Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, Welcome to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Podcast. I'm Pat Fitzmorris and I'm going to be doing the driving today because my podcast partner, Scott Bogman isn't here. Bogman is still in Seattle where he was attending MLB's All Star festivities. But who needs Bogman. I've brought in a special guest co host this week. It's Dave Heilman of Dynasty Dorks and other fantasy sports and sports gambling outlets. You can find them on Twitter at Dynasty Dorks. Hello Dave, thanks for joining me today. How's the summer treating you so far?
Speaker 2: It's going fast.
Speaker 3: Just got back from the Cincinnati Scott Fish Bull Live Draft. So that was a lot of fun and you can tell by the voice it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: It was a great event. John Boss shout out. He did a great job.
Speaker 1: Outstanding man. So our subject today is going to be at breakout candidates for twenty twenty three. So let's dive right in with some breakout candidates. It's the all important courquarterback position. Dave, hit me with your first QB breakout candidate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Desmond Ritter and so Desmond Ritter.
Speaker 3: There was questions whether or not he would be the starter, if they would invest in a quarterback during the draft, and they did not. And so what they did was they added another weapon to the offense. And I know there's some concern they've used top ten picks on offensive weapons and not used them correctly in the past. But Marcus Mariota, Mariota is your quarterback. You're kind of limited to the cards that you have in your hand. And so Desmond Ritter came on last year. He was a much more accurate passer who's very efficient, and you look at the rushing upside that he brings. I look at Ryan Tannehill when he was with Arthur Smith. This guy had two and eighty yards of rushing in college, had he had twenty eight rushing touchdowns in college. That's huge for fantasy football. And he threw thirty passing touchdowns his senior year.
Speaker 2: So I think this.
Speaker 3: Guy, he is going under the radar a little bit and you can get him very cheap in your super flex drafts. He's basically three one quarterback draft and he's got that rushing upside that that could bring him out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that call. And you know, I'm high on Drake London. And part of the reason I'm high on Drake London is because his efficiency really spiked after the Falcons made the switch from Mariota to Ridder last year. I think London averaged like three yards per rout run with Ridder at the end of the season. And the guy can run like four or five speed. He is a legit running threat. So it's going to be really interesting to see how that Falcons offense looks this year. So mine is Trey Lance. And man, I've just, you know, been beating this drama on this podcast for a long time, so you know, regular listeners are probably going to be sick of hearing about it by now. But this guy is so outrageously cheap for quarterback who was the third overall pick of the twenty twenty one draft and could potentially be handed the keys to a forty nine ers offense that's just laden with skill position talent in twenty twenty one. I mean, the plan was always to bring along Lance slowly because he was twenty one years old and had essentially played one year at North Dakota State, where he was facing lesser competition. But Lance broke his the index finger on his throwing hand in twenty twenty one. That was in the preseason. He said the injury forced him new changes throwing mechanics. He couldn't grip the ball properly. Made two starts as a rookie when Jimmy Garoppolo was hurt, and those two starts were neither great nor disastrous, then Lance was going to get his chance. Last year, played one game against the Bears in a rain storm, then broke his ankle in his second start. But when Jimmy Garoppolo also got her last year, seventh round Pickbrock Purty came in, played well guided the forty nine ers to a pair of playoff wins. So now Lance is going to have to vault past Perdy on the depth chart and passed free agency me Sam Darnold to win back the job. But I think he's going to get his because of the substantial investment the forty nine ers made in him. If he doesn't, and if the forty nine ers are putting their thumbs on the scale for brock Purdy, who by the way, played a lot of really bad defenses last year that I think made him look better than he actually might be. If that's the case, then look you might have to sit on him ayear and not get anything. But I think he would get his chance with someone in twenty twenty four. You know, we know Lance is the sort of rushing ability that moves the needle for fantasy. He averaged fifty eight rushing yards in his first three NFL starts, then broke his ankle on the fourth on a designed run for Trey Lance. So Lance's arm talent two and you know we saw video and OTA's it looked like he cleaned up some of the mechanics that might have gone awry with that broken index finger. Yeah, so I'm bullish here and the price is plummeted. Are you are you with me on Lance? Dave or I mean, he is a polarizing guy in Dynasty. I you know, I won't hate you if you're not with me here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's he's really tough. So with any player, it just comes down to the price. And if you can possibly heade your bets and get Rock Purty and Trey Lance, you could end up with two quarterbacks on different teams and two twenty four that nothing's saying they couldn't move on from Rock Party if they moved to Trey Lance. But yeah, I think I was surprised Tree Lance didn't get traded this offseason. But Brock Purty's injury really made things difficult. But yeah, we'll see how this class comes next year. But Trey Lance will be on the you know, the last year of his rookie contract minus the fifth year option, and they'll be forced to make a decision on him soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, you got another quarterback breakout candidate for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Sam Howe.
Speaker 3: And so again, looking at these second year quarterbacks that I honestly thought might be replaced in the draft by you know, Will Levis or Hendon Hope, and they weren't.
Speaker 2: And so I know Jacoby.
Speaker 3: Brissett is there, and I think that that's baked into his cost. You're not having to pay a whole lot for Sam Howe. But Sam Howe is another player that brings rushing upside. You look at his last season at North Carolina eight and twenty eight yards and eleven touchdowns.
Speaker 2: That's huge. I'm sure people that play college fantasy football loved it. And then you looked at his one start.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to try to extrapolate one start and say this is what he's projected to do. But five carries thirty five yards in his one start against the Dallas Cowboys last year. So you're looking at a guy that's got a great set of weapons. He's got a pretty bad defense, They're probably going to be playing from behind quite a bit, and you got the rushing upside, and he's going as QB twenty eight, twenty nine. Right now, I'm okay with grabbing him, especially if he's my third quarterback and seeing what happens here.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see with this Eric b enemy offense.
Speaker 3: Look like they got a good running game and they have three receivers. Yeah, Jahan Dottson had seven touchdowns last year, Curtis Samuel, He's he's really good last year coming off of injury, and of course Terry McLaurin, Oh yeah, Logan Thomas coming back. But I'm really focused on those receivers. So I think he's just he set up for successful weapons.
Speaker 1: He's really intriguing. And granted the twenty twenty one rookie QB class was not a good one, but Howell had my favorite prospect profile. I mean, he hit the ground running as a freshman at North Carolina in the acc A Power five Conference, and you know, like two really good seasons right off the bat, a little bit of you know, either plateauing or slippage in year three after he lost Javonte Williams, Michael Carter, Jammy Brown, Das Newsom. Tell me, Dave, do you prefer straight up Desmond Raider or Sam Howell.
Speaker 3: I will say Desmond Ritter over Sam Howe. I do think they're a better team. And something I didn't mention earlier was just how bad that division is You're looking at. You know, Tampa Bay could be one of the worst teams in the league. You have Carolina they were you know, they were up there as one of the worst teams in league last year.
Speaker 2: And then you have the Saints.
Speaker 3: We'll see what they look like with Derek Carr, but I'm gonna go with Desim Rider and I love the Bijon Robinson addition, take a whole lot of pressure off of him with having a good running game. That was a good running game last year because that offensive line is really good and they turned Tyler al Jear and other running backs into into stars.
Speaker 2: And you have you know, Corrido. Ra Pattinson is there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play action could be really effective with that offense. And man, I have Howll ranked one spot ahead of Ritter, but I'm like really torn on that. As I mentioned, I mean, I thought, how of the best prospect profile in that class, but you know, Draft Capital didn't really agree with hol being I think the first pick of the fifth round and Ritter going in the third. So yeah, it's going to be really fascinating to see how those two guys do this year. Are there any rookie quarterbacks you think could like pop right away and you have a rookie breakouts Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the only one is Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: I know it's kind of low hanging fruit, but Marcus Grant said it tastes the same, you know, to work so hard for it, and so I just I think the other receipt, like the other situations like Bryce Young and CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud, really tough situations.
Speaker 3: Will Levis is going to have to have something happen to Ryan Tannehill, So yeah, I think Andthrey richards is the only one that I think has the potential for Preak Cup this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Today's show is all about twenty twenty three potential breakout players, so you're going to hear about some of my favorite targets in Dynasty leagues. But if you want to see some of the other guys I'm high on, check out an article on my favorite Dynasty startup targets by visiting Fantasy Pros dot com slash Startup. And by the way, if you enjoy the Fantasy Pros Dynasty podcast and when you interact directly with me and my usual co host, Scott Bogman, join us for a weekly discord chat every Friday at five pm Eastern, where we will be answering questions each week. For premium subscribers, it is a stages event, so not only can you ask us questions with the chat function, you can come up on stage and talk to Bogman and I directly. But again, the Weekly Dynasty Chat with Pat Fitzmorrison Scott Bogman is a premium service. It's only available to premium subscribers, so be sure to subscribe. Get axt us to all our great tools and contents, then come hang out with me and Bogman. All right, on to running backs, Dave, give me your first breakout candidate.
Speaker 3: It's Alexander Madison, and I know we've been waiting a long time. He's been like that premiere handcuff that everyone gets. If you've got Dalvincook, you always just had to go around and double up without center Madison. But when Dalvincook was out, they turned to Madison. This offseason he signed it a pretty good contract for running backs these days, and it's a two year deal, and it had all the writing on the wall that Dalvin Cook would be out. He had seventy seven percent of the carries when Dalvin Cook was out.
Speaker 2: He was his third round draft capital.
Speaker 3: When in the six games that Dalvin Cook was out, Alisonder Madison has stood in there as a solid fantasy option eighteen point one to three points per game in point five twenty points per game in PPR, and he's had four point five targets. That's a seventh His target share would rank seventh most running backs. So Alexander Madison and there are some haters out there that are keeping the price in check, which is great because I like Madison. Can I say one hundred percent confidence that he's going to get a Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 2: Type of workload? I don't know, but with the price it's at, I think he's a solid RB two with RB one upside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really unknowable how the Vikings are going to operate that backfield with Dalvin Cook gone, whether mad and it's going to be, you know, a workhorse sort of the head of a committee or just if it's gonna be like a full blown committee where you know it kills the value of everyone. But here's some pressure, Dave. If if you had to make a pick here, who would you bet out of the guys behind him? Ty Chandler, Rookie, Dwayne McBride, Kenna wang Wu. Who do you think is going to be the number two in terms of fantasy value this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was going through this and I would probably just take the cheapest guy in ad B if I were to get them on my team, because it is difficult.
Speaker 2: Ty Chandler has some speed, but I'll go long.
Speaker 3: I like the size as well as the quickness, his ability to catch out of the backfield.
Speaker 2: I'm Dwayne McBride.
Speaker 3: I like him, but I was really disappointed in the draft capital he hasn't shown us that he can catch the ball.
Speaker 2: So even if he does get some playing time.
Speaker 3: Is he going to get valuable touches in the passing game or things like that, So I'll take I'll take him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definite passing game limitations for McBride, but potentially goal line usage. You know, I like Chandler. I guess Chandler would be my pick just because I think he has a chance to be their designated passing down guy. But man, Wong Wu that guy gets the ball, he looks like he has been shot out of a cannon. Like he is fun to watch. You know. Maybe he's never anything but a kick returner primarily, but man, I'd love to see that guy get a chance to show his stuff in the backfield.
Speaker 3: His size is what stands out because you see how fast he is.
Speaker 2: You hear about how fast he is, and then you're.
Speaker 3: Like, wait a minute, this guy's six foot two, fifteen pounds, Like right, yeah, like he's a he's a big guy for how fast he is, and yeah, he is absolutely explosive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so minus cam Akers and you know, this is a guy who I think could definitely jump up a tier or two. In twenty twenty three, he led the NFL in rushing over the final six weeks of the twenty twenty two regular season and ranked running back four and a half point PPR, scoring over that stretch more than one hundred rushing yards in each of his last three games. Acres doesn't have a lot of competition in the Rams backfield. I mean, I know some people see Zach Evans being this existential threat to Cam acres primacy in that backfield, but you know, Evans was a late sixth round pick, so they hit rate for late sixth rounders not great. And you've got Kyron Williams there. He's small and slow. I don't see him as being much of a threat. And if we see Rams head coach Sean McVay lean on Acres the way he used to lean on Todd Gurley, I mean we could really be cooking with gas here with Acres, who's now two years removed from that devastating achilles injury. He sustained his rookie year. So going in new his age twenty four season, still time for Acres to pop. I'm optimistic that this is going to be his breakout year. Who's next for.
Speaker 2: You, Dave, It's mister JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 3: And so throughout his career he's been a solid back, but health has definitely been you know, concern.
Speaker 2: Fourteen points per game when he gets ten plus touches.
Speaker 3: As far as true yards per carry, before the ACL, he was first breakaway breakaway percentage first, third and yards per touch, fifth in elusiveness seventh and fantasy points per touch.
Speaker 2: This is before the ACL.
Speaker 3: So after the ACL, how does he look second in elusiveness third and breakaway percentage fourth and true yards per carry, ninth in yards per touch.
Speaker 2: And we know that.
Speaker 3: When he came back, he saw the big run and he had a run out of bounds, had a little hitch in his giddy up.
Speaker 2: He looked a lot better through the last four.
Speaker 3: Games of the season and you saw he he was one of the best running backs in the league those last four weeks. That was really good as far as seeing him be healthy, and that's the most important things. He goes into this year healthy, and I think the offensive with Todd Monkin being there, it's going to be a more fast based offense, more attempts, more opportunities, and more goal line work for Dobbins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I haven't been ready to shove all the chips in on JK. Dobbins I think I might have him on like one of my dynasty leagues. But man, you said it when he came back initially, and I don't think it was in week one. I don't think he was ready till week too or week three last year. But yeah, he was still kind of limping and it's like, oh, no, is this guy ruined forever? But then he went in and had that cleanup surgery. And when he came back from that after missing like six weeks, I mean, it looked like the old JK. Dobbins that we saw and were so impressed by at Ohio State. So hopefully he is back to being that guy. And yeah, Lamar's back could be wheels up for JK. Dobbins in twenty twenty three. So I'll stay in the AFC North and go with a guy who's a little further under the radar, Jerome Ford. And so with the Ravens or excuse me, Browns seemingly disinterested in bringing back the unsigned Kareem hunt Ford is expected to be Nick Chubb's primary backup. Not a lot of competition for him there, and we know Chubb has had some significant knee injury knee injuries in the past Ford ran for thirteen hundred yards and twenty touchdowns in his final year at the University of Cincinnati. Though he doesn't have quite the power Nick Chubb has, Ford's a pretty powerful dude. It's like two hundred and ten pounds and he will absolutely run through arm tackles. He's got a physical style. This is a potentially valuable asset, and he is very cheap in dynasty formats right now? All right, Dave, who's next for you?
Speaker 2: Actually that's I'm going to the receivers.
Speaker 1: Oh is it where we were we going to talk about Rashad White at all?
Speaker 3: Or im my mistake. I wasn't gonna talk about Rashad White.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, let's do that because he's kind of one of my guys too. I mean I loved his skill set last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, my apologies yet, Rashad White is you know, you talk about not having any competition in the backfield, There's nobody I'm gonna get Chase Edmonds, Keyshawn Vaughan and Sean Tucker. As much as I was excited about Sean Tucker the draft capital he didn't get drafted at all. And Rashad White, he is another guy that profiles as a pass catcher and so you're looking at somebody that could have a three down skill set. They really turned to him after the bye week last week and gave him the keys, and you know, you know, the offensive line had some shuffling around that needed to be done last year. I think they lean a little bit on Rashad White with the quarterback situation, and he's someone that could really get a large, large share of the workload here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the fact that he was able to have such a big role last year in that offense when Tom Brady was running it, because it was pretty important with Tom Brady at quarterback, completely immobile at age you know, fifty eight or whatever he was last year, that they had a guy who could protect him and be a viable dump off target because you know, Brady did not like holding under the ball and he would dump it off in a heartbeat if he was under duress. So, you know, even though Leonard fourd atted more targets and more catches, White was a pretty prolific pass catcher in year one, and like that's just a skill that's going to age well in dynasty. So he's going to be valuable for a long time, even if he does have competition, Even if the Buccaneers were to be the you know, surprise signers of Dalvin Cook, or if they brought in Zeke Elliott or re signed Fournettes, like, I still think White would be a pretty, you know, pretty viable fantasy back this year and long term. He's just going to hold his value because of that shearer skill set. You know, since we did talk about potential breakouts for rookie quarterbacks, I'll ask you the same thing about the running backs, Stave, and we'll skip past Bijon Robinson and Jamior Gibbs, you know, top twelve picks. I think everyone expects big things from them in year one. Any of the rookies you think could maybe surprise us? I know, like none of these guys are walking right into workhorse roles besides Bijon, and you know Gibbs will have a pretty substantial role too. But is there anyone you really like and think could be an under the radar gem in this rookie class.
Speaker 3: It is tough because all of them, you know, they appear to be buried on the depth chart, and a lot of them behind some really good backs.
Speaker 2: So Kendre Miller is interesting.
Speaker 3: With the Alvin Kamara suspension possible, we would think Jamal Williams would probably step in, but Kendrey Miller could get some work. But Rashawn Johnson, I think it could be an open competition there. You look at Leil Herbert is the he's currently the back, and then you have Deonta Foreman, who they brought over on a one year deal. Herbert would be a free agent in two seasons, but they used fourth round draft capital on Rashawn Johnson and I think that does speak volumes on how they think about him. I was at the combine and there was a lot of talk about teams viewing him as a number one, and he does have even though he's huge, he's you know, he's six foot two tour and twenty five to thirty pounds, he still has a pass catching skill set.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget to play.
Speaker 3: Texas actually put Bijon Robinson on one sideline and put Roshan Johnson on the other sideline, and it was just flexing the talent they had at the running back position. So I'll give Rashawn Johnson my potential sleeper Rooky breakout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he you know, Bijeon's backup, but he was very well regarded in Austin, and you know he's going to work his way into the mix. I think in Chicago right away. Yeah, my guys, Devon Hchane. I think listeners of this show know how I feel about Achane. Like, yes, he's small, and I know a lot of people turn their noses up at sub two hundred pound running backs, but man, I think he can be the next wark done like this. Dude's obviously blazing speed four point three to two at the combine, but remarkable contact balance for a smaller guy. Andy average twenty three point two touches a game for Texas A and M last year. So I'm really kind of crossing my fingers that the Dolphins do not sign Dalvin Cook. But even if they do, I'm high on Chane and Dynasty. I think he's got a bright future. All right. Before I move on with the show, I want to announce the winner of the autograph Deontay Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers jersey courtesy of Bettingpros dot Com. It's Hunter Meeker. Hunter. Please get in touch with our customer support agents at mail Bag at Fantasypros dot com with your mailing address and proof of your subscription to the Fantasy Prosutube channel, and we will get that jersey shipped out to you asap. Again the winners, Hunter Maker, Congratulations Hunter. Our next giveaway is for a free Ultimate Custom Championship Belt from our friends at Trophy Smack. To win, all you have to do is subscribe to the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel. Comment on this video and that's it. And if you love our content, please give us a like and click that belt to get notified each time a new video drops. All right, onto the critical wide receiver position, Dave. I don't know about you, but you know I always like to build through the wide receiver position in Dynasty. Who's your first breakout candidate for twenty twenty three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this guy's probably been on everybody's breakout list for three years.
Speaker 2: But it's Cherry Judy and in Sean Payton. I trust.
Speaker 3: Sean Payton has had one thousand yard receivers. Lance Moore was a thousand yard receiver. Brandon Cooks did it twice, Michael Thomas four times, Jimmy Graham twice. You have Marcus Colston six times, this guy turned Devery Henderson into a fantasy football star. Sean Payton knows what he's doing. He's building the offensive line, so he has the foundation for his house. And this guy and eleven out of his fifteen seasons had a top five offense. His guy's also had a top one offense.
Speaker 2: And this is a.
Speaker 3: Team that every single thing that you could have gone bad last year did And so Jerry Judy last year, at the end of the season really started to develop some chemistry with Ross was additioned by subtraction with Hackett being out of there. He was fifteen point five points per game at the end of the season last year, which is pretty good. And if he can keep that up, I think he's going to be the number one in that offense. And you know, as far as you know, as far as Jerry Judy, we know he's got the first run draft cap, but we know he's got the talent.
Speaker 2: That's never been the question.
Speaker 3: It's just always been really back quarterback play, Drew locks ray in the ball everywhere or QB injuries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't get quite the full Jerry Judy breakout last year, but we got a little taste of it. For sure, the ordure, the amuse bouche, and I hope we get the you know, the main entre this year because he is exciting and like he's got two ways to win. The guy's a really good route runner and he's terrific after the catch. So I'm enthusiastic about him. And like you said, man, the Sean Payton arrival, and thanks for the tripped on memory Lane by the way with Lance Moore and Debrie Henderson. That that was fun to you know, remember those guys for fantasy. My guy is Johan Dotson and in twelve games last year, seven touchdowns and five top twenty scoring weeks at the wide receiver position. I mean he's really fast for four speed and plays to it, good route runner, great after the catch, and tyreek hill for a smaller receiver, he is like punching above his weight in contested catch situations. He will go up and get it. Yes, Terry McLaurin is there too, and you know the unproven Sam Howlett quarterback. But while the ecosystem might not allow for a wide receiver one season this year, I do think he has like that in his range of outcomes. Maybe not this year, but twenty twenty four and beyond. I'm excited about Dobson's career trajectory, and I do think you know, there are going to be multiple wide receiver one seasons ahead of him, right Who's next for you, Dave?
Speaker 2: Mister Elijah Moore? And so Elijah Moore had a little bit of a mini breakout his rookie season. He had a six week span where he had six touchdowns in six weeks, four and fifty nine yards.
Speaker 3: Good receivers are able to do that. If you're not a good receiver, you're not going to be able to just miraculously do that in the NFL. And he gets gets QB upgrade and gets.
Speaker 2: A new town.
Speaker 3: He needed a new change of scenery. Last year, they asked him, hey, what about your chemistry with Zach Wilson.
Speaker 2: He was like, I don't get the ball, So like, what do you mean to do?
Speaker 3: I know this guy struggles a little bit with the run blocking, and part of that caused some tension with coaching staff. But the Cleveland Browns, they invested a high pick. They could have drafted a lot of these rookie receivers in the middle, Like I think it was picked forty two in the middle of the second round and they decided, I want Elijah Moore instead, and so that tells me there's confidence in him. He goes in and immediately starts at their slot receiver position. And I'm excited for Elijah Moore this year, and I just can't believe that he's his price tag. People are still sour on him, and so he's super cheap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that little taste we got from him in twenty twenty one, which he was basically doing with what Mike White mostly is his quarterback at the time. Yeah, might have been some other quarterbacks in the mix during that great stretch for him, I can't remember. But man, if we get something close to the version of Deshaun Watson that we saw when he was in Houston this year, I mean there is a high ceiling for Elijah More And he's pretty cheap in Dynasty right now, Dave like cheaper than he should be, without question. Right, I'm going to go to Traylon Burks. And yes, my enthusiasm would be somewhat diminished if the Titans do sign DeAndre Hopkins as has been rumored. But look, even if they signed DeAndre Hopkins, I mean it's still only like an average still maybe a below average wide receiver room. I mean, they just don't have much at all on the roster. It's like right now, it's Traylon Burks, it's Kyle Phillips, it's Nick Westbrook, a Kine. It is sparse. So you know, like Burks, we didn't get to see much of him last year as a rookie. Eleven regular seas and games and three hundred and ninety three snaps had some interesting flashes, but the sample size was really just too small for us to draw any firm conclusions here. But we do know that Burks was a big time producer at the University of Arkansas when he was there. That he is six two and two hundred and twenty four pounds, So this guy has, you know, a real man's body here, and he is hard to tackle when he's got the ball in his hands. So we also know the Titans spent mid first round draft capital on him, so he's going to get every opportunity to succeed. How do you feel about Burke's Dave Like he's another guy. I don't know. I feel like some people are still a little bit lukewarm on him. Other people are just you know, they're they're doing depth charts scouting and seeing that there's not much else there, and that's why they're high on him. That's really not the sole reason I'm high on him. I mean, I like the fact that he is a clear path to targets. But I don't know, how do you feel about the player generally?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the player.
Speaker 3: I think he's you know, he let all the entire class in the yards after catch coming in and that's really his specialty. And you know, he just didn't really have he didn't have an ideal rookie season. You know, we had the asthma and things that really hampered his development in the early season, and then he had that injury and so it really threw him off. But I mean he's the number one on his team, and so again it comes out to the price. My only concern with him is that a lot of people are on him. And so I did a Dynasty price check. If you look up Dynasty price check Trailing Burks on Twitter, you're gonna see it. And I was like, Wow, you can get Jerry Judy plus, you can get Calvin Ridley plus for trailing Burks. He's he is an expensive player, and that would be my only concern. But I do like the player, and if you have him on your roster, I'm not selling him for cheap because I do think especially when they get more around this team, and he's already the number one on the team, great draft capital. They've already invested highly in him, and Sky's up for him.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave, your last pick at wide receiver for.
Speaker 3: Breaking Yeah, and I apologize if this one was too easy, but you know, Garrett Wilson was not a top twelve receiver. He did hit the thousand yard mark, but he did all of this with.
Speaker 2: Just a random quarter.
Speaker 3: You had Joe Flacco, you had Zach Wilson, you had Mike White. You also had another guy. I'm forgetting his name right now. This guy led his class in Fantasy points per game success versus man versus press, and PFF graded him as the best receiver in his class, and I think all of us would do the same. This guy runs like a gazelle. He's just always open and as far as you know is in college it was the same thing, and his route running premise and his instincts just really translated to the NFL, and you get someone like Aaron Rodgers to come over there, and Aaron Rodgers is, yeah, he gives the rookies a hard time.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: Garrett Wilson is not a rookie. He does not play like a rooster. Aaron Rodgers is not a dummy. He's gonna throw to the guy that's open, and Garrett Wilson's always open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that other quarterback who Garrett Wilson was catching passes from, in addition to Zach Wilson and Mike White, the elite Joe Flacco, Dave almost forgot about him. So yeah, like I'm excited about him. And boy, it's really exciting to think about the possibility of Garrett Wilson getting DeVante Adams type targeting from Aaron Rodgers. And you know, yes, Aaron Rodgers might not be the same quarterback he was five ten years ago, but he's still pretty good. I mean, like, as a Green Bay Packers fan myself, I still feel pretty confident about you know, Rogers' ability to throw into tight windows to you know, make throws that most other quarterbacks still can't make. Like the passing talents are still just off the charts. So you know, and not a lot here otherwise. I mean it's like Alan Lazard, Mikole Hardman, Corey Davis for the time being. So yeah, it's a possible path through one hundred and forty ish targets for Garrett Wilson this year. That's really exciting. All right, I've got one more wide receiver to give you, guys, but I have to do one one other bit of business here. By now, most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform that lets you build and manage your fantasy team like an NFL general manager. But the question is, have you tried it? It's time to go and see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more. I think it sounds complicated, it's really not. The best thing about Reality Sports Online Online's front office format is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. So I think you're among the fantasy elites, Well, this is the platform to test your metal still not sure. You can test out your GM skills for free in a mock auction, and if you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league. Today Fantasy just got real at Reality sports online dot com. All right, my last wide receiver dave is Kadarius Tony. And all right, look, I know some people are going to be rolling their eyes if they've invested in Kadarius Tony the last two years, because he has dealt with a litany of injuries, just one body part after another. Pretty much every entire part in his body has been hurt at one point or another, and he even got COVID twice in the same season. But yes, this dude does have blazing speed and incredible change of actionability. He's just an extraordinary athlete and it's visible to the naked eye when he is playing football. So now he is going to be entering the season healthy hopefully, And you know, if he can play something close to a full season in an offense with Patrick Mahomes at quarterback and Andy Reid designing the plays, we could get something close to one hundred catch ten touchdown season out of him and I this guy has drawn targets at such a freakishly high rate. He has drawn a target on seventeen point three percent of the snaps he's played in the NFL, seventy seven targets on four hundred and forty five regular season snaps. Kind of a small sample size, but not that small. And just to put that seventeen point three percent figure into perspective, justin Jefferson, who led the NFL in targets last year. He drew a target on seventeen point one percent of his snaps last year. So Tony is on the field. Tony is getting the ball. Here's hoping he can stay on the field more often this year and again in Dynasty. He's cheap because of all the injuries. I highly recommend that people try to get their hands on this guy, all right, Dave, the rookie breakout question again. It's an interesting rookie class. A lot of intriguing guys here, but no one like assured of being in a situation where they're going to be able to pop right away as rookies. Who do you think could I.
Speaker 2: Would say most likely would be Jordan Addison. You know you have.
Speaker 3: You do have kJ Osborne there, but Adam feeling out Jordan Addison there, and I just I really like route runners and how they translate to the league, and you're looking at guys that can move around. You know, he's played in the slot, he's played outside in different offenses at Pittsburgh and at USC and he's got Kirk Cousins who par parentally is a a five thousand yard passer. I'm usually thirty touchdowns, and so that production has got to go somewhere. Justin Jefferson is going to get a large portion, but he's not going to get all of it.
Speaker 2: And so you have TJ.
Speaker 3: Hockinson, You're gonna have Justin Jefferson, and then who's next. And so if Jordan Addison can be that next guy, and I think he could, you know, possibly sneak into the wide receiver two territory, you know, as far as a you know why rezerver one. I don't see it in this class, but I do think you're going to see solid wide receiver too production from Jordan Addison as soon as this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think Addison is probably the best bet to pop right away in this rookie class. Some other interesting guys, maybe Jackson Smith and Jig but could do it, Zay Flowers, Quentin Johnson, the other first rounders. But yeah, I mean I do think Addison is probably best situated to pop right away. All right, let's turn to tight end, Dave, who do you got well?
Speaker 2: Jig? And so everyone's talking about Jig right now.
Speaker 3: And if you look at I know this is another small sample size kind of a guy, but if you do any research, you're looking at the advanced stats on PFF, you cannot ignore that this guy just keeps popping up. And so you look at targets per rap run leaders last year, this is all pass catchers, Tyreek Hill, Mama Saint Brown, Cooper Cup, Kyle Pitts, Chiga Konquo, like he is in that in that category yards per route run leaders, Tyrek Hill, aj Brown, Chig, Justin, Jefferson, Jalen Waddle. When you're putting yourself in these conversations, even though it's a small sample size, you have to take notice to this. And then you talked about the vacated targets and you talk about the possibility if you're looking for a top twelve tight end, really you have if you check the box of one hundred targets, you're in the club. Like it's almost a lock. You're going to be a top twelve tight end. Cole Comet was not that good last year, but he just happened to be the number two target on a team that didn't even pass the ball that much. It was top ten. So jag is he could easily be a top ten tight end this year and not even do too much. But you're looking at a guy that yards per route run it was the highest out of the tight ends period. And this guy's also a beast after the catch. So Jake could be a top ten tight end this year.
Speaker 1: He is a beast after the catch. Indeed, like he is one of the rare tight ends who feels like really dangerous with the ball in his hands. I mean obviously Travis Kelcey, George Kittle, who's you know, one of the hardest guys to tackle the league. You know a handful of other guys maybe Dallas s godd or TJ. Howkins and not too many others. Chig with the ball in his hands is exciting, and we saw that last year. I can't wait. And you know, as we were talking about with Treylon Burks. Even if DeAndre Hopkins does end up in Tennessee, like you know, it's still not a super stacked group of pass catchers. I think Chig is still going to see plenty of targets. It's sort of in the same vein a guy who was a rookie last year. I like Jilannie Woods of the Colts. Just this sweeping wingspan for the six foot seven Jalani Woods, and can really move for a big man too, Like he's fast factoring in his weight. His four point six to one time in the forty at last year's NFL scouting combine gave him an eighty eighth percentile speed score according to our friends at playerprofiler dot com, and as noted by my colleague Andrew Ericksson, Woods was second among tight ends in yards per route run over the final six games of the twenty twenty two season. Is rookie usage was kind of sporadic, granted, but Woods did see at least four targets in five of his last six games, and he had an eight catch ninety eight yard performance against the Steelers in Week twelve. I'm really excited about him as potentially like the Colts tight end. We've seen them cycle through like this goulash of tight ends the last few years with Moiley Cox and Kylon Grantson and some of these other guys. I'd love to see Julyantie just seese that job and run with it, all right, David, anyone else for you at the tight end position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'll skip straight to the rookie question. Dalton Kincaid.
Speaker 3: And so I'm looking through Mike Clay's projections and talking about them on my show, and what stood out to me was the Bill's depth chart.
Speaker 2: And I remember how they they lost in the playoffs. Part of it with that offensive line play, but they really struggled on the second half of the season with getting the ball to somebody else not named Stefan Dix, and the defenses just really took Digs away and it really slowed down the Buffalo Bills and they needed to address that. So they tried to trade up and get ahead of this wide receiver run in this draft class. They were unable to do. So.
Speaker 3: The Tennessee Titans tried to trade into the first round so maybe they could get Will Levis. Bills are right, No, we have to go get we have to get a weapon, and they got Dalton kin Kaid. And so you look at this depth chart, you have Gabriel Davis is the wide receiver too. Leil Shakir is the wide receiver three currently and so there is a world where Dalton Kinkaid operates that in that role as the slot and could end up being the second in targets on this team from Josh Allen. And this is a guy. When you talk about tight ends, you're looking for air yards. So you talk about elite tight ends, like, yes, one hundred targets is going to get you in the top twelve club, but if you want to have elite production, you're looking for guys that can get a thousand air yards. And if you look at any highlights from Dalton Kinkaid, he's making athletic acrobatic catches on the middle and second and third tier of defense is thirty yards down the field.
Speaker 2: This guy is a slot receiver in a tight end running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kinkaid is you know, by far the most exciting of a really exciting tight end class. I mean we could see other guys. We could see Sam Laporta be involved right away for the Lions. We could see Michael Mayer carve out a big role for himself right away with the Raiders. You know, the Packers have two rookies with Tucker Craft and Luke Musgrave, Like, this is an exciting class. And boyd next year with Brock Bauers coming in, who's maybe even a better prospect than Kyle Pitts. Was like, maybe there's some hope for this perennially disappointing position. And you know, we always talk ourselves into thinking tight end is a deep position, Dave, But like then, you know, guys flop. But there are some other young guys I'm kind of interested in as possible breakout candidates this year. Isaiah Likely. I mean it would probably take Mark Andrews missing some time for Likely to really pop, But man, like the little taste we got from him last year was pretty interesting. I'm a University of Wisconsin homer. But Jake Ferguson, Like, I know, the Cowboys drafted Luke's Schoonmaker on Day two, but Schoonmaker is I think he's going to be a blocking tight end. And you know, Ferguson is a pretty good pass catcher. We saw a little of that last year. Wouldn't surprise me if he became like their primary pass catching tight end had a surprising season. So and that is going to do it. For this week's episode of the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast, I want to thank Dave Holman for being my co pilot this week and playing the Kareem abdul Jabbar to my Peter Graves. Sorry if some of you younger people don't get that reference. If not, go watch Airplane, classic comedy movie. So, Dave, before we get out of here, can you tell people where they can find you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at Dynasty Dorks on all my social media.
Speaker 3: That's one word, Dynasty Dorks, our for Sportscameling podcast network. Have an article that just dropped today, one Dynasty Value per AFC team. I'll be doing the NFC. I'll write that up tonight. So thanks again for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, Dave, and I'm Pathosmorris. You can find me on Twitter at fits underscore FF. Thanks for checking out the show. My friends really appreciate you. Scott Bagman will be back in the driver's seat next week, but you should probably check out the show anyway, Just kidding, Bogman, Love you buddy. Thanks yet everyone, We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros