Speaker 1: Do you like my new camera angle?
Speaker 2: It's great. My camera angle is still the same.
Speaker 1: Why are you not using the fancy camera that they gave.
Speaker 2: Us because I use that for animation?
Speaker 1: Now, real nice, you took the fucking iHeart Sony camera and don't use it for the What if we want to one day put these on YouTube and you're gonna look like that and not high death?
Speaker 2: That's fine with me.
Speaker 1: You don't give two f's.
Speaker 2: This camera's high death.
Speaker 1: It's just not that sucks.
Speaker 2: It's just not four K bro, that's all.
Speaker 1: You look pixelated compared to me.
Speaker 3: Look okay, but I guess you know, I guess it's okay.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Disneyland. We went to Disneyland.
Speaker 3: Oh so fuck? Did oh my god?
Speaker 1: Did you have fun? Joelle and Donald made lightsabers?
Speaker 2: I did make a lightsaber.
Speaker 3: I got miss the ied in there.
Speaker 4: I cried a little bit.
Speaker 1: It was did you cry in there? For real?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Listen, Disney has to give those performers a raise because they really so all the experience, Like there are moments like when you take out your credit card, you're like, okay, I'm not in the Star Wars universe.
Speaker 3: It's broken.
Speaker 4: But then they take you through like a dark tunnel in a secret room and the lights change in their sound effects. And I don't want to spoil it if you're gonna go to Disney, but magic really happens in that room, and then you leave with a joke ass lightsaber.
Speaker 3: It's I already booked tickets to go back to Disney.
Speaker 1: Joe, you should have seen Joelle and Daniel because Donald has been thereazillion times. Take in the Star Wars World these guys. It was amazing. I felt like I felt like a proud parent watching my kids digest Disney for the first time. It was amazing, magical. Seriously, I do want to say that I was disappointed in the Spider Man ride. Oh really, you guys weren't there when we did the Spider Man Ride. No, but Donald your thought. I know you're probably not gonna say anything negative about it about the Marvel universe, but I didn't think the ride lived up to any hype.
Speaker 3: It was fun, it was the exact same.
Speaker 1: It's like they bought the Toy Story ride and just re and rebranded it with different stuff.
Speaker 3: The best the best ride in.
Speaker 1: The changing the subject. You changed the subject.
Speaker 3: It may still and always will be the Guardians of the Galaxy ride.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, so the Rise of the Resistance not Rise of the Resistance.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, that's a great ride too, It's it's but the best ride in the park still is Guardians of the Galley.
Speaker 1: You just see most geeked when you drive the Millennium Falcon. That's when you came out.
Speaker 3: Like, well, I was just trying to see how many coaxium you guys got, and you guys only got one.
Speaker 2: I got two.
Speaker 4: You know, we don't know all thee We were not the first people to drive the money.
Speaker 3: There's there's no sequel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you owned your skills.
Speaker 3: I was one of I was, if not the first, the second person to fly the Millennium Falcon at Disneyland, California. I'm not necessarily supposed to tell anybody that, but I did anyway.
Speaker 4: And now the whole world knows.
Speaker 2: The whole world knows.
Speaker 1: Donald you.
Speaker 3: I think I got in trouble for that too, because I told everybody at celebration. They told me, and uh and and Bobby moynihan, who also flew the Millennium Falcon that day at celebration in Chicago, don't tell everybody that you flew the Millennium Falcon. And I was like, okays, why would they care? I walked out on stage at the Star Wars show and I was like, I was the first person to fly the Millennium Falcon.
Speaker 1: What other things were really fun? How was how was prise of the Resistance? We didn't Oh, we didn't get to do it because it broke down. Apparently it's so complicated that it breaks down a bunch. I was to you serious, yeah, and I'm sure that. Wow, fine, but it's very hard to get to get to get on it. And then and then when we thought we had a slot, it broke down. Wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, Loki, I'm thankful that we we Then we left when we did because I was thinking, I was, you know, I wasn't going to pressure Drowell into this. But as the time kind of ticked longer and longer, I was like, Okay, we want to leave around four, but we'll do rise the Assistance at four, then we'll go. And when they said it's going to be closer to five five thirty, I was thinking, maybe we can stay another hour, but that's a long time. We're gonna hit crazy traffic. On the way back, we get seven or eight. It was it was so hot. It was the hottest time I've ever been.
Speaker 3: You guys, we would have been fine, it would have been all good. But we made one critical era. What was that we drank the margaritas. After the margharita, everybody got tired. After the margaritas. Everybody was like, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Second we got to cal the second we got to California Adventure. Listen, I've barely been drinking. But the second we got to Cali California Adventure in one hundred degree heat, I saw the margaritas stand and I was like, we need.
Speaker 3: Frozen, frozen margaritas now.
Speaker 1: And then we had like a frozen margarita's and then all of a sudd and him was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to go home.
Speaker 1: I want to go home.
Speaker 3: And my kid was so pissed off. My kid was like, wait a second, we got two more hours, Dad, I want to go to the.
Speaker 1: Moment he was about to get on, uh, what's the he was on Space Mountain and he felt we had just eaten. So he was like his stomach was rumbling and he's like, I can't do it. I can't do it. Then they all went on Space Mountain. They came off Rocco literally have a movie. Let's out a huge burp, and he's like, Okay, I'm ready to go on Space Mountain.
Speaker 3: I love it. Did that? Did Henry ride the in credit coaster?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, My next Henry.
Speaker 1: Had never been on an upside down roller coaster and uh, and he finally conquered his fears and did it next to Uncle Donald.
Speaker 3: You know, the first time we I he ever went to disney Land was with me and he was seven years old, and uh, I tried to convince him to get on the roller coaster which was then the California Screen, and he said he didn't want to do it. All right, flash cut too. Now I have a seven year old and my seven year old is it was like, I'm getting on this ride so to make up for missing it when we were when you know, all these years ago, fourteen years ago, I got to ride with Henry this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing. That was sweet. By the way, the funniest part of the day was I mean, there were so many far new parts to day. I laughed my ass off, but we bring Wilder Donald's little girl. How old is she donald, She's six, She's six into the Haunted mansion, and she's like not feeling it. And then all of a sudden, we're in that first elevator part and there's a giant like witch scream and Casey goes, oh, Joelle, I'm trying to convince Wilder that it was Joelle being silly.
Speaker 4: I thought, okay, so I really did scream in there. She was actually like, Joel is screaming.
Speaker 3: I thought I was screaming.
Speaker 1: Did you do a big witch cackle?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: Oh, it was you. I totally miss read it. I thought that was part of the ride, and then I thought it was part of the ride and that Casey was trying to soothe a Wilder I being like silly.
Speaker 3: Joel, Joelle actually did it, actually did the scream.
Speaker 1: Wait, we have to talk about Black Widow because I don't know if you saw that. Some early like screenings must have happened, because Florence Pugh was trending on Twitter today. Oh really, and someone said get ready for the Marvel Puniverse. Wow mc pu Yeah, I mean I guess. Check out Indie wired Daniel and they had this whole article about how Florence Pugh steals the movie. So, hell, I'm proud of our girl. Surprise at all.
Speaker 3: That's why the hired her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's amazing. And by the way, so Carrie Brothers, our friend, got tickets because he's like that for July ninth when it comes out, and he says to me, I got to Florence is gonna be out of town because she's shooting a film. And he goes to Donald. He's like, you want to be the fourth And I'm thinking, like, Donald's gonna be able to go without Casey and like the kids. He's like, hell, yeah, I want to be the four. And me and Donald and Carrie and his wife have a have a date for July ninth for Black Women. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Very early screening.
Speaker 3: Now the fingers crossed everybody.
Speaker 1: It's season five, y'all. Let's let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Six seven, eight, stories about sure we made about a bunch of docs and nurses. He said, he's a story nell.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, what musical is this from. I'm gonna change the lyrics, but keep the tune.
Speaker 3: Here we go, I got it. I already wait.
Speaker 7: Dum dum.
Speaker 3: Dud No, that wasn't it.
Speaker 1: By the way, we walk into the Avengers part of the Art of the World and they're cranking like different scores from different movies, and Henry goes, Okay, that's aunt man. And now I think they just went into Avengers end game like you know, my nephew knows the different score moments.
Speaker 3: Cool af Yeah.
Speaker 1: And my whole family. They're so delightful. I love them. Okay, ready season five, Season five? Who are you?
Speaker 3: What have you?
Speaker 1: Season five?
Speaker 3: That's Jesus Christ Superstar.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Joel Daniel Donald. You didn't get that?
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm disappointed in you.
Speaker 3: Did you get did you do? You know what mine is? Sometime about this one? How about this one? It's now season five of that show we call Hall Scrubs. It's now season five of that show we call Whole Scrubs. It's season five, season five. It's he's in five.
Speaker 1: Okay, who were you doing that for? Was it Jess Weiss, the our composer friend? You were like you Carrie's wife. Jess is a composer and Donald was showing off to her that he had the entire No.
Speaker 2: They asked me to do it, and I did the whole No.
Speaker 1: But I thought like you do like like the cookie part, but I was only went through like yeah, he was doing like the like the de Neumont like Cello parts.
Speaker 3: Dude, Donald, I did not spend time I got.
Speaker 1: Back on the horse man I have the whole time I was doing cheaper by the dozen. I was doing weights, but not cardio, and man, I gotta tell you, it's uh, it's hard to get back. It's a testament to how far I made it because I tried for a second to do where I was at and that was not really doable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I uh, you know, we walked Disneyland.
Speaker 1: So that was our cardio.
Speaker 3: No, And then the very next day I played golf. Right after that, Oh wow, I played golf the next day and walked another six miles. And today my legs are a little, uh, they're a little worn out.
Speaker 1: Little jelly. Yeah, but I gotta say, I will say the good thing about Peloton is that it's kind of like a ski mountain. You know, you can just do it at whatever level you're at. And I was certainly getting pretty darn good at it. Not Casey Cobb good, but good. And today I was like, oof, back to the bunny slopes. I gotta build back up.
Speaker 3: I like that I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm doing I'm putting in the hustle.
Speaker 2: Donald, I'm gonna put in the work.
Speaker 1: I'm putting in the hustle. I need you to join me on the hustle.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put the work in with your peloton.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Not only am I got a peloton, I'm also gonna lift weights too, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish you'd joined me at my gym. I I send Donald pictures because I other than my girlfriend. I can't only send progress shots to anyone because you know, but I send them to Donald.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm gonna be honest with you. Uh oh, it's a little it's a little gay, but.
Speaker 1: Sending you my progress shots, I thought that.
Speaker 3: You'd be it's nothing but you and like these really tight shorts with your shirt off, and for some reason, I get a weird boner.
Speaker 1: So I just want if it shifts, it shifts, don't deny what you're feeling.
Speaker 3: I didn't deny it. I just said it just feels a little gay. Okay, I'm okay with that. Does nothing wrong with That's fine, dude.
Speaker 1: We're all a little gay.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gay in Hollywood shit right.
Speaker 1: Listen, I remember what is it, the Kinsey scale, which is the determines where on the straight gay spectrum you fall. It's okay if you if your Kinsey scale moves donald because you saw my abs.
Speaker 3: Your abs are fucking fierce. Okay, you have fierce abs right now.
Speaker 1: I met you and McGregor, and my Kinsey scale just blew up. It was like it was like.
Speaker 2: Boy, it was no longer a scale.
Speaker 3: It was just like it was like just a dot with you. And it was like when you get on the sea, when you get on the sea saw and somebody jumps off when they're on the bottom and you're crashing down.
Speaker 1: That's what happened when I met you and McGregor.
Speaker 3: He was like, hello, there, you like that, And I was like, that's all right. Do you remember how it was when we met Benjamin Bratt?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that, Yeah, same thing, Sea sawce Sea saw fell.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: We were grabbing each other's hands. We weren't slapping, we were holding like it was like we were trying to hold each other's heads like oh my god, oh my god, it's all right.
Speaker 1: Just let it happen. Let my abs wash over you.
Speaker 3: If it moves and moves Donald, do you go every day?
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm during the movie. I was just going when I could, and now I'm Now that I'm done with the movie, I'm gonna. I'm committed to going three times a week and then doing cardio on the two days off.
Speaker 2: Good for you, man, that's my.
Speaker 1: Commitment to myself. And I'll hopefully sneaking in some tennis with you, my friend. Okay, all right, let's talk about TV show Scrubs. This is season five. Speaking of fit, How fucking fit are you? In season five?
Speaker 2: I lost some weight.
Speaker 1: Bro, you look good. Do you remember what was going on? You looked like Tay Diggs I had.
Speaker 3: I had a new girlfriend. Uh, and I was trying to keep up.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know what it was. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: Casey or a different one.
Speaker 3: Season five is a different one. So yeah, it's it's Casey.
Speaker 1: Oh a new one meaning Casey.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was Casey coming in.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, listen, we're attendings.
Speaker 2: We are attending.
Speaker 1: This episode was written and directed by the legendary showrunner Bill Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Very new things like the new new things that I I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, this isn't a fantasy.
Speaker 1: First of all, this is the ultimate example in all nine years of Scrubs, the most egregious example of this isn't a fantasy is in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you in a backpack.
Speaker 1: I'm in a backpack and it's not a fantasy.
Speaker 3: And then folding up with your feet by your face and.
Speaker 1: It's not even it's not even a giant backpacking backpack. It's like a school backpack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you fit inside of it. And that's how we sneak into the movies, and that's how I sneak you into my house, my apartment.
Speaker 1: I should say, I know, and by the way, I cracked up at it. But I just don't know why Bill didn't just decide to flash out and make it a fantasy, but he really stayed committed to it being real life.
Speaker 3: There's so many moments in this that are like that, even with the cardboard cutouts, Get the heck out of here. You hide in the cardboard cutout, You hide in the cardboard cutout.
Speaker 1: Amidst amidst amidst the cardboard cutout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, you hide a minced however, you say that shit AMIDST.
Speaker 1: You can't say amidst amidst.
Speaker 3: The other you hid AMIDST.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 1: You were ami dst amidst.
Speaker 3: You hid a midst.
Speaker 1: Nice. He nailed it.
Speaker 2: The cardboard cutouts.
Speaker 1: I did. But that's believable, No, bro, Well what's not what's not unbelievable is that the janitor went into a copy room for thirty seconds, second comes out and was able to make a cardboard cutout of me.
Speaker 3: That and Turk dropping the birth control pill.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. First of all, let's be real for a second. Wouldn't a wife, a woman be fucking livid on the verge of ending of marriage over there? No?
Speaker 2: Not, unless I mean, if.
Speaker 1: You're dosing her secretly with birth control bills.
Speaker 3: It's clear that they didn't have a conversation about this baby. She said she wants to have a baby, and he's like, all right, fine, I'll do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: Pretty much would happen.
Speaker 1: Bro, you're hiding birth control pills in her food?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she said she wants to have sex. Listen, I'm gonna tell you somebody now, making the baby is a lot of fun. But once the baby is in there, the sex stops. Man, it's over.
Speaker 1: Women get really randy when they have a baby.
Speaker 3: Every now and then, but not every day. Look you heard what he said. In the last eight days, we had sex twenty times. Do you know how much I would love that if my wife for the next eight days was like, we gonna fuck twenty times. We gonna fuck twenty times in eight days, baby, So you better get ready. Man, I'll be drinking all of the pineapple juice I needed to drink. I would be doing anything. I would be drinking red bulls, listen, anything and everything. To fuck twenty times in eight days, that's a freaking dream come true for me. I don't know about Joe.
Speaker 1: Put that on a T shirt, Joel in the merch Store quote quoth Donald Faison.
Speaker 2: You want to quote that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to put that on a T shirt.
Speaker 3: That's a big That's a lot to put on a T shirt. Dude, talk twenty times in eight days is a dream come true for me. That's a lot of words on a T shirt.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, by the way, the other thing, not to digress for a minute, but we talked about putting since Donald's answer was so popular on Family Feud of an alligator being the most helpful animal to get you out of the zoo. We talked about some merch, Joelle, if you could make this happen. We need someone to draw an alligator helping people out of the zoo, and then over the fence and on the back it's going to say. Survey says, all right, well, Joe, Joelle, don't you think that in real life if a woman was getting secretly dosed by her husband with birth control pills, that she would be a smidge and more upset than Carla was.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely about to be a fight. It's absolutely because that's hear of all your hormones.
Speaker 3: It's all of them. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you wanted to have the conversation, you could have brought it like it could have been like yo, we got to talk about having his baby out out here and said he was, well, if I just accidentally choke you in the middle of the night with this pill.
Speaker 1: Me tomorrow and then given it to me too, I didn't. I don't know, and I'm eating the brownies. And then Cox takes my urine sample in and finds out that I'm it's positive for birth control.
Speaker 3: Get pregnant. I'm trying to get pregnant.
Speaker 1: So Elliott's moved to a new fancy hospital which is clearly, very clearly just one nurses station of the hospital. They've modern made look modern. It's it's our hospital. They just like put some blue lights up and change the decor a bit. Yes, And the episode opens with two big pratfalls, one for me when i'm I fall down the hotel I'm staying in steps and then Sarah falls for some apparent reason entering her new hospital. And then I get caught, Yes, and I have to hand over my driving sunglasses, driving scarf, driving gloves. And then he looks at my crotch and I go, here's your driving sock, and I pull the sock out. I guess I was stuffing my jock to make myself look girthier.
Speaker 3: Well, they say, when you have a car like that, you're, you know, compensating for something.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's true, because I like sports cars and I'm very happy with my peep.
Speaker 3: Nothing like a nice girthy shaft in its natural element.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. But you're saying that if you have a girthy enough shaft, you're fine driving any car, and that men's stereotypically with small peeps like a sports car. That's what you're saying that you.
Speaker 3: Agree with that, And I just isn't that like the.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is a joke people say, like when they see a Lamborghini go by, they go, he must have a small penis or something.
Speaker 2: Right, I thought that was the stereotype.
Speaker 3: I was just it is.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. I was trying a sports car. Yeah, all right, horse hospital, Okay, let's get into the hors hospital. What about baggy cargo pants? Did you see the the I used to rock these baggy ass cargo pants, and they are really highlighted here in two thousand.
Speaker 3: And six, I didn't notice them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, when I'm when I'm taking out my uh my driving sock.
Speaker 3: You have seen some baggy cargo You see the pants.
Speaker 1: Do you remember these pants that we all used to wear, baggy ass cargo.
Speaker 3: I do remember wearing baggy ass clothes and stuff like that, but you know, I don't recall you wearing baggy ass cargo.
Speaker 1: Pants, you know, with the wide leg, no no taper at all, just like the wide ass all the way down. You know, I still got them joints. I don't want to give them up. Or whenever I put on my cargo shorts, flows like no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my wife made me throw out my cargo shorts.
Speaker 2: I don't have them anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still have one just for memory's sake.
Speaker 3: And all my cargo pants that I loved are gone too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Unfortunately, the janitor says to me, how depressing is it being you.
Speaker 2: That's fucked up?
Speaker 1: That's so fucked up?
Speaker 3: But then you'd say to him, you know, can you I have a new intern coming in which leads to probably one of your biggest monologues ever in the show's history.
Speaker 1: That's true, and it's pretty funny whole. Yeah, rangers from getting the reference to Catch twenty two wrong to trying to go to fourteen ninety two. I'm trying to be like Cox, you know, I'm trying to give them my big Cox monologue.
Speaker 3: You mean it's not it wasn't a fisherman who was out at sea and twenty two fish.
Speaker 1: No, that's not the plot of Catch twenty two.
Speaker 3: That is the cat I thought it was. I was like, oh, that's pretty clever real. Yeah, man, I'm a dummy man when it goes to I said alligator would help out animals.
Speaker 1: On the family feud, you also said California was a.
Speaker 3: City that was just a brain part, that was just a brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Steve Harvill, the judges gave it to you though. I think it was a celebrity celebrity family feud leniency.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I know we won with it, and I'm happy and we want. We gave a twenty five thousand dollars to charity. Yeah, first stop aap, I hate.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you did say California briefly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had a brain fart. It's all good. It happens.
Speaker 1: Hey, I have brain farts too that I couldn't think of. What was the thing? Wreck? What's something in your life that's a wreck?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So wait, this is the episode, the whole episode we don't see Keith, right, and then we come back the next episode and is it Keith Yes, the one who.
Speaker 1: Later becomes Keith Dudemeister.
Speaker 3: Who becomes Elliott's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yes, But a little bit of Scrubs wiki trivia from the camera angle and from seeing his hands. He's nothing like Keith.
Speaker 2: Right, he doesn't even the hair when you mess up his hair in his face.
Speaker 1: I imagine they hadn't cast him yet, and so this was a placeholder, got it? But yeah, that was that.
Speaker 2: Was That was.
Speaker 3: It was very interesting because I was like, I don't if this is Keith one.
Speaker 2: He doesn't sound like Keith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I didn't know if it was Bill or not. But it's just someone going heah oh.
Speaker 2: And Keith never really comes off afraid when we meet him later on or does he Am I missing something?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can tell you that Scrubs wiki said something interesting. It said maybe it's inspired by a Mash episode that was called point of View, which is from the whole episodes from the eyes of an injured soldier. And we know Bill loved Mash, so maybe it was a homage to Mash.
Speaker 3: That shit was hilarious. That coffee machine gag man where Elliot's trying to fill the coffee and she runs to the hospital to get the Foley cafit her and when she gets back, the coffee is all down, running all down the hallway. That shit hap me rolling out loud. I laughed out loud at that one.
Speaker 1: This was the era. Two thousand and six was when I was like, we thought we were so cool because we actually had a coffee robot on set. It was like when those first things came out and we were like a coffee robot and it just makes whatever you want. It's too good to be true. We didn't realize what shit coffee it was, but we were just geeked to have it.
Speaker 3: That shit was hilarious. The whole Turkish thing was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yes. JD apparently speaks Turkish fluently.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And not only that, but uh, what was the dude's name?
Speaker 1: Omar?
Speaker 3: Omar was a thief and was stealing your pudding without you knowing about it. Yes, and we did a double play on the word turk, the Turks. I'm really pissed off. Okay, I'm getting really annoyed at the Turks right now, was the first one. And he turns around. She goes, no, not you, Omar, I mean these two. And then you go, I'm really getting annoyed with the Turks right now, and she goes, you too. Well, I don't know what she said, but you're like, no, Omar, he's stealing my pudding. Very funny.
Speaker 1: And then and then and then in Turkish, I that is the language, right, Turkish, that's a belief. Daniel, you seem like someone who would know that.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the casual throws to me knowing everything, But I'm saying, in.
Speaker 1: My mind, you're you're in my mind you're even smarter than you actually are.
Speaker 6: I appreciate I talk with confidence about the things I know a lot about and come off like I know everything.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 6: I really appreciate that, though I want it wrong, I do want Wait, where's me?
Speaker 1: You honor me? I can't even I haven't even used you honor me in so long?
Speaker 3: Fixed up?
Speaker 1: You honor me?
Speaker 3: You honor me? It works? Should we talk about how JD bumps rush me?
Speaker 1: Sorry, bro, let's talk about how you fake an orgasm and it's like you have like a fucking full on when Harry met Sally moment.
Speaker 2: No, but they don't let me go for real.
Speaker 1: Well they clearly they clearly that Oh, I can only imagine what you must have done in outtakes.
Speaker 3: Wait, you could do it here?
Speaker 1: Don't encourage you?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do, joel joel. I can't believe you.
Speaker 1: I would like the record to reflect for any women that are offended. I'd like the record to reflect that. Joel requested that. She asked us, you're gonna need to mix it down. I'm sure now right.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get me there, aren't you? Zach?
Speaker 7: I love you?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I'm sorry about the Oh my god, he came again.
Speaker 3: He came again, some for you, some for me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: All right, the ultimate man. You know what, Joel, You're welcome you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: You know I would say when that hit my forehead?
Speaker 3: What would you say when I said to you, when I said to you, Okay, I'm gonna try to come, what would you say? Do or do not?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Try?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I can't believe we've done this on the show. We'll probably have to cut that, but it's funny. But you know, for the record, Joelle requested it.
Speaker 3: She did request it. I think we should keep it.
Speaker 1: You called me a honky adonnas.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, you call yourself a honky.
Speaker 1: No you I'm saying that you called me a honky Yes, And I'm quite doey this season. It doesn't look like I've been to the gym at all. I was probably having a very fun time off.
Speaker 2: I season five.
Speaker 3: At this I think we were all, you know, we were finding new things that we.
Speaker 1: Liked about, like eating and drinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know what you were in You are in a if I recall correctly, you were in a relationship, a very good relationship at this point. And so yes, you know, you know what how it gets when you fall in love and everything like that you start eating.
Speaker 1: Is this the same season with Mandy. I think it is the Mandy.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it is.
Speaker 3: This is when this is right around the time where Rayden is starting to get traction. Also, you know what I mean, like he's starting to.
Speaker 1: He's starting to catch Fuega.
Speaker 3: Well I don't know if he's starting to catch Fuego, but you know he would he would have a night at the hotel cafe. It wouldn't just be you know what I mean, Like I feel like Carrie was the one that brought everybody to the hotel cafe. Yes, and then you know, and would always headline acts. But then I think this is when Raydon started to break off and do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Raydon started to catch Fuego a bit, and that was exciting to watch watch it happen.
Speaker 3: I believe this is the season that that happened.
Speaker 1: So it's revealed that I had to gnaw my way out of said backpack to get out, because Carla says that there was a hole in the.
Speaker 3: Backpack and all of her change fell through it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the only way that I was able to get out of the tiny backpack was that I had to gnaw my way out, which.
Speaker 3: Is like, this is this is I guess where Scrubs gets really wacky all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Well, well, dude, we're about to do one of the fucking ostriches that steal your hat. Is that this season?
Speaker 3: It might be it could be it's either this whatever season that we have the baby, so it could be the next season we go.
Speaker 1: Joe just said, Mandy's in the is in the is in the poison episode my half acre? Is that what you're saying, Joel episode nine of this season see and she's also saying. Turkish, also referred to as Istambul, Turkish or Turkey Turkish, is the most widely spoken of the Turkic languages. So there you go. There's your trivia that Daniel should have known well there you go. All right, we need to take a break and we will be right back with more of this show. Recap, rewatch, and.
Speaker 3: We're back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: Was it I'm gonna get you, sucker. It was a Hollywood Shuffle.
Speaker 2: That's Hollywood Shuffle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that movie. Do you think that movie holds up?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: We gotta watch that movie. We should do a remy.
Speaker 3: Hey, you killed in my brother. I loved this, dude.
Speaker 1: Baby, do you guys know this movie?
Speaker 4: Daniel Jowell, I've not seen Hollywood Shuffle.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, God, you guys have to watch Hollywood Rafe.
Speaker 3: Robert Townsend, the Great Keenan Ivory Waynes, the Joel.
Speaker 1: It will pair very nicely with jazz cabbage.
Speaker 3: Can you know I'm about it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: It's morally, it's amazing too. It all takes place like in the early eighties when Eddie Murphy was the king of what he did and his style of comedy was reigning supreme, and how everybody wanted black people to be like Eddie Murphy on auditions and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And one of the words that.
Speaker 3: Is used in this, which was used a lot back in the day, was hey, man, do you think maybe you could do that just a little bit?
Speaker 2: Blacker? Oh, Hollywood shuffle?
Speaker 1: Was that said to you Donald? Ever?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 3: I think if you were acting in the early eighties late nineties, somebody tried to figure out a way to say that to you without saying it. If they did say it, you know, wow. But if they did, they would be like, yo, could you jazz it up or something? Or maybe you know that thing put that thing, that thing, that thing, that's your street?
Speaker 1: They say like, can you a little more street?
Speaker 2: Right, Moore street?
Speaker 3: More street?
Speaker 1: What was that from?
Speaker 2: That was?
Speaker 3: If that was if Evie from Small Wonder was a racist director, Donald, could you do that again?
Speaker 2: More street?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is a deep cut joke.
Speaker 3: Or if Evie was a racist director Evie from Small Wonder was a racist director and she was like Donald one more time, Blacker.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is a deep cut joke. It was one of our odd set jokes. Right, you gotta know, you gotta know who ev from Small Wonder is. But a lot of these children listening don't know.
Speaker 2: Small Come on.
Speaker 1: There was a called Small Wonder and it was the really really bad sitcom. But the premise was that the dad had built a robot daughter daughter, and she looked like a human, but she was a robot.
Speaker 3: And talked like robot, and she had special powers.
Speaker 2: She talked like a robot.
Speaker 1: Yes, Donald mar Street.
Speaker 3: Donald, do that again this time blacker.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you guys got to watch Hollywood Shuffle. It's it's Donald says. It holds up. I haven't seen years, but start making.
Speaker 4: A list of all the movies you say we should watch, and that's gonna be watch.
Speaker 1: It is a big it is a big satire like that. It's a big satire of the film industry from the perspective of a of a young black filmmaker, Robert Townsend, who just it was. I think it was one of his earliest films, right.
Speaker 3: Donald, dude, Yeah, yeah, he made the movie credit Cards. Yeah, dude, Like literally, he took his credit He used his credit cards to make this movie. Yeah. Don't you remember Homeboys on film where they're in the movie theater and they're they're they're instead of Cisco and Ebert, it's two brothers from the neighborhood and they're giving you what they like about what movies they liked and everything like that.
Speaker 1: I forgot that part.
Speaker 3: And they oh, man, the one with dirty they do one with Dirty Harry. You know, I remember it's like we give that one the finger. And then there's the one where it's Indiana Jones and it's like, uh, he goes. I thought it was I thought it sucked, but he liked it. That bullshit. You don't remember that, no.
Speaker 1: No, but I remember really laughing and thinking Robert Townsend was a genius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is a genius.
Speaker 3: Man like him, Eddie Murphy and Keenan Ivy Wayne's when they when the three of them were together, they were unstoppable, man, Like that was like the dynamic trio. That was like the one the three of them together, they all all three of them worked together. Yeah, and they were I.
Speaker 1: Mean telling me, you would tell me that there was a lot of collaboration I didn't know about between those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, that was like the that was the crew, and you know, they were all just so funny. It was like imagine having the three funniest people on the planet at the time working together, and that's what that was.
Speaker 1: Did I tell my story? Remind me if I told you the story in the podcast where my brother and I were pitching to this like old white woman producer a script and she goes, you know, you could go black with it, and we're like, sure, yeah, that there's no reason why I couldn't be an African American story. And she goes, you know, they're doing that thing, and she moved her arms like this, I'm moving them back and forth, and she kind of scrunched up. She scrunched up her face and she's like, you know, they're doing that thing. I never forget.
Speaker 3: I never want her to pitch a movie.
Speaker 1: I never forgot that.
Speaker 3: She should never ever pitch a movie for you ever.
Speaker 1: No, we were pitching a movie to her, and her response was.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, cause she's gonna take this to her boss and be like, you know, so I think I got them to go black with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna go black with it, you know, because we can get them doing that thing.
Speaker 4: I wonder what she was trying to imitate, because I can't tell if it's like, is it a basketball move?
Speaker 1: No, I think I think it was. I think it was they were strutting down the street and being fun with the arms arm walk. Okay, yeah, got it, that makes but doing it all right now? I laughed out loud, very hard. When you see JD in my tidy whities side stepping out of the apartment and then you guys catch me and go just can to take a quick Tuesday quick?
Speaker 2: That was very funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, there was the episode started off where I was like, this doesn't feel like Scrubs at all, really, and then as it went on, it was like, this is when Scrubs gets wacky. They gets way.
Speaker 1: I mean, we literally have an ostrich that we have it. We get tried by ostriches. They steal Donald's cano and they run around with it and then they we can't come down because they're working in shifts as sent Yeah, that was the Jason Bateman episode. But he makes he makes them into belts, He makes theirs theirs in.
Speaker 3: The belt, He makes their next.
Speaker 1: And what season is that? Is that? This season? I think it is, Oh my goodness, this season's gonna be Yeah, this season's gonna be wacky as hell. You can tell we're amped up though, Donald, We're geeked. We came in all hot, We came in like raring to go.
Speaker 3: I think you know what, I think, like, either we worked during the summer or if we didn't work. We definitely partied hard during the summer, like we were.
Speaker 1: My doings suggests that I probably partied well.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is we were ready to We were ready to go back and be as like we we are definitely feeling ourselves in the beginning. Yes, I agree, you know, like we're the acting is really big, you.
Speaker 1: Know, we're we're we're like we're like racehorses or that were kept in the stable and we're like, we're fucking let's.
Speaker 2: Go right, we come out swinging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joel, is there a guest today?
Speaker 3: There is?
Speaker 1: And they're here. All right, we'll be right back after these fun words. Rememb're back.
Speaker 2: We are back.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to a caller, Joel. That's always a fun segment. I kind of I kind of like it when they're when they're really nutty. We might need to get more people that have open relationships, and that's good.
Speaker 3: I do like to have conversations that make people just a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I like something that would make Bill hide under a ted last flat. By the way, La is covered in ted Lastow billboards. Have you noticed this everywhere they're spending that money?
Speaker 2: Good Man, good it's a hit show.
Speaker 1: How funny was it When Steve Harvey was about Bill was like, make that money and he started doing the money gesture.
Speaker 3: We got a collea.
Speaker 6: Talk, you know, like a.
Speaker 1: Maybe the episode, So let's get the show.
Speaker 3: Give it up for Travis because.
Speaker 8: Hi, Travis, Hi, Zach Hi.
Speaker 1: This is Donald Faison, Joel Monique and DJ Jannell.
Speaker 2: What's happening to Travis?
Speaker 8: Hey, Don Donald? You go by Don or Donald Donald?
Speaker 2: Usually?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no one whoever calls you Don, is there? Donald? You never became a Don.
Speaker 3: There are a few people out there that are out there to call me Don.
Speaker 8: Really, who are I'm not one of them?
Speaker 1: Well, you just met him, and I haven't reached Don's status.
Speaker 8: Have you reached Don status? There?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I just went to the most enduring term for the closest of his inner circle.
Speaker 3: Which is wait.
Speaker 1: No stops. Okay. I know it's gonna happen in public, and I'm gonna be so bummed out when someone calls me twis. He almost did it at Disneyland. That was hilarious, I know. And then he switched to teeears because it was inappropriate. He yelled twat. So he was like, teeears, get back here. What about when you fun you ran into Frozone. Donald, you had a whole.
Speaker 3: Scene my Frozone. You got your super suit fro Zone. I got super Zone.
Speaker 1: I got to post that video. You are so funny. And then Frozene couldn't talk because he's in a suit. I was like, I could have watched Donald and Frozene talk for like a half hour.
Speaker 3: The best moment was getting off the Millennium Falcon ride with my kids and uh, your kid from a cheaper by the dozen, Yeah, and Chewy talking to us and actually being able to understand what Chewy was saying because.
Speaker 1: He was doing sign language. You understood it.
Speaker 3: No, he wasn't doing sign language. He was asking us if we flew the Falcon. He asked us how we did. I told him I messed up the ship a little bit. He then said to me, don't worry. I can fix it. But you know what I mean. Like, but I knew that he was saying, and I was like, holy cow, all of these years of watching Star Wars, I definitely speak Wookie.
Speaker 8: Now Donald, I actually have I can actually do it. Chewbacca, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good, all right.
Speaker 8: I don't think he depressed.
Speaker 1: No good, all right, Travis, welcome to the problem. Where are you calling from?
Speaker 8: Dallas, Texas?
Speaker 2: Texas?
Speaker 1: Hello Texas folks. We love you all you Texans. Travis. What's your question for us today?
Speaker 8: So my first question was, you know, they say never to meet your heroes, and I'm kind of doing that right now, but I would want to know when is a moment that you guys have met somebody that you've looked up to or doesn't necessarily have to be a hero, but they were better than they expect than you expected them to be better than we Yeah, their generosity.
Speaker 2: Tis that's happened a couple.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I'm glad you and I the oposite, because we couldn't really say that about someone. We wouldn't when I speak ill of anyone.
Speaker 3: Whenever I met Eddie Murphy, he was very very comp you know, he was always very nice and gave a lot of compliments, you know, to me and my family every time I've met him, and that is a hero of mine, and I was nervous that he wouldn't be like that. Denzel Washington the same thing you know when we were working together. You know, when I was working with Denzel Uh, he very much was the character he played in Uh and remember the Titans. He stuck to it, but once it was over. Every time, I mean, I remember one time I was walking down the street in Hollywood and Denzel drove by and stopped his car and rolled down the window to talk to me.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, He like hollered at me while I was walking.
Speaker 3: Hey, Donald and I look in the car and it's Denzel in the car, and I was like, Yo, dude, what is it? You know?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So like every time I've every time I've had the opportunity to meet one of my rose, it's been that way. The only hero that I haven't met, a hero of mine that I haven't met, is Harrison Ford. Believe it or not, I've never met him.
Speaker 2: I'm scared to meet him too.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be I'm gonna be honest with you because that is where those moment, that's one of those.
Speaker 1: Moments that cloud to join and he'll be your best friend.
Speaker 3: Well I hope that would happen, or it could be he's like, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think he would be rude to you. My answer is Bobby d Bobby Deed's aniro. I looked up to him my whole life. I used to intern at the Tribecca Film Center, which he created and runs in New York. And I remember I was an intern and I saw him get in the elevator once and I was like, I'd never even seen a celebrity of that magnitude before. And then cut to, you know, a little over a year ago, and I'm starring in a movie with him, and which is coming out, by the way, Which is coming out, by the.
Speaker 8: Way, July twenty third, isn't it July.
Speaker 1: Twenty third, the Comeback tra So if you're on your phone right now, put it in your eyekel you know, third and go ahead. And he was just so cool, you know. I I I can't speak enough to how how instantly we were friends and talking about so much stuff. And then he invited me and Florence over his house for dinner, and that was the most surreal experience of my life. And we text to this day all the time. And I just cannot believe that I'm friends with Robert de Niro because he's one of my favorite actors of all time and and so yeah, the moment I was in his massage chair in his house and Florence and I were giggling. I was like, this is pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: So I have two more people that I should probably I had Donald. So when I met Robert de Niro, I was a kid and.
Speaker 1: I get on my de Niro.
Speaker 3: I gotta do that.
Speaker 1: Well, then I tell you about the time that I hung out with Denzel.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I was doing and I was He had me do the table reading for Bronxtail, A Bronxtail, and then I auditioned for a bronx Tail. I didn't get the movie, which you know kind of sucked, But I remember going on the audition. I remember going to the table read and meeting everybody. It seemed like from a Scorsese film was there, like all of the actors, and I remember that was one and everybody was mad cool. But the one time where it was like, maybe I shouldn't do it because everybody tells me not to do it was Bill Murray audition.
Speaker 8: I want to meet him so bad.
Speaker 3: At an audition, he walked out of the of the room and people I remember people telling me, if you ever meet Bill Murray, don't say anything to him. He doesn't like that shit. And he walked out and everybody gets quiet and doesn't say anything. And I was like, this, this might be the only time I ever get to meet this guy. Even if he yells at me, I'll take it. And I go, hey, Bill, and he turns around. I go, man, I really loved Groundhole day. And he looks at me and he goes, thanks kid, thank you so much, and then gets in the elevator and leaves. And that just made my day, the fact that he was like.
Speaker 1: Fucked you.
Speaker 8: He might have muttered that to himself in the elevator, but ye, but still you.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 8: Have you seen the Netflix movie about meeting Bill Murray where he'll just show up at like random parties, And like he showed up at some party in London. He was like doing their dishes and he'd like go up and like eat somebody, eat something off of somebody's plate, and he said, I dare you to tell somebody no, no one will ever believe you, and they'll just walk off.
Speaker 3: He's amazing like that man, like he is, he is a legend, like he is an ultimate legend, like the fact that I don't know if this is true or not, but there's a number that you call if you want him to be in a movie, and if he's and if he decides he wants to do it, he just does it.
Speaker 1: I got it. I got it from a director because I was thinking about trying to offer him something.
Speaker 8: And I don't know if you can see this, but wow, he's.
Speaker 1: Got T shirt. That's cool T shirt.
Speaker 8: My wife loves that shirt, loves it.
Speaker 1: All right, what's your next question, my friend?
Speaker 8: So I would like to know, Uh, oh, I want to give your girlfriend a compliment, Zach, go ahead. I love her voice and I could listen to her read a phone book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has a very very very instinct thing and most people don't know this about her. She has an incredible singing voice. She was before Florence broke with her first film. She was kind of deciding whether to pursue the singer songwriter route or the acting route. Obviously she wanted to do both, and then she got a film and blew up. But she is an incredible singer as well.
Speaker 8: My second question, so I wanted to know, like, if you were going to submit like a scene or a monologue or something from anything that you've done, like scrub or a movie or whatever. For like, say it's like an Oscar reel. What from your body of work would you submit? And what would you submit from each other's body work? Like zactly, what would you put from Donald's body work?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. I'd put Donald doing the poison dance. I'd obviously put his classic scene with Denzel. Oh, yeah, I would. I definitely put Donald in the car getting on the highway and clueless.
Speaker 2: I would put all of Garden State up.
Speaker 1: You can't put up the whole movie Donald.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're saying because you.
Speaker 1: Can't remember individual scenes.
Speaker 3: No, that's not true. But I would put all of Garden State up. I would put I would try and throw his name in the hat for director as well, because I think he's one of my favorite directors. When I know when he does something, if I'm in it, I'm gonna fucking be good, you know what I mean? Because he has a great knact for communication with actors and thank you. Let me see. I don't know, man, I don't know. He has a lot of things that are very good. I and and whole bodies, like, he's a great storyteller. So I would have to put all of Garden State. I'd have to put all of which I was here, I'd have to put like I.
Speaker 1: Keep cut that you don't know And it's from Last Kiss, and it's one of my favorite scenes that ever been in and it's me and Tom Wilkinson on the front porch.
Speaker 3: On the porch, Yeah, but he's great in that scene too. He's really great.
Speaker 1: He drives the scene. I just went when he asked this question, I've never it's a very good question. I haven't thought about it, and my brain went, you know, your brain just automatically. You know, there's obviously the things I'm most known for, but my brain went to that scene when Tom Wilkinson is something I thought was special.
Speaker 8: Like he said, did you actually do this thing that she's accusing you of doing? And that's where he says that, and then he said.
Speaker 1: He says a great quote, which is something that if I'm paraphrasing, but it's something like it's it doesn't matter what you say, it's what you do to the people who love you that matters. What you say means nothing, it's what you actually do something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's really powerful.
Speaker 2: It's a very great cast.
Speaker 1: All right, it's time for Texas's favorite segment.
Speaker 3: Everybody Dallas, Texas is favorite segment show.
Speaker 1: It's time too, bitch, Travis, how can we fix your life? We're here to help you.
Speaker 8: My question was that, ever since I had a kid, I've noticed that, like the relationship that I've had that I have with my friends that don't have kids has kind of changed, and you know, my priorities have changed, and I've noticed that, you know, it turns intottension and things like that. And I was wondering how the two of you has y'all's relationship changed since I guess, has Donald had kids the entire time? Or how do you guys navigate that with Zach not having kids and Donald having kids?
Speaker 2: Part of the show.
Speaker 1: There she is, Hi, guys, Hi beautiful, that's Travis and Casey Hi. And Travis was just asking how we navigate our friendship when y'all have all these kids and I have none? How we do it because I'm so free and don't have any responsibilities in the children department, but y'all have like thirty seven and he's from Dallas, Texas, So be extra nice.
Speaker 5: Oh hi, Well, for just to give an example of how out of touch Zach is with having kids. We you know, we've been friends with Zach for I've been friends with Zach for fifteen years and our oldest is almost eight and two days ago was the first time he's taken us to Disney Let us go to Disneyland with our kids.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, we know. I think Zach's just kind of coming around now. You know.
Speaker 1: I love your kids when I'm with them.
Speaker 10: Hey, I get it. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't want to hang out with kids.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes we go to Disneyland and it's an adult trip to Disneyland. Joelle's nodding she knows.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: And sometimes sometimes you bring the rug rats because they slow ship down. Yeah, but they're tiny legs.
Speaker 10: First time we brought the rug rats was two days ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I think he's just kind of meeting us in the middle. We're you know, we try. We like to have adult time with Zach because you know, that's it was like that for so long. So Zach, I love you, Oh God, Zacha love you.
Speaker 1: Calm down.
Speaker 3: We have a guest here.
Speaker 1: It's not appropriate.
Speaker 10: I should charge people for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make it a ringtone, Joel, you make Zach I love you a ring tone.
Speaker 8: You need to be on cameo.
Speaker 1: No, we're not gonna be on cameo. Casey, you on cameo.
Speaker 5: But you know, I think it's I think we have to do just as much as Zach does as far as meeting in the middle, because I really I think I'm very conscious of it. If it was up to Donald, Donald would be like, well, fuck it. If we can't bring our kids, we're never going to go anywhere. And I still I still like to go places without my kids because I had such a fun life before kids, as much as it is fun.
Speaker 1: But you guys, you know, you were worried. We were having a barbecue and you said, should we bring the kids or not? And You're like, they're going to be loud, and I was like, it's a barbecue, have them swim, who cares? And they had an amazing time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well they're also older now.
Speaker 5: They're at the age now of you know understanding that Uncle Zach gets really pissed off if you scream.
Speaker 1: So they know, no, not pissed off. I just have a no screeching policy, and Casey's like, Casey's like, I just decided if it comes from Uncle Zac, it might stick better than if mom is like, keep it down, keep it down. I was like, guys, do whatever you want. There's no high pitched screaming.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of them, one of them actually raised their voice in the pool, and Zack said, Yo.
Speaker 3: It's a little too loud, but don't you want it.
Speaker 1: Don't you want Uncle Zach to lay down.
Speaker 5: Some Yeah exactly. My son looked at him with eyes like huge.
Speaker 1: Well, because when it's from you, guys, they're like roll their eyes and they're screaming ten seconds later. But if Uncle Zach lays down a rule, they might listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you got real staccato with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no screeching.
Speaker 10: He's like, hey, shut your mouth.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I tone it down.
Speaker 1: I didn't hit like that either.
Speaker 2: I said, tone it down.
Speaker 5: But I have to say, you've given in. You've given in quite a bit over the past two years.
Speaker 1: I would say, well, you guys are a beautiful family, and I hope I have kids. I really would love to have children. One day and it was nice. I brought there's a child from cheaper by the dozen who I really bonded with, and we brought him and his mom to Disneyland, and uh, it's I can see that I have this paternal instinct in me to want to be a dad one day, and I hope I'm I hope I'm as good a parent as you are. One day, you too, You're going to be great.
Speaker 8: I hope I am too.
Speaker 1: Well. How old is your kid, Travis?
Speaker 8: Almost two?
Speaker 1: Okay, you a good dad? Do you put in the time?
Speaker 8: I put in the time whenever I can't well. I mean, I'm an antithesiologist, so I get the times that I am home I'm parent number one, and the weekends that I'm not working.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I guess where he lives in Dallas. I know I have to say this. I have to say my kids. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't speak for all kids, but my kids notice when he doesn't help me.
Speaker 3: They notice all the time.
Speaker 10: I know, so they you.
Speaker 5: Know, he could buy them every gift in the world, take them to Target every day, buy them whatever, but they will still be like, but Dad's lazy.
Speaker 10: But Dad didn't help you this morning.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 10: So I think if you just you know.
Speaker 3: You know, I knew it was an issue and that I needed to step up more. When my kid was like, yeah, but Dad, you know you're lazy, I was like, what wos that must be?
Speaker 1: That must be hard when you're like, bro, I just paid the mortgage, I just bought you food. Exactly, I'm lying on the couch for a second.
Speaker 5: But that's the thing, like they can't they can't wrap their head around that that doesn't mean anything to them. What they see is is someone sitting on the couch, you know, whether he just got home from working all day or you know, like you working all night whatever, coming home, sitting on the couch, and if the wife is the one doing everything, dressing, fixing the food, doing all this, even if you just stand up and act like you're in their helping in some way, that's that's all it takes for them to think, Yeah, my.
Speaker 8: Daughter, like I had worked a long day yesterday and she just ran up and like she just said no and shoved me and ran off to.
Speaker 10: My Yeah, wow, it's.
Speaker 3: All right, Casey.
Speaker 1: We got to finish the show.
Speaker 5: Because the air conditioning guy needs to get up and okay, okay.
Speaker 3: We're finishing.
Speaker 1: Air conditioning guy finishing Travis, you're welcome. We have one question. Travis. You're an antiologist, right, yes, I am. Now. I had a hernia surgery many years ago, and I remember they gave me something in the right before they took me in. They gave me a shot of something. It wasn't the full anesthesia, but it was a little What was that, Travis was Verse said, Yeah, that made me feel really really good.
Speaker 8: Yes, it comes requested by name very often.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'm telling you if you have to get surgery, ask your ante ceologist for some versus you know, is you're a fake doctor recommendation, Because for a second I was like.
Speaker 3: Okay, if I ever go under again, I'm gonna try and fight it.
Speaker 8: Yeah I can't all the time, Like I'm gonna stay awake because do what you can. I'm undefeated.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna try and fight it. I'm gonna stand out, I'm get as loud as I can. It's not gonna work. I'm gonna just grit your teeth.
Speaker 1: One more anestheologist question, and I know this is probably as an nsteologist, but you'll know the answer. I'm told that after you have a colonoscopy, you still technically experienced it, but then they give you a drug that wipes your memory like Men in Black of the experience. Is that true?
Speaker 8: We're still I think we're still talking about versaid now. I don't typically give people verse said for colonoscopies just because it's a quick procedure and I want them to be able to get up and get out of the hospital. So but no, there's no like Men in Black pan or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Oh I heard that. I heard something that maybe maybe someone's making it up, but like you really do experience the full colonoscopy and then but they give you something after the Men in blacks your memory.
Speaker 8: No, No, I mean there's some people that will like wake up. There's one portion where they're going around the band where it gets real stimulating, and some people will just stimulating, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like cock or like they sit up like.
Speaker 8: People ever get erections, Oh my god, oh my god, like ever from colon No, not from.
Speaker 1: Have you been in surgery doing n ST jogist and someone just randomly got an erection?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean when they're they're like putting fully cathers in. Yeah, sometimes they will.
Speaker 3: Wow, that sounds like it hurts. Does.
Speaker 8: It's more like uncomfortable than painful. I mean if they use if they use enough.
Speaker 1: Lube, Yeah, they use enough lube.
Speaker 8: Donald, Yeah, I mean look man, sorry.
Speaker 1: Donald, Okay, Donald Donald, Have you had a klonoscopy yet, I've had you have?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, I have.
Speaker 1: I gotta have mine.
Speaker 2: Get it done. I'm worried, get it done.
Speaker 3: I'm worry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna break Travis. I'm worry. I'm gonna break Travis's record and be the first one to get an erection.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, get it done, bro, no joke, it's it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Of course, and I'm we're joking. But all you men out there, what's the age, Travis? We can do a public service announcement?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they just change it to forty. Now, if you have a strong family history, then yeah, they'll bring in earlier, but it's usually forty.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, now we're gonna switch to a serious public service announcement. Forty and above. You gotta have a colonoscopy and make sure you do not have any suspicious things on your colon, right.
Speaker 8: Travis, exactly. I actually turned forty in a week, So thank you for the reminder.
Speaker 1: I'm reminding you, gosh, I'm a good fake doctor. I need to remind myself. I'm forty six.
Speaker 2: Get it done.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get it done, all right. And before we go, this segment on Fake Doctor's Real Friends is brought to you by T Mobile. If you need great coverage, especially when enjoying your favorite podcast, check out T Mobile. Hey, and here we go, everybody. We have a beautiful pitch for where we should take the podcast in the future from our friend Christine, a massive fan of Scrubs. Here we go, take it away.
Speaker 11: Christine, Hey, Fake Doctor's crew. My name is Christine. I'm from Denver, Colorado. I'm a longtime listener, lifetime watcher of Scrubs. So when this podcast came out, it's the only reason why I clean the house and workout is because this podcast, would you know, get me through those the things that I hate doing. So please continue doing this because I have a clean house and I feel fits, So thank you so much. Life. I know a bunch of Scrubs fans out there and especially listeners, just want this to continue going. We dread the day that you guys are going to you know, watch the last episode and relive it. So My idea is fake Doctor's, real friends, real life, because you know, there's things in scrubs that maybe has happened in real life. So maybe there's a scene or a situation that a fan has been through and they call in and you interview them, and you guys get to relive these these situations or you know, scenes that have been brilliantly written, and there's a fan or two out there that are like that has happened to me, it's so accurate. Maybe there's a real life Elliott and j d out there that has dated and broken up and now married or something like that. Maybe there's a real situation out there that doctor you know, Cox has been through and then you invite John back and you know, you all get to talk about that episode again or talk about that scene again. So that's my idea of fake Doctors, real friends, real life. Let's keep this podcast going, Let's pay homage and honor the show. Let's just keep it going. There in so many real life situations, real life scrub stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I.
Speaker 11: Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Thank you, Christine. That was very kind. I'm very kind. She said a lot of nice things about the show. Donald, I like her.
Speaker 3: She did. You know what's clear is that one they love Scrubs. Everyone that listens to this love scrubs.
Speaker 1: Unlike unlike TLC. They want scrubs.
Speaker 3: They want more scrubs.
Speaker 1: Actually, they want most scrubs.
Speaker 3: Most scrubs. To s clip your.
Speaker 1: Thing down, baby and reverse it.
Speaker 3: But that's one. Two. They want this podcast to continue going.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Donald, we have.
Speaker 3: To figure out a way to keep the scrubs theme there, but completely re direct where this part what this podcast is.
Speaker 1: What if we did it in the nude but we wore leaves over our junk word.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to keep it going.
Speaker 1: We're gonna keep it going. Nobody worried. We're gonna figure it out. We only have we have a few more episodes to figure it out.
Speaker 3: We got season nine to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got season nine to figure out. Thanks T Mobile. Did you know that at T Mobile new and existing customers always get the same great device deals with go five G plus plans. It's true? So why wait? Check out t mobile dot com slash go see why. Now back to the show. I want to quickly plug a couple things. Don't forget to pick up Live Your Life by Amanda Clutes. It is number eight as I last I checked, it was like in terms of new release books on Amazon it was number eight amazing, which is pretty amazing. And uh, it's pretty thrilling for her. And I know I'll always be seen as biased, but this is a very very beautiful story. Live your Life by Amanda Clutes. Please pick that up. Get your tickets to Black Widow because everybody loves the Florence Pugh and uh, they're gonna call it the Marvel Puniverse. Hey, it's coming out and h and follow us on Instagramannel, what's your handle.
Speaker 6: At DJ Underscore Daniel, same thing on Twitter and Twitch?
Speaker 1: Okay, Joel, you find me everywhere at joel one.
Speaker 4: You gets j O E l o E m O N I.
Speaker 3: Q u E Instagram. Uh yeah, you can follow me on Instagram. ID appreciate it. We're pushing forward. The numbers are going up. We could do better, though, we can all do better.
Speaker 1: Well, tell them you're fucking handle ass, Nick cool boy.
Speaker 3: Twat Ears Tears, which is the Disney version. T Disney version is tee ears, but tweat ears watch Tears, Tears Tears. It's Donald underscore Ason Donald underscore Ason.
Speaker 1: Now now as you can, as you recall, the underscore happened because he was stoned.
Speaker 3: And I was frank out of my mind.
Speaker 1: Drunk can hit the wrong F key and it became underscore. Just she's never rectified.
Speaker 3: For what?
Speaker 1: Instagram will help you fix it?
Speaker 2: No, it's quite all right.
Speaker 1: And I'm at Zach Braff. I'm about to cross one point five million, so come on, push me over the edge. Push me over the edge.
Speaker 3: If you guys push him over the edge before I get to the million, I'm gonna be pissed off.
Speaker 1: All right, We love you all, Thanks for coming on. Five, six, seven, eight.
Speaker 3: Stories about show we made about a bunch of thousand nurses in he said, he's a story net. No, so gander round you here, gader raun here up sweet show, Zach