if it might be right.
Speaker 1: But Victim, when ben Yama he was walking out out the restaurant, she tapped him on his uh. I guess it would be his back because she can't reach his shoulder. And all the security guard did was slap her handle with And she ain't just tapped.
Speaker 2: She came running up. That woman was running up damn near full speed. Okay, and security reacted and they did their job. Security did exactly what they were supposed to do. They did nothing wrong. They were supposed to do. In fact, they could have did worse because if someone's running up behind the person, which she did, she ran up behind him and security caught it just in time. Security could have reacted way worse than that, right, Knock it off. So they tried to make him look bad. They tried to make his security look bad. But actually they did what they were supposed to do. That's why he's hired security. If that wasn't Britney, y'all wouldn't care. If that was anybody else. If that was just some you know, random fan who did that, y'all would y'all would be saying security did their job right, Okay, Britney spears or not. You don't run up behind nobody. We don't know who you are. You just come running up behind does now? Knock it all? Security did their job now.
Speaker 1: Las Vegas Police announced Friday that the security guard would not be charged an incident and said, brittany hand hit her own face all right. Now, we got to congratulate the brat. Congratulate the brat, the brat. The brat. The brat is a mom. Her and wife Jessica welcomed a baby boy. It weighed the boy weighed seven pounds eight out of and measured twenty inches. So congratulations to the.
Speaker 2: Brat and everybody good. The Brat, everybody good. Everybody's good dropping the clues BOMD for them. Man, the way the black maternal death grade is set up in this country. Whenever I hear of his sister having a healthy birth, you know, and living through it, and you can't do nothing but salute that.
Speaker 1: All right now, the baby's name is true a legend, Harris d Part only moments.
Speaker 2: Away from baby boys coming into this world.
Speaker 5: And you are very nervous.
Speaker 12: This is the first time.
Speaker 3: I've ever seen you that nervous.
Speaker 4: I think I'm happy every Friday.
Speaker 15: So it's good nervous here, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Say hey, Ali, what you do now?
Speaker 3: I'm getting ready to have a baby.
Speaker 2: How you feel fair.
Speaker 14: Biology project?
Speaker 1: Yeah, such a beautiful moment. So salute again to the Brat. Congratulations is the true legend, that's not like a Clovid line. And last, I just want to say salute to Kevin Hart. Kevin Hart's Heartbeat teams up with be Et to bring back comic View.
Speaker 2: And when Lunelle was up here, Guess co hosting birtha Clubs. She said, Comic View is something that needs to come back there. That's right, be Et. So I agree, especially now with the writers strike happening, and you know, I think the actors are about to go on strack. They're gonna need a whole lot of unscripted content. That's right.
Speaker 1: They're recorded most of it, a lot of it. This weekend in Vegas, July sixty to ninth, Dura Heart's Birthday was hosted by Mike Epps. The all new episodes of Coming View was recorded in front of a live studio audience. Thomas Davidson, DC, Young Fly, Brisha webb t I, Tony Robbins.
Speaker 2: Just to name a few. So I look forward to seeing that. I tried to watch cav special over the vacation because his new comedy special came out Reality Check. But it's on Peacock, and I didn't know Peacock not available out the country. Oh, it's only available in America. Okay, yeah, all right, Well that is your rumor report. Now, who are you giving that? Donkey two man four after the hour man. We need three despicable humans to come to the front of the congregation. They all happen to be from Florida, by the way, but they work for TSA. Okay, TSA is supposed to be watching us, but clearly we should be watching the TSA.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss, all right, We'll get to that next and don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, wwpr F MHD one New.
Speaker 7: York iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're telling them watch out for Florida, Maloria. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx in all of Florida. Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 16: The Florida man attacked and atm for a very strange reason.
Speaker 4: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 6: Florida man is arrested after w said he rigged the door to his home in an attempt to electric hit his present right.
Speaker 4: Police arrested at Orlando man.
Speaker 2: For talking to some mendaw the Breakfast club bitch you donkey O the day with Charlam Hayne to gud. I don't know why y'all keep lettinghim get y'all like this. Take a whole week off from Florida's still tripping donkey Today from Monday, July tenth goes to Joshu Gunzalees, Elizabeth Fooster and Labarious Williams Okay, boll y'all got some names on y'all all right? Their age is a twenty twenty two and thirty three years old, and they all work at Miami International Airport in the great state of Florida. What does young Uncle Shawla always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. I honestly am only doing this donkey to shae thieves, Okay, to shame people that steal, all right. See, these three individuals work at TSA. We all know who TSA is, right, the Transportation Security Administration. They are the reasons we all feel so secure and yet so frightened that at the airport's all right, secured because we know nobody is walking around the airport with no weapons on them, but frightened because you never feel quite clean when you're going through TSA, no matter how many times you check your bag, you're just wondering if you completely clean. All right, But in Miami, at Miami International Airport, TSA shouldn't be the ones watching us. We should be the ones watching TSA because all three of these TSA workers have been arrested after the authorities said they were caught on cameras stealing from passengers during security screenings. What would you say news report was, Eddie. Let's go to CBF for the report. Please.
Speaker 16: A trio of TSA officers facing charge accused of stealing from passengers at MIA. Police say Liberious Williams, Josue Gonzalez, and Elizabeth Feuster were seen on surveillance video working together to distract travelers at the security checkpoint in Congcourse E and then steal from their belongings. In one of the incidents, they took six hundred dollars from Patnger's wallet during the screening process, according to investigators. The TSA issuing this statement to CPS News Miami, the Transportation Security Admission Administration holds its transportation security officers to the highest professional and ethical standards and has no tolerant from his conduct in the workplace. Any employee who fails to meet our fundamental ethical standards is held accountable.
Speaker 2: I mean this would all due disrespect. These three are some of the worst conds of criminals. I hate thieves, Okay, thieves are despicable and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There's not too many people worse than meeting folks who steal out of check luggage. All right, First of all, it's such an invasion of prophecy. You going through people's luggage. That means you got you know, hands all on people's draws, you know what I mean, they panties, they brawls. When people are traveling. They got their nice outfits, they're nice beach at tie or whatever it is, and you just violate them, you know, by going through their luggage and stealing from them. No worse feeling. And when you get to where you're going and things you packed to take what you aren't in there. So first you question yourself like damn, did I pack it? Then you realize, hell, yes I did pack it. They must have got me. Now, these folks just weren't going and check luggage. Okay, you just heard on the news report. One video showed Lavaria Williams removing six hundred dollars from a passenger's wallet as the passenger was being screened. That's crazy. These three individuals operating on a different level of demon time Okay, just take six hundred dollars from a passenger's wallet as the passenger was being screened. Hey, Gonzales Fooster Williams, you do know we not the only ones being recorded, right y'all under surveillance too, So the boldness of it all, I want to judge the consent of these folks really didn't care because they did these crimes knowing they had to be under some type of surveillance. Now, I really take things like this personal, especially when they impact people I know in love. Our good sister Just Hilarious just yesterday hit me because she was recently the victim of this same type of crime. It wasn't the Miami International Airport, it was the airport in Mexico, Cancun International Airport. Out of it watches her Just Hilarious chain other pieces want some evil ass, despicable human being winning her luggage and took it. She was flying United Airline, by the way, So if there's anybody out there from United who wants to help, you can hit Just Hilarious up on Instagram. Mor reach out to us here at the Breakfast club. And I know the first thing people say is, why do folks check valuable items like that and their luggage. Yeah, you might be right, but that is victim blaming all The real question is why do people who work at the airport, who work at TSA, who work for these airlines feel the need to steal? You got a job, Why risk that good job because you want to be sticky fingers? Okay, and you go through the wrong fannies underwear, you're gonna be stinky fingers. All right? Why are you going through our luggage? You have to have a certain level of integrity, certain moral code, I believe to work at the airport. Maybe we should start having check fil A workers, okay, And people who work at banks work at TSA or whatever, all right, whatever checks and balances there are at the bank implement at the airport, because clearly folks at banks don't feel comfortable enough to just be pocketing money when they want to. So I don't want folks at the airlines feeling comfortable enough to just steal our bags and pocket all money when they want to. Okay, I don't even want for feeling comfortable enough they feel like they can go in our bags, you know how they do those random bag checks. Sometimes I don't like that either. Okay, I despise it, all right, and I hate thieves, all right. I hate people who steal from folks who work hard for what they have. It's the eighth Commandment. The eighth commandment reads thou shall not steal. It does not read thou should not steal from the rich man. It does not read THO shall not steal from the poor man. It reads simple and plane, thou shall not steal. And this needs to be the first commandment for the TSA. Please give those three TSA workers from the Miami International Airport the biggest e hull. Can't stand it, man, all right, don't understand it. And if you know you're under surveillance, why would you continue to do it? If you work at the airport, you know they're watching you too, Is it worth it?
Speaker 4: You know they still my underwear one time? It still my underwear, my sneakers.
Speaker 5: My jeans.
Speaker 2: Sticky stinky fingers going to Vegas. That's what you call those type of people, sticky stinky fingers.
Speaker 4: They always tell me you never check your bag outside.
Speaker 2: Oh I never.
Speaker 1: They tell you to go inside because at least you did. When you go inside, you're dealing with an actual airline employees.
Speaker 4: People outside are contracted.
Speaker 1: Really, I didn't know that. I thought they were for the airline too, the contract. All right, well that was the donkey today. Shot the HB, HBCU shot the B E T see you. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Everybody else Black network. There you go. Let's stay with it. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. So obese passengers are upset that airlines are about to start charging you for two tickets. So let's open up the phone lines and ask your thoughts. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Uh, they're saying that. You know, they're trying to get more people on the plane, so they're shrinking the airplane seats even though nearly forty percent of American adults are a beast, a beat obese.
Speaker 2: I call them chunky people. Man, you're crazy, yo, yo, that's why we just got back, and you're trying to stop. So you didn't you just called all fat people beasts. He's so messed up.
Speaker 5: OBEs.
Speaker 1: You can't say fat crazy. You can't say fat. You have to say obese.
Speaker 2: You can't say fat. No is when you can't say fat.
Speaker 1: Don't say fat. They don't like when you say fat Obese who don't like when we say fat, fat people. I ain't never heard that beast like fat people call themselves fat.
Speaker 2: We talked about it. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: Should oh best people have to buy two tickets to take a plane, that's the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. I think it should be an ob section, Oh my god, like you know, to have first class and then have bigger chairs in a certain section that obese people can buy and they can have, but you got to put on because you got to, you know, map out the weight on the on the server.
Speaker 2: Instead of servant mills. It's a buffet back there too. You want as well.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's topic time eight hundred five A five one oh five one to join it to the discussion with the break club.
Speaker 1: Warning everybody in dej envy Charlamagne the guide. We are the breakfast club. Now if you're just joining us, we're opening up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. So obese passengers are complaining about airlines charging them two tickets to fly on different airlines. Now this is not every airline, but this is some of them, and some of the bigger passengers are complaining about this.
Speaker 4: So we're asking what are your thoughts eight.
Speaker 2: Hundred and five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: Now, keep in mind, forty one percent of Americans are obese.
Speaker 4: So with that being such a large number, I think that they.
Speaker 2: Should have a large number. I think they should have an obese section. Now, an ob section.
Speaker 1: I know you think, oh, even there's a fat section, but yes, a big section where the seats are bigger and you let's say you just have four seats on a plane or six seats on a plane that you keep for obese passengers. Now if you don't sell them, then you can sell them to regular people, and then regular people that have a first class seat, it'll feel like a first class seat, but you at least give them the option instead of you know, because you know, if you've been on a flight, like the seats are getting narrow and narrow and there's no way somebody with that's big confitting those seats.
Speaker 2: Also to that, uh, that number, that number is probably a little skewed because like to be considered o beasts I think you have to be over two hundred pounds, But that don't necessarily mean like you're fat. You're fat, you know what I mean? Like, you know, you just considered old beasts based off what you know the standards are. But I believe the airlines are doing overweight people of favor. Wow, you know what I'm saying, because if I was an overweight person, I personally would want to book two seats because I would want to be comfortable. Simple as that. Like, the airline is not only looking out for the overweight people, it's looking out for its other customers. Because y'all talking about how much it would cost for the heavy person to buy two seats, how would you feel if you spent all that money for a plane ticket and had to be uncomfortable the whole ride because you sitting next to somebody who clearly needed two seats, you know what I mean. So, so one of two things can happen. I don't want the airlines to change the dynamics of the plane. But you know, if you somebody is like overweight, like you know, three hundred four hundred pounds, maybe you can get them give him a discount on the second ticket, give him a discouncivver. See.
Speaker 1: But the problem is this, right, you know, with inflation and interest rates high and people not making money, that's expensive, and flying right now is expensive. Before when you could get like a little two hundred dollars ticket to fifty ticket one hundred and twenty dollar ticket, that's.
Speaker 2: Not no more. Now tickets is no less than four fifty five hundred dollars. Okay, charging their weight, that's the discount. If you four fifty, you gotta pay four fifty. But if you like three hundred for the second seat, you paid it three hundred, you should have to pay a dollar per pound for your second ticket. I think that's fair now, by the way, real quick, I said this. I said this, but I just got a text from the president of the Fat Lives Matter community. He says that we don't need a whole section, but if a second seat is needed, it shouldn't be full price of a regular ticket. I said that before I even got that text from him, because we do have the president of the Fat Lives Matter committee that works here.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: But you know he can't be on camera for other reasons and stuff. But you know, warrant, Yeah, you'll see him soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But my whole thing is is just do a section. What's your name, bro? Not a section?
Speaker 5: Roll talk to us.
Speaker 11: Okay, So I used to work out the airline a little while back. To be honest, I agree with what you'all saying. I don't think it should be a full seat, but it should be an extra up charge because getting them on the airline or the flight himself, my part used to be a process. You have to get an extension for the seat belt that took like two or three people to get them on. Like that extra seat is a tad bit, but there should be like an overcharge price or something like overweight bat.
Speaker 2: I agree. Now let me ask you a question, Roe.
Speaker 1: So you know you know at plays they always keep two seats just in case there's a person with a.
Speaker 4: Wheelchair or handicap, right, true. Now, think about it.
Speaker 1: If there was an O B section where it was just four seats that were a little bigger, that's only booked for big people. But if they don't sell it, then they just know that they could sell it to regular people, kind of like the handicap seats. It could just be forced set to on the plane which just a little bigger to help you know, o beast people.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's a good idea, right, so you have four you have you have just extra seats, right and if if, if no beast person rides the plane and buys that extra seat, then it's just a regular seat, just a regularly. I'm with that because everything, everything.
Speaker 11: But to be extra seats aren't even just for handicapped people. Those are for flight crews, like if they got somebody loading.
Speaker 10: For one flight flying to the next city.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but so they use the handicap seats for other things, and that's that could be for the old B seats, it could be you know, it could be like the fat section of B section.
Speaker 2: I don't see nothing wrong with that. Everything calls extra on the plane. If your bag is overweight, you gotta pay extra. Correct, you know what I'm saying. If you got more than one carry on bag, you gotta pay extra for the carry on bag. Could let you be the same thing when it comes your way. If you have you a little overweight, you gotta pay a little bit more because all you're doing is paying for another seat. You're just I wouldn't have them. I wouldn't charge them full price for another seat. Okay, Hello, who's this Detroit? What's up?
Speaker 5: Talk to us?
Speaker 3: Hey? So listen, man, I'm just saying. First off, I like how y'all had the theme stars playing in the back the TV things songs. Can y'all play dust pails foods? Get that into rotation.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to be hearing that. So butad Yeah, where you at that you heard that? We can report them? Where you at the Troit?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Bro Detroit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Here alight?
Speaker 3: But broy, But yeah, man, I think they should have urged them, definitely. Yeah, put put some tax on it. Because everything going up, the world going up, everything costs more. We gotta pay for everything. Food costs extra. They know that, so ya gotta cost extra to seek gott to be.
Speaker 2: Extra, right.
Speaker 1: But we even talk about the fact that on these food traps where a lot of people can't get healthy food, so they're eating these food food deserts.
Speaker 2: Man, I figure I'm making it sound like they got a bunch of Chick fil a under boxing fat people are getting trapped. Man, ain't no food traps as a food desert looking sexy?
Speaker 1: So crazy food traps chicken figures looking sexy, trapping.
Speaker 2: People like, it's just a whole bunch of pies, you know what I'm saying. It's a whole bunch of pies in the net. As soon as you go get the pies, and that.
Speaker 1: Just covers you up, like man, cut it out, man, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us.
Speaker 1: Obese passengers are complaining because airlines are charging them two tickets if you want to fly with them. So we'll talk about it when we come back. And we got Griz when we come back, and he's a big brother.
Speaker 2: Pause. It's the breakfast clugan morning the breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Ain't your opinions to the breakfast Club?
Speaker 5: Top? Come on eight hundred one.
Speaker 16: E J n V.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Now you're just joining us. We're taking your calls. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. We're talking about obese passengers complaining about airlines charging them two tickets to fly, and we got Grizz on the line.
Speaker 3: Griz, Good morning yo, Yo, Good morning man, Good morning, breakfast club yo. Whatever everybody good?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, how big are you?
Speaker 5: Griz? Pauls.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, I'm four hundred ye squat and I worked out every day.
Speaker 10: I'm a gym.
Speaker 3: I'm in the gym.
Speaker 5: I'm buffed, okay.
Speaker 10: So the thing is when I get to the line, they want to sit there and say, Yo, we need to charge for two seats.
Speaker 2: How tall?
Speaker 10: I know, I know I'm a big dude, but Yo, that's too much.
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: How tall are you?
Speaker 3: Six six?
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask your question. Has a six six, four hundred pound man. Shouldn't you want more room? I know you get even more leg room.
Speaker 3: I know you do. Yo, I need more leg room.
Speaker 10: I need more more room period.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: My foot I'm a size for grizz.
Speaker 2: I'lla asking you a question. I don't want you to think anything. I just want to know, yo, I just want to know.
Speaker 14: What this.
Speaker 5: Tell me?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 3: Just tell me?
Speaker 2: Tell me what is the stereotype true people with big feet? Because I got big feet, yo.
Speaker 3: Man, were not even on.
Speaker 5: That topic right now.
Speaker 10: But let's talk about man.
Speaker 5: You know it's been going on for years, brother, that's right.
Speaker 2: People patting you down right just want to make sure to see you see if you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about the little luggage.
Speaker 2: My fault.
Speaker 3: Everybody in the morning.
Speaker 10: Listen to you every morning to do that chill out.
Speaker 2: Gold on good ye what's wrong with you? Man? I know if I just wanted to know with you like you're asking questions, just ask that man the size of this No, I did not actually, but listen the thing about Griz once you did. What if I was Grizz, I would want to be comfortable. So I think that they should have half off for the second seat.
Speaker 5: That's what I think. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 15: Hid and Charlomagne?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep it anonymous.
Speaker 8: And I got something ugly to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, first of all, you want are you a beast?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 12: I am not?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry say what you got to say that?
Speaker 15: I just want to say, if they want to, you know, complain about paying for two tickets, keep the.
Speaker 3: Fat at home.
Speaker 2: Well that was a bit harsh. You didn't have to say fat ass. Okay, you can.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what they are, ob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's the fat ass that makes it anyway. You know, it's gonna come to that door, right But because if you are a certain size and you don't want to pay, you know, the extra costs for the extra ticket, You're gonna have to find other means of transportation, right, Yeah, so they might not be flying.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this Hello, This is Darnell Darnell. Good morning, Darnell, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Talk to us.
Speaker 1: We're talking about obese passengers complaining that they're getting charged for two airline tickets now right, right.
Speaker 3: So I believe personally that they should get charged for two airline tickets. I have personally been in situations because I've traveled a lot where I've been that that morbidly obese passenger, and it is extremely uncomfortable. If you think, if you sit and you physically take up one point five feet, yes, you should pay for three tickets without fence.
Speaker 14: Like.
Speaker 3: It's not an emotional thing, it's not a physical bias thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, It's more or less about you know, being considerate for people next to you. And if you can't control your weight or if you do have a physical problem, then the airlines to be cognizant of this and have their own section for these people that that size. But being seen as how, I'm a normal sized male and I've been so uncomfortable next to that really.
Speaker 3: Big mail or that really big female. I've been turned off on more than one occasion in different airlines. It's not just Delta, but multiple airlines. They need to all come to the consensus that, hey, look, this person is making me uncomfortable because they're bigger than the average size of the seat. So that's my opinion.
Speaker 2: I agree is that instead of flying commercial, so many people gotta fly cargo. What okay, private one of they fly cargo one of two. Because I think the whole thing is we all can agree that, especially the older you get, it's not like airlines are the most comfortable, correct. I don't care whether you're sitting in first class, you know, economy, whatever it is. Airline seats just aren't the most comfortable. So if I was an obese person, I would want to buy a second seat just so I can be as comfortable as possible. And I think that the only solution is the second ticket should literally be a dollar a pound. Oh my goodness, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: Why if you can't afford it, Like you gotta travel somewhere, you can't afford two tickets.
Speaker 2: A dollar a pound. So I bought my first ticket for whatever the regular price was. And if I'm obese, and I need another seat. That could be like four hundred. That's better than six hundred, seven hundred or whatever the average ticket is.
Speaker 1: And then you got to weigh yourself on the scale and see what it is a you know what I mean. Now you gotta get on the luggage scale of way yourself on that scale.
Speaker 2: It's better, I'm just trying. It's better than having to buy two full tickets at full price. Now now, now, obest people have anxiety. They're not gonna eat for a day to get on the flight for cheaper. They're gonna pee and poop before they wearing themself on scale like a bicycle and gonna make much of a difference. If you that obe, they ain't gonna make that much of a difference. You know what I'm saying. You're gonna lose five pounds at the most. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, when we come back, we got your room of report, Nelly, he's up fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you why, So don't move it. Hold on what salute?
Speaker 10: Dog?
Speaker 2: Guy Man, president of the Fat Lives Matter Community, says, yes, he said, And just to let the people know that we know y'all don't want to sit next to us. But we are okay and are preparing for y'all to fall asleep on us. It's a compromise for us taking up y'all arms face. Oh so they let you sleep on it.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what I got.
Speaker 2: That's what the president of the Fat Lives Matter community said to me. Just now, all right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well we come back. We got your room report. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's see j n V.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the roomors.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Nellie name or you gossip? You chatting God?
Speaker 5: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: This is where the tea.
Speaker 5: Spells, right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Now Nelly snags fifty million dollars for half of his catalog. Now Nellie has secured a fifty million dollar deal for fifty percent ownership over his entire catalog, which includes.
Speaker 4: Eight albums and a number of number one singles.
Speaker 2: So I guess that's the beauty of owning your master's right. You can sell them for that kind of money if you choose to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so did Yeah, they include some of the like Ride with Me, Dilemma feature in Kelly Rowland Hot in Here, I am number one in a host of others, So shouton NELLI. Whiz Khalifa sells a portion of his music in publishing catalog. They didn't say the amount, but they said he made a huge, big change as well. Now it's this Harbor View Equity Partners is the one that purchased half of Nelly's and some of Whiz Khalifa's as well.
Speaker 2: I'm not in the music business, so I don't know if you know those are good deals or not. I have no idea. You know, when I talk to artists who've done it, they all say, hey, man, you know we're getting these large lump sums of money. We're getting this this capital And what I was told some of this stuff is just like licensing deals to a certain extent, like they get it back after a certain.
Speaker 4: Peace, after a certain period of time. After that that money is made back.
Speaker 1: But you know, fifty million dollars, you think about it, he gets fifty million, he can invest that into whatever he wants. You get in the capitol, and he can you know, flip that money fast, because you know, if he had to wait for his catalog, it might take you know, ten twenty years to get to fifty million dollars, depending on how many times it's streamed or plate or.
Speaker 2: All that stuff. And that's the thing I don't think people have enough conversations about would Nelly have made that kind of money on his own just owning his master's I don't know. He would have, just might have took a long time. Long. So now he gets that money up front and be able to, you know, make other moves.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what the taxes are on that, because fifty million dollars is usually what thirty forty percent.
Speaker 2: Anytime you make fifty million dollars off something, it seemed like a pretty decent deal to me, absolutely on the half of it. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now, when we were on a vacation, ESPN laid off a lot of people, Jeff Van Gunn, Jalen Rose, Keishawn Johnson, Max Kellerman just to name a few, Steve Young and Steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith actually speaks about it. He says he could be next.
Speaker 17: ESPN just the other day laid off about twenty members of its on air talent. I titled this change happened. More to come because as you all know, I work at ESPN. My day job is first Take, NBA, countdown to NBA, steven A's World, all that, but mainly first Take. And there are a lot of people who got laid off. But if we're gonna be real about it, let's deal with reality. This ain't the end. More's coming. And yes, ladies and gentlemen, I could be next. Let me tell y'all something, don't ever, ever, ever in your life as a black person, take anything for granted.
Speaker 2: Y facts. He's absolutely telling the truth. But I will say this, that's all part of Disney's cost cutting Gough. They had a five point five billion dollar cost cutting goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they also said that the company reported that the profit group fifty six percent to twelve point one billion and twenty twenty two. And some of these shows I thought were pretty big. So I'm not one hundred and thousand percent sure why. Maybe they're gonna be rebranding some of these people rehiring. You just never know, because we've seen people get fired and then hire back.
Speaker 2: But you just never know. If a company has a five point five billion dollar cost cutting goal across the whole company. A lot of people are getting fired and were talking about Disney, so they ain't just ESPN. You're talking about Disney workers. You talk like it's a whole bunch of different components that go under the Disney umbrella. So yes, I'm sure it'll be more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if they're saying that operating profit grew fifty six percent.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I just know they had a five point five billion dollar cost cutting. Go jesus, I don't know. All right, well, shout out to our brother and Jalen Rose and listen, remember earlier I said I don't need any more social media distractions. Yes, that's why you won't see me on threads. Threads. Yeah, but Breakfast club page does have a thread. Yes we do, yes, because clearly they love all the distractions. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well that's the way to promote our content and put out content out there so we can.
Speaker 2: That's right, stay in this building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, you're gonna talkbout somebody the other.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I was gonna Actually, social media, I was gonna say that. I think it's insane. You know that so many people can run out and sign up for these new social media app because you said thread is the fastest growing social media app. Ever, yes, how many people. I think I saw one hundred million. I think they say it's it's unreal to me how people can just run out and sign up for these new social media apps. Then in the future, you're gonna be complaining about how these apps suppressed black voices and black content, and y'all gonna be complaining about these billionaires being billionaires. But it's your support that keeps, you know, money in their pocket because you have so many apps out here that are black owned that y'all don't support like y'all support these other folks apps. You got seventh Avenue, which I think formally was the Cookout. Okay, it's a seventh avenue. You got fan based luting, my man Isaac isaacated third, Yeah, and then Spill. Spill was the one I couldn't think of early. But the spill was was was being promoted as a black alternative to Twitter. I think that was like two weeks ago. Yes, so I was. I was trying to think. Yeah, debuted like a week before Threads. But yet Threads is the one I see everybody running to.
Speaker 1: Or Threads makes it easier because it's pretty much uses your Instagram page, uses your Instagram follows.
Speaker 4: It's pretty much you just put your name in and boop pops. You're already very download. But you know, people like convenience, and it is very convenient.
Speaker 2: I don't think none to do it convenience. I just think that y'all think white ice is colder. That's what I think. Y'all are gonna be complaining about that white height, that white ice burning your hand later.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so, just make sure you follow the Breakfast Club on threads and you can see all the cool things and interviews and things that we're doing.
Speaker 2: Why why y'all ain't got a spill spills page?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should have a spill page. What's the cookout?
Speaker 2: New one?
Speaker 4: What's the you said the seventh for seventh Avenue? Seventh Avenue?
Speaker 2: What's the other one's? And fan base? We should have a fan base. We have a fan base. Yes, we have a fan base.
Speaker 1: All right, People's choice mixes up next, don't move, It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, j n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. I just want to remind you guys again.
Speaker 1: Over the vacation, I was able to link up with HBCU and Y and be part of that classic.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to.
Speaker 1: Bring HBCU function to New York, New Jersey area. I know I always travel out to Alabama. I always travel to Florida for the classics, So now we have a classic here this year. It's Morgan US US at Morgan Morehouse versus Albany State.
Speaker 2: But it's just not about those schools.
Speaker 1: It's about all the HBCUs fraternity sororities. We want you guys to pull up. We want every HBCU to have a section out there. We're gonna be enjoying ourselves with day and night parties. There's gonna be a step show, there's gonna be financial literacy programs, there's gonna be a career fair, there's gonna be a pep rally. So we're trying to let these kids see what HBCUs are all about. We don't really get a chance to see it here on the East Coast as much, but so all the schools that are pretty close, whether it's Lincoln, it's Morgan, It's how It it's Hampton's, Virginia Union. All the HBCUs we want you to pull up. There's a lot of Alumn not in the area. So again, the game is September sixteenth, with a lot of activities all around it for that week and it's it begins the week of HBCU Week, so we can't wait to see you guys. And again that's September sixteenth. For more information, you can click the link of my bio or just google hbcun Y Classic. All right, now, you want to shout to your other people in Anguilla, man.
Speaker 2: Salute to everybody in Anguilla. I had a great time in Anguilla, and Guilla is like home for me. I'm been going there a Guilla for a decade now and the love is real. Okay, that's all I can say. I feel so relaxed, it's so recharged. It may not sound like it in this moment, but trust me, I am. And you know, when you go on like a nice vacation, like you know, we were gone for like eight days, not gonna lie. After day five, I was like, damn, got a little itch. I'm ready to get back to work. I'm gonna enjoy these last three days, but ready to go back right now. But I am ready to go back, you know, because I truly love what we do. Here at the Breakfast Club. Such a great environment now you see to have got the candles lay up. You know what I'm saying. We never was good man. It's just a great, great, great place to be.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, Well, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's dej nv Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club, and shout out to Nick Cannon and the whole Wilding Out team. They're celebrating their twentieth season starting tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We're going to have a different co host from the.
Speaker 1: Wilding Out cast all this week, so make sure you tune in and don't forget to check out wild'n Out Thursday's nine to eight Central on b H one.
Speaker 2: All right, now, Charloman, you got a positive note. I do have a positive note, man, And I feel like somebody out there right now really really really need to hear this, and I just want to tell you on this fine Monday, do it scared, that's right, Do it scared and stay afraid. Okay, but do it anyway, all right. What's important is the action. You don't have to wait to be confident. Just do it, and eventually the confidence will follow, Okay, So go out there and do it. Scared y'all. Happy Monday Breakfast club. You don't finish for y'all.
Speaker 5: Done,