Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa, yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne de God peaks to the planning this Thursday, Yes, it's Thursday. We got some special guests joining us this morning.
Speaker 4: We have the lady from the We talk Back podcast AJ and Tam Bam.
Speaker 3: Good morning ladies.
Speaker 2: Yes we're in the building.
Speaker 5: I'm so exciting, yes, honey, yeah, how ya feel great?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 1: It's a nice Thursday morning, firstday school. You know what I mean. We talked back podcasts. You listen to them on the Black fect iHeart Radio podcast network. You know. Happy to have you all in here this morning.
Speaker 2: Happy to be here this morning.
Speaker 1: That a woman's perspective. The last two days, it's been a lot of sausage in this huh, in this room Willie D co hosted the last couple of days. A lot of sausage. It was me, It was me envying Willie D. That's right.
Speaker 3: Yes, how y'all feeling early the morning.
Speaker 2: For y'all, it's very early, it is.
Speaker 5: I feel good though, good, Yeah, you're real good?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm half sleepy but I'm awake a little bit.
Speaker 4: So for people that don't know who you guys are, who are you all? Where y'all from? And talk a little bit about the podcast so they.
Speaker 7: Know I'm a j holiday from Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 5: And the real Charleston.
Speaker 1: Yeah we do.
Speaker 7: We talk about podcasts, A show dedicated to you and you.
Speaker 8: And I'm Tam Bam. Y'all are from Columbia, South Carolina. Columbia. Stand up, South Carolina, everybody stand up? Yeah, we talk back. We talk about relationships, careers, love, all the good things that women will talk about in the hair salon. So imagine that, all right, Yeah, well let's get actually a headdresser.
Speaker 2: I am right, right, So if somebody knows.
Speaker 1: What they talk about in the hairslon, right, she would know.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, They'll be giving a lot of bad advice in the salona.
Speaker 8: Now good bad advice, good advice, like you can take it or you don't have to. You know, like if your relationship sucks, I might. I'm not going to any woman leave your relationship because that's just not my place. But I will give you some advice to navigate, to navigate leaving, no, just to navigate your relationships. I'm never going to say leave your man to any woman. Never would you up.
Speaker 1: Physically physically abusive.
Speaker 2: But outside of that, nothing.
Speaker 1: Else, not even would y'all tell someone Walker to leave me even though he was just being a good, smarty and helping a young lady with her girl.
Speaker 8: But okay, let me tell you actual send me that video talking about is this you that looked like you?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 1: Is that you?
Speaker 2: First of all, I don't know how you.
Speaker 3: Know it was?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 10: Was that?
Speaker 11: Was that? M report see how it looks like me?
Speaker 1: But your legs? What did you? What did you promise the nable to record it on the ring hand?
Speaker 4: That was not me?
Speaker 2: Stopped playing Wow Tam bam.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we got some special guest joining us in a little bit ghetto gastro. Those are three brothers from the Bronx.
Speaker 1: Listen. I always say the craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all the Florida these three yard exception. Okay, they might be.
Speaker 3: Crazy, it's crazy, right, they're just smart crazy.
Speaker 1: They got a line of breakfast products in stores, not just breakfast products, appliance as well in Target right now as we speak.
Speaker 4: That's right, so we'renna kick it with the ghetto gastro and then we got front page dues.
Speaker 3: Next testling figure O will be joining us.
Speaker 1: It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: On be eating bring everybody is dj n V charlemagnea god.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: You got our special guests with us from the We Talk Back podcast, AJ and Tam Bam, And let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Teslam, figure.
Speaker 12: Out, Good morning, DJ Envy, Good morning to my beautiful sisters, AJ and Tambam. In the building, the fineness, all the fineness in the building, it's Charlemagne, the God in.
Speaker 1: That fineness too.
Speaker 4: You turn your headphones up, Yes, your head phones, ladies getting in headphone.
Speaker 1: You see them?
Speaker 3: Nick, you want to help them?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh not though Nicholson got okay, they're good now all right, well let's jump right into it. Let's talk about these movie extras. Worry that AI is gonna replace them?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 12: What in the clone tyrone is going on with this? After four weeks of working as a background actor on the Disney Plus series WandaVision, Alexandria Rubacaba was told by the production crew to report to a tractor trailer. Now, dozens of other background workers were told to go to the same site. Then one by one they were told to step in front of a series of cameras on metal rigs behind glass. They said the actors were told to look this way, look that way, use your scared face, use your surprise face, and other physical gestures as their bodies were scanned for about fifteen minutes, and then their digital.
Speaker 14: Replicas were created.
Speaker 12: The actors said they were never told how or if their digital avatar would be used on screen. If it is used, they may not ever know and they definitely won't see a payment for it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 12: Typically she earns about one hundred and eighty seven dollars a day as a background actor. She did not get permission for the replica. She also mentioned concern that it may be used in a scene that she doesn't approve of. So, as we know, digital likeness protection is one of the things that the actors are asking for on the strike.
Speaker 1: That's gonna happen regardless, especially with the extras, you know what I mean, because they don't want to spend extra money, you know, playing the extras, So if they can cut costs somewhere, the actors might get what they supposed to get in the extres, get what they're supposed to get, but.
Speaker 4: Not there because you think about a lot of the time the extras is just even walking by certain scenes, they're walking down the city street, or you know, just happen to be in the mall, you know, being in the back somewhere, and they're gonna scan all them.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand why Hollywood studios would want that, because I'm the type of person that knowiced stuff like that. I'll notice I got the same people that was in that movie, and they was just in that scene.
Speaker 7: You know, there's a movie like that, it's called The Congress, and the main actress she signs up were her lawyer suggesting to her to sign their likeness of it. Essentially, you can't get paid this X amount of money. But what we see right now actually happens.
Speaker 5: It came out in twenty nineteen. I think the Congress, go check it out.
Speaker 8: But what's scary about that is that it's just movies right now. But what if you're an extra in the video for a crime, you know what, you know, like they put you in a video, Like it's movies right now. But it becomes it can become real life, right, and now they're adding you to some video for a crime and changing your face on somebody else's body.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but see the thing about this show.
Speaker 12: I definitely see how they can cut costs with the extras, but if they go into negotiation on digital likeness, it's not gonna be digital likeness just for the extras. It's digital likeness as well, you know, for actors you know who also you know, maybe in the movie, so they're not If they do that, protection is gonna apply to everybody. So what I mean, you know, what's your thoughts on that? What about if they start doing that with co stars and you know all other thoughts.
Speaker 1: Totally against that. I mean, that's one of the I'm part of the w g A you know answer, And that's one of the things that's one of the biggest points of contentions, Like I'm totally against you know, them being able to use your likeness for perpetuity because when they say perpetuity, it's really gonna be perpetuity now because we're gonna buy Long Gone and being movies thirty years old in exactly. But they can do that with all voices here on the radio soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm really surprised that they just haven't created people like you know, like you look at just put it together, just put them together, and it's they don't have to pay.
Speaker 7: These people don't exist dot com check it out because you can keep hitting and refreshed and it changes the person and they don't really exist.
Speaker 4: It's coming and that way you don't have to pay anybody. You don't have to get anybody's likeness. You just put three four people together their features and nobody will ever know it's actually them.
Speaker 1: I told you this month ago about the it's coming, Like you're gonna it's gonna be a point where you're gonna hear you know, audio that is not the person. You're gonna see videos, and it's gonna be deep fixed and you're gonna really think, oh man, Charlamagne said that. And by the time you realize it's.
Speaker 15: Not me.
Speaker 1: And done, you're already out into the world, right you know, all right, Well that is front page two dollars. Yeah right, that's what I say about all my old content. Now that's all there, it all.
Speaker 3: Get on your chest eight.
Speaker 4: Hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone line to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait up, whether you're.
Speaker 1: Mad or blast, time to get up and get something? Call him now.
Speaker 16: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 12: This is James.
Speaker 3: Hey James, what I get you off your chest?
Speaker 17: Bro?
Speaker 1: James?
Speaker 17: Yo?
Speaker 18: Every man?
Speaker 13: Have you checked up that new documentary on Paramount Plus called Mixtape?
Speaker 19: I have not, Uh, you're big only.
Speaker 18: Clues on there? Man?
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 13: They talked they gonna lay back and talk about all the old mixtapes or whatnot. They mentioned a lot of DJs. Uh, I didn't see them mentioned DJ's juice or dirty areas.
Speaker 1: Harry fire Man damn dirty.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was gonna as, is there any way possible to find like those own tapes of that's being converted to CD or something?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 13: Because I remember Cuminati too was off.
Speaker 19: It was off the chain.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Now I don't I don't know who sells mixtapes anymore, but I was actually it was funny you said that me and Clue was talking and I think we're gonna do an actual a documentary on mixtapes, and I think we're gonna do it the right way. I just think it comes out better when you actually talk to DJs that's actually been through it, lived it, Uh, talked to some of the bootleggers that were really important in pushing it and burning it, from Burkina to and some of the major stores, the Solar mixtapes. I mean, when you talk about mixtapes, there's so many different eraors, like you said, from so many different areas, whether it's it's juice and screw and you know, Dirty Harry like you said, and of course Clue and Drama and so many different people. I just think it'll come from different eyes and to see what we really had to deal with and how we were getting exclusives and doing mixes and the original origin from it.
Speaker 3: So I think that, you know, I think, I think me Andre gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to knock the mix tape Tony touch with the producer on that. I didn't say, ye, Tony touch with the produce on that, but yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: Not the first person that told me that there was a lot missed on that one.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 20: Savannah Georgia calling?
Speaker 21: I want to give a shout out to own sid Yeah. I just want to give a shout out to all the teachers going back to school today.
Speaker 17: That could be all the first two teachers.
Speaker 1: School start back already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Atlanta started I think yesterday.
Speaker 1: This or ear this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to the teachers.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, shout out to the teachers.
Speaker 1: Go back to another month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our kids don't go back into September, but yeah, most I think in Atlanta they started early this week and they started. It's different areas for I mean, different times for different places, which is confusing to me because he's usually after Labor Day, That's what I thought it was usually.
Speaker 2: He used to be.
Speaker 5: No, they got some raises for those teachers this year, you know, Yeah, that would be nice.
Speaker 1: Across the country, teachers are criminally underpaid, you know, forever badly.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 13: Brother?
Speaker 1: Your chesty man?
Speaker 13: I just want to cut the air about the best round that first off, Charlemagne watch out man saidn't get rid of us when you encouraged the studios to get rid of by that. I never.
Speaker 1: Said that. Not once did Charlamagne say, get rid of the background actors. That's why they need to get rid of you.
Speaker 13: I'm the type of person that learnersuits with actors are in different teams.
Speaker 1: When you start saying, my brother, that means I'm on your side. I said, why would the Hollywood studios want that when I'm the type of person that notices that stuff. I said that, sir, they didn't want to be so bad. I say, now, you know, apologize to me right now.
Speaker 3: Don't apologize. You might as well just keepologizing to.
Speaker 1: Me right And I heard it wrong.
Speaker 13: It was you got you got a messy clear. It wasn't clear. A lot of times you got clear. Man.
Speaker 1: I was very clear because I said, why would the Hollywood studios want to do that when I'm the type of person that notices the extras.
Speaker 3: He's shoo, he's not Charlamage is not cleaned.
Speaker 13: Sometimes they're not man backround, not extra.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what's so funny? Right before the show started, I said, man, I noticed that some and I said, some breakfast club listeners ain't the brightest. Did I say that was not just talking about that before we started you talking about Ken because I was talking about yesterday with a lot of times. Man, Okay, we're just talking about perception. Okay, but what the point of this phone calls her Ken?
Speaker 2: Ken?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 13: Men? Hung up on that?
Speaker 3: Man a man, get chest five a five one oh five.
Speaker 1: If you need to be here, this up now. It's the breakfast club in the morning.
Speaker 16: The breakfast club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest? Five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 10: Hello, who is this?
Speaker 18: What's going on? This job?
Speaker 1: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 3: Get off your chest?
Speaker 18: Hey, I ain't really have nothing to get off myself. I just want to speak on the AI thing that I was talking about. Man, I don't know if y'all hit the Black Mirrors.
Speaker 1: So a Black Mary had.
Speaker 18: An episode was awful. That was basically yeah, yeah, you hear. And that ain't the first time Black Mirrors that made an episode that came to fruition.
Speaker 1: So I just want to hit everybody on this episode is awful and what happened jan is awful.
Speaker 18: Well, basically, they took her, they took her face and put her in like this movie about her own life, but she wasn't the actor in it. It was like aim.
Speaker 1: So they had her doing a whole.
Speaker 18: Bunch of stuff that she never even did, have her looking crazy.
Speaker 1: She ended up getting fired from.
Speaker 18: Her job, breaking up with her boyfriend and everything.
Speaker 1: I can see all of that happening. I already had these conversations with y'all. Remember, Remember I was saying, imagine you driving into work and you hear somebody calls you and says, hey, Tam bam aj talking about you, and they let you hear something that ain't you, and you and you about to see her in five minutes, and so you walk into the room. Now y'all beefing. Y'all even know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 2: I heard what.
Speaker 15: This?
Speaker 18: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: My name is Clarens.
Speaker 19: I'm out of Orlando, Florida, and I basically want to give a shout out to my company. It's a black owned business. Sc sure three sixty icons, that's three sixty icons with a see I need to follow us on all platforms, three sixty icons underscore. And I wanted to get with you as well, DJ, because I wanted to see if I could, you know, come host of car short. So I got an amazing setup. When you step on my platform, it feels like you're stepping on All star Red Carver. Maybe I can check us out on three sixty icons, the three Strecht underscore icon, Instagram, Facebook, all platforms.
Speaker 3: All right, well, just email me DJ and becus shore at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: And you said you the Black owned LLC.
Speaker 19: Yes, served, Black owned out of Ortlanta, Florida. We cover in a lot of errors and we've been doing real good.
Speaker 1: Have been a little bit over a year now.
Speaker 19: I'm excited, man. So I just wanted to put that word out, you know, let it right here, a three sixty icon? What is a totable company? DJ services, catering services, I'm decorating services, you name it. We got it all and we and we we strived for perfection.
Speaker 1: Okay, bro, well that sounds like one of them. PvP. I guess you do like party I got one of those.
Speaker 4: Because he said he got three sixty boves, he got like all types of touch things for parties.
Speaker 3: I guess he does like party rentals and.
Speaker 1: All right, hopefully cars.
Speaker 4: He does it scamming Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one on five and if you need to, you can hit us up now. Now when we come back, we got to talk more Lizzo. She was in the news like crazy yesterday. We'll get into it Nexus the Breakfast Club the morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, Tammy was the girl. H that was not video. Man, that's crazy, not me.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's a compliments.
Speaker 2: But if somebody want to deliver some groceries, they can, But that wasn't me.
Speaker 1: It's the World's most Dangerous Morning to show the Breakfast Club Charlamagne and the God DJ Nvy. I don't know why MV just got up and walked away when the break started. But we have our guest co host today, AJ and tam banthfam that we talked back podcasts. Hey, we're about to talk Lizzo and the rumor report.
Speaker 3: Name or you gossip?
Speaker 13: You chatting?
Speaker 1: This is the rumor Report.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: This is where the tea.
Speaker 11: Spells right right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So for people that don't know, when I have to do the rumor report, they give me the rumors. So when they give it to me ten seconds before and I don't I want to make sure I get the stories correct, especially when we're talking.
Speaker 1: About a lot. Oh you complain about the producers right now? Yes, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: Now we know Lizzo's being sued for sexual harassment and promoting a hostile work environment. Yesterday, you don't ever put the weight shament on there, and that's hostile work environment.
Speaker 1: I guess I like the word weight shaming. I just liked the headline Lizzo, you know, the weight shaming. There's a lot of comedy in that will continue well.
Speaker 4: Also, yesterday allegedly she pressured one dancer to touch a nude performer at Amsterdam club. Now to it to day to spoke out yesterday, I thought they spoke out on TMZ, but and she has it, says CBS.
Speaker 1: News or maybe a CBS News too. I saw him on TMZ with a Harvey and Charles, even though Harvey doesn't think we like him. But I was watching TMZ right. Well, this is what she said yesterday on the news is the reason that.
Speaker 22: We were that I specifically was pressured to touch a new performer. She singled me out at the club that I didn't want to be at, but was told I couldn't really back out since I already said I was going before I knew what it really was. Once I had time to ans Noel Rodriguez also, we figured out what it was and we're like, okay, maybe we should not go. You know, this is a little weird. We went, We stayed in the corner. We talked to each other the whole time. We tried to ignore, you know, what was happening. Lizzo kind of saw me single me out. She was kind of going around like inviting people to touch the new performers, and you know, started a chance. She was like, oh, it's turn to do it, and I was like, no, I'm okay. I had to do it because I couldn't like get out of that situation. So I briefly, you know, touched.
Speaker 1: You know, this little case is interesting because one important lesson to learn from this is your employees are not your friends, correct, right, And there is things you do with your friends that you don't do with your employees. Because when I'm reading this case, when I'm hearing this story, I'm just hearing typical big girl with the script club behavior. Big girl at the script club be so much fun, So I can see this whole scenario. Touch your breast, touch your breast, and if the person doesn't want to do it and you forced them to because of the power dynamic or you being their boss and then being an employee, that's what the problems happened. Yeah, totally agree.
Speaker 4: And also I know people are expecting Lizo to say something, but when things hit court, usually your attorney tells you don't say anything. They tell you to leave it, you know, in court, and then after the court is done, then you could worry about your you know, court a public opinion. But they always tell you to make sure that you make sure that your court concerns are the most important. And I'm dealing with the same thing because I'm being sued as well, and I can't say anything because by attorney tells me I can't say anything into the court case.
Speaker 1: You trying to make somebody touches on? No, trying to make my eating banana she was doing. Oh I heard about this. I heard what was happening. Yes, you say you were selling rotten bananas and saying it was fresh.
Speaker 4: I was trying to say whatever you want to call it, but that's how you got It's not a rashed it's actually a birthmark.
Speaker 1: I had it since I was born, ma'am. But no, but people don't understand that though the general public does not understand that.
Speaker 4: No, when you are being sued, if any good attorney will tell you, don't say anything because anything that you can say, good at bad can be used against you.
Speaker 1: They can.
Speaker 4: You know, that's what your words or whatever it may be. So you're always told not to say anything until your court case is over. And then when your court case is over, I'm gonna run around naked with the court case stamp to my ass till everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna let you do that.
Speaker 8: But Charlamagne, you said the word force. This is these are grown women, right, they made a choice.
Speaker 3: But when it's a power that.
Speaker 2: Force, she still has a mind of her own as a grown woman.
Speaker 5: And know it's a complete statement.
Speaker 2: No girl and eat bananas.
Speaker 5: I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Banana's a great choice. I can't say that. Yesterday you club, you'd be a wing of some fries or something.
Speaker 3: But it was a show.
Speaker 23: I might have did it.
Speaker 3: If living Papa was hanging out, the vaginity might have happened.
Speaker 1: You need to go work with little you can friends and employe. But you know, what this way the kids is interesting too, because you know, we talked about this a little yesterday. We live in the world where men have lost everything for way less, So it's gonna be interesting to see how these folks handle little. Will she be extended great? And if so, how come that grace isn't extended to others, particularly men? You know what I mean? Like she's she's been a mascot for wokeness. Thence she's been out right. She checks off so many boxes. He's a face for body positivity before her size, she's a woman, she's black, and now she's deemed toxic. So I can't wait to see our corporate America reacts.
Speaker 5: I think women get to skate a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's gonna be commercial.
Speaker 5: Yeah when you think about.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 3: Also we're talking about Buster to rhymes.
Speaker 4: Now, you know, everybody wanted to know what you know, what is by Bust's weight loss journey? And did you know that it was a post sex asthma attack, which interesting. Yeah, he was having sex with his now ex wife and uh he was having a hard time breathing, so she uh so he got up and walked out of the bedroom so she wouldn't panic. Seeing me trying to keep myself calm, and because of that asthma attack, he started to, you know, figure out he had to get in the gym and start losing weight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because our stomach on your chest, like especially laying down. That's why people who know her a lot.
Speaker 2: Don't look at me.
Speaker 1: So Luthor buss and buzz Man, and you know, think about buzzing, Like when he's going through something like that, you probably don't know if he's just doing ad libs or if he's really like going through something because he's always making noises, you know what I mean. He's always making like noises, so you wouldn't know if he's really going through something.
Speaker 4: But he said his ex wife at the time, she was like, yo, this is not who I fell in love with. She didn't know what happened outside, but she was like she was looking at my body and the weight. She was like, you got you gotta lose this weight. This breathing is scaring me. When I met you, it was like a musclehead, but you were slim, you was cut, you had your ish right. I need you to get back to who I fell in love with, and you know, I want you to be healthy that.
Speaker 1: What if Liz was talking to one of her workers like that, that'd be considered I'm serious, he considered a hostile work environment. That sounds like positive words to me.
Speaker 5: When you started working here, say that you can't.
Speaker 1: Be bigger than me. I hate y'all.
Speaker 3: And that is your rumor report.
Speaker 4: Now when we come back, we got Front page News with Tessela's figure out, so don't move. We got, of course AJ and tam Bam here that from the We Talk Back podcast. It's the Breakfast like good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Your mornings will never be the same. With audio titles on business, fitness, motivation, and more, Audible keeps your imagination pumped and ready to hit new goals. Check out all the audiobooks, podcasts, and originals you could want, and sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody. It's dj n V charlamagnea God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: We have the ladies of We Talked Back podcasts, AJ and tam Bam and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Welcome back testing.
Speaker 14: Yes, good morning, DJ Envy, Good morning, AJ and Tam Bam.
Speaker 12: Double fine, Double fine, yes, and Charlemagne the God, the finest of them all.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Test. I don't like that test, you just missed the finest. But I don't need to hate. Don't need to hate, sir.
Speaker 4: Now, let's talk about these uh this woman that escaped the kidnappers sell in Oregon.
Speaker 14: Oh man, this is a wow story.
Speaker 12: A woman who was adopted from Seattle escaped a cinder block sale in a man's garage and Oregon, and now authorities are looking for more potential victims across multiple states. So let's listen to the police and how they described how she was able to escape, and I'll give you some more information on the other side.
Speaker 15: On the day in question, our investigators and make contact with the victim, and what happened was is we learned that she was from Seattle, Washington, and that she had been abducted up there. She had been the suspect had transported her down to Klamath Falls, Oregon, which is probably about a seven hour drive from Seattle, give or take, and during that time she was also sexually assaulted. Also, during that time, she was taken to a residence in Klamath Falls, Oregon, where there was a makeshift sale if you will. And he had actually locked her in there for a couple hours at least until she realized that she needed to get out of that residence because her life was in danger, and she took to substantial steps to force her way out of that cell, and then she ran out into public flag down the first vehicle she could find, and then she was taken to safety.
Speaker 1: Then nine to one one was called. And then when we responded to help her, didn't you the guy?
Speaker 12: Yes, they did, a twenty nine year old Nagazi Zooberry. He posed as an undercover police officer. That's how he abducted her, and he was arrested and federally charged with interstate kidnapping, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted. Now authorities say that he's been linked to several sexual assaults in at least four more states, so they're searching for potential victims, possibly including California, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Utah, Florida, New York, New Jersey, alabamaa Nevada. And what I just wanted to add on what I just found so amazing about the story. She banged against the door, She bloodied her hands until she was managed to open it, but like she broke the door off, ripped a metal screen off of it, crawled out.
Speaker 14: She had a lot of larcerations on her knuckles from punching the bricks. Then she retrieved his.
Speaker 12: Gun that belonged to him and escaped and jumped over a fence and flagged down the driver.
Speaker 14: So this is a hell of a story. I wonder are they gonna make a movie out of this one?
Speaker 1: God bless that sister. So he wasn't part of those like large human trafficking ring or nothing. He was just doing this for his own individuals seek.
Speaker 12: We don't know, you know, right now, they just have him, and they're thinking that it may be more to it because you know how she was picked up. Apparently this is allegedly she must have been a prostitute, is what they're saying. I don't want to say that for certain, but that's what they're you know, reporting here is alleged and so apparently he pretended to be arresting her. So this is again when we talk about people who you know, we talked about the missing cases.
Speaker 14: You know obviously what happened with Carl Russell.
Speaker 12: These are the type of cases where women go missing because you know, whatever it is that they're doing that they just don't get found. You know, people who are living this type of lifestyle are still human beings and still people. So the only reason why we know about this is because she escaped. Who anybody would have reported her missing? Is what I'm asking you know, if something, you know, if she didn't escape.
Speaker 1: No, probably not, because they probably used to her being gone for you know, days.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, right now, let's talk about burnout, low pay and politics are driving away teachers.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you guys talked about teachers during Get It Off Your Chests, and I just happen to have a teacher story. State reports show that teachers are leaving jobs and growing numbers. The turnover, in some cases is highest among teachers of color. The reasons the teachers are leaving to do the stress from pandemic air, burnout, low pei, as you guys mentioned earlier, and the intrusion of politics in the classroom. But the burdens can be heavier in schools with high poverty of communities, which obviously have higher numbers of teachers of color. Now, Philadelphia City, with one of the highest concentrations of black residents, in the US say that the black teachers have been sliding down. Two decades ago, it was about one third. Last fall, it fell to below twenty three percent. Nationally, eighty percent of American public school teachers are white, even though the majority of students are not white, and researchers say that teachers who reflect the race of their students is important to provide students with role models who have insight into their culture and life experience. So it's also I want to make a point that black and Hispanic teachers are more likely to be uncertified or teaching in an underfunded district, and that all plays a part into you know, teachers getting out of this profession. And before I throw it, tals it to you guys, we just had a really great conversation about this school choice versus public schools with doctor Steve Perry who you guys know, and Gary Chambers. I got Gary Chambers and they had a heated debate on my show about this and we pointed out all of these issues.
Speaker 14: So this is a real thing.
Speaker 1: To doctor Steve Perry, Man, the only thing I got to say is pay all educated. You know, my mother was a public school teacher for thirty plus years in the Berkeley County school System in South Carolina. So you know, you have to have a love for teaching and a love for kids to do that job. But sadly you can't eat no love, man, you know what I mean. You got to pay these teachers, do you? Teachers get paid so low? Like my mom said, the most you ever made was like thirty thousand dollars at one morning. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: You know, catch your charge for that. Man.
Speaker 24: If they're selling us little dope on the side, doctor is slinging it.
Speaker 19: Why not?
Speaker 1: Also, you know what's awful that a teacher would have to result to that you would't have to if you find, oh my god, that some teachers come up with.
Speaker 8: Your students are bad too, like these middle school and high school I can element's definitely bad. But it's hard to deal with these kids. I've seen videos of the students jumping on the teacher.
Speaker 7: Y'all bead thousand dollars, that's the thing we put so we put children on the pedestal that adults.
Speaker 5: These children have half the life experiences of adults.
Speaker 8: When I was in middle school, I would not talk to my teachers, know because it starts at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awful.
Speaker 3: Our teachers back then would probably put hands on us what they could back they could.
Speaker 1: And right though, because I was having a conversation recently with somebody and I was telling them about opening up a daycare in my hometown amongst corner because I was corner growing so much. And the person said to me, no, because I don't want to deal with the parents, right, she said, I don't want to I don't want to deal with these kids parents. She was like, the parents, ridiculous. Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 14: I subbed for seventh grade.
Speaker 12: Uh and if you you got to walk in, let them know, it's some sight like you have to deal with a totally different you know, letting them know, hey, y'all touched me.
Speaker 14: Were making national news. We're picking up chalkboards, chairs, whatever. You know, once you once you get it straight, you know.
Speaker 12: Because I'm normally subbing in schools that don't have the help that they need. I subbed one time for about six months because they had had a fight with the teacher. So I was the next one in line, and I had to come in day one saying, hey, I'm telling you right now, you touch me is just going down. So once you do that, then they fall in love with you, and then you you know, you're able to kind of get the job done. But it is very hard to deal with these students. But again, you have to have a love for it, and the being paid well helps you have the love for it a little bit more.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, that is front page news. Now when we come back, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 1: Aj and Tan Band was touched by this story. Yeah, the story is Costco employee.
Speaker 4: Now, this Costco employee says that her manager body shamed her over her work attire. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Is this a regular thing women go through? That your body shape makes your attire look inappropriate? Of course, because our culture, our women are more thicker, usually.
Speaker 7: Exactly black women. Black girls are just looked that different. We look different in our clothes. So the white girls can wear leggings to school short oftentimes black girls can't.
Speaker 1: Right, what is the question, Is this a regular thing that women go through?
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about it. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. It's the breakfast club of morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 16: Its topic time called eight hundred five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 4: Club mourning everybody in cj Envy Charlamagne the guide. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you just join us, we're talking about an incident that we've seen happen at Costco. I guess a lady was body shamed because of the way that she looked in attire, and her coworkers might not have looked the same way.
Speaker 3: Right now, we're asking eight hundred five.
Speaker 1: Eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: We're just talking about our culture and the fact that you know, usually our women are more thicker black women, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: So is this a regular thing women go through that your body shape makes your tire look inappropriate? We got aj and Tam Bam from the We Talked Back podcasting.
Speaker 7: Hell, that's a question, Larry absolutely man. We've been going through our whole lives for real, in a real way. I think women of other ethnicities get away with a lot more. I think Black women and.
Speaker 5: Girls are over sexualized from.
Speaker 7: A very young age. So it is a real thing, and a lot of the disrespect come from other women now, So I deal. I dealt with that in a corporate setting. You know, my clothes might look a little better on me, may not be inappropriate. But and this was coming from other women, though black women, in particular, bigger black women.
Speaker 1: In this morning, I saw the sanitation workers losing their mind. They looking good girl early in the morning in New York. But that's just jealousy though, right the other women, the women they see you come into corporate workplace. You might have on the same dress that they have, on the same outfit that they have on, but because of your body shape, they probably just feel jealous, are intimidated. Yeah, you know. One of another producer of Iour said she used to deal with that in school. So I guess there was a uniform that she had to wear.
Speaker 4: And she said that, you know, when she was younger, she was a lot thinner up top and bigger on the bottom. And when she wore the uniform that the other girls didn't have a problem, but one teacher pulled it to the side. It was like, you can't wear that, and she was like, this is the uniform. I can't wear anything else where. They actually took her to the principal. She said, thank god, the principle was black and was like, no, this is her body, she can do it. And she was like the white teacher made a big fuss about it, like there's boys in there, this bois but.
Speaker 3: She was like, this is my body.
Speaker 1: White teacher ain't got no ass. That's just jealousy. The white teacher ain't got no hips. That's just jealousy.
Speaker 5: And her husban the on whatever the porn site ws.
Speaker 8: You know, women are made very conscious of their body from very young. I remember my mom would tell me a story when I was little and they were like, she's too big to be in a panther. Still, well, you need to take her out of paper. She's like that, ain't no pamp I don't know, no, maybe not. Maybe I just looked like I had one.
Speaker 1: I wear I what you said.
Speaker 3: He was saying, you were in a panther now, But but you saying that it looks like you had a papa.
Speaker 2: Like I had a pamper on.
Speaker 1: It was like the bomb Square, We had a homeboy, Like do y'all know Dre?
Speaker 2: What Dre?
Speaker 1: We used to call dra dirty diaper because I remember that I didn't used to call them that way. When when when you call them that. No I know used to call them that. Well, let's listen. I do feel like that when when someone says that to a woman, they're just acknowledging how they see them, so they're sexualizing, exactly objectifying them.
Speaker 3: Very young Ashley, good morning, good morning. How you feeling you went through something? So I did it myself that my daughter did talk to us what happened?
Speaker 9: So it was her graduation in middle school and had on a fitted dress, you know, one of little stretchy but fitted presses. Yep, and she's sicker and there was girls in there, mind you, with their was hanging out, their half of their body open, their sea grew. But made her all me to bring her sweater.
Speaker 14: To put around her waist because her, m that's crazy.
Speaker 20: And she was so embarrassed that all these kids seeing her get escorted into the front door and they literally made her stand there with escorts until I got there to sweater around her rest her waist, so that her shop.
Speaker 1: That's got to be some form of discrimination, is that girl?
Speaker 5: Discriminations?
Speaker 2: Clapper? Discrimination?
Speaker 1: Clapper? Why clapper?
Speaker 2: Because you're clapping around the school yard.
Speaker 13: The morning.
Speaker 3: Now you dealt with this too, Yes, actually.
Speaker 20: Since I was in like the beautile school, I guess we had so it would be like ship see that woman.
Speaker 14: Yeah, sure that you will go to six inches, but.
Speaker 20: The white girls she did didn't have him.
Speaker 9: Boy, you know everything that's black.
Speaker 17: Okay, it will be mostly.
Speaker 1: Going to be used to it at the time that is not she said, you kind of get used to it or what it's not right? She said, it's not right. Well, I mean as black people, you get used to all types of forms of discriminations.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this good morning?
Speaker 13: This is day the morning died?
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Now talk to you a manager, right, yes, I am all right. Now don't tell us what job. We don't want you get your you know, want you lose your job, but tell us what's going on.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so that body shaming is not supposed to be done since not by a manager.
Speaker 13: I mean, we have enough.
Speaker 17: Employees others that have to work without coming to first being seen. If that's their body, that's their body.
Speaker 20: I don't know if they manages the start training classes, but she definitely has the loss to this.
Speaker 1: Okay. I do wonder if the the or the Costco employee said it was the manager of out body shaming it probably was a woman another woman manager. Problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five. When we're talking about being body shamed in the workplaces, this happening you.
Speaker 1: I get body shamed here all the time, you know what I'm saying, just because I'm the thickest person up here. I get body shamed from envy. I get body shame from Taylor because she's a hater, you know what I'm saying. And it's actually starting to get to me.
Speaker 2: Why are you dressed like that?
Speaker 1: Whoa skinny jeans on?
Speaker 5: That their work plate?
Speaker 2: It's a uniform all over the building.
Speaker 1: Damn, don't tell them that.
Speaker 3: Don't tell them that.
Speaker 4: Don't The problem is he thinking thick right, but he's not thick right his own thing.
Speaker 1: Taylor can't help it. Taylor couldn't wait to come in here, to come in cross.
Speaker 3: Are you jealous of Charlamagne's thickness?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: Let's be very clear that he started mentioning that because he's does of me.
Speaker 4: So why do you think because of me?
Speaker 1: Why do you want to do side by side comparisons all the time? And I don't be trying to test me? Like, let's drop down and get our eagle on right now about you know what I'm saying for what what's wrong with your.
Speaker 15: To do it?
Speaker 2: Though you do it?
Speaker 1: Something I had something to.
Speaker 3: This happen to you. Let's talk about this the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 16: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion.
Speaker 1: With the Breakfast Club, talk about it.
Speaker 23: I want everybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about women being body shave eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 4: Of course we got some special guest hosts from that we talk about podcast AJ and Tam Bam, and we were talking about the situations working at a place where other women might not have the same body as you, and you know they don't look as good as you, but because you got body and shapes and curves that you know, manages and sometimes the boss thinks.
Speaker 1: That you said, is man, these women be hating. Okay, hey, they be seeing these black women come through and you know they'd be of a certain shape and statue in just be hating. That's really what it boils down to.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phone line. It's got a lot of people on the line.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this, Good morning?
Speaker 17: This is Christina.
Speaker 4: Hey Christina. Now this happened at your job the past fifteen years.
Speaker 18: Yeah, actually twice.
Speaker 21: I forgot when I went to join the army.
Speaker 25: You know, they have very strict standards, and I had to lose.
Speaker 13: Five pounds to be four an end.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 17: And I'm very hippie and I've been naturally like that, and then after I had kids it enhanced it.
Speaker 13: So the past fifteen years.
Speaker 7: At my job, within the first five years they changed the dress code where we were legging and things like that.
Speaker 25: That shows off our shape.
Speaker 19: Anything I wear it, it's gonna be tight doing.
Speaker 1: For the shop like mine?
Speaker 13: What did you wear aund my hip?
Speaker 17: It's about fifty two inches around.
Speaker 1: My my butt?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How told you?
Speaker 2: Are you dragging a wagon by three?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Yeah, I'm definitely not gonna like it.
Speaker 1: It was about working for a little.
Speaker 13: Mama.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry now, I'm sorry. Goodbye, you're harassing the victim.
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 18: Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 9: Hello in the morning?
Speaker 18: About the clubs at the barn?
Speaker 1: Hey, Lauren, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Has that happened to you, you know the fact that you probably got more curves of shape and it's been a problem for you at your work spot.
Speaker 18: Yes, I mean it's hard as a black woman having natural.
Speaker 13: Body part and it just being over sexualized like in.
Speaker 19: People's mind when it's not.
Speaker 13: If you'll remember the home people, all that was going around the internet.
Speaker 18: She wasn't even yeah, she wasn't eve aware enoughing anywhere.
Speaker 13: Inappropriate, but people were harassing her. So it's hard for black women because we always being over sexual Yes, for no reason.
Speaker 14: We were natural hair.
Speaker 13: It used to be called nappy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So its hard.
Speaker 18: Being a black woman, y'all.
Speaker 5: Remember the news reporter. I think her name is like Dmitria Themetrio Beautiful, But it was all the white women.
Speaker 7: Calling and complaining, are putting messages online about her body shape, and she looked very good in her clothes.
Speaker 1: It was Mutria laughing.
Speaker 5: It's like a lord, oh b I l O R something like mut I love the Mutua.
Speaker 3: Hello, who is this?
Speaker 22: H Kelly?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Kelly?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: On the hell are you?
Speaker 2: Kelly?
Speaker 25: I'm thirty two?
Speaker 3: Okay, now you said this happened to you before, Mama, Oh.
Speaker 1: Hecky, what happened.
Speaker 25: So thenking in like a white dominant area, I wasn't gymnastic and different types of sports, and I was literally like to take my side for that bust out.
Speaker 17: You know, it would be too big for my tights or whatever. Oh my was too big, and then like it was really hard and gymnastics, I would always getting fun up because all these girls persions me and I'm sitting here in a legal part and obviously I have the biggest figure and everyone just there.
Speaker 25: It just wasn't the thing back then.
Speaker 3: How do you take me?
Speaker 1: Are you to take me a thigh?
Speaker 21: I would, yeah, I would take that stick and then probably make my parts smaller on me.
Speaker 3: What did your parents say? Did your parents know you had to do that?
Speaker 21: So my mom found out when I was around sixteen, and she told me like she's like, you know, self worth and you know everything was within outwards. But you know, as I got older, like having a body became a thing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Thank you, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, mama.
Speaker 25: No, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys, thank you morning morning.
Speaker 1: What I'm hearing, man, it boils down to just the sexualize an objectifying of of of black women, and you know women that are thicker and just jealousy and envy of black women and women at a thickness because if I'm following the dress code with min your business right right.
Speaker 5: So we don't know if the Costco worker was white or black, though this is our experiences.
Speaker 1: She was black.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Now, I've never seen anybody take their thighs to make it look smaller. But I know I've seen girls tape under their butt cheek.
Speaker 2: Can I say that under their butt cheek to give them little to.
Speaker 1: Hold over? What does that do now?
Speaker 2: Like if you tape under your butt but work, Yeah, to give you that little pie?
Speaker 1: Don't you wanted to be smaller?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Is she trying to compress it now?
Speaker 16: The butt is cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody want to do this.
Speaker 7: Person at Costco is probably just having a problem with that manager in particular.
Speaker 5: She got a person.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she thinks find I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, So it just depends. So you know, Charus and they have the port.
Speaker 7: So a lot of times they complain about women wearing because women are now working out there, they complain about them wearing leggings to work. I feel like you should wear cargo pants should wear like a thicker material if you and in an environment like that. Yeah, but leggings amongst mostly men out that we have to consider those things as women.
Speaker 8: Men have to consider those things. Why do women have to change their attire? Like the men need to change their mindset?
Speaker 2: Like focus on your man? Not very support it's important.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, But what if it's hard for them to focus.
Speaker 2: Well, then they need to change their focus. That's not that's not the ladies fault. Put on your luggers. It's one hundred and ten degrees out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And by the way, ain't no man complaining watch them but Washington. That's why we call them wool pants.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: That's right. You wear them all day long and when you take them off, wool.
Speaker 3: H All right, well, keep a lot.
Speaker 4: When we come back. We got your room and report. We got to talk about Lizzo about eighteen minutes ago. Twenty minutes ago. Lizzo actually left the statement. We'll get that state. Gonna read that statement to you guys. I don't know if it's the Breakfast Club, good morning, You're not that thick brood morning everybody. It's d J n B.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Jealous didn't hit me so real.
Speaker 4: We got our We got our guest co host from the We Talk Back podcast, A J and Tan Bam, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Talking about nothing? I'm just over here being me. Shot at Stallion, think what did you call yourself? I don't worry about it. Uncle Stallion, Sellion, Uncle, say uncle.
Speaker 4: You really have to stop this because he's starting to believe it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: He thinks he's Moreri's chestnut.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's uncle snacky. He's more like snails stale snacky.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: Now he's gonna be talking. I'm I'm Charlotte Stallion.
Speaker 1: Taylor. You keep your notes following us when we follow our weight. I got something for you. Keep it up.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the room, let's talk.
Speaker 1: Let some more name or you've gossip been chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: This is where the tea.
Speaker 1: Spells right right, all right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: We were talking Lizzo earlier, and people were saying that Beyonce skip Lizzo's.
Speaker 3: Name on purpose.
Speaker 4: She was before Larkie because she's at her Renaissance tour and was a part of the show where she mentions all her beautiful women's name and was one of them.
Speaker 3: And this is from the concert.
Speaker 1: She said, I do I do, I do be forgetting to the Erica is a good witch, alright, dropping the clues bomb for eric Abadu. Remember earlier that day, Erica Badu had said that Beyonce was taking her style or something. Yes, she was flattered. Yeah, so the readon she said her name four times because did like this. She just waved her fingers, shut up. That's why she said Erica by name four times. People were Yeah.
Speaker 4: So people were saying that she didn't say little name because of what's going on with Lizzo. But Beyonce's mom said she also didn't say her own sister's name.
Speaker 1: Y'all. Y'all should really stop, yes, because she goes she usually goes Badu, Lizzo, Kelly role that's right. Yeah, so she didn't say Kelly Roling either. No, but you know in that just like niggas going nigg usually nigga's nigga on the net.
Speaker 4: Well, Lizzo release the statement. Lizzo are released about thirty minutes ago. She says, uh, these last few days have been gut wrenching, difficult, and overwhelmingly disappointing. My work, ethic, morals, and respectfulness have been questioned, my character has been criticized. Usually I choose not to respond to false allegations. But these are as unbelievable as they sound, and too outrageous not to be addressed. And she goes on about seven paragraphs about it, and then she ends with I'm hurt, but I will not let the good work I've done in this world be overshadowed by this. I want to thank everyone who has reached out in support to lift me up during this difficult time. So she just talks about everything that's been going through and uh, the charges that she has, and she basically says it's not.
Speaker 1: True, but she don't even have charges, like this is a what they trying to do with civil suite civilly? So what does she what is? What is the outcome the case? Just this? She fights back in the case gets dismissed or.
Speaker 5: She has to court.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she has to settle out, but I'm sure she'll probably fight us.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they probably missed the settlement part because I'm sure that they tried to get the settlement first, you know, that's that's that's the shakedown that happens in all of these cases. They probably sent the letter to Little's team and said, if y'all don't do such and such, we're gonna come out with this story. And Little, probably rightfully so said go ahead, then, you know, put the story out there and we'll fight in court. So they probably passed the settlement face absolutely.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't give well, well demand letter. I mean, they still can settled regardless. But I'm sure Lizzle's like, now, let's let's go there.
Speaker 3: They already put it out. What's she to say now, right? You know, now, let's deal with it in court.
Speaker 1: Now says cinema truckload of banana.
Speaker 2: That's what I about to say, cinema case of bananas and be done with it.
Speaker 1: That'd be crazy.
Speaker 2: Potassium in your life.
Speaker 1: That be crazy.
Speaker 3: Now let's talk about Cisco.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 4: Cisco was doing an interview with lad TV and talked about these these rumors about him dating Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 26: Me and Beyonce never like dating. But we were just friends when we were younger because we were on a lot of the same tours, because we came out around the same time. I believe it came out in ninety seven and we came out ninety six.
Speaker 1: So we were friends.
Speaker 26: I know, I like knew her dad and her mom and sister and stuff. All I know is when Elevated Gate happened, Solange posted a picture of us.
Speaker 5: Right right, I got you, I go.
Speaker 26: I'll just leave it at dad what happened. Then she like promptly erased it erased.
Speaker 1: The next day. So there's some kids that are a certain age that would never believe Cisco and Beyonce were friends. You know what I'm saying, because y'all disrespectful and y'all don't remember the level that Cisco was on. You know what I'm saying. He's still Cisco, don't get me wrong, But at one point Cisco was the biggest r and b artists out.
Speaker 2: He was so scandalous.
Speaker 5: Man, I ever heard his voice before until just now I.
Speaker 2: Know it's given them just regularly talking to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, speaking voice.
Speaker 1: Goes a whole legend. Y'all want to the whole legend?
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, well that is your rumor report, sir. Who are you giving that donkey too?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: For after the hour, let's talk prison base man. You know what I'm saying. Sometimes you know what, we'll talk about it for after the hour. There's a young man named Sean Kendrick who decided to stay in prison. He liked that much, said he was like, you know what you like. But we're gonna talk. We can explore all theories and options when we come back.
Speaker 4: All right, Well I want to hear Cisco song. So he's gonna pull it up right now. Yeah, start back for a little bit today.
Speaker 3: Don thong, you got it?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Come on here, donkey.
Speaker 4: Damn but hegg.
Speaker 1: It's the donkey j I me ain't trying to be donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 6: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 1: Wow, jess hilarious Donkey today For Thursday, August third goes to a twenty one year old Mississippi man named Shuan Kendrick Huffman. His first name is crazy. His first name looks like the last line on an I chart. Why do people waste letters. Why name needs something where most of the letters are going to be silent. This man name is shun Kendrick, but it's spelled s h u n e k N d ri i c K. Shouldn't it be s h u n k e n d r i c K whatever. Listen, I need everyone to listen to this story closely because this story is a prime example of why patience is a virtue. People. See, Kendrick was twenty one years old. He's doing seven years. Well, he was doing seven years in the Mississippi Correctional Facility for aggravated assault. So that means he's been locked up since he was a juvenile. Right, that means he's been locked up since he was like thirteen fourteen. He clearly must have had a public defended because no juvenile she gets seven years for aggravated assault. But either way, this young man did his time and he was scheduled to be released in December of twenty twenty two, and needless to say, that didn't happen. Why didn't it happen? Let's go to WAPT sixteen ABC News for the report police.
Speaker 27: An inmate who had only a few months left to serve before escaping from prison is now looking at decades behind bars. Sha Kendrick Huffman is the person that you see on your screen. The twenty one year old escaped the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Pearl August twenty fifth of last year. He was serving the last four months of a seven year sentence for aggravated assault. Investigator said that Huffman broke into a nearby home and held the homeowner.
Speaker 1: At gunpoint for hours.
Speaker 27: Thorty said Huffman stole a vehicle from the home and at some point rammed a law enforcement vehicle at a roadblock before running away. Huffman is sentenced to sixty years for two counts of kidnapping. He'll serve forty of those years of the sentence with twenty suspended.
Speaker 4: Jesus, that's wild.
Speaker 2: He's an idiot, San Kendrick.
Speaker 1: You did seven years in prison. He was four months away from coming home, and you decided to break out. And once you got out, you broke into a nearby home, held three people at gun point four hours. Then you stole a car from one of those hostages before before you crashed it. Then you fled on foot, and then you was found hiding in a trash can just two miles away from the prison. Now. I know we have conversations about these kids lacking patience, but this is ridiculous. He was four months away from being able to live in any trash can you wanted to. If you wanted to come home and identify as Oscar the Grouch, you could have done that legally. But no, four months from being released and you ended up escaping from jail and then committing a series of crimes that got you forty years. I know what the hell happened. Shen Kendrick got a boot. Son. Kendrick has a prison bay, all right. That prison bay was pressuring him. Oh, you're just gonna leave me in here, okay. I gave you cigarettes, I gave you honey buns. We used to be in this cell, cheek to cheek, okay, and you just gonna leave me. You were free, shun Kendrick. All right, you served seven years just to wait until the last four months to act up. There's only one logical reason that I could think of that would make a man want to stay in and that's love. The man is penismatized, all right. Somebody's Indiana bones got him open, all right. This is like the movie Life in reverse. Instead of coming up with a plan to get out, Kendrick was coming up with a plan to stay in because he loves the taste of Frankston beans. Okay, him and this locked up lover had an argument, big race that I gave you the best seven years of my life. How many rolls of toilet paper have I sacrificed for you? And you're just gonna leave me? The thought of freedom and vagina to have motivated this man to be on his best behavior for four months, but instead, the fear of losing his gusband motivated him to get caught so he could stay in prison. He didn't want to leave. Man too hard to adjust to this new world. He gotta come home and pick a pronoun. He don't even know what that is. And the thought of doing all that without his bait, he couldn't handle it. You know what I mean? All partners want is the significant other to show that commitment to them or there's no bigger sign that you're committed than adding forty years to a seven year sentence. And what twenty year old or twenty one year old chunk Kendrick is gonna realize, is that at twenty one, no d is good enough to make that kind of commitment. Right am, Absolutely, you know what I'm saying. Run, You and that man not even gonna be together in five years, But you're still gonna have to do all that forty all because he fell in love with one eyed p A wise man once said that penis to do that to you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh please give shun Kendrick Huffman the biggest he hull sad man.
Speaker 8: Well, what if he was just a he was a kid when he went in, institutionalized and afraid of society as a grown man.
Speaker 1: I believe that what I'm saying, he probably scanned the world. He probably too hard to adjust. You gotta come home, You gotta, you know, learn what he could have learned the trade. That's why they should teach. That's why correctional Phillisist facility should be actual correctional facilities. Let you learn the trade. Let this man get you know, some proper education in there so he can come home and be a productive citizen.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: They don't do any real life rehabilitation in prison, especially in America.
Speaker 5: We have the most in prison in this country.
Speaker 1: They call him correctional facilities where they're not correcting nothing.
Speaker 5: Now when the judges on the on the prisons.
Speaker 3: It's Kendrick.
Speaker 1: You don't play a game. No, I do not want to play a game, all right. This man name is spelled s h U N e k N d r I c K. We do not need to play a game Mississippi. They don't play a game with races Mississippi. This man his name is Sean Kendrick. We do not need to play a game. Sure, you really want to play this game home? All right? I guess it's time to play a game up? Yes?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 1: All right? Twenty one year old Mississippi man named she Kendrick Huffin. Huffman had seven years in prison, only had four months left, broke out, held people at hostage, ended up getting forty Guess what racy is hand Bam.
Speaker 2: Mexican by Racio?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 1: No, I can see why you would say that though working.
Speaker 5: Hard, AYJN you say, by Racio, he's mixed.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay like those okay envy. She Kendrick Huffman, She, twenty one year old Mississippi man, broke out of the prison only had four months left on a seven year sentence held people hostage ended up getting forty.
Speaker 3: Guess what Racey is thinking?
Speaker 1: White? Okay, beige? All right, what is he? But we have to play the game fair, Okay, I don't know what Racey is.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I think our producer is telling me something. Oh boy, you text her produces texting me something? Hold on?
Speaker 4: What is he hold?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you right now. Who's coming? Kendrick sounds white. It's coming, It's coming, whoa, it's coming? This hold of a thumb. If I think, if I think, if I think, if this hold of your thumbing, oh you text me, it ain't come through, Eddie. Oh okay, Andy got an android. Oh, Eddie just texted me and said he's a nigger. So he's not black. Actually he's a nigga. I was wrong, you were wrong. All right, all right, we'll thank you for talkie. I'm trying not to say that word, but this is for restart sent he sent. That's what he said. Wow, Eddie, Kendrick, it sounds white to me.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but anyway, all right, when we come back to Brothers from Ghetto, gashtro will be joining us.
Speaker 3: They're from the Bronx chefs.
Speaker 4: They're brothers that have their own products out online, breakfast products, they have their.
Speaker 3: Own appliances, and we're gonna talk to these brothers when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning and.
Speaker 3: Peace be e T B T piece.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody's DJ n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in the building. We have the Ghetto Gastro Collective. Welcome fellas, John Gray Piercero and lets.
Speaker 1: The Walker welcome. Good morning. His brothers got their own pastries. I don't want to see pop tarks, the pop tarts and pop tarks, the ghetto gas black pop tart is an op tar. We got the bop tark.
Speaker 3: You call THEMS.
Speaker 1: Ghetto. Well, it's a.
Speaker 10: Culinary collective born and bred in the Bronx and with storytellers, and we use food to tell our stories. So doing experiences, creating products, appliances, just just really wanting to highlight the culture.
Speaker 1: I see that book everywhere. The Ghetto Gastro Black Power Kitchen. What is a black power kitchen?
Speaker 28: This is a manifesto to the Bronx and the Black Power Kitchen is when you take back your liberation. You take back your freedom by feeding the needy, by feeding the people free and the people.
Speaker 10: It's food for thought, you know, food knowledge. It's all a form of power. So we feel like the liberation lies within the soil and we take it from the soil to the oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we call it. We call it our Bible.
Speaker 23: It's the basic constructions before leaving Earth. So it's a culmination of food, art, storytelling, black history, black joy all in one little artifact right there that you can get everywhere books are sold.
Speaker 1: Black Power Kitchen and what's the Crooks Gig Kitchen Appliance collection. Well, we got packed.
Speaker 23: We brought the toast with the most Oh okay, so we got the we got we got the toasters as well, so we had the kitchen appliances. We did a collaboration with our friends, with our partners at Crux, the New York based brand. Shout out to Shay Hung and the team over there. Mayby gather and we this is our fourth iteration of products. We first dropped in Williams, so Noma. We still have products over there, but the line of appliance has ranged from toasters, coffee maker, air fryers, and a waffle maker as well. We also got the pots and pans and Stanley Steel cookware, Carobon Blue steel cook with.
Speaker 28: So basically just throw your oven out in your house and just got put.
Speaker 1: Us on your count and put us in your cabinet.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 1: So y'all got everything. Appliance is products. We gotta we gotta feed the streets. Yeah, the market with target Man.
Speaker 4: When you talk about cooking, a lot of people don't know that. You know, your cookwait is very important. So so break that down because a lot of people have some some peeling cookway or some horrible cookway and don't know why their meals don't be tasting right or looking right.
Speaker 23: Well, you know you gotta start. You gotta start with the good appliants first and foremost. Well, our applians is definitely have you know, they're updated with the technology definitely. Our air fryer is definitely the fastest, most crisp turbo boost technology on the air fryers. Our toaster ovens as well. Our waffle makers are non stick, so you don't have to deal with a lot of clean up and a lot of mess. And then especially if you're using our products like the Ghetto Gastro pancake and waffle mix and the waffle makers, they just seemlessly work all together all in one.
Speaker 1: So it's just you know, were.
Speaker 23: Making it easy to get steasy in the kitchen pancake, waffle mix up, waffle maker.
Speaker 28: There's a lot of storytelling that goes behind kitchen equipment as well. Like when you think of your cast iron pan that your great grandmother passed down and grandmother passed it down the mother, you know, with seasoned, it's been seasoned for decades, you know, So we wanted to actually be able to tell that story as well. So we have a cast iron pan that we have with Crux as well, a walk. We think of storytelling aspects with everything that we put out.
Speaker 1: How did y'all link up with Target? Well, Nola partnership right there?
Speaker 10: Oh nah nah nah. We ain't come to play man, We came to spread. So Target, you know, we initially linked with them through through the Crux partnership that we launched a year and a half two years ago, and then we had initially started building on the innovation pipeline for products because for us with Ghetto Gastro. We started doing exclusive like events with like Aldemar so you got the ap apple and stuff like that, but people don't that's not really touching the people. So when we hit Target, we were able to really like, that's the stuff that our grandmoms just like yo, our friends is talking about a church. We see you, so really being able to make it accessible and inclusive with the capitol I versus exclusive with a capital E. That's why he just wanted to bring the stuff to the people, read them where they are.
Speaker 28: For a long time, people didn't understand what Ghetto Gastro was. It was because even today it's just still an idea that we constantly build upon. But you know, putting out the book gave something some that people can hold and look at read you know us.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's black people were very visual people.
Speaker 28: So in the book, we have a lot of art from U some very luminary black artists, interviews from the likes of Emery Douglass, the you know, the the chairman of the Black Panther Party.
Speaker 1: We got asat ferg in there.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so all right when we come back, we got more with the brothers from Ghetto Gastro, So don't move. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Owning. Everybody's dj n V. Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with the brothers from Ghetto Gastro. You could pick up their products right now at Target and Appliances.
Speaker 3: Why plant based, Well.
Speaker 1: For plant based.
Speaker 23: For us, it's really about teaching and bringing our community back into the places where we originated as well. Right, we think about our community, the Black community, how much we put into the culture. And everybody's on like this vegan, these plant based vibes, but our ancestors have been eating this way since the.
Speaker 1: Beginning of time really, you know.
Speaker 23: So for us, we want to introduce new ways and new flavors for our community, things that are also things that are familiar as well. So I mean, and show people that plants could be delicious. I think John probably got some more.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, And I was just gonna say, growing up in the Bronx, you know North Bronx, especially Corp City, Gunhill Road, a lot of Jamaicans. What's Indian, So the itial cuisine and the Rastafarians, it's like same thing like you see shout out to Haley Beber and all of them. But you see Haley Biber like talking about sea maws, but we've been doing sea maws like I used to wake up to Seymour's and weak grass, you know what I mean, Like knock a cough out before before going to school. So just really like taking control of our stories and like we said, taking the power back.
Speaker 1: Will people be able to tell its plant based by the taste or what did y'all do to like eliminate that plant based taste?
Speaker 10: The first key for us is always just to make the most delicious thing because it's like we have a jerk chicken. We call it twerk chicken. We have a jerk chicken recipe in the book. So it's not like we only eat plants, but you just want to move it plant forward so you have a balanced diet and you manage your group close levels. But for us, it's about flavor first, because nobody cares about what story you're telling if the flavor is not you know what I'm saying. So for us, that's how that's that's the that's the first key to success. That's the first pillar.
Speaker 1: Is it tough selling the idea of or organic and plant based food to the hood.
Speaker 23: I think we'll find out right now because our products just launching Target stores nationwide, So run it out, run it up.
Speaker 1: You know, this is this is this is the point.
Speaker 23: Like everybody talks about getting on the shelves at Target, but for us, it's really about now we have to move those units and show off for our community and show up for each other, support black owned entrepreneurs, black owned businesses.
Speaker 1: And move these and move these units.
Speaker 23: But we'll we'll see, honestly, hopefully it's not hard to sell delicious you know, delicious and nutritious pastries to our community and food offerings to them.
Speaker 4: But you know, we'll find out how difficult was it to get that that shelf space. And everybody says who gets the shelf space is always you know where they put you on the shelves as well.
Speaker 10: It's a grind and we we we at high level eye level. So it's like we have really good, really good placement. But Target they really rock with us. They believe in us, and it's a it's a great partnership. And for us it makes sense because you know, when people feel fancy, they say TARJ. So for us, it's like we can hit the mass distribution but still maintain a certain level of sexy.
Speaker 1: Y'all got a new audible series too, right, the Cut with Ghetto Gas and the Cut with Ghetto Gastro. Yes, what can people learn from that? They can learn about the chop cheese is.
Speaker 28: You can learn with sea Mass the benefits of sea mass, how we've been using it for centuries. You can learn about hood Chinese food, you know, yeah, because you think about hood Chinese food and the stories behind.
Speaker 4: That's the first time I ever had seafood, right, like, and my dad is allergic to seafood, so we never cooked it in the crib. So my only seafood recollection was Truth for Rice, which is wild but not even they were real crab.
Speaker 1: But it's just delicious, you know. You know, you can learn all types of things like that as well.
Speaker 23: The audio series and like kind of what Less was saying, we kind of extend on some of the subject matter that's in our book Black Power Kitchen, and in the cut we talk about different different aspects of like pizza, pizzaats and stuff in the summer in New York, just different parts of our life and our community that have made us who we are, and it's a little bit of food as well. So we in the kitchen and we're cooking, so we're talking about the foods and how they've impacted us in our communities around us, and also putting some of those flavors together as well. So it's a it's an audio little asmo, a little flavor in your ear some of those 's.
Speaker 1: What's what's next for Ghetto gastro Man.
Speaker 10: The focus is blowing target out the doors. This is like getting on shelf and step one of like a thousand steps. But we planning to keep doing this because the goal is to really nourish the world so they can eat better and live better lives.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 10: So this is the first step and we got more to come, more media, hopefully we collaborate, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I know you it only makes sense right club and ghetto breakfast.
Speaker 10: It feels it feels right, It feels right, you know.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, that's that's the vibes.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 1: Just like to keep keep feeding the people.
Speaker 4: And it's in target right now, so they can go to target right now.
Speaker 10: Make sure wide online, nineteen hundred doors everywhere.
Speaker 18: Run it up.
Speaker 10: Taja you know how we play.
Speaker 1: Run, don't walk man, run it up.
Speaker 16: Run.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna We're gonna get it man.
Speaker 10: Find us at Ghetto gas shrow everywhere, Ghetto Gastro dot com at Ghetto Gashro, Instagram, TikTok, there's so many social media, YouTube everywhere.
Speaker 23: Everywhere, everything is Ghetto Gastro Chef, p.
Speaker 10: Ghetto Gray John Gray a ka Ghetto Gray Chef.
Speaker 1: That's the walker.
Speaker 4: All right, well, we appreciate you, brothers, Ghetto Gastro, mister breakfast stuff, good morning, thank y'all, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's tell their reward if you turning people who you know still O PvP. Sorry, listen, I don't have.
Speaker 4: Wow from the reaction I just heard in the room.
Speaker 3: That is a good question, a questions.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I was just posing questions all listening to their reward for people that you know still O PvP. That's all I'm just trying to see.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous what you say.
Speaker 4: If we are the Breakfast Club, we have the ladies from the We Talked Back podcasts A J and Tam Bam here.
Speaker 3: Yet lied over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have no pps over here. I don't think.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get to the rooms. Let's talk to uh what did we do yesterday?
Speaker 3: Living Black?
Speaker 4: Let's talk it?
Speaker 1: Or you've gossip been chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: This is where the tea spells right right now. Last night was our Living Black event. We celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of Hip Hop. It was hosted by our very own Jess Hilarious. Salute to Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 1: Hilarious assistant did a phenomenal job hosting that event.
Speaker 3: She sure did.
Speaker 4: Performances by Usha, Miguel Glrilla, Coco Jones, and Moore. And I just wanted to tell y'all, Charlamagne's an ass Why so people that don't know. When we were introducing Ussher, we came up with these the three things we were going to say, right, Jess was gonna say he's a legend. I was supposed to say he's an icon. And arth Man was supposed to say, what are we supposed to say?
Speaker 3: Walking?
Speaker 22: What?
Speaker 1: Walking memorial? Walking memorial?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: Walking momore.
Speaker 3: So that's what we said. I bet let's go team one three, one two three tape.
Speaker 4: So we go up there other legs. Just was like, he's an icon, so I'm supposed to a legend, right, he cuts me off. He's a legend, so now I'm supposed to say his line. I don't remember his line. No, I just study because I didn't know what I was supposed to say. Because I was, I knew what I was supposed to say.
Speaker 1: But he's.
Speaker 2: Otis.
Speaker 1: I just told me last night, laughing about that. I forgot all about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did that, you asked, But anyway, was Living Black was last night?
Speaker 4: Besides that, they had appearances for Warren g Roddy, rich Low Labrook, and then Charlemagne got the chance to talk best hip hop or most important hip hop albums of all time?
Speaker 1: Well, actually I was talking to Elliott Connie, we have a clip of something. Yeah, we do. Ultimately, when we look back at these two albums, we're gonna say to ourselves, these are the two most important hip hop albums of all time. And that was jay Z four four four and Kendrick Lamar mister morale us in the Big Steppers, right, and I'm hearing these lyrics and I was just like, man, I wonder how Elliot would translate some of these lyrics as a as a psychotherapist, because when we think about where hip hop has been the last fifty years, that this is where hip hop is and where it's going. Wow, it's gonna be amazing. So At you absolutely start with jay Z and the song killed jay Z. He says, and you know better, and word, I know you do, but you got to do better. You owe with the blue You had no father, you had the armor, but you got a daughter. Got to get softer.
Speaker 29: The first thing I think about when I hear that as accountability, I think I think very often when we talk about the origin of our problems, we use that as an excuse or at least an explanation for our current behavior.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I was talking to Elliot Kanye who's a psychotherapist. And the reason I do think, uh, mister Morale and the Big Step is by Kendrick in four for four by Jay the two most important hip hop albums of all time is because of the content they talking about, you know, going to therapy to work on yourself as men, you know what I mean, being a better father, being a better husband. They talking about issues with their fathers and how that affects us as men. They talking about killing their ego like in the future, you know, people go look back and realize, like, oh man, that's those are the albums that got me started on my healing journey.
Speaker 3: That's right now.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, I got a chance to speak with HBCU students, so we all got an opportunity to decide what we wanted to work with. And Charlamagne of course wanted to talk these hip hop albums, mental health and mental health. And for me it's always you know, financial literacy or definitely HBCU because of course I graduated from Hampton University. So I got a chance to sit down with some HBCU students that were in the communications major and try to just encourage them, and we were able to offer them something. A major was business, but I wanted to do radio and I was a DJ, and you know, I spent the years of grinding and doing parties and leaving at four o'clock in the morning, sleeping at the radio station with no pillow on the floor, waking up and doing radio, learning radio and loving radio. But this is not part of the script. But I would love for you guys to come to New York city and sit in on a breakfast club for a day, so you can sit next to.
Speaker 3: Me in that crazy ass guy.
Speaker 4: You know, the craziest guy with the bullhead short.
Speaker 3: Call him my gusband Charlemagne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you guys are invited to sit behind the scenes with us and you can check out everything from filming to teasing, to us doing interviews, to us being on TV and B E T and everything that's involved with the Breakfast Club. So if you guys would like, we would like to have y'all as our guest on the Breakfast Club. All right considered accepted?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was my least favorite part of Living Black, but I.
Speaker 2: Will what.
Speaker 4: You hate it shout out to those HBC. I know a lot of HBC you students have communications major. They want to get a radio, they don't know where to start. So Charlemagne and myself will have will host those individuals up here and be able to see behind the scenes how it works and hopefully encourage them more to stay in communications.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I thoroughly enjoyed Living Black yesterday. As a person who doesn't listen to radio. As a person who doesn't listen to radio, I thoroughly enjoyed Living Black. It sounded great, and I want to hear more big events like that on the radio. It sounded like a live event on the radio, from the performances to the conversations. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, all right, Now, Steph Curry, he's in a rap video. Now, now can we can we play it again? So I'm gonna say, is his name wrong? I call him Toby?
Speaker 1: Toby? Did I say it right?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 1: I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about. So he has a new video, new single, care Little Fish, Big Pond, And in the first bars it's like Curry, Steph Curry rappings. So he's rapping, like being Steph Curry. But Steph Curry is in the video rapping. People are talking about I thought it was pretty dope.
Speaker 1: So oh so that was Toty rapping. That wasn't stuff. That was Toby rapping. Got you he ish?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like Toby. I know exactly what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: Because that didn't sound secular. I would think that Steph Curry would be making some type of Oh no, he wouldn't be making secular music. He's making some type of Christian music that sounded secular. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: I thought Steph Curry is in the video being rapping.
Speaker 1: I'm confused Toby's rapping with Steph's lips thinking it right?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, yes, yes, yes, And that is your rumor report. I didn't get into a method man. He was on Men's Health magazine. He was just talking about it was the hip hop his life issue. He talks about battling depression. He also talks about that he's not a sex symbol. He said he's not a sex symbol. He said, you don't put those words together, sex and symbol. What's the symbol. I'm not doing anything, so what is the symbol? But you ladies feel different.
Speaker 5: Guess he's very much a sex symbolic.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I mean speaking from experience of being a sex symbol. It's one of those things where you know, you don't choose, is you you know?
Speaker 4: All right, and that is your rumor reports. Alright, what do you look at Charlamann? Do you think uncle snacky or stale snack?
Speaker 1: You don't look at me, and you know way too.
Speaker 2: Do you even look at him?
Speaker 1: I know, actually for twenty three years. I'm sorry for twenty one like he's my old o g homies right here you talking.
Speaker 7: About I'd be highly offended when I see people trying and play you like you don't couldn't.
Speaker 5: Look like Morris.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Very recent yea, I'd be wanting to fight for him for the first couple of times. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Let me look from this way, anybody, it's run.
Speaker 4: The air every u.
Speaker 2: You can see their ears.
Speaker 1: You do not look like mars Chess. Now, Bro jeff Us are just out here hating you. See you know what happened with end up hating not you would common that you get that out your heart and that is your room move. You started hating you ended up quick.
Speaker 4: People's choice mixes up next eight hundred five eighty five one O five one Gotta Remind you. My car shows August twenty six, twenty seventh for New York City were finally coming back home in.
Speaker 3: The Try State area.
Speaker 4: It's a two day show, so no matter if you need to go on Saturday or Sunday, it's going to be a lot of fun. There's games for the kids, rides for the kids. It's called All Types of Cars. Monster brings the Bike Show where they do the flips in the air and all that. So kids five and under a freeze. If you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. I'm pick of the day's murdering Bermuda and James Patterson's latest two Murders is just the beginning of the mystery. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club, putting everybody at j n V.
Speaker 4: Charlomagne the God we are the Breakfast Club from the We Talked Back podcast with at Aj and Tan bam here Yo and I just got a salute again Living Black last night. It was a great experienced performances from Miguel Usher, Charlemagne. I had a great conversation. I had a great conversation about HBCUs.
Speaker 3: It was just a lot going on.
Speaker 4: So I just want to say so to everybody that checked it out, and you can go to our YouTube page a Facebook channel if you missed it.
Speaker 1: It was hosted by a good sister, Jess Hilarious. I sat with Elliott Connie who's a psychotherapist. It was a phenomenal event. And y'all y'all dropped the new episode today, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, Today's Thursday, Thursday about this morning, y'all go tune in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We talked back podcast drops every Thursday on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast Network. What's what's this week's episode about? With y'all addressing so.
Speaker 7: Tam says, I'm a serial monogamous one one man at a time.
Speaker 2: No, there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 8: And she just like goes from relationship and then she's another full full fledged.
Speaker 7: It seems very I just like one person at a time. I don't like the traditional uh date, it's just modern day dating around.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with that.
Speaker 8: What I ain't never seen you with no whole bunch of boyfriends. No, not a whole bunch of boyfriends. It's just like she'll be with someone and very locked in, and then be with someone else and very locked in, very locked up to me too.
Speaker 3: We talked about.
Speaker 1: Heart Radio app.
Speaker 7: Yeah, tune in every Thursday on iHeart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts at.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry for you that you've known this guy twenty three years. I don't I don't know how.
Speaker 1: We met when I did radio at Hot ninety eight nine and Charleston, the station that no longer exists, we had a promotion called Crush the Haters and Nas Navigator. This is when NAS's I Am album came out. Me Now came out and we all took a stretch Navigator to go see Nas at the House of Blues in Miami, a stretch Navigator. Myrtle Beach, what's it? Definitely wasn't Miami, that's long. It was definitely murder Beach, South Carolin. All right, it was definitely Myrtle Beach.
Speaker 4: When we come back positive notice the Breakfast Club, Good morning and everybody. It's DJ n G Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now we have the ladies from the We Talked Back podcast with us AJ and tam Bama. Tomorrow they're gonna be joining us as well for freaking Freaky Friday. And you got a Freaky Freaky Friday question still ready, I.
Speaker 3: Do give him a little hit so because they get on the phones ready tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's about bringing home the groceries.
Speaker 1: It's about eating the grocery. That's what it's about.
Speaker 3: Eating the groceries.
Speaker 1: We put you give me all Instagrams and twitters and all.
Speaker 5: Of that is AJ Holiday two point zero on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Twitter.
Speaker 7: We do have Twitter, right, We talked back podcasts on Twitter, and everything else is just we talked back.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm official Tambam on Instagram. Y'all follow me now.
Speaker 3: If you won't get on okay, no chelaman, you got a positive note?
Speaker 2: I do, man.
Speaker 1: The positive note is simply this. I've learned the best way to kill something is deleted. Starve okay, no response, no action, no altercations, don't beat it. That's where your true powerized.
Speaker 5: You're in breakfast club
Speaker 1: Is finish for y'all, Dune