Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time, y'all don't know y'all but all at all, So.
Speaker 2: Don't given them all black a million bus busy.
Speaker 3: Listening to other.
Speaker 4: I don't joy joy.
Speaker 5: You know you.
Speaker 6: Love you.
Speaker 4: Gotta turn.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 4: I got to turn the mouth turn probably got to turn mouth turn out, turn.
Speaker 1: The money up, come come out. You'll think that, Uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now, want and only see Harvey got a radio show. Five things that I know successful people have to do to be successful. The principles are the same. You can apply it to anything, you know, if you want to be happily married, you know, whatever it is. The principles of success are the same. There are a series of things that you have to do. You cannot skip the steps of success. If you do, you're going to have to go back and step on them. Anyway.
Speaker 1: So he's his.
Speaker 7: Here's here's a part man that I want you all to understand about me and and and and about how to look at it. You know, you you cannot underestimate faith and prayer, You just can't. You cannot underestimate the power of faith and the power of prayer.
Speaker 1: See for me, this is just for me. Now, this ain't in the scripture nowhere. This is just something I discovered. What prayer did for me was was it tied me to my creator.
Speaker 7: It gave me a sense and I'm describing it this way, but I'm telling you it's deeper than this. But it gave me a sense that I wasn't alone, and at actuality I wasn't. But prayer helped connect me to the power source that was available to me to get through, get around, or get over whatever it was that was in the way, whether it was just a period I stretched, I had to go through hard work, It had to period I had to go through to learn some life lessons, some periods I had to go through from having to pay for some of the mistakes I've made. Whatever the case may be, Prayer gave me a decided advantage, especially oh here we go, especially over my enemies. Now, the majority of people in my life that were my enemies, I didn't want them to be my enemies, make no mistake about this. But through the thing called life, some things went down, Some things happened from here and then went over here in that way, and a person became my enemy. The majority of enemies I had came out of nowhere. I have no reason to even see why they are my enemies. But you know, life goes on, man. It happens from time to time. Some people just won't let it go. See some people, in their quest to do something to you or to make you pay, they just won't let it go. But it may cause you some discomforting and some of it may be lies about you and all of this and all of that, but you that that can't prohibit you from going forward.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is.
Speaker 7: Prayer gave me the strength, wisdom understanding the carriage to either go through it, go around it, or go over it. But it happened. I do not know how I could have made it. Without faith and without prayer. It would have something would have got me. YouTube would have got me. The bloggers would have got me. My partners that I grew up with that used to laugh behind my back, they would have got me. My friend that went over my mother's house one time and told her, you know what Steve's problem is?
Speaker 1: He out there telling them jokes. He just lazy. He don't want to work that would have got me. They didn't know.
Speaker 7: I ain't really mad at them because they were just All they was doing was based in their conversations and pasting judgment based on what they knew, based on what they believed. They didn't believe I was gonna make it. But that's them though. If it was not for faith, which is the belief in things that you cannot see, I wouldn't have made it because I would have listened to everybody else who didn't see me getting here and went along with it.
Speaker 1: And then prayer.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, man, how many times has prayer bailed me out? Prayer has bailed me out, press still bailing me out. Tell you the truth, man, quiet as it's kept prayer, that connection to your heavenly Father, that connection to your creator, that connection to that source of power and inspiration, that connection of never feeling that you were alone.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I was watching Bishop Jakes on TV yesterday and it was a repeat and one of the things he was talking about, well, let me just get to the gist of it. I was going through a portion of my life and I went through it for some years, y'all. I had gotten myself into a jam that lasted for years. I'm telling you, for years, with some serious consequences to follow.
Speaker 1: For years. And I was so busy looking at where I was at.
Speaker 7: I was sulking sometimes, Man, I'd get on the radio, Man, I'd be just done. I was sulking. My my spirit had gotten low. I had gotten tired of the fight and would I would come on some mornings, man, and I would try try not to let on, but I was hurting. I was because I had been in it for years. Man, I had been in this thing for years, and one thing I was doing. I was so busy looking at where I was at. And when I was watching Bishop Jakes he preached his sermon. He was talking about so busy looking at where you at.
Speaker 1: That you don't even realize that God has been with you the entire time.
Speaker 7: And you know what, Man, just yesterday, just yesterday, I heard this and I text him. I text Bishop Jakes, and I thanked him because it was an old message I could tell. And I called text him up and I said, Man, thank you so much. I was just watching you on TV and you told me, Man, something that I that I'll always remember that whatever you're going through, that he's there with you the whole time. But see when sometimes when you're so busy looking at where you at, you won't even notice where he is. And see sometimes, man, that that helped me, and that's going to help me in the future to realize that what I'm going through, that he's there. He's there with me, and he gonna protect me, and he ain't gonna let my enemies overcome me, and he ain't gonna let nobody overtake me, and he ain't gonna let me go under because he's there.
Speaker 1: It's just you can't be so busy looking at where you at that you don't take notice of where he at.
Speaker 7: God is always there, He's always available, And the best way to tap into that and know it is you got to pray.
Speaker 1: Prayer has changed my life. Prayer can change your life.
Speaker 7: You can become something if you just praying. Show ladies and gentlemen, let me have your attention. Please make this announcement perfectly clear and get the word out. Steve Harvey is back, in the words of LTD, back in love, getting mixed emotions, and I have those mixed emotions right now because I'm so grateful to be back. But I wanted to stay gone. I don't know if you've had that moment before. Glad to be back, but wanted to stay gone. You say to yourself, Steve, why would you want to stay gone? Well, because I was free, because I didn't have to worry about what I said. I ain't war about nobody what y'all think. I like waking up and not having an opinion today. I like waking up and not being judged. But I'm back, So let the judge and begin whatever. I love my life. Man, come home with it. Bring it, whoever you are, let's have it. You understand, bring it. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show, Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica, that damn Junior and the legend that is Nephew Tommy. I want to say thank you for holding it down while I was gone, even though I must admit those fellas, I wasn't really concerned about it.
Speaker 1: You were what I didn't really kicking is so hard and balling so well, well, I want to let me.
Speaker 7: I want to sum it up a little differently than that. Okay, I really didn't care. You know, somebody said, ain't you wear it? I said, worried about what about your show?
Speaker 1: I say they got it. Hell, what they're gonna do mess their career?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You think that these people ain't got enough sense to hold it down and together just for their damn self, not till I get back, period. You know, they do have responsibilities. All of these people are feeding other people. Yes, yes, so, ladies and gentlemen were back. Thank you so much. There's gonna be a great day. I'm gonna be off the chain today. And also, ladies and gentlemen, happy birthday.
Speaker 1: To our very old Shirley Strawberry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thanks guys, Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 1: What number?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: What number we looking at? Thirty one? Are we doing? Multiplication now? Okay?
Speaker 3: Division?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Square roof? However, yeah, vision what it is?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 10: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back.
Speaker 3: Right after this. You're listening hard morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 11: What you got for his nev I got one for you, Shirley. This right here is quarterback snick.
Speaker 7: Since I've been off, I'm gonna be interjecting in all y'all segment, Well, come on in just well you know, ain't like I got none by myself. No, how so now I'm today, I'm just gonna do like hell, name one segment I.
Speaker 1: Do by myself? Well, no, surely be asked a question.
Speaker 7: Hell no, y'all in that y'all think it's y'all sigts.
Speaker 9: Go.
Speaker 1: Let's go and cut that out right now. Roscoe? Okay, oh, Roscoe, is you in the car? Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know what, man, you got them? You got them closing remarks, that's what you got close. Well, I got to wait till the end of the show to have it. That's how I sit here for damn the four hours and wait on that. Y'all go ahead in the meantime, Yeah, so go ahead, So for three hours and fifty minutes, I'll just be sitting here.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's go.
Speaker 11: Quarterback Sneak, quarterback sneak. That's the running the prank back quarter back. Let's go get.
Speaker 5: Hello that streak. The cans is this? They care? This is Tony. Are you Isaiah's mama?
Speaker 12: Excuse me?
Speaker 5: You are you Isaiah's mama?
Speaker 12: Yeah? I am right, Who are you?
Speaker 5: My name is Tony. I'm Deandre's daddy, DeAndre. They played on this past season. They played on the football team. They played on the on the Seahawks together.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, but like, why are you calling me?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm calling you for a particular reason. Let me tell you what's going on this whole past football season, Jr. Son, Isaiah, he was the starting quarterback.
Speaker 12: Right, yeah, he's Yeah, he's a certain quarterback. He works real hard. Like that's I said this.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me let me go say. I already know that my son DeAndre is way better than your son, Isaiah. I already know that all right now. I ain't get to excuse you. No, I ain't no excuse me. I'm not gonna excuse myself about this. I've been waiting to get you on the phone so I can tell you exactly what's going on. Let me tell you something when when the season come back around, when they getting ready to play again, I'm telling you right now, my son DeAndre gonna be start. Please know that. Trust me. I'll swear to you. I know what you did for your Excuse me.
Speaker 12: Sir, excuse me you you who do you think you are calling me telling me that your son is gonna take my son's.
Speaker 8: Position on the team.
Speaker 5: How do you even have my number? I got? I got your number from a reliable sort one of the parents gave me your number.
Speaker 12: But what's like, what kind of mental problems you got calling my house telling me about how your son is. So your son is like not barely even on the team, he's not even starting.
Speaker 5: Okay, now my son ain't start. Okay, well he gonna be starting next year. Okay, But I know what you did for your son to be start, trust me, I know what you did. Cans, I didn't do anything.
Speaker 12: My son earned his positions. So I mean, I don't I don't really get what you're saying here. You're talking about talking to some big game about your son taking my son's position.
Speaker 8: Life.
Speaker 12: First of all, I don't even know who you are. I don't know how you got my number. Like these these are kids, it's really not that serious. Like their kids out there having a good time, trying to play a game. Like I haven't seen you at a game.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't know what you think you are stepping up being like my son is gonna take your son's position, Like, what kind of crazy are you you're calling me out of nowhere, out of that. You're calling me nowhere, out of the clear blue. I'm just minding my business.
Speaker 5: My son is playing this game. Who the are you and why are you calling me like I ain't been to no games, but I'm gonna be there on next season. I'll be there. Okay, okay, I mean you could try, You could try.
Speaker 12: You might not want to come to your son still ain't.
Speaker 5: Starting, But let's come and get to the reason why, Cayle you, I already know why your son starts, because he's going on what what?
Speaker 12: No, my son is starting because he earned his position. He's the best on the team.
Speaker 5: You're saying, Nick Cannons, But are you sure your son ain't starting because maybe you maybe you slept, maybe you slept with coach Brian. What wait, excuse you look like did you did you? Did you sleep with coach Brian so your son can get your position?
Speaker 1: Did you do that?
Speaker 12: Yeah, mama swept the coach.
Speaker 5: Be coach Brian with her dry That's why your son ain't playing.
Speaker 12: Who the do you think you are accusing me of sleeping with a coach.
Speaker 8: Hey, Hey, I'm just I'm just letting you know I know what you did for your You don't know, you don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, So so so you you singing you ain't self coach Brad, that's what you're saying. So Isaay are starting because he just because they just picked him the start.
Speaker 12: You are crazy. First of all, you're gonna have to talk to my husband because these accusations are ridiculous and out of control. But I don't know who the do you think you are in the house accusing me of sleeping with the coach my son earned his positions on the team. It's like, what the who do you.
Speaker 5: Think you are? You are pray brother? Who is your hook? Who is that?
Speaker 12: My husband is Curtis? So you don't know because you ain't never showed up for your own damn son.
Speaker 5: Okay, Curtis, you'll your little n ain't Curtis? Okay, Okay, So I tell you I need I need to talk to Curtsey. That's what I need to do.
Speaker 12: Oh, you're gonna want to talk to Curtis the You're gonna catch some thing man from Curtis with that mouth.
Speaker 5: Okay, all good. So, so so let me answer you this.
Speaker 8: This you saw my Curtish the drive trucks that Curtis I'm.
Speaker 6: Talking about Curtis my husband in my house.
Speaker 12: You don't know who we are because you ain't never sowed up.
Speaker 5: You ain't nobody. Your kid is nobody. His host, don't call his book.
Speaker 12: And you need to crawl back into whatever the hall you came out of because I am not here for this.
Speaker 5: Curtains is a truck driver, right, yeah, you lucky.
Speaker 12: He ain't your stover yet.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, you shoud my Curtis. No, no, no, Can I tell you something else that I don't find out about Curtis? Did I tell you that I don't?
Speaker 12: I don't, I don't. I kind of don't want to hear anything that comes out of your mouth At this point.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you we don This is the last thing I'm gonna say my mouth. Can I just tell you what I know about Curtis?
Speaker 12: You better make it quick.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna make it quick. Curtis got me the plank phone. Call you. This is nephew Tommy can just from the Steam Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by YO purchased?
Speaker 12: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: We're on the radio right now. No, you are all right now, but you're gonna be on in the morning though.
Speaker 12: Oh my goodness, like my heart is racing right now.
Speaker 5: The camphone and tear off your throat.
Speaker 12: You're kidding me. My husband put you.
Speaker 5: Up to this. Your husband got me to call you.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 5: You said your son is amazing quarterback. I said, cool, We're gonna do this, yo. You don't understand.
Speaker 12: My chest feels like a vice right now. I want to kick you when I can throw.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, all right, kenn you got to tell me one thing. What's the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 12: Steve Harvey in the morning? Oh my gum can sweating?
Speaker 9: Yo?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, nephew.
Speaker 10: Coming up next, it is as the Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey as the clo right to this. You're listening Hardy Morning show coming up at the top of the hour and Entertainment News Steve. We want all the details of your vacation. Uh, you know how we love to hear your stories.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happen, ship, Why not. I got enough going on as it is.
Speaker 3: We don't hate you.
Speaker 1: We love you. For a month for a month.
Speaker 3: You need a detox.
Speaker 10: Also, we're going to tell you about the behind the scenes fun of our recent photo shoot. That was a lot of fun, and you know, it was NonStop laughs. And that's all coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the c l O ready, clo. Here we go, Sophia in Jersey City, Rights. My husband left me a message. Thing he was He didn't hang up his phone, and after a while I heard a woman giggling. He said it was his car radio. If he was at work. Why would I hear his car radio on the message?
Speaker 3: Is he lying?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: You know, sometimes, ladies, I'm just gonna have to say, you know, sometimes our mistake is we make the bad choice in the lie.
Speaker 1: You know, we make a bad choice in the line.
Speaker 7: Now, was he working like it could have been possible, but the laughter in the back was the car radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's just listen to this.
Speaker 7: When the last time you listened to your radio and you heard just one single woman giggling?
Speaker 1: Right, So if you go, lie, Fellers.
Speaker 7: We need to be a little bit more thoughtful and put smoke thought into the lie. My favorite thing on the website right now. Is the dude that was at his daughter's one year birthday party and his wife walked in, who was not invited to the party, who did not know he had a one year old.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: This dude's lie was the most ridiculous set of life.
Speaker 13: He said, this is my niece.
Speaker 7: He said, this is my sister. The lady said, why are you here? This is his baby's birthday party. The body said, I don't know nothing about no baby. He got outside. He said, I told you. She said, when you tell me? He said, you were sleep. He said, but if this is your sister and this is your niece, how is this your baby? Is this your baby or not? He said badly, badly, my dude, Yeah, I do it right here. I wish y'all could find it on life. It was the worst settle eyes or.
Speaker 1: In his own. He had the baby in his own He was holding the baby. I committed, you were proud of a little bit man. No, no, no, no, this was the worst life.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, you're bad. Tammy in pleasant Town. I'm forty years old and my husband thinks he is my father. He recently went through my closet and told me he doesn't like half of my wardrobe and I need to dress more like a forty year old. I told him that'll never happen. Why is he tripping?
Speaker 9: Why? What?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: I guess he was saying, you need to dress more like a forty year old, and you said that will never happen. I probably Obviously you're forty, and you got some stuff in there forever from forever twenty one. You're gonna hang on to that. You finished, You have decided that your ass is forever twenty one, and he wants you to come on up to forty, and that'll never happen. So what he has to look forward to, You're gonna be fifty five with a closet full of stuff from forever twenty one and all this hilp.
Speaker 1: Now, I just want you to know now that what you look like right now forty.
Speaker 7: Eyahn, no guarantee you'll have that same thing at fifty five.
Speaker 1: So now you can keep wearing the stuff at forever twenty one. But you're not tripping well because he he might have seen the change that you ain't noticed.
Speaker 7: You see, and so like what I'm thinking about now, I'm coming up with a new women's store to come back forever twenty one that, Yeah, I'm gonna call it.
Speaker 1: You ain't twenty one? Yeah, I need to stop there, jeans, you know all right?
Speaker 10: Moving on to a vib in kalamazoo. This is I keep getting spam calls that are ruining my marriage. I've shown my husband my phone and I've answered a few calls in front of him.
Speaker 3: Now he wants my pass code. I'll give him mind if he gives me his. But he won't. Why can't he trust me?
Speaker 1: Why can't he trust you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: That him not giving you his past code? Ain't got nothing doing to him. Don't he don't trust you?
Speaker 1: You got to remember, some lady, sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
Speaker 7: If I keep you back pedaling, you can't well, you can't run forward and back pedal at the same time.
Speaker 1: So if I got you back pedland, you can't come forward.
Speaker 7: Now he on your past code to prove that you ain't cheating with these spam calls. I don't know what spam call you getting, but it's all it's all out there now, y'all. They trying everything. So now, but he ain't gonna give you his past code. See, we now have a problem. Yeah, now, could it be that he wants to create a problem with you and these spam calls to keep you off balanced, that's your question.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm, okay, so should she pursue it? Give me yours and I'll give you mine.
Speaker 1: Well, he just tells you he not giving. He can't give you here.
Speaker 3: That's what it is, right there.
Speaker 1: And no where in hell he give you here? Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Last one, Steve, Last one.
Speaker 10: Briella Nashville writes that my siblings are a lot older than I am. I am not close with them, so I had no idea that I was dating my stepsister's little brother. We have no blood relation, but the family thinks it's a sin. We've been keeping our relationship hidden, but he wants to take me to a wedding. Should I care about what my family thinks?
Speaker 7: Well, you care about what they think. You're not close to them. You're dating your step sister's brother. Your stepsister is not your real sister, right, she's your sister by marriage. You dating her brother. It's all in the family. It's really nothing wrong with what y'all doing. It's really not but you know, old black people, now, it's a sin. That's a sin to date your sister's brother. Well, it's my stepsister, who really isn't my sister? Yeah, I mean really what her and the little boy, little guy doing is nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: So now you just have to you know, you know.
Speaker 7: They care because they they trying to make something out of nothing. And you know they're all them old lass people. Ain't got nobody, don't want you to have nobody.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we'll have some entertainment news for you, Steve.
Speaker 1: Now you now you know, if something wrong, if the baby look a little strange.
Speaker 3: Right, you're listening Harvey Morning Show. Steve Harvey is back. Welcome back, Steve.
Speaker 1: Getting mixed and motion and I'm having them right now. Hold, come cut up there. Every time I move, I loose, when I'm letting no men, every time I talk the wrong backing love, I get mixed.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's how I felt. Thank you, Dave, That's exactly how I felt. Now to the vacation, It's no way I can tell you how hard I was balling.
Speaker 1: It's no way. The hate. Hate is too real.
Speaker 7: So let me find a palatable way to tell you about the vacation.
Speaker 1: I can tell you this, if you keep the faith and you are willing to put in the work. Uh huh.
Speaker 7: Now that's the key. Now you have to be willing to put in the work. The work that's required to make your dreams come true is significant. So I need you to understand going in that it really does require and all out of salt it make it your dreams come true.
Speaker 1: But God will help you the entire way.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 7: So if somebody asked me on the vacation, they say, so, hey, man, you still do dream boards vision boys? I said, yeah, matter of fact, I did a new one on this trip. And they said, you seem to have everything. What else you need?
Speaker 1: What you need all that for? I said, no, no, no, no, no, you don't understand.
Speaker 7: I don't need me. God been and covered the needs. I'm in the wont section of life. I don't need a car, I don't need nowhere to live, I don't need no clothes, I don't need a job.
Speaker 1: I don't need I got all of that coveting, as do a lot of people. Right.
Speaker 7: So now all you got to do when you go to God is increased the wants, be grateful and show gratitude that the needs are covet and never take those needs for granted and show gratitude for all that he has done for you, because he had to get my attention last year because in the latter part of the year I was working so hard on this new deal, thinking that this is the one that could get me over there you're humping blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And God had to sit me down and go get you over? What humpy?
Speaker 7: How many humps I got to get you over for? You realize that you over and you humped us? Really you're humped us to be honest.
Speaker 1: With Okay, he set me down, and the way he got my attention was with my health.
Speaker 7: You know, I stay in shape a little bit and everything, and drink may elevate you, but you know, you got it's some other stuff that could happen in your life.
Speaker 1: So I had to go.
Speaker 7: And so after I Scott sat down and started looking at everything, I came home.
Speaker 1: I said, wait, man, man, if that deal don't ever go down, what what do that?
Speaker 7: Hey? Man? Do you understand what he done done for you? Do you understand how many needs he's taken care of? Why don't you be grateful for that? And so I had to really, really focus on that, and it caused me to look at things differently. So no, I'm not in the need business. I'm in the wont business. So now when I go to God, I can go to God clear thank you for all You've given me and covering all my needs.
Speaker 1: And now I'm coming to you with this special petition.
Speaker 7: I would love to be fanturally free and security. All you can go to God and say, I would love to have an abundance a cup that's overflowing. Now, if you can do it the smart way and ask him to do it his way as I didn't do because I kept telling him how to bless me. If you can submit to his will for you and realize that his will for you is for you to prosper. God's will for you is to prosper. The devil's job is to rob you of your destiny. So at my point in this life right here, I'm so full of needs being covered. All I'm doing is wants. Now, you can't get mad at me because I want something you don't want. But the reason I want something you don't want is because I've seen some things you may not have seen. Like Tommy, say you humpless see I've been. I've been over so many humps and hills. I won't see why this one looks so big, why I can't have at And then I get inspiration from other people. I might see something somebody else doing that I wasn't aware of, and I go, man, I didn't know that was doable.
Speaker 1: Hey, God, can I have that too?
Speaker 3: But Steve, I gotta ask you this. Did you have fun? Where's the fun? I want to hear if you have?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It wasn't you know?
Speaker 7: It's different from me now, sugar, because I found out about fun enjoy.
Speaker 1: Fun is manufactured. Yeah, yeah, I had a couple of.
Speaker 7: Manufacturing moments, but that don't really last though. I had so much peace on my vacation, so much mental clarity.
Speaker 1: You know, Man, I woke up. You know what I discovered.
Speaker 7: You don't have to plan nothing, man, chilling, man, just man. My wife told me, Steve, stop putting yourself on the schedule. You so disciplined that you got to do something in a certain order every day. Just wake up and do what you want to do. And I found out that was nothing.
Speaker 3: And of course you missed us right.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 10: Coming up next, we'll talk about Mitch McConn and what happened to him on the Senate floor.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Morning show. Well, Wednesday, during a.
Speaker 10: Republican leadership news conference, Senate Majority Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell suddenly stopped speaking for a total of nineteen seconds before being escorted from the mic by his aides. McConnell said he was fine, but he got lightheaded for a moment. When asked if he could continue, McConnell said yeah, and he walked back to the podium unassisted to do a Q and A. Now, of course, we are glad so far that Senator McConnell is okay, but is he too old to hold this position? The Republicans, you know, they're always talking about President Biden's age, and Mitch McConnell is a year older than President Biden.
Speaker 5: So now what.
Speaker 1: You know what it is? That's that look.
Speaker 11: That's that look you see when you when you did after the house and you didne left your cell phone on a nice stand.
Speaker 1: That's that look.
Speaker 11: Well, that's that thought that oh my god, I think my I didn't left my damn phone at that house.
Speaker 1: That's that's that look. Yeah, shocking and get it when I see that home.
Speaker 3: So look, when you're not doing that for nineteen seconds.
Speaker 1: My phone is on that damn nice thing.
Speaker 8: What you think?
Speaker 7: I see a lot of people laughed, but I was sitting there.
Speaker 1: I was going because I've lost my train of thought before. Yeah, we all have, we all do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I'm like, I'm talking about like in front of a lot of people, like on the they asking you a question. I do it a lot of the interviews, like people ask me a question. And when I'm asking a question, I think of an analogy. And then after I do the analogy, M what was it?
Speaker 1: Question? I don't forgot the damn question.
Speaker 3: Who hasn't done that?
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, I've done that a hundred times at least. Yeah. Yeah, so I don't really know. They called him and checked on him, President Biden.
Speaker 7: He did call him, well, you know, oh, old people got sick together though, Yeah, yeah, you know you gotta hey, because you know he knows, because you know Biden, No, he mcconar a year older.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, let me ask you something. You've been drinking, prune juice? Anything?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Old people compare notes different. Hey, Mitch, how you doing?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: I saw you out there to day because that kind of happened to me the other day. Well, let let me ask something, man, Well what what what you just was?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 7: Because you know, we all know that's why it wasn't funny than me, because I was going, oh, a group of boy because what I'll do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, we'll just have to keep an eye on him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got to keep on. I ain't got time to keep on here. We got time.
Speaker 7: What happens in the Senate, That's what I want. Hey man, I'm trying to watch myself.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up next.
Speaker 10: It's been a minute, but our guy Roscoe Wallace is back in the building.
Speaker 1: Roscoe.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from him right after this. You're listening hard morning show. Well, ladies and gentlemen, Roscoe is.
Speaker 1: Back right already. We missed you the moment. We're good.
Speaker 5: Are you.
Speaker 3: Welcome back?
Speaker 1: Roscoe? Mar Rope bro Het girl? Miss what's that a wish? Tommy tom My dog? Whatever one would you? When you sweet.
Speaker 7: Legend, how's all your integratfiicient fish?
Speaker 1: When you look on which you whoa what did they? Whoa?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: They came free you got. I was yeah, yeah, good.
Speaker 3: Good, good man.
Speaker 1: One call him. Hey, look, Roscoe, you ready, let's get in ready, what come on? Okay, let's start this thing out.
Speaker 14: First of all, Roscoe, you got to sing Happy birthday to Sharlet Strawberry.
Speaker 1: Today is her birthday. Let's go, Roscoe, Lady hat day to hat big bear day to shut up? Half be bir day, Hat be buff, dave hat be buff, they.
Speaker 7: Be birthday. You know when I a Stevee, you know, cause you know they had a white song.
Speaker 1: For years, you know like that.
Speaker 7: You the white folk though ain't got no motion with nothing, they stay happy. Did that sound like a birthday or a damn funeral? And black people knew it, and you know, we let him have it for a while, and then Stevene just said, come on, man, we gotta do something. So he called me up he the rock over which meal. Yeah, he said, you if you ever thought of it, have you ever done anything with the birthday song?
Speaker 1: I ain't here yet. And then I gave it to him that the original version was slowed down.
Speaker 3: Do you hear what he's saying?
Speaker 1: I'm trying.
Speaker 14: So you're sitting here on this radio show. Yeah to tell us that you Stevie Wonder called you for the happy Birthday song that we all sing.
Speaker 1: As black people. Okay, let me okay, let me ask you a question. I'm listening. Did you get a call.
Speaker 3: You I hate?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, are we're at this? Yeah? Klo okay, all right?
Speaker 9: Have ye?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right? Roscoe. So Steve just came back from vacation. Can you sing cruising?
Speaker 8: I love?
Speaker 1: And when we're cruising to jail up maybe you fly away?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 1: In my way?
Speaker 7: I loved when we're cruising to jail them to.
Speaker 1: Cruise with me?
Speaker 7: Baby, I was waiting in hope. Did you say, what do smoke you think about it? Smokey better?
Speaker 1: Thank the Lord. I gave it to her.
Speaker 5: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear because I don't want to graded here. Let's take it to Chicago.
Speaker 5: Shot.
Speaker 9: It was the.
Speaker 1: Coldest day of my life. See her face everywhere. I hunt on the streets and even not to picture her show. Have you seen her? Oh? Tell me, have you seen her?
Speaker 8: Why? Oh?
Speaker 1: Why do you just have to leave me? Go away?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Whooah?
Speaker 3: Frank phone call coming up next.
Speaker 1: Having some more to come on lw oh baby, I'm low.
Speaker 10: Oh shoot, you're listening hard morning show coming up out about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is I'd rather live in my truck than with my wife?
Speaker 8: What whoa?
Speaker 3: We'll find out what that's all about. Yeah, that doesn't sound.
Speaker 1: Good, just moving around in there.
Speaker 10: Yes, right now we'll get into the strawberry letter and just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call.
Speaker 3: What you got for his nest?
Speaker 11: We're gonna put a little love on this, Shirley, a little love on it. This right here is love, et cetera. He love, love, etcetera. All right, but you're gonna need that etcetera. Though, now is it etc?
Speaker 1: Or e c T. I never could get that right, is it? When you do? Etc?
Speaker 11: Et cetera? Rush, I damn, so don't know how to spend it? But etcetera. Okay, this is love. You would think if I if I title my prank that I at least would know. But anyway, love, let's go kicked off? You would you would think I would.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach out.
Speaker 6: Kayl ka, oh no, she's not here right now?
Speaker 8: Who's speaking?
Speaker 9: This is doctor Albert Listen. I was giving a call. Are you able to leave a message forward for me?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 9: Would you let her know her sessions will be on Wednesdays at seven thirty?
Speaker 8: Sesss? What sess are you talking about? Session?
Speaker 9: Well? Actually she signed up for last an eight week class and it's every Wednesday night at seven point thirty.
Speaker 8: Okay, what classes are you talking about? What kind of class?
Speaker 9: This is? Love et cetera?
Speaker 6: Have you heard of us?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: Okay, Well let me kind of give you a little briefing here. Caitlyn actually came in and filled out to take some classes, and we're Love et cetera. So we teach different things.
Speaker 8: What is it like a seminar or something.
Speaker 9: Well, we teach poor play, intimacy, sensual massages and things like that. And she I was actually here when she came and filled out the paperwork. She said she wanted to screwce up her love life with her husband. Are you her husband?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, I'm a husband. But what I'm saying is it is like like a joint thing. Am I supposed to be there? Or something.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, no, this is actually her wanting to actually, if you don't know about it, I'm assuming she wants to surprise you and show you some different things when when she finishes her sessions?
Speaker 8: So when did when did she come in? Like she came in. Where are y'all located?
Speaker 9: First of all, okay, well you actually came in a couple of weeks ago, and she filled out the paperwork. We're in the downtown area. She filled it out. She said she was very excited. She wanted to do some different things for her husband. We just asked her she gets here a little earlier, probably fifteen minutes earlier, so she can shower and put a robe on, and then we can we can start class.
Speaker 8: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa whoa, whoa whoa shower, shower and rolls. What's that? What's that for?
Speaker 9: I mean, you're not you're not upset about this, are you?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 8: I mean, I ain't gonna follow with you know us we mean we know. I mean we married a couple.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: So you know anything the spices, the spice of the marriage. But you know, as far as me not being involved in her going out to bar so and you're talking about taking the bath and robe and all this other stuff. Man, she don't need to be there for no for no mess like that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: Well, no, no, sir, it's nothing like that. I mean it's it's it's basically a class where people get in touch with her with their sensitive side and you get to actually, you know, you learn about four play. What what takes you talk about?
Speaker 8: You're talking about eight weeks though, eight weeks?
Speaker 6: Eight weeks like that, sir?
Speaker 8: You must you must have ya even eight weeks.
Speaker 6: Musten to me. It's only one night a week, it's only on Wednesday, so really only have.
Speaker 9: Eight sessions eight sessions exactly.
Speaker 8: Okay, So why why did she have to have a robe?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 8: I mean watch he not watch she does not showing up at the work or whatever.
Speaker 9: Well, you have to bring your rope, sir. Everyone showers and then they put their robe on and we we actually coached them through here's how four play goes. Here's the intimacy, here's sensual massaging.
Speaker 8: No no, no, no, fan you get you're getting it twisted. What I'm asking you is you you you're really not explaining yourself with enough like, what do y'all do? Like I say, the class like a classroom said. If I'm in the class, I'm taking a class. There's nobody touching me. Ain't no, ain't no cold coming off, Ain't nobody taking no group showers, caring on what you got You's.
Speaker 9: Nothing, nothing like that at all. But we do come in contact with our sensual side. Now she will have a partner in class, she'll deal with that one partner. It's not until the fourth session that we really get into some strong physical context.
Speaker 8: What are you talking about out? What are you talking about? You're talking about a partner like you're talking about another woman, like about teammate or something. What you're talking about you.
Speaker 9: Call about another Do everyone has the opposite sex partner?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you gotta be out your mind, sir, don't even when you call Why are you even? Why are you even calling me with this right here?
Speaker 9: And if you have to understand, I'm I wasn't calling you. I was trying to reach miss Kaylen.
Speaker 8: I don't care who are you trying to reach?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 8: You call it my house talking about my wife on some rogue. There's some partners and they don't get physical to the fourth session of carry. It ain't gonna be no physical at all, sir.
Speaker 9: Basically, your wife is trying to surprise you with a good thing.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, hold on you just hold on.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna get this straightened out real quick.
Speaker 6: Hold on, wait wait wait, wait, what are you What are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna call my wife. That's what I'm not saying.
Speaker 6: Okay, what you don't understand she's trying to It's not good for you to call.
Speaker 8: She wants to surprise you my wife. You had me hand on my wife the way I want to handle it. You hold on, hold on, state this row. You called me back when you get this message. Called me back at the house as soon as you get.
Speaker 6: To serve Hello, Yeah, sir, she wants to surprise you.
Speaker 8: Well we surprise already all right. The first of all, she ain't gonna be coming down to y'all little sessions. Well, what do y'all say? Y'all do located that again?
Speaker 9: We love, etcetera. Is there in the downtown area?
Speaker 8: How much this thing folds? The cost anyway?
Speaker 9: Well, like I said, she signed up for eight sessions. It's one session per week. It's one hundred dollars these sessions. She's already plaid the eight hundred dollars, sir.
Speaker 6: She need to tell you what she's paid in full to do all eight sessions.
Speaker 8: Man, I know else she ain't paying no eight hundred dollars to y'all.
Speaker 6: She's starting this coming winning.
Speaker 8: She won't be there. I'm gonna tell you that right now. And if you if you got any of that money, you got any of my money down there, you better be coming back with it. I'm sorry downtown, y'all, Downtown. I work downtown, So guess what. I will be there tomorrow to get my money.
Speaker 9: You love, etcetera. Is non refundable when people sign up for these class you can't change your mind like that.
Speaker 8: Look, man, that's paperwork. Don't tell me about what's not refundable, what's refundable, what's not refundable. If I sure up, I'm gonna have my money back right in, Mi aim, Chris?
Speaker 9: Would it make it? Would you feel a little bit more comfortable if I was her partner doing the sessions?
Speaker 8: Are you married, sir?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 8: You are? Okay, so let me have a session with your wife. I do or year with your wife?
Speaker 6: My wife my wife works for other men in the sessions that all find.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna go and knock get a wife down for about a good you know ye or whatever, and then we're gonna see how you like.
Speaker 9: Sir, sir, I'm not gonna go back and forth.
Speaker 8: We ain't gonna at the fourth I'm gonna come down there. I'm gonna get my mother back, and I'm gonna go on for with my with my business. And then don't call this house no more. Don't worry about my wife. Take your name off the little ledgend or whatever. Ain't gonna being no classes player nothing.
Speaker 9: We're nine refundable. I keep telling you that.
Speaker 8: Now, who do you think you're waising?
Speaker 6: Your voice said, sir, I'm talking to you. I keep telling you we're non refundable.
Speaker 8: Don't tell me it's not refundable. Did he go to any sessions yet?
Speaker 9: No, she has not very there.
Speaker 8: I didn't use the service there, right.
Speaker 9: But we've already partnered her up. We already have a partner for her.
Speaker 8: Can't about that partner. Let the partner use your wife about dad.
Speaker 9: Hey, sir, quit bringing my wife into my.
Speaker 8: Wife into what I'm gonna bring your wife into Maybe.
Speaker 9: The problem is you. Maybe you're not doing what you need to be doing at all.
Speaker 8: You think talking to come to get tomorrow, come get money, money, you better have my money. It's gonna be your Please.
Speaker 9: What am I supposed to tell?
Speaker 8: I don't know about it. That's gonna get kick two?
Speaker 9: Do you know who her partner is?
Speaker 8: Part I'm the only partner she got.
Speaker 9: We partnered her up with nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Man, y'all, y'all, y'all play man? That's funny, man, Tommy?
Speaker 5: Is this time?
Speaker 8: Is this timing? Doesn't new time?
Speaker 6: Just time me?
Speaker 8: Look somebody what man, y'all play y'all playing Tymy too much?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 8: We got hey, that's that's wrong. Man.
Speaker 6: I gotta ask you.
Speaker 9: Come on, Drew, talk to me. What's the baddest radio show in the lab?
Speaker 8: Man? Steve Robbey Morning So Bad?
Speaker 1: Too much? Yes, that's that's what I'm supposed to do. Call play too much. That's that's the name of the game.
Speaker 11: Baby, it's going down tonight Nashville, Tennessee. Zani's baby, the nephew is already here, So get your mind right.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, First show I think it's gold. Second show, got a couple of tickets.
Speaker 11: Saturday Saturday show gone Sunday, got by the eight tickets left. Yeah, the nephew was here. Hot chicken. I'm gonna bring you aall some hot chicken back. All right, so y'all call it you some hot chicken, because you in Houston. I can bring some hot chicken back.
Speaker 5: Yes, I want some.
Speaker 1: I've been wanting some hot chicken. You get the hot I bring you now. Okay, hot chicken, angry hotcheck.
Speaker 10: All right, nephew coming up next Strawberry Letter. The subject is I'd rather live in my truck than with my wife. We'll get into that right after this.
Speaker 3: You're listening Hardy Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 10: And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please you submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEHARVEYFM dot com. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now.
Speaker 3: And you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 1: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 10: Thank you, nephew subject, I'd rather live in my truck than with my wife. Here, Stephen Shirley, Yeah, staying a lot right there, Dear Stephen Shirley. I'm a thirty two year old married man and I'm a truck driver. I've been married since I was twenty seven years old, and when I got married, I thought I had something special. But I was wrong exclamation mark. I am fourteen years younger, and when we first met, she was married and I was her boy toy, and we had a lot of good sex and that's it. When her husband found out about us, he divorced her and she couldn't afford the house by herself. At the time, I just started driving trucks and I was making a lot of money, so I was able to help her out financially. She felt down and out, so I asked her to ride to Arizona with me for the weekend. I couldn't believe how much fun she was. We had a great time in the truck, singing and talking and getting to know each other.
Speaker 3: Like a dummy.
Speaker 10: I fell for her and let her talk me into purchasing her brand new house in my name.
Speaker 3: I was shocked when she asked me to move in.
Speaker 10: She suggested that we get married because she didn't want to shack up. We went to the courthouse and got married. Being young and naive, I added her to my insurance and I put her name on my two bank accounts. My mama was telling me to take it easy and slow things down, and it was too late. And now I'm so miserable with this woman. I'm gone more than i'm at home so I don't have to see her lying around, getting bigger and meaner. She blows through money, and I can't get any peace when I'm around her, and I'm pretty sure she is cheating on me. I put my house up for sale and I'm moving out. She called me all kinds of dirty names and said I'm foul and doing her wrong. Am I wrong for trying to trying to reclaim the few good years I have left?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Now, didn't you say you were thirty two.
Speaker 10: Well, if you live let's say a normal human lifespan, you have way more than a few years left. Okay, just want to point that out. If God says the same, of course, you're only thirty two, So your wife has a lot of good years left too. Because she's only forty six, so you want out now because she's changed and you want no part of it.
Speaker 3: Now, keep in mind she did not twist your arm to marry her.
Speaker 10: But it's okay because people do change, and in your case, in the case of your marriage, you say your wife hasn't changed for the better. You fell in love with her and married her, gave her everything, and now you feel taken advantage of, unappreciate it, and you want a divorce.
Speaker 3: Your five year.
Speaker 10: Marriage has yes run its course because you guys have stopped working on it.
Speaker 3: You're always gone.
Speaker 10: She's at home, you say, getting bigger and meaner, spending all the money, giving you no peace, and maybe even cheating on you. Well, if you've tried to make it work with her and still you guys can't get along and you're both miserable, it seems there's only one thing left to do.
Speaker 3: And you're doing it.
Speaker 1: You're putting the house up for sale and you're moving out.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 7: Steve, Well, you know surely at first I thought you was trying to admonish the young man, but you turned it around. Just for me to turn around. Wasn't quick enough, Oh man, run get your ass out. It's over with that house up on that damn market. Give her a cut and get out. You need peace. See, let me tell you something, man, when you get in a situation like this and it turns so badly so quickly. See you saying some things in this letter that just really really struck me, and surely tried to tell you about it. You know, you saying, should I get out so I can enjoy a few good years that I have left. Shirley told you that because you're young, you got a lot of years left. But what Sherley don't know is and what I do know being a man is when you're married to the wrong person, it feels like a lifetime of hell.
Speaker 1: That is a scripture. This young man says, I'd rather live in my truck than with my wife. There's a scripture. And I'm not good at quoting scriptures. We all know that.
Speaker 7: But one of them says in Proverbs, it is better to live on the rooftop of the corner of a house than inside with the crawlsome woman. So I know where you're at. I have lived in my car instead of staying. I made the decision car house house, car, car house bed, decline your seat, uh, television no TV, bathroom, pee.
Speaker 1: Outside what I mean, these are the things, the choices.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, have have access to a kitchen, use the cast iron grill at the rest area.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just little stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have to just go you know, air conditioner, roll your understand, you know, things like that, cut the lights out and go to sleep, wait till it get dark outside. You know, it just it just Jesus the decisions, y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't see. Y'all ain't had to make these type of decisions before, you know. But that's all it is. Go in there and use the bathroom, trying to find the rest there that don't have just a half.
Speaker 7: Wall between the latrine and the torlet. Do I like toilet tissue or it's okay, Yeah, I'm just I'm just trying. I'm just trying to tell you what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes side between that, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And when we come back, I'll give you the rest of the decisions.
Speaker 3: He got, all right, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 10: At twenty three minutes after the hour, we'll be back to recap today's strawberry letter. Subject is I'd rather live in my truck than with my wife. We'll be back at it right after this.
Speaker 3: You're listening hardy Morning show.
Speaker 10: All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's strawberry letter.
Speaker 3: I taught the young man everything he knows.
Speaker 7: Well you will teach you a trainer. You're forty nine years old. You go out on this uh insurest thing to trade a group of people. Young dude catches eye, ask you for a business card, invites you to dinner. You flatter because he said your age.
Speaker 1: You go out with him.
Speaker 7: He's much younger than your But you sit there and all of a sudden, y'all got everything in coming.
Speaker 1: No you don't, No, you don't, And I'll prove it to you in the letter.
Speaker 7: Lady, you have so much of coming. Y'all don't like the same music, and y'all don't go to the same places. Y'all ain't had the same life in y'all ain't had the same life experiences. You can make children, he can't. You got kids, he don't. He played video games, You don't he got a family. He ain't got no family.
Speaker 1: You do what y'all got in coming?
Speaker 7: I sure would like to know what it is y'all got in coming or what did you sit there and fabricate in your mind that made it so good? Well, let me tell you what what After that date, We've been inseparable so much for in coming. I've had a hard time from my daughter and my family.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 7: I've taken him on several business trips with me, and he looks great in all of the suits and nice shoes I bought him. You know why, because he was wearing snickers and T shirts. You had to buy him them shoes and them suits because you couldn't take his T shirt wearing ass no wear with shoes.
Speaker 1: I thought y'all had a lot in common. He don't know how to dress.
Speaker 7: You taught him to yo letter, I talked to this young man everything he knows.
Speaker 1: He ain't know nothing.
Speaker 7: You taught him everything. He didn't know nothing. You taught him everything, and you got a lot in comment. What He didn't know how to hand roll sushi when you met him. Now you got him haird rolling sushi. Let me tell you something. I went in a sushi restaurant in Atlanta one night, and this is years ago, years ago, Kings of comedy years and it was two black guys behind the counter at a sushi place. I turned around, walk right out. The two black dudes say, Steve, come on here, man, the sushi good? I said, y'all know good? Hell well, y'all don't know nothing about cutting No damn sushi.
Speaker 1: That is not our job.
Speaker 5: If you.
Speaker 7: I sit down, you slicing raw fish? Boy, stop, Now, you'd have got him to hand roll sushi for you. I showed him the art of making love to a real woman, and he mastered it. He okay, you can say he mastered. He done got better. Add you can't get worse at sex, you just get better.
Speaker 1: So he's teachable.
Speaker 7: He's basically the perfect man for me, except you can't take him around your daughter, your family, or your friends. But the age difference will be a problem in the long run. No, it's a problem. Now, Why are you talking about this problem in the long run? You can't take him nowhere. He don't know nothing. You done taught him everything.
Speaker 1: It's a problem now.
Speaker 7: I know my family friend is gonna judge me because he's two years younger than my daughter.
Speaker 1: It's a problem now. Not in the long run.
Speaker 7: This problem ain't gonna get better. You gonna get older, and the gap is gonna be more obvious. He wants me to meet his mother and grandmother. Let me tell you something that they gonna eat your ass a lot. You go in there with this boy's mama and grandmama. He don't even he's so stupid. You didn't teach him what was gonna happen when he walked your old ass in now with his mama and grandmama.
Speaker 3: Did you who's gonna be worse though, Steve? The mom or the grandmother?
Speaker 7: The grandmama gonna come? Oh, so you one of my friends. I saw you you down at the hall, didn't I you look like the girl to work at the tavern? I go to see it's gonna get bath. They're gonna eat your They gonna eat you a lot. You you walk your old ass in there with this daughter that's two years older than this boy.
Speaker 1: They already know what you did. They already know you that you done whipped him.
Speaker 7: Because see this boy, he's whipped, and they know you to put it on him like he never had it before.
Speaker 1: And now you he want to marry you? Has he lost his rabbit ass mine? Yeah?
Speaker 7: You'd you'd have whipped him this bad that he wants to marry you, and you gonna go in there and face his mother and grind.
Speaker 1: I hope you do well, she said, you finish find that. I don't give a damn. You know this ain't gonna go overwhelmed with them.
Speaker 7: Okay, So you once again see when you said in this letter, this is gonna be a problem in the long run. I keep telling you it's a problem now. You hiding him from your friends. You got him here from your daughter. He's two years younger than your daughter. You got a granddaughter. You take him everywhere. You done taught him everything because it's ass stupid.
Speaker 1: He ain't know nothing.
Speaker 7: You men have always met married younger women, but it's not as accepted when women do it. I would hope that I'm everything this man needs and he won't want a young woman some day?
Speaker 1: What his mom? Who the hell don't want a younger woman?
Speaker 7: So what.
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 7: All this stuff you done taught him to master? You don't think he don't want to show this to nobody?
Speaker 1: There you go, all right?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Steve.
Speaker 10: Will leave it right there and post your comments on today's Harbury letter at Steve Barby.
Speaker 1: She's crazy, she knows this ain't gonna work.
Speaker 3: She knows on Instagram and Facebook and coming up.
Speaker 1: But I do want you to go meet his mom and grandmama. Don't please do that. Turned out.
Speaker 3: You're listening.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 3: All right, it is time now for Junior and sports talk. What you got Junior?
Speaker 13: Okay, Shirley, I got a couple of things this morning.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Man, it's gonna be a big fight this weekend. Aerol Spence, Junior, Terrence Crawford. How do we feel about this?
Speaker 1: Yere?
Speaker 7: I ain't got nobody in this fight, man, I have this first of all, this is one of the greatest fights in years, Errol Spencer and Terrence Crawford. I have no idea who gonna win this fight. I just talked to Floyd about it. Saw saw Floyd over the break. Floyd Mayweather. We had a conversation about it. He didn't make a pick. He asked me who I got. I told him, I can't pick man, because first of all, I love both them boys. I love both them boys. But they they they animals. Man, Them dudes is animals.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. It's no way I would bet money on this fight. I just can't.
Speaker 13: I mean, they just both dominant fighters. Man, they both methodical.
Speaker 3: I can't pick this.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's.
Speaker 7: No, man, I just can't see it. I can't see no knockout. Them dudes is gonna battle. Man, They're gonna be at war. Them two dudes is great fighters. I just don't know what's gonna happen. It's gonna be a sad fight for me to watch, man, because I don't want either one of them.
Speaker 1: Catch the dudes. That's the crazybody. Gotta lose though, nobody lose. It's a great fight.
Speaker 13: Gonna be a number two.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a number two regardless. Yeah, that's that was money. Yeah, oh god, the money.
Speaker 13: It's gonna be a number two man.
Speaker 2: Also, Man, let's send our prayers out to the to the James family and uncle. Know you've heard that Bronnie had a had a cardiac arrest at the USC practice and man, we just want to say lebron James and Savannah James.
Speaker 13: Man, we are praying for y'all.
Speaker 1: We love man.
Speaker 13: Brownie will be hanging there, brother, We love you, man. We got your bag, brother.
Speaker 1: Hard Yeah. Man, you know, let's live.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know basketball all becomes secondary, Yes, sir, when your child is in that hospital, you know, but they have they got the best of the best, and uh you know they already thank the hospital staff and everything.
Speaker 1: He'll he'll be He'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Man, He'll be fine.
Speaker 1: At last.
Speaker 13: Man, did y'all know that fam you whole football team is suspended?
Speaker 2: Man, the whole football program doing a rap video in the locker room with not permission. I'll talk about a song called sinder Blitz Bob, never heard by this Florida based rapper Real Boston Richie.
Speaker 13: Well, now we done lost the season.
Speaker 1: They did rap video in the locker room.
Speaker 13: In the locker room without permission.
Speaker 3: Man, Thank you Jr.
Speaker 10: Coming up at the top of the hour, a lady in Florida wants to know if her interracial marriage is in jeopardy because of the new racist laws.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that right after this. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 10: Well, this question, Steve is from Shannandera in Fort Myers, Florida. Shannondera says, I'm thirty years old and I'm married to a white man that I've known since I was twelve. We don't see color and he's not racist, but he told me that he doesn't see how the racist lessons plans are a bad thing. He said, it's a good way to stop the negativity in our country. He said, if children don't know about slavery, they won't learn to be mad at white people. This hasn't sat right with me since he said it, but he's entitled to his opinion.
Speaker 3: Should I be concerned about his thoughts there?
Speaker 1: You should be deeply concerned.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: See, that's the problem with white people who feel that way. You want to, you wanna you want to push it under the rug like it didn't exist, so you don't have to feel guilty, or you don't have to feel precious to try to fix something that was done so wrong to a group of people. See, you want to get rid of our soul. White people don't have to feel Look, man, y'all did what you did. Your faun fathers are your funky folk fathers, them your foul faults. That's what y'all did. Y'all bought black people over here to do your damn work. Y'all bought black people over here and took everything from them. Y'all created some of the greatest atrocities against human beings ever done in this country before, and it was done to slaves, and now you want to get rid of it. You want to act like it never happened because this racist biggot the Santos down in Florida with his ultra righte conservative behind, and then went and got a bunch of white folks like your husband to go along with it, so y'all could be all right with who y'all all? Now you can still be who you are now, but you got to admit and know what was done here.
Speaker 1: See that that.
Speaker 7: See y'all want to give rid of that truth. Yeah, and y'all want to give rid of that because y'all don't want to. Y'all y'all got rid of that, and affirmative action because y'all don't. Y'all just keep y'all tied to being blamed for it. But you do, y'all, one did it what you want us to do. So now, if you erase the past, it won't explain the condition of this country.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: So if you get rid of slavery and critical race theory whatever you want to call rid of that, if you want to get rid of that, so what can happen? So now y'all can get back to business as usual?
Speaker 9: What is.
Speaker 7: Make America greater again? You see what I'm saying. I've been on to something. I've been on to them. There's a group of white folks that I have been on to for a long time, and sad to say, they've never just surprised me or disappointed.
Speaker 1: See the Santos, I'm not surprised by it. I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm just not De Santis, whatever his name is, I'm not surprised by him. They've been here the entire time. The skinheads have been here, The Klan has been here, the militia groups have been here. Donald Trump had them climbing over the wall on January sixth.
Speaker 1: They've been here.
Speaker 7: They got bad spread, Viking horns and q Noon and Quaynon and the tea party they've got. They always try to turn something into something like it's all right, y'all been wrong for long time. Now, your forefathers did this. Now you've got to deal with it. But now like it, like your white husband said, maybe y'all stop being mad as that's not going to happen, because it's not you. We're mad as we're mad at you for not acknowledging what has happening and trying to.
Speaker 1: Do anything to help fix it.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, but you possibly create policies to make us further behind the balls. And y'all got these new policies every time you turn around. So it's just more the same for us.
Speaker 10: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: All right, So Steve, you've been on vacation. You stuck to your Elevate You daily regimen.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey is down to two and twenty nine pounds, y'all. I have not been down to this weight in a long time.
Speaker 7: I've been stuck in the two forties for so long until I found out what was gonna girl. Girl, I'm going to though, Well, Steve, it to be pimp fly and I owe a lot of it to elevate you. Elevate You stick packs. They are now in Walmart. They are fully stocked Walmart dot com. You can get them. The results are coming in. I get personal people who know me that's trying the products that have money.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you, Steve Man.
Speaker 7: I really do feel a lot perkier, man, I really do feel a lot more clarity, Thank you very much, folks. Walmart has the stick packs now, so you can take it.
Speaker 1: To work and pull it in, already mixed and everything. Just put it in, y'all. Go to Walmart.
Speaker 7: We got the gum he's in Walmart right now. We got the digestive gummies. We got the metabolism gummies. I'm going to Walmart one day this week or next week. I'm gonna walk through the aisles and go I'm gonna come meet some people are pleased to go to Walmart. What the hell I need to clean fall.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Walmart. See you soon.
Speaker 7: Don't get your stickbacks and elevate you and Walmart, y'all this in the stoves.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 10: Martin the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up, and at thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rather? Right after this you're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, it's time now, guys for a rounded. Would you rather? This is the summer cookout edition? Would you rather fried whiting or fried catfish?
Speaker 3: Yummy?
Speaker 13: I'm yeah, I don't even know what white it is, you know, I don't even I don't even.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they find, mister Harvey, Sir Whiting, or can.
Speaker 1: Do that. I ain't never called no whit.
Speaker 3: Ye you catch that fish market?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't nobody. Ain't nobody calling up? You go to the store and.
Speaker 3: Get that, all right? Would you rather pork ribs or beef ribs?
Speaker 1: I don't eat I don't eat pork, okay, but.
Speaker 3: You eat barbecue?
Speaker 1: So which ribs? Would you hear? Baby? Bags of carolina? I have told y'all over and over.
Speaker 7: Once you introduce pork to open fire, it loses all pork properties.
Speaker 1: It is no longer pork. Barbecue.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now that's how I would say it. I would say it barbecue.
Speaker 1: How do you really say it by bobbecue? Yeah, it's a person's name, all right.
Speaker 3: Would you rather watermelon or canalope? Which one?
Speaker 1: Watermelon? All right? Okay? So the person is you can some damn canna?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right? I even like the color? All right?
Speaker 10: Would you rather potato salad or cold slough? That's a tough.
Speaker 7: Cold slough because it's hard to mess up cold sloping. Boy, you can wreck a potato salad.
Speaker 3: That hard raisins in our potato salad. Please stop that Why.
Speaker 7: If you got a damn fruit in the potato? Why is these marshmallows potato salad?
Speaker 1: Man? I have seen some people do some stuff with some potato salad. I was just going up my chef man I had talked to him. I say, Man, stop making potato salad. Yeah. Yeah, he from South Africa.
Speaker 7: He take them little round potatoes, round redskin potatoes, cut him in half, he chopped up some eggs, He put some mayonnaise pickle in it.
Speaker 1: And that's it. Yo yo yo yo, dog, dog. You ain't got no yellow color in hell.
Speaker 7: Hey, man, I need you to stop making potato salad because that ain't what that is?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 10: Would you rather barbecue sauce or dry rub on your barbecue?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 7: I have an equal love for both, Survey said both. I like that because I can do both.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 10: All right, that's today's rounded. Would you rather coming up? It is our last break of the day and we'll close out the show right after this.
Speaker 3: You're listening morning all right, guys. Here we are our last break of the day on this Friday.
Speaker 1: Steve, you know what.
Speaker 7: These closing remarks today I'm about to do because it's something I picked up on my vacation. You know, I spend a lot of time on my vacation meditating and stuff, you know, and it's like it's a good time for me because my wife taught me something over this break.
Speaker 1: About relaxation.
Speaker 7: She told me to quit scheduling stuff like you know, I'm such a person of always making sure I'm doing what I gotta.
Speaker 1: Do, and she just told me.
Speaker 7: You know, sometimes Steve, you just got to relax. You don't always have to do something. But I'm wired that way, you know, I'm really wired to get up with a plan. I'm just really crazy. But every now and then you got to just take some time. And I just learned this. You just have to take some time to give your mind a real rest, a rest from planning, a rest from grinding, a rest now. And that's hard to do, especially when you've wanted to be successful for so long, or you realize and you look up and you see how far you are from your goals and your aspirations.
Speaker 1: But every now and then, I don't care who you are, you should take a minute.
Speaker 7: It may not be a week, it may not be a month or nothing like that, but every now and then you gotta take a minute, and I got something.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you something. Man. You know what I learned.
Speaker 7: I need at least fifteen minutes each day to not tend to nothing, accept my mental well being. Get up in the morning. I started doing my deep breathing exercises. And while I'm doing my deep breathing exercises, I'm praying and meditating. You know, you got to take this time out. Man, You got to get back on your hustling grind. But if you can take out fifteen minutes a day to devote to you to sit up and be grateful, to sit up. And it's two things you can do. You can pray or you can meditate. The difference between the two is Prayer is talking to God. Meditation is listening to God. I had to learn the difference, man. Praying is talking to God. Meditating is listening to God. And sometimes, man, you just need to sit there and listen. God help me, God lead me, God show me, God give me direction, God strengthen me, prepare me, make me listen. Let me do your will. Give us this day our daily bread. Let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. That's an important part of the Lord's prayer and take that time out for yourself every day. Now, if you can take some time out and take you a few days in there, then do it, and it gives.
Speaker 1: You a chance to rejuvenate yourself a lot better.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: I've been so wired for the grind that oftentimes when my wife had to remind me, Steve, you're forgetting to stop and smell the roses.
Speaker 1: You just grind it. You're just getting it. And you got so many obligations, you know, you got so many people counting on you looking up to you.
Speaker 7: The kids, your kids might have kids, your coworkers, your job, your friends, your family members, everybody.
Speaker 1: Look that time is important. And I learned that on this break. I learned the difference.
Speaker 7: I've known it before, but I really paid close attention to the difference between praying and meditating.
Speaker 1: And I just started giving more.
Speaker 7: Time to myself in the morning, you know, so I could so I could just get a little bit more balance.
Speaker 1: And then when you're done, you're a little bit more prepared for the day.
Speaker 7: You've you've rejuvenated yourself, You've cleared your mind out. You become a little bit more open and receptive to God's will. As opposed to yours. And it just makes things a little bit easier for you, man, not a little bit, but a lot. So that is my advice to you, man's to take some time out. You know, I know, I've been pushing for the grind and the hustle, and never give up, and work hard and get up earlier before anybody and stay up later than anybody. I still say that, but in there, but in there, take a minute for yourself. Take a minute with just you and God. Don't let nobody in it. And that's the best advice I can give to you all, man, and all really it will help you out in a lot of ways. And then another thing I've learned, you know what I learned Also, this came to me over the break too.
Speaker 1: This goes for all of my haters, and this goes out there to all of your haters.
Speaker 7: Because if you're doing anything, you got to remember now the devil's job is to rob you of your destiny, and he has people that works for him twenty four seven. And if you are trying to accomplish anything in life, you have haters. Do you know what I learned about haters? I have never had a hater nor have you that's doing better than you?
Speaker 1: Have you ever? Do you have any haters that's doing better than you? Not a single one? So why are you worrying about them? Man?
Speaker 7: Let them people hate because they ain't changing nothing. They don't move the needle in their own life. I'd be damn if I'm gonna let him move it in mind, because if they needle was moving, they wouldn't have time to worry about mine. So I wish I would take a moment to address a hater. Hate on baby, and why are you hating? Cut your TV on because he's still on there. Thank you, y'all have a good day today. God loves you.
Speaker 9: For all.
Speaker 10: Steve Harvey Contacts No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit STEVEHARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.