Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given them.
Speaker 5: A million bus bush Yeah, listening to.
Speaker 3: Show up.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 7: Joy Yeah, Joy, you know you.
Speaker 8: Love.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: You gotta turn. We got to turn the mouth turn.
Speaker 4: You probably got to turn mouth.
Speaker 2: Turn, turn the water of the money.
Speaker 7: Looking me come come out?
Speaker 2: You think that.
Speaker 8: I sure will? Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now one and only Seve Harvey got a radio show, Yeah man, got one.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 8: You know, I thought I think of my life in terms of blessings. You know, I take mostly a positive approach and a positive spin to my life. I hardly ever dwell on you know, the what's well. I can't say that I don't think about the what's wrong in it because I have to, because I have to address problems as they arise. But I try not to let them consume me. I let the consumption part be about the blessings, the positive things that has occurred in my life, the good things that God has done for me, the power that He's displayed in my life, the protection He's given me over the years, to being tucked under his wings. I focus on the things that he promises me. I think of all the goodness that I perceive to come my way. I think that has a lot to do with me learning more and more about the law of attraction in terms of you know, what you think and what you put out in the space, and what you pray about is what you receive. You know, and so I've become better and better at that. It's not to say that I'm not human and I don't have moments where I think a little bit too long about what's going wrong and what enemy is about to attack and what they're going to do and say and and all of is his. That's not to say that I'm not concerned about it. But I try to dwell mostly on the positive. And one of the things that I learned, you can have an incredible life, all of us. We can have incredible lives if we just let God drive.
Speaker 2: See. The problem that I had years ago was I was the driver of my life, and.
Speaker 8: I was taking myself in the directions that I thought would be best for me, and I aimed at things that I thought I could accomplish, and I set goals that I saw myself being able to attain I was driving when I gave up and I let God drive. I then opened up my mind and my spirit to what God had for me, for what God could see for me, for what God could do in my life. Well, for what God wanted for me. Now he wanted for me, and he wanted of me. See, that's the connection that you got to try to make. Well, not try, that's the connection that you got to make to really get it. Now, listen to me.
Speaker 2: What I don't want you to do is do like me.
Speaker 8: Don't be afraid of the what for of the what he wants you to do part see, because that ain't gonna be nearly as demanding an and as offsetting as you think it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 8: I thought that if I did God's will, that if I let God tell me what to do, that it would cause me to not to be able to do a certain some things I wanted to do well, which is true. But the stuff I wanted to do was all detrimental to my well being and my future and my growth and development as a man. I was stopping my own growth as a man because see, I was doing what I thought I should do as a man. But when you give it over to God, so God has a much better plan for you than you can ever have for yourself. And God knows a better way, far better than the one you know. I want you to believe that. Man, You got to understand that part of it. And that's the part that I finally got through my head to let God do it his way and to show me a better way, and to teach me a better way and expose to me a better way. And when I opened up my mind to what God was talking about, I began to see things totally differently. Things started coming to me totally differently. If you've been a friend of mine or a fan of mine over the years, I mean, you've had to see it, the change. You've had to see the difference. I mean, and I acknowledge that every chance I get, because I promise God I would, and I hope that I'm not falling short in that category. But then again, if I told it all day long, woul He's done for me, I still wouldn't have enough time to really explain thoroughly what He's done for me, because it's such a continuous growth in me. But now that's not to say that I'm finished or I'm done or I'm complete, because I'm still shock.
Speaker 2: You can't be him.
Speaker 8: You can strive for perfection. I hear people saying it all the time. I applaud you for saying you want to be perfect, but you ain't and you can't. So you quit saying it. You quit saying it to me, quit saying it to other people. I'm seeking a life of perfection, but it's something that you cannot have because he said you can't do it.
Speaker 2: But that's what he'd have for.
Speaker 8: He'd have for the moments when you stumble and you fall, and you go stumble and fall. See, you got to get that part right, man, The stumbling falling part is coming. But see, you get God in your life and it helps you so that you don't stumble, fall, wallow, roll, over lay their languish.
Speaker 2: That's what God is for. So when you stumbling, fall, you get back up.
Speaker 8: Because you're going to make mistakes, You're going to get it wrong, You're going to come under attack, You're going to be lied about, you are going to be falsely accused.
Speaker 2: That's going to happen to you.
Speaker 8: The moment you make a decision to do better the moment you try to be more. The devil got to send his attackers man, and he controls certain people. He just got people that's on his side twenty four seven.
Speaker 2: You know him too.
Speaker 8: You've all met one or two of the men in your life. They just busy with the business of nothingness. It's busy about about the destruction of others. You said, I know them, you know them. They coming. But here's what you gotta hold fast too. They can't take away nothing from you that God gave you. They didn't make you. See, people who claim to have made you, if they so in to make you business, why don't they make theyself?
Speaker 2: Or if they ain't with you no more?
Speaker 8: And they so busy in them I made you business, why don't they make somebody else? Since you want to get credit for making somebody make yourself. If you're responsible for someone else's success, then you should easily be able to take claim and be responsible for your own success. See, be careful of that, and don't change your course because somebody is attacking you with that.
Speaker 2: I just hope man, that I'm giving it to God the way I said I.
Speaker 8: Would give it to him, that I would unload every chance I got that I was supposed to without.
Speaker 2: Being, you know, or here he come again?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: I try not to be that, but man, I don't know what else to be for the first twelve minutes of my show? What else you want me to say? I got four hours? I can't give God twelve twelve minutes, man, I mean, for real, Steve, come on, man, I mean, let's look at this right here. If you've given honor to God just twelve minutes out the day, dog, he gave you twenty four hours of luxury and life and breath and hope and promise that you ain't got twelve minutes to give him out the day.
Speaker 2: That don't make no sense. What in exchange?
Speaker 8: What a wonderful life God has given me in exchange for so small of effort that I put forth. Don't let the effort you got to put forth to God seems so dawning that you don't attempt to do it, because man, it seems like a lot.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing to compare to what He be giving us for real.
Speaker 8: So if you want a real life, you want a real shot at what you can be, what you can have, what you can own, what you can become who you really are.
Speaker 9: Go to God.
Speaker 2: Let him fix you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: That's all you're listening harymore show.
Speaker 8: Ladies and gentlemen, playoffs. Everybody, let me have your attention. Today is not gonna be another one of them days.
Speaker 2: Today is a new day, new day, new day?
Speaker 6: What day? Is it?
Speaker 1: A new days?
Speaker 4: Gonna be a new day?
Speaker 9: That a.
Speaker 2: Something says a song? Oh yes, murder brings reality. I want to say, why is it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Is that a song?
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be that?
Speaker 1: And tell me I heard you say nude day.
Speaker 2: I heard a little nicked and put a little nicked in your day.
Speaker 4: Naked? Okay, we just got here.
Speaker 1: We just put our clothes on.
Speaker 4: It's gonna crack if you naked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little chili out.
Speaker 4: To warm up, as the old people say, warm up?
Speaker 1: How how you feel up?
Speaker 5: Stevie know I'm talking about right, it's blown in there warm more, won't warm up. It's in the kitchen on top of it, and just warm it up and eat it.
Speaker 2: None. Old people had a house hot no matter what time.
Speaker 3: Of the year.
Speaker 4: I can't see what.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. A couple of years ago, A couple of years ago, we did.
Speaker 8: Uh took my family out on Thanksgiving that we delivered meals, meals on wheels, and we delivered all day, you know, to families in need.
Speaker 2: We went into this old lady's house. Come on, hey man, it was so I didn't know. And as soon as I the Lord Jesus, what not you? What is you doing down here? Baby? What did it?
Speaker 7: TV?
Speaker 2: People know you downhill? She went to her window and looked out the color. Ain't no police with you? I said, no, ma'am.
Speaker 8: Oh lord, you want me to call my nephews, I said, for what so they can watch over you?
Speaker 2: I said, ma'am, I'm from here.
Speaker 7: I heard you was, but you don't.
Speaker 2: It's Look what time is it?
Speaker 8: I said, it's twelve thirty. Oh you got a little time? Want you to be gone? You're gonna stay till this dog? I said, nah, here, I got to do a lot of other house. Oh I thought you were gonna stay awhile I said, no, don't just drop this off. I got some more houses to take care of. I said all that to say, it was the hottest house I've ever been in in my tide life. And that conversation we had was taken two damn longs.
Speaker 4: I had reached that age, that hot stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah man, it's gotta behind really yeah, I room, my kids will even come see me. It's too hot over there, Dad.
Speaker 2: And oh that's the reason you made it.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning.
Speaker 2: Show, and listen up this man, Steve Harvey, right here, I got some big news for y'all.
Speaker 8: You all already know how my new Elevate You Vitality Daily Greens are changing lives.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what.
Speaker 8: You can now get my Greens at Walmart. And if you want to do more for your health than just drink your Greens.
Speaker 7: I got you.
Speaker 8: We got all of that nutrition packed into three different gummies. One for digestive health, that's for your immunity, and there's one for your metabolism.
Speaker 2: Head over to your.
Speaker 8: Nearest Walmart now to get yourself some Elevate You.
Speaker 2: You better go get your.
Speaker 7: Some right now.
Speaker 10: The nephew is here to run that prank back what you got for his nef repole man, repole man.
Speaker 2: We got to get that car. Let's go.
Speaker 11: Hello, I'm trying to reach age please this here. Sorry, my name is Robert. I'm with the collection agency. You do own a Sierra GMC truck? Am I correct?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 11: Okay, we don't show that we've had any payments within the last I guess about three close to four months now, and we want to try and stop having to come in and repossess it. Maybe we give you a chance to bring your payment in, but we haven't had a payment from you in about four.
Speaker 2: Months, sir.
Speaker 6: No financial with the other another thing, I don't know what's mo. Yeah, I've been paying all the time. It's directed party from Cory.
Speaker 9: About that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm they've they've turned you over to us.
Speaker 11: I'm with uh collection agency and we haven't gotten anything from I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't show any uh any paperwork.
Speaker 11: Here on the computer at all that we've had any payments made within the last four months.
Speaker 2: So that's why they have.
Speaker 6: It over to y'all without my permission. They can't never tell my truck over to y'all. Ap Yo.
Speaker 2: Well, I understand that, sir.
Speaker 11: What happens is if you haven't paid it in a certain amount of time, it actually comes over to the collection agency.
Speaker 2: And that's what they've done. They've actually sent it over to us.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 11: They've given us uh pretty much all the information on you. I guess it's uh goldish type of color, uh seer two thousand and three GMC truck from our understanding, Am I correct?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 11: Uh, Now, what I'm gonna need from you today, Jeremy, is for you to come in uh and make a payment to us this evening for four months so we can see so we don't have to come in and repossess your truck. And I don't want to have to do that. But if I have to send a record out there to you, I have your address.
Speaker 2: On file as well. I don't want to have to send anybody have to pick it up.
Speaker 6: Y'all not come and get my truck. And I'm not paying y'all for for no full month. I'm not paying my truck no all the time, every month. That's a done deal, sir.
Speaker 11: I don't want to get in a back and forth with you, but I'm telling you exactly how it's gonna go.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: I come out there and repossess it myself. But I'm telling.
Speaker 9: Up it's no.
Speaker 6: Look, that's not that's not even all where we gotta go with that. Don't be you don't need to be screaming and fussing and chaotic. Can come get it yourself and all that suffy so much? Truck, my truck, that's gonna be that?
Speaker 11: What hang on, let's back up, because I'm a man just like your man. What do you mean it's gonna that's gonna be that? What are you saying?
Speaker 2: What are you? What do you what are you saying to me? Son?
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, sir. Look, I'm telling you that I'm paying my truck note and and that's the final I don't know.
Speaker 11: Let's get I've already stated to you before. I'm with an agency. And let's get one thing straight. You don't tell me I tell you now, Hey.
Speaker 6: Hey, calm down on the phone. It don't make no sense to me, you know, over the phone and whatnot. You can come, you can come get the truck, my truck. Yeah, I work, I'm ready. You can come. You can come try to get my truck. You come on there.
Speaker 11: Sure, I'm already aware of where you work in the whole nine yards. Now I don't I'm trying to be as uh cardial with you as I can.
Speaker 2: Now you can.
Speaker 6: Come and get my truckle I'll tell you I'll be paying much. So you know you should have dropped down and being like, all right, I'm gonna check with somebody else, check with somebody else and make sure I'm right, and then call me back.
Speaker 11: I'm telling you you haven't paid anything. That's what I'm telling you. I've got it listed on the computer. You've been turned over an agency and you haven't done it. You haven't done it thing.
Speaker 6: What you used to you. You you're raising your press, screaming and hollo over the phone like that they ain't gonna do me up.
Speaker 9: You no good.
Speaker 6: But you ain't getting no money from me. Then you ain't coming my truck. Well, a matter of fact, you could come to my truck. I'm I'm gonna be at my truck and I'm gonna wait on you, ana be.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any difference, sir. You gotta get repossessed tonight.
Speaker 11: If I don't get four months payment bruck, definitely, if I don't get four months payment brought into me collection agency, your truck will be taking care of.
Speaker 6: Hold on, listen, man, hold on, you kind of kind of serious heart, you quick cursing at me.
Speaker 7: That's what's wrong?
Speaker 12: You got me?
Speaker 6: Trust, Look right outside, you can come over here and get it. I'll be sitting on that way for you.
Speaker 2: Look, you know what. I'm at the point I don't give it about this job. I'm ready to come kick your That's what I'm ready to do. Call him back. I don't need a little scared hanging up the phone. You're standing here like a man, and you handle your problems.
Speaker 6: Hey, hold on, I'm I can't be dealing with that.
Speaker 9: I make it.
Speaker 6: Wa, bro, stop calling.
Speaker 11: I'm at work to doing my job the same way.
Speaker 2: You're doing yours.
Speaker 6: You don't want to get truck.
Speaker 2: I got one more thing I want to say to you before you go. And you're listening. This is Nephew timing from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 9: You just got pray, you got you.
Speaker 6: Got all, my teacher, You are all right, man, I'm gonna talk to this roof man. I'm talking about cool you talking about.
Speaker 9: She told me?
Speaker 2: She told me, man, she said that boy love that truck.
Speaker 6: Yeah. That's my choice, man, my only trasportation. Man, that's choice. Yeah, yeah, you got it?
Speaker 11: You got Hey, I gotta I gotta ask you, man, Tell me brother, what is the baddest. I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the late Steve sho Now you're having ladies and gentlemen repo man, Yeah, somebody gotta do it.
Speaker 2: You've been repold before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know anyone who hasn't been.
Speaker 8: Actually, Oh well I thought you got said, you don't know nobody who manak ain't never had a car, repot, never had no hell No, ain't never had a car.
Speaker 2: Tom ain't never had a repose, Carl I ain't never had no car.
Speaker 9: No, I ain't.
Speaker 3: You guys When my daddy had a repo and he told he told me he got stolen, my mom said, who told you that?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 8: Man, they had a deal in Cleveland when I was about twenty four. You mean when Mopegs was hot. They had a special deal. You can come down and get one and then pay on it for three months. They had to come get that.
Speaker 2: You got a moped repo?
Speaker 8: Well, I said, a bike. Well let me put you They tried to come get that. You think I can hide a car good?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: No, I hit the mopeed in my backyard for three weeks.
Speaker 8: Oh, naden say in the backyard, I rake les one time and hit it.
Speaker 2: One time. I put put in that big ass garbage cad to put the top on it.
Speaker 1: Looking now you're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 10: It is time to get some great advice from the CLO that stands for Chief Love Officer.
Speaker 1: We call him the Close Steve Harvey.
Speaker 10: Shateria in Memphis writes, I have been dating a younger man for four months, and he's been using my car to go to work because I work from home.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 10: I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, so I told him to call his mama for a ride. His mama called me and said, I'm only four years younger than her, So I'm his mama now and I need to take care of his knees.
Speaker 1: Would I be out of line to curse her out?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: First of all, let's talk about a couple of things that I noticed, Shateria. This man you Dayton, got to be young because your name is Shaterria, and I don't know nobody named Shatiria that was born in the seventies, So I'm assuming that you are a young mother yourself.
Speaker 2: Now, you the one in here and rob this crackling.
Speaker 8: You're dating this little damn baby that just now got off his bicycle, so he ain't even got a car.
Speaker 2: Now you letting him use your car.
Speaker 8: You told him you got to go to the doctor because you got some medical complications. He can't do that, and then you told him using mama's car his mama's car. Would I be wrong for cussing out or kicking hotel? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: This is your fault.
Speaker 8: The fact that his mama can call you, the fact that you had him call his mama says you're in the wrong relationship. Shateria that rhymes with cafeteria henry. Yes, where we have the problem at right there? Your name, your age, and this damn baby you done picked up and moved around in here to your house that don't have a car. Bad selection. It ain't his mama, it's the boy you selected to be your man. Yeah, bad's your problem. Next question, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Moving on to Tay in Ohio.
Speaker 10: Tay says, I'm a twenty two year old student and I'm dating a black guy that is giving me grief because he's very friendly. He feels like he has to show the black girls on campus a lot of attention or they'll hate him for dating outside of his race. One of the girls can't stand me, and she's always talking slick to me.
Speaker 1: Should I pull her aside to see what the problem is? Or do I keep ignoring her? Like he said to.
Speaker 2: Well, let me let me give you, Let me let me say something to you. Now when you pull her to the side. Hey, I just want you.
Speaker 8: To understand that ain't the end of it. Let me live culturally. Once you pull them to the side and start addressing it, you finna get way molding.
Speaker 2: You bargain for.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: The dude has told you to ignore it. You could ignore it, but I understand the position he's in. He gives them extra attention so they don't hate him. Look, are you enjoying this relationship, lady? It don't sound like she is to me. It's very much with this. You don't like the pressure, you don't like what come with it. And he's not coping with it real good either, because he feels in some kind of way. But now, let me explain something to you. Don't pull that black girl to the side.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 8: System beg a girl. Listen to me, Listen to Uncle Steve. Don't pull that black girl to the side, because it ain't gonna go nothing like you think you're not gonna believe her damn reaction. First of all, if you literally tap her on the elbow and say, come over here for a minute, let me talk to you, not just don't do that, don't you First, it's gonna be a pause and hesitation, the disbelief that you're addressing her. But if all the black women you done point, you're gonna picked out her is the one you gonna check her. I can't even tell you how this is fit to go now. I don't know if you're a cheerleader. I don't know if he an athlete, I don't know if you're on a debate team.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you own. But do not grab Shiteria Junior and pull her to the side.
Speaker 7: This is not him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do not do that. It's not going to go.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Cela Monique and Tyler Town said. My husband and I had a card party over the weekend and his best buddy got drunk and slept on our floor all night. He also urinated on himself, and he had on dark jeans, so my carpet is ruined in that spot. My husband didn't want to make a big deal out of it and embarrass him. So we have to pay to have our carpet replaced. Shouldn't he make his buddy pay for this?
Speaker 2: You just so drunk you.
Speaker 8: Done fell asleep on the floor and pede on yourself. I mean he could go to him and say, hey, man, look here's a problem. And he was at the house. You got drunk. I know you couldn't help it, but you laid the floor and you peed on yourself, and my wife got to replace the carpet. Man, can you give us a little something on it? You know you should offer at that point, Well he not, Yeah, because he gonna swear him down.
Speaker 2: He gonna swear him down. He ain't peede on himself. Well who you know?
Speaker 8: If in the volunteer and that that wasn't he dark ain't pee on a little flow? Yeah that was a bill. Think I peed on myself.
Speaker 2: Now that's beer. I laid it in the beer. I saw the beer. I might knock the cup over. I can give you a couple of honey.
Speaker 8: Hell no, hell no, hell no, it ain't nowhere. And he ain't laying that any You can't prove he pre no, no, no, no, no. Hold on, bro, so you're gonna come to me with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got picture? Hold on? Did you see me pete?
Speaker 12: No on my phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now hold on?
Speaker 9: On?
Speaker 2: Who phone mine?
Speaker 7: Hold on?
Speaker 8: So your girl taking picture of me peeingna get turned?
Speaker 9: Yeah? You got?
Speaker 8: I mean he could mention it to him, but it's the the dude gonna deny it and stop him. Card party and stop letting people sleep on your floor overnight. Stop doing that, all right? Send his ass home pee.
Speaker 2: On his own floor.
Speaker 1: Oh with the smell in that house?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 10: Moving on to Stephanie in La Stephanie says, I'm in my mid forties and I can't function without having sex at least four times a week. I work long days, so it's hard for me to meet a good man, to meet good men, and I end up tensed up all night and can't fall asleep. My neighbor has always been an option, but I don't want to be intimate with someone in my building. What's the worst that could happen? Should I go ahead and invite him over?
Speaker 2: I don't feel I don't care what you do. I really don't.
Speaker 8: Just ain't a love question, just a lost question. You're thirsty. You in your forties, you gotta have sex full times a week. Yeah you know what got's two You in your forties and you had to have sex full times a week.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll go ahead and have it.
Speaker 2: No, no, if you have to go ahead, what you want me to tell you?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 8: Your neighbor, you don't want to sleep with him because he who've been doing the full times a week for you up to now? Well that part see what I think is you got to have sex four times a week. Your problem is you can't find nobody want to have sex with.
Speaker 2: You full times a week. That's your real problem. That's what she said.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, coming up next more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, Jay and Junior are here with some pointers for people. Okay, So no matter what you're into, whether it's drinking alcohol or smoking legally, now this is how you know when you've had enough and it's time to what put and put it down down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's time to put it down, all right, Jay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: When you got your light on your phone and you're looking for your phone, it's time to put it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's absolutely true. It's in your hand.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and all mine is real. And I don't care if he is listening this morning, but this is what he gonna stop. Nick here if you said it drinking O eat. But every time you hear a police sign, you grabbed me. Put the old eat down. You don't need to drink this no more. I'm tired to tear my clothes off and police go. But I'm not gonna sity here with do this with ya Jay.
Speaker 7: He knows where he is.
Speaker 1: That's put it down.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, it's three o'clock in the morning. You throwing out a drinking to make Thanksgiving dinner and it ain't even Thanksgiving. It's time to put it down.
Speaker 4: Time, it's just going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just too.
Speaker 6: Thick.
Speaker 14: Another if you say what h huh in the conversation MORETI five times what it's time to put it down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right for about who.
Speaker 7: That one?
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 4: If you like what you're smoking on both ends.
Speaker 2: It's trying to put it down on both ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, cook, you got one of.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell you something.
Speaker 14: If I come over your house and I walked on stairs and you playing PlayStation and you got the headphones off.
Speaker 2: Dog, whatever you is, you do what it's time to put that down.
Speaker 7: You see that.
Speaker 14: You're talking to a handst so what a place that you control in your hand as you smoking?
Speaker 7: I know what you're.
Speaker 8: This happened with a friendom mind if you drive it? Yeah, and we just set at this light and it have changed greens three times. Yeah we still now, but staring at the witch.
Speaker 1: You you get time, you.
Speaker 5: Put it down down, It's time, it's time put it down. Well, you you decide to make a cake and you waiting for the cake to be done. You got all the ingredients in the pan, but what you did was you stuck it in the dish washing and you waiting.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Times put it down.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got one.
Speaker 8: If you done got hungry and you done decided you want some pinto beans and you soaking them and you just get a spoon and sit down and start eating.
Speaker 2: You've got to you got.
Speaker 10: Right coming up next, more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right after this, you're listening to Harvey Morning Show. We here at the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Love food all of us, but there are a lot of foods we think are from other countries that are actually invented in a good old USA, And those are some of the most famous ones.
Speaker 1: Like Fortune cookies invented right here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was actually invented in San Francisco by a Japanese American baker.
Speaker 7: Did you'll know that? Did you notice, Steve?
Speaker 2: I did Fortune? They don't taste good.
Speaker 10: I like them with chocolate, white chocolate on them, and they don't shy.
Speaker 2: Surely excuse me. Chocolate is the worst thing you could put in your body.
Speaker 1: I absolutely know that, But it tastes real good. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. You're a very wonderful health reason and you just destroyed it. I know that, any damn.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't eat it now, but yeah I used to, and it's delicious. Orange chicken. How about that one?
Speaker 2: That's good? Yeah?
Speaker 10: It was created in Hawaii in nineteen eighty seven by Panda Express chef Andy Koe or Kyle ok.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, Wow, I know.
Speaker 2: Who came up with them. It was the Crustation who came up with them. They do, they do copy it.
Speaker 1: German chocolate cake came my.
Speaker 8: Mama, Yeah, my mama it has I don't know who made it, befolk. I don't know who made it, befolk. Ain't nobody make it? Like huddle ear lost via Hobby greatest piece of German chocolate cake?
Speaker 2: Hold the wow?
Speaker 10: I have to I heard German chocolate. But anyway, it has nothing to do with Germany. It's because of its name, Samuel German that it's called German blad.
Speaker 2: People, they're perfected it.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, hello, that coconut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've had a lot taken from us. So hey, the right of that we took. We took the cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we love German cake, all right.
Speaker 10: English muffins, English muffins from England, from England. They were actually invented in New York City in nineteen eighty four by English immigrants Samuel Bass Thomas.
Speaker 2: They were rich, they were really nothing. Let me give you some real dishes that was created right here in America. Okay, come on, what you got hit it? Yes, work it out, boy, Whether they want to be a not fried sprayl yes, hot dogs.
Speaker 1: And beans, yeah, American dish. All right, there you have it. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 10: Sometimes we all find ourselves in a conversation, okay, be it political, scientific, educational, financial, even hip hop pop culture based conversations where.
Speaker 1: We just have no clue, I mean clueless.
Speaker 2: To what the person is talking about. Okay, So so guess what sure to do with sports?
Speaker 1: Busted?
Speaker 10: So do you guys chime in and ask people to to get you up to speed or do you just not in agreement?
Speaker 2: Like you know, you know, like I actually get into conversations.
Speaker 1: I wanted to start with you.
Speaker 8: Yes, get in the concert, like bring up a subject where you know I ain't got nothing now I don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 1: Engineering making a bridge, Oh.
Speaker 8: Man, you know when me and my father man used to work construction. You know, I used to work on bridge. We used to pad of cracks in the bridge. So I knew all about the structural design of a bridge, what called the fracture spaces in it?
Speaker 2: And I just did like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you or your father go to engineering school? I mean take engineering?
Speaker 2: And I never did.
Speaker 1: A construction company.
Speaker 8: Or no, no, no, no, Now we work for this company, Frank Buddy, Brank buddy contract.
Speaker 1: Have you ever driven over a bridge?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I been a lot of That's how we knew how they cracked.
Speaker 8: You know, the structural engineering position is what we would take hold was the uprooted problem that diverted the situation into a crack in the first place.
Speaker 2: We sound good, What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: There's like a.
Speaker 2: Board game like this, Go ahead ahead.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask him, though, Shirley, So how would you what would you recommend to.
Speaker 1: Update a bridge?
Speaker 2: Well, I think up is a very bridge.
Speaker 8: The Golden Gray Bridge has been needed update and repairing. You know, been several earthquakes as we reaking the foundation. But I think what we're gonna have to do is we're gonna have to do a section out of time. I think we're gonna have to break that bridge and half. So we had this one way traffic going one way, and then once you get the one one lane locked off, and then you can do the restructure work on the other side, and then you reinforce it up under with welding beams and now to join them back together.
Speaker 2: That way they'll fixed that. Whole time you.
Speaker 10: Mentioned earthquakes, I was wondering. You know, we're out here in l A. What you know a lot of seismatologists have been on the news lately. Saying there is a possibility that there could be an earthquakes coming soon.
Speaker 1: You agree with that?
Speaker 2: Four point seven?
Speaker 1: A four point seven? What are you basing that on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because last was four pointed.
Speaker 1: You predict Are you a seismatologist, Finny Chance or you had you know anybody that is?
Speaker 2: No, I'm a quake atologist.
Speaker 7: After show, so far, so good? Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Ahead, anything just anything I couldn't I can get right with it.
Speaker 1: And house you're not allowed about.
Speaker 8: How Yeah, I grew up in a housing projectist.
Speaker 1: I meant seismologist, said seismatologist.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, you said quake, because I knew you ain't know what. Okay, go ahead, you know you know anything about design and airplane? Are absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: You mean like the engines and stuff for inside, which, well let's.
Speaker 2: Go be Yeah.
Speaker 8: Rose Royce is number one engine manufacturer of jet planes in the world.
Speaker 1: Right now now that I believe, No, that's from you, that I believe.
Speaker 8: Rose Ross is number one jet manufactured engine parts and motors in the world today.
Speaker 2: And so whatever I'm picking out a plane, always go Rose RoCE engine.
Speaker 10: Okay, what's the best feat to get up with altitude?
Speaker 8: Well, you want to fly at least thirty three thousand, but if you're in the whole war substantial plane, you can get up to forty nine thousand, which then at that point you can see the curvature of the Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cannot argue it.
Speaker 1: I guess you're up there in heaven on my.
Speaker 8: Afe forty nine thousand feet in the G five you can see the curvature of.
Speaker 2: The Earth ahead.
Speaker 1: Wow, the planet, so.
Speaker 2: You can see that the world is around Wow. No, and that's a fact it is.
Speaker 1: I can't argue with you because I have a new idea all about the thirty three thousand altitude. All right, Steve, thank you.
Speaker 10: Up next, it is a nephew switching gears with a prank phone call for today.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour. Right about four minutes after.
Speaker 10: It is my strawberry letter for today's subject. He wants me but not the children. Right now, it is the nephew's turn with today's prank phone call. What you got, King of Pranks?
Speaker 11: I got a prank for y'all, Linda. I want to ask y'all some y'all tell me if I'm in the roll. Okay, all right, So my wife is a little love sick, all right, the love sick, and I didn't think nothing of it. Yeah, I'm gonna take you, y'all. Just let me know if I if I'm in the roll? Okay, Yeah, we go out, we go out to dinner. We go out to dinner, and we bump into some we both do some people that I know, and uh so, I you know, I'm playing now I'm playing, But I introduced her is my ex girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Now, ain't she really my ex girlfriend? You know what I'm saying? Yeah, that's right. Ain't she really? You're my wife?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: But you're my ex girlfriend.
Speaker 11: I said that, this is my ex girlfriend, Jackie right here.
Speaker 2: She looked at me like, what did you just you are my ex girlfriend?
Speaker 7: Ain't you?
Speaker 2: What are you upset about?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: So am I wrong?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah I knew you were before you.
Speaker 8: I think that really, dog, that's really got sex?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Damn?
Speaker 12: That was wrong?
Speaker 1: Was well real stupid?
Speaker 2: Well okay, if we go back to being the girlfriend, why is that?
Speaker 9: And what.
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 2: You y'all ex girlfriend? I don't see this didn't gain you a promotion? You don't see that.
Speaker 1: Stop trying to flip it.
Speaker 11: Come on now here it is. Come on, cat dog, let's go. The name of this is uh quarterback, sneak, quarterback sneak. Let's go cat dog.
Speaker 9: Hello that streak the cans she cares. This is Tony. Are you mama?
Speaker 12: Excuse me?
Speaker 9: You are you mama?
Speaker 12: Yeah? I am Why Who are you?
Speaker 9: My name is Tony. I'm Deandre's daddy. DeAndre. They played on this past season. They played on the football tea, they played on the on the Seahawks together.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, but like, why are you calling me?
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm calling you for a particular reason. Let me tell you what's going on this whole past football season. Your son Isaiah, he was a starting quarterback, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's Yeah, he's a certain quarterback. He works real hard.
Speaker 9: Like that's that said physical. Let me let me go say it. I already know that my son DeAndre is way better than your son Isaiah. I already know that all right. Now, I ain't get to excuse you. No, I ain't gonna excuse me. I'm not gonna chuse myself about this. I've been wanting to get you on the phone so I can tell you exactly what's going on. Let me tell you something when when the season come back around, when they getting ready to play again, I'm telling you right now, my son DeAndre gonna be starting. Please know that. Trust me. I swear to you. I know what you did for your Excuse me, sir.
Speaker 12: Excuse me you you who do you think you are calling me telling me that your son is gonna take my son's position on the team. How do you even have my number?
Speaker 9: I got? I got your number from a reliable sort. What are the payers gave me your number?
Speaker 12: But what's like, what kind of mental problems you got calling my house telling me about how your son is. So your son is like not barely even on the team, he's not even starting.
Speaker 9: Okay, now my son ain't start. Okay, Well he's gonna be starting next year. Okay, But I know what you did it for your son to be started. Trust me. I know what you did, Kansas.
Speaker 12: I didn't do anything. My son earn't his positions. So I mean, I don't I don't really get what you're saying here. You're talking about talking to some big game about your son taking my son's position.
Speaker 9: Life.
Speaker 12: First of all, I don't even know who you are. I don't know how you got my number. Like these these are kids, it's not it's really not that serious. Like their kids out there having a good time, trying to play a game. It's like, I haven't seen you at a game.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't know what you think. You are stepping up being like my son is gonna take your son's position? Like what kind of crazy are you? You're calling me out of nowhere, out of that, You're calling me nowhere, out of the clear blue. I'm just minding my business. My son is playing his game. Who the are you and why are you calling me?
Speaker 9: Like what? I ain't been to no games, but I'm gonna be there on next season. I'll be there, Okay, Okay, I mean.
Speaker 12: You could try, You could try. You might not want that come cause your son still ain't certain.
Speaker 9: But let's come on and get to the reason why. Carl, you I already know why your son starting, because he's going on. They're going what what?
Speaker 12: No, my son is starting because he earned his position. He's the best on the team.
Speaker 9: You're saying that, Cannons, But are you sure your son ain't starting? Because maybe you maybe you slept. Maybe you slept with coach Brian.
Speaker 12: What wait, excuse you look like, did you did you?
Speaker 9: Did you sleep with coach Brian so your son can get that position? Did you do that?
Speaker 12: Your mama slept with coach be coach Brian with her dry that's why your son ain't playing.
Speaker 6: Who do you think you are accusing me of.
Speaker 9: Sleeping with a coach? Hey, hey, I'm just I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 12: I know what you did for your You don't know, you don't know, you don't know, okay, So.
Speaker 9: So so you you singing you ain't self with coach Briant, that's what you're saying. So Isa, they are starting because he just because because he they just picked him the start.
Speaker 12: You are crazy. First of all, you're gonna have to talk to my husband because these accusations are ridiculous and out of control. But I don't know who the do you think you are in the house excusing me of sleeping with the coach my son earned his positions on the teams. He's like, what the do you think you are? You are straight?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 9: Who is your hook? Who is that?
Speaker 12: My husband is Curtiss, So you don't know because you ain't never showed up for your own damn son.
Speaker 9: Okay, Curtis, you'll you'll hold nint Curtis. Okay, okay, So I tell you I need I need to talk to Curtis. Seat, That's what I need to do.
Speaker 12: Oh you're gonna more than talk to Curtis. You're gonna catch some same hands from Curtis with that mouse.
Speaker 9: Okay, all good? So so so let me answer this this.
Speaker 6: You saw him like Curtis that drive trucks, that Curtis I'm.
Speaker 12: Talking about, Curtis, my husband in my house. You don't know who we are because you ain't never showed up. You ain't nobody. Your kid is nobody, his host and phone call, his book. And you need to crawl back into whatever the hole you came out of because I am not here for this.
Speaker 9: Curtis is a truck driver, right, Yeah.
Speaker 12: You're lucky here? Am I your over yet?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, you found my Curtis non Now? Can I tell you something else I don't find out by Curtis? Can I tell you that I don't?
Speaker 12: I don't, I don't. I kind of don't want to hear anything that comes out of your mouth at this point, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 9: The last thing I'm gonna say my mouth. Can I just tell you what I know?
Speaker 12: By Curtis, you better make it quick.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna make it quick. Curtis got me the plank phone called you. This is nephew Tommy. Can this from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your husband? Curtis?
Speaker 12: Are you killing me?
Speaker 9: We're in the radio right now. You alt right now, but you're gonna be on in the morning though.
Speaker 12: Oh my goodness, like my heart is racing right now. The component tear off your throat. You're killing me. My husband put you up to this show.
Speaker 9: Your husband got me to call you, baby. He said, y'all Son is amazing quarterback. I said, cool, We're gonna do.
Speaker 12: This, yo. You don't understand. My chest feels like a vice right now.
Speaker 9: I want to throw all I can't say. You got to tell me one thing. What's the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the last Steve Harvey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Oh my gum sweating yo.
Speaker 2: Sweat it out, baby, sweat it out. This is what we do. Break it down, Break it down, coach.
Speaker 8: That's why Yeah, my mama slept with the coach. Now you assaulted that sister, she was done. Yeah, because you say anything, you say any of this.
Speaker 2: The curtis.
Speaker 11: Get ready to get ready, Greenville, South Carolina at the Convention Center.
Speaker 2: The nephew is coming to town. Did you hear what I said?
Speaker 11: Greenville, South Carolina, Saturday, August the nineteenth. The Nephew will be in the building. That's Nephew, Tommy and Friends, and you don't want to miss it. We all own a roll, Baby and laying in the cut at the Howard Theater, Washington, d C. Two nights Baby, two nights, four shows August twenty fifth and the twenty sixth. Nephew, Tommy and Friends Live once again August twenty fifth and in the twenty sixth at the Washington Theater in Washington.
Speaker 9: D C.
Speaker 11: Two shows a night, four shows in total. Tickets on sale right now.
Speaker 1: It's time next for the Strawberry Letters. Subject he wants me but not The children will do the letter right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right now. It is time for today's Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 10: If you need some advice on relationships, on work, on sex, on dating, on parenting and more. Please submit your strawberry letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry letter, Right Steve, tell them take.
Speaker 8: This absolutely correctly. You really don't have many options because miss Abbey has passed.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean like dear Abby, Dear that used to have the column in the wo.
Speaker 2: So it's just a to get the paper.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, Well we could be reading your letter live on the air, like we're going to read this one today.
Speaker 2: Come on you buckle up, hold on tight. We got it for you. Here.
Speaker 10: It is the strong, very letter subject. He wants me but not the children. Dear Stephen Shirley. I am a forty nine year old female married to a forty nine year old man. We have five children and five grandchildren. Here is the problem my current husband, he says, I have. I have five children and five grandchildren. Okay, not we Oh okay, here is the problem. My current husband is not the father of my children. I married this man when my children were young, so he's been in their lives for a very long time. My youngest son just graduated from high school and we'll be going away for college. So now my husband thinks that we are done raising children, and from now on it will be just the two of us. He has said that we don't have to worry about the kids anymore because they are all grown and have their own lives. So am I not supposed to So am I not supposed to be involved with my children since they are no longer living at home. My children range from ages thirty two to eighteen years old, and all five of them live in different states. I want to see them and my grandkids as often as I can. In fact, I'd like to move closer to them. My husband does not want anything to do with them period. He doesn't want to visit them, and he doesn't want them to visit us. He said that they don't need to.
Speaker 1: Come for the holidays.
Speaker 10: What the hell he really thinks that, because they are adults, I am supposed to forget that they exist. I understand that these are our golden years and we should be enjoying quality time together and traveling the world. But our travels should also include trips to see my children. If he's really serious, I may have to spend my golden years alone. Stephen Shirley, can you please help me?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 10: Your letters started off nicely so I'll put it like this. Your husband, I'm sure, feels like he's done his job and it's over. These were not his kids. He raised them anyway. He's been in their lives since they were really young. So he's done and not being their biological debt. Like I said, the ties are cut. He has no connection really to them. It seems he cut them off and his concentration is now on you and you guys' future together. He wants to live, he wants to live his life, you know, and do all of those things. But now I think that he's being very unrealistic when he says the children he doesn't want the kids to come and see you, or he doesn't want you to go see the kids.
Speaker 7: How is that?
Speaker 10: I mean, really, that's a bit unrealistic, especially if it makes you happy to see your kids.
Speaker 1: You're his wife.
Speaker 10: He should want to see you happy and do those things that make you happy. I mean, it's very unrealistic to say that. He really thinks that because they're adults, you're supposed to forget that they exist. No, that's not the issue, and he knows that's not the issue. They are grown and they are living their own lives. That part is definitely true. But you guys got to come to some kind of compromise in terms of when you see the kids and when you go see the kids.
Speaker 1: Even if you just go by yourself, you have to see your kids. These are your kids, Steve.
Speaker 8: You're a parent. Now he wants me, but not the children. Okay, that I can relate to. I don't want mine either though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and on any day between the seven of them, you can come get four just like that.
Speaker 8: But we are parents. You're forty nine, man's forty nine. You got five children and five grandkids. He's not the father of the kids. Your youngest son just graduated high school going away to college. So now your husband think that we done raising children and from now on it it just be the two of us. He has says that we don't have to worry about the kids no more because they're all grown and have their own lives. Okay, are you kidding me? You really think that's how it goes? Do you know that you are a parent for life. You may not be a husband or a wife for life, but once you become a parent, you're a parent for life. Now, there are some good ones out there, and there are some bad ones out there. I got it, you, sir, are about to turn into a bad one because you don't get it. You are in your golden years. You said that later in the letter. Your kids are from thirty two to eighteen. All of them live in different states, and you want to see your kids and your grandkids. Matter of fact, you want to move closer to her. Your husband don't want nothing to do with them, period. He doesn't want to visit them, and he doesn't want them to visit us.
Speaker 2: He says, they don't need to come for the holiday.
Speaker 7: What the hell?
Speaker 2: That's what the lady type don't need to come for the holidays. What the hell?
Speaker 8: What the hell is right? Come on, man, are you for real? Bruh, you're gonna just act like you never met these people. He gotta come home. He's not ready to live on his own, and I got that. The kids range from thirty two to eighteen. Man, Do you know how much advice they need? So how much help they need? Financial support they need? Come on, man, that ain't hot his work?
Speaker 2: Man? You crazy? And he don't want them indivent. He don't want him to come for the holidays.
Speaker 8: What the hell he thinks that because they are adults, I'm supposed to forget the day exists. That's the craziest part of it. You gotta be nuts. It doesn't work there way. Come on, man, I understand that these are our golden years. You ain't be forty nine hell golden. But if that's how you want to look at it, okay, cool. And if we should be enjoying quality time together and traveling the world, players should also include trips see my trip.
Speaker 2: If he's really serious, I may have to spend my golden years alone. And we will be back when I was a kid.
Speaker 15: What you say, Steve, I said, William back, all right, we will be back at twenty three after with part two of Steve's response, too, he wants me but not the children?
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, here we are part two of today's Strawberry letter. The subject he wants me but not the children.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, there's youngest one that graduated.
Speaker 8: The boy is five kids, none of them he is now he going while they graduated, they gone, we threw it then they out. He's saying, no, they have their own lives, their adults. They should be able to make it on their own. I see my grandkids as off as I can. It's what the woman says. In fact, I want to move closer to him. My husband don't want anything to do with them, period. He don't want to visit them. He don't want them to visit us. He said, they don't need to come for the holiday. What the hell, lady said, what to hell? No, we don't come for the holidays. What is Christmas about?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 8: He really thinks that because the adults, I'm supposed to forget they exist. I understand that these are golden years that we should been enjoyed, follow the time together and traveling the world. But I travel plans and the called trips to see my children. He's really serious. I may have spent my golden years alone. Steven Shirley, can you please help me? He wants to check out. In essence, he wants to check out. He wants to say that I've done my duty. I raised these kids to the best of my ability. I've contributed, and now they gone, that's it. I'm chilling. I wish that was the case.
Speaker 1: But honey, why don't you want to see the kids? I mean that something.
Speaker 2: Happened already seen the kids, Well, yeah.
Speaker 10: You've seen him since they were young, I mean, and they live their own lives now.
Speaker 2: I saw all I needed to see when they was here. I'm tired.
Speaker 8: I've been working, paying bill, put keep to college and were covering up dream about that boy and coffee machine all.
Speaker 10: That and honey, we appreciate it so much, but these are my kids. I have to see them on the holidays.
Speaker 1: That's what the holidays are for.
Speaker 10: Family holidays, Yes, family like Thanksgiving, like Christmas, get free like Thanksgiving like Christmas.
Speaker 2: We ain't going down there.
Speaker 1: I've already made arrangements for them to come here.
Speaker 2: They finish cork, were here to the house.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, getting the big Christmas tree and everything. They're gon.
Speaker 2: We just got ready to We just got rid of the damn boy. And what the hell are you inviting them back for? They don't think we want them.
Speaker 10: Well, he has to have somewhere to go when he's out of school for Christmas break school.
Speaker 2: Don't wait, he ain't done at one Am International School.
Speaker 1: But I want him to come home. I missed them. I carried them for nine months.
Speaker 2: This is my blood, so you raising me kid to be none. But rumps, that was wrong right here.
Speaker 1: He's a great kid. He's in college now, he great.
Speaker 2: He will let him fear for herself, go and make it. You know, he ain't got nowhere to get a job.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't understand.
Speaker 10: I mean, you were so good with them when they were young and helping me raise them. Now all of a sudden, it's like, who are you? They are.
Speaker 1: I don't know you.
Speaker 2: I was just counting the day.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you were counting the day until they got out this house. But you were so good. They call you daddy. You're not even there, Vio.
Speaker 2: She never call me daddy cause they can't find that.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate that you were there for me, there for my kids.
Speaker 2: I know you do, baby, I appreciate. Now I want you to be here for me.
Speaker 1: Well, I am here for you, but I'm also you.
Speaker 2: All the time, all that the mom day's over with.
Speaker 1: No, the mom days are never over with.
Speaker 2: Gone.
Speaker 9: No, they're not.
Speaker 2: They no, they not cause you keep inviting them back.
Speaker 9: Leave more.
Speaker 10: They act girl, these are my kids and this is my house too. They're coming home for the holidays. Okay, I put my foot down.
Speaker 2: That's waiting to get the hell out. Never invite them back over for the holidays.
Speaker 7: It's just be in here.
Speaker 2: We ain't got no. We ain't gonna be able to put a tree up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put a tree up right over there.
Speaker 7: But when.
Speaker 2: If you put a tree up.
Speaker 8: Over there and then all these people come in the house, we ain't gonna be decorated.
Speaker 1: It's just five kids and five grandkids and there's about ten people.
Speaker 2: Look at the living mood.
Speaker 10: Well, then maybe we need a big house because I'm not getting rid of my kids.
Speaker 2: A bigger house.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a bigger house.
Speaker 2: Girls, that girl, we can find out all them people out of here only here. We need a bigger house.
Speaker 1: It's just for a few days during the holidays.
Speaker 2: Honey.
Speaker 1: You don't want to say Christmas caro.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, matter of fact, I want this house stage saying sid so they can they already outgrowing.
Speaker 1: And who's gonna we need a bigger house. Who's gonna help me cook?
Speaker 10: That's what we love doing, that, me and the girls cooking together, paring Christmas dinner and Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 2: You ain't no We're gonna stop this damn joke the woman in the letter. If you're gonna try to slide in and you can cook, we're gonna end the damn troup the letter can cook, We've got to try to slide into.
Speaker 8: We're gonna help you cook that. We've been trying to find out two thousands. I don't know what the little Mexican to.
Speaker 1: His name is there?
Speaker 2: Neston not.
Speaker 7: Sorry you, Steve?
Speaker 1: Are you still the man in the letter? Make up your mind?
Speaker 2: I'm man in the letter.
Speaker 8: But what you try to slide in with a cooking complimend by yourself and I ain't FeelA.
Speaker 2: Let you do it now? Surely you can't cook? Will help me cook? Anybody?
Speaker 1: I'm speaking as the woman in the letter. All Right, we gotta go, We gotta get out of here.
Speaker 10: Email us or Instagram. That's your thoughts on today's every letter at Steve Harvey f M. Or you can go to my girl Shirley. All right, coming up next more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right after this, you're.
Speaker 1: Listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, time to play comedy roulette. Let's go Bertie. Yeah, you want to explain it?
Speaker 4: Quickly, Jay, we dig four subjects. Put him on the wheel, spun the wheel. We stop, We'll do the damn dame.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 10: Things people say who don't watch television, things that know it all will say stuff you say when you break something that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Belong to you.
Speaker 13: And movie rolls, Tommy could definitely play spin the wheel.
Speaker 2: Well, we know where to hit it, but we know where it's going.
Speaker 13: What happened by mistakes? Promise you movie rolls, Tommy definitely could.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Jay oh Man, Tommy, come on.
Speaker 4: He could play the Hulk when he was a boy, The Hope all grown up, The Hope.
Speaker 2: Jesus movie, Roles Nephew.
Speaker 14: Tommy could play Thing one or Thing two in a Doctor SEUs movie.
Speaker 2: I could play Phi.
Speaker 8: You, Harvey, I can play I'll tell you what you could play better though, for the Gary Coleman story.
Speaker 4: What you talking about the story of the Jolly Green Giant?
Speaker 2: Keep me tall, Jake me tall j who he's gonna be one of the shoes. Let me see who I could play.
Speaker 11: I could play Kareem abdul Jabbar oh in the Kaream of Dude the bo movie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're.
Speaker 8: Gonna be his socks. You're getting up there, you ahead? Emanuel Lewis the Beginning.
Speaker 4: Webster. Yeah, all right, come on, what's the story of the fifty foot Man?
Speaker 2: Come on, Jake, that's all right. Remember Chucky the movie?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Tim, he gonna play the Bio Pig documentary of Chucky.
Speaker 2: He's gonna bust out of.
Speaker 7: A box and everything. Ju tom your turn.
Speaker 11: I could play, because you know I know him Shaquille O'Neal life Store.
Speaker 4: Yes you can't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, you're ready for what? You really gonna play it over bubbles my years with Michael he was.
Speaker 1: These are movie roles that Tommy definitely could play.
Speaker 10: All right, we'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here's something we saw on Facebook.
Speaker 10: Now, there was a boss who asked five coworkers who were in a meeting if they had any spare change. So this guy said, my friend was about to reach into his pocket, and a coworker grabbed his hand.
Speaker 1: To quickly start to quietly stop him from offering change.
Speaker 10: A different coworker who was eager to kiss, but said, hey, I have eighty cents. The boss said, great, I heard your change jingling throughout the meeting. Please don't bring any change into the meetings anymore.
Speaker 2: Set up.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, yes, so Steve, I got to ask you. I know you have a crazy horrible boss story.
Speaker 2: I know you do.
Speaker 8: Please yes, I mean, you know, just in my life, I thought all my bosses was horrible because first of all, my problem as every yeah, every last one of them. I never none of my boss because I didn't I didn't think none of them should be in charge of me.
Speaker 2: That was my whole damn Yeah. So I had this I had. I had a boss named Bob Cook and Cleveland at Jenny Metric uh huh. And he was.
Speaker 8: He was chastising me one time because he didn't like the way I had unloaded this truck with the tomoil. So he pulls me in the office to talk to me. Little fat, little dude, real big asstmach. He leaned back, had his foot up on the desk. He said to me, you know something, Harvey, if you could just change your work habits. I've been at this company thirty years. If you following my footsteps, you could be me. One day, WHOA, I got up and was walking out that door. He said, where are you going? I said, man, I don't want to be you and walked out that door and shut that door. Two weeks later, I was gone, okay, yeah that cost me right there, and walk out moment shut the door. I said, man, I don't want.
Speaker 9: To be you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm agreeing with Steve.
Speaker 5: Quitting takes a toll on your life, and it only hits you when you're sitting in that car. I mean, you quit inside, you got your outside, and you have already quitted. I'm saying inside, I'm not well, the hell with it.
Speaker 7: Damn it.
Speaker 5: You take your job and you know what you can do with it. Okay, I'm out this, and you add and then you walk out. Now you in the car, and then that's that's when it all hits you.
Speaker 1: Hit you, right, What did I just do?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 16: Jay?
Speaker 2: Jay? When you realize they finished sending you your last check?
Speaker 8: Yeah, ain't too many people with a job got enough savings and last man, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah six months. Very few people got six months of savings set up?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When you realize that you're off when you realize that you're off from work that day real early. I mean you off real early, like whoa, I'm off, like like eleven thirty A. M.
Speaker 2: You off.
Speaker 9: Back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ain't even making lunch. You off, and they don't call nobody because everybody else is at Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then when you called back, they all of a sudden whispering to you, and you not even now they whispering.
Speaker 2: Man, I heard you, I heard you left. I can't I gotta go. I mean, like what we were just funny? What the hell happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I got into I worked. I worked at the gap. I worked at the gap, and I'm aneath. I'm a neath fanatic, y'all know that. So my job was sure, baby gap.
Speaker 2: I worked at the gap. I'm over the sweat wall.
Speaker 11: I got the sweat wall immaculate, and I mean everything folded just it's picture purpose. And I got into it with a customer that just started pulling stuff out the sweat while trying to try and stuff and just yanking stuff out. And the manager came up saying, hey, you just do what you're supposed to do. You you fix it and you put it back. I said, what the hell you talking to I had this wall perfect over here, But what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna go down here. I went down into windows and got me a burger camera hands. I just couldn't take it.
Speaker 1: A perfect wall, really, Tommy.
Speaker 2: For him to get all them sweats up that hound that wall.
Speaker 10: Today's trending stories coming up in twenty minutes after. Right after this, you're listening Hardy Morning Show. All right, Carla, me and just some you know, just some random girls were talking. This question came up. It's like, because you know, we were taught to make up the bed when we get out, make up the bed. No what it wants to come home to an unmade bed. But in our house it's whoever is last, whoever gets up last. If I get up first, then you know Nesto has to make up the bed and he makes it up really well.
Speaker 1: I must say all about really well.
Speaker 3: Next Stone needs to call my husband Ash because he ain't making up the bed like that. He will get now, you know, because we have to be to work so early. Of course we I get up first, but he gets up early too. He'll go to the gym and all that to make sure I'm up and but nah, child, I got to come right back in there and make up the bed.
Speaker 1: Just sad, just sad.
Speaker 10: But let me let me I'm fussed and nagged enough. Okay, you've gotten it just right, all right, hey, listen, follow us, yes, follow us on social media.
Speaker 3: I'm on the Gram at my Girl Shirley and I'm at Lips by Carla. Don't worry, we'll post our bedrooms.
Speaker 1: I'll post the.
Speaker 7: Bed Yeah, all.
Speaker 10: Right, all right, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show make Up your Bed coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. We here at the Steve Every Morning Show. Love food, all of us. But there are a lot of foods we think are from other countries that are actually invented in a good old USA. And those are some of the most famous ones. Like fortune cookies invented right here. Yeah, it was actually invented in San Francisco by a Japanese American baker.
Speaker 7: Did y'all know that? Did you notice?
Speaker 1: See I didn't.
Speaker 2: Fortune cook They don't taste good.
Speaker 1: I like them with chocolate, white chocolate them, then they're good.
Speaker 2: Surely excuse me. Chocolate is the worst thing you could put in your body.
Speaker 1: I absolutely know that. But it tastes real good. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you a very wonderful health reason.
Speaker 9: And you just it.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 1: I don't eat it now, but yeah I used to, and it's delicious. Orange chicken. How about that one?
Speaker 7: That's good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: It was created in Hawaii in nineteen eighty seven by Panda Express chef Andy Kao or Kyle.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: Know who came up with the crush station? Who came up with them? They did? They do a copy?
Speaker 1: German chocolate cake came German?
Speaker 8: My mama, yeah, mama, it is. I don't know who made it. Befoult, I don't know who made it, befolt. Ain't nobody make it? Like huddle ear lost Verra Hobby greatest piece of German chocolate cake?
Speaker 10: Hold up, wow, have heard German chocolate. But anyway, it has nothing to do with Germany. It's because of its name, Samuel German that is called German.
Speaker 17: Glad people they're perfected it. Oh yes, hello, that coconut. Yeah, we've had a lot taken from us.
Speaker 9: Hey, the right that.
Speaker 2: We took we took the cake. Okay, okay, love we love German cake, all right.
Speaker 1: English muffins, English muffins from England.
Speaker 3: From England.
Speaker 10: They were actually invented in New York City in nineteen eighty four by English immigrant Samuel Bass Thomas.
Speaker 1: They were rich, they were really nothing.
Speaker 2: Let me give you some real dishes that was created right here in America.
Speaker 16: Okay, come on, what you got shit lits, yes, work it out, boy, whether they want to be or not, fried sprail yes, hot dogs and pork and beans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, American dish. All right, there you have it. You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: All right, guys, this is our last break of the day and it is time for some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey.
Speaker 8: Well, it's been a good day. Let me ask you, guys a question, just off the top of your head. What do you all and anybody can answer this question. What do you think is probably the number one cause that gets in the way of people moving forward or what has gotten in the way of you over the years from moving forward, Because I mean it happens to all of us, myself included. I'm just asking a question to the crew.
Speaker 1: Fear of failure, failure, fear of success.
Speaker 8: Sometimes trying to fix the past, wow, and lack of faith. Well, okay, let me address three things. This is a jo I'm gonna try to do this quickly. Let's talk about fixing the past. Let's talk briefly about fear, and let's talk about the fear of being successful. Let's start with the fear of being successful. A lot of people have a fear of becoming successful because they're not sure of the requirements that will be placed on them once they become successful. Some people think that they won't be able to handle the regiment of being successful, and that right there is you're not understanding how God works. God never puts you someplace He doesn't prepare you to be. Do you understand that as you become successful that you going to be tested, You're going to be challenged, You're going to be faced with all types of situations that will better you, equip you, and make you the experienced person that you need to be to be.
Speaker 2: In the place that you're going to finally wind up in it.
Speaker 8: Stop being afraid of success and understand that God is not going to put you in a room that you're not qualified or equipped to be in. That's for starters. Now, let's talk about fixing the past. You ready, you can't, you can't. You get no do overs in life. The problem that people have when they try to fix the past is because they are surrounded by people who are constantly reminding them of the past and telling them you're not this, and you're not that, and you can't do this because you did that and I remember when you did that. When you remove those people from your life who are constantly trying to remind you of your pass you will.
Speaker 2: Then lose the need to have to fix it.
Speaker 8: See, but you have to fix it when there are people in your life and including you, who keep bringing the past to the forefront to put it in your presence. That's why the Lord's prayer is simple, give us this day our daily bread.
Speaker 2: The Bible very rarely.
Speaker 8: Talks to you about your past, because it's been forgiven, it's done. I haven't read a whole lot of scriptures to help me with my past. I read a lot of scriptures that talk about Now. I read a lot of scriptures that talks about faith, the belief in things that you cannot see, trusting in his word, holding on to his unchanging hand, realizing that all things are possible through him. I read a lot of scriptures about that, but nothing is more prevalent in our life today than the Lord's prayer, which clearly says, give us this day our daily bread, because tomorrow you have no control over Now. You can have hopes for tomorrow, you can have plans for tomorrow, you can have visions and aspirations for tomorrow. But everything about tomorrow, which I have finally learned, should, should be tempered with the remark if it's God's will and in God's timing. That way, it releases me from having to be worried about the timing of an event, because just because it's been denied, just because it's been delayed, does not mean that it's been denied.
Speaker 2: I had to learn that. So fixing your past can't be done. What's done is done.
Speaker 8: First thing you want to do about fixing the past, remove people from your life who are constantly reminding you of your past. And then, secondly, forgive yourself, just as God has done. I used to do it to myself all the time. Even at my daughter's wedding, I made the statement I said, I've spent all of my adult life trying to fix the mistakes I made as a young man. You know what Bishop Jakes told me, who was at my daughter's when he said you're too hard on yourself. He said, you're too hard on yourself. You need to stop doing that to yourself, Steve, And he was right because I keep trying to do that and I had to stop. And last, but not least, let's just talk about fear itself. The majority of us have a fear of success and a fear of failure because we don't have a strong enough relationship with God. I'm telling you, man, God e raises fear. God puts you in a comfort zone. I mean, if you think about it just for a second. Everybody, everything that you've ever gone through, and I've said this, I can't tell you how many times on the show.
Speaker 2: Everything you've gone through, every challenge you've.
Speaker 8: Ever had, every setback, every hardship, you've managed somehow to this point to get past all of them. Your track record for surviving rough days and challenges is one hundred percent. Why would God not continue to do that for you. Lose your fear because God is near. Lose your fear because God is near. Those are the three things I wanted to address. Thank you for giving me those closing remarks, I have a great day.
Speaker 2: Talk to God. He'd love to hear from you. See you tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Bye.
Speaker 10: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void wear prohibit. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit STEVEHARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.