Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: He is a down down, down, down, down, down down down. Thank you for being a friend, travel around the world and back again. Your heart is true. You're a pal and a confidant. And if we threw a party and in inbodied everyone we knew you would see, the biggest gift would be from me, and the card attached would say thank you for being a friend. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Are you back? Are you back on the weed?
Speaker 2: Am I back on the weed?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean not like all the time.
Speaker 3: So yes, yes, ah, oh boy, you're growing your face your hair out.
Speaker 1: No, I just haven't shaved. We did a whole other podcast while we waited for you.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, bro, my friends, my friends, I'm so sorry. I apologize to you. But the cord attached say thank you for me. Okay, okay, he's here.
Speaker 1: He found us. Well, we waited for Donald for a half hour. He had to upload his new But something on your computer.
Speaker 2: No, for some reason, my computer just it does this. It just it upgraded itself.
Speaker 1: Daniel can tell you how to turn that off, Daniel, can't you?
Speaker 4: I mean sure, I would just recommend turning it on more often.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about that's it's way too much bong water.
Speaker 1: Are you high now?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not high. I'm coming down.
Speaker 1: I know you very well. I know so yes, A and B. I know you very well. And I know the radius of your eyeballs when.
Speaker 5: You're high, radius of your eyeballs.
Speaker 1: You know how much I'm talking about how much of the eyeball I can see under the island. I know him so well I can be like, okay, eyelids are that low. It was probably a joint. Forty five minutes ago.
Speaker 2: We walked into a meeting for the podcast. Once I was blitzed out of my mind, not realizing how the what the meeting was for, like not what the meeting was for, but how important the meeting was. I should say blitzed out of my mind. Guy goes to the bathroom. Zach turns to me and goes, dude, you ston't And I'm like, yeah, I'm so so the this was.
Speaker 1: The very first meeting. You were also late, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I was, I was, I was very I was. I was pointing.
Speaker 1: I was talking about the very first meeting with the company we didn't go with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was on time, you were late and you know I was on time. Fuck you, dude.
Speaker 1: I remember the awkward small talk I had with dude waiting for you.
Speaker 2: You were early, dude, that's what happened. You were like five ten minutes early.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what they say, Donald, It's better to be a half hour early than one minute late.
Speaker 2: That's true. Indeed, it's true.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I believe that when you're late to meet me, you're saying I don't respect you. Oh no, I mean now because you had computer problems. But I mean in life. I think if you're a young person preparing to go out there into the professional world, it's better to be a half hour early than one minute late. Right, you're well, you're wise.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 5: I as a black person, I feel I can never be late. That's what my parents told me. They said, don't give them an excuse not to hire. These are the rules.
Speaker 2: Tell that to my brother. I'll be like, we're gonna we gotta be there at eleven o'clock. I'm like, all right, I'll see you at eleven one thirty. Rolls around like I'm at the gate. Can y'all let me in?
Speaker 1: Perfect, It's good to see you, It's good to see you all. We have new merch out, very exciting Joel.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's been a while for a while. By the time this comes to air, well, this.
Speaker 1: Is the first time we're recording audio where the new merchan has been out. And there's for those of you have been clamoring, there's finally a Joel Monique our Queen T shirt.
Speaker 6: It's perfect, It's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: It comes in many colors. I'm gonna get yellow.
Speaker 6: Yellow looks nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, does it.
Speaker 1: Say on the back if you know you know or something? I mean it should You're only only true fans of the podcast are gonna know who that queen is.
Speaker 5: And the to add this is a great way you just spread the word of the podcast. If that's your ministry, you know, wear the shirt, tell people about the pod.
Speaker 1: Yes. Please.
Speaker 5: Hopefully when we when it's safe to go back to conventions we can, we'll see your shirt and then we'll recognize you as a fan and we'll it'll warm our hearts.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be I think you should start. Yes, I was about to say I heard it's really you know, we're getting to that time where people are like, hey, we've got a theater opening, do you guys want to rent out this theater space it's happening.
Speaker 1: Well, I look at all the musicians, everyone's going back on tour. So I think we should start to think about a tour. I mean, I agree, after I'm done editing my movie in the first quarter of the year, but like maybe the second quarter of the year, we should go on a big ass tour Spring twenty twenty two. Yeah, I'm seeing all these tour announcements come out because everyone's like so excited for touring.
Speaker 2: I would love that. I think that would be I think that would be a lot of fun. Actually, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I want to. I want to, I want I just want to make sure that we have a giant party bus.
Speaker 6: Okay, giant party bus.
Speaker 2: No, man, I want to sleep and stuff too. Man, I'm old man, now, I don't you know. It would be fun for like the first two days and ship, but then after that I'm gonna want my naps and.
Speaker 6: You can break the bus at a hotel.
Speaker 1: Everyone, are you gonna get You're saying you're gonna get woozy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna get woozy. But come on, man, I don't think anybody in on this freaking podcast right now, can sit here and say to me, you know what, I miss the days when I would get blackout drunk, wake up and do it again the next day, and then wake up and do it again the next day. I miss those days.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to listen. We're not those people anymore.
Speaker 4: No, it may not be that person anymore.
Speaker 7: But I'll tell you what, if I could go back and do that again for a month, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: You know I wouldn't. You would go and do what you used to do back in the days. Right now, they'd be you know that the African dudes that are carrying a casket dancing. That would be your funeral. Let's put it out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, now how you know how you see the giant tour bus pulling a trailer on the back. Now that back thing will be Daniel's bedroom, something all over the road. Come on, man, No, our tour bus doesn't have to be like we're partying, like we're like twenty years old. Donald. It can be a mature adult tour bus.
Speaker 2: A mature adult tour bus that has freaking groupies and roadies.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to have groupies.
Speaker 2: It's going to be like I don't have groupies and roadies with the tour fork.
Speaker 7: Okay, well roadies maybe one. I mean I'm the road That's what that's literally my job. I'm the fucking roady carrying the gear.
Speaker 1: I think, Donald, I can't believe you're pooing this dream I've had. I had this dream that we would tour Europe in a giant tour bus and and just just bond over the sites and try ganza.
Speaker 2: Can't it? Can it be? But if it's a tour, can it be like the tour and almost famous where they're on the bus?
Speaker 8: I almost famous, some tragic tale if you don't want to, But don't you want don't you guys want a moment where we're like all mad at each other and then blue Jean baby?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I imagine the tour bus will be very expensive anyway, so we'll get rid of the tour bus.
Speaker 2: Well, there goes the tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there goes the tour. I only wanted to is gone.
Speaker 6: Now, no like to travel across the Europe, get it together.
Speaker 1: The only reason I wanted to do is to live my dream of being in a rock band. In a tour bus.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 1: We should still do it, you know, with the bunks and it's there's like those Star Trek doors that open.
Speaker 2: You sleep like a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What else should we talk about? There's merch that you get that Merchant Cottonbureau dot Com. If you're someone who likes merch.
Speaker 2: By the time this episode airs, well Black Widow have come out already.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, yes, Jack, but I'm pretty sure that's yeah. Black Widow comes out July ninth, So absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be so if you want to lay down the spoilers now, you might as well go ahead. No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Trying to ruin it for you. Three. You're gonna love it. You're gonna love it. It's very exciting.
Speaker 2: I'm going to look.
Speaker 1: I'll make sure that you reserve your don't forget that. We have a date July ninth.
Speaker 2: It really looks awesome. The commercials look really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think if you're a Marvel geek, you're going to go full geek explosion.
Speaker 2: Well I'm ready to Are you ready to expla?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna scream at the screen?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna. It's not gonna it's not gonna be that.
Speaker 1: No, because you remember when we went to the Star Wars premiere and you embarrassed me in front of Sean Hayes.
Speaker 2: What did I do.
Speaker 1: Right in front of us? And so was one of the stranger things kids, and you were making all kinds of noises and everyone was turning around, and I was like, bro, you got it, you gotta hold it together.
Speaker 2: But I was pissed off. I was upset.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, this is the beginning. When you first heard the music, you were like standing up like you wet rocky horror Picture show.
Speaker 2: I thought I was sitting there like, mm, girl, you shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: No, you weren't. You didn't decide you didn't really like it until the after party when you when you accidentally talked to the wrong Kathleen Kennedy and spoke to her identical twin.
Speaker 2: Why did moments like this continuously happen to me? Why did they always happen to me?
Speaker 1: That's you know. I feel like, if you're Kathleen Kennedy at the Star Wars premiere, everyone's going to be coming up to you. I just don't think the identical twin should be invited. No, I think the identical twin has to stay at home.
Speaker 2: Stay home.
Speaker 1: It's not nice at home.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not nice to us, and it's not nice to your sister either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think Chewbaca is going to show up with his twin? No? All right? Should we talk about Scrubs five? Six stories?
Speaker 9: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of dogs and nurses?
Speaker 2: He said, he's the stories neat so yander raun here, YadA ra here. And this was a very funny episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, I laughed a bunch.
Speaker 2: I left quite a bit. This has a lot of very funny moments in it, moments that we're I'm gonna tell you something right now. This show has officially gone off the rails.
Speaker 1: Yes, season five is bat Ship.
Speaker 2: Officially offish gone off the rails. It's glazy. There's some lines in this that you know, where the fuck did that come from?
Speaker 1: Well? This is the jig ball, yes, which is which is a hospital wide secret that only JD doesn't know that they're planning on just pelting the game is pelting JD with tennis balls.
Speaker 2: Nobody really knows what the game is other than the janitor.
Speaker 1: Well, they know how to play.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows how to play. Everybody just knows that the janitor wants them. When they're talking to JD to mention the game jiggly ball with the orderlies. That's all they know.
Speaker 1: Okay, well where did they learn to play?
Speaker 2: There is no game, and that's not the game. They just pelt you, dude.
Speaker 1: And I'm not mad at anyone. Can you imagine this happened in their life? And everyone where you work stood in a line and pelted you as hard as they could tend balls, so much so that you have wilts, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Open swords like play paintball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but worse because Carl is using alcohol on me, on swabs on me, like, and and JD's not mad at anyone, like, huh, that was crazy, guys.
Speaker 2: Not only that he also has a freaking he also has a coffee cup a coffee Uh what is it? What is that? A mob pot? Yeah? A pot around us his hand which he breaks, and now is a bracelet that he can't get off.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you've got your arms stuck in the canning vending machine.
Speaker 2: That didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: A lot of it didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: That didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: What about the whole balancing wheelchair thing, and that JD is balancing so hard that he but but barely keeping it up. And he does it onto the elevator, down to the first floor, down the fucking down the ramp. It's bad ship. We are very close. I'm sensing my Spidey sense is sensing that we are very close to the episode where ostriches steal your can goo and wear it.
Speaker 2: It might be coming.
Speaker 1: That's that's how. That's how, Joelle. Will you find out what episode that is? Yeah, I think it's something. I think bird is in the title.
Speaker 2: The fact that j D still has secrets, like him being a gymnast in high school and not wanting that to get out.
Speaker 1: Why didn't I want it to be a gymnast to get out? I forgot.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it explains a lot about it's gonna find out.
Speaker 6: He already calls you a girl's name any more.
Speaker 10: Few.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is the episode Sarah was dressed as Turk, and it's been edited out. I don't know if you noticed that.
Speaker 2: I did notice that.
Speaker 1: I it's funny it happened, and it's so seamlessly edited out that I thought, oh, I thought this was that episode, but no, it's been edited out and restored. My Big Bird five oh eight is yeah, that's coming up, guys. That is where Scrubs really goes off the rails. That's the episode with Jason Bateman where Donald and I are forced into a tree by ostriches acting like sentries.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes.
Speaker 1: By the way, speaking of Bill Lawrence, I played, he taught me how to play pick a ball.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you have to explain this to me because you were like, Yo, you're gonna love pickle ball.
Speaker 1: I gotta know how lover I am.
Speaker 2: You know this is this is a crazy first of ball. Sorry, I want you get into your store. But this's the craziest thing ever. Zach never hits me up about sports ever. Right Ever, it might be the occasional, It might be the occasional. You want to play some ping pong. This looks like you gotta run around. There's some effort involved.
Speaker 1: It's funny. It is like it's kind of like you're standing on the ping pong table, okay, and you're really good at ping pong and you love tennis and it's a lot of fun, and everyone's talking about pick a ball. It's basically a smaller tennis court game. If you don't know what it is, google it. It's a lot of fun, but it's kind of become this crazy seniors are playing it because if you love tennis when you were younger and your knees can't do that anymore. It's a way like my stepmother's in her late seventies and she was obsessed with it. And and of course people of all ages are playing anyway. You know how when you go see something and you like it, a movie or whatever, a concert, and you want to call your lover and be like, baby, you would love this. Well, that's how I felt. As I was playing pickleball with Bill. I leaned over to him. I leaned over to him and said, Donald's gonna love this.
Speaker 2: Was this while you were holding his pickle.
Speaker 1: No, you don't. You don't hold any of the game, at least the way he talking. But we were at a very wasty club. Maybe at other locations you hold pickles. Is pickleball basically picture it like a small tennis the tennis court, but but like a quarter of the size, and and uh it's just fast and and and the rackets are smaller and it's a whiffle ball, so you can like put crazy spin on the ball. Donald, You'll fucking love it because you're a spin master. And uh and it's it's kind of like it's I think of it like you're standing on the ping pong table, except obviously not that small. Okay, just google image just if you're looking or you're listening and you're like, what the fuck is he talking about? Just google image it and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I played a little bit of tennis. I'm starting to play a lot more tennis.
Speaker 1: Now will you play with me? Because I'm only here for a little bit and I would love to have some qu I think you need to get your quality time with me in before I leave the state.
Speaker 2: I agree with you one hundred. Why don't we make that happen? Why don't you.
Speaker 1: Well, I need you to manifest it. Bro okay, because daddy's not here that long.
Speaker 2: Come tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You're gonna miss me come tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Damn it to tennis. Yeah I will.
Speaker 1: JD. Okay. So I'm fondeling you with the newly edited moment out and I'm feeling you up. Yes, you're nice perky bees.
Speaker 2: They look like c's but they're really bees.
Speaker 1: They're definitely a perky bee. Especially season. This season, you're all trim and you've got petreles majors.
Speaker 2: You're all trim. Now, you guys, this dude sends me freaking photos. Enough's enough.
Speaker 1: But I don't send them anymore because the last time we recorded, you said that it was you were feeling that it was too homo eerotic.
Speaker 2: I have like six or seven of them.
Speaker 1: I don't know who to send them to. I send them to my girlfriend and I get appreciation, and who else can I send them to? You? I can't send them to like what I'm gonna do with them? Trying to I'm trying to get an ada boy from you, out of life. I'm just trying to get out of boys.
Speaker 2: From you, ada boy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So back to the show Scrubs Deadwood, we bring up did you know cowboys used to cuse?
Speaker 2: You know what, even if you didn't watch even if you didn't watch the show, the reference is so JD and turk, you know what I mean. Like, even if you didn't watch Deadwood and you didn't know that cowboys cursed and everything like that just the reference. Did you know Cowboys is so non sequitary it means.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about what I imagine. Deadwood was a very popular show at the time. I've never seen Deadwood, but I.
Speaker 2: Know the Cowboys curse.
Speaker 1: Remember that, there's a lot of cursing. And I love Timothy Alphon. As you know. We made a movie together called The Broken Hearts Club. I've never seen dead What should I see Dead with?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's good.
Speaker 7: Really, Oh yeah, I consider it. I consider it a prestige HBO HBO show. How three or so three?
Speaker 6: I think it's three, yeah, I'll double check, but not that many.
Speaker 1: And that was unique about it was the language, like they didn't speak like we always think cowboys.
Speaker 2: It was almost it was almost Shakespearean. No, they've said ship like that too, but it was almost Shakespearean the way they talked.
Speaker 6: All right, yeah, three seasons.
Speaker 5: It's on HBO Max right now if the people want to watch it. It's it was like it was coming out around like the time of Breaking Bad and stuff. And it was not like the glossy sort of Western that we were used to at the time. If you think of like a tombstone or something like that, which sort of like the last Westerns of the cinema age until you know, recently, is there.
Speaker 2: Se Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a lot of news.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't say whorehouse anymore. We will cut it, they say, play. No, we don't. We say place where sex workers weren't volvas. That's to say that's the that's the appropriate way to say. I got to go to my local Vulfa dealership. Yes, it's dann Al, it's a Vulva dealership.
Speaker 6: I'm prepared.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I'm in. I started watching Bosh because everyone said to watch what is that? Bosh is like an l A Neon noir detective show, and my parents were like, a lot of people are talking about it. You know, it's like you follow a murder mystery over the course of each season, and I like, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I was saying, we were talking about how Jad was a gymnast in high school, and then we kind of left it alone. But it explains a lot about you know, your pratfalls and all of that stuff, and how he's able to dangle so well, and you know, you'd.
Speaker 1: Think that he would be a bit more coordinating though he's very uh goofy and clumsy.
Speaker 5: I mean, how many in many schools. I'm sure there are not enough boys to fill men's gymnastics team. So maybe he wasn't very good, but he was still.
Speaker 6: On the team.
Speaker 1: I remember we had to take gymnastics and as part of my gym his head thing, and we had to learn a floor routine. I remember, think this is.
Speaker 2: So Wait you had to learn a floor routine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, in public high school in New Jersey you had to take gymnastics, and like they set up the whole gym with all the different things.
Speaker 2: Wait a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't wear like dazzled clothing or anything.
Speaker 2: Telling me there was a moment time where you did a floor routine, Yes, it did. Did you do the horse? No?
Speaker 1: But I chose No.
Speaker 2: No, you did not.
Speaker 10: You did not.
Speaker 2: No, you did not know, you did not. Please tell me this is a lie, this is true. No, we must tell story.
Speaker 1: Didn't we didn't pick music. We didn't pick music. But I remember you had to, like you had to put together a routine that was enough points, you know, and you had to do like. But I wasn't a gymnast, so it was ridiculous. It was like three summersaults into a cartwheel, jump leap land. It was like so it was like something that a beginner could do, but at least showed that you were trying.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy I did not go to public high school in Jersey.
Speaker 1: If this is what, yeah, you had to do it, you had to.
Speaker 2: Did anybody ever take it really serious?
Speaker 1: Like first, there were girls particularly who were like you know, had done gymnastics as kids, who were who were naturally amazing, and I would try and copy them and then get hurt. Okay, how about that girl, what's her name, Simone Biles. Yeah, she's doing stuff that they're like, this is too dangerous to be done. She's doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not Sincinnatio. When she was standing on beams and flipping over and stuff. I don't think they've banned a move since then.
Speaker 1: I was so nervous when they when they're on the balance beam doing that stuff, like they're going to break their spine.
Speaker 2: Speaking of nervous energy, when people fall, do you and you see it, do you feel it anywhere in your body?
Speaker 1: I think I hold my neck like I'm like, oh, my spine, your spine feels so fragile at the back of your neck.
Speaker 2: I feel it in my balls, even if it's a woman, no matter who it is, no matter who falls, I feel it in my balls.
Speaker 1: Like do you laugh when people fall?
Speaker 2: When it's funny? Because there's time when people fall, aw, it's like, ooh, that looks like it really really hurt. But then there's time we're.
Speaker 1: Likely to laugh at an ice skater falling than a than a gymnast.
Speaker 2: No, not if an ice skater falls on her face.
Speaker 1: No, but I mean when I think of Olympic gymnastics and they fall, I feel so sad for them, but I'm more apt to giggle when an ice skater falls.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see ice castles? Did you have see ice castles?
Speaker 1: No? What's ice castles?
Speaker 2: You've never seen ice castles? Have any of you guys ever seen ice castles?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: With the theme song, please don't let this feeling? And yes you Robbie Benson, d D y'all never seen ice castle?
Speaker 4: No idea Robbie.
Speaker 2: You know who Robbie Benson is?
Speaker 1: Though, right, yeah, I can picture him.
Speaker 2: You don't know who Robbie Benson is?
Speaker 10: I can.
Speaker 1: I know who Robert Benson is. I'm older than they are.
Speaker 2: Robert Benson, Robbie Benson.
Speaker 4: From the nineteen seventy eight film Ice Castle.
Speaker 1: Of course he had blue eyes. I remember he had really blue eyes.
Speaker 2: Right. He was also the Beast's voice. He was also the Beast's voice.
Speaker 4: He was And.
Speaker 1: Because I can't picture his face, Robbie Benson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was in.
Speaker 2: Movies. Whether't hen in bank shot or something like that.
Speaker 4: He is also in most extreme primate. That's sick.
Speaker 6: He's a running brave and the chosen and.
Speaker 4: What this guy's This guy has a dude, he works.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, gotta you gotta google old images to get his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't remember Robert y'all a freaking hate.
Speaker 1: He is shirtless here he is shirtless with the surfboard guys.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Ice Castles, it's a movie about this girl from a small, small, small small town. She's an ice skater. She has her chance to make it all the way to the Olympics or some ship like that, and one night and she forgets about every body from her town. It's a lot like La La Land, except one night she's out freaking ice skating and she falls and hits her head and goes blind, and it's her trying to figure out how to you know, get it all back?
Speaker 1: Please does it? Don't let this feeling and with her doing the big ice skating routine blind.
Speaker 2: You already saw it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm guessing what he obvious answer of the plot would be.
Speaker 2: You just saw the movie.
Speaker 1: Did does everyone give her a standing ovation and someone has to like let her know that she's done it and everyone's happy.
Speaker 2: There's a really sad moment that happens when she gets a standing ovation.
Speaker 1: As she does get a standing ovation, doesn't she she does?
Speaker 2: They even throw roses and what happens?
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 2: What do you think happens?
Speaker 1: She falls again and then she gets her.
Speaker 2: She falls on the roses. That's right, she slips and falls on the roses.
Speaker 1: And gets her site back.
Speaker 2: No, does she die, but Robbie Benson comes out on the on the she.
Speaker 1: Dies, and then there's a sequel where she learns how to fucking still skate while dead as a ghost. They animated very there is no back to the show Scrubs everybody. Colonel Doctor is finally introduced.
Speaker 2: He is introduced. Not only is he introduced, but we explain why we call him Colonel doctor.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the okay sign? Is that a is that a colonel Colonel Sanders thing? Did he used to do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't remember he does this in.
Speaker 1: The show, which now I think he's like a KKK thing white power? Isn't this white power?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Joe is well, I don't know why Colonel Doctors throwing up fucking white power signs.
Speaker 6: Was thick and it's new.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's upside down the white power. No, it's you can't really do okay anymore. It's out.
Speaker 2: You can do okay, you can't do white.
Speaker 5: It's best not to do it and just not. You know, people are trying to People are like, is that what it means?
Speaker 6: And it is what it means.
Speaker 1: I think we just got to stay away from the okay. I mean, not that I was ever anyone throwing the okay sign. I mean have you ever thrown an okay sign in your life?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Man?
Speaker 2: No, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: I've never done that.
Speaker 4: Nobody here sounds good to me.
Speaker 5: Never done this, yeah, probably back in my softball years, but.
Speaker 1: I have never done this in my life. Well there you go, how are you okay?
Speaker 6: Sucking corn?
Speaker 1: And yet I'm still mad about it. I'm still mad that they've co opted it and we can't use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so we should talk about something else that they co opted and that can't be used again. Sooba Boba Fett's ship is no longer called Slave one anymore. Well, they call it now Boba fet Starship. What's the name of the ship? And name? Why?
Speaker 1: The star one?
Speaker 2: Because that was what he chose it to be called Slave one. It's it's a galaxy that has slaves and everything like that in it, and his ship just so happens to be Slave one. Robot Chicken does a great does a great freaking sketch where Lando and Boba Fett are standing at the doors of Cloud City and Lando goes to Boba fett great ship, Boba. I'm not sure about the name though.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Yeah, I saw what Donald's talking about. There's toy on the toys. On the box of the toys, they've removed the name slave one.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: All right, We'll be right back to talk about more chi These words.
Speaker 2: And Elliot's high pitch scream that shit was funny, especially when she does it and you don't understand the word. She says, Yeah, Carla does that had me rolling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carla translates for her. What about when the janitor says, my TV doesn't get the news, just the Bible channel and some kind of Chinese boxing. Yeah, I don't even know what that means. I think Neils came up with that on the spot.
Speaker 2: Just like you came up with I can't feel I don't know. I'm not even saying this this right, Yeah, what is the what is the actual line?
Speaker 1: I say?
Speaker 2: I think there may be something wrong with her.
Speaker 1: Might be something wrong with my spine because I'm not even doing that right. That's definitely one of my jokes because I've done that before with you, Like I'm not even telling my leg to do this right now, and like I'm dancing.
Speaker 2: But where did that come from? That came out of nowhere? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just does z b random.
Speaker 2: This whole episode has a bunch of random shit in so Kelso hides as a painting. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a mural he hides in the mirror. By the way, they just threw up the mural randomly, and we're all supposed to just assume the mural has always been there. But we've seen that wall a thousand times and there's no mural on it. But in this episode there's a mural.
Speaker 2: There isn't it there for the rest of the run.
Speaker 1: I think they probably left it up for the season at least, But like all of a sudden in this episode, because they clearly came up with the joke in the writer's room, they just decided, oh, now there's an elaborately painted mural on the side of the hospital.
Speaker 2: We learned that.
Speaker 1: We learned that Kelso was in NOAM and that in NOM they pulled out his fingernails.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: We also learned that he was caught cheating and forced a diamond stud earring into Yes, but he kept in We see it bleeding. That's how That's how much he didn't wanted to know that he likes to sleep with Vulva rentals.
Speaker 6: It's a callback.
Speaker 2: But this is how Elliott gets her job back at the end of it all.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, because she catches him. Now, why would Kelso go to a free clinic? I mean, I feel like he could probably write his own prescription for to get rid of VD.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and doctors write their own prescriptions. I don't know they I don't know.
Speaker 1: Are they not allowed that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Can you look that up? Guys like, did you let doctor and you get VD? Are you not allowed to write yourself a prescription for VD? Begone medicine?
Speaker 2: Hey, so I have a I have a I have a question. Were you laughing when Elliot said are they Are they trying not to laugh at the word duty? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was definitely laughing.
Speaker 2: I was laughing. I was laughing too, I was literally them.
Speaker 1: Duty is a funny word when someone just brings it up out of nowhere. So right, I mean, you can't just say duty these days and not expect people to laugh. Right, It's just a word. It's just not fashionable to say anymore. Do you have people in your life that use duty not as a fecal matter term?
Speaker 2: No? Not as Yeah, no, my kids use it as a fecal matter term all the time. But no, I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, when do you have anyone in your life who's like, like, every time I passed duty free in the airport, and I make the same joke, either to myself or to my girlfriend, I wish I.
Speaker 4: Was duty free.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're listening. Every time you pass duty free, I want you to turn to your friend or significant other and say, I wish I was duty free. Under federal law, Donald, physicians in the United States are not prohibited from self prescribing medications. State laws governing physicians, however, may vary greatly, and some may prohibit physicians from prescribing, dispensing, or administering certain medications to themselves or family members. Guess it depends on where you live.
Speaker 2: Donald. Okay, so let's talk about the theme of this episode. The theme of this episode really is, you know, at least the a storyline is that Kelso really doesn't care once he leaves the hospital, or that he puts up a front like my all my troubles are gone once I get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yes, I leave it all at the office.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you have that in your life? Any of you? Any of you can answer this question, But do you feel like you have that in your life now? Like when you're done with work, don't you feel like there's still more work to be done.
Speaker 6: I have not mastered this craft.
Speaker 5: My father has a downpack and he, like for a long time, has been like you got you gotta get it. You gotta figure how to just leave it at the door so you can just go on and live the rest of your life. And I don't know how my email is dinging and I'm worried about did everything get done? And did everyone have a good time? And are we coming in on bud? Like it's just I can't I don't know how.
Speaker 4: Same can't not respond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about those people you send an email to and they don't reply till like Monday morning. I've never been that guy.
Speaker 2: Like, when's the last time you went on a vacation, a real vacation where you were like, I'm not even gonna answer my phone. Nobody's gonna hit me up.
Speaker 1: I never do that.
Speaker 2: It never doesn't happen. It doesn't happen, right, I never.
Speaker 1: I mean, even if I'm on some beautiful beach somewhere, I have my phone with me, I don't not reply to an email. But that would be probably good to do. I know my my shrink does that. He tells me that he he goes like for like ten days or two weeks once a year, and he doesn't. He puts his phone in the hotel safe and his wife has a phone in case you know, there's emergency, she can be reached, and he doesn't look at his phone for like that long. That's I can't imagine doing that.
Speaker 6: It sounds really nice, I aspire.
Speaker 2: I think it would make me anxious, right, But then Kelso can come to work the next day and then go through everything he goes through, and then once again turn it off once he leaves. Well.
Speaker 1: I think also he's talking about the decisions that this man has to make. They're trying to human Bill I think is obviously trying to humanize Kelso a bit here and say, the decisions that he has to make are so enormous, and he has to look at the greater good. So the fact that he has to kiss the ass of this potential financial donor who could if that person is happy, then give money to reopen the neonatal unit. He has to make these giant life and death decisions and and and in a way he can't. He couldn't function if he didn't find some coping mechanism, some way to leave it all on the front steps. But we see in the end that that's not true. He's still right, he is human. I think this is you know, this is a beautiful episode for Ken. He was incredible, but you really see that he's uh, he's he's putting on a facade that we the younger doctors might see him as heartless, but he's actually putting on a front.
Speaker 2: It was actually a really good episode. Like, you know, I was dreading when we got to this point in the show when the show started to get wacky and and silly, because our jokes were genuine before this, like they were genuine jokes that we earned, and now we're just making slapstick. We're being you know, we're being really goofy, And I was worried that I wasn't gonna like the show when we got here. But I'm laughing really, really hard. And somehow there's still moments in the show that may you say, oh shit, that's right, this is Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you so far? Do you think? I mean, I look at season five, is noticing a turn. I mean, Billy will even say he had to find a way to make it new and it's interesting for himself. But I noticed that it's taking a sillier turn. But I am still really enjoying this season.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean, That's what I mean, I'm still laughing so hard. You know, I was afraid that I wouldn't be I was afraid that I was going to be like, oh man, this is come on.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: We look at us just not really and we're not phoning it in, but we're like so, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know I'm phoning in. If we were phoning it in, I think then that would be a reason to be like, oh, this has jumped the shark. What it is is just it's a it's a tone shift a bit so far.
Speaker 2: But everybody is so gun ho with this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're all excited and we're all clearly finding it funny. I mean, what about chest hands?
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, we go to a fantasy.
Speaker 1: Where I've had Elliott's hands put on my chest. Yes, she's got stubs yeah yeah, wrists, yes, and she can enjoy the popcorn so I have to feed her, yes, with my chest hands.
Speaker 2: Yes. What about the pool, the four pool joke? What is it?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well with something the hotties at the pool. There ain't no women at the pool. There's always women at the pool, not the ymc A pool on Sundays. There you go, you could go there. You ever been to the YMC a pool on Mannight, It is like, what the hell, dude.
Speaker 1: Well, I have no idea. It's just a I guess it's a gay night at the YMC. A joke.
Speaker 2: No, yes, that is. It is a gay joke. Yes, but it's like it comes out of nowhere, out of nowhere. None of these jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of it's out of nowhere. What about when I say I would never swim in a ponds serpents?
Speaker 2: Come on, what do we do doing?
Speaker 1: And I'm sitting here laughing my ass off. It's funny.
Speaker 2: Who cares exactly? Well, exactly I want for the for the fans. From the for the fans point of view, I wonder if they could tell the tonal shift. I'm sure they can, of course, but.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it with shows that you watch that aren't one that you started, and you go, oh, yeah, this season's a little different. I'm sensing they shifted a little bit, but I'm still enjoying it, you know, Right with Mandalorian and your favorite show, I think like, well, I was about to definitely definitely changed tones for me a bit. I was still enjoying it, but it wasn't exactly the same show in my opinion.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to say. I was going to say, it really does. Usually when shows shift tonally the show has jumped the shark, or is it's over. I feel like we still have ton of story to tell. It's just going to be a new way of us telling it.
Speaker 1: We were talking about Dave the show before you came on the air, and which I think is fucking amazing. But definitely there's a slight shift this year's this season so far, it's even darker and weirder. But I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. Right.
Speaker 2: My point is, I feel like it's rare that it's like that. And I was so worried that when we got here, I was gonna be like, maybe this isn't the show that I thought it was. But it still is. It's funny. We still you know, it might be cartoony, but it's so funny it maybe it makes me laugh so hard.
Speaker 1: I think we were all having a blast. I mean, I think that's why it shows. We were just we were having a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even my wife is still laughing. My wife says, she like, what the hell is going on here? But she's laughing so hard, you know, and she's the and she's and she's my you know, what is it my.
Speaker 1: Meter barometer, your barometer?
Speaker 2: Thank you, she's my barometer on what's funny and what's not funny. Because if she laughs, I know there has to be some funniness to it. And she's cracking up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their intimate is for serpents, the.
Speaker 2: Serpent?
Speaker 1: What about the What about the doctor who says I'm gonna have to numb you?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no numb no no no. That was another that was a joke before where okay, so it was I gotta I got a case of doctor please, I got a case of the gotta seums. Remember that one where Elliot's showing everybody her boobs in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's early on.
Speaker 2: Right, So I got a case of the God of seams. One of the other jokes, one of the alternates, was I got a case of the numb numbs. And she goes the numb numbs, he goes, yesum, number numb.
Speaker 1: What about when the janitor goes, I'm busy cleaning and then everyone just starts laughing. But I can't decide if he's meant to be a good janitor because I think he's I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, well, he's definitely a leader. He's definitely definitely a leader if he can get all of these people together for Jiggly Ball.
Speaker 1: No, he's well connected, obviously, but he makes so many jokes about all the work he doesn't do. But he seems to always be working. Yeah, but then he has a lot of side projects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Squirrel Army, but that was season two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm sure he still has and maintains his Squirrel Army. Or does he sell it? I think he mentioned selling.
Speaker 2: It for for I don't know. I don't want to be wrong. Let's ask Trevor. Can we ask Trevor?
Speaker 6: He does so, that's an episode we already covered. He does so. He sells the Squirrel Army to.
Speaker 1: Stephen.
Speaker 6: I thought it was for Elliott. I'll look it up. It's here somewhere.
Speaker 1: I think it was to buy Steven.
Speaker 2: No, he owed, Is that what it was? Because he owed he owed, uh, Carla a favor or something like that, because he was scared. I don't know, I don't remember. It's crazy how we were going over this show and already we're forgetting what we went over.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't. We don't have the greatest memories you and I put together.
Speaker 6: You know you are right, Zach.
Speaker 5: The Squirrel Army is subsequently traded over the internet for Steven, the replacement for Rowdy.
Speaker 1: There you go. One of those smokes, a lot of whed and one, doesn't.
Speaker 2: You know, Zach, when we put our heads together, we really come up with nothing.
Speaker 1: Yep, one one equal zero. All right? Should we go to break and then we'll have a guest. We'll be right back. I'm sorry, Donald, Sorry, Donald, I'm just sitting down.
Speaker 6: It's just Zach's abs.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Donald, did you shift? Did you shift?
Speaker 2: I didn't shift.
Speaker 1: I got into one day.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get into those ab crevices with you. Dick.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: Ah, come straight to the top.
Speaker 1: You have creamble in there. That was good. All right, we have a caller. Let's bring them in. My friend Daniel got a.
Speaker 11: Game you can talk to, you know, like a bottle smoke. Some maybe talking about the episode. So come on, let's get the show off.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, get it up. For Ryan, Hi, I he been g rated today. Ryan. For you? You got your kiddos with you for a little while.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, how are you? Welcome to the program?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 10: Hi everyone?
Speaker 1: And what's your Is that your wife's name?
Speaker 10: I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: Ryan and Lynn have two adorable children on their laps, so Donald will not say anything inappropriate.
Speaker 6: Really going to town on these pretzels.
Speaker 1: Where are you guys? Where are you guys? Call us from San Diego?
Speaker 2: No, San Diego the.
Speaker 1: Most beautiful place. It's the most beautiful place. I mean, it's really where God invented. It's really where God wanted us to live.
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely, you.
Speaker 1: Know it's the perfect temperature always, it's the most beautiful place.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 10: I was representing as well too.
Speaker 2: Nice. I like that Star Wars and the herse. What do I keep saying in there?
Speaker 6: Stuck on it?
Speaker 2: Now? I know why.
Speaker 1: I have an idea why you might be doing that. Do you want to know? Yeah, yeah, you're stuck on it like it's like this particular episode, it's become your what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Willis to talk about Will list A dal Shoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ryan, welcome to the program. Do you have a question for us? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I was gonna start with showing you guys a picture a little bit first, it's my profile pol in a little bit.
Speaker 6: It looks like tall doctor, but it's tall graduate.
Speaker 10: Yes, it is indeed a little bit of my background. I am a physical therapist, but as of this year, stay home dad for obvious reasons. That picture was about a week or so before my Pet School graduation when we got our gowns, and that was with one of my best friends from Pet School, Albert Uh. He and I were big fans of the show, and we looked at each other and said, world's most giant doctor of physical therapy.
Speaker 1: Nice man. I appreciate the shout out. And you're clearly a Star Wars fan, which Donald Will and Joel will appreciate.
Speaker 10: Yes, as biggest fans of you guys.
Speaker 1: But yes, yes, you can't stump them. Do you know what the name of Boba FET's ship that was just changed because of the of the name of the ship. It was just changed to something else. I do It was slave one. That's the level of knowledge I have. Yeah, all right, Ryan, get ahead. Do you have a question for us?
Speaker 2: You just make me angry sometimes.
Speaker 1: I know I love you, just love just hold it in y.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: My question, Uh kind of ties into my career story. As well too a little bit. But you know, of course of the pandemic, that has been a career shift for me. But I've also had another career shift and actually going into physical therapy. Uh. You know, I always knew I wanted to go into medicine and be a healthcare provider, but my wife was one who kind of directed me towards, uh, physical therapy. We started dating when she has a second year medical student and I was studying to go into medical school. But I just saw the rigor and you know how much she was studying for her board exams, and you know, I kind of thought, I don't know if I wanted that kind of lifestyle. And so she had worked amongst physical therapists in the hospital while she was rotating, and yeah, she kind of steered me that direction. And you know, I haven't looked back since and havn't regretted my decision. You know, I'm still in the healthcare field, got my doctorate of course, still, So I was just wondering for you guys, was there any moment in your guys' careers or was like a role or anything that caused you guys to kind of like shift or change career path a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, you know, I Hm, I always knew I wanted to be an actor. Since I was five. I had been saying, you know, I'm going to be an actor when I get older. That was one thing that all my when my friends were like, I don't know what I want to do, I was very clear on it, and I had already started making moves to make that dream come true at a very young age. You know, I talk about stop motion a lot on this podcast.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: You know, I like to think that would have been my career path if I had not. Animation would have been my career path if I had not chosen to be an actor. But there's never been a moment where I was like, you know what, I'm just going to shift careers and change what I do or what I want to do, because it's always been acting.
Speaker 1: Yeah me too, man, I can't say that I know that's been a Choosing careers can be really stressful and confusing for a lot of people. I guess I've been always blessed that the second I knew it was a job, I've said on here, the second I saw my dad doing a community theater for fun. He was a trial attorney, but his hobby was doing the local plays. And I was like eight years old, and I remember thinking like, wait a second, hold on, this is a job, like you can do this, This could be something that you're allowed to do and you make money doing this. I never, I never, I never looked back. I knew that I would somehow be involved in trying attempting to entertain people really well with it, Thank you so much. I've liked physical therapists. It feels nice. Oh god, it does right when they get into that spot. I had a I had a rotator cuff injury from skin.
Speaker 2: I have a rotator cuff injury right now.
Speaker 1: Dude, baby said, listen, you gotta take a thera gun and put it on there. My therapist is the one who introduced me to the thera gun. I didn't know if they're a sponsor on here anymore. They used to be, but they that's that's a great product. And it felt so nice when he did it.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, Yeah, could you just go on like this hurts?
Speaker 1: I feel it, but I but the doctor told me eventually He's like I did everything. I did everything you can do. PRP is that what's something Ryan. I did everything you can do, and he said, the only thing I have to do is surgery, and he goes, you don't want to have shoulder surgery. It's a fucking nightmare.
Speaker 2: So I just live with it. Surgery is one of those things that they sometimes don't get it right.
Speaker 1: Huh No, it's just that well Ryan can answer, but that I do. But he said, you're at least six months in a sling and I was like, I'm good.
Speaker 10: M Yeah, yeah, you want custods, especially if you're active.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he said, he said, you know you have to peel. You have to peel the muscle back to fix it and then put it back. And he's like, this is if you can operate with it, and you're just He's like, just don't do that. So I don't raise my hand anymore. Right, Basically, if you called upon yeah, if I have a question, I go left you all right, Ryan, you got another question for us?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 10: And this one actually is directly related to an episode of Scrubs. The episode was in season eight, which I know is a little bit further along or you guys are The episode was my cousin you guys recall that episode or not, But that one involved the Wiener cous pledge.
Speaker 1: Wien your cousin.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, that had to be one of the funniest episodes of TV I've ever watched at any show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, of course. And do you have Wiener cousins in your line?
Speaker 2: I was about to say, do you have a winder Custer?
Speaker 1: This is leading to you having a Wiener cousin.
Speaker 2: I hope this, I truly hope. This means that you have locked, you have docked.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no your cousin. Yeah, Wien your cousin is not docking. Donald, It means that you have connected. No, you don't recall. It means that you have occupied the same volva.
Speaker 2: Not at the same time, but.
Speaker 1: No, no, at different times, at different time. Yes. So, Ryan, is this leading to you having a share a volva volva with a friends story because we love those?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 10: Not, but I was just dying with laughter when they were showing all the background players, especially Colonel Doctor and Snoop Dogg residents at this time. Yeah. Uh, they were enacting the you know bow or plag the shape right uh. And what got me was us the last scene when it was Kelso and the janitor and acting these.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember. We haven't gotten that far. Donald and I are not Wien your cousins.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I don't think we don't and I don't know that we will ever be Wiener cousins.
Speaker 1: Well now I can say that we won't be.
Speaker 2: But well, you never know.
Speaker 1: You might we might have been Wiener cousins and not known it.
Speaker 2: You might jump back into my past and get with some of the young hotties that I grew up with, or I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's in my future, but.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is.
Speaker 1: It's pretty hard to be you know, I I you know, I think good friends have a rule saying that obviously things happen accidentally. You didn't know that you that you that you had you had vacated that particular.
Speaker 10: Volv Well, I was just wanted to find out who you guys thought was there Kelso and the janitors.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question. Who would Kelso and John Nitder have both been with Laverne? Yeah, Oh my gosh, gotta be Laverne at the pool party, at the above ground pool party, Oh my gosh. Because we never know what goes down at those above ground pool parties and we assume that it's definitely sexual and that there's drugs involved.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. A bunch of doctors high on drugs. Fucking you can't beat that with a baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love that. That would be a great Everyone's like, make a Scrubs movie. I would make the above Ground I would make the LaVerne's above Ground pool party movie.
Speaker 2: The movie's basically a comedy for the first forty five minutes, and it's just straight porn for the last minutes.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Aloma Wright's going to be down with that. Do you want to make the call? Because, as you recall, she is a church going woman. I don't think she's going to be down for part What if you're like, Alma, you're only in part one. By the way, if we did make a Scrubs movie, it would be a great sort of spine, if you will, for the film. The structure to make it all cutting in and out of one insane day at LaVerne's above pool party. Yeah, like it splinters off from but it all takes place at the pool party, and it combs off to all the mayhem that happened kind of like that movie you Love with Rogan and Franco Maine about the end of the World.
Speaker 2: I love that movie. Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. All right, it's time for San Diego's favorite segment. Everyone, It's time to fix your lie. All right, Ryan, you seem like you've got a great life. You live in San Diego. For goodness sakes, everyone would love to live in San Diego. Do you live in La Joya?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll move to La Joya because that's your neighborhood in San Diego.
Speaker 2: Where are you living in San Diego?
Speaker 1: Del Sero?
Speaker 2: Okay? You haven't go to the Old Glob the Old Globe theater.
Speaker 10: I walked fasted any times?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, Donald wants you to go see a play there because he wants to a place.
Speaker 2: They do a lot of Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: There's not just Shakespeare, they do regular non shakespeare in plays as well. Donald, I believe like yours, Steve Martin wrote it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very nice.
Speaker 1: You didn't go see it, No, but it is a La Joya playoffs as well. Great place to see theater and a great place to go to the beach. And it's a beautiful place. I feel like we're doing an ad for San Diego. How can we help you, Ryan, We want to fix your life. Even though your life seems to be amazing, beautiful wife, two children. You gotta smile on your face. You can't possibly need anything fixed.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Thank you. I was actually contemplating this section for a while, and originally I wanted to ask me about kids, but I think we had that cover. But you know, since I had the chance to talk with you guys as artists, I was thinking, you know, what does it take to start a podcast? I've thought of some idea one, you know, during my time at home, and I was just curious on your guys thoughts of that.
Speaker 2: Well, you you got the hardest part down. You came up with an idea for a podcast. That's the hardest thing to do. It's easy to say I want to start a podcast, but then it's like, well what am I going to make the podcast about. You seem to say you just said you thought up the idea during your your quarantine. It's it's you know, we got very lucky. We have Daniel and Joel and they handle a lot of the business for us. And I'm not business. A lot of the uh mischis thank you for us. But you know, to start up a podcast, one you need an idea, and too you need people that want to listen to it, and you need to find a platform to use to deliver it to people. I mean, that's really all I can say. We got lucky. Somebody said to us, we really want to do a podcast with you guys, and we were like, we really want to do a podcast with you, And that's how iHeart happened. It doesn't happen like that for everybody.
Speaker 1: So you know, I think that if you have a good idea and it's something you're passionate about, first of all, it should be something you're super interested in. Donald and I are super interested in being silly and laughing with each other. We're very lucky that we have going through the show to help us because it kind of gives us a framework of things to talk about, but also we could just sit here and giggle with these two characters all day long. It's something we really enjoy. So I think your audience, and you know, you have to talk about something that that there will be an audience that will be just as interested in the subject matter as you are, and something you look forward to doing, because this isn't it's not zero amount of work. You know, it does take some work to put it out and and of course Joel and Daniell do a lot of work behind the scenes to make it all sound good. But that's my advice is that if you're going to do it and take it on, to have it be something that you're just could talk endlessly about. And also to surround yourself with good people who are great conversationalists, because, as we've said a few times, Donald and I love to chat and be silly, but we pulled Joel and Daniel onto the show and and and pulled them from behind the scenes to in front of the scenes because we find them so genuinely interesting and and good people to chat with. What you're trying to get it? Wait, that's not the one I met w Tank. I can't find you. Honor me, Daniel, you honor me, you honor me.
Speaker 4: Don't get you some stickers and we can put the little stickers on it.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to come fix the pad, you're supposed to update the pad. You're supposed to put labels on the pad. And now, yes, you think I've got a brother P touch Daniel bring You know how when people tweet shit their like, they put the clap sign after Daniel, Bring over your P touch.
Speaker 2: You should do it all at the same time.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me try that, bring over your P touch. Okay, okay. Now, when your podcast becomes a global hit like ours, Ryan, you're gonna need a sound pad and you're gonna need an engineer who refuses to update it. Okay, that's part of the sound pad. Make sure Ryan that you get an engineer who gets you a soundpad that takes a computer programmer to operate because it's so complicated. In honor of Daniel not updating the sound pad, I'm just gonna hit a random button. See what comes up.
Speaker 4: Okay, appropriate, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: This is my new favorite. We got point Dexter run the violin and Lewis then Gill would from little.
Speaker 2: We have something something on the guitar and by little old me Jamal Lamarmar Tamar.
Speaker 1: All right, Ryan, you're welcome. You're welcome. Good luck with your podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and I hope enjoyed. San Diego Man, I find an.
Speaker 1: Engineer who can give you a sound pad that What is it? Donald? We're doing a show here? What's going on?
Speaker 2: I got I got a kid in here? What's up on? Yes?
Speaker 1: Go what did he ask for?
Speaker 4: Jesus Jesus and Jesus Jesus so good right now?
Speaker 2: Yo, this kid is right now, this kid's getting good at basketball, man, like for real, for real, Like I believe he's starting to shake him bake. He's starting to shoot. It looks like he knows how to shoot now, you know what I mean. Like it's starting to happen. I'm watching him play with his friends and go buy his friends and shoot floaters, and he's watching basketball games with me. He's staying up late to watch basketball games. Like my dreams are coming true. They are coming with this.
Speaker 1: By being too like agro dad about.
Speaker 2: It, I'm not, dude. He's the one that freaking gets me to the point He's like, Dad, can we go play basketball again? I'm like, my god, I just played basketball with you five minutes ago. I'm done playing basketball. But okay, let's go. You know what I mean. Yeah, it's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Telling you one thing. Don't get too into it or he will not want to play. Okay, all right, Ryan, we gotta go. Thank you for coming. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Take care of a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be asked with you guys. I think we did it.
Speaker 1: We did do it. Oh yeah, all right, well, thank you to Ryan, and thank you all to listening. Hey, there's new merch. This is the first episode where we can tell you. Go to Cottonbeureau dot com. There's a Joel t shirt. You can finally have the quick on your shirt. There's an awesome drawing that we licensed from a beautiful artist of me riding Donald, And there's a thought bubble of an eagle, and and there's the character names on unshirt. And I don't yell at me. People are already yelling at me Donald. That says we didn't put ted on the shirt. There was only room for certain amount of we'll put ted on the next shirt.
Speaker 2: I said the same thing when I saw the ship. I'm just gonna put it out there.
Speaker 1: But you said you didn't say it to me.
Speaker 2: I know, I said it in my head.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh great, that's so helpful that you said it in your head. I said the same thing, oh to me, No, in my head. All right, we love you guys, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: And I don't tell you guys this enough. Dan, Joelle, I love you guys. I love you so much. Tank Forever, Forever. Settings ABOUTIC seven eight.
Speaker 9: Old stories that show we made, about a bunch of talks and nurses in Canada.
Speaker 2: Hula I said, here's the stories next. All should know.
Speaker 9: So gadder round you here, ur, gather around you here our Swiffe shows and no