Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what's y'all don't know y'all baby.
Speaker 1: At all at all, So.
Speaker 3: Don't given them.
Speaker 4: Black the milicon buf Bush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listening to show.
Speaker 3: I want to joy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joy, You want to do that?
Speaker 3: You gotta turn.
Speaker 1: You have to turn the mouth turn.
Speaker 2: You probably got to turn the mouth out of the money up.
Speaker 5: Look me, come.
Speaker 2: Come on, you think.
Speaker 1: Uhhah, I sure will.
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody, y'all listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Hell Man back in business too, Man, Man, How good is God? I mean, really, if you think about it in spite of all that's going down in your life. First of all, it could be worse. But secondly, sometimes you have to remember. And I've just had to have this conversation with myself this morning. That's how I'm fresh on this one right here. When a challenge faces you, are you going through a difficult moment, or you didn't hit a bump in the road in the middle of that, if you could manage to be grateful, it would take you a long way. Gratitude is a powerful resource. If you can be grateful in the middle of it. Gratitude is a powerful resource when it's dim for you. And then got a little bumpy on the road, and he ran into some obstacles, and you done ran up into some detailed signs, and your journey ain't smooth as it was last week or last year. You gotta be grateful for the things that are going right and that have gone right, and for the thing that's wrong right now to get right?
Speaker 2: Man? Can I share that with you? Man? Is that a tough one to learn? It is for me.
Speaker 6: It has been one of my toughest challenges is to learn how to be grateful because it's a powerful resource, but how to be grateful in moments of despair when it ain't going right. See here's a mistake I would make. See when something go wrong, I want to focus on the wrong so much in an attempt to fix it. But even then the focus ain't always in to fix it. The focus becomes, Man, this is bad, man, I can't believe this is happening. Why this keep going down? That doesn't fix anything? You know, mealing over it, going over what's wrong, explaining it, sharing it with your friends, you know, making it sound worse than it is. Tell the story for pity from other people. All of that right there, has nothing to do with the fix. Sometimes you're just mulling over it. You're just making it worse. You're just making it a bigger problem. You're manifesting it into your atmosphere, You're putting it out there in your spirit. Now, all of a sudden, it consumes your day. Next thing, you know, you're having a bad day. If you're having a bad day, it's because you've been having some bad thoughts. So what I've had to learn how to do, and what I'm working on this morning is I'm working on the situation that then cropped up. I was going kind of smooth here for a minute, and now then got real bumpy in the road, you know, and all this here. So what I'm thinking about now, though, is even though I've hit a bump the road, and even though I done ran into a detour, and even though I've hit this lull, I'm going down into a valley, I ain't.
Speaker 2: Up on the peak.
Speaker 6: Can I not still be grateful for all the things that God has given me, for all the things He's done for me, for all the things He's brought me through, And realizing that even this that's happening to me again is going to pass to He gonna get me through that attitude. Come on, man, God is a good god.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: It's a lot to be grateful for. So while I'm tripping on this bumping the road out and here, what I got to remember is all the things He's done for me. And like I say, my saying is joint depression cannot reside in the same place. So instead of being down about this new bumping the road, if I'm constantly filling my mind with the thoughts of how good He's been to me, of what all he's done for me, of all the things he's brought me through, of all the blessings he's presented me with, when I go to on that list, I really don't have a lot of time to mull over the situation.
Speaker 2: Now. Do I have to fix this bump in the row? Of course I do.
Speaker 6: Are There's some things I'm going to have to do to straighten it out, of course it is. But Steve just going to get the business of doing it and straighten it out. What you mulling over and worrying about it for you know, old people. I heard old people say something. When I was growing up in the church, they say, if you're gonna pray about it, don't worry about it. But if you're gonna worry about it, don't pray about it. That's an amazing thing. And prayer just happens to be my weapon of choice. Now, it ain't always been that way. I want you to understand that my first weapon of choice was you do it to me, I do it to you. You called me out, I call you out. You say something bad about me. I've tried to find you say something bad about you. That was my weapon in the past. How did that work out for you, Steve?
Speaker 2: Not so good?
Speaker 6: Because you know what, I spent a lot of time fighting back, kicking back, swinging back, when I could have spent all that time climbing. See, all you trying to do at the end of the day, folks, is have a better life than the one you got. All you trying to do is to improve your position in life. You know, it's not my business to make sure you don't get where you going. I ain't got no time for that. It's not my job to assure that you ain't as high as me. I ain't got no time for that your real mission and purpose is to have the best life that you can have, to ascend to the highest plateau that you can get to, to make your family as comfortable as you can, to provide as much as you can for your family. But legally, see, those of us are sitting up here trying to come up with sideways. You can ask a couple million men sitting in prison today how they wish they hadn't done that, and they'll tell you, Oh, man, I wish I never had did it.
Speaker 2: I knew not to go down there. Something told me not to go down there. Man.
Speaker 6: If I could change things, I would. But they sitting somewhere doing some time that had they made another decision they wouldn't have to do now. That don't make them throw away people, nah, man, Because everybody make mistakes, and God is in a forgiving business. And some of us have done some things that really broke the law, and a whole lot of other things and deserve to do some time.
Speaker 2: But through the grace of God, we didn't.
Speaker 6: But now we sit up here we pass judgment on people who got to do some Man, I don't care, I don't care what you've done. God can forgive anything but our position, our motivation in life is to try to have the best life we can have and provide for those around us and make it comfortable. If that's your ambition, you don't have time to worry about or concern yourself with another person. And I wasted time doing that, and that's not the way to get it done. It's simply mine to your business. Taking care of you and getting yourself right and tight is to tent four seven. So that's a full time job. So what I had to learn was and what I've the reason I've chosen prayers as my weapon of choice now is that now prayer helps me that I don't have to fight back. Now, if I get cornered, I'm gonna fight you. I ain't even gonna lie to you. And now I'm still working on some things that trigger me. You know, you know, you know, and and and and so I'm I'm I'm slowly getting better at that. But I've learned that my weapon of choice is prayer now. So when it happens ugly for me, I pray about it. When it gets tight and dismal for me, I pray about it. And the thing about prayer man is Prayer changes things.
Speaker 2: Yes, it does. Now read about it and try it. That's the deal.
Speaker 6: Okay, come on, prayer is a wonderful weapon. Show ladies and gentlemen, let me have your divided attention.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 6: This at the beginning of a new day. This is the start of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Let us begin three two one?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Charlie?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 1: Col what's going on?
Speaker 2: Steve Hey?
Speaker 5: Cruise Junio?
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 8: Going on the porch?
Speaker 5: Doggie done.
Speaker 1: Like you're on the porch and we're passing by, and.
Speaker 6: Drive up third, drive a third boy. Oh you act like you don't know no about it? Oh wait, you look cute there, girl. I don't want a holiday. And again, Bobby, if you take holding down, I love it. If you think you know, I think I'll go down stoke.
Speaker 2: Give me a watermelon.
Speaker 1: That's what you got to say.
Speaker 2: Let me when you all got to tell you the watermelon? When you thump a watermelon, what you're listening for? No, I don't think bottlemelon. Well, I know how to pick watermelons.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought you're supposed to thump No dog, what you're gonna tell you about the thumb.
Speaker 6: This is how you pick a sweet watermelon. What is stem comes out the bottom? Boy, it has its stem on it or what it still used to be. If you see a lot of you know those veins, Yeah, a little veins on the outside.
Speaker 2: That's sugar content. So that means it's a sweet that's right, that's right. Now.
Speaker 6: You can pick a sweet one that don't have it because like them, dark green eas don't oftentimes show a lot of veins. But when you pick them light green with them long ones, huh yeah, you said, huh, got that right now? When it got a lot of brown veins coming around off that stalk, that stem, that sugar content, Oh.
Speaker 2: Boy, now they got they thump them down south. I didn't well, you know, you don't. You don't know how to do that because you don't buy nothing of them.
Speaker 6: You don't grow them. If you grow watermelons, you could thump. But you don't know what you're even look at?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Okay, when the thought what you're looking for?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm listening. So now you just thumping? You didn't take this ragged ass watermelon right onto.
Speaker 1: The house, and are we are we doing seeds or seedless? Because I like seeds.
Speaker 6: No, see, there's no watermelon that don't have seeds in all watermelon got seed.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, but you know they have seedless watermelons.
Speaker 2: That's genetic, you modified.
Speaker 1: Surely I can read. Well, yeah, the store like yeah, no, but that then, but.
Speaker 6: That ain't the real real watermelons have seeds. Oh that's what I Let me tell you something. Go to Africa and you'll be trying to find seedless watermelon whole time you over there.
Speaker 1: Okay, the seeds, I want the seeds. Yeah, okay, just a.
Speaker 6: Little country ness on how to pick a watermelon because we boy, we approaching watermelon season. Is it exactly July to September?
Speaker 2: Your death? Watermelon time come on.
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour. It's the Nephew, and run that brenk back right after this. You're listening morning show, all right, and it's time now to start your morning off with the nephew and run that breank back.
Speaker 7: What you got for us, nep Well, let me see if I can see how stupid I can get this morning, Shirley. I'm gonna try to get I'm gonna try to multiply that thing by five this time.
Speaker 2: Let me see it.
Speaker 7: I'm at the valet all right, All minds clear, dog, if you would, let's go problem at the valet.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hey, hold on, no, hey, tell me?
Speaker 9: How's it going?
Speaker 8: Hey man? What's going on? You're doing all right?
Speaker 10: I'm doing good, doing good?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 8: Hey? Listen? I need you to do something for me.
Speaker 11: Do you need your your car hetails?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, not this week. Listen.
Speaker 8: I got something I want you to do for me. I'm doing a prank phone call, and I want you to call this guy and tell him you're the valet downstairs, ask him for his ticket number, and tell him, hey, we got a little bit of an issue. But my manager's gonna call you back. Uh you sure you want me.
Speaker 6: To do it?
Speaker 2: You're the valet guy.
Speaker 8: That's all you gotta do, all right?
Speaker 3: What is the Mexican guy?
Speaker 11: Gotta be at the valet guy? And you get to be the Manager's up with that?
Speaker 8: Just like this, I'm finna click over Nick the call. All I want you to do is just tell him you near the valet guy. Will you do that for me? All right? Man, I got you all right? All right, all right? Hang on height Hello? Hello?
Speaker 10: Is this mister Franklin?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: Can I ask this calling?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm I'm.
Speaker 11: Orlando with ballet.
Speaker 10: Did you park a lectus with us about thirty minutes ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 10: What's what's going on?
Speaker 9: What's just about?
Speaker 10: I'm just gonna need your ticket number real quick. There's a small issue. And once you get the ticket number, I could have my manager just call you back five three four six. But why do you Why do you need my ticket number? Is there something wrong with my car? If something happened, my manager will call you back and he'll give you all the details. Oh okay, so so something did happen to my car? Once I give my manager your ticket number, he'll call you back shortly and he'll tell you everything. Okay, Well, can you have him give me a call as soon as possible because I would like to know what happened to my car if something happens. This is I don't I don't really understand what's going on here. I'm sorry I have to go, but you can't tell me anything else before you leave. I mean, there's no details that you can give me a bout anything with my car.
Speaker 8: Like I said, my manager won't handle it.
Speaker 9: I think get going.
Speaker 8: Perfect, Orlando. That's perfect, all right, I got it from here, bro. I appreciate.
Speaker 9: Let's call him back.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 8: Hello, Is this is this mister Franklin? Yeah?
Speaker 10: This is he can ask his crawling.
Speaker 8: This is cluff Man. I'm the manager here down at the valet.
Speaker 10: Oh great, thank you. I've been waiting to hear it from you.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, thirty minutes ago you you pulled in with a they're telling me a silver or light? Great lexus, Yeah, that's that's Yeah, that's my car.
Speaker 10: What what's going on with my car here?
Speaker 8: Okay? And what's your number? Is it? Five? Three four six? Yeah?
Speaker 10: That's that's my number.
Speaker 11: I mean I already went through this with the other guy.
Speaker 10: Can you just tell me what the hell is going on with my car?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: Are you able to come downstairs right now? No? I can't. I valate over there.
Speaker 11: I'm at I'm at a lunch with a client somewhere else.
Speaker 10: I'm not there right now.
Speaker 11: Why do I need to come down right now?
Speaker 2: He just what is happening?
Speaker 8: Okay? So here's the deal, sir. We have a we have a one of the valet workers here has gotten that and he left, he quit the job, and he's he's gone, he's left the premise. The problem we're having right now is we don't see.
Speaker 3: Your car, you know, and you don't see it. What do you what? I'm sorry?
Speaker 8: What? Well, I'm okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 11: Ho wow, all right, so my car is gone?
Speaker 9: My car is gone?
Speaker 3: Is that what you told me?
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 10: Somebody's company and work my car?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: Well, wow, we're looking on every floor and we're trying to figure out if it got parked somewhere else. But he's gone and we're we're that's why we called to get your number.
Speaker 11: Car somewhere else.
Speaker 12: Man, what the do you mean?
Speaker 2: Do I have a car or not?
Speaker 3: And my car is so with how.
Speaker 8: Many fours do you have? How long to say?
Speaker 11: I just bought that car that is a brand new car.
Speaker 8: And now it's just man, are.
Speaker 3: You kidding me?
Speaker 8: Right now? Well, hold on, hold on, I understand, I understand. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 2: Is there a way? Is there a way?
Speaker 8: Maybe you can come by tomorrow and we can try to work. Come now and just see if you know.
Speaker 11: No, there is no way I'm coming by tomorrow for a call us.
Speaker 8: This is today.
Speaker 11: First of all, we need to get the police involved in this. The police right now, mister Frank.
Speaker 8: We don't want to get the police involved in this week.
Speaker 2: Who is?
Speaker 11: Because I damn sure whether to get the police involved.
Speaker 8: So who is? I'm just saying, listen, I don't want to lose my job because we lost the car. If you just give me some time to find the car, That's all I want you to do, is give me some time. Let me go by this guy's house where he lives and see.
Speaker 3: If the car is there.
Speaker 11: You should already be in a car driving. Don't be as to this man's house talking to me right now. Hey, the fact that you're not there.
Speaker 8: It's not practice. I call it the police.
Speaker 11: I'm sewing the building on I'm sewing the manager. I'm sure who made the valet box, I'm sure what everybody affiliated.
Speaker 8: With your business.
Speaker 9: You didn't see me right now?
Speaker 8: Okay, but it's a park listen, Why are you?
Speaker 2: Why are you?
Speaker 8: Why are you gonna sit with me? I didn't do nothing, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Take the car.
Speaker 11: Okay, what are you responsible for this parking lot? Are you a manager what's your occupy them.
Speaker 8: Sir, I knew the manager. I'm the manager here, and Orlando called you earlier, okay, and we're trying to find out where the car is.
Speaker 3: We are I really feel like it.
Speaker 11: You don't even want the police involved. Man, you're not trying to punch you trying to come yet.
Speaker 8: It's right now.
Speaker 10: I'm mad at Orlando, I'm mad at you, I'm mad at your company.
Speaker 11: I'm mad at the man who put the damn asphalt down in the parking lot. I'm mad at everybody right now.
Speaker 8: Okay, Cliff, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: We con down, Okay, but let me ask you this here. Are you are you?
Speaker 8: Are you mad at are you manage your wife?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: No, not a wife? But what didn't steal my damn.
Speaker 8: Car Ain't your wife name Carrie?
Speaker 11: How the hell you know my wife's name?
Speaker 8: You know how I know your wife's name because your wife got me to call you. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey More. Damn frankly, you just got plank bybybody. Damn blows.
Speaker 9: Oh boy, we're going to marriage counsel.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 8: Y'all.
Speaker 10: Have you have this? Boy?
Speaker 8: She said, he just bought this car. He loves this car outside shitting in it when he ain't going nowhere. I can't believe anyone.
Speaker 10: It's always it's always the closest people.
Speaker 9: It's all.
Speaker 3: I tell you.
Speaker 8: What I tell you.
Speaker 11: Who is not getting to ride this car for a long time?
Speaker 8: What hey, man, I mean is what is the baddest that I'm talking about? The baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 10: It's the Steve Harvey Morton Show.
Speaker 1: Baby coming up next to is ask the CLO our chief love Officer, Steve Harvey in the building. Right after this, you're listening, she would Stave Harvey Morning Show, It is time to ask the CLO chief Love Officer Steve Harvey in the building. This one is from May in Culver City, California. It says, in regards to your life Strawberry letter with the cheating Man, I have a similar situation. I had an affair on my husband and the first time I cheated, I got pregnant. I couldn't let my husband raise another man's child without knowing it, so I had a DNA test and confessed. My husband chose to stay in the marriage and raise the child as his own, but whenever the spirit hits him, he calls me names and makes my life miserable. In this case, is divorce a better choice or are his actions justified?
Speaker 2: Whoa ummano?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Let me do like women should all do.
Speaker 6: If there was shoe was on the other foot and your husband went outside the marriage and had another baby, and you decided to stay, would you not call him a bunch of names whenever the spirit hit How about every birthday? That's all the Christmas money? When that child support going out the door. I think it's a heck of a man to stay and raise it as his own. And and then he spared you the shame of it. But I mean, well, you're gonna throw it in the face. See the thing about saying I'm sorry is it? That don't fix it? He may eventually stop doing it. But if you can't take it, then you want to get a divorce.
Speaker 2: That's on you. But what did do that?
Speaker 6: They gave you the baby at in the first but where he at, she didn't Well I don't see him raising his hand volunteer. And I ain't saying stay and take any form of abuse. That's not what I say, because that's not right at any level, you know, but he gonna he's gonna throw it up in your face every night, and and I don't know how that works. He's I'm not really sure I could do that, So I don't think I'm the perfect person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think once you do it, you gotta gotta gotta accept it.
Speaker 7: But you can't keep throwing it back out if you decide you're going I sound real good, right, I mean that sounds good exactly.
Speaker 1: But right if you're gonna say you're gonna accept the baby and raise him as your own. But but so much of the time, I don't know. I don't know if I could take that. That's tough because you're only human. So it's gonna be some moments. Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, all right, We're moving on Joseph and the Bronx CLO says, my boss and I have the same birthday, so we went out two weeks ago after work and celebrated. She's got a husband that's very jealous hearted, so she told him we were where she was going and invited him to join us. We invited other coworkers, but they didn't show up. My boss's husband was waiting for us as we walked out of the restaurant. He got in my face and said he'd beat my if I ever tried anything with his wife. I was ticked off and wanted to fight him, But I need my job. How do I settle this?
Speaker 6: Come on, clo, Well, I mean, bruh, you can't go out with the man's wife no more, period.
Speaker 2: I don't give a damn. Y'all got same birthday his boss. I don't care.
Speaker 6: She got a husband. She invited him, he didn't go. He probably walked up to the door, saw y'all sitting over there by yourself, and decided not to go in because he gonna handle it outside.
Speaker 2: So now it wasn't nobody. So now he'd have told you what you want me to do?
Speaker 6: Hey, look, apologize, send a man a letter, Tell him you didn't mean no harm. It won't happen again, and it won't happen and again. She can't fire you for this now, homie. Oh, I done took the class. She cannot fire you for this. Hr Yeah, because according to the class I took, she has created a hostile work environment for you. You felt obligated to go because it was your boss had you go to celebrate the birthday. You didn't want to say no because you didn't want to affect your job. Now you feel like it's a hostile environment because her damn.
Speaker 2: Husband all to be your faith and that's in the class. That's in the class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just took it, So how should he settle it?
Speaker 6: Then, Steve, and I'm telling you, sir, as an active bystander, which is what I'm.
Speaker 1: Being, just apologize.
Speaker 6: I would apologize to the man and get it on record that I had to apologize.
Speaker 1: To him because he's not his boss, all right, and he can't fight back because his wife is his boss.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, right there. Yeah, he starts swaying a hand in your business.
Speaker 1: Boy, okayre you go, all right, that's better. Sophia Sofia in Dallas.
Speaker 2: H offices are usually never in parking lots.
Speaker 1: Sophia in Dallas says, I'm forty two years old and I'm dating a man that's eleven years younger than I am. We're both financially secure, and we both got nice houses. After a year of dating, I finally met his mom when she came to visit him. His mom asked my age, and I thought he had told her that I was older. She started calling me a sugar mama and pointed out that she's only twelve years older than me. He didn't defend me and said, it's not that big of a deal. Am I overthinking it?
Speaker 2: Well, he didn't defend you. You're twelve years younger than.
Speaker 1: His mama, eleven years older than him, eleven years older than her. So what are you saying? Colo?
Speaker 6: Got sugar mama rode on it. But if y'all in a good place, and y'all got a good relationship, whose businesses?
Speaker 2: It really ain't his mama's business. Y'all been all been at this for a year.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. He didn't speak up. He didn't say anything to his mom when she started calling her names.
Speaker 2: Well, sugar mama, kind of sweet, don't you do? Sugar?
Speaker 1: Oh stop? You know, way better than that, no shade with sugar mama.
Speaker 2: Better than black ass cougar. Now come on, come on, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well, thank you, Colo, you're listening morning show and it's time for comedy Roulette.
Speaker 13: Take it away, Jay, take plus subject, put them on a wheel, spun the wheel wets that we do to thing?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 14: Here we go here, go to subjects.
Speaker 1: Things you say to talk your way out of a butt whipping, your favorite lunchtime meal at school. Stuff you say to yourself when you're trying to lose weight. I've said some things, okay, number four, things you say when you're lost.
Speaker 13: All right, Bunny, Yeah, funny, I like you, Jay, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 14: Way be talking to myself.
Speaker 1: What are the things you say to talk your way out of a butt whipping?
Speaker 13: Okay, I want to hear. Yeah, let's go, Jack, I go first first. The classic, the very classic. This is the classic. I ain't gonna do it no more.
Speaker 1: Yes, come on, Junior.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's when I use the lat It wasn't just me, all of us was doing it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Sitch.
Speaker 2: Truth be told, Mama, Truth be told.
Speaker 8: Dad.
Speaker 2: And the one broke the dog on plate, the one it ain't had nothing to do with me. He told me, don't say nothing to you. You got a double But I was not ever even in there. I want.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 13: The one will get you a real bad but whoop. If you beat me, I'm gonna tell grandma.
Speaker 2: Oh, all right, Things.
Speaker 1: You say to talk your way out of a butt whooping, Junior, and go Mama.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 14: I don't really want to tell this right now, but I feel a crisis starting.
Speaker 1: He said it worked.
Speaker 3: She wasn't terrible at.
Speaker 14: The hospital, just as healthy.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I don't want to beat the barrel of ann news.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: But to car already had it then on it. It did nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: The thing you say to talk you away out of the would you want me to beat you?
Speaker 1: Playing those guilt strings?
Speaker 8: Mama, Mama?
Speaker 2: Would you want me to beat you? All right?
Speaker 1: Thing you say to talk your way out of the butt whipping? Come on, Jay, please don't beat me.
Speaker 13: The lad there you beat me. I had real bad nightmare.
Speaker 14: You're gonna have some.
Speaker 4: More things you say to keep them getting the bootmark. Huh Mama, daddy having an affair.
Speaker 7: You didn't gotta start start right, Mama, look me in my eyes before you wood men, just tell.
Speaker 2: Me what would Jesus jump? What would Jesus?
Speaker 5: We're Christians, Mama, We Christian.
Speaker 8: Christian.
Speaker 2: I thought you all loved me.
Speaker 13: Nothing actors. It's okay. I know you don't beat me, but before you beat me, could I just have a hood?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Things you said talk your way out of the whipping. These are some good ones. Boy.
Speaker 14: Wait wait, wait, wait? You you said if I made all you leave me alone?
Speaker 2: You made you made all? You feel like if you did good at school, you would your wool.
Speaker 7: That didn't work, So, mama, what that's about. It's really about them telling me I'm really not your son.
Speaker 1: That's myla belt.
Speaker 4: Things you say to talk your way out of the front within.
Speaker 2: Tell your butter. Let's pray first, that's right there, call that's right.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 13: I think you just mad because daddy lost his job and you're taking it out on me.
Speaker 2: That's another one to get your head.
Speaker 1: Your Indian.
Speaker 4: Things you say, keeping getting the butt with Wait mama, wait minute, what about your off writers?
Speaker 3: Know?
Speaker 1: All right, Tommy, come on to talk your way out of the butt.
Speaker 2: Hold you do this right now, Mom, I got a baby on the way.
Speaker 14: You wayn I gotta baby.
Speaker 1: You say to talk your way out of the butt whipping close it out?
Speaker 2: Steve, have we not learned anything from slavery?
Speaker 1: All right, We'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after you're listening. Harvey Morning Show Time Now for a rounded, Would you rather all right, guys, here we go, would you rather work four day weeks or work two months on and one month off. Hey, Amy, think about that?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I want two months own, one month off?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Work week, I've been in four day weeks. I better do that. That one month off, I'm gonna forget. I'm working. I got it. Two months own, one month off like that? Yeah, all day? Because you went in Vegas for thirty days? All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have another ten years with your partner or one night stand with your celebrity crush? Hey, oh, lot of sight?
Speaker 2: Just a I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Would you rather have another ten years with your partner? Or would you rather have a one night stand with your celebrity crush?
Speaker 2: Or you don't get your partner?
Speaker 3: No more?
Speaker 2: Both of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah you cannot.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the what the hell I want? I'm gone take a hell.
Speaker 1: Why are you down? Upset about it?
Speaker 5: Gone over here where I've been? Just tell Helen once again?
Speaker 2: Now you know the real.
Speaker 6: Shaka for you when you discover Helly don't want you? I sure wish I could arrange.
Speaker 2: That she don't want. She don't want the one night stand?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: All the ten years be.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather be in jail for five years or being a coma for a decade, jail for five or a coma for ten.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna do this jail. I'll take jail really, hell yeah, you take that get I'm gonna take that coma.
Speaker 6: Give me some rest, Koma when you come out that ConA. You and I can't tell you how poor yo.
Speaker 2: As I don't like people. Just come in here and visit me when I'm in the hospital. You're getting now you know what you're gonna wait? You know what You're gonna look like? A beard? How long will this beard be?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 5: No, you would rather go to jail, jail for I can't do that jail.
Speaker 6: There'll be in a coma for ten. I'm laying up here. That ain't I done missed everything.
Speaker 5: I'm hilarious in jail.
Speaker 2: Dog, I'll give me some dog I get some groups together in prisoning.
Speaker 1: All right, that's today's round of would you rather you're listening Morning show? Just say it's the nephew with side.
Speaker 8: This is what it is.
Speaker 6: Hey, Just come on, man, I'm gonna ask the questions that side pieces will ask, and I'm gonna let Tommy respond. So Tommy if your side. Peace asks you, when can I call you?
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: If I don't call you, we don't talk.
Speaker 8: That's all.
Speaker 2: You don't. You don't call me.
Speaker 5: I do call it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Can I ask you?
Speaker 6: Here's a note? When can I text you? Same answer after?
Speaker 7: If I don't text you, we don't text you. Way I start everything?
Speaker 1: Yes, when we hang up, when we hang up the phone.
Speaker 7: Okay, let me tell you something when we when we hang up the phone, if you forgot to say something and you got to wait till I call you back.
Speaker 2: Okay. Here's the next question. Can we spend the night together? Yeah, of course, of course, but my night in at six forty five. I gotta get my hands. I can't. It's for five my night.
Speaker 7: We can lay up on each other from three few years, but come six forty five, I got to go.
Speaker 3: This is PM.
Speaker 1: I am PM.
Speaker 7: Yes, we get We're gonna watch the six o'clock news together, right, I'm gone.
Speaker 2: Wow, All right. Here's the next question. Can you give her a nickname?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Baby, same thing I called my wife. Man.
Speaker 6: What I want to do, what I ain't ben to do is say nothing wrong. Everybody, baby, everybody babs. Okay, let me ask you a question. Will you buy a gift for your side piece like cologue?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, cologne, and now you can get that, but it's gonna be the same damn cologne my wife. Well, why I'm not gonna come home smelling like no other woman gonna smell my wife?
Speaker 2: Smile? You're gonna smell like her? Okay, okay, here's enough. Can she introduce you to her? Free?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 2: No, they don't need now exist?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 9: What? What?
Speaker 2: Why is we wild? I'm meeting them people. I'm not finna do nothing with them people.
Speaker 13: Why did you talk about me.
Speaker 2: Bringing me up?
Speaker 7: The people shouldn't even know I existed at all. You shouldn't be over that running your mind about me to nobody. Okay, okay, tell me he go next?
Speaker 2: You can she meet your friends? Okay, now that's a good question. That's a good question.
Speaker 7: Yes you can, but only on side peace night. You canna you're gonna meet some mos. What you ain't gonna do is be meeting them in the white night.
Speaker 5: That's not.
Speaker 2: It ain't till night you side peace night? You know other side pieces?
Speaker 6: Okay, yady, just gotta be comming.
Speaker 2: Can she have a picture of you. You just got to have one. You go on my Facebook Greenshall got a picture of me and my family crowd?
Speaker 8: Did that?
Speaker 2: Cracked that down? Where you got only me? Now you got.
Speaker 1: Profile?
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me ask you this.
Speaker 6: If she says I love you, do you love me? What's your ass? Did I'm not finna say to him a bunch of diddle?
Speaker 2: Did all that? Did over? But I'm not finna see here and had an ill word? Come on, you know.
Speaker 1: You're stupid. Did you're listening Morning show? Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after it's my strawberry letter for today, subject I taught this young man everything he knows. Okay, right now, m uh, the nephew is in the building with today's prank phone call what you got for his nest?
Speaker 7: So I got to drop y'all down. One of the classics here, uh in the name of the prank is sweat. That's what it's got. Let's call cat dog, let's sweat it up.
Speaker 3: Let's go Hello, I'm trying to reach manny. Is this Manny? Nah?
Speaker 8: This ain't manny?
Speaker 9: Man this sweat? Who's this man?
Speaker 3: Hey? This is right?
Speaker 12: He ain't.
Speaker 3: Man, Wow, this what okay? Hey, uh, mister Keith. We got we got people down here. You're supposed to be here at the record store, man, right here in Harlem, and we got people wrapped around the building. You're supposed to be here sign in these cities, man, But it's been over hour. These people have been standing there waiting on y'all. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Man, I don't know nothing about no record store and and number two, I don't know nothing about doing no signing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: Who set this up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean the name I was given was Manny? Who was who was? Manny?
Speaker 9: Man is my road manager? But he don't set things up.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: He's a road manager. He's not my manager. He just handled my stuff on the road. But I was never told I was supposed to be nowhere to do anything, man. I mean, normally, was somebody tell me me and them have an understanding that I book what I'm supposed to do. So I don't know nothing.
Speaker 3: About this, my brother, Okay, Well, you know we got to get this taken care of. We got people wrapped around the building. We got a table here laid out, we got pins and everything for you to sign these CDs. Man, we got one hundred people outside the store.
Speaker 9: My brother, nobody told me about no no signings or no nothing.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: I mean I don't know nothing about no signing for real.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well are you hearing what I'm saying to you? Man? We got people outside the building waiting for you to arrive to sign some CDs. Now what I'm I supposed to tell these people?
Speaker 9: I don't know what you're supposed to tell them, man, I mean, you know, And it's kind of like you're raising your voice. Dude, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 9: First of all, I don't even know who you are calling me like this. I told you, man, I just said nothing up.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: And you know, I mean I don't even know who gave you my number.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying for I mean, I I don't have all this information was on the fax machine. I got this as a contact number. Man, he is the person I'm supposed to be talking to. And missus Sweat was supposed to arrive here at twelve noon. Now here it is. It's one fifteen, one twenty man, and you ain't here, and we got people wrapped around the building. We've been advertising this for the last two weeks. I mean the album dropped me that.
Speaker 9: I don't think you. I mean no disrespect to you, but I don't think you hear me. Man, I don't know nothing about a sign. And if I knew about a sign and or knew I had a sign and says it, I wouldn't have the people sitting around or standing around like that.
Speaker 2: That's not what I do.
Speaker 9: But no one informed me that nothing like this was going down today.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, So okay, But look man, but now that you realize people are here waiting, what are you gonna do? What I'm supposed to tell them?
Speaker 9: Man, there's nowhere in the well I can get down there and do a signing at this time, late time, right now.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean, you need to get so big of that. You need you need to try to try to get yourself down you know.
Speaker 9: Or First of all, I mean, you know you just say y'all, I think you just called me I'm a name my son. Man, What did you just say to me? Mann?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm saying, I'm saying you need to try and come on down and sign sign these CDs for these people. Man, these people are here. They wait their line. They've been waiting over an hour on you. Now this this is not gonna go good. This is day dude. We got your we got your CD almost on every shelf that.
Speaker 9: I'm feeling you and I understand now, I understand what you're saying to me, but there's no way I can get down there. Man, we do you just gonna have to reschedule this. So we're gonna have to reschedule this. I apologize for the you know, misunderstanding, but bottom line is I knew nothing about it.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Hold on a second, hold on, mister, and this is missus sweat. He's saying he don't know anything about being here. I'm telling him we got people all wrapped all around the building. He don't care.
Speaker 9: Yo, Yo, dude, I just say I didn't hear.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 9: There's nothing I could do.
Speaker 8: I just say it.
Speaker 3: Not just say that.
Speaker 9: Man, don't put words in my mouth, my brother, What do you want me to be? All you gotta do is reschedule it for another time, man, that's what you do.
Speaker 3: Hold on, man, I'm talking to my boss. I'm trying to figure out and if we got people fin to get mad man, because you're not here. I'm okay. Whoever many man he needs his man he does.
Speaker 9: I don't say we don't know nothing about that.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: I ain't got nothing to do with that. Man.
Speaker 9: All I know is that nobody told me about that. Is you know, our call and he and I as we said, because I don't do things unless I know where it's coming from.
Speaker 3: I ain't no way you can get your you can get yourself down.
Speaker 9: All you keep further off.
Speaker 3: Man, You don't talk to me like I'm your child.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: You know you keep saying there's no way I can get my You know you're back up on what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Dudey man, Man, we having a problem. This is supposed to be one of the biggest days of our record store. We got your CD on every shelf, and you you're just so calm and collect like it's not a problem with you.
Speaker 9: What I'm supposed to do. Man, when I need know nothing about it, I understand it's a problem. It's a problem because it makes me look like I'm a no show. But dude, I'm telling you again, I knew nothing about this.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, I want to say, take all his damn CDs off. The shelf, every lads going off the yo.
Speaker 9: Yo, I don't know what you're talking about. Man, You losing your darn mind right now. Man, I'm not trying to disrespect you, dude, but you're really losing your mind.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: Now you're doing something you ain't got no business though, Man, I staid, reschedule the situation.
Speaker 3: Man, you know tomorrow the day only rescheduling when the album drops today.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, so there's nothing I could do about this, dude, nothing.
Speaker 3: Who's the way? Way? Sounds like you're raising your voice?
Speaker 9: O my boys, man, because you now you disrespect me. You don't call my phone going off like like like I'm somebody's child, like I'm your child, dude, and you don't talk.
Speaker 8: To me like that.
Speaker 3: Man, call on. So you can't stop what you're doing and bring your butt down here to the record store. Can't stop what I'm doing.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, I can't stop what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Man, what you're doing right now, that's so important.
Speaker 12: You can't come man, It ain't none of your business what I'm doing right now. Dude, I'm saying, I know I knew nothing about this, man, So I'm not gonna keep going back and forth with you, like like like, I gotta explain to you why I can't. I gotta start what I'm doing to come down there. I knew nothing about it. It's not my fault, dude. You need to take this up with somebody who scheduled this because I didn't schedule it.
Speaker 3: That's a right and a wrong way to look right and the wrong way to do somebody, mister Sweat, O, Man, come on now, you sang my songs. Man, Come on, man, Okay, no doubt. So I'm just gonna go out here and tell everybody in the line, mister Sweat don't want to come okay, and I'm taking all of damn cs off the shelf because you don't want to stand up and be the celebrity that you're supposed to be.
Speaker 9: Man, Okay, now you know what, man, You do what you gotta do. Man, at this point, you do what you gotta do.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 9: But Yo, who am I talking to you anyways?
Speaker 3: En Man? Raheen Raien, I work here at the store.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well I'll see you Rahen.
Speaker 3: You go ahead and do what you get me to do, and I'll come and see you do what what what what you mean you're gonna see me. What that means I see you.
Speaker 9: I'll see you. I'll see you.
Speaker 3: That's what it means. I'll see you, okay, because because the bottom line is, man, Tommy said you was gonna come here, the one said you was gonna come sign Tommy who now you raheen?
Speaker 9: Tommy? Who the who the hell is the Tommy.
Speaker 3: Tommy Man nephew Tommy from the Steel Harby Morning Show sweat, I got your.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: You know what, man, y'all tripping boy?
Speaker 6: For real?
Speaker 9: You you don't even understand what you just get me?
Speaker 3: Makes me.
Speaker 9: You're crazy boys, I mean you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying. Y'all don't have anything that didn't me. And that's what I knew the album was dropping. Man, I said, I'm getting them to day. Yeah, I'm good man, I'm good man. Boy, you crazy boy, man, Let me get off this tall man. Y'all do what boy? You don't even understand? I swear man, I had to get you dog, look at it. You know, I know you got your show, but you got to tell me what is the baddest radio show in the morning, The Steve Harvey Morny Show. Man, Get off my phone.
Speaker 9: Nephew time.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Did you know that I ain't look like that.
Speaker 1: I'll play with everybody.
Speaker 14: I used to work for Keith with an F K K e h k E I f L Keith.
Speaker 2: Oh you can do k E E L real Keith.
Speaker 1: That was funny, funny king pranks.
Speaker 5: Happy but lated birthday to our boy Keith Swift Cave.
Speaker 2: Oh we gotta go.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it's the Strawberry Letter. Subjects I talked this young man everything he knows. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show. Time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice and relationships on I hear you Steve on dating, work, sex, parenting and more. Please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve Harvey FM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right.
Speaker 2: Now for you. J that's for you, fu love and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is the Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Subject I taught this young man everything he knows. Dear Stephen Shirley, I have a confession to make, and I know I can count on Steve to give it to me straight. I am a divorced female and I work as a corporate trainer. I'm forty nine years old and I have one daughter and a granddaughter. Last fall, I was called to train staff at an insurance agency. One of the male trainees got my attention and asked me for a business card. Before I left, he left a message on my office phone and invited me to dinner the next night. I knew he was a bit younger than I am, but I was flattered and went on a date with him. We have so much in common it's hard to believe he's only twenty five. After that date, we've been inseparable, and I've had a hard time hiding him from my daughter and my family. I've taken him on several business trips with me, and he looks great in all of the suits and nice shoes i've him. I've taught him etiquette and how to appreciate the finer things. We took a cooking class and he knows how to hand roll sushi for me. I showed him the art of making love to a real woman, and he mastered it. He's basically the perfect man for me, but the age difference will be a problem in the long run. I know my family and friends will judge me because he's two years younger than my daughter. He wants to get married so we can live together, and he wants me to meet his mother and grandmother. You know this isn't going to go over well with them. Men have always met and married younger women, but it's not as accepted when women do it. I would hope that I'm everything this man needs and he won't want a younger woman someday. Can this work? Or have I wasted all of my training on the wrong man? Okay, so do you have a training thing going on here? Sounds like sounds like you're a sugar mama because you're buying him so much stuff. Okay, you know you have a lot to be concerned about in this relationship. You're a mother and a granddaughter and this guy is just two years younger than your daughter. I mean, we talk about this a lot on the show The Double Standard. There are things that women can do that men can't or don't or won't do, and there are things that men can do that women can't or don't do you said it in a letter. Men have always met and married younger, but it's not as accepted when women do it. And mainly that's because women have a biological clock inside of them where we have to do things like have children at a certain age. And the facts are that you are twice this young man's age, which means you have way more life experience than him. You came in as the trainer. He's a trainee, which means you have way more experience than him. You're buying him suits as I mentioned, and shoes and stuff. You also have to think that you know he might want kids of his own, and that's where you have to think about your biological clock and the time you know he might want kids at some point as far as the love goes, of course, we all know the heart wants what it wants. It doesn't care about age or race, or religion or anything like that. But you, as the older, more experienced person, you have to let your thinking get involved here in your head. You have to think about these things. If he wants kids in the future and what the future might hold. Yeah, he will probably look at younger women. You guys, you're twice his age. Okay, I don't know if you'll be able to live with that or not as you get older. I mean, I'm sure you're beautiful right now. I'm sure you are, but you know you got to think about that, that twenty five year old age difference. I don't think that's going to work. And if you can live with all of that stuff, then go for it. I don't think you should. I wouldn't do it. This has nothing to do with your your what your family or your friends say, or anything like that. It's not their business. This is a decision that you have to make, and I think, as the adult in this situation, you know don't. I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I'll put it like that, Steve, you already know. You already know.
Speaker 6: So you want Steve to give it to your trade because you know you're gonna give it to your trade. Charley gave it to you, Chrey gave it to you, Bud. Since you want to hear from Steve, here we go. I'm gonna point out some things Shirley pointed out, and point out some stuff Shirley didn't point out. You're a corporate trainer. You're forty nine years old. You have one daughter and a granddaughter forty nine. Let's just round it off. Say you're fifty. Women don't like to round it off up, so let me just go and get to it. Because your boss to be fifty. Any damn way, I'd have had a birthday by the time we read. Just let on the air anyway, So let's just say you're fifty. Wow, Now let's go. You got a daughter that's twenty seven, and you got a granddaughter.
Speaker 1: You train people.
Speaker 6: That's your calling in life. You train people. So you go to this agency, you training some people. Dude, got your attention to ask for a card, left the message invited you to dinner next night.
Speaker 2: You know, I knew he was a big younger than I am, but I.
Speaker 6: Was flatted because you bought you divorced. You've been singaphore while you're bought you. Figure, Hey, you've been on this session. Let me going out to dinner with him. We have so much in common. What the hell you got in common with a boy that's twenty five years the young man who's twenty five years younger than you. What y'all both like to eat? You don't play video games, you ain't into sport. He liked black dresses. You had on the black dress.
Speaker 2: That ain't nothing in common.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Steve, Hang on, all right, we'll be back with part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Title of today's letter, I taught the young man everything he knows. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show. All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's strawberry letter. I taught the young man everything he knows.
Speaker 6: Well, you will teach you a trainer. You're forty nine years old. You go out on this insurance thing to train a group of people. Young dude catches eye. I ask you for a business card, invites you to dinner. You flat it because he said your age.
Speaker 2: You go out with him.
Speaker 6: He's much younger than you. But you sit there and all of a sudden, y'all got everything in common. No, you don't know, you don't, and I'll prove it to you in the letter. Lady, you have so much of coming, like the same music, and y'all don't go to the same places. Y'all ain't had the same life in y'all ain't had the same life experiences. You can make children, he can't. You got kids, he don't. He played video games, you don't. He got a family, He ain't got no family. You do what y'all got in coming? And I sure would like to know what it is y'all got in coming? Or what did you sit there and fabricate in your mind that made it so good? Well, let me tell you what what after that date? We've been inseparable so much for in coming. I've had a hard time hiding him from my daughter and my family.
Speaker 2: Listen to me. I've taken him on.
Speaker 6: Several business trips with me, and he looks great in all of the suits and nice shoes I bought him.
Speaker 2: You know why, because he was wearing snickers and T shirts.
Speaker 6: You had to buy him them shoes and them suits cause you couldn't make his.
Speaker 2: T shirt wearing ass no. Well with you, I thought y'all had a lot in common. He don't know how to dress.
Speaker 6: You taught him to, Yo letter, I talked to this young man everything he knows. He ain't know nothing. You taught him everything. He didn't know nothing. You taught him everything, and you got a lot in common. What he didn't know how to hand roll sushi when you met him. Now you got him hand rolling sushi. Let me tell you something. I went in the sushi restaurant in Atlanta one night. And this is years ago, years ago, Kings of comedy, years and it was two black guys behind the counter at the sushi place. I turned around, walked right out the two black dudle say, Steve, come on here, man, the sushi good? I said, y'all know good? Hell, well, y'all don't know nothing about cutting no damn sushi.
Speaker 2: That is not our job. If you back fish, I sit down. But you slicing raw fish?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 6: Stop, Now, you'd have got him to hand roll sushi for you. I showed him the art of making love to a real woman, and he mastered it. He okay, you can say he mastered it. He didne got better at it. You can't get worse at sex.
Speaker 2: You can just get better at it. So he's teachable.
Speaker 6: He's basically the perfect man for me, except you can't take him around your daughter, your family, or your friends. But the age difference will be a problem in the long run. Nah, it's a problem. Now, why are you talking about this problem?
Speaker 2: In the long run? You can't take him nowhere. He don't know nothing.
Speaker 6: You done taught him everything. It's a problem now. I know my family and friends gonna judge me because he's two years younger than my daughter.
Speaker 2: It's a problem now. Not in the long run.
Speaker 6: This problem ain't gonna get better. You gonna get older, and the gap it's gonna be more obvious. He wants me to meet his mother and grandmother. Let me tell you something. They gonna eat your ass alive. You go in there with this boy's mama and grandmama. He don't even he's so stupid. You didn't teach you what was gonna happen when he walked your old ass in there with his mama and grandmama.
Speaker 1: Did you who's gonna be worse though? See the mom or the grandmother?
Speaker 2: The grandmama gonna come. Oh, so you one of my friends. I saw you down at the hall.
Speaker 6: Didn't you look like the girl to work at the tavern I go to see. It's gonna get bath. They're gonna eat you.
Speaker 2: They gonna eat you a lot. You you walk your old ass in there with this daughter that's two years older than this boy. They already know what you.
Speaker 6: Did they already and know you that you done whipped it, because see this boy, he's whipped and they know you to put it on him like he never had it before.
Speaker 2: And now you he want to marry you. Has he lost his rabbit ass mine?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Boy, you you'd have whipped him this bad that he wants to marry you, and you gonna go in there and face his mother and grond I hope you do well. She said, you finish find it. I don't give a damn. You know this ain't gonna go overwhelmed with them. Okay, So you once again see when you said in this letter, this is gonna be a problem in the long run. I keep telling you it's a problem now. You hiding him from your friends. You got him here from your daughter. He's two years younger than your daughter. You got a granddaughter. You take him everywhere, and you done taught him everything because it's as stupid.
Speaker 2: He ain't know nothing.
Speaker 6: You men have always met married younger women, but it's not as accepted when women do it. I would hope that I'm everything this man needs and he won't want a young woman someday what his mom?
Speaker 2: Who the hell don't want a young woman.
Speaker 8: So what.
Speaker 2: What you all this stuff you have taught him to master? You don't think he won't want to show this to nobody?
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, thank you, Steve, will thank you Steve. We'll leave it right there. Post your comments on today's Strawberry letter at Steve Harvey.
Speaker 2: F n crazy. She know this ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: She knows on Instagram and Facebook and coming up.
Speaker 2: But I do want you to go meet his mom and grandmama.
Speaker 1: Please turned out. Ye you're listening hard Morning show. All right, does marriage make you a better person? That is the question on the table right now.
Speaker 14: No, hey, hey, get test.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing newly on this show. A new study from Tilburg University in the Netherlands suggests that marriage can make you a better person. Specifically, getting hitched makes you more forgiving and more likely to exercise self control. All right, that's what it says.
Speaker 2: Who I study.
Speaker 1: This is a new study. They studied married married people, people that.
Speaker 2: Are in come by my house and study.
Speaker 1: From the Netherlands. It suggests that marriage can make you a better person. Specifically, getting hitched makes you more forgiving. It makes you more forgiving tom marriages and it makes you more likely to exercise self control. If you married to the wrong nothing, Tommy, No, that what are the one they got over here?
Speaker 6: Thank you, you married a wrong person. It will not make you a better persion. It makes you better at doing certain things. Like what a lot more crack cheater you ask? You real craft can learn somethings.
Speaker 5: What you learn like not how to go home?
Speaker 6: You learned about spots. You'll know about a lot of restaurants. You have a lot of little cobby holes when seeing restaurants. You know how to walk in places and spot cameras. You learned a lot the back way. Yeah, you know you use your phone different. When I was out there, wasn't no phone cameras, wasn't no GPS, wasn't none of that.
Speaker 2: When you're out there, Yeah, and I was out there see all this. Now, I already know I'm good because where I'm gonna go.
Speaker 6: Eye how to keep my head home, not figure GPS off your phone.
Speaker 2: You got to turn that on as soon as your leader. Hey, dog, if you're famous, you can't do nothing. You just can't do nothing. Just go home.
Speaker 6: Yes, if you're famous and you're not happy, just get yourself a divorced man because you gonna get seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it will be at your Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you did you want to say that aloud? Or did you want to keep that to yourself?
Speaker 5: He said, just go.
Speaker 2: Miserable meetings? You talk to another miserable heads.
Speaker 1: Why didn't he get married?
Speaker 2: I didn't. Y'all ain't tell me everything.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be back. You're listening, Morning show. Here's a question. A guy asked his friend to email the morning show to get your opinion. Steve Uh, My wife went out of town this past weekend, and it was a good thing because on Saturday, a young guy, me around twenty years old, rang my doorbell. He asked me my name, asked if I once lived in Memphis, and asked me if I knew a woman whose name I won't mention. When those checked out, he then put out his hand and told me he was my son. I lived in Tennessee two decades ago, and I dated the woman for a little while. So the math checks out, and this was right before my wife and I got married. But the kid's mom didn't tell me any of this. I invited the young man in and we talked more about it. He's trying to put his life together. It was a cool conversation and we both agreed to get a DNA test to confirm or deny the possibility that he is my son. And yes, he favors me either way. How do I break this Maury Povich you are or you are not the father situation? To my wife? Do I tell her everything about the visit, the DNA test, or wait for the results and then tell her I have a son?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would, I would.
Speaker 6: I would take the DNA test and then when it comes back positive that that's your son, then you got to tell your wife exactly how it happened. This guy came to my house.
Speaker 1: Oh hell no, oh, hell, I say, don't tell her about the visit first.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, it's easy. No.
Speaker 13: No, you did on the weekend.
Speaker 1: What happened this weekend?
Speaker 10: What'd you do?
Speaker 2: Nothing there? I'll watch it to you myself. Yeah, I promise you.
Speaker 6: I'm not mentioned. So he came over you. How come you didn't tell me this right there? Baby, listen, I didn't know whether this young man was telling the truth or not. I do remember this woman over twenty years ago. It was before we got married. I do remember this. But if it wasn't no DNA, it ain't no need of him talking to me about this. I find out it's truth.
Speaker 1: I have a son, So you know, twenty years means nothing to her because this happened right before the wedding. He was born before the wed Yeah, but I'm just saying, you do realize that, well at.
Speaker 6: Nine months, nine months, you know all as long long is he born before this weddy we got we got something.
Speaker 8: So you.
Speaker 1: Knew about this woman while you were walking down while we were walking down the aisle.
Speaker 6: I had I had known of this woman before we got married, but after I found out we were serious, I broke it off. I was younger back ton, I was younger back then. You'll be able to get past this twenty year thing. And there see no, no, no, listen to me, No no, no, it's not gonna be easy. But see you out of the child support stage. You know, ain't no money got to come out the house. You know it's easier to you know this is my son.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it.
Speaker 6: Then you got to do the right thing as a man because he trying to put his life together. So you got to help this your son at this point, I don't think this is going. This is not gonna lou cause him his marriage. It's gonna create a whole lot of questions. He gonna get tapped a lot in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, yes, he is. Let me. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 6: So when we went to Kane, Ko, because you were seeing her way wait man, wait wait wait.
Speaker 2: But you was in Memphis.
Speaker 1: In ninety.
Speaker 6: Yes that wait wait wait wait, hold on, hold on waitmen. In two thousand, though, we we went to see my mama in Texas. Black women can do math. Wait wait wait wait wait minute wait wait minute, wait, manue hold on. So when you was driving, yes to see me in Dallas, which.
Speaker 2: Way you go? Because that's fardy, fardy fardy.
Speaker 6: Once you come down Nashville, you hit fardy and then you come across the Augasas to get on thirty.
Speaker 2: You must have stopped. You want to see this happen right for you? Baby birthday.
Speaker 1: More up today's trending stories of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, mister green drink himself, mister elevate you. How's it going the product is.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: The product is going good.
Speaker 6: I want to thank everybody out there for all of your support for the elevate You.
Speaker 2: Launch at Walmart.
Speaker 6: Because of this Elevate You products got sold out rather quickly at.
Speaker 2: Walmart dot com and get all you want.
Speaker 6: You can get the greens and stick packs, the original flavor, the Terry Chart and Nick Chocolate.
Speaker 2: And we have two three new products gummies.
Speaker 6: They're for your digestive health, they're for your immune system, and they are for your metabolism. If you want to speed up your metaboytabolism, feel more energy. We got them in gummies now they taste really really good, but they're very very effective by using them all the time. Because better health should be available for everybody. So check out a Walmart near you or go to Walmart dot com. Just go to walmartneck Walmart dot com to make sure you get your greens and your gummies. So it is back in business. We sold out so quick at Walmart they were just gone and now they're back Walmart dot com. This product is the hottest new product on the market for your health. And I want everybody to get healthy man, especially in my generation, and now younger people are getting hip to it too.
Speaker 2: My daughter is using my daughter.
Speaker 1: All right, right, well, congratulations, go to Elevated dot Com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 1: Coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we will play a round of would you rather? Right after this you're listening morning show time now for a round of would you rather? All right, guys, here we go. Would you rather work four day weeks or work two months on and one month off?
Speaker 13: Hey, Andy, think about that?
Speaker 6: Oh no, oh no, I want two months own, one month off? Yeah yeah, hell yeah, work week. I've been in the four day weeks.
Speaker 2: I better do that. That one month off, I'm gonna forget. I'm working. I got it. Two months own, one month off like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all because you went to Vegas for thirty days?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have another ten years with your partner or one night stand with your celebrity crush?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 14: Oh live sid just okay, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Would you rather have another ten years with your partner? Or would you rather have one night stand with your celebrity crush?
Speaker 2: Or you don't get your partner?
Speaker 6: No more?
Speaker 2: Both of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you cannot.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the I'm gone take all.
Speaker 5: You said?
Speaker 1: Why do you sound upset about it?
Speaker 5: Gone over here where I've been to Helen once again.
Speaker 6: Now you know the real Shaka for you when you discover helly don't want sho I showed wish I could arrange.
Speaker 2: That she don't want.
Speaker 14: She don't want the one nice stand right all.
Speaker 2: The ten years?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather be in jail for five years or be in a coma for a decade? Jail for five or a coma for ten?
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to do this jail really, hell yeah, wet that cam get it.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take that coma. Give me some rest, Cooma when you come out that come. I can't tell you how poy.
Speaker 1: Like people.
Speaker 2: Just come here and visit me when I'm in the hospital. You don't now you know what you're gonna wait? You know what You're gonna look like? A beard?
Speaker 1: How long will this beard be?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 14: You would rather go to jail?
Speaker 1: Help?
Speaker 6: Okay, do that jail. There'll be in a cab for ten they're laying up here to Hey, I done missed everything.
Speaker 5: I'm hilarious in jail.
Speaker 2: Dog, I'll give me some dog, I'll get some groups together in prison.
Speaker 8: And what.
Speaker 7: You all right?
Speaker 1: That's today's round of would you rather? Coming up forty nine minutes after the hour. It's our last break up the day, and we'll have some closing remarks from the one and em least stee you Harvey. Right after this you're listening Morning show, Steve, We're ready for your closing remarks.
Speaker 6: I'm so happy, hight everybody my closing remarks today. This is what I've chosen to do. I have variations of this when I'm talking as a speaker and things like that, but I'm I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go a different way with you today.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: There's a saying.
Speaker 6: That if you're the smartest person in your group, then you need a new group. I want you, I want you all to just think about that for a minute. If you're the smartest person in your group, you need a new group.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: I've been very, very guilty of this, not saying that I was smarter than everybody else, but I had been exposed more than a certain group of people I had employed and had hanging around me. I had been exposed to more things. I naturally was making more because they were mostly employees. I wanted more, uh and because of the fact that I had more and more was required of me, I just had bigger dreams. I outdreamed everybody in my group, and it just gotten to a point. And I'm saying this because I want you all to put everything into perspective. As I'm talking to you, just imagine at your place in your life that if you're the one that's constantly coming up with the ideas, you're the one constantly coming up with the solution. You're the one everybody turns to for guidance. You're the person always picking up the tab. You're the person that's the.
Speaker 2: Only one who's dreaming really big.
Speaker 6: You're the one that's pulling the wagon, and you happen to be carrying everybody.
Speaker 2: That's on it.
Speaker 6: Ain't none of your associates getting off the wagon to help you pull it, push it, guide it, or nothing. They just own the wagon and you're doing all the pulling. You need a new group. You need a new group.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: The problem with acquiring this new group is going to be that the fact is inevitable you have to get rid of the old group.
Speaker 2: And it's hard.
Speaker 6: It's hard cutting people loose because for the most part, you're just a nice person because you start beating yourself up with stuff that has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: Well, if I let them go, what they gonna do?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 6: How his family gonna eat? How her family gonna survive, How they gonna if I let them go?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: How they gonna feel about me? What will they say about me? What will the other group members think about me? But you know something, mad, that's not your job. And I'm not trying to sound cold to callous, but it's just not your job. They are responsible for themselves.
Speaker 2: But through this.
Speaker 6: Meaningless emotion called guilt, they will make you feel guilt about letting them go and making them stop riding up the heel and your wagon for free. And they use guilt, which is the most meaningless emotion, and they give it to you all the time.
Speaker 2: Y'all, do yourself a favor. Stop doing that.
Speaker 6: Stop carrying people who should be walking themselves. Stop pulling people up the heel and your wagon when they need to get their own wagon to pull.
Speaker 2: Stop, do yourself a favor, get yourself a new group.
Speaker 6: They will be fine because let me ask you a question. This is something my father used to say to me all the time, what would you do if you didn't know me? And I used to never understand when my father said it that until I got older, but I hear him saying it to me all the time. People come to you and ask you for money because I know you got it because you're doing better than them. Well, you work harder than them, so quite naturally you should be doing better them. Now they come to you and ladies guilt.
Speaker 7: Man, you.
Speaker 6: Done came up and all us, over all of us, and left us back. He now, we so proud of you.
Speaker 2: Let me hold.
Speaker 6: My father used to say, if you didn't know me, what would you do? So I started incorporating that in my life. If you didn't have my number, who would you call? I cannot be everybody's emergency. If you are everybody's emergency phone call, you need a new group. They gonna bring you down. Man, I'm telling you, they're going to bring you down. And when you go down, guess what they gonna get another emergency number. They not gonna be there for you. All these people that use you as they emergency, do you have the ability to use them as your emergency?
Speaker 2: I think not. It's time to look at getting a new group. Now.
Speaker 6: You can sever the ties with these people now, or you can wait until a major event occurs. That's gonna cause you have to break it off, and it's gonna be a lot more painful and a lot more costly, you know. But Bishop Jake said one time, sometimes you have to let people go so they can be freed up to go be who they're supposed to be, because some people just hanging on casts. It's comfortable because you've made it comfortable for people. And I'm talking to everybody out there. This ain't for me or people who have employees. This is for people who have people in their lives that's constantly pulling on you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: For twenty dollars here, forty dollars here, one hundred over here? My light bell went off. They cut this off. They calling me, I'm behind on my TAXI my income tax check.
Speaker 2: Ain't hear you?
Speaker 5: Man? Oh man?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 6: How many times do you get that? Stop being everybody's emergency phone call? Because if they didn't know you, what would they do? My father used to say, when they don't know you, what would they do? They need to get home and get to doing it. You can't save everybody because they'll bring you down. If you're the smartest person in your group, you need a new group.
Speaker 2: Y'all have a great day. Okay, I'm gonna have a good weekend too.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show