Speaker 1: Good morning in the US, saying yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlemagne, the god piece to the plane.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, Yes.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday. We got our guest co hosts with us, Lauren Lo Rosa. She's back. I don't have to say formerly a TMC. They know who you are. They know now.
Speaker 4: They are in the comments letting me know.
Speaker 3: Now. No, let's look at Charlemagne right now.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne is broadcasting and it's a lot of different things we see in.
Speaker 3: The background, right, Okay, what do we see? I see a microwave over there?
Speaker 4: See a guitar.
Speaker 3: I see a guitar, I see some uh what else?
Speaker 4: Do I see a thermostatic?
Speaker 3: I see a thermostad? I see a black something. What is this?
Speaker 4: Is this like a piece of art?
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is? Where? Where the hell are you, Charlamagne?
Speaker 1: I don't know what any of us has to do with me because I'm just broadcasting from the station, broadcast in the kitchen. Nah, but I'm today I'm going to be at the Low Country Mental Health Conference in my birthplace of Charleston, South Carolina. I'll be doing the welcoming remarks because it's a whole weekend event.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I love that my city is providing people with the necessary resources that they need in regards to investing in there and their mental wealth. And I just found out about this this event a few weeks ago when I was home talking to the mayor Tecklenburg. And this has been going on for years, and I feel like enough of us didn't know about it, and by us, I mean black people. So I decided to lend my voice in my organization, the Mental Wealth Alliance, partnered with the Low Country Mental Health Conference to just you know, amplify the event. So, like I said, I'll be doing the welcoming remarks today and I'm doing a book signing as well out there, so I'll be signing copies of my book shitk One Anxiety Playing Tricks on Me, which is my second national bestseller that talked about my experiences with mental health. So I'll see y'all later today. So as far as what's behind me, I have nothing to do with that. Just ask you this was this was all here when I when I when I got here.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking, just ask, yeah, and again everybody, if you're traveling. I know a lot of people are traveling and heading on vacation. Give the airline to call. They've been canceling flights like crazy. I was supposed to be back yesterday from La. I was out in La shooting something with Ford with t pain, and it took me a long time to get back. I finally got back, but I'm here. I'm blessed. I got to see my kids last night.
Speaker 4: You fly Delta.
Speaker 3: I usually fly Delta, but I couldn't get a Delta flight. It was all so lout. So I flew back Jet Blue Mint jet Blue okay, which is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both my two favorite airlines, Delta and Jet Blue. I flew Delta yesterday. Salute to the one of the ladies at Delta who made the old man feel good when when I said how are you and she said, I'm doing better now that you here, said whoa, whoa, whoa, relax, relaxed, I'm a married man. Okay, one that I know, I still got it. No, she worked at uh, she just I don't think she was a flight attendant. So she worked in the the Delta Sky Club former.
Speaker 7: Delta flight attendant here, and I want you to know that we make sure our customer service is at top par.
Speaker 1: Okay, I had nothing to do with the push up something doing nothing to do with my beautiful skin.
Speaker 7: It had everything to do with the brand. And I mean no, they probably were excited that you were there though.
Speaker 1: You know, they still call me Uncle snacky out here and you screeched.
Speaker 3: Down, goddamn uncle snacky.
Speaker 2: Man snacky, Uncle snacky.
Speaker 5: Definitely not Uncle snacky. And I also got a slew to uh, I know I'm in mess up. Her name Alejandra, Alejandra. I think her name is let me get it right, yeah Alejandro, yeah, Alejandro. So I was staying at the hotel at the mandri On when I was in La and I left my wallet and I had to go, I had to leave, but she actually found the wallet. Wow, she left everything everything in the wallet, wrapped it up for me. So when I got back it was there. So I gave her a nice tip and she just emailed me and said, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That was so kind. We really appreciate it. You didn't have to do that, but think I just want to say thank you.
Speaker 5: Sometimes there's just good people out there in the world, and I just want to say south to her, absolutely.
Speaker 1: And everywhere, so there's no need for her to steal anything.
Speaker 2: Especially in the hotel.
Speaker 3: I would have saw her in the rooms.
Speaker 2: No hotel, you dropped it in the lobby or something in my room.
Speaker 3: I left it in my room.
Speaker 7: Well, you would have known if I took it out of your room. It would have been the whole thing. She kind of had to leave it, Jesus.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to say thank you to the lady man. How much was the one hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Okay, one hundreds that's good. That's good. What's her name? Ali, Ali axten Free.
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: All right, when we come back, we got Front page News test the TRIGGERO will be joining us.
Speaker 3: They don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. I hate this place, but I love it so much. Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is dj n V, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co hosts, Miss Laura and Larossa, and let's get in some Front page news.
Speaker 8: Good mornings, Good morning, dj Envy, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: And what did Charlamane say? He's going by Uncle Snacky.
Speaker 2: That's what the streets named me.
Speaker 3: That's what the That's definitely.
Speaker 4: Could have went down in the streets. That's what they named you.
Speaker 3: They definitely didn't name me that.
Speaker 1: Oh the girl, the girls from the Poor Minds podcast s, Luthor, Lexi and Dred, that's what they call me. Uncle Snacky. So it's just something that you know, it just picked up crazy everywhere I.
Speaker 2: Go with Uncle Snack.
Speaker 4: I choose this life. It chose me.
Speaker 3: It didn't nobody.
Speaker 5: That's right, nobody, Uncle that's right. Can we talk about at Hunter Biden please? What's going on with his deal?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We can.
Speaker 8: This might be a little bit confusing, but I think we'll clear it up this morning. A plea deal between Hunter Biden and the Justice Department over tax charges is on hold after a federal judge said in court Wednesday that she's not ready to accept the revised.
Speaker 9: Agreement between both parties.
Speaker 8: Many of you remember us also covering the story on Front Page News earlier.
Speaker 9: I guess this month or a few weeks ago.
Speaker 8: But hunter Biden failed to pay between one point one million and one point five million in federal taxes before the legal deadlines, and was prepared to plead guilty to two tax charges. Were prosecutors agreeing to recommend a sentence of probation. Now, as the plea deal began to unravel, the two sides convened to try to reach an agreement, and after the after the negotiations, the judge said she was concerned because she feels like they're linking the tax plea agreement to resolving the felony gun charge. So bottom line, simply put, she wants to be clear that she's not doing something unconstitutional. She wants to make sure that she has the authority to do what she's doing, and she's basically asking the attorneys to go back to the drawing board write better language before she signs off. Legal experts say that this will more than likely certainly be resolved, and I think they say that may take you know, a few weeks, maybe four to six weeks to kind of, you know, get it together.
Speaker 1: So yeah, judge is right, though, how do you get a plea deal for all of that? And why does it feel like all of those things are intertwined? Because when I read it yesterday and when I was watching it on the news, it's like, Yo, the reality is there's people in prison, for way less than what Hunter Biden is accused of. He didn't pay between one point one and one point five million in federal taxes, and they were going to let him plead the two misdemeanors and get probation owing government that much money.
Speaker 3: Well not even that. Have a felony gun charge, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And the legal gun purchase, come on man. And and there's another part of that.
Speaker 1: The judge wanted to know what the I think the attorneys were asking, did did deal protect Hunter from facing additional charges for legal foreign lobbying? Like, come on man, how was all of this intertwined in the one thing?
Speaker 5: Because he absolutely absolutely what was that? Where was the gun charge at test? Was that in Delaware? Or where was that?
Speaker 8: I don't have that in front, but when we covered it before, I believe it's in delibable. But remember the thing that they were talking about with the gun charge was remember the his his counselor said that, uh, basically, he's going to go to that deferment program. Remember that because he was on drugs at the time. They basically were saying, you know, be taking light on him because he was on drugs time.
Speaker 2: No, hell no.
Speaker 8: So that's why they put him that deferment program, which says that as long as you don't get caught again or you know, have issues with drugs, they're going to drop that charge.
Speaker 9: So that's that's how those two were connected.
Speaker 8: And that's why again this judge is saying it's too much going on with this plea deal, and she was actually quite frustrated by it and once you know, some clear language. And then they also said that he was still under investigation and that also concerned her as well. So like you have me signing off on things while investigations are still going on.
Speaker 7: But so ironic about this is as convenient as this is looking for him, the fact that he is Joe Biden's son, it is just at the irony because the three strike rulers so much that came out of like Biden, you know what I mean, Like for I have friends that literally their lives like ended because of a lot of the things that Biden that put in a place in Delaware, and now his son is on the chopping block and it's like they're giving him a pat on the risk.
Speaker 3: Just give me a pass.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nah, the three strike like literally people's lives ended, our friends just now getting things taken off of that record from when they were kids and they've had such a hard time in that in their adult life.
Speaker 1: And listen, we know it's gonna be some it's gonna be some privilege of when you're the president's son.
Speaker 2: We know that, but damn, don't make it so obvious.
Speaker 1: Come on, one point five million and you get a misdemeanor, y'all.
Speaker 2: Unluck people up.
Speaker 5: For less than that paying access for wayless man and the gun charge is even crazy. You think Flexical just wanted the Super Bowl and he and they put him in jail. Little Wayne was an icon. They put him in jail. Joe Roll, Uh, Joelle Santana. Now that's Gon'm asking what stated was in because you know it was.
Speaker 3: It was in Delaware.
Speaker 5: In Delaware, and Delaware gun laws are pretty pretty strong.
Speaker 4: That's what made me think it three strike Roll All.
Speaker 5: Right, Well that is front page news. Now, Tesla, we'll see you in a couple of minutes. Absolutely, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone line to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the breakfast club.
Speaker 10: Good morning the breakfast club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five one. We want to hear from you on the break this club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: Pepsi Joe? Good morning the DJ and.
Speaker 3: B tellaman pep getting off your.
Speaker 12: Ah man, I just need to get off my chest. The intensive entitlement that this country shows day by day relatanly in the media is crazy.
Speaker 13: They don't even hide it no more.
Speaker 12: The President guns looking at probation for how many felonies?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 2: What crazy?
Speaker 1: Just just the tax just the tax evasion alone.
Speaker 11: I think, I mean, that's just crazy.
Speaker 12: But I want everybody in New York and to try to state the area plead say hydrated. It's gonna be every It's gonna be a hot one today. You know, I'm outside, I'm gonna be outside all day. But uh, everybody, stay blest.
Speaker 3: I have a good one.
Speaker 5: The next three day, it's gonna be a heat wave out here. And and you know the sad thing about that. You know, if we do a quarter of what Hunter body did, we going to jail for a long time.
Speaker 4: A quarter.
Speaker 2: Imagine I'm not paying one point five million in taxes.
Speaker 3: No gun charge. Come on, I can't.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to tell you gun charge me into your life where I'm from. So I don't know what you did.
Speaker 3: Well, I said too.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hello, in the fact.
Speaker 1: When in the fact, when you read the article and you just see that it says they're trying to see did the deal protect him from facing additional charges for legal foreign lobbying.
Speaker 4: That's what I need to look up.
Speaker 3: Why Hello? Who's this? Hello?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 11: Yo, this is Sony Woods out of Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: I'm a long time listener, first half caller. I love what you guys.
Speaker 11: Do up there at the breakfast clubs. You guys keep me entertained what I'm out here in the truck. So I wanted to get that off my chest. But I also wanted to say.
Speaker 6: In honor of fifty years of hip hop, I wanted to see how did you guys like the idea of me challenging your boy o g Rob on one of your Friday show to a battle.
Speaker 2: If you want to smoke, you can get it.
Speaker 11: So I just wanted to.
Speaker 6: See how we can set that up. I'm thinking I can submit a song he can submit a song and your girl nihilist confee the judge, and I wanted dj MVY to beat my coach and og rod can has Charlo Mane that's his coat till Charlo Mane already.
Speaker 11: Got his back.
Speaker 5: I'm sure Charlamagne got his back. But I never even heard you spit, Like, why would I put my money on you if I never even heard you rat?
Speaker 6: And I can still a firm one right now?
Speaker 3: Tell you dad, let me add.
Speaker 11: Ten four without notice. I switched slangs, pause purplely abusing their ways through the halls of breakfast clubs. You can hear the faint call from a og. It used to be frequency the world heard every Friday.
Speaker 6: Ribe. I got a pride and.
Speaker 11: The solutionist the institution, DJ MVY plus the god. Let's start it up to hit pop. Don't need fullers versus O G gobb it. I'm sorry, Rob, it's bad bother with.
Speaker 6: Us half rib come hard and let the pause.
Speaker 11: I'm getting the hard.
Speaker 15: Please stop me, DUDEAA you seated your pause.
Speaker 5: You can't say you can't say you put your money on him and know I go, oh you Rob.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, Rob.
Speaker 2: You can't say I go hard and then I hard, I get pause.
Speaker 5: No, all right, well get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to ven, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Way up? Whether you're mad or black something to get up and get something call up now. Eight hundred five A five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Be you some l I l I g l I loyalt man. Yeah, I called first of all, Good morning Breakfast Club. Good morning llll cool baby.
Speaker 15: Your uncle snag?
Speaker 11: What's that?
Speaker 6: Baby?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 15: I just want to do your fly with my brother. I see in your transition in life, and make no mistake, I'm taking a page out your out your folk.
Speaker 2: D j Amy.
Speaker 6: You know I love you, my brother.
Speaker 11: I grew up.
Speaker 15: Listening to your to your mixtapes. I just want to let you know I'm just following you. I love your transition. I see your board and late it's it's in sections. I definitely implemented that into my life.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you seen Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: I just want to I just wanted to be you.
Speaker 15: This is my first time ever on on the radio. I just want to shout out my beautiful RFE for my family, man, and I'm out of your way.
Speaker 5: This this one one thing. I don't think the Uncle snacky was for for you.
Speaker 7: But I could be moro if the streets is calling him, definitely, did you call me llo cool bab baby?
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's what the streets are calling me.
Speaker 2: You ain't even let you don't even let y'all. Y'all don't even let him shout out his family. And he said yes, but he was gonna say their names.
Speaker 1: He said, I want to, he said, He said, I want to shout out my family and my wife and I'll be out y'all.
Speaker 7: Way, you know what happened, And we got a little bit jealous when, yeah, when Uncle Snack, when the Uncle snacky thing came back up and hit.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 4: I felt it. I like squint came and he didn't know.
Speaker 2: What to do, he said, even swallowing in his growth.
Speaker 3: What he said, following, what's wrong with you? Hello?
Speaker 2: Oh hey, just be for the metro?
Speaker 13: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 2: Atom?
Speaker 13: Look yo? What's fopparl man?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 6: Look?
Speaker 13: This Hunter Biden stuff is Wow. This man was supposed to walk up in there and get this cotton candy marshmallow plea deal yesterday.
Speaker 2: And the judge is like, nah, Like, man.
Speaker 13: Y'all got a validate why I should accept this mess?
Speaker 1: Yes, you would think with all those three things in the twine, a legal gun purchase on one point one between one point one and one point five million in taxes, and they had to see it for the deal protecting him from facing additional charges for a legal foreign lobbying.
Speaker 13: And that's and that's why she didn't A big partially don't want to accept it because y'all trying to get his man immunity for stuff that's still under investigation. It's like y'all got to prosecute you and like the defense working together on something.
Speaker 6: And I called up here and.
Speaker 13: I told you before last month. Trump is about to win. Like Hunter Biden, the drug addict in the stuff he'd be doing. This dude is out there actually committing crimes for real. We keep talking about Trump like he craigs later.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, let's not sit here and act like Trump's not facing a couple of indictments and probably two more himself.
Speaker 2: No, he's a criminal to noat that though.
Speaker 13: I'm not taking away from that, but just the way that it's covered, like the stuff that Hunter biding is on, it's a little different. We talked about boxes with Trump at least a part of the evidence and stuff that he took from the White House, which officials and senators have been doing forever with information.
Speaker 1: Well it's not just that, sir, No, I mean it's the insurrection stuff.
Speaker 2: Possibly they want to be in jail.
Speaker 3: Hunter and Trump should be jail. Put them in the same self.
Speaker 7: I think they're a great roommates that'll be doing. You can't figure it out, stock on the door all that suff.
Speaker 1: Listen, the reality is nobody's above the law, right, That's what they tell us, right, so they got to prove it, correct, Davis, Right.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one if you need the vent and you can hit us up now.
Speaker 3: We got rooms on the way. Give us a little tease what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: We are going to get into young Miami, saying that she is tired of the streets, the city girl wants to go back inside.
Speaker 4: She's ready to be in love no more.
Speaker 3: How girls south Lord.
Speaker 4: It's ending. Don't say see I just got here. I'm not with her. I just got here. I love outside. I ain't going home yet.
Speaker 3: All right, Well we're talking about it. Next, Doe move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Good morning, the Breakfast clubing.
Speaker 3: Everybody's d J n V. Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club and get our guest co host Lauren la Rossa here and let's get to the room it's from.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice from the name on.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 4: You know, so young.
Speaker 7: Miami says that she is ready to be in a relationship and love again. This was my last summer being outside. He's exactly what she said. What an exclamation point? So she is serious. Now, a lot of people online, as you can imagine, we're like, girl, what like you've been out and about what Diddy? We've been seeing you parade around saying that this's non exclusive. Whatever you guys have going on is working for you. He's buying you the gifts. You got money, so you're not worried about his money, You're not worried about the baby.
Speaker 4: Whatever, whatever.
Speaker 7: This is the second time You'll remember too, that she's spoken out about wanting to exclusively be with someone while dealing with Diddy in the very open relationship that they have. Before she mentioned like this was the last time she was going to share any of the of the men she was dealing with. So yeah, I mean, I guess the hot girl summer for the city girls are officially over because Jat's been inside and put up with UZI. Now Young Miami is about to step back inside. So I don't know. I think Megda say, you need to come back out. We need the hot girl coach back. They're not in them streets, so it's all the facade.
Speaker 2: They're in the streets.
Speaker 3: Get a boot, enjoy life. Don't you want somebody you could cud.
Speaker 2: It with at night?
Speaker 3: They could rub your feet, you could rub their back. Y'all could spool with each other. Y'all could watch Netflix, watch suits.
Speaker 7: You know what I think when women say that they like want to have a hot girl summer, people instantly think that you don't want love and companionship. And I was having a conversation with a male.
Speaker 2: Friend because why would we think otherwise.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, no, no, this is a thing, your peace. You want to prioritize your piece. So you do want all of that, But realistically, and sadly enough for a lot of us women, when you try to get all the cuddling and the rubbing the feet, there's so much other stuff that comes with trying to deal with and being a relationship with somebody. You'd rather be by yourself and just be able to have somebody to call.
Speaker 4: To do that when you want to do it.
Speaker 3: What's the opion?
Speaker 7: A lot of times there's like a lot of lying communication differences, uh, insecurities, I don't I don't know. There's a I don't want to sit here in sounds.
Speaker 1: Both both humans feel that way. Both humans have different insecurities. But the reality is companionship is important, and you realize as you grow older how important having a solid partner is because the older you get, you know, if the older you get, you gonna want people to share your life experiences with. And that's some great advice that I got, you know, even before I was even though me and my my wife have been together for twenty five years. But salute to Kevin Loules. I remember Kevin la was telling me years years years years ago. He was like, man, I can't tell you to get married, but I can tell you that you should find somebody to want to share your life experiences with.
Speaker 2: And I think that's very important.
Speaker 4: I agree with that. Agree, I totally agree.
Speaker 7: And I think too like wanting marriage is, you can always keep that at the helm, But I think you everybody has to have a hot summer, whether it's hot girl, hop boy, everybody got to go through that.
Speaker 2: I think I did that already.
Speaker 3: You did it and who did it?
Speaker 2: And you didn't think about it.
Speaker 4: I just got here about a few months ago.
Speaker 1: And by the way, think about how hot it is this summer. Do you really want a YaST infection this summer?
Speaker 2: What ninety degree?
Speaker 1: Whether you're down there itching. But that's what all those different partner's gonna do you. You don't have to give you a yeast infection.
Speaker 7: Every single person you're dating. You don't have to allow them to get into you literally like you can. You prioritize the same way girls prioritize who they call for.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 7: If you want to go out to eat, this is eat bab. If you want to go to the club, this is Club Bay. If you need somebody to take to a family event. He's good for the family. The dbate and then you got dbut yeah, oh yes, sometimes dbate you don't even care what he do, what he got going on.
Speaker 4: He just debate because he.
Speaker 1: You know, all this sounds like you're doing is increasing your chances for COVID. Okay, because he was around multiple people for no damn reason. Ain't you in that studio coughing right now?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, all just breathing all in people's face, you know what i mean, just passing cold and flus around like man, find somebody and relax.
Speaker 4: I'm going to eventually, I'm going to for sure.
Speaker 7: Well, when we talk about finding people in relaxed relaxing, you have to talk about when things don't go right right. Tina Nose, Beyonce's mom, filed for divorce from actor Richard Lawson. Now you'll remember they got together in April twenty fifteen, and everybody was so happy for her. You know, we thought she found the one. But a lot of people said that this was kind of written on the wall. We should have known this a long time ago. We have some audio and interview that they did.
Speaker 16: I prayed for the type of man I wanted, and I got pretty much.
Speaker 2: That is he perfect?
Speaker 16: Absolutely not, but you know, he has a lot of the qualities. Now he has a lot of the qualities that that I love. And we're having a really good time and I'm enjoying life. So there is hope women.
Speaker 4: So she filed for you.
Speaker 1: You frankly before I let go turn it up, man, greatest bake up breakup song of all time.
Speaker 2: You made me happy. It's time to go, Richie.
Speaker 4: She filed for.
Speaker 7: Dwarves yesterday, guys, because she listed the data separation as tuesday. So I don't know if they had been separated for some time, if they just said tuesday, because like you just had to list something. But it seems to me like something happened, and she was like, uh, you got to get up out of.
Speaker 5: Here before I let go am it man. All right, well that is your rumor report. Let's open up the phone lines. Let's have a discussion. Eight hundred eight five one. Let's talk about these women talking about Hot Girl summer. Right, we just read you what Young Miami said. What did Young Miami say?
Speaker 7: Young Miami said that she is ready to be in a relationship and love again.
Speaker 4: This was her last summer being outside.
Speaker 5: So we're asking ladies fellas too, when do you know that hot girl summer or hot boys summer is over? When do you decide, you know, to hang up those booty shorts. I don't know, whatever you want to call it. What is it okay to hang up those that time where it's like, you know what, I'm out of these streets. I'm gonna find me a boot I'm a relax I'm gonna sit my ass down.
Speaker 3: That is the question.
Speaker 2: I wonder.
Speaker 1: Do you ever really find yourself making that choice, or does like you know, life just make that choice for you, Like you end up meeting somebody. Yeah, you end up meeting somebody, growing growing to love them, and then you don't want to be outside no more. I don't know if you make a choice to say I don't want to be out in the streets no more.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's some single ladies out there that didn't necessarily find a dude, or there's some dudes that didn't find a woman or whatever they're into that said, you know what, I don't want to be out in the streets no more and I'm giving up the hot girl summer.
Speaker 1: Well, you do gott to be intentional. You gotta set your Yeah, you gotta set your table, right, you gotta. It's like it's like vision board almost, like you have to say what you want.
Speaker 2: To the to the universe.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: That's why as much as I talk about having fun and being outside, I always say, because my family be like, are you ever gonna have kids?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: I want kids. I'm going to be married. I have an amazing family. All that is going to happen for me. I'm very intentioned about what I speak. But at the same time, I think it's okay to have a little bit of fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's discuss it can confuse the universe.
Speaker 5: Five eight five confusing the universe, Lord Timeline, close the door?
Speaker 2: What your mama tell you? What do your mommy and grandma tell you? Either in and out?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Stop opening my door, keep my door closed.
Speaker 5: They wasn't talking about being out. They wasn't talking about that door. But we'll talk about it when we come back. And in front page News, Tesla Figure will be joining us. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Our Audible pick of the day is Breakthrough, the first ever audio only singing competition featuring celebrity judges Kelly Rowland and Sarah Morellas would host the v Diggs listen on audible dot com slash Breakthrough.
Speaker 5: Putting everybody in j n V Charlamagne the God. We all the breakfast Club. We got our special guest host with us, Laura Lorosa. She's back and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: That says him. Figure out. Know, we got a lot to talk about it, So let's jump right in.
Speaker 5: Mitch McConnell yesterday, he scared people yesterday during this conference.
Speaker 8: Huh yeah, I know this is something I think you'll have a lot to say. Dj Envy, a senator Republican leader Mitch McConnell appeared to freeze.
Speaker 9: We did freeze. Let's not appear.
Speaker 8: He absolutely froze a mid sentence during a press conference yesterday. He went completely silent as McConnell began discussing the annual Defense Bill. He paused for about twenty seconds and he just stared off in the space. And his Republican colleagues standing behind him noticed the unusual pause and slowly came to get him, asking if he wanted to return to his office or if there was anything else that he wanted to say.
Speaker 9: He did not respond.
Speaker 8: Verbally, and he was escorted away at the scene. He later walked back on his own to the press conference. The reporters asked was he okay. He said he was fine, and was he feeling well enough to continue doing his job. He said yes, and then as he walked away, he actually joked about it and said that he was sandbagged. He was referencing remember when President Biden slipped over the sandbag on stage, so he referenced that and said, oh, you know, I was sandbag. But his aide said that he felt lightheaded and just needed to step away. But it definitely was eerie to watch. I'm sure you guys saw it all over social media and just as a point of reference, Mitch McConnell is eighty one years old.
Speaker 4: I thought it was going to pass out. Yeah, when I was watching it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it happens. It could have been a stroke, it could have been anything. It could have been, like you said, maybe he zoned out for a second. But it is very scary when that does happen, and we've been seeing that more and more and more and more with people, whether it's like I said, I was at the concert the other day and the girl was standing there and all of a sudden she just fell and had a seizure.
Speaker 3: And I've been seeing that a lot more at.
Speaker 5: Venues, a lot more at clubs, and I've been hearing about it a lot more on the news.
Speaker 3: So it's very, very scary.
Speaker 1: I think in the case of Mitch McConnell, that was the UFOs. What that was the aliens? After that former intelligence officer testified that the US is hiding UFOs and non human bodies.
Speaker 2: What I think happened is Mitch McConnell's mitt said, they said, what about aliens?
Speaker 1: Are the aliens are letting us know who they control? Because Miss McConnell is a scroll.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Is that what you got out of this story?
Speaker 4: I think you need to lay off with the clone tyrone watch then you.
Speaker 5: Watch it too many times or could have been hookah had if you ever smoke hookah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that happened to me.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: I literally I got like lightheaded and I passed out from.
Speaker 3: See you smoke hookah?
Speaker 5: And then maybe maybe you just go you maybe hit a little hookah right before he came on. It was meant, and it was meant.
Speaker 4: I'm here for that out.
Speaker 2: Okay, nothing but cheap crack, what cheap flavored crack?
Speaker 4: Call me a crackhead.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's move on. Let's talk about this.
Speaker 5: This naked woman that jumped out of a car and started busting shots.
Speaker 3: Where was that? What happened with that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: This is a naked woman in California got out of her car on one of the nation's busiest bridges and began firing a gun on Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Let's take a listen to the report.
Speaker 17: If this all started just after four thirty this afternoon, when a woman first armed with a knife got out of her car on the bridge and started yelling at other drivers. She then got back in her vehicle and stopped again near the toll closet. And that's going to say this time she got out with a gun and started firing into the air and at vehicles. Some cars were told were hipped, but the HP says that no one was hurt. The woman has been arrested and taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Speaker 3: I mean it sounds like obviously she has some some mental problems.
Speaker 2: R R R or or what or what?
Speaker 1: That was a clone who escaped and she didn't know where she was. She didn't know where she was at, so she thought she was still fighting her way out of a lab.
Speaker 7: Please put the Netflix down?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What all the neckan people was walking around at the end once they escaped? Stay whoke?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 5: Like he believes in aliens, he thinks the alien came down one and shot him in the leg, or something like.
Speaker 1: Why why? Why wouldn't you believe in extraterrestrials? Did you not see the US intelligence official testify under oath yesterday that the US is hiding UFOs and non human bodies.
Speaker 7: I saw that, But I don't know. I just feel like the way that people troll our lives today, I don't believe anything.
Speaker 4: I don't care under oath or not.
Speaker 1: Lord, there's an estimated one hundred billion planets in just a Milky Way galaxy. You really think we're the only ones with life on it?
Speaker 7: No, But as horrible as where we live is, why would they want to come here?
Speaker 4: What's bringing them here? To music? I'm confused?
Speaker 2: We to same reason. We like to explore horrible places.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't I think that this woman was it? Why no, now, y'all dumb people.
Speaker 2: That's real.
Speaker 7: We would would interview guys have gotten on the summers exactly. So that is a set group of people who chose to make that decision. Now, this woman, I think she really has some things going on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, either some mental or you know, drug something you know, but yeah, the pictures.
Speaker 2: All those things could be true, or she could be a clothe you'll.
Speaker 3: Stop it, man, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 9: Please watch that movie.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne wants to unpack that movie, guys. So he said earlier this week that he's waiting on.
Speaker 3: You guys to watch I'm watch it. I'm gonna watch it tonight.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna watch it on the plane Sunday on my way back.
Speaker 3: All right, well, that is your front page news.
Speaker 1: And make sure you subscribe to Teslin Figaros podcast, this streat shot, no Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeartRadio podcast network, and follow her on all social media platforms at Teslin figure of.
Speaker 5: All Right, now, when we come back, let's talk young Miami. She said yesterday, pretty much she is done. Let me get the exact quote. She says, I'm ready to be in a relationship and love again. This is my last summer being outside. She don't want it to be a hot girl summer anymore. So, ladies, fellas, when do you know when it's time to be in a relationship? When it's hot girl summer or hot boys summer over? That is the quoest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: Lauren, when hell freeze is over?
Speaker 3: Oh so you're gonna hi grow someone to you ninety?
Speaker 7: I mean if I got it in me, like yeah, Like I just feel like you got to meet the right person. And I don't even know if that's like a thing in this day and age the way that people we were talking about this yesterday.
Speaker 4: At my age age I have, I really don't.
Speaker 7: Have much hope in the male gender to like want to be married and committed and all that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: So I'd rather just be age like you're sixty, I'm.
Speaker 7: Thirty one years old. Me and Tyler were literally talking about this yesterday. I'm thirty one years old. Oh boy, I'm between New York and la People are not serious about being in a committed relationshship and being in love. Right now, everybody wants to be outside and have a good time. So why would you try to go against the grain and then now you end up there's a bunch of individuals.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's a bunch of men out there that want to settle down, that's looking for a wife, that's listening to your family.
Speaker 4: But would you date a bus driver about to get me in this conversation?
Speaker 3: Would you?
Speaker 2: Or the reality is after.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't see you blocking your blessing.
Speaker 9: Everybody.
Speaker 7: The only person that told me I'm probably blocking some blessings.
Speaker 4: You probably know. I just feel like, what's the reality?
Speaker 1: The reality is after a certain age, you're not a hot girl. You're a golden girl, and then you become a golden girl, and then you become a hot girl again because of menopause.
Speaker 2: So sit your half down. Okay.
Speaker 9: See, so if.
Speaker 3: Not a bus driver, what's your type?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 7: Okay, So let me let me just say that I think I'm still figuring it out. I've been I was with the same person from high school to like maybe like six months ago, right, so like ten years right, So I'm still learning.
Speaker 4: Earlier this week, I'm still learning that.
Speaker 7: But for what I know that I didn't like what I don't or what I do want from what I what was going on. I just want to be able to trust your leadership and your vision for like us and our family because at this point, if I'm serious what you were talking about, family, marriage, all of that, I need to be able to take the passenger seat. Like me being so dominant, it's hard to find a guy that like can handle that and not be insecure about that.
Speaker 3: So what would be wrong with.
Speaker 8: I was married at twenty three and I think I'm pretty aggressive and dominanting, but I married a mechanic. So we need to open up to the blue collar open up to the blue collar brothers you might we might find.
Speaker 7: I just feel like the keeping like it's different because of my work and the how social I have to be being a woman in that space, it gets a little challenging, like and they're fine with it at first, and then it becomes m who is this person? Why do you have to be talking to this person? All those things start to happen, and that puts a dent on the relationship.
Speaker 3: That actually happened, or do you assume that that actually happened.
Speaker 4: That's that's a thing that actually happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I don't know. Maybe we talked about it offline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need to you. Are you still married?
Speaker 9: No, I'm not.
Speaker 8: I was married thirteen years though, and he's very much still in my life.
Speaker 9: We had a daughter.
Speaker 8: We waited seven years before we had our child, so divorces certainly happened. But I do he's still a very good man. And I think you need to Well, I can't tell you what to do, says, do whatever you're gonna do. But I know when the when the net is not cast wide enough, and if you're only looking at certain type of man and certain type of you know, guys, you can limit you.
Speaker 9: I can say that.
Speaker 3: Well, let's let's take some calls when we come back.
Speaker 5: We're trying to figure out when hot girl summer when you're what is it over for you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Young Miami said, I'm ready to be in a relationship and love again. This is my last summer being outside. When do you realize that you don't want to be outside no more? Let's talk about it. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club Now. If you're just joining us, we're talking about something that Young Miami said that Laura LaRosa, she's our guest co host, So what did Young Miami say?
Speaker 7: So Young Miami said that she is ready to be in a relationship in love again and that this was her last summer being outside.
Speaker 5: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, when do you know that it's over for your hot girl some or your hot boys some?
Speaker 3: What is it over? When is it you're gonna stay your ass in the house? That is the question.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne and myself, we've been out of the hot boy somemer for a long time, so we have to go to you, miss Laura Larossa, when do you feel like you're gonna be out of that phase?
Speaker 3: But you don't want to be in a hot girl some anymore.
Speaker 7: I don't really have like a date, like you know, there's a like psa after job, but I think that life won't let me know or person I meet or whatever happens.
Speaker 5: You know what, I mean, so even if you don't find let's say, per person, do you still decide, you know what, well, maybe this is not me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be out.
Speaker 7: Oh one hundred percent, like even now, Like there are certain things that I would do, like you know, our college days like goz eat. My friend in here in the studio will tell you. I've always been like a super even in a relationship. I'm a very much social, go out, hang out person. But there are things that I would do then that I won't do now because I'm just older and it's just it's not a vibe anymore.
Speaker 4: It's not cute. It doesn't look good for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, don't don't be the hot girl that don't know that you know, their hot girl days are are are long gone because a lot of hot girls evolving the golden girls and don't even realize that they golden girls.
Speaker 2: Like some women are.
Speaker 1: Almost fifty and they doing the same thing right now that they've been doing since they was twenty.
Speaker 2: Muhammad Ali said.
Speaker 1: The person who still thinks that fifty the way they did at twenty has wasted thirty years.
Speaker 2: Of their life.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of golden girls who still think they hot girls and everybody is laughing at them, and they about to be hot girls again.
Speaker 7: When it's the women, it's some golden granddaddy's out there as well. That are they should have been retired to Hucci daddy shorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I guess we haven't marketed it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like men, You know, I guess men men that the pole play.
Speaker 3: Vibe the men.
Speaker 4: The double standard is different and man could be dating it outside forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they we think they look stupid, Trust me, they running around if they do.
Speaker 7: You know how many people looking at Diddy and everything that he has going on to be people.
Speaker 3: Look at Didy is stupid.
Speaker 2: He looks stupid to me, I said that before. I'm on records.
Speaker 7: Y'all are like two of a population of however many.
Speaker 1: And I'm not judging anybody. Yeah, but I'm not judging nobody. I just look at I look at people who got stability. You know what I'm saying. I like Jay Z and Beyonce. I like Lebron James and Savannah. I like seeing, you know, black men with their black wives and their beautiful black families. You know what I'm saying, if you're a certain age and you're still running around here in these streets, you know, acting.
Speaker 2: Like a player. You know that that that looks corny to me?
Speaker 3: Why you're saying me, I'm black.
Speaker 1: You're Dominican. But I do like your family dynamic. I love I love I love you and Gea together. I love you and Gear. I love seeing y'all. Y'all you're not though. I love seeing you and all your kids with all your matching out fits. I think that's a problem, you know what I mean?
Speaker 14: Hello, who's alright?
Speaker 19: This is that's a hey Jessica, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 5: Now when did you know that hot girl summer was over for you, mama? Or is it or you still hot girl summer in it out?
Speaker 19: I knew when I was in my twenties. So I'm the youngest of five and I was clubbing, doing everything. And then I looked around and I'm partying with my oldest brothers and sisters friends and seeing them in the club trying to drop it like it's hot. I was like, ooh, no, the sings for me.
Speaker 3: Dang, gotta settle.
Speaker 2: Down, man, Yo.
Speaker 1: You know how many women I know that be saying that's my homegirl's son.
Speaker 2: But that's my homegirl's daughter.
Speaker 1: Like if you if you're still in the club and you remember when your homegirl was pregnant with somebody, but now that child is in the club with you, something wrong.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a skill feeling too.
Speaker 19: I went into party and I backed my way out that same night, I was like, yeah, trying to settle down.
Speaker 3: I'm good, damn, thank you, Jessica. Hello, who's this this moment?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hey, money, I feel like something's coming.
Speaker 14: Hey sounds like.
Speaker 20: No, I get off work, y'all are nice security. Baby, I'm tad. I just did two jobs to ship dad. But I was like, Dan, this is just a perfect time.
Speaker 21: Yes, I needed this.
Speaker 7: So you're still outside, not from work, but like summer outside.
Speaker 20: Oh no, I'm dealing with all that.
Speaker 11: Baby.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm too good.
Speaker 20: Two kids settle in.
Speaker 23: Just graduate from college.
Speaker 6: No, I'm talking about that.
Speaker 7: Your two kids just graduated from college? You said, are you?
Speaker 23: Yeah? I have two kids and I graduated from college.
Speaker 20: I'm done with the high girl something. But I've been in that face.
Speaker 22: I know once I.
Speaker 20: Really have to self reflect on myself, Like I really have to truly like dig deeping myself, like is this really like with the high girl summer messing with this guy?
Speaker 23: That guy.
Speaker 20: I had to stop and think like, damn, is this really mean?
Speaker 24: Like is this really what I want to do.
Speaker 3: After pregnancy? After pregnancy?
Speaker 20: Got the pregnancy, it's after dating. Man, that's not really of you, and that's not for you as this that's not sent from God.
Speaker 3: That all right?
Speaker 1: Well, lord, you know she said that's so real just now and just everybody listening, and she said self reflection. And I think a lot of times that's the problem, right, Like when you're running from something, like when you really haven't gone out there and done any of the work on yourself. You haven't you know, done any therapy or anything like that, and you got all this unhealed trauma.
Speaker 2: You're afraid to stop and.
Speaker 1: Look in that mirror, right because you know, when you stop and look in that mirror, you gotta deal with everything that you've been running from. So a lot of these people that you see still out there in these streets, still moving a certain way, they're doing that because they're running from themselves.
Speaker 5: All right, Well eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one, Now we're talking about something Young Miami put on social media yesterday, which was.
Speaker 7: I'm ready to be in a relationship and love again. This was my last summer being outside public service announcement. The city goes ready to go back in.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: So we're asking, when do you know that hot girl summer is over? Let's discuss it's the breakfast club. Good morning, it's topic times.
Speaker 6: The phone.
Speaker 18: Called eight hundred and five five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 3: More than everybody's j MV.
Speaker 5: Charlamagna. God, we are the breakfast club. Now he's just joining us. We're talking about something Young Miami said on social media. We got our guest co host, Laura la Rossa here. Now what the Young Miami say for people? That's it's joining us.
Speaker 7: Young Miami says she is ready to be in a relationship to love again.
Speaker 4: This was my last summer outside.
Speaker 3: Right, So we have Lauren on the line.
Speaker 5: Lord Lauren said, just like Lebron said, if I don't feel tired, why would I quit?
Speaker 3: So talk to it exactly?
Speaker 22: Okay, So high Laurine, So like I know, people like my dad. He was fifty years old when he retired he still was working here and there because he still thought that energy.
Speaker 23: When you start used to doing something for so long, it's harder to damn.
Speaker 15: So if just like Lebron said, I don't feel like quitting.
Speaker 23: So y'all lucky, I'm thirty one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're still in the streets.
Speaker 15: Oh no, but hold up, I agree when you're Layne's up prior.
Speaker 22: It's hard to be in a relationship nowadays because it's just uh, it's people make.
Speaker 6: Things more competent than it needs to be.
Speaker 22: As social media makes everyone a serial cheater, even though they are probably not thinking about it. As soon as you like a picture, somebody thinks you're cheating. You know, if you say hi to somebody, did, somebody thinks you're cheating. If you post something that somebody thinks it's subliminal cheating, And it's like bruh. Women are different than men as well. A.
Speaker 15: Women don't really want to be in the streets.
Speaker 22: I mean, I don't know where women really out here, just it's some some most men do because they just don't care.
Speaker 6: Y'all two are exception over.
Speaker 11: Rule because y' all decent men.
Speaker 22: But we can't be all all these men ain't out here being decent.
Speaker 1: They've been a man for forty contrary to popular belief, I've been a man for forty five years. I talked to a lot of different men, and no man wants to be in the street. Men always want to be settled down. Many of the feel two ways. They either let the good one get away or they've been in the street so much that they've.
Speaker 2: Never found the good one.
Speaker 1: But every man wants to find that one person to settle down and build with.
Speaker 22: I believe that we all meant to be with somebody, but it's just so toxic because people don't.
Speaker 6: Know how to date no more, know how to court no more.
Speaker 11: They don't even know what.
Speaker 22: The meaning is because they're so used to being that quick fix that they don't know the difference between being in love with somebody and just liking somebody.
Speaker 7: I will say, for me being like a you know, recently new dater, one of the things that I had to sit and reflect on is like, who are the people that I'm allowing into my space? Not like not sexually, not even there, but just who am I going on dates with?
Speaker 4: Dates with? Who am I allowing to even have my number? And why.
Speaker 7: And once I did that, my thinking even around, like my options have changed.
Speaker 4: Like I think that that's important as well too.
Speaker 7: And again, being outside does not mean that everybody that comes your way and everything that comes your way you're with. I think it just means that you're open to the fact that you're single and you're here. You want to try things. I think you have to learn things and experience you even know, Like I can't even answer the question when Sessl asked me.
Speaker 4: Like, what are you looking for? I'm like, I'm honestly still figuring it out.
Speaker 3: Well, are you being courted?
Speaker 5: Because I heard a lot of women say that men are not courting these days. They're not doing the things that probably your father or somebody's father.
Speaker 3: Would have done.
Speaker 7: I recently had a situation where I was being courted and it was cool.
Speaker 1: Didn't like that guy, layd What if it's what if you missed your blessing of being a step mama? What if that was your.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne? Can we end up on him?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Hell, they do that.
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 23: Oh was Leo?
Speaker 2: What's man? Leo?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 5: We're talking about? When is it time to give up that hot girl summer? That halfways summer.
Speaker 23: Yeah yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: By the way, I like what roles on here.
Speaker 21: She seems pretty locked over it. We think, Yo, we gotta retired that thing. Oh my god, it's just twenty five. Another the biggest turnoff for somebody, damn saying bro, please retire. Then be talking about who they would dat and who they're not. We know who they would not date.
Speaker 23: And they keep talking about how girls summer. Yo's a turnoff.
Speaker 1: Yo, black man, you are corrected.
Speaker 23: You retired, You thirty enough and keep saying this, please retire that.
Speaker 4: Thing thirty and up thirty.
Speaker 23: We're just we're dating that hot girls, please return.
Speaker 7: I know what I'm saying, We're retiring it today. So what am I doing? Am I living my best sex in the city life?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What am I giving?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 4: Because I'm thirty one?
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 2: You a girl? No, you a girlfriend? That's where you at in life.
Speaker 1: This hot girl girlfriends, then golden girls.
Speaker 2: That's the that's where it goes.
Speaker 5: But what about Janelle Money? Some because Janelle Money looks like she's having the best summer ever.
Speaker 4: She's just free, She's just herself.
Speaker 7: That's what you want be for a big think that's the best way to I think detalks from a situation number one, and then you just attract what is attracted to you. I don't think you should force anything like you should just live and see what happens.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, what's the moral of the story. Going to the club tonight?
Speaker 2: Retired talk to the formal hot girl.
Speaker 7: I was not going to the club any of these nights. No, I will not be in the club, not this week. I might be there next week, next week, Jesus Christ. All right, well, we got roomors on the way. When we talk about give us a little tease. We are going to be talking about some health updates. Tory Kelly, little jerk. They're doing a bit better, so you won't let the people know.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning and everybody. It's j n V.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura La Rosa is our guest co host this morning. She's hanging out with us all week. Actually, actually my name is el Coolbay. L Coolbay, you know the streets is calling me that, and Stale Snacky on the line. Stale Snacky there, Uncle Snacky Okay, I don't know why. I don't know why you can't hating on this name. The young ladies from poor mines, you know, Lexi Andrea. They gave me this name a while ago and it sticks, you know what I mean. I don't know why they think I'm uncle snacky in these streets. Now, for everybody everybody listening, what are you doing today? Telling people what you out in South Carolina doing.
Speaker 2: I'm home.
Speaker 1: I'm home in South Carolina, Charlton, South Carolina. Today kicks off the low Country Mental Health Conference. So I'll be doing the welcoming remarks for the low Country Mental Health Conference this morning actually in Charlton, South Carolina. So salute that everybody who already registered. I don't know if it's too late to register, but you can go to low Country MH Conference dot com. That's low Country MH Conference dot com the register for the low Country Mental Health Conference, which is happening all weekend, which I didn't even know about.
Speaker 2: A couple of a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: But I was having a conversation with Mayor Tecklenburg a few weeks ago when I was home for the grand opening of the International African American Museum and he told me about the low Country Mental Health Conference, and I was like, what is that. I never heard of that before, you know, but they've been doing it for some years here in Charlton, South Carolina. So I just decided to partner my company, my organization, the Mental Health Alliance, you know, with the low Country Mental Health Conference and help amplify that event. So I'll be doing the welcome remarks for that today and I'll be doing a book signing afterwards.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, we got roomors on the way where we talking about give us a little tease, yes, So we are going to.
Speaker 7: Get into the Tory Kelly and low Dirk health updates. You know, Tory Kelly had the blood clocks and she was rushed to the hospital a little. Dirk spent some time in the hospital in Ohio. But we have some updates on how they're doing.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that next. It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Owning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Laura la Rossa with us. Let's get right into the room.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people will recognize the boys to the name.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 7: So Tory Kelly, who earlier this week was rushed to the ICU after she was out having dinner in la with her friends and she had passed out. Uh, it had been found that she had some blood clocks, some very serious blood clocks in her lungs and in her legs. So she had been placed in the ICU, and we hadn't heard much about it, but her husband posted an update. He let us know that toy is smiling again and feeling stronger. Not fully out of the woods, but we see the sun. They're just waiting on a more answers. He says, all the love and the kindness has been overwhelming, and he just thinks all of her fans.
Speaker 3: That is very serious, very serious, very scary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think they were also looking to make sure that nothing was like around her heart as well too. And then a little Dirk also another very serious situation. He had spent some time in a hospital in Ohio for dehydration and exhaustion. He had to cancel a few shows, including his recent rolling live performance that was supposed to happen, but he took the social media to let people know that he is almost healed and he appreciates all the energy being on a thousand for him. So keep sitting them love and some prayers. It's obviously helping them get on through.
Speaker 1: Definitely sending both those individuals healing energy, Little Dirk and Tory Kelly.
Speaker 2: I don't play when it comes to health.
Speaker 1: I don't know about y'all, but when I wake up in the morning, you know, I thank God for another day of life, but also thank Him for keeping me healthy and keeping everybody around me healthy.
Speaker 2: So you know, yeah, saluted him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not only that.
Speaker 5: And they always say if you feel something is off, something doesn't feel right, don't be like, oh no, it's just the stomach ache.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's just a little pain.
Speaker 5: If you have the means, and you have and you can go to the doctor, even if you have to go to the emergency room, just be careful because you never know what they can catch early. So I always say, I'm one of those guys. If I see something, feel something, I'm running to the doctor like it is what it is, it's right.
Speaker 4: Timeing to go check it out. Well, moving on, the drug dealer who was linked to Michael K.
Speaker 7: Williams's death. You guys remember he overdosed. His name is Carlos Macy and he is a man in his seventies. He was tied to an organization that was a part of this drug deal. And on Tuesday he was actually sentenced to thirty months in prison for his involvement. That's like two and a half years now. Prosecution was originally seeking at least a four year sentence. His charges put his charges to put him at risk for anything close to twenty years. But it's believed that his sentence was reduced because there was some leniency requested by Michael Kay Williams's nephew and David Simmons, who is one of the guys on the wire co creative the wire. Then what they basically said was there is no point in sentencing seventy two year old man to basically the rest of his life in chill, So the linien sin was granted.
Speaker 4: Now, there are some mixed reactions to this.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with that because how old? How old is Donald Trump? I'm just saying Donald Trump is seventy plus years old. Nobody's gonna say that about Trump. It's no need to send it. You know, a seventy something you old man in prison time, Like, I don't you know if you commit maybe man, two issues that have nothing to do.
Speaker 5: If you commit a crime, you commit a crime as a matter. If he's seventy eighty ninety years old, like if you committed exactly, you know you gotta do the time.
Speaker 4: But do you guys think how old was Bill.
Speaker 2: Cosby when he got locked up? Like he had to be in his seventies, right, Like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, but in those situations, in that situation and in the situation with Trump, there's no one saying there should be leniency in it. Actually, Like this is the family, right, this is his nephew, the guy who created the wire.
Speaker 4: I'm sure him.
Speaker 7: They had a very close relationship, you know, And that happens at essence where people come up and they give character witness statements and the point is to get less time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, but I don't think age should be a factor of leniency because when the before for the young lady who falsely accused them until you know, died, people wanted charges brought up against her, Like I don't think age should be a factor, you know, in leniency.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: If that was you get like, if you get life at eighty years old and you die in a week, then they did you life.
Speaker 5: I was also thinking, and not to say that this is that was the case, but if that was his long term let's say drug dealer, somebody that he went to for years. You know what I mean, he didn't make the drugs, right, he didn't produce them, He just bought them in sold them.
Speaker 7: I was mentioning that yesterday, a few days ago, when I first saw this, I was like, you know, I understand that because it's illegal and you're selling drugs, it's like you're going to face some time. But what if you didn't know that the drugs were bad? Right, that's it wasn't your intention to kill the person. Yes, you take the charges for selling the drugs, but you know, like do they even care about that?
Speaker 19: Or It's like.
Speaker 1: I think when you get into those waters of doing illegal things, I don't think none of that matters, Like you can't I mean, who that don't matter in the quart of law. I didn't know the drugs wouldn't kill you still were selling.
Speaker 2: Drugs, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just think sometimes it's a bigger problem. They chase that smaller problem, like who's manufacturing, who's bringing them in? That that's the bigger problems. But he should do time. You know, he did the crime, but I wouldn't try to throw the book at him.
Speaker 2: Well, you need to snitch like all the young boys doing. You know what I mean?
Speaker 24: Give up the big fish. Seventy two years old. Nobody don't care that he snitch. He's seventy two years old. Like you said, you got to go after the bigger fish, right, They the bigger issue, So snitch.
Speaker 2: Tell who's the plug?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 3: Well that is your rumor reports now Charlamyne, who are giving that donkey?
Speaker 2: Two man?
Speaker 1: We need Dicks fish and Chips to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 2: We'd like to have a word with him this morning.
Speaker 1: Put that poor fishing chip spot a little fish and chip spot out in Canada. I don't know what you're talking about. A little fish and chip spot out in Conada. It's called Dick's fish and chips. See, they need to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 4: Like the back and forth. Do it one more time.
Speaker 1: It's called Dicks fish and chips. Okay, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you lit up?
Speaker 3: Shut up man.
Speaker 7: He likes that spots in real life and y'all really, y'all have.
Speaker 2: A love for each other talking about a fish and chip spot. Okay, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 6: Lord?
Speaker 2: Get your mind off the gus.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling the people what I'm seeing in real life. It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 5: Don't get the days up. Next we're talking Dick's Fish and Chips. Since the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: When you're a.
Speaker 1: Business owner and you're juggling a lot of things, you need a team of people to keep your business running successfully.
Speaker 3: How do you find and hire the right people? Zip recruiter. Try it for free, Zip recruited Slash Breakfast. It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 11: Donkeys of the.
Speaker 3: I'm a Democrat, so being donkey of the day is a little bit of a mixed so like a.
Speaker 9: Donkey donk the other day.
Speaker 2: The club bitches.
Speaker 5: Now, I've been called a lot of my twenty three years.
Speaker 3: That donkey of the day is a new white.
Speaker 1: Donkey of the Day for Thursday, July twenty seventh goes to Dix Fish and Chips. Dick's Fish and Chips is a popular fish and chip shop in Canada, and they have been declared a nuisance by city council because of a disturbing odor that comes from the exhaust system.
Speaker 2: People who live nearby have been complaining. They said they smell the.
Speaker 1: Smell of deep deep fried fish can be putrid at times. Okay, I don't know who these heathens are that don't love the smell of deep fried fish. Maybe it's the low country in me, but it's nothing like the sound of deep fried whiting frying and the smell so don't bother me at all. In fact, it makes my mouth water right now just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Okay. As a person who had to take.
Speaker 1: Staton every day for high cholesterol, trust me when I tell you that I look forward to the smell of fried fish because when the doctor put me on Statton earlier this year and told me I had to cut out fried foods, which I don't do anyway, Okay, except for once a year when I'm home, all right, and when I'm home at a certain time in South Carolina, usually around the holidays and maybe even the summer sometimes, and my aunt a father in law is frying fish and shrimp.
Speaker 2: High cholesterol.
Speaker 1: I get it, but boy, that fried fish and fried shrimp is worth the risk at least once a year.
Speaker 2: All right. I just told you my mouth was the water and thinking about it.
Speaker 1: So I don't know why the smell of deep fried fish is bothering these neighbors so much.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The neighbor, his name is Mike Seal, says the odor is so foul at times that and I quote, he has to abandon ship, leave the area, do not go home. See what happens the restaurant's exhaust system vincing to an area about twenty feet below his bedroom, and the scrimp for the smell depends on how busy the restaurant is and how the wind blows. It makes sense, okay, more people in the restaurant, more fish being fried. The neighbors said he can't even go on his deck on a Saturday at times because of how bad the smell is, and he no longer invites guests to socialize on his deck are at.
Speaker 2: His house because of the smell.
Speaker 1: He said he even bought an AC unit so he can keep his windows closed during the summer.
Speaker 2: Don't blame that on Dick's Fish and Chips.
Speaker 1: Okay, you bought an AC unit because climate change and global warming is real and this is one of the hottest summers ever everywhere. Okay, Mike has been raising the hell about the smell for years, and he was happy to see the city council bringing requirements for the restaurant to mitigate the smell. Now, let me tell you some of the maintenance requirements the restaurant must do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It must replace charcoal filters at least once a week, replace frier cooking oil at least every three days, are sooner if it begins to smoke. And it must fully clean the fire exhaust system at least once a month.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: A written record must be kept up the cleaning and replacements and can be.
Speaker 2: Requested by a bylaw officer.
Speaker 1: Dick's Fish and Chips has been fine because of the smell quite a few times following your numerous complaints, and the owner, whose name is Dick Tansley, said the situation is frustrating. He said it's costing him a lot of money to frequently clean the exhaust system, but he's going to do it.
Speaker 2: Look, I get it. Okay, you a neighbor living next to the place.
Speaker 1: It's probably hard, you know, for Mike the Nabel who was complaining to have a girl or guy?
Speaker 2: Are they over? Okay?
Speaker 1: Because the last thing you want to smell in the bedroom is the odor of fish.
Speaker 2: Okay. That can be an awkward thing because in your mind you're wondering.
Speaker 13: Is it my date?
Speaker 1: Are Dicks Fish and Chips?
Speaker 11: That is?
Speaker 1: And that's why Dick's Fish and Chips is getting donkey other day. I know it's named after the owner, but you have to change the name. You just can't have people run around calling your establishment stank, Dix fish and Chips, smelly, Dicks fish and chip.
Speaker 2: Okay, dis fish.
Speaker 1: And chips sounds like three different things some people love to have in their mouth, Okay. And I know that there's people out there who love Dix Fish and Chips. And if they changed their name, folks might say, hey, Dix is getting soft, Dick's Fish and Chips is getting soft. They bending to the city. But no, I think it's smart marketing and branding To simply change the name. You would attract more customers too, especially out of towners. Do you think any do you think Cameron would ever eat at Dix Fish and Chips. Huh No, he's not gonna feel comfortable ordering his dis fish fried hard. Okay yo, you ate a Dix Fish and Chips. Yeah, that's dj Inby's favorite place to eat when he's in town. Come on, Dix Fish and Chips. Please give Dick's Fish and Chips the sweet Sounds and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you are dog all the day now, Lauren?
Speaker 5: Why you've been smiling at this whole donkey to day? You see what's on your mind.
Speaker 1: I don't even like fish. You like fried fish fish. You know it's even worse. You know what's even worse. Apparently, Apparently in the same shopping plaza, there's other businesses with with with with questionable names, like what they got a candy store. They got a candy store that specializes in selling milk duds and whoppers, and it's called Harry's Chocolate Balls, right, yeah, and there's I'm not making no See, That's why I don't even like to tell you all that.
Speaker 2: Because 'all don't believe me. You know what I'm saying. They gotta they gotta. They got a dessert pastry spot too.
Speaker 1: It's like a fancy dessert pastry spot in that same plaza, and it's called Big Johnson's Cream Pies.
Speaker 4: We gotta go visit this place.
Speaker 3: Oh you want to go now, look at that.
Speaker 4: We need to go see all that. There's no way.
Speaker 1: There's an organic lord, there's an organic healthy spot that they got there too. In this organic spot gives out shots of all natural fruit juices and it's called Mike Cox.
Speaker 2: Come quiet, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Well that is come quiet. It's crazy, you know, that's not that? All right, Well, come we'll see them. We'll see I'm so sorry, So I'm so I'm sorry. We'll see how tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Everybody apologizing for because you said some stuff we're not supposed to say.
Speaker 1: I'm just naming the name of the restaurants. They can they can fight me on this one all day long, but this is the name of the restaurants. This is actual factuals. Y'all just don't believe me.
Speaker 5: We don't fault is that we don't believe you all right now, up next, you know, Laura l Ross is here and this is where we open up the phone lines and allow people to ask any type of questions about relationship life. If you have relationship problems or problems in your life and you just need some fixing.
Speaker 3: Laura la ross is gonna help you.
Speaker 7: We gonna help you, and me to help them my relations My best relationship advice is like rep us out or a blanc. I don't really have too much for the streets, but I'll try today exactly.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a.
Speaker 14: Fast all right.
Speaker 3: Right now, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Everybody is the j Envy, Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: We got our guest host, Laura la Rossa here, and this is where we open up the phone lines and we just ask people if they have problems or they need any type of advice, we are here to help them.
Speaker 3: Hello, Who's this is Maurice's good morning. What's your question? Talk to us now.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to figure out man, like, how do I get my child's mother to see that it's a big difference me and her not being together and growing up to the point of having two parent household, like, trying to figure out that. He I know it's a big difference between that.
Speaker 4: But you say big difference, you mean like for the child there's a difference in like trying to like.
Speaker 14: It's a big difference with growing up in the two parent household versus you know, if I have daughters, of course, but it's a big difference with them growing up seeing in and out guys and all that.
Speaker 11: That choice.
Speaker 14: It doesn't ain't too good either.
Speaker 5: I mean, there is a difference, of course, but you also need a healthy environment. I mean I grew up in a two parent household that was healthy. My parents loved each other, things got everything was good. They got along, uh, and they made concessions for for me. They you know, they both worked, they both cleaned, they both did everything in the household. But if two parents in the household are not seeing eye to eye, they can't get along, and it's more toxic. I don't think that's good for any child to see that toxic. What's what's the word toxicity? What's the worst toxicity? Toxicity?
Speaker 7: But I think he's saying that so they've already split in his kid's mom has like guys coming in and out, and he feels like she's not making the best decisions and the kids are watching that, right, Yeah, And I.
Speaker 14: Can't fault that because you know what I'm saying, things happen to a point where, like you said, like if two parents are in the house and they can't get alan stuff like that. But I feel like the differences that we had could have been worked out. It wasn't nothing that, you know what I'm saying. I think her option and our relationship problems is leaving versus working things out, you know what I'm saying. So there's a lot of things that could have been worked out.
Speaker 3: What happened.
Speaker 14: I do, like you know, hitting hard times here and there, and certain things may not play out howgh I think, like you know what I'm saying, how her patience isn't isn't big on that, like you know what I'm saying. So it's kind of like you look at it like I'm not putting enough effort.
Speaker 11: In her eyes.
Speaker 14: Well, it's never harder, it's never over.
Speaker 5: You can still try, you can still try to have that conversation, if you still feel a sparkle, you still feel like y'all have love for each other. It's never over. I mean we could always grow and evolve and get better and then come back to the situation and hopefully make things better. You ever give, so try to give yourself another shot of getting back there.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean I do, man, But you gotta think though, how many guys I gotta wait at?
Speaker 7: I mean, I feel like you can't really like if you guys aren't together, right, you can't. You can't really give her like a well, I need to be prioritized around these guys or you can't deal with this many people or whatever. You just gotta realize your aunt together anymore. And if you do want to get back with her, because the two parent household thing is a priority to you and you really still love her, I think outside of your kids, y'all have to really get to know each other at this point of where you are, whatever the issues were, if you've grown from that and you want her to see that, maybe, I don't know, to start courting her again. I'm sorry to say it, but you might have to be become one of those guys that she's dating. And if it's there, it's there. Do you feel like she still, you know, wants to be with you as well too?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, because you don't like hiding a lot of things. But then again, she does try to keep me in the blind for a lot because you know, when a female's done like look over it. But it's like a lot of things that she does is hit until point where I feel like she you want me to know because she waits to the point that she's feeling like she sees a difference in me when she's.
Speaker 4: Ready to well, I think it's just a conversation point.
Speaker 7: I think as a woman, when you separate from a situation because something didn't work out and you said she didn't have patience for certain things or whatever was happening, she might still see you in that light. And you know, if you've been doing some work and whatever you think that you want to take a shot at it again, then you just got to show her that. And that's gonna take some time too, though, so you can't expect her to cut off on her holes right now.
Speaker 4: Mama got to have a life too.
Speaker 7: I'm hoping she's making the best decisions you know, for your kids, like you mentioned, but you got to give her some time and just in them. In that time, y'all need to be having some conversations not just about the kids, but about you guys as adults in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. If you need some help with your life. You got some relationship issues you want to high light us?
Speaker 3: Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 5: Warning everybody, it's DJ NV Charlamagne to God. We are to Breakfast Club and got our guest co host Laura LaRosa here. If you having problems, you need to advice, relationship advice that any type of advice will help you out.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 23: My name is Levi.
Speaker 3: Hey Levi, Good morning. What's your question?
Speaker 23: Good morning? My question is I've known this guy for about eight years and we've been talking on and off, and recently we decided to become a little more you know, more furious. Were together now and I guess my issue is how do I learn to trust? We've had trust issues before, and I'm an independent woman. I've been doing everything, paying build by myself for you know, the last four or five years. I'm thirty now, about my first thoughts when I was twenty four, and now I guess we're, you know, trying to build together. And at what point do you just let go and just trust?
Speaker 4: That's a you question, like you just have to do it.
Speaker 7: The way that I think about it is if you don't do that, right, you never know where you guys are going to go, Like you you literally just have to do it. You've been so used to like getting everything done that you probably are you even giving him a shot to like are you? Are you allowing him the space to show you what you should be trusting and that he can lead you?
Speaker 4: Like do you even do that?
Speaker 23: I am, And I'm really trying. And he recognized that from trying, but he wishes that I trusted him more. Yeah, you just getting ideas he tries to bring me and I might have hesitation and I think he senses that, but I still try to go with him.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't, you know, It's one of those things.
Speaker 5: Trust has to be earned, right, and if you feel funny about something, he has to give you the opportunity for you to gain that trust and whatever it may be. Because at the end of the day, you don't want to be quote unquote stupid and dumb at all anyway, right, you don't want to you know, feel something in your gut and then you don't go with your gut and then you find out something that you ain't want to find out later on. So I would say trust, but I would say, trust with your eyes open, and he has to understand that he has to gain your trust. Like in any relationship, I think whether something happens, something doesn't happen, you have to gain that trust.
Speaker 3: That trust is earned, and then from there you can figure that out.
Speaker 5: But I think that you know you should always continue to keep that one eye open just in case and let him earn that trust.
Speaker 7: But don't let it just in case get in the way of him trying to earn it though, like come in like not wise, but I mean you seem like a pretty smart girl, Like you know what I mean. He courted you for eight years before y'all got here, But you got to let him show you. If you don't show, you don't even there's no tests, like you gotta let him get out there and show you a bit.
Speaker 23: So that's what I'm really trying to do bad like I really am. But you know, you just don't want to fail and you don't want to feel because of someone else.
Speaker 4: Do you watch The Run This World Run the World on Amazon? You need to watch him.
Speaker 7: There was an episode about this very strong independent woman of the show. She had a great man, but she just couldn't let him do his things. She wouldn't give him the chance. She talked herself out of an amazing engagement she got in her own way.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, did he give you something? Did he give you a reason not to trust to Mama?
Speaker 23: So I don't want to go too deep in too because it involved the death with someone.
Speaker 6: That he was with.
Speaker 23: So I feel like he at first he lied to me, and then there was distrust, and then we decided to be friends.
Speaker 11: He got blocked.
Speaker 23: It's been a long journey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, that's a difficult thing. If somebody lies or you know, you lose the trust for somebody because of what they did.
Speaker 3: They got to get that back.
Speaker 5: They got to earn that back, and and trust is one of the most probably one of the most important things in the relationship. And sometimes it takes a while. It might it might take a month, it could take a year. It could take five years to gain that trust back or to see how somebody is when you're not around, and that takes time. And hopefully that y'all could work through it.
Speaker 23: Thank you so much, guys, you really helped me. I'm gonna just I'm gonna watch that show and I want to see what happened.
Speaker 3: All right, good luck, Mama.
Speaker 23: I want to give in thank you so much back.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, if you needed any advice, you could give us a call. Eight hundred and five eight five one O five one. Now we got rooms on the wa where we're talking about we do.
Speaker 7: We're talking about Sneade O'Connor, the singer songwriter who died yesterday.
Speaker 4: At the age of fifty six.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get into that next. Keep a lot. This the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club mourning. Everybody is DJ n V, Charlamagne, the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co hosts Lauren L. Rosa Hill. Hello, let's get right into the rumors report.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice from the name on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 7: Singer songwriter Sinead O'Connor died yesterday at the age of fifty six. Her family released a statement saying, it is with great sadness that we announced the passing of our beloved Sanaid. Her family and friends are devastated and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: Her cause of death was not revealed, but a lot of fans online right now are speculating that she might have died from.
Speaker 4: The devastation or heartbreak because son.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 7: Yes, in twenty twenty two, her seventeen year old son died of suicide, and one of her final tweets, she's very vocal about this. One of her final tweets she had posted days ago hashtag lost my seventeen year old son to suicide in twenty twenty two. Been living as an undead night creature since he was the love of my life, the lamp of my soul. We were one soul and two halves. He was the only person who loved me unconditionally. I am lost in the bardo without him.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 7: She had some optimistic tweets, you know, talked about releasing new music and you know, going on tour within the next two years. But I mean, I'm not a parent, but I can't imagine, you know, Like again, it's one of those situations where your child is going through something and she couldn't There was nothing she could do, and I'm sure she kind of felt that burden for some time after he passed away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, as a parent, I couldn't imagine losing a child and how that would make you feel. I mean, because you know, your child is your love and for a lot of parents that's their best friend, that's right, And for kids, that's somebody that you look up to, that shit hero. So the fact that you don't have that individual, the fact that you know, when I come home, my kids don't come in and scream daddy and give me a hug a kiss, or my older kids don't call me every day, that would be tough. And sometimes you die of a broken heart, like your heart is broken.
Speaker 4: I believe that's the thing. I think that that's true.
Speaker 7: Now some more in some more news, Travis Scott his fans have just recently been told that his concert that was supposed to show that was supposed to happen tomorrow, July twenty eighth in Egypt at the Pyramids Guy at the Pyramids of Giza has officially been canceled. So you'll remember, some weeks ago the Pyramids in Egypt, some of the spokespeople over there came out and said that they weren't too happy about him coming and doing the show there. They said that they felt like his music was satanic and they just you know, they weren't vibing with a lot of other things they felt like Travis Scott and his brand went for. Then his team had to come up the statement and say, hey, no, the show is not canceled. It's still happening, but now officially officially. Live Nation has released an official statement saying, unfortunately, despite the highest efforts, complex production issues.
Speaker 4: I can't read it.
Speaker 7: A complex production issues meant that the show could not be constructed and the desert refunds will be issued to all ticket holders at their point of purchase. He does do very like artistic and integral sets. Have you ever seen Travis Scott perform? But I just think the timing is kind of like where it's making me question was it really production or could you guys just not come to terms with the people over there who weren't happy about him coming.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: I heard him say that he had other coordinates too that he wanted to perform at, and I was just wondering if they were concern with the crowd or if they were concerned with the music.
Speaker 3: And I always wondered too why he wanted to do it. Was it the fact that it was in the Egypt by.
Speaker 4: The parents the aesthetic in the vibe, and if that's the.
Speaker 5: Case, I think, you know, would be dope if he just did kind of like a pop up where maybe there wasn't too many fans there so he wouldn't have to worry about the fan and they could tape it, because that would definitely be a vibe situation.
Speaker 3: Something that I've never seen done before.
Speaker 5: I hope they get I was really interested in checking it out, not going there, but hopefully it was going to be you know, telecasted somehow some way.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see that.
Speaker 7: And I also think too, like cause you know that the new music the album is called Utopia yep, and we think about the word utopia even when I google it. It shows you these like vast, amazing scenes and very scenic places. So I think he was trying to, you know, go along with that vibe.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 7: We'll see what happens next. I would have been interesting to see for sure, but I don't think that we're going to get to see it. So now bow Wow has had to come out and let people know that he did not scam.
Speaker 4: A ten year old girl.
Speaker 3: Not what happened with Bowe.
Speaker 7: I don't know what is up with people, but people have been getting skimmed online lately by people pretending to work for or be celebrities.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: So there are report circulating that bow Wow had been sued for stealing money from a ten year old girl.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: The reports stated that Bowo agreed to do a verse on one of the girl's songs, but disappeared without delivering the verse after receiving three thousand dollars payment via cash. Now, I know that bow Wow doesn't have like any music on the charts, but I would assume that he would not be three thousand dollars for a feature, so that would have been in first fair fact for me. The little girl's father is suing Bowwow for fifteen thousand dollars reimbursement, attorney's fees, all that good stuff. But Bowwow came out and said smells like they got catfished. I hope that Deeppen ain't back at his old tricks. I don't even have cash ad business goes through managers, et cetera. They're a contracts place. I've never even heard of these people. Never was presented a contract agreement or anything nice. Try though, so let pages get hacked and duplicated every day. Please be careful who you guys send money to over these apps. Bro, I feel like you, whoever the person is, I feel for you, or whoever the person is, but please go through management. He's just letting people know that if you were talking to somebody and it's not him, it's not him. If it's not his management, it's not him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people got to recognize that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: First of all, you know, as soon as somebody sees a lawsuit, they automatically think it's true.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean anything. You can sue anybody for anything right now.
Speaker 5: I can sue you right now because I don't like the way your headphones look in your head, and I'm saying it's offensive to me.
Speaker 2: I could sue you for that.
Speaker 5: That's not the thing I'm just saying. But I'm just saying that I could suit you for that if I wanted to. But with bow Wow, it probably was catfish. I can't see bow Wow taking three thousand dollars. We can joke about bow Wow and everything with bow Wow. Remember when he said it was on the private jet. He was a commercial airline. And we can crack jokes about bow Wow all day long. But please believe bow Wow.
Speaker 3: Got some money in the bank.
Speaker 5: He doesn't need two thousand dollars. He's not taking three thousand four things. So I hope they get to work this out. It does seem like one of those people that got Catfish. I mean, somebody just sent me a message now that was like, yo, I thought Fat Joe took two hundred dollars to get my record plate, Like come on, like you think Fat Joe needed two hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: I saw y'all put that sign up in the office too, litign. There's a sign that says oh in Homeboy too. He found me on Instagram and sent me the messages and then I reposted to sign. There's a summer here on the whiteboard that says fat Joe cannot get you on the air for two hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: No, no, fat well, Fat Joe wouldn't need two hundred dollars. Like people have joke we've seen that with I think Nelly had something like that similar. I think that the Breakfast Club page had something like that.
Speaker 3: Similar.
Speaker 5: People will find out anything that they can do to try to get over and take people's money. So even with like my car show. Somebody created a fake page for my car show where they were selling tickets where you would actually buy tickets from them, and it took me a while to get that page shut down. Event Bright, it took me about at least ten days. Did you have to give money back to people?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: I stopped it before the show, so event Bright actually got their money back, which was a great thing.
Speaker 3: But it happens all the time. So just people be careful out there. If it sounds too good to be true.
Speaker 7: It's too good, you like, people don't know what too good to be true is because a lot of this stuff, the flags are smacking you in the face, right, yeah, guys, please be sparring the internet streets.
Speaker 5: Absolutely all right, Well that is your rumor report, and I want to remind you guys, yes, my Car show is this Saturday in Atlanta. Today is Young Doll's birthday, so we're gonna start to mix off with some Young Dolf. We're gonna have his whole fleet at the car show, which is gonna be crazy, and we're doing like a Young Dolph exhibition, so you'll get to see some of its artifacts, some cool stuff from Dolf.
Speaker 3: So definitely get your tickets.
Speaker 5: Calls from Poo'll see fifty cent myself shout to the uptown called it Call Club is going to be bringing some of the cars from the eighties, nineties and two thousands, that era of cars.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have.
Speaker 5: Old school cars and of course there's rides and games for the kids. Kids five and under a free so it's a family fun day. I know there's a heat wave in Atlanta right now in surrounding cities. They're talking about ninety eight degrees, one hundred degrees. We got ac we got a's.
Speaker 4: About to say them people love you to come sit outside.
Speaker 5: Of that acor is on blast. So that's why we don't do outdoor cars shows because you can never predict the weather. Love that, yeah, so come on out, can't wait to see the mix is up next. We start off with Dolphice The Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality? Someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, Then live large and now thinner with new Magnum Raw Condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold, punting Everybody's DJ Envy Charlamagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club now. I just got to remind you guys. Of course, Laura La Rosa is here. She's our guest co host. And this weekend I'm gonna be out in Atlanta for my car show and happy birthday the Young Dolph. Today would have been Young Dolf's birthday, So salute to Young Dolph and always rest in peace. And thank you to pri for allowing the world to see his fleet and his family. I think it's pretty dope that they allow me to bring his cars to the car show and people get to see his fleet of cars and get to just experience some of the museum where it's so many artifacts and so many different things of his life. So if you haven't got your tickets to the car show, we're gonna actually be doing it this Saturday out in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: And today they're doing something specially in Atlanta for his birthday.
Speaker 5: So again, salute to his family, Salute to pre and we appreciate you guys, and of course kids fiving under a free So if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets now.
Speaker 3: Charla, you're out in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Right into the good brother, Young Dolph Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in South Carolina for the low Country Mental Health Conference today. The low Country Mental Health Conference is happening all weekend long. I hope you've registered. You go to low Country mh dot com. The register It is from now until the twenty eighth. Yeah, and I'm giving the welcoming the welcoming remarks this morning to the low Country Mental Health Conference. So salute Med John Tecklenberg and everybody who put that together.
Speaker 2: Salut to my.
Speaker 1: Organization, the Mental Wealth Alliance, for partnering with the low Country Mental Health Conference.
Speaker 2: And you know, I hope people learn something this weekend.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. Its dej n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. I guess co host law LaRosa is here.
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 6: You have it a good week?
Speaker 3: You enjoyed yourself?
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 4: I love it here. I'm having a great week.
Speaker 3: Give me your Instagram, your socios and all that good stuff.
Speaker 7: It's Laura LaRosa on Instagram. L O r E N l O r O s A. And then Brown gar Grinding is the brand. So that is our Instagram. Visit brongogrinding dot com, the shop all of our merch and I forgot to mention this all these other days. If you were in Delaware, in the Tristate area, I do have an event space that I opened up in Women's in Delaware to support the creatives there. You can come do photo shoots, events, all that good stuff. So make sure you stop by the spot by Browncargrinding, even if you just want to come in toward welcome, come on by.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the initiative that you have with Hunter Biden? Lauren? Who in Delaware?
Speaker 4: Who has an initiative with him?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you had an initiative with Hunter Biden.
Speaker 3: No he's joking.
Speaker 1: No, No, she got brown, she got she got brown girl grinding, a Hunter got white girl sniffing.
Speaker 2: I thought they was doing a collab or something like that.
Speaker 7: Uncle Snacky please leaveuse.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get to his head, you know. Come ahead, don't call me Charlamagne, call me Uncle Snacky.
Speaker 2: You go to.
Speaker 4: Uncle Snacky is not like a it's not like a cool old head name.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you what the screech called me. I didn't give myself this name, Lauren. Okay, the young girls started.
Speaker 11: Calling me that.
Speaker 3: You's called stale snacky, like Uncle stale snacky, like the old snacks.
Speaker 4: That's uncle left out snack.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Nah this it's forty five year old freshness over here, getting getting better with time.
Speaker 4: But I might forgot to close the chips. That's what.
Speaker 6: Leave.
Speaker 3: It's on a positive note, stale snacky.
Speaker 2: The positive notice.
Speaker 1: Simply this, make peace with the fact that people hold different versions of you in their minds.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, who you know yourself to be is what matters the most.
Speaker 3: Breakfast club bitches, do y'all finish or y'all done