Speaker 1: Good morning in Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlamagne to God in the plan of this Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we got our special guest co host Sques this morning.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, the legendary.
Speaker 4: What's what's up?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 4: Hey? Hey, I can't call it. I might spawl it.
Speaker 1: Original member of the Ghetto Boys.
Speaker 6: What he did? As hell, what's happening to my brother?
Speaker 4: Hey? Man? No one more win?
Speaker 6: I been you used to being up this early.
Speaker 1: I'm not Okayokoka, I'm not, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: Shout to all the dads out there that do throw up duty. So this morning I had throw up duty. My son came in. My son is nine years old. He walked in my bedroom was said, I feel sick, right, and I don't know why kids do this.
Speaker 1: Right, if you feel sick, throw up in the bathroom, throw up in the toilet. All right. So as soon as he said he's notine, I just told you he's not. You're listening. No, he's nine. So he said he's sick. So it's like three am.
Speaker 3: So you know, I gotta about an hour left to get up, right, So I'm trying to ignore the situation, and my wife says, well, if you feel sick, go to the bathroom. He goes, all right, he stands up. I see him walk like three steps and he's not moving. So I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna let my wife handle it. And all of a sudden, I'm like, damn. So I'm still acting like I'm sleeping. I'm like, I'm not getting up. I'm like, I got one hour left.
Speaker 1: Who the hell cleaned up to throw?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: So my wife she does not do throw up. If she sees throw up, she'll throw up. So then she starts saying babe, babe, and I start with the hooon, babe, babe.
Speaker 1: I get up.
Speaker 3: Jackson just threw up all over the place. I'm like, all, you're gonna clean it up. She's like, you know, if I throw if if I see it, I'm gonna thought. So I had to get up at.
Speaker 1: Three am clean up my scrub. Now I ain't get my hour in.
Speaker 4: Did you document it?
Speaker 1: I did not document.
Speaker 4: You need to document that because your wife is gonna tell a different version talking about how she cleaned it up to bed.
Speaker 2: Jesus, you just ruined everybody's breakfast. We ain't even each yet and you're talking about throw up.
Speaker 6: It was naw.
Speaker 3: But then I had to get my COVID test because I had to make sure he wasn't sick I had COVID. Then I had to go in his nose and make sure he was out he didn't have COVID.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe just ain't something bad yesterday, But that was my morning.
Speaker 2: That definitely wasn't my mom because I'm gonna get my Hour's got to be some rooms, some regulations, and some order. Daddy gotta sleep, Daddy gotta get up for in the morning. Okay, So anything that happened during the week around that time, you know, if it ain't like life threatening or something serious, I'm sleep. Damn I one in my hour. That's just how things go. Yeah, moment, you gotta get up four o'clock.
Speaker 3: And I wanted that that last hour is everything, but it is what it is, all right, things will being a dad.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get the show cracking, front page news testling. Figure out. Will be joining you. We're joining us.
Speaker 3: We'll put you onto everything that's happening in Front page News, and then the rumors or we gotta discuss Cardi b. There were some more things that came out we got to talk about.
Speaker 1: So don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club on b E t owning everybody. It's DJ NV, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co hosts Willie D, of course legend Icon probably know from the Ghetto Boys' podcast, solo album. So many things, but let's get in some Front page News.
Speaker 5: Good morning Tess, Good morning DJ Envy, and my favorite guy is here, my friend in real life, Willie.
Speaker 8: D and of course Charlemagne Tuz.
Speaker 1: Now let's jump right into it.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Texas police held a black family at gunpoint in handcuff their son.
Speaker 5: What happened, Yeah, police in Frisco, Texas, like you just mentioned, held a black couple at gunpoint, handcuffed the young son because they mistyped the car's license plate in their system, leading them to believe that the family was driving a stolen car. Now, while the while the car was running, they typed in the plate sand it was from Arizona when reality it was from Arkansas. And so the bodycam footage was released and it showed an officer again holding the son, the young sons or the young son at gunpoint.
Speaker 8: The son is about twelve years old.
Speaker 5: I want you to take a listen and listen to the father really literally begging because how his son was traumatized.
Speaker 9: Us.
Speaker 8: Take a listen, just a ba.
Speaker 4: In a basketball team. We ain't made my son on.
Speaker 1: That's my son. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Listen, but we just hit for a basketball team. This bro.
Speaker 10: We just learned.
Speaker 1: We just learned right now. That's why we started. I'm coming out, come out. Can you fit that way for now? I can't fit that way, bro, I'm a basketball coach Bonne and that look listen, look at this boat. Listen listen, bo we we on the I'm the basketball fo.
Speaker 4: I got you steal.
Speaker 1: Carry and everything.
Speaker 10: That's why we told y'all all on myself for no reason.
Speaker 6: Boy, we deserve better.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: What did the family say after the officer admitted the officer that he made him misink?
Speaker 8: Yeah he did, ad meant that he made a mistake.
Speaker 5: The civil rights attorney David Henderson said that you know, they see this happen all the time. The difference between how they treat black people even when they say, you know that they that they have a license to carry.
Speaker 8: So the officer did admit that it was a mistake.
Speaker 5: Uh the the wife, but the husband said, you know, but that sounds fine, But this could have went all the way different. You know, if he had reached for his phone or anything could have happened.
Speaker 8: They could have been killed. And I want to point to another case.
Speaker 5: You may remember this Robbie Tolan in two thousand and eight that was treated the same way in Bellair, Texas because they believed that the car was stolen and followed Robbie Tolan all the way home. I know you remember this story, Willye all the way home and shot him in his driveway while his parents were saying, the car is not stolen, it is my car. So just to give I just want to paint a picture here, Charlemagne. I'm really upset about this because when you look at the logic behind this. I built my first house in Frisco, Texas. I know exactly where this is, and this shows exactly that no matter where you are, it can happen anywhere. The median income in Frisco, Texas is one hundred and forty thousand dollars a year. It's the last place that a family of four, two kids and a mom and dad will be joy riding in a car. So to go to a level ten to pull out guns automatically before they even knew that it was a concealed weapon and in the car made no logical sense. What family afford will be riding around Jeorde, riding in a car in broad daylight. And I also want to point to that it was not just a white officer. The white officer, or appears to be a white officer from the body camp, was pointing the gun, but it also was a sister on the scene as well, you know, as a police officer. And this is where we talk about the duty to interfere, intervene. So again, why did they go all the way to a level ten? Also did some other status. It's about two hundred car thefts a year in Frisco, Texas, So this is not an area where you're constantly seeing stolen cars, you know, riding joy riding through the streets. And that's what really upsets me because it just didn't make any logical sense to go to a level.
Speaker 2: We know why they went to a level ten because the family was black. Like, it's not a class issue, it.
Speaker 6: Was a race issue.
Speaker 8: It was exactly.
Speaker 4: It was all triggered by the sister who actually put the wrong license plate number in in the first place. She's the one who triggered the whole series of effect. This is why I say that, Yeah, this is why I say it doesn't matter that you have black officers working in black communities and white officers working outside of those black communities. The moment that black people crossed that line, they free gained to these race warriors, you know, these these race soldiers, you know, they're they're free game. And these uncivilized MutS. They don't know the difference between a child and an adult and right and wrong. All they know is I got a gun, I got a badge, I got authority. I'm about to interfere with your life. I'm about to interrupt your life.
Speaker 3: And what was what was the warrant for when they typed in the wrong plate? What was the warrant for? Just a stolen car?
Speaker 5: What I mean they thought it was stolen, It wasn't. It wasn't a stolen car at all. It wasn't a warrant. They typed it in. They typed it was nothing. I mean, they typed it in and just figured, Okay, I guess the car is stolen because apparently when the wrong license.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was just a mistake and stolen.
Speaker 1: Call wars all of that, all those guns being drawn. Well, let me ask you another question. So what can happen now? Can they sue? Can like, what can what can the family do out of this?
Speaker 5: Well, technically when we see these type of cases in the civil side, since no one I guess was physically harmed, you have to be able to kind of line it up with some type of damage. Now, if this son or anybody in the family says they've been traumatized and they can prove that, you know, maybe we're going to get mental health counseling or that type of thing, maybe they can. Sometimes police state police departments will just write a check to kind of make the problem go away.
Speaker 8: So we'll see.
Speaker 5: Now, in Robbie Tolan's case where he actually was shot, he did live to tell the story. They went all the way to the Supreme Court and they sued as well, so they won. So just kind of depends on what the damage is. But I just want to reiterate again, Charlotane, You're right, it was not a class issue.
Speaker 8: It was a race issue.
Speaker 5: But I was bringing up class as a point to say, like Willie said, that it doesn't matter. It's like, no matter what you know, it's always comes down to the color of our skin, including when a black officer is, you know, on the scene, and also.
Speaker 2: When an officer as they made a mistake like that, shouldn't it be some type of automatic disciplinary action if you're innet of a mission of guilt, if you're admitting you made a mistake, you can't. You can't just commit that kind of malpractice like that and nothing happens.
Speaker 5: You just get the chief right, and the chief just basically said, you know, we made a mistake and we learned from it.
Speaker 8: So that was there, you know, my bad. Basically, it would have.
Speaker 2: Been like that if you'd accidentally killed that man or that man son too, would we learned from all mistakes?
Speaker 6: But then somebody's dad so and so, so now what all right?
Speaker 1: Well that is front page news scity test. We'll see in a couple of minutes. Everybody else, get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one If you need to vent phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one five one call us up now. It's the Breakfast Slo Go Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Ray right, ray, Yo, Charlae maneafy what up are we lost?
Speaker 6: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: I got an indoor pool.
Speaker 6: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast club on.
Speaker 7: The phone right now.
Speaker 12: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We lie.
Speaker 13: Hello, who's this yo? Calling it from Gainesville, Florida.
Speaker 1: They what's up? Brother? Get it chess?
Speaker 13: Hey, what's going on? It's just crazy to be talking with y'all. But I just want to say, envy, I run it. How you say yourself? Woke up through up this morning?
Speaker 11: You know, mom woke up about three as poss the same thing. I just wish I could have got that extra one like you. Being a single dad, I had to get up to take care of it.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean I'm not a single dad, but I definitely had to get up to take care of and you know, and that at that time you're looking at the clock like, damn, all I want is my time to had to had to clean up to throw up, then had to mop it up, then had to clawoxe it and then it was a lot this morning.
Speaker 13: But you know, it's a crazy man to be talking with y'all. Y'all powerful man.
Speaker 1: I like it. You know.
Speaker 11: As a young black male, I get a lot of experience and a lot of knowledge from both of y'all, so and everybody that.
Speaker 4: You bring on.
Speaker 13: So I definitely appreciate morning messages that you guys bring.
Speaker 6: Love my brother, y'all, take it easy.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this Hey, Good morning guy.
Speaker 14: This is Tim from fid Ohio.
Speaker 1: Kim from Ohio. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: So that story really get me hard this morning.
Speaker 9: I'm a white guy.
Speaker 13: I always say I'm your favorite white listener.
Speaker 14: I kind of say that done in cheque.
Speaker 15: I know there's a lot of white listeners out there.
Speaker 14: But I've had my own issues with the police, and I've said this before, I've called you got I cannot fad.
Speaker 13: Them what you guys deal with. When I see you guys black.
Speaker 14: People in America, I feel insulted every day. I hear stories like this, and I feel like I want to start a movement, man, but I don't know what. Yeah, I'm forty five and I just said the other day. I don't know how black young men don't have anxiety.
Speaker 6: What you mean, do we do? We do?
Speaker 14: They do have anxiety at a young age by dealing them with the horses every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do, brother, we do, they do, yes, a young We just will talk about that behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: What you said, Willie, they want to do this to you at the earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they purposely do this. They purposely target our babies and traumatize them early on. They're trying to get them off track. They're trying to throw them off, get them off their square, to make sure that they are not productive citizens. They don't want our babies to be productive. They don't want our baby. They want our babies bodies cold or one. You know what I'm saying. They don't care, and.
Speaker 1: It never gets better. See what most people don't realize is when you get to an age where you think, Okay, I'm old enough where maybe I won't get pulled over, maybe they won't look at me like that. Then you got kids. Now you worry every night that your kid goes out. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I got a nineteen year old son that you know, he goes out and he you know, whether he last night he went the top golf, the other night he goes in, and I'm worried each and every.
Speaker 1: Night that he ain't gonna make it back. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So you continue to have this anxiety, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's a new day.
Speaker 6: Is if you're time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 4: Want to get up and get something.
Speaker 6: Call up now. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this yo? What Ted?
Speaker 6: You said?
Speaker 7: Tad?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Ted, Tad? T isn't Teddy?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get it off your chest. Ted.
Speaker 16: I'm calling in the corner many out here.
Speaker 2: That's why I say it ain't stereotype if it's true, because I knew something was up. I was about to ask you, what do you identify as? But I was gonna mind my business this morning.
Speaker 1: But you let the world no, oh, definitely identify as a woman.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's the faith?
Speaker 1: You're a stud?
Speaker 13: Though, yeah, I'm I'm a dude in the relationship.
Speaker 4: What's the fake?
Speaker 14: A faith would be something that you would call it.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, because we already sitting out here anyway, will be doing.
Speaker 5: But it's like you are, you are stood, and you have a sake for me, and on the loof you made it hard for us.
Speaker 15: The real was out here.
Speaker 2: You can't be based, No, you can't be That ain't how we roll it.
Speaker 1: That's that's trimple cent enough, triple.
Speaker 6: What's the sin?
Speaker 1: I don't get what the sin is?
Speaker 6: Lost?
Speaker 14: We already double, they already say being what we are.
Speaker 2: So you want people, you want the real studge of the world, to just swear off meat.
Speaker 1: They can't have no penis whatsoever, No.
Speaker 14: No, nothing, man, Just go ben if you better off.
Speaker 1: Jesus, cause wouldn't that be prescytarian. No fish, y'all eat fish?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I wasn't eat some fish.
Speaker 14: But you know the human body ain't fish.
Speaker 1: Okay, he wasn't. You know what? Never mind, I tell you have a good one.
Speaker 6: All right, y'all, that's right, y'all. Listen to ta man.
Speaker 2: All y'all studges out there, stop faking the funk all right leading penises alone as studs.
Speaker 1: He who is this?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 14: Clip?
Speaker 1: Clip?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I went to the boy a few days ago.
Speaker 1: I was how I left. Oh, somebody put you on your ass. You don't know how you left? Somebody not you out.
Speaker 12: I don't know how I left the I don't know how I left.
Speaker 2: Hey, you don't play boxing, bro, Bro. We got WILLI din here? Willie did is a What is it?
Speaker 1: Willy? What gold? You said? Golden glove?
Speaker 6: Golden glove.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know how I left though.
Speaker 3: Maybe you shouldn't go back there, all right, maybe you should be boxing.
Speaker 1: How long you've been training?
Speaker 13: I think you're as small as day.
Speaker 15: I've never really trained with it.
Speaker 1: There's your problem. See, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: People just want to jump in and go in the gym and just start sparring. There's more to that, right, you're right? Yeah, you got hitting the nose. I don't know what he got hit in it, but his phone? Ny more, Get it off your chest? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vin you can hit us up now when we come back. We got your room and report We got to discuss Cardi b. You know yesterday she got into the incident. Well over the weekend she got into the incident with somebody that threw a drink at her. She threw the mic back. Well, uh, it changed up a little and we'll discuss some updates. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast Club owning everybody. It's d J n V, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co hosts Willy d here, and let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Steven A.
Speaker 1: Smith. All out of names or you've gossip chatting?
Speaker 6: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess were on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right now.
Speaker 3: The reason I started with this story is Willy d Our guest host. If you don't know, icon legend from the legendary group Ghetto Boys. But he was also a boxer, Golden Glove boxer, and we were talking behind the scenes about the erro Spence in Crawford fight.
Speaker 1: Well yesterday Stephen A. Smith said this about Ero Spence.
Speaker 17: In all my years of watching boxing, it is rare that I've seen an ass whipping like that. Having said that, I want to announce this one national television.
Speaker 1: Right here on first tape.
Speaker 17: I believe that Errol Spence Junior should consider retiring. That's how bad that ass were was. Let me explain what lost and I'm getting ready to go to that.
Speaker 6: It's how you lose, and it's what he's been through.
Speaker 2: And when he says it's been through, he means the two car accidents, car accidents. It was too well because it was two car accident was too Yeah. People always talk about the Ferrari flipping over, but they forget about the head on collision he had with I think it was a fourteen or fifteen year old, Like I think the fourteen to fifteen year old ran into him.
Speaker 6: It was the head on collision.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that one. Yeah, so Willie did. He'll form a box of golden glove box. So what are your thoughts? Should he retire? From what you've seen?
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody's saying that this is a thought that maybe should I think Oscar de la Hoya said something about that as well.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 2: Oscar de la Hoya said that he definitely should not fight in the symbol because he feels like you know that people are saying that he might have some residual neurological damage. The only reason I don't want to get into those conversations is because I don't want to take away anything from Terrence Crawford. Like, I don't feel like that's fair abud, because Earl has had quite a few fights since both those accidents he's been in and he's one no. So if there's something wrong with Earl, I pray he gets the health he needs. And I care about his overall health more than I care about anything he does in the ring. But I don't want to get into those conversations because I feel like that takes away from what terres for did on Saturday Night.
Speaker 4: Ex excellent view. First of all, salute to Terrence Crawford. Hell of a fighter. He is a world champion, He is a Hall of Famer. He showed you the reason why he is considered one of the greats. Stephen A says a lot of dumb things. He's a corny dude. His drop top, had to believe affects his thinking sometimes. Look, man, I've been in like four or five car accidents and he didn't affect me and my fighting Stephen A don't know what he's talking about. Earl's Earl Spence, like Charlemagne I mentioned earlier, did well in the fights that that that that name after the car accidents. When he fought. If you watch how he fought that fight, he fought all the way through. He came, He kept attacking. Yeah, he got tached every time he every time, every time he got close, he got touched. You know, he got touched, but he kept coming. And he's ended the fight on his own street, and he ended the fight on his feet. And you know, you can talk about how he how he you know, how he got dominated and all that kind of stuff. He was dominated. But even with that, Harold Spence is still better than ninety five percent of the fighters out there, especially the ones who are right underneath him and above his division. Why would you try to try to discourage that man from making a living for hisself and his family and continuing to put his put hisself and in the record books and secure his legs, further secure his legacy.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you said that, would you?
Speaker 4: But also also why would you try to deter people who might want to do business with that man to not do business with him. You know, Earl Spence earned the right to continue to fight. I mean, if if he's gonna get his he's gonna get checked out by doctors and all that stuff. And if he feels that, you know, he can continue, he should continue, even if it means that he that he ends up getting killed in the ring. You know, if he wants to fight, let him fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we don't want him to get killed, and we don't want him sometimes sometimes you know in that when you go that far, Ego gets in that way right because he wants to get back. But if a doctor is saying he can, we don't even know what the doctor said. I just don't want to see nobody get killed in the ring. But my question to you is, so you don't think retire.
Speaker 4: We just want to see him get brutally beaten in the ring.
Speaker 1: I don't want That was hard to watch on I'm gonna I wanted it to be way more competitive.
Speaker 9: That was.
Speaker 6: That was hard to watch on Saturday.
Speaker 2: I'm glad what you said about Earlo because I don't like people acting like Earl with some scrub. He was an undefeated, unified Wealth the Wade champion. He had three belts.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Spence is a bad beast, and I would let me tell you something. I got a confession to make. I didn't think the fight was gonna be that good because I thought that they both were gonna be too tactical all of you know, all the way up until around the fourth fifth round, I thought it was gonna be too tactical, and both of them have very, very good defense, so I felt like, you know, this probably is not gonna be an exciting fight. And at the last minute, I actually bought the fight. And I'm gonna tell you something, I would pay to watch that fight again. A lot of people say, well, you ain't no used to watching, man, if you watch, let me tell you something. I like to see people fight. Two people want to fight. I ain't saying bullets. I don't want to see bullets, but I like to see when two people want to fight each other. I want to see it.
Speaker 1: I want to see that fights are the same and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, nah, at the skill levels ain't gotta be.
Speaker 6: I like to see a fight.
Speaker 1: I want to see it.
Speaker 6: I don't want to see the rematch person.
Speaker 4: I want to see fights. I want to see two people that want to fight. I want to watch them fight. And and here's the thing, in a rematch, yeah, you know, styles make fights. So even in a rematch, Terrence, I mean, Terrence could dominate again, But I don't think we'll see the exact same type of results. We won't see a situation like that because I do believe that, as you mentioned, you alluded to ego a little earlier. I do think the next time around, uh, Earl Spence will like employ some a better defensive strategy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Earl could do to close the gap. You know, I didn't realize the skill level between Terrence Crawford and Earl was that wide. Unless unless Earl just had that bad of a night on Saturday.
Speaker 4: He could he could fall He could fall back and and and and and counter punch more instead of trying, instead of being so aggressive and committing committing. He could fall back and counter punch more, you know, and and and and you know, and he could he could put up a better defense.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: See, I just don't want to take nothing away from Terrence Crawford. Man, I think can't take that drive on to clues bomb in Terrence Crawford. I don't want to If anything is wrong with Earl will find out later on in the future. But I don't want to take away nothing from what that man did on.
Speaker 4: And let me say this, man, Steven Smith should be the last person coming on boxing. Did you see that video that he put out a year or two of him boxing. The dude looked like he was punched drunk. He ain't got no business talking about boxing, man, hey man, stick stick to writing, bro stick to writing.
Speaker 10: I don't like.
Speaker 4: Commentation, hey man, Hey, I would love to. I would love to fight Stephen A.
Speaker 6: Smith.
Speaker 1: And let me say and let me say that stevens A.
Speaker 4: Smith was very emphatic about how how how Terrence got his ass. Whoop I'm telling you right, I mean got his ass. Look, I'm telling you right now, I would whoop Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith's ass. This is Texas, Texas men's standing up for Texas men.
Speaker 4: I would whoop Stephen A. Smith ass for the whole an entire boxing ring, the boxing world, just for making that comment.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ. All right, well that is your room of report. So we'll set it up and the rematch you and Steven A. Smith on the under the car.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: Stephen A. Smith.
Speaker 2: Okay, ESPN's office. If you and stephen A fight, you and stephen A fight, here's the bet. If stephen A wins, Steven, they gotta shave his head bald. If you win, you got to throw your hair half rot.
Speaker 1: We got your money on, We got your money on. I mean, he's a golden man. I ain't even fail. But you're not talking about that. Why you don't see what he did? Stephen you said that you don't want to have to set up the bet. Now battle let the letters steven A versus woolle d. We can really sell this, by the way we could sell it. I'm with it, man, I'm with it, Houston versus New York.
Speaker 6: That'd be great, Steve.
Speaker 4: How your people to call me man?
Speaker 1: We can do in the middle of my cart, all right, when we come back, we got front page. Oh my gosh, I hate y'all. It's Breakfast Local Morning.
Speaker 6: The Breakfast Club mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Our audible pick of the day is The Space Within.
Speaker 2: Jessica Chastin, Bobby Cannibal, and an All Star Caps are on board for this supernatural audio thriller. Listen when you sign up for a pre trial at audible dot com, slash breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Everybody, it's DJ NV Charlamagne God, we are the breakfast Club. We still have our guest co hosts, Willie D. And let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, Test, Bigarrerow, happy to be here, Willy D and Charlemagne and djmv JA.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get right into it. Sixty one percent of Americans say they are living paycheck to paycheck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just another reminder to these politicians, especially that inflation has ease compared to one year ago, but sixty one percent of adults still say they are living paycheck to paycheck. Lower income workers have been hit the hardest, and about three quarters of consumers that earn less than fifty thousand annually are really being hit. Sixty five percent of those earners between fifty thousand and one hundred thousand are still.
Speaker 8: Live in paycheck to paycheck.
Speaker 4: You know, you hear a lot of.
Speaker 5: Folks say, oh, I earn six figures, earn six figures. Well, even the one hundred thousand folks, people that are earned one hundred thousand are still living paycheck to paycheck. And so they're saying that there is a small percentage of even those who are making over one hundred thousand that are still living.
Speaker 8: Paycheck to paycheck. And they said that this happened even before COVID, so we can't just blame it on well, it was COVID.
Speaker 5: So again, Americans are using credit cards, paying high interests in order to you know, Rob Peter, to pay Paul, if you will, dipping into their savings, which is making them more vulnerable. So I wanted to bump this story up because we talked yesterday about how a campaign season we're not hearing a lot about you know, what is going you know, what's going to happen with average, average, you know, working folks, and what is the economy going to look like, and what are the plans, whether that be on the Democrat side or the Republican side.
Speaker 8: So I thought I bumped this back up today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw them also say that the forecast for a recession got called off.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I'll just be wondering what does that mean for folks who've been poor, you know, right, I mean that's the problem.
Speaker 3: The problem is, you know, we talk about these food deserts, is what people can get, what they can eat, and what they can't. But the prices of food are still going up, which is which is crazy. The prices of gas in some areas are still high. People are not making more money, but they still have to you know, pay for everything. I mean, electricity is high, gas bill is still high. Uh, and food is still high. But people are not making more money. So it's it's it's very difficult for people out there.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Working poor are often referred to as people with you know, low low skills, limited skills, and low income. But oftentimes when you you take a look at it, you know, a lot of working poor include people with advanced degree skill level, so you got to look at that also a lot of times we tend to think about poor, we don't think about the people that live in paycheck to paycheck. That makes it figure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a lot of those people, you know, part of the recent that they're living paycheck to paycheck too is because the school owns. I read somewhere they said most people don't pay up the school loans to their forties.
Speaker 1: So people are.
Speaker 3: Still paying school loans off, you know, and they never got a chance to even make money or bounce back from the school loans.
Speaker 4: You know, That's why it was important when we tell our kids to school to pay as long as off, you know, like they actually like make sure that when they stepped away from school that they didn't have that burden, because that actually stops a lot of our people from being able to build wealth because they're going in so heavily and depth. If you can take that burden off your children when they can so when they finished school, if you're going to send them to college, you know you can. There's a way that you can figure out to take that burden off them where they can start fresh. You know, that would be hooty.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I tell everybody that that's as a parent, that's one of my major dreams for my kids, just to make sure that all their schools are taken care of so that when they graduate, they start at zero, you know what I mean, So they have a shot, they have a chance to do something that they enjoy. A lot of times people don't do what they enjoy, don't do what they love, because they have to do a necessity, have to do to pay their bill. So I just want them to be happy because this life is short and people are stressed out, and I just want them to start at zero and be happy.
Speaker 1: You know what else? You got to talk about this new nightclub narcotic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just wanted to give folks an updated heads up of what is happening with a new night club narcotic. It's called two C and it's actually known as pink cocaine. It's a new designer drug that is even on the radar of the United Nations. Let's take a listen, we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 18: Out of all the different narcotics, is there one drug that seems to be the most prolific right now?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 19: Right now, for Miami itself, it's the party This is the party scene. So the party drug right now that it's very popular is called Tucsy t C.
Speaker 18: Also known as pink cocaine, a designer drug even on the radar of the United Nations.
Speaker 19: So there's a lot of music, especially in the Regulartos scene, that make reference to tucson because it's.
Speaker 6: A very popular.
Speaker 19: Dance club drug that's being utilized right now in the party set.
Speaker 1: So what's the effects? I mean, how is it stronger than regular white cocaine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, the problem is they're putting in the food coloring to you know, make it pink. And like a lot of these synthetic, you know, manufactured drugs, they're just kind of throwing whatever in the kitchen sink, you know, to try to make it stronger or doing whatever. And that's where the problem is coming from. So this symptom is causing racing heart which obviously they can happen with cocaine, by the way, but this particular drug is causing a racing heart rate, dilated pupils, sweaty, increased blood pressure, strokes, seizure, hypothermia, and increased temperature. And again they're stressing that the ingredients vary from batch to batch, so you never know what you're getting. So you know, as folks are you know, spreading this out in the club and you're taking, you know, a little snort, you don't know, you know, what it is that that you're getting, because they're making these drugs, you know, in the kitchen sink basically as you will, like what a lot of these new designer drugs that are out there. So it is basic cocaine, but they're adding other stuff.
Speaker 6: To it, red kool aid.
Speaker 2: Mix it with red kool aid if you want your cocaine to have a little color to it. But they need to be worried about the cocaine being fentonol free. That's what's getting people out of here, that fenty.
Speaker 5: You never know if they're putting that in it as well, you know, because they're just throwing whatever to try to make it, you know, as strong as possible.
Speaker 2: And for what, Like why do you need your drug? First of all, you shouldn't be using the drug to begin with. But why do you need your drug to be a certain color? Why do you want to have a fashionable drug?
Speaker 4: But that's how you get the kids.
Speaker 6: The kids are already on it, you get more kids because of the color.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got to I saw on Shark Tank they had this, uh this this cleaning jail that is colorful and so it encourages kids to keep their hands clean. But they made it colorful with you know, bright colors and stuff like that on the label so that kids would be more inclined to want to keep their hands clean. So, just like when they put the cigarette and the camera mouth back in the day, it's all about peeling to the youth. If you can get the youth, you know, you can at least run an entire generation for the next twenty fifty years.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And also remember we talked about we coup the story a couple of weeks ago on the uh the edible weed. Remember we were talking about how they were making that taste like candy, and that was also, you know, part of a market employ and kids were overdosing on that as well because they didn't know, you know, what type of edible weed, you know, what would conflict you know, with their body.
Speaker 1: But that also was a marketing or they've been doing that. They'll put the edible in, It'll be in a Jolly Ranchers bag or skin.
Speaker 6: Patch kids like they've been doing that.
Speaker 4: So can we agree that America does not care about the children? Come on, man, I'm gone see we agree.
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: I never thought they did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, they're always talking about the kids, the youth, this, the youth that. But if you really look at how they treat the youth, just like they treat the elder, they say one thing, but they do something totally different, same thing. Absolutely with our service man. You know, I vet oh, I say one thing. They put on a big show at these games and stuff like that. They bring out the old dude, it could ballely walk and as soon as the camera go out, like get your ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should never be any homeless veteran in America. You should never have if you fought in any war in this country. You should not be on the side of the road with a cardboard sign begging for anything. You should have free room and board, you know what I'm saying. You should get free health insurance for the rest of your life. You should get some type of you know, stiphened every every month to take care of your bills, to make sure you got food on your plate. Like America should absolutely be taking one hundred percent cab of as veterans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and your kids should be taking care of so your kids should get free schooled. You know that that's the ultimate sacrifice. But they love to like prop that out there. Man, But you know, actions not indicative but statements.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that is front page news.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tesland figure out absolutely and make sure you subscribed to Tesling Figureo's podcast a s Great Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeart Radio podcast Network, and follow her on social media platforms at tesling figure Out.
Speaker 1: All right now when we come back, Charlmone, you want to go to breakfast club Court.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have been leaving comments about the Cardi B conversation last yesterday that we did.
Speaker 1: I'm with it.
Speaker 3: So if you don't know what happening, of course, Cardi B. She got into an incident as she was performing. Somebody through a drink at her and she threw the microphone back. Well, some more details are coming out one uh now people are saying that Cardi B asked people to throw water on her, and also that's what the girl did, and the girl was saying sorry when Cardi B got mad. So let's discuss. Let's go to breakfast club Court. Who's the victim, Let's talk about it. Eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five to one. Let's here, let's hear some of the audio right fast.
Speaker 4: Yep says.
Speaker 1: We'll take your calls when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club in morning.
Speaker 6: The breakfast club.
Speaker 3: And everybody is dj En V Charlamagne to god. We are the breakfast club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about Cardi B. Now, yesterday we were talking about Cardi B's incident while she was in Vegas. We've seen a woman throw a drink on Cardi and then Cardy threw the mic back at her, and everybody called yesterday and the majority of people that said that Cardi B was not wrong for throwing the mic back at her.
Speaker 1: But now there's more details. Now there's more footage where people are saying that Cardi B asked to be splash. Let's hear that audio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're saying, let's past.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one five one. So does that change things?
Speaker 6: Does that change things?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, to a certain extent, But we still don't know when that was. Like if I if I told you to do something to me at one point.
Speaker 1: Earlier show that is ten songs later, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know when.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know when that exactly was. Like people, this is the Internet we're talking about.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying for the Internet will say Cardy asked to be splashed, and then cut right to the woman throwing the drink at her, right, So I don't I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that necessarily changed this thing.
Speaker 2: And I think Cardy got enough common sense and wherewithal to know, Hey, I did tell this group of people to do that, and that's fine.
Speaker 1: I ain't tell you to do that, right, you know, shoot the rough water at her? Now, you know, maybe that's maybe that's why she reacted the way she did.
Speaker 3: Well, the girl did apologize when she threw the water, and she's seen Cardy's face get mad. You see the girl apologize like sorry, like sorry, that wasn't my intention. So you know, I don't I don't know what hit her with the mic? No she missed, no, no, she missed.
Speaker 4: Well, how is she trying to see? Trying to get a report like she's trying to get on a stout charge.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's.
Speaker 1: The girl that got hit with the mic is oppressing charges or Cardy b for hitting her with the mic.
Speaker 6: Oh she's gonna get a check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the girl who got hit with the microphone gets you free money. Right, but we said that yesterday. Whenever you make a choice like that, I mean, don't get me wrong. Party is still a human being. She's gonna react like a human wouldn't react. But you once you make that choice, there is consequences that come with that choice. So you hit the wrong person with the microphone, even if you hit the right person with the microphone. You know they're gonna suit you know, they was gonna press charges. They're gonna get some bread out of you.
Speaker 1: Right, So, so who's wrong in this? Who's wrong in this? In this situation?
Speaker 2: I don't, I really truly, honestly, I don't know, you know what I mean, because you know, if you do encourage people to throw water on you, that's the exactly what people are going to do.
Speaker 1: And they not unless you tell them to stop that that person, they still gonna do it. We're all drunk. Yeah, we twisted, and I think Vegas is one hundred and ten degrees.
Speaker 2: And that woman who threw that wall, that cardig, that big, the one that we saw, she was just over over excited.
Speaker 4: And I'm so glad that I didn't have that Internet on me back then when we were hitting that stage like that, because say, man, I would be banged well because I jumped off the stage so many times some piece stuff dude. Really oh yeah, I mean just running in mouth, you know, just you can hear him from the stage. No, no, I used to jump off the stage. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you can hear them sometimes. Yeah, you can hear him, like really, the few times that that I a few times I jumped off the stage. It wasn't even somebody saying something about me. It was somebody staying something by Brad Meal said something disrespectful, all bout the ghetto boys or rap a lot. You know, I just jumped off to stage, ding ding fries and shake get back on stage.
Speaker 1: Finished, she said, well, let's go to the fold line, ding King.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 9: Vers first?
Speaker 1: Good morning? What's your name?
Speaker 8: This is fine?
Speaker 6: Hey Lauren, good morning.
Speaker 1: Talk to us.
Speaker 7: So Cardi b was wrong.
Speaker 15: You know, she asked people to throw water.
Speaker 12: Everyone was throwing water, So I guess the girl who through the water.
Speaker 15: Didn't do her time, so she got upset, thinking it was something personal when it wasn't. The girl said I'm sorry because she she said, you asked for water. I was just trying to accommodate.
Speaker 2: That is true that I said, I can't do these mental gymnastics with this internet man, because the Internet had me thinking one thing about this situation yesterday, and then more video comes out and now you're thinking something else.
Speaker 3: I still feel like I don't know the whole story or if Cardid said the water at me at that specific point.
Speaker 1: Now let's say that was water that the girl through. Let's see the girl through to killer.
Speaker 6: Now you're just.
Speaker 4: Now you're drinking water.
Speaker 1: But now you're just making up drinking water, just making up stuff. But I'm asking you haven't seen people drink water out Now we're just making up stuff drinking water.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just won't even like having these conversations about stuff like this because this is what we do as a people. Like now you're just making up hypothetical Well, hello.
Speaker 13: Hello complexing guy in the morning. Hey, good morning, God. Shout out to Willy D. Man my my ex girlfriend used to call me Willi D as my nickname.
Speaker 4: Man my man. Appreciate you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but I want to talk about the whole Cardi B situation.
Speaker 1: And she was telling people to throw water at her. She can't get mad at somebody threw come back, come back watching her, you know what, I man, Because that's why I think she really got mad. I mean, that's the reality, the reality of the situation.
Speaker 2: If Cardi B told people to throw water at her and somebody threw water at her, she really does not.
Speaker 6: Have a reason to be mad. Yeah, that's just the reality situation.
Speaker 13: Bath yeah, man, it is, says Beth.
Speaker 7: He did Hi.
Speaker 17: Hi, Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 15: Yeah, what's okay?
Speaker 16: So, no, I don't think she's guilty at all. She was in the middle of something, something serious, like she's performing, and.
Speaker 5: I had a similar story.
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have a bow that yellow.
Speaker 7: High from Toronto?
Speaker 18: Hello?
Speaker 15: Everyone, why you have so?
Speaker 6: Goofy man?
Speaker 1: Relax? Down's what's up? What's up?
Speaker 4: Relax?
Speaker 1: Take a deep breakfast, Come on, take a deep breath.
Speaker 11: Come on.
Speaker 16: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 7: I used to work from the kitchen and the chef threw water at me one time, and I don't want to be at work. I remember it was like a late shift. So I'm so shocked and mad that he did that. I threw a knife at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, totally two different incidents. You didn't did You didn't ask for somebody at the water on you correct?
Speaker 1: No, no, not at all, And you weren't.
Speaker 6: Performing before you were a word woman.
Speaker 1: He actually assaulted you, to be honest, that's a assult.
Speaker 4: What was the resources.
Speaker 7: Shocking?
Speaker 14: So I don't think she was wrong growing whatever whoever threw water at her.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is two totally different scenarios totally different circumstances.
Speaker 6: Did you get fired?
Speaker 11: No, I did not.
Speaker 16: Actually he was very scared of me. After that, he was very respectful, like people are very scared of me, which I really like.
Speaker 4: The knife hit his mark? Did the knife hit his mark?
Speaker 7: Did you like a buttery knife?
Speaker 17: Honestly, it was.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with You're gonna be to start somebody's true crime series in the future.
Speaker 6: I can already see it happening.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. If you're just joining us, we're talking about Cardi B. Yesterday we spoke about Cardi B's incident. Today there is more uh more information that came out, and we'll talk about this in a moment when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about Cardi B. Yesterday, we reported that Cardi B was performing out in Vegas. By the way, our special guest host Willy dis here too. She was performing out in Vegas and while she was performing, somebody threw a drink at her and she threw the mic back at them.
Speaker 1: She didn't hit the young girl. She actually hit somebody else allegedly, but that's not what we're talking about. Some more details came out, some more footage where Cardi b asked fans to throw water on them because she said it was so hot. So we're asking, does that change your mind frame the way you're thinking what you thought yesterday?
Speaker 6: By the way, does it change my mind frame?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 1: A little bit?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of bit, actually, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because if Cardy was telling people to throw water on her, like your fans are going to get over excited, they're going to be over zealous and they're not gonna know when to quit, and some of them will go overboard.
Speaker 1: And clearly this young lady went overboard.
Speaker 2: But that's why you shouldn't encourage fans to do nothing except for watching the show, put their hands in their waving like they're just doing care.
Speaker 3: But it is difference between water and liquor. Let's just say the girl threw liquor like theody puts licking in that.
Speaker 1: We don't know if she threw liquor or not. That'sgend.
Speaker 4: How was she know that fast? If that was liquor?
Speaker 6: Oh you know what hit you in the face.
Speaker 1: No, you do.
Speaker 4: React well, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Ain't see all that now and be adding a lot of sauce to it.
Speaker 1: First she said, now you're saying this liquid you say, hit her in the face, in the hair, I ain't see all that. Well, let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 7: This day?
Speaker 1: Hey? Jay? Good morning?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 7: Jay?
Speaker 16: Right to people start wrong at whatsoever?
Speaker 1: So even even even if she was encouraging people to throw water on her.
Speaker 16: Yes, because at the end of the audio clip, you heard her, she says, just not my face. She gave her boundary.
Speaker 6: Oh she did say that.
Speaker 16: Okay, yeah, the girls threw the water way after that, but you started performing. And he's the way that somebody said they bound They set the boundary for whatever reason. It is what the reason might be, because waiting one in my face, that's gonna criok on me. And I'm so something.
Speaker 2: This is why I can't even have conversations about this though, because I don't be seeing all this stuff. I told your hearing everything that the persons, I'm not paying attention to all the details, new videos popping out, new audio popping out, whatever, man, you know, everybody did what they felt like they had to do.
Speaker 1: I guess, hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 15: What's good? What up?
Speaker 13: Boys?
Speaker 1: What brought brother?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 1: Chilling?
Speaker 15: First off, Hardy b is guilty. Breakfast club court already be is guilty. She's wrong, she knew she in Las Vegas, right, and you at a club is water gonna be thrown everywhere, especially at the little rooftop parties and all that. And then you you go how you're gonna go from a few minutes staying dot some wine on my ass, and then you get mad and somebody throws some pot on and you want ready for it, You're gonna throw a fight.
Speaker 12: That's why.
Speaker 13: That's all.
Speaker 15: But yeah, she's found she had a live for that, and uh, I think old girls should get your money.
Speaker 2: Sis, she's definitely gonna suite whoever got here with that microphone. Definitely gonna suit you.
Speaker 1: Never got food?
Speaker 9: What we do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they never corrected, you know, but they soon as you were putting hands on them here, damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But you know, I personally believe that if you start a fighting, get your ass, well, you don't get nothing. You shouldn't get anything. I mean, that should be very clear, and you know, thankfully we have some people who are in law enforcement and who are in the courts who understands that. You know, they're like, yo, no, this looks like this looks like some well somebody you would talking. You know, it's important to have people that's working in law enforcement and working in the courts who could who understand that this looks like somebody who's trying to get quick to pay that and get them on up out of here, and that would discourage a lot of that from happening. Because most of these people that do stuff like that, man, they ain't got two pennies to rub together. They have no scruples whatsoever. They have nothing going for themselves, and they see you and they're they're jealous. They they want to come up. You got the money they feel like they should have, and they want it and they'll try you. So it's important. It's really important to have people around you man to service buffers so these type of people can't get to you. And if they do, then you let those people do what they do and you keep it moving because for me, you know, I will fight a lossuit like a murder case, you know, like I ain't giving nothing. You ain't getting none of my money. I work for this. I ain't giving you Jack. I'll fight that. I'll fight a lossuit like a murder case.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 4: And I ain't giving them nothing. I mean nothing. You ain't getting nothing out of me, I mean zero, nothing. And when when you when they understand that. Okay's leave him alone. Let's go try to fight the easier they claim them. Ain't that dude? You know you messing with my money. You messing with Cane and Blake money.
Speaker 6: That's right, dress right, yeah.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: What's the more of the story.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's the moral of the story. The jury said Cardy not guilty, so Cardy not guilty.
Speaker 4: Would be yeah, more on the stories.
Speaker 6: Be careful with Jack, Be careful with me, Be careful with me. All right.
Speaker 1: Now, when we come back, we got your room or report. We got to report some sad news.
Speaker 3: Euphorious Star Angus Cloud passed away yesterday.
Speaker 1: Will give you all the information. So don't move. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 9: Come on.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing wrong with what I just said. I made a statement. I just somebody smell like dog. What's the problem with that? Good morning, everybody? You are the Breakfast You'll think you should tell me.
Speaker 1: Then we had this conversation, why don't you find out who it is? Three brothers walking through me. One of y'all smell like dog. Well they all each other at.
Speaker 6: One of them young boys need to do something because I know something crazy.
Speaker 1: Just what is wrong with you?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: We got our guest co host, Willie d here, and we got to remind you. Tomorrow is living Black.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 3: Annual love letter, they say to black culture as we celebrate fifty anniversary of hip hop. It hosted by our very own Just Hilarious.
Speaker 2: Dropping a bomb for Just Hilarious, it says, it actually says, hosted by the Black Effects.
Speaker 6: On Just Hilarious.
Speaker 1: You're not just gonna take us.
Speaker 6: That's my sister man.
Speaker 1: That's our very own jes celerat im.
Speaker 6: For just hilarry. That's our system.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 6: That is all right.
Speaker 3: Performances by Usher, Mguil, Miguel Glorilla, Coco Jones, and more special appearances by Ll Cool, j Low Lebro Chloe, Roddy Rich, The Breakfast Club of Being the Building, and a host of others. You can hear it on All iHeart Radio. Hip Hop and R and B stations tomorrow at seven p m.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Big Boy, nihlis Lamone. Yeah, they're gonna be there, that's right.
Speaker 3: So you can check it out on extreams on iHeartRadio, YouTube and Facebook channels.
Speaker 6: Okay, best, let's want try to try it again? Try again, go Willie?
Speaker 2: Will you take for all the fiftieth anniversary celebrations of hip hop even feeling it?
Speaker 1: It's whack okay, wice whack wow, because a lot of it is overlooking many of the contributors.
Speaker 4: And you know, while some people may say, well, at least they're showing some love. At least we're getting hip hop is getting something attention. Ah man, it should be done right, or it should be done at all.
Speaker 3: But you know what I do, like, Willie, A lot of artists that weren't necessarily on tour or weren't necessarily getting booked like that or getting booked like never before, and they're getting money that they haven't seen in years.
Speaker 1: And I do love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good for those artists in their fans, But what about the other artists and their fans. I mean, that's a number of artists. I mean, I ain't got to go through the list man, you know, but there's a number of artists out there who who has contributed greatly to hip hop? Who who is not in that in that mix and who is not in that that discussion and all you got to do if you really are real hip hop fans, y'all know who those artists are. They ain't got a name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you can even celebrate fifty years of hip hop in a year, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Are in a matter of months now it's the year. But the reason I said I and if you are gonna do it, I think everybody should do their own thing, like like like the East Coast should have one specific to them, West Coast should have one specific to them, the South have one specific to them. Like it all should be curated by people from those enter and shows consoles.
Speaker 3: I just like the fact that these artists are getting booked though, Like you look at some of these artists that you know, I'm always on the road. So the fact that I'm seeing these artists performing, Like I just seen a video of rock Him and he's performing in front of twenty thousand people. I've seen the video the other day of Slick Rick special ed Grandmaster flash. I've seen so many different from those eras to run to Salt and Pepper to you know whoever. But I haven't seen a lot of these artists on the road before like that, but I'm seeing them a lot now and I just love to see those those brothers getting that bread.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: Check this out. To Charlemagne's point, that's why we should have these celebrations in different regions. Each regions is celebrating their own because all those artists you just name are East Coast artists.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's where I'm from, exactly, And that's the exact exactly.
Speaker 4: And people and people that are in powerful positions like you who who who rail off those reel off those type of names and stuff. It's projected to the wider audience, and they say what Charlemagne said, so it is to them, those are the only people that matter because you said that. And when the Grammys host, when Grammy's host a fifty year anniversary salute or whatever they call it, and they decide who they're going to put on the stage, and that means that to the greater audience, this is who's relevant. This is who really made it happen. These are the people who really count, and so those other people are dismissed and that's not right. That's cool. If your your your favorite guy is on the stage, that's great. But what about the other guys who made great contributions who did not get the call? That ain't right, man, that's not right. And it's easy for a fan who saw their audience or who saw their artists their favorite guy get on stage and do his thing, that's easy for them to say, oh man, stop complaining. You know, hey, man, at least I got to saw this, see this, I got to see that. But you ain't put in thirty years. You ain't put in thirty five forty years of hip hop contributions. You ain't been in the studio writing the music, doing the tours, getting kicked off of tools, fighting with your with your label mats, and fighting for more money from the from the label, fighting for respect for the culture. You ain't push pulled up on the DJ's and say, yo, man, you know you know what got.
Speaker 14: This this song?
Speaker 4: You told me you was gonna play.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 4: You know like you ain't still outside passing our ce ds. You ain't did none of that. So it's easy for you to just jump in the comments section or the dumb it section and just run your mouth that that's not cool man, Like, it's not cool. It's not cool at all, and and and it's not for me. It's not just about me. I know a lot of people who deserved to have gotten that call, man, and they didn't get it.
Speaker 6: But I'm just asking the report intro.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking what artist.
Speaker 12: You got.
Speaker 1: It's somebody telling and it.
Speaker 6: Depends on what you're talking about. Specifically you're talking about the Grammy.
Speaker 3: We're just talking to hip hop hip hop artist. Because I'm seeing more old school.
Speaker 2: Artists on the road, which to the point, all you did was name thes courts artists. You know, many artists contributed to hip hop from the West coast, from the south right.
Speaker 3: But I'm on the coast artist that I see stupid ques these like who people are on the roads.
Speaker 12: People.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that before this year, these artists were on the road at all.
Speaker 6: I don't even know if that's true.
Speaker 1: They weren't. They weren't that none of these tours were selling out like that.
Speaker 3: There's more and more toys, some of them, yes, some of the same old toys, seemed like going around and around and around. But now I'm seeing artists outside of that scene that that usual realm performing more.
Speaker 4: But the exception of Cool I think you mentioned Cool Herk, But with the exception of Cool, grand Masters Flash, with the exception of grand Master Flash, all of those artists you slick Rick, and they're always They're always working, they're always getting money. So you know, they may be playing bigger crowds, but they've always played big crowds. They're probably playing bigger crowds more frequently now, but they've always played big crowds.
Speaker 3: They're like, I'm looking now at the shop Boys, Trailville Past, Detroit.
Speaker 1: Crime Mob, Young Joe, young bloods.
Speaker 3: They got to show they like I'm saying, I'm seeing, but I'm seeing more and more of those.
Speaker 1: Those shows happen scene.
Speaker 6: Before the Grammy.
Speaker 2: They invite people that you write about the Grammy's Grammy one, but a lot of a lot of people not going to invite a lot of the people that you just named, like the shop Boys and all of those.
Speaker 1: But you're seeing more of it on the road.
Speaker 2: That's saying it takes a show in Atlanta to curate a show for Atlanta to recognize those guys that have contributed.
Speaker 3: But honestly, before the fiftieth anniversary, you wouldn't have seen the show like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think they would have did it.
Speaker 4: That's what shows like that. That show, though, that tour you just mentioned is not related to the Grammys at all.
Speaker 3: I wasn't talking Grammys, and I've never Grammy's. Don't do none for us anyway. I'm not talking Grammys like the credit for.
Speaker 2: That show that was Grammy fiftieth by the way, that was actually one of the I loved the podcast that you know Willie did and and Face got a podcast on the Black Effect Network called Ghetto Boys Reloaded. The last episode y'all did together was actually you addressed in Face as to why he didn't, uh, he shouldn't have done the Grammys without you. Yes, and I thoroughly enjoyed that conversation. Yeah, have y'all gotten past that?
Speaker 6: Are y'all? Y'all have y'all talk.
Speaker 3: But people that don't know Face performed at the Grammys without Willie d of course, yes, it should have been a gettle yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And being that he didn't mind playing tricks. Yeah, And and just to let everybody know. I did talk to one of the Grammys trustees and they he did tell me that, yeah. Well, in fact, we were talking about something that was totally unrelated to the Grammy and he was like, yeah, man, and by the way, about that Grammy's day. Yeah, yeah, you were right. They did call and asks for the ghetto boys.
Speaker 6: Hold on, we gotta come back and talk about this. Let's do. Let's do. Don't come back and talk about this, all right, let's talk about.
Speaker 1: This, all right?
Speaker 2: Well, donkey, the day up next, yes, four after the hour is going to a scammer named Linda Johnson. But she's a scam artist, and we also have to understand why they're called artists.
Speaker 6: They do paint a pretty picture. She didn't think this one all the way through though.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to an nexus to breakfast for good Morning.
Speaker 6: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality, Someone who is large in life and in the bedroom, then live large and now thinner with new Magnum Raw condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be a dunkey because right now you want some real.
Speaker 1: It's time for donkey as a day.
Speaker 6: So if you ever feel I need to be a doctor man, hit me with the heat.
Speaker 4: Did she please?
Speaker 6: Doesn't?
Speaker 1: I had become Donkey of the day the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Bitch it.
Speaker 1: Yes, donkey today for Tuesday.
Speaker 2: August first goes to a Lancaster County, Pennsylvania woman named Linda Johnson. Linda Johnson is a former general manager at the greatest fast food restaurant in regards the providing comfort, and that is Wendy's. Okay, Wendy's is the greatest of all time when it comes to providing comfort. I'm not here to argue with you all about none of this McDonald's, Chick fil A, all those places are cool. But when it comes to providing fantastic comfort food, nothing is better than Wendy's.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is not a commercial. I'm not being paid to say this.
Speaker 2: I just have very fond memories of Wendy's because when I used to drive my grandma in the town back in today in Monks Corner, South Carolina, that's what she used to like to do, stop at Wendy's and she wanted her fries, and she wanted them hot. Okay, and Wendy's to this day still provides me that sense of comfort. Now Linda is facing a felony charge of theft by deception. Oh, she is the number one scammer. Okay, I can't lie to y'all. I love hearing about a creative scam. There's a reason they call people scam artists, because a scam artist knows how to paint a pretty picture. They have to be creative artists in order to get you to do what it is they want you to do. And Linda has painted a pretty picture. She actually did one of the most creative scams I've seen in a long time. Would you like to know what Linda has done? Let's go to ABC News for the report.
Speaker 18: Police former general manager out of Wendy's and like Sir County, was found stealing from the store. According to an audit, Linda Johnson allegedly checked in and out as a fake employee for over a year from July twenty twenty one to April twenty twenty two. OFFICI will say that the theft amount of almost twenty thousand dollars documents from the investigation say that Johnson admitted to creating the fake employee and that the paychecks went to her cash out.
Speaker 2: Linda Johnson created a fake employee, clocked in and out as a ghost employee, and had the paychecks go to her bank account. And that's why she's getting donkey here to the day to day. Why would you have these checks go to your account. You don't have a cousin, a friend, You couldn't open up an LLC. I'm not encouraging you to do the crime at all, but if you're going to do the crime, I mean, damn, If you're going to scam, the key to scamming is not getting caught.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: The key to scamming is to not have a paper or digital trail that leads right to you. Now, let me tell you my favorite part of this story. Okay, I was reading this when other managers were questioned about the worker Okay, the ghost worker.
Speaker 6: Police said some could.
Speaker 2: Not remember working with them, while one manager reported that they met him once.
Speaker 6: Can we stop right here and play a game of guess what race it is?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: We're not playing a game against what race it is? For Linda Johnson. Okay, I don't care what race she is. I don't even know what race she is, but I want to know what race do y'all think this person was who just lied about meeting an employee who never existed.
Speaker 1: He said he met him one time. Let me repeat the story.
Speaker 2: Linda Johnson, general manager and Wendy's, created a ghost employee, an employee that never existed. She got about twenty grands into her bank account. When other managers were questioned about the fake worker, they said they could not remember working with them, while one manager just one volunteered a lie and reported that they met this person that didn't exist once.
Speaker 6: Willie d guess what race it is?
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's hard. That sounds like it could be anybody, But it could be any race.
Speaker 6: But just say it, Willie. I know it's on the tip of your tongue. I know you don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: But no, you know, I'm just gonna say white. Just because I blame everything. I'm envy.
Speaker 1: Linda Johnson created a fake worker at.
Speaker 2: Wendy's and collected twenty grand When other managers were questioned about the fake worker, they said they could not remember working with them, while one volunteerer lie and reported that they met this person that didn't exist once.
Speaker 6: Envy, guess what race it is?
Speaker 1: I know you want to say what Willy wanted to say, but question Willy didn't want to say it.
Speaker 6: We don't know the name of it.
Speaker 1: Oh say it Asian.
Speaker 4: It's the black man looking out for the black sister. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: See see see I.
Speaker 2: Get Why will we feel that way over when you think about all the times white people have made up mysterious black figures to pen crimes on Okay, and in light of Carlie Russell lying about seeing that baby on the side of the highway, you know, I can understand why even we would even think it was black.
Speaker 1: I don't know what race this person is, but I feel like this was one of us.
Speaker 6: Okay, because we Why do we like to lie?
Speaker 1: For no damn reason?
Speaker 2: All we tell each other we five minutes away, when we haven't even gotten in the shower yet. Fact, we pick up the phone and tell each other we're gonna call you right back, going damn well, you're not gonna call back and tell you remember a week later. Fact, we tell each other, hey man, we need to connect. Let's go do lunch and something, knowing damn well, we have no plans to do none of that. Why do you know I do this for people on purpose? I do this in conversation sometime. I just be talking, right, I just want to see how full of cock hot somebody is. Right, I'll be talking. I'd be like, you know Ricky, right, knowing damn well, Ricky don't exist, and we be quick.
Speaker 6: To be like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Ricky.
Speaker 1: I know Ricky.
Speaker 6: I was just with him last week. God damn Rooky.
Speaker 2: You know, damn well, you never met this person once, because this person doesn't exist. But for whatever reason, you just decided to tell the powers that be at Wendy's you met this person once. You putting yourself into a situation, making yourself a witness to something that Linda already admitted the police she did.
Speaker 1: She said during a video call.
Speaker 2: In April that she created the employee and had to pay check set up to go to her cash AF account. If it was me, not only would I fire Linda, I would fire this co worker who decided to lie for no damn reason.
Speaker 6: You're not welcome here.
Speaker 2: You can't be trusted because I was always taught if you lie you will steal and the fine folks that Wendy's ain't got no time for no more thieves.
Speaker 6: Please give Linda Johnson the sweet songs and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 10: Oh no, you are the dog gy of the day, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 9: Yee.
Speaker 3: We really liked to lie for no reason, for no damn reason at all. All right, well, thank you for that donkey today B E T will see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Piece BT.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody else, let's let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred and five eight five five one.
Speaker 1: I seen this.
Speaker 3: Uh, this went viral the other day. I seen Willie Dey actually posted it as well. This man was talking about his struggles of dating in La. He said he got to sit up on a date. He said he planned it all out, he had flowers, he did everything right, but his date never showed up.
Speaker 21: So I just left the restaurant after waiting thirty minutes for a day to short and apparently I got stood up. I don't know what to say, like, I'm trying to do everything right to be a gentleman.
Speaker 4: I brought flowers.
Speaker 21: I've been consistent talking with this girl for two weeks, trying to get to know what she likes, but she doesn't like. I made plans, I picked the restaurant the day of the time. I've done everything to be just the kind of guy that if I use somebody's son like I just I'm just looking for my person.
Speaker 4: I'm just looking with the one that I guess he's out there from me.
Speaker 1: Ladies, tell me what is that? Do you wrong?
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five one five one. Really, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 4: The first thing he did wrong was bringing some flowers to a woman that he ain't ever met before. Two weeks in you bringing flowers, let me tell you something, man, that is a no.
Speaker 1: No, man, No.
Speaker 4: Flowers are a sentimental gesture. It is for somebody who you feel serious sentiments about two weeks. Man, you don't know a woman like that. Two weeks now. I'm not giving you no flowers. I'm not giving you a bouquet of flowers after just talking to you on the phone for two weeks at the most, at the most, one flower might be cool.
Speaker 6: Lets one flower just one.
Speaker 4: Single gets but one single rose look nice, one single roll. That's a nice gesture.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Let's let's talk about it. Hold on, let's talk about it. What would you bring on the first date? Willie me, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna bring me and I'm gonna bring me and a good conversation, because that's what's really, that's really, what's what's it about the first date. We're trying to learn each other.
Speaker 3: Let's right, let's talk about it when we come back. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Willie d is our guest host. Do you agree with Willie D are flowers and gifts on the first date too much?
Speaker 1: That is the question.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Let's discuss when we come back. It's the breakfast club, Goo Morning, the breakfast club juding everybody as dej nv Charlamagne the gud We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Nowhew just joining us. We're talking about this guy I've been trending on social media.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: He was trending because he went on a date and it didn't go as planned. He was damned there crying. Let's see what he said.
Speaker 21: So I just left the restaurant after wait he thirty minutes for a day to shore and apparently I got stood up Hi, Tonya, what to say.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to do everything right to be a gentleman. I brought flowers.
Speaker 21: I've been consistent talking with this girl for two weeks, trying.
Speaker 4: To get to know what she likes.
Speaker 21: But she doesn't like I made plans, I put the restaurant the day of the time. I've done everything to be just the kind of guy then.
Speaker 6: Like I just I'm just looking for my first sea.
Speaker 4: I'm just looking for the one that I guess something from me.
Speaker 3: Ladies, all right, and we're asking eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one, what's your thoughts now? Willie D doesn't feel like this guy should have brought flowers at all. He thought that was the first red flag.
Speaker 4: First red flag, second red flag is all that damn crime.
Speaker 1: Sit.
Speaker 4: Look, man, don't know women want a dude like that leading them. I know it's a lot of women who was in the comments or the dumb meant section making these suggestions that we should show this guy some sympathy. Poor guy. That's bad. Those same women would not date that guy under any circumstances. Bringing bringing flowers to a woman on the first date is a red flag. She probably saw him that's why she didn't show up. She probably saw him from a distance. I had one of her friends who work at the restaurant, you know, put him on on FaceTime or something and be like that show show, let me see what this dude like?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: Oh girl? And she probably called one of her friends cause it's crazy. He got some goddamn flowers, A whole bouquet of flowers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flowers? Is that bad?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 6: I think it depends on what kind of flowers.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: It's a first date, so I do agree with Williams. A first date, you know what I mean? So that might be moving kind of fast, but I don't think it's a bad gesture. But I just wouldn't bring a dozen roses. Maybe maybe some tulips, some lilies, some.
Speaker 3: Sun something, just you know, because you know it's it's something nice. I think the starts the date off in the positive direction. You come pick up or she come here, you go, mady as a bouquet of flowers.
Speaker 6: It can't be roses.
Speaker 1: Roses is very sentimental romance, especially depending on what color.
Speaker 4: Man, This ain't no prom date, bro, it's saying prom This is just a regular old date.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been talking to this chick for a couple of weeks. I'm trying to get to know it. It is very important that you're not spook a woman that you first meet. Yeah, you know, after they dated for a while and they really know each other and she understands him, he understands her.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: He can buy roses anytime. It's great, but you gotta be very careful because women can easily get spooked.
Speaker 1: You think flowers is I don't think.
Speaker 4: Can spook a woman because.
Speaker 1: They roses will I think a little basket of.
Speaker 4: Sun flowers isn't roses? Flowers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but roses, there's different colors mean romantic, Like red means romance, that means love. I thought, yeah, red means love and romance. I forgot what white and all that means. But I was like some tulips, some lily.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if roses cool, it's diamond stood, it rains cool?
Speaker 6: Flowers crazy?
Speaker 1: You can get flowers for ten dollars fifteen dollars at Walmart.
Speaker 4: Hell now, I'm gonna change the situation right now.
Speaker 3: Listen, whether you got a door right yeah, and the gentleman comes to pick up your daughter, you don't want them to come with some flowers.
Speaker 4: Nah, I want them to come with the rad attitude. It's more important. So we're trying to learn each other, So it's more important that that that you know you you learn each other and watch each other manner hysms, and and and and get familiar with one another. That's the most important thing. I think, you know, like, it ain't even where you where you take them. It's not about fancy restaurants and and and and gifts and all that kind of stuff. It's about the human connection. That's what it's about. It's not about all that other stuff. And this is where we get confused.
Speaker 6: That he don't think the flowers help to open up the human connection. No, damn lot of people.
Speaker 4: Let me let me tell you something. You have to really think when you're doing this, when you're dealing with a woman, you have to like get out of your feelings. You got to get out of your emotions and think to yourself, if I do this, how can she? How how might she interpret it? And you got to take out the as much wigger room for interpretation as possible.
Speaker 1: She might say, Damn, nobody ever gave me tulips before. All right, this is special. This is nice something that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody ever gave me toolips before.
Speaker 1: This dude is a cornball, Tanya, Tanya, what's up to talk to us with flowers on the first day? Tanya? What you think?
Speaker 7: Hey, guy, listen, Yes, flowers on the first day. I mean, it's fine. It's not like it's a big bill. He did everything right. It's just the only thing that I felt that he did wrong is he's whining about it. A woman does not want to hear a man whine.
Speaker 6: I think I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the flowers, I don't see nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 13: This wrong.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 12: Just brow from the Bronx.
Speaker 1: From the Bronx. What you bring on that first day?
Speaker 2: Baking, egg and cheese and cheese, bacon, egg and cheese, a box of blackwood, a box cut I want.
Speaker 15: To ask you that question with the flowers, I think what he did is wrong about that.
Speaker 12: I think you can give a girl flowers anytime you feel like that's how you feel about it one day school.
Speaker 13: It doesn't bout it. And if you're ladies man, you're gonna do that anyway.
Speaker 1: And that's why the Bodega cell flowers right and the flowers is cheap at the bodega.
Speaker 6: Stop hanging up on people.
Speaker 1: Who's this morning?
Speaker 8: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Hear you?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts, Susie? What you think about flowers on the first day, Susie?
Speaker 16: I think that that was a good gest like.
Speaker 1: Three you sol. You know we're romantic. We were romantic from the mask.
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, but I.
Speaker 2: Think like that was my thing for him to do.
Speaker 7: Was to bring the flowers. That was her loss.
Speaker 1: I agree, See, we were romantic in the low country. You know what I'm saying, Willie just made all the flooris in Texas lose money this morning.
Speaker 4: Say I. I'm I'm a romantic guy too, but I believe that romance have to be earned. I'm not just giving them any chick romance. Like, yeah, we're gonna have a conversation first, let me see if you are deserving, just like a woman shouldn't give any man romance. I think all that's levels to it, and and and if and if it don't work out, whatever's left is better than whatever left.
Speaker 11: Rod.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts, Rod?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I will will you did?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 13: First off?
Speaker 12: First off, you gotta set up the date, the something that you want to be doing yourself. If somebody don't show up, you can still to you number two never Shunty's pretty much better nowadays as far as women appreciate it like that, they gotta you gotta make a work to earn that. You know, you gotta you gotta get out there here and use your mouthpiece at first she would say about something, and then after that and you can escalate to getting get us and get flowers.
Speaker 2: I don't think we should, uh let let women dictate how we move as romantics, meaning that if I'm the type of president that like to bring a woman flowers, I'm gonna just bring the woman flowers.
Speaker 1: Now she messed that up, then we don't go. No, you won't go no further than.
Speaker 6: The flowers in this date.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you see how it ended for him crying on the internet. See See, So we could say all this stuff that we want to, but but if we look at that, we've looked at these situations in general, this this is you usually the result. You know, there is a such thing as a guy being too kind too fast. Too kind too fast is a red flag.
Speaker 2: And I think this is the thing that what that lady said about the wining is important because I feel like he had a sense of entitlement, you know what I mean, even though he did get stood up, like what if something happened, Like your mind don't even go to maybe something happened.
Speaker 1: It seems like he's been stead up numerous times.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. A lot of times these guys. I heard some people saying that, well, you see, this is what happens when you do guys stuff, do stuff like this, the guys they end up being mass murderer, serial killers, and rapists and all this kind of stuff because people pick on them, bully them. Let me tell you something, man, if being rejected is going to make you that you a chump, you a sucker? Anyway, Look man, that great There have been greater men than us who have been rejected and picked themselves up, dust themselves off, and kept it moving. You get rejected, man, you keep it moving. And if you aw that what you think you are, then it's her loss anyway.
Speaker 3: But we'll take some more calls eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one. But really I will say that's that's today's society, and that's part of the problem, right, because before you know, you get rejected. What your pops or your family tall you do, you go back out there and try and get suck it up. Same thing if you get into a bully. Let's say you got a problem with a bully, what did your pops do? You go fight that bully. If you lose, you go.
Speaker 1: Fight him again. You go fight him again. All you learn if he's making fun of you, you learn how to make fun of him back.
Speaker 3: It was never to the point where you gotta go cry because your family wasn't gonna allow it.
Speaker 1: Now, I feel like a lot of times we put gloves hand.
Speaker 3: We hear massides these kids with gloves where they feel like it's the end of the world when they get talked about it, feel like it's the end of the world. When they get dissed on a date.
Speaker 2: The only thing I don't agree with is that whole bully thing. I always thought that was a lie. Somebody beat your ass good one time, you ain't going back and put you to pack.
Speaker 4: Well, Well, the thing about it is that if you fight a bully, typically, if you fight a bully and you fight back, you usually don't have to deal with that, because bullies don't like resistance. Bullies like easy targets. They like soft targets. And this is why it's important when somebody bullies you. It's important to stand up for yourself the first time, because if you don't, you're teaching them that it's okay to bully.
Speaker 2: You don't think that man stood up for himself on the internet by whining like that, no, stop playing with me.
Speaker 4: No, I think he laid down for himself and he did himself a huge disservice. And no woman, no woman that's really a buy something would want to pro create with a dude like that. What is he gonna teach his boy to cry harder? Look, Dad, your crwd was weak. Look at my cry? Dad? You know what I'm saying. All that No man, get on up out of here. The woman. They stop all that crime man stop all that day, and not just him, all you other dudes, you news casts. I've been seeing news. I've been wanting to say this for a long time, you news casters out here. All this damn crime stop all that I'm talking about specifically black men, stop all that damn crime man. You know, like it's a time and a place for everything. I'm not one of those dudes who subscribe to the concept that men should not cry. I'm not that dude. But there's a time and place for everything, and we have to learn to control our emotions. If that's two things that a man must control in order to operate at his optimum, it is his emotions and his penis. We got to learn to control that. If you can do that, man, you can rule.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and five eighty five one or five.
Speaker 3: One will take some more calls as to Breakfast logan Morning, the Breakfast Club, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ NV, Charlamagne, the gud. We are the breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about this video that went viral about this man that we're on a date.
Speaker 1: It was his first date.
Speaker 3: Brought flowers, he got steed up, he was crying. Well, he d said, well, he shouldn't have brought flowers. Flowers is too early. You don't understand why. So we're taking your calls eight hundred five eighty five.
Speaker 1: One oh five. One of course, will he did is our guess co host This Morning Me, Shit, Good Morning.
Speaker 9: Me.
Speaker 1: Shit, Good morning, Good morning. What's your thoughts, Misha.
Speaker 7: I don't feel like he was wrong for bringing her flowers?
Speaker 1: It was nothing wrong with that, or you don't see nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 7: No, flowers are not extensive and it's a good gesture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think as long as they not roses, I think it's cool.
Speaker 4: What if he would have brought her bought her a pair of red bottoms.
Speaker 1: That's a little too far.
Speaker 4: That's wow.
Speaker 3: I means like flowers seven to ten dollars, bottoms of.
Speaker 4: A committed body. Be like, hey, yeah, but what woman ain't gonna accept those red bottoms?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I wouldn't do that. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's doing too much. Because if I'm a woman, I'm looking at do you do this all the time? You just randomly give people red bottom flowers?
Speaker 4: Is a little randomly just give people flowers.
Speaker 2: I was different though, because you can just give them a person just because you want to light up their life.
Speaker 4: Flowers are a sentimental gesture. Being sentimental to a woman should be earned. It should be something earned. If you give her to give it to her too fast, she's not going to appreciate it.
Speaker 6: The same thing with you don't pay for the meal. Give it to it too fast, women, and we're not going to you don't pay for the meal.
Speaker 4: Eive if I pay for the meal, that's easy. You know what I'm saying. I would, I would do that. I mean, I mean, I'm I'm I'm old school in the sense that that that that I do believe that men pay for everything. Women are hih paragramum. You know what I'm saying, Like, I believe in that. Mad You know, I'm cool with that. I have no problem with that.
Speaker 1: It was going on, good morning morning, Matt. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 15: Brother?
Speaker 13: Hey, So first of all, everybody flowers. I'm not being flowers on the first day. And first of all, I'm not thinking face.
Speaker 15: And then if we're gonna go to a coffee or something that it's a talk and get to go.
Speaker 13: Each other in the pumps faith if you're safe, and that's it. Before I got made, every day that I had, we went to Noble because you kind.
Speaker 6: Of you and if you want a coffee I got, I like, I'm gonna be honest with you. I think that's more.
Speaker 3: I think going to Bonds and Nobles is very intimate. But you but you know what the guy also said he was talking to her for the last two weeks. I guess on the phone.
Speaker 1: I guess he was. He gave the initial conversations.
Speaker 3: He said he was feeling around to see what she liked, but she didn't like, so he was already doing the initial conversations.
Speaker 1: I hope some of y'all keeping notes, because I you know, even though Willie Deed disagrees, I think bringing a woman flowers on the first day is cool.
Speaker 6: But also that Bond and Nobles thing is dope. Meeting a woman at Bonds and.
Speaker 2: Nobles and y'all just having a conversation that Bond and Noble y'a can talk about what.
Speaker 1: Kind of books y'all like and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: That's that's cool, and.
Speaker 1: It's very cost effective. But what's the mall of the story?
Speaker 6: Oh, the mall of the story?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: I really want y'all to listen to me, because you know, everybody's looking for somebody. I understand that, So please listen to me. Please, are y'all listening? Okay, just because you haven't found the right person doesn't mean you will now mistake.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's get right to the room or report.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Hasta or you gossip been when you chatty?
Speaker 6: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we on the breakfast cloth. This is where the tea spells right right now. Euphouria star Angus Cloud uh was found dead yesterday at the age of twenty five.
Speaker 20: TMZ is reporting that Angus Cloud, the actor made famous on the HBO show Euphoria, has died. The actor's family confirmed the news, saying Cloud buried his father last week and struggled with the loss, but did not say anything about how he died. The actor has been open about his own battle with mental health. As a rising star in Hollywood, he will be best remembered for his breakout role as Fesco on Euphoria. Angus was twenty five years old.
Speaker 1: So young. That's horrible, man, God bless that brother. I think they said he buried his father last week. Yeah, last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and from what I read, he was overcome with grief. And you know, he's talked about his mental health issues before. So man, let's just you know, keep encouraging people to invest in their mental wealth and seek the healing they need and just be there for people when you can.
Speaker 6: If everybody out there dealing with something. Man, don't you don't have to hold it it. Find somebody, yeah.
Speaker 1: To talk to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna say this man. You know, mental health is something that we all deal with. Some people have been diagnosed clinically with mental health, but we all have thoughts of depression. We all have setbacks and let downs, and at the end of the day, it's how you process it which gets you through it. And understanding that life really ain't supposed to be easy. Life is supposed to be trying. It's supposed to be challenges. And I wake up every day knowing that. I don't look forward to it, but I wake up every day knowing that. So when something happens to me traumatically in my life, if I get let down by somebody that I care about, I know how to get through it because I understand that it's a process. Whatever that process is, I know, I just got to go through the steps and then it'll be just like objects in a review mirror. Everyone noticed how when you're driving and you're looking at riview mirror, if something's right behind you, if that if that object remains still, the further you drive away from it, the smaller it gets. That's the way problems in life are. You keep on going forward and eventually you don't see that that that thing behind you at all. That's the way life is. And so far, all of us, no matter what we've gone through that through in life, we're batting one thousand in baseball. One thousand is a perfect batting average. So that means that every single time you face the problem, you got on base. You know, you got on base some kind of way, whether it was a walk, a single, a double or triple, a home run, you got on base, you got hit by the ball, you got on base. So far, every single one of us have gotten through every single thing that we've ever expend that we thought we might not be able to get through.
Speaker 6: What you're saying, you just got to stay in the game.
Speaker 4: You gotta stand in the game, and you gotta keep waking up and you gotta learn that it's a process. If you have a breakup, if you're in a relationship and you break up with somebody and you truly love that person, you just gotta know that keep on going forward and things are going to things are going to get better.
Speaker 1: And if people in resources to help you, you know, stay in the game and if people in resources to help you get through that process, you you got to leave yourself open to seek those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it's very important to understand the process. The process and a breakup is typically first of all hate. I mean you know, uh, well, it's it's rejection. It's sometimes it's hate, sometimes it's it's uh it's depression. You know, it's sadness. Sometimes you cry, but you get through understand when it's these things are happen and in to you that that's part of the process. It doesn't mean that that that you know something.
Speaker 6: Is wrong with you.
Speaker 4: You're human. So these are things that happened to all of us. But just keep on waking up and you know things are gonna get better. So once you understand that, man, you can pretty much deal with anything that's right.
Speaker 3: But we also got to send a rest in peace to uh actor pee Wee Herman about to say Paul Rubins, but play you know, of course play Pee Wee's theme song.
Speaker 6: I have no idea what that was.
Speaker 1: What is that I'm talking about? Murmur and we don't have the pep Herman theme song.
Speaker 6: That's not the Pee we Herman themes on or what they did it.
Speaker 4: Over during idiot.
Speaker 1: I know you are version Peter Herman that they did over.
Speaker 2: Please, that's not the theme song though, that's the song that we we we know that's not necessarily because they get a dance to it and everything. So Ruben died Sunday night after a six year struggle with cancer that he kept private.
Speaker 1: His published in the statement.
Speaker 3: Please accept my apology for not going public with what I've been facing for the last six years.
Speaker 1: I really been said in the statement released Monday with an announcement of his death.
Speaker 6: That's Joskie Love who's soched by the way, you know, it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: My eight year old, my seven year old's about to be eight, seven year old and four year old they watched p We Herman stuff.
Speaker 6: They was watching it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were watching Herman stuff this weekend. It's on HBO Max. I believe pep Herman comes on.
Speaker 6: Is HBO Max?
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but it's on one of those screaming services. And they watched Peep herm Yeah. Of course the dance was famous and the kids were doing a dance back then. So movies, movies and shows are on the screaming platform.
Speaker 3: And Lastly, Benzino was talking about the Source magazine and talked about how much money that they were making at one time, and Benzino said he was making more than Whole and Diddy at one time.
Speaker 6: How much did you make with Source?
Speaker 9: And I peaked he was making a couple of million dollars a month cash.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 9: At one point I had more money than Jay did he?
Speaker 4: Everybody in New York.
Speaker 1: You ever have issues like rappers and stuff trying to press you.
Speaker 9: So Jay and Dane was complaining about a cover situation and they came up to the Source on from Rob Robers. I had strapped up in different rooms. They didn't know that, right, So they up there started getting loud, you know, because we just wanted him to think that Dave was up there with just one person. And you know, sure enough, it starts getting loud. They start coming out the rooms right and you know they had to get about it. There's at least seven guns up in the Source office at that moment.
Speaker 6: So Jay Z and Damon Dadd tried to press up on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you think it could have got ugly though.
Speaker 9: I mean, immediately, if someone's pressing upon me, that's it it's you know, I mean, like you know, it's war like the Heavens wo fall. You're trying to press up on me, like like you're trying to bully me, you trying to take something from me. I'm the taker, you know what I'm saying, Like I grew up taking he takes.
Speaker 1: That's from the Wei and Miami podcast. So that was Benzino talking about back in the Sour Stage.
Speaker 6: Your thoughts Wally do.
Speaker 9: On what that?
Speaker 4: Yah? I mean I don't really have any thoughts on it. Yeah, you know, yeah, I don't really have any thoughts on.
Speaker 1: It, all right, And we got to congratulate body telling any story.
Speaker 4: I do wish that.
Speaker 2: I do wish that sometimes people like Benzino would do like a book or a documentary. I mean, because those conversations are great to hear on the podcast, but those are stories that need to be documented. Like we talk about, you know, the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop and you know people you know, doing their own celebrations and documenting their own things. I want to see people start documenting their own but you.
Speaker 6: Know, sometimes to give more context to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but sometimes in those those situations, like somebody like Benzi or even Willie's been through so much you might not remember to somebody ask you a question, you remember the time you got hit at a concert?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I remember that time somebody.
Speaker 3: Threw a shoe at me and then I went in the crowd and beat them up, and then it starts bringing back those memories.
Speaker 6: You should write a book.
Speaker 1: That's what you know. That's why you said all the time I do.
Speaker 2: Some type of documentary. I want to see everybody tell their their own story, their way. Yeah, that's what I want.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is your room or report. We got the People's Choice mix coming up. And then also when we come back, we got to talk about our very own Angie Martinez some something that dope that's happening with us.
Speaker 6: So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Our Audible pick of the.
Speaker 2: Day is Breakthrough, the first ever audio only singing competition featuring celebrity judges Kelly Rowland and Sarah Burellis with host The V Diggs. Listen on audible dot com slash Breakthrough Owning Everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ NV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We got our guest co host, Willie de still with us, and we got to congratulate Angie Martinez. She's gonna be inducted into the twenty twenty three New York State Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame is happening October twenty sixth of this year. So congratulations to Angie MA for being a trailblazer and of course inspiring us all.
Speaker 1: So dropping the fool bumps for Angie Martinez. Man, Angie Martinez is.
Speaker 2: Plane is landing with the wheels out, and it's very important because a lot of people are from certain generations their planes and landing and the wheels are not coming out.
Speaker 6: They are crashing, crashed already.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Angie Martinez is a testament to doing things the right way, correct, doing things with integrity. And you see in your later years you will get celebrated and rewarded for moving just like that.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: Salute to Angie Martinez.
Speaker 6: Absolutely and she.
Speaker 2: Getting heart of what star on the Hollywood Star. Yeah, man, she deserves it all. Come on, man, salute all right. When we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning everybody, It's DJ NV Charlamage the Guide. We are the Breakfast Club. How you feeling, Willy D? You all right getting up early in the morning?
Speaker 11: You right?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I can't call it. I might spoil it.
Speaker 1: If y'all want to argue with Willie D. Man, will you give me your Instagrams and twitters and YouTube and all that.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Willie D Live across all platforms.
Speaker 1: Willie D Live and make sure you check out the Ghetto Boys Reloaded podcast on the Black effect Ie Heart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 2: Willi dB on They're having some great conversations. That's right, and I always want to tell people too.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 2: August twelveth, from twelve to three pm, I'm doing my annual back to school driving fish fry in good old Monks Corner, South Carolina at Berkeley High School from twelve to three pm. Man, you know where Berkeley High School is at if you in the Mount Corner area, fall six West Main Street, Monst Corner, South Carolina, it'll be in the student park a lot. We'll have local vendors on site, like I said, the fish fries, so it'll be free food, free backpacks and school supplies, free headcuts, and please wash your children's head before you bring them to get their haircut. But from twelve to three pm August twelfth, my annual back to school book bag Driving fish Fries happening in Mont Corner, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, we gotta remind you guys.
Speaker 3: Of course, Living Black is back tomorrow, hosted by our very old Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 6: Our good sister Jess Hilarious, and his performance is.
Speaker 3: By Usher Miguel Glilla, Coco Jones and more appearances by l Lola Brook, Chloe Already Rich, and of course the Breakfast Club Chanla Man.
Speaker 4: We talked about health a little bit earlier, our mental health, but you know, I'm also part on a be Well telemed. It's an organization well uh healthcare uh uh business that help people in underserved communities get access to healthcare.
Speaker 1: Dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so we we special we specialize and underserved communities, helping underserved communities, but we also help everybody. And you know, one of one of the biggest things that, uh that that we're doing right now is we just started uh a new whole new line of products for mail and ashment.
Speaker 1: Okay, mental health man.
Speaker 4: You know yeah, look look I always I've all you know, it's a it's a it's a personal thing with men when it comes to you know, performance and stuff. And so I was like resistant, resistant to doing stuff like that because you know, I you know, it's a pride thing. You know, I ain't nothing wrong with me. I'm good. I'm good, and I have been good for a very long time. But you know, you can always you know, do some things, you know, to get that in. I like to have an advantage over any co's.
Speaker 6: What to call the performance enhancement. You want to enhance your performance? Anytthing wrong with that? Yeah, ain't gonna bring you no flowers exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, so so so if y'all, if y'all, yeah, you know, we we do. We do to test the oone shots. So go to peak Enhancement dot com. That's p e a k. The letter n Enhancement dot com and uh yeah we do the uh testosterone shots. And you know, at first, I used to think testosterone shots were just a buy just you know, you know, sexual you know, endurance and all that kind of stuff. But it really helps with muscle mass. And it also yeah it also helps, yeah, yeah, it helps, it helps. It helps with muscle mass. You know, energy and all those types of things. So there's a lot of benefits to it. But yeah, uh, y'all may want to look into that if y'all have it, and yeah you don't, you don't have to be impotent to do you know, do that?
Speaker 11: You know you like it?
Speaker 4: Really it's impatent, yeah, I said, yeah, yeah, impatent, but you don't. You but you don't have to be that. You know what I'm saying you. It's it's really to give you a better edge.
Speaker 6: What's the website again?
Speaker 4: Peak P E A K the letter N and the enhancement Okay, h A N C E M E N T he enhancement dot com.
Speaker 2: I'll leave us on a positive note. Charlamagne the positive noticed this man. Since we're talking about healing, always be alert. Be alert enough to catch the shade, but healed enough to go on about your business.
Speaker 1: Have a blessed day, Breakfast club bitches
Speaker 6: You don't finish or y'all done.