Speaker 1: Where the Breakfast Club is old.
Speaker 2: Wait, you got the Breakfast Club, Envy and Charlomagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 1: You then Wenna come here when this thing. See y'all different, y'all the coachure, it's different. You know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what you're talking.
Speaker 3: This is probably becoming the most prominent forum for hill problems.
Speaker 4: Being here next to all of you guys.
Speaker 3: It's really put put it in perspective to the breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 5: Wake up, good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo Charlamagne to god, he stood the plane.
Speaker 1: It is Monday. What's happening this morning? Monday?
Speaker 5: Back to the work week?
Speaker 1: Money?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: What a great weekend it was. Now's your weekend? What you do? Oh man? I do nothing?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, Friday has some meetings stuff like that. But Saturday, you know, it was all about the fight. Like there's nothing like a good fight night in America. And we had a well, it was supposed to be a great fight between Terrence Crawford and Earl Spence, two generational talents, yep, you know, to to wealth weights in their prime, you know.
Speaker 1: But we didn't get the competitive fight that we thought it.
Speaker 3: Was gonna get.
Speaker 1: No, No, not at all, but no.
Speaker 3: But the anticipation and everything leading up to it was great. And there's nothing like a great fight night in America. I think the only thing that compares is the super Bowl. When it's a great fight night, when you got two premier fighters face each other, there is nothing that generates more excitement, I think, other than the super Bowl.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was out in Atlanta. Shout Atlanta, drop a bomb for everybody out in Atlanta. I did my car show over the weekend, So I want to salute to everybody that came out. Salute to so many people gave me their cause. It was just an amazing show. Shout to Young Dolf's wife and his kids. They pulled up to the car show, they were super duper happy, super duper excited. They just loved the fact that they continued I can continue the legacy of his cause, of his music, of you know, some of the artifacts that we had. They were super duper excited about that. So I want to salute to them and then after we went to a sweet night club to watch the fight, and like you said, it was so much energy, Like people were so excited.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it like this now.
Speaker 8: It's like the fight started with like eleven thirty yep, eleven thirty, twelve o'clock.
Speaker 1: There was no music on in the club. This is a club.
Speaker 8: Everybody was watching the fight. Then the DJ started, you know, in between rounds. Wanted to play the music. They did it that immediately, you know, turn that off. We want to hear what they're saying. And like you said, the energy was great until budget started whooping.
Speaker 3: The only thing I don't like about this fight is that the casual boxing fans who might have watched his fight for the first time, I watched boxing for the first time because of the excitement around it.
Speaker 1: Now they think Earl Spence is a scrub.
Speaker 3: They're asking I thought, y'all said he was good. I thought, y'all that this is supposed to be a fifty to fifty fight. Understand what I'm telling you telling y'all. Earl Spence was an undefeated, correct undisputed three division champion, had never been knocked down.
Speaker 1: Ever in his career.
Speaker 3: Right Terrence Crawford put him on his ass three times drop on the clues box of terms, Crawford, I picked Earl Spence. I was wrong, clearly, you know what I mean. But nobody thought we was gonna see what we saw Saturday night. So let me ask he thought we was going to see that level of dominance, you know, and it's and you know, when Terrence Crawford was here, we talked about him rising to the level the level of his opponent. We've never seen Terrence Crawford look that good because he'd never seen him fight somebody that good. Right, But let me ask you a question. I see, I'm a casual boxing fan. After Floyd Mayweb, I kind of just left boxing a lot. What do you think it was that that? Do you think Errol wasn't prepared?
Speaker 8: Because watching the fight, he just didn't look like he had the energy that I usually see him with, and he didn't look like he had the flair that I used the same way.
Speaker 1: But I am a casual boxing fan.
Speaker 3: Down anything to do with Earl Spenson, everything to do with Terrence Crawford. You know, Terrems Crawford is just an elite fighter. Not saying that Earl Spence isn't. But you know there's clearly levels to elite.
Speaker 8: So you think if there is a rematch, you don't think the same. I don't want to see no rematch, really no, So you don't think you can come back to watch the tape.
Speaker 1: Men don't want to see a rematch.
Speaker 3: I don't see what they could take from that tape that they could apply to another fight, whether the fight's at one forty seven, one fifty four, that they would be a different hour.
Speaker 8: You'll think they could study the tape and retrain and train on things that they might have missed out.
Speaker 3: Anything can happen, but not after what we saw Saturday night. Jesus personally. That's just my personal opinion.
Speaker 1: Would I watch a rematch? Yeah? Sure, And the Aerosmans does have the rematch clause? Do I want to see one? No?
Speaker 8: All right, Well, let's get the show crack and we got front page news, and we come back a lot to discuss a lot what happened over the weekend, and we're gonna get into it all. I is the breakfast club the morning morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlemagne de Goud. We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Now, let's get in some front page news. Good morning Test and figure out.
Speaker 7: Good morning dj MV, Happy Monday, congrats on yet another car show, and good morning brothers, Charlemagne to God.
Speaker 1: Peace.
Speaker 3: Test.
Speaker 8: All right, let's jump right into it. I know we ain't got a lot of time. Let's start of Donald Trump. Yep, let's talk fast.
Speaker 7: Fulton County District Attorney Fanny Willis reaffirming a local news interview that she announced she will be making her decisions to charge President Trump former President Trump by September first in the investigation. Yet we knew it was coming, but she definitely said it's on the books by September first to overturn Georgia's twenty twenty presidential election result. Let's take a listen to what she had to say, and then I'll give you some more information on the other side.
Speaker 1: The work has accomplished. We've been working for two and a half years, and we're ready to go.
Speaker 9: In preparation for what may be handed down, Willis has blocked off much of August for her and her team to work remotely, asking judges not to schedule trials or in person hearings from August seventh to the fourteenth.
Speaker 3: What now what gets announced more nowadays Donald Trump indictments or Nick Cannon having babies.
Speaker 1: It's like Trump got another indictment and Nick got another baby on the way. Jesus right of one of the two.
Speaker 7: And speaking of protection and the importance of having protection, Donald Trump has a lot of mounting legal fees, obviously because of so many cases. So now they've created a Legal Defense Fund to help offset some of those fees. Now this fund is expected to cover also the current informer aids who have also been wrapped up in the investigations. Now, previous to this, he had a Save America Pack For those that don't know, A pack is a political action committee, and they've already spent about forty million dollars on fees. But now that is draining. So they started a new fund called the Patriot Legal Defense Fund. And so a Trump's spokesperson says, they're blaming the weaponized Department of Justice, and they believe that innocent Americans are being attacked for being associated with Trump. But Trump has some choice words for President Biden.
Speaker 1: Check it out.
Speaker 10: Smart people, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: They're at the top of their game.
Speaker 10: We have somebody that's not at the top of this game.
Speaker 1: Never was at the top of a game, never was.
Speaker 3: We have a guy who's a dumb son of a bus and to allow this to happen, Oh, I mean, Joe Biden could call him a criminal son of a bitch, you know what I mean. So, I mean it could go both ways. And look, look, nobody is above the law. And at some point Americans, even though Trump supporters, have to feel like this can't be the guy they want representing them because America has too many issues. Right, There's too many things to deal with in America to have a president that has that much baggage and that much issues because he's got his own discractions to deal with, don't you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 7: I mean even Republicans more, I guess coming out. Nicki Haley also said, we know Chris Christy was pretty vocal about it, but Nicki Haley also said that this is just too much. She says, you know, trying to do interviews to talk about what they want to do for America keeps going back to these indictments and investigations, and just to recap for everybody, there's two current investigations won the Georgia election to the January sixth insurrection and then two indictments, classified documents, and hush money.
Speaker 1: So this is just too much going on.
Speaker 7: You're spending the people are donating money thinking that they're donating to a pack to further the message, uh, you know, of the Republican Party, and that money's being spent on legal fees. So you know, there's some some question with that as well. So this is just I mean, it just seems to be too much. But his his supporters are obviously all I in Charlemagne because they keep standing by.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was gonna ask does it really matter because when he when he first came in off he had a bunch of accusations that seemed like people didn't care. He said, grab him by the you know. But even no, no, this is different. You're not found guilty yet though. No, no, you're the actual criminal indictment. It's different than just you know, but the.
Speaker 1: Way is people are looking at him is he's not found guilty yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little different though. You're actually fighting legal cases and a you're gonna have to fight legal cases in the court of law, but well as opposed to just somebody saying, oh he looked at the audio. Looks at this audio. He's a terrible person.
Speaker 1: But well, let's core care.
Speaker 3: I don't see. Eventually they're gonna have to I would think, you know, eventually they're gonna have to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if they if they want to, if Republicans want to win. This is according to again where Republican operators are saying, if they want to win or just basically handed over to President Biden, somebody's gonna have to talk about the issues at some point. You know, the Republican debate is coming up. Trump has qualified for the debate. They don't know if he's going to attend it. Probably likely not because the entire time he'll be talking about, you know, these cases, and they're trying to get the message out. So Republicans have to decide, are you do you want to get the message out or do you want to further you know, protect Donald Trump want one of the two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, cause I still got to know what I'm voting for, right Like, if I'm listening to these candidates, these candidates have to talk about.
Speaker 1: The issues I'm voting for, you know, because best interest correct.
Speaker 3: If you're not even if you're not even talking about that, because you're too busy talking about your criminal cases, or other candidates are too busy having to talk about your criminal case. Me as a voter, I'm left out in the dry. I'm left out the dry birsally all right.
Speaker 8: Well that is front page news, not tests we see in a couple of minutes. Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let us know how your weekend was.
Speaker 1: Was it good? Was it bad?
Speaker 8: Maybe you had a great fight night and you won some money. Maybe you lost some money. Maybe he went out to Vegas, maybe went to Atlanta. Maybe you went to go see Beyond. Say whatever it may be. Eight hundred five eight five one five won't get it off your chest. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Ray right, ray yo, Charlot Magne yady, what.
Speaker 1: Up are we lying? This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 12: We lie.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this san? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Hey man, what's up? I just wanted to talk about the car show.
Speaker 1: You went out in a Land of Stuff Studio. We made it and take pictures on that. Yes I did. Yes, a lot of people did. They love that.
Speaker 8: Some people smelling Charlamagne's seat. But that was a little weird, but you know it was.
Speaker 1: It was really dope. Thank you for coming, man, I really really appreciate it. We had a great time.
Speaker 13: I appreciate you and Charllete Magne. You gotta lay off man. Ain't no basing in man.
Speaker 1: I try to tell him you that's a damn line to take you. That's damn. I got a couple of messages from you.
Speaker 3: It may not be Beijing, but it's definitely just for men. I got a couple message for you.
Speaker 8: One somebody said, you don't be shouting out the country.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that meant.
Speaker 8: They was like, tell Charlamage he don't be shout out the country. He always tald about Monk's Corner, but he never shout out the country.
Speaker 1: I know what that means. Corner is the country? What are you talking about? That's what they told me. I'm just telling you. And then somebody said, shout out to Shrimp. You know who he is. Shrimp. Yeah, yeah, he was there. I guess so he said.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He said, tell tell Charlamage you're in in the shrimp.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's my guy. Salute the shrimp man. It was everybody from South Carolina. Everybody had all types of stories.
Speaker 15: For me.
Speaker 1: I knew Charlemagne with this, I was like Jesus Christ. But that it was.
Speaker 8: It was heavy, heavy, heavy, Uh, South Carolina in the car show in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: So salute to South Carolina and we might be well. I'll talk about that later.
Speaker 11: Hello, who's this to see from Detroit?
Speaker 13: What what up?
Speaker 1: Do? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 16: Hey Charla man, I need to But the uh apology?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Is it an apology for picking the wrong person? That's not a problems he was gonna love because I don't talk behind people back like everybody else.
Speaker 13: Hey, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That's just the reality of it.
Speaker 3: That's why I That's why I don't respect a lot of media personalities because they talk about people, but whenever they get in front of them, that energy changes mind, don't change ever.
Speaker 1: He would just wrong, he picked the wrong back. Yeah, the pology, man, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not gonna apologize, but I can admit I was wrong.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? But god damn you wrong?
Speaker 3: Reacted like Earls. Finch was a was a bad pick. Everybody thought it was going to be a fifty to fifty fight. For the most part, we didn't expect to see what we saw Saturday. Lord have mercy not at all.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? Hey?
Speaker 14: This is a Harry from Chicago.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? Broke it up your chest?
Speaker 13: I just wanted to say I appreciate what you guys.
Speaker 14: Do over there at the Breakfast Club and give a shout out.
Speaker 3: To my sons and Christian.
Speaker 13: Their kid's mom.
Speaker 1: Died last week. Sorry to hear that, brother, Yeah.
Speaker 17: Going through that.
Speaker 14: And then also, I know you guys passed up a lot of different guests here there when they need help. Wanted to call Actually cash if you guys, you guys too much resting on you guys love.
Speaker 1: That well, I'm good.
Speaker 8: I'd rather you find somebody and whatever money you gonna give to me getting somebody else.
Speaker 1: I'll take it up. You're better you better not.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna take me talking about You're not gonna takes that's all, y'all.
Speaker 1: Ain't no, y'all. Hold on.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna give you better not man, pass that on to somebody else. That that needs right now, you see somebody online and McDonald's or whatever it may be, you just you know, you take people know McDonald's. Whatever it make me take whatever you give me.
Speaker 1: No, man, I'm not.
Speaker 8: You're going to Starbucks this morning. The person in front of you, the old person, just get them to get it, give it to.
Speaker 3: Them, no matter fact. Let me find my calf. I don't even know my cash. I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 1: Hold on one second. No, you better not getting this money. You better not.
Speaker 8: Thank you, brother, I appreciate you, but I'm serious.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 8: You see somebody dunky don its a Starbucks today. Whatever you get your sandwiches and and you pay for them and say that's courtesy the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Pay for your favorite radio personalities Breakfast too. I have no problem taking y'all money.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking. Goodbye, sir, I'm not taking that man money. I have no problem. Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to hit us up now, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfas Us Club. Today is your time to get it off your chest. Way up. Whether you're mad or bleach, tell to get up and get something. Call up now eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello.
Speaker 5: Who's this.
Speaker 13: Matthews?
Speaker 1: That's Jisha Saint Matthew. Who's what's happening? What's the key?
Speaker 18: She?
Speaker 1: Get off your chest?
Speaker 6: I wanted to see that.
Speaker 19: Yeahsha and Atlanta off the change.
Speaker 14: Good of my money?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: What did you enjoy that anything?
Speaker 13: I mean, I didn't even have cars.
Speaker 19: In your car and let's cars, yeah, old school cars. My dad he's in the cars, so I had all of that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you had a great time.
Speaker 8: Did you see the Monster Bike Show and the recreation of the Breakfast Club studio and all that?
Speaker 6: Yes, I did.
Speaker 13: I've seen as a good of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much for attending.
Speaker 20: Thank you, and I talking guy.
Speaker 3: P Saint Matthews, Homer, Viola Davis. What you know about that?
Speaker 1: That's my cousin?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all right, all right, thank you mama. I knew she was gonna say that all time like that. Everybody related violated.
Speaker 21: Hello is this This is Michael from Indiana.
Speaker 1: Michael from Indiana. Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Man, I just want can I talk to my son from we just saw it go? First of all, I talked about what was smoking on this morning? Sure, Look I agree with I remem if Charlotte man I do just saying that the NBA culd change their name. Oh that was me because we're not colored people anymore.
Speaker 1: That was me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean that don't make sense. So if we're gonna change something, let's change everything.
Speaker 3: Well, I only said that in reference to people saying that colored people is an offensive term. So if it's offensive term, we should evolve the name of the NUABLE a CP.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 21: Yes we should, Yes, we should, And I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm I'm glad you agree as a color's stupid?
Speaker 1: Color can agree about that, any lady.
Speaker 21: They vote for Donald Trump with the most efficive things that he said, they need a headship, plain and simple, Okay, a person that votes for him.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of people vote for him. He was in office, he'd beat Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 21: I know that's ridiculous, but that just shows you that that just showed you the turmoil that America's in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is true, sir, And this call definitely does not care. Hello, who's this this is hey, good morning, get it off your chest.
Speaker 17: My husband and I just got married a couple of months ago, corect and my grandmother give it a property, but we can't even start the house building process because it took rates are so high. It's crazy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I mean just think about it like this, just a year ago, interest rates for like what two in the twos two point something two nine to eight two seven, and now they're like eight nine percent.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's literally ridiculous if that is this process for two or three times, going back to the drum saying okay, let's just say some more. But our lender mentioned like every ten thousand dollars to stay on the back end, it's only like one hundred dollars put up against the funny like let's pay your mortgage.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a lot, and I know a lot of people are can't get into houses right now.
Speaker 1: It's too expensive.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you think about it, that percentage rate alone can can make your mortgage go from twenty two hundred dollars a month to damn near thirty eight hundred dollars a month, which is which is damn near way too much. But that's how the interest rates are and we don't know if they're going to go up a little more or come down a little more. But it's it's very, very difficult for people to buy houses and there's not a lot of inventory, so people are paying over for property as well, and it's it's a bad situation. Hopefully they fix the situation, they load the interest rates so people can start purchasing more. But we still have the problem with not that much inventory on the market as well.
Speaker 17: Yeah, hopefully it gets that is.
Speaker 20: Because we need to get into the house.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck, mama, thank you. I have a good one. Okay, all right, by get it off your chest.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up now when we come back. We got your rumor report. We got to talk about the fight this weekend, Terrence Crawford erro Spence.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss.
Speaker 8: We'll play some audio and I'll give you some of the highlights. It's the breakfast slogo Morning.
Speaker 1: The breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is d E J n V.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the room, or let's start the big fight over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Name or you gossip this is the rumor report.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells, right right?
Speaker 3: So what was the big fight CARDI throwing the microphone at that young lady. No, that was more competitive than the other fight.
Speaker 8: Well, actually the big fight was Errol Spence and Terrence Crawford over the weekend. If you didn't see the fight or you live under the rock, Terrence Crawford one.
Speaker 1: On one is an understandment. He dominated Ero Spence Saturday night. Earl Spence was my pick.
Speaker 3: I picked Earl Spence, you know, and I really need people to understand that Earl Spinch was an undefeated, undisputed three division champion who had never been knocked down. So please, all you casual fans stop saying things like.
Speaker 1: I thought Earl was supposed to be good. I thought this was supposed to be a fifty to fifty fight.
Speaker 3: He's great, He's actually elite, but so is Bud and it's clearly levels to elite.
Speaker 8: Now, Well, he had, like you said, he had three knockdowns during that fight, and in the ninth round he became an undisputed weltsweight champion.
Speaker 3: Now, that fight took a lot out of me. I'm not gonna lie. I was emostly exhausted. I don't know why I had, like I had anxiety going.
Speaker 1: Into the fight. Plus I was just so exciting.
Speaker 8: My anxiety like you were fighting, it felt like and you don't even bet, so it's not like you put money, no.
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 3: But I was just actually was so excited for the fight, right, you know what I mean, because this is two generational talents. You know, you're just rare you see two generational talents, you know, fighting in their prime. So I was just excited as a boxing fan for the fight, and it was like one of those things like, oh, we really about to see this fight.
Speaker 8: Well, when we spoke to Terrence Crawford, you know, you told that you didn't think he was gonna win, and you asked him a couple of questions about what he rise to the occasion.
Speaker 1: Do you rise to the level of your competition?
Speaker 12: Do I have you watched my career? Absolutely, that's your answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Terrence Crawford said, he says he rises to the level of his opponent. Yeah, we've never seen him that good. Because he's never fought someone that good. But salute the bud, drop on the clues bond for Terrence Crawford. He handled his business.
Speaker 8: Then and then after the fight, he had some words for you and the rest of the media people that didn't ride with him.
Speaker 22: Do you feel like now when you look back, like, do you feel some sense of vindication that people who overlooked you for so long now you're You're at the top of the heap and there's no doubt.
Speaker 12: Well, I've been telling each and every one of y'all for years, a lot of y'all over here looking sad Ellie, you looking like dude over there because he was boring against me all in all. You know, I get to say I told y'all because I've been asking for these fights for years and y'all been saying, Oh, he's too small, he's going to get this, he's gonna get broken. And each and every time that I step up, I proved y'all wrong. So you know what I mean, Write some great stories about Terrence Crawford. Don't hate on them, don't say nothing negative. Just give me my props.
Speaker 3: Dropping includes mouther of Terrence Crawford is nothing negative. You can say, Nope, you got to give him his props, you know what I mean, you just have to. And unlike other media personalities, I say things to people's faces. Okay, I don't talk about people. I talk to them.
Speaker 8: Now, let me ask you a question, you know, I always ask every question. You know, when you got two great boxes like this, and you are a manager or you're somebody that's a promoter, you gotta be scared for these type of fights, right because this fight, both of these brothers are probably make anywhere from twenty five to thirty million dollars, right, Crawford that probably make something just as similar in his next fight. But erow Spence has to be drop so low now because yeah, you still think he'll get twenty five thirty million dollars fight.
Speaker 3: The next fight will probably be the rematch between him and Crawford, you know what I mean. I don't know if I if I was him, I wouldn't rush into it, you know what I mean, go out there and fight somebody else first. But the next fight is gonna still be a big money fight because it's gonna be a rematch between him and him. And does it have to by the way, him There's nobody either one of them could fight that could command the kind of payday that this fight just got. Like, this was a mega fight. That's why they called mega fights fights mega paydays.
Speaker 1: Now let's jump to Stephen A. Smith. Stephen A.
Speaker 8: Smith apologize for a tweet asking if Kim Kardashian is a prostitute and her mother Chris Jenna is a pimp. Why, I don't know, but this is what he said about that.
Speaker 23: Conservative talk show host Candice Owens has branded Kim Kardashian a prostitute and Chris Jenna a pimp.
Speaker 1: As we just saw after singer.
Speaker 23: Ray j alleged that Chris Jenna the mom, watched not one, not two, but three sex tapes he had filmed with her daughter Kim Kardashian before selecting the one to be released to the public. I'm not gonna call Kim Kardashian. I'm not gonna disrespectet.
Speaker 1: That's very dispect, that's very and that's very just. I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 23: That if those allegations are true, and I don't think it's off killed to the call of mom a pimp, No, no, no, no, no, nothing.
Speaker 1: That is that is the definition of pimping.
Speaker 3: If that happened, see Steven, they made a rookie mistake or his social media team made a rookie mistake. There was no context in the tweet. Correct So when you read the tweet, all it says ms. Kim Kardashian is her mom a pimp? Chris wasn't That wasn't a story. That wasn't a conversation that Stephen A incited. Right well, Pat Beverley checked them online. Now cool, she has kids should not be the title or topic, and he responded, clerical error.
Speaker 8: Bro, you are absolutely right. That is being corrected right now as we speak. And for the record, I don't think of Kim Kardashian that way, nor would I ever speak of her or any woman that way, which I've stated that.
Speaker 1: Thanks for checking that issue.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, why are stephen they even talking about the Kardashians, But then again, somebody might look at us and say, why y'all talking about sports?
Speaker 1: Right? You know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 3: Well, why is he talking about the Cardashians? I don't know that was on this podcast? Oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: And lastly, Cardi b Uh got into an altercation when she was performing out in Vegas. She was performing, she was in the middle of her set, mid performance over the weekend, and somebody threw a drink order not a little drink like this was a big, huge drink at her. Cardi B looked back, grabbed the microphone and threw her mic at her man.
Speaker 3: She threw that mic like thought throws his hammer. Yes, like, I mean she was willeding that microphone.
Speaker 8: Right, So that's what we're gonna talk about this morning. Eight hundredk five eight five one oh five one. A lot of people said Cardi B was wrong. They said she shouldn't threw a mic. They said, you know they it put you know, people's lives in danger. That's what they were saying.
Speaker 3: The other thing, y'all be asking too much of people because you're dealing with human beings, Like you're not going to disrespect somebody and expect them not to retaliate. And then when the celebrity retaliates, folks is like they so stupid for acting like that. Like I'm sick of this era we in with. Folks think, you know, the biggest celebrity or the person with the most money or most status or bigger voice should just let people who not on that level treat them any old kind of way.
Speaker 1: That's just I don't think that's realistic.
Speaker 8: Right at the end of the day, you know, Cardi B's a person and she has a reaction if you throw a drink on her, not just a little drink, like the whole drink hit her face, her hair, her whole outfit that.
Speaker 1: She was wearing and while she was performing. She's a person.
Speaker 8: And we'll discuss eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. Maybe you don't think the way that I think or Charlamagne thinks, and let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Page News is. Next is the Breakfast Club in the Morning, The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: Audible Pick of the Day is Snoop Doggs From the Streets to the Sweets. Here's Snoop's journey from the streets to the Long Beach, the hip hop Legend. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash Snoop, w w p r.
Speaker 7: F m HD one New york iHeartRadio station Comfort the MUSS Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ NVL me and the Guide. We are the Breakfast Club Now let's get in some front page news. Now is a lot going on this weekend. Let's jump right into Callie Russell. What happened with Collie Russell?
Speaker 1: Now? Was she charged?
Speaker 13: Yeh, she was.
Speaker 7: We have to give against the final update on this story. Police in Alabama held a news conference Friday afternoon to announce charges against Carli Russell. Of course, we know that's the nursing student who was reported missing after calling now one one claiming she saw a toddler walking along the interstate. During the press conference to who, the police department announced that Russell has been charged with filing a false police report and filing a false statement, both of which are misdemeanors. She turned herself in a lot of folks have looked at the mug shot. She's smiling on the mugshot that's all over social media. And she was released on a two thousand dollars bond, one thousand for each charge. Now the maximum punishment for the charges is one year in jail. The police department also said during the press conference, they know people are shocked in appalled that those are the only charges that she has, but they said that is, you know, pretty much the limit that.
Speaker 1: They can do with the current law.
Speaker 7: So you guys think that sounds fair.
Speaker 1: That sounds about right to me.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that you get a year for a misdemeanor though, but that sounds about right.
Speaker 8: I don't think anybody, anybody ever gets a year, but I think that's the maximum time.
Speaker 1: But did they ever speak out to say why was it?
Speaker 3: You know, because you know that's what everybody's been asking, why was you know, why did she do what you did?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I have not seen her speak out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: The family on the last story report has just basically said, you know, give her time. And then the attorney came out and said, hey, it was all a hoax, and that was pretty much it. But I'm sure as things go on, and there's been a lot of chatter about it, you know, but I don't want to misrepresent anything.
Speaker 1: But there's been a whole lot because you know, stuff.
Speaker 7: Said on what happened and the boyfriend and why she did it and looking for attention and folks you know, pulled all of her tweets and you know, so that stuff's been in the black Twitter world, but nothing official, you know, you know what.
Speaker 3: The only conversation I hate around this is I hate when I hear people say, you know, she wasted the police officer's resources and she wasted the police officer's time.
Speaker 1: Like, no, that's what the police job is.
Speaker 3: The police job is to investigate situations, whether they're true or untrue. It's not up to the police to decide, well, I don't believe this, so we're not gonna go investigate it.
Speaker 1: That's their job. That's what taxpayer dollars go towards.
Speaker 3: It was not a waste because guess what what else woul the police have been doing on a Saturday night.
Speaker 8: No, I think people were saying that they could have invested investigating something else that was true instead of putting all their resources in time and manpower into something that was fake.
Speaker 1: I think that's what people were saying. Yeah, but I'm sure the.
Speaker 3: Whole policettion wasn't focused on Collie Russell because there was other things I'm sure going on for us, you know what I mean. It's just strange when I hear people say that, I'm like, no, we're not wasting their resources. That's their job. Their job is to investigate, you know, potential crimes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I think people are saying like, even if you had only ten officers on that case, those ten officers could have been on another missing person case or a crime or something else.
Speaker 1: Or they might not have been doing nothing but riding around and they patrol cars. You know what, that's true too.
Speaker 8: All right, now, let's talk about this historically black fraternity that drops Florida for convention.
Speaker 7: M m, Well, the oldest historical black fraternity, Alpha Phi Alpha, is relocating its planning convention in two years from Florida because of what it described as Governor Ron DeSantis administration's harmful, racist, and insensitive policies towards African Americans. Now, the convention draws between four and six thousand people and has an economic impact of four point six million. The fraternity's president said in a statement on Wednesday that the decision was motivated in part by Florida's new education standards that require teachers to instruct middle school students that slaves develop skills that could be applied for their personal benefits. So it looks like, you know, folks are trying to hit them in the bag. We do remember the NAACP Florida NAACP putting out a travel advisory telling folks not to come to Florida, and so this is one of the things you know that they are acting upon.
Speaker 1: In response question tess, how do we feel about this?
Speaker 3: Do we feel that they should be pulling out or should we be showing up in Florida? Because there is a lot of black people in Florida. So when the NAACP said things like don't come to Florid, it's like those black people that are that they can't up and move. So I don't know if we should be pulling out. I feel like we should be there in mass in protests.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and not even just in protests, in action. So I guess my position with this is two things can happen at the same time. You know, if an organization is deciding to take a stand to say we don't want to contribute to it, Okay, I get that. But like I mentioned on my podcast, the majority of Florida's money comes from Disney, and there's a very small percent of black people that actually, you know, when we look at the numbers, it's his dad or not me making it up. But when we look at the numbers that Disney pulls in, that is really you know what runs Orlando, Florida. So although this will make an impact and this organization wants to take a stand, I don't know what it would be on a larger scale. But at the same time, Charlemagne, you're right, what are we doing to supplement that? Do want to give a quick shout out to Black History Saturdays in Tulsa, Oklahoma started by I pushed the line trainer Christy Williams. She started a program that teaches black history every Saturday year round in response to similar legislation. So those are things we can do. And also, like you mentioned, taking care of the black people. They're the small businesses that would have benefited from this convention as well. You know, the current what are we doing to teach the history and in protests? And they have yet to put somebody up to run for governor, So who's gonna run for governor or any of those positions under him? So all of these things need to happen simultaneous because Ronda Santis is going to keep being Ronda Santis.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna change.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, for me, it feels like, you know, at the end of the day, when it's when the organization comes down there for the convention. The santis doesn't get that money, but who loses all those black businesses? You know, when any time I go to Florida and I do stay at an Airbnb or a house or something like that, I always tell people, you know, look for a brother that owns a house or a sister that owns a house. Also, there's a lot of restaurants owned by brothers and sisters out there Black people out there. There's a lot of small businesses that need this that depends on those conventions.
Speaker 1: We're not at times like this.
Speaker 8: A lot of times I feel like we hurting ourselves more than actually helping because there's a lot of us that hold businesses out there that we need this. And when blacks usually come in town to those for the those conventions, a lot of times we support each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I feel like that's frat Dropping out of the Florida Convention is what those racists and white supremacists want.
Speaker 1: We don't want y'all here no way, you know what I mean. So for me, it's like why not show up, have your convention? But you know, use that as a as a.
Speaker 3: Means of protests as well, use that to spread awareness to all of those people that you know come to the convention, like you know, use that as a bully pulpit, you know.
Speaker 8: All right, well that is your front page news taking Tesla figure out absolutely, and.
Speaker 3: Also make sure you subscribe to Teslin figure O's podcast This Great Shot, No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeartRadio podcast network, and follow Teslin figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 8: All right, now, when we come back, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. A lot of people were in Vegas for the fight. Cardi B was actually performing and somebody threw a drink on Cardi B while she responded by throwing the microphone that she was performing with at the person, and people saying that she was wrong. Let's open up the phone lines. What's your thoughts? Eight hundred five A five one. Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club morning. Everybody's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 8: We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about Cardi B.
Speaker 1: Now. She was in Vegas over the weekend. She was performing. It looked like a pool party, a day party, and as she was performing, somebody.
Speaker 8: I guess, threw a couple of alcohol on it looked like it was alcohol, and Cardi b responded by throwing the mic back at the person.
Speaker 1: People were saying that, you know.
Speaker 8: It was irresponsible, it was dumb. She shouldn't have did it. But I don't necessarily agree. I mean, Cardy is at how a place of business she's working. I shouldn't say a place of business, but her workplace where she's working, she's performing, and somebody got the audacity to throw a drink at me, and one am I supposed to just take it. I'm supposed to just sit there and be like thank you.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 3: I saw people in the comments. I don't know if this is true because people on the internet just be lying. They said Cardi was telling people to sprinkle her with water. Is that true? Maybe because of the heat. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I'm asking. Maybe somebody was there. Somebody saw a video that I didn't see.
Speaker 1: That was a cup of look like a cup of liquor us And I'm with you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, like I said earlier, y'all asking too much of people, Like you're dealing with human beings at the end of the day, and you're not gonna disrespect me and expect me not to retaliate. And then the thing I don't like is that when celebrities retaliate, or people with more money or more status or bigger voices, people will be like, oh, well.
Speaker 1: You know, you know you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: You should be fine with them, the people that's not on your level doing things like that. To you, It's like, no, just because were not on the same level, you know what I mean, You can treat me any old kind of way. And I don't even you know, I don't even believe in that whole level thing. I just be like, you're a human. I'm a human.
Speaker 1: Treat me with the same respect that you would want to be treated with.
Speaker 3: Now, listen, when you make choices like Cardi made, there is a lot of consequences to those actions.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 3: You hit the wrong person, now you're getting sued. Hell, even if you hit the right person, you're getting sued. That's just the way the game goes. Somebody can disrespect you and then when you retaliate, they can sue you.
Speaker 1: But I don't think folks.
Speaker 3: Should have have to have the right to just take advantage of of people. And I don't feel like, you know, we celebrity should have to.
Speaker 1: Take abuse from people, correct, don't. I don't agree with that.
Speaker 8: And especially in that case. I mean, you threw a drink at us. She threw the mic back. Now, I'm not sure if she hit the right person the wrong person. I'm not even sure she hit a person, but regardless, Yeah, I don't see nothing wrong with it at all.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 8: Hello, who's this that's just Samantha, good morning.
Speaker 18: So I was calling about the Cardivy topic and Charlamagne.
Speaker 13: I definitely agree with you. I'm from but I live in Vegas right out here.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 10: I'm already are trying to get this set done with and get back.
Speaker 1: To the school. That's right.
Speaker 13: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Watch how you talk to me in this heat. Watch how you treat.
Speaker 10: Me in this heat. No, seriously, this heat does that to people.
Speaker 3: So for you to throw that drink on me automatically, I'm throwing my mic.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even want you to ask me nothing dumb in the heat, So don't do don't do something dumb to me in the heat.
Speaker 8: But you know, I also feel like, and this is gonna sound so crazy, but I think a couple of people need to get their ass whoop because the way that they've been throwing things at at at artists performing has been disrespectful. What's the lady's name, b b Rex? She got hitting the eye with a phone and she had to get like eight stitches. People been throwing sneakers at people, cell phones, all types of things.
Speaker 3: Don't understand what's the point of that, Like, like, what is your mindset that you're saying. You're gonna say, I'm going to come to this club and I'm going to throw something at the artists on stage. I understand the panties and the broads, but when you when you know, but why the phones and the drinks like and.
Speaker 1: The sneakers and all types of stuff? Why come? Why come to my show if you don't like me? That's true? Hello, who's this? Hey, Cocy? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 19: Party?
Speaker 17: Should her?
Speaker 21: Girl?
Speaker 20: Like regular cis think that they can't do what they want to do and get away with it, And I just don't think that that's right. Like you said, my celebrities argumentians too. They got feelings, they got forrmals and they got reaction.
Speaker 9: In return.
Speaker 20: I don't think that Cardy.
Speaker 13: Just love that.
Speaker 3: And it's one hundred and twenty degrees in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Don't play with me in this heat? Hello, who's you play with me in this heat?
Speaker 13: Good way?
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 1: This morning, Hey Lauren, good morning.
Speaker 8: We're talking about Cardi b I mean, I think everybody seen the girl through the drink on Cardy, and Cardy responded with the microphone.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 11: She was wrong for throwing it only because she could have hit anyone on that floor and they could have retaliated and sued her immediately and they would have won. Because it's too many evidence and too many witnesses.
Speaker 13: So she was only wrong.
Speaker 11: For throwing it like that like she did, and security ended.
Speaker 13: Up taking care of the situation anyway.
Speaker 11: Why didn't she just tell security, Hey, get her up out of here.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was a reaction, You're right, you know, I mean that's what I said.
Speaker 3: When people make choices, When Cardy made the choice, she made you know that's that's still a dangerous choice because, like she just said, you might hit the wrong person. Even if you hit the wrong the right person, you'll still be sued. You know, she's still human.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day. That's a that's a reflex.
Speaker 11: Of course.
Speaker 13: You can't expect someone You can't expect.
Speaker 11: The reaction that you like a person going to do. That's right, But still she could have she she could have Excuse me, sir, get her up out of here.
Speaker 10: Can I do a shout out before I go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Sure, guys, say I have a podcast. Y'all inspired me to do my own podcast.
Speaker 19: It's called Run's Red Room with the HI n I S Network.
Speaker 11: So I just wanted to get a shout out to my podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Also, you got to remember two fuses of very short. In this heat, it's one hundred and twenty degrees.
Speaker 8: Could have been it could have been Alaska out there. It don't matter now. Alaska would have made me think a little bit different now because that it would have been cold water. You would have hit me with no cold No, it's regardless, it's a reaction. You throw something at me. The first reaction is I'm gonna fight back. I'm gonna swing back. I'm gonna throw something back. But now I gotta go find a mic and then I gotta finish my performance. But Cardy was just upset and I don't see nothing wrong with it. But we'll take your call some more. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 1: Cardi B. All right.
Speaker 8: She was out and about performing out in Vegas. Somebody threw a drink on her, and she responded throwing the mic. People says she was wrong. I don't agree, but we'll take your calls.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic time. The phone.
Speaker 2: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 19: More than everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ MV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about Cardi B. She was out in Vegas over the weekend and now she was performing. I guess it was a day party and somebody threw a drink on Cardi Well. Cardy responded by throwing her microphone back at the person. People were saying that she was wrong, for that, but I don't agree. I don't agree you threw a drink at meat.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 8: Out I don't know if Cardy d hit the attended target, but it is what it is.
Speaker 3: At that point, She's a human being, and you know she reacted in a human way. And that's why I keep saying, sometimes you're just asking too much of certain people because you're asking for them not to be human, and sometimes those human reactions can cost you. I don't think they should in a situation like this. If she hit the right person, right, if the microphone hit who it was supposed to hit, I don't care how injured that person got. She shouldn't it through a drink. To me, that self defense. Now, if Cardiy's microphone hit somebody else and that person decides to sue, well that's just the you know, risk you take when you react the way Cardi did.
Speaker 1: But I don't I don't just say she was wrong though I don't think she was wrong.
Speaker 13: Hello, who's this, Uncle Evvy, Uncle Charlotte, you know who it is.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 8: K I told this told this woman that I thought she was from Brownsville at my car show, bro, she wild on me. She's like, I'm from bed Styt do it die? Not like when I say she wild on me?
Speaker 3: She wild?
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 13: I know they don't like feeling like they're from Brownsville on the Bronx or Florida like Sullivan and hate.
Speaker 1: All right, but what's up? Talk to us? Brother?
Speaker 10: I feel like.
Speaker 13: Who would pay the hard money to sit that close to the stage to be ignorant? Feel like call you to the win down there instead of an example even though they got lawsuits. And I feel like that should be a self defense law that you could defend yourself with somebody doing from ignorant issue like that.
Speaker 6: You feel me?
Speaker 1: I agree? Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean the sad thing about it is the self defense law is they'll be like, well, you know she wasn't in fearful of her life.
Speaker 1: But I agree with you. I think Cardie should have slapped It is sh out of them, right? Thank you? Brother? Yeah? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 13: This is Earl Leicester from Saint clair Shure.
Speaker 1: They Earl Leston talked to us this morning.
Speaker 20: I agree, would currently be you know you threw a cup as you were drinking out of us? Doesn't the mouth have countries.
Speaker 13: Of German and win her face.
Speaker 20: She don't know if it went in her eyes, her mouth, or nose all that backwash. Yes, and you threw that in her face. That's a natural reaction, is to throw something, you know. Can I share a small story.
Speaker 13: My son was bully.
Speaker 20: When he was younger, and so these boys in the neighborhood egged my house. So I went to the store and bought three dozen eggs and wouldn't egg their house. So when they nam, you came outside talking about I got to clean their house.
Speaker 10: Tell your sons to come.
Speaker 20: Clean mine, and when they clean mine, I clean yours. So you gotta be careful when you get stuff to people because you're gonna get a reaction.
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask one question.
Speaker 8: Now, if they want if they threw one egg at your house and then you threw thirty six AG's at their house, they should.
Speaker 19: Have never threw the egg so much twelve egg.
Speaker 3: Egg I threw three dozen. You can never tell somebody how to react, that's the other thing. And all of this, you know what I'm saying, Because you might push, You might push somebody, but they might retaliate with a punch. But in that situation, you was wrong. Though, because those were kids that egged your house. You're a big, grown adult man and you seventy seven and you're going to throw eggs house.
Speaker 20: You know what, I just turned fifty. Can you say happy birthday?
Speaker 13: Happy born day?
Speaker 12: I remember that.
Speaker 3: See, that's why you got too many. That's why you got three dozen eggs because you don't know what account.
Speaker 13: Blame school system.
Speaker 8: See al right, well, thank you mama, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right. What's the moral of the story.
Speaker 3: The moral of the story is, man, treat people the way you want to be treated. Like everybody should be having respect for each other. Like why would you pay your hard earned money to go see somebody perform just to disrespect them? And then if that person matches your energy, you can't be surprised. And by the way, if that person goes overboard, you can't be surprised. What if you throw a drink on somebody and then they security beat your ass and then you're sitting around saying they went too far. No, you can't tell somebody how to react what I'm saying, So you know, everybody just respect each other. That's the moral of the story.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 8: Now, when we come back, we got your room and report speaking of doing something to somebody's house. They better leave Nicki Minaj alone. They keep swatting her house and doing some types of the crazy things, and we'll explain what happened over the weekends.
Speaker 1: It don't move. It's to Breakfast Club, DJ, Envy and Charlemagne, the guys. We're happy and we're singing fun.
Speaker 3: At least I am.
Speaker 1: The verdict still out on Envy. I'm black j. It's a breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlomagne, the gud we are the Breakfast Club. I want to slute to everybody again that came out to my Atlanta car show. Had such an amazing time. So many people. There's a lot of people from the Carolina's out there that came to this show. It was just so much fun to see so many families and so many people just really enjoying themselves. And during the cast shows, I try to create activations and things that people can really enjoy. So I recreated the Breakfast Club studio where people could actually take pictures and you know, be their own version of Charlemagne and Envy, which was pretty dope.
Speaker 3: A lot of people did that. Nobody can be me this ain't they clone Tyrone. A couple people did sniff your chair. I thought it was kind of weird, but let them live. Yes, so that was pretty cool. So it also depends on which variant of Charlemagne you chose to be. So if you chose the sniff chairs, that was early on, that was the twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen variant.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I did put like I put your books next to your chair.
Speaker 1: I put my books next to my chair. That was stupid books.
Speaker 3: That's the twenty sixteen No, that's twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen variant.
Speaker 1: No, I mean that was stupid because after hour the books were gone. Good.
Speaker 3: I have no problem stealing books. Please steal books. We need your niggas to read.
Speaker 1: He's just so Yeah, So that was that was trying to cool word. I'm sorry. I just gonna say that.
Speaker 8: Shout to Lincoln Tech, Monster Energy, Branson, Shout the Grand Torismo, the movie that is coming out August twenty fifty.
Speaker 1: Those were some of the big sponsors. So I just want to slew to those people.
Speaker 8: And on my way down there, I flew down there with the Atlanta w NBA team, right, and I.
Speaker 1: Can't think of it, what the team's names. The team's name is.
Speaker 8: But I just find it disrespectful that a professional women's basketball team.
Speaker 1: You don't even know their name. I know you Atlanta Dream and Atlanta Dream. You just googled it. Don't act like you know I didn't know. You didn't know that. I didn't. You just googled it. I did not.
Speaker 3: You did another one? Give me another one. Vegas Basis Asian Wilson played for them South. It was in New York, all right, walkut Uh, Phoenix, Phoenix, Mercurys, Sparks of Murgers, Mercury.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do know.
Speaker 8: But anyway, these women were on the flight going to Atlanta, and I just felt it, like I just thought it was disrespectful, like they would never have the men's the men's NBA team on the flight. They would charter a jet for them. And I just felt it was so crazy that these women are on this flight. Someone was sitting in the front of the plane, some sitting in the back of the plane. Now, all these women are taller in Charlemagne, they all at least you know, six feet, I'll post them all. You would definitely not post them up. But it was crazy some of them had their kids would and I'm like, they don't charge it. They was like, no, we're not allowed to. I just thought that was disrespectful. So I want to say salute to them because they showed me a lot of love. They said they listen to the breakfast disrespect.
Speaker 3: Floor of the financial thing. You have to start supporting the w n B A. You have to start going to the games buying merchandise, and they have to do bigger television deals. Like is it is it disrespecting or a financial But.
Speaker 8: I thought some of the team owners wanted to fly them, but they couldn't because some agreement that they couldn't fly them charged and they had to fly him that way. But I just told it like they weren't even in first class. It was just somewhere in depth. To come now, some of these women that are like six foot six, six foot seven, like they're tall, like legs long, but nothing nigga do damn. So I just want to salute to those women because they said they listen. So I want to salute to the women of Atlanta Dream the w NBA team. All right, now when we come back, we got your room and report. We gotta discuss Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 1: They keep playing with it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, better leave Nikki alone. We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the breakfast lub, good morning.
Speaker 1: Names or you gossip? You chatting? This is the rumor report.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast cloth. This is where the tea.
Speaker 1: Spills right right now.
Speaker 8: Fact, Joe, you know he jumps on his lives and do these Instagram lives all the time. He's been doing a lot of them more recently, which I love. But he talks about Drake and the fact that he might be a little jealous of Drake.
Speaker 24: And let me tell you why it might be jealous of Drake. Right, I've never seen a guy people love more. Okay, because this rumor is this airplane, which looks like the flyers plane in the world, was actually given to him by a friend. Then there's a guy who wounds all of Crypto. He buys the Tupac ring for a million dollars and gives it to Drake.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck is giving people this type of shit. I'm not making this shit up.
Speaker 15: Bro.
Speaker 1: They won't give me a.
Speaker 24: Pack of socks, they won't give me a croissant.
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, they're billionaires.
Speaker 24: For god damn, why don't a billionaire give me some like that?
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 24: Every time around about somebody giving drinks some crazy it.
Speaker 3: Just sounds to me like fad Joe needs better friends. Now, what he's talking about got a good circle of friends.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what he's talking about is a billionaire allegedly bought the Tupac ring and gifted it to Drake. That's what he was talking about. And Fad Joe said, heyah, he needs better friends. What's what's the most expensive gift for friend brought you?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't think about stuff like that. I really couldn't think if I thought about it, I'm sure. I'm sure there's been some things. I can't think about it right now. And if I did it, if it was super expensive, I wouldn't say anyone saying anyway, No, All Joe did was.
Speaker 1: Tell Calid to step up. All you did was tell Rich to step up, like y'all gotta step up.
Speaker 3: Y'all gotta step up in lace lace Joe, Man, that's all I'm hearing. Terror squad remy, what y'all doing? Y'all gotta step up?
Speaker 1: Step up? Pat What y'all doing Okay, step up, man.
Speaker 8: Now we gotta just discuss Simba. Now a Simba's accusing Acon of wearing fake deal.
Speaker 1: Now this is the drink as appearance with. That was a gift. That was a gift. Now he was wearing and got it for let's let's listen.
Speaker 25: Say de Real, I thought that was a de your joint, say de Real got but this is out of pocket man.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 8: Now if you look at it, I have no problem with it's supposed to be the dr shirt. I don't know if it's a d all shirt. But when they blew it up. But you know how to Instagram, how social media is. They could have changed it. It does say the real, but I don't know if they changed that.
Speaker 3: Acon is filthy rich, you know what I'm saying. The only thing I care about Akon wearing that's fake is that to pay that he got on his head. Okay, if you want to wear fake clothes, who cares.
Speaker 8: You don't think he grew his hair. No, you don't think he just got surgery and let's let it grow.
Speaker 1: You probably didn't need to. He kept the receipt. You need to go back and get it done. Over All, right.
Speaker 8: And lastly, y'all better stop playing with Nicki Minaj. And I don't know why they keep allowing this to happen. So I guess Nicki Minaj is a victim of swatting again. Now, this is big in Los Angeles where people call nam on one and say, uh, there's somebody in the house with a gun or there's an incident or something like that happens and then all the police come and law enforcements and sheriff deputies and they pull up to the house and then they find out that it was just a hoax. This has been This happens a lot in LA. I don't know why it doesn't happen anywhere else, but it just happens a lot in LA. Now, some of the other people that have been hit with swatting calls are Miley Cyrus, Ashton Kutcher, Justin Bieber, Tom Cruiz, Chris Jenna Paris, Hilton, Rihanna, and Justin Timberlake. So this is like the second or third time this has happened to Nicki Minaj, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Which is ridiculous. So all right, and that is your room or I don't police.
Speaker 3: Call the residence before they come in or try to contact their residence before they just send.
Speaker 8: The swat team, because if it's a call, they you know, they're hoping that it's not true, but they want to respond immediately, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, they might not have the time to call. And how do you even know they got Niggi's number. But I'm sure they just be.
Speaker 3: Like if random people got niggas addressed, and I'm sure some I would think law enforcement can get our number. I don't know, man, I just feels like there's got to be another form of protocol before you just swarm somebody's house like that.
Speaker 8: It happens all the time, and it seems like it happens a lot in LA, And it seems like people who do get robbed in LA, when they call the police, it takes the police a long time to come, but in the swatting case, it seems like they get there really fast. All right, Well, charlotamae, who are giving your donkey?
Speaker 1: Two man four after the hour?
Speaker 3: I got to give a donkey of the day to myself for my prediction of the Terrence Crawford Earl Spence fight. And there's a reason I'm giving myself Donkey to day. But we'll discuss four after that hour.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Cloud. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same when you're.
Speaker 3: A business, own them and you're juggling a lot of things. You need a team of people to keep your business running successfully. How do you find and hire the right people? Zip recruiter. Try it for free at ziprecruited dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash breakfastpr FMHT one new.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 3: Donkey.
Speaker 19: I'm a Democrat, so being Donkey of the Day is a little bit of a mixed yet so.
Speaker 1: Like a donkey Donkey of the day.
Speaker 3: Club bitch.
Speaker 9: Now, I've been called a lot of my twenty three years, but Donkey of the Day is a new one.
Speaker 3: Yes, Donkey of Today for Monday, July thirty first goes to Leonard mckelvy aka Charlamagne to God. Why am I giving myself Donkey of the Day today because I was wrong in my prediction for the Earl Spence versus Terrence Craft for fight. Now, I know you're wondering, why would you give yourself Donkey of the day for making a wrong sports prediction. It happens, Well, it's because I looked at man Terrence Crawford in his eyes and told.
Speaker 1: Him he was gonna lose several times.
Speaker 3: I've been saying for years that Earl Spence was gonna beat Bud, and Terrence himself did not forget that when he was here. When was that last month?
Speaker 1: Yes, let's listen, you gotta mix some adjustments.
Speaker 15: Though.
Speaker 3: This is Earl Spence we talking about. This is the guy that you had picked over the Remember, I don't forget I got you got I just think you know styles fights. I think I forgot it.
Speaker 1: You feel pressure going into.
Speaker 12: This fight, not at all. This is my time in the world, gonna see July twenty nine.
Speaker 8: You feel like you don't get the respect that you deserve, even with you know, Charlamagne saying he thinks Arrow's gonna.
Speaker 1: Beat you like this, it's just boxing. Don't back down. Now I got her. You're gonna lose. Definitely, definitely.
Speaker 3: Look man, Unlike so many other people in this media space, I say things to people, not about them. Okay, whatever I say about you, I have to keep that same energy when you're in front of me. That's why so many media personalities I don't respect because they say things about people and then when that person calls them or they face to face with that person, their energy changes. Nah, keep that same energy. And that's what I did with Terrence Crawford. But also if I'm gonna do that when I'm wrong, I'm gonna let everybody know I was wrong, because after the performance Terrence Crawford put on Saturday Night, he deserves that. Okay, I saw what Bud said to the reporters after the fight. Let's listen.
Speaker 22: Do you feel like now when you look back like do you feel some sense of vindication that people who overlooked you for so long now you're at the top of the heap and there's no doubt.
Speaker 12: Well, I've been telling each and every one of y'all for years. A lot of y'all over here looking sad, Ellie, you looking like a dude over there, because you was going against me all in all. You know, I get to say I told y'all because I've been asking for these fights for years, and y'all been saying, Oh, he's too small, he's going to get this, he's gonna get broken. And each and every time that I step up. I proved y'all wrong. So you know what I mean, Write some great stories about Terrence Crawford. Don't hate on him, don't say nothing negative. Just give me my proms.
Speaker 3: Terres Crawford is absolutely correct terms. Crawford is the best pound for pound fighter in boxing. There's nothing else to say. That man made Earl Spence, an undisputed, undefeated three division champion who had never ever been knocked down. He made that man look basic. And that's what I hate about casual fans and don't watch boxing. There's folks out there who now think Earl Spence is trash and that's not the case. He's an elite level fighter. But clearly there's levels to elite, and Terrence Crawford is at the top. Okay, that man did everything that Earl Spence.
Speaker 1: That I didn't think he could do.
Speaker 3: He overpowered him, he heard him, and he was able to withstand Earl's power. Okay, Bud literally said he took one at Earl's punches early and thought to himself, that's it. And what's so cold about Terrence Crawford is even when he was here and I was telling him he was going to lose the Earl Now once did he feel the need to overly prove with words what he was going to do.
Speaker 1: Let's go back and listen to some more.
Speaker 3: Can't he's big, He's naturally bigger than you.
Speaker 12: He's strong, he's the big guy it all.
Speaker 1: Can he get hurt? Yeah, he's a man.
Speaker 12: So what's going to stop him from banging with me?
Speaker 1: I'm not a coacher in your corner, but I wouldn't suggest you bang with him. What you're trying to say, he's trying to say he's not his power.
Speaker 3: Think he's strong at what c check us be clear, Terrence Crawford is what he does?
Speaker 1: What you say? What I'm saying is what makes you think that?
Speaker 3: Probably just size.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can hurt.
Speaker 3: Him, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Did he get hurt his last fight?
Speaker 3: Yes, case yeah, but you got to get to him.
Speaker 1: Though, So you're saying this man can't get to him? Is that what you say?
Speaker 3: My man read as a great boxing guy. He says you win, no problem. My bother says you win no problem. Neither are the bigs I've been having since the fight's.
Speaker 1: But Shanga main don't feel that way.
Speaker 12: What is it listen, that's his opinion. You know, when people have an opinion, it's like everybody got one.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's tough to admit when you're wrong, especially when you're right about a lot of stuff, like I am what I was right about UFOs, I was right about being mistaken from Mars Chestnut. I was right about envy being a Spanish American descent. It's just a gift that I have. But there's a lesson to be learned in this. Okay, if you know what you can do, there's no need to have a bunch of words and lip service. Just show and prove through actions indeeds, And Bud showed us on Saturday through actions indeeds. That fight was hard to watch, man, it was hard to watch. Okay, it was hard to watch Earl Spince get beat like that. That fight had me stressed. I'm not a gambling man, so I didn't have no money on the fight. I love bull fighter, so there wasn't a personal attachment to either one. But I did feel like Bud was in there kicking my ass.
Speaker 1: I felt Budd was.
Speaker 3: In there taking out years of being dotted by critics. He was taking it out on Earl. It felt like Bud took it very personal that people said this is the guy y'all said could beat me. And every time Earl got knocked down, I felt knocked down too. I was so emotionally drained from the fight on Saturday night that I didn't even go.
Speaker 1: See Beyonce on Sunday. What I was tired.
Speaker 3: Okay, that already worked myself up to think we was gonna get a much more competitive fight than we got, So emotionally that.
Speaker 1: Was a letdown.
Speaker 3: Even if you had Earl, even if you had Bud, nobody could predict that level of domination. Even if you predicted Bud to knock Spence out, or if you thought Spence was gonna knock but out, you didn't think either one of them was gonna dominate the fight the way Bud did. Okay, So drop on the clues bombs of Terrence Crawford, all right, and I don't need a rematch Dan. Earl Spince's gonna exercise his rematch clause and they may fight at one fifty four. Anything can happen in a fight, But we all know styles make fights, and I don't know what Earl Spence could do style wise to have any answers for what Terrence Crawford did Sunday night, the way Terrence Crawford fought, I mean Saturday night, the way Terrence Crawford fought on Saturday Night, he could have helped the Avengers in the Battle for Earth against Dingos. Okay, you can't tell me that. When it comes to hand to hand combat, Terrence not up there with Captain America. So I don't know what could change in the rematch. But Earl Spence is an elite level fighters, so anything can happen. But after what we saw Saturday night, the gap between them is so wide, I don't want to see a rematch, but hey, they probably will rematching. Then after that there's nothing left for Bud to do. He'll be thirty six years old. Let's say he wins the rematch in a dominant fashion again, then what they're gonna fight? Boots love Boots, but that does way more for Boots than it does for Terres Crawford, so there's no incentive there. So I see Bud moving up to one fifty four fighting Jamel Charlo for the opportunity to become a three division undisputed champion and then retire. That's it. Nothing else for Budd to do after that. He's quiet as all the critics silenced all that they says, and he's absolutely right. If you was wrong about Terrence Crawford versus Earl splits, just admit it. Give the man his props. Just admit you was wrong and give that man his just due. Terrence Budd Crawford, you are indeed the illus nigger in Nebraska, and I was wrong about you losing the earl spins. So please give me Charlamagne to God, the biggest he hull.
Speaker 1: It's hard man. That was a tough fight to watch, very tough fight to watch.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, thank you for that donkey today. Yes, indeed, all right, b E T will see you guys tomorrow. Piece BT everybody else, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Let's just ask the question, when is the last time you had to admit you were wrong? Oh, it's a good question, all right. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. I want you to think about it, whether it's in your relationship or something outside of your relationship or friend or whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: This shouldn't be that tough for anybody unless you are just a narcissistic, egotistical ass.
Speaker 1: I can't say a whole right now. You cannot, oh Jesus.
Speaker 3: Unless you you gotta have some type of self awareness to know when you're wrong.
Speaker 1: Right right, I would think you look nothing like Mars Chestnut. That's just simply not true. I'm not domintic it.
Speaker 3: Listen, by the way, I don't say that. The street said that, all these things, the trees said. Mars Chestnut himself has said the clip. Don't we have the clip. I've told you to never ever remove that clip.
Speaker 1: We don't. We don't have that club.
Speaker 3: Okay, the clip when Mars Chestnuts said he gets mistaken for me, clips that it's not my fault. It doesn't say this. Just like this all right, and don't say uncle, don't don't act like people. Wasn't at the car show. I saw the tags, people tagging me and stuff calling me uncle snacky.
Speaker 8: At the car show, they said stale, snacky whatever. The street listen to screech be saying these things. I'm gonna say these things all right to live in my life. When is the last time you had to admit you were wrong? Let's discuss it's the breakfast Luf go morning the breakfast club, look down warning everybody's DJ envy. Charlamagne to god, we are breakfast club now, if you're just joining us. Charlamagne gave himself donkey today.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I was wrong about my prediction for the Earl Spence Terrence Crawford fight. But not just because I was wrong, because there's plenty of people who picked Daryl Spence. The fact that I sat here and told Terrence Crawford his face he was gonna lose Darrel Spence.
Speaker 8: All right, So we're asking right now, eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one. When is the last time you had to admit that you were wrong?
Speaker 1: That is the question. The last thing you had tomit you was wrong?
Speaker 8: I always, I pretty much always admit when I'm wrong. I'll call a person, or call my wife or my kids, or whoever it may be.
Speaker 1: I admit when I'm wrong. You don't be. You don't admit that you wrong for waarning Beijing in your bit and lying about it. I never lied in. I never put Beijing in my bed. You never put just for men. Now, if you want to say just for men, that's a different you know what I'm talking about. But you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I don't have to be specifically. What I've been saying is that you color your beard, you die your beard. Yes, yes, no, matter what product you you, but you can't say you don't Beijing me.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's not you know what I mean. At least you're admitting it. So you're omitting that you're wrong. You're you're admitting that you was lying.
Speaker 1: I never lied, we just always said Beijing. I just don't agree with Beijing. I use another product.
Speaker 3: Listen, we all got ies, Okay, hate all right, your big acon's head, same thing.
Speaker 1: It's not the same man, And I'm a forty five. He's like a fifty five. Okay, mean color that's I don't know what you're talking about because I don't color him. Akon is jet black. God, you damn man, not everything. Oh Jesus Christ. Whatever. Hurt to have to admit that.
Speaker 8: When I say jet black, I mean the hair color. He's jet black. It's two it's like black black. And then I'm like dark brown, yes, right, what else?
Speaker 1: That's it? I already meant it last time. Y'all heard me. Just admit the last time I was wrong? Hello?
Speaker 19: Who's this Hello?
Speaker 13: My name is Alisha.
Speaker 1: Hey Alicia. What's the last time you had tomit?
Speaker 6: You were wrong about it?
Speaker 13: Weeks ago?
Speaker 1: A week ago? What happened?
Speaker 19: Oh, I'm not gonna put it all out there, but a situation happens, assuming from previous situation that person was wrong, but they were right, and I just had to suck it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, I mean you're wrong.
Speaker 19: I feel when you're in a daughter and you're wrong, just go ahead and apologize.
Speaker 13: Why lie?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 19: Right answers who're.
Speaker 13: Scared of that's right?
Speaker 3: That's right, especially wrong people. I do not understand why adults feel the need to lie.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? I todmit you was wrong and keep it moving. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And the crazy thing is the reason that I like to do, especially with the kids and the families, because I want my kids to if they're wrong, regardless of what happens, I want them to be able to admit it and not you know, necessarily be scared of the punishment, like just to you know, stand on whatever they did and we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: We got rock on the line. Hello, who's this Rock?
Speaker 13: What's going on? What's happening?
Speaker 12: King?
Speaker 1: How are you? Brother?
Speaker 16: You know I can't complain man, blessed Black and Holly favorite.
Speaker 18: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: There you go, now talk to us the last time you had to meet you with wrong? Brother?
Speaker 16: Every time I wake up and every time I go to sleep, every you married, showing me show me married? Yeah, I mean every time that time you wake up in the What time you guys wake up in the morning?
Speaker 1: Four o'clock?
Speaker 18: Me too, four o'clock. And my wife rolled over and she's like, come on, man, And I'm like, you know what, I'm my bad when I go to sleep that night. When I go to sleep at night, it's like, what time you waking up in the morning?
Speaker 15: Rock?
Speaker 6: Four o'clock?
Speaker 18: She like, don't be waking me up?
Speaker 6: You know what, You're right?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm gonna go lie that. I do not like when my wife says that to me, says what like four o'clock in the morning, And you know what I'm saying, And she's like, don't don't wake me up. I'm not trying to. Oh my alarm goes off at four. I get up, I go in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I got things.
Speaker 3: I gotta shower, I gotta get ready. So if I'm may I can't. If I'm making a little bit of noise, I don't want to hear. Don't wake me up. I'm already up. It's four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 8: Right and see the see I get shitshed like I get shipped, and I'm like, don't shift me like I'm trying to make a lot of noise. I know the baby sleeping, and I'm trying to, you know, tippy toe around to get you to get out of here.
Speaker 1: But I gotta take it. There's things I gotta do, things I gotta du that don't wake me up at four? Could you be less quiet in the morning?
Speaker 3: Like what the hell?
Speaker 8: And the sad thing is when my law goes off, I try to dive to get that phone off because I'm like, I don't want to wake up the baby.
Speaker 1: I don't want to wake up my wife.
Speaker 3: I literally aimed at my phone this morning the way Cardy be that girl with that microphone the truth straight up, because I hit it one time, bong at four o'clock and I hit the snooze.
Speaker 8: But and it feels like every morning When I try to be quiet, I always drop something.
Speaker 1: I dropped my phone, I dropped my keys. It is what it is because I ain't go front.
Speaker 3: This morning was a little bit tough because, like you know, I'm more of a wine person. On the weekends, I drink tequila when I'm out socializing. But I was so stressed over the fight Saturday that I drink like three three drinks of tequila.
Speaker 1: You know you didn't fight shot. You know it wasn't you. You know you don't manage errol. You know you have nothing as.
Speaker 3: Crazy as I drink that to Kila on Saturday. It took me at least thirty six hours to recover, and I didn't do nothing. Yesterday was stay home the old Do you get as harder to recover from alcohol?
Speaker 8: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one If you're just tuning in. Charlemagne gave himself donkey today because of what's Charlamagne?
Speaker 3: Because I was wrong about my prediction of Terrence Crawford and Earlspince. When I just wrong about the prediction. When Terrence Craftle was here, I told him several.
Speaker 8: Times he was gonna lose that fight there. And I've been saying that over the years, so you know, it just felt like the right thing to do, all right. So we're asking when was the last time you had to mit you were wrong? Let's talk about it. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning knowing everybody.
Speaker 8: It's dj enz Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about admitting when you're wrong. Now, this conversation comes from Charlemagne given himself donkey to day, because what's Charlotte.
Speaker 3: I was wrong about my prediction for the Earl Spence Terrence Crawford fight. You know, I picked Earl Spencer when Terrence Crawftle was here. I told him that several times. But I mean he throughout the years I've said Earl Spence as well, and he definitely didn't forget that, all right.
Speaker 8: So we're opening up the phone lines eight hundred five, eight five, one oh five one to ask him, when is the last time you had.
Speaker 1: To meet you a wrong?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 1: Who's this.
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Sherry? Now when's the last time you had to meet you a wrong? Mama?
Speaker 10: So yesterday my friend and I were talking and he was telling me that UFOs are real for.
Speaker 19: The longest time, and I was just like, I grew up in a time.
Speaker 10: Where people who believe in your folds are either conspiracy theories or like crazy. And so we were arguing back and forth, and then he hit me with the news clips where they like, admit.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you give an extraterrestrials man? Tell me why?
Speaker 13: No, boy, why wouldn't I believe it?
Speaker 3: Tell me why you wouldn't believe? I want to know why you wouldn't believe I did. Yo, there's one hundred billion planets. I estimated one hundred billion planets in just the Milky Way galaxy. You think that we the only planet out of one hundred billion planets were life on them?
Speaker 10: Not anymore.
Speaker 1: When you look the Earth.
Speaker 3: When you look at the Earth and you see all of the different creatures in the woods and all the different you know, creatures that's under the water, and all the different creatures in the sky, you think that the Earth, I mean, the universe isn't as diverse as Earth is when it comes to life.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, well thank you mama. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 6: This is James, James, what's up?
Speaker 1: Talk to us. We're talking about the last time you had to meet you? Wrong?
Speaker 6: All right, actually yesterday, Well, I have checked out that movie The Flash for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought it was gonna be garbed because you know, they would say it all kinds of just messed up stuff about the movie, and so I was like, I knew it was gonna be trashed. But then I checked it out all like that, this that's been pretty good.
Speaker 3: Well that's also why you got to go check things out on yourself, on your own, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's yeah. I thought myself that a long time ago.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, I ain't gonna with me crity Camm just checked stuff out myself. But then I'm fell into it again.
Speaker 3: Everybody got an opinion. I haven't seen The Flash either because I hate DC. I think DC sucks, but I have heard people tell me that they think The Flash.
Speaker 1: Is a good movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's pretty good, man. The storyline surprised me.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, yeah, yeah, and it's not that DC sucks. DC film sucks. Their films suck, you know, like, yeah, do that a lot with movies too.
Speaker 8: I'll listen to somebody say they don't like something, and then I watch it, I'm like, I actually enjoyed it. Like my newest thing now is I'm on Suits. I don't know if you guys watch Suits, but Suits is a great show on Netflix. I think it was originally on Hulu, but now it's on Netflix now and I love it, like I'm addicted to it. I think it's like eight seasons and it's a really good lawyer attorney type of film, or i should say series, which is very very good. It's it's about the attorneys, but it's more about revenge. And I really enjoy it. I really enjoyed it. All right, Well, what's the moralist story? Chettle Man and all of.
Speaker 3: The stories man, don't be afraid to meet when you're on It's really it's really just that simple.
Speaker 1: And don't bet against Buddy Crawford. All right. Now, when we come back, we got to discuss Gilly the King. You know he had his.
Speaker 8: Birthday to Gilly. We'll discuss he had his Gilly Festival over the weekend and we'll tell you all about it. So don't move it to breakfast club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's sure names or you've gossip beating. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right now? Elon must reactivated Kanye West's Twitter account. You know it's the new ex brand now.
Speaker 8: It was formerly known as Twitter of course, and then twenty minutes later they deactivated. But now, as is this morning, Kanye West Twitter is working. He hasn't said a tweet or anything as of yet, but I'm sure that will be coming shortly. Also, we got a salute and say happy birthday to Gilly the King or Gilly the Kid. Today is his birthday. Over the weekend he had his Gilly Festival. We had a million different artists performed, from Meek Mill to Finest two times to ge her Bow to just hilarious perform and a host of.
Speaker 3: The Baby Pull Up the Baby. Who else I saw? I mean I was just looking looking on Instagram. Yeah, you covered it.
Speaker 1: State Property was there too.
Speaker 3: Right, wasn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't see him perform this year. You feel like Freeway and P D. Crack was there. I think so I know that they came.
Speaker 8: I think a couple of days before to show the brother some love. He made a post about his son that, of course, was shot in a triple shooting incident. Gilly said, I miss you like ish Dev. My heart will forever have a black hole in it, but you know your father got to be strong to hold the family up. Thanks for all the support from family, friends and all of my follows followers, y'all really helped me get through this rough times. Me and my family appreciate and love y'all. Rest well, Dev and watch over us. You know I got chased. Love you Cheese dropping the.
Speaker 3: Clues bombs for Gilly Maine dropping the clues bombs with a good brother Wallow as well.
Speaker 1: The happy born Day to Gilly. Today is Gilly's born day.
Speaker 3: And Gilly, don't let Wallow jack the gift I said, Okayan, you Wallow sleeping with it on Instagram. Gilly, that was for you, okay, and Wallow the comfort that that gift provides. It's for Gilly, not you, all right, give Gilly his gift you sent him. I don't want to see if they already posted it. You said, something can sleep, but.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. Just know it's something that provides comfort, Okay. I never know what you though.
Speaker 3: I never know what you mean, what provides comfort. It's something that provides comfort, man, that's all. That's all. Salute to Gilly and Walla Wallow. Give Gilly his gift Man, that was for you. But we have a clip from Gilly Festival.
Speaker 15: I want, I ever want to do all my life, man, But if it wasn't for my family, it wasn't one of my friends, and if it wasn't for y'all, right now, I just wanted to tell y'all, yeah, I love y'all man.
Speaker 3: And dropping the clues bond for Gilly Man that gotta be tough. Yes, you gotta be tough, man, and it is born day to day to have all that happened last week. But then still gotta you know, show up because of your obligation with Gilly fest. This weekend had to be like a real bittersweet feeling because the love and support makes you feel better, But then you don't even want to be going through what you're going through, you know, so correct now send it healing, healing energy to Gilly and his family. Man, rest in piece to cheese, long lived cheese.
Speaker 8: Absolutely And lastly, Ice Spice is getting to receive some backlash for her video.
Speaker 1: She shot a video for her song Delhi. If you don't know what the song is. The song she your back and.
Speaker 3: She showing her penny and she's shaking like Jelly Danny business, but I'm shaking. That's in a Deli. We're you like him, Baddy not.
Speaker 8: People are upset because in that video she has a TikToker and they're a popular TikToker.
Speaker 1: Her name is Aya Tanjali. Did I say the name right?
Speaker 8: I know Aya is seen in multiple scenes, but they're saying the reason that people are upset is because they believe that, well not they believe.
Speaker 1: They're saying that the young girl is sixteen years old, So people are upset about that. I have dar idea what y'all talking about? All right?
Speaker 3: When I say, I have no clue what the hell that story was about, I have no clue what you listen. It was about you don't be listening. You don't be listening.
Speaker 1: I was listening, But I have no idea what you don't be hearing. You won't be hearing.
Speaker 3: You don't even know what the hell you were talking about. All you doing was reading, Yeah, you're right, I was reading.
Speaker 15: I was.
Speaker 8: On What's going on with them churn. All right, well that is your rumor report. All right, Now, Beyonce was performing last night, the last two nights in New York City, and everybody who went said that she had a phenomenal show. The performance was amazing. So if you do get a chance to go check out Beyonce, definitely get your tickets. I mean, people are saying it's one of the greatest shows that they've ever seen. So she's in DC, I think in the next couple of days, So.
Speaker 1: DC over the weekend. I think this weekend coming up. Yeah, it was that the fifth right, Yes, don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure it's this weekend.
Speaker 3: It's the weekend.
Speaker 8: No, okay, all right, Well up next to the People's Choice Mixed eight hundred five five one gets your request and and again, salute to everybody in Atlanta that came out to my car show. I just want to say thank you. I appreciate it. We have such an amazing time. So many families, so many kids, so many people. So just say thank you. Just thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you New York. We up next, it's the Breakfast Logo Morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: With audio titles on business, fitness, motivation, and more, Audible keeps your imagination pumped and ready to hit new goals. Check out all the audiobooks, podcasts, and originals you could want and sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Breakfast Club, WWPR, FMHD one New York and iHeart radio station.
Speaker 8: Morning Everybody, It's DJ NV Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. That fight over the weekend, it was it was just a good to see people ready for the fight. Like I said, I watched the fight at Sweet Lounge in Atlanta because I have my car show in Atlanta, and just the amount of people there ready for the fight, even though it wasn't what we all wanted, because we wanted competition, one.
Speaker 3: Of the competitive competitive was gonna be a competitive fight when you have two of the most elite wealth weights of this generation, the two most elite wealth weights of this generation, the fight that we've been all waiting for for years. We thought it was gonna be a lot more competitive than it was. I didn't think that either one of them could do to each other what Bud did to Earl spince right, but that's why the fights happened in the ring and not in our minds. Absolutely, yes, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well when we come back, we got your positive noes that don't move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's time for a positive no Chlaman you got one I do.
Speaker 3: First of all, I want to tell everybody to man salute to everyone who has been listening to Unleashed with Love on Audible. That is the new release from SBAH Productions. That's Kevin hart Kno's production company with Audible, and we put out a new project called Unleashed with Love. It is an audio scripted romantic comedy. Starr and The Good Sister, Alicia Renee and Logan Browning and Pretty b and Just Hilarious and Porscha Williams and Justsell Brian and Coad Deemed Hardest and Jasmine Guys, just to name a few. So thank you to everybody who's been checking that out on Audible and off you have an Audible subscription. Even if you don't have an Audible subscription, go check out Unleash for Love. On audible.
Speaker 1: Okay, now the.
Speaker 3: Positive notice simply, this confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.
Speaker 1: Breakfast club bit is you don't finish or y'all done.