Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne the god. Guess what piece of the planet?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: What day it is?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: What day it is?
Speaker 1: You want to jump right in the home day. I did no piece of the plan enough of this morning.
Speaker 4: I forgot all about it. Man, This Wednesday morning is early, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning. What's happening? What's going on? But we got our guest co hosts back. Willie D. He's back joining us this morning. Dropped a bomb from Willow D.
Speaker 2: Came in here.
Speaker 5: Yesterday's stirring up all that trouble, pissed all the ladies off. Ladies want flowers, will want ladies want flowers, Willie D and I have to make amends. The ladies said they want flowers on their first day.
Speaker 1: Will though, how you feeling I'm feeling good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel like a veteran that in my second one.
Speaker 1: Just feel like a vet So getting up early, it's not a problem for you.
Speaker 4: Now, that's a problem he's at that.
Speaker 1: That's a problem as far as media old Willie.
Speaker 5: You you you You've been in the media thing for a while now, I mean with the podcast and the YouTube.
Speaker 4: Channel, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Before that, I did I did a talk show on ninety seven the boxing.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, okay, yeah, I know I've been doing it for a while.
Speaker 5: See okay, Well he ain't new to this, No, not at all, not even a little bit. Did y'all charge your crystals last night?
Speaker 1: It was a full moon.
Speaker 4: No, you ain't charging of crystals in the full moon last night. I don't participate in stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Moon was so beautiful last night, it just went. It was still up when we came in the building.
Speaker 1: Sitting it this morning. This morning, I actually went, uh, you know, I went fishing last night with my son. We ain't catch not no, but we went fishing last night. The hell y'all went fishing a h There's a lake, uh, pretty close to where we live. And a neighbor, actually one of my neighbors actually live on a lake. So we went over there and we were fishing and we ain't catch nothing. Though we were just dead. We ain't catch nothing. It was it might not even been no fishing that lake. I'm not a fishing. Man, I'm not from New York. We don't we don't do those type of things. I just tried.
Speaker 4: Did anybody can't do it? Did anybody catch that?
Speaker 1: Billion? Do a lot of I don't catch that.
Speaker 4: You call that? Okay?
Speaker 6: But going back to the fishing though, Man, I got a story. The first time me and my son went fishing. We were out there at this little lake for about maybe five hours, and man, we had to catch up to day very first time fishing.
Speaker 5: Right, we called a turtle a turtle turtle. Yeah, that's y'all. Many turtles.
Speaker 6: Who No, we threw it back I started, you know, back in the day. I would have kept it as a pet. But yeah, we let it go.
Speaker 4: I had a pet turtle back in the day. Same thing.
Speaker 1: Do you eat it?
Speaker 5: No, we called it caught it out in the wilderness and line and my dad maybe put it back in where I got it from. Yeah, yeah, I supposed to keep a turtle, especially a turtle you catch in the wild. There is one thing when you buy one from the store. You feed the turtle food, but.
Speaker 4: They don't eat much.
Speaker 1: So yeah, idea what they're talking about. We do dogs and cats a dog, dogs and cats. There's really no need to have a pet turtle.
Speaker 5: Honestly, when you really think about it, Like, what's the point of having a pet turtle? Let that Let that turtle go. Man free that turtle, free that turtle. I think any type of pit that you have ship earned their key. That's why I don't do little dogs. Little dogs serve no purpose to me.
Speaker 1: Sounds like my pops. My pops say, my pops, like everybody who lives in this house needs a job. It's a little dog. That little dog ain't doing nothing. Get a big ass dog is gonna be. My dad's are the same.
Speaker 5: I think little dogs are for comfort people keep there like emotional support dogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, my daughter just got her one emotional support. Yeah, that's what that is. And yeah, at first I thought to myself, where did I go wrong?
Speaker 6: You do nothing wrong with My daughter loves that dog, man, I mean absolutely loves that emotional support.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get the show crack and Charles D. King will be joining us this morning. Man, he's the CEO of Macro Studios. Now, if you don't know what Macro is, uh, they do a bunch of different things, but they fund a lot of black, big black Hollywood business like fences, they funded, they funded. Uh, they cloned Tyrone, cloned Tyrone and the host of others. He's a brother. He started out, He went to Howard Law, he started working from the mailroom, worked his way up, and we're gonna talk to him about all that. I love to see brothers winning like that, so we'll talk to him a little bit. And then we got front page. It was next with teslam figure, let's go alling everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news. Our guess co host Willie D is here and Teslin figure out. Good morning, Good morning, dj MV.
Speaker 7: Good morning to the big homie Willie D. Good morning, Willie.
Speaker 1: You can't hear you. We turned off so you can hear. He said, good on, she said, good morning morning. Okay, now let's go on, Charlemaine, let's get right into it. Donald Trump, let's go on.
Speaker 7: Yes, I didn't think I was the first one to admit that. I never thought this particular day would come. But former President Donald Trump was indeded on four felony accounts that accuse him of working to overturn the results of the twenty twenty presidential election in the run up to the violent riot by his supporters at the US Capital. Let's listen to US Attorney General General Garland how he explains what happens. And let's also listen to Trump's response. Take a listen.
Speaker 8: So immediately after the January sixth attack on our democracy, career men and women of the Justice Department engaged in what has become the largest investigation in our history. In November last I appointed Jack Smith a special Council to take on the ongoing investigation in order to underline the Department's commitment to accountability and independence. Mister Smith and his team of experienced principal career agents and prosecutors have followed the facts and the law wherever they lead. Any questions about this matter will have to be answered like the filings made in the corner.
Speaker 9: Former President's campaign swiftly responding to the indictment, saying they consider it an attempt by the Biden administration to interfere with the upcoming twenty twenty four election. The state calling the four felony charges quote fake.
Speaker 10: Hey man, Donald Trump, Oh glad, Ted, I just wanted to just give you those those charges right quick, Conspiracy to the FRIU of the United States, conspiracy to a struct and official proceeding, obstruction of an attempt to obstruct an official proceeding, and conspiracy against rights.
Speaker 1: So for felony charges.
Speaker 5: Hey man, Donald Trump got more criminal charges than Nick Cannon got kids. And Nick Cannon couldn't catch Trump if he tried seventy eight criminal charges. Okay, Nick Cannon is never gonna have that many kids. And look, nobody is above the law. You are innocent until proven guilty in this country with the consequences to your actions. That We've been watching Trump operate with impunity for a long time, and it seems like it's all caught up.
Speaker 6: Yes, seventy eight charges, but it should be around one hundred and fifty six minimum because he is a criminal.
Speaker 4: He's an international criminal, and he.
Speaker 6: Should have been locked up a long time ago, him and his constituents.
Speaker 4: That's right, I said it. Well, it's happening now.
Speaker 1: It's not easy.
Speaker 5: Clearly we've never seen this before, a president, you know, being indicted, Like there's a president having all these criminal charges.
Speaker 4: So this is something new.
Speaker 5: So I'm sure something new would take a little bit longer, but this is it's definitely happening now.
Speaker 1: But he can still run for president, right, that's what they're saying. He's still leading in the polls right now, and it's not closed. So we have these conversations and yes, he's being indicted, but he still could run for president, and there's no problem with him running and he still can be the president, right, absolutely absolutely, and he can drop his own charges, right, he could wipe his own charges away. I don't know about that.
Speaker 7: I'd probably be yet another charge if Pole would to do that. Let's just take step by step. But like Charlottage said, yes, he's absolutely still running and the polls. I don't know if this is more about Biden and more about Trump or this country, but they are still neck and neck in the general election. I did want to do just a quick for folks who may not be following all of the charges that you mentioned, just quickly. There's still one pending investigation, the Georgia election interference, and then the three indictments that have happened is now the January sixth insurrection, the classified documents, and the hush money. And you know again, I was one of the ones that was skeptical to see if this January sixth indictment whatever happened, and so it did.
Speaker 5: Here we are, I do say, though, we definitely need more, you know, qualifications and stipulations than run for president, because that's the problem I have. Man, think about any other business or any other industry, if you was facing all of this, if you had all of these criminal charges, you'd be suspended, you'd be fired.
Speaker 4: People wouldn't want to do business with you, they separately.
Speaker 7: I mean, you can't even get an apartment, right, you can't even get an apartment in some cities, you know, with a feeling a place to list over your head, and that alone run for president United States.
Speaker 5: And we know we haven't been convicted yet, but even still, even still even being innocent until proven guilty, so many industries would separate themselves from you if you was facing all of these charges.
Speaker 1: Yet he can still run for presidents, right A God damn, we don't have.
Speaker 5: We gotta have some better stipulations and qualifications for running a president, man, and.
Speaker 7: Be president, not just run, but actually be president of the United States.
Speaker 1: Don't want to the.
Speaker 6: Last part about it is that this dude has been committing crimes from day one, like he is a an international criminal. And I can't wait for the day that we make accountability great again. I can't wait for that day.
Speaker 4: You feel like it's happening. Now we're gonna see.
Speaker 6: Though, now it's not happening, because let's face it, man, this country is ran by a bunch of corrupt people. That's the bottom line, all the way at the top, both sides, they are corrupt, they are dirty, and we need to have term.
Speaker 4: Limits these people.
Speaker 6: It's people that are that are in office holding office that's telling us how to live our life, that's in control of our lives. And they're way dumber than us. And we sit back and we're letting it happen. These people should be all locked up, they should all be.
Speaker 4: Put in jail.
Speaker 1: Indeed, what accountability is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 5: I mean the guy and the guy got seventy eight criminal charge, let me charge it four indictments to start.
Speaker 6: Let's get to the convictions, man, and let's get to the jail time they got it, because I don't see them putting And just like most people, we most of us don't believe he'll ever do any time in prison.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 6: And that's it, and that speaks volume about this. I never thought this would happen. I never thought you would get just seventy eight criminal charges. I never thought you would get indicted. So you know the president too.
Speaker 1: We thank you. We'll see in a couple of minutes. Let's get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines and wide open, let's have a discussion again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call us up right now.
Speaker 11: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Hello, who's this this CJ?
Speaker 13: What up?
Speaker 1: Getting off your chest?
Speaker 2: Alright, well you know the town a city James on the mic, talk to us.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: What I want to comment to get about? You know politics with Donald Trump? You know, and the thing about to think about politics that they always think the U because they was every last or those Donald Trump, he ain't.
Speaker 14: A politician, but you know what what's coming on the club.
Speaker 5: He don't care about none of that, right, Really, they're not a person alive on this planet who don't care about seventy eight criminal charges in three indictments.
Speaker 6: But why do people keep saying Donald Trump is not a politician. The moment that he decided to run for office.
Speaker 4: He became a politician. Definitely a politician. He is a politician.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Boy?
Speaker 1: J was going on? What I mean, going up? Getting off your chest?
Speaker 3: Brother, every man?
Speaker 14: Good morning, Charla made good Morning's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 14: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Said? Good morning?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 2: We're real talk though, right, I'm not actually for Trump beating these charges.
Speaker 14: I'm not sure trumping.
Speaker 5: Let the president get cause when you looked at it, not honestly get when you looked at it, who do we got?
Speaker 2: We got Biden ninety four, cracked beilt. He's been running through all of that, I mean Trump and raising Trump been doing on and uh breaking all these laws.
Speaker 15: But you know what's putting money in the black community's pocket?
Speaker 5: Well it can't to me.
Speaker 2: Checked, we was listening.
Speaker 4: We was this through COVID and listen.
Speaker 2: So I mean who we tru I'd rather chose the Doug over troll.
Speaker 5: You can have all the money in your pocket all you want, but you don't want to. What's the point of having money in a fashion society?
Speaker 1: Sir, I told you you don't.
Speaker 5: You know, he don't want He don't he the father forgive them, for they know not what they do.
Speaker 4: He what he said, what he said just now.
Speaker 6: It's no different from what white folks said during slavery and even in post slavery.
Speaker 4: It's like it balls down to money.
Speaker 6: You know, if it helps me out and I'm making money for it, you know, hey, man, it doesn't matter if it's a crime, it doesn't matter if if it's in tomorrow, you know, I'm gonna do it. And that's the problem with people in America, and that's the problem with living in a capitalistic side.
Speaker 1: That's right, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit this up now. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 11: The Breakfast Club's ad.
Speaker 1: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 11: Wait up, whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something Call up now.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eighty five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? This is Jay what's up, brother?
Speaker 1: Get off your chest?
Speaker 2: All that old g Willard. I'm a five of umiz. I'm glad that you got somebody on that ain't old nold punches.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 15: King?
Speaker 2: You tell everybody at the time it ain't just the left, it's the right and the left and the fire right our left, that's the rub. And then you.
Speaker 9: Know what, I think.
Speaker 2: I think that once that go and do so bad that they let bro self into the other people's guard, other than taking time out and looking for people to be defended, like, oh, what's his name? Nelson used to be a college professor. There's nobody should positive out him, don't I advertise for you.
Speaker 1: He's coming on Breakfast Club soon, I think in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 6: Carnelle Weis is a great human being. The problem with with our country is that we don't vote for the person who's best for the job. We vote for the person we think and when right.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: This is he Anicia. Come on and get it off your chest, mama.
Speaker 2: Hey, I was just suck.
Speaker 16: I was just hearing you guys talk about Trump and everything. I think those chargers that he has pending. I think he will walk from the I think the politicians and everything just need to read Hall readjusting like he was saying, they are all for up.
Speaker 17: I feel so.
Speaker 4: They all they all corrupt.
Speaker 5: But he's not walking from seventy eight criminal charges in three indictments that they they crossed a lot of t's and.
Speaker 1: Dotted a lot of eyes to uh, you.
Speaker 4: Know, bring charges against a former president. But what's the punishment going. I don't know what the points are gonna be.
Speaker 6: I'm focused on the punishment. But lock this suckers up, man, I mean, put.
Speaker 4: This under the jail house, throw away the keys, man, throw away the keys.
Speaker 6: In fact, put him under the jail house man, and put concrete on top of the jail house. Let's make sure that sucker never come out. Man.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't see how he walks from these. He got to go, hello, who's this.
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 2: NV man?
Speaker 13: Mister willow D.
Speaker 2: Just chilling man.
Speaker 13: Listen, mister willi D. It's an honor just to be here. Ain't give presidence to hear you.
Speaker 4: Thank you all right, listen.
Speaker 13: Let me tell you something A lot of people say against the reps. Started with a lot of ugly reppers. I used to put up that sauber Sassin y'all did way back in the eighty y'all my favers man.
Speaker 4: We got no boys.
Speaker 13: Yes, all right, listen, but here gon thing with Trump. If y'all look at it, they're playing chess, not checkers. They put the Santas to the place. I mean, Trump go where you gotta go, just to put the Santis for where they want to go where they got to play this strategically, they just put a kick to it.
Speaker 5: I don't think Republicans want to stay diseaser, brother. I mean, one thing we know about Republicans, they're gonna fall in line regardless. But when you look at these poll numbers, it don't seem like they want the sant disease. I'm looking at something right now. It says if the election for the Republican presidential nominee were hell today is in the New York Times, by the way, which candidate would you most likely vote for? Donald Trump fifty four percent? The Santis has seventeen percent. I don't think they want run like y'all think they want run.
Speaker 1: Well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one if you need the event, you can hit us up when we come back. We got your room or report. We got to discuss Lizzo. She's in the rumors. Uh, some of her dances are saying that she fat shamed them. But we'll talk about it.
Speaker 5: We have to acknowledge that is a hilarious headline and we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the breakfast slogan Morning.
Speaker 1: The breakfast club.
Speaker 4: That's that yours down and we got to show to do.
Speaker 1: Get my headphones?
Speaker 4: Oh you didn't have them?
Speaker 1: Okay, wanting everybody's DJ n V Charlamagne to god. We are the breakfast club. We got our guest co host, Willy d with us, and let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Lizzo names or you gossip when chatting.
Speaker 3: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 18: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 1: Spells right right now. Yesterday, three of Lizzo's former backup dancers accuse the singer of sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment. Now that three defendants are about.
Speaker 5: The way shaming, you missed out that dot, don't leave out the way I'm gonna get to That's that's the funniest part of the head I'm gonna get to it. We have to admit that's a hilarious headline before we discuss. We have to admit seeing that Lizzo possibly wait, shame somebody is hilarious. Like those are the type of headlines that comedy shows are built around.
Speaker 1: Well, let's discuss. So three of the defendants Lizzo, Lizzo's production company, and Shirlen, which is the dance captain. Now, in three of the lawsuits, they say that three of Lizzo's backup dances alleged that at a club in Amsterdam, she pressured them to take turns touching a nude performance breast, even after the dancer said no, invited dances to catch dildo's launched from the performers vaginas and eat bananas protruding from the performers vagina.
Speaker 5: Now, if that story is true, do you really think it would be something as healthy as a banana in a script club like no wings, no fries, Like you really think it's gonna be something that's a good source of potassium?
Speaker 1: As one of the security staff members to strip on stage, the dances also alleged that Lizzo subjected them to an excruciating twelve hour audition rehearsal after accusing them of drinking before performances. Lizzo allegedly planned to fire and send them home, and if their performance wasn't good enough. Allegedly, dancers didn't use the bathroom out of fear of losing their job. One dancer, Kristal Williams, argued to Lizo that they weren't drinking on the job, and response Lizo allegedly mocked her and then fired her. Five days later, another dancer, Arianna Davis, recorded a rehearsal due to health concerns from an eye condition, and response, Lizzo allegedly called out her weight game but rated her and fired her. Davis was then forced to stay in a room while a security staff member searched the phone to make sure the footage was deleted. She is now suing a Lizo's production company. As for false imprisonment, well, what is the false imprisonment? I don't understand that part, and they said it made her stay in the hotel room where they deleted the oh oh oh okay now. The dancers also alleged that they experienced racists and fat phobic discrimination at the hands of the company's tour members. When asking for downtown compensation at a rate of fifty percent of a weekly pay, they were told that they were disrespectful for being an only offered twenty five percent by the accountant, and as they stay, only the dance cast comprise the full figured women of color or even spoken on to this manner. Additionally, Lizzo's former performers claimed that their dance captain, necess Shirlene, was sexually inappropriate. According to the plaintiffs, Shirlene described sexual fantasies, simulated oral sex, commented on the sex lives of other dances. Allegedly the dancers. Lawyer ron Zebrano said in a statement, this stunning nature of how Lizzo and her management team treated their performance scene to go against everything Lizzo stands for publicly while privately she awaits, shames her dances, and demeans them in ways that are only illegal but absolutely demoralizing.
Speaker 5: When I first heard that, I thought the story was gonna be about her shaming skinny women, but she allegedly was shaming the big girls. Yes, the majority of this seems to be about her management. Though, right, it feels like it from what you disrat.
Speaker 1: A little bit of everything. But you know, it's like anything else with any other lawsuit. There's two sides to each story and then anybody can claim whatever they want when it come to a lawsuit, and then it's up to Lizzo to try to you know, have to fight it in court.
Speaker 5: And you don't understand that if you've never been to Like, I don't know what's true and what's not true, and I'm not about to speculate, but I do know people sue, and just because people sue doesn't mean it's true.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't mean it is either. That's right.
Speaker 6: That's why they have a call. And there's a lot been said here though. Man, there's a lot, a lot, a lot has been said and it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out because oftentimes, you know, people will accuse you of something and there's you know, one or two things they say you did.
Speaker 4: This is a whole plethora of things.
Speaker 1: We are but you got to prove it. Yeah, that's that's the whole thing. And with a lawsuit, especially when you get an attorney, attorney's job is to try to put as many things, especially in the press, as possible to make people look bad. In this case, Lizzo hasn't said anything, and Lizzo probably her attorney will probably tell her say nothing because wait for the court case. But like you said, all this stuff has to be proved, you know it can can that stuff be proved in the court of law. That's that's what we have to wait for.
Speaker 5: I'm interested to see how the people who do business with Little will react, because you know, they usually like to react and pull things, you know, just based off you know, allegations. But you know, little Little checks off a lot of boxes.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: She's a woman, she's a black woman, a big woman, you know what I mean. And she's always been an advocate for for for marginal.
Speaker 1: A lot of people, you know.
Speaker 5: So I'm interested to see how a lot of these corporations reactcause I would think that they wouldn't have a knee jerk reaction and just start pulling stuff. I would think somebody like Lizle would get the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: I don't think absolutely.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They don't give men the benefit of They definitely don't.
Speaker 1: They definitely don't. If that oh, man.
Speaker 5: Come on, if she was if she was a man black, she'd be out of here. Three three, three different women saying things like that, Oh, she'd be out of here already. They wouldn't give her. They wouldn't give that human no grace. That's why I said, I'm interested to see how they react.
Speaker 1: With because Lizzen is somebody that the world loved. They still love her, Yeah, well love, I mean, I don't people they love Libos lize. I want to see how this plays out. But like I said, this is a lawsuit, and like a lawsuit, you know, it's you know, you got to see in the court of law. All right, And that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we got front page News tesling figure out will be joining us and also next hour Charles D. King will be joining us. He is the CEO of Macro Studios, that is the company that finances a lot of black films, directs a lot of black films, and make sure they put a lot of black films to the forefront. Some of the films are offences.
Speaker 5: Sorry to bother you, tyrone Judas in The Black Messiah. They clone Tyrone Yes a lot of different things, raising Dion on the Netflix out of the TV show.
Speaker 1: That's right, so we'll talk to him a little bit. So don't move.
Speaker 11: It's the Breakfast Club. Come morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality, someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, then live large and now thinner with new Magnum raw condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold. DJ and Charlamagne the gud we are to Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news cousins. Figure Roa was back with up tears.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, what's up? DJ, Envy the big Homy Willie did Charlemagne.
Speaker 4: The guy he's through the hood whisper.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about the lawyer's Malcolm X's family. What's going on in a situation?
Speaker 7: Yea, all know if a lot of people I have heard about the family of Malcolm X sue in the government. But lawyers for the family of Malcolm X have unveiled new witness testimony that they say corroborates their claim that US authorities were involved in his assassination.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 17: Tuesday's press conference introduced Mustapha Hassan. Hassan says he was part of Malcolm X's security detail the night of the assassination February twenty first, nineteen sixty five, at the Audubon Ballroom in Upper Manhattan. Reading from his signed affidavit.
Speaker 12: I saw a man running down the aisle towards the exit where I had been posted, with a gun in his hand. I would later see the same man outside as he was being beaten by Malcolm's followers, while a group of policemen who suddenly showed up on the scene asking is he with us, while at the same time holding back Malcolm's followers.
Speaker 3: From beating him.
Speaker 17: He says, despite what he witnessed, he was never approached to give a statement or appear in court. He and Crump's legal team believe the shooter was one of several informants at the Audobon Ballroom to carry out the assassination.
Speaker 7: Mister Hassan said he is certain no doubt in his mind that Hagen was working on behalf of the NYPD or another government agency.
Speaker 4: So what does that mean for the family, Like, what are they gonna be able to sue.
Speaker 7: Or absolutely that they are actually suing the FBI, CIA, and New York Police Department for one hundred million, alleging that the law enforcement agency played a part in Malcolm X's execution. In nineteen sixty five, the daughter of Malcolm X said, for years, our family has fought for the truth to come to like concerning his murder. The lawsuit also claims that officials withheld evidence in the original prosecution of the three man convicted of convicted of killing Malcolm X in an effort to conceal their.
Speaker 1: Roles in his death.
Speaker 7: And I'll just leave this with the quote that we know Malcolm X said that said the media is most powerful. The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and make the guilty innocence.
Speaker 1: Ben Crump was handling that case too, Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Ben Crump. Well, Ben Crump, don't be playing. I saw Ben Crump do that, and I saw the Henrytta their Lacks family. They settled their suit against Biotech, like they reached the settlement in that case because of the sales that were harvested without her consent.
Speaker 7: These are a lot of the cases that they don't talk a lot about, you know, Charlemagne. You know, they like to focus on police brutality, but it actually does more cases like this than anything at all. And again, who has sued the FBI, the CIA, Let me say that again for the people in the back, the CIA and the New York Police Department on behalf of Malcolm X. And yes, his family would be the one, you know, receiving those benefits. But it's more than just it's not just about money. It's putting on the record that one of our leaders were assassinated by the government.
Speaker 1: And just the FYI.
Speaker 7: In twenty twenty one, they overturned the Supreme Court New York Supreme Court overturned two of the men's convictions because they said that they withheld evidence. So this is what makes this case stronger because when you got allowed folks out because you know, they were allegedly innocent. Now they're saying, hey, you said that they didn't kill Malcolm X, so who did? And now they're you know, trying to go after the government on the civil side.
Speaker 6: That's the biggest point is it's putting the government on blast because everybody knows that the US government played a role in Malcolm X's assassination. Everybody knows that. So it's cool that they putting them on blast, but we all know they're not going to see a penny of that money because if they pay that lawsuit out, they're gonna have to pay the rest of them out, because this government is responsible for killing a lot of our leaders, black and white and others.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, onred percent.
Speaker 5: I mean, on my late night talk show, The God's on His Truth, I did a whole second episode about the FBI, and I was asking why Jagger, who was named still on the building when this man was responsible for so many of all black leaders, you know, being assassinated.
Speaker 6: He was the ring leader, He was a hard documentary, He was a harbor human being. His name should not be on any kind of buildings. His name should not be on street signs, airports, none of that stuff, because he don't deserve that. You know, they absolutely need to be held accountable, but they won't be held accountable. It's like somebody suing me and I'm I have to write the check. You're gonna sue me, You're coming to me to sue me, and you're pleading your case to me. Hey, Willie, you messed over, man, I want to sue you. Will you take on my lawsuit?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Come on here, let me hear what you got to say. All right, you suing me for one hundred dollars dollars? Okay, cool? All right, yeah man, I've decided that get to get out of here. You know, that's what's going to happen. Like you going to the government to ask the government for relief for your pain.
Speaker 7: Right, you feel that, but it's still it's still important. You know that that it like you said, will it that it goes on the record. You know, somebody gott to sue something, somebody got to put it on the record. And so since nineteen sixty five, you know, I don't see nobody else has no leaders, no attorneys, no congress people, no Senate. You know, like, let's put this on the record, whether they pay or not. I mean, as you know, lawsuits are not always about getting paid or you know the result, but it's really putting it on the record.
Speaker 1: So I do hear you.
Speaker 7: I feel you, but I don't want to loss over the fact that somebody had the goal to put the FBI on blast. I think that's a critically important.
Speaker 6: I agree, I absolutely agree with you because because it takes a lot of courage, as we know, I mean, you can easily you know, end up taking a dirt nap shaking.
Speaker 4: Up the government, you know. I agree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So that takes a lot of courage. Of salute to being krompt and everybody involved.
Speaker 5: Sluthor Ben Benna duncro with Bill work this week is not only is that on the record that Henrietta lacks chases on the record, and I know that family getting a settlement from Biotech gets as on that they're gonna get some money they deserve.
Speaker 1: The latter is front page News. Thank you, test. Can I give a quick shout out quickly of course?
Speaker 7: Okay, just since Willy D is here, I want to give a shout out to Willy D for helping me put together an organize an event in Houston, Texas today with a conversation with Michael, who you know is our brother aka Killer Mike. So Willy, yeah, Willy D helped me put together organize an event with brother Derek Muhammad. I'm also doing an event this week with Dallas in Dallas with the DC and basically what we're doing is you know, going to the barbershops and we're sitting down and we're talking about the record, and to me, this is what really symbolizes fifty years in hip hop, to talk about how hip hop has influenced politics and social justice. And as you guys know, because you've all heard the record, Killer Mike's new album, Michael is a statement of this generation. And so we're gonna sit through and go to the lyrics and chop it up and you know, really talk about what that album means. So thank you so much to my brother Willie D.
Speaker 6: Absolutely Tis, you're doing some great work and Killing Mike. Salute, salute, salute. It's beautiful to see somebody like Killing Mike represent the culture because he is the culture. He's the definition of the.
Speaker 1: Gas all right. Now, when we come back, Charles D. King will be joining us. He's the CEO of Macro Studios. He's a brother that really started from the bottom. I mean he went to Howard Law, he started at the mailroom, worked his way up and now he's funding a lot of movies and the majority of him black movies. So we'll talk to him when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, The Breakfast Club, Brook Scarlet, Roddy Rich and so many more. All right, now you can hear it on iHeart Radio Hip Hop and R and B stations tonight at seven pm local time and also streaming on the iHeartRadio YouTube and Facebook channels. All so definitely check it out. Living Black Always Amazing. Now let's get into our guests. He goes by the name of Charles D.
Speaker 5: King.
Speaker 1: He's the CEO of Macro stud Udios. Now. Macro Studios is a studio company that finances black films, directs and helps so much of putting black films in the forefront. The brothers started from Howard Law started in the mailroom, and he's doing big things. Charles D.
Speaker 3: King, Good morning, Thanks for having me. How you feeling, man, I'm excited to be here. Now.
Speaker 1: Where are you from? Brother?
Speaker 3: I grew up in the Kada Georgia, Man, the cad George.
Speaker 1: And how did you get into funding movies and to doing things like that? Where did that come from? I don't think that's something that kid thinks about.
Speaker 4: Why a kid?
Speaker 3: You know, man, it's a long journey, man, tell us. You know I got the bug in college. My big break was here in New York City. I got an internship at summer ninety five working at MTV, and it was really from that where I just learned about all these different aspects of the industry. And someone said, you know what, You'd make a really good lawyer, but you make a great agent. I had no idea what agents did, but then I looked it up and I was like, oh, man, a lot of Hezardy Studios, guys like David Geff and Barry Dill are all these media moguls, they started out as agents. So that really kind of stuck in my head and became like my thought about my initial path. And really that's kind of what I did. When I graduated from law school, I moved out to LA I landed in the William Morris mail room, became an agent two and a half years in the mail room and starting the mail room as an attorney.
Speaker 1: Bottom you started as a mail room Yes, in the mall room. The most attorney started the mail room was the fact that you were black.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think the good thing is this is the training ground where people whether he had an MBA, law degree, film school, everyone starts at the bottom of this. And it was one of those things where it's actually prestigious to actually get into the mail rooms. So the fact that I landed in that mail room six weeks after I moved to LA at the William Morris Agency, like the oldest entertainment institution in our business, it was like a big deal. And then to get promoted in two and a half years where you know, it was really it was at a time where I was the first of many doing our thing in that space.
Speaker 5: Charles is being very humble, man, he's defineding CEO of Macro. Macro was a big, big deal other film studio.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, could you.
Speaker 5: Tell people the whole complete picture of what Macro is, what y'all do, even some of the things that y'all put out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, man. We lost the company eight and a half years ago, raised capital, brought in great partners, and we're we're operating in numerous areas. We've got three kinds. We have our content studios, our film studio, our television studio, have a representation vertical, and we also have a creative agency all within the hub of of of of Macro and some of the projects. We've had about fourteen movies that we made and had out in the marketplace. We've had fifteen OSCAR nominations. So some of our projects have included, you know, most recently, they cloned Tyrone, you know with the Jamie Fox, John Boyeg Tanna Paris, Great.
Speaker 5: Poff playing the whole Jamie cloning.
Speaker 4: That was fake.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you know that that was just that was just happened.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It was crazy circumstances with everything. But I'm so blessed. We're so happy that he's doing Better Man. But no, We've had other projects like Judas and The Black Messiah. But then also sorry to bother you with another one of our projects that we co produced in finance. Mudbown was another one that was the first movie that we actually financed and produced, Fences, and I could go on, but really love We've had television shows, you know, like Raising Dion, which is like the number one kids and family show on Netflix. So we've been involved with a lot of different things across all platforms.
Speaker 4: What makes Macro different than other films.
Speaker 3: Studios, I would say what makes us different is we're very much artist advocates, the fact that we also have raised capital and we have a team of executives that are best in class throughout the industry, and we're very focused only on making sure the people of color at the center of all of our projects, and we're also making sure that the production quality and value of our content, regardless of the genre, is at the highest levels of execution. Is the level of cinematic excellence regarding everything that we've done. So you take that through line of people of color not only domestically and globe believe artists excellence, artist advocacy being in power both financially and creatively. I think it's really one of the reasons why our company has really been blazing the trail and used as a model for many others who are coming up through the industry.
Speaker 5: What's the difference between Lincoln with Amazon and doing a multi year deal like y'all have done, are raising ninety million to broaden the media ambitions like what's what's to do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a combination. So the fact that we raised capital was to build out the team, build out an infrastructure. We have our own capital to develop project like they clone Tyrone, where we can incubate them internally, we can put them together and then we go and figure out who is the right distribution partner for that project. So that's what with Judas and the Black Messiah, that's what we did, you know. So with a project like they cloned Tyrone, we developed the project, we paid for the script, we had it ready, we had cast attack, and then we went to marketplace and then everyone was bidding on it, and this one landed at Netflix, and Netflix was, you know, wildly excited about it, and they really like rolled out as you can see from the film. They didn't cut any corners, and they provided all the tools and resource behind this young filmmaker. And so we realized that in this case that was going to be the best partner for it.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask, when it comes to picking a project or green lighting a project, what is is it? Story? Is it working with a director? Because sometimes you might not see the vision that a direct di seies because he might be a different art for him. So how do you decide what you're going to go with?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: First off, we have a culture at the company where everyone's got a voice, everyone from the youngest executive to the CEO. And I'd say first and foremost, passion envision mean everything. So we want to make sure that every project this on our slate. There's someone at the company where they feel like this project has to get made, like if this movie doesn't get made, like I've got to see this come into existence. Every one of these projects is almost like a miracle in and of themselves, and it takes a lot of hard work in the village to get behind them. So they got to have passion the filmmaker and the artist at the center of it. They have to have vision after uniqueness of perspective and point of view and the way that they're that they're telling the story and why they want to tell it. And so that's one of the key things we look for. We also look for people that are looking to do something differently, that are having a different perspective, not just making the same kind of run of the mill content with I think we've seen a lot of things that are just kind of turned around. You've seen it before, so that we want to make sure there's a freshness to us. So we have we have like six things we have on our macro rubric. We make sure that there's at least four out of those six things. But out of the heart, at the heart of it, it's passion.
Speaker 1: I was looking at y'all like black sci fi.
Speaker 5: Man, Like I want to see more black people in sci fi.
Speaker 3: I love that, hey man. You know, like I said, man, we know where where we come from, We know where the who the Egyptians, you know, and and and we also know where we're going to be in the future. And we also know how how involved we've been with technology and so many inventions through history, and so it's important for us to make sure that we're making projects like that are sci fi. We also have projects or action oriented, you know, just like the more dramatically period piece, you know, critically acclaimed projects we've been involved too, and as well, it's important for us to make sure that we're making projects across all genres.
Speaker 1: What movie got away from you that you said, you know, whether you passed on and like, damn, I shouldn't pass it or you just couldn't grab.
Speaker 3: Oh man, there is one.
Speaker 4: There's something.
Speaker 3: There's one, man, there was a big one. One of our projects was Roman Jay Israel with with with Sony, with with Denzel watching, and we did that. We were executive producers and co financiers that after we had amazing success with Denzel on Fences and you know Roman Jay Israel. You know, I didn't do as well as we'd all hope for it, Sony, but we also had a great relationship with with the studio and we were trying to find other things to do. They brought us Spider Verse and said, hey, man, the Spider Verse is dope. You know, our friends we said we would love you know, we loved it. We didn't have enough capital and so we couldn't come on as co financiers. And that's why I'm like that this still to this day, especially when the Nutt latest Spider Verse came out and it was so amazing. I remember being at the premiere our sons. It was sixteen and fourteen. You know that would have been amazing. But I'm like, obviously, man, it's it's an incredible film. So that's one that got away from us. You know, hopefully they won't be out.
Speaker 1: All right when we come back. We got more with Charles D. Kings. You don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, It's dj n V Charlamage the God we are to Breakfast Club. It's still kicking it with Charles D. King. He's the CEO of Macro studios. He's a brother that backs, directs and finances a lot of black movies out there.
Speaker 5: Charlman, what's more important the I don't want to say what's more important, but ownership or capital.
Speaker 4: You can have ownership, but if.
Speaker 5: You don't, like in your case, if you didn't, if you don't have the capital to invest in something like a spider verse.
Speaker 3: I think capital helps lead you to ownership. There are some people that are so uniquely positioned they can also leverage who they are and their skills to get ownership at times if they've got you know, depending upon the situation, they don't even when they don't have capital, you know, because they've got sweat equity and maybe they take less money up front, but then they say, but hey, y'all want to own it, and uh. And I've seen those types of deals and been involved in deals like that during my time as an agent, and we've seen that even since. So I think ownership absolutely matters the most. Having capital and access to capital helps you leverage into ownership.
Speaker 1: Do you only want to do black productions?
Speaker 3: You know, we're so many of our projects at the center of them and in our core to have been black production. But we also we lost the company. We said it was important to make sure that we were going to be making content for POC community globally and domestically. So we have been making productions that that have been involved a LATINQ community, the Aapi community. There are projects we're looking at for the indigenous community. And so like I'll take like Hint to five was our second television So there's a kind of multi generational family, you know, half hour comedy that we did as a digital series, originally partnered with America. Ferreira did it as a as a digital series and then it turned into a half hour show that did two seasons on Netflix and we're really proud of that. Or a movie like Tiger Tail that we made for Netflix that Alan Yang director and made his directorial debut. It was a beautiful story about his family kind of based on his family moving from Taiwan to the United States. There's another there's a film called Blue Bayou that we made. And also you know Justin Chong that really talked about immigration Reformed that he co stars in with a Leasha Vikandor so we're absolutely you know, the culture is going to be always going to be at the core, but we're making sure that people of color whose stories haven't been told across board are also being told, and we partner with great producers and creators to make sure we can do that as well.
Speaker 5: I wanted to ask you too, what does Macro do right now during a writers strike and a actor strike?
Speaker 19: Like?
Speaker 5: Is what is Macro doing unscripted content? Documentary?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: What do yeah we have? I'd say, first off, what I think about is when people are going through periods of chaos and there's a lot of change in upheaval, I'd look for the opportunity within that. And so when I look for the opportunity, I'm looking to provide opportunities now for our company, but unlocking and creating value for others as well. And so I'm spending a lot of time thinking about new models, new business lines as well as obviously you know, building bridges with the international community and filling our international productions. There's IP across every platform imaginable that we're thinking about, from video games to manga, comic books, graphic novels. But of course we're getting active in the spif space and the documentary space. Most recently, we were very fortunate to be one of the executive producers on Dear Mama, which the brilliant director Alan Hughes. You know, he's there, he's visionary, he's the man, and obviously they just said, you know, he was blessed with two Emmy nominations for that. We have a few other documentaries that are in production that I can't speak to Yetcause we haven't announced them. But we're very active there. We're investing quite heavily in the space. And we're also, like I said, looking at the areas that we're currently operating in how we're going to go further into them. But then what are other complimentary, complementary lines of business for us as we as we scale the company. So if anything, I'm actually busier than ever.
Speaker 5: It's got to be tough for you, though, right because you're a you know, like I said, the finding CEO of actual film studio, so you're kind of on the suit side. But then you also are for the creators as well that the actors and the writers. So who do you think is being unfair in this situation?
Speaker 3: Well, we're not in the AMPTP, which is you know, those are the streamers, the streaming platforms and the major studios. We're an independent studio, so we're not part of that organization. And like I said when you asked me earlier, what's different from Macro and other studios, we actually share an upside with the artists that we're working with. We want to make sure that we're providing value not just for ourselves but also the artists that we work with, and so so that there's where it's a win win opportunity. So of course I'm leaning on the side of being an artist advocate and wanting to make sure that the artists in our community can support themselves and live. And so I understand the financial pressures and the change of what's happening in the business models as there was a tremendous amount of investment made to build up subscriber growth on all the streaming platforms, and you know, there's a market correction that took place last year and there was you know, shareholder value that was lost. So that, yes, the large corporations are under tremendous pressure. But at the same time, when you've got showrunners of prominent television shows and actors that are extremely recognizable who have to drive uber in between projects, clearly there's got to be a balance here and and something needs something needs to change. And so I think that what we're going to see through all of this is there's obviously it's a very tough time in the industry, but change was needed and you have to go through periods of like the one we're going through right now to get on the other side of it. While you know, we're all feeling pain from it, but I do think it's going to make the industry better in the long term.
Speaker 5: I think it's too many screamers, and I think too many of these screamers are not being transparent about what they're actually doing, like numbers wise, yeah, and I think they care more about Wall Street and what those stock evaluations look like than actual profit. Well, I could tell you there's definitely a lot with around data and analytics. We've been fortunate enough with our projects with you know, Netflix in particular, they'll share share information just still verbally share you know, ten days in twenty eight days in how well how well the content is performing where it's you know, being streamed, and the numbers of hours that are that are being spent. And it's really eye opening when when we've gotten that information because these notions of certain content, you know, certain content with us doesn't travel, doesn't perform, it's not true. You know, Raising Diana was the number one Kids and Family show globally about an eight year old kid with super black kid with superpower being raised by his mom, black black woman.
Speaker 3: And so what I hope for is that there'll be more transparency going forward with sharing of data and analytics and and perhaps there's going to be some tie for independent studios who provide content for platforms and the artists that are making content that's performing well on these platforms, where there's going to be some upside for people when it when these projects do perform. Right now, what's happening is everyone's paid on the front end and uh, you know you're really bought out on the back end. And back in the day used to have syndication or you know, with box office, you had you know, the theatrical box office results to go by, and so there needs to be something that's going to shift to be able to you know, for when projects are actually hit someone they're successful.
Speaker 1: How does that work for somebody like y'all because y'all do clporals, right.
Speaker 3: So you yeah, we do copros.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so when you come in and you've already funded half of the project, do they give y'all we get.
Speaker 3: We get the statements, you get the statement. It will share alongside, but it also sits behind any of the marketing expenses and the distribution expenses as well.
Speaker 4: So you never really know.
Speaker 3: There's a certain amount of transparency. I mean, there's always people can audit, and we haven't had to do that yet. But look, each product, each project for us is different. There's some projects that were the studio to deliver the project for a platform. Some of them we make independent and it is licensed by a platform. Some were co financing with traditional studio. So it really depends on what the business model is. But the long term is it's really at the end, at the end of the day, we figure out what is the best scenario for each project, What is the best scenario for us to maintain and build long term library and asset value, but also what is the best way for this project creatively as well. We weigh all of those when we make our decisions about you know, how we're going to go about our project.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, we got more with Charles D. Kings, you don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, and everybody is DJ n V. Charlamagne the gud We are the breakfast Club. He's still kicking it with Charles D.
Speaker 3: King.
Speaker 1: He's the CEO of Macro Studios. He's a brother that backs, directs and finances a lot of black movies out there.
Speaker 5: Charleman, what is a Charles King dream project for Macro? What's that one you want?
Speaker 3: Well, first and foremost, I'm one dream project is Dayclon Tyroll being out the marketing place right now, Because be honest with you, man, we're so excited with how the culture has leaned in on this film. You know, the freshness of the story got a first time filmmaker.
Speaker 5: Watched it three times. I don't want to talk to anybody who hasn't watched it at least twice. If you haven't watched it at least twice, I don't have a conversation.
Speaker 3: Man. It's hard to pick up everything. And I've seen it. I've read every draft of the script. I was there every day through production, and I've seen every cut of the film, and I still pick up gems each time I watch it. And Joelle Taylor is a brilliant filmmaker, and I'm just really passionate and excited to see how the marketplaces responded and the people really really saw the fresh voice, but then the smart, subversive things were saying. So that's one one passion project and another thing I would say, I love movies to show us as kings and queens. I love for us to see a film where you see us as warriors, like The Woman King classic right like that was that was bad when you see more movies like that. So I'm thinking, you know, what's gonna be our Gladiator, What's gonna be our Brave Heart? And so absolutely, one thousand percent one of my patches of projects will be making a movie of that scope and magnitude on that level. And yeah, we have a few development but definitely something along those lines.
Speaker 5: What did the Clones represent? What was the metaphor for the Clones?
Speaker 3: I'd say it's got a lot for you to think about about what's happened in our communities. And we know what's historically happened to you know, Dwells from Tuskegee, Alabama. You know, so you know about the Tuskegee experiments, and there's so much that happened in history, and there's so much that continues to happen about what gets pumped into our what gets pumped into our community. You look, you walk in any community. You know what you see when you work in certain communities. And I think that there are a lot of real life metaphors and examples that are in our film Baklon Tyrone to get people to think and ponder. Watch it two or three times, have real dialogue for us, and and then you also see what happens when the community clicks up, Yeah, come together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: For me, it represented the never ending cycle of generational trauma that can't exist and how every generation there is the characters in that film, right like the people or the people that the drug dealer, the the you know, the the I don't want to say the whole, but yeah, you know. But also to your point, when we come together, we can break those generational absolutely trauma.
Speaker 3: For what you're saying about that generational trauma, man, it's real man, and and the and the the trauma. But then how even through the trauma, the strength that we still have and the and the heart that we still have as people. So I think about that time we were in production. One of the most powerful days on set was I can't I can't give it. I can't give it away here on the show for those who haven't seen it. But it's the one scene where you know, you got a man who is knocking on the door talking to him mom, and he was this he really needed word, and that that happened in that scene later on that the emotion on set that day of just like you know this, this, this, this, this brother who's supposed to be the stereotypical drug dealer who just needed his mom, really needed his mama, And it just says something about our communities and how our mothers are there for us. But then what happens when you know, when people aren't there for them. But then the when he steps outside and that conversation that happened with june Bug, the lightness around it and how reminded him of his brother. So they were like warm elements like that for us that we needed to make sure we're in there.
Speaker 4: There's another part.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get the movie away either, but it's like when when when it shows how the black woman wasn't wasn't wasn't under control. Yeah, So she couldn't be brainwashed. Oh yeah, that was like, that was yeah, that was powerful.
Speaker 4: To I got.
Speaker 3: I got a whole how she switched it up on them, Oh yeah, I got a whole thesis.
Speaker 4: I can write about this.
Speaker 3: So that's the strength of her, of her and her character.
Speaker 4: And then when she was right, that's right, y'all don't want to do it, I'll go do it myself.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yes, Okay, y'all, y'all, man up the steps. I'm gonna take.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: And then even in that moment when Keith of Sullivant Southern Sutherland character was like, I don't even care about you, like you know what I mean, Like basically that's that's what we basically told her. Yes, but your regular yes. But she was somebody to them. That was I don't want to say. I was about to say worthy of rescue, but I don't want to get the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see the movie this week. And guy, I was, I was out of town, I was, I was back this week.
Speaker 3: I'm watching for a fun ride.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to see I can't wait to see it. So fifteen OSCAR nominations, three wins, Congratulations is there any project that you thought should have gotta win, we.
Speaker 3: Got, we got, you know, we got Song and Daniel Want for that one, I felt like we were definitely write picture. We were right there in contention. There were a lot of great movies that year, but I feel like we were close. There was definitely a sense from members of the Academy that we were very much in the mix on that one, and we're incredibly proud of that film. Honestly, I'll say we're more proud of the fact that Chairman Fred Hampton, you know, Junior and Mother CooA and so many other members of the Black Panther Party that they that they still loved the film and were in supportive of it and how it's really you know, been able to educate our community about, you know, this revolutionary so Oscar nominations were great, but that was the thing that was the most rewarding of that. In terms of someone that I felt like got robbed Man. There's a few, but I got to tell you, but I felt like, uh, Jamie fox Man and just Mercy Man. It was really he did his thing, just like he did.
Speaker 4: See all these movies. Micro Movie.
Speaker 3: We we were one of the executive producers. We co financed the film there weren't we weren't creatively involved in that project. That was the other great producers, but that one we were more financiers. And Jamie Fox did his thing and it was incredible.
Speaker 5: I mean, when is Jamie Fox not up for some type of you know what I mean, like every tyrone like.
Speaker 3: Not knock on wood man. I feel like his performance is absolutely worthy of of real conversation.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: He is an extraordinary actor and it was just so incredible to work with, so much fun, but he brought it. Man, he is truly like a gifted man.
Speaker 5: I always wonder why, like like Macro doesn't collaborate with like Tyler Perry and everything that he's doing.
Speaker 4: It just seemed like it would make so much sense.
Speaker 3: Well man, Well, Tyler is you know. It was one of the artists moguls that I was fortunate, blessed to work with. That was his main agent for over ten years. Oh wow. Yeah, back at at William Morris and W and me and and he had a vision for how he was going to take his these amazing characters in this world that he built out from the theater circuit and bringing in the film and TV, and as a as a young agent, I was right there as part of the forefront of it, alongside of his lawyers, of structuring those deals in Lions, Skate and the ten nineties shows. And then clearly saw when someone who has a vision and a team behind them, you know, to also support his vision. And in addition to the hard work, literally tenacious hard work, the fact that he bet on himself, that he invested in himself, and you look at the empire that he's built. So I have tremendous respect for him. And so obviously even when I went to leave w me and I said, hey, I'm going to go do my thing, he was just like, you're gonna wish you had done this five years earlier because it's going to be incredible. And I had to say that although we haven't worked on a project together or found that thing, there's there's absolutely nothing but respect and love, and sure at some point we'll find something, but you know, clearly there's a there's there's nothing but respect.
Speaker 1: There you have it.
Speaker 4: Charles D.
Speaker 6: King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much, brother, Charles King. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Willy d with us. Let's get to the roomors, let's talk Little Meech whole out of name or you've gossip?
Speaker 3: Bet is the rumor report?
Speaker 18: I mean, I guess were on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea.
Speaker 4: Spells right right.
Speaker 1: Now? Meach was Little Meach was trending yesterday for a couple of reasons. Well one, it seems like his relationship with someone Walker they're saying is over. She posted something on social media. It's just crazy. How iggle will really try to pursue the f out of you for two years, make you meet the whole family, want to be around you and your kids all day, pay bills just to embarrass you to the world, laughing my ass off. I don't understand men, but I'm gonna give it to God. Well, yesterday a ring camera footage surface of Little Meach entering and exiting a home with another woman. Uh and uh. He actually spoke about it after the footage came out.
Speaker 4: Damn, I can't hit my cousin. Bring a bag in the house.
Speaker 3: We went to the grocery store.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Problem was that with not too many people see grocery bags. So people started making memes and they started adding grocery bags. They started adding shopping cards and all those other things.
Speaker 5: I saw groceries, groceries. I saw groceries. Didn't you nail When they said, well, did not? KO said, I hate the booty like groceries. You see the groceries apartment.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: The crazy thing is is I'm married, but I ain't blind. How could you have a neighbor that releases the ring footage of your apartment?
Speaker 4: Is that legal?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: First of all, I want to welcome little Meach to Houston. Oh he was in Houston.
Speaker 1: He was in Houston.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, you know man, that's a major invasion of products. Hell yeah, and it should be illegal. If it's not illegal, it should be illegal. It should be a crime. And I'll tell you straight up, bro, if my neighbor tried to play me like that, the moment I see him, it's.
Speaker 1: On site, put hands and feet on him.
Speaker 4: Or if it's a woman, the moment I see her is on side. Could you stop, Willy d knock it off. I'm just saying it's on sight.
Speaker 6: I ain't saying what's on site. It's on site. Man, it's a violation. Do that. That's not right.
Speaker 1: The man was helping a woman, that's right.
Speaker 6: And you know, if a crime was committed, I understanding releasing something like that, but just be spying on your neighbors like that and then just putting it out there. First of all, whoever did that, I'm just going straight up say that was some host stuff.
Speaker 5: Groofie, because if it wasn't a little meat, they wouldn't even care. If it wasn't somebody, it wasn't a celebrity, they wouldn't even care. The correct it's the fact that they called a celebrity on their ring camera and they wanted to send that out to the blogs or whoever else I'll post it.
Speaker 4: On their own.
Speaker 5: So that's gotta be some type of invasion the prophecy.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened, man, I just know black men don't cheat.
Speaker 5: And you know, if the man said he was helping somebody with they groceries, why couldn't that man be helping somebody with their grocery.
Speaker 1: Stupid. Now we got to move on to Carlos King. Carlos King was interviewed with Nini leeks and we're we're talking about her, you know, on Real Housewives of Atlanta and how she felt. Nini said that she could have been bigger than Kim Kardashian. You think you should be bigger than Kim Kardashian, absolutely.
Speaker 20: If not bigger right there with her. I feel like they pushed Kim and they didn't push me. Kim came on after me, and they opened up every door and every opportunity for her, even putting us together at times and making her, you know, much more bigger than me. They pushed Kim to the front and push me to the back. And I don't think that was by a chance. I think that was the way they wanted it to be. I just think that they made her more successful and she was able to get opportunities and open walk through doors, and they just did not want me to walk through.
Speaker 5: How do we feel about conversations like that? Because I just be feeling like what's for a Person's for a person. I understand that there's machines that can push things, but you can push some things sometimes, and that don't mean the consumer is going to gravitate towards said things. Something about the Kardashians that people gravitate towards and they've been gravitating towards it for years.
Speaker 4: Mean, he had a great, great, running, great moment too.
Speaker 1: I just think, you know, with with Kim, I just think it was the perfect storm the way that everything folded out. You know, parasit was her best friend at the time, and parasit was in front of the lights, and Kim was her side, you know, her whatever, her best friend at the time. Then the ray J tape came out, and at that time, ray J was was growing in his fame, and it was perfect. Then she was married Chris Humphries and he was playing for an NBA team.
Speaker 4: You didn't giving Chris Humphrey no damn credit.
Speaker 1: You're right, strike that one from the record. What's the other ball's name?
Speaker 4: U Reggie Bush?
Speaker 1: Reggie Bush at the time. He was one of the biggest players in the league at that time. Like, I just think it was a perfect storm for Camp.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's scriffling numbers. Maybe if it was a bunch of leaks. Seriously, maybe maybe if it was a bunch like she had a whole team with us, she had her sisters, you know what I mean. She had her mom like they had a whole squad. Maybe it's scriffling numbers, but.
Speaker 1: I do think they did Niini dirty. As far as the reality show, I think they should have pushed them on now. She also talks about one of our homies, Claudia Jordan, and talks about that term which Nini made a real famous a pair talking to starless Claudia Jordan.
Speaker 5: Starless who won between you and Claudia and Puerto Rico.
Speaker 20: I'm always the winner, and so I obviously won. But I will give Claudia this, although she said the most nastiest things about me, and she's been holding on to a grus for one hundred thousand years, I would have to give I'm gonna give her this. I've read many of girls, honey, and I've been on this show with many girls. I would have to say that she was probably my number one battle. She was definitely right up there to battle with. Yeah. I don't think that it's not been one other girl that could probably battle the way she did because I took her through it, and I feel like she took me through it, and so I feel like we gave each other a run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they did, and I will say one thing about our homie, Claudia Jordan's. She don't back down to nobody, So salute to Needy Leeks and Claudia Jordan.
Speaker 4: We ain't got noneing to smoke. You ain't play nonhing to smoke that they're talking about.
Speaker 1: No, we ain't got time unless you want to be late for a donkey.
Speaker 4: I don't even I never even heard the smoke.
Speaker 1: I don't know that is your rumor report, But were giving that donky two man for after the hour man?
Speaker 5: What is going on in the world. We got white people screaming racism against other white people.
Speaker 4: This is crazy. This morning, we're gonna talk about it.
Speaker 1: Is that possible? I don't know, but we're gonna discuss. All right, we'll get to a Nexus to Breakfast club.
Speaker 11: Good morning, breakfas your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Audible pick of the day is Snoop Doggs from the Streets to the Sweets. Here's snoops Journey from the Streets to Long Beach, the hip hop legend. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com, slash Snoop I.
Speaker 1: Was donkey up today, Damn he hogged.
Speaker 15: It's time for donkey.
Speaker 3: I ain't trying to beat donkey today no more.
Speaker 5: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 18: Called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 7: Damned Charlamagne who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 5: Yeah, donkey today for Wednesday, August second goes to Michael Sack. Michael Sack is a white police officer in Saint Louis who has filed a racial discrimination lawsuit against the city and two black city officials, claiming he was excluded from a promotion to become police chief. Now, this is something you don't hear too often, a white man screaming racism because he didn't get a position he wanted. We've seen this a billion times from black people and others, okay, and usually they are correct. Systemic racism is something that exists in every industry in America.
Speaker 4: We notice.
Speaker 5: That's why we have laws to prevent this kind of discrimination from happening.
Speaker 4: What is it the Equal.
Speaker 5: Employment Opportunity Commission Law. Under the laws enforced body ee OC, it is illegal to discriminate against someone applicant our employee because of that person's race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, forty year older, disability are genetic information. I'm saying all that to say there are rules in place to keep people from being discriminated against and to keep that discrimination from impacting their employment. Not saying it always works, but the laws are there, and when you feel there is discrimination, you can sue. That's what's happening here with Michael Sack. He's suing, like I said, for racial discrimination because he said he was excluded from a promotion of police chief. But here's the problem, ladies and gettlemen. The physician ended up going to another white man. Yeah, you heard me correctly. Let's go to NBC five on your side for the report.
Speaker 4: Police.
Speaker 19: The city of Saint Louis faces a lawsuit over its selection of a new police chief, Lieutenant Colonel Michael Sack, alleges he was not promoted because he's white. Sack, who served as interim chief, was considered a front runner in the initial search, but Mayor Tshara Jones started a second nationwide search seeking more diversity in candidates. The city ended up hiring Chief Robert Tracy, a white man. Sack's lawsuit claims the mayor made that choice only after two black finalists dropped out and to cover up for not giving the job to him. The mayor's office says it cannot comment on pending litigation.
Speaker 4: What is going on in America?
Speaker 5: You have a white cop suing the city and two black officials claiming he didn't get a job because of racism. You had another white cop got the job. You got Lizzo being sued for weight shaming. What's next is Laverne Cox's about to be accused of transphobia.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Michael Sacks says in the lawsuit his race was a determining factor, motivating factor, are played a part in the city's decision not to promote him.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused here, I'm not and there's no white people in the room.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I guess Nick, Nick? Is you're white?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 1: Yes, spicy white. There's levels to whiteness, all right? Is there?
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about levels in regards the class. I'm talking about strictly race. Is there levels to the white race? Is there white and off white? Or is that just verge? Was clothing line because I don't understand this is Michael Sack transracial?
Speaker 4: Does he identify as something other than white? I don't understand.
Speaker 5: How was he seeking financial compensation for loss in wages and benefits for racial discrimination when another white man got the job.
Speaker 1: Now, Michael is saying that him and another white were the only two people who met the roles.
Speaker 5: In qualifications and who had passed the written test, but the mayor, to Shara Jones, told them that she would not pick either one of them because she only had two white male candidates to choose from. In Saint Louis is more diverse than white males. That's what Michaels saying in the lawsuit. The lawsuit also says that the city wanted a black commissioner but had to settle for Robert Tracy, the other white candidate, because there was no other black candidate to select from because one of the finalists who was black, withdrew his application and another declined the city's off of Hey, if that's true, that's life, but it still doesn't negate the fact that a white man got the job. I'm not the highest grade of weed in the dispensary. But if you're telling me that you didn't get a job because you're white, but another white person did indeed get the job. Then I'm going to ask you to drink this ginger ale and these crackers because you must have a fever and a stomach ache.
Speaker 4: All right, there's no way you could possibly be feeling.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing, white people stop. You don't have to colonize everything, Okay. It's always the unpigmented population trying to take everything the marginalized has and make it their own. They trying to take hip hop. They tried taking Tiger Woods, but they gave him back, and trust me, he didn't want to leave. And now they trying to take racial discrimination from us.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: The unmelanated gall of Michael Sack, a white man losing his job to another white man isn't racism.
Speaker 4: It's called America.
Speaker 5: Okay, racism, you know it is if the boss didn't hire him because he don't want no chalky colored c working in this building. But that wasn't the case. He didn't lose the job because he was white. He lost the job because they found a better weight. See if America was just about the best person winning.
Speaker 1: Then it would be all good.
Speaker 5: Okay, if it was about all things created equal and the most qualified person succeeding in things like race and gender and sexuality didn't the helpful Hinda.
Speaker 1: It would be fine.
Speaker 5: But that fairness only exists when you're dealing with men who look like the founding fathers of this country. So sorry, Michael, if you just weren't the white person, no, I mean right, per wait mayb y'all do mean white? Okay, sorry Michael, you just weren't the right white man for the job.
Speaker 1: Please let Chelsea handle give Michael sack the biggest hee haw hee haw hee haw. That is way too much, Dan Maynes, Michael relax, all right, all right, well, thank you for that donkey today something When we come back with first BT, we'll see out them all.
Speaker 5: PIECTU two. I think I know what you're talking about. Man, Well, I think I know what's on your mind. I saw y'all, I saw y'all contemplating it. Well, what's after we talked about it? What's that? The little meat situation?
Speaker 1: But play our breakfast club theme music? Please, court music, Breakfast Club Court now little Meat. You know he cleared up something that happened the other day. Now he was out in Houston and a young lady needed some help packing her groceries and getting her groceries to the house. And so young little Meats did what any brother out there would do, what our parents have taught us to do. If you see somebody in distress, you help him out, especially a woman in distress. What do you do? You help him out? Now, Willie d you are from the South, You're from Houston. You're from Houston.
Speaker 4: Some hospitality.
Speaker 1: Now you see a woman out there that's struggling with her groceries. Are you gonna help her carry them groceries to the house?
Speaker 4: Here's fine? Oh lord, Willie, you ain't.
Speaker 1: Eight undrenk.
Speaker 4: What I was talking about, talks about what happened, but talent and I can't help my cousin in the house.
Speaker 3: Ain't cousin to the grocery store?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Man, Why are y'all bugging out on the internet?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 5: This man was helping his cousin bring her groceries into her apartment.
Speaker 4: I looked at the videotape, the vid.
Speaker 5: He was only there for like ten minutes, seventeen minutes.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 13: Off.
Speaker 4: So a good.
Speaker 6: Friend of mine me this text message. Okay, and it's important. That's why it's important to have women input on things like this. She said, what if the chick told the neighbor to hit the ring, hand to risk to release the ring. That's right, that's right, she'd be helping me with my groceries. Little meach was helping me with my groceries. Hit the ring camera.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right for a come up. Oh, I tell you, let's talk about it. I tell you solved the case.
Speaker 1: This little meat wrong. He was just trying to do his suddenly hospitality.
Speaker 4: Dude, your homegirl, right, Willie ye your homegirl too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, castling, Oh.
Speaker 5: Okay, I ain't even think about that. So okay, we figured it out. Little meach was just helping this woman with her groceries, being a good samaritan, and somebody hit it. She called her nighbor to hit the ring camera just so she can have a little come up.
Speaker 1: WHOA wow? Do I believe that is the question. Trying to do the right thing out there, you know, trying to put out a little her Southern hospitality for young lady. You guys have been saying men are not helping people, not open the doors, not carrying the groceries. So this brother helped him carry the groceries and y'all got him under the bus. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: There wasn't no elevator in that building. Heard it was six flights instead, as that man had to climb up. God blessed little Meat. Don't drink five five one on five. Well, let's discuss. This's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Owing. Everybody is todj NV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest host, Willie d joining us. Now if you're just joining us with talking Little Meach, all right, play the up the club court them please. Now Little Meach was charged with we'll say, cheating allegedly.
Speaker 4: Now, men don't cheat little meach.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: This video of him helping a young lady who looked like she was distressed. It looked like she just went grocery shopping. And allegedly her building didn't have an elevator. So Meach was just helping her.
Speaker 5: Something that I heard that she didn't have no elevator. There was seven flights in stairs. Little Meat, being a good Samaritan, Little Meat decided to help this young lady with her groceries. Her neighbor caught them on the ring camera. Correct Now, Willie d brought up a fantastic point, But.
Speaker 4: Would you say your homegirl said, will he be?
Speaker 6: What if the girl, I mean, the girl employed the neighbor to record herself and then you know she had an opportunity to.
Speaker 4: Release it to the public.
Speaker 5: I think that's clearly what happened up. I think that's clearly what happened. She saw little Meat took advantage of Little Meach's kindness, him being a great samaritan. Little Meach helped her with the grocery. She told her neighbor to hit the ring camera scented out the allive blogs. Little Meach is.
Speaker 1: Innocent, but that not only that. Let's think about him. Little Meat was there for seventeen minutes, many seventeen seventeen minutes. Now he went in without Now, on his way out, we see the girl again. On the way out. She ain't looked to shovel at all. She wasn't the shovel, she wasn't wearing a T shirt. She was wearing the same her hand with good that's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, you know, just devil's advocate. It's possible, very possible for them to walk into that room, walk into that house, and he get behind us.
Speaker 4: Black men, don't you back, that didn't happen. I'm just saying. I'm just saying I didn't.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, not necessarily. I mean, like I mean, well, I am the clean up man, so not necessarily. I mean, it just depends on who it is, right, Bro, this depends on who she's doing it with.
Speaker 4: Right. You know, I'm not saying that he did something.
Speaker 6: Black men are saying that these type of things, that that is a scenario where something like this could happen.
Speaker 5: Now, Taylor, Taylor, our producer, she was in the other room, but you can hear us, right, and all I heard over the microphone was I hate y'all. And I don't understand. I don't understand where that came from. So Tailor's here, because you know, you got three grown men in here talking about a situation that clearly needs a woman's perspective.
Speaker 4: Tailor, why did you say you hate us?
Speaker 1: Because clearly I didn't even think about it what you said, Like he was helping with some groceries. That's on groceries too.
Speaker 4: Good America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Taylor, if you look at the young lady's hands, it looked like they were putting things in the refrigerator like you know when you if you saw it, if you saw I'm helping with groceries, I don't see no bags of groceries. That's what I'm saying. Grocery.
Speaker 4: You talk about booty, Yeah, he wasn't. Come on, stop, get your money, have to gout to tail.
Speaker 1: It only takes seventeen minutes, that's how much?
Speaker 4: How long much?
Speaker 1: What are you accusing this man? Are you saying this man is guilty. I'm saying I robertson Walker, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Taylor been riding on us man, you know for the last four eight hour.
Speaker 4: But I think I think Taylor need counseling.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the full live carry out.
Speaker 5: YO.
Speaker 1: Good morning, yes this morning. Did you see that video of little Mes being a great samaritan helping that young lady with the grocery.
Speaker 5: And do you stop?
Speaker 1: He's guilty guilty of what being a good samaritan?
Speaker 3: I agree, No, you stopped.
Speaker 14: Telling me that thank you for something?
Speaker 1: Then that's what people Black men don't be.
Speaker 14: Yes, they do look at that man. I see the devil something.
Speaker 5: I saw a man trying to enjoy a blunt. But he just finished walking up seventeen flights.
Speaker 1: He's tired. He just wants to know.
Speaker 14: He wants helping himself to the booty. He has a right to get a fat at him.
Speaker 2: You know you kids, Dodo, thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't prove you can't prove another day.
Speaker 1: Sarah, Hey, good morning. You see that video of little me being a great Samarian helping somebody, I mean, just being a good Suri.
Speaker 15: First of all, First of all, all this crap is going down with me with little Meat, even little alert meets is ridiculous.
Speaker 14: How you going to come across what.
Speaker 4: Did he do?
Speaker 3: With did he do?
Speaker 1: Heroes?
Speaker 21: First of all, everybody keep talking about what groceries that I don't.
Speaker 15: See any seem that the groceries.
Speaker 14: The only thing I saw was that bad of track that he should have took.
Speaker 2: Out he did coming in the house.
Speaker 1: The video I saw him.
Speaker 14: Doing was following that ass inside the house.
Speaker 5: The video cut off right before he took the trash out. And see what happened was he had already went up seventeen flights. Instead he took the trash out and then when he was walking back out, the girl was like, he you should come get some gatoray before you make that track down to seventeen flights and stairs again. And that's why he went back in the house.
Speaker 21: The only bad that I saw he had was in his looking bad probably feel we gain, Maybe some candybart kind of he had in his hand or something he had in his out. That's the only thing, you know, sir. The only groceries that was going in the house was that ass he was following.
Speaker 4: Sarah as a kid in that detectives or something else.
Speaker 1: Y'all. Never you never seen Saray your dad help help a lady with bad at the grocery store before?
Speaker 22: My father, No, No, the.
Speaker 15: Only person that uh that he would help anything would be my mother. My mother would have been all over to that, all right.
Speaker 1: How we know that wasn't an old lady? That could have been an old lady. We can't. We couldn't really tell.
Speaker 5: How we know that wasn't just a young looking old lady. She might have been sixty seven years old for all we know, and age right.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, she looked like she had.
Speaker 21: On a full sheene outfit.
Speaker 15: I don't know what seventy year old fifty.
Speaker 21: Year old where she in a fashion over.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, stopping man eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five. And we took a little meat this morning. Now, there was a video of little meat going viral yesterday and people are saying he cheated, he cheated, he cheated. But the brother said, I was just helping out with the groceries. And from the video it looks like he was helping with the grocery. I mean Charlamage said allegedly there was no elevator, so they had to walk up six seven flights.
Speaker 5: I heard it was seventeen, actually seventeen. I said six and seven, but I heard it was actually sixteen or seventy.
Speaker 1: So the fact that the brother helped put all of groceries away, little gatorade into the left.
Speaker 6: And I want to explain something real quick because I know people are saying, what damn apartment complex? As seventeen floors were not with no elevator, So I just want to say that perhaps the elevator was broken broken, ye was broken, and and and and that is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty. So uh uh, we reserve the right to give little Meech the benefit of doubt. Brother, More power to you, more power, stay strong, strong, brother, black man, don't cheat.
Speaker 1: The eight hundred five eight five one five one will take some more calls when we come back as the Breakfast Club, Go Morning Morning. Everybody's the j n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about little Meech. There was a video that went viral yesterday of him at somebody's house and he responded with this, So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one o five one little missy. Little seems like he was being a good Smaritan. I mean people are saying all the time that you know, they don't see kids and people helping old women and people at grocery stores anymore. It is a little meat from the south man.
Speaker 5: Little understand the sovereign hospitality. Little meat understands being a good Samaritan. Black Men don't cheat, b MS. Black men faithful like little Meach, who wasn't doing nothing, but what he was supposed to be doing is helping that young lady. Always lady, because I think she was older, but she just look young. I think he was sixty seven. Actually he was just helping her with the groceries.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's the problem, hey, Beyonca, good morning, good morning. You see that video little meach helping that young lady with groceries? Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 15: Listen, And I'm from Detroit, so I know her.
Speaker 3: Lie.
Speaker 1: No, you don't that way lying? Why he lying?
Speaker 4: Tell me why he lying?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 4: So he was, Yeah, he was carrying groceries.
Speaker 9: And what.
Speaker 5: I couldn't really because the ring camera was high and his hands was down, so I couldn't really see what he had in his hand.
Speaker 14: Nothing, no bad, you know, And I love I want to take him, but knock it off. He got caught, and I know he's coming up from the.
Speaker 4: Way.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: They're all worried about the wrong thing, which I should be worrying about the invasion of privacy that happened with that woman who recorded that ring camera that.
Speaker 1: They that's the actual crime. He can't commit, no crime.
Speaker 6: And what if it was an old lady would they be still having this type? Now I'm talking about old lady like like like ninety.
Speaker 4: I think she's about sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Gosha, Yeah, you see that video, Little Me's s trying to be a great Samariyan helping that lady with her groceries.
Speaker 15: I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: Why is that nonsense?
Speaker 4: So you don't think people should help women with their groceries?
Speaker 21: Man, come on, now, you go out.
Speaker 14: Now you're reaching because he was not helping nobody with no grocery.
Speaker 4: Where was the bag? You know, I'm gonna tell you something I did.
Speaker 5: We couldn't see the bag because he had his hands down and the camera the camera was cut off so you can only see him from the waist up.
Speaker 2: So I couldn't making I couldn't.
Speaker 4: See what he had in his hands.
Speaker 5: And I can tell you how I know he had something in his hands because he had a blunt in his mouth and he never reached for that blunt. Couldn't reach for that blunt because you had bags in his hand.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he had a little box in his r like he was tearing a box from He was going up for seventeen minutes. So only to think he wouldn't going to do anything written but help him with some groceries. I didn't see no groceries, Beaver. That's just super real. That black man was cheating.
Speaker 1: No, he was not, because black men don't cheat.
Speaker 4: What is up with y'all?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Hello, who's this Hey Keisha, good morning. We're talking about the video Little Meets being a great Samaritan helping this young woman with her groceries. I'm sure that there's been times when you needed help for groceries and didn't have help, and he could have been there to help you as well.
Speaker 14: Oh no, I have a husband, but I'm experienced something similar. I feel that it was very inappropriate. And if it's just a cousin, why can't sell her meet her?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, you're from the eight four to three. I can hear it in your voice with you said you experienced something similar.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 14: Well, my husband friends with the young ladies, I said, but I'm not too comfortable with their friendships. But he still hasn't allowed the girl.
Speaker 1: He still has what with the girl? I still have not met the lady.
Speaker 5: Well, we already know that your husband is innocent because he from the Low Country and black men and black men definitely don't cheat from the low Country.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a lot.
Speaker 21: We do not cheat him, sees.
Speaker 14: I just like it's inappropriate, and I think the girl she was trying.
Speaker 17: To catch himself.
Speaker 5: I do agree that someone should meet the cousin, you know what I'm saying, But you can't meet all your cousins.
Speaker 4: She and Houston. That's a cousin from Youthton.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 13: Did your boy?
Speaker 2: Yaggy?
Speaker 1: Yology, yaggy? Good morning man? You see little me. She just trying to be a great Samarian. And I'm sure that might have happened with you before. You just trying to be nice, right, yeah, man, seven.
Speaker 21: Minutes you hadn't you couldn't goa no, if you were doing.
Speaker 14: Anything, you'll be between five and ten menfeen minutes.
Speaker 5: Now hold on now, I say I don't like that because see what somebody gonna do with the math. So they gonna say between five and ten minutes. That mean it took you five and it took you about three minut to get undressed, five to ten minutes to handle your business, then three minutes to get dressed again.
Speaker 4: That's about seventeen minutes.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: I don't like that math. I don't like that math.
Speaker 2: Damn, man, I.
Speaker 4: Can't even believe we're having this conversation. Black men don't cheat.
Speaker 1: You're right, that man, was definitely helping putting the groceries up. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey, you seen that video? Little meach man just trying to help that woman with her groceries. Man, it's such a great Samaria. Don't you agree that's what he was doing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: He wrong?
Speaker 1: Wrong for what do y'all know what?
Speaker 5: The definition of hospitality is the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests. Visitors are strangest. Little Meach is renowned for his hospitality, and now y'all hurt judging that man for it.
Speaker 1: I don't like this guilty. I don't like how they doing Little Meach like that. I think I think it's a smear campaign against Little Meach. First they were saying that he and shower, then they said something else before Now they're saying this, the brother just trying to do good out here, and y'all just and y'all messing with him. And I don't like the cast of.
Speaker 5: Power in the other shows clowning little Meat for this, because my brothers, this could be any of us at any given moment. You see, this man clearly got set up. This man was being a good Samaritan. Walked up seventeen flights. He said, you couldn't see the bags in his hand because the ring camera was cut off from the wais down. Clearly, whoever he was with called somebody and said, hey record little meach helping you with my groceries. This man was set up. That could be any of y'all at any given time. I don't think y'all should be making jokes about this. They really trying to stop the black men don't cheat movie?
Speaker 1: Close it?
Speaker 6: What you think, WILLI d I think that the man is inn to approve guilty and reserve judgment unless we see something different. Black men don't cheat, that's right. Black men don't cheat.
Speaker 4: They don't even understand that. When you say black men don't cheat, black men no men and black men don't cheat.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about you? All right, when we come back, we got to talk Lebron James h in his school. We'll discuss when we come back as the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Bro my.
Speaker 1: Name or you've gotship been chatty? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 18: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This were the tea spells right right?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we're gonna start off with Javonte Davis now, yesterday, Javonte Davis was talking. He was talking about if he would stop Terrence Crawford, what would happen?
Speaker 4: I gotta I got a question for your Tank at one seven? How does a fight with you and Terrence Crawford look one.
Speaker 2: That trend?
Speaker 4: You know he want to sleep?
Speaker 22: I already know, I already know who he is, said no, chan, Hey, I got round five around six, around six.
Speaker 5: Wait day, Dravante Tank at one forty seven, I mean taking Crawford Crawford at one forty seven, I'll take budd in that.
Speaker 4: I like Tank a lot, though, Why why?
Speaker 1: Man? Based off what I saw Saturday night? That's why?
Speaker 4: Okay, what you're talking about?
Speaker 5: Why, Like Terrence Crawford unlocked the level that you know none of us have seen him. We all know Terrence Crawford is a beast. We know that with forty and oh how many knockouts like thirty thirty two or something like that, Like, we know he's a beast.
Speaker 4: But on Saturday night we saw him unlock another level.
Speaker 5: So he has another level and the level I saw Saturday, I don't see nobody beating Terrence Crawford at one forty will d what you take I.
Speaker 6: Concur Yeah, yeah, what what But Terrence Crawford did. Man, it was I it was magical and it was reminiscent of the golden era of boxing. You had the Hearns and the Leonards and the hag Lists and the Roberto Durans and the whiff Bernita as Is.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 4: That was like, hey man, that was on that type of level, right, is that want to see that in a while? Is that a fight?
Speaker 13: Will?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, thank Thanking Budd would be great at one forty seven. But like I said, after what I saw Saturday night, I don't see nobody beating Tarance Crawford at one forty seven if he can get to that, if he can go to that level in a fight.
Speaker 1: No. Now, let's talk about Lebron James his I Promised School. They're saying that eighth grade has failed to pass the state math tests. It was reportedly last year that, of course the school was in the Akron, Ohio, hadn't passed the math portion of their state proficiency exam in three years.
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 1: Now, Stephanie Davis, the new principal, said this one of the things I'm most excited about coming into the I prom School is the optimism and energy around getting our students to a level of achievement we know they're capable of.
Speaker 16: This.
Speaker 1: Recent board meeting, our preliminary OSC data was shared, but it's important to note that proficiency is based on Master and grade level standards. Our students have not yet met the grade level master remark, but they are demonstrating growth. Based on I Ready scores of our income in eighth grade is thirty two percent met their annual typical growth and reading, while seven percent met their stretch goal for the year. Now, I will say this, I don't think it's just an I promised school thing. I think it's an education thing. You also got to think of the last three years, a lot of these kids haven't been in school. You know, most of it because of COVID, because of the pandemic. A lot of these kids were being taught over computers and coming back has made it very difficult. If you have kids, you know how difficult it's been because you know, we as When I say we, I mean parents had to be the teachers and for a lot of us it was difficult. It was it was It was difficult for me to help my kids with their homework. I'm sure it was difficult for you, Charlamagne. So what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 6: First of all, that Lebron James can you know, make financial contributions like that to our communities, and you know the schools now need to double down on education. As we said that, I find it very hard to believe not one single kid in the eighth grade past math exam. I don't care where you go, that's always going to be one kid that just you know is an overachiever. That's always going to be that. So I find that hard to believe. In experimental schools like I promise, the kids are made to actually fail. In many of these types of schools, they're actually made to fail so that they can get state and federal funding. If the kids don't fail, then the money don't trickle down to the school districts and they can't create jobs. That's a big deal in a lot most people don't want to have that discussion, but that's a real thing. I'm not saying that's exactly what's happening there, but it happens more than you can imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not an educator.
Speaker 5: I would have to bring it an educator to have this conversation, but it sounds to me like somebody clearly wasn't focused on academics.
Speaker 1: Right, And then I'm also wondering how many students are actually in the school, you know what I mean, because we can say all the eighth graders, but how many eighth grader students were there? You know what I mean? Because this is a small school. It's not a huge school what you would think of. And I think i'm reading now one report says, you know, in the eighth grade, I'm trying to see, but I think in the full school it's five hundred students and that's from three to seven, I think, or three to nine. I'm not sure, but I'm just curious to how many students are actually in that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But either way, if all your eighth grade students fail in math, somebody's not focused on academics. So to me, that that lies squarely of defeated the educators happen.
Speaker 4: And this is over three years, three years, this is over three years.
Speaker 6: But I but let's make sure that we also include the parents, because everything starts at home, and no matter what the school is doing, the parents have the most access and authority over the children, and if the parents are not on board, it is extremely difficult. Having said that, it is any time you can have an adult that can step in and help out kids and kids, and that's a place that kids can go to, like I promise and have there's a safe space that they can go to and and have these experiences and be able to learn where you're in a place where people really care about you. That's important because as we know, like one adult could change the trajectory of a child's life. That happened for me with my homeroom teacher, Miss Oliver, Miss emmittt Oliver. I mean, she literally saved my life. And this could happen when you get good educators, and I do believe that there are some good educators there. But you're going up against a system.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that is your rumor report. I got to remind you guys, Tonight at seven iHeart Radio Hip Hop and R and B stations are going to be streaming Living Black Guy and Living Black is hosted by our very old Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 4: I'm going to clue bomds for just Larious Devil with the.
Speaker 1: Performances by Usha Miguel Glilla, Coco Jones and more. All appearances by l okuj Lowlabrook, Warrang, g Roddy Ridge. Of course the Breakfast Club and you're definitely gonna want to check it out. All right, So again, that's tonight We're celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop and you don't want to miss it.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: It's hosted by Jess Hilarious. So you can tune into any of our iHeart Radio hip Hop and R and B stations tonight at seven pm local time, and it's gonna be streaming on the iHeart Radio, YouTube and Facebook channels. All right, people's choice mixes up? Next, let's go the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality, someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, then live large and now thinner with new Magnum Raw condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold. Morning everybody is DJ n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. I want to salute Lincoln Tech and iHeart Radio. I'm doing my call show of the year, I'm doing it a two day show in Jersey. It's August twenty sixth August twenty seventh. It is actually the first time in three years that I'm back in the Tri State. Usually was Atlantic City, which is a two hour drive, or it's been in Memphis, in Houston, Atlanta, Detroit, Miami. But this year we're actually back in the city. I'm so excited. So we got to do a two day show. So one day it's all about the newer cars. So your magnums, your charges, your ferraris, your lamdbows, the rang goos, any car that you got that's new that you did, you know, whatever it is. You put your TVs, you put fish ten, whatever you did to your car to show it off. That's gonna be one day. And then the Sunday it's all about the old school cars, your eighties and nineties, your your veils and polas and all that. So it's gonna be two family fun days. It's gonna be rides both days, and so many things to do. So if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. And since it's back to school, we're gonna be giving a way backpacks to kids out there. So if your kids need a backpack, maybe you can't afford it, whatever it may be, we're gonna hold you down. And kids five and under are free, all right. So that's the twenty sixth and twenty seventh to August, a two day show. You could get a two day pass. And I can't wait to see. Of course, we're gonna start announce to some of the celebrity cars that we're gonna have shortly. But I can't wait to see you guys. And you can get your tickets now. And I also got to remind you guys. Tonight iHeartRadio Living Black with celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of Hip Hop, is hosted by Jess Hilarious. How good sister, How was just doing?
Speaker 4: What you mean?
Speaker 1: How just doing? She ain't been up in a while. Shehat cursed us out in a couple of days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on purpose, just working. That's busy, you know what I mean. Just got a lot going on, like tonight hosting the Living Black block party. That's right, you know, but you can always subscribe to her podcast or the Carefully Reckless podcast on the Blackfact iHeart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 1: That's right, and performances by Usher, Miguel Gorilla, Coco Jones, and Moore. So definitely tune in tonight and check out Jess And you can tune in on iHeart Radios hip hop and R and B stations at seven or the iHeart Radio YouTube and Facebook channels. How are you feeling? Man? Thank you for hanging with us for the last two days.
Speaker 4: Brother, absolutely, man, I appreciate the invitation. Now, thank you. Fine, it's been fine.
Speaker 5: You're going back to Houston to night, Willie. What you got going on this week? Go to Houston tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let me ask you really, So, since you said that you wouldn't give women flowers on the first day, have women been hitting you upset about it?
Speaker 6: No, they want to understand, called and they're asking for clarity.
Speaker 4: Clarity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's where it starts. Yeah, yeah, you know, hey man, you know, and I want to be clear. You know, I absolutely love women. I mean, and I really do respect. But I do believe that that there is such thing as being too nice too soon. And that's why I have my reservations in trepidation about what dude did with those flowers.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: That's like, bro, you don't you don't do all of that on the first day. Now, some women you're cool, you know they're gonna be cool with that, But then there's going to be a certain segment of women that are not. And I'm not willing to take that type of chance. When when I first meet a woman, the last thing you want to do is spooker one. Just like you can spook a woman with your conversation when you first meet it, you can spook it with your.
Speaker 4: Acts of giveness of giving you. So, yeah, okay, I'm not with that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, when we come back, we got a positive notice to Breakfast Cloak of Morning Morning. Everybody's DJ Envy Charlemagne to God, we are to Breakfast Club. Charlemage, you got some positivity for the people I do.
Speaker 5: Man, and I wish some of you all foods would understand what I'm about to say it, but you don't and won't. But I'm gonna tell you anyway because maybe one day you will learn. But understand that nothing that's for you will require you to act out of character to get it. Absolutely nothing. If you got to act out of character to get something, it ain't worth it.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club, you
Speaker 4: Don't finish or y'all done,