Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Fantasy Football Podcast. I'm your host, Scott Bogman. Follow me on the Twitter at Bogman Sports. I'm joined as always by Pat Fitzmorris at fits Underscore ff on the Twitter machine.
Speaker 1: FITZI, how you doing this week?
Speaker 3: Bugs? I'm doing great.
Speaker 4: I mean it's ninety something degrees outside with like one hundred and twelve percent humidity, so there's really no place I'd rather be than here in the air conditioning talking fantasy football with you and our guest, who's a great guest by the way, even though I yelled at him on the Scott Fishball Potathon.
Speaker 1: So Russ, you're going to take that.
Speaker 2: It's it's Russ Fisher at Dynasty Outhouse from the Dynasty Addicts podcast network.
Speaker 1: Russ, how you doing? Are you going to take that from FITZI?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Should? Should I explain why I yelled at him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why did you yell at it? That's any one.
Speaker 4: Got the Fantasy Football Expo coming up in Can't, Ohio, and you know Ross was co ho sting the Scott Fishball Potathon and he's trying to tell everyone about this great breakfast spot in Kanton, Ohio that's right by the hotel that's sort of the you know, home base for all the festivities. It's super close, but like it's kind of a small place, and uh, you know, I love this place. I mean, as far as breakfast places go, maybe one of the best I've ever been to. And wow, I lived in, you know, on the North side of Chicago for eight years, where they're great breakfast places all over, and this place is up there with any of them. I'm not even going to mention the name because it's.
Speaker 5: Called George's Third Half. It's wonderful.
Speaker 4: This place is awesome, and you know, I want to be able to get a table there, and Russ was not helping in that regard.
Speaker 5: Every year we go, we've got well, I guess the past two years because pre COVID it was you know, in a different hotel. But like these past two years that we've gone, gone there for breakfast every single day, and like every single day, Zach Reid and I like literally do a little dance down the street as like gonadfist, gonna get some breakfast, and you leave singing the same song, just a little slower because your belly.
Speaker 1: Is just full, wish I had ate so much breakfast.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, you and he oh man, we just date some breakfast. It was breakfast I need now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think everyone's had that breakfast song before.
Speaker 1: Man. I mean I'm usually not awake for breakfast.
Speaker 2: But if that place is open past noon, like till two o'clock, like some of those breakfast spots are, I am all about it. So uh at breakfast food. I don't know why I think I love breakfast food so much because I'm such a night out and I'm never, like usually awake for breakfast. So it's like a rare treat for me. When I'm awake early enough for breakfast, I really like to go get breakfast.
Speaker 5: So it's like Parks and Recreation and where Leslie and Ron were sitting across fro each other eating at a diner and eating breakfast, Like why do people eat things other than breakfast food? And Ron just goli, that's the real answer. It's just like breakfast food is the best. It is fantastic, It is wonderful and should be eaten and is allowed to be eaten just anytime you want.
Speaker 2: Speaking of wonderful and amazing things, today, we're gonna be talking about crossroad players on the podcast. These are players that look, it's uh, you know, I don't want to say you know, or get off the pot, but it's like, what what are we gonna do here? Are we gonna become an upper echelon player? Are we going to become some of these guys we we go as low as are we draftable players? Or are you just kind of a jag? You're another guy in here that is, you know, last round fodder, RB Handcuff, a wide receiver, bye week guy. Like, we want to know if these players are gonna take the next step into stardom or are they gonna revert to what the NFL stands for for the most part, not for long, right, So we're gonna get into those. We're gonna start with Russ's, but before we do, I gotta tell you guys, so we have a winner. The winner of the Ultimate Custom One on one Championship Belt courtesy of Trophy Smack is Michael Minardi. Please get in touch with our customer support agents at mailbag at Fantasypros dot com with your mailing address and.
Speaker 1: Proof of subscription.
Speaker 2: A Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and we will be in touch again. The winner is Michael Menarti. Congratulations to you. To take part in the next giveaway, which is a Kenneth Walker signed jersey, which I wish I could win that, all you have to do is subscribe to the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and comment on this video.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Also, if you love our content, please give us a like and a click and click that belt to get notified each time a new video drops.
Speaker 1: All right, Russ, I will hand it to you. Who do you want to talk about first here?
Speaker 5: Well, first, I want to talk about you for a second. I read the fine print. I did not see anything that said podcasters can't win.
Speaker 1: So I'm subscribed. I can comment exactly so, but see my comment is then I have to read the rest of the comments and then I get my feelings hurt.
Speaker 5: So no, no, you never you never read the comments. Man, better than that. But you just you get in there, you put in your name in the hat for the jersey, and then you run away crying like that's that's that's how you handle comments.
Speaker 1: I like it. Yeah, yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 2: So, uh you we got three players for you, three players for FITZI and then I've got four, but uh, you're up first, Russ.
Speaker 1: Who you got?
Speaker 5: I have two that make me sad and one that I've come to terms on already. So let's let's let's oreo sandwich this one with sadness on the outside. So my first one is DeAndre Swift. And I've been a fan of Swift from the very beginning, but it was one of those cases where everyone else liked him a lot more than I did, so his price, his ADP, his everything was way too high. And then last year it starts to get to a good place and this off season, I'm just like, yes, let's go, let's go. And then they draft Jamir Gibbs and then you're like, all right, well they have to trade him, right, And it was like the scariest twenty minutes of a Deandra Swift man in life. And then he goes to Philly and I'm just like, like, where else do you want your running back to go? Like that is literally like the best spots to land in right now. And all I'm saying is there was a certain wide receiver who we would say is a top three wide receiver if he could just stay healthy for the year, had all of these soft tissue injuries in Tennessee, goes to Philadelphia and has a full season with no injuries, So clearly that is medical fact. In Philly the Tennessee water, yeah, and Detroit water also, but Philly water keeps you famous, keeps you very very hydrated, and keeps those tendons and ligaments nice and intact. So if Swift stays healthy, Swift still is a guy that is not going to get eighty percent of touches. He should not be. His body apparently can't hold up to it anyway. But like, there's a chance Swift can walk in to be a top ten fantasy running back this year based on that offense, even if he just sticks with that what felt like forty percent workload out of Detroit, Like that's and I'm ready for it, and I'm here for it. But if this season he finishes as like RB fifteen, RB eighteen, it's like, all right, he's a running back too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean fits, It's hard to know what to expect from DeAndre Swift. His ECR for Dynasty right now is RB nineteen points per game in PPR the last three seasons RB sixteen, RB ten, RB eighteen but he has missed ten games over those three seasons, and he's only eclipsed two hundred touches one time in those three seasons. And you and I have talked about how it seems like Billy kind of likes for Penny more than went out and signed him first.
Speaker 1: He got first team reps the first day at camp.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that really means anything, because day two it could be Swift getting that. They might just rotate those, but I mean it's the news that we have right now, so people talking about it. Does it matter because Penny will probably get hurt, but maybe DeAndre Swift will get hurt too.
Speaker 1: Fitzy, what's your take on Swift at the crossroads here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I agree this was a great selection by Russ because he really is a crossroads player. And I loved him too coming out of Florida State, and I think one of the things we liked about him so much was because he had that pass catching skill set and that gave him this starry Christian McCaffrey, Austin Eckler type ceiling, and we've seen snippets of that, especially in games where Detroit got way down and all of a sudden, they're peppering him with like a dozen targets in a game, and you know, sort of the garbage time catch up yards. That's sort of my concern about him going to Philadelphia. Like, on one hand, it's great that he's going to be working behind those those glass eating offensive linemen they have in Philly. On the other hand, Philly had the fewest running back targets in the league last year sixty one, which is fewer targets and Swift himself as scene in each of the last two seasons. So I'm a little bit concerned about the pass catching upside for this, you know, pass catching back and the fact that he's not going to be getting any of those Detroit Oh look at this, we're down three touchdowns in the second quarter game scripts you know, Philly's going to be trucking people and not needing to dump off, and they've got the mobile quarterback who's not going to be dumping off to his running backs that much. You know, if he's under duress, he's just going to take it himself and run. So I'm mixed on the landing spot for him, very mixed, And yeah, it's going to be really fascinating to see what happens. I think if by some miracle, Rashad Penny stays healthy for fourteen plus games, I don't think we're gonna see a great season for Swift. But if it's a typical Penny season and he gets hurt after about five games, then yeah, there's definitely a possibility we see a big season.
Speaker 1: All right, Russ.
Speaker 2: So if I make this statement that DeAndre Swift is more likely to be an RB one or an RB three after this season, which one are you picking?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 5: Here's well two things. How good of an offense would an Eagles offense with a healthy Penny and healthy Swift be I'd be like, in a football sense, that would be amazing, and the fantasy football since we'd hate it. But I mean, honestly, the the more likely answer is RB three, just not even based on the player himself, but based on age, based on people that have just been hurt too much by him. Because as much as we want to say we are analytics driven and we correction, yeah, yeah, like we we absolutely just we get burned and we remember.
Speaker 1: You know, in our feelings hurt, right, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: Gonna probably be around like that twenty five, twenty six year area getting towards his second contract, and all of a sudden, we're just like, oh, that means he's old and bad now. Plus we just got Bei Jean Britze Hall is gonna get healthy again, and we're gonna get a couple of good running backs coming into twenty four also, and just a Swift won't stand a chance at that point ranking it better than probably RBE nine ten at best, and that's if he has a really good season. So chances are he scores as an RB two again and drops to like RB twenty two twenty four, and I'll still have a lot of my teams, but will make me sayd.
Speaker 2: Still, Yeah, Look, there's a lot of potential there. And I was higher on Swift than I was even on Taylor coming out. I was super high on him, but he has one of the people he has disappointed me and it has upset me.
Speaker 1: So I'm kind of off the Swift bandwagon.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of talent in there, and if the Eagles can get it out of him, it would be great. Do Staley seem to be frustrated with him, at least on a hard knocks so you know, maybe he's a tough player a coach. I don't know, but who's your second player, Russ? I love this one, by the way.
Speaker 5: See this all right, So this is the one where I'm not necessarily sad about it because I wasn't like, I wasn't the biggest for shot Bateman guy coming in, but he was good. I firmly believe that this man is a talented wide receiver. And at the time, it was unfortunate the offense he landed in purely because Greg Roman is just boring. Like it was one of those offenses where like back you know, back in the olden days where Chip Kelly was running the Eagles offense. After a couple of years, the offensive players were like, defenses, know what we're doing the second we line up. And that's what Greg Roman turned into. It was just the most boring thing in the world. But whenever you had healthy Lamar and healthy Rashad Bateman, you were looking at solid, high end receiver two numbers. We're gonna get Todd munkt offense, which I mean, it's not Shanahan or you know McVeigh or anything, but anything is better than what they've been doing. And Bunkin. We got a little excited when he was running the offense in what was that Cleveland what felt like ten years ago but was probably like four Who knows, because there's so much turnover in Cleveland. So I'm here for it. I'm ready for it. I think he will do well, assuming he could stay on the field. And it's not like Bateman again has the chance to walk in after a good season this season as a top ten wide receiver. It's too late for that, given his age, given the fact that we're going to get two studs at least assuming they both declaire, and all of that stuff coming in in the next draft. And it's not like Chase Jefferson, AJ Brown, CD LAMB like, not like these guys are going anywhere. So even off a fantastic season, maybe Bateman makes it to the you know, twenty area wide receiver twenty area. But if he only even if he has a mediocre season, I think he is relegated to wide receiver three at best, which again is good because you'll be able to get a good wide receiver two ish player on your team from wide receiver three prices, but it's not what you want it out of for shy Baton.
Speaker 2: I completely agree with that, and FITZI, this is the guy that I've been down on, and I keep saying, you know, it's not because of his skill.
Speaker 1: His skill is there.
Speaker 2: It's because of the way the offense runs and the fact that this guy can't stay on the field right now.
Speaker 1: Is ECRs wide receiver thirty nine.
Speaker 2: His finishes in his first two seasons, wide receiver fifty seven, Wide receivers sixty four and points per game, and that's you know, you get hurt early in a game, get one point at lows your hole average. I understand he's had some good games in there as well. Tom Monkin should shake up this offense with more passes, but the Ravens also added a first round pick and Save Flowers obj plus Mark Andrews will lead the team in targets as long as he's healthy. So I mean, I like Bateman, but I don't like this offense. I don't even if he's two or three in terms of receiving targets in this offense, depending on what Zay Flowers does in his rookie season. So I'm just low on him.
Speaker 1: But Russ is correct, he's absolutely in the crossroads I kind of hold out hope for him to go to a different team and revive his career there. But what do you think an he do in Baltimore?
Speaker 4: More target competition this year, for sure, But we've got to hope that Todd Monkin grows the pie, that it's a bigger pie or he's carved up exactly. And man, I mean I did really like this guy's a prospect watching him at the University of Minnesota since I'm a big ten guy and seeing him, like, I really thought that he had no holes in his game. You know, could line up in the slot, could line up outside, good hands, good route runner, good after the catch, you know, And I'm not our fantasy pros. Injury specialist doctor d pak Chhonah says not to worry too much about this foot thing that has sort of cropped up in training camp, that it's pretty normal following the injury he had, and he expects Bateman to be, you know, pretty close to full go and one hundred percent by September.
Speaker 3: I believe, so yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's he is a great crossroads guy because this is a big year and whether he can carve out a role for himself and I mean that might depend largely on whether he can stay healthy and whether OBJ can stay healthy. Because if we're uh, you know, doling out targets three ways between these receivers Zay and OBJ and Bateman, and we've got you know, Mark Andrews and Isaiah likely getting targets to at tight end, you know, a very good tight end combination. Yeah, but you know, I do think Bateman can be a target earner if he can stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Though, like I think.
Speaker 4: He's still good, so I'm trying to be optimistic about him. Although you know, on the other hand, I'm not terribly sad that I only have like one dynasty Sheriff Bateman.
Speaker 1: Right now, Russ.
Speaker 2: If I come to you right now and I say, hey, I want your shot Bateman, I'll give you a second round pick in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Are you taking the pick or are you taking the shot on Bateman?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: For that, I'll take the shot on Bateman. If always it's far too individualistic to give that blanket of an answer. But why at that point of course, it's the player you have that either you drafted and have been holding onto this whole time, or you acquired him waiting for this waiting for this offense to step up. And if you do believe in Bateman, you're gonna say, not worried about Flowers. It's Bateman. Of course you're you're worried about Mark Andrews. He's Mark Andrews. You know that's fine. But now, like one second, if you're telling me two seconds and one of them looks like it's going to be the two to oh one, and maybe I'm rebuilt, so I don't need a three fourth year in wide receiver by the time I even start to really rebuild. I'd think about it. I would hate myself for it, I would, really, but it would be the right move to take two seconds if one of them seems are early enough, like that's right, because you're probably not getting a first for him.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, I don't think you get a first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's just way too much based around Batman for you to get a first one. So if I'm gonna, if I'm gonna rebuilding team and a team I decide to blow up one second, I wouldn't. I would hold. I would at that point wait and see if he does what you want him to do, and hope, hope there's a Bateman fan in your league, that'll give you a first form, even if it's like the.
Speaker 1: One twelveth fits.
Speaker 2: I'm not a Bateman fan, so I would probably take the second. What would you do in that scenario? Would you take the second or would you hold on to Bateman as he really does even.
Speaker 3: Though it's a good class. I'd hang on a date.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair, And I think both answers are fair by the way. I think that's you would rather get two two's, you know, or maybe a two win a three, you know, give yourself two shots just in case Bateman does work out. I understand that, but I don't know. I'm just not really enthralled with Bateman and him staying on the.
Speaker 1: Field and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Who is your last player us? I think this one might be a little controversial.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 5: Well, this is me building myself up for the level of sadness. Like I talked about Swift, a player I've liked. I talked about Bateman, a player that I knew was good, and now I'm going to talk about Trevor Lawrence, a player who we know is good and a player that I love. And the problem isn't again with Trevor Lawrence, because let's face it, if anyone counts his rookie year against him, they don't like him. Like the Urban Meyer year, you can't even call it years or era it was. It was less than a year, So like that should be just completely wipes off the face of the planet. And he started to look good last year that often started to click. But the real problem is is how many good quarterbacks we have right now? The top end is getting really, really nice, and it's not just Mahomes Allen Hurts at the top and then maybe whatever. But like a Lamar in a new offense, Burrow doesn't care about touchdown regression. He's gonna keep throwing him at a really good rate. You know, Kyler, if he comes back healthy, or even if he gets moved to a new team, Caleb Williams is going to walk in as a top ten quarterback most likely fields if he does half of what we hope he does. We have a lot of really good quarterbacks high up Anthony Richardson, if he's decent, he's popping up to QB six or seven. So I think what's gonna happen is if we see a mediocre year of Trevor Lawrence. He's getting relegated to that QB thirteen fourteen area of like Dak and Tua. And again that's insanely helpful in a super flex league, Like you want that because with the offense they're putting together. I mean, I'm a huge Calvin Ridley fan, so I'm here for it. Like he'll have weekly upside, but I don't think we'll be able to like right now we want to say, oh, he's not really a running quarterback, but like, hey, we got Justin Herbert, we got Joe Burrow, and that's I think what we're clinging to because of the best prospects since Peyton Manning stuff and what he can be. Now that we also have a few quarterbacks still up here that aren't rushers. They're sneaky athletic, if that, you know, gives away any undertones. And I think this is a year that will really solidify whether he stays up in that top eight area or if he drops to that like fourteen to fifteen area. Again, not off the face of the earth. This isn't like a crossroad whether he's going to retire next year, but it's a tier, a very important tier. Because it's the difference between in a super flex draft getting drafted at the end of the first or at the beginning of the fourth.
Speaker 2: I think fits a lot of people are not even taking this into consideration that maybe he's just okay. I think everyone expects him to take a huge leap this year because right now is he's here, is seven, and he jumped from QB thirty three points per game in his rookie season with Urban Meyer and all that nonsense to QB thirteen just outside of a QB one last year.
Speaker 1: He's a crossroads player here. But do we think he's capable of what we saw in college? And honestly, how big part of it is they got they got to let him run because they haven't really, you know, removed the training wheels on that at all yet, So they need to let him do some of that stuff that he did in college too. So do you think we see it this year?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: He's good, Man, He's good, There's no question about it. I mean, I think I would rather have him. And this is gonna upset the Justin Herbert fan club, but like he's a better.
Speaker 1: Quarterback already upset them. Who cares?
Speaker 3: He's exactly.
Speaker 4: He's a better quarterback than Justin Herbert. He was better than Herbert when they were both in college. He's better now. He's going to be better in the future. And you know, it does baffle me when I see people with Herbert high in their rankings. I just don't understand it. But there is a chance he has like kind of a mediocre season, but it would be kind of the flukiness of low touchdown rates and maybe he only runs for like one touchdown or none, you know, and that that tamps down his fantasy point total. Like that would be a bad season. It wouldn't be a bad season where I'll.
Speaker 2: Think turns into Jamal Williams. Yeah, yeah, touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Right where they get a bunch of flukey touchdowns as receivers get tackled at the one just one of those.
Speaker 3: And we've seen those types of seasons, like.
Speaker 4: Guys who were sort of steady throughout their careers, like Matt Ryan, whose yardage total you could set your clock to every year, but like his touchdown counts would be all over the place. So we could get that kind of unlucky touchdown season for Trevor Lawrence. But we're not going to see him all of a sudden complete like fifty six percent of his passes.
Speaker 3: That's just not going to happen.
Speaker 4: He's too good and Doug Peterson, and you know he was the guy to bring out the best and Trevor Lawrence. So you know, if he does have that fluky bad touchdown season and drops to quarterback thirteen, I'll be buying, like I'll be I'll be putting out offers to all the Trevor Lawrence managers out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with ECR. I got him at seven. Russ.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you where you have him among your dynasty qbs right now?
Speaker 5: It is very sweet of you to assume that I actually do rankings. But he's around that area. He's in that Yeah, it's usually around like eighty nine where you hit that Herbert Lawrence fields area and it's picker poison kind of thing, and mine is usually Laurence.
Speaker 3: Would you rather Lawrence or Herbert?
Speaker 5: I am a scaredy cat, is really what it comes down to. I am very risk averse. I would take Herbert because we've seen that eliteness with It's really funny. I was having an argument yesterday because Herbert just got paid with a friend of mine who's he's a football man, like you know, doesn't really play fantasy but just knows what he sees on Sundays, He's like, well, Herbert's pretty good, and I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Do you remember what he did last year when you're throwing to Josh Palmer and Jalen Geiton and that was it? Like, yeah, slow your role man, like it And honestly, one season. Half a season because I want it to come true. Half a season of Lawrence killing it with Mike Calvin Midley and Christian Kirk, who I love. And I love that they brought in Bigsby because that could save ETN for better plays and not more plays. Like I love the offense that they're putting together. So right now I would say Herbert because it's the safe answer. But give me like three games into the season, and if they come out on a roll, I could flip flop that very easily.
Speaker 2: I mean I have them at seven and eight, so I like both of them. I think they're both good, and I think that's also in the realm of possibility, you know, likelihood actually more likely. But before we go to Fitz's Crossroads Players here, I gotta tell you. Are you tired of those stale, old old school fantasy football platforms. If so, it's time to upgrade your game with League tycoon dot com. If you play in a contract dynasty league, you have ever thought about joining a contract league, then you will want to check out League Tycoon. League Tycoon has perfected the platform for fantasy football, salary cap and contract leagues. Leagues are super easy to set up and they offer a ton of configuration and management options. Contract leagues used to be a lot of work which required you to manage spreadsheets, but League Tycoon has everything built in and automated for your league. And unlike those dated fantasy sides, League Tycoon has a modern mobile app that makes managing your team easy. Go to League tycoon dot com to get more information and download the app. And if you use promo code Dynasty Pros when creating a league, your first year will be absolutely free fr double e. If you are ready for a challenging, immersive experience that revolutionizes the way you play fantasy football, head over to League Tycoon. All right, FITZI, you are up for your Crossroad players. Who is number one?
Speaker 4: Let's lead off with Jordan Love and come out swinging. This will be the first time the Packers have opened the season with a quarterback other than Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers leading the offense. It's nineteen ninety two when it was Don mkowski and.
Speaker 1: So think of everyone remembers Don mccowsky.
Speaker 3: The Magic Man.
Speaker 4: See think about that. That was thirty one years ago. So unless you are around forty years old or older, you can't remember the Green Bed Packers being directed by anyone.
Speaker 5: I am that old and I don't remember them.
Speaker 1: Yeahah, I don't remember anyone.
Speaker 3: And mckowsky wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: He was perfectly average, but then he got hurt early in ninety two.
Speaker 3: Farv came in and you know, Farv was terrific.
Speaker 1: But it's history.
Speaker 4: As for Love, I mean, I'll be honest, I have no freaking idea how Love is going to do this year. And I'm a Packers fan, But like his in free appearances over the first three years of his career have been kind of a mixed bag. I mean, he made this start for Aaron Rodgers in twenty twenty one in Kansas City because Rogers had COVID and Love was pretty terrible in that game. And then last year when the Eagles were just mopping the deck with the Packers, Love came in got to play most of the second half and it was really sharp, granted against a team that was more or less in the prevent defense because they were protecting a big lead, so really hard to tell. And even his college career Utah State was a mixed bag. Terrific numbers as sophomore year, then in his third and final year seventeen interceptions, and the Packers picked him in the first round anyway the following spring. So I do know this about Love though, Like if he is good this year, he's going to start again for the Packers in twenty twenty four, And if he's terrible, the Packers are going to draft a quarterback in twenty twenty four. Because terrible, they're going to have a top ten draft pick next year, and they're probably going to have the Jets first round draft pick two to possibly use to maneuver up and maybe position themselves for a Drake May type guy. So it's truly a crossroads season for Love. Like his ECR right now is quarterback twenty three in Dynasty there's no way he's going to have an ECR in the twenty to thirty range next year. He's either going to be good this year and it's going to be in the top twenty, or he's gonna absolutely tank and he'll probably be out of the top forty. So I completely agree the definition of a crossroads player right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Russ, it's uh. If he ain't this is Ricky Bobby. If he ain't first, your last year. So he better be good this year. In the NFL, any cliche you want to say, not for long. Whatever, it is strike one and you're out. Jordan Love, like you know this, this is your audition, And it sucks for him that, like Fitz said, if he's not good, they're definitely drafting his replacement. So maybe he would start a couple of games next year, but they'd be clamoring for the new guy real fast. If Jordan Love doesn't look good this year, So what do you think? Is he a sink or swim this year?
Speaker 5: It's it's funny because, like you point out that they just two quarterbacks in like seventy four years, and this dude has like five games to prove himself, like that that's that's not cool, but it's right, it's true, and that's unfortunate for him, and like you know, coming in on games where he wasn't really you know, ready you want this to think that everyone's mahomes right. You get one game and then you go out and you throw three touchdowns. I mean, Matt Flint came out and threw six and we saw how well that went anyway. But hey, Russell Wilson came from that one, so I'm still thrilled about it. Yeah, you're absolutely right, but that's he's Yeah, he's either their starter for the next couple of years at least, or he's just straight up gone. Twenty four twenty three. I think you said, like that's a little lower than I thought it would be, but I get it. It is also because of who he's coming in after the situation like no one's bad at an eye. Well, I guess it's a different time and place. Even when Aaron Rodgers sat for a couple of years, but like no One really wasn't the biggest deal. Like even I remember hearing how much they loved Aaron Rodgers during practice. They used to call him the chameleon quarterback. Because he could imitate anyone that they were going to be playing against. And I'm just like, all right, I'm excited for this guy to start because that sounds awesome and like I expected it, like I want you to come out throwing lefty one game for no reason. I was a little let down on that one, but like, yeah, Jordan Love, there's never been anything great said about him. He comes in and they shouldn't have drafted him when they did, which makes it even harder that he's been sitting for that long. I mean, I'm glad that kid is still making a lot of money sitting there doing nothing, because at least there's that, yeah, absolute cross roads, and you're absolutely right. He is either going to push himself up to that sixteen area where he's a low end one, high end two, or he's gonna be in the forties.
Speaker 1: Exact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there can't be in between.
Speaker 2: I'll go out on limb. I think he's gonna have a good year. I think he's gonna have a pretty good year. Fits I'm excited about him. He could be a Konami code guy, as you would like to call the guys that run like that. Uh, if they let him do it, And why wouldn't they You get one year to do, uh, to to go and show what you are.
Speaker 1: Let him do whatever he can.
Speaker 2: So I think they're gonna tailor this offense to him, and I think it's gonna make him look pretty good.
Speaker 5: So I'm to go out and do it whether they let him or not, because why wouldn't make for his job, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is an audition for other jobs too, if they decide you're not good enough.
Speaker 1: So I'm waiting.
Speaker 4: It's gonna it's gonna help that they do have one of the best offensive lines in the league, assuming good health for David Bacciari and Elton Jenkins. But uh, you know, I just wish she didn't have like one of the youngest pass catching groups in NFL history.
Speaker 2: He was drawing tom but if he had a good wide receiver, he probably would be on the Packers because they would have taken a white out where they took him, which is why the Packers fans don't like Jordan Love because he should have been a wide out. But that's a different story for a different show. FITZI, who's your second player at the crossroads here?
Speaker 3: It's JK.
Speaker 5: Dobbins.
Speaker 4: Bogs, and you know he had that devastating knee injury in the twenty twenty one preseason the cost of a year. Came back in Week three of last year and still didn't look right.
Speaker 3: They shut him down.
Speaker 4: He had clean up surgery, and then when he came back in December, man, I mean he looked really good. Fifty seven carries, three hundred and ninety seven yards in his last four games, almost one hundred yards a game and just under seven yards of carry. So like more like his old Ohio state itself. But then training camp now like there's already drama with Dobbins put on the pop list. He also missed the first day of Ravens training camp entirely, and when John Harbaugh was asked about it, his response was, I wish it was a simple answer. There's always a lot of things that go into football, but there's some complexity to it, and we're working through all that. JK is working through it, and I'm looking forward to when he's out there. So what does that mean? Is it knee related? Is it contractual? Since Dobbins is go all those guys right and he's on his rookie.
Speaker 3: He's on his rookie deal.
Speaker 4: But then of course because of the injuries, he hasn't really proven himself. So why is he, you know, trying to do this this weird holdout thing. So again the other thing, like we we have not seen what he can do as a pass catcher in the NFL, Like he was pretty good at it at Ohio State, but the the old offense just didn't give him the chance. And now maybe with Todd Monkin he does get a chance. So the Ravens just they signed Melvin Gordon, who may or may not have anything left. Just a lot of questions about JK. Dobbins going into this year, and I sense that his value is either going to go way up or way down, kind.
Speaker 2: Of like Jordan Love Yeah, Russ JK Dobbins ECR running back sixteen right now. But his finishes in his two seasons where he's played RB thirty three and then last year RB thirty five. Of course he wasn't a full time guy in twenty twenty. They ran Lamar and Gus Edwards more times than him. He only has two hundred and fifty one touches over his two seasons and only twenty five receptions. Where do you see this guy Dobbins. I mean, hopefully they start throwing into the running backs more, but they're just like the Eagles where they don't do it that much. Monkin should change this offense and maybe they throw to him more. Is this year we see Dobbins breakout and look good or is he just kind of a hype machine every year and we're just never going to get to that peak.
Speaker 5: Well, we have a rushing quarterback, you're always going to get less passes to the backs because it's usually like, oh God, don't hit me, don't hit me, don't hit me, dump off, you know, Markley, it works, man like it's it's rough. Because another one of these things where Dobbins was by far my favorite running back coming in in twenty twenty. I greatly understood that Jonathan Taylor was better that that it is what it is. That's fine, but Dobbins was easily my favorite. And then he landed on Baltimore and I was like eighty percent stoked about it, because you're right, twenty percent is you want those receptions. But he looked good whenever he was on the field. You know that year where Ingram was scoring like sixteen touchdowns again, Dobbins still came in at the end of the season and put up like six or seven. Looked pretty good the unfortunate knee injury, and you could even see by the end of the season when he was still almost getting one hundred yards a game, he got caught on every run like he was not full strength whatsoever because he was slow but still good. So I'm riding with my same things I do with everyone in this Ravens offense. Hopefully this offense just gets that much better. Whatever it's the preseasons, I do, you know the best I can. Fingers in ears, eyes closed, la la lah. Whenever anyone's missing camp, like Garrett Wilson just walked off the fields. He rolled his ankle. No, no, he's fine, he's fine, he's fine, he's fine.
Speaker 2: But everybody gets carted off. I mean, you you have a hangnail, they'll cart you off.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's actually big news to every single time.
Speaker 5: Man, this figure's really hurting me. I don't want to walk to the sidelines.
Speaker 1: Cart, car on the cart, get on the cart.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I do my best to ignore whatever the heck is going on right now, and I'm I'm there with Dobbin. So I'm ignoring all of this. All I can say is, if he's healthy, if this offense takes the step forward, he's going to do very well for Fantasy. Same thing with Swift, though it's too late for him to really boost his dynasty value all that much. You know, he's gonna go into his second contract the younger guys, the guys who catch the ball or and I. I'm fine with that because I don't like, you know, spending on running backs. So give me these guys. I can spend mid RB two prices, but we'll have weekly upside of maybe the RB one on a really good Baltimore game. You know. So I'm in on Dobbins. I have, I recently have traded for many many shares of him. I collect football cards. I went and I just got a bunch of Swift and Dobbins just in case they blow up. I'm ready for it, you know. Like, I'm all in on Dobbins right now, and I am completely in denial that there's an other side to him just doing awesome this year. But you're absolutely right. If he doesn't show out, he's just gonna drop Fitz.
Speaker 2: If I gave you the same question as I did before. Dobbins is an RB one after this year or on RB three? Which one is more likely?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say three. I don't think he catches enough passes to get to RB one value.
Speaker 2: And that's fair, and he'll probably end up being an RB two. But that's you know, that's where you gotta do the dance, is you know this is a run first team. I'd rather take my shot on Dobbins than take my shot on Bateman, even though I know his career is gonna be shorter, because I think Dobbins can get to a higher plateau than I think Bateman can in that type of offense, even though we haven't seen it or how it works. I mean, Georgia is still a run first team last year, so I believe in the running ability of Dobbins, so I'll take my shot on him. Before we get to Fitz's third guy here, let me ask you, is that trade offer you received a boom or bust for your team? Stop guessing and get instant analysis with our trade analyzer at fantasypros dot com Slash analyzer, whether it's a two for one, three for two, and even trade. The trade analyzer has got your back. It's also perfect for dynasty leagues and supports trades with draft picks. The Trade Analyzer lets you see how your league power rankings shift before and after the trade. Navigate your negotiations with confidence, and head over to Fantasypros dot com slash Analyzer start evaluating your trade offers now. Also, if you love the show and you want to interact with us directly, then Pat and I will be answering questions each week for premium subscribers on Fridays at five pm Eastern over at our discord at Fantasypros dot com slash Dynasty Chat. Go check it out. We are there every single Friday. As long as I am not in the grave and still have a voice by Friday, I will be there. FITZI, who is your last crossroad player here?
Speaker 4: It's Chase Claypool, and it is going to take a whole lot of failure for me to completely give up on a wide receiver who is six four, two hundred and thirty eight pounds and runs a four to four and was a second round NFL draft pick. Like our buddies at playerprofiler dot com have this thing called a speed score metric, and it basically combines the player's forty times with his weights, and Claypool has a one hundred percent Tiles speed score. I mean then, yep, I mean that's why he's Maple Tron. You know, Calvin Johnson was Megatron just as big, just as fast, and you know, Claypool's Canadian, so the Maple thing. But yeah, and this guy, I mean, he had nine touchdowns as a rookie and his first two seasons in the league clear to eight hundred yards, so you know, it's not like he was really bad his first two seasons. His first bad season was year three last year, when he you know, missed a couple of games with the spray knee and was traded mid season to a very run heavy team. So it would be easy for me to give him a mulligan on twenty twenty two. You know, the guy just turned twenty five earlier this month. But we also know that Claypool can be kind of a knucklehead. And Boggs, you and I have talked about this game, the twenty twenty one game against the Vikings where the Steelers are down eight down eight You're Steelers in the final minute of the game, Claypool catch as a pass while they're in the hurry up, goes through this elaborate first down gesture, and then when one of the linemen tries to take the ball away from him, he shoves the lineman. I feel like he was just destined to get traded after that. But lo and behold, the Steelers found a team that was willing to give up a second round pick for him, The Bears. Ryan Poles ends up being the first pick of the second round in this year's draft.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was a Joey Porter.
Speaker 1: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was a terrible trade for the Bears, but nonetheless, Ryan Poles wanted this guy on the Bears.
Speaker 3: He wanted this guy on the team.
Speaker 4: And you know, he's still got that size and speed to dream on. But you know, Claypool himself has acknowledged this is going to be the biggest year of his life.
Speaker 3: And like, I don't know that he needs to be a.
Speaker 4: Thousand yard guy to rekindle our interest in him in the Dynasty community, but like he needs to do something. And you know, now he's got increased target competition with DJ Moore in town, with Darnell Mooney coming back, from an injury, so it's gonna be interesting to see Bogs.
Speaker 3: I still have some hope here, but that hope could be.
Speaker 4: Greatly diminished if twenty twenty three does not go well for Chase Claypool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not a Claypool guy, probably because I'm a Steelers fan, but I also understand that. You know, Claypool came out swinging eleven touchdowns that first season, nine through the air, two on the ground, and the last two seasons combined he's had three, so you know, it's just it's not it doesn't look great. He goes to a run heavy offense that also traded for DJ Moore and they just gave the bag to Cole Comet, so I think maybe those guys are one two in the pecking order right now. Darnell Mooney not a slouch either, So Claypool has all the physical tools to get here, Russ, but I don't know if he's ever going to put it together between the years, and it's run first, run heavy offense here in Chicago with Justin Field, so I just really don't like his place in that offense either, not saying he can't, you know, break out and still be a good player. I would think it would probably be somewhere other than Chicago though, if he did, and who knows how long that's going to take. So what is your thought on Chase Claypool moving forward here?
Speaker 1: Russ? Yeah, right, Noise, this.
Speaker 5: Is the first one, Like, I think he's passed the crossroads already and it has nothing. It's not necessarily his faults. Like he went from a situation is rookie year, which was perfect for him, where it was someone who was capable of just getting it high in it was like Eli Manning throwing to Plexico Burus. Just get it high enough and Claypool will still be able to catch it and he could do things with it because like he's way too athletic for the size and shape that he is. And then Kenny Pikett came along and Mitchell Trubisky and all this just like and the offense just got worse and worse, and then you're right, getting traded was the best thing for him, and then it went very poorly with where he went. So he definitely has the ability to make the people who believe in him continue to believe. But I think you're gonna find far too much of the community out on him already, which will be great for you because you'll be able to send late seconds and go get yourself and Chase Claypool on your teams. And yeah, when he has those random four touchdown games, that's gonna work out real well for you because we've literally seen him capable of rushing and receiving multiple touchdowns in one game. So he's a great player. I hate the phrase he's great for bestball, but yeah, But like in most of the leagues I play, you start ten players, and especially like if you're like Scott fish bowl Lands, where you have to start three wide receivers, having someone like Chase Claypool at the bottom of your roster is fantastic because if the top of your roster is strong enough, having someone with that ceiling that you paid so little to get is great. But I think that's really where he's stuck. I think that's where he is as a fantasy asset. And again, you need that like that player needs. We need those players in a twelve team, start ten league. But he might pick a couple of steps away from the crossroads.
Speaker 1: In my mind already too much him and ha Hahn for confidence on.
Speaker 2: I would say, Look, his finishes last year was bad. Why does he ready two? Obviously injuries and traded and blah blah blah. Wide receiver forty in a second year, Wide receiver thirty five in his first rookie season. Most of his a lot of his is going to be tied to touchdowns. I think that's what he's gonna be, especially in a run heavy offense. So I'm gonna set the over at five and a half. Touchdowns eleven in his first season fits two and then one. If I set it at five and a half. Are you saying that Claypool goes over that or under that this year?
Speaker 3: Oh? General pessimism about the Bears offense.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, man the man. Yeah, I'm a.
Speaker 4: Fields fan, but I just wonder if he's going to generate enough passing touchdowns for him to get there.
Speaker 1: So i'd say, under, Okay, Russ five and a half, what are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm actually feeling a little optimistic about this because, like you said, his stats will land on touch well, his fantasy output will land on touchdowns, and when you get to the red zone, like Cokeomat's a big body, but he's not that imposing target that Claypool is. So I think you're going to see a lot of back corner fades, a lot of right at the posts, you know, jumping over everybody, like pretends throw away, but you just again throw it high enough where he's probably the only human being on the field capable of catching it. So I think there's definitely a possibility and a likely one where he does put up a good seven ten touchdowns. But when you're also averaging like two three catches a game and like maybe forty yards even though you still get one hundred and twenty every once in a while, you're not gonna feel great about starting him unless it's that week, and you won't know that's till lafterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that touchdown is your make a break for his production most week, so gotta get it. I will go through mine a little bit faster here because I don't have all my players I think are lower than the guys that we've mentioned here. Maybe Claypool is the lowest that we've mentioned here. But let's start out with your boy, AJ Dillon Fitzi. His ECRs RB thirty three in PPR, which is most Dynasty formats or PPR. His finishes have been RB thirty eight, RB thirty six in RB ninety four when he wasn't even playing his rookie seasons, last two seasons and touches is two twenty one, two fourteen. He's a UFA next year. I like AJ Dillon. I saw him, you know, at Boston College. He was the only show in town. They knew what was coming and he still ran over people. So I like AJ Dillon, But Aaron Jones is one of the best running backs in the NFL, so it's hard to move past that guy. But he if he wants a big contract and he wants to start for someone and not be a be back next to another player, he's gonna have to have a big year. Can we see it from him? Out of a team that should run more now that Aaron Rodgers has gone, What do you think about AJ Dillon for your Packers, Fitzie.
Speaker 4: I thought we were gonna see it maybe last year when DeVante Adams was gone, and I figured they'd throw more or run more and throw to their backs more last year, and it really didn't happen at all. And I'm kind of out on Dylan Boggs. I think he's just a between the tackles plotter, Like, I mean, he's tough to tackle, but I don't think he has the juice and the burst that Derrick Henry has. I don't think he's gonna he's got Dereck Henry up because I no way, Like that's not aj Dillon. And like he's got a really limited pass catch. We saw the upside with him a couple of years ago with pass catching, where like he had a modest number of targets but was really efficient with them. Like that's the ceiling with his targets and that was still only what like a twenty nine catch these I don't have his numbers in front of me, but like.
Speaker 3: There wasn't enough to really move the needl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that, Russ. What do you think about ag Dyllon? This is a guy that can move into RB two one status or is he stuck in neutral like RB three moving forward in his career.
Speaker 5: I think he stuck at RB three. He is this is a very strange sentence. He's the human version of Derrick Henry, like because Derek Henry is not a human being, And that was always the kind of at least the rap that I've seen around Dylan. He needed a very specific situation to do as well as we wanted him to do, and the Packers was never it because it seemed like when they had Jamal Williams, they had to find roles and between Williams and Jones and then they're like, wait, we have two very good running backs, so let's just mix them in and whatever happens happens. And it worked really well, and Aaron Jones usually got the better of it because he was better. But they went back to those roles like AJ Dillon caught like maybe it felt like five passes on the season. He for some reason though, didn't get all of the goal line work like it seems like they weren't ready just to be like okay go, which again led me to believe that they were ditching Aaron Jones this year like last year, run him into the ground. Next year, we're not going to have Rogers and let's run with Dylan for like the last year of his contract. Aaron Jones is still there, like there's no reason for it to change. I have him on a couple of teams. Well, I have enough teams that I have pretty much every play around, right, But it's not someone A J. Dillan is not, So I'm super excited to see on my roster. But it's funny, like I start saying these things like, wait, these are human beings. I hope he does well as a person, like I hope he does well, but I'm not betting anything on it.
Speaker 1: Real, Yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 2: Look, I like AJ Dyllon and I think that he gets he can if he can get out of Green Bay and he can go to somewhere where he can be the main guy. If he goes like Tampa Bay next year, maybe seat White doesn't work out, whatever, he goes to Miami, you know where, you're still gonna use a bunch of backs, but one guy could be the main guy there next year. Like, if he goes into one one of those spots, I'm gonna be all in because I still like him. But he's got to land in the right situation to do that. He has to show out this year. And that is where I don't know if we get it, because Aaron Jones is too good unless mother Nature just catches up with Aaron Jones this year and beats him into the dirt.
Speaker 1: So I don't have any shares of him. I'll say it all I want.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 5: Please don't say that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna love these next two wide receivers together because I do think that they're very similar, and ECR has him similarly ranked here. Elijah Moore is a ECR wide receiver forty three. His finishes last year was wide receiver one hundred because he didn't play, and it was wide.
Speaker 1: Receiver thirty two.
Speaker 2: But remember he was like a top ten wide out for the last four weeks in twenty twenty, so he was or twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: He was excellent. A second round pick.
Speaker 2: He still hasn't hit fifty receptions yet, part of his bad quarterback play coach Doghouse and all that stuff. But now he's going to have to work behind Himrik Cooper in another run first offense. So I'm a little I'm not as excited as some people, but there's a lot of skill for Elijah Moore. The other guy gave Davis ECR wide receiver forty six. His finishes have been forty two last year, seventy nine to seventy five. He's a post type sleeper. Last year's assertion that he could possibly be better than Stefan Diggs by people was laughable, but we might be too low on him now. And they haven't added a Hopkins or anybody else, like you know, Stefan Diggs had a whole little cry baby fit about that a couple of weeks ago. And this is another guy that hasn't had fifty catches in a season, but he does have twenty touchdowns in three years. So Elijah Moore, Gabe Davis FITZI who would you rather have between them?
Speaker 1: And do you think either one of them will move up this year?
Speaker 4: I would rather have More. I'm optimistic he'll move up. I mean, the only thing I don't really like about More is that he kind of pulled a diva routine last year because he wasn't getting the ball from Zach Wilson.
Speaker 3: But it's like, Okay, we get it, dude, your quarterback sucks.
Speaker 4: You're not getting the ball as much, but like, just shut up and the quarterback situation will get better, you know. For him to like kind of sulk his way off the team, I don't know. We'll see if that becomes an issue for him in his career, like little bouts of petulance like that. But I'm optimistic about the talent. As for Davis, so yes, I'm kind of willing to give.
Speaker 3: Him a pass.
Speaker 4: Last year, It's possible the high ankle sprain that he had early in the season lingered, and then we saw Josh Allen with the elbow injury that sort of forwarded his passing numbers late in the season. My one concern with Davis is that he just hasn't It's the George Pickens thing that we've talked about Bobman, just the ability to consistently command targets. We haven't seen that from Davis. So Russ said it before, like the good for best ball phrase, Davis is a good for best ball guy for sure, But he is a tough guy in a managed league because you know you're going to get some great weeks probably and you're gonna get some weeks where you don't even know he's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Russ Moore is my guy between these two dudes as well, and it's because I think he's a more complete wide receiver. I think that gave Davis is a deep threat, and I think he's not probably gonna amount to much more than that. Not saying he can't, but I don't see it. He's got to prove it to everybody. I think Elijah Moore and Moore hasn't just had the shot right, it's you know, your little cry baby last year, so you relegated the bench, and you had a good year the year before. But it's been some rough QB play. So I think even though these guys are so close, only separated by three guys here, I'm just much more optimistic about Elijah Moore.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Like, imagine if he didn't pull that de of a routine and he had Aaron Rodgers throwing Art Wilson on the other side, Like that is beautiful, Like I get it, Like my brain doesn't work the way like football, like athletes in general work, Like I don't have that competitiveness in me. So being the number two sounds wonderful because the other dude's getting hit a lot more, getting covered a lot more, and I just look good because I have the second to third best coverage on the team. But even still, when you think about it, he landed in a really good spot because yeah, Amari Cooper's there. Mariy Cooper in my head is eternally like twenty three. But he's like twenty eight, twenty nine now, and while he is the kind of play that gets by on his footwork, not on his speed, so he's not really going to age out. But Elijah Moore is really really good and he does have that good route running also and showed that he could be one ish you know, xish on his team. And while DPJ has Donovan Peoples, Jones has his moments, and I mean, I think they ended up with Tillman, right, you know, they rafted another tall wide receiver, and I'm a sucker for an X type wide receiver, but I think More can easily work a nice slot role where he does not leave the field anytime there's three wide receivers there and then only evolve from there short of getting in another technician of a wide receiver. Will I ever now at this point be worried because you want Elijah Moore on the field with another tall dude on the other side, because they don't do the same thing. Right, If they're both good, they both have weakened defense on them because you need to worry about multiple people. I'm in on More and well, Deshaun Watson as a football player is very good, you know, he's talented, so I'm not worried about that, like we were worried about Zach Wilson, Mike White and Joe Flacco and all of that. And Gabe Davis good for best ball, Like I have been on a lot of teams for the same exact reason I said about Claypool. Yeah, I love having him on the bottom of my rosters, the bottom of my starters, because there's a chance. I was at a Jets game last year that Justs were playing the Dolphins, and of course, not only was Tua hurt, but then Skyler Thompson got hurt. So I'm watching, like, dudes, I'd never heard of playing quarterback, and oh no, it was Tua was hurt. And then Teddy Bridgewater got hurt on the second play, and I was watching Skyler Thompson, who at the time no one knew who the heck he was. And I look at the scoreboard and of course, now we're in the world where fantasy football stats are on an NFL scoreboards and it's wonderful. And you see Gabe Davis one catch ninety yards touchdown, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, that was against the Steelers. Yeah, I remember that one.
Speaker 5: Oh, and then I sneeze and I look at the scoreboard and it's two for one, sixty six and two touchdowns. Yeah, and I'm like, oh, okay, all right, So like that's that, Like you're like you said, that's the upside of Gabe Davis. You'll get that twice the season probably, And honestly, like, even though Dalton kin Kaid plays another position, that worries me for Gabe Davis because being the pass catcher three on the Bills, it's not great, but it's great for the Bills because he'll be the most dependable wide receiver three they've pass catcher three they've had in a while. You know, they tried with McKenzie and uh, other guys are completely blanking on that. They had to bring back Cole Beasley for a while, you know, like so like, so hopefully it works out well, he finds his place in that offense. Digs doesn't seem long for that team for the way he's talking, So maybe Davis finds some more work. But yeah, I think you're right. I think another bad season and even the the Truthers that have dug their heels in for years might start loosening their foothold on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, both these guys have upside, but Elijah Moore is the guy that I want to buy if I'm buying one of them in that spot. The last guy I'll mention here Paris Campbell ECR eighty seven. He was wide receiver sixty last year, but the previous three seasons he only played fourteen games total. And are we done with the injury issues in his first three seasons? Is a big question about Paris Campbell. He went ninety one targets, sixty three catches, six and twenty three and three touchdowns last season with some horrendous QB play in Indy. The Giants have an opening for a number one target player on their team. Saquon letting targets last year. They signed Campbell and Waller to help. They drafted Jalen Hyatt. They are looking high and low for a guy. And there's a lot of on Paris Campbell this offseason about how they're going to use him on trick plays and reverses and out of the backfield and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm kinda I don't know, I'm kind of buying in.
Speaker 2: A little bit because there is opportunity for the Giants fits so like as a last round flyer, if I'm trading him for a late round draft pick something like that, like, I'll go and try and see if Paris Campbell can do it. Although you know his skill set is slot only, you know, can't get off of you know, a jam at the line, that kind of stuff. He's undersize, he can still be valuable. What do you think about Paris Campbell? Do you think this is it?
Speaker 1: He gets on a roll with the Giants or he probably gets hurt again and we can be done.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to be one of those guys who always has trouble staying healthy. And while I think he's talented, I don't know if he's so talented to be able to distinguish himself from amongst this just deep group of wide receivers and deep group of slot receivers the Giants have. I feel like this team is destined to have like no one with more than about six hundred and twenty receiving yards this year, but about like five guys between three point fifty and six twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, feels bad for New York russ.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I don't expect Waller to stay healthy because he never does you know he's Sterling Shepherd even alive. I don't know what's going on with him. You know, Slayton loves to drop football's Paris Campbell. This is why Saquon led them in targets last year. You know it's not great there. So what do you think about Paris Campbell? Do you think he can he can do it in New York? Would you take a flyer on him? Or is he someone you're ignoring. I will never ever give up on Paris Campbell. I don't know what it is about him. Like I told you, I collect cards.
Speaker 5: I have a set of cards of all the players I believe in when they came in, whether they ended up good at Like I have my jj R Thaga Whiteside card over there, like that's cool, that's that's the level. But I have my Paris Campbell cards sitting over there. I'm ready for it. It's really funny. The Giants are doing something that you've never really seen in the NFL before. They have a plan and they know how many of their players get hurt. So like, all right, we have Sterling Shepherd, he gets hurt a lot. Let's get one. Let's draft Rondel Robinson. Okay, okay, Paris Campbell, yes, okay, cool, let's go. Let's go. Cole Beasley's free. Okay. We need a slot receiver, and I don't care who gets hurt. We're gonna have one on our team. Like so, I'm ready for it.
Speaker 3: I'm here.
Speaker 5: If every time Paris Campbell has been on the field and healthy on a we'll call it functional offense, he's done really well. It seems like Pat, You're right, his body might not be able to hold up the NFL, in which case I hope he's at least pass catcher three on their team. So he doesn't take fifteen hits a game. You know, let him catch six balls because his aid out is like two, you know, like he doesn't he doesn't have to walk, he doesn't have to run very far before he catches the ball. But usually that means he gets hit by linebackers, and that doesn't bode well for a small man like him. I want it to work out. I really, really, really really do, because I really do like Paris Campbell. I will say it is cautious optimism at this point, but I will until the day he plays a full season and it just doesn't work out. I will be like, once he's healthy, he could do it. He could be in the league for sixteen years. Once he's healthy, he'll do it. Russ, he has a walker, but he looks real good with that walker. He can fight off with defenseman with it. It's fine, it's fine, push over the linebacker with it.
Speaker 2: If I said you could have Claypool for a second or Campbell for a fourth, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Oh, Campbell, very very easily, because honestly, whether it's assuming PPR league, let's put it that way, right, because it's it's Claypool's touchdowns or the number of plays we can get out of Campbell in a game. Because again it you know, I mean remember Jarvis Landry on the Dolphins. Like it wasn't pretty, but it got the job job done, and he got that one year where he scored double digit touchdowns and was the wide receiver three. Not saying that's Paris Campbell or anything, but like, it's a physical possibility. It's a way that it could absolutely work, and I want it to happen. But it's also rough because I really like Wondelle Robinson, I really liked Aaron Waller, Like and it doesn't hurt that I live in New Jersey and I can go watch them play. Tickets are so much cheaper. But like, I don't know what this offense is going to look like because again they have so many of the same thing, and then they have Slayton and Hyatt on the other side, so they're probably gonna bring in one more speeds to just in case. So I really like Paris Campbell, I'm not gonna give up on him. And like you said before, the great thing is you send someone a third for Paris Campbell, there's gonna yeah, fine, whatever. Yeah, So if you like him, you can get him, and that is always a good thing in this game where you don't have to fight to get the like everybody loves Justin. Justin Jefferson, you're.
Speaker 1: Not getting them, right, yeah, put out of my cold dead hands, right yeah.
Speaker 5: Paris Campbell, you want him, you could very easily find a way to put him on your roster.
Speaker 2: The moneyball move is getting Paris Campbell, I think is where we're falling on this. Yes, so go get him for a cheap pick. And what do you think about these crossroad players? Who's gonna make it? Who is going to fail and who did we miss Let us know in the comments. We would love it. So that will wrap it up for a crossroads player. You can follow us on Twitter, app bog and sports for myself, at fit Center, Score f F for Fitzie, and at Dynasty Outhouse for Russ.
Speaker 1: We will see you guys next week. Take it easy, everybody.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast.
Speaker 5: Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros