Speaker 1: Welcome back to everybody. It's a Dynasty Fantasy football podcast on Fantasy Pros. I'm your host. Scott Bogman followed me on the Twitter app Bogman Sports. I'mjoining it as always by Pat Fitzmorris at fits Underscore ff on the Twitter Machine. Apologies for not being here last week. I was jet lagged and very very tired coming back from Seattle in the All Star Game, FITZI did you miss me? Were you okay without me?
Speaker 2: I did miss you, Boggs. Dave Hollman did a great job of co hosting in your stead, but it is great to see you again. And did you enjoy yourself at the All Star Game? Did you get one of those Seattle dogs? I saw that it looked really good with the cream cheese and the fried onions. Like I'm a sucker for anything with cream cheese.
Speaker 1: So I must have passed eight million places that said the original Seattle Dog, the original home of the first Seattle Dog, original Seattle Dog Og, Seattle Dog. And I was like, my buddy has lived there for like a decade now, and I was like, what is Seattle Dog. He's like, it's just a hot dog with cream Cheine nuggets. I was like, okay, I don't need to try it. What I did try was Mason's lobster rolls. My buddies Zavi are Trish, who I do a college football show. His grandparents lived up there, so he suggested I try that. That was great. It was kind of small though, you know, I'm not a small dude. So and what was funny was it was kind of dead in there, and like four Astros fans were in there, and I don't know if you watched a lot of the weekend, but every time the Astros came in, boooooo boo. It was a lot of that. And the other thing that I tried, a local thing, was a pizza from this place I believe was called Mods and it had crab on top of it, and so crab pizza, you know, was a little bit bigger than a personal pan from Pizza Hut. And it was thirty dollars in the ballpark, of course, but I mean, dude, the jerseys were four fifty and I was like, okay, it looks like I'm gonna buy a hoodie here. I was like, gonna buy stuff for all my friends and everything. I'm like, first of all the line is an hour and everything is way too expensive, so you guys get pictures, so you know, so that's what I did. But yeah, I had a great time. Thanks for hosting, Thanks for Dave, Thanks to Day for filling in a great show that you guys had last week. And look, this one's gonna be a fun one because it's hot, takes time, and I try to not be too hot takey for the most part because I like the gray area. That's what I talk about, you know, age where a lot of things here seem to be black and white. You're on this side, you're on that side, and there's no middle ground. I try to hover in the middle ground. I try to look for realistic range of realistic expectations. There's like realistic expectations, there's reasonable outcomes, and then there's hot takes. So but this is a show where we are gonna do hot takes, and I read some of yours fits and we're gonna fight about some of these. So this is gonna be a very very fun one. Are you was it hard for you to make to get your list together and do hot takes? Because I found this a little more difficult because I feel like I'm, you know, kind of gray on most of these players. I do have takes that I like, but I think my hot takes are more about overall strategy than they are about specific players. So did you find this difficult or was this kind of easy for you to get this list together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, years are more about strategy. Mine are more about players, and I think mine are not necessarily things that I am one hundred percent convinced are going to happen. And like you said, Boggs, I think both of us we do have our strong opinions on certain players, but we generally try to be pretty measured. I mean, I guess I'm looking for possible outcomes where I could see a plausible way to this unexpected result happening. But Mo's I do feel kind of guilty dropping this episode. Now we're getting record temperatures all over the country, and now we're dropping these high takes that are going to melt people's faces off.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. I saw my buddies in Arizona just pass the most days in a row in recorded history of over one hundred and ten degrees. It's like twenty four days or something. Now that's running at and they broke the record at nineteen, by the way, and it's just nuts and here, Luckily you know I'm I'm an indoorsy person, not an outdoorsy person. But it's always like our feels like temperature is always like one fifteen one fourteen, because it's been like one hundred and one, one hundred and two, one hundred and three with fifty percent humidity here. So yeah, it's it's the hot time of year and we are ready to rock some of these hot takes here before we dive in and get in the first one. In this first one, I know Fitz and I are going to fight about it's gonna be a lot of fun. But let me tell you, guys about Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager. But the question is, have you tried it? It's time to see what all the buzz in the IC community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contracts in solar camp functionality, and much much more. If you think it sounds complicated. It is not the best thing about Reality Sports Online Fantasy Front Office that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is a platform to test your metal. Still not sure? You can test out your general manager skills for frube free and a mock. If you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to sign up and save money on your teamer league. Today. Fantasy just got real at Reality Sports online dot com. All right, Fitzy, let's get in to the hot takes. My first hot take, and I know you and I are going to find about this. I feel like wide receiver is deep. Maybe your opinion difference is different in dynasty, but I know in redraft you are a wide receiver thins out very quickly. You want to make sure you have your guys. And I will say that why wide receivers these days. I was talking about this with Joe on the AMP Show yesterday. It's an arms race at wide receiver. It's kind of like power in baseball. In a league where anyone can hit twenty five homers, you have to sustain power. You have you can't draft those one homer guys, and at wide receiver you can't wait too long to get them. But I do feel like there's a lot of talent at the wide receiver position. Plus this next draft class is going to have a decent amount of wide receivers as well, just like this one did. So I think if there's a position I'm waiting on, for the most part, you can't wait too long. I'm not going to wait till the six or seventh team my first white out, I am going to take him in the first four rounds. But I feel like your second third wide receiver maybe they can wait a little bit. So I feel like wide receiver is deep, specifically in dynasty. I know for redraft you don't like the depth of wide receiver. What about for dynasty do you differ there?
Speaker 2: So for done, I mean it is deeper. I think Bogs in that there are guys who have a plausible upside for the future or whatever, but you know you you're a play for now guy, Bogs, And in a managed league, and look, in most dynasty leagues, you have to start at least three wide receivers and con flex additional receivers. If you want. Man, it is hard to come up with three good ones. You know what. I like, three guys you can.
Speaker 1: Roll and performers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if we're talking about, you know, playing for the here and now as at least sixty seventy percent of all dynas teams, dynasty teams are going to be doing in twenty twenty three. Yeah, man, I don't think it's Steve Bogs. We are going to argue about this.
Speaker 1: There's the second tier, right, And that's really what I like is because you get I feel like you have plausible wide receiver ones down to like wide receiver eighteen nineteen, you know where I have them ranked. Anyway, I'm talking like Drake London could end up being a wide receiver one. No one would flinch. Debo could be back to being very productive, which I know a lot of people don't think. But I mean, if Christian McCaffrey gets hurt, Pepo's right back to his expansive role, you know what I mean. So, like, I like the potential wide receiver ones, and I think, like there's almost twenty guys that could be a wide receiver one even this year. And then you move down there we have like Addison just won the biletnikof Award. JSN had some of the best college numbers, specifically in efficiency on PFF. Ever, right, so I think those guys could end up being number ones. I think if Marquise Brown, like if they do decide to pass the ball more in Arizona, which I don't think they will do, but he's a guy that could be a wide receiver one. We've seen him do it before. Pittman is good. Deontay needs to add touchdowns. Juju's you know, has done it in the past. And there's good rookies Dotson and old guys even Evans Alan Cooper are good old shots like the top Like your top three wide receivers, I feel like, even if you're taking all the way down to thirty six, I feel like should be pretty good. And maybe my hot take is more about that flex spot. I don't want a wide receiver there. I want a high volume running back. So that's why I want those running backs early because number one running back could hurt so much. So if I take two early and I get a flex running back, if one of my other rbs goes down, now I have that option to move in. So in general, I'm also not playing a wide receiver at that flex spot if I can avoid it because I have high volume rbs. So maybe that's more of my hot take in here as we're discussing it, FITZI, is that maybe my hot take is don't take a flex wide receiver, take a flex running back because it helps for your depth as well. Maybe that's more it. But I knew you had that thought process. So where where does on your list on your dynasty list? Where where do you like, Let's just say I have to have two wide receivers by this guy that I have ranked here? Where would that be for you? Would it be like I want to of my top ten guys or is it like I want a top ten guy and a top twenty guy.
Speaker 2: I would say that between like wide receiver ones and wide receiver two guys in the top twenty four, Okay, Like I I want to have three of those guys on my team. I want to have more than average. You know, the in an average twelve well a twelve team league, the average would beat have two of those guys. Like I want more than average. I want to do more than keep up with the Joneses. I want to get ahead of the Joneses at wide receiver, and I mean, like you kind of see this in redraft, and you know, once once we get into the season, it's like you're playing redraft, right or as far as it should be, yeah, as far as just putting a light up out there and try to win every week. And I had an FSGA draft to redraft draft this past week, Bogs and I went wide receiver heavy. I hit wide receivers with four of my first six picks and five of my first seven, I think. And one of the teams drafting adjacent to me came out firing a wide receiver with four straight to help in the draft, and I believe he had like five of his first seven. So wow, the two of us were taking a big bite out of that position. And this was a fourteen team draft, Like yeah, yeah. When we got into the double digit rounds, I was looking at who some people's wide receiver threes were and it was like some of like rookie well like one person at Kadarius Tony as their wide receiver three, and I'm like, they're actually ahead of the game in this league at least, you know, not out of me and the other guy who was hit wide receivers hard, but ahead of everyone else because there were guys like Odell back out and that's someone's wide receiver three. And yeah, I mean it was just pretty pretty scruffy there with some of these things. And like if you fall into the trap of thinking wide receivers deep, that can happen to you where you are struggling to put a credible third receiver on the field in your lineup every week.
Speaker 1: Well, my other point to this is that there are a bunch of wide receivers coming out every year. We saw this class was very deep, the class before was very deep, and twenty twenty four should be just as deep. So I feel like wide receivers more replaceable than running back as well. So I feel like, you know, in a startup, I'm trying to get those rbs and then I will fill in the wide receivers later in the draft because there's going to be more available. And that it starts from, you know, Pop Warner in literally your best athlete is quarterback first, and then it's wide receiver, and then it's defensive end. So that's where we're going with the athletes first. So you see more and more of these better athletes translating to the NFL at the wide receiver spot. So I just I feel like it's deep. You don't. We can move on to your first hot take here and get away from the wide receiver's deep because we're just not gonna agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go over to quarterback Bogs, and I think that Sam Darnold is going to play more games at quarterback for the forty nine ers this year than anyone else and will make himself a desirable fantasy asset for twenty twenty four and beyond with his performance this year. So here's my case, Bogs, as far as the playing the most games this year, like we we know. So, I'm high on Trey Lance and we've talked about this. I'm not going to bore people with more Trey Lance Tarre, but clearly Kyle Shanahan and I don't seem to feel the same way about Trey Lance. It does seem like they are very reluctant to make him the guy, and I feel like it's not gonna happen this year. A less Shanahead is backed into a quarner and as far Rock Purdy, if there was a way to monetarily short the stock of Rock Purty like I would do it in a heartbeat. I just I don't think he's very good. I think he feasted on bad defenses last year. And if they want to make him their starting quarterback this year, I think he's going to run into problems. So darnold, you know, we know he has the draft capital. But after five years, yes, there's been a lot of disappointed a lot of disappointment. But let's look at those five years. Bocks comes into the league and his offensive coordinator is Jeremy Bates, who has had two very undistinguished seasons in the NFL as an offensive coordinator, and.
Speaker 1: Gas was calling a lot of those plays too, right.
Speaker 2: Well, that was that was year two, year two, and year three was Adam Gaze. So the first year was uh, Todd Bowles was the Jets coach. So then it's then it's Adam Gates for two years and we know that was just a complete train wreck. Then he goes to Carolina and it's Matt Ruhle for two years, who you know did not have a very successful So now he gets Shanahan as his offensive mentor, and everyone respects Shanahan's offensive acumen. I think we can agree on that now. Bugs In twenty twenty one, you may recall Darnold came out of the shoot hot. He had three hundred yard games in three of his first four games, and through four games he was the QB five in Fantasy, averaging twenty four point four points a game. He had five TD passes five TD runs, and maybe he eventually, uh, you know, if he does get another crack at a starting gig, maybe he runs a little bit more aggressively, because we've seen him do it before. Last year, made six starts for the Panthers at the end of the season, and if you take away his really bad Week eighteen game against the Saints where he was five to fifteen for forty three yards, he was actually pretty good otherwise, like eight point eight yards per attempt, which is really impressive, and a passer rating of one oh five seven tds won interception. So he has had bouts where he looked like a real NFL quarterback.
Speaker 1: And Schefter also pointed out Fitzi that they signed him day one of the free agency.
Speaker 2: Yep, they got him early, bollocks and the supporting is that who.
Speaker 1: He wanted to go to that cast is so good.
Speaker 2: Supporting cast is good, and the you know, the coaching staff is good. So this is going to be by far the healthiest ecosystem Sam Donald has ever had, and I think he could rejuvenate his dynasty stock. Well.
Speaker 1: First of all, your hot take is way hotter than mine, So I like that. I like that Sam Donald getting the most starts for the Niners because you know, most people have him three on the list. But I mean, look, if you're in a superflex, just throw a dart on this guy late and see if it works out. If it doesn't, what's the problem you wasted a thirteenth or fourteenth round pick on Sam Donald because people are passing him up because he seems to be third on the depth chart. Maybe he climbs a little bit to like ten if we see some good the tenth, ninth, tenth round, if we see some good like training camp stuff from him, Party is still behind and Lance is looking rusty and all that stuff. Like, there are ways where his stock rises, but I don't think it's going to get very high. He's still going to be a pretty cheap QB. So I like this one. I'm not going to fight back with you too much. I could see the range of reasonable outcomes for this quarterback situation. Really, anybody, you know, I'm with you, Fitz. If I was the head coach in San Francisco, I would say, we gave up three first round picks for Trey Lance. Let's give him a real shot. You know, we tried to last year, got hurt, didn't work it, Purty looked fine. We gave him so much capital for this guy, Let's give him a shot. But you know, meritocracy and Shanahan has done waiting on Trey Lance, So I like that one. I have kind of a I have a couple of quarterback takes here. My first one is that I think it's in specifically at the top, like I want to get in, especially in superflex, I have to have one of my top eight qbs that I have listed that would be in order, mahomes Allan, Hurts, Lamar, Burrow, Fields, Lawrence, and Herbert. After that, I find quarterbacks to be very very wishy, washed sheet in dicey right. Some of these guys are gonna work, and some of them are gonna have great years this year too. I'm not saying that there's not talent there, but I'm saying trustable assets. You know, I have Kyler Murray at nine, which I think is still you know, one spot higher than ECR. I believe it was ten the last time I saw in. You know, this guy's gonna miss half this season. This offense is going to change wholly and completely from Cliff Kingsbury, right, And how much do you want to run Kyler Murray coming off of a knee injury, so maybe he loses a little bit of value that way. I have Richardson at ten. I mean, the dude is supreme talent, physically gifted, shredded up all over the place. But we've seen plenty of supremely gifted athletes burnout a quarterback because they just can't do it. So even number ten is a little questionable to me. And then you move down it's just Danny Dimes maybe without Saquon, and they still haven't had enough wide receiver talent. You have undersized Bryce Young, you have wishy washy c J. Stroud, You have Dak who is on his weight down Cousins is older Frey Lance. I have is a big question and another one of my hot takes. Le'll just go ahead and throw it in here as well bits and talking about QBS is that I'm not touching Deshan Watson. The Russ look bad. Maybe he knocks it off, but even if he does, the plan in Cleveland is going to be to run the ball and play good defense. Under Stefanski, he's obsessed with Nick Chubb. So you know, for me, I don't like the quarterbacks after the top eight. You know, even my guy Kenny Pickett has some rushing upside, but is he a sure thing, especially if they don't switch offenses. Kua has had concussions, And after that you're going with like Goff, who has been a guy that the Lions have seemed to want to replace up until last year. You would agree with me, we have no idea what we're getting out of Jordan Love the Derek Carr is wishy washy. So when you get down to the lower rungs, I just don't feel good. So, especially in super flex, I'm leaving with a top eight quarterback at least one. So and if I'm drafting in a one QB league, I am prioritizing those top eight guys. They still go later, but I have to get one of my top eight because they just don't trust a lot beyond that, So your thoughts about the overall health of the quarterback position. Now, we should have a bunch coming in next year, which should be nice, but you know, between now and then, remember Spencer Ratler a couple of years ago was mock drafted number one overall and a bunch of spots, and you know last year he wouldn't have got drafted. So you know, there's just quarterback. We're seeing a lot of those old guys that were steady eddies retire. So the top is kind of you know, top three are great, but moving on past that, it's more dicey than it has been in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the prospects Bogs, I mean like there can be a real roller coaster that. Look at Bownecks, you know, hotshot recruits. Then you know, by the end of his time at Auburn he was just a pariah down there, and you know, now Stock very much rejuvenated, right, he's going out west. So but yeah, you know, I I don't even know if that's too spicy take Bogs because I kind of agree with a lot of it, Like the eight guys are bankable. Other than that, if you're I mean, who could you be supremely confident in that they will be starting in the NFL in twenty twenty five Beside those eight, Like, I mean, I'm pretty confident that Richardson, Stroud, and Bryce Young are all going to be starters in twenty twenty five barring injury. But you know, maybe Richardson never really develops as a passer the way the Colts are hoping. Maybe Young does deal with injury issues because of his size. You know, maybe maybe Stroud isn't you know, as polished as passers. We hope. I'm optimistic about those guys, but like, yeahn Watt the optimistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in terms of like for sure, it's right there.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, like a lot of these guys are getting older cousins, and you know, like I think Daniel Jones is still going to be around after he gave us a pretty impressive performance last year, but who knows. I mean, maybe it just worked out really well with Brian Davil last year and he can't repeat it this year.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Watson, my Watson take because I kind of threw two of my hot takes at you there.
Speaker 2: I'm somewhere in between thinking that he eventually gets back to being the Houston Texans version of Deshaun Watson and thinking that the new reality is what we saw from him last year in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Like, I think he's probably gonna touchdowns in five picks, and like you know, he was pacing out to under that seven hundred rush yard mark, which is a pretty good stabilizer for running quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's probably going to settle somewhere in between those two extremes, which you know isn't exactly a bold take there, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I got on a top eight take either. It's definitely it's not getting him into that top group that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why on I don't know if he cracks the elites again, I think you have good reason to doubt that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, well I gave you two so fits. Why don't you go ahead and rattle off a couple for us here?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll give you one right off the bat Bogs sikuon Barkley falls out of the top twenty as far as the consensus running back rankings for Dynasty after the twenty twenty three season. It was great to see Barkley stay healthy in twenty twenty two I mean he really needed to after missing all of twenty twenty eight, well all the two games with the Tory ACL in twenty twenty and then missing four games in twenty twenty one with akle issues. But Barkley kind of tapered off last year. Bogs like he was going great guns early in the season. Average eighteen point four. Well this is half point PPR. I didn't check PPR, but yeah, like his production really dipped off. It was eighteen point four half point PPR fantasy points per game up until week eleven, and then from we go got eleven on it was twelve point nine. So there was a drop off. And Bucks here's the thing, man, He's just not a special pass catcher anymore. Like he had that fabulous rookie season where he had like seven hundred receiving yards four TD catches, I forget how many receptions, like over seventy and then last year and the year like the past two years, six point one yards per catch, four point five yards per target. Those numbers kind of suck, I'll be honest, Like for a running back, those aren't good. Those are like AJ Dillon type receiving numbers. Box I think even Dylan was more efficient two years ago as a pass catcher, like he just I don't know why he hasn't been able to get back to that dynamic guy. Maybe it's the injuries. Maybe they've already taken their toll. I mean, he's only twenty six. Maybe he need it's like two years to have those injuries completely behind it before he can get back to being his old dynamic self. But we have not seen it out of him as a pass catcher at least, And you know, I was kind of worrisome how he was tapering off down the stretch last year. So I don't know, man, if you and oh and by the way, now he's probably gonna hold out and miss all of training camp because he was franchise tagged. The deadline passed for him to come to a long term agreement with the Giants. And how good do you feel about him staying healthy all of your bogs if he misses training camp.
Speaker 1: Entirely, I don't care about training camp for him at all, So that's not going to scare me off. I feel like training camp is almost a detriment to running backs. I feel like because they're going to take so many hits so many blows during the season, you don't want to doing too much in camp. And you know, my boy Nagy last year hurt his foot day one of camp, so I don't care about him missing camp at all. But I am afraid of this getting ugly, and I normally I wouldn't be because even like I was drafting Le'Veon Bell up until you know, two weeks before the season started when he was holding out, because we'd never really seen someone a running back like hold out and miss a bunch of games. That it happened before. I think Emmett Smith had done it, like he missed like four games or five or six games. But I was also like nine when that happened or whatever, So like I don't have a vivid memory of it. I knew it had happened before. But Belle set out the whole year and it was not the same running back when he came back. That's what I thought this take was gonna be. Was more about him missing time and all that stuff, not so much about last year. Look, this is one of my issues with Daniel Jones is that the reason he led this team in targets and catches. I believe last year the Giants. It was maybe not catches, but definitely targets. And you know, they didn't have anybody else. They had no downfield thread. I mean, Darius Slayton. We get open deep and drop the ball so many times it was so aggravating. Isaiah Hodgens is not a speed demon at all, so he's taken short routes and they weren't asking Danny to put the ball down field, which is why they drafted Jalen Hyat. It's why they traded for Darren Waller. You see. I feel like to get some of that middle of the field open a little bit more for those dump offs for Saquon to work so he doesn't have to then fight off four tacklers immediately after he catches the ball. So I think I'm still a Saquon guy. I understand his injury history, people not liking him, and you're one of those guys, and I get it, but I can't. I can't hate Saquon. I can't do it. So I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. But that's why it's a hot take, because it is hot. We're burning up the midnight oil on these here. So before we get to your next one fits. Since we're sharing some of our more wild takes on plenty of guys here, we have more value than consensus on this. It's important to understand how people at large value these players when you're trading. A tool that's a game changer in these situations is the Dynasty Trade Value charge. At fanacypros dot com slash trades, all the analysts here Fantasy Pros have come together to place values on each player and draft pick in order to help you make the best trade deals. Don't just follow our takes, act on them strategically by using this tool. Remember that's Fantasypros dot com slash Trades. Also, if you love this show and you want to interact with Pat and I directly, we will be answering your questions at five pm Eastern over our discord at Fantasypros dot com slash Dynasty Chat for premium subscribers, So please check that out, use the trade tool and come and talk to us about your trades. We love I mean, half of what we do there is breaking down trades that people have done, or they have been proposed or are about to propose to other people. So please come talk to us. We would love to answer your questions. That is so much fun. I mean, Fits and I text each other after doing that. I'm like, this is our job. He's got the talk fantasy football for an hour, Like, we definitely appreciate it. All right, I gave you to give me another one, Fits, what's your next hot take?
Speaker 2: All right? Bugs? And just to backtrack, I don't actually hate say Quon Bark, but I just do have concerns about his value going forward. But hater, so my next one, also running back related, I think Antonio Gibson becomes a consensus top fifteen dynasty running back by the end of the season, or at least I can see a plausible path to it happening. Look, as I've said before, he is as big as fast as Jonathan Taylor and is a former college receiver, so we know he can catch basses. And he scored double digit touchdowns in his first two NFL seasons. So last year he fell out of favor with Washington offensive coordinator Scott Turner for whatever reason. It had a career low one hundred and forty nine carries. But now it's Eric b Enemy's offense, and I'm optimistic that the enemy is going to up the usage of Antonio Gibson, and I think it makes sense for him to do so now that JD. McKissick is no longer on the roster. Like even in those first two years where Gibson was catching a lot of passes for Washington, he wasn't the leading pass catching running back on the team. It was McKissick. Mckissick's gone. I think Gibson is going to have the passing down work to himself, and hopefully a good percentage of the early downs too, because I think, you know, Brian Robertson, I'm not gonna trash him or anything. I think he's a decent running back, but I don't think he has special qualities, you know.
Speaker 1: I think i'd say he's above average, but not special. I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like he's a perfectly fine early down thumper, but I think he's pretty limited, and whereas I think Antonio Gibson has potentially special traits the size, the speed, and the pass catching ability. And yeah, so I'm I'm optimistic that Gibson is going to get more run this year under the Enemy than he got under Scott Turner last year. And I think you know in an offense that, yeah, it's probably not going to be one of the more prolific offenses in the league this year with Sam Howell att quarterback, but maybe Sam Hull dumps off a lot as a young, inexperienced quarterback who's going to be under duress a lot of the time. So it could fuel a potential. You know, sixty seventy five catch season for Antonio Gibson, and you know, if they can get him the ball in the space, this dude can make some big plays. So I'm cautiously optimistic about Antonio Gibson, and boy, if he does have a splashy earbogs, suddenly he could creep into that top fifteen range.
Speaker 1: I think the skill set you want to recognize with Antonio Gibson is what Deebo has, right. It's kind of the same thing where you want the ball in his hands and he can go and make an explosive play. He can break tackles, He's shifty, he's fast. So I really like this sake because I think Antonio Gibson a lot like our same Devin h Chain take fits he is that this guy doesn't need twenty touches to make an impact, you might get them. You might get way more touches than he had last year, especially if he proves it. So that's within a reasonable realm of possibility, I think too. But even if he doesn't, if he's a twelve to fifteen touch guy somewhere in that range every single game, he's got the juice to make big plays. So I really I'm gonna agree with this hot take because I like Antonio Gibson a lot, so I.
Speaker 2: Like that one.
Speaker 1: I do think Brian Robinson is a little bit of you know, like I said, above average but not great. He's not gonna blow you away with anything, but he can do everything. He can be a third down back. But I think you know, you exchange Jalen Warren for Brian Robinson's kind of the same thing going on, you know what I mean, So probably more of a back. But they do like him because he is a thumber and he runs hard. I wanted you do give us one more because I think this might be our last RB take sure, so so give us your your one on another take in this one, I'll fight you.
Speaker 2: On and and by the way, I would say Brian Robinson is above average. If the Cohort is all NFL running backs not so much if it's like starting Yeah, I would agree with that. All right, So this last one, Bogs, and I know you're gonna hate this one. I hate it. Zach Charbaday will be considered a more valuable fantasy asset than Kenneth Walker in Dynasty by the end of the year. So now, Bogs, My, my running back rankings in Dynasty do not reflect here's hot takes.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, he doesn't, yeh.
Speaker 2: In fairness, I mean, Kenneth Walker did show that he's a pretty dark good NFL running back last year within eleven hundred yards season after missing time early in the year, and he did it kind of over a part of a season. But here's the case for sharbon A Bogs. Both were second round picks and so it's not like there's a big draft kepital advantage here for Kenneth Walker. And as we know, Pete Carroll runs the closest thing to a true meritocracy that there is in the NFL. You know, we saw this with previously when Rashad Petty was a first round draft pick and couldn't get on the field. Yeah right away, because Chris Carson was better in Pete Carroll's eyes, and you know our own Thorne Eystrom, I know you respect his opinion quite a bit. I mean, he loved Charbona in his downhill running style. And I believe Thor had Charbonay ranked ahead of Junior Gibbs this past year in his rookie draft rankings. So and now Charbonay is coming into the league as a more accomplished pass catcher than Walker, who didn't really do much of that in college. Whereas sharbon A had thirty seven catches for UCLA last fall.
Speaker 1: Right the work, he was good. Kenneth Walker's quarterback, right.
Speaker 2: I know, I know that the system, although you know we didn't exactly see Walker lighting it up as a pass catcher last year either. It's really not his forte Bogs. We're not going to see him turn into a fifty to sixty reception guy. We're just not.
Speaker 1: So I okay, go ahead, So I'm sorry, no, no, that's okay.
Speaker 2: So I do think Walker's good, but I also think scharbon A is good, Bogs. I think charbon Ay is going to affect Walker's production in that you know, if he does affect his production all of a sudden, Walker is no longer like a clear top twenty dynasty running back. And you know, if if Pete Carroll decides he likes Charbona a little better, Charbona is gonna.
Speaker 1: Play ahead him.
Speaker 2: Boggs.
Speaker 1: We know that, Yes, And look, h is this within the range of reasonable outcomes? Yeah? I mean it could be. My fear for Walker and char for Walker against charbon Ay is that charone and he gets the goal line touches because he's bigger than Walker. That's like my big fear for Walker. But that's it because I feel like Walker is the better running back. Maybe not past catching, but I think given a chance to do it, you know, I think he's still I would rather have the ball in Walker's hands than Scharponaye's hands. Sharvion a can He can do a little bit of everything right. And he's a good running back. And I would say he's like better than Brian Robinson. I would say all around, he's probably like better than Antonio Gibson as well. You know, I think he's a good back. But Kenneth Walker is an elite back in my mind. I still have him as a top ten RB in my dynasty rankings. That's not going to change. And what it is is his breakaway possibility. He makes guys miss. And this was something he did at Michigan State with a bad quarterback, with a whole defense and that Michigan defense that he torched and one of the most impressive running back games I've ever seen in my life where he scored four touchdowns late and they just could not stop him. He war through the Michigan defense which ended up, you know, being in the playoffs like that was a very very good team. Lots of draft picks from that Michigan team and he ate them up when they knew what was coming. So Kenneth Walker to me, especially if Gino is cooking again, I think both these guys can work. I think they they will run the ball more because they have both of them than they did last year. I believe they were like twenty seventh or twenty third in rush attempts last season. It was pretty low. But I just Walker is the better running back. To me, the breakaway yards, the explosive plays are the difference maker for me between him and Charbonay, and Charbonay doesn't quite have that breakaway potential that Walker doesn't. There are not many running backs that do. So, not that Sharvion Ay can't have big chunk runs, but Walker gets them and he'll get the most game so and I still think he leads in touches. So I don't agree with this one, but I do understand the fear of Sharbonnay. And look, I was as bummed as anybody when I saw the Seahawks draft Charbonnay and I went, oh, because that hurts both of them. I would much rather have Sharbona and Tampa Bay or something, you know, taking carries away from Rashad White. So all right, I think, yeah, So that's all the running back ones. Let's go back over. I got a couple of wide receiver ones here. But before we move on to our next hot takes, let me tell you about Our next giveaway is for a free Ultimate Custom Championship Belt from our friends over at Trophy Smack. To win, all you have to do is subscribe to Fantasy Pros YouTube the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel that you're watching this on, comment on this video.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Also, if you love our content, please give us a like and click that belt. You get notified each time a new video drops and you'll be entered in to win that custom championship belt from our buddies over at Trophy Smack, go and do it today. Let's get some wide receivers in here, Fitzeen. We'll go a little faster, and I have two sleepers to tell you about here real quick, Jamis and Williams. I feel like he is severely underrated as ecr is. I think thir thirty one. I have him at seventeen and on the same team with John Metchie, who all talked about in a second. His last year in college, he was top five in yards and yards have to catch, top ten in yards per reception, in top fifteen in yards per route run. And this is as close a prospect that we've had to DeAndre Hopkins in a long time. And because I'm monra Saint Brown is, you know, a top ten wide receiver now in the NFL, We're just overlooking Jamis. And he also has a suspension that you know has kind of clouded him by the way. His easyard moved up one spot today to thirty. I have him at seventeen. We talked about this in the wide Receiver episode before, but I just need to rehit it because this is one of my hottest takes, even though we did talk about it before. I want to rehit it and tell everyone I am all in on Jamison Williams. I'm trading for him, I'm drafting him, whatever you have to do. And his Alabama teammate, John Metchi, who is in Houston fits is just my number one sleeper across You know what I want you to guess, because you're not looking at it. What do you think John Mechi's ECR among wide receivers for Dynasty.
Speaker 2: Is right now, It's probably gonna be like seventy something.
Speaker 1: Seventy one, wow one, I mean, I mean there are some people going ahead of John Metchie. Let's see. So he's at seventy one, just ahead of him, Al Lazard, Cedric Tillman, who hasn't played yet for Cleveland by the way, and they traded for Elijah Moore is ahead of John Metchi. You know, Tyler boyd Romeo Dobbs, DPJ, Michael Thomas who can't stay on the field, Wandel Robinson who's done nothing, Nicole Collins, his teammate, who is fine but a jag in terms of wide receivers, I think John Metchi was underrated coming into the NFL, and then of course he had the cancer diagnosis. So I understand, you know, there's a lot of injury stuff for him, and we saw James Honor after, you know, his going through his stuff with cancer, having some injury issues. I get that, but John Metchi has a chance to be the number one in Houston. There's opportunity there for him to be the number one because Robert Woods, the ghost of Robert Woods, is like the only competition he has. Right So when he left college, he was top ten in receptions, yards after the catch, contested catch rate, and mistackles forced top ten in all of those stats. And we're you know, he blewed his knee in the SEC championship game in twenty twenty one, he had the cancer diagnosis. It's been it's been a rough year. It's been a rough two years for John Metschie. But this guy, I feel like was underrated coming in the NFL, and he had the cancer diagnosis, and now people are acting like he's, you know, not going to do anything in the NFL. I mean, seventy one. That is you know what a wide receiver six, I mean that is absurd, and I have him as my ECR wide receiver forty eight, and I will take him in every single startup that I do, and I will trade. You can probably trade a third round pick to get Mechi now a fourth round pick maybe in some leagues for a team that has depth at wide receiver. Another reason why I think wide receiver is deep is because I think some of these guys are severely underrated. FITZI, so, Jamison and Metchi. I'm not an Alabama fan, I swear, but these guys really impressed me. What do you think about those two guys in terms of their ECR.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no pushback whatsoever on Jamison. What he did in tuscal leos So is very impressive. Draft capital, speed, physical, trades, everything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't like that he got himself suspended for gambling, but I think everyone agrees that he's got a really high ceiling. Metchi, I know he was highly productive in his third and final season at Alabama, and you know, also very productive as a sophomore two. I just wonder bugs if he has like any special traits. I mean, like he was productive, but granted in a very good offense surrounded by other terrific players. Like, he's not big, he's.
Speaker 1: Not fast at least not though that it's that that contested catch right in those mistackles force that really impressed me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like if he is, I'm not discounting the possibility that he proves to be, you know, exceptional after the catch in the NFL. But I just I don't know. I just like I don't see him being a special guy. I'm interested in him, for sure, but right now, my expect expectations are not nearly as high for Metchi as they are for Jamison, And really, you know, to be honest, I don't have any expectations for Mechi right now.
Speaker 1: And that's and that's understandable and that's fair. But I also think that is what is making him a value right now, is that not a lot of people have expectations. So, I mean, if you had Metchi and your roster and somebody offered you a twenty twenty four to third, knowing that twenty twenty four class is fairly deep, do you think he'd pull the trigger on that get a third?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So so do it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying is go go do that trade. Yeah, because you could I mean, and maybe someone sees him as a real dirt, cheap guy. Maybe you could trade a fourth if you even have four rounds of europe Draft next year. So those are a couple of my wide receiver ones. What do you have on wide receivers here?
Speaker 2: Fitz all Right, blogman, would it surprise you if by the end of the season, Jaden Reid was considered the most valuable Dynasty asset among the Green Bay Packers wide receivers, more so than Christian Watson. That shocked you.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't shock me, but it would surprise me because I also like Welsh and I just got done doing a breakout show and I picked Watson to be a breakout So I do expect him to lead the Packers in like targets and catches this year. But you know, Jayden Reid is pretty good, so I'm not like, it wouldn't be shocking, but I would say it would be surprising to me.
Speaker 2: Watson isn't.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: I'm very cautiously optimistic about Watson. I mean, the size and speed combination is potentially special, and there were some flashes last year. I mean, there were some big plays, but an inordinate amount of his production came on big plays last year, Bogs. And if you compare the games where he and Dubbs played together, like as far as just net stats, receptions, targets, yardage, I think Dubbs actually outdid him in the games they played together.
Speaker 1: It's not hard to squint and see mvs with Watson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like, I don't think he's gonna be that type of guy. But if you look at him versus Reed, both second rounders, you know, and Reed was actually playing against much tougher college competition in Michigan State than Watson was at North Dakota State. So you know, again, Watson did have some exciting moments as a rookie, but I like read a lot too, Like he's he's pretty special at contested catches, Like in that department, he is really good and also really good acceleration, and he's good with the ball in his hands, as you know, proven by his three punt return touchdowns during his college career. So I'm kind of excited about this guy. And while I'm also excited about Watson, I don't think it's a slam dunk that he makes it and becomes this coveted dynasty asset like it's possible that you know, he doesn't get there, and I think people think he's maybe kind of a I don't know, like it's a done deal, like Watson's already there and people are excited making him like a top twenty five Dynasty guy. I'm not sure I do.
Speaker 1: I actually I have Watson at twenty five, So it's funny that you mentioned that because I couldn't put him in like my wide receiver twos, know what I mean? So I I have him at twenty five. I can tell you that Red's ECR right now is forty nine, so one spot below wide receiver four, So he's your first wide receiver five coming off the board, which makes him a cheap asset right like he's going in the range of Courtland Sutton, Marvin Mins, Gabe Davis, Tyler, Lockett, Cadarius Tony. Are you taking read ahead of those guys or are you okay with his ECR? But he is a targeted player and investment that you would like to make, not.
Speaker 2: Taking him out of Tony, I am taking him ahead of Lockett, Boggs. You know what an agist I am? And you know and now JSN is there to you know kind of crimp Lockett style. So and who was it? Was there a third guy you mentioned in that Uh, the.
Speaker 1: Last one I think in that group was Marvin Mins Gabe Davis Courtland's Oh yeah, yeah, so I'll probably take something. But I like the investment in the thought process, and this is this is where the thought process is good fits on things like this is there's opportunity for him to be a one. Right, that's my same thought process with Metch Like there is blood in the water. This job is up for the taking. It's not just we're not gonna just give it to Watson. Watson should be the one. He's gonna be in the role of the one to start the season. But if he doesn't lock it down the first three weeks, this job is open. You know, packers are kind of rebuilding here, so you know this, this becomes a meritocracy very quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, Bogs, I mean the ECR is fair on Reid because he hasn't done anything yet. He wasn't like a dynamic prospect. He didn't you know, put up eye popping numbers at Michigan State. But he's a very intriguing prospect that it wouldn't surprise me if we thought about him much differently after his rookie year than we're thinking about it right now.
Speaker 1: All right, So I've got two more for you here, and I'm just gonna give him both to you want to a player and one is more of a once again a draft concept. One the player is Malik Willis. I don't think he is dead yet, and I know the Titans went out and they drafted will Levis, right, and he is probably going to be the straight back of Tannehill. Something bad happens with Tannehill this year, injury, bad performance, whatever. I do think Will Levis is their go to guy, right. But let's not completely throw away Malik Willis yet, because he is one of those is you would call them fits, a Konami code rusher. So if he cleans up his mechanics a little bit, if he becomes more familiar and with experience, and we know from that whole draft process this is a hard worker. He was thrust in way too early last year. We all saw that. And I'm not doubting that Josh Dobbs got the start over him. He just wasn't ready and he should not have been put in that position either, I think that was a mistake by Vrabel and the coaching staff in Tennessee, which is a very good coaching staff that doesn't make many mistakes. So, but he's not dead yet, and I think that maybe it's getting out of Tennessee. Maybe it's that, you know, he pushes will Levis this year and earns that number two role behind him quicker than we thought. I just like it specifically in a super flex to invest in Willis just in case, even as a grab and stash whatever it is, because of that rushing upside. That's my big take quickly on Willis since we are kind of running short here, FITZI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally agree, Boggs. We knew he was going to be a project coming into the NFL. I just think people got so people, including the Tennessee Titans, were so I don't know, depressed by the first go around, and like when they brought in Josh Dobbs at the end of this season to make starts at quarterback, I think like that really killed enthusiasm for Willis among Dynasty managers. But maybe it shouldn't because we knew he was going to be a major long term project.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, So that that's my thought process. If you can get him real cheap, get him as a throw in on a trade, whatever it is, maybe even scoop him off off the wider and stash him if they do. Say, you know, Will Levis is the guy because that rushing upside is incredible for him. So let's not throw him completely away yet. My last hot take is to me, tight end is very, very deep fits. There's so much sound there. That's this position that if I don't get a top five and the ECR top five is the same as my top five, it's you know, Pitts, Andrews, Kelsey, Hawkinson, Kittle. But I don't get one of those guys, I'm probably just gonna wait. Maybe you're throwing.
Speaker 2: Goddard top six whatever.
Speaker 1: Still a high volume guy, but he's got Brown and Devonte Smith to deal with there. You know, I like Furmouth, I love kin Kate. He's a great shot. But even if you move down past like in Djoku and Waller and Dulkisch, let's get to some of these rookies. Let's get down to Mayor Laporta, Commet McBride, Jelanie would must Grave. These are all solid prospects to hit and could possibly push up into that high tight end marker. So if I don't, I'm not really too worried about tight end and dynasty and getting one because I think there's a lot of good shots to take. And I didn't even mention at conk Wo because they just added Hopkins and obviously he's gonna get pushed down a little bit, but he could end up being very very good as well. So I just think the wealth and depth of the tight end position makes me wait on drafting that position, even in a startup. So your thoughts on the tight end position here, then I know you have a tight end hot take as well.
Speaker 2: I agree with you that there are a lot of maybees at tight end, a lot of plausible maybees. I don't agree that there is a lot of proven talent out there, and really like only probably the five guys you mentioned at the top Kelsey, Andrews, Hits, Hockinson, Kittle, maybe Goddard, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think, God, it's like maybe he's on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are six guys you feel totally comfortable starting, you know, five or six, and that's half or less about a dynasty league, So it's I can't totally agree with you, Bogs. My tight end take is that Jake Ferguson is going to be considered a more valuable fantasy asset than Chig o'cockwall popular breakout candidates by the end of the season. Ferguson totally flying under the radar ocockquo everyone's you know, preseason darling. But Ferguson was drafted ahead of Jig in the fourth round last year, Bogs. Ferguson had much better college numbers at Wisconsin. Yeah, maybe there's some scouts that bias here. Then Chig had at Maryland while playing in the same conference, and Ferguson at six five and two hundred and fifty pounds is bigger than Chig, who is only six two and two forty three. And Ferguson's gonna have a better quarterback this year with Dak Prescott rather than Tannehill. So with Dalton Schultz gone, And yes, the Cowboys drafted Luke scoon Maker, but I really think he's more of a blocker than a pass catcher. Like I think there is a possibility that Ferguson really surprises people as a pass catcher this year at Boggs. When he was at Wisconsin, Like from his sophomore year on, he was the number one pass catcher in that offense. Now that's that saying a lot. I was a very run heavy offense. That Dell was a really bad quarterbacking. But man, you saw it all the time when they were, you know, in third and long and it was crunch time, they were going to Jake Ferguson and not the receivers.
Speaker 1: Look if it's disagreeing with my point and then making my point, by the way, love that Ferguson. I didn't even mention him. He's another guy that's down there in that possibility of being in. I mean, Dak loves a good tight end. We know that, so did the guy. Didn't even mention that you brought up. And I think he's a good option at tight end too. So I will agree with you in your Jake Ferguson case because it also helps my hot take that tied end is deep. So one last one for you, fifteen. I love this one that you have on a sheet here, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other ones have all been player related bogs. This one is league related, and some people are absolutely going to hate me for saying I can just see what our buddy Shane Manila is going to say about this. He would just like be cursing a blue streak. I mean, dynasty leagues should have a trade deadline, and it should come before the end of November. Boggs, you've talked about how you are very play for now in your approach to dynasty, and part of the reason is, and you've mentioned this, is because so many dynasty leagues fold. And it's true a lot of them do fold. And we want leagues that last. And the best way to make them last is to strive to achieve harmony among all the managers and to avoid major blow ups with arguments. What causes blow ups lopsided end of the season trades that like charge title contenders. And look, if you're one of the other title title contenders and you watch some like Cellar Dwelling team sell off like their three or four most valuable acts, their brother you know, yeah, to like whoever, like like a single right and and to help that other title contending team really stop the accelerator on the way to the championship. You were going to be angry about that, like you can't help it, so put the trading deadline in man, Like, if you want to make that trade at the end of November, if you want to make it on Thanksgiving weekend, that's fine. Man, when you're making it like in late December, like right before. Some teams allow trading during the playoffs, I think that's kind of crazy. I just think it's too much. Yeah, it's just way too much trouble for big Brew hahas. In the leagues, no one wants that. Just avoid the sort of aggravation that brings leagues to you know, an end. Yeah, and no more. I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I'll add on to it too. Don't do league votes on trades. Have a commissioner that everybody trust, and you know, most trades are most trades are fine. The only reason to not accept the trade, even if it's a bad trade, in my opinion, is collusion.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Which some of those trades look collusiony. So maybe you have to go and get a thought process from the guy doing the bad side of the trade and say why are you doing this, and have a commission that will do that for you. I think adding a trade deadline helps as well, you know, and just talk to your league mates and figure out what's best for everyone and what they agree on and get it before the season starts, so you don't have to make changes in season. But I completely agree with that hot take as well, Fitsie. So look that those are hot takes. We did it, We tried to get them in here. We disagreed of course, because they're hot takes, and not all of them are going to pan out because they are hot takes. But hopefully you guys enjoyed it. Hope you guys agreed or disagreed. I know so passionately. This will be probably the most commented on show that we do this season here, Fits, but there it is. We got our hot takes in. Remember you can follow us on the Twitter apt Boglin Sports for myself at fits Underscore FF for FITZI, and we will see you guys next week to talk some players at the Crossroads and I got a lot of players for that one. This is going to be a fun episode next week as well, so tune into that and we will see you guys next week. Take it easy, everybody.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com. Slash Fantasy Pros