Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all all at all.
Speaker 2: So don't give a.
Speaker 1: Black Alican busy.
Speaker 3: Listening to.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 5: I don't joy.
Speaker 6: Yah, yeah, Joy, you gotta do that.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: Turn came.
Speaker 7: To turn the mouth the turn.
Speaker 6: You probably got to turn the mouth out the water of the monjup looking.
Speaker 1: Come come on, you'll think, uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody you are listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only Steve harvey Man got a radio show. Real glad about it too.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I hope that God always keeps me in the frame of mind to try to be sharing and try to be motivational and ubly even when it's not felt or wanted by some people. I have people around me who seem to not benefit at all or anything, and I can sit with them and talk to them or take meetings with them to try to encourage them, and for whatever reason, you know, they want to just keep going the way they're going. When you run into people like that, you have to pray for them. You have to just hope that one day that they release the chains on their mind and open up your mind to a new way of thinking. A couple of things I wanted to go over with that I want you all today in terms of motivation. I want you to be aware of statements or old sayings that have been created that you hear over the course of time, and you may be applying them to your life. And I want you to be careful of some of them because some of these old sayings, man, are not designed for people who are dreamers, are not designed for people who have any aspirations of being extraordinary. These are not designs or sayings that people who want to be extremely successful at anything or have high aspirations to put these sayings into your life. Let me give you an example. Statistics say that's it. That's the one I want you to be careful about. Statistics say, be very careful of stats. When a person says, you know, statistics, say one out of every what see, listen to me. These are things that sound like they're good, sound solid advice, but they're setting you up for failure.
Speaker 9: And you can't adhere.
Speaker 1: Yourself to a lot of these sayings that's been passed down from generations, and it's not scripture, it ain't in a scripture nowhere that statistics say. It's just some people and a lot of people who have lost have come up with these sayings to justify why they keep losing or why they lost. When I Ears got started in the business, there were more stand ups around now than it is today because the comedy boom in eighty four eighty five was it was gaining a lot of momentums, comedy club, comedy nights everywhere. The statistic that a guy told me I told him I wanted to be on the Johnny Carson Show, the Tonight Show. The guy said, one out of every two thousand comedians ever make it to the Tonight Show. Okay, Now, when he told us that, some of the comedians in the room went, well, wow, man's that's rough. Because a guy had also said that there was approximately six thousand comedians in the country at that time. I don't know if it was true. I'm just telling you a guy was out there fewer numbers. I have no idea how many it was, but he said one in every two thousand will make it to the Tonight Show. And he let the air out of everybody in the room but me. So every night before I went on stage, I used to do this right here, but bad. That was the tonight theme song. I was young opening act nowhere near Hollywood, didn't I was in Cleveland telling jokes at one night. But that was my thing because I was bent and determined that if it's one in two thousand, okay, why don't I just be the one?
Speaker 9: Be careful when.
Speaker 1: People say statistics say because they are set up to fulfailure if you're gonna adhere to them. See that one in so many it wanted so many people win the lottery. But if you don't play the lottery, you ain't gonna be the one to hit. Not when the dude hits you go while he was lucky, but he played. Here's another one. Maybe it's not meant to be. Let's go one step further. I guess it wasn't the Lord's will. Don't you dare blame God for something you may have not done yourself because you didn't get the proper education, because you didn't do the things you were supposed to do, because you didn't stay to the task, because you quit, turned around and went the other way. Now, maybe it's not it wasn't the Lord's will. These are all statements that sound like sound advice, but they ain't all the time, got nothing to do with you. Stop letting these old fogy sayings get in your way of what can happen in your life. Don't put all your eggs in one basket? Who came up with this?
Speaker 9: Who came up with it?
Speaker 1: If you don't pour all your efforts into one thing, how are you gonna be great at that one thing? If Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird had not played basketball sun up to sundown. Magic Johnson didn't go to Michigan to get an education. Larry Berry ain't go to Indiana to get an education. These cats was balling. Michael Jordan didn't go to North Carolina get an education. They went to play ball. They went to do one thing. Tiger Woods didn't go to Stafford to get an education. He went to play golf. Soon as he got good enough, he gone, These are guys that put all they eggs in one basket. See what's cool with putting all your eggs in one basket is you now can maximize your effort and laser beam what you're doing. Your problem is all you gotta do is make sure what is your basket made out of If your basket is made out of faith, hope, hard work, and belief, then guess what, that's a good basket. I'm dumping all mine in it. Because ever since I was a young dude, I've been telling jokes, one thing, one thing only. Even when it got ugly and I was living in a car, I never quit telling them jokes. Man. I just kept believing that them jokes was gonna pay me one day, and I'll be dog gone if it didn't. I ain't taking no time off. Go work at the Walmart, get me a job, go back to Ford and big for my job back. Hey, man, put all your eggs in a basket. Just make sure that your basket is made up of faith, hope, belief, hard work. Your basket woven by God. What you tripping for? You're defeating yourself. Where is your faith? Where is your belief? Where is your trust? At one point in time, you got to bleed that God could do what he said gonna do because he'dn done it for others, He'll most certainly do it for you. Be careful of these sayings that's out here, that's aligned by losers and people to justify why they are not succeeding. Don't apply this stuff to your life, and it ain't got nothing to do with you. You're gonna mess yourself up. All right, Okay, you're listening morning yea, Ladies and gentlemen, let me have it your undivided attention. I know I say it every day, but man, it just bears repeating. You all, I don't really want you to overlook a very very basic and simple fact that today was given to us. This is something we've never had before. We've never had this day, We've never had this moment. We've been giving this incredible gift of life again. I know it comes with a lot of struggles. I know it comes with some situations that you got to grapple with. That's called life. The sun ain't gonna shine all the time, because if it did, you wouldn't appreciate it. You have the night so you can.
Speaker 9: Appreciate the day.
Speaker 1: You had, the clouds so you can enjoy the sun. You had the flowers. But you're gonna have to have his rain, now, you understand. So however it is, I'm just grateful that I'm here for it. I want you to join it with me. And be grateful to y'all, be grateful that God gave us this wonderful day today.
Speaker 9: Love it, man, Thank you Lord. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Hope you give me a whole lot more. I love to live for one hundred and four years. But if you call me home early, just hope I'm ready to go. I'm not, but I just wanted to throw that out there. I'm clearly not right now as it.
Speaker 9: Talking to.
Speaker 1: Need a couple more forgivenesses to make sure, ladies and gentlemen, this is the Steve Harvey Martin Show, Shelley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior government named kills, frights and the legend of nephew Tommy. Ladies and gentlemen, and wah, same war, save war that before y'all that don't know French, that means it's me, Yeah, junior, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: You know these house projects, you know you know this is the part that you know. Man, I had to get the sealed up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I wasn't ready for that.
Speaker 7: No, I just I just I feel what else is coming down the line?
Speaker 11: What a man?
Speaker 9: Something you had you ever said that before.
Speaker 12: I ain't never said it had to get a deck sere. I ain't even know decks got sealed. I had no idea. I thought it was just wood outside.
Speaker 1: All you had to do is just go sit on it. Now you got to see junior, See junior, You see how your life you change. Yeah, yeah, now you got a deck. Used to have a little lad balcony. No, yeah, yeah that was their balcony. Yeah, this is your deck. Mm hm, man ain't God good? Yeah? But see to whom much is given, much is required. Now how you do this garage?
Speaker 7: You gotta put some down for the garage too.
Speaker 9: You need to do that yourself.
Speaker 1: Well everything you got to go to d why d I Y whatever they call it, do it yourself. I ain't done it in a while, but I used to. You got to learn how you need to stay in your garage floor. You need to figure out what your garage gonna be. First. Yeah, it is gonna keep tools and guard and equipment in it. Then you got to watch what you call your car just calls. Don't be hanging bikes in it. Because you ever had a bike fall on your car, you ain't gonna want that bike. No, damn more you that. I tell you that right now, all that bike hanging, yeah, get a damn kickstand.
Speaker 7: I'm figuring out all right.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephews.
Speaker 4: He runs that prank back right after this. You're listening morning show?
Speaker 5: All right, nephew, it's time to start the morning off. Would run that prank back?
Speaker 4: What you got for us?
Speaker 11: It's time for some corporal punishments, Shirley. Let's get back to whipping and it's time we got way away from it. It's time to get back to whipping that behind cat dog, if you could corporal punishment.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, Hello, Hi, I'm trying to reach it.
Speaker 2: Mister Cotton, mismss Cotton.
Speaker 11: My name is mister Lanson. I'm actually the new principal here at middle school.
Speaker 2: And what's the name.
Speaker 1: Again, mister Lanson.
Speaker 2: Mister Lanson?
Speaker 11: Okay, your your son he attends middle school here? Am I correct?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 11: Okay, good listen. I'm the new principal here. We've just replaced the last principal and I'm actually calling around. What I've done is when I before I got here, I asked for a list of students that were you know, I'm not going to say problem kids, but you know that kind of get themselves in a little trouble here and there.
Speaker 1: And your son's name happens to be on the list.
Speaker 2: Name is on that list.
Speaker 11: Yes, I got about I got about thirty five kids that are actually on this list, and your son is actually on the list.
Speaker 1: And you are, mister of Cotton, correct.
Speaker 2: I am mist I mean, are you sure you speaking about my son though?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean there's only there's only one on the list, sir. I'm it's it's it's what's been given to me. And what what I'm doing is calling around to all of the parents of the kids that are on this list and letting you guys know that I'm going to be keeping a closed eye on them as well as letting you know that I'm going to be reinstating corporal punishment here in the school. So so what's that That's actually where if your son gets sent to the office, which is my office, then there will be paddling going on. And opposed to I don't believe in I don't believe in I don't believe in suspension. I believe in you know, if we spank these kids, we can get them back in order. So, sir, here's my thing. I really truly believe that we get back to you know, and I don't mean what I'm about to say to be harsh, but if we get back to beating, we'll get these kids back in order.
Speaker 2: I mean, but I know he had troubled in English, but I don't think that calls for beating.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 11: This has nothing to do with great sir. This has to do with punishment. And what I'm understanding is if your son is on my list, and if your son comes down to my office, I'm gonna take care of it right then and there.
Speaker 2: What if my son come to your offer, You're gonna be on my damn list, Sir.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to get these kids back in order. That's the reason why I've been brought in, and I've replaced the last principle.
Speaker 1: You understand.
Speaker 11: So what I need from you is to get to get a great understanding that if your child comes to my office, corporal punishment will be what he's going to deal with.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll tell you what. Let my son come home and tell me he got some damn corporal punishment, and the next morning me and you're gonna do some corporal punishment.
Speaker 11: Sir, do you want your child in order or do you want to be bailing his butt out of jail at the age of eighteen.
Speaker 6: They gonna be.
Speaker 2: Bailing me out of jail if you put your damn hands on my son.
Speaker 11: Okay, are you taking care of your son? Punishment wise at home?
Speaker 2: You need to my son don't give you no damn trouble.
Speaker 11: Okay, here, here's the problem. Parents not be leaving that their children get in any trouble. That's the first part.
Speaker 2: Well, I got email, I got a phone call. So the first phone call I get is going straight whipping it. Ain't no letter, sit home, ain't no email, sit home saying day it's a problem.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't, sir.
Speaker 11: I'll you know I'm gonna come down here. I'm gonna tell you once again, I am not going to send your son to detention. I'm not gonna call you. I'm gonna take care of my job.
Speaker 2: My job is to make it I'm gonna take care of mine when you take care of your, I'm gonna take care of mine and that protect my son, and you put your hands on him, and we got a problem.
Speaker 11: We're gonna have a problem because nine time. I'm telling you, right now, I'm calling you and giving you the warning. Your son will be dealt with, and you're gonna be dealt with, will be dealt with on a regular basis if needs to be.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get dealt with on a regular But you're gonna get tired of seeing.
Speaker 1: Me, sir. Do I need to actually have corporal punishment with you?
Speaker 2: I tell you what, when you do, when you bring that corporal punishment to me, you better have the police there because they gonna need corporal punishment. They gonna need whatever. Hell they're gonna need to swat team when I get down you put your hands on my son. I know that all them.
Speaker 1: You know what, sir, Maybe maybe maybe the swipper needs to start with you.
Speaker 2: It has matter of fact, what time do you go to lunch? If we can do this in front of the cafeteria and let all the kids see the damn principal, get your damn corporal punishment, sir, Sir.
Speaker 1: I'm not, I'm not. I don't I don't fear you kirsonal.
Speaker 2: You to fan me because I want you to stand there and take your whipping like man. I don't want to chase your around like no little ground in.
Speaker 11: School, Sir, Sir, sir, The bottom line is, corporal punishment is being instated. Your son is gonna abide by it. You're gonna have to accept it.
Speaker 8: Or maybe maybe you need to tell you what you say.
Speaker 2: You got thirty five names on your list, it better be thirty four. Can god name may not be on no corporal punishment list.
Speaker 6: I know that, sir, sir.
Speaker 11: Listen, He's not on a corporal punishment list. He's on a list of kid of kids that act up from time to time.
Speaker 2: My damn son don't act up. My son is a model student. He got a little trouble with English, you know, because his mama a little slow. But that's my dad.
Speaker 3: I did that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know what, Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to.
Speaker 2: The child right now, you're talking to a grown man. And if you put your hands on my son, you gonna see that I'm a grown man. When I come down, man, I'm only wanna put my hands on my damn son.
Speaker 11: Then I guess it's gonna be a lot of kicking circle.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be some kick and you line them up, sistant, principal, Principal, I'll kick the CAFETERI lator, So I come down then, if she got something to say, you're gonna.
Speaker 11: Watch your tone. You understand me, and you're gonna you're gonna take what I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm grown man, I.
Speaker 11: Don't care what you're saying. Everybody's gonna bide. I put chains on the door.
Speaker 2: I make sure Joe Klop putting chains on your name with Lance you Joe Klop.
Speaker 11: I'm mister Lanson, and these kids are gonna abide by what I want, and so are the parents. And damn it, you, mister Cotton, you're gonna have to toughen up and let.
Speaker 9: Me do my damn job.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, then you're gonna do what you got to do today. But when I get down there, you better have the police.
Speaker 1: When I get there, I tell you who else I'm gonna have here.
Speaker 2: If you tell me who you gonna have down there, I'm gonna have.
Speaker 11: Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show, because that's who I am.
Speaker 1: Your co worker Silver, You've got me to break phone.
Speaker 2: Call you what I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna break.
Speaker 3: Get laid on the.
Speaker 2: Kids. Man, I'm looking for my damn kids.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I got one more thing now she missed.
Speaker 2: What's that man?
Speaker 1: What's the baddest radio show in the lane?
Speaker 2: Man? They see morning show? I love y'all.
Speaker 4: Man, All right, thank you Tommy.
Speaker 5: Coming up next, it is asked the c l O our Chief Love Officers, you're listening hard morning show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, Alicia Key's eight year old son stood guard on stage so concer gerers wouldn't throw objects at her. Erica Badu suggests that Beyonce copied her style during the Renaissance tour. And in trending news, Miss Henrietta Lacks family finally settles their lawsuit. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now, it is time to ask the CLO with a Chief Love Officer. Steve Harvey Kyleen in South phil says, my husband took me to his favorite cigar bar and the waitress came to get our drink order. I ordered my usual badka soda. The waitress winked at my husband had said, I already know what you want. My husband was grinning from ear to ear. He thinks I'm stupid? Am I crazy?
Speaker 4: Or is this while to you?
Speaker 1: Now that a wild he go to his favorite cigar bo She say, I already know what you drink because with the wind ordered to.
Speaker 9: Drink all the time in there located wink shirt.
Speaker 1: Now what's what?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody calling you stupid? Well, you know that's what she got out of that. Well, she did it in front of you, you know, just you know she that's how she may come money. She flirts hips exactly, you know, she nice and friendly. I what's what you mad at your husband for? That's that's what your husband took you to his favorite sit you go, He took you there. Ain't nothing happen to why he took it down and he took I swear to God, see right down, man, stay your ass away from all this here. Now, this is my wife going on, you know, man, And it always should be something that a man has that's his, and a woman has that's her. Stay out of hers, she stay out of yours. It don't mean that the person is cheap man. Could you just got to have some me time? He's been going to the cigaret une? Did he carry your ass down there? As soon as he carry you down?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: She ordered your wife you audio drink, and she say I know what you drink, and then ween like I got you. That's all it is, right. She flirt with everybody like that. Did you watch her when she went around everybody else?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, anybody calling you stupid? Yeah, I know what you want. I know what you want and wink at your yea, my stupid ye know what? What's stupid? You see you making something out of nothing that ain't even there?
Speaker 5: Okay, Moving on to Cheyenne and Arlington, Cheyenne says, I was set up on a blind date, but I actually knew the guy and had had a one night stand with him years ago. He didn't remember me, so I didn't bring it up until our third date. He was turned off when I told him it was a one night stand. He said he did and remember me, and he ghosted me.
Speaker 4: What did I do wrong?
Speaker 1: What you're telling foulk? He told y'all truth, truth. We every day I'd have told y'all about just damn truth. Now, shut up your mouth telling everything I have told transparency.
Speaker 9: What's the matter? The truth ain't always the best part.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: First of all, you now he was feeling you because you were on the third day.
Speaker 4: Third day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, See he wasn't feeling you before because it's a one night stand. You ain't heard from the man now for some reason, something about the two of you are different. Maybe there ain't no alcohol involved, and now he feeling you. But now you tell him you was a one night stand. Now he going, Oh, that's what you do. Damn, I didn't know that was you because you seem so different. You should have just left it down. Why y'all always got to tell the damn truth. Yah's stupid.
Speaker 4: Some things you need to do the grave, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Stupid, Shut show, damn mouth. If he don't bring it up, why would you bring it up? Obviously it wasn't a good experience. You never heard from the man again. You on your third date.
Speaker 9: You don't remember.
Speaker 13: Because he didn't remember her, all right. Moving on to Sophia and Walter. Your arms folded all that makes me sick?
Speaker 1: Shoes I told.
Speaker 5: Ahead Sophia and Fort Walton Beach says I'm married to the president of the men's club at our church, and since he got his title, he's been asking me to dress like the first lady of our church. I don't do panty hose and hats. It's too hot for all that. Should I try to respect his wishes.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody putting all that on though?
Speaker 9: That's too much?
Speaker 1: Know, they still sold any Be real with you if you're gonna rock some fish necks or them in the planes or something like that, or you can go some you know, you know, get you some waterfoot I think I think it's called waterfoot. Had them cold designs on the stock going up the back?
Speaker 11: What for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice, right, that little SEXU like that line that go up the back? Oh woman, wear them stocking with that scene in the back. Saw a girl one time with with with with a leaf vine running up the back of her leg and and and let me tell you something, she wasn't really all that, but it did make you wonder where that vine was going though. Yeah, you know, he ain't dressing like men's club. But no, not somewhat man. You know, all that pretense stuff. That's the problem with church. Not everybody want to fake the phone. You know, just be who you are God, and God ain't asked you to wear no penny holes and big hatt it.
Speaker 14: Petty holes and big hats is not in the Bible, all right, So she should just keep doing her thing because her question is should she respect his wishes?
Speaker 1: Well, just going to You know, if you want to wear certain things the church, you can the stuff you don't want to wear, you don't have to. I don't know, I don't you know what is he doing different? He done got this little tight he president of min's But what the men club do it? Suod, that's a dry ass title. Now men's club that don't do nothing. Man, We don't go out. We don't go to cigar lounge. We ain't got no drink night, we don't watch the game and cuss, what a sweet of president of men's club fall man. We don't. Yeah, ya ain't sending out no videos, y'all. Ain't sitting out no funny Instagram clips. You know, boy boy, you see us from right here. Ain't none of that happening at the church. Men's Club kind of like Father's Day there with that man right up, the president of men's club at the church. You see if you're the president of a car club. Yeah, you know, you're the president of motorcycle club.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, you're the captain of the football team.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you know.
Speaker 9: You know you the captain of the softball team. Yeah, the president of men's club at the church.
Speaker 1: What nothing? What do that do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna this evening, We're going into another scription. Yeah. We're going to have brother Button artist going to read twenty third songs.
Speaker 9: We read that last week.
Speaker 7: Thought it all right it.
Speaker 4: Thank you Celo. Coming up at the top of the hour. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 5: Alicia Key's son proved to be a fierce protector of his mom. Amid the rash of concert goers throwing objects at performers while they're on stage. During the Seattle stop of her Keys to the Summer tour, Alicia and Swiss Beach youngest son, Genesis Ali Dean, provided a form of extra security detail. He heard how people have been acting, you know, at these shows lately, his father, Swiss beat said. In a series of Instagram photos of the youngster standing guard by his mother's side during the show. He said my brother. My boy is serious in real life, he said. My boy said, I'm not playing no games on mom stage. He a real serious one. Thank you, Jin, We love you and your protection.
Speaker 4: He didn't care. She was live on stage, so there you go.
Speaker 11: I love it.
Speaker 1: No, throw a drink on, mama. I'm watching now. I know all these songs. I ain't even listening. I'm watching you.
Speaker 7: She was said it right by that piano too.
Speaker 2: Look at I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Switching gears and other news.
Speaker 5: Miss Henrietta Lax a black woman who's given more to medicine than you probably ever realized. Her cells were the first to ever be reproduced in a laboratory, which gave scientists the ability to research and develop vaccines for polio, herpes, leukemia, aids, the coronavirus, Parkinson's, the flu, and more. Her cells have been cited in over eleven thousand scientific papers and are referred to as an quote unparalleled medical legacy. But that legacy happened without anyone's consent. Miss Henrietta, as I mentioned as a black woman, had her cells taken with out her knowledge back in nineteen fifty one, when she.
Speaker 4: Was only thirty one years old. And dying of cancer.
Speaker 5: Tuesday, on what would have been her one hundred and third birthday, Henrietta Lack's family finally settle their case with Thermo Fisher Scientific. They say the biotech company sold and profited off herself without ever asking for their consent. The terms of the settlement are confidential, but both parties released a statement saying they were quote pleased that they were able to resolve the matter.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you recall, but Oprah played her in a movie not too long ago. But yeah, that was very story.
Speaker 5: We don't No, they didn't say, they don't didn't cloth that, but can you imagine?
Speaker 4: Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: That is horrible?
Speaker 9: That is horrible that they did that.
Speaker 1: Well, the testigee, yes, absolutely, you're right, Yeah, shift study.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, a thing. I consent you right, my.
Speaker 9: Damn Texas.
Speaker 1: Asked me.
Speaker 4: Finally.
Speaker 5: In entertainment news, Erica Badu has suggested that Beyonce copied her style as one of her Renaissance Tour costumes. Erica posted a picture of Beyonce rocking a hat with the caption, I guess I'm everyone's stylists favorite chrome mirror hat.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love it. Erica look.
Speaker 5: According to baller Alert, Queen Beat paid homage to Erica on the remix of her song Break My Soul, where Beyonce gave a shout out to Lauren Hill, ROBERTA. Flack and Erica baddu Someone posted a comment to Erica saying, Abe Lincoln rocked at first Erica post laugh emojis K Steve. You know we all call you blue cheese because what because I dressing right, anyone tried to.
Speaker 4: Copy your style or steal your look.
Speaker 9: I mean it was all back in the day.
Speaker 1: If you look at the NBA draft and Michael Jordan and uh and Magic Neim and Jalen Rose and all them cats, they'll tell you they used to sit up and watch the Apollo to see what I was wearing. That's when I was wearing in Barbara Bates suits, and the and the NBA copied that whole look, you know, really, yeah, man, Yeah, ain't no doubt about how you feel.
Speaker 9: I was dope.
Speaker 1: I mean, what was it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't you know.
Speaker 9: I wasn't who I am today. And even if it was what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, everybody wrote them big pants long coach look at all on look at Michael Jordan threw all of the last dance stuff that the show was over, long ties and long jackets.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I remember Michael came to see me at the State Theater in Chicago, set on the front row, and it came up to me, it's a bad jacket, man, I'm gonna get that. He came, Well, you got the money, you can get all this here. This cost me, damn the third of my salary. I bet your ass can get it. Yeah. So, yeah, you know, it was always that and I saw that happening, you know me, and said, oh, water splits in the back of the jacket. We introduced that to the to those vents in the back of the jacket. It's a sad thing when I see it.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: People be coming on family fused, Steve, I got your suit on man stuff, saying that though y'all need to come on down after them pants man and get them square toe gators off and stuff like that. But you know it happens, man.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you good on Family few though you're looking good. I watched it the other night. You're you're a foul fly, Steve. You had this mint green tight Oh I saw that blazer do you remember that episode, did you?
Speaker 1: What is it veil? What is that crushed velvet? What is a racket? I call it the interior of a jewelry box? Okay, you won't to surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny. Yeah, keep up with good work.
Speaker 1: And I did.
Speaker 5: I never got the I never thought that Erica would say that about Beyonce.
Speaker 4: Kind of funny. Well, I guess i'm everybody stylist.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, you know, it wasn't a slam and none of it.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't shoe shade. It was fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun, fun, fun, all right.
Speaker 5: Well, coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, former President Trump has been indicted by a grand jury for a third time.
Speaker 1: What that rack up?
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Well, of course, King to ABC News, former President Donald Trump undertook a criminal scheme to overturn the results of the twenty twenty election. This is the third indictment based by the former president. Prosecutors say the alleged scheme, which they say involved six unnamed co conspirators, including enlisting a slate of so called fake electors targeting several states using the Justice Department to conduct sham election crime investigations, enlisting the vice president to quote alter the election results, and doubling down on false claims as the January sixth riot ensued, all in an effort to subvert democracy and stay in power. We all know about Trump's indictment last month in the Special Counsul's probe into handling of classified materials after leaving office, and his indictment back in April on New York State charges of falsifying business records in connection with a hush money payment made to adult film stars Stormy Daniels. Trump is scheduled to appear in a federal courthouse this afternoon.
Speaker 1: This one on the state level in Georgia has real complications for him because there is a recording of him asking the lead vote official to find eleven hundred votes. He's recorded saying that that's a problem. It would be a major problem for anybody else. Why they have a fear of this man is beyond me and this party man now is starting to splinter because there are some people who are willing to run for president in our position of him, including Pence. Yeah, so.
Speaker 9: Is starting to splinter.
Speaker 1: But somebody has to come out and say, in the Republican Party, we've got to do be able to do better than this.
Speaker 4: No president in the history has indicted.
Speaker 15: This one is three time, and this is your man, this is your candidate possible.
Speaker 1: Just the best pay then you can offer to America and his ignorant Trump supporters.
Speaker 4: They denied the truth. They're in denial.
Speaker 1: But that's what the whole critical race theory is about. They want to deny the truth, they want to deny.
Speaker 4: History, right exactly.
Speaker 1: So you want to remove that so those types of people can not feel guilty or bad about what was done. That's that's crazy, and we cannot let this happen. He's supposed to go to jail if dog, imagine if Barack Obama had been indicted three times.
Speaker 9: What are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: Anybody else? Tim Scott, the little black dude that thinks he's finn be elected by the white folk. She like to you got to cut this out, though, dog, You put your ass on over here with being casting and today how they do all right? Well?
Speaker 5: Coming up us coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour, we'll talk about getting healthy.
Speaker 4: Right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 5: So have you guys seen the latest cover of Men's Health magazine with Method Man, Busta Rhymes, and fifty cent. The magazine is honoring the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop by talking about strength, survival and grit.
Speaker 4: So Steve method Man is tall like you. He's about sixty three, he's fifty one years old, and he's into weightlifting like you.
Speaker 5: Here's a question for you. Why is cold plunging now a part of your workout? Because you do it every day now you've been doing it for quite a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll pass to one hundred mark, so you've done it one hundred times. Tis there's nothing to do with weightlifting. I'm gonna tell you that right now. And I don't lift like Method Man. Do I have jobs. I have a lot of jobs lift because as you get older, you have to lift, because lifting is important. It just keeps you younger, you know, Like, I'm gonna go lift today after the show. I just got of lift.
Speaker 9: You gotta do that.
Speaker 1: But cold plunging, for me, it does several things. First of all, it's invigorating. It it would it heightens my alertness and clarity because anytime you put your body under that type of I don't want to say the wrong word, but it undert any time you put your body under that type of attack and put it in a situation where your body starts to have to save its life, it releases a thing called protein synthesis where everything in your body, your liver, dumps out all of this to screech these chemicals to go to help save your life, you know, and everything rushes to the core to start producing heat to save your life. And that is quite quite an invigorating thing. And in order to save your life, it has to produce heat. To produce heat, your body has to burn brown fat to produce heat. So it has helped me in the fat department quite I've lost sixteen pounds of fat off my body hold so the cold plunging alone, I can do it now, of course I eat right.
Speaker 6: How long do you think you can do?
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 9: One minute?
Speaker 1: It I don't see six at all.
Speaker 9: I do six minutes?
Speaker 4: And why six minutes?
Speaker 9: Because that's why told me to do No?
Speaker 4: Okay, is this just some random number or you know?
Speaker 1: I mean, at one point in time, you can't stay in fifty degree water, just your body won't survive that after a while, and after a while, there's no science that says longer it's better, So you know, along with that, and I think the other thing is just my Elevate You product. To be honest with you, man, I think using that every day has been probably the biggest benefit to me because it's given me the energy to do all these things. And you know, just in case you were wondering about it, the stick packs Elevate You and the gummies are now in Walmart. I mean they in there, Dogger, you ain't even got to now. It ain't no no if you don't see them in your Walmart, because they're in the Walmart down here by my ranch, and they I know, good hell well, if it's down here, it got to be one. You end up in Atlanta and Chicago. Yeah, I know, I nt count them down here. After the Walmart carries the stick packs and you can get the green flavors and the stick packs where you can travel with its easy, no more scooping, take it on the go. And they got the gummies for increase your immune system. The metabolism is really going well in the digestive health. And they're Walmart now. So between those three things that out in corporate. I do some other things too, like I do pay attention very closely to what I eat. But that's been the success of it, man, just a huge part of the success. That's big. That's big. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also wanted to ask Tommy and Jr. About their workout routine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because Tommy's a runner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you slim down quite a bit.
Speaker 2: You want to know.
Speaker 7: My workout is, Yeah, whatelse my wife tells me to do. Yeah, take that trash at Mappa's flows back. Did you call them people down there? Who coming over? Yeah, listen, that's my work out.
Speaker 1: Make that bed up.
Speaker 7: Listen, listen, pull up out for me to cook. I got a bunch of workouts.
Speaker 12: You lose weight by taking meat out the free zom you tell me what, Yeah, to gym.
Speaker 7: Just wait for my phone call, all.
Speaker 5: Right, coming up next to the nephew and today's prank phone call right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is I like taffy but he doesn't. We'll get into that find out what that's all about. In just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call.
Speaker 4: What you got for its neph I.
Speaker 11: Got Frank, Let me ask you. I mean, you know it just crossed my man. I'll be doing these cold plunges. Do you think you could do a six cold pluge? Is that possible?
Speaker 7: Delay fur, It's possible, very possible, But you won't be performing we.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I can promise you you won't be able to do that.
Speaker 11: Right there ain't no way you done, cold plug.
Speaker 1: I can give you my word on that. She might be able to, but you damn sure ain't. Because I'm gonna tell you right now, man, I'm just gonna say he I'm gonna refer to him as he Okay, he runs for cover doing the plunge. He yeah.
Speaker 9: Let me just tell you better list. I think he's a coward. If you ask me, he.
Speaker 1: Retreats.
Speaker 9: That's the best way. I'm a pretty tea boy. He retreats.
Speaker 1: No way, brouh, it's no way in that water you could possibly you can get him, tom boy boy, all right, just ask you just start out as just start out ass all right. Let me get on over here, it's.
Speaker 4: Stupid about something you about something I.
Speaker 11: Knew about it exactly. This right here is neighborhood watch. Neighborhood Why sounds pretty simple? But let's take a listen. Cat dog, if you would.
Speaker 8: Hello, I'm trying to reach Johnny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Johnny. Okay.
Speaker 8: You're the one that be doing the neighborhood watch. You'll be walking your dog doing the neighborhood watches?
Speaker 1: Is that you?
Speaker 2: Who's this is this Johnny? Who is this man? This is pre J? Answer my question?
Speaker 8: Are you Johnny?
Speaker 10: Pull your road your row? I'm Johnny and I do the neighborhood watch. Who was the damn PJ.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty baby?
Speaker 10: Hold on, man, don't calm on my phone, yell at me, charging me up?
Speaker 8: Hey man, only a blue streets over from you. Okay, and you're supposed to be the neighborhood watchman, but that ain't what you're doing now. I don't caught you looking in the window at my wife when I came outside. You was halfway down the street, you and your damn dog for her doing. You ain't watching the neighborhood You looking trying to see him in the window. That's what you're doing.
Speaker 10: Picking some please, I don't look. I do my job, man, I do my neighbors.
Speaker 2: I do my job.
Speaker 10: I do the neighborhood, watch, I make sure people ain't breaking nobody houses. I gotta like, what the hell I want to look at somebody else's like? I got a piece of at home?
Speaker 8: I want? Then you need to stay over looking with people, looking through people. Wonder man, you're supposed to be watching the neighborhood, not watching my wife.
Speaker 10: When you say you live a here, because I lived too.
Speaker 8: Streets, you know what, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you what though, I'll tell you what damn people Tom.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna show you what a damn people Tom is.
Speaker 8: Now I'm gonna show you what.
Speaker 10: Now. I'm gonna start looking through your.
Speaker 8: Window looking at your wife. See he serve another peep, mister Johnny.
Speaker 10: But putting your over here. I want you to look. I want you to look at my damn window.
Speaker 2: Who the hell is this?
Speaker 10: I ain't got time for this, man. I got a job, I got a mortgage, I got kids. I ain't got time for this man. Don't look at a job, man, don't go find a job. I got here job.
Speaker 3: I got a job from when I'm at work.
Speaker 10: You got a job, Yeah, you got a job. Crying like a damn talking about somebody looking at your wife. Ain't nobody looking at your damn wife.
Speaker 8: Man, got a job. But when I'm at world, I'm wondering if y' is back at the home looking through the window at my wife.
Speaker 10: Please talk to my damn house.
Speaker 3: Please, I'm coming later in look through the window, fine and them?
Speaker 10: What the hell you talking about? Calling me telling my people? Ain't just damn white nobody.
Speaker 8: That's what your friend going.
Speaker 10: MAT's no white. You probably ain't got no wife. You're probably married to a damn midget or something.
Speaker 2: The what you talking about? Man?
Speaker 10: Talking about our people at your wife?
Speaker 3: I got a wife, and you was in the wonder.
Speaker 8: Watching the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: But that ain't what.
Speaker 2: I got that.
Speaker 10: Come over here now, sauce, you a round the neighborhood. You three streets whatever, how many streets? Whatever you are for me? Come right now. I stand outside with my dog wishing on your I want you to come by.
Speaker 8: Walking later that night or whatever at that shower the same way you were looking through my one.
Speaker 10: Please just come by, don't wait, just come by now, please, okay?
Speaker 3: With I don't know about right now, I'm working somebody with me.
Speaker 10: You ain't work, brother, I'm getting ready to flow down so I could get ready and tell of my business.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 10: I'm getting ready to go to work again in the day. Man, What the hell are you talking about? Brouh? I got two damn jobs. I got a job to work during the day and at night, and in between I do the neighborhood watch. I'm doing your service. I'm helping your lady. Do I you step up here watching people looking to see if they's looking at your damn watch. Why don't you get you a second job or something?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 10: Whyn't you Google want you with at muster dot com or something? What's the whole wrong with you calling me talking about I'm people at your damn watchy? Don't you ever call me when?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: The hole? Is this anyway? Yeah? Who the holl is this? Because I got some fo you going.
Speaker 2: To tell you who it is.
Speaker 8: This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your wife, Trisha.
Speaker 10: Man, ain't want baby, They ain't right, baby, baby, that ain't right man. You got me man, because I say it ain't nobody go get me on, No prank man, I don't fall Ain't got time of that man, Damn prank Joe.
Speaker 8: Wife told me you do the neighborhood. Watch oh man, she said, you do the neighborhood. You walk, you know, because what you got Rod Waller?
Speaker 3: Yeh know me if I walk.
Speaker 10: That's why I use niggas. I want to be safe, man, just case something happened. I just my rock bellow.
Speaker 2: Then you got me bad?
Speaker 10: Yes, you you got me bad.
Speaker 2: You're good. I'm good, bag.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get it over all.
Speaker 8: Right. Let me ask you this, though, what is the baddest And I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 10: They the Steve Harvey Show.
Speaker 1: And there you have it right now, right there there you have it.
Speaker 4: Play too much? Okay, that's something you know about.
Speaker 1: Do I know about?
Speaker 9: Stupid?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Huh okay, okay, all right now listen check this out.
Speaker 11: They're calling this the Wild and Funny Summer Finale, the Wild and Funny Summer Finale, the Comedy Jam.
Speaker 1: That's what they calling it. The Wild and Funny Summer Finale.
Speaker 11: All right. That would be at the single the Uh in New Orleans Louisiana, hosted by Yours Truly said yeah, yeah, yeah, you got kill Junior boy spades, you got dominant, Yeah, you got Dominique in the billing.
Speaker 1: That's a bad, bad girl right there.
Speaker 11: Honted Roberts boy ignorant, stupid, funny all day every day. You want to catch somebody looking into the wings. All the comedians peeking out, want to see somebody. It is that dog on Tony Robins because you don't know what that boyfriend to do because he's straight stupid. And then you got the legendary Monique headlining and we would be there. That would be the twelfth of August Saturday night, Thinger Theater, New Orleans, Louisiana. Tickets are on sale written now. And then laying in the cut for the nephew as you you know, I keep it laying in the cut Greenville Convention Center. That's Greenville, South Carolina, August the night eighteen beacause I only see it right now. That would be Nephew, Tommy and friends. You know, you know what, you know what we ought to do something in Greenville, South Carolina. See you want to hold up from me and the great just checking with him and let me tell you something. Look, man, see I'm tidy asking me to open. I ain't got nobody follow me. I'll just tell you that right now I can find the.
Speaker 9: Follow me. You know where you will be going to go off to here and rip it.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 5: The debate continues, coming up next Strawberry Letter, the second You are good?
Speaker 4: But is it? Boy? I like tap but he doesn't. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 5: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve Hart Com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 6: It could be yours.
Speaker 1: Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 5: Thank you, nephew. Subject I like taffy but my husband doesn't. Here's Stephen Shirley. I met my husband two years ago and we got married for Valentine's. We met at a nightclub and it's a funny story how we met he was on the dance floor with a very beautiful and curvy woman. I was dancing next to them, and the girl he was dancing with pulled me over to dance between them. She started grinding on me, and he got closer and started grinding on me too. The girl, whose name is Taffy, gave me her cell number and her driver's license. She had game and she knew how to get me to go home with her. She told me to do a screenshot of her license and send it to my best friend so she'd know my where a. That did make me more at ease about going to her house. I followed her home and the guy who's my husband now was right behind me. We did bourbon shots and smoked weed and I was feeling tingly in all the right places. I'm sure you know what happened next. We had a threesome that lasted all night, and by the next morning I was hooked on both of them. He was one of a kind in bed, and she was my first female experience. The guy and I started dating exclusively without Taffy, but I did beg him to have Taffy join us a few times. He would not allow it, so I had to respect his wishes. He also blamed the threesome with Taffy on alcohol, but I was not drunk and I knew.
Speaker 4: Exactly what I was doing.
Speaker 5: I revisited the subject of Taffy joining us for his birthday in August, and he calmly asked me not to ever bring up Taffy to him again. I knew that wasn't the right time to tell him. I've been seeing Taffy since we got mad Am, I supposed to stop seeing Taffy because he doesn't like her. Well, no, you're not supposed to stop seeing Taffy because he doesn't like her. You're supposed to stop seeing Taffy because you're married, and seeing Taffy means that you're having an affair. Okay, that's what that means. It doesn't mean. It doesn't matter whether he likes her or not. If you're seeing her behind his back and you are, then you're cheating on your husband with Tatfy.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: You're having an affair. Your husband doesn't know you've been cheating on him since you were married. You got turned out that crazy night you guys had the threesome, and he said he was drunk that night, and he's over it, and he wants you over it too. He doesn't want you to ever bring her up again.
Speaker 1: He's not with it.
Speaker 4: Don't you see that? You're his wife now and he is not willing to share with you or to share you. So it boils down to this wifey, your husband or Taffy.
Speaker 5: That's pretty much what it is. Can you will you leave Taffy alone for the sake of your marriage? I mean, we know you like Taffy and all that, but it doesn't and it doesn't seem like you can let her go because you're considering telling your husband that you've been seeing her since you guys got married. So do you honestly think he's going to stick around after you tell him? Is this thing with Taffy.
Speaker 4: Worth losing your husband over? That's what you have to decide, Steve.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with you, Shirley. A couple other things I want to add. You know, the subject of this letter is I like Taffy, but my husband don't. Taffy is a cold word. I know Taffy is the name girl, but what do taffy do? What is taffy? Taffy is a sweet form of candy. Taffy is good, Taffy is stretchable, Taffy is chewy, Taffy is sticky. Now y'all met at a night club where y'all was dancing. Now this means you all are older, because they don't do that at clubs no more. They just go to clubs and stand around. My kids when they go to club they ain't no dancing. They're all in there taking selfies, doing shots and standing in different sections. Ain't hardly no dancing at clubs no more. I don't know if you all notice this, but that ain't what they do. So you all have got to be older. If y'all was at a club dancing so much, he was dancing with a beautiful curvy woman. That's another clue that lets you know you old. She was very beautiful and curvy. Okay, you all are grown people. Don't nobody say that. Young people don't use curvey.
Speaker 6: Dick.
Speaker 1: They got other nasty ways of doing it. That's too much for radio, But that ain't what they call them. You was dancing next to him, and the girl pulled you over and danced between them. She started grinding on me, and he got close and started grinding on me too. Then the girl this a part that threw me a little bit, gave you her cell number and her driver's lushing. Oh well, she'd have done this before because I ain't never done that. And I gave a lot of girls my phone number. Hey am I giving you my drivers?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: What this right here? Anyway?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 1: She had game?
Speaker 9: You say she knew how to get me to go home with her? What sell number?
Speaker 1: Drivers lunching? Because if that's it, I'm telling you right now, you know how many men gonna go out here and get fake license printed up.
Speaker 9: If that's all it takes.
Speaker 1: And she told me to do a screenshot of her license and send it to my best friend so she'd know my whereabouts.
Speaker 9: That did make me feel more at easy?
Speaker 1: Girl, what got to be crazy? How to hell it make you feel of? These could have been a fake license, little girl?
Speaker 9: Anyway, we'll be back. I'll tell you what else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hang on, Steve, We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the subject for today's Strawberry letter. I like taffy, but he doesn't. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show all right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is I like Taffy, but he doesn't.
Speaker 1: All right, So she met this couple, met her husband, she's been married a couple of years, at a dance floor. He was dancing with this beautiful curvy woman. The woman saw her, pulled her between and started grinding on her husband started grinding on it. The lady gave her her cell number and her driver's license, told him to come home. You driving home, meet with the girl. You follow home. The guy followed, y'all, who is now your husband?
Speaker 9: He was right behind me.
Speaker 1: Y'all did bourbon shots and smoke weed and was feeling tingly all in the right places.
Speaker 9: Well, okay, well, I'm sure you know what happened next.
Speaker 1: We had a threesome that lasted all night, and by the next morning I was hooked on both of them.
Speaker 9: He was one of a kind in bed. She had She was my first female experience.
Speaker 1: The guy and I started dating exclusively without Taffy. Here we go, just what the letter is about. I like Taffy, but he don't. We started dating exclusively without Taffy, but I did beg him to have Taffy join us A few times he would not allow it, so I had to respect his wishes. He's always blamed the threesome with Taffy on alcohol, and I was not drunk, and I knew exactly what I was doing. I revisited the subject of Taffy joining us for his birthday in August. He calmly asked me, don't ever bring up Taffy again to him, and I knew that wasn't the right time. Tell him, I've been seeing Taffy since we got married. Am I supposed to stop seeing Taffa because he don't like her? Well? Surey made the obvious statement, that's truly true. No, you shouldn't stop seeing taff because Taffan don't life. You're supposed to stop seeing Taffy because you was married now, But all this is out the one that don't even worry about that. We forget about morality here. You accepted that this is the way you're gonna do it, and this is what you're doing. So I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't your answer.
Speaker 1: Your questions, Are you supposed to stop seeing kaffe taff because he don't like her? Well, let me tell you the problem he got with Taffy. He knows something about Taffy. You don't. Here's a word that I could use on the radio and be comfortable. Taffy is whoish. Oh that's a radio. So you just went there with Yeah, Taffy's hoe ish and he that's not what he wants. See, let me tell you what your problem is that your huh no flood.
Speaker 9: Out there ain't got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: One night passing out screen shots of drivers license getting you to go home. You ain't the first woman she took home. You ain't the last, and he know that. See, but he knows something about Taffy.
Speaker 9: You don't. Here's the problem your husband got.
Speaker 1: The reason he don't want to be bothered with Taffy is because he trying to treat you special and you ain't. Your husband actually think he done found something, and now he won't it. Now he's blaming the relationship y'all had on alcohol, which was probably true. Y'all said, y'all doing shots and smoking weed. You knew exactly what you was doing, but you was doing shots and smoking weed. You remember it lasted all night. You was hooked on both of them. After that, he wasn't hooked on her no more.
Speaker 9: He wanted you. See, he know what Tiffany do. He didn't done that before.
Speaker 1: Taffy, he'd have followed her home before. It's a trick move. He already knows. So now he trying to treat you specially, and you ain't. The problem is he don't have what he think he got. He think he got a wife. Now he thene asked you not to bring her up. He'd have told you said for his birthday you wanted to bring up. Now you hit us with the information. I knew that wasn't the right time to tell him. I've been seeing Taffy since we got mad Am. I supposed to stop seeing Taffy because he don't like her. See so the same bot, You're gonna keep seeing Taffy. And when he find out, you're gonna lose your husband, See you won't. You want to do what you want to do. And in this world today, we posed to go along with this, but that ain't cool. See, everybody wants you to accept their lifestyle. But you don't have to listen, folks, you don't have to accept everything you hear today just because somebody want to go along with it. And be this and be that. They are allowed to do that. You're free to make choices as human being. But you ain't got to like that. I ain't gotta like that. You like threesomes and I don't. I ain't gotta like that. Now he done married you, He don't have no idea. You still kicking it with Tiffy, Taffy Tiffany?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 9: What difference do it mean?
Speaker 4: Taffy is not Tiffany?
Speaker 9: But what difference do it mean?
Speaker 1: He don't want her? Bought up no more?
Speaker 9: And you doing her? And you want to know simply?
Speaker 1: Am I supposed to stop seeing Taffy because he don't like her? What do you know of a married man that can ask that question to his wife? Am I supposed to stop seeing these chicks on the side because my wife don't like her?
Speaker 6: Do you know how that?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: That has no possibility of working? So how are we supposed to I don't care what you do. Lady, listen to men. Listen to men. You should have never gotten married. See you don't found your first experience with a female. That's what you want to do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 9: You want to be by?
Speaker 6: Didn't go be bye?
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing wrong with that? Go do you Bye Taffy, but that ain't what's it? Bye Taffy, by you, by your everybody by post.
Speaker 5: Your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM, on Instagram and on Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Download it right now.
Speaker 5: Come up at forty six minutes after the hour, it's Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 4: You're listening Hard Morning show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got Junior, Shirley.
Speaker 7: It's especially day to day Shirley. Oh man, I'm gonna need pimping, hunk.
Speaker 1: Go find pimping for me. Pimp y take nothing, but one way that was quick.
Speaker 9: Pimp man.
Speaker 1: Fall way you know.
Speaker 2: Is in me.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 10: Yeah, what's what's up?
Speaker 6: And pipping man.
Speaker 7: I don't know where you've been, man, but at that time of year.
Speaker 1: Man, we back ain't no sports. We don't on the fall. Yeah, you back to day though, babe, get no baseball. I don't hope you make the announcement bound Houston, so I can tell you I feel about it.
Speaker 6: Pipping man. We got a game to night.
Speaker 7: Pipping the Cleveland Browns and the New York Jacks.
Speaker 6: Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 1: It's too early to care, though, but we gotta this game is so meaning. Listen, I don't even care we getting clothes. Man, I don't even food this thing into the regular season. I don't go preseason because some of them people ain't even gonna.
Speaker 6: Be on the team.
Speaker 7: No, no, they're probably not.
Speaker 6: Now I'm cool.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're excited because I ain't.
Speaker 7: How do you feel about Aaron Rodgers and the New York gyt How you feeling.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a nice move, fan man, getting on up there with all them thoughts. He'd be having, you know, yeah, all that vascination talker, all that on up to New York. You know they want to hear that, and I ain't want to hear them green Bay. I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 9: They listen to all that in New York. He going up there, go to them caves and stuff.
Speaker 1: He be going on them. You know they like all that in New York. They were so sicky as they asked some green Bay talking about going in this cave to think about it for three days, about your ass out the cave and left town.
Speaker 9: I could have told you that in Hawaii.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the King Dak Prestott said, Man, he not gonna throw more than ten interceptions this season for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: You believe that, Pippy?
Speaker 6: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna hand it all? That's a stupid thing to say. Why would you try to creep? Why would you try to accomplish your positive with a negative? Yeah, come on, Pippin, I ain't gonna throw no more than ten. So you think the ten is all right, dude? Depends on when you throw them, Keen. Yeah, you can throw the one at the end of the game.
Speaker 9: For the championship. We gonna hate your answer again.
Speaker 12: Running backs feel like they're not valued in the NFL, Pipping, Well, talk to him about what value be.
Speaker 7: Do you have some value, Pippings?
Speaker 11: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, run the thing. I got the one thing everybody won't. You're gonna hand it to me, and here they came to get it. Man, you got to pay me, pay me or quit handing it to me. Shake it loose, fumble heating me hard man?
Speaker 4: Damn all right, Junior, thank you.
Speaker 5: Coming up at the top of the hour, Steve, somebody needs some social media advice. He says, I stupidly answered when my girlfriend asked how she ranked.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. This is from Lance on Steve Harvey FM.
Speaker 5: Lance says, over the weekend, my girlfriend and I were going at it exceptionally well. Afterwards, she turned to me and said, modestly, I've got to be one of the best you've ever been with. I looked at her, not that she's not phenomenal, but the crazy weekend I spent with the strippers going to be tough to beat. So I actually took some time to think about it, way too long, it turns out.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then for some stupid reason, I said I put you third. Less to say, the rest of the weekend didn't go well, so I want to know how do I clean this mess up. I didn't mean to insult her, but I clearly blinked up.
Speaker 1: Now he ain't stupid. First of all, though, these are the lessons my father taught me about. The best lesson is a baut lesson, meaning the one you pay for Now. You're gonna pay for this because you stoop, because you even said I stupidly said, see bro, when a woman asked you how she rank, and y'all went at it all, and that right there, I've got to be the best.
Speaker 9: You've ever had.
Speaker 1: Girl, you ain't lying the best I've ever had. Now, you can go in your back of your mind. Well except for that time I had that stripple, But now stripple, that stripper is probably excellent because that stripper has had a lot of experience because she ain't just a stripper. That's how you got it, because she stripped stripping as advertising. Not all of them, but there are some who used the stripping as advertising. Once again, not all of them, but some. And you ran into one who strips, and then for extra price, we'll show you what what come down off the pole. And that's what you got. Now while you eve even put her in the conversation with your girl, I have no idea, but you are stupid. There there's no fix in this. You can go back and say, you know what, I was just messing with you, girl, I just wanted to see what your head was. You can tell that lie and try to go from there. No, it's not gonna help. He didn't tell this, He didn't tell her the strip a part. Yeah, no, I know. But what he should have did, though, was he got to go back and say, you know what, I was just messing with you. Yeah, make sure the best I have had. You need to wrap that up in some flowers and something to the best I've ever had, And I wish I had told you the truth. I was just messing with you to see if see what you're saying. It was a horrible mistake. It was the best I've ever had. You gotta start, You gotta go down there or the next time, if there is the next time, you're gonna have to let out some You're gonna have to let out some primal screams or some guttural sounds like.
Speaker 2: What like what.
Speaker 4: Whoa what.
Speaker 10: Did you just do to me?
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to go over the top. Dog, You're gonna have to go over the top. It's gonna have to be guttler and primal.
Speaker 11: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: And when it's over with, you got to lay back and go to sleep with your mouth wide over hand, your head off the head of the bed backward and let your mouth hang open and go to sleep, but be completely naked on top of the covers and have your head.
Speaker 4: Back like she wore him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's the only way you can cover.
Speaker 4: That's the only way. Can I hear that screen one more time?
Speaker 9: That we're not doing that?
Speaker 4: No, Tommy, his come on, Tommy, let's hear your scream.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Never mind, here we scream, never mind, never mind. You guys have no fun.
Speaker 9: No, that would have been way motive fun.
Speaker 4: Oh, look at the time. Look at the time.
Speaker 5: Coming up at about twenty minutes after the hour, we're gonna have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show twenty minutes after the hour.
Speaker 4: Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: So Stephen, Tommy, you guys know that August is National Fishing Month. All right, so we know you both love to fish. Steve, we recently saw a video of Marjorie fishing at your family ranch on the gram.
Speaker 4: So what kind of fish? Tell us about fishing? What kind of fish do you like to catch? All of that?
Speaker 1: Were you proud of Marjorie for more of a variety than me? So go ahead, But you know, I meant to tell you I went fishing in Tampa, man.
Speaker 11: I had fun, but we was catching a fish that supposedly it ain't in season, or you don't keep it snook. We called some what you call snook, and I was like, why in the hen is we catching a fish we can't keep.
Speaker 1: I need fish. I can fry no back. We're just catching and throwing it back.
Speaker 9: This is not fun.
Speaker 1: I want some I can put in my dog on cooler. Yeah, but I got a lot of snook. See what you salt water fish?
Speaker 4: You deep?
Speaker 9: You deep fish?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't do I fresh water fish only. I fish for bass. Every now and then a crop you'll hit the lure, A big croppy might hit it. But I fish for bass. I hunt farm. I look for cover. I look for current change, I look for water temperature or water color. I look for little present town girl. It's dead, said man man man walking about. I'm out here fishing, and I WoT bass, large mouth bass. I got some some hybrid fish or hybrid stripe of bass in my other pond. That's really aggressive.
Speaker 4: But all right, most fascinating. Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rather?
Speaker 5: Right after this you're listening Morning show, it's time for another round of would you rather? Would you rather? A high high grade point average or be the most popular in high school? Which one high grade point average or most popular?
Speaker 1: I wish I had the high grade point There was no chance of me having a high grade point average. Nobody would believed it. I'd have been down at the principal's office for cheating.
Speaker 9: On Hell, will.
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 9: What the hell going on?
Speaker 5: What would you rather look at your spouse's Internet search history? Or would you rather know all about their past relationship?
Speaker 1: I don't give a damn, but none of them. I don't care about neither one. Yeah that I'm here now, I don't give it. Damn. I don't move the needle.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's splip it. Would you would you want your spouse to see your Internet search history? I don't know about your relationship.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 9: You can look on my mine, and you're gonna have a lot of questions for me.
Speaker 2: But I'm.
Speaker 6: What are you over here?
Speaker 1: I'd be googling and stuff you ain't thought about what.
Speaker 7: I'm here to sell a dickory?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 5: Would you rather have spicy food or bland food for all your meals?
Speaker 1: Spice all of them. You better get this spice boy food. You're gonna be able to not eating. It's gotta be low, low, low spicy. I can't. I don't like real hot spicy food. I don't enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Right, well, yeah, all right. Would you rather be stuck for a year with someone who talks to too much? Or someone stuck for a year with someone who talks too little?
Speaker 1: B Yeah? Too little? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You want someone that doesn't say much?
Speaker 9: Yeah too much? Gotta be crazy?
Speaker 4: No talking too much.
Speaker 1: No man wants that at all. Talk too much? No, talk too little? That's perfect, Yes, really perfect?
Speaker 6: You would what's wrong with you?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 7: Hell no, I won't be concerned about nobody. Never said nothing.
Speaker 9: Don't even give a damn.
Speaker 4: There, look pretty?
Speaker 1: He's less close, less talking less. We won't less.
Speaker 4: Would you rather go vegan for life or give up alcohol for life?
Speaker 1: Giving up alcohol? I'm not finna be no vecan what? Okay? What I'm not finna be no vegan?
Speaker 4: You what's wrong, Tommy?
Speaker 1: I can't be no vegan? Right? All right?
Speaker 5: Coming up at forty nine minutes after the hour, our last break of the day, and we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Thursday. It's been a good day, a fun day. You've got fun today, Steve.
Speaker 1: Any words in closing, I want to share something with you. I have a I'm on a group chat with some brothers I went to school with. Man, it's like thirteen of us. We get together a couple times a year, and it's probably my favorite time of the year because I'll get to hang out with some guys and some men who knew me before all of this happened to me. And that's really been a great blessing for me, Man, because I'm able to be myself around these men. I don't have to put on no pretenses. They knew me before all of this. They've seen the changes in me, and they see the similarities in me, and they cool with both of them. Because I developed the saying over my life, I was who I was and I am who I am, and I'm cool with both them. People Now I say it a little bit more graphic when I'm talking to them, but just for the radio, I was who I was and I am who I am, and I'm cool with both them. Blanks and you can put that put that in however you want to. But that's how I said to myself. But we were talking the other day and one of my partners as a pastor, and he sent me this thing called the Seven Rules of Life. And he said, Man, when I listened to your show, Steve, I've heard you say all of these things at one point and time. He said, I just thought i'd send it to you. So for the first time, I have it kind of all like printed out right, the seven Rules of Life, and I'm share them with you right now because they're very, very helpful. And the pastor calls him the seven rules of Life, and he sent them to me. Number one, make peace with your past so it won't disturb your present. I think that's so important for people, man, that you stop allowing who you were, and stop allowing people to come into your life to remind you of.
Speaker 9: Who you were when clearly you've changed and moved on.
Speaker 1: Stop allowing people to hold you to your past mistakes when God has clearly forgiven you, and move on. Man, I get tired of people talking about me. I don't even worry about that no more. What you did, you left this and you walked out of.
Speaker 9: Here and you did this. You don't even know the story.
Speaker 1: Rule Number two, what other people think of you, and I learned this from Bishop Jakes. Number two, what other people think of you is none of your business. And I've often said that what other people think of you as none of your business, nor should you make it yours. It ain't your business what they think of you, because it don't even matter. You'll be so much happy if you could worry about what other people think of you. Number Three. Time heals almost everything. So give it some time. You know, people think when something happens to him it's permanent. It's given some time. I had a friend of mine whose wife's mother passed, and he called me. He said, man, because my mom's still living, I know your mom gone. Do you have any advice for my wife? Because she want to give up? And I was going, well, first of all, would your mother wants you to give up? Which all those of us who have lost our mother, our mother loved us enough where I'm sure our mother will want us to continue and live the best life we could. So you in here talking about giving up because your mama gone. Hold on, man, get his things. Some time. It's called grief. It's hard to deal with, but give it some time because time heals almost everything if you give it time. Number four, no one is in charge of your happiness except you. Stop giving people permission to direct your life and determine who you are that's yours. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Bishop Jakes told me one time. He says, it's not your job to make another person happy, nor should you make it yours, because it's a hard job. It's an impossible job. You can't make another person happy. I've tried it before, trust me, you can't.
Speaker 9: Number five.
Speaker 1: Don't compare your life to others, and don't judge it because you have no idea what their journey is all about. How many times have you been judged by people about your life when they don't even know the story. Somebody asked me one time, They say, man, you always crying every time I see you. You know why I cry when I'm talking about it Because I know the fine print. Y'all saw the headlines. I know the fine print. I know the story. I know the story behind it. I know the context that the story was in. I remember all the pain of it. I remember all the wishing that would change, and now that it's changed, sometime it bring tear to my eyes. So don't compare your life to others, and don't judge them because you ain't got no idea what their journey is all about. Number six, Stop thinking too much. It's all right not to know the answer. Do you know how many times you've talked yourself out of something? And the reason you talk yourself out of something because there's an answer you don't have an answer to it. Because there's a question or a problem you don't have an answer to, And because you don't have an answer, it freezes you because I don't know how that's gonna turn out, or I don't know how that's gonna be. Man, Stop thinking too much. It's all right not to know the answers. You ain't supposed to know what your future holds. You just supposed to live and have the faith that it's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be some problems coming, know that, But you ain't got to sit here and try to figure out what's wrong with tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Last, but not least, the seven rules of life.
Speaker 1: Smile, Smile. You don't own all the problems in the world. Smile because you don't own all the problems in the world. Smile because no matter how bad it's going for you, you better believe it's going way worse for somebody else. Smile. Kirk Franklin wrote a song, you look so much better when you smile anyway. I know it's hard, but man, those are the seven rules of life. Man, I just want to share it with you. That's been a benefit to me. I've known them all, but to see them all in print in front of me meant a lot to me the other day, so I thought i'd shared with you. Y'all have a great day today. Talk to God that they love to hear from you. Okay, y'all, stay in peace with all.
Speaker 10: For all.
Speaker 5: Steve Harvey Contests no purchase necessary, VOIDWAAR prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening shoot Steve Harvey Morning Show