Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the day. Donkeys of the day.
Speaker 2: As I'm a Democrat, so being donky of the day is a little bit of a mixed so.
Speaker 3: Like a donkey donk the other day the club bitches.
Speaker 2: Now I've been called a lot of my twenty three years.
Speaker 4: That donkey of the day is a new white.
Speaker 3: Donkey of the Day for Thursday, July twenty seventh goes to Dick's Fish and Chips. Dick's Fish and Chips is a popular fish and chip shop in Canada and they have been declared a nuisance by city council because of a disturbing odor that comes from the exhaust system. People who live nearby have been complaining. They said they smell the smell of deep deep fried fish can be putrid at times. Okay, I don't know who these heathens are that don't love the smell of deep fried fish. Maybe it's the low country in me, but it's nothing like the sound of deep fried whiting frying, and the smell don't bother me at all. In fact, it makes my mouth water right now just thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay. As a person who had to.
Speaker 3: Take Staton every day for high cholesterol, trust me when I tell you that I look forward to the smell of fried fish because when the doctor put me on Statton earlier this year and told me I had to cut out fried foods, which I don't do anyway, Okay, except for once a year when I'm home, all right, And when I'm home at a certain time in South Carolina, usually around the holidays and maybe even the summer sometimes, and my aunt a father in law is frying fish and shrimp.
Speaker 1: High cholesterol.
Speaker 3: I get it, But boy, that fried fish and fried shrimp is worth the risk at least once a year, all right.
Speaker 1: I just told you my mouth was water and thinking about it.
Speaker 3: So I don't know why the smell of deep fried fish is bothering these neighbors so much.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The neighbor, his name is Mike Seal, says the odor is so foul at times that and I quote, he has to abandon ship, leave the area, do not go home.
Speaker 1: See what happens.
Speaker 3: The restaurant's exhaust system vincent to an area about twenty feet below his bedroom, and the scrimp the smell depends on how busy the restaurant is and how the wind blows. It makes sense okay, more people in the restaurant, more fish being fried. The neighbors said he can't even go on his deck on a Saturday at times because of how bad the smell is, and he no longer invites guests to socialize on his deck are at his house because of the smell. He said he even bought an AC unit so he can keep his windows closed during the summer.
Speaker 1: Don't blame that on Dick's fish and chips.
Speaker 3: Okay, you bought an AC unit because climate change and global warming is real and this is one of the.
Speaker 1: Hottest summers ever everywhere. Okay.
Speaker 3: Mike has been raising the hell about the smell for years, and he was happy to see the city council bringing requirements for the restaurant to mitigate the smell. Now, let me tell you some of the maintenance requirements the restaurant must do.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It must replace charcoal filters at least once a week, replace fire cooking oil at least every three days, are sooner if it begins to smoke. And it must fully clean the fire exhaust system at least once a month.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: A written record must be kept up the cleaning and replacements and can be requested.
Speaker 1: By a bylaw officer.
Speaker 3: Dick's Fish and Chips has been fine because of the smell quite a few times following your numerous complaints, and the owner, whose name is Dick Tansley, said the situation is frustrating. He said it's costing him a lot of money to frequently clean the exhaust system, but he's going to do it. Look, I get it, Okay, you a neighbor living next to the place. It's probably hard. You know, for Mike the Nabel who was complaining to have a girl or guy? Are they over? Okay, because the last thing you want to smell in the bedroom is the odor of fish.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: That can be an awkward thing because in your mind, you're wondering.
Speaker 1: Is it my date? Are Dicks fish and Chips? That is?
Speaker 3: And that's why Dick's Fish and Chips is getting donky other day. I know it's named after the owner, but you have to change the name. You just can't have people run around calling your establishment stank, Dix fish and Chips, smelly Dicks fish and chips.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dick fish.
Speaker 3: And chips sounds like three different things some people love to have in their mouth, okay, and I know that there's people out there who love Dix Fish and Chips, and if they changed their name, folks might say, hey, Dix is getting soft, Dick's Fish and Chips is getting soft. They bending to the city. But no, I think it's smart marketing and branding. To simply change the name. You would attract more customers too, especially out of towners. Do you think any Do you think Cameron would ever eat at Dix Fish and Chips. Huh No, He's not gonna feel comfortable ordering his dis fish fried hard.
Speaker 1: Okay yo, you have ate a Dix Fish and Chips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's dj Inby's favorite place to eat when he's in town.
Speaker 1: Come on, Dix Fish and Chips.
Speaker 3: Please give Dick's Fish and Chips the sweet sounds and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the.
Speaker 3: D all the day.
Speaker 4: Now, Lauren, Why you've been smiling at this whole donkey to day? You see what's on your mind.
Speaker 3: I don't like fish, you like fried fish.
Speaker 1: You know it's even worse. You know what's even worse.
Speaker 3: Apparently, apparently in the same shopping plaza there's other businesses with with with with questionable names, like what they got a candy store. They got a candy store that specializes in selling milk duds and whoppers, and it's called Harry's Chocolate Balls, right, yeah, And there's an I'm making no see. That's why don't even like to tell you, because you'll don't believe me.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They gotta, they gotta. They got a dessert pastry spot too. It's like a fancy dessert pastry spot in that same plaza, and it's called Big Johnson's Cream Pots.
Speaker 1: We gotta go.
Speaker 2: Visit this way.
Speaker 1: Oh you want to go now look at it.
Speaker 2: We need to go see all that. There's no way.
Speaker 1: There's an organic.
Speaker 3: Lord, there's an organic healthy spot that they got there too. In this organic spot gives out shots of all natural fruit juices and it's called Mike Cox.
Speaker 1: Come quiet, all right, well that is can't it?
Speaker 2: Come quiet?
Speaker 1: It's crazy, you know, that's not that? All right? Come qu a right, we'll see them, we'll see.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry, So I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. We'll see how tomorrow. Everybody apologizing for because you said some stuff we're not supposed to say.
Speaker 1: I'm just naming the name of the restaurants. They can.
Speaker 3: They can fight me on this one all day long, but this is the name of the restaurants. This is actual factuals. Y'all just don't believe me. We don't fault.
Speaker 1: Is that let me don't believe you all right now?
Speaker 4: Up next, you know, Laura le Ross is here and this is where we open up the phone lines and allow people to ask any type of questions about relationship life. If you have relationship problems or problems in your life and you just need some fixing, Laura La Ross is gonna help you.
Speaker 1: We gonna help you, and me to help them.
Speaker 2: My best relationship advice is like rep us out or a bloc. I don't really have too much for the streets, but I'll try today exactly.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fast all right out now it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Donkey Today is brought to you by the law office of Michael s Lambinsoft don't be a donkey. Dot pound two fifty on your cell and say the bull. If you've been hurting a construction accident, that's pound two five oh from your cell and say the bull.