Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlamagne, God, Peace to the planet.
Speaker 3: Is Thursday, Yes, it's Thursday.
Speaker 1: And today we got a special guest co host Alicia Renee.
Speaker 3: Lisia Renee is hell do I stay?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Not only.
Speaker 6: Not only is lisha ine heir you know me and Kevin Hart. We got a production company at Audible called SBAH Productions. We put out a couple of projects of Finding Tamika and some of eighty five. And today we are releasing our first audio scripted.
Speaker 2: Dramai scripted Yes, yeah, yes, unscripted.
Speaker 6: Drama y Unleash with Love, Unleash for Love, Unleash.
Speaker 2: What do you got releasing today?
Speaker 7: It's funny you should ask and be thank you for asking.
Speaker 8: By the way, I have a scripted experience with Audible called Unleash for Love exactly produced by Charlemage the.
Speaker 7: God and Kevin Heart.
Speaker 2: That's right, you do it because he's all over the place.
Speaker 3: Stars Pretty v.
Speaker 8: Logan, Brownie Lamar and Morris Shout to the Plastic Coupboys, Spank Horton is in it.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious.
Speaker 7: That's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Deem Hardistan and Jasmine guy.
Speaker 7: They played my parents. It's fully loaded.
Speaker 1: That's right, dope, don't do and they can pick that up on audible. So make sure you describe the audible and download that.
Speaker 7: Today is premiere dead today.
Speaker 2: So going out there and check that out, especially on your way to work.
Speaker 1: All right, well after you listen to the Breakfast left though, but yes, absolutely, you know me and Lisia when they did morning radio with each other for like a week or two, rightlf, we got history for a week or two.
Speaker 7: A lot of today is a full circles A.
Speaker 8: I never knew that though, Well, he spent the entire time reminded me that I was a dollar store version of Beyonce.
Speaker 3: WHOA, So I did that?
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I did not that.
Speaker 2: Why this was like eighteen years ago. No, but I did not. Jesus Christ, that is, don't.
Speaker 7: Use the Lord's same in van for your town foolery, Jesus.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Oscar de la Hoya will be joining us this morning. We'll try to change this up.
Speaker 2: That a version. I don't remember that, sin, damn Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: That's messed up.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 2: All right, well, at least your ain't thank you for doing this morning. We'll be joining us this morning.
Speaker 6: Will He has a documentary out called The Golden Boy. It's a two part series. I watched it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I don't know if you can believe anything that comes out of Oscar.
Speaker 3: Deala hoya's mouth. But we'll discuss it, all right.
Speaker 1: And then we got front page news next Tesla's figure out. Will be joining us. Got a lot to discuss, Man Carley Russell. We'll talk about it when we come back. Jesus Christ again, it's the Breakfast Oggle morning, everybody, It's the j n V. Charlamagne the gud we are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Alicia Renee. And let's get in some front page news. So that last night was the Powerball?
Speaker 2: Correct? What wasn't making millions? I get him confused? What was yesterday? Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the billion dollars? So somebody want a billion dollars. So if you have family in LA. They said the ticket was brought downtown l A. If you have family in LA. Somebody won that billion dollar ticket last night.
Speaker 3: Why I didn't see the sign change this morning. You know, in the morning you be driving, you're looking to see if the sign change. I ain't see the sign change. It's still say the billy.
Speaker 2: Now, well that's what they said when I was driving in and heard the news. I won for dollars.
Speaker 7: This is heart breaking out here with y'all. I didn't even get to my name in the hat.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 6: But today's the power Ball day for you because Unleash for lovers up today though, yes on audible.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take that testlaing finger out, Good morning, Test, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning DJ Envy, Good morning beautiful Alicia and Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 11: I guess I should have got that ticket in LA the one time I didn't get.
Speaker 2: The ticket, I know.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's jump right into it. A lot went on yesterday with Carley Russell. So what's give us some updates.
Speaker 11: Oh, this is a lot to unpack.
Speaker 10: The Hoover Police Department held a news conference to provide an update on the car Carlie Russell investigation. Now, for those that don't know, carl Russell is the Alabama woman who disappeared last week after she said she saw a toddler walking on the interstate. Now, during the press conference, the Chief of Police said that there's no reason to believe that there is any threat or danger to the public because the public was really concerned wanted to make sure, hey, was there somebody out there, So they wanted to make sure that people know that there was no threat or danger to the public connected to this case. He also went further to say that police have not been able to confirm much of the information provided by Russell in her initial interview with police. So let's keep in mind she's interviewed with them once, not twice. They're looking for that second interview from her, and she has not met with him yet. The Chief of Police also said that Russell's toxicology report was not suspicious and that there is currently no indication of mental illness. So based upon her health record, based upon interviews with her family, they said they cannot confirm the mental illness. I thought that was important to also point out to folks. Police have still not officially the determine if a crime was committed in this incident.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 10: Police also provided details from the investigation, which included a search of her possible Internet search history. In the days leading to her disappearance. Let's listen to some of that and then we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 9: On July eleventh, at seven thirty am, the term you have to pay for an amber alert was searched On July thirteenth at one oh three am, the day of her disappearance. The term how to take money from a register without being caught was searched on July thirteenth at to thirteen am, the day of her disappearance. The term Birmingham bus station was searched on July thirteenth to thirty five am. A search for a one way bus ticket from Birmingham to Nashville was conducted with a departure date of July thirteenth. On July thirteenth, at twelfth ten PM, a search for the movie taken a film about a production.
Speaker 2: Was conducted.
Speaker 6: Some random ass thurges. Well, you know that's why I told y'all. Don't being a rushed to be on either side of you know, whether she was lying or not. Let the fact come out and the truth will come out with it is the whole story, all the way out out though or it is just the text.
Speaker 3: Messages have been released.
Speaker 2: I think just I don't think the whole thing is I think the text messages to search.
Speaker 1: I don't think the whole story is out of yet they're trying to get a second interview, and I don't think she granted the second interview. My only thing when when we heard the story the first time, the reason I was questionable is when you said a toddler was walking down the highway right, and we've seen the video up the traffic on that highway, and the fact that she was the only person allegedly that's seen that child.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing that raised Because you're in a highway.
Speaker 1: More people say, hey, I've seen a kid on the side of the road, or I've seen a kid on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: Only one person seeing this kid on the side of the I.
Speaker 3: Don't remember them telling us that it was a highway at first.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was she, but I start she saw a toddle of walking it was a highwayway and I know it was a highway.
Speaker 2: We found that out, but I don't remember that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they said that in the original story.
Speaker 10: And just as another point of clarity for those that want to know, you know, didn't get a chance to watch the press release, they were able to to see that she did drive six hundred yards, claiming that she followed was following this toddler, you know. So when they told her, you know, keep following the toddler, She's like, okay, yeah, I'm following. That's some of the surveillance that the video that came out earlier this week. And six hundred yards just so in case folks don't know what that is, that's like six football fields. So again, apparently following a toddler on the highway for six football fields and nobody seeing that toddler is definitely suspicious.
Speaker 6: That's definitely screened. The only thing I don't like when the police said, you know, there's no threat or danger out.
Speaker 7: There, it's code for it.
Speaker 3: She lied, sure, But there is a threat.
Speaker 6: Of danger because human trafficking is real, meaning in this case directly because people were very.
Speaker 3: Scared in that area, human traffickers in that area.
Speaker 1: But he's meaning threat in that particular case because people were scared in that case.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she made it all up.
Speaker 6: All I'm saying is the threat of human trafficking is real, and there's hundreds of thousands of women and children who go missing, especially black ones, every day, So you know there's a threat of human trafficking out there.
Speaker 2: This it might not be the pres she make it made though, Well least let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of women upset about this because they're saying, you know, the threat with human trafficking, like Charlamage said, is serious, and because if they feel like maybe law enforcemental police might take you.
Speaker 2: Know, cases serious anymore. So how do you feel about that yourself?
Speaker 1: Test as well, because you guys are women, and it's it's really dealt with a lot of women getting kidnapped.
Speaker 7: One thousand percent.
Speaker 8: I mean, first of all, I always believe black women. Let's start there, which is why so many of us, like rallied immediately. I know, Elle, like Charlotte what you said, Like you know, we have to make sure all the facts come out first. But you know, when we see one of us missing, Tess, I'm sure you can agree. We're instantly now we're reposting, posting because you know, society will look for Waldo before they look for us. Let's just keep that a buck, you know what I mean, And so on his face obviously we're hoping that there's more to this story that kind.
Speaker 7: Of leads more credence to what she's saying. But look in real size.
Speaker 10: Tests, well, you know, coming from an activist standpoint, when you look at anybody being missing, you have to respond immediately, you know, within twenty four hour.
Speaker 11: We don't really have time to wait.
Speaker 10: And I think that's anybody, you know, the forty eight hour period, which also is another point.
Speaker 11: She came back right at the forty eight hour period. But time is of the essence.
Speaker 10: So I think it's important that we do that, whether we're talking about black women or if we're talking about the story I did a month ago about the Cleveland almost thirty children who went missing in Cleveland that I don't see people talking about, you know, So, whether it's women, black women, black men, black us, period, the stats show that they do not look for us in general.
Speaker 11: However, to Charlot Magne's point when.
Speaker 10: He says that you know, there still is a threat and we still need to talk about the larger issue, that's important as well.
Speaker 11: But two things can be true at the same time. You know, folks like to make a mallory.
Speaker 10: For example, she went live yesterday to talk about her disappointment you know, in this young lady if we find out that it is not true, because again she still has the interview and we still have to go through the process. So there's some disappointment and some empathy I have for her mother if this was not true, you know, sending her mother through that type of terror.
Speaker 11: Uh, you know that upsets me.
Speaker 10: And so we just have to unpack, you know, all of this and not not not make this conflate this into one big thing, but talk about each thing.
Speaker 11: For example, mental illness.
Speaker 10: The reason why I pointed that out there were a lot of folks in the mental illness community that reached out to say, hey, we don't want the stigma of every time something happens saying oh, it must be mental illness, because then, you know, we're not really digging into what happened. Obviously, she created this type of scheme. Something is off, but we got to be careful of misdiagnosing folks as well, you know, and still holding her accountable she did if she did this and she lied, she needs to be held accountable.
Speaker 11: She needs charges. We need to be very clear about that.
Speaker 10: But we also, still, like Charlemagne, the larger point talk about what are we doing in general, you know, for missing the missing folks.
Speaker 6: And furthermore, as a black woman, I would also like to say, they don't take our cases serious to begin with. False false claims are not the reason they don't take the cases of missing black women and children serious.
Speaker 3: It's because they are black.
Speaker 6: And think about it, if they were allegedly looking for her for forty eight hours, they couldn't even find her and she wasn't even really missing, So that lets you know they weren't really looking. You identify as black women, So you, like I said, so you I don't know if you didn't realize that those are the ingredients that make humans men.
Speaker 11: And maybe what's your what's your thoughts on accountability?
Speaker 3: Dominican?
Speaker 2: I mean I agree with what you said.
Speaker 1: I mean I think like this this can take away from other black women when they become missing, because you know, police are I don't think that.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: I don't because they take the case it's serious to begin with.
Speaker 1: I do, But not only that, Like you just see the people that got behind this case, right, because everybody was like, we want the same amount of press that was behind the submersible, right, So what's gonna happen is another Another time this happens, people are going to be less likely to post because they'renna say well, let's see what happens first.
Speaker 8: But that's where accountability within our own community is. You know prevalent should be me and talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 2: But let's get it off your chest tests we'll see in a couple of minutes. Think so much.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. If you need to vent, call us up right now. Phone lines are wide open again. Eight hundred five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: Is the breakfast Club? Good morning, the breakfast Club?
Speaker 12: Power?
Speaker 2: What o five one? Weather?
Speaker 11: It's ada?
Speaker 2: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait? Wait up, whether you're mad or bless, time to get up and get something call up now. Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 12: Hellos this yere y some trap?
Speaker 3: Jesus, what updrave.
Speaker 4: Who we got up there today helping us go over.
Speaker 2: To renee hi trap but going norm as.
Speaker 7: I can't complain, baby, how are you tra?
Speaker 11: Have you got audible?
Speaker 13: But that's not your call to talk.
Speaker 4: About this Raggedy Ben Parly ro oh lord, I'm calling about this raggedy bit.
Speaker 3: You should go in bits just because she lied, because if she I don't like that any other time, y'all don't talk to a black woman like that.
Speaker 12: He didn't, I say, a man for a woman.
Speaker 4: It could be like justum, raggedy. I think it's highly exul of what he did. And now black women, a lot of these people are not gonna take black women.
Speaker 11: That's not true.
Speaker 3: Try we gotta stop saying that they weren't taking us stairs to begin with. They weren't taking black women.
Speaker 11: They took her.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: The job?
Speaker 2: Yes, they did their job.
Speaker 4: I mean like white folks, because I mean as far as like the police, the resources and everything.
Speaker 6: That man, they did that job. That's what we pay police to do. Investigate whether or not somebody lying. Police can't decide, Oh I don't believe the person, so I can't investigate.
Speaker 3: We pay them to do their job. That's what taxpayers money go to. Like when we say we wasted their resources, no, we then they did their job.
Speaker 1: Lauren, Good morning, Good morning Guysance Lauren, So I want to.
Speaker 14: Talk about the best some woman can that's going on.
Speaker 4: I hope they just find her some psychological help. Not every situation needs to be jail. This obviously like a crime for help.
Speaker 13: I don't know why she did it.
Speaker 11: The information so as a complete because she hasn't made her statement. But is it to come out that she made this all up?
Speaker 4: I just hope they just find her out.
Speaker 1: Not the justice system just be so cool sometimes and not every situation needs to be in jail.
Speaker 3: I know y'all say that, but she's definitely going to jail. She lied to the people. I'll tell you that, right, But.
Speaker 1: It's the thing, right, And I guess we could ask test right, how many times have we heard stories of Karen lying on black people and nothing happens.
Speaker 2: Hell, we hear that all the time.
Speaker 1: They'll lie, they said this, and they'll put black people's lives in danger and they get no jail time. Although what I think she did is wrong. If you're not going to lock up everybody else, that that lies about us when we do certain things, you can't lock up. Yeah, can you go to jail for I'm sure you can't go. I'm sure you can't.
Speaker 2: Absolutely are you're telling absolute truth? For here's the thing.
Speaker 3: She is black, and y'all got to stop with these what ifs when you know what it is when we black.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, but that doesn't make it fair.
Speaker 1: And that doesn't make it right because we've seen so many cases since you talked. Remember the man I was watching the bird, the bird watching man, and the lady called and the cops this, this, that and the other, and they came.
Speaker 2: He could have got shot. She didn't go shore.
Speaker 6: This is America, and in America, all of this laughing and joke, it could turn the two three years for that young lady real quick. I saw Roy would say that yesterday, and that's very true.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vin hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Right right, ray, Yo, are we lost?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest? Got an indoor pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: I just want to let y'all know we tried to go to his call up. This lady's name was Rochelle. She wanted to get it off her chest. She said she can't listen to young Jeezy anymore. And the reason this is before she said you stupid, She said her ex cheated on her and took it and took the girl to the Jez concert.
Speaker 2: Her coworker caught them. Because of that, she can't listen on the phone. No, she went up. I was trying to get to it.
Speaker 7: Man, you got to let that burn.
Speaker 2: Says Damn that ain't jeezy for it.
Speaker 6: Mama, that is definitely not you can't do. I understand the trauma though that being attached to it, especially if Jez was her and her blue favorite artist. But damn it been there guy.
Speaker 3: You took her to a jeezy content and not me.
Speaker 2: Dang, hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 4: And good morning Leonardo?
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 1: I really likely you know now I'm starting to see the turtle. I'm starting to see the head.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I used to get that in middle school. Leon Right, give off your.
Speaker 15: Because that's not because he spelt my name wrong.
Speaker 11: When he tried to move. Yeah, when you tried to make a donation to watch her, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about that now. I listen.
Speaker 6: I wanted to make the donation. I was going to donate a nice amount of money. But it said that you got to pay a dollar a month. It would not let me do any I couldn't even make the donation if I didn't agree to pay a dollar a month from here on up.
Speaker 10: That is not true.
Speaker 2: I promise you.
Speaker 11: I deal with my website.
Speaker 15: I mean, I'm a tech person.
Speaker 13: All you have to do is click on pay pal and then.
Speaker 11: Put whatever if you want to donate a dollar, donate a dollar.
Speaker 2: Anybody you know, unk is kind of slow with the with the with the tech stuff, Mama.
Speaker 7: It could be a clickable link, bro, Yeah, he's not the brightest. Hold on sometimes it's a link.
Speaker 2: Hello, it was this anytime? Get it off your chest, man.
Speaker 13: I'm calling about the young lady who lied or you know, with all this investigation, y'all remember one of the when the Caucasian lady did the same thing and she goes fiance at the altar, but they gave her like seven years.
Speaker 4: She might be still in prison.
Speaker 3: Which one and so many of them, the.
Speaker 13: One in California. I think it was a couple of years back.
Speaker 7: He's right that she claimed that, uh, this Hispanic couple kidnapped her.
Speaker 8: Same case, right, Well, not that one, the one that goes to her husband and it was looking for her.
Speaker 7: That's the one we're talking about the same thing. Yes, it was.
Speaker 8: She claimed that it was the Hispanic family that kidnapped her and had her locked up in the in some dungeon or something.
Speaker 13: But then she was with her ex boy prep and the ex boyfriend came and said, naw, she lied. She was with me these a couple of weeks, and all they said to the prison she I think she got about five to seven years.
Speaker 3: Class she got eighteen months. You talk about Cherry Peppini, I remember that eighteen months.
Speaker 13: Live so like DC Young Friday, bring your glass here, she gotta go baby.
Speaker 2: In California, in Alabama.
Speaker 6: But yes, Cherry Pappini did get eighteen months in prison for faking her own abduction.
Speaker 7: But Tess correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 8: I think that they were a little stricter with her because she specifically like like she gave a complete breakdown. There was a lot of police resources that were expended, right, Like it was just.
Speaker 6: More of a she collected some social Security money. She did all that so she could collect disability from Social Security.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I mean, and let's just compare this. I mean, we all know that people talk of bringing up the justice from that story. So when we looked at his story and and how he also you know, faked his assault. He was ordered to pay one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a little over that for restitution to the City of Chicago for those you know, resources that were spent, which would also would be spent in Carl's case. He also was sentenced to one hundred and fifty days in jail for lyne to police at sid Yeah, and then of the felony. So I think his case is probably similar to this one, you know, but it's really that fossilly supported and those resources that they can make her pay back.
Speaker 7: I think she hit the nail on the head when she was like, you see she came back within that forty.
Speaker 3: When she came back at.
Speaker 2: Forty seven, is true, I don't know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like literally, yes, she was right on the market. Yeah, again, we do.
Speaker 10: I'm interested in seeing the second interview. I'm really interested to see what they can press.
Speaker 1: You know, she's gonna get an attorney. She's not You're not gonna get a second interview. She's gonna get an attorney. And it's gonna it's gonna be a suit. She's not gonna do a second interview. There's no way in hell any attorney would allow her to do a second interview.
Speaker 6: I just don't want people to use this as an opportunity to minimize the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of missing black women and children in this country, you know what I mean. I don't want people to start saying like this is why they don't take us serious.
Speaker 2: No, they wasn't taking a serious performance.
Speaker 10: Man like Charlamaine is right with that, and we we agree on that. But I also want people to understand when this happens. I'm really thinking about Charlamagne, like I said, the youth that we're trying to get involved, and when they say, oh, you know, what's the point, and I know, we say, well, they're not going to be down anyway, and we get that, but I just we want to keep people engaged.
Speaker 11: We want to keep people involved, and we still have to go hard.
Speaker 10: You know, we still have to go hard tomorrow, the next day and the next day, and there's gonna be some disappointment, but we have to have some accountability in our community as well.
Speaker 11: And we have to stay in the fight, so all of these things be true at the same time that Charlemagne, You're right, it's not about a white issue.
Speaker 10: And if white people care or not, I'm concerned that those who are easily disappointed, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I ain't Eve talking about white people. We're just talking about simple math.
Speaker 6: If one, if one situation can make you not engaged as opposed to hundreds of thousands of people who are actually missing, then I don't think you really want to be down.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, when we come back, we got your roomal report. We got to tell you about Snoop Dogg. He shares why he's never been invited to the Rock Nation Brunch. We'll tell you about that when we come back. And don't forget. Oscar de la Hoya will be joining us next hour. It's the Breakfast Club on be et, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello for morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's TJ ANDV. He showing me and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. We got our guest co host, Alicia Renee. That's right, and Unleashed for Love is out on audible right now. Let's talk Stop Dogg through my.
Speaker 2: Whole lot of names, or you've gossip been chatty? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: This is where the tea.
Speaker 2: Spells right right now.
Speaker 1: Snoop Dogg has claimed that he's never been invited to Jay Z's Rock Nation brunch. There's a couple of people that say they haven't been invited to the brunch and people are upset about it. Well, jay Z, I mean Snoop Dogg spoke about it, but you could tell he was joking.
Speaker 12: Of course, I don't get invited to none of the Rock Nation brunches.
Speaker 2: All feel bad?
Speaker 3: Me neither.
Speaker 12: Okay, as long as me and Snoop at home together, I ain't mad at it.
Speaker 17: I know why they didn't want me to come. I'm gonna be the sharpist, Okay. They know when I walk in my outfit're gonna turn everything out, You understand me.
Speaker 2: Keep that all the party's gotta be fashion shows.
Speaker 17: Now, No, it's all good. Say that's my god. You know what I'm saying. I just say, had time to slide to one of those brunches. Maybe next time we can all go together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like as if they're going to deny Snoop DOGG not at all. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Snoop Dog can walk into any establishment with a blunt in his mouth and they'll let him in.
Speaker 3: Probably even the White House.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably.
Speaker 1: And it is two events that people always want to go to and seem like they will do anything to go to. One is Jay Z's Rock Nation Brunch and the other is Mike Rubin's Fourth of July party, the White Party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the White Party. I don't know about Mike group for people. A lot of people won't go to that.
Speaker 6: Maybe now if it Mike keep hugging people from the back, it's gonna be a lot of people that's gonna go out there for a good time.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 6: You better be careful. You better be careful, Mike. I meaning a lot of people say they want to hug from the back from.
Speaker 1: You, Kay Jesus now shout the Snoop Dog, Snoop Dog and Eat forty I also have partner to drop their first cookbook.
Speaker 2: It's titled Goon with the Spoon.
Speaker 1: It's set to be released out of November fourteenth, where they share some of their crazy and amazing recipes.
Speaker 6: Easy call, No Brainer, drop on the clues bombs for et forty. No, you forty can cook? Yes what I've been following you forty on Instagram for a long time, Like, I love watching you Forty's Instagram because he going with the spot.
Speaker 2: He really shutting up. He might be better than you.
Speaker 7: Just don't do it. Wow the lies hetail, Wow can cook though, we can have a cookoff. I want to do a gumbo off E forty if you're.
Speaker 6: Listening, I know forty can't touch least gumbo and I ain't even worry about that now.
Speaker 2: Shout to Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this case the other day on Front Page News about a South Carolina woman that was protecting her family home. They were trying to take her home. It was in Hilton Headed Island and she wanted to pass it on to her family. Seems like the developer has been trying to get this one hundred and forty seven unit complex next to her property has been having problems. Well, Kyrie Irvin decided to help out and gave her forty thousand dollars to help her fight that case.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: The clue bond for Kyrie Irvan reason where.
Speaker 7: That Tyler Perry was trying to help her also hold on to her family land.
Speaker 6: I think Tyler and raising awareness for it. And my good Brothercari Sellers is her attorney. He represented her pro bono too, by the way, so yes, she's getting a lot of assistance, all right.
Speaker 1: And lastly, a New York Times article compiled a list of stories about fifty rappers, and Gucci Maine was one of them. Now Gucci talks about he admitted that hustles like Birdman voted him motivated him to pursue a career as a musician. He said he wasn't even really in love with hip hop. He said, I'm a hustler. I'm like, damn, I really don't want to sell dope all the time. It's too risky. If Jermaine Dupre can put out Crisscross, Birdman ain't really a good rapper, and I got a little money I can get in this. So they're saying that Birdman influenced him to start rapping. This came from the New York.
Speaker 6: All That made perfect sense to me. Though it may sound like a disc but I get what he's saying.
Speaker 7: What's Birdman? We were catching random strate business.
Speaker 1: But I guess if you think about it. If you look at it, he probably was like, damn JD put out Crisscross.
Speaker 2: They're wearing clothes backwards. I'm from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: And then you look at Birdman, and you know, nobody says, you know, Birdman, he put out great songs, but you don't know what he looks as Birdman as a lyricist. Right, you don't put Birdman with little Wayne, you know me, You don't put him on the same level as No.
Speaker 2: That's the fact.
Speaker 3: And I've always thought about stuff like that.
Speaker 6: And I thought about stuff like that even when in regards to the presidency, right, because everybody was like Barack Obama so inspiring. Barack Obama, you know, makes it makes you feel like, you know, little black kids can be president.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, listen, Donald Trump more so, the bar so low. What s to be to be president Obama? You got to be exceptional.
Speaker 6: I think about all the things President Obama had had to accomplish before he became President Trump.
Speaker 3: The ball was so low. Trump is the president make you feel like, you know, what, if he can do it, I can do it.
Speaker 8: And shook off a random squirrel plopped it on his head and got all the way to the White House.
Speaker 18: Here you go with some country saying that what you just say, that's perched on some crazy Something in the milk ain't clean.
Speaker 2: I tell you what in the milk is?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: Something in the milk and clean?
Speaker 3: I've heard that one.
Speaker 2: I never heard that you're red. Something in the milk clean?
Speaker 7: Wash isn't rinsing?
Speaker 2: I heard, No, that's a washing machine. What what's the milk clean?
Speaker 7: When it comes out the rents the milk.
Speaker 2: And clean, it's spoiled. I think that, really, you think what it means. That's what it means, spoiled.
Speaker 8: Something is wrong, something in the milk and clean, something not right, you know, coagulated, I say the right quager.
Speaker 7: I'm sound like you ell just coming up from.
Speaker 2: Hell for these words. All right, and that is your rumor report.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back and got front page, you testling, figure, oh, be joining us again in Oscar de la Hoya will be here, so don't move. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: Audible pick of the day is Snoop Doggs from the streets to the sweets. Here's Snoops journey from the Preach, the Long Beach, the hip hop Legend. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com slash snoop.
Speaker 1: Everybody is dej n V CHARLAMAGNEA God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest host with us today, Miss Alisha Vanae.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get in some front page news telling.
Speaker 11: Them welcome back. Good morning, Alicia, beautiful a Lisia. We having some great conversations today.
Speaker 7: We all have.
Speaker 3: You ain't lunch.
Speaker 11: This is behind the scene conversations, Jamee.
Speaker 2: Now, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about the I R S whistleblower. What's going on now?
Speaker 10: Yeah, two whistleblowers provide the House Oversight Committee with their side of the story from the year long investigation into Hunter Biden. Now, the Internal Revenue Services employees j Greg Shapeley and joseup Zeigler, who were previously known as whistleblower X, alleged that the US Justice Department officials slow walk the investigation into President Joe Biden's youngest son. Let's listen to some of the exchange and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 5: On the other side, prosecutors instructed investigators not to ask about the big guy or dad when conducting interviews.
Speaker 2: Here's what Gulls me.
Speaker 5: I don't like these attacks on the Department of Justice, the FBI, the irs, as if they are somehow anti US agencies. And we could be, quite frankly, using our time to better talk about crime in America that's affecting everybody, a tax on women's health, the economy, budgetary issues, public education, housing, the need for senior citizens to be able to pay for prescription drugs, tell poverty, and mental health, to name a few.
Speaker 3: And yet we are doing this all over again for the Hunter Biden show.
Speaker 5: To someone who has pleaded guilty and has taken responsibility for not filing taxes for two years.
Speaker 6: He need to be in Jeff, you ain't I know if I didn't file taxes for two years, the all black asses.
Speaker 2: That's fact. Okay, that's fact. We've got to be real.
Speaker 1: I mean, his dad is the president and people can say whatever they want, his dad is the president.
Speaker 10: Well, he did take the play, as you know, and so they feel like, you know, the case is over. Shapey said that the investigation treatment was different from any other case.
Speaker 11: During his fourteen year career with the agency.
Speaker 10: They said, at every stage decisions were made that benefited the subject of the investigation. They said that as you heard, Democrats are saying, you know, you're spending time on this when he's already you know, basically.
Speaker 11: Accept the responsibility.
Speaker 10: And they also pointed to they didn't play that in the clip, but they pointed to, you know, you still haven't been able to prove that President Biden had anything.
Speaker 5: To do with this.
Speaker 11: And so I want to say this, you know, we again, this goes back to accountability.
Speaker 10: If they're going if Democrats are going to say that Trump should be held responsible for election using his influence to influence the election, if there is something to this that they used President's Biden's influence in the due process, then yeah, somebody needs to be held accountable. I don't think it's right to just say, oh, well, he need have responsibilit let's just move on these whistleblowers saying, one of which is a Democrat by the way, Uh, it's saying, no, this investigation was held, was not done the right way.
Speaker 11: What do you guys think.
Speaker 6: I think you're absolutely right to as and I don't know why people act like they don't know how politics work because it's it's it's campaign season right now.
Speaker 2: You know, we got a presidential election next year.
Speaker 6: They're gonna never stop talking about this, same way that on the other side, they don't stop talking about the things Trump did or the things Trump's family did, Like they're gonna keep bringing this Hunter Biden thing up, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, on the on the campaign trail. So they should know that Trump.
Speaker 8: Is never gonna be found guilty or anything that is a teflon time, my god, and he should be under the jail for.
Speaker 7: All the things.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I never thought you would get even get indicted at all, So I don't I mean, I really don't know.
Speaker 7: That's I'm saying. He's not gonna be found guilty. If anything, he just.
Speaker 10: Keeps well, he was already fun Well, let's keep in mind he was found guilty in the case with the late side, yeah, on the right suicide. So so we'll see more diamonds coming to another diament make possible next week.
Speaker 11: They still have what's going on in Georgia.
Speaker 10: But again I think with their what they're saying is if there was some wrongdoing, you know, during this investigation.
Speaker 11: People should be be held.
Speaker 6: Accountable, and they definitely not gonna stop it. Their guy got two indictments and a possible third and fourth on the way. They're gonna definitely so in their mind they're like, Okay, well listen, this is happening to us. Well, guess what's happening over there. That's right, they should be they should be held accountable to It's just gonna be a bunch of fingerpointing, that's all.
Speaker 11: If Trump get back in the office, what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Revenge revenge.
Speaker 6: And it's a part of me that want to see it. I really drop it, but it would be it would be good in a movie. I wouldn't want to see it in real life, but just to see what Trump would do if he be cases on all you bitches.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about this over the counter birth control pill before we get up out of here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just quickly wanted to give this update.
Speaker 10: The US Food and Drug Administration approve the birth control pill oh pill, which will be available over the counter. Now, this is the first time that a birth control pill non prescription.
Speaker 11: Has been available in the United States.
Speaker 10: They said this is going to reduce barriers to access to individuals that you know, do not have medical insurance.
Speaker 11: They don't have to see a health provider.
Speaker 10: They said that they're committed to ensuring that this pill is affordable and accessible to people who need it, and it will be available in the stores early twenty twenty four.
Speaker 11: That B is after, that's the Plan B after after you slip up. This is this is the pre slip up. Plan B is the post.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, so you would take this if you know you're gonna get busy that night.
Speaker 10: Says No, this is real birth control. Go to the docorary to take it every day, and you know a real birth control. Lam B, Oops, I slipped up last night, and we go take this pill on the back end.
Speaker 11: That's why it's called Plan B. Come on on the back end, right literally?
Speaker 2: All right, well, Matt is your front page news.
Speaker 7: Thank you, test and the.
Speaker 10: Old as the negro poet Lotto. I believe he talks about Plan B. H you listen to that record and get more details.
Speaker 3: Y'all, keep ripping it out the plastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah she come here. Y'all don't need playing by condoms.
Speaker 6: Make sure you subscribe to Teslan Figural podcast The Great Shot No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast Network and make sure you follow Teslim Figural on all social media platforms.
Speaker 3: Got Teslin FIGUREO.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, Oscar de la Hoya will be joining us. It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Well, I mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, the legend Oscar de la Hoya.
Speaker 2: Welcome, thank you. Now we were talking about the documentary.
Speaker 3: The Golden Boy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it. Man, Why do you think now is the time?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I appreciate that. You know, ever since I was I was six years old when I started boxing, I realized that I was conditioned to become, to become a fighter, to become you know, uh, to take basic. My my family, my uncles, my father, they had they had this vision like you know, if I if we have this kid who is good in boxing, and maybe one day he can take it, take us out of the hood.
Speaker 2: You know, which wasn't you was supposed to be your brother.
Speaker 12: It was my brother. Right now that I'm I just turned fifty years old, and so it's like, I want to do it my way. I want to I want to tell my story my way, honest, truthful, raw, real. Just I mean, living living with the lies for so many years, it eats you inside.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 12: You know, you can't go to sleep, you can't wake up in the morning, you know, just being honest with yourself. You know, it's I lived it for so many years, man, and and I was conditioned.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 12: I believed my own lies all those years. You know, that was my life.
Speaker 1: But do you feel like if you didn't lie, you wouldn't be the person you are now? Because everything was a story, right, it was. It was a perfect storm. The Olympics and the fact that you know, people thought that, you know, you're doing it for your mom because that was the last wish, and like people were sold on that story.
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh yeah, they were sold. And I think everything was meant to be, you know, because I don't think I don't think I would have had the drive to become world champion, to win the gold medal, you know. I mean when when I was a kid, at eighteen years old, I win the gold and the reporter right after the fight, the first thing he tells me is oh you want this for your mom. I'm like, oh yeah, okay, yeah, I want it for my mom. So then the story just caught fire, and I'm not going to say anything, you know, I'm just gonna do my job in the ring and train and fight, and I became the Golden Boy. And then the lie just kept.
Speaker 2: Going, just kept going.
Speaker 6: So so the lie about the lie about your mother's last words being she wanted you to win the gold medal that came from the reporter.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that came from the reporters. That came from and I thought it was at the time, I thought.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 12: I mean I really didn't think anything of it. And I was just a kid man just just agree with the reporter.
Speaker 3: Now, you know what's interesting about that.
Speaker 6: Back in that those times, whether it was whether you were a part of a boy man or you were some type of celebrity, they did craft these stories oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Around you just for just for a promotion.
Speaker 12: No, they did, you know. And being a shy kid from me, sela whatever. I mean, I could have been from anywhere, but I didn't really have a word. I didn't really have anything to say.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 12: It's like I just I just went along with whatever anybody told me.
Speaker 1: You know, I was just doing my job, and that's fighting you feel, you feel like you know, sometimes we talk about the Greace. They talk about the Great's parents, right, and the role that they played and the fact that sometimes it was abusive, but that quote unquote abusiveness made them who they are today as a parent. Are you the same way or even do you dislike your father because of how he trained you and the person that he made you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Well, what's crazy is that my mother was physically abusive to me and my father was emotionally abusive to me. So it's like he like my father just the other year, like two years ago. I actually had the courage to go up to him and tell him that I love him, because he couldn't do.
Speaker 2: It to me.
Speaker 12: He couldn't tell me.
Speaker 2: You know, you never told your father you love him for two years ago.
Speaker 12: Wow, Yeah, just two years ago. So I and that took a lot of courage from me, and I was like, I didn't know how to do it. So one day I just I think I drank a little tequila shot or something, and I went up to him and I said, Dad, I love you. And I was like scared, you know, like for his reaction, I thought he was gonna do something to me, you know, because that's what your head tells you. And so he just started crying. Man, and he hugged me, and he says, I love you too.
Speaker 3: Wow, at a young age, you were taught not to cry.
Speaker 6: It is there a time you remember when you realized that I was considered like a mental health trump.
Speaker 12: You know, I stopped crying. I stopped crying when I was like thirteen when my mother would beat me up, and I was just numb at that point. But see to your point, I mean that's what built my character.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 12: It made me tough. So I would go in the ring as an amateur and as a pro, I would go in the ring and literally picture my mom's face, you know, and just I would just get out of control and just start beating people up, you know. So that I guess she was my drive at the same time. And then my father, you know, he was just like a tough guy. He was just a tough guy, pushing me every day. You know, you got to do this, you got to do that, you know. I mean there were times where my father never laid a hand on me. But there were times where it's like, I mean he was close, you know, because I because I didn't want to go.
Speaker 2: To the gym because I was tired.
Speaker 12: Maybe at fourteen thirteen, fourteen years.
Speaker 3: Old, I don't remember, you didn't show you, you didn't talk about your mother being physically abusive to you and the dog.
Speaker 12: Never Yeah I did, Yeah, I said, I said, yeah. I mentioned it a couple of times, and where I just hated the fact that she would beat me up.
Speaker 2: I just heard it as beatings, like we all.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got, I got, I got beatings. I got, I got real beatings.
Speaker 2: Where they beat what were they beating you up with?
Speaker 12: Like beatings because you know me, the belt, the hangers and you know that, which was abuse.
Speaker 2: It was abuse. We we didn't look at it at that back then. We didn't see it was normal.
Speaker 12: But it was normal back then. Yeah, it was normal back then. And and I asked myself a lot of times, like, man, I would I do that to I wouldn't do that to my kids.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: That's how I was that.
Speaker 12: My youngest one is nine years old and my oldest one is twenty twenty five. I would never lay a hand on them, you know, and I would never like yell at them or you know, there's ways of doing things, you know. And so it's like I think to myself, Okay, maybe I.
Speaker 1: Was abused, you know that the way you were with women, right, people will call you a woman as he was a whore.
Speaker 2: People will call you a horror.
Speaker 12: I kind of was man. Yeah, be a man? Who right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They were part of the I don't remember people of five hundred women sent you right.
Speaker 12: Well, the lawyer said that, oh got you got The lawyer said it might have been like two hundred.
Speaker 3: Now gotch.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask what what what got you to the point? Was it a woman that hurt you? Was it maybe something in relationship with your mom that you missed?
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 12: I think it was now looking back at it, I think it was the relationship with my mom really yeah, because uh, the abusive relationship. And it's like I hate it. I love her, right because she's my mom, but I hate the living crap out of her because of what she did to me, you know, and and how she treated me and the love she never gave to me. And maybe it has something to do with that, you know, the disrespect of women, you know, because of my mom.
Speaker 6: So damn now that I think about it, you know when you talk about you said you went in the ring and used to see your mom's face, it was just all that pain and hang anger that you carried with you. So when you finally did tell the truth, like how you're telling the truth now, did it feel like a relief?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Well the relief came. The relief came a few years ago when I went to the cemetery and I just I just unleashed on her.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 12: My first words to her were I hate you. And I had this big old letter that I was going to you know, read to her and and and it just I was gonna apologize to her, you know, because I felt I felt that she was the victim and that I was the one, you know, the kid doing wrong. But instinctively I just said, you know what, I hate you, and I just started crying and just and at the end, I was like, you know what, I love you, and boom, I was like I felt released. I felt like if I you know, got my feelings out and okay, I'm okay now.
Speaker 2: I mean never got the opportunity to talk to her face to face and.
Speaker 12: Never did never did she never she never hugged me, gave me a you know, I love you, or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So it's damn, it's it's pretty crazy now, you you when you were starting your professional career as a boxer, most people would reach out for huge promote, not even huge promoter, huge managers. Right, you got the manager from a GM dealership. It's worked out right, But nobody would have went that way. They would have, they would So what was why why did you go that route? Was that the only person you know? Or was it something that you said, I just liked this guy.
Speaker 12: No, I mean my father put him there, I mean put him in that position. You know, it's there. But he sold cars exactly exactly. I mean I was I was smart enough to fire him a couple of years later. But that's that was my life, you know. It's like everybody told me what to do and I had no problem with it, and I asked no questions. I just I just wanted to train and fight.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Do you think your father pushed you so hard because he was living his dreams through you?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, oh yeah he was. Oh yeah, I mean my father Yeah, My father was a professional fighter. Think he had like eight fights, lost seven, you know, And so that's why so my brother was actually the chosen one to be like the golden boy, right, but he just didn't like it. He quit and uh, and that's when that's when my family said, you know what, Okay, you're going to be the chosen one at six years old.
Speaker 2: We got more with Oscar de la Hoya. When we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamage the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking with Asca de la Hoya, Charlomagne.
Speaker 6: I wonder how you were able to have so much it seemed like discipline to prepare for fights. Yeah, but you didn't have all that discipline outside.
Speaker 12: The right, right you know how you know what happened was, yeah, my discipline ended outside the ring. I think when I was like twenty two, you know, because I was very disciplined in and outside of the ring when I would fight. Because at one point my first year, I fought like thirteen times. So I was in the gym every single day. And then uh, and then when I started getting fame and money and this and that. So it's I got out of control. Like the bug just came in me and just like just took over, you know. And I was like I was this little famous guy in La you know, and and women were everywhere, and uh, and I just got out of control. I didn't know how to handle it. Nobody gave me like a handbook, you know, like this is how you have to treat your life, treat yourself, you know, and or treat fame. And I just did what I what I can do, you know, what I knew, and I took advantage of it, and a lot of people took advantage of me, and uh, you know, and that was my life.
Speaker 2: Man. The quote unquote.
Speaker 1: Picture, the Fishnet picture, a lot of the picture. Did you think your career was over at that picture?
Speaker 12: No, No, I didn't. I didn't think it was over because, uh, what was your.
Speaker 2: Thought when you've seen that picture when it was released?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was, you know, obviously embarrassed, and I was I was in pain because you know, it's it happened so fast. But I knew in the back of my head, Okay, I have enough power and money to make it disappear. I have people who are going to cover it up. This that we we even I think there was more, you know, but it still came out. Yeah, and it still came out. And I remember saying like, hey, I mean my life is over, like the Golden Boy is tarnished.
Speaker 2: That's it, it's over.
Speaker 12: But then this machine came out swept it all up, you know. And and we even got a forensic I don't know what they call him, but where where he came out and said some expert and with photos and photo shopping and this and that, and he even said, you know what, these are not these are not real to stop it. Yeah, we even we even did that.
Speaker 2: Yeahs to be telling the truth, you know. Damn what those pics and the fish, No.
Speaker 3: No, they're real.
Speaker 12: They're real.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, they're real.
Speaker 6: And you did it in the doc It was like, oh yeah, like I guess I'm clear. In the docum made it seem like it was photoshopped. And he was like, I guess I'm clear.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, but they were oh they're real. Yeah, hell yeah, Okay, what did your friends say?
Speaker 1: Because I can't imagine my friends would joke me to this day over that page, like Charlamage.
Speaker 3: We got the same kind of pictures.
Speaker 12: Well, look, I mean, look, I mean I'm sure, I'm sure. I'm sure we all have you know, done something here and there, you know, behind closed.
Speaker 2: Doors, you know.
Speaker 12: So it's like now today, it's like, yeah, I wish I would have known about it because I was, like, I was probably sedated when that happened, because I don't remember.
Speaker 6: The young lady you was dealing with. She said, y'all was she said, y'all drinking and y'all on on substances. She wouldn't see what it was.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it could have been, could have been, but I don't remember, Like honestly, I don't remember. They are real it was me, but I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Why'd you cut her off?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 6: She seemed like a nice woman, like she like, why'd you cut her off for it? Why do you stop talking to her?
Speaker 12: You know what I would do what I would do back then when I would meet women or it was it was mainly like I would go to a strip club or you know what, you know, and I would meet these girls and stuff and and it would never be about sex. It would never be a no, no, hold on, hold on, I mean when when I would hold on, hold on when they when when I would My intention was obviously, but then I would start to like have conversations, you know, like just to feel close to somebody, you know. And she says it in the dock, that girl, she says it in the dock. She says, you know, yeah, we would never have sex, but he would always cry to me, and he would always like with his mom and this. And then I was like, oh, I mean, I don't remember most of it, but it's like, yeah, it makes sense, you know, because it's like I have this relationship with my mom that's like I love hate, you know, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And the doc you said for the first time during training camp with PAKIAU was getting drunk. Yeah, but I wonder what role is sex and alcohol play in your losses to Trinity Dad and Shamee Moldy.
Speaker 12: No, I was, I was. I was focused in those. I was focused one thousand percent in those. But with a pak y'all fight. I was getting beat up in training camp, which never happened before by sparring partners. And so the last two weeks of training camp, I started just drinking. I started. I was in good shape, but I was. I started drinking a lot and uh and so when I went when I went inside the ring against PACTI I was already a dead man walking. I had no chance whatsoever.
Speaker 6: When when you fall pack Yati, did you do it for money or did you really just want to do it for the sport, because I couldn't tell if you were really having money issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: No, I never had money issues. I never had money issues. I was I don't know how for some strange reason, I've I've been able to do well. But it was just for the glory. Man, it was for the glory. I mean my career. You know, I was the kid who they are. It's like you know that commercial member a long time ago. Oh, Mikey will eat it. You know that's surreal thing. Yeah, It's like okay, yeah, Oscar will fight him. You know, that's just the way. It was, like, I want to take on everybody. And so when I heard this packyall coming up, I was like, all right, I'll fight them, no problem. But yeah, money issues. No, I never had money issues.
Speaker 1: I want I want to ask about Floyd. You and Floyd have had a love hate relationship. Sometimes it seemed like Yellen love sometimes seemed like you hate each other. What do you think about some of the recent things he's been doing, these exhibition flights, and do you think it tarnishes his record or him as a boxer.
Speaker 12: I mean, I don't think. I don't think it will tarnish it's fighting, professional fighting, you know, career that he's had. But you know, and people's eyes, maybe some people that really don't know boxing, that are not you know, experts or whatever, or they're casual fans, maybe they can have the impression that, oh, wait, that's Floyd, like, you know, doing these exhibitions and he doesn't look the same as he did fifteen years ago. You know, he's not the invincible Floyd. So people will have that impression, you know, and so maybe that that'll kind of stick with him for a while. But his career inside the ring as a professional, he's going to be one of the all time greats.
Speaker 3: I love the part of the doc.
Speaker 6: I can't remember who you were fighting, but is when you were talking about it was issued with your first wife and you were fighting, and that's when you said you run from all your problems. But they did it to where it's like not the correlation between what's happening in the ring and what's happening in your real life. But do you still run from all your problems?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 12: No, I face the head on, man, I face them head on. I've never been so free in my life, you know. And it took it took fifty years, man, it took fifty years to just come out with the truth, you know, and tell the story my way, you know, the real way. Yeah, it's it's it's it's never too late, I think, you know, and I can finally. I mean, I have like two three years of sleeping great at night.
Speaker 2: For the first time in your life ever.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask, you know what, this documentary seemed like a lot of things you regret. You know, what's the biggest thing that you regret, Whether it's you know, the way you treated your wife, the way you treated family members, what's the biggest thing that you regret.
Speaker 12: I think the only regret I have is like not being there for my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of them, like three of them, you didn't even know you had well two.
Speaker 12: Right, No, I mean eventually, you know, the news came out and that's how I found out, right, But not having a relationship like for a few years when there were kids. That's that's the one part I most regret, you know. I mean, I can't, I can't take it back. But you know, now it's still a work in progress. I'm not I'm not like you know, super father now, I'm what's a relationship with them?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Do y'all speak? Y'all cool or we're all good?
Speaker 12: We're all good. I mean, you know, I love them every time I see him where we whenever we hang out, we're like, we're like family obviously, but but there's still that little reserve, you know, energy. You know that it's like, oh man, you know you weren't there for me. You know, kids never forget.
Speaker 1: They never forget most of the moment that you had to fix up, right, because we've seen the drugs, you talk about, the substance abuse. We've seen the charges brought against you. When was the moment that you were like, I have to change, man, I.
Speaker 12: Don't know the specific time and they but yeah, a long time ago, years ago. But I couldn't. I didn't know how. I wasn't ready, you know, And that's I think that's the word. I wasn't ready. I think my destiny was to be ready just literally a couple of years ago. You know, I just wasn't ready. I didn't know how to be ready.
Speaker 2: It's like I was.
Speaker 12: I don't know if you call it a lake bloomer or whatever you might call it, but it's I.
Speaker 2: Just was not ready. All Right, we got moment Oscar Hooya when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning documentary.
Speaker 6: But now, I said that when y'all started Golden Boy, you didn't want to become what you despot. Do you think Golden Boys did become with fighters, because right now y'all assuming Ryan go to see.
Speaker 12: You, No, we don't. We didn't. We didn't become uh we're sticking to our to our word. I mean, we didn't become the don kings of this world. You know, we're we treat fighters fair. You know what's happening now with fighters is that everybody wants to become a businessman. Everybody wants all fighters want to think that they they're in charge of their career outside the ring. Like you have to focus inside the ring, but it's like and you need the necessary people, the smart people outside the ring, and a lot of these fighters they think instantly that promoters are at fault. And it's not like that. I mean, not with us. I mean we're you know, Bernard Hopkins and myself, we were We're real, man, We're we treat fighters with respect. We treat fighters, you know, we fairly. You know, We're just we work for the fighter, that's what we do. And a lot of these fighters they think that they always deserve more.
Speaker 6: When all those fighters earning I mean learning early, what y'all learned late because you didn't, I.
Speaker 12: Hope, So yeah, I hope. So look, I mean, who what better person than me to to to mentor these kids, you know, and I whatever kid wants to like ask me questions, I'm I'm there. I'm there to to guide them and to help them, to give them some advice if they ask me, because I can't go and like preach to them, Okay you got to do this, this, this, and that they're not gonna listen. But if they come to me and they asked me, then I'm more than happy to tell them.
Speaker 6: That kind of contradicted you just said, though, cause you sound like you were a little upset that these kids want to have more control over their career.
Speaker 12: It's I mean it's it's it's not not how should I say, it's not control, it's they just don't know the business. So they asked for way more than what is like what is what is there?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 12: And in the pot I encourage them to learn the business. We actually encourage We tell them everything, We sit them down in the numbers and this and that. But you you do need somebody who's smart, somebody who who can focus on the business alone in your team. And the fighter should should be the fighter, you know, should that's your job, you know. And so fighters today they just want to like they don't know the business. And so that's when it gets a little you know.
Speaker 6: You think y'all can still have a good relationship with someone like a Ryan go see you me and that, y'all y'all are suing him right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 12: We are suing him, you know, to honor his contract. That's basically. It's like, and that's what I'm saying about these kids now. It's like they don't really understand contracts and this and that, and it's like, we have a solid contract that you just have to honor. That's it. I sued you because just to let you know, that you have to honor your contract. I didn't sue you for anything else. I just suit you for just to honor your contract.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to get no more extra money, no, no, no, no, not at all, just to honor your deal.
Speaker 6: I was a fighter focused like that, Okay, I can Ryan focus like I gotta go out here and fight with this guy.
Speaker 2: I don't even really want to fight.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, look literally, because I like Ryan Man, you know, and I took him under my wing and everything, and you know, and then he grew to this, you know, to to a different level, you know, and he has his own people and this and that, and it hurts, you know, it hurts because you take you take, you take a kid like Ryan, and you want to mentor him, and you want to you know, teach him the ropes, and then and then this happens. Yeah, I think I think you can, you know, forgive and forget, you.
Speaker 6: Know, I guess, you know, you think you could have showed Ryan go see him more grace after he has lost the tank, because you kind of you lost Renaud Hawkin kind of the same way body shot. Yeah, you know, you feel like you could have showed him a little more grace after that lost.
Speaker 12: I I really don't understand like that. I've been there for him all all along, you know, I was there for him the whole week of Vegas this and that. If you would have I don't know if you were there, but if you would have been there at the fight, it was crazy. It was nuts. I mean, people, I've never seen anything like it. It was I mean, I think the arena was overflowed by like three thousand people.
Speaker 2: It was just nuts.
Speaker 12: People's standing standing room only. It was I've never seen anything like it. And so after after the fight and walking down with my security guards and they were just like sardines, just trying to get out, and I hear this voice like, hey, you know, watch watch your back. You know it's gonna happen tonight. And and and right away I just patnic like, oh, I just got threatens. So I told Hopkins, you go take care of you know. So he went to Ryan's locker room, and then all my executives were at Ryan's locker room afterwards, and they were even on stage with him after the fight. And but the fact that I wasn't, you know, and now I'm the bad guy, you know, I was just trying to get out of there, because when you get something like that in your ear, I had no clue who it was because I'm looking around so many people.
Speaker 2: I just told my.
Speaker 12: Security guy, hey, let's let's let's get.
Speaker 2: Out of here.
Speaker 3: So you would have left even if Ryan would have won.
Speaker 12: If they told me that, yeah, I would have.
Speaker 2: I had to. And you had that conversation with Ryan, he understood that.
Speaker 12: I don't think he knows.
Speaker 2: But what is boxing missing?
Speaker 6: Because it feels like they're great fighters, but no stars and no top notch promotion like when they had top notch promotion for you and may Weather.
Speaker 3: What do you think is missing?
Speaker 12: I think it's uh. I think if HBO twenty four seven comes back, you know, would be would be a positive for the sport. But I really do think that there's there's there's an overflow of too much talent, you know. So yeah, it's crazy. Really there's a lot of talent out there now, but so we don't have enough spots on TV to showcase all this talent to have a consistency. You know, fighters are now fighting once a year. You have this Crawford Spence fight coming up, I mean mega fight, yeah, yeah, No, it's a mega it should be a mega fight. But it's like the casual fan or like doesn't really know who they are. Us boxing fans know, and it's gonna be a big fight. It's gonna be a big event, but it's not like a de la Joya Mayweather. You know, where you had twenty four to seven HBO and the casual fans knew outside of boxing who we were.
Speaker 3: They have a show, it's not twenty four seven.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they have it on All Access. I think on Showtime. Yeah, Showtime has been doing a great job. Yeah, by the way, but but it's there's too much a lot of talent, a lot of fighters, and all these fighters are just fighting once or twice a year, so you can't get the exposure. You can't get the rhythm going, you know. You know in the ring, you you fight once a year and it's like and you take a break for ten months, like, you know, you got to be consistent. Boxes.
Speaker 6: Who you got Spencer Crawford, I got I got Crawford. Yeah, I got Crawford.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think he's a little more elusive. I think, I mean Spence is amazing. I promoted him for most of his career. But he's he's I thought he was gonna be the next gra Gary Leonard, but I got Crawford. He's more elusive, he throws more combinations, he has better footwork, but who knows. I mean, you never know in boxing Spence.
Speaker 6: You don't think Spence is too naturally just naturally big. He's strong, he's a big kid. Yeah, he's a big kid. But I just think that that Spence just is too robotic.
Speaker 12: He throws. When he catches you, he'll catch you and he'll knock you out. I just think Crawford is a little more you know, he can move around a little more and and you know, dodge the punches. But if he gets tired and Spence catches him, he's he's gonna go out.
Speaker 3: Decision knockout?
Speaker 2: What you I think knockout?
Speaker 12: If if Spence catchiesm he will knock out Crawford. But Crawford, I think decision, Yeah, I think decision.
Speaker 3: Did you really want to die in the ring? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah in that fight. When I was looking back, I've never seen the Pacao fight ever since I fought him. And when they showed me the documentary, when the final product was I was like Yeah, at that moment, I was hoping that package would land the perfect punch.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 12: And that's the third time I think about like suicide, you know, like wanting to just make everything disappear.
Speaker 2: You know what was the other other two times that make you feel of it?
Speaker 12: One time I was like twenty four. I had bought like this new Ferrari and I was driving down the freeway two in the morning drinking. I was driving like one seventy five, and I was hoping that I would just that something would happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what got you to this clarity?
Speaker 2: Was it therapy? Was it?
Speaker 12: I think I think, uh yeah, I mean it has everything to do with it, all this therapy, rehab, this that I think it was just time. It was just time. I mean I've done a lot of work for my life, man, for me, and uh, you know, it just it just kind of like it fell into place. That's it. It's like I'm right there, I'm I can see everything clear now.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 12: It's crazy, It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Were we appreciate you for joining us The Golden Boy two part documentary.
Speaker 3: When did it come out?
Speaker 12: We got screened July twenty four, part series, Yeah, ninety minutes each, that's right, or I listen the Breakfast Club, good morning, owing everybody to see j n V Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Our co host Lisia Renee is in the rumors names or you've gossip been chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess We're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: This is where the tea spills right right now to talk about it.
Speaker 2: A video was released last night of Alisha Renee and.
Speaker 1: Just joking audio audio audio release this morning of Alicia Renee.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about you have a project that's coming out today, Unleash for Love.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Unleashed for Love and who's on at the cast and all the good things that's part of it. What's an audible thing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Unleash for Love is an original audible experience.
Speaker 7: That's what we're calling it, right experience?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 8: Executive produced by Kevin Hart Charlemagne the God. Oh can I add myself in there too, since I'm an executive producer. Absolutely, an executive produced by me, Serita.
Speaker 7: West, Created by you and sa Well, thank.
Speaker 8: You, Created by me, myself and Serita West, shout out to Serena Wesley. Yeah, it stars pretty v Logan Browning, Lamar Morris, jas mcguy Coadeine Hardison, Charlemagne, Nina Parker.
Speaker 7: Just hilarious. I mean, just to name a few. It's a romantic comedy, which.
Speaker 3: I think we need more of them.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 7: My God, did you see like speak?
Speaker 8: Oh no, I can't talk about that sex standing with my union, but yeah, no, it's a romantic comedy just about a woman who is trying to figure it out how she can have it all, love, career life.
Speaker 2: That was very personal.
Speaker 7: That I rolled that I'm about to give you.
Speaker 8: Don't put my business out here in these streets now, No it is. I mean, it's loosely based off of my crap show of a dating life.
Speaker 2: Oh are you dating somebody now?
Speaker 8: Myself and sweet Jesus waiting on him to take his foot off the back of my neck and send me a good man.
Speaker 7: But I digress, Jesus down, that's the devil. No, I'm just playing.
Speaker 8: No, No, I'm enjoying myself out here. It would be great to be in something something real. But in the meantime, Unleash for Love was just a beautiful project. That I created, like I said, with one of my close girlfriends, and it's just it's it's it's an everyday experience that every person, not even just women, can relate to because we all want to know how we can have it all. And Alicia is surrounded by amazing friends that help her figure that out. So you know, it's a show within a show. It's a reality show within a show. And eight episodes, correct, eight episodes and you got.
Speaker 6: Jasmine, Guy and Caad deemed hardest and playing your parents. I know, Lord Mercy, if we're never amazing like in parents in real life, No, I love my parents, he said.
Speaker 8: I met like I was trying to make the connection between like a different world, you know what I mean, Like if I were Dwayne and Whitley's baby.
Speaker 3: I can see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely yes. But it's on Audible right now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So if you have Audible, if you have an Audible account, Audible subscription, you can listen to Unleash for Love on Audible Love right now.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm very proud of us because at the end of the day, I mean, it took us seven years to create it, sell it, and it's just one of those situations where when everyone else is telling you know, like if you tell yourself, yes, figure it out, and you're surrounded by amazing people who believe in you.
Speaker 7: One day, you know, so today's premiere day. You know, thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 12: So congratulations.
Speaker 2: Now it says it's not a podcast? Why why why is it so that's so highlight.
Speaker 3: Because it's an audio scripted original. Is talking to you comedy like listening to a television show head for I'm just saying you old enough to remember when Kung Fu Flicks used to be on the radio, Remember when Batman used to be on the radio, and it was like boom, it's that yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 6: It's mad people out there that listen to audio scripted originals. You know, Seia was a big audio scripted original. Finding to me was homecoming, you know, Finding to me it was a big audio scripted original. Fan Man Sandman Batman too, really yeah, Batman.
Speaker 3: They had a Winston Duke was starring Ugh Batman.
Speaker 7: It's one of those.
Speaker 8: Situations where you know, I was it was very fortunate to partner with Audible my first time, you know, creating a project. You know, like I said, it felt really good to be in a position of like not asking for someone to give me a job, right, and to be able to employ like a lot of my friends who just needed a yes and you know, needed an open door. And you know, to have someone as great as shar you know, backing us up and Kevin Hart, you know, was like one of the best to do it in comedy.
Speaker 1: It is just my god, ask you so it's out today we're talking to Alicia Renee. She has a project out on Audible. It's called Unleash for Love. Now, before I ask you, how was it working with people shorter than you? I want to know when you're talking about loosely based, talking about Kevin, talking about you, when we're talking about loosely based on your life, what made you want to, you know, give a little give a little bit of your life to people.
Speaker 7: Because you know what, I feel like we've all been in this well. First of all, there are a lot of.
Speaker 8: Little moments within Unleash for Love that every woman will be able to relate to. Right, Like, there's this guy that I used to talk to and his name was Canada.
Speaker 3: That's real name.
Speaker 7: None, no, no, no, he doesn't deserve his real name.
Speaker 2: Damn it man.
Speaker 7: He was called Canada. Well, he had one job. He wasn't doing that job.
Speaker 2: Jesus chriss, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 8: He's supposed to drop things off that didn't get dropped off, you know, so when you're no longer doing your job.
Speaker 7: You could just exit stage left.
Speaker 8: But you know, we all have those guys or you know whatever that we're entertained and we give them an alternate name until the deserving of their government name.
Speaker 7: We all have bad.
Speaker 8: Relationship experiences, and you know, it's really challenging dating in LA. I lived in uh New York as you know, you both know. I mean, yeah, we were neighbors Melrol's place, lived in the same apartment complex down the hall. Yeah, yeah, for seven years. And it was challenging dating here. So I figured, why not just take all of these situations that brought me various levels of pain and you know, create something that people can laugh at that pain.
Speaker 7: Kevin, did you see what I did there?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 6: And question it's semi fictional, right, And so it's about you, the things that you and your mutual girlfriends have experienced. Did you have did you tell any real stories? We have to tell some of your homegirls, like, look, I'm gonna tell you this real story.
Speaker 2: Use your name.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, Well, Serena and I used a lot of our own personal dating experiences, like the very first one, I'm on a date, spake corton place, uh the yeah who yeah, shout out to spank who runs out on the bill. But it didn't go exactly how it's written here, like how it was written here. We were almost to the end of the finish line, and you know, I left to go to the bathroom because you know, as women, we want to freshen up. If we feel like the night is going to lead to something else, that's it. And I come out he's gone. But I assume that maybe he went to the restroom as well. Right, So you're sitting there waiting for a good country ass forty five and wait, and you thought maybe he had to do a number two. I'm just waiting.
Speaker 7: I'm just hey, wait, well, I'm not thinking that he has his phone on his person. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I'm just sitting there and I'm waiting and waiting and a waiting, And when the waitress comes, so she's like, well, you know, I'm getting ready to leave.
Speaker 7: I'd like to close you out.
Speaker 2: The restaurant's about the clothes man, may.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you see these plates that were stacking up, and that's how I found out that he yeah, ran out.
Speaker 2: How much is the bill that much? It was a nice restaurant.
Speaker 7: How much it was a really nice restaurant, and it was in New York. It was when I still lived out here.
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 3: Was it a good?
Speaker 7: Almost three hundred?
Speaker 2: The clues bars for that. Don't take that, take that bomb back, take that bomb back? Christ all right?
Speaker 7: So yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: We called it, you know how.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. I said, why don't you issue him now?
Speaker 1: She says, you know how, I'm going to issue on him at how Audible for love right, We'll definitely check it out again. It's on Audible eight episodes. Alicia Renee, she's here, She's.
Speaker 6: Starts pretty v Logan Browning Lemore and Morris Jasmine Guy could deem hardest hilarious, just hilarious. Nina Parker, Porsche Williams is on it.
Speaker 2: Just Brian is on it. So make sure naim Lynn, so go go check that out Audible right now.
Speaker 7: Executive produced by Kevin Hard and Charlotte and the Gun.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the smallest executive producer list.
Speaker 6: That's the name of the production company, Short Black and Handsome Productions Short.
Speaker 8: I remember what he told me that I called him on the scientific He said, uh, I said, bro, what's what does SBA stand for?
Speaker 2: This should be obvious.
Speaker 7: S're black and handsome. I said, my god, good days.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the handsome part, but anyway, all right, well, you're right.
Speaker 6: Fine might be a better word. No, mm hmm, may get mistaken, man. He said that himself. If y'all can never steal your line, you can never break my just might as well just called a tall white and that you want to line the whole way.
Speaker 2: What do I look like? I look like? You said?
Speaker 6: I just said, you can't break muscle? So you said when you squinch your eyes and turn the lights down? And who you said, she look like dollarstor.
Speaker 7: Version of who you can't said, the Walmart version of.
Speaker 3: Muscle Matthew and Tina.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is gracious. You gotta let that hurt go.
Speaker 8: We gotta let right, I'm gonna let I'm gonna hold on to it like this poor lash of mine is hanging on for your life exactly how I'm a hold.
Speaker 12: On Charla Mane.
Speaker 7: Where you give me that donkey too?
Speaker 6: Man Man, I hate to uh, I hate to have to do this, but uh yeah, Cary Russell, I think she needs to come in the front of congregation.
Speaker 3: We like to have a word with him.
Speaker 7: I felt that in my spirit, and I felt that was coming.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll get to that. Next, it's to Breakfast Local Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 21: Our Audible pick of the Day is Breakthrough, the first ever audio only singing competition featuring celebrity judges Kelly Rowland and Sarah Barrellis would host the v Diggs listen on audible dot com slash break Donkey up to Day.
Speaker 12: Damn he hogged.
Speaker 2: It's time the donkey, I mean trying to beat donkey today.
Speaker 8: No more.
Speaker 6: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 7: Days called Donkey of the Day and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: Damned Charlamagne.
Speaker 16: Who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 6: Well, Jesse hilarious Donkey to Day for Thursday, July twenty of course, to Carlie Russell. I didn't know if I was gonna give her a donkey of the day to day because I was like, it may be too early to call this fight. And nothing official has come out yet that she may not be telling the truth. But it seems that doubt has been cast on her story. Now maybe you have no idea about the story of Carl Russell. Let me refresh your memory. Let's go to WVTM News Channel thirteen for the original report.
Speaker 2: Please in her.
Speaker 19: Search tonight for Carly Russell, the twenty five year olds vanishing last night along Interstate four fifty nine in Hoover.
Speaker 20: The search is starting immediately last night and continuing into today.
Speaker 2: Right now, a twenty five thousand dollars reward is being offered. Carly's mom and dad holding out hope knowing their daughter is a fighter.
Speaker 11: It's the chance for her to put up a fight to try to save her life.
Speaker 2: She's gonna do everything she can to put up a fight.
Speaker 7: I can't imagine what they're going through right now. And Lisa, what do we know about this case.
Speaker 1: And how it all unfolded.
Speaker 20: Well, we know twenty five year old carl Russell called nine one one night at about nine to thirty. She had left work was on her way home. She said there was a toddler walking alone on the side of four point fifty nine. She hung up with nine one one and then she called a relative. Now, at that point, we believe that she got out of her car to check on the child, thinking that police would be there at any time. Her relatives said she heard Carly's scream and then while I seeing Carly dropped her phone. The connection continued when police arrived. They found Carly's vehicle, her cell phone, and personal autumns, but no Carly and no child.
Speaker 2: That was the story young woman in Alabama went missing.
Speaker 3: I heard the story. I didn't look into the details. I just started.
Speaker 6: A young woman went missing in Alabama after stopping to help a toddler on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: I reposted it in my Instagram story.
Speaker 6: That's the least I could do, because the reality is I wasn't reposting it because that was an isolated incident, Okay, I were reposting my story any case of a missing black woman a child, because the reality. According to the Black and Missing Foundation, nearly forty percent of missing people in America are of black women and black children are people of color? Right, you can go to black and Missing ink dot com to see the disparity itself. If it was damn near six hundred thousand missing people in twenty twenty two, fifty seven percent were white, including Hispanic, thirty nine percent were minority. So once again, almost forty percent of missing persons of people of color, but we only make up thirteen percent of the population. And these stories don't ever get the proper media coverage. Okay, it's almost like out of sight, out of mind. Most people don't even know the epidemic that is missing black women and children in this country. So when something like Karl Russell comes across my timeline, of course I'm going to repost it, and then you know, you start seeing all the back and forth. People believe her, people don't believe her. Personally, I wasn't on either side because whatever it was gonna be, it was gonna be. And all you gotta do is wait a minute, and you gonna see. Okay, that minute is upon us. And as my good sister a Lisha, and they says everything what leash.
Speaker 7: Comes out in the wash and the rents.
Speaker 2: That's right, and the milk is what not clean?
Speaker 7: Baby ain' clean?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Fox five News for the report polease.
Speaker 12: Following breaking news out of Alabama, Tonight on Fox five News at five, we're learning more about the disappearance of Carly Russell.
Speaker 19: Police officers in Alabama say Russell called nine one one last Thursday. They say that she was calling to report a child wandering off the interstate. Two days later, after a massive search, she returned home. Officers say before she disappeared, Russell took a robe and toilet paper from her job. She then grabbed food, got on the interstate, and called nine one one. Police say they also found several suspicious searches on her.
Speaker 9: Phone on July eleventh at seven thirty am. The term you have to pay for an amber alert was searched on July thirteenth at one oh three am, the day of her disappearance. The term how to take money from a register without being caught was searched on July thirteenth at to thirteen am, the day of her disappearance. The term Birmingham bus station was searched on July thirteenth, two thirty five am. A search for a one way bus ticket from Birminghamton Nashville was conducted with a departure date of July thirteenth.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, Nigga's going nigg Now.
Speaker 6: Look, they haven't officially said you live all right, but there's a lot of doubt on her story. See, some people study from the Old Testament, some people study from the Lebron James version of the Bible. But instead of scripture, Carley clearly has been reading from the self help book of that French actor Juicy Smooth. Okay, it's almost like she thought this through, but not really, because it don't take the Scooby Doo gang to figure out she probably set this up herself. Right, we've all watched too many episodes of CSI Law and Order. I mean, damn, you got digital detectives, the Instagram pis of the world. They all knew this wasn't adding up all right. First of all, why do y'all keep using Google as an accomplished That's what I would like to know, all right.
Speaker 3: This is why we need Google to be AI and have like a mind of its own.
Speaker 6: And when you search certain things, Google should simply be able to ask you why. See sometimes that why snaps you back to reality. We got to think about some of these questions. We asked Google and ask ourselves how would this sound if I was asking a human, not just any human, but a human that you know always keeps it hundred with you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: If anybody came up to me and asked me, do you have to pay for an am butler? Just they got that question would sound to you?
Speaker 6: If someone asked you immediately, you would be suspicious and be like why.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, it wouldn't even be a wi from me.
Speaker 6: My reply would be, I don't know why you asked me that, but whatever you planning on doing, don't do it, okay, I'm serious. Whatever you're searching Google, ask yourself how would this sound if I asked it out loud?
Speaker 3: Would you ask a.
Speaker 6: Room, hey, man, how do you take money from a cast register without being caught? That right there would prompt at least one person in the room to say, who's man?
Speaker 2: This is this?
Speaker 3: Okay? Please check them for a y or an airpiece. Carly, if you don't sit your stupid ass down somewhere, that's why you run things by people and not Google.
Speaker 6: Use Google after you run it by people. I'm not even gonna get into the movie she was searching. You really gonna search taking and then allegedly faking abduction. Really, okay, I'll tell you some other movies that she should have been searching that she can relate to.
Speaker 2: I got a list.
Speaker 6: Dumb and Dumble, Dumb and Dumber two ridiculousness. That's a good TV show. Stupid is it? Stupid? Does wilding out because she was wilding? Okay, a stupid idea, that's a good flick.
Speaker 3: These are all rule real.
Speaker 6: Movies and TV shows. By the way, this fool that was on Hulu, Okay, what you think she at home googling? Now caught Mardia goes to jail. Orange is the new black life. I'm just saying. I saw the good brother Roy Woods make a great point yesterday and he said, get your jokes off, or be careful with the outrage, because you're dealing with a sovereign court system that loves to make an example a lot of black folks, and that girl know she lying will turn into damn. They really gave her five years just that fast. Now, Look, Carli probably lied, but don't let that distract us from the fact that hundreds of thousands of Black women and children are really missing in this country. I don't know why the Carli story caught fire on social media the way they did, and the others don't. I don't know y'all throwing all these conspiracies out there, or ask yourself how come this story blew up? But other stories of missing black women and children don't real stories of missing black women and children. Don't you think Carli was the only black woman who went missing this weekend? And just our luck, the one story everyone gravitated to is the fake one.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Doesn't feel right to me, but don't let that ever discourage you from raising awareness to the epidemic that is missing black women and children in this country. Forty percent of missing people in this country.
Speaker 2: Are colored, all right.
Speaker 6: I don't want to hear people say, see, Carly and false claims are the reason they don't take missing black people serious.
Speaker 3: Malarkey.
Speaker 6: They wasn't taking us serious before this. I don't want to hear y'all say, see, they wasted the police officer's time.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't. Police were doing their job.
Speaker 6: They get paid to investigate, and they have to investigate all cases regardless if.
Speaker 3: They are believable or not. That's their job. That's what taxpayers dollars go to.
Speaker 6: So don't get caught up and anyone trying to blame Kari for why they don't take the cases of missing Black women and children serious, because they wasn't taking these cases serious to begin with.
Speaker 3: They don't really look for us, they don't contribute resources to looking for us.
Speaker 6: Hell, they couldn't even find Calli and she wasn't even really missing allegedly, So that lets you know how unseerious they are about the epidemic that is missing Black women and children in this country. If you are using this Carlie Russell's story to say, see this is why I don't get involved in the conversation around missing Black women and children in this country, you're lying.
Speaker 3: You never cared to begin with. Please let remy ma give Carley Russell the biggest he huh.
Speaker 7: Hee ha he ha, stupid mother, Are you dumb?
Speaker 2: Alight?
Speaker 5: Lord?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that, donkey. Today we got to say, aboye the b E T P B T B E T all right, everybody else, let's go to the let's go to court, let's go to people's torch Breakfast Court.
Speaker 3: The court of public opinion been wide open on it. It's a fact.
Speaker 8: I gotta exhibit ABC dn E. We wanted to believe because she left her wig and her phone.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. Let's open up the phone line.
Speaker 7: You don't separate a black woman from her wigs.
Speaker 1: Come on, eight hundred five five one oh five one. What is your opinion? This is Breakfast Club Court.
Speaker 2: Do you believe?
Speaker 1: Do you believe it's something else? Is some conspiracy like for they just said no black women gonna leave a wig?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does feel.
Speaker 6: Strange though that this is the story that caught fire, Like you mean to tell me all the missing black women and children, that all women and children that missing in this country.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure that there were black women and you're missing this weekend. But this is your game, fake story, one story of the one everybody gravitated through. That kind of strange y'all.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about it. Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. Will take your calls when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Bring everybody is CEEJ Energy Charlomagne the God we are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Alicia Renee Hill.
Speaker 7: I would like to be known as executive producer Alisha Renee.
Speaker 1: Oh big, executive producer Alicia Renee if you don't know. She has something special on Audible that came out today is called Unleash for Love and we want you guys to go check it out. It's eight episodes. But right now, Charlemagne gave Donkey of the Day to who Charlemagne.
Speaker 6: Collie Russell hasn't been confirmed that you know, she's not telling the truth, but there's been a lot of doubt cast on her story. You know, the story of her being abducted, right, I mean, I don't know no matter of fact, that's not her story. That's the story that was out there that she possibly was abducted.
Speaker 2: She saw a.
Speaker 6: Baby on the side of the road, and then she was on the phone with somebody and they heard her as the baby are you okay? They never heard the baby, and then they heard her scream and then she went missing for forty eight hours.
Speaker 8: But the big thing behind it was because a lot of those tricks tactics are used to traffic humans, more specifically women of color.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're asking eight hundred and five A five one oh five one, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Let's ask you Lisha, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 7: I mean I said it before.
Speaker 8: I know I said it jokingly, But there are certain things that you know when you hear it, it's like, oh, that wouldn't we wouldn't do that unless it was true, or that wouldn't happen unless it was true. Sadly, because I know how much squirrels cost. If I hear a squirrel that's left by the wayside, I'm thinking, I.
Speaker 2: Tell my wigs yeahs yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I'm going down with a fight with my wig.
Speaker 1: But you know the reason I thought it was sounded a little fish she was when she said she's seen a toddler walking down the side of a highway.
Speaker 2: White baby right on the side of a highway. And the thing is, if it was a random.
Speaker 1: Street or off street or suburb street, but not too many people drive by, I would be like, Okay, maybe possible. When we talk about a highway and they showed they showed the footage of the cars jetting by and no body else seen this baby.
Speaker 2: No, I must have from the footage a loan.
Speaker 1: I must have seen forty fifty costs y'all buy and not one other persons seeing a baby walking down the side of the NBA.
Speaker 8: I think her mother did say that someone in an eighteen wheelers, just a random someone in an eighteen whelers reported seeing a baby on the outside of her I just do want to add that in there. So they did, okay, but that's what I'm saying. I think that came from her mother.
Speaker 7: So you just never know.
Speaker 8: I mean, a parent is going to do what a parent is going to do, even if their child is in the wrong. You know how we are in our community. You know that's my baby. They can do no wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The only thing, I mean, all of that did sound strange. What I still find strange right now is that, you know, I just wonder why certain cases get the attention that they get, because, as I said during Donkey of the Day, hundreds of thousands of you know, people are reported missing. Forty percent of them are are people of color. You mean to tell me that she's the only woman of color that went missing this weekend, No, my mind, I just comments tells me that's not the case.
Speaker 3: But how come just our luck the one person everybody decides to put attention on is the person that's probably faking.
Speaker 7: But you know, we didn't what about the point that test met.
Speaker 8: Can we bring that up when she mentioned class like, class is also a factor, right when you have someone from a certain socio.
Speaker 7: Economic you know, uh, environment background. Yeah, obviously people will give that more attention.
Speaker 1: I've seen, but I've seen a lot of people talking about the case because they were comparing it to the submersible, right saying, why was all this press on the submersible and not on the five and people really pushing that class right way.
Speaker 7: That's class a billionaire.
Speaker 8: It's it's the submersibles filled with the million the millionaires and the billionaires.
Speaker 7: I was getting there, the millionaires and the billionaires.
Speaker 8: And then that same week, though, there was a ship I want to say it was like off the coast of Greece somewhere, and it was like three.
Speaker 7: Hundred three hundred of color who are no longer with us and nobody not a single thing.
Speaker 2: But let's go to the phone.
Speaker 7: Class, so class and race.
Speaker 12: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 9: Her?
Speaker 15: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Kay, good morning? What's your feeling? What's your thought?
Speaker 3: Every kiss begins with Kay.
Speaker 14: So I just think that she used the unfortunate truth that America doesn't really care about missing black women to pull off this hopes, and she didn't think that people really were going to be out there looking for her like that. So she's like, oh, crap, I need to reappear the.
Speaker 6: Type of way, Kay, is a great point that you think about that, Like she like what K said makes all the sense in the world. Wow, she knew that they probably weren't going to really look for her because she's a black woman.
Speaker 3: And then she realized, wait a minute, they are. They are looking for me. Let me take my back home.
Speaker 13: Hello, there's Ring the truck driver.
Speaker 11: Good morning, girls, the trunk driver.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What's your thoughts, Mama?
Speaker 15: I think she is why.
Speaker 9: And you know what what, I don't want her in jail though.
Speaker 13: I think she got some good women and mentally, but Charlamagne, don't you say no, everybody means pens and they just need some like mental hoth facility.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 6: I agree with you, but you know you're talking about what I want versus the reality of the situation. The reality is she's a black woman in Alabama, and then that legal system probably gonna make an example out of her if they find out that she was really lunched.
Speaker 1: Right exact, eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one, just opening up their phone lines. I'll be in breakfast Club court. Alsia Renew, our guest co host, is here, so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody at cej NV, Charlamagne, the gud We are the breakfast club Nowhew just joining us. Alicia Renee is here. She's our guest co host. She has something special on Audible today. It's called Unleash for Love.
Speaker 2: Go check that out.
Speaker 1: You should definitely check it out. Eight episodes. But right now we're in breakfast Club Court. We're talking about Harley.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne gave her a donkey today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I gave Cary Russell donkey today. I didn't know if this fight was too early to call, but it seems that a lot of doubt has been cast on her story, so I gave her a donkey to day day.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this stormy storm? Good morning? What's your thought?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 15: So, Condy like she had some mental illness. I feel like she did something. She's craving attention and acknowledgement. Like some people take their death and people wild comes to their funeral and to see that she was loved and stuff like that. But this this wasn't a way because now she hates you know, potentially takes the prison time as well as Oh, the judges definitely gonna make her pay restution, even though it's the officers gove to investigate, but they're gonna say, you need use those resources. So therefore they will charge her restitution and you know by being house down when it's gonna be in placed. So she she looking at probably like a two hundred and six thousand dollars bill.
Speaker 3: That she can't pay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we also got to stop blaming this on mental illness. Some people just make poor choices. Yeah, fact, everything ain't mental illness. Everybody ain't you know, dealing with any type of mental illness and any mental health issues.
Speaker 3: Some people just make poor.
Speaker 1: Choices, right, But you do, you know, you do need punishment, right and although it's a sad situation, we honestly don't know what happened. I think for all these situations, people who need some type of punishment because if there is no punishment, people continue to do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but here's the thing. Why does the punishment have to start with us in our community?
Speaker 2: No, it's nothing.
Speaker 8: I agree with you, Yeah it say what I'm saying like there, I think someone bought it up earlier. I don't remember who, but you know the white women that always call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I brought it up early.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's not fair that the white women or called police on somebody, right, and they get no jail time or anything on, no restitution, but in this case they do. But I also feel like, I feel like all those white women that call the police falsely on black people should have to go to jail.
Speaker 2: And the and the reason being is because there is no punishment. If there's punishment, if one person gets locked up, yet the next person be like, you know what, I ain't called on police.
Speaker 7: I'm not negating that. My bone is, why does it always have to start with us?
Speaker 8: Because I do believe, like what shar was saying, she's in the southern state, nine times out of tenth they're going to try to make an example out of her.
Speaker 7: So it's going to start on our watch.
Speaker 8: But you're not going to keep that same energy though, if this time next week, some Karen calls and says that you know, such and such try to kidnap her.
Speaker 7: Some person of color tried to kidnap her.
Speaker 2: But this country never has And y'all are talking like America is fair. It never has been.
Speaker 6: And that's why we're always out here fighting for equality. There is no double standard when it comes to black and white people. There's a standard, and that standard is whiteness.
Speaker 3: Malcolm X once said one time, we're like, there's no such thing as a second class citizen.
Speaker 6: You're either treated like a citizen or you're not. We're not second class citizens. You're either treated like a citizen.
Speaker 2: Or you're not.
Speaker 3: And that's just that's just what it is when and when it comes to black and white.
Speaker 7: And I give a little pushback on that, you're not wrong.
Speaker 8: But the challenge is is that we hold our when something like this happens, more specifically within our community, because we're instinctively like, Okay, well, this person is going to keep everyone else from believing the next black person or whatever whenever they're kidnapped.
Speaker 7: So we're like, there has to be some accountability.
Speaker 8: The white people will always say, I don't want to keep making it white people, but people outside of our race will always say yes, there needs to be some accountability, so we're getting double accountability. But nothing happens to anyone outside.
Speaker 6: Of our All we can do with me, All we can do is meme and make Jose see mad memes y. Today, the legal system in Alabama can really hold her. Yes, question, is Beyonce coming to Alabama anytime so she can't go? Well, she did all this for Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Shut up, man, what do you mean is that the experience? I feel bad they can find to invite her to the shopping man?
Speaker 3: Look up this tour schedule. Look up to Beyonce tours beyond coming Alabama any get you look it up? Please?
Speaker 7: Are we still in the people's court?
Speaker 3: I'm just asking. I just need I promise.
Speaker 2: Is she coming to Alabama? And Beyonce in Alabama entertaining that? Yeah, I just want to see.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you if she's coming to Alabama anytime soon? Man, I'm telling you she might have did all of this with Beyonce four days.
Speaker 1: Let me see when is she if she's coming to Alabama. I don't even know why I'm looking this out. I don't know why I'm wasting my time looking this up and let me.
Speaker 7: See her inside connect with in studio, says no, it's not happening.
Speaker 2: Coming to Alabama, no time. No, Chicago, Detroit, Louisville was last last week. It happened last week. She's coming to Saint Louis, Arizona, Vegas, anywhere near Louisville, Louisville. Okay, all right, never mine, that won't be an Alabama.
Speaker 7: You should have conferred with your person in the quarter.
Speaker 2: You don't know. I forgot what's the more? A little story, the moral.
Speaker 7: Little story. They'll leave you by the wayside, gonna tell on you every time.
Speaker 3: The moral of the story for me is man.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yes, this woman probably lied, but don't let us.
Speaker 6: Don't let that discribe us from the fact that hundreds of thousands of black women and children are really missing in this country, and that should not stop you from raising awdness to the fact that hundreds of thousands of black women and children are are missing in this in this country.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't want to say this, but people in Alabama might be listening for what one monkey. Don't stop, no show?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, when we come back, we got your room report we got to tell you about g Herbo and for next two.
Speaker 2: Times, y y'all are snorting, brother and sister. Y'all snow all the time. But something y'all's just y'all.
Speaker 1: You know what there's I'm never gonna get a man, Jesus Christ. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning Rooms it with next the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Really got to start recording the behind the scenes of the Breakfast Club because I just heard the most hilarious conspiracy theory. What if Colly Russell's boyfriend wanted her to get an abortion but she thought he said abduction.
Speaker 3: Okay, makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: Because she didn't know, so she had to google and find out perfect sent Oh my goodness, I mean that's perfect.
Speaker 7: If he sounds like me with a thick accent, I could see that makes perfect.
Speaker 2: So shout to Alisha Rene.
Speaker 1: She's our guest co host today and she wants the world to know that she has an audible project coming out today.
Speaker 2: It's Unleashed for Life, at least for Love.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, damn it Unleashed for Love.
Speaker 6: It's a romantic comedy on audible audio scripted original, a semi fictional story about Alicia and her mutual girlfriend's experiences with dating and other stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, and she and you know, wanted me to tell you guys that she's very smart, she's intelligent, she's a hard work because she's a business woman, trying.
Speaker 3: To sell off my sisters.
Speaker 7: No, but it's the fact that he said.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say, God.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I want to know that she's very smart, she's bright, she's educated, she's a great cooker, she's a business woman.
Speaker 2: Now you better than me. What do I tell you when you tell me?
Speaker 7: You man, you said you don't know anything.
Speaker 6: Boy, boy, you need to shut up. You need to shut up. This man tried to pronounce herfuffle and had a curfuffle. His whole mouth had a cuff. That was cool, crazy, you know what.
Speaker 2: I was going to be me. That's why, that's why I was gonna hit it.
Speaker 7: With those Let me tell you, Let me tell y'all something. You know who does not play about me?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's right. You see how you keep trying to claw me on the side.
Speaker 10: I'm not.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what I get. That's what I get. That that's what I get. That's thirteen years I ain't never heard you. Let that work.
Speaker 3: Producers, don't forget to find that word and clean it up.
Speaker 2: Kurt Fluffle, all right, let's get to the room is let's talk ge Herbal gossip.
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 11: This right right?
Speaker 2: Ah man, that's what I get alright now, ge Herbal, all right?
Speaker 1: You know, of course he's from Chicago, faces potentially years in prison after granted played guilty to federal fraud charges in Boston. So uh now this is for a federal wire charges allegations that accused him of still of using people stolen identities to fund private jets, a Jamaican villa, a designer puppy, and a host of others. So it looks like he might be having to do some jail time. The wire for account carries up to twenty years in prison.
Speaker 2: Go hard or go home.
Speaker 7: We at least he lived allegedly.
Speaker 2: So they're believe in that.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he will be getting a term of two to three years, but he could face up to twenty.
Speaker 7: Does he have to pay restitution?
Speaker 3: A lot of it?
Speaker 2: I didn't say, as he had we have a new story, his new story up there, not yet.
Speaker 6: Gia was a good brother man. I love his mental health advocacy. I don't know the full story. I don't even know how I missed that. Did he get arrested for that before something? This is a long time ago.
Speaker 12: He got arrested for that.
Speaker 2: This was like maybe three years ago.
Speaker 7: Boy, he found guilty because I'm saying allegedly.
Speaker 2: He played guilty. Oh man, he played guilty. Damn all right now for next two times.
Speaker 1: Of course, Memphis Rappers wanted by Houston Police Department for allegedly stealing a rental car. That's what the docs say, So they're looking for him as of right now. Now, let me tell you about this, what these rental car people are doing, and these rental car places are doing. Just so you know, if you rent a car and you have it for over thirty days and it's not returned even if you pay for it, they are filling out these PaperWorks that saying that the car is stolen. It's happened to actually two people that I actually know. Somebody had a call for over thirty days. He paid it, they took the money out, but I guess you have to bring it back and redo it, whatever it may be. And he got pulled over and he was arrested and locked up for it, and then when he got out he had to prove that he actually paid it and the charges would drop. But wouldn't you just go back to the rental car place and keep doing it because most people don't think about that. You just pay for the car, like you know, you have a rental call. You just paid weekly, or you pay monthly, or you pay whatever it is. But you don't think that you have to bring it back in thirty days and redo it. You just paid it and keep it moving.
Speaker 7: So they think they're scamming.
Speaker 2: No, people think that they are stealing the car.
Speaker 1: I guess it's something in the system that if the car is not if a car doesn't come back in a certain amount of time, but it automatically sends out.
Speaker 7: But do you have paperwork right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in their own name.
Speaker 3: You fill out all his paperwork to be stealing. Yeah, but you know what, don't happened before nas niggas, So you know they if these people thinking like I'm thinking, I'll always keep your gossip.
Speaker 1: Stay scamming, all right, Well that is your room or report. Tell him about Unleashed for love or more time it's out today?
Speaker 2: Tell at Least for Love is.
Speaker 8: An original audio experience executive produced by Kevin Hart, Charlemagne the God co created by myself and Sorita West, executive produced by US as well, starring Logan Browning, Pretty v Lamar and Morris, Jasmine Guy, Nina Parker, Charlemagne the God just hilarious.
Speaker 7: I mean the list goes on, Deem Hardest and Jasmine Guy.
Speaker 2: They pulled their parents, yes, Bryant.
Speaker 7: Carlos King. I mean, it's just a it's a it's a loving experience.
Speaker 8: It's loosely based off of dating and life experiences around myself and Serita West.
Speaker 7: I mean, at the end of the day, if people are closing doors on you, sometimes you have to create and open your own doors.
Speaker 2: Is it really that hard?
Speaker 7: It really is.
Speaker 8: I've been single for how long? How many times did I ask you? Somebody you have nobody? Don't make me fight you.
Speaker 6: But I say that to my sisters. I don't want to be involved in their love lives. I don't want to hook you' all up with nobody. I don't want to be responsible for nothing.
Speaker 8: You know how you know it's bad? I kid you not Duvall called me at six a m. La time to literally laugh in my face and say, Lisha, you're still single at six in the morning.
Speaker 1: You might have to change your friends one thousand percent if they call you six in the morning they play it sounds like this. You know, you just change your friends.
Speaker 7: You know happened the last time you try to play with me?
Speaker 2: You're right?
Speaker 7: What did God do?
Speaker 2: You're right? He gave you a what a curfuffle?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll put something in his mouth that wasn't supposed to be there.
Speaker 7: See, y'all gonna have to.
Speaker 11: Hold anywhere.
Speaker 2: You know what it is that letting that report?
Speaker 3: Did a word not come out of your mouth that wasn't supposed to be there?
Speaker 2: A word?
Speaker 3: Okay, So God pushed something in your mouth that wasn' supposed to the boy the way, we got to stop giving God all of his credit for stuff that.
Speaker 2: He ain't.
Speaker 7: Business. Baby, Jesus, I ain't got nothing.
Speaker 3: To do, nothing to do with none of this.
Speaker 2: Stop this.
Speaker 8: It's just tom foolery now. But you guys can check out Unleashed for Love on Audible. It's today's premiere days and we're doing big things.
Speaker 7: I'm very proud.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll be back to the people's choice, make the shout the pop smoke.
Speaker 1: Today would have been his birthday if he's still alive, so rest in peace to pop Smoke. We're gonna start to mix off with some pop.
Speaker 3: Heavy boy day on my Epps too, Man's look at the good.
Speaker 1: Brother on my It's the Breakfast Level Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. When it's time to get with someone special, the best way to do it is with Magnum large sized condoms. That gold foil rapper is a badge of honor and it means you're protected and you take care of things with comfort.
Speaker 2: Accept no substitutes.
Speaker 1: Bring the pleasure with the gold standard Magnum large sized condoms. Un Thing Everybody, It's dj n V Charlamagne God. We have our guest co host, Alisha Renee, who has an audible project out today, Unleash for Love. Definitely check it out his eight episodes. She's also executive producer. She executive producer with a little guy named Leonardo. But you just want to say appreciate your.
Speaker 2: Name, okay.
Speaker 6: Kevin Hardy is an executive producer as well. All Right, it's a great project, romantic comedy.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You can put your headphones on and it's like you're listening to a TV sho. That's right.
Speaker 7: So you allow you back to burn into Palo, letting that good spirit in there.
Speaker 2: You go, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well for people that don't know, yes we've been joking all morning with Atlisha Renee, but yes she's a great soul, very smart. You probably remember her own b et. She can cook, she's a very counted business woman.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 7: This means a lot to me.
Speaker 8: This is such a full circle moment because you are my very first interview as far as like you know, when I was an on air personality for me Et and then he's been one of my longest friends in Champions and so like to be here now working on a project that you co created and hearing once again that I'm a dollar store version of Beyonce while I'm out here trying to do big things.
Speaker 2: And me at leash was neighbors for a long, long, long long time.
Speaker 6: What building Melrose, Melrose Place, same building where the woman told me to watch out for you because there's a young man who lives in this building and y'all look alike and V might have a type, because she would hear strange things coming from that apartment.
Speaker 3: That's a fact that really happened.
Speaker 2: That did not happen.
Speaker 3: No, that woman really told me.
Speaker 2: She did not tell you that. I promise you everything be taking a little bit of that story.
Speaker 1: Like my best friend, one of my best friends lived used to live in that building, in our building, Little Sean who looks a little like.
Speaker 6: Charla Man, I mean, dog skin, just short. You don't have the detail. God didn't give him all the.
Speaker 7: Details he gave me, didn't. Courtney lived and your cousin live in our buildings.
Speaker 1: Courtney left, and you know, I got apologized to Roxy. I didn't get get to apologize to her. I don't know if I want to put this out there.
Speaker 7: What the hell did you do?
Speaker 2: If you don't you don't think you should, don't do it. It was like seventeen years.
Speaker 3: The subject.
Speaker 6: Being with little Sean in the apartment by yourself though y'all know, y'all on the radio and y'all whispering each other, you crazy ass humans, y'all y'all on the radio whispering each other, that.
Speaker 8: You had her rolling around here looking like she couldn't afford to Fike that. Yeah, but an apology he owes.
Speaker 11: You for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more of the stories when Envy was I don't know what he was doing in that apartment complex.
Speaker 2: That's my boy.
Speaker 1: There was no sounds coming up that far on the staff, like people gonna believe that's my brother.
Speaker 2: I want to go see my brother that the department.
Speaker 3: She did say, No, she did not. She did say Envy might have a type, So you need to be careful, I promise you.
Speaker 2: She said that.
Speaker 6: She told me that thirteen years ago. And guess what I've been dealing with for the last thirteen years.
Speaker 8: He never came by for Gumble Night. If you were in our building, we had Gumble night game night, that's right.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We never bought the man leash used to have the food.
Speaker 6: I used to have the cable so before my wife first, so before my wife moved up here, least you'd bringing food on Sunday nights and we watch True Blood.
Speaker 8: You have to clean that up, you know, because it sounds like before your wife came up here, we were no.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that in reverence. That's why I had no food, and I had no home cooked meals and I didn't.
Speaker 7: Have the cape I was working for.
Speaker 2: You didn't have the cable, No, they weren't.
Speaker 13: I had.
Speaker 7: I was the least paid person.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 3: And then when my wife didn't move in, we all became one big family.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 7: That's what I would say. You got to close that gap.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: They talk more than me and lesh do.
Speaker 7: Well, we do have it. We have a we have a family group.
Speaker 2: You have a roup chat you that's right, that's right, all right.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody, n V Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast club. Would you like to leave all a positive? Not usually Charlamagne doesn' would like to leave on a positive day.
Speaker 6: Before we do that, I do want to make sure everybody goes out there and listen to The Unleashed for Love on Audible. It is available today. It stars My Good Sister a Lisha Renee. It stars Pretty Vas, stars Logan Browning, lemar And Morris, Jasmine Guy, Kadeem Hardest and Jess Hilarious Porschea Williams, Yousell, Brian It is a romantic comedy.
Speaker 2: If you like, uh, you know, good scripted series.
Speaker 3: This is a great one. It's just that you're listening to it.
Speaker 6: And it is the first romantic comedy that we've put out on SBAH Productions with Audible, myself and Kevin Hart. So I really want you all to go check this out. Make sure when you go on Audible you leave a review, you leave a rating. I can't wait to hear the feedback on Unleash for Love.
Speaker 2: Oh real quick.
Speaker 6: I just want to tell y'all man, I'm gonna be on Andy Cohen to night. I know we had Oscar de la Hoya on Breakfast Club earlier as a guest, but me and him will be on Andy Cohen tonight.
Speaker 2: Watch what Happens Live on Bravo.
Speaker 3: So check us out.
Speaker 2: No positive note, let's go.
Speaker 8: Many doors will close on you, and many people will tell you no. All it takes is one door and one yes. So thank you very much Charlemagne and Kevin Hart for giving me one of my next big yesses. God got us always and we give them glory.
Speaker 3: For it all always.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club, bitch, is you don't finish for y'all dumb