Speaker 1: Ring, ring, ring ring. May I please speak with Zoe?
Speaker 2: Oh, Hello, Lamurn, Let's patch and Hannah.
Speaker 3: God, I forgot what it was like working with you guys. Welcome back to our show. Welcome to our show, oh Man, fantastic show. Today we are recapping episode six of season two.
Speaker 1: Hallouey Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's another classic CC and Winston a mess around. You know what's so crazy is that it's still the little kid's song in my head when I have to spell Halloween.
Speaker 1: You know what? What's the kids song?
Speaker 3: H A W W E and spells Halloween?
Speaker 1: What the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You never sing that as a little kid at school. No, Oh, it's a song. It's a song. Somebody sound. I'm sure, Daniel Joel, can we play that link when we put this up, because I'm sure when you hear it then you'll you'll remember it.
Speaker 1: H Heangbo, Hello, Dobbo and spell Calloween, h Tank Hell, Gavel Cab and Calloween. Halloween songs that I remember was Werewolf bar mitzvah by Uh Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 3: No, you know this one? They did dumas, they did the bold Stone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that one, but I didn't I didn't.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Fun fact to this day. You know, I if you asked me to spell Halloween, I would that would freeze for a second because I'm always like, how many l's and how many ease? I know it's too easy because ween, but hello. Sometimes I'd be like, man, is it two l's and yeah.
Speaker 3: He double llo double you double and spells Halloween? Put your daughter?
Speaker 1: What Canadian?
Speaker 3: Joe? Old dan ol? Wait, you guys have to chime in. Do you guys know the song? No, I've never heard. Oh my Yeah.
Speaker 1: Me and Joel were business and every voice and sing we were singing, me and Joe. That's what me and Joel would get it too.
Speaker 3: All right, this is the Halloween. It's already scary this episode. All right, let's get a quick recap.
Speaker 1: Let's go okay now, folks. On this week's episode, everyone is attempting to update their relations status. Now that's internet speak for in real life, I'm young, and I get it and I'm with it. Now. Next, college crush Emilia played by Maria Thayer. She comes to visit give me Nick an opportunity to tell her how he feels for the first time. Now, Winston and Shelby. We know this, of course, Yet again they are in a sexual depression, and they use Halloween to try to put a spark back into their relationship. Jess, I mean wild, develops feelings for doctor Sam after she sees him interact with a pediac patient, while Schmidt does everything he can to sabotage she caes his new relationship with Robbie played by Nelson Franklin. All that's happening, guy, I love Nelson.
Speaker 3: Love Nelson.
Speaker 1: He's one of the funniest people on planet Earth. Now this entire crew. They make their way to the Haunted Fairgrounds, where Jess works a haunted house to make money in between jobs. Something about these spooky crowns brings everyone's relationship issues to life. Shelby thinks the best way to reignite the passion in her relationship is with a punny costume. Winston thinks cops are sexy. Unfortunately, neither partner sees eye to eye and they decide to break up. Meanwhile, Schmid escalates his intrusive tactics by dressing similarly to Ceci, so strangers see them as a couple. It teases Robbie about his costume, but Robbie shows how he won Case's heart by putting her needs first and building a bridge with Schmidt. That's so grown up and that's so adult. Fortunately for Robbie, the spark between Cec and Schmidt hasn't faded at all. I mean them thighs, m magic, Mike, hmmm. They become an awkward threesome as Schmidt dances his sexy Matthew mcconaugheyanus into the night. Now on the other side of the fairgrounds, Nick and jests. They encourage each other to tell their crushes how they feel. When Nick learns Sam as seeing someone else, he braves the haunted house to tell Jess before she embarrasses herself. Brave though he was, fear got the better of him, and you know what he did. He might Tyson punched just in the face. He cocked it back in everything. He knocked her the fuck out. Now, doctor Sam. He comes to her aid, but when Jess tells him how she feels, he can't reciprocate the love and chooses to leave. Inspired, Nick tells Amelia he was more in love with the idea of her than what the person she is. This earns Nick his first deserve slap in the face. Now back at exactly Now, back at the law from all the relationship dust that settled, Jess gets one revenge punch to the face. And that's what happened in episode two oh six Halloween, directed by Jesse Pretz, written by David Iserson.
Speaker 3: Let's dive in one of my favorite Halloween episodes. Oh yeah, one of my favorite Halloween episodes, purely for the Jake Johnson screams that happened when he faces the clown inside the haunted house. It's one of my favorite moments of this series. That type of scream scare me there is, By the way, there's no way, in no situation, you could get me to go into a haunted house. No, thank you, I can.
Speaker 1: I have a moment to say something. Yeah, listen, I know everyone loves a good haunted house, but let me tell you why haunted houses are bad and why I hate them so much. Are they scary? Sure, Hannah, Yeah they can be. Have I almost shipped myself in a haunted house allegedly, you know, but that's only because I was doing the juice cleans at the time and the timing was just all off. Okay, they don't. Also, they don't offer bathrooms. You know, when demons are and zombies are trying to kill you, like, where do you go to relieve that pressure on them?
Speaker 3: It's a good way to.
Speaker 1: Post exactly, And I don't. It's what I don't want to happen. I don't want anyone on, you know, in the haunted house industry to be pissed off at me, because it's a big industry, you know. I looked it up. It's over a three hundred million dollar industry, the haunted house industry, you know. But let me tell you something. If I'm a psycho killer and I just escaped from an insane asylum from killing a bunch of people, first place, I'm going Haunted House.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find victims, Hannah. And the reason being is nobody's gonna know when I've done a slaying. No one's gonna know.
Speaker 3: I don't trust Okay, I don't like it. I don't trust it. Why would you pay to be scared?
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I don't get it at all. It's just not for me. It Also, when I watched this episode, I'm like, I actually remember feeling really relieved because they I remember they were like, oh, we're gonna do a Helloween episode, and they had to because it was like a really amazing haunted house that they built. They were like, you know, but they didn't say which character was gonna have to be part of the haunted house. And I, as Hannah, was genuinely scared that my character was gonna have to be in this creepy haunted house and be attacked by spooky things. I was like, I'm gonna have to do it. I was so scared. I got really grateful that it was just gonna be Zoe and Jake.
Speaker 1: That's not for me. Friends friends all the time. Hey man, we want to go to Hollywood Hollywood horror Nights. I go, No, you're on your own the one. Okay, I don't want to do that. I've been on the hay Ride one. They chase you. No, they chase you from the woods.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, no, no.
Speaker 1: We're not doing Have you seen the movie Clownhouse?
Speaker 3: No? I don't watch horror movies either. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Let me give you the synopsis of Clownhouse really quick, just to put some more fear into your heart. Just before a Halloween, three young brothers alone in the Big House. Sam Rockwall's in this movie, by the way, Young Sam Rockwall. These three brothers, they are alone in the Big House, and they are menaced by three escape mental pace who have murdered some traveling circus clowns and taken their identity. No, that's a that's a real thing that could happen. Okay, Hello, this is.
Speaker 3: The thing if you want to know how much I hate scary movies and haunted houses in that whole spooky industry for me. Look the people that it works for. We look, I'm not taking any dollars out of their their pockets by saying this, because the people who love it love it, I know. But before New Girl, before anything, I got offered a movie because it was a friend of mine who got as big break as like a director, and it was to direct this absolutely twisted, disgusting horror film. And he knew me, and he was like, you're you know, I know your great actress. It's going to do a bunch of stage stuff whatever. He was like. It was like I want, I want you to be the lead. And it was like me having to watch like horrifying things and then being chased through the woods at night with someone racing after me with like a machete and then catching me. And I was like, I have to really do that. Though as a person, I know I'm acting, but as a person, you're gonna have me run through the woods all by myself at night. Well, you guys are way deep off doing a big wide shot with your camera while someone chases me through the woods. And I thought about like that whole like Hitchcock, you know, the Psycho, And I was just like it would haunt me forever. And even though I was trying to get my break as an actress, here's an offer for a movie. I've got a blank resume, nothing on it. I said, no, thank you. That's how much I hate it. I was like, nope, I'll give up my dream as an actor. I cannot put myself in that situation. Oh, you should maybe talk about this episode because I could talk about my fear for five hours.
Speaker 1: Sorry everybody, Sorry, everybody. Go have fun this Halloween. Go to all the haunted houses. You want nothing bad, is gonna.
Speaker 3: Get all the candy. Candy delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So in this episode, Nick, Schmidt and Winson they prepped the apartment for the for Nick's ex girlfriend to come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very sweet. He's really excited. This girl is idolized his whole life and just love from the very first sight, but doesn't really know her at all.
Speaker 1: Right, he likes the idea of her. We come to find out later on. You can kind of tell when you watch it that you know that's that's kind of what's going on there, you know. I mean, I like to get personal. Have you ever gone through something like that?
Speaker 3: I've ever gone through something like that. I've definitely. You have a crush on somebody and then you meet them and chat with them and talk about them, and it's incredible how quickly somebody that you're like, oh, they're so beautiful or they seem so smart or whatever it is, can give you the ick really fast on something that you never saw coming. And in this case, the two of them are sexually incompatible. Different physical styles, o different physical styles. So I'm like, okay, I understand, Like I get it. And that's where you go like, Nick, you need to learn to grow up a little bit and and get truth.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, let me tell you something. It's hard to tell someone who bites your lip that that's bad, that's you know.
Speaker 3: Especially no, I mean, I talk the truth of being like, this is not gonna work. You can't change how somebody like.
Speaker 1: Yes you can, Yes you can't. Don't put your backing teeth on my face? What is wrong with you? You know I am a professional actor. I have to go to work. How do you think this is gonna look when I show up with with Dracula's marks all over my body like someone's been drinking my blood, Like I'm into some weird Megan Fox and machine gun Kelly. Shit, Okay, it's not gonna look right. It works for them, it doesn't work for me. Well bites the.
Speaker 3: More either though.
Speaker 1: Now they broke up. Yeah, Hannah, stop, don't do this to me. Kinda, don't do this.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm so Look, who knows it might not be forever. I really break it next her and you could tell her that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I gotta let her know. I got to see if she's okay as a friend, obviously, yes, as a friend.
Speaker 3: Got a smile on your face, using him upset for a second, and now you realize something and now you're smiling.
Speaker 1: I just want to know you're saying machine gun killing.
Speaker 3: Slow it down more? Oh my gosh. Okay. The other thing that happens in the beginning of this episode that I think is really sweet is that because I just love it. This is like some like old rom com trope that I love so much. She finds out the guy, just finds out the guy that she's trying to be in this like meaningless sex relationship is a pediatrician, and like a sweet, fun pediatrician, which is her full crypto.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If there was somebody that you were dating very casually and you're like, I don't want to catch feelings. This person's made it clear that they'll never have those kind of feelings. Is there is there a professional kryptonite that they could have that you'd be like, oh no, you do that now. I can't help it. There's feelings and they're happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if she were like a dominatrix, I'd be like, kidding, Okay, that's scary to me. I don't know. I don't know, you know. I love funny people, comedians, like you know, if there's a if there's someone who's like a comedy writer or something like that, I'm like, oh God, I gotta do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you should put the Yeah, we're floating that out there, any you know.
Speaker 1: Any comedy writers out there, because you know, yeah, I think that's a very special trait to have, you know, especially because I'm stupid, and you know, there's if you can find the humor in my stupidity. I think that's I think that's really nice.
Speaker 3: That's so funny because that happens in this episode with Winston and Shelby is that she feels like Winston doesn't have a sense of humor and that's why they're incompatible. So you've got like sexual incompatibility sinking a relationship here. Then you've got this not having a sense of humor thing sinking a relationship. Yeah, and you have a guy who's like, I don't know what to tell you. I've been honest from the beginning. I don't feel anything for you, but I like having a physical relationship with you, and it's not changing. So you can't sit here and look sad because I've been clear, I've been honest.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting about that moment, I know we're jumping forward a little bit, is when she asks him, you know, when he says he can't change who he is, he says, do you want me to do you want me to leave? First of all, she plays that scene perfectly. Yeah, you know so it She portrayed that scene in such a dope way. The problem is she's dressed like a zombie zombie zombie witty Allen, and it's she I don't know how she pulls it off, but it works so perfectly that that I too wouldn't be able to fully convey my feelings or open up to her if she were dressed so stupidly, I'd be like, what then shut up, call me, call me later. What you know, it's just because I'm emotionally stunted. I know that for a fact, So that's.
Speaker 3: Probably why be like, I have to laugh at you right now because you look crazy. So I can't now break your heart and destroy your ego and reject you in this public place. Can we can we put a pin in it. I'll do it tomorrow exactly, not.
Speaker 1: Like exactly speaking of it. Let's let's go back a little bit there Woody Allen impressions. Who do you think? Who do you who do you think had the best Woody Allen impression? Let's put a poll out there for all the fans. Who do you you personally, who do you think had the best one?
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like Max did, yeah, for sure, and Jake's surprised me.
Speaker 1: It wasn't terrible, it wasn't bad. But I think Max, I don't know if that's a I think he's been studying Woody Allen.
Speaker 3: I think she's enjoyed it more. He like liked doing it, and so you feel that in the oh yeah and the Woody impression. Here's the thing that's funny is that when Winston does his finally right and Max and Jake clap that for real, I know that that was not on the page that they applauded. I think you were just supposed to say that line and that was supposed to be the button and they were just.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's kind of to.
Speaker 3: You morn Is who they were doing it and show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was probably a clap for the morning, because yeah, I can tell.
Speaker 3: I can see in their face they're just like, come on, it's really good.
Speaker 1: Anybody who knows me knows I don't like to appropriate other people's cultures. You know what I'm saying. I'm not going to pretend to be Woody Allen. You know what I'm saying no. Internally do I feel like Woody Allen? Yeah, but externally nah, nah, there's too much melan in my voice.
Speaker 3: You see a very good impression too. I think that's why they gave you the applause. They were just like, come on, that was really good. You did a great job.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying that. That means a lot. I'm one of the greatest impressionists of all time. Let's keep going.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Nelson Franklin and his com his when he genuine because he is a very tall man, when he walked out six twelve, he's six fifteen, when he walked out in those very tight because that was the joke, super tight green spandex pants. I remember audibly laughing. And because Nelson is the most wonderful human in real life, he's very Robbie like, he laughed himself. He thought it was great that people were laughing, like he's just the most wonderful person.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that scene in Max coming in, uhh, Schmidt coming in and just destroying him was one of the funniest back and forth. And Robbie could not be phased by by the insults coming from Schmidt.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, it is, and you get why CC kind of likes Robbie is that it is that as much as she cannot stay away from Schmidt and they're just thing, is that that undeniable thing, whatever it is that brings two people together. Schmidt is just like a whole bowl of insecurity and Robbie is a fully secure human. He's just very secure with himself, so you can't phase him. And I think that it bumps Schmidt so badly, yeah, because he's so insecure and if anybody said one of those things to him, he would it would impact him. The thing that's super funny about that scene too, when he's destroying Nelson, and this is how you know your cast members so well because you've worked together for so long, is when he says that he cut himself on a pumpkin. Not the knife, but the pumpkin. You if you were on the back of Max and it's on Nelson for that line, you watch Max shrug his shoulders up and down like this, and you know that's him because we know well enough, going like one of my that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. And I'm gonna laugh and I'm gonna ruin with this take. You guys better call cut. There's nothing I can do. It's so fucking funny. We're done. And I just know it from the motion of his shoulders to know what Max like. But that was that he was breaking and I could tell from him back that's how funny.
Speaker 1: Is it's so funny you say that. I was watching it with sam My assistant, and she mentioned that, she mentioned that very moment. Yeah, I swear to god, she just mentioned that a little bit ago when we were watching the episode, about the back of Schmidt's head, and you could tell they actually is giving just from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing for them to cut to, because I think he was genuinely had the biggest grin and was just delighting and how funny Nelson was and he just couldn't keep it together. I love those moments. That's why these casts, like these guest stars that we'd have on our show, it was always the best when we made this show when they would show up, because we got to sit there and watch them of the funniest people do the funniest work, and we just got to sit there and watch it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I'll put our guest cast right up there with curb your enthusiasm.
Speaker 3: Not a crossover, actually a lot.
Speaker 1: Curb yeah, seam, Sam Richardson, a lot of people, damon. Well okay, let's talk a little bit about this Halloween situation. Well, Halloween, I think it's a natural thing for everyone to get super excited about the festivities. But more importantly, people want to know what you're going as, like what are you dressing up as? And Winston decides to dress up like a cop, shodowing and foreshadowing for sure, which fun fact, it is illegal in the state of California to dress up like a cop to present. Yes, So in that moment where because it's like impersonating a cop, you know what I mean, people come up to you for help, you know, there's a there's a crime in progress, and they keep calling, hey, can you please help? Keep please up, and You're like, hell no, I'm not a real officer.
Speaker 3: This is pretend. I got it at Party City.
Speaker 1: Exactly, So that for sure is foreshadowing. But Shelby, my god, it's raining cats and dogs.
Speaker 3: She thinks, sexy, you just said that yourself, that that would be your professional kryptonite. So for little more and maybe that would work for you.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. That she's showing up with a capeon with a bunch of fluffy teddy bears and stuff on it, she better have nothing underneath it, you know what I'm saying. Then i'd find that do the sioso. But right now, it's no bro, that isna. That's not it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was very funny, but it does if they're struggling in the relationship and they're like, watch this, I'm gonna knock you out on Halloween and I'm going to really go for it. Yeah, I would think that there's some subliminal messages going on. They were head to toe literally caped up. Yeah, I'd be like, I think you're I think maybe you're trying to tell me something.
Speaker 1: Else, because when she says it, she was. But once it even says he said, look at me, Look I came out here looking all good, looking, all sexy. You know what I'm saying. Because everybody loves If you ever go to one on parties and the strippers show up, they're usually wearing cop outfits.
Speaker 3: I've never understood that. I don't understand this. A man in uniform is so sexy. This, like I've never not know does not work for me? Really?
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm you know, do I wonder if more people out there feel like you? I wonder I don't know, because people.
Speaker 3: Man dressed as a cop do it for you?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, if he's a BikeE cop, you know what I mean. Wearing wearing the tight shortshts, short shorts, you know, a little testicle hanging out, you know that don't hurt nobody. That might do it. That might do it for somebody. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm learning a lot about you to.
Speaker 1: Little short shorts right the Venice Beach.
Speaker 3: Speaking of short shorts, because Max ends up wearing nothing about his speedo at the end of it. We'll get to that because I have to discuss it. But the other laugh out loud funniest honestly in series, I think is the headbutt into.
Speaker 1: I can watch that and I have a million times that.
Speaker 3: Scene is and then he's like starts eating halfway through it and he's still Schmidt back. Is so funny to me. That whole storyline was so fun to do because Ceci always plays it really cool all the time. She plays it really cool and it was nice that to see character that he just took a step too far, Like, now you're really like disrespecting my relationship. You're treating my boyfriend like an idiot, which which you're treating me like an idiot. And then she gets really mad, and I remember being surprised that they wanted me to get really mad because it seemed a little out of character, but it just had it had pushed her too far. And I will tell you nothing makes me happier as a human being than getting paid to yell at someone. It's a real perk of the career. No, you can't yell at people in real life. That's not okay, don't do that. They'll speak to people like that. But you know what, it's a very cathartic thing to like get loud. And I just remember being like, oh, this is a nice thing. I get to just like yell right now at somebody and then y'all give me a check. This is great.
Speaker 1: But you know what's interesting about that is that it's that a person who can provoke you to get that way.
Speaker 3: Well, that's how you know that she's not over him, because you would think she would just grab a boyfriend's hand and be like this fool a stalker by.
Speaker 1: And it's not because Robbie has a very calm demeanor, you know.
Speaker 3: Hangs out with him alone. That's the funniest part. He's like, let's just go and work this out.
Speaker 2: You and I.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a question I have for you and for the folks out there and listener land, is that is that is that attractive to you? Is that a turn on to you, sybel who always remains calm even in those types of situations, or do you you know, do you want somebody who can, you know, every once in a while say hey, sit your ass down, shit, Joe, ass down, get your ass over here right now. Do you like that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think that's personal taste. I just know that if somebody's going to talk to other people like that, that usually means if you push them far enough, they're going to talk to you like that. So be careful what you ask for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying every once in a while, you know, every once in a while, she need to sit an ass down, and and I need to be one to tell it to her with some bass in my voice, especially with this mustache.
Speaker 3: That I got now you're really loving your.
Speaker 1: Set your ass down. Now, I hadn't told you. I didn't told you. Now, set your ass down. I think that might go over will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're currently single at this moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People don't like people. Apparently women don't like to sit they ass down. And I haven't learned my lesson yet, but I will. I will.
Speaker 3: This is it's so funny in this relationship where you're seeing all of these incompatibilities. They really explore it a lot. In the episode. You see a huge moment of foreshadowing which Schmidt and CC dressed as a bride and groom, and I love it so much. It's so funny because she's so mad at it and he's loving it so much. But it's kind of like in that Fluffer episode that we talked about where they do these like little series foreshadowings. That was Nick and Jess going on a fake date that you could see was real to them, and you see they keep they keep it in a two shot for most of it, with Schmidt and CEC dressed as a bride and groom, so that the audience can kind of like sink their teeth a little further into that relationship and want them back together.
Speaker 1: That was nice. What was not nice was Schmidt dressed like Abraham Lincoln and then tells tells Winston that he witnessed the emancipation of one black man said, hey, man, shut up, like I mean, a good joke is a good joke. However, I was like, man, that eternally. It made me want to laugh, but I was like, nah, I don't think this is fun.
Speaker 3: I A'm laughing for you. That was a little offensive. And so the red here's the thing. If you walked into your trailer and hanging in your wardrobe area was just a pair of red speedos, would you be okay with that?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm getting there's this tool, there's weights that you can put on the another conversation, I'd be fine with it. Yeah, No, it'd be because for me, it depends. It depends. I'm not known as like I don't look like I'm not out here looking like Michael B. Jordan with my shirt off. You know these.
Speaker 3: Days I remember you were like you got all Actually did.
Speaker 1: I put in work? But then I put an extra work to get rid of that work.
Speaker 3: So that work, now, that second bit of work was so much easier. It's so funny, you have to choose the work. The second work is better.
Speaker 1: Was so much it felt felt great, felt great. But it depends. It depends on my you know how I'm feeling. Max Greenfield stays in shape, so he loves that. He loves, you know, going out there with his thighs out, in his chest out. That's something that he He probably pitched that too. He probably auditioned from Magic Mike didn't go the way he thought it was going to go, and was like, hey, guys, can I show them what they've been missing? Can we? Right?
Speaker 3: Spady YadA YadA, YadA, yadda. I wonder I want to find the original script if it was on the paper that he had to dance.
Speaker 1: He loved dancing.
Speaker 3: I think I know he loved dancing. And I was like, I wonder because it was a very Max thing, and I was like, was that in there or did he just do it in that wide walk away shot and did something funny.
Speaker 1: I think he just did that at that moment. He had to have done that. He's a performer. When you see an audience, you kind of and then the background in that instance were audience members. He probably went for it.
Speaker 3: What a great episode. Here's my question, since it's you and me doing the podcast today and we are very good friends and we are like a brother and sister. So here's my situation. If it was me and you knew that this boy that I really liked, and I've been trying to play it cool, and I was going to tell him how I felt, and then you caught him texting some other chick and you knew, oh, yeah, that's not going to go well, she's going to get fully rejected, hurt. And we both have established our real fear of haunted houses. But I'm working in the haunted house in this hypothetical situation, would you brave it to come in and tell me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely absolutely, I would do it. I would do it, or like any other logical person, I wait till she got out of the haunted house. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Here's what I would do. I would I would I would text you, text her. I would text you immediately without hesitation. I would wait by the back door where I know you'd walk out, so I'd get to you before you could go and get to this chick that's like about to break your heart. For sure, Like for sure, I don't know about go in the haunted house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, first of all, you ain't got to do that. You ain't got to go in there. I don't understand what the point is if you're having to go through that just to tell her some some some crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm bored information. I don't. I don't want you to get heartbroken, but I can't face that here for you.
Speaker 1: I love you, and I'm gonna tell you right now while you're working. Yeah, you know, because you gotta stay focused as a performer to scare these people.
Speaker 3: I'd call you. I'd like, then you know something's go up. If I actually like rang your phone, you know, like yeah.
Speaker 1: Because also, what you got to realize is that he did the wrong thing because he went in there and he ended up beating her up.
Speaker 3: That's right. It was too much for him to handle, that's right.
Speaker 1: The moment got ahead of him and he punched her in the face and knocked her clean out, And I think that was a sign that he should have probably texted her.
Speaker 3: Would you offer that to somebody if you accidentally hit this girl total accident, like a crazy scenario like this, would you be like, you know what it doesn't sit right with me. You you get you, you get a free hit.
Speaker 1: No, you know I would, Uh, i'd buy her something nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no need for an eye for an eye, you know, that's thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lie. That's that's that's too much. That's too much because you know what, you know, two wrongs don't make it right.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, you can't do you can't perpetuate violence. You know, in our community, there's too much violence happening, and I think we need to come together, yeah and buy each other nice things to say we're sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bill. This was a wonderful episode. When we come back from the break, we're going to play some true American. Well, we're back, and it is time for True American. This week, we want to get to the truth of exes that hang around after our relationship has ended. What's the best way to handle X is if you're the new partner.
Speaker 1: The best way to handle exes if you're the new partner?
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you go first on this one, because this one, this is something I think about.
Speaker 3: This is you and I have talked about this because I remember when we first met and we were chatting about it. You were like, you what, It's always been this way, so it's not like changed from relationship to relationship. But unless you're fully done with your ex and they are fully out of the picture this, I don't think that a relationship between you and I are gonna work.
Speaker 1: Yeah you lingering, They can't now, And.
Speaker 3: I do the same. If I break up with somebody that relationship is over, I'm not texting them and checking in with them and calling them and whatever, because I don't think that's for me works like it's fair for my my new relationship, a new partner, for us to like be full and to have somebody that I I loved still hanging around. Now. I know lots of people who are friends with their exes and that's just a part of their life and they're like, look, this is just part of my deal and it all works for them. But for me, it's always been a rule, Like since I was like a teenager.
Speaker 1: I can tell you this. I am friends with a lot of my exes. I know you are, you know, and I think it's okay. I think it's okay. However, like there are moments for me personally where I don't want to see her ex hanging around.
Speaker 3: So is it a double standard?
Speaker 1: Then? Yeah? Probably, And I'll be the first to admit that, because you know, it also depends on how the relationship was, how it ended it. Let's say, let's say you know, they were in some crazy, you know, wild Megan Fox machine Gun Kelly esque blood drinking relationship. And then let's say you go and you start dating Megan Fox and you're having a good time in six foot five, you know, machine gun Kelly show up spitting bars while he got a vile on his neck with your lady's blood in it. That's weird. I don't know if I like this, right, I don't know if I like the energy. That's because clearly that was a very very passionate relationship.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it would depend on the X. And if you are dating someone and they were like, well that one friend of yours that used to date that one for some reason to feel comfortable, would you be able to let go of someone who is now a friend that you used to date if it makes your current partner uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have to. It would have to come from a reason though, because let me tell you something, I can't make you happy. You have to make yourself happy in life. I can be a participant in your happiness. But if you're, if you are, if you get into a relationship, yeah to both both parties have to be solid. Both parties have to be secure. Both parties have to be comfortable. You have to be able to make yourself happy. So if my past affects you, yeah, and any kind of way, part of that is on you. Now, it's also on the X. If the ex is showing up all the time. Look, you know what I'm saying, doing the doing the thing that you like, making the faces, making the gestures. No, he knows your tickles spots. If he walking up talking about hey, and he give you that look and he got hazel eyes and stuff and he like skinned like you know how those dudes be too much? And then he whispering her ear and he tickled the back of her neck because he know that's what she's into. Then we got a problem. We got a problem, Tarren Howard.
Speaker 3: Just reminded me of and then we will close this episode. But this did just remind me of you telling me of a friend of yours that would put on some very revealing sweatpants and would walk through a room when you were dating someone to test if the chick you were dating had wandering eyes. Like that was your homie being like, Okay, let me just see if she's going to be like faithful.
Speaker 1: That's what that's what the homies do for the homies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had no idea. I was like, he did what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see, let's see if I walk out here throwing it around.
Speaker 3: All the tests and relationships. I truly believe.
Speaker 1: That that year old self though that was back in the early Yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Was back in the day, but it was very sweet. It was a sweet, little, like you know, act of like friends solidarity would be like, let's test them. Let's see, let me put on these one bear of sweatpants I wear for this occasion.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Upon having sex with her, I could tell you that she is she is a wanderer.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks you our real friend.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you doing friend on a few more dates. I would keep test in her. Ok we're getting married now the morning, I feel like she's not the one for you anymore.
Speaker 3: For you, but if you don't mind, yeah, with her, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, friendships first, before we go you know, there's something that I got to call you out on. You know, we're over here talking about relationships and friendships and you're sharing stories from the past, but this is one thing, there's one particular thing that I definitely have to call you out on, and I'm sorry to put this out there publicly. You haven't found the bear.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for Where's the Bear?
Speaker 1: Bears the Bear?
Speaker 3: Where's the Bear is brought to you by Hyundai. When it comes to your journey, Hyundai is thinking of every mile. Okay, listen. Season two, okay, because I've taken I've pulled back the lens and you know, I do all of my I don't only just watch looking for the bear. I go online, I crowdsource, I do everything I can. Season two is a little trickier for my bear hunt, but I still have this unshakeable belief that the bears are planted there for a reason and intentionally. So the bears on the fridge, you see it clearly on the fridge, and I go like, is that just now this thing in the bear hunt where Liz and everybody were just like, we're just going to have like a perma bear, and then we might have some additional bears. So I feel like my bear hunt is like fully validated with the bear on the fridge, and then we're going to find additional bears. And that is what I am telling myself. And I'm not looking for any response.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, Hannah, I'm right there with you. Hey, whatever makes you feel better about not being able to find the bear. I mean, bear is a massive creature. You know, we all know when a bear is in the room. But if you don't want to, you know what I'm saying. But that's on you, and I think the fans out there will be holding you to task. They will call you out on it.
Speaker 3: Also, by the way, the fans are the most people on this podcast. If you find a bear. I'm struggling with this one. I'm also struggling a little bit with Fluffer to find the additional bears besides the bear on the fridge. Please DM me, please tag me in a post about it, because I believe it's there. I just need some extra eyes and some bear hunters. Thanks for helping us with our bear hunt, Hyundai. Remember with Hyundai, it's all about the journey, whatever your destination. They've got the latest tech to get you there safe and keep your passengers entertained along the way from shopping to buying to owning. Hyundai has your back. Learn more at HYUNDAIUSA dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh, before we go really quick, Yes, my mustache really fell off in that argument scene. It fell off, and I said, yes, you're making me. You may be so mad my mustache fell off. I was going to ask you.
Speaker 3: About that because I remember watching that episode. I think it was one of the very few times cause I laughed out loud and I watched it when it really aired back in whatever twenty twelve, texting you or asking you the next day on set, I was like, because I wasn't there for that, I was like, did did they like, like pull part of your mustache off for that joke? And no, you told me it fell off, and then you just kept going in character and it was so funny that it made the show.
Speaker 1: They kept it in there. I was shocked they kept it so good though. Oh yeah, there's a couple moments like that throughout this show where stuff happens for real, me stubbing my toe. Fans always ask about that these things really happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are moments that truly happened and they would make this show. But it's it's one of those things that you you get to be on the show long enough you learn and remember which is it said old cliche of like until they yell cut, keep going, just keep going, because you could have just been like, oh, hold up, the mussage came off and they could have fixed it. They would have glued back on and we never would have gotten that moment. So kudos to you first staying in it because it was so funny.
Speaker 1: Daniel day Lewis over here, everybody.
Speaker 3: Left end right foot.
Speaker 1: Leon day Lewis. We love you guys, Please like, subscribe, leave good comments, leave positive comments. We love you. Make sure you go get our merch. It makes you go.
Speaker 3: And tag isn't it if you're wearing our merch? Please tag as we love to see it out in the streets.
Speaker 1: And tag us in some hot haunted house photos because we hate them and maybe you love them.
Speaker 3: So oh and the other my favorite thing, and I know this is not airing around Halloween, but I will say one of my favorite things that still goes on is one for Halloween. People dress up as the New Girl characters and Tag is in it. Yes, awesome.
Speaker 1: Keep doing that, but don't go on black fans, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't everybody knows where the lines are. These are New Girl fans.
Speaker 1: I know that's a problem. Don't don't go back.
Speaker 3: All right, Bye you guys, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Love you.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to Welcome to Our Show, a New Girl recap podcast. Welcome to Our Show is a production of iHeartRadio, hosted by Zoey Deschanel, Lamour and Morris and Hannah Simone. Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our engineer and editor is Daniel Goodman. The Welcome to Our Show theme song was written by Zoe de Chanel, performed and produced by Zoe da Channel and Pierre de Reader. Follow us on Instagram at Welcome to Our Show Pod. If you have a question you'd like us to answer, you can email us at Welcome to Our Show Podcast at gmail dot com. Don't forget to rate, subscribe and share far and wide.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening. We'll hear you next week.