Speaker 1: Good morning us a yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne, the God Peace to the planet.
Speaker 2: Yes, what day it is? Guess what day it is?
Speaker 3: That's right, it's Wednesday. Is hump day, middle of the week. Good morning, and we get our guest co hosts back. Chris Kaitln Good morning, glad to be bad. He was out playing last night?
Speaker 1: Huh I was?
Speaker 4: I wasn't in my best life?
Speaker 1: Where'd you go?
Speaker 4: I went to see Drake.
Speaker 5: In twenty one Savage, and I was in a suite for the first time in my life. So I learned sweet etiquette rare swe I don't know people wasn't standing up.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you don't stand up in sweet?
Speaker 1: Who don't stand up in sweet?
Speaker 4: Sweet?
Speaker 2: I was in.
Speaker 4: I wanted to turn up.
Speaker 1: Oh, they probably were just sitting down. They probably might have been too cool for.
Speaker 6: School all that.
Speaker 1: Who'sie sweet?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then you took a train.
Speaker 4: Yes, I took us away for the first time.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Did not see it?
Speaker 7: Rag?
Speaker 1: Please call me, text me before you do that. Again, I'll send you a car service.
Speaker 3: So you went from the city to the ball Clays to see Drake. That's probably the fastest way.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was, it was, and I mean I long did it take maybe twenty minutes?
Speaker 1: And that it was really I don't care.
Speaker 8: Took my son two hours?
Speaker 1: Not safe.
Speaker 3: That took my son two hours and forty minutes to get to that Drake concert yesterday. Goes to all the traffic and it was right when it started raining. Read you and how long did it take you.
Speaker 2: To get there?
Speaker 1: Red took like two hours? He took Red two hours. Oh yeah, it was coming from New Jersey, so it was my son.
Speaker 4: I came from Newark. Oh yeah, that's the subway.
Speaker 1: Okay, still would have took I just left a little earlier. So what did you think of the show?
Speaker 4: I thought this show was awesome. It was really good.
Speaker 5: Drake did amazing, twenty one, savage and amazing. I just had a really good time. They brought out an opener Jamaican artists.
Speaker 4: He was cool.
Speaker 5: The overall, like just the energy in there, like it was sold out packed.
Speaker 2: Why you only got.
Speaker 1: Forty five minutes of sleep? That's what I'm trying to figure out what's going to the concert.
Speaker 5: Then okay, the concert in the at like eleven, but you know, we had to get back to Newark and then like when I got home, I couldn't fall asleep because you know, just all you.
Speaker 8: Want to fall asleep, and mister s mission.
Speaker 5: Klock responding everything. So I'm just like a So I got like forty five minutes, but I'm here.
Speaker 1: But you tell you didn't take the subway back to do it.
Speaker 4: No, we did.
Speaker 2: Oh you took it back?
Speaker 8: Yeahamn, And you didn't see that one mouse.
Speaker 4: Not a mouse or rack?
Speaker 1: One mouse.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy.
Speaker 5: I saw more rats when I was in Atlanta than I did in New York. I have not seen one rack, and I've been been to New York a couple times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't been looking. They usually pop out data and I don't want to see them. Trust me, they see you. You may not see them, but they see you.
Speaker 2: Get the rat.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you ain't see nobody with a knie. I'm glad you ain't see nobody with a gun. That's what I'm Yeah, I have a.
Speaker 4: Really good time. Okay, So no no danger.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, high far to you all.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, Emery Jones will be joining us this morning. You know Emery Jones from rockne legendary Emery Jones. Of course we're gonna be chopping.
Speaker 1: I was saying. They're thinking, is it New York if you don't see danger, especially looking at this headline on the front page of the New York Post today, children under fire. Five teens shot in less than twelve hours, and it's fifteen year old killed by a gunfire. May and Adams are acting like nothing is going on in the city. The media what you said, the media is hyping up the crime in New York. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the case. Uh, it was after school and I guess after camp or whatever. They wanted to fight, and you know, they came to do a fist fight and one kid came with a gun instead of his fist, and lord me, he started firing.
Speaker 1: I heard that that way.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we got Emery Jones, we got front page news. When we come back a lot to discuss it.
Speaker 1: Don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning.
Speaker 3: Putting everybody. It's d j en Vy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Good Morning. We got our guest co host Kaitlyn.
Speaker 1: Gar see you with us. I'm sorry, Chris k crazy nowhere, Chris Kaylen. I seen Kaylyn. That's why, Chris Kaylyn. I'm sorry, Chris crazy. Well, let's get in some front page new Caitlyn, Jenna, Halyn Garcia. Where that came from. I've seen Kaitlyn.
Speaker 6: I just told you.
Speaker 1: I just tell you what. Let's get into the front page news the morning, Tess.
Speaker 4: That's right, give them DJ and be a break.
Speaker 7: Good morning and good morning Chris, Good morning in Charlemagne. As Garcia did, come out, come out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, Now you're on this side, all right. Now, let's talk about this. Michigan ag charges participants in twenty twenty fake elector plot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Michigan State Attorney General Dana Nelsy announced that sixteen fake electors who signed certificates falsely claiming that Donald Trump one Michigan in twenty twenty have been charged with multiple felonies. Now, the fake elector's scheme happened in multiple states, but this is the first time any of the fake electors have been charged with a crime related to the scheme. All sixteen individuals were charged with eight felonies, and here are the felonies guys, two counts of forgery, one count of conspiracy to commit forgery, two counts of election law forgery, one count of conspiracy to commit election law forgery forgery, one count of publishing a counterfeit record, and one count of conspiring to publish a counterfeit record. So bottom line is a whole lot of charge all of these individuals are getting now. The group of fake electors from Michigan includes current and former state GOP officials. It includes the Republican National Committee member, a city mayor, a school board member, and Trump supporters who were plaintiffs in the lawsuit that they tried when they tried to overturn the twenty twenty results. So look like there might be some time coming down on these folks for pretending to be electors.
Speaker 1: Well, people are finally getting held responsible for the consequences of their actions. Right, I saw that Trump might even be indicted for a third time. Yeah, they say, because of his efforts to overturn the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 7: Right, absolutely, he might be Induted city received a letter letting them know that he's possibly indicted. Of course, Trump's response is like it has been his entire time that he's doing it for the people, and he takes it with a badge of honor. Just so folks know, the job of an elector is to cast the vote for the president or vice president of the United.
Speaker 4: States in the Elector College.
Speaker 7: And so these folks pretended to be something that they were not, hoping to cause confusion to say that, you know, he won the election opposed to Biden. So they got caught with pretending to be something or not. And here we are, so more charges to come.
Speaker 1: What would a third indictment mean for Trump? Though? Could I still feel like, you know, this is a former president who we've been waiting for consequences to happen to. This is a third indictment, but we just brushed by it like it's not a big deal, Like we don't go to talk about it like it's a big deal. I don't think anybody really cares. That's insane. That shows what our priorities are. Now let's discuss Carlie Russell. The parents spoke to the pressures today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted to give an update on that.
Speaker 7: I noticed the story, you know, we've all been following covered early this week. The parents of Carli Russell said their daughter fought for her life after the twenty five year old Alabama woman went missing when she was pulled over on the interstate to check on a child. Now, while acknowledging they couldn't share many details about what Carly has told them due to the investigation, they said they believe that she was absolutely adducted and the person was still f out there. Let's listen quickly to what other parents had to say.
Speaker 9: We tried to her as best we could, but I had to stand back because she was not in a good state. There were actual actually just so many calls and texts from people who maliciously lie to us.
Speaker 4: I just didn't know people could be so.
Speaker 9: Even she's having to deal with the trauma of people just making completely false allegations about her.
Speaker 5: Her family now urging the public to let the investigation play out.
Speaker 9: Carly has given detectives her statement so that they can continue to pursue her aductor.
Speaker 5: Can you believe that there was an abductor still out there?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Do you believe she was fighting for her life?
Speaker 9: She definitely fil for There were moments when she physically had to fight for her life, and there were moments when she had to mentally fight for her life.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you definitely have to let the investigation play out, like we don't know what happened, but something for sure happened, right, And I'm not mad at than anyone who's skeptical, But I don't see the need to try to prove this young lady wrong. Like whatever the real story is will come out. Like I don't know why people are jumping out of the window. They try to just say this young lady's line.
Speaker 4: And investigations take time, like that's just the thing it does.
Speaker 3: Investigations do day time, and police have to do their work. But you gotta take a lot of people, you know, dedicated the last four days of whether searching trying to find it, and they just want to know what happened, you know. I mean it's not like there's a real statement that said, oh she was or this is the situation.
Speaker 1: So people want to know. They're curious.
Speaker 8: But like you said, an investigation does take time.
Speaker 1: But who are these people that dedicated time searching for her other than the police.
Speaker 3: Well, people have been tied into this, but it wasn't just the police. People have been searching, they've been looking they've been doing all types of things where she's from.
Speaker 1: Like those individuals I'm talking about these idiots digital d heads on social media. I mean you can't talk to them exactly. What did you call them? Digital dass? They all did? They think they digital DA's too, but digital d heads? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, all right, Well that is front page news test. We'll see in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 8: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's a day.
Speaker 2: Is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: Way up, whether you're mad or blass, time to get up and get something call up now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hey, get it off your chest? What's your name?
Speaker 11: My name's I'm calling from Connecticut.
Speaker 6: Hey, Olivia, talk to.
Speaker 1: Us this morning.
Speaker 11: I just graduated from the school.
Speaker 9: Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 11: And then I also want to.
Speaker 1: Kelly up there Bridge. Kelly Bridge ain't been up here in a long time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I think she would be great.
Speaker 1: Do you listen to Bridges podcast? What Mandy see? The thing is I do?
Speaker 11: And she talks very well and she has a musical background.
Speaker 12: I think you're great up there.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well, thank you Mama, Bridgie Kelly.
Speaker 1: They can hang up on America's Next Top Nurse. You might need her one day.
Speaker 3: You are you are something else when you know, because there's a lot of people on the line, and I try to get to a lot of them. Hello, hey guys, it's learning the Chuck Driver.
Speaker 13: How is everyone that morning?
Speaker 3: Morning?
Speaker 1: Get you off your chest?
Speaker 13: So I want to complain about these trolls on the internet. It's unfortunate that this situation with this woman being kidnapped is being considered.
Speaker 14: As a joke.
Speaker 13: And nobody even know if she was really tortured, molested, rape like trying to transfer first sexual prostitute. Nobody knows what's going on, but people on the internet harassing the family saying she's lying.
Speaker 15: I just think that's not cool because we don't know no information.
Speaker 13: Now she really was heard or injured.
Speaker 1: Or what y'all want to do then and ask you a question. I agree with everything you're saying, but why are we all in verbally abusive relationships with our smartphones? You know, you could just log out now. You don't have to talk to none of them digital d heads if you don't want to, that's true. Let them talk amongst them and blab.
Speaker 13: It's unfortunate because we sold programmed and used to be in our phone so much that we just don't know how to put it down. It's like an addiction, like any other addiction.
Speaker 15: I'm just so used to doing it. How are we going to fight?
Speaker 1: We're hard to stout and I've learned to put my phone down.
Speaker 3: But the problem is not even you know yourself, Lauren is just imagine the family. Imagine the family through and everything that's been happening, and they've been hearing these lies and they're just.
Speaker 2: Trying to deal with it.
Speaker 1: They're trying to heal and.
Speaker 3: Every time they turn on the news, or every time they turn on you know, put their phone on.
Speaker 1: On, this is what they see. So it got to be difficult for them. The family don't even know yet, family don't.
Speaker 16: Exactly the family trying to know something, but they can't say nothing because ongoing investigation and everybody too like invested in it that.
Speaker 13: They're like, well, we want to know what's going on.
Speaker 15: We want to but if they.
Speaker 11: Say they can't say nothing, we can't force on the Saturday.
Speaker 1: The reality is nobody cares about the truth if the lie is more entertaining people, exactly, you just want to be entertained content for people, right, they don't really care.
Speaker 3: Right, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 17: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Chris?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 2: What I getting off your chest?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 15: Many? I just wanted to uh relay a message over to the wild Out crew because they were on there last week.
Speaker 1: Which one that's a broad all of them actually all of them actually, yeah, call it especially Chico, especially Chico and DC.
Speaker 15: You know they need that eighty five South.
Speaker 1: That's right, call those milt.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, yes, sir. I was thinking, like, yo, what if you put like the old school with the news school them them get together with the Kings of comedy and do a special.
Speaker 1: That would be dope. I mean, I mean, Bernie Mack is no longer here, God bless the Dad, but you still got d L. Cedric, Steve Harvey. That'd be dope. I just don't know what's been a cost.
Speaker 15: That's sure. I think that I think that would be a show. I think a lot of people see that, they go on to whatever, you know, even come out with a Netflix you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something that that'd be a big bag. Yeah. I don't know what that a cost. But you never know that with this writer's strike and his actors cranked, they're gonna need some of that unscripted content. That's not a bad idea comedy is coming back right hard, bringing comedy back yet. Hello, who's this? You know?
Speaker 12: Man from Jerseys?
Speaker 1: A from Jersey. But I get it off your chest, man.
Speaker 17: I just want to give you guys props about the well really testing about that politician that was up there like a week and a half ago. Yep, man, she she really told him what it was, man, because I think a lot of you were told a bs that he was trying to like, you know, sprew through the radio waves.
Speaker 14: And envy you you literally you literally cut him off when well you really literally stopped him and told him like, yo, you're not letting her speak. She's trying to tell you something, and you're cutting her off. I think at that point he realized that, like his nonsense was just not going to happen, you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: People look at it different ways.
Speaker 3: But you know, tays was trying to ask a question after he spoke for a while, and then when she was trying to ask a question, he cut her off, and I was like, just let her, just let her ask the question, you know.
Speaker 14: But it's exactly and I just want to say this one more thing at the end of the day. In my opinion, I think she the god said this one time, but like, in order to be president, you should have some type of political background. And I think what Trump did he opened up a pipeline for people who don't have political backg feel like they could get screwed and nonsense like this is just gonna keep happening.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not even just a political background. You don't have to have any qualifications to be president period. Well, yeah, the point of entry is very The ball of entry is very low.
Speaker 12: Hello, who's this chuck from Tampa?
Speaker 1: Chuck from Tampa whatever? Get it off your chest? Brother? Yea.
Speaker 12: He telling me the world telling this girl that she lying. And I've been following it on social media myself, and that's just wrong. I don't think that's right for them to do that. I believe she was abducted and she fought for her life to get back. Had been a white girl out there, they will to see she was lying.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we definitely would have said the white girl was lying. We just said definitely, I promise you. If a white girl and told me she saw a toddler walking down the street, I've been like, she lying, the ain't I don't believe none of that. Hit it off. I'm telling you that right now eight.
Speaker 3: Hundred and five ain't five one oh five to one. If you need to vent hit this up. When we come back, we gotta talk o, Supac. Now he passed away what over twenty five years ago, and there's some updates in the case. There was a search warrant served yesterday. We'll give you the updates. Don't move.
Speaker 8: It's the Breakfast Club on BT. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Bring.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlamagne de goud. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Chris Kayln.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Now for the people that don't know who you are, just break down who you are, where you're from with market all that good.
Speaker 1: Still Chris, absolutely great.
Speaker 5: So my name is Chris Klin. I am from Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: A four to three Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 5: Geechee City on air personality this July mix It five years So media podcasting, I have my own. My podcast is called the What What Said? Podcast? Shout out to Clay. That's why I do it with I have my talk show, Diva Talk and just you know, the Charleston Princess doing a little bit of everything, so I curate playlists and everything.
Speaker 1: That's why I love Chris because I was literally in Charleston a few years ago and I just heard her on the air and I was like, oh, you know, she sounds very dope and think that you know, we haven't done a good generation, a good job of grooming the next generation of talent and radio specifically correct No, not talking about podcast and you know, the YouTubers and stuff like that, but just people who actually come from radio, even though Chris does multimedia, but she's a radio personality.
Speaker 5: Got a degree from South Carolina State and podcast communications.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. I got a degree from South Carolina State. A doctor. Shut up, I'm a doctor. You paying money for that? Alright, it's not stop saying that. I'm not having endowment fun at South Carolina State. In my grandmother's name for my mom, my mom was South Carolina State. Went to South Carolina State.
Speaker 8: Okay, doctor Leonard, that's right, doctor doctor Leonard.
Speaker 1: Movie.
Speaker 3: All right, right, let's get to the room is let's talk Tupac? Who names or you've gossip been when you chatting?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: This is the Ruber Report.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells, right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Now, Las Vegas Police serve a search warrant in connection with Tupac. Sha was murder investigation. Now he passed away in nineteen ninety six, September thirteenth, So this is damn near thirty years and is a news report.
Speaker 10: Las Vegas Metro Police confirming today they served a search for Monday at home and nearby Henderson Nevada. That's just about twenty miles outside of Las Vegas. It's unclear what they were looking for though, or what they got. A police department spokesperson said little information could be released because this is an open investigation. Now, to take you back, it was September seventh, nineteen ninety six, when Shaquir was gunned down while sitting inside this black car with Maryon Shug Knight, the head of death Row Records, who is now, by the way, serving an almost thirty year prison sentence.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 10: Police have said the two were stopped at a red light when a white Cadillac pulled out next to Shakua A. Knight and opened fire tubaca shop multiple times. He was rushed to a hospital where he died September thirteenth.
Speaker 1: What are they hoping to find thirty years later? They think somebody just sitting around old rusty ass gun in the house.
Speaker 4: Nothing is there no evidence?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you would be a fool to keep that gun, like if like, there should be no evidence in that house. I don't know what they think they found or what, but we'll definitely say it's an investigation.
Speaker 5: So did someone call in saying they had like I just want to know what triggered them to you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've seen the gun that killed Tupac in this house. I have no idea. I thought they already knew who found out who killed Tupac. I thought it was known.
Speaker 6: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Say if they clearly don't. People know, but know you said YouTube videos you've don't seen, and documentaries and glasses. Maloone did a whole glass. Malone did a whole record from the perspective of shoot, a whole video record and video like what do we slewed? The glasses alone? But I thought everybody, I thought it was people knew.
Speaker 8: And that individual said shoot is allegedly dead.
Speaker 1: Right, he's dead, right, Yes, yes he is. Yep. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know either. I just know that the alleged killer is named after a city in Florida. Allegedly.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought, That's what I always thought. Now we got to talk Little Dirk. Little Dirt cancels his tour dates and rolling loud as. They're saying his health issue continue to bother him now. They said Little Dirk was in the hospital for a week for severe dehydration and exhaustion. So I don't know what's going on, but he seems like he's in bad shape and he just might need to recharge.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we all need to.
Speaker 8: Recharge, he says absolutely. He posted yesterday.
Speaker 3: Since I'm still waiting to get full clearance from my doctors to travel and perform again, I have no other choice but to cancel my headlining Rolling Loud performance while I'm home resting. I'm looking forward to my two homecoming shows on the eleventh and twelfth in Chicago. For the rest of the country, I'll be announcing new dates soon hashtags still healing, Little Dirt Remember.
Speaker 1: When that happened to me, and y'all bastards laughed. You remember that, rememberhen I passed out in this studio. You passed out and I had to be rushed at the hospital for dehydration, and you and Angelie just laughed, y'all glasses off. Y'all thought it was so funny. That's when we was out of our minds though. That's when we was out all night. He was in the club all night, would come to the station.
Speaker 4: Straight from the class.
Speaker 5: No way, He's like doing what he needs to do, drinking a lot, probably smoking and just trying to go on stage.
Speaker 4: You gotta hear your body.
Speaker 6: That was all.
Speaker 1: That was what we were doing. We were drinking like rock stars, Oh my god, drinking every night, drugs coming in, not getting no rest coming. Don't say drugs like that. Say drugs like that.
Speaker 2: That sounds that's not like he was doing heroine.
Speaker 1: Were shooting up.
Speaker 2: We wasn't doing drugs. We were smoking. That was it.
Speaker 1: We wasn't doing Molly's like drugs.
Speaker 2: Just sounds so crazy, little a little like.
Speaker 1: Doing drugs. And that was it. And a lot of alcohol and no rest whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Jesus, that is a terrible combination.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I was laid out on the floor the studio. He was laying it like a little girl, and he was in the sucking stuff on it. He had his backpack home. He was laughing at him, laughing my him in the high and I gotta go to the hospital dehydrated.
Speaker 3: Then hedn't come back the next day. He was like, oh, maybe maybe we should have laughed. Maybe maybe we shouldn't have laughed, Maybe we should.
Speaker 1: Have pollis y'all laughed again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the hell.
Speaker 3: We have evolved. Really, we've evolved. We changed, Yes, absolutely, twelve years ago. I don't even think I checked on him. I just laughed at him already. It was just it was it was funny, like it was. It wasn't nice.
Speaker 5: I've been around someone who passed out and I was scared. Really yes, a friend of mine, she passed out of my house and.
Speaker 4: I was like, what the heck? She just dropped. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Oh that's different. He didn't just drop. He we knew what it was.
Speaker 1: He like he slowly laid down.
Speaker 5: It was like she was overheated. It was like slowly laid.
Speaker 1: Down, you know the way. I was like, Oh my god, I think something wrong. Y'all wrong? Yeah, I'm wrong. Get me back tomorrow, all right, you need me. I don't miss those days at all, neither Jesus Christ. All right.
Speaker 3: And when we come back and got front page June Sessling Figure, Oh man, I.
Speaker 1: Be thinking about how we used to live. Thank you God, Thank you so much for your grace and your mercery. Lord have mercy. All praise to do to God growth, Oh Lord, have mercy. I'm just thinking about it. Well, I don't miss it, all right.
Speaker 3: When we come back, Tessling Figure will be joining us and also next Hour Emery Jones, Don't Move, It's to Breakfast Logan Morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Your mornings will never be the same. Our Audible pick of the day is Breakthrough, the first ever audio only singing competition featuring celebrity judges Kelly Rowland and Sarah Morellus would host V Diggs. Listen on audible dot com slash Breakthrough Mourning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is d J n V, Charlamage the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Chris Caitlin joining us.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, and let's.
Speaker 1: Get in some front page news. Welcome back to figure out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's glad to be here.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Chris, Good morning, JMV and Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am, good morning.
Speaker 3: Well let's start off with this Texas heat wave. How's it been affecting people?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, we talked a lot about the heat wave.
Speaker 7: You gave us some stats earlier this week, Envy, and just wanted to give a quick story on what's going on in Texas and the Texas Prisons. A heat wave that has consistently pushed temperatures well above one hundred degrees across much of Texas this summer has family members of inmates calling for lawmakers to ensure that all of the state prisons are fully air conditioned. Tony Southers believed that the death of her son last month, John Southers, was caused by excessive heat in the prison, and he was in a Hunterville prison in Texas, and she says that she believes that it was due to the lack of medical care. They did have a rally outside of the Texas capital, about sixty people at time tended that and advocates are saying that they're highly critical of the lack of air conditioning in the Texas prisons, alleging that temperatures go past one hundred and twenty degrees and they have no air conditioning in many of these prisons, So a big issue. I know a lot of folks say, hey're in prison, it shouldn't be, you know, a vacation. But again they want to make sure that they get, you know, adequate air conditioning, and especially with this type of heat.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it is very inhuman if to everybody else that's on the outside, Man, you got to be very careful in this heat because dehydration, exhaustion, and being musty is ripped. Okay, all three, yes, all three can hit you very quick. You gotta stay hydrated, I'm you gotta stay hydrated and stay deodorized.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I respect all of y'all who choose to use rock crystal deodorant. Make sure those crystals are charged to the full with the full moon to the max.
Speaker 4: Give me some dun.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I don't have time.
Speaker 7: With just a quick stat on that, so that you guys know, only thirty percent of Texas prisons one hundred prison units are fully air conditioned, with the having partial Yeah, with the rest having partial no air condition and Texas currently has over one hundred and twenty eight thousand inmates.
Speaker 3: How can I did the humidity in Texas and the temperature has been over one hundred degrees?
Speaker 1: That is wow. They're trying to kill people to that point, Chris, If somebody dies because of the heat in a prison, can the family suit I'm.
Speaker 7: Sure, absolutely absolutely, And that's what they're trying to say that people are not. Of course, they respond to saying, oh, it wasn't because of heat, it was because of something else. And so this particular family and a few others they are reporting that there hasn't be any heat related deaths, but the families disagree, you know so because it can cause heart failure and you know, many other things through heat. So we'll see, you know what that looks like, because I'm sure there'll be a lawsuit coming.
Speaker 3: Now, let's talk about these cannabis related emergency room visits.
Speaker 7: Now, the Center for Disease Control issued a report that analyzed nearly five hundred and forty thousand cases nationwide where people under twenty five ended up in the hospital due to complications from cannabis use. Now, we know nearly one in five Americans over twelve have used cannabis in twenty twenty one, and they're showing that that marijuana use across the board has caused visits to the emergency room. Now, for teens and young adults with mood disorder, marijuana puts them at an increased risk of self harm, suicide attempts, and death. Now, this study showed an uptick and those who eat edible marijuana consumption. They said that it is being marketed to children as popular food brands such as Cocoa, Pebbles, Skittles, and Starbursts, and it led to children mistaking it as candy, and so basically they've been over consuming. So I'll let you guys take it from here. Our resident edible correspondence Charlemagne to God.
Speaker 3: What is your thought?
Speaker 1: I know we all have our edibles, do we have to admit a lot of it is probably a lot.
Speaker 2: Of GM now.
Speaker 5: But if kids aren't getting it, how are they getting you just can't a twelve years just can't walk in and buy edibles.
Speaker 4: Are their parents?
Speaker 8: Well, they probably And a lot of people are making it at home. That's the main problem.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are making edibles at their house, and when they make it at their house, they don't know the correct dosage.
Speaker 8: They don't know how much is actually in it. It could be a little too much, it could be a little less.
Speaker 3: If you've taken an edible out there before, I'm sure you're taking a strong edible, something that somebody gave you that didn't come up a dispensary. That's why if you go to a dispensary, a lot of times there's a calculation tells you how much this is in it, how much that's in it, and they tell you the microdose microdose, meaning you take a little bit to see how it feels, then you take a little bit more, and that way you can see how that actual edible affects your body.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't do that. They just take their homeboys edible.
Speaker 3: That's a brownie that their grandmam made in the basement or some you know, some candy that they made in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but I think even the stuff you buy from the dispensary, like it's just a lot of genetically modified edibles. It's the process. It's like processed food. It's a lot of processed edibles as well, you know what I mean. So yeah, if you take too much of that, you probably will get sick because it's not natural. Wasn't ask on Reggie a couple of weeks ago, just some nice home grown weed. I'm talking about the weeds you had to like break up full of you to get full stick out in the seas And it was so cool. It was such a good high. You could just taste it and tell it was natural. And I was like, man, I might go back to smoking, just plain old Reggie. I don't need the green cracking, the blue dream and the apple fritters and all of that stuff. I don't need all of that, you know what I mean. What you say, you prefer edibles, though I do. I do prefer edibles, you know what I mean. But I mean I don't know how to make edible.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: The problem is people chase a high, you know what I mean. So they try to get higher than they were before. They try to make it last a little longer. And that's a lot of the stuff that that that you've been naming. But you know, hopefully people don't have to, you know, they solve their problems and don't have to chase that high to get away from whatever they're trying to get away from it.
Speaker 1: In some instances, I tell you kids out there, just anybody everything, your moderation. It's really just that simple. I don't do edibles every day. I don't even do edibles every week, you know.
Speaker 18: What I mean.
Speaker 1: But when I feel like I want to do it, I do my ten mgs drinking glass of wine and I'm good.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 7: As a side note, of the FDA is working to eliminate that packaging that mimics, the mimics the candies and the snack.
Speaker 2: So oh, that's the whole trash.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I didn't have it all the fruit loofs, the rice crispies, the cinnamon toast cush that stuff don't even get you. It don't even get you high. I just gotage.
Speaker 3: It's just the look, all right. Well that is your front page news. And I just want to encourage people. You know, I know in a lot of places, gas stations sell you know, smoke and cannabis. Now it's illegally so many places. If you can go to dispensary and ask the best thing about the dispensaries that you can ask people what will work for you, whether it's indica, whether it's a tiva, whether it's a hybrid, whether you want it for anxiety, whether you want it for sleeping, whether you have pain. They can guide you, hopefully to where you need to be. And when you get stuff from the gas station, sometimes you just don't know.
Speaker 1: What you're getting. Y'all should have learned about buying stuff from the gas station. When y'all buying the peanuts fills.
Speaker 5: All those yeah, those honey packs or whatever it's try they say it works.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a lot of young and bind them. I don't understand that, but that's not here.
Speaker 7: I understand it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell y'all something that honey pack might be. You stop, you can't talk about what I wanta tell y'all something I ain't no about. No honey pack from the gastion, but that honey the young guys needed it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's different.
Speaker 1: Listens up your heart rate.
Speaker 3: You don't know what you're taking. It gives people headaches for days at a time. Don't listen to Charlamae.
Speaker 4: About the drink a lot of water with those things.
Speaker 1: That honey pack might be.
Speaker 2: All right, that's what I'm saying. I'm with Charlemagne on this to take a vote.
Speaker 1: Who's about the honey pack?
Speaker 2: All right, Testling, we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: To make sure you subscribe to Testling. Figure out podcasts. Just screat shot no chasing podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeart Radio podcast network, and follow test on all social media platforms. All right, when we come back.
Speaker 3: Emery Jones from Rock Nation, one of Hole's closest friends. We kick with him when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Club, wanting everybody's dj n V. Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guest in.
Speaker 2: The building, Emery Jones, Emery, Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Get Up Death. I asked you the other night, man, because you know you here celebrating the fifty years of hip hops. It's a lot going on. You got the Humble Souls mixtape, you know, the booker Hole that they got at the Brooklyn Public Library. And I asked you the other night when I saw you after that premiere, did you see all of this for you and your team?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not. I mean you see winning, of course, you you know, you get into it and you wake up every day like I'm gonna win, you know what I mean, that's the mentality like win. But there's no way in the world you've seen this.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask when did you get to a place in your life where you could let your guard down?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Because through the whole time in the streets, your guard was up. When you was locked up, guards was up. I'm sure when you came home at first, guards was up. But when did you finally get to a place where you could put your guards down?
Speaker 6: Honestly, for me to be to this point, your guards up. But you got you know, you jabbing, so when you're jabbing, you got one guard up and you jabbing. That's the only way to survive, right. You gotta deal with people and be in places that you know you ain't gotta be in, but you gotta deal with it. So to put yourself in these situations, you gotta put your guard down something like just to walk into that situation. So I've always done that to get to this point, but I think in the last couple of years it's been that time where as though you let it all go, you let it all go and be like, you know what I ain't You know, I can let go of all that, you know what I mean, y'all. It's no, I don't even like talking about the old war story past, you know what I mean, Because it's like one of my friends hit me one day and was like, yo, you know it's the such and such year anniversary. You came home and I was like, yo, I forgot that date a long time ago, like forgot that data because I don't want that to be such a significant part of history, you know what I'm saying. Like, don't get me wrong, it's a part of it, and I'm you know, I embrace it. I'm not you know, I don't turn from it, but it's like I'm gonna I'm not gonna let that be something I'm gonna celebrate for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Like when I came home, it's not too many people who can come home and make the transition that you did, though, Like I almost feel like it should be like a case study on how to do your bid come home and then like you know, really acclimate yourself to society.
Speaker 6: It's a difficult situation, man, It's it's not simple, right, And don't get me wrong, I got a support system, but some other people have support systems too, and it's just not as simple as people think, just to just right or just to you know, you know, walk through and find that next thing right because when you're in, you're so in the streets that you don't even give yourself a chance to separate. Because when you're beinging, you still got to be in tune with the world, and most people want to be too in tune. It's like being in the system. We can wake up and know what happened in the hood before people in the hood though. That's how people are tuned, that's how you you know, you function it because at the end of the day, the system. You know, if you're in the real world, the system is a part of the real world, especially when you're doing dirt.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you if social media was around back in the day when you guys first started out, do you think that you could be where you're at now or do you think social media would have tarnished that a little bit.
Speaker 6: I tell people all the time. It's like, especially you know, when you get people and they take a picture, right, and the first thing they want to do is go throw the picture up because you want to be in real time. And it's like if the picture means something, it means something today, next year or.
Speaker 1: The year after.
Speaker 6: It's how you use the picture, right. It don't have to be in real time. I think even in time when social media start, it still takes you. Social media have been around how long twenty plus years and Jay have made it his business. It's like, I'm not messing with that. It's his choice, right. So even at that moment, it's here, and it's here and it's big, and it's like you say, you can amplify whatever you're doing with it if you use it correctly. It's just still having that moment of saying you know I'm doing it and not doing it like for me. You know, I love I love the fact that, you know, social media give people a chance to just you know, be whatever they choose to be at that moment is up to you. If you want to take it in and believe it, don't believe it. How serious you want to do it. You know, it's life, you know what I mean. It's really what we see every day. So we can't blame it on social media. You go back to the neighborhood. It's the same energy and the same different things happening all day long.
Speaker 1: Well, you've been getting fresh for a long time, so it makes sense that you to head a lifestyle of rock Nation and the co found that pay flames. But how did you show off the fits back in the day with no social media?
Speaker 6: I mean it's like I just think, you know, expression of fashion is just think about It's not the clothes. You still gotta get at them, right, So it's like the human the human you still we buy the same clothes. It's just the human side that really expresses you in different ways. And it's always been me because being a so called to my brothers, a country boy, I got to strike against me already, and they like, you know, we don't have the the top stores in the Boom, so you're not expecting you to be it's fresh. So now when I come in and use that as my muse, I'm fresh. So it's like, oh okay, you know. So it's it's just one of them things.
Speaker 1: If people act like they're not as country as us down south, they match everything, they do the same thing. Colors I don't I don't know. We do a pair of air Force ones. That's why.
Speaker 3: As long as we match it with a pair of air Force ones and tens, that's the balance. That's a balance, that's that's.
Speaker 6: The balance us. You know, somewhere else they gonna make sure you know the night he got the foulk colors in it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The joy that I was gonna ask, you know, how difficult was it to turn Puma into a company that the culture really loved.
Speaker 6: I think that was the part for me, was having a real conversation about Puma for us, even though it's a German company. For us, the reason why we know Puma is because of a black man, Clyde Fraser. Clyde like there's so many iconic moments that it was like, let me go tap back into that and walk that process down, right, because if you wake up, I remember got my first preser of suade Pumas, right, I remember that because it was like regardless that it wasn't as high as a prayer Jordan's or whatever the case may be, it was the luxury of swaye, like to put on a Swaye. Sure that, but like where we're from, you just don't wake up and know it's swaden.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it was like having that moment with an iconic brand. I know what to talk. I know with that because that's why I could walk in the room and say what was your first pred Pumas and everybody be like, yo, I had a press waise. They gonna tell you when they got him, where they got him from, what was going on? So I just used that thinking to walk it down. The thought was for a company like Poom and they think if we make product for the new generation, that that's the thing, and it's like, nah, they got too much. They got too much mental. They mental was already tooking up Nike and Jordan them got that already. You can't win that mental space, right, So I got to dig in and go back to history and heritage and let product design catch up later. And it was a process. You gotta figure this twelve years.
Speaker 1: For me was the most difficult part of it.
Speaker 6: I think when you look at it, I don't expect them to wear poom every day, right. Think about that time when Jay had stot Carter the sneaker was booming, right, and it was a moment whereas though he was setting courtside or somewhere and he's with phild Knight, but then he's running datas at that moment, because that's what we are as culture, right. You can't put somebody in a box and say you know this. If you do that, then it's not real. It's not real. Like you need somebody express themselves. It's like today, I feel like this. So this is the reason why I'm throwing on my nikes today, or this is the reason why I'm throwing on my didas to day. The Dada's gonna take you back to the run DMC days or the such and such days as a moment. So for me, I don't like for somebody say they have to be that regardless what. Don't get me wrong, I wish you would work more, you know what I mean when you when you when you can find yourself in it. But I don't. I don't expect them to be that because I feel like, now it's not gonna feel real, it's not gonna come off right.
Speaker 1: We got more with Emery Jones when we come back, don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning j MV.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne gud we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Emery Jones.
Speaker 1: When it comes to fashion, do you feel like hip hop is doing a good job of, you know, highlighting it during this fifty if you're a hip hop because I feel like it's been just about the music, but I feel like fashion is just as important.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think with the music, fashion is there, right. I think you know there be times where was though right now, you hear about the music because it started with the music, right, But I think you know you're gonna see moments was though. Fashion it's gonna play a part. You can't have the music without the fashion and the fashion without the music, right, So I think we just gotta, you know, let the time go because really what next month is when when it really hits in fifty. I think it's August, like August tenth eleven somewhere around there. It's really that date.
Speaker 1: We know this man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I think you know you're gonna see the moments and I think you don't have to force the moment of fashion and music. I think it all lives together. And I think you know us paying homage is just fifty is is there? It's like we all we all hear you see you know what I mean, It's all there.
Speaker 3: One thing I would say that that that I thought that you did that was very smart, was like you said, it's all about how we dress.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 3: So peopeople were more connected tonight or more connected to Adidas because it was a tracksuit r we could wear everything, had to toe all the way down and it matched Pooman didn't have that at first that I seen, or the stores weren't selling it until you started making those tracksuits. Now when I wear if I want to wear pumas, I could wear a whole set because I don't want to be the dude that wears the DTA tracksuit and have some pumas on. It just didn't feel right.
Speaker 6: But that's you know, I'm gonna be political correct right now. When you look at a Puma T seven track suit that's like from sixty nine, but we couldn't find it. And that's the thing. So at a moment as a brand, you know, we're trying to get in the mix of get back into the you know, the realm of culture conversation, but we don't have the product in place to do that at that moment, right And I was having this conversation in Germany one time, and I'm setting there telling the CEO like, yo, we hot right now, but you can't go to the store and get a Puma track suit. And then there's somebody else in the room, who's another big shot in the room, like yes you can, and I'm like, you can't, you know what i mean, just just understanding that we're bringing all this heat and getting back traction, but you ain't got nothing for the guy for what they want because guess what, you're so busy trying to chase that next thing. And I'm like, nah, man, like you're dealing with kids. You see the kids Now they're gonna put on a Puma track shuit, but still put their Air Force ones on, right, you got to understand that, you know.
Speaker 1: First thing, last, my god, no, i'man be arrested for that now.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know some of the most fashionable guys love the cross brands. That's just what they do. Like for me, it's not for me, but I know a lot of people that do that. So it's I think when you look at it, that T seven tracksuit was the fit. It was just the fit of it what made the kid like, oh, I like this fit and I love the thing. And you know, I ain't getting await for my Air Force one. I'm okay with that. Now.
Speaker 1: Everybody looks at uh, good brother Nipsey. You look at him as the icon he is right now, but you did it to deal with him a few years ago, like four or five years ago.
Speaker 6: It was it was, it was, it was a while, and I was like, man, I don't care what they think. You're an icon at that moment. Like I'm like you back then when you were in front of a special human, you know the feeling of that. You know, people that you really call close friends or people that not even goes friends, but when you do get to see him and they special humans and you know that that time when you get to see him, he just was just a special Yeah, he was just a special, special human being, and and and and when you've seen that to deal with and be involved in all that and grow up in that. But then when you get to meet him in the spirit, in his tone and his geniusness, it's like then I was like, oh, it's like it goes back to yeah, you're from La, but we no difference. It's like use a use an icon at that moment. And from there it was like I visioned him in a T seven tracksuit in that moment, and from the time he wore that Tea seven, I've never seen nobody walk, never seen nobody rock. It was like it was like meant for him.
Speaker 3: What made y'all go to Puma or Pumer come to yall? What made that partnership happen? What was it about Puma that said this cold work?
Speaker 6: I think at that moment, for me, I took on the challenge because it was at a time where the artist wanted to be in the sneaker, you know, wanted to tap in that space. So at that moment meet was you know, really one of the first ones Boomer and for me it was like our artist wanted to be in that world, so I gotta go over here. But for me, I looked at it through that lens of I'm watching. At that time, my son was young, and kids thinking that the only way they was gonna be cool was wearing Jordan Nikes, and it was alienating everyday kids. And I'm like, you can't do that, you know what I'm saying. You can't alienate the everyday kid thinking, you know, putting them in that if you're not a cool kid. You can't do that, you know, especially right now when you now when we realize about mental health and everything else, Like that's not helping the process there, right And I intentionally did not wear Nikes or Jordan for a while. I was like, I'm gonna weare every other brand, just to show him and his friends that you don't need that. So it was just a mental thing to show, you know. And then I like to walk into the fence we was having it, and we say with sneaker heads, you just can't come in with a Jordan Nike or some yeezy and say you're sneaker here. You gotta go and dig up Patrick, yo, go dig up some things because it's like, remember sneakers was the thing was though the culture turned them into icons, not taking nothing away from the Jordans of the world and all that. You gotta figure, you gotta figure. When Jordan one first came out, you know, no one you could barely you know, give.
Speaker 1: Them away body rock with Jordan Wance Wow for a while.
Speaker 6: So then when the culture embraced it. You know what I'm saying, that's the beauty of who we are. It's the beauty while y'all got these beautiful chairs.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about this this mixtape. Now, hold on real quick. I want to stay the fastest for one second. I want to pivot still in fashion, but just the paper planes. Yes, how did you come up with the idea of paper planes? Remember it was twelve thirteen years ago. It was Rockaware still I think, well, you know what it was. It was just going through that phase of Rockaware. When I came home, Rockaway was still around, and you know, Jay, it was like, you know what you want to do in this fashion my thing? So it was like I took on the challenge to say, let me go and show the building that Rockaware is not dead. It's this fact, it's just brand fatigue. Everybody moved on it, and he's not the brands. You know how we are with brands.
Speaker 7: We move on.
Speaker 6: Ain't got nothing to do with the designs. It's just we move on the brands. We do that quick, right, that's just the world. So I took that challenge on just to show that part because at that moment, it was still like a men's side. It was still like a fifty million dollar brand, even at the point when everybody was like I'm not messing with that and this then, but it came a time it's like what was next?
Speaker 3: But you mentioned brand fatigue, right, why don't we see brand fatigue and lot of these white brands.
Speaker 6: You see brand fati.
Speaker 3: I mean, think about the still but there's still successful people wearing I feel like with our coach a lot of time it's like I feel like it's just like people not only slow down wearing it, it's almost like they on it.
Speaker 6: That's that's what we do. I don't think it's because it's fast. I just think that's who we are. We wake up, we deal with a thing. Was that we wake up every day looking for what's next. That's what we done created with this new It's like you wake up every single day what's next? Because think about it, we just we always that way. And I think when you look at brands like Gucci and all them before we came in the fold to say, you know, we messing with them brands, look what they had been through to solidify themselves to be in a position for us to say, okay, let's go do that. Right, there's a lot of history. There's a lot of history, you know what I mean. It's like a lot of history that I think with us. You see it in the hood, right, you see it where we're from. We quit the you know, it's a restaurant right on the corner. This's black ome.
Speaker 1: But guess what che But.
Speaker 6: You know it's just you know, I think how.
Speaker 1: We wired, but I think think white ice is colder sometimes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think you see it now, where as though you have to say that, you see the world we embracing us more and more absolutely, and you and and you can respect that because you see it and it's a great thing, you know what I mean, it's a great thing to see. We can talk about what happened before it is what it is, but I think it that helped us get to a point where was though. People are waking up right now and like I'm embracing us our brands, what we're doing. I'm talking about really supporting it and really going for it. And that's a beautiful thing. It's like a growth thing, right, It's a growth thing.
Speaker 1: We got more with Emery Jones. When we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. It's DJ MV Charlamagne the god we are. The Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Emery Jones.
Speaker 1: Where did the name Humble Souls come from? When I hear the name, of course I can see how it's spelled his shoes. But that's what I think of when I think of Emery Jones, a humble soul.
Speaker 6: And I think when I when I the artist's at part of this, you know, when they brought him into the office, I think Sherry and omartin Rock Nation, they did a great job of just who they tapping into far as talent. You know what I'm saying. It's like, you gotta find what makes sense for you, right, and I think they tapping into not just some talent individuals, they good kids. They're good humans, right, and I think when you brought it, when they brought them into me before any of this, and I'm like, yo, what you ain't got a record, you ain't got nothing, but you're good, so you know me shalling me, I'm like, whatever i can do, I'm men, absolutely, I'm men. I'm not gonna wait for you to get a hit and then it's like show up and be like I'm in right. So over the years, when when you when you build these relationships and bonds and I had a chance to do this, I was like, you know what, this is the perfect time to do this because I feel like in the world at this moment was so much going on right humbly, like you need some of that to get through. Like, don't get me wrong, I stand up every day and I'm proud of everything I do. And you know, I'm a you know, put that foot forward it and salute myself and loved it. I get saluted, But I think the humbleness of me. You felt the humbleness in it as you see what I was doing, but you know the humble side of it. So when these guys, I felt like they that's what they was and I just flipped the souls because we're doing sneakers and it's all just you know that's hip hop, right, Double one tandras Right?
Speaker 1: What made you reach out to Clue and get him back in his mixtape?
Speaker 6: Bag man? Listen when we did it, think about it. We brought all these artists together four days to LA. They have never been in the studio together four days, four days, never been in the studio together, never hung out, most of them meeting each other at that moment in real time. And we got eighty percent of this project done in four y eights. So it was just the energy, the synergy, right. So when we was done, it was raw. The team was set back, like, yo, if we're gonna do a mixtape, we got to reach back and figure out who's gonna host this, and we got this. We got this poster in the well in the office in my office about We did a board and everybody rolled in there. We put it to survey the best mixtapes ever. And out of all the you know that new generation stuff, it was two names on the board. It was from before DJ Clue and then they had Flex on that right, and my team, shy in I gotta give her a credit. She kept saying clue. Her thing was clue, like she was animate clue. And I was like, you know, for me, clue family without even being family. I was gone doing all that. But when you you know, he's a part of the dynasty, the dynasty and part of you know what helped me be me right and helped me get through and mine. So I look at his family. I don't look at it no more or less right. We ain't never got hang. I look at his family. So we reached out and I had a conversation with him and I just broke it down to him what was really going on and why I was doing it and the reason why I was doing it. He was in He was so into that, like given the artist it's a platform again without being programmed and doing this and then taking a sneaker was though I didn't need a mixtape to sell a sneaker, but taking the platform of Puma and foot Locker and saying, Okay, I'm gonna do this mixtape and we merge them together, but let these artists have a runway from that and then they can drive off and drive their own car to wherever. We don't own the music. I don't get nothing off of this, you know what I'm saying, Like, yes, rop Nation is putting it together, but the artists own their own songs. So it's like you get to drive off and do what you want. He was like, I'm in right without even hearing the music, right, I was like, nah, let me. I got on the plane, came to New York and played it for him. I had to play it for him because I'm like, this is the time. I need you to wrap your arms around it, you know, mold it and make sure it's that and that's what Clue can do, right. And I was like here, so it ain't like I'm coming and this is this is our project. This is up. It's like, you know, like I tell the artist, this ain't my sneaker no more. It's our SNEAKERR. So he came in and wrapped his arm around and I got to go in the studio with him and Duro and I was like, come on, man, I'm like a kid. I'm like, I'm like a kid watching you know you got I got outside like mixing and and I'm like so it's I'm having a moment myself and it's like, oh, we get to add a page to this fifty year hip hop, not this year, but that whole book. We get the add a page into that book.
Speaker 1: And how can people get this mixtape?
Speaker 6: So right now the where you get it. We we dropped the single, got the single while we got some content out right now. It's only on the sneaker. What it's only one right now. So when you get the sneaker, we got a chip and a sneaker, So that means we can always change out content ad content. You go download the content and the music all this nigger so right now is just to keep that energy. We're going to all DSPs, but it's just right now. We're just having fun because like I said, I think for me, I didn't want to get into the program thing because once you start the program thing, we take away from why we did it. We take away the human side of the artists, like you got to fit into this box and what's going on. And I want people to see this process like we like we got all the contents of making this, like in the studio making it, you seeing it in real time and you're seeing this coarateerie come together of just young talent like in the world where they say we can't get along, come together from everywhere, from Chicago, Brooklyn, you know, New Orleans is comped in. It's like all this synergy going. So you know, from from now you get it.
Speaker 1: All that's dope off the phone, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Sneakers came out on the fourteen now fourteen Puma dot com or Footloger dot com. You know it's a footlock This style is a foot Locker exclusive. But I felt like, at this moment, that's a beautiful thing because we're gonna utilize that platform until I fifty year and all that and make it make sense.
Speaker 1: Do you believe it was divine order for you to get locked up? And the reason I say that because you know, I think Jay was in London right when you who got arrested, but it was always with you, So if he was here, he might have been with you during that thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, think about it. It was everything is ordained. That's just the way it is, you know what I mean, It's ordained at that moment. That was something that you know, a lot wanted me to go through, you know what I mean. That was something that I had to deal with right and and I look at it as you know, I wouldn't change it for nothing in the world, because you know, if I changed that, that means you changing some other things in life. It was it. I think it was just ordained. It was just ordained the way it was gonna be right. And I think for me, I went through that time. It's a lot of people went through worse situations during my period of time gone, and I did during the time.
Speaker 1: That's real, you know, I mean, I was.
Speaker 6: I was. I was thankful to not lose you know, apparent my mom or nothing during that period. You know what I'm saying. Like I don't get me wrong, I was missing, I'm hurting all that. But it's a lot of things that happened people every single day that was in the world. It changed their life forever. It ain't still, you know what I mean. So for me, I didn't, you know, I take it in that that that grainted it was ordained.
Speaker 1: My last question, what's your favorite Emery Jones whole reference in a rap record?
Speaker 6: Can I live without saying the name? You know what I mean? Either a Las Vegas me be at the crap Table, the one that starts a j up, you know, Frost Willie Gambling. They re up, that's a real's that's a real time before it was a Rockefeller Records. You know what I'm saying, Like that's a real moment. Like I acted like I owned in Vegas at that moment, and they gave me that name Vegas Jones from that from that record, like we was in Vegas, but I no deal running around doing Mike Tyson Fight. But we knew that the next chapter was that. So you know that to me is my old time favorite of all times.
Speaker 1: Y'all are y'all legends? Is it ain't even a strong enough word. Man, know what y'all y'all have brought to the culture. Man, believe you have it.
Speaker 3: Man, We appreciate you joining us. Make sure you picked up the pumas the mixtape. Absolutely enjoyed this conversation, Emery Jones. We thank you for joining us. Appreciate you and thank you.
Speaker 1: For the kicks too.
Speaker 6: Amazing, Absolutely my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Emery Jones.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning and two were both out of town dog.
Speaker 1: Emery Jones at the Vegas That was the part right there. You're supposed to play, Come on, turn out man.
Speaker 2: Sipping marga.
Speaker 1: Can I live man?
Speaker 4: Okay, that was the part.
Speaker 1: Take out slutor Emory Jones. Man, I love the Sneakers. To make sure you go support his new drop absolutely and man and get that Humble Souls mixtape. You can't get the Humble Souls mixtape without getting the Sneakers. That's what's right, that's right, all right, Well, let's get to the rooms. Let's talk Jamie Fox. Call name or you gossip beat God.
Speaker 2: This is the Ruber Report.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast clubs where the tea.
Speaker 3: Spells right on the breakfast club now, shout out to Jamie Fox. Jamie Fox held the party to celebrate his recovery as he continues with outpatient rehab.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 3: Got a source to say that he had a party at the Chicago Rehabilitation facility, uh that he is at and he said he's still doing outpatient rehab, but he is improving so much, so solute to Jamie Fox.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 4: And it was the real Jamie Fox, not the clone.
Speaker 6: Right, Yes, the.
Speaker 1: Real Jamie Fox. I'll tell you one thing. No God got a really ill sensed humor. Because they do have the movie coming out on Netflix that Jamie Fox is then called the clone tyrone YEA yeah, and now it's all of these clone rumors.
Speaker 3: Correct, yeah, because that was the stunt double that was out and about and the people were saying that it was him, but Jamie came out and said, no, that was the stunt double.
Speaker 1: The god got a god really be executive producing the hell out of his life. He really does well.
Speaker 3: Sukiana, you know who Sukiana is, right, Suki with the good Yes. Well, she touched down in London and boy did she make white people feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Here's the video.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to get out fresh.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get my fresh and he asked, as in London.
Speaker 1: Curious, I'm fresh, Suiana, you gotta be careful. You can't just be out there just eating random London ass man. You shouldn't eat nobody's ass randomly.
Speaker 18: Bo.
Speaker 1: Why you gotta go all the way across the pond.
Speaker 3: So, if you haven't seen a video, and she was walking down the street, it was you know, it was people out and you know there was some white people around, and she was saying that she wants to eat ass ass and you can just tell, like.
Speaker 1: The white people just with their mouth well open. It was so confused.
Speaker 3: They didn't know what the hell was going on. I didn't know if they wanted to join in, if they wanted a piece.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But Christmas is random pom poom scratching, like is that a thing?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Once Poundtong came out, it's been a lot of scratching and scratching and it's yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: That don't sound a feeling?
Speaker 4: No, this is not a pillion at all. It sounds like it hurts. I don't know, but I guess scratching.
Speaker 1: Is a new thing.
Speaker 5: I'm not a fan of what you mean scratching Like, yeah, scratched, that's what they said. No, first they said scratched, then stretched.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you scratching down there, you.
Speaker 4: Get scratched, scratched.
Speaker 8: Jesus Christ. All right, Well that is your room and report.
Speaker 1: I want to say too, man, if you're in Atlanta this weekend, Just Hilarious will be at the Atlanta Comedy Theater Underground in Atlanta, Georgia. She's got four shows in two days Friday and Saturday this weekend, so go get your tickets. At Atlanta Comedy Theater dot com and go see just hilarious this weekend? Uh in Atlanta at l.
Speaker 3: All right, all right now, room report said, room report. Donkey, he give me a donkeys? Oh my god, donkey of the dead Man. There is an injustice happening in this world and we need to talk about it. Okay, there's a wife who I feel has been uh unjustly jailed.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss it for after the hour. All right, we'll get to that next. How far would you go for your husband? Huh if you needed it scratched? How far are you willing to go?
Speaker 7: NV?
Speaker 4: How far are you going for Charlemagne?
Speaker 1: I don't have a scratchable penis. I'm telling you that I can't scratch nothing.
Speaker 8: All right, don't get the days up next to the breakfast.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: When it's time to get with someone special, the best way to do it is with Magnum large sized condoms. That gold foil wrapper is a badge of honor, and it means you're protected and you take care of things with comfort.
Speaker 1: Accept no substitutes.
Speaker 3: Bring the pleasure with the gold standard Magnum large sized condoms.
Speaker 1: Damn he hogged.
Speaker 2: It's time to donkey, I.
Speaker 1: Mean trying to be dunky today.
Speaker 7: No more.
Speaker 1: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making it people do these.
Speaker 4: Days called of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 7: Damn Charlomagne, who got the donkey out of day today?
Speaker 1: Well, Jesse Hilarius, donkey today for Wednesday of July nineteenth goes to police and a hospital in the city of pot Dua. I believe I pronounced that right. Actually I think I pronounced that right. I don't believe I did at all. Okay, in fact, I probably didn't. But Padowa, Padowa. It's a city in Italy, and the police need to be held accountable for the injustice that occurred to a forty old forty year old woman who has not been named. And this is one of those times where her name should not be mentioned because we must protect the innocent, even though police in this hospital are trying to hold her accountable and make her guilty, when I don't think she should be in jail at all. In fact, I believe she should be celebrated for what she has done. All right, let me just start with the headline courtesy of the Daily Mail. Okay, the headline is sexual healing wife disguises herself as a doctor so she can sneak into Italian hospital ward and have sex with her her husband trop on the clues bombs for this queen. She snuck into the hospital so she could do some squad thrust in a cucumber patch with her husband. Okay, all I ever hear about Italy is that it is one of the most romantic places in the world. Okay. They talk about the breathtaking landscape and the stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea, the delicious seafoods, and the magical culture that draws people in. All of that sounds amazing and very romantic. But nothing I've heard about Italy sounds more romantic than this story. This wife, this spouse, this partner, this mate, this queen, this rib this bride, this epitome of a better half stole a doctor's medical gown to sneak into a hospital ward so she could have sex with her husband. She boarded the beef bus in the ear for her change. A nurse walked into the er and found this queen half neked, hunching on her husband while he was on the hospital. Guaranneye, I have nothing but respect for this woman because she had needs, her husband had needs. She didn't. She he didn't cheat because clearly he couldn't. But they didn't look for any banana in the fruit salad from outside sources. Okay. Now, the reason I'm giving the police donkey today and the hospital was because the hospital questioned her and she tried to claim she was part of the medical staff, but was detained and handed over the police. Now I know what y'all saying, Charlemagne, impersonating a doctor as illegal, Well, how come you not in jail? You never did a low role playing. We all been playing doctor with each other since we was kids. Okay, y'all mad because his wife took it a step further and got a professional doctor's outfit and actually snuck into the hospital and role played with her husband who was actually in the er surrounded by patients, and in front of all those patients, she started battered dipping the corn dog. And she is being punished and arrested for that. This is what happens when you take preyer out of schools. Okay, we don't even recognize God anymore. All Right, hospital medics said the woman was intoxicated. So what Italian wine is the best? All right, wine and romance go hand in hand. What's next, She's gonna be chastised for lighting some candles in the hospital, throwing some rolls pedals on the hospital floor. I am appalled at how this wife is being treated for showing up, her, showing up for her husband.
Speaker 2: Free her.
Speaker 1: Okay, we always yelling free such and such for people who probably deserve to be locked up, but this woman really should be free. In fact, she should have never been arrested in the first place. This wife even removed the ivy from her husband's hand so he could more easily, more easily play in the box. The kids came in. Look, I understand the woman has been removed. I understand the woman had been removed from the premises before because she was harassing the staff. But she wanted to see her boot. Okay, her husband's in the er, and she had an itch that needed to be scratched during the words of Sukiyana, a poom poom that needed to be scratched. So she decided to re enter the premises by stealing a medic's white coat so she could slip into the er unchallenged to get to her husband and boom, hot beef injection. I don't see the problem with any of this, not one single solitary issue. And the police had the nerve to arrest this woman and charge her with receiving of stolen goods, unauthorized practice of a profession, and impersonation malarkey.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: This woman needs to get a medal, a proclamation Wife for the Year award. All right. The bar for being a wife has been raised tremendously. This should be added the wedding vows for better, for worse, for richard, for poor and sickness and in health, to love in the chairs, to sneak into hospitals when I'm in the er until we are parted by death. All heroes are not kings of highly advanced African nations with endless supplies of vibranium. Please give the hospital and the police in Padawa, Italy who arrested this woman for having sex with her husband in the hospital the biggest he huh. We used to be a world We really used to be a world. Man. This woman should be white for the Year. Some of y'all won't even split the bill with your significant other nonetheless sneak into a hospital that has sex with them while they in the e Are you do that for your boo? Excuse me? I don't even like how you said that.
Speaker 4: I just want to know what exactly. I don't feel like he was referring to your wife.
Speaker 12: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I think you wouldn't do that for your baby? For my wife?
Speaker 6: Yes, are you?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 8: Yes, that's all I'm asking. I'm just asking, would you do it for your boot?
Speaker 4: Who's the boot?
Speaker 2: My white?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, you want to get her to do that for you, right of course? Okay, I'm just saying my boot would do it for me.
Speaker 4: But my question is like, how long is your emergency?
Speaker 1: What I don't like.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just you said it, not me.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking a question because you feel this, right, I do feel it? Okay, what you feel? I don't feel nothing.
Speaker 2: You just said you felt it.
Speaker 1: Man, you saved this.
Speaker 2: Say what you mean?
Speaker 5: What you say?
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You just said you played doctor.
Speaker 6: I just asked.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking that, right, not this pathway.
Speaker 1: From me asking a question? Boy here man?
Speaker 3: Right, now, I wouldn't do that for your You wouldn't do that for significant other though I said I would.
Speaker 4: Man, But how long is he in the emergency room?
Speaker 3: Like they couldn't guess, not even so let's open up the phone off or he might he might be dying.
Speaker 2: We don't know. That might be the last hurrah?
Speaker 3: Would you do that for your significant other? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Bay is in the hospital, ell in the ell you know needs some sexual healing.
Speaker 1: You need to get scratched, you need whatever your young kids are saying that you might need.
Speaker 2: You might need a check.
Speaker 4: That needs to be a mean.
Speaker 1: Would you do it?
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Would you are sneaking to the hospital to take care of Bay? Let's talk about this. We ain't even tell bt P S though bt cla the credits. That's right now, that is the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's dicuss this breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: It's topic time.
Speaker 19: Called eight hundred and five five five one to join in to the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 3: Warning everybody, it's dj n V Charlemagne, the guy we are the breakfast club. If you're just joining us, Charlomagne gave Donkey Dada.
Speaker 1: Who police and Padua Italy and a hospital in Padua, Italy because this queen, this wife broke into the er just so she could get her poom poom scratched by her husband, simple as that.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: She's got arrested for that, all right.
Speaker 3: So if you're just joining us, where we have Chris Kaylin here, he's from South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Who's joining us? All we Chalton, South Carolina eight four to three.
Speaker 8: And we're asking eight hundred and five five one five would.
Speaker 1: You do this for your book?
Speaker 4: Chris ever had a blue Absolutely, he's talking about.
Speaker 8: You were sneaking the hospital? Take care of Hobby or your manes?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? I mean I'm down for a little adventure, so why not?
Speaker 1: Shall would you take care of Hobby? I don't know, to be honest with you, I don't know if I would want my wife to do this, only because I wouldn't want her to get arrested, you know what I mean. But it depends on the ciruccles stances. We don't know all the nuances to the situation. I don't know if I'm dying. I don't know if I'm in the e artist might be my last hurrah, you know what I mean. But but you can't tell her. You can't stop a woman when she got her mind made up. That's true. You know, the only thing with a hospital just hospitals. I don't know, why do why do we role play about hospitals all the time. You want your wife to dress up as a nurse and be undressed up as a nurse before you want to play doctor.
Speaker 3: When you are up as a nurse, but like it's sexy, but not in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Like that would be sexy your I thinks, brightened, man, I think about that train.
Speaker 6: Just a little.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think about treating with that badest be cover when she was as a nurse and she was on top of the pumping the guy giving him that heart.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't take it there. If you're gonna take it there, if you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do it, do it okay.
Speaker 4: But like in hospitals, don't you have to like split room with somebody most times?
Speaker 1: That's what they said. In this situation. They said that people was watching, Oh that might be good entertainment. What if a minute, I just having surgery. I'm sitting there and all of a sudden, I'm just watching two people having sex next to me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, madam, we're happening with you.
Speaker 1: But now you need You're gonna say more than oh, but now you need your release. Well, he's better grab some lotion. And while you're watching, thembody get.
Speaker 4: So much in the hospital and that's too much. Now everyone's going to jail.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phone.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 12: This heasy going on?
Speaker 1: Good morning your boy.
Speaker 20: You already know off the shof cousin Chris was going on your boy.
Speaker 5: To us?
Speaker 1: Now anything makes Now this is you hat a similar situation.
Speaker 20: Yes, what happened was I was working in patrol and my lady was working at the hospital. I ain't gonna say which one because well my ex she still work downtown.
Speaker 6: Which one.
Speaker 1: I'm a rope for baby boy is one of them?
Speaker 6: One of them?
Speaker 20: And we was both working the holiday weekend. So because I couldn't get off, she had a long lunch because she was coming up on like fifteen hours, so she snuck off. She met me down and we was at the patrol unit and we kind of got it in while I was still long duty.
Speaker 1: And you ain't married that queen. You ain't married that geechee queen.
Speaker 20: Man, let's first start, she like geki oh man, like you know she was from like Georgia or something like that. Okay, yeah, see they don't don't don't do that. But that's similar situation.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 20: When you gotta get them, you gotta get them. And we're both working the holidays, everybody else from busting.
Speaker 1: The wide open.
Speaker 20: We figured want to know.
Speaker 1: I don't see the problem. I don't see the issue at all. My brother, Yes, sir, you have a good one.
Speaker 3: Brother, you too, Clarie, Yes, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Now you did this for your boot.
Speaker 11: Yes, so my goal scoring his atl he was at the Ria hospital. I used to go in to give him breakfast, lunch or dinner. And one time they were like, oh, it's time to go.
Speaker 13: So I hit in the room.
Speaker 11: I came out and while his boommate was sleeping, I hoped on.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest, a c how long was in here?
Speaker 11: And for queen, he was in there for a few days because he couldn't walk there for a few days.
Speaker 1: You can wait your home.
Speaker 2: It's only two days.
Speaker 3: He wasn't dying, He wasn't in the e R shadow last was down out for two days.
Speaker 1: His last rah, Jesus Christ, I respected.
Speaker 2: Are y'all married now.
Speaker 11: Fifteen years later? Three kids?
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: He wasn't schemed out a little bit in that hospital. I wasn't steve that a little bit.
Speaker 11: No, I was scared. So his womate was sleeping.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's be sleeping at the hell is scheved? What does that mean?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: Makes you gross? Ikey gross? I never heard that. I don't know what you're talking about. I never heard that. Ain't go to the phone man eight hundred and five want your man.
Speaker 2: We'll take more calls when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 19: It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one O five one to join in to the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody. It's j n V. Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. More proof that dj MV is white. Last break dj MV used the term called skived out. You've never heard of him before. He turns to Chris call and he goes, Chris, you heard that term, Chris? What did you say?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: But I went to school with white people.
Speaker 2: See that.
Speaker 1: She says she's never heard of colors, say that, I've never heard of color. Say that you've never heard ski. You ain't hear color say it? This morning? MB is white. I am telling you how that he's a white Dominican.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, if you're just joining us eight hundred and five A five one oh five one. This story comes from Chelamagn's donkey today. What happened to your donkey, Shelman Man?
Speaker 1: This wife snuck into the eer, literally stole a doctor's jacket, put it on so she can get into the r On challenge, just so she could have sex with her husband who was in the ear. All right, so we're asking, would you do that for your boo?
Speaker 3: Of course I would, absolutely positively I would, Charlamagne, Would I do.
Speaker 1: That for my wife for your booth? If? Yeah, I would do it for my wife. I don't know if I would want my wife to do it for me, because I don't wouldn't want to see my wife get arrested. But I think I would take I would take that chance. Chris Kaitlin, our guest.
Speaker 5: Hopes if I had a boo, Yes, I think like more of a you know, that would be like adventurous type thing.
Speaker 1: So sneaking, why you got to sneak in? Clearly hit the lights.
Speaker 4: Off like spy, we're going to activate my spy.
Speaker 1: What do you think is the easier hospital to sneak into? Christ? You know me and Christ were both born in Chelsea, South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Roe for m us, definitely mufinite, hands down, m.
Speaker 12: U s.
Speaker 2: I love who's this?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Good morning? So would you do that for your would you sneak in to a hospital for your boo?
Speaker 11: I would be every oligist there is to go have with my man.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you're gonna be a gun of collegest you're gonna be a practic collegist. You're gonna be a testicle colleges. You're gonna be a mouth ologist, all that whatever.
Speaker 1: I on't hear number of queens calling in this morning?
Speaker 4: My man, my man, my man?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, Davy Spice?
Speaker 3: Now, would you sneak into a hospital and hook up your your boot if you had to?
Speaker 11: Yes, I was, I would definitely do it. I'll give them some And then again thought as you didn't get it all popping?
Speaker 1: Okay, God bless you. You'll all getting into heaven. There's so many women getting into heaven this morning, man, that's all. It's amazing to here. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: Good morning, Charlemagne, and clue, this is Jacquin.
Speaker 1: Would you sneak into a hospital for your boo?
Speaker 11: Not only no, but I don't know if I I say it, But hell no, I don't agree. She's doing more harm this. She's hindering medical care first of all. And you think about it?
Speaker 18: What called his decline?
Speaker 11: Why is seeing the e r Charlamagne? It's a time and a place for everything, and something should remain sacred and private.
Speaker 1: Are you married?
Speaker 11: Of course I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, shut your ass up. You ain't getting in the heaven.
Speaker 3: She has a point because hospitals are supposed to be sanitary, and we got to make sure everything sanitary.
Speaker 8: Ain't no juice is flying around. Let's say this lady had an s T S T.
Speaker 6: I or s T B.
Speaker 1: Johnny, you think it's skeve. That's what you're saying. By the way, off producing textis And I forgot he put skeve delicious.
Speaker 2: That's queens.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I think I didn't understand the context that certain know what the hell that was. That's right to use it. Let's go to another caller.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this Loger than Life?
Speaker 15: Jersey City, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Larger, Larger Life. Have you ever heard of the term skevie?
Speaker 6: No, I forget it.
Speaker 2: Would you do that? Would you do that for your boot?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 11: I think Charlaman crazy.
Speaker 15: I want to do that for my boat.
Speaker 6: Not at all.
Speaker 1: So you wouldn't sneak into the hospital and have sex with your husband?
Speaker 15: No, you the only one to have faced with somebody.
Speaker 1: I'm just seeing how quick you are this morning.
Speaker 5: My brother.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 20: He keeps you out.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. So what's the more of the story? More of the stories? I respect all of these queens who are willing to do this for they man, that's it.
Speaker 4: We're all going to heaven, that's it.
Speaker 1: I don't see the problem. All right, you're not willing to take those kind of chances for the man or woman you love.
Speaker 6: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised I never heard of the term skevee, though I did remix when LL said it. LL also said in that song, oil up your angles, let your tem step exactly. I'm trying to look okay, exactly, all right, well we come back.
Speaker 3: We got your room and report, and Diddy is viral for calling another man daddy.
Speaker 1: Oil up your ankles, let your tap jesus. All right, it's the.
Speaker 3: Breakfast logan boards the Breakfast Club. Everybody, it's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: We got our guest co host Chris Calen joining us with South carolinaa.
Speaker 4: Mornington in the house.
Speaker 1: He four three. Now let's get to the roomors. Let's talk Diddy.
Speaker 2: Or you gossip chatting? This is the rumor report.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea.
Speaker 3: Spells right right, okay, all right, well let's get right to it now. Diddy was trending yesterday. Did he always says some plausible things, that.
Speaker 1: Is unpaid, upset, and he said this on Breakfast Club. He's unplausible, viral, very possible, possible.
Speaker 3: Well, it seems like yesterday they were out pool side with a video is Diddy and Meek Mill and people were laughing and saying, hey, yo, pause because he called meek Mill daddy.
Speaker 2: It was James Son.
Speaker 1: Man, you're doing the man you deserve it daddy. He just putting it in that work.
Speaker 6: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: I love you. Yeah, so because he said that, daddy, But that's dad. Didn't see nothing wrong with that. That's just so puff. Daddy calling somebody Daddy's surprising the people.
Speaker 8: It's people just look for a reason to say Pause to Diddy, nothing's.
Speaker 4: Wrong with it.
Speaker 5: But if I, like, if that was my significant other than another man calling him daddy, I'm.
Speaker 1: Be like, well, did he said way more possible stuff than that? I guess I've heard that on the scale of one till you know, do you like the party? Party? That's about a two on the Diddy scale, that's about a two. Let's play that. Un what did he say? He's unpossible?
Speaker 2: Turn out, I'm UNPOs You understand what I'm saying. I'm unpausible. Do you think that I care anything?
Speaker 6: Or hey?
Speaker 1: Yo, yeah, you know who I'm concern for? Un concerned for me? Me me just start watching this around is better because between Michael and you know what I'm saying, billion So I don't want me. I don't want me to be the meet in the billionaire me. We cannot have Meek Mill be the meeting a billionaire sandwich.
Speaker 4: Okay, put me in a billionaire sandwich.
Speaker 1: That's that's different.
Speaker 3: All right, now, congratulations with what we have? One more playst Yeah, I love this drink.
Speaker 6: I like when you like this, daddy, daddy.
Speaker 1: I like when you scrambling and straighten. I like that you missed me. I don't want your party with you.
Speaker 6: You that's like a party, and you ain't never really party.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. See, that's that's actually a t That's what I'm saying. That was like that we party before. He's like, no, no, we's what I'm saying. Would be scared y'all tripping off the meek? Did he pools? I think I said, that's that's the one or two.
Speaker 2: That's like what you heard on drink Chances.
Speaker 6: That's a nine party party. Did he know?
Speaker 1: Did he walk up to me one time and said the sexiest man alive?
Speaker 2: I told you?
Speaker 1: How did you respond? I'm not I'm not gonna give some context.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we don't want to know.
Speaker 18: If Bishop to you know, if we hear that Bishop Bishop td the story to the listening for the listeners.
Speaker 2: Not for the people who heard.
Speaker 1: We were at the Bishop t DJ's birthday party last summer, and it was the same week as his interview with Krisha, So he walked up to me and he goes the sexiest man alive and I go miss the act bag re acting bad tonight and my wife look at us. That's that's That's all you can think to say. That's all y'all can think to say to each other. Y'all were both to feel the way y'all were about that.
Speaker 2: We are Pauls.
Speaker 5: What's with somebody else? You should appreciate that right like that. I don't think you should. I support you in that.
Speaker 3: Are about the blackout on DIDEO online right now, I'm about the JT right now.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to jay Z drop a ball. That was nasty. What said you about the j T Diddy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like what do you know what I'm in? J T from the city girls, y'all, I didn't know. I'm sorry, let's let's start this so I don't want to even do my man like this. Drop a ball for jay Z. Jay Z is now the first black man with ten multi platinum solo albums, So congratulations to hole. Eminem has done it eight times, Drake has done it seven, so congratulations to hold So.
Speaker 1: A white man did it eight times, a half a white man did it seven times, and a black man did a ten. D on the clues bomb for Sean called it.
Speaker 3: Them okay, and last Meanie Leeks our son Bryson was arrested for felony possession of fennel and when he was arrested, allegedly he told the police he was the younger.
Speaker 1: Brother instead of himself.
Speaker 4: That is terrible.
Speaker 1: I mean, we all have a friend that does that that.
Speaker 3: You can never tell me your full name because you never you know, when he gets the rest, he's gonna say it's you.
Speaker 1: So shout the Mona. He used to do that when we were younger. But yeah, Mona that smashed the cake in your face that night. Yes, no, I didn't know what was going on about, Like what the hell? Mona was a DJ out of Atlanta that taught me how to DJ. I always say who introduced me to DJ? But he actually taught me.
Speaker 3: And one night we were all out, we were all drunk, and he Charlemagne told him, I think it'd be funny if you smash this cake in Envy's face, Charlamage instead of smashing it.
Speaker 8: He damned there snuffs me with the cake. So then we start fighting in the club.
Speaker 1: My birthday. We start fighting in the club. The club clears out. He's sitting there laughing. I was laughing at him when he was.
Speaker 2: Why all I saw?
Speaker 1: I was paid in full, So I thought that when it was somebody's birthday, that's how New York was greedy, you know what I mean. But he took the kick. He smashed it over Envy's mouth and it was like on his face and he smitt it in. Then you had the wife off his lips. It was crazy. We started fighting in the club.
Speaker 8: It was aggressive like scarlet, but yeah, more aggressive than that.
Speaker 4: Okay, on your birthday at your birthday party.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the fight now, always got to I don't remember all that now, remember that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: I don't remember no fighting now. I don't remember memory.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He always want to go out the story. I don't remember the fighting part happening, you know what, And that's your rumor report. I don't remember none of that. Are you coming back to the logan?
Speaker 4: Do y'all want me to come back tomorrow?
Speaker 3: I'm not because I'm not coming to them all. I can't work with him to come back tomorrow. All right, People's Choice Mixes Up next. Got to remind you, guys, a lot of twenty nine were out in Atlanta for My Car show this weekend. You should be in Atlanta for Jess Larry. She's doing her comedy show next weekend is my car show in Atlanta. We got calls from Young dolp shelter Young Dolph rest in peace. We got his whole fleet out there. Boosy Badass fifty cents shout to the Uptown Call Club shouted assist this with jeeps. So many calls coming through, and of course we got amusement Rods, jumpies, activities for the kids. We got the bike people that's going to be doing the tricks and flips with the bike. So I can't wait to see you guys. I get your tickets now. Kids faving under off free. So if you got a little kid, bring them all.
Speaker 6: I had.
Speaker 8: It's a family fun day. And the People's Choice mix us up next, Let's go.
Speaker 3: We gave who kids owning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Chris, we just want to say we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: For joining us.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 5: Y'all don't know how much this opportunity meant to me to be from Charleston, to be on this gigantic syndicated platform. And while I'm here NEPDS tuning in, I am a free agent if you are looking for an on air personality and real quick. Just everyone who supported me to get up here. Of course I want to thank my parents, my mom, my dad, my brother.
Speaker 1: Shout out to your mom. Your mom said that we adopted kids.
Speaker 4: Now right, yeah, her adopted sons.
Speaker 5: But my stylist tug By Tie Soul Salvation, the Edge Girl for a sponsoring my fits, and also shout out to my nail tech Is Nails, and just everyone who supported me from the Nigel's Hannibals, east Side Soul Food, Blue ob Strow and the Passion Project initiative and most importantly my album Mada sc State in the Communications program. So Charlomagne, thank you so much for just reaching back to somebody back home and just bringing us up and just doing that.
Speaker 4: So thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well. Good luck and I actually apediate me yesterday about you man, our guy George Cook, big g what's to jail?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely, I mean I think I think you are an amazing talent and a program director would be an asked if they let you walk away.
Speaker 1: And she's a radio personality. She comes from radio radio people. So all of y'all out there looking for you know that next great radio talent. Chris Kalen is one of those, right, Yes, absolutely when we come back.
Speaker 3: We got the positive notice the Breakfast Club in the morning owning everybody's j n V. Charlemagne to die. We are the Breakfast Club now on Charlemagne is starting to get up out of here. Shout to Emery Jones for joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: Salutor Emery Jones Man. Make sure you go get Emory's new Puma sneakers at are out right now and you can get that humble Soul mixtape that comes with the sneakers man, and I gotta salute our good sister, just hilarious. Make sure that you go to Atlantacomedytheater dot com because she will be performing there this weekend Friday and Saturday at the Atlanta Comedy Theater Underground in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Georgia.
Speaker 1: She got four shows in two days, Friday and Saturday. So go to Atlantacomedy Theater dot com. You make sure that's the website. Yeah, that is the website. I believe. I just go to just Larios page. I'm sure she got a link in a bioh Atyl Comedy Theater. That's it, atl Comedy Theater dot com. And you can go see just Hilarious this weekend at the Atlanta Comedy Theater Friday and Saturday. She got four shows, so go check her out, all right, and the positive notice simply this man competition happens at the bottom. The people at the top are collaborating. Remember that breakfast club bitch is you don't
Speaker 6: Finish for y'all done