Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne to God, Peace to the plane in this Monday.
Speaker 2: Yes it's Monday. Back to the work week. How you guys feeling out with your weekend? I am blessed, black and holly favored.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I feel amazing. Weekend was great. Did nothing, which is my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 5: You and me bo, I have nothing positively nothing.
Speaker 2: I didn't go anywhere. I just relax. That's it.
Speaker 5: Watch I watch suits. You watch suits?
Speaker 2: You in this suits yet? Nah?
Speaker 5: Suits on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I believe it was on Hulu at first, and now it's on Netflix, and it's just an amazing shows. It's an attorney show based abound attorneys and pretty much based on revenge, but not getting revenge in a way that you would think, but getting revenge in other ways.
Speaker 5: And I really enjoyed Nah.
Speaker 4: I caught up on a Secret Invasion, which is a Marvel show on Disney Plus.
Speaker 2: Starring Kauelo Jackson. It's a live action Samuel L. Jackson.
Speaker 4: And then Uh on Saturday night, we sat around and listen to old Vinyl records, okay, because I didn't know we had a couple of vinyl players in the house. We had some vinyl records that we was listening to. Then we uh plays, you call them record players, I don't freaking plays, Jesus. So we were listening to that, and then we started listening to the Love Jones soundtrack, which is by far the greatest soundtrack of all time, and that's also my wife's favorite movie. So then we started watching Love Jones, drank a bottle of wine. Fantastic Saturday night. That's my type of Saturday night. Sounds like you was in bed by ten, Well, I was actually.
Speaker 2: In bed by like nine thirty. Because when you're on the couch, that's the bed.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to figure out, how do you get better sleep unintentionally on the couch than you do in your bed, Because you can go lay in your bed and it'll take a while for you to fall asleep.
Speaker 2: You can hit that couch and be done, done, a couple of hours.
Speaker 4: Gone, gone, going Okay, all right, but I had a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's get the show crack and when we come back, we got testlam figures. Should we be joining us for front page now, so don't move. It's the Breakfast from on bet is Envy, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Now let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Tessling figure out.
Speaker 6: Good morning morning, DJ Envy and Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 7: And Red is back in the building.
Speaker 5: Yes, morning Red, he said, good morning.
Speaker 1: Now, let's start off with sports all Lebron James fans. Now he's changing his jersey back to number twenty three in honor of Bill Russell.
Speaker 5: So he's going back to the number twenty three.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that he had changed the back to six. I wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 4: So he's always gone between like twenty three and six throughout his whole career. How come they have a retired twenty three all across the NBA. Nobody, nobody should be allowed to wear the number twenty three because Michael Jordan I agree, like they should retire and number twenty three for good.
Speaker 1: I agree, yeah, because they did that in baseball with Jackie Robbins's numbers retired. You can't have that number. Now, let's talk about this missing Alabama woman, Callie Russell. She was missing, but she was she came back home the other night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she was found on foot Hoover, Alabama.
Speaker 6: The police are continuing the investigation until the disappearance of twenty five year old Carly Russell after she was found alive and safe Saturday night. Let's listen to the report by WVTM thirteen and we will talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 8: Carly Russell is alive and well. Hoover police say Russell returned home on foot just before eleven o'clock Saturday night and was taken to UAB to be checked out. Investigators say they've spoken to Russell since her return, but the details of that conversation are part of an ongoing investigation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so keyword ongoing investigation. Now, her family has not made a statement. Police have not made a statement as of this time. As of this morning, they have asked for privacy, but they released traffic camera footage which shows her car pulling off on I four fifty nine. But that footage, I want people to pay attention. In the middle of the article is very clear, says that the footage is still being analyzed as a part of the investigation.
Speaker 7: In conjunction with the NAM on one call.
Speaker 6: They're trying to figure out the accurate time that that footage was taken, and you know, was that during the time that she made the call.
Speaker 1: Now, tell a lot of people might not know what's going on or what's happening. So can you just tell people what happened and how she became missing, how she got over to that side of the road, because some people just might might have been just hearing this story for the first time.
Speaker 6: Absolutely well, an Alabama woman, as we mentioned Carl Russell, she went missing on Saturday because she said that she was driving on the highway and she saw a toddler and when she saw the toddler, she pulled over. Not Saturday, my apology, wasn't missing on Saturday, but when she saw the toddler, she pulled over. When she pulled over, she called her She called nine one one, and then she also called a family member as well and saying that, Hey, I see this toddler on the side of the road. You know, I'm going to see what's going on. While she was on the phone, her family member said that they heard her scream and then lost contact with her. And so that is when they believe that she was abducted. At the time, and then obviously a national manhunt went on from her for about two days.
Speaker 7: It was all over social media. The media was also covering as well.
Speaker 6: There were calls for the media to you know, do more to find her, and then she returned home on foot. So right now, it's just you know, a lot of details that we still do not know is still developing. Things are changing, like for example, I just saw the update thirty two minutes ago with the footage, So this is one of those things where you know, we just have to wait until more stuff comes out.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: They did say when the officers arrived at the scene they saw her wig phone in purse on on the ground, but there was no sign of the child anywhere at all.
Speaker 2: So well, I'm glad that young lady is home.
Speaker 4: And if it indeed was an abduction, you know, in connection with human trafficking, I pray to God that we can break down every single human trafficking organization on this planet, absolutely and.
Speaker 6: Just and just for clarity, because I want to make sure I give that correction. It was Thursday, you know when she went missing, Saturday, that's correct, and Saturday when she was found.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well that is front page news. Now, get it off your chest. Eight hundrink five eight five one oh five one. If you're upset, you need the vent or you had a great weekend, whatever it may be. Phone lines are open for you. Eight undrink five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. Call us now, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 2: This is Dake out of Houston, Zach out of Houston, Man, Zach? What up? Man? Get it off your chest? Bro?
Speaker 3: What's up? Man?
Speaker 10: Hey Charlomagne, good morning, good morning, good morning. Hey Yo. So I got a yo and I got some kids run my same age. What they eating because my son juice, crackers and strawberries. That's not it.
Speaker 2: That's your fault. Yeah, that that's your I'll be honest.
Speaker 10: Man, I got the gray baby, won't them.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I keep telling y'all, when a kid get hungry, a kid going eat anything, y'all. What happens is these kids start bucking back when they don't want something, and we bow down to him and give them what they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you shouldn't get your fun.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't give your child up that many snacks. And I tell all the parents out there for my last order, my last or never really ate baby food. She ate like real food.
Speaker 2: He did that.
Speaker 3: We we did the.
Speaker 10: Whole try to man, so you know, do all that.
Speaker 3: He did it.
Speaker 10: He did good at first. But now but.
Speaker 5: Like Charlotte said, the baby got to be eating something.
Speaker 1: Y'all even giving that baby snacks, y'all, giving that baby crackers, y'all giving that baby.
Speaker 10: Eventually, eventually he'll eat. I guess you.
Speaker 2: Gotta stlve him out. Gott to starve him out.
Speaker 1: Man, But try to find things that. Try to find things that the baby will eat. Like my daughter loves uh. And she's not even two years old, but my daughter was like the little the chicken fingers that you could bake in the oven.
Speaker 2: No, man, y'all want to check fingers these kids. My daughter loves that.
Speaker 4: Chicken fingers ain't no better than this stuff. Y'all talking about chicken fingers.
Speaker 2: But that's better than crackers and strawberries. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: Actually, yes it is, man.
Speaker 2: He says, chicken fingers over fresh strawberries.
Speaker 5: Well, well it's not processed.
Speaker 2: What is it? Then?
Speaker 5: Chicken breast, white chicken breast not processing.
Speaker 4: You said chicken fingers, Well not they the chicken breast at the chicken breast is different.
Speaker 1: It's not chicken fingers from you know, from a fast food place. But I would try that. Also, my child likes things like rice, macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 5: And then I throwing my child love broccoli, and.
Speaker 4: Y'all sounds crazy. Y'all like my kids like food, that's all you'll saying. Not because not even food, because if you got a picky.
Speaker 1: Kid, like you know, I got to add picky kids that like you said, well only eat strawberries and something about strawberries that the kids like strawberries bananas. But that's good, but make meat more fruit. But they need a little more subs. They need a little more meat.
Speaker 2: Pullru is good, strawberries and bananas is good, but they need some meat too, some protein. K that's killing our kids, killing us too, goddamn.
Speaker 3: All right, Well I'm gonna try some of that.
Speaker 10: Hey, but can I get a bullet per had?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got you?
Speaker 4: Hold on, Okay, they actually send it to you this time, they have me lying to the people. Hold on, all right, I got black effect hats here, I got all types of books. I got my own book. Shook on, I got to be a Mallory state of emergency. I need a Kopax shallow waters. But you know, the producers got to send them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real love, real life, real love is said too. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: It's Blake, Blake?
Speaker 2: What up? Getting off your chest?
Speaker 10: What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 10: Look here? What I don't know if y'all remember what y'all was doing in nineteen ninety three, No, June twenty third, nineteen ninety three, I met this woman and we were, uh, we fell in love, but I wanted to be a hot boy.
Speaker 3: I ran them off.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 10: Old were you?
Speaker 2: How old were you in nineteen ninety three?
Speaker 10: I was eighteen?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, he was sixteen.
Speaker 2: So come on, get to the story. Now you forty, Now you're forty eight. What's up?
Speaker 10: So thirty years to the day that we've married, as we went and lived our lives and you know, mature on other people's hands, we got married, okay, on the day that we met.
Speaker 4: Thirty days later, that's amazing brother. Congratulations King, shout your queen out.
Speaker 10: I want to shout out my beautiful, beautiful wife, Sheila game And I try, I try to call out a day. Oh but I got shut down. But not the letter A letter, thank but I just wanted to get that out there.
Speaker 2: When you say that your grill, when you say you got sat down, you went to jail. No no, he said he got shut.
Speaker 10: No no, I didn't go to jail. I just I wasn't mature enough to handle tho. No more. I got your got you wug deal.
Speaker 6: I want.
Speaker 10: I want to be a pample player.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you grew up. Yeah, I was fifteen and nineteen ninety three. I don't remember anything from nineteen ninety three. I'm sitting there trying to think like nineteen ninety three specifically, No, fifteen, I can't recall much.
Speaker 1: No, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 5: If you need to hit us up now, it's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's a new day.
Speaker 5: Your time to get it off your chest. Way up.
Speaker 2: Whether you're man or bleat time to get up and get something. Call up now eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one.
Speaker 5: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Oh Leo?
Speaker 10: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 2: Leo?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 2: Getting up your chest?
Speaker 10: I don't get about Charlotte Man Man, Hey, Charlie Man, it's almost been thirty years because you've seen Jordan pick up a ball. Stop bringing up Jordan when you when you talk about Lebron. Please, man, it's almost been thirty years.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: So so because the person was prospering thirty years ago, we supposed to just stop talking about his accomplishment thirty years later.
Speaker 2: Nobody bringing up Joe.
Speaker 10: Bladen when we talk about Charle Man, what would you give me your flowers?
Speaker 2: I don't understand the logic. I don't understand the logic.
Speaker 4: All the comparison you just made Charlamagne, no rap, I don't understand that logic are comparison. But there's always going to be a Michael Jordan conversation in regard to Lebron whenever somebody says Lebron is the greatest basketball player of all time, because the greatest basketball player of all time is Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: So there's always going to be a debate now for people that just joined us. Earlier today we reported that Lebron is changing his number back to twenty three in honor of Bill.
Speaker 2: Guess who's number with twenty three?
Speaker 1: Michael Jordan exactly, and Charlamagne and myself said, we feel like the twenty three now in the league.
Speaker 5: That's it. It was no comparison, it was nothing else.
Speaker 4: Ask Lebron James why he wears the number twenty three, and then ask me, are we ever going to be able to separate Michael Jordan from any discussion of Lebron being the go.
Speaker 2: Hello, who is this? Good morning? Good morning, get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: I wanted to give you guys a shout out.
Speaker 11: Y'all are like low key my inspiration in the morning, because I just want to give you guys your flowers.
Speaker 10: That's all.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Molly.
Speaker 4: Hey, Molly, I'm glad we can wake you up in the morning. I'm glad you enjoyed waking up with the Breakfast Club in the morning. Let me ask you a question, how long you been looking at the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: I've been listening to y'all like the last four or five years.
Speaker 2: Okay, So who do you think who you think should be the new co host?
Speaker 12: Oh, I'm fine, I gotta go with my girl.
Speaker 11: Just hilarious, love her.
Speaker 2: And how old are you, mama?
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm thirty three?
Speaker 4: Thirty three, okay, just hilarious. Okay, all right, why you asking that? I mean, I just feel like it's about time for us to start making those decisions.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: You know, all right in summertime, were going into the fall. You know, I know he said he was gonna wait till the rest of the year, but you know, I just feel like you might need to start thinking about.
Speaker 2: These type of things.
Speaker 5: Okay, we've been thinking about it though.
Speaker 2: Wash the throne, okay, wash the throne. There's another throne to be at.
Speaker 1: It, right, that's right, all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. When we come back, we got your room report. We got to talk doctor Dre. He'll tell you about two people he refuse to work with. We'll get to a nexus. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Owning everybody. It's j n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 4: Let's talk Doctor Dre, name or you go.
Speaker 5: This is the room of report.
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea spells right on the Breakfast Club. Now, Doctor Dre sat down with Kevin hard on his show Heart to Heart. I watched I watched that in for this weekend all right Now.
Speaker 1: They talked about a lot of things, but one of the things that was very interesting was the fact that he turned down working with his heroes Prince and Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Who did you have the opportunity to work with?
Speaker 14: He was like, Nah, didn't that you regret and that you should have worked with Prince Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: You bowed out from work with them? Yeah, both of them? Yeah, you didn't work.
Speaker 9: With both Prince and Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: Was it like a demo table or something?
Speaker 4: No, they just asked me they worked with him, and I just like, what the am I gonna do with them?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That happened? What?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was there?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What am I gonna do in the studio with them?
Speaker 5: Those are my.
Speaker 2: Heroes, man, you know you're doctor dray Stop.
Speaker 4: I respected his answer in his totality though he said, you know, he basically said, what would I do in the studio with either one of them?
Speaker 2: Because he said he's better at working with new people.
Speaker 4: He said he wouldn't be able to coach them, is what he He used the word coach, but that's what he was saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean I think it's you know, Michael Jackson was great, Prince.
Speaker 2: Is great, Dre was great.
Speaker 1: So the fact that you get all that greatness in the studio coming together, I mean you could just imagine some of the ideas or things that they would have came up with.
Speaker 4: I respect it though, because I mean how many people would just jump the work at the chance with Michael Jackson and Prince. But Doctor Dre's like, look, if I if I don't feel like I'm gonna bring my a game, if I don't feel like I'm gonna do something new with either one of these icons, then I'd rather not do it. But they said no shows better than a bad show, because what if that record wasn't good, you'd be chilling because we be expecting so much, right right, Michael Jackson Doctor d record of Prince Doctor Dre record, We'd be expecting so much. If it's subpar, we're gonna kill him. Yeah, but I don't think Dre would make a subpart. I mean with Dre's the same guy as you know, produced for Snoop and Pock and Mary J. Blige and fifty and Eminem. He felt like he could do something with him. He he couldn't do nothing with Prince of Michael. I respect the fact that he U. I guess he knew his limitations. He said Stevie wanted to That was another person.
Speaker 5: He named now now j Z saluted j He dropped a bomb for jay Z.
Speaker 1: He Shawn Cutter Foundation raised twenty million dollars at the black Tie New York City Gallery the other night. Some of the people in the building, of course, was Beyonce Uzzi, New England Patriots on the Robert Kraft NFL commissioner Michael Rubin.
Speaker 4: I heard a couple of rappers paid a million dollars for Michael Rubin Hugg from the back too. I'm not going really, I don't want to say no names. I heard a couple of rappers there paid a million dollars for Michael Ruben Hugg from the back there.
Speaker 2: Any truth did it well?
Speaker 5: Maybe because he raised twenty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Amazon founded Jeff Baso contributed a ten million dollar legacy donation, they said, Twitter founder Jack Dorsey donated two million dollars. So salute to Hove and getting all that money. Now that many benefits individuals dealing with socioeconomic hardships pursue their education institutions. So again, congratulations to Hove. All right, last time we got to talk boost of mad ass. All right, now, Boosy Badass is daughter not Boosy Badass. Boosy's daughter claims that Boosey took back her car because she wanted took care for her mom. Now, Boosy's daughter went on Instagram a legend that the rapper took back the car he had gifted her and that she was so upset just because she.
Speaker 5: Wanted to move in with her mom and help her mom.
Speaker 1: Or Boosy of course replied, I take a car for leaving her. I take a car for her leaving Atlanta, Lol, big live. She left Atlanta out of nowhere because she knew her mom's had filed child support papers on me. This is after I brought you an eighty thousand dollars car. I've always taken care of my children. She wasn't saying this two weeks ago when she was in Atlanta going on shopping spreeze every day, and as never said this, But now I'm not a dad spoiled. If you go, if you're gonna go down, talk, if you're gonna talk down on your father, mind you boosy brot.
Speaker 2: This is why it's little all the chritz.
Speaker 1: Please, if you're gonna talk down on your father, talk the truth about your mother who's been arrested over twelve times with stealing in YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, yaha. So they've been going back and forth online. It's a long ass post. And this is why I say, when parents and kids get into a situation or there's an argument or anything with family, I owe we say keep it off the ground. There's no reason why all this should be on the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't care. It's not my business. Even if they post on social media, it's still not my business. And you know nothing. I hate seeing more than this, like kids pasing on parents on social media and when parents path on their kids on social media. I don't like any of it. Like there are no other way to have conversations with each other in social media. There's no other way to express your grievances or your issues nowadays other than getting online and airing out your.
Speaker 2: Child or your child are and our parents. I don't like it, Like, what do you hope to accomplish by doing that? Yeah, this audio, we don't need to play the audio.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's just a deeper problem when I say, when you have children and children, if you're listening, if there is an issue, if there is a problem, if there is any altercation or anything, you should directly, directly go to your mother or your father. The reason being is you don't want to do something that, as Charlaman will always say, you don't want to do something for emotion and then think about it later and be like, damn, I fed up because a lot of the things that you do you can't bring back.
Speaker 2: They can't take that.
Speaker 4: They're making permanent decisions based off temporary feelings, like yeah, you mad at your pops today, but you get online and air your pops out, that's still your pops.
Speaker 2: Correct for the rest of your life. Correct, you know what I mean? And vice versa.
Speaker 4: If youre a parent, you get online and air your child. Now you're put some in publicly in Brathy child traumatized your child.
Speaker 1: That's still your child at the end of the day, right, And we didn't see that with Russell Simmons and his daughter. Recently, we didn't see that with master P and his son. We didn't see that with Kirk Franklin and his son. And now this is just like sometimes I just don't like to see family business in the public like that.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you hope to accomplish by doing this, That's my biggest thing. What do you hope to gain by doing any of this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: All right, well that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we got front page news tesling figure. Oh be joining us, so don't move. It's the breakfast club of morning.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Audible pick of the Day is Snoop Doggs from the Streets to the Sweets. Here's Snoop's journey from the streets to Long Beach, the hip hop legend. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com slash Snoop.
Speaker 1: Everybody is the DJ env Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Let's get in some front page news figure out.
Speaker 2: What's back with up is?
Speaker 7: What of DJNV and Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into it. Let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: Arizona Republican are referring to Black Americans as colored people in the House Floyd debate.
Speaker 6: Yes, Arizona Republican Representative Eli Crane referred to black people as colored people Thursday in a Florida debate over his proposed amendment to an annual defense policy bill.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: It prompted a stern rebuke from the former chair of Congressional of the Congressional Black Caucus, Representative Joyce Betty from Ohio. Let's listen to the exchange and we will talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 9: Well, mister Chairman, though that was unbelievably inspiring. My amendment has nothing to do with whether or not colored people or black people or anybody can serve. Okay, that has nothing to do with conser speaking any of that stuff. What we want to preserve and maintain is the fact that our military does not become a social experiment. We want the best of the best. We want to have standards that god, who who's in what unit, what they do. And I'm gonna tell you, guys, right right now. The Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians, the North Koreans, they are not They are not doing this because they want the strongest military possible.
Speaker 15: I'd like to be recognized to have the words colored people stricken from the record. I find it offensive, oh God, and very inappropriate.
Speaker 6: Is a general lady asking for unanimous consents to take down the words?
Speaker 15: I am asking for unanimous consent to take down the words of referring to me or any of my colleagues as colored people.
Speaker 2: So colored people is offensive?
Speaker 1: Now, yes, I think so. I mean magic everybody black as colored.
Speaker 4: That's not true to NAACP's the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. We say people of color all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think anybody refers to me as a colored person.
Speaker 4: The NAACP is called the National Association for the Advancement of Color People.
Speaker 7: Right, But we have to put some context with this though.
Speaker 6: You know, we're talking about bill that was literally about removing race. Let me just kind of explain what the Defense Bill amendment is about so people can understand why it was so offensive. So the Defense Bill amendment that they were adding and arguing with at that particular time, was about prohibiting the race, gender, religion, political affiliation for recruitment, training, education, promotion, or retention decisions. So basically it was I don't I'm paraphrasing when I say that it was kind of like.
Speaker 7: Saying, let's end affirmative action.
Speaker 6: Not the call affirmative action, but very similar for the military, And so Representative Crane was arguing saying that, no, you know, we need to remove this because the military was not about being inclusive, and Representative Batty was saying, no, you're undermining the opportunity for you know, black people to be able to serve. So when he used that term in that context, especially for somebody, Representative Joyce Baty seventy three years old, so she's remembering certainly a time when that word was used derogatory and they were literally trying to figure out how to not consider race.
Speaker 7: That's where we from.
Speaker 4: So why would we ever name a black organization something that has always been considered derogatory That.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a conversation we need to have to chase that. But nobody's ever referred to me as colored. I don't think anybody will say, hey, look at the colored boy, they say people the color God, they say people of color.
Speaker 4: They may not say colored people, but they say people of color. We say people to people of color all the time.
Speaker 6: Well, for clarity, and I don't like seeing people of colors, and just as a side note, but for just to answer that question on NAACP, it was established in nineteen oh nine, so that was a word that was used at that particular time.
Speaker 7: So in nineteen oh nine, yeah, we would call colored people.
Speaker 6: So I guess for represent the baty she she feels, and many other Democrats.
Speaker 4: Because they didn't name it. The National Association for the Advancement of the Niggas was called niggas in nteen eighty two. It's a derogatory term. It's a derogatory term, Like why would we choose a derogatory term to represent a whole.
Speaker 1: Organization of the conversation. But I don't think I've ever been referred to as a colored person. And I don't think when that man was referring to it, I don't think he was trying to refer to it in a nice way.
Speaker 4: He said, he said colored person, then he said people, he said black people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because people started going, oh, you can him in the background. Sounded like they freshed off. That's like a black person going up there and saying instead of saying white, saying something else.
Speaker 4: I just think we need to stop looking at isolated incidents sometime and take a step back and look at the bigger pictures.
Speaker 2: Because if that's if that, if.
Speaker 4: The colored people is indeed, you know, a derogatory term, we got to change a lot of things.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't. We shouldn't let no.
Speaker 7: But I think it was deeper than the term though Charlemagne.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was about what they're trying to do to the colored people, which is take them out of not having an opportunity to serve in the military.
Speaker 7: That's recruitments.
Speaker 2: That's that's not what she said.
Speaker 4: We're highlighting this because she specifically pushed back on the use of the term color.
Speaker 6: Right, right, But she pushed back. But I'm telling you the reason why she pushed back.
Speaker 4: No, I understand the context of debating over the bill, but in that particular moment, she was pushing back against the term colored person.
Speaker 6: She was feeling a way because he doesn't want colored people to have that when you're recruiting for the military. You're saying, hey, we want a certain amount of diversity. They're trying to diversity was out the way.
Speaker 2: Listen. I'm not saying he was saying it in a good way.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying we got to take a step back and say, why is this organization called the National Association for the Advancement.
Speaker 2: Of Colored People, Because that's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: If we're saying this is a derogatory term, that is ridiculous off the top.
Speaker 2: And the term people look color.
Speaker 7: Right, I don't like the term people of color, the words but.
Speaker 2: People look color.
Speaker 1: But he came out and said he misspoke. He apologized, right, he said he quote unquote misspoke.
Speaker 7: I didn't see anything about no misspoke.
Speaker 1: I think us It says representative of Elik Kreen said he misspoke after he used to racially charged term colored people on the house floor.
Speaker 2: That's right, he used the term colored people.
Speaker 4: And we need to call the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to get on his ass about using the term color people. Oh my goodness, we don't see how ridiculous we designed at some time, y'all.
Speaker 6: I don't know, I don't know what this is, but I do want people to know that when you hear this bill, you're gonna hear about this bill over the next few weeks. And Republicans are saying that this bill is about a five point two percent pay raise, But it is not just about the pay raise. It is about all of the other amendments that they attached to it. And that's how stuff kind of you know, not it doesn't pass because they attach one thing to everything else. More than likely this bill will fail at the Senate. It did pass at the House Representatives, and certainly if it goes to President Biden's desk, it will more than likely be vetoed.
Speaker 4: So well, we need to go to the phone Line's let's let's open up the conversation to the people, because I feel like, you know, in the context that this man used colored people right in the context he used it in this discussion, it didn't offend me. And if that's the case, then NAACP National Association for the Advancement of Color People should offend us.
Speaker 2: And the term people of color? What's the dif between colored people and people of color?
Speaker 1: You know, let's open up the phone lines. It don't feel right to me. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. That's like talking to my neighbor and be like, yeah, did you see them colored people up the block?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But guess what, the N word don't feel right to you either when somebody else says it, do you? But it feels right when you're having a conversation amongst your own that's fact, But that don't mean it's right. I've been said we should get stopped. All of us would collectively stop using the N word. But when it comes to that term colored people, the dude said colored people, then he said black people.
Speaker 2: I don't see how that's offensive.
Speaker 4: If we run around saying people of color all day and we have an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of Color.
Speaker 5: People, I don't see that don't make it right.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking, like, you know, imagine, imagine your kids playing in the playground and be like, hey, who's who's my daughter playing with the little colored boy?
Speaker 2: That just sounds context is everything.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're right, but in the context that he used it, it didn't offend me. But if it does offend, if we're saying now that colored people, right is an offensive term, why do we have an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Speaker 2: Why do we say people of color?
Speaker 4: And our guy who's a cameraman here, he came in, he said, I never used people of color because it just feels like you're saying colored people in a different way. He's Italian. He just literally came in and said that. He said, he's never felt like it.
Speaker 2: Colour seems strange to me. But let's talk about it. Eight hundred and five five one. What's your thoughts, let's discuss it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one to join into.
Speaker 5: The discussion with the breakfast club. Talk about it morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's DJ NV Charlamagne the guy we are to Breakfast Club. Now we're taking your calls eight hundred and five e five five one if you just join us. During front page News who were talking about Arizona Republican reference to black Americans as colored people.
Speaker 2: What's his name? I don't know his name. Let's let's play the audio.
Speaker 9: Mister chairman, though that was unbelievably inspiring. My amendment has nothing to do with whether or not colored people or black people or anybody can serve. Okay, that has nothing to do with spaking any of that stuff. What we want to preserve and maintain is the fact that our military does not become a social experiment. We want the best of the best. We want to have standards that guide who who's in, what unit, what they do. And I'm going to tell you guys, right right now, the Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians, the North Koreans, they are not they are not doing this because they want the strongest military possible.
Speaker 15: I'd like to be recognized to have the words colored people stricken from the record. I find it offensive and very inappropriate.
Speaker 9: Is a general lady asking for unanimous consents to take down the words.
Speaker 15: I am asking for unanimous consent to take down the words of referring to me or any of my colleagues as colored people.
Speaker 4: Well, the congressman the name is Eli Krank, Eli Krane. Look, I'm not saying that colored people is not offensive, because everything is about context. There's absolutely a context. But colored people can be offensive. But I don't think that was one of those times. And if colored people is offensive, then we need to have a meeting, because we use colored people all the time and various ways we say people of color and people of color is just saying colored people with better grammar. NAACP is a National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Hell in the wayans intro, they say we're happy and we're singing, and we're colored. So all I'm saying is if color is offensive, colored people is offensive, then we need to have a meeting and revise some things.
Speaker 2: Don't you think well?
Speaker 1: I mean the Waynes brothers are black, so they can say color, just like they can say the N word if they can say it if they want. But when it comes to anybody on the outside race using it, I don't like it. I think it's offensive and if people don't like it, it just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 5: It doesn't sit right with me when I.
Speaker 4: Just hear why people of color when they say people when they refer to us in brown people as people of color, because I'm just saying color colored people, just with better GRAMDMA.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't really hear people say that.
Speaker 2: I say it.
Speaker 5: People here say black people. I say everybody's color people you meet.
Speaker 4: People of color is used every day. They use that term all the time. They lumpus all it and they be like people of color, diversity and include.
Speaker 1: When they say color of color, they usually you they mean what black people, They mean brown people. They can mean Indian people. That could mean Spanish people, It could mean so many different people. But colored people means black people when you put true, when you refer to let's say somebody Spanish or somebody Indian or somebody, they don't they told them.
Speaker 2: As colored people. Well, color people is referred to as black.
Speaker 4: My point is people of color, colored people. It's the same thing. You're just using better grammar.
Speaker 1: But if people are offended by it, people are offended by it, maybe we shouldn't say it seemed like and I'm saying, discuss every other organizational group. If they say they offended by it, people.
Speaker 2: Stop using it.
Speaker 1: The LGBTQ community is there were words that we would say back in the eighties that that would refer to, like, for instance, homosexual. Right now, I don't think I can use that term.
Speaker 2: Referred to them. Can't say homosex.
Speaker 4: I don't think you make me say sometimes yes, you can say homosexual when you can't say homosexual.
Speaker 2: Take the sexual loaf. You can't say that. Put anything different. But back then you could or the same thing with a You couldn't back then, by the way, I know you couldn't.
Speaker 4: There's never been a time you could just call somebody the homosexual without the sex. Baby.
Speaker 2: If you don't remember that, maybe a little person, little person before you would say midgie. Now you can't say midge. Still say midgie, little person, sound more offense?
Speaker 1: Well the little people, well you all little purpose, so you could you know what the story all.
Speaker 2: I'm simply saying is.
Speaker 4: And by the way, when people are offended, they call their organizations right to have their back. So if I'm offended by the word colored people, I got to call it a National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Speaker 2: To have my back. You don't see how stupid that sounds. All right, well, let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 1: VIVI and good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm sorry for laughing, jerk and I hate them, but go ahead.
Speaker 12: Yes, I'm calling because I disagree with Scharlamagne he's saying. Okay. First of all, it was establaged in nineteen oh nine. Back then the term called was accepted, and not to mention it wasn't exclusively for blacks.
Speaker 7: It was really for.
Speaker 12: People of color.
Speaker 1: And as time goes on there, yes, I just told you, why would you say, why would it be called the.
Speaker 12: National Association for the End World? That would even be considered. There are a lot of times.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: I guess say there are a lot of terms that over time become unacceptable, like the term the R word, you know, for people with mental illness, illnesses over time that because yeah, back then those words that were okay change and you about she's.
Speaker 1: Talking about okay and we're not talking about the word retarding. People don't like that word because now it's different words, remigia, thing with LGBT.
Speaker 4: Can we take a step back for a second. I can see that both we all are correct. I don't disagree with any of those points. But what I'm simply saying is why do we still call it the na A c P didn't Why do we still say people of color?
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Should we change it too? I don't know what should we change it too?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it just feels crazy because this is.
Speaker 12: An established organization. It's been around for over one hundred years, you know, to change it now, it just wouldn't sound right.
Speaker 10: You actually don't say.
Speaker 4: We're saying that colored people is offensive? Why wouldn't we change? And you're telling me that over time colored people has gotten more offensive? Why would can we tell him to change the name of the organization?
Speaker 2: We should?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who is this?
Speaker 16: This is Kim?
Speaker 5: Hey, Kim, gome on it. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 11: I completely disagree with what Charlamagne is talking about. Charlemagne, you have got to take a second and think about the words that you're saying. You're listening to respond, but you're not listening to understand. If the NAAP was started in nineteen o nine, it makes perfectly good sense. The context text of the word matters. Like how he was saying it was in a derogatory manner. It's the same way we use the N word in our culture. It's accepted within our culture. But we know surely when somebody's saying it in a negative way. So you can't just keep saying, oh, this organization uses it, So why is it defensive?
Speaker 16: Offensive?
Speaker 11: It is absolutely offensive the way it was focused.
Speaker 2: You think that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Said?
Speaker 17: It makes perfectly this man?
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me ask you a question.
Speaker 4: We're saying that the term colored people is offensive, right, You're saying that.
Speaker 11: I'm saying, and the context that it was used and the way it was used was offensive.
Speaker 4: The context that he used it in on that floor is offensive. I think there is a way that that word can be used in the context that offensive, but not the way he used it just now on that floor.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. We're gonna take more calls if you're just joining us, Arizona Republican. H he was on the House floor and referred to black Americans as colored people. Were asking what your thoughts? Will play the audio when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: Good morning, it's topic time called eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, we're talking about Arizona Republican on the House floor refer to black Americans as coloring Eli Crane, Eli Crane.
Speaker 5: And here's the audio.
Speaker 2: Mister chairman.
Speaker 9: Though that was unbelievably inspiring, My amendment has nothing to do with whether or not colored people or black people or anybody can serve. Okay, that has nothing to do with thinking any of that stuff. What we want to preserve and maintain is the fact that our military does not become.
Speaker 2: You can stop it right there and listen.
Speaker 4: Colored people absolutely can be offensive, but everything is about context. You know, there's absolutely a context. But colored people can be offensive. I don't think that was one of those times. And once again I'm gonna keep saying this. If colored people is now offensive, then we need to have a meeting about the term people of color, because that's just saying colored people with better grammar. And we definitely need to have a conversation about the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like the term when you refer to Jewish people, right, and you take off that's Ish, right. But for years people would just say, hey, the so and so live in that area. It wasn't supposed to mean derogatory. It was how people would say it. Then we realized that they didn't like it, so we don't say that word.
Speaker 2: Now we say Jewish.
Speaker 4: But no, it's still a context of that too, though, because you know, you can say, I remember We had the head of the ADL up here, Jonathan Green Black, and we talked about that and he said, it's all about context, because there's like you can say.
Speaker 2: That that word shortened in a negative time.
Speaker 1: We won't even say the word because we don't we don't necessarily.
Speaker 4: Understand trying not to practice bad happen because we don't know. You know what I mean, I've been trying to stop saying the N word for yours. That's a damn line I have.
Speaker 5: I mean, you said any word the other day.
Speaker 2: Because you be acting like I try not to say it, but I can't think of no other words. See, let's go to the fold lines. Hello, who's this? Hey, hey, share, good morning. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 17: So I'm not against color, that's because as women have different beautiful colored children. But I do think we need to look at the word minority a little bit, just because what's the up of minorities majority? Right while we left hand, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just the numbers thing. I get what she's saying, but it's just the numbers.
Speaker 1: The minority means is we're lower numbers as opposed to the majority of people, which is.
Speaker 2: But if you put all the color together, we're the majority. Hello, all the colors together with the majority. King, what's up? King?
Speaker 16: Talk?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: And vy?
Speaker 19: I wanted to talk about that color thing. So what I know this though, is like I'm rolling with Charlemagne on this one, because what I notice is every morning you guys play like this thing from the from the wayans brothers, or they say we're happy and we're single and.
Speaker 2: Words singing, singing, singing. We're not single. We're singing. We're singing.
Speaker 10: Okay, we're singing.
Speaker 19: But that's what I'm But that's what I'm saying. It's like like if we if we go on, like you know, take a fense to some of these words, and we gotta take it out like people talking about the nuble a TP. We gotta change that too, And then we got to stop playing that stuff, you know, in the morning and all of that, and we're gonna be taking offense to it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's common sense to me, my brother, but you know, common sense ain't coming nowadays.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, thank you, Hello, who's this hey? Sean going to talk to us?
Speaker 16: Good morning? All I think and the is right it's the ceiling number one, number two. So many some people who we proceed don't like us, and it sounds like a label when they say it. When we speak about it, it's a description, but when they speak about it, it's a label. Just like Jewish people. You know what I'm saying, but you say Jewish it's derogatory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but those organizations, those people also don't have organizations named after their slurs. So if colored people is indeed a slur, like we have the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, we're describing ourselves, So why should somebody else describe us in that way?
Speaker 2: Like I'm trying to fact, I'm just no.
Speaker 16: What they say. They're labeled wing us.
Speaker 10: That's a label.
Speaker 2: So what is people of color?
Speaker 3: To us?
Speaker 2: What is people of color?
Speaker 16: People of color?
Speaker 10: We're describing ourselves.
Speaker 2: But don't you think that's just colored people with better grammar?
Speaker 1: No, because color black people, people of color is black, it is brown people, it's Indian people.
Speaker 4: People of Indian people people, but colored people is as well.
Speaker 2: Colored people people are described as black.
Speaker 1: Note it's not when you said colored person, nobody ever think it was a Latino.
Speaker 2: If you say colored person. Nobody ever think it was Indian. That's y'all for being stupid. No colored people to black people. Let me pull look up colored people.
Speaker 16: You're right as well. We do need to have a conversation about changing those.
Speaker 2: The term colored.
Speaker 4: The term colored in British usage, the term refers to a person who is wholly or partly of non white descent.
Speaker 2: That it is not just black people, y'all. What are we doing here?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 2: Why are we acting so silly here? Huh? Well, what's the more old stories? I mean, the more those stories.
Speaker 4: What I said earlier, I'm not saying that colored people is not offensive. Anything can be offensive, right, because everything is about context. So there's absolutely a context where colored people can be offensive. I don't think that guy using it on the floor was one of those times.
Speaker 2: But on another.
Speaker 4: Note, if colored people is offensive, if it is a slur, as y'all are trying to tell me this morning, and we need to have a meeting because we say people of color, and I feel that's just saying colored people with better grammar. And we have the NAACP, which is the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Speaker 2: We need to have a meeting and revise some things, don't you think, right, well, we could discuss, especially.
Speaker 4: Especially when y'all keep saying, well it was we created that word back in nineteen oh nine, but over time it seemed to be a bad word, all the more reason we probably should revise some things, right, all right, Well, I'm just simply saying, like, what do we We're arguing about something that seems very common sense to me. Okay, all right, well, let's get to the rumor report. Let's talk about Big Color then BBC. It was actually big black, Yes, but that's not color.
Speaker 1: But but I changed it the colors that you LIKECC, big Color, BCC.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna talk about BCC's when we come back. All right, you got very excited about that. We'll get to a Dexu's the Breakfast Clogo morning owning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ NV CHARLAMAGNEA God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Back to that work week. Now, did you new Jersey there was a couple of tornadoes over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Did you see that?
Speaker 2: I don't see no damn to a couple of tornadoes for real? Yeah? I missed those.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the weather's been nasty in a couple of places. I've seen that.
Speaker 2: I saw some flash flooding happening. A lot of flash flooded.
Speaker 4: Man, you arresting. Peace to the family from Charleston, South Carolina. Some of them lost their life in the flood. I don't remember how many, but yeah, very sad. So I know this hole this The weather's been very, very disgusting recently. When when it came to weather, they said it's been I think July the July third, fourth, and fifth was the hottest days ever.
Speaker 2: I saw that. Oh, y'all thought climate change wasn't real, y'all.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, y'all, y'all listening to all these climate change deniers as if you know, what's happening on this planet isn't real. But you're starting to see the effects of that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're saying in Vegas it's over one hundred degrees the last couple of weeks, and also when Houston has been, you know, over one hundred degrees last week and this week.
Speaker 2: So climate change is real, people, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: All right, now, when we come back, we got to talk Adam twenty two.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a.
Speaker 5: Podcast and not only that, he's an ex paorn star. So he talks about his wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know that, allowing.
Speaker 1: His wife to have h a BBC takeover. We'll talk about that and then rewarding her with a lambo. Yeah, we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club to mon mourning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Clubs.
Speaker 4: Some thoughts to ponder on this Monday morning. What's always ripping out the plastic?
Speaker 2: Yes? Is anyone recycling? Recycling is important?
Speaker 4: Out okay, and it's all fun and games until the ripping out the plastic challenge becomes about condoms.
Speaker 2: Rip me out the plastic, not a baby, brand new, Happy Monday. There you go. Well, let's get to rooms. Let's talk at him twenty two.
Speaker 5: Call out a name or you gossip?
Speaker 2: You chatting?
Speaker 5: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 2: Spells right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Now, Adam twenty two.
Speaker 2: You might know me.
Speaker 1: He's a podcaster. He's the host of the No Jumper podcast podcast excuse me. He's also a porn star.
Speaker 2: So he's been trending the last couple of days because he revealed that he was allowing his wife, Leaning the Plug, to film her first ever intimate scene with another man.
Speaker 5: Now the man is uh, big black.
Speaker 2: Dude, the big color. Yeah, I was gonna say big color.
Speaker 4: You want to think no, no, no, Now.
Speaker 1: We talk about after they filled film the scene, Leaning the Plug, who this was the first time ever having an intimate scene with another man, and this was a big black dude.
Speaker 14: You know how it is once you get into the moment, it's like, you know, it's all it's no horse bar, let's go.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you her better than Adam did?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 14: Obviously yes, but I'm pretty sure he probably felt different with Adam for her because love is involved emotions. But as for the physical aspect of getting obviously.
Speaker 4: Right, you need to find that brother's name and say that brother's name, what's his name?
Speaker 5: But his name is Jason Love.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jason Love, Jason man being and black and all this other crazy How didn't I say the big bl brother but also Jason Love. So now Adam twenty two talks to him talking just now that was him talking to him getting played by player what happened after the porn session.
Speaker 4: A post game on the Poundtown is crazy. We need a post game on the Poundtown.
Speaker 2: I don't think we need a post game on the Poundtown. Well, she did one too, and she talks about her how her vagina felt.
Speaker 20: I was in a lot of pain for a few days, so having sex was you know, it was real, Polster. You're you're a little traumatized by me being like ouch the hold time at first. Yeah, but that did go away pretty quickly, took like three or four days. Yeah, you feel like it's snapped back. Well, you never had the natural birth that you were planning. I don't believe that vagina stretches from having sex once for forty minutes with a bigger You.
Speaker 4: Know, now that I'm getting more context about this situation, I don't see the issue with any of it.
Speaker 2: If all of them were porn stars.
Speaker 1: Well, he rewarded her with a Lamborghini truck after having her first scene without him.
Speaker 2: But you don't see what you said what I.
Speaker 4: Don't see the problem with it. If all of them are ports, does if all of them are ponts, does this is what porn stars do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But when do you re tire? I'm sure Adam is making enough money.
Speaker 1: Just brought Adam bought her a Lamborghini when you retire, and before that, she never did a scene with anybody else.
Speaker 5: So now she has the scene with somebody else. Now I get it.
Speaker 1: If that was the only way of income, that was the only way of making money. But that's still his wife at the end of the day. They've never done a scene like that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Well, if your business is porn and you know you exhausted, I guess maybe the possibilities between you and your significant other, like everybody seeing that a million times, you gotta do something else, right, Hey.
Speaker 1: But when do you stop? You're doing your hosting podcasts. She doesn't have to do it for money anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't know these people financial situation.
Speaker 1: And the only thing that he said that he didn't want it is she didn't want He didn't want how to have a facial and no kissing.
Speaker 4: Poundtown just slept Poundtown. I don't know, man, I don't know man.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Poundtown, Sexy Read made an appearance at a high school and people are upset now. In the clip, she enters the school gymnasium to the music. She's throwing up the middle finger and gang signs of people are saying that she shouldn't shouldn't have.
Speaker 5: Been allowed to in high school.
Speaker 1: Why, well, she responded, y'all do know I went there to give the boys money for their haircuts and girls bundles for prom week because I remember when I needed help with my prom and stuff. So people are saying that the principal should have made a different pick, should have been another appearance for another school. Maybe she should have did college and not high school. What that's what they're saying. I don't know, man, It's not like the high school students don't listen to these songs the records and watch these videos anyway.
Speaker 5: But they're saying bringing it to well, wasn't she there to do a good deed?
Speaker 2: She was there good. Isn't that what matter? The fact that she did a good deed?
Speaker 5: Yes, But people are saying, maybe they should have picked another artist.
Speaker 2: Maybe they didn't pick anybody. Maybe she chose to do that.
Speaker 4: Maybe that artist what's her name, Maybe Sexy Rector said hey, this is what I want to do for this school. Maybe the school didn't pick her. Maybe she just woke up one morning and said, you know what, I'm making some money now I want to do something good for some kids.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna choose this school. What are we talking about here? Mom?
Speaker 4: People are upset about that and upset with the principal. And what if it was a sex ad class? What if those kids need to know what color booty shit? Have you ever thought about that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you know what color booty whole was before sexy red?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Exactly, you educated a lot of us.
Speaker 5: It's brown.
Speaker 2: It's brown.
Speaker 5: It's brown.
Speaker 2: I've never looked, you know, but I would assume it is brown. It's brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And lastly, syphilis is making return.
Speaker 1: Syphilis has increased one hundred and twenty eight percent among women in Houston since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Now that ain't sexy red fault. Now, who you're gonna blame for that? The new infections rose by fifty seven percent. That's all that ripping out the plastic people taking them condoms off.
Speaker 1: They were twenty nine hundred new infections in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: Damn, what's the ride? Why come on? Give me a reason why you can't just say that?
Speaker 2: What's three? Ain't no reason why this said this a rise.
Speaker 1: It says, uh, symphlis has happened when a pregnant person passes back to real infections, so now your baby can get it in the womb. If untreated, can lead to still birth or damage the baby's organs or bone. So they're saying, please get yourself checked out and double checked. But syphilis has increased one hundred and twenty eight percent among women.
Speaker 4: Why I just looked to said, sexual health in general really seems to be under emphasized due to a lack of screening other significant issues such as access to care, funding, lack of available clinics. All of these factors contribute to the rising rates of secular sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis.
Speaker 5: Damn, oh world, happy Monday.
Speaker 4: Better start stop ripping out them plastics and keeping the plastics on if you know what I.
Speaker 1: Know, Jesus Christ. All right, well that is your room reporting. How are you giving that donkey?
Speaker 2: Two four after the hour.
Speaker 4: We need a man named Gary Hillman to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a world with him. I don't know how many other ways to tell y'all to stop drinking and driving, but we'll discuss.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 2: It don't move. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: When it's time to get with someone special, the best way to do it is with Magnum large sized condoms. That gold foil wrapper is a badge of honor and it means you're protected and you take care of things with comfort.
Speaker 2: Accept no substitutes. Bring the pleasure with the gold standard Magnum large sized condomspr HD one, New York at.
Speaker 13: iHeart Radio Station, Junky.
Speaker 1: Time you get you are a drunk its.
Speaker 2: Day, I'm a fat and all that shit around your They want this man to do to have to make a judgment. Who was going to be on the Donkey of the Day. They chose you. There's a breakfast club, bitch you, Who's donkey of the day today, Well that's Sharon.
Speaker 4: Donkey of to day From Monday, July seventeenth goes to Gary Hillman. I feel like I just be telling y'all the same things over and.
Speaker 2: Over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: But Gary Hillman is forty eight years old and he was arrested for me in more than three times over the drunk driving limit. Let me tell you something. I don't know why we are still getting on this radio and telling people not to drink and drive. With all these rides shared companies that exist today. There's absolutely no reason.
Speaker 2: But the thing.
Speaker 4: It's one thing to get behind the wheel, it's another to get behind the wheel.
Speaker 2: And still not know when to quit. See.
Speaker 4: Gary Hillman was determined he either killed somebody or kill himself when he was driving drunk.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, Uncle Charla.
Speaker 4: Well, Gary was pissy drunk and on Friday, around two point fifty pm, clearly day drinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, clearly just left a brunch or something.
Speaker 4: He collided with a security fence after going too fast around the corner. He failed to stop and report the accident, and he carried on driving. Now he said he was just drinking vodka. I don't understand people who get this drunk, because you would think a crash into a fence.
Speaker 2: Which sober you up.
Speaker 4: You would think a crash into a fence would make you realize, man, I've had one too many. But no, Gary kept driving and then as he was approaching around about he crashed into a central reservation, which caused his airbags.
Speaker 2: To be deployed.
Speaker 4: Now, at this point, I definitely don't think driving would be possible, but Gary kept going. He turned around on the highway and stuck his head out of the driver's window in order to see over the airbags. He was said to be driving slowly, but he been onto the wrong side of the road on which he was traveling for three quarters of a mile. At one point, Gary drove head on directly towards an ambulance which had his blue lights and sirens on. Imagine that this ambulance on the way to help somebody in need, maybe even had somebody in there already, and Gary could have hit them head on and killed everyone in the ambulance. Okay, one of the officers said, it's nothing short of a miracle that there wasn't an extremely serious incident leading to serious injury or death.
Speaker 2: Now, when police.
Speaker 4: Finally caught up with Gary stupid ass, his blood test was taken, which revealed he had two hundred and forty nine mgs of alcohol and one hundred mgs of blood. I have no idea what that means. I just know the legal limit is eighty and he was three times over the limit. Now, Gary did say he was remorseful, and his lawyer said he had hit rock bottom in the time of the offense, and he recognizes there was a problem, and he has been in contact with alcoholics anonymous.
Speaker 2: To help rebuild his life. Good for you, that's what we want to happen.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't mean you will not be held responsible for the consequences of your actions. This man has clearly watched one too many fast and furious movies.
Speaker 2: All right. This man thought he was Dominique Toretto.
Speaker 4: How many times has been Diesel's car exploded and he kept driving it, all right. I don't know how many other ways to tell y'all not to drink and drive. I thought this was something that collectively we all decided was a terrible idea years ago.
Speaker 2: If you want to.
Speaker 4: Drink, stay your ass home, okay. If you want to drink, do it at a French's house where you don't gotta leave. If you want to drink, factor your uber are lyft into what you plan to spend that night on drinks. Because there's no reason to be drinking and driving, no reason at all. There's not one single solitary reason on this third rock from the Sun for you to be drinking and driving. Do I have to tell you that each drink you know drive and pairs your ability to drink?
Speaker 2: Wait? What the hell did I just say each drink you have and pays your ability to drive? Okay, that's right.
Speaker 4: If you are drunk, don't drive, all right, don't even put that was a golf reference. Maybe if we make it wrong, people will listen. Let me try allow life to thrive. Don't drink and drive. Look, man, the moral of the story is drinking and driving. There are stupider things to do, but it's a very short list. Please give Gary Hillman the biggest he Huh. I don't even know any other ways to tell people not to drink and drive.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 4: I mean we say it all the time. It's unbelievable at this point. It's like how many how much money was spent on don't drink and drive campaigns? Yeah, Like, come on, there's nothing I can say, Nothing that I can say that somebody shouldn't know already about drinking and driving.
Speaker 1: And like you said, if you're gonna go out and drink and drive, maybe just put the Uber or whatever that's right, taxi cab or Yes, however, you need to get home. Put that in your budget for it, man, and just think about it.
Speaker 2: Each drink you drive and pays your ability to.
Speaker 4: Drink, your lift whatever you need to. I mean, each you know what I'm trying to say here? What am I trying to say? I don't know what you're trying to say?
Speaker 2: Each drink you have impaired your ability to drive? There go there you go?
Speaker 1: All right, Well that is your donkey of the day. Shot to be et. We'll see you tomorrow. Everybody else, let's open up the phone line. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We were talking about Sexy Red. Now there was a clip of sexy Red.
Speaker 5: Uh they say performing in front of a school age children.
Speaker 1: It was a high school and the air perform I thought, you just showed up, that's what the that's what the report said.
Speaker 5: But she said, I actually didn't perform.
Speaker 1: It was prom week and I went up there to give the girls bundles and the boys money for haircuts because I remember when I needed help with my prom stuff.
Speaker 2: That's right, dropping the clues moms for sexy Red.
Speaker 4: All of y'all out there talking about the school shouldn't have picked sexy Red.
Speaker 2: I think sexy Red picked the.
Speaker 1: School, so people were upset. They said, you know, they shouldn't have picked sexy Red. They said, uh, if you don't know who sexy recorn, you play a snipp of a record so people know what it is.
Speaker 3: She did.
Speaker 2: The one who say your booty whole brown.
Speaker 1: Well, she says vagina pink and boot you hope brown, hey goes just so you can hear, so you know what it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta blank you gotta bleep bootyhole. I guess they do. You can't say booty.
Speaker 5: Oh so if they blanket while you keep saying it, I don't know, you couldn't say boodio. All right, stop saying it, all right?
Speaker 1: So people, you know, people upset, people saying that, you know, the principal shouldn't have hired her, that you know, taking teenagers to poundtown is not right. The administration that allowed this to happen needs to be shaved in, fire man, because this is just ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I don't think anything was wrong with her going to provide haircuts and bundles for them kids.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, what are your thoughts on.
Speaker 2: Worried about the wrong things.
Speaker 4: Man, she didn't if she didn't perform for them kids, No, it shouldn't be an issue.
Speaker 2: But let's talk.
Speaker 4: She came to that school, and you know she's garnered enough money from telling people that their booty holes brown that she can buy bundles and haircuts with them kids.
Speaker 2: I have no problem with.
Speaker 1: It whatsoever, but let's talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Sluggle Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: It's topic time.
Speaker 18: Called eight hundred and five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club, talk about it.
Speaker 1: One of everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club nephew, just joining us. We're talking about Sexy Red. Now Sexy Red. Of course she performs the Marva Johna Pink my booty whole brown, that record, all right.
Speaker 5: So recently she went to a school and she went.
Speaker 1: To basically people thought she was there to perform, but she cleared that up.
Speaker 5: She said, I actually didn't perform. It was prom week.
Speaker 1: I went up there to give the girls bundles and boys money for haircuts because I remember when I needed help with my prom stuff.
Speaker 2: It was trending.
Speaker 1: People were kind of upset, you know. They left comments like the principal should be fired. Uh taking teenagers to poundtown no way.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The administration that allowed this to happen needs to be shamed and fired because this is beyond ridiculous. In the hostel, did your high schools have performers come that kids listen to? Common sense would be that she didn't perform anything vogue before the children. People are saying, well, why is she going to high school instead of colleges?
Speaker 5: That's what they're saying.
Speaker 4: So the administration that allowed someone to come into the school and provide resources for the students should be fired. That makes zero sense to me. She didn't perform, you know what I mean. If she had performed that song, that might be an appropriate for kids, even though these kids are listening to it on their screaming services every day. But if she had came in and performed, it'd be different. I did see a video where she walked in and flipped off.
Speaker 1: Everybody, and she gave everybody in the middle founder in appropriate and then I mean for that crowd, and then she did the I guess the booty hoole Brown the booty hole sign.
Speaker 4: Or that again sign the capital sign. I throw those booty hole sig. I have no idea, but.
Speaker 5: Anyway, so people are mad at it.
Speaker 1: I look, she's an artist and as a kid when autist used to go to my high school. Yes, of course they're going to play. They say Vogue stuff in their records. But she wasn't performing. She was actually giving back. And even if she did perform, I understand parents might not like it, but these are high school students.
Speaker 2: They want it all day long. I wouldn't want her to perform.
Speaker 4: If if she performed, that is on the on the on the the administration, because you know, usually these songs come with parental advisory stickers, correct, right, So it's up to the parents to determine whether or not. You know, these kids should be listening to this to this music. So if you did bring in an artist like that who have those types of explicit lyrics, there should have been some type of form that went out that said, hey, we're gonna have a performance from Sexy Red. Do you want your child to be a part of this performance? But she did not perform. You know, she didn't perform to your point, Yes, rappers make explicit music.
Speaker 2: That's what rappers do, male female. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: They've made explicit music historically throughout the years. That should not take away from any good deeds that they do. This young lady decided to do a good deed at this school. She provided haircuts, and she provided bondadoules.
Speaker 1: I respect it, Yeah, I don't. I don't have a problem with that. She didn't perform. And let's not get a twisted like you look at all these concerts and festivals, rolling aloud and all that. You got to be sixteen and over. So these kids are hearing the music. But to have them perform, you're right. If they got you know, parental approval, then that's not a problem.
Speaker 2: But she didn't perform. While she didn't perform, all she did was do a good deed. So I don't. I don't have a problem with this young lady doing a good deed. Hello, who's this? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't think you should have went up there. All do respect it, but we didn't. Even though we listened to that type of music in high school, we didn't blow it.
Speaker 5: I don't love about that.
Speaker 2: I mean all of all of them with school parties. We danced to it.
Speaker 10: I mean there was at the school. He didn't bring it out like that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, now you're ready. But she didn't perform.
Speaker 5: Though she didn't.
Speaker 10: Perform, Oh she didn't. Okay, Well, when they do a good deed, they all respect to it. But performing that would have been a different And I agree.
Speaker 4: If she performed like we grew up off Uncle Luke. I loved Uncle Luke back in the day. They wasn't bringing no Uncle Luke to performed form. No high school though, you know what I'm saying, So that I can understand that she would perform.
Speaker 2: People being upset, but her just doing a good deed. No, I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 10: Hello, who's this from? V?
Speaker 2: John V? Seven five seven eight oh.
Speaker 5: Four seven five seven Baby? You know what it is.
Speaker 2: Anton Rose area?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: Talk to us. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, I'm not really feeling that, man. I mean, if she went in there actually did the performance, I don't think that would have been at the look. But she just went to drop some money off and and and show faith.
Speaker 3: That was cool.
Speaker 21: But if they said she performed, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And she didn't they tell my brother. She did not perform.
Speaker 5: She didn't perform.
Speaker 21: Okay, okay, if she didn't perform, that's different. But that's the problem. I think most people thinking that what happened because imagined Uncle Luke coming in in our era with two loves Crew to perform at our high school.
Speaker 2: It'll be crazy.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you this, Me and me, me and breakfast club listeners are usually on the same wavelength.
Speaker 2: I just said the same, he said.
Speaker 4: I love our listeners because they got common sense for the most part.
Speaker 1: But it's also not her fault if she walks in the building and the DJ plays her record like.
Speaker 2: That's that's what happened. They had a DJ, Yeah, they played the music when she walked in. They shouldn't have no DJ.
Speaker 1: I mean, because you know, she she probably had to get on the mic and explained what she was doing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Teachers probably was so confused. She say, what is pink? And what is brown?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this? What's up?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 2: Talk to us? What's your thoughts? So sexy?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 19: I'm kind of like Charlotte say, they should have got the full context of everything before they made a judgment on it, because I think it was a great thing that she did just because she made her song.
Speaker 10: Hey man, I would have made gready for Luke would have the day without the school.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. That's the third Uncle Luke breakfast this morning, Uncle Luke. By the way, Uncle Luke was way more explicit than sexy. You're red.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I don't care what y'all said, because by the way, Uncle Luke was telling us what the color of feasts was.
Speaker 2: All right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And by the way, what about you know only you know what's so bad about that song? What about everybody who's vagina's arn't pink? You know, because the laby you can have a purpoleish color. Sometimes they can have a reddish or brown color.
Speaker 2: You know. So you're saying she's actually giving us medical research about I'm saying that she's excluding some people. No, but she's saying her vagina's pink and her booty holds brown. Oh she said that her personally.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, then pink, but booty hole about herself.
Speaker 2: You're right, you're right, you're right. It don't matter. She did a good deed, okay.
Speaker 4: And by the way, it takes a person from a certain community to know that these girls need bundles. Shit, I ain't never heard nobody, by the way, I ain't never heard nobody buy a bunch of girls a pack of bundles, dropping the clues bombs for Sexy Red.
Speaker 2: For really caring about our people. Did you hear about haircuts all the time?
Speaker 4: I provide haircuts every summer back home in Monts Corners, South cal Line when I do my book back drive. Now you got me thinking I got to step my game up and provide some bundle. Sexty Red, you know what, because during the car show, I give free haircuts monsters, you know, free haircuts. And now I'm doing bundles this year because of you, sexty Red, because we already do that. I do my book back expensive though, and by the way, I'm doing it August twelfth, Monst Corner, South Carolina, Berkeley High School.
Speaker 2: I'll be doing it again this year my book back giveaway.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give out bundles eight hundred five eighty five one oh five. And we're talking Sexy Red. People are mad at her. People are mad at the school because she went to the school. They thought she was performing. She didn't perform, but she went there to give boys haircuts and girls bundles. We'll talk about it more when we come back at the Breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 2: Tell me it's topic time.
Speaker 18: Eight hundred five five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody, it's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club on this Monday. We're talking about Sexy Red. She was trending over the weekend because there's a clip of her going to a school. They said she was performing. She wasn't performing, but she went to the school. They played her record and people are mad, saying that she shouldn't have been at the school. They said that the principals should be fired. They said that she shouldn't be taking TDA just to poundtown. Well, she responded, she said, I actually didn't perform. It was prom week and I went up there to give the girls bundles and boys money for haircuts, because I remember when I needed help with my prom stuff.
Speaker 4: A Sexy Red, I don't know you. You did a good deed. F what these people talking about?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So we just going to the phone lines. I agree, Hello, who's this Jason? Jason was up talk to us.
Speaker 10: Oh, man, I want this man. This is an artist trying to put her craft. Man, so she gonna do what she do to her craft. But if she never performed as school and she did some positive where's where is the small stuff that you see all these artists do when they do stuff like this.
Speaker 4: Because you know, we live in an era where everybody got to focus on the negative. Nobody ever wants to focus on the positive. We always got to find a way to tear somebody down because it's sexy.
Speaker 2: Red man. Little boys got headcuting, mad little girls got bundles. Hello, who's this? Hey?
Speaker 22: This kid's was as from Jess mississippire. I'm lying on my brief on my birthday. Charlamna god dj is who I specially guess?
Speaker 2: Here is the day? Happy birthday? Brother?
Speaker 22: Hey, yeah you said brothers.
Speaker 4: I don't know why he called you a brother. I can clearly hear today in your voice.
Speaker 22: Set him right right again, tell him again, tell me in see they go dja here. I'm just waking up, man, Like I told her, it's a counselor years counsel day.
Speaker 23: It's my birthday.
Speaker 22: I got through to the press club.
Speaker 2: Ye, happy birthday.
Speaker 22: Sister, please say it, pre Sae, then you gotta right.
Speaker 2: We're going on, though. What's your thoughts on sexy Red? What's she right or wrong?
Speaker 22: When you tell you something like this, y'all, we can't really never say what that? So liberty is really wrong when they show up a pull up because we tell you something, Well, some liberty get.
Speaker 23: The opportunity and be just to come out into you know, out and people, your fans get a chance to see you, even that not a fan, because who you are and you having that platform.
Speaker 12: That means a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you just joined us and you don't know what we're talking about, but we appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 5: Did you really know that was a girl? Yes?
Speaker 2: I knew that was a woman. How do you know that? I just I can hear it?
Speaker 5: Man, I couldn't hear.
Speaker 2: It because you don't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear it. Poundtown just left Poundtown?
Speaker 3: Hello? Is this it was always be one from the Metro was good? Right?
Speaker 2: You talk to us? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 20: Bro?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 3: Look, I agree with what sexy Red is doing, she obviously said, y'all do know I went there to get a boy's haircuts and give the girls bundles for their cambs, because I remember when I ain't had none, correct, So I love the way that she handled herself with class. He didn't go onto Instagram live and go crazy or nothing like that. So now sexy Red is absolutely right. And another point that I will actually say about Sexy Red too is that she shouts out the land on Poundtown like y'all or whatever, like she actually respects masculine energy and stuff like that and the way she approaches herself. And that's why I think people love her so much.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not mad at her. Man, she did a good deed. She didn't put if she would have performed at the school. I can understand people, you know, maybe having some complaint, but all she.
Speaker 2: Did was a good deed. A right. What's the more of the story.
Speaker 4: The mall of the story is man, one hundred percent Remy human hair bundles cost between forty and one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Salute sexy Red.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how many she bought, but I know that was a nice little pretty penny if she had to buy it for a whole school, So salute to that woman man for making a You know he's in the burden of somebody having to pay for some bundles man.
Speaker 1: Salute to her all right now, when we come back, we got your room and report. We got to discuss DDG. He's speaking his feelings and people are making fun of him. We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Owing.
Speaker 1: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: He wilt a lot of cancers up here. You know what cancer? Six twenty nine is My day? Six twenty nine is red Day.
Speaker 2: But I got Eli. Eli works here behind the scenes at the Breakfast Club. He's a cancer. Happy boy day, my GUYLI to the.
Speaker 4: Mic right here, Eli, tell him what your Instagram is? Eli is Mike, so's your Instagram? Eli?
Speaker 2: A g's Maiji's ovio.
Speaker 4: Eli over your Eli because you love he loves but he's but he's Today's birthday.
Speaker 1: He runs the camera. He does production up here as well. He does a lot up here. So we just want to say salute you and happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Brother. Didn't they say that isn't dric people to perform? Yeah, today, he's actually touching down in New York. It's all a blur tour.
Speaker 1: No, they just they just they just said that because of striking, that the show is actually canceled for tonight.
Speaker 4: So so for well striking, they're striking Bracklays and Balclays is striking.
Speaker 2: He Drake's the actors, so he really can't shouldn't be doing anything. Hm, this man, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: Look, Drake, fans may go Thursday if Barclays Center concession workers of voting to strike.
Speaker 2: See that two hours ago? Yeah? Damn another plans for your birthday? That was that?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tickets, no ticket, they're working on it. They're working on it. Was working on it. Oh, promo people up here, you know Dan, Well, Drake ain't giving up tickets. Please stop? All right?
Speaker 1: Well, happy birthday, Bro. We just want to say happy birthday and we appreciate you. Bro, and I get back on that that camera shout out Drake OVERO. You don't even next week.
Speaker 2: You haven't met him. See you next week next week to the show next weekend. This week he's at Barclay So he's gonna be in New York two weeks. So you're gonna stalk them.
Speaker 5: Not really, I mean, all right, well, well listen the truth man.
Speaker 1: On behalf of the break Drake is performing tonight. We just jokeing, were just messing with you, and we got your pair of tickets to go see Drake tonight. Yes, yes, way, yes way, yes, we know you're a huge Drake fan. I mean, like you said, your Instagram is o vo. We got you two tickets on behalf of the Breakfast Club ticket and everybody's staff appear.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you. Tickets. We make sure they're good seats.
Speaker 5: Now we emailed them to emailed them, email, email, make sure you got them.
Speaker 2: So we got them.
Speaker 1: So happy birthday, Eddie, sending it right now, so smiling, about to cry.
Speaker 2: He said he got his line.
Speaker 1: You can't stop smiling, yo, But we appreciate you and and enjoy your birthday with Drake tonight.
Speaker 2: Man, They're gonna have a lot of fun. We were just joking.
Speaker 1: Drake's concert is going down tonight at the ball Play, so get there early.
Speaker 5: And congratulations, oh vo Eli.
Speaker 2: Not except why you act like you were just accepted in the war.
Speaker 4: Yo o yo, your first I want to think, I want to thank that I want to take me and chubbs that.
Speaker 2: Make get out of here. Man on your ass cheeks or something or happy birthday man. We appreciate what you do.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's get to the roomors, let's talk Burkins.
Speaker 4: Thro my call out a name or you gossip been on you chatting gods.
Speaker 5: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 5: Spells right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: Now, we got to send a resting piece to Jane Burkin.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: She's an actress and singer who inspired the Ermez Burken bag that you see all these women and now guys rocking. Now, these bags are about eight thousand dollars to they they can go up to one hundred thousand dollars a bag. You just can't walk in and buy an Ermez Burkin. You actually have to start a relationship.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Rumor has it that she was on a flight with I guess the owner of Ermez Way in the eighties, and I guess she was having too much stuff in her bag that she carried and she was just like, this is a hassle.
Speaker 5: All these bags are too small. I can't put things in my bag.
Speaker 1: And the owner of Ermez at the time was on a flight where it was like, I'm gonna make something for you, and they created the Burken Bag in her name. But she passed away. She was seventy six years old. Oh okay, she was seventy six years old. Yeah, they said that two years ago. She suffered a couple of strokes, so I guess they're saying she had a handful of health concerns. So she passed away. So definitely rest in peace, and that's the reason why you women out there have.
Speaker 2: God bless her. She was an actress and singer though, so it wasn't like just some random woman.
Speaker 4: No, No, it just wasn't an actor randomman on the plane.
Speaker 2: They decided to take her last name. Yep. She was a British actor and singer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder if how much she got off of that Burken you know what I mean? Like, if does she get a percentage because they named.
Speaker 2: It after her? I'm sure all right?
Speaker 1: Now, Haley Bailey's ex boyfriend DDG. People are saying that he's solved and that he's too sensitive because he talks about him being insecure about dating Hally Belly right, So people have been calling him a simp and soft and a sucking all these other things. But he's just speaking what he's been going through.
Speaker 4: I said this last week when we were discussing Kiki Palmer baby Daddy. Why can't men express their feelings? Why can't that man express his insecurities? We have all these conversations about, you know, how men don't express their feelings, and you know, we want men to go do the.
Speaker 2: Work on theyself.
Speaker 4: I go into therapy so they can properly learn how to communicate their feelings. But then when a person does it, they get slammed for it. It's gonna come a point. Man, you're gonna keep pushing men away. You're gonna keep pushing men the to not express themselves. It's already been that way for years, but now you've gotten us to be able to express ourselves just a little bit.
Speaker 2: And now you're telling these men to shut up every time they.
Speaker 5: Do, yeah, which I think is whack.
Speaker 1: And I think having two young boys, well Logan's nineteen years old, but another young boy, you tell them to express their feelings, right, because you don't want them to bottle that in. You don't want them to keep that to themself and then one day explode and not know what to happen and.
Speaker 4: Them daddy, because you know that's what Logan headed. Logan already bigger than this, pops. You know what I'm saying. Like, he's already the really the man of the house. So it's only a matter of time, you know, if you don't express, if you don't let Logan express his feelings, he gonna body slam me.
Speaker 1: That's what she was getting at, right. No, Oh, okay, that was just shut up, man, and that is your room.
Speaker 2: Reports. See.
Speaker 5: I try to be see, I'm trying to be sensitive and all up and for with you.
Speaker 2: But Lugas could beat you up. Lucas could buddy slam you lo the house. Lucas.
Speaker 5: Oh shut up.
Speaker 4: I didn't say throwing about the house, but yeah, I can see him doing that too. I can see him tossing you. And I also want to say, since were talking about it, man. July twenty seventh, actually the weekend of July twenty sixth to the twenty eighth, in my birthplace of Charleston, South Carolina, they have the Low Country Mental Health Conference and I will be welcoming everybody to the low Country Mental Health Conference on July twenty six, July twenty sixth to the twenty eighth, and you can go register right now at low Country Mhconference dot com. That's low Country Mahconference dot com. I didn't even know that South Carolina and Charleston was doing the low Country Mental Health Conference. I was having a conversation with a mayor Techlenberg a couple of weeks ago when I was home, and he just randomly mentioned it, and I'm like, how long y'all been doing this? It's been going on for a long time. And you shure that's the date right? Yes, it's a weekend. It's July twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: July twenty six is Wednesday, that's I'm asking. Yeah, okay, so Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Weday, Thursday and Friday, July twenty sixth to twenty If I'll be there at July twenty seventh at eight thirty am, That's when I'll be there. Okay, Yes, but it starts July twenty sixth. But you can go register at low Country MH Conference dot com. It's the low Country Mental Health Conference in Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: All right, and then that week and of course it's my Car Show in Atlanta. That's the twenty ninth, that's Saturday. And you know we're bringing calls from We're gonna have Young Dolph's whole Fleet, Boosy Badass, fifty Uptown call club Sisters with Jeep, so many different call clubs are gonna be joining us.
Speaker 5: Kids five and under are free.
Speaker 1: So if you haven't got your tickets, that's July twenty ninth in Atlanta. All right, get your tickets, and if you want to put your car in the show, you could just email me DJ and be cast you at gmail dot com. All right, let's get to the mix. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. When it's time to get with someone special, the best way to do it is with Magnum large sized condoms. That gold foil rapper is a badge of honor and it means you're protected and you take care of things with comfort.
Speaker 2: Accept no substitutes.
Speaker 1: Bring the pleasure with the gold standard Magnum large sized condoms. Morning, everybody, It's dej env Charlamagne, the gud we are the Breakfast Club. I just want to salute to all the HBCUs out there. I know a lot of kids are playing to go back to school in the next couple of weeks colleges. I know with September sixteenth, we're doing an HBCU Classic in New York is More House versus Albany State.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a week of events.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be step shows, bands, day parties, night parties. They're tailgating out there. So we're just inviting all the colleges, all the fraternity sororities. If you went to an HBCU, are thinking about going to an HBCU, if we want you to come down and really definitely check it out. It's gona be a lot of fun. We're gonna make some of the alumni feel like they back on the yard. It's just gonna be a great day for HBCU in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Carolina area, DC, Virginia.
Speaker 2: We want everybody to come on up and it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to create these experiences more and more and more for HBCU alumni. HBCU students and people thinking about going to HBCU.
Speaker 2: So just google it and it comes right up.
Speaker 5: It's at MetLife Stadium again.
Speaker 1: It's Morehouse versus Albany State, all right, in that September sixteenth. Now when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody's dj NV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's time to get out of here. Charlaman, you got a positive note.
Speaker 4: I do have a positive note, man, and it comes from my good brother Elliott Kannie. Elliott Kanye is a great psychotherapist, so he's actually who I talk to when I need to talk to somebody. But my man, Elliott says, don't worry about proving doubters wrong. F them, spind your energy, proving your supporters right.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club bit is you don't finish for y'all done,