Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all bay.
Speaker 3: At a given them back a million bush.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listening to.
Speaker 3: To I don't joy, Yeah, Joy, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Do love you.
Speaker 5: Turn, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta turn.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 6: I got to turn the mouth turn, probably got to turn mouth turn A wad of the money up looking me, come me, come out you thin.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody. You'll listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey Man oh Man, got a radio show. Yeah do God so big to me? Man, I just have to tell you about it. I can't help it. It's rather obvious to me how big, how good God is. He's absolutely tremendous. He's off the chain. He owned one, he'd be clowning, he'd be just showing out.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: I'm just over here, just on the receiving end. You know, if you're out there, start your mission today, Start your mission today?
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for? Why do we as people delay what we want.
Speaker 7: Or delay the process to begin what we want on our hopes, our dreams, our desires. Why won't you start your mission today? Why don't we all decide together that just individually. Look you listening, you got something that you've been dreaming about. You got an ambition of yours that's not yet fulfilled. You got goals you haven't accomplished yet. Everybody has them. Everybody's got them. Everybody's got something that's on the table that they haven't yet attacked yet. What are you waiting for? Start your mission today? Stop the procrastination. Now, the procrastination is only hurting you yourself. If you got a goal of aspiration to dream and you fall off track momentarily, you can get back to that because God know where you left off.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: You may have to accomplish a few more things since you stopped for a long period of time, but God knows where you left off, you can get back on track. Look, man, this dream of being on TV since I was a kid, and it got off track. Now it got off track. I just kept it as one of the dreams, and in some real dog moments when it looked like it wasn't gonna happen, all I was hanging on to was just the hope that one day it could. But that's what faith is really about. Faith is the belief in things that you cannot see. But faith gives you the confidence to keep hoping.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: Sometimes it just keep hope alive. Sometimes you heard Jesse Jackson say it, just keep hope alive. Sometimes, man, it's just the hope. I was hanging on a hope, And I'm talking about when it got real ugly and funky out there for me, when it looked like I wasn't gonna ever make it, and all of the facts was in and everything pointed in the direction you not gonna make it. You done really messed up this time. Then I sat there and I just hung on to the hope. But man, that's what I'm saying. If you got a dream on aspiration of vision or something, when you fall off track and you want to go get back in line, God holds your place.
Speaker 4: See. He held on to that for me.
Speaker 7: He knew I was off tracking, out of line, but he said, okay, here's where we stopped.
Speaker 4: You want to be on TV. Now.
Speaker 7: When you get it together and you quit tripping and you come and your turn to me, I'm gonna hold your place, put you back in line. Then we're gonna finish the journey that took me a lot longer to get here than I wanted to. But then it was necessary because I needed all of them mishaps to happen to me along the way. So when I got on the radio one day, which I did not see coming, Steve Harvey got a radio show, y'all. That's why I say it every day. See, because of this radio show that I didn't see coming. Now I have stories to tell. I got experiences to share, and I can tell you about me better I can tell you about anybody. And I don't been through enough whereas relatable, where enough people can go. Man, that happened to me, appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 4: That's what it was for.
Speaker 7: See, I get it now. See at the time, no, I didn't like what was happening to me. At the time, I was really in total disagreement with God on a lot of stuff he was pulling off on me. But in essence I was really pulling it off on myself. But through his grace and mercy, he kept me through all of my mistakes, all my bad decisions, all my miscalculations, all my misfires, all the times I knowingly stepped out there and did wrong. He forgave me, he said, because man if you ever come to me, I have a plan for you that is going to be far and above. It will supersede everything you've ever dreamed of. That's what I did. I just got sick of me, good and sick of me, and I turned it over to God. And then God started working and here I am today. Now he threw it me yet Nope? Have I arrived jet Nope? But guess what the journey is cool?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: It's like I was talking to this young brother the other day about comedy, and he's a really good stand up.
Speaker 4: You know, this young dude that's really good.
Speaker 7: He said, Man, what is this I feel every night before I go on stage. I don't know what it is. I just want it off me, I said, sir, listen to me, you young dude. This thing that climbs on my back every night before I go on stage. I don't know what it is. It's got something to do with pressure, It's got something to do with anticipation. It's got a whole lot to do with the fear of falling.
Speaker 4: He said, what you mean by that?
Speaker 7: I said, every night I walk out on stage, it's like I'm about to go and step off of cliff. I say, it's a sickening feeling. He said, man, but you do so well. I said, that's because the parachute opens. I say, but I want you to understand something. When I first walk out there, it's just stepping off the cliff. Now, the yolks provide a parachute which slows my descent when I jump off the cliff, and I turned it into a glide. And then I take the audience this way and I swung them back over to that way. We might swing out to the Colorado Rockies. We may go down to Miami with this joke. We may take it on out to LA and I just swing back and forth till I land softly. The crowd cheers. The night is over with, I said, but it's been too many nights though. When I walked off that cliff and I pulled the cord and the parachute didn't open, I said, Now I'm just free falling out there for thirty minutes. Ain't no jokes working. Ain't the parachute didn't open. I said, So see, that's what it's like for me. And then you know what I found out if you done walked off the cliff in life, and you ain't got no guard in your life. It's like not having a parachute. You step off the cliff and you just free falling. Now see we all now that fog gets you closer to the grave, right, we all heading to the grave from the moment we're born. But the cool thing about a relationship with God is when you step off the cliff and you got God here a parachute. You still going down, but it's a nice ride, and God just helps your descent appear more like a rise and more like a euphoric fall, instead of not having no God in your life and you just walking off that cliff every day, free falling.
Speaker 4: Ain't got no.
Speaker 7: Cord, you steady pulling, you hollering the whole way because you to mess around with yourself, and ain't let God come into your life and provide.
Speaker 4: A parachute for you.
Speaker 7: I would rather have a parachute since I got to jump every day, than to not have one. God has been like a parachute for me. Ask me where that came from. I can't tell you. But like I always say, most good things that happen in my life that I can't explain, it's usually him.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 7: Ladies and gentlemen, it is here, the Steve Harvey Morning Show has beset itself upon us.
Speaker 4: It is an.
Speaker 7: Arrival of a new day. It is a glorious day. Today is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. I want to thank ILOs Via Harvey for saying that to me on my way out to school every morning. I didn't get it back then because I was boy and I just didn't want to apply that.
Speaker 4: I ain't understand why.
Speaker 7: She kept saying that I heard this yesterday, But oh God, I thank her for that, because now I realize today is today that the Lord has made that I had nothing to do with the production of it. He makes that sun come up every single day. You can't stop it. You can't move it shifted, you can't do nothing with its appearance or its arrival or its departure. Man for the Mighty God, research thank you all for the day. Yes, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: This show stars a bunch of Christians.
Speaker 7: Shirley Strawberry who sends for scriptures every morning. I've asked her too, and I thank her to do it. Call her for real? Who is a Christian that's very similar to the Christian that I am. Entry level Christianity only Carl and I do not practice advanced Christianity. We are very comfortable with entry level. If you slap us, you will be slapped back. The mouth of the South. Give him all the praise and glory, the mouth of the South, who's raised in Mississippian Old Lord, if you don't relieve any religion anywhere, you need it now, Ladies and Jermy kill Spates, better known as Junior, who has called on God more time than any of us put together. In week one week, he said his name more times than we do in a year. The last but not leads a man who resembles the art of Christianity, even at a lower level than Carle and we do entry level Christianity.
Speaker 4: He just does basic Christianity. It's called b C. He has a form of Christianity that that was done before Christ. He honors the.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 4: This boy is different. He's a knockout artist.
Speaker 7: He's a grudge holder, hate the part of his repertoire, hothead, short tempered, quick week.
Speaker 4: All of that.
Speaker 7: Has the nerve to love the Lord anyhow and help wounded veterans around the world, right, got the nerve to be it. In the words of my mama, tender hearty. She told me about my father one day. One day, my mama said, boy, you just like your daddy. Your daddy rough, Your daddy'll whoop a man, but your daddy tender hearty. He said, your daddy cry. I said, Mama, I ain't never seen daddy cry before. She said, you ain't never seen him. I'm married to him. You tend to hearty just like your daddy. So boy, you ignory just like him too.
Speaker 4: This is Steve Harvey Marty Show. Take it away, Charlott.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is coming up. In thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew and run that prank back right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, it's time now to start your morning off with the nephew and run that prank back. What you got for his neph This.
Speaker 2: Right here is your son is going back to pre k to let's go catch dog. I don't want hear nothing else but.
Speaker 8: Hell.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm trying to reach missus Thomas.
Speaker 9: Please.
Speaker 2: My name is mister Stapleton. I'm actually the principal over at elementary school. You're I'm looking at my records indicating that your son, Thomas is going to be starting his first grade.
Speaker 4: Baby is ready, right, Listen, miss Thomas.
Speaker 2: I've been going through actually all of the children's records that will be starting school, and I'm looking at your son's grades from his kindergarten. Well, no, not exactly. I mean there's been a few. I actually spoke with the teacher and who he was under in kindergarten, and it seems like he just really wasn't up to par as.
Speaker 4: The rest of the children.
Speaker 5: His conduct. Now, he talks, but he gets his work. So what else is she saying on that that ain't right?
Speaker 2: Well, what's what it seems to be, ma'am, is that his grades weren't up to par as the rest of the other children.
Speaker 4: She did tell me he was a disobedient child.
Speaker 5: No, he disobedient and talking two different things.
Speaker 4: Come on, Okay, well.
Speaker 2: Man, listen, what we've decided here is we're gonna let little actually do another year of kindergarten.
Speaker 5: No, y'all ain't gonna gonna let him do another year of kindergarten.
Speaker 4: No, sign man, that's that's the only choice I.
Speaker 7: Have after lo u.
Speaker 5: No, we got our letter in the mail with our report card the week after school's started, and it said on the back promoted. And if I got to get about this couch and go get it, I'm gonna be out because I'm telling you right now we will be in the first grade. Kindergarten. Wasn't that hard. I'm not sure what they told you about him, but it must be the wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, he don't understand that. He doesn't color as well as the rest of kids. He's all out of it. He's out of the lines when he colored. He doesn't know his numbers completely. And that's kind of what we need when you first come into into the.
Speaker 5: First grad when I can show you on this paper he did satisfactory all the way through. Now you're about to out and I'm already sick calling me with some by my son blunking kender garden. He ain't that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: It does not color well, ma'am.
Speaker 5: I say, Colin ain't got nothing to do with the dadgarde kindergarten. He is going to the first grade and I'll be down there on August twenty four.
Speaker 4: No, I will not be able to allow you to get.
Speaker 5: Into school on a god, mister, I'm sorry, and let me get Let me tell you what. Let me go in and get my pencil pen because I don't live that far from the school. And if y'all aren't ready down there, calls him some conflict. I need to get up and go down there because I'm not telling my baby when he come home today, so he ain't going to the dad gun first, ma'am.
Speaker 2: I hate to say it, but I'm gonna have to refuse education from him on August.
Speaker 5: You know what, I just went back and put him in public school. I know that was a stake in the first place. Food which I'm talking about some coloring. Give me your name against her Stapleton, man, And what's that number down there?
Speaker 4: The number here is actually area code.
Speaker 5: Wait, man, I got the number. Now, mind, I pulled up this report card. I got the number your name on the back of this paper. I tell you what I was twenty fourth wheel be coming in there, going to school, and I might make a trip around there this evening when I come from the document. I'm not want to hear that calling. Ain't got nothing to do with nothing else.
Speaker 4: It's not only color.
Speaker 2: Here's arithmetickets back all right, No, are you working with him at home?
Speaker 5: When you're doing anything at home today? What you're trying to say, I'm an incompetent parent.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking, as a parent, are you working with your child.
Speaker 5: I'm working with my child every day. He can read better than you.
Speaker 3: Probably, No, he can't read, Princess.
Speaker 5: I can't read better than you, because honestly, you read that wrong on that paper that he's supposed to be going back to kindergarten, when I know the paper saying from his going to the first grade. And I'm not listening to no more this about him going backward. Now, if you got a problem with your paper work, maybe you need to go talk to your secretary or somebody in there that wrote my baby.
Speaker 4: Name down with your son's name.
Speaker 5: Thomas, Ma'm no, it ain't him, baby, I know it ain't him. You're not gonna sit up and tell me my son is flocking kindergarten. He is not going back to that kindergarten.
Speaker 4: Don't bring your son down August four.
Speaker 5: I tell you what, be ready to put me and my husband, but we will be down there. Augia four, that pant shoes, uniform. Everything you hear me, I will not be able to allow him in education, and that right now. I will come down there, right now and make that correction on that paper for you. Is not going back to no kindergarten for no coloring.
Speaker 4: Can you bring him down here and let him color for me?
Speaker 5: You tell about coloring arithmetic on ourself? No, no, I'm sorry. We will be down there augusta twenty four. I will have this poor card in my head that says you have been promoted to the first grade. And he's gonna have a mile on his face, and so are you.
Speaker 4: I got one one thing I need to tell you. Are you listening to me?
Speaker 5: I'm listening. You ain't saying nothing. Yeah, you better say something that sounds like the first grade, because I'm not playing. I would go down to this dadgun administrative office and I had five because my son would be in that first grade.
Speaker 4: Are you raising your voice at who are you raising your voice?
Speaker 5: You're talking crazy to me. I'm talking crazy to you? What ground woman? I don't need to be explain to you why I'm.
Speaker 4: Trying to Did you graduate?
Speaker 5: Honey? I am a college degree person. I have a great job. My husband and I do well for ourselves and for our children. And that's why we know you're not You're.
Speaker 4: Not even at work right now, man, I.
Speaker 5: Said, I'm shack phone. I told you that when you call him right on the doctor to call me now, partner, that'sing my phone call.
Speaker 4: Can you color because your son can't color?
Speaker 5: Got of questions that can ask me? Can I color? Why are you white or black? You asked? Mess dressed? May am I colored?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I asked you? Can you color like your son?
Speaker 5: Some racist lines in there? Can you color?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: My color and me being colored ain't got nothing to do with none of this. Is this a race thing? You trying to make sure you send him back.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not trying to send him back. I want to send him back to color to get his coloring together.
Speaker 5: You what that ain't got nothing to do with nothing. And if you are the head person down there now, you aren't competent and you are an illiterate, call me and tell me that my son has to go back the first grade. I got one mixed up. I'll tell you what I'm through with this guy. I'm this.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say one more thing and I'm gonna be out here. Are you listening.
Speaker 2: I'm listening this his nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your girl friend of f Laicia.
Speaker 5: I'm Onlia, I am going to beat her. You're about to get to out the plank. I mean, I'm writing, I'm in everything, that everything. I'm gonna beat her because you know I don't play when it comes to my kids.
Speaker 4: That's all right, all right, but one more question?
Speaker 2: Now, what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 5: That's Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Baby, come on here now, all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next? It is as the CELO, our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey in the building and he's waiting. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time to ask the CLO, Chief Love Office of Steve Hart. Yes, yes, here we are is ready? Are you ready? Irma and Hammond writes, I'm a sixty year old widow and I'm dating a guy that's a chef. We bonded over our love for food, but he thinks he's the best cook on the planet. I made gumbo for him and instead of enjoying it, he critiqued it. We got in an argument and I said, most of his food is bland. He hasn't called sense. Should I reach out?
Speaker 2: Nothing like a good gumbo argument. Well you see, y'all too old, last people.
Speaker 7: Y'all too old last people here arguing about food instead of trying to find a way to get along, y'all trying to find a way to see. His need to be accepted as the chef and your need to be accepted as a good cook's greater than both y'all's needs to have a quality relationship. Oh wow, there is a saying, And I'm not sure if it's a scripture or not. Ain't no food like an old food pretty show? That ain't a scripture, ain't no party, but it sound.
Speaker 4: Like it should be. So congratulations.
Speaker 7: Both of you all have ruined your relationship because you all won't let the other person win. And that's as simple as that. And what would it have hurt if he'd have just hho, damn gumbo? And what would have hurt if you would have just said you a great chef? What would it have hurt? But he bought this on hisself because he started he did dumb ass dude. Sometimes the damn gumbo.
Speaker 4: Ego got in the way.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right.
Speaker 7: I mean, let's look at our very own show as a great example. Shirley k Ball water but she got a hug, but don't know she hello, learn yourself something, lady teaching, and Paul Nesto then had to eat lord knows what out of a damn crock pot. He had steak and rice out of a crock pot one time, lady with foam on it, and he ate it. No, he didn't, didn't need Let's pray for nests though.
Speaker 1: Moving on, Okay, Marie in Tampa says, my husband and I met through my best friend, so we're all close and they talk often. She needed boxes moved from her attic and she called my husband. I went too, because I don't trust women. She jokingly said, uh, don't nobody want your man? He laughed, but I didn't. Was she joking or being shady?
Speaker 7: The three of us on this show will tell you that the best jokes we've ever written has been ninety percent truth.
Speaker 2: The truth.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's something to her line that she stated.
Speaker 7: Don't nobody want your man? Why you call him all the time. If you don't want my man, why you ask him to come over here and move?
Speaker 4: No box?
Speaker 2: You don't know no other men. They got three men in a truck. They got all kind of moving companies.
Speaker 4: You can come.
Speaker 7: Hell, yeah, they probably got Uber moves by now there you go, you haul?
Speaker 4: Oh you know what? You ain't tripping? Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, she says she does not trust women. Okay, go with your first man, all right, Marie. And I'm mad at hope for they're not And all right. TetR im Portsmouth says, I'm moving to a new city to marry a man that I met online. I've been single for years, so I had to tell my old sex buddies and exes that I'll be off the market. One of them said goodbye. One of them got some goodbye cookie too. I want to intermarriage with a clean slate? Should I change my Facebook page and my cell number?
Speaker 7: If you want to hit a marriage with a clean slate, what you need to do is quit calling people up because your ass gets talked into things.
Speaker 4: Don't get it. You just need to quit calling people up. Hey, y'all, I'm Finn.
Speaker 1: Move up?
Speaker 4: Huh? Say one month? What Saturday?
Speaker 1: Saturday?
Speaker 7: Last time? You promise, Okay, I'll be there. You like the red Ones, Okay.
Speaker 2: To you.
Speaker 4: You need to just look, just do what you're gonna do.
Speaker 7: Block everybody, change your number, get off Facebook like that and going about your business.
Speaker 4: How many people you do have to call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might want to get baptized too. You might want to do a little that too. Just yeah, you need to be washed. Yeah, in the blood of the life all you can get washed. That'll probably be better. Oh, because if you get washed, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, Moving on to Liliana. Oh Liliana, that's a pretty name, Liliana, and Savannah says. I'm a thirty three year old Latina woman and I am only interested in dating black men, but I hear horror stories about how mean they are. The first black man I dated ghosted me after we had sex, even after I waited three months to sleep with him. Is it a way to vet these guys before I get too deeply involved with them?
Speaker 7: So wait a minute, let me ask you, so before you start slamming the whole black male races your monsters that they are. Why Latino men I mean, I mean, I mean Latin men is because men are the same everywhere why don't you try some white men that were all the same we men, y'all get upset.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, let me tell you something. If you got the wrong one, you got the wrong one. I don't care what race he belonged to.
Speaker 7: You all the focus on getting the right man instead of a type of man, because obviously your type ain't working for you. So why don't you try that, Lily Anna? Because Tommy, me and Junior, Hey, we ain't never we never been described as monsters towards women. You might not like me now once I end up not liking you, Oh I'm gone. Now, Yeah, I get ghosts.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if you told her these horror stories that she's heard.
Speaker 4: But I hear a.
Speaker 1: Black men are well what you want us from white women being ghosted? Latino women?
Speaker 7: And oh wait wait wait wait wait wait wait that CLO has an announcement to make you think black men is moss. White men will have your ass on a fishing boat with rocks in the boat, throwing out to sea and way coming back.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you feel you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Steve, what does Jay have going on?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 4: This road trip?
Speaker 7: A reenactment of everybody who's going to be taking a road trip this summer summertime, time for a bunch of people to get in the car and ride.
Speaker 11: And it was sound something like this.
Speaker 7: What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna react. React. What is it like when six grown people who work together take a road trip?
Speaker 4: All right, everybody in bug out?
Speaker 7: All right, let me start the car. They're dinging right there. Somebody ain't got their seat belt? All right, all right, now we need a little driving music.
Speaker 4: Boy, I like that. Did you hear what that help from? Taylor?
Speaker 1: Stripy version?
Speaker 4: Almost didn't like that? Girl no more?
Speaker 1: Well, quite frankly, I'd like to hear some gospel music.
Speaker 7: Come on, k.
Speaker 11: Dang, that's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's what happened to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So we're not listening listen to nothing. We ain't listening to nothing.
Speaker 11: Hang in silence, riding silence. Then let's just ride in silence.
Speaker 12: I just have a question, Yeah, well, boy, are we well?
Speaker 4: What you come for?
Speaker 1: You want to play a game?
Speaker 4: Play what game? Games?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: We can sing that song? Ninety nine bottles of beer saying that?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 11: Can we that's my cock?
Speaker 4: Can we play that?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 4: In the car. You own? Can we can we get something to eat?
Speaker 3: You know we just got in the car.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I know I'm forgetting something.
Speaker 4: Week Yes, to be quiet?
Speaker 1: No, oh, it's hot in here. Can you turn to Anna say this?
Speaker 11: I gotta say this.
Speaker 3: What I'm gonna say it?
Speaker 4: What I got? The peek said, damn it? Everybody else, get out the car?
Speaker 3: Just open the day.
Speaker 4: I'm constantly wait, wait, wait, hey, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: I'm Nona, damn nephew. I'm the dont no everybody out. I ain't everybody. You're talking about him.
Speaker 1: As much as I hate packing and I hate jack out to car, give me there.
Speaker 4: If you did pack, that's right. Get out. I just so I got a gun. Get out? Name is actually shoot something?
Speaker 7: Get out to car, get out, tell me get out, drunk out, joint out, Colin, Charlie out.
Speaker 1: I'm not walking in here.
Speaker 4: You ain't got to walk. Get out to car. Don't push me now, don't push your now what happened? Now?
Speaker 13: That's all you want to do is turn that musical he just drove off? Say carl called uber?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Tell me called uber? Ye can't believe I'm not walking.
Speaker 4: The car.
Speaker 1: This is supposed to be a fun road trip.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: He do nothing together?
Speaker 4: I know he better put them back up, lights on to bring his hands back down. Here is he making it right on the highway?
Speaker 2: Look, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold no, no, no, no, I got I got it. I gotta say no, let me do this. Hold on, hold on, I got you.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we're standing out here.
Speaker 4: I got the back home.
Speaker 1: I'm home.
Speaker 2: Here we go, here we go. Hold on, Yeah, I fixed, I fixed, yeah, yeah, yeah. But you know you just left all us on the side of the road.
Speaker 4: Hello, hey, what you left us on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: You're not coming back.
Speaker 4: I can see you. Oh, we got girls with it. You there with you, take care of them. Okay, this car ain't coming back.
Speaker 11: There's ladies and heels out here that take the heels.
Speaker 1: Off and be barefoot on the street.
Speaker 4: It was just way up after about four miles, every flatch.
Speaker 2: Can I say this, when we took our stuff out the cart, that black bag that you are your money in it, that bag is out here with us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, y'all, what's happen? Give me the black time, Let me have black be Give me the black bag, get the black back with your chance in the car. We'll put the bag here first, opening the door. If I don't see the bag, he go to bang. Throw it in the window. I promise you, if you just throw it in the window, throw it in the window.
Speaker 8: Time.
Speaker 4: I got time, I got hold the bag. So y'all, don't pull this trick again. Throw the bag. And how about I open the bag and start counting and see how much already know what's in there? Throw it. Throw the bag in the window first. You know what, We can actually buy a car.
Speaker 8: With this bag.
Speaker 1: Tommy, I love it.
Speaker 3: You know what going on?
Speaker 8: We got?
Speaker 1: Oh, let's get to count, and it looks like a lot.
Speaker 4: We've got.
Speaker 7: We've got one, two, three before we've got five negroes on the side road with a black bag.
Speaker 4: Look like it don't belong to them. U, let's something. Shut everybody else up.
Speaker 8: I'm y.
Speaker 1: We wait a minute.
Speaker 4: We get the black ass on the ground. Shut up. We we we'll sing a group. You got one more time, little man, one more time? No man gets black ass on the ground. You everybody down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a warning shot. The next one goes in. You all right, hand me the bag, Hand me the bag. It's just the police an hand me the bag.
Speaker 11: Shot before. I don't want to go to that no more. We can't do a damn thing together.
Speaker 4: We can't take a road trip, take a road trip.
Speaker 1: And you're listening hard morning show, and it's time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather get a tattoo on the inside of your lipt or would you get a tattoo all over your right thigh? Which one inside of your lift?
Speaker 7: Not my lift, man, because my thigh and nip is the same size. I put a tattoo on this thing right here. I can't even my damn it's gonna look like a billboard.
Speaker 1: Here, all right? Would you rather walk barefoot in a public restroom on the floor at the airport?
Speaker 4: I been sleep on that floor at the airport. I've done that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've done that too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, that bathroom floor something. When I was homeless, I spent night in the airport, three nights. Yeah, yeah, I spent the night a bathroom in there and everything, and then I, you know, I flight you just went in there, oh hell, you know it before nine eleven.
Speaker 4: You could just walk on in there.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: I went on. I stayed at the gate, kept like I was boarding. Turned around the screw man wanted to go somewhere, act like I was interested. Have slept and then and then hell yeah.
Speaker 7: And then I met this girl that worked at uh then Press, that prezel plays aunties preszels. She liked me, dog if she gave me prestels all day long during her shift. I kept them at night. I ate pressel for about three days. No meat, some water, had water found in the hallway. I had water, bathroom.
Speaker 1: I was comfortable.
Speaker 4: I was in the dog. I was in there, people watching and stuff.
Speaker 7: Then I sat across from a Fridays and they had a TV on it and I watched TV.
Speaker 4: Everything you meet, Oh dog, I was comfortable. Wow. See all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather be the captain of the football team or the valedictorian of your school? Of the whole school?
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, I ain't finna be that.
Speaker 3: What what is b again?
Speaker 1: Valedictorian? You know, the smartest person with the grades to give.
Speaker 4: To be that.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be this captain famous. Yeah, at least I know how to give a speech in the locker room. Miss, you ain't even understand that And I'm sure we is. Glad y'all had me up here to do. I know you sound like, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be this who captain of the football team. I ain't gonna make that valid valid thing.
Speaker 1: Valedictorian. All right, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: The company Dyson. We've all heard of Dyson, of course, mostly known for vacuum cleaners. Well, they've secretly been working on robots that do household chores. I'm whispering secret and when people say you kinda naturally whisper like, all right, need to be okay, yeah, listen, Okay, here we go. The gadgets seemed to be different versions of versions of robot arms that put stuff away okay, tidy up a bit, they help with the vacuuming, and they do the dishes. My favorite, what household Sure, here's the question, guys, what household chore do you dislike doing the most? What chore did your mom make you do on Saturday mornings?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, we all.
Speaker 2: If that robot can't get them baseboars, my mama not fooling with them. If my mama not having that, my mom will cuss this robot out. If you don't get these baseballs. I'm telling you what I'm talking about. In this whole house, you're gonna get these baseballs.
Speaker 4: And I mean that here.
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna clean and whole refrigerate out, take everything out, and put everything back in there the way you're supposed to be. Now, if the robot can't do that that, I'm sorry, we're not gonna be able to use y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try it, though, because I don't want.
Speaker 4: To do I love it. Oh my god, what you got you right now?
Speaker 14: Please let me know when the robot that can clean toilets, please let me know when he is sick of toilets to this game. That's why I got cleaning people now, because Mama made me clean this toilet, not just on Saurdays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays. I'm sick of toilet, the back of the toilet, under the toilet, round the toilet, the bowl inside, under the lips.
Speaker 12: If I could get a robot for that, I'm buying it.
Speaker 2: I'm buying a matter of fact, when you get through with that toilet, jun you're talking about, if that robot can't put that comment in that hot in that tub and let it sit for you know. Yeah, we always we always sprinkle the tub like seasoning with coming and walk away and sit for a way with a little bit of water and then the water let it.
Speaker 1: Tommy, there was the comp There were the comic people and the Ajax people. We were comic people always always, but there was Ajax too, remember Ajax Samon, the blue can and the green can. Yeah, yes, yes, but it was almost like, oh, you used comment, We used a jack, use a, we used comments.
Speaker 2: Don't let it be something that really need to be clean. That's when Grandmam gonna bak break out that ammonia on you.
Speaker 1: Yes, and oh, chemicals, do you know how many chemicals we breathed in?
Speaker 14: I think your house wasn't clean unless you get a smell like chemicals.
Speaker 3: And pine lord.
Speaker 4: Yes, everything, But we didn't upgrading that baby. We've got to have you got to have that fabulu.
Speaker 1: Local y purple, purple, but.
Speaker 3: Smell so good.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it all right.
Speaker 15: So okay, so Tommy, you took you brought back some memories when you said clean out the refrigerator and take everything out. So when we were little, we moved from Chicago to Houston. I was maybe about twelve. So we looked with my grandmother for a little while. Boy, my grandmother told my mom, clean out refrigerator. Clean out refrigerator. So my mom put it off.
Speaker 1: Put it off.
Speaker 4: Now my mom's good and grown. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Boy, my grandmother, she was a nurse. She came home, she opened, she opened that refrigerator, pulled everything out, put it on the floor, and see, y'all gonna clean out refrigerator.
Speaker 1: My mama looked at me and say.
Speaker 4: We moved.
Speaker 6: We moved.
Speaker 4: We'll be down in the shelter. Clean up this. First.
Speaker 1: I had to mop the kitchen floor. After I cleaned the cleaned it up.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: That was the oven, all the dishes, all the big pots. That. Then we had to mop the floor. Lord and we had the you know the mop that she had to ring out. Yeah, remember that mop.
Speaker 2: You know what's got to be clean. To me, I can't stand it. The microwave has to be clean. I can't see it with somebody warm with something to micro waye it. Then popped all old dog on places.
Speaker 12: When you open that door, it looked like a crime scene in there. Gont just bust the sausage.
Speaker 1: And before I knew you couldn't put aluminum in the microwave.
Speaker 2: That was what.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Coming up next to nephew, Today's prank phone call right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show coming up right about four minutes after the hour. As always, it's my Strawberry letter for today.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The subject is I don't think we're really cousins. We'll get into it. Don't worry, we'll get into you, all right, we'll get in right now. The nephew is here with today Today's prank phone call. What you got for its nest?
Speaker 2: I Repoe Man shared, I got Repoe Man. Everybody's had a repossession at some point or another in your life.
Speaker 4: You had something, you walked outside in your driveway and it was gone.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's happened, it's already walked out there like what I know? Goodn't it down?
Speaker 7: Going?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I farket right, he Repoe Man. Let's go cat though. Hello, I'm trying to reach age please. Sorry, my name is Robert. I'm with the collection agency. You do on a Sierra two thousand and three GMC truck. Am I correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't show that we've had any payments within the last I guess about three close to four months now, and we want to try and stop having to come in and repossess it. Maybe we give you a chance to bring your payment in, but we haven't had a payment from you in about four months, sir, No.
Speaker 8: Chances Financial along with the other another bank. I don't know what's in the mode. Yeah, I've been paying all the time. It's directed party.
Speaker 4: From our cod well, UH, I'm with they've they've turned you over to us.
Speaker 2: I'm with UH collection agency and we haven't gotten anything from I don't I don't show any uh any paperwork here on the computer at all that we've had any payments made within the last four months.
Speaker 4: So that's why they have.
Speaker 8: Turned it over to y'all without my permission. They can't never tell over to y'all A yo.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, I understand that, sir.
Speaker 2: What happens is if you haven't paid it in a certain amount of time, it actually comes over to the collection agency. And that's what they've done. They've actually sent it over to us. They've given us UH pretty much all the information on you. I guess it's a GOLDI type of color uh Cer two thousand and three GMC truck from our understanding?
Speaker 4: Am I correct? Okay?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Now, what I'm gonna need from you today, Jeremy, is for you to come in uh and make a payment to us this evening for four months so we can see, so we don't have to come in and repossess your truck. And I don't want to have to do that. But if I have to send a record out there to you, I have your address on file as well. I don't want to have to send anybody out to pick it up.
Speaker 8: Y'all not coming here my truck. And I'm not paying y'all for for no full month. I'm not paying my truck no all the time every month. That's a dunk deal, sir.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get in a back and forth with you, but I'm telling you exactly how it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I'll come out there and repossess it myself.
Speaker 8: But I'm telling you, look, that's not that's not even where we gotta go with that. Don't be you don't need to be screaming and fussing and chaotic and come get it yourself and all that. You ain't so much truck truck that's gonna be that?
Speaker 2: What hang on, let's back up, because I'm a man just like your man. What do you mean it's gonna that's gonna be that? What you're saying?
Speaker 4: What are you? What do you? What are you saying to me?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 8: I'm telling you. Look, I'm telling you that I'm paying my truck note and and that's a final I don't know's.
Speaker 2: I've already stated it to you before. I'm with an agency. And let's get one thing straight. You don't tell me I tell you now, Hey, calm.
Speaker 8: Down, law a phone, it don't make no sense. Tell me you know over the phone, it wasn't. You can come. You can come get the truck. My truck right here I work. I'm ready here.
Speaker 5: You can come.
Speaker 8: You can come try to get my truck. You can come on there, sir.
Speaker 4: I'm already aware of where you work in the whole nine yards. Now, I don't. I'm trying to be as uh cordial with you as I can.
Speaker 8: Now you can about coming get my truckle I'll tell you I'll be paying much. So you know you should have dropped down and been like, all right, I'm gonna check with somebody else, Check with somebody else and make sure I'm right, and then call me back.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you you haven't paid anything. That's what I'm telling you. I've got it listed on the computer. You've been turned over an agency and you haven't done it. You haven't done it thing. What used to you?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 8: You're raising your breast, screaming and hollo over the phone like that because they ain't gonna do me up.
Speaker 2: You no good.
Speaker 8: But you ain't getting no money from me? Then you ain't coming my truck. Well, a matter of fact, you could come for my truck. I'm I'm gonna be at my truck and I'm gonna wait on you.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any difference, sir. You gotta get repossessed tonight. If I don't get four months payment bruck, definitely, If I don't get four months payment brought into me collection agency, your truck will be taking care of. No.
Speaker 8: Hold on, listen, man, hold on the person. You kind of kind of serious. Hey, let's stop.
Speaker 4: You quick. Person at me.
Speaker 8: That's what trump you got. Look right outside, you can come over here and get it. Obviously, know their ways for you.
Speaker 2: Look, you know what I'm at the point. I don't give it about this job. I'm ready to come kick car. That's what I'm ready to do. Call him back care.
Speaker 4: I don't need a little scared hanging up the phone. You're standing here like a man, and you handle your problems.
Speaker 8: Hey, hold on, I'm I can't be I make it work, bro, stop calling.
Speaker 2: I'm at work to doing my job the same way you're doing yours.
Speaker 8: You don't want to do your job, get truck.
Speaker 4: I got one more thing I want to say to you before you go. And you're listening this his nephew till me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked.
Speaker 8: You got you got all my teacher, man, you are all right. Man, I'm gonna talk to this roof man. I'm talking about cooler, talking about.
Speaker 4: She told me. She told me, man, she said that boy love that truck.
Speaker 8: Yeah. That's my choice, man, my only traputation. Man, that's choice. Yeah, yeah, you got it.
Speaker 4: I gotta ask. I gotta ask you.
Speaker 2: Man, Tell me, brother, what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in.
Speaker 8: The late Steve Hall the Morning Shoe.
Speaker 4: I get it. Yeah you did.
Speaker 1: He sounded a little bit like junior to me, and.
Speaker 4: I think if I remember, I think he knew Orleans. I think he Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 7: What you think, Steve, Well, I understand where it's coming from. Car mean get me, especially when I lived in it.
Speaker 1: Not only was it your transportation, it was your home again and they was looking for it too. M So you had to park.
Speaker 4: You've been you've been repolled before. How many times you've been reposessed?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Just once?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: How many time you didn't dide? How long have you dodged it?
Speaker 8: Just?
Speaker 4: But let me ask that quin.
Speaker 1: Two years? Oh, you were skillful two years. Yeah, so you had to park somewhere different all the time.
Speaker 4: Then I catched a bus home.
Speaker 7: I had a bike rack put on the back of it so I could park it somewhere and ride the bike home and ride the bike back to it.
Speaker 4: To work. Parking somewhere else you do better, Pain, No, I ain't had what you were in shape.
Speaker 2: I was outspanding and back then, sir, black people didn't have no bike racked on the back of their car.
Speaker 1: You were very creative, Steve.
Speaker 7: No, I parked at friend's house. Uh, wake up, couldn't remember where the hell my car was? Dog, You're gonna come get your carge driveway so I can go to work. Oh I went to the wrong house.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Steve, Wow, what was all in there?
Speaker 4: What did you I'm gonna close, you know, just a little stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, that was I was.
Speaker 7: I was just financially wasn't fit there. But when I lived in it, I just drove out of state. Good luck. And you know this was before you had All you had to have was license plates. They hadn't come up with the sticker system yet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, wow.
Speaker 4: Was your plates? So was your plates really your plates? So that was?
Speaker 1: What does that mean exactly?
Speaker 10: I know?
Speaker 4: Well I had like three Ohio tags in my car.
Speaker 1: So even if they did find the car, you have three different.
Speaker 4: Lights of plates in the car.
Speaker 7: Like if I showed gas and I think they saw me, I go a little bit and change your tags.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get out of here. We'll be back with more of the.
Speaker 4: Teas up on all that. Sure, don't why you can't hold no public office?
Speaker 1: Right Strawberry letter coming up? I don't think we're really cousins. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening morning show. Well, guys, it's time now for today's Strawberry Letter and listen. If you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEHARVEYFM dot com and just click submit Strawberry Letter and we could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, buggle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is the Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you, nephew. Subject. I don't think we're really cousins. Dear Stephen Shirley. In high school, I liked a girl and she liked me. We talked on the phone and hung out together all the time, and her mom and my mom were close too, so she always was at my house or I was at hers. By the time we graduated from high school, we were even closer, and I told her that I wanted her to be more than my friend. She's always been really close to her mom and tells her everything, so she told her mom that she and I were dating. Her mom told her that I was her cousin. When she told me we were related, I felt strange because we had kissed a few times. We never questioned it. Though we stopped dating and remained very close cousins, we still did everything together and told each other everything, and by the time we were in our mid twenties, we had both had a bunch of bad relationships and always ended up back together. I realized that I loved my quote unquote cousin and she's a perfect woman for me. So I finally asked my mom if we were really related. My mom said, we're related somewhere down the line, but there is no way for us to find out now because all of the older relatives are deceased. I told my mom that I'm in love with her and I want to be with her. My mom told me to follow my heart. I couldn't wait to tell my cousin how I really felt, and I was relieved when she told me she's been in love with me forever. Since then, we've made love a few times, and I asked her to marry me. She wants to do a search of our family tree. I don't think we're cousins and this is only postponing our happiness. Should we search for answers or not? Hmm, Well, I'm with you. On this one, I don't know. I just don't believe your guys are cousins. I don't believe. I think maybe you know, her mom told her that because she didn't want you guys dating for whatever reason. And you know, I don't want you guys, not because I don't want it to be true or anything. I just don't believe your mom. Both of them are telling the truth. Even your mom said you were related somewhere down the line, she didn't even know, and she said there's no one in your family to validate it. But I mean, there are ways you can search to find out. It's just, I don't know, suspicious the way they handled everything and the way they told you, and for that very reason, Yes, I think you should find out if you're related. I think you should do the search. I mean, knowledgeous power. The truth will set your free. What if you want to have children down the line, you know this is something you should know, whether or not you're related. There's a lot to consider. You need the fact so you can make an informed, the clear headed, right decision and nothing just based on your emotions. Like your mom told you, just to follow your heart. It sounds like you don't care though, if your cousins are not, and your mom certainly doesn't care, but your girl wants to know and it's important to her. So I think you should do the search, and you know, whatever you guys find out, let the ships fall, you know where they may. I don't think you're really cousins. I don't know then, and if you find out that you're not, then you can move forward.
Speaker 7: Steve, Well, this is a short response for me, because I don't even understand. There's no advice to give in this letter, like you don't know, imal, I have sections why I break down what somebody said and what the other person said.
Speaker 4: Is none of that in here.
Speaker 1: And he just wants to know should they search? That's his question.
Speaker 4: Anyway, It ain't about that to me.
Speaker 7: If your mother, if the woman that she's really close to, and y'all been over each other's house, if that ain't your mother's sister, and that woman that's not the sister this girl that you're dating, and okay, let me put it. The woman and your mama are not sisters, and then her daughter is the woman.
Speaker 1: You love.
Speaker 7: That ain't your cousin. So now that's established right there. Now this y'all cousin somewhere down the line. Black people know what's happening. How far you get, lamb if all of them is dead, Black people know what's happening.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: What didn't happen is one of the men in the family and strayed off somewhere, had a child out of war, and one of your aunts or mama's is them now? Everybody dead?
Speaker 4: Stuff. Y'all got bibles, Open up them with old bibles and read who who? You ain't gonna see your name in there.
Speaker 2: Now once you don't see your name, Just open and shut case they know all the old people dead.
Speaker 4: Well, hot man, So what are we talking about here? So I don't really think it's a case.
Speaker 7: Of if you do the search, what you're gonna find, You're not gonna find anything, and you'll already you were in love with the girl.
Speaker 4: She in love with the girl, I mean, she in love with you. I mean, what.
Speaker 1: If they want kids. They're too far down the line for that to affect anything you're saying.
Speaker 4: I think they're way way down the line. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: It was something dangerous. The boy's mother would not have said follow your heart.
Speaker 1: But the other mother was the one that said their cousins. I think she said it because she didn't want them to date.
Speaker 7: She just said that, well, okay, tell her mama ask or ask her mama how uh huh.
Speaker 4: But she didn't even.
Speaker 7: Tell how these She can't even tell how these other two is related, the two women.
Speaker 4: What's their relationship?
Speaker 9: They're just they're just really close, you know, only cousins. Yeah, but they did it, they do know they did it, right, Yeah, it's in the letter.
Speaker 4: They said it in the letter.
Speaker 1: Yes, in the letter. We'll have part two of Steve coming up at twenty three minutes after be our subject I don't think we're really cousins. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's interesting Strawberry Letters. Subject I don't think we're really cousins.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: This guy was in high school. He liked the girl and they she liked him. They talked on the phone, hung out together all the time. Yeah, her mom and my mom were close too, so she was always at my house. Never once in this letter does it say her mom and his mom was related.
Speaker 10: M M.
Speaker 7: By the time they graduated high school, we were even closer. I told her we want to be more than friends. She's always been really close to her mom and tells everything.
Speaker 4: So she told her mom.
Speaker 7: She and I were dating. Her mom told her I was her cousin, but your mama ain't related this to the boys, Mama, they're just so now where that comes from? Well, she told me we were related. I felt strange cause I had kissed a few times. We never questioned it though. We still updating and remained close everything together. Then they went through a bunch of bad relationships and always ended up back together. And then he said, I realized I loved my cousin and she's a perfect woman for me. So this dude go and ask his mom if they really related. The mother said, y'all related somewhere down the line, but ain't no way to find out because all the older relatives are dead.
Speaker 4: I did, well, okay, when's we talking about this folk?
Speaker 7: I told my mom that I'm in love with her and I want to be with her. My mom told me follow my heart. So then he ran and told the girl who is he thinks his cousin how I really felt, and he was relieved when she told me she been in love with me forever.
Speaker 4: Well then since then they'd have made.
Speaker 7: Love a few times, and I asked her to marry me. Yeah, she wants to do a search of our family tree first because she.
Speaker 4: Don't want to come up and get in bad.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: Then half these people you think it's dead, gonna show up at the wedding. Well, it ain't just strange, you know, I'm Gertrude's least Overtholom. Inside the all.
Speaker 4: Have old slaves names and everything.
Speaker 7: Frederick, you know, Frederick was your uncle, great great great great uncle, Frederick Frederick Douglas.
Speaker 4: Boy, you got to afro just like him, you know, be a guy. So she wants to do a search and to think.
Speaker 7: And he said, I don't think we cousins, and this is only postponing our happiness. Should we search for answers or not? Okay, let me explain something to you, son. When you get through searching, it ain't gonna change one thing you feel about this girl. Come on, boy, when you get through searching, it ain't gonna erase the fact and y'all in love with each other, and y'all been together. It ain't gonna erase nothing, no matter what the search say. And if you find out you somewhere way down the line. How far down the line is it? Now?
Speaker 4: How many people got to die? Steve?
Speaker 7: Well, all your evidence is dead down the line is dead. But your mother and her mother ain't even related. So what are y'all talking about?
Speaker 1: See? I think her mother didn't want them to date, because immediately when she told him that, they stopped dating.
Speaker 7: If there's no relation between the two friends, well that could be happening because maybe they just friends and the two kids.
Speaker 4: And other families.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, yeah, that's a possibility.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't think their cousins I don't think will hurt anything to do the search because we.
Speaker 4: See the problem with that is we're talking about two mothers. Though. See, once you have mothers involved, it ain't no, you ain't in the family.
Speaker 1: M hmm, what you mean?
Speaker 4: This woman.
Speaker 7: Is the mother of the boy all your heart is the mother of the girl. So how are these two kids related? How am I missing something?
Speaker 1: It could be through? Could it be through mar I don't know.
Speaker 7: Two women were married to the same brothers or some friends. That could happen.
Speaker 1: But now, yeah, I don't think that I just don't think they're related.
Speaker 4: What's that test you take? Din We had that test one time. What is the name? I think ancestry doctor. That's it right there.
Speaker 1: I just did one. I just did a test.
Speaker 4: I just did it. I had people do mine for me.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying. You don't have to have living relatives, you know. So his mom said, everybody's dead to prove whether or not there I can.
Speaker 7: Find stuff on my mother's side, but it goes back to my father and it stops.
Speaker 4: Oh so if down the line ain't here.
Speaker 1: You can still find out what's going on. He love it though, Yeah, yeah, she loves him. She wants she's the one that wants to know. I mean, you do have to consider that you have small children and everything.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: Are you out, Steve? You're done well.
Speaker 4: I told you I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: Cause you got awfully quiet right there.
Speaker 4: It was hard to raise anyway, don't have it?
Speaker 1: Ain't that the truth?
Speaker 4: You said? Well, yeah, you're gonna have a situation with him if ain't nothing wrong with him?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, listen, guys. You can leave your comments on Today's letter on Instagram, at Steve Harvey FM and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand. You're listening Hardy Morning Show all right. Time now to check Steve's voicemail and if you would like to leave a voicemail for Steve, call him eight seven seven twenty nine. Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve.
Speaker 4: All right, Steve.
Speaker 1: So, recently, during our Ask the Colo segment, I'm sure you'll remember this, a woman wrote in said her four year old son sleeps in the bed with her and now that she's engaged, her fiance said it's time for the boy to sleep in his own bed. Well, you agreed with the fiance. You know, we had a problem with that. We wanted the baby to stay in the bed with the mommy. But this caller left a message and disagree with you.
Speaker 6: Listen, Okay, these guys aren't taking live callups because you can't take the heat.
Speaker 5: But Steve, you have never raised a four year old. He's never been around any of your children.
Speaker 14: At the age of four, were your vice children at the age of four, So you have no idea how bonded the child is at four years old.
Speaker 7: Okay, Now, first of all, you a damn lie because Brandon Carley, I watched them being born.
Speaker 4: You don't know nothing about me, and don't worry about.
Speaker 7: Marjory's kids and all this here you'll call in myself talking about do.
Speaker 4: You can't take no heat.
Speaker 7: Your ass don't know what you're talking about. I've been round kids. I've been around Winton since he was born. I've been around bribery. I've been round between you. The one ain't been round me. Oh, call here no more with your little mucky ass statement. You don't know how kids are. I know plenty about kids. I ain't never had a child. But your ass gonna get in your bed and foe and sleep while your damn self. That's what you gonna do. And you're not gonna call here no more, which show damn wrong ass information.
Speaker 4: I wish you would call here. Lie, You ain't gonna been around your own kids. You don't know me. You an internet person? All right? Now, we ain't moving on. We're staying right here. What was her name.
Speaker 7: Name?
Speaker 4: Oh coward too? Oh a coward?
Speaker 7: Now you're gonna call it, tell me what I ate, But you ain't gonna leave your name. Oh maybe ragged ass calls me no more.
Speaker 4: And this is why we.
Speaker 7: Don't take the cause. Lie this why right here? Ain't nobody scared? This is why we don't take live calls. They don't know this on the hal All right.
Speaker 1: Now we're moving on to a voice call from a calling who appreciates us.
Speaker 4: Steve.
Speaker 1: How about that change, Steve.
Speaker 10: I just want to say, God bless you and your whole entire morning. So cruise, y'all are such a blessing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the advice.
Speaker 10: I appreciate the straightforward and this has been an inspiration and it keeps me going. It gives me my chuckle for the morning, and I love it. My kids love it, even though some of it's not children I appropriate, but we do appreciate you. North Carolina represents all day, every day and fort Uncle Steve and the cruise.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you very much for that. Oh wow, you know you don't have levels show. You have to have levels and I just wanted to say thank you so much, sister.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you Steve. You're listening morning show. All right, So this summer heat wave really hot. We've been sweating. We know how hot it is. And you know, think about kids today. They don't really know how to play the games that we used to play back in the day during summer. Uh So, guys, I want to ask you this question. Can you, guys reminisce and tell us about some of the games you played outside. I know you have some story, Steve, give us some suggestion about what the kids can do to stay cool this summer.
Speaker 7: Get your daddy's uh pipe wrench. Go down there, take that Take that nozzle off that fire hydrant. Get all the damn water you want.
Speaker 4: A turn that sprinkl on in the front yard and just run your air back and forth to it.
Speaker 7: Ah, let your mama take that nozzle off that fire hose and put her thumb on it and spray your ass. I act like y'all don't remember that, man, Please, I'm gonna tell you something I did one time. Man, we played Hide and go Seek. One time I hid under Ms Payne's porch. I damn it, fainted under there was so damn hot.
Speaker 12: Nobody never found you.
Speaker 4: Man, ain't nobody found me, and I forgot we was playing.
Speaker 7: I was damn man hard, damn lost consciousness under that hot ass porch. Yeah, Man, I crawled out. They found me. I was just trying to crawl getting my head out in that damn driveway. Get some app man, I love it, man, U s all right?
Speaker 2: Iron?
Speaker 1: I love and seek man, because you know what.
Speaker 7: Man, we playing hide and go seek. I had heard so good under that porch. You know how they go and free?
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 7: I couldn't even muster up the strip to crawl out money the damn porch. I was into the porch going help meet kids.
Speaker 4: What man, it was fun of what were growing up? We have to go outside. I'm going outside with fun. We wouldn't played like it was a job.
Speaker 12: I said nine that morning. You couldn't come back in there till five.
Speaker 7: I had to eat two bowls of cereal before I went outside, coming back to lunch, and we find go out here play these hard.
Speaker 4: Ass games tag. I'm playing tag with soft nim And they asked, what's fast.
Speaker 12: Football? Touch on the concrete, tackling the grass.
Speaker 4: That's it, sideline stick all of that.
Speaker 7: Go down there and go fence hopping and started down at the end of the street and just hop fences. Whoever get to the top of the block first win. But you had to go past cane no see kings chained.
Speaker 1: The German shepherd.
Speaker 4: Did you ever win when.
Speaker 7: Oh hell, yeah, my list can ask because I could go, man, I can come. Plus, I was from the country, you know. That's all I did was climb on stuff so I could win.
Speaker 4: You got caught one of the fence because I damn yeah, shirt caught up. Shirt hell shirt.
Speaker 12: Rock ahead from the ball.
Speaker 7: Get your shirt. My whole ass hung up on top of that. I mean just hanging on it, bleeding, you know, because you don't know you got your belt, Loupe caught on that thing. You then toyo jeans and don't more than lee jeans.
Speaker 4: Man. I was just jangling from the fence. My brother had to come get me down.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, did you up playing sports?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: Baseball, gods ball?
Speaker 3: What about.
Speaker 4: I was scared of Laryer or lad. I could throw that ball so damn hard.
Speaker 1: Oh ouch, you know.
Speaker 4: You know we did up.
Speaker 14: We had found a set of golf club We didn't know nothing about golf in the hood.
Speaker 12: Eric Well dug a hole across at an abandoned house.
Speaker 4: That was the whole.
Speaker 12: Everybody had a club. I'm over there trying to get this ball across the street with a pun. Clean know nothing but off.
Speaker 11: Fun time ye till I was exhausted right right back?
Speaker 1: All right, thanks guys. We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up in about twenty minutes after the hour right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show, So listen to this story, guys. A meat manufacturing company experienced a glitch in its payroll recently and accidentally paid a worker three hundred times his salary, and now they can't seem to find the guy. The worker expected his usual monthly check of five hundred and forty five dollars, but instead received a check for more than one hundred and eighty thousand dollars. Now, when he noticed, yeah, when he noticed the mistake, he alerted his manager, who told him to go to his bank and repay the money. But he never did and the company can't find him. They tried to reach him for several days and eventually received a letter from his attorney informing them of his resignation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you roll babies.
Speaker 1: He hasn't been heard from since. The company has filed a complaint with the police, but no arrest has been made. So the question to you, guys is, what would you do in this situation if you got paid three hundred times your salary.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm out, y'all. I'm telling you, I will die in front of you right there. You would think I'm gone flat out, roll me out the dough. Pardon I'm gone, Junior. I call in him.
Speaker 12: I will call see how y'all doing.
Speaker 4: How the Morning show doing in hell? Coming back?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 4: Stay three hundred times you'll pay wow?
Speaker 1: Co All right, we'll have more, Thank guys, We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up. We'll do a round of would you rather? At thirty three minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening Harby Morning Show. It's time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather get a tattoo on the inside of your lip or would you get a tattoo all over your right thigh? Which one inside of your lipt? A lot of people not my lift man, thigh, my thigh and nip is the same sign. I put a tattoo on this thing right here. I can't even hold my damn out. It gonna look like a billboard?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather walk barefoot in a public restroom? On the floor at the airport?
Speaker 4: They sleep on that floor at airport. I've done that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've done that too. Yeah all right, that bathroom floating something.
Speaker 7: When I was homeless, I spent night in the airport, three nights. Yeah, and man, yeah, I spent the night. They had bathroom in there and everything.
Speaker 1: And then I you know, I still flight.
Speaker 4: You just went in there. Hell, you know it before nine eleven. You could just watch it on in there.
Speaker 2: Man. I went on.
Speaker 7: I stayed at the gate, kept like I was bored, and turned around the man wanted to go somewhere, act like I was interested, slept at the and then and then hell yeah. And then I met this girl that worked at uh didn't press that pretzel place, Auntie uh Presbels.
Speaker 11: She liked me.
Speaker 7: She gave me preszels all day long doing her shift. I kept them at night. I ate pressel for three days.
Speaker 4: No meat. Some water, had water found in the hallway. I had water bathroom. I was comfortable, dog.
Speaker 7: I was in there, people watching and stuff. Then I set across from a Fridays and they had a TV on it and I watched TV.
Speaker 4: You had everything you need, oh dog, I was comfortable.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: See all right, would you rather be the captain of the football team or the valedictorian of your school, of the whole school.
Speaker 4: No, hey, yeah, I ain't finn to be that.
Speaker 1: What is again, valedictorian? You know, the smartest person with the grades and given.
Speaker 4: To be that. I'm gonna be this captain.
Speaker 7: Ga, yeah, at least I know how to give a speech in the locker rooms missing it. You ain't even understand that. And I'm sure we a is glad y'all had me up here to do. I know you sound like, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be this captain of the football team. I ain't gonna make that valid valifetorian.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be back with our last break of the day and some closing remarks coming up at forty nine minutes after the hour right after this you're listening morning show. All right, here we are, Steve, We've come to the end of our show. Wow, a lot of stuff happened on this show today. So here we go with just one more thing and your closing remarks.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I wanted to talk to you all in my closing remarks today about something that I've had to learn to rely on more of late. I wish I had learned this a lot earlier in my life. It would have helped me such a great deal. I've had to learn to trust in God's timing and I've had to learn to trust in God's will. Now these are tough lessons to learn. I know why I didn't learn these lessons earlier because I thought that it was in my best interest to work as hard as I could make choices and decisions and go about the process of trying to make those choices and decisions work.
Speaker 4: And I did that, and a lot of people do that.
Speaker 7: And you know, we set our goals and where our dreams up on our vision boards, and we get locked in on that, and that's what we started shooting for. What I've learned as I've gotten older, it's Steve Harvey. It's absolutely fine to have aspirations, dreams, and visions and goals, but in your request of requiring or attaining all of these things, you should also add in the request that God let your will be done and give me the strength and wisdom to trust in your timing.
Speaker 4: But I didn't do that.
Speaker 7: I thought that it was in my best interest to set my goals and aspirations and then just start working towards them as hard as I could. Some of those things happened because some of those things were in His will. But when a lot of things didn't happen for me, I didn't understand that it just wasn't God's will for me.
Speaker 4: And so what I've had to learn as I've gotten.
Speaker 7: Older is when I set up my vision board, when I set up my dream board like I have on my phone today, and I have in my notes section of everything I want I'm asking of God on page one it says trust in his timing and trust in his will. Because the old I've gotten, I've discovered something that everything that I wanted and then I wanted it to work out as say, a certain way, what God has given me didn't work out that way, and what He gave me was far greater than what I asked. I can tell you it has worked that way every single time.
Speaker 4: Why I did not.
Speaker 7: Learn this when I was younger, Man, it befuddles me. But that's what age is though, that's what experience he is. They say experiences is priceless. It's a shame. You have to pay for it with your youth. And it cost me my youth to learn that God's will and God's timing is far superior than mine.
Speaker 4: So now, Steve, how do you fix that? How do you fix that?
Speaker 7: Well, it's a couple of things I had to get in line with. First of all, the will of God, our Father, who art in heaven. How will be thy name, thy Kingdom come? Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. That's important when you pray to ask God that his will be done in your life. I mean, who would know better how to direct your life than the person who.
Speaker 4: Gave you life, your creator.
Speaker 7: So that was the first thing I had to start implementing in my prayer, to let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. And then the Lord's prayer gets real specific. Give us this day our daily bread.
Speaker 8: You know what that is?
Speaker 4: You're just asking for. You need enough to get through today.
Speaker 7: See, tomorrow ain't promised and you have no control over tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Do you know that today is enough?
Speaker 7: Do you know that if you take care of yourself today, today got plenty for you to do. Today is a monster man, Today is a truckload. This is all we were built for. We were built for today.
Speaker 2: Now, once again, does not to mean you don't have aspirations, goals and hopes for tomorrow.
Speaker 7: That's not what it says. The Bible says a man without a dream or visions you'll perish. That ain't what he's saying. But you got to get your focus on today. Give us this day our daily bread because that's enough. Tomorrow will take care of itself. And like that quote I was reading to you all the other day that I got, and I'm gonna grab it right quick, but it really really helped me man, in my focus point of learning how to be you know, because it's just important that I learned this lesson right here. Fear does not stop death, it stops life. And worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles. It takes away today's peace. Come on, man, if you focus on today, you'll have a much more peaceful life.
Speaker 4: Worrying about tomorrow it does nothing for you.
Speaker 7: That's God's will, That's God's timing. Tomorrow, yours is today. Focus on today, man, trust in God's timing, trusting God's will because it's better than the plan you got. I thank God that I started become more trusting in his timing and his will and stop tripping all the time on what Steve Harvey want?
Speaker 4: What do God want for you? Man?
Speaker 7: Have you ever asked that that's way better than what you could ever imagine? Those are my closing remarks. Don't forget to pray, don't be ashamed to pray, and don't ever be too proud to pray, because prayer, prayer changes things. Pray, Chase, y'all have.
Speaker 4: A good day.
Speaker 8: For all.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey. Contest is necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit steveharveyfm dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.