Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn the stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Noel.
Speaker 3: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Lexus, code named Doc Holliday Jackson. Most importantly, you are here, and that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. We are returning from strange adventures, and with us we bring news, not the mainstream news, the strange news. We're so glad you're here, folks. We are going to explore issues of self transformation over in Japan. We're going to explore an ongoing dangerous mystery in California. We might talk a little bit about Ecuador. We might even we might even dive into a paranormal story of divorce. But before we do any of that, we are going to talk about one of our favorite things ever, the idea of preservation, the idea of saving human knowledge from the two frequent disasters of human civilization. But where could you Where could you put something if you wanted to save so many works of humanity, right, like where would you put it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, the mary on a trench.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you're nice, James Cameron, I'll take you down there to retrieve it. And if you change your mind.
Speaker 2: A perfect or some other species that figures out technology to get there might find it, you know, for the purposes of preserving that which was humanity. Or you could you know, just launch it into space, just name in any direction really and just shoot it out there maybe somebody will find it. Or you could you know, put it on the moon.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well, at first you have my attention, Now you have my interest please.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, but we're actually not talking about human knowledge preservation or the preservation of the human race, if you will, We're talking about the preservation of human creativity. Because in the case of the Lunar Codex, which is the first thing we're going to talk about today, it's works of thirty thousand artists, writers, musicians and filmmakers from one hundred and fifty seven countries that are going to be launched in four separate time capsules and go to the moon. They're going to be launched and go to the moon. And this is really happening, well, allegedly it's happening. It's the work of a man named Samuel Peralta, and it is a project, I suppose maybe we could call it. Right now, reading from the guardians Lunar Codex, digitized works of thirty thousand artists to be archived on Moon, it is saying that it's a real thing that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: At least it reminds me of.
Speaker 4: Like the Gold Disc and all that stuff, you know that Carl Sagan was involved in sending out to space in the hopes that some advanced civilization might be able to play it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a gold record, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, the Gold Record and Voyager and all that stuff is fascinating because again it gives kind of a snapshot of humanity from a chemical, biological, intelligence, cultural factor. In this case, it's really precisely aimed at culture. But there is some cool mathematical stuff in the music that you could probably glean right if you were to just discover some of the pieces that are going to be included in that. But ultimately, and this is what Peralta says on the website for Lunar Codex, which is lunarcodex dot com. He says, our hope is that future travelers who find these time capsules again. He says, future travelers, we'll discover some of the richness of our world today. It speaks to the idea that despite wars and pandemics and climate up, evil, humankind found the time to dream.
Speaker 5: To create art, love it there to dream.
Speaker 2: Isn't that beautiful? There's really there's really not much else there. It's just kind of a positive, cool thing that's happening. A little message in the bottle to future humans or whatever comes after us, probably robots, right.
Speaker 3: Or some sort of fungal life form. Matt, I see on the website you shared with us lunarcodex dot com. That Pralta says he did already purchase payload space, which puts this puts this streets ahead to quote community streets ahead of other similar projects from the past.
Speaker 2: Streets ahead, Man, is that a thing?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Well, if you don't know your streets, lad.
Speaker 2: But it's really cool stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I did want to read one other thing from the Guardian article. Here they were talking about how it's going to be stored here we go, Uh, it's going to be digitized and stored on memory cards. So first of all, when you find it, you got to be able to read one of the memory cards. Maybe they'll have a reader, you know, packaged within the thing just for help with a little USB two point zero that surely some robot in the future will be able to plug into it.
Speaker 5: So uh, but they'll definitely have a USB one port.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the future reason they're on a TV three at this point before a dongle for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe USBC. Okay, geez, I don't know. There's also going to be some laser etching onto nanofish files awesome aka tiny fish even tinier than micro kind of whatever.
Speaker 5: I hear fish, I just picture little little swimmy boys.
Speaker 4: You know it's not the tiny salmon.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, hey, let's get let's continue going tiny, maybe not nanosized, but micro sized and move on to human cells, specifically cancer cells and the cancer cells of one Henrietta Lax, who we have spoken about on this show many a time and to some really exciting news when it comes to the family of Henrietta Lax. Let me set you guys up to really just quickly tell the story of Henrietta Lax in a shortened manner. Henrietta Lax is a woman who is being treated for cancer in the early nineteen fifties. In nineteen fifty one, she passed away in Baltimore and some sampling of her cancerous cells. They were used early on for testing, and it turned out that these cells continued to live and continued to be able to be reproduced in laboratory settings. So basically, the original samples from this woman, Henrietta Lax, were reproduced so many times over so many years we're talking about. They're still being used today and grown today. They used them to create things like the polio vaccine. To develop the polio vaccine because they had human cells to run tests on and again in huge amounts. Because these things would just continue to reproduce in a laboratory setting. They were used by I think a bunch of groups because Thermo Fisher Scientific specifically was selling these cancer cells. They were profiting from them.
Speaker 3: Without the families consent. The first immortal technically, the first immortal human cells were quickly First they were researched by a guy named George Otto Gray, and then they were monetized and no one talked to Henrietta before she passed away about this, no one talk to her family. Yeah, and in a very real way, this person has saved millions of lives.
Speaker 4: I believe that was actually the name of the biopic starring Oprah Winfrey, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lax.
Speaker 2: Which was a book written by Rebecca Sclute and that was from twenty ten. Yeah, that's how we found out about it in the first place. It was that book originally when we were talking about it way back in the day on stuff they don't want you to know. And it is just really amazing because the news is the family has settled with Thermo Fisher Scientific. It's been an ongoing court case for quite a while, and you know, it was it was argued by Thermo Fisher, at least within court, that this family had no standing to have any you know, suit against them, basically, and the family was saying, hey, come on, that's how I'm summing up the argument, like, come on, Like the story is now in the public record, you probably owe the family something, and it looks like the family has something. Nothing has been made public as of yet as to what that settlement actually looks like. And you know, when it would be paid out, and really any details, it's just really great news that something has occurred to give I don't know, a little bit of justice for this woman that was taken advantage of in life, and you know, for seventy years after her death.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, said Matt. I believe from what I understand when I first heard about this story, I think it was seen in she has or her family has reached a confidential settlement, so there may be an NDA of some sort, which means the public may never know. But I saw a statement I want to say from Henrietta LAX's grandson that said, on her one hundred and third birthday, we got justice. And it's a question too full disclosure, folks. The three of us have birthdays in quick quick succession.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I wonder how birthdays count if you're Henrietta Lacks because a part of you is still alive in saving the world. That's really weird question for another day.
Speaker 2: That's really weird, guys. I don't have a lot else to add with either of these stories. I just think they're both actually pretty good news and I appreciate that. I hope, I hope we all appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I agree, let's so say we all, yes.
Speaker 4: Much needed reprieve from the the hellish news of late for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes. Well, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back after a word from our sponsors.
Speaker 4: And we return with another piece of good, good news, good boy news.
Speaker 5: It's it's good for somebody.
Speaker 4: I guess if you're into just living your best life, who are we to be grudge anybody whatever that that looks like for them. This story made kind of went viral I think some months ago. Ben, I know you'd seen it about Toko, who is an anonymous and Japanese individual who has become dog. Well, okay, that's a little hyperbolic, perhaps, And honestly, this is also a story about, you know, spreading fake news over sources like TikTok. You know the original reporting on this Toko situation where man undergoes surgery to become the rough Collie.
Speaker 5: There's a reed of Collie. I didn't know rough Collie.
Speaker 4: I thought the rough was just the sound they made when they barked a little tiny rim shot dad joke. But yeah, it's not true that no one has yet remember the movie Tusk. This really awful, kind of unpleasant Kevin Smith movie very on Kevin Smith. I you Kevin Smith about a guy played by Justin and Long who was transformed by a mad scientist into a walrus. And it's really gross and you don't need to say unless you want to unless you love it's. Yeah, it's it's just it's just an unpleasant film. But that's all I'm gonna say about. I kind of scrolled through it just to kind of get the get the highlights.
Speaker 5: But yeah, not something I would highly recommend. But this is not what happened.
Speaker 4: What happened is this individual has chosen to remain as anonymous as humanly possible. Humanly possible A million of them just spend a lot of money around let's see two million Japanese yen which equates to about fourteen grand to have an incredibly lifelike, surreal, bizarre costume made, custom costume made that this individual can fit into. Followed a bunch of sources on this a really good YouTube video Toco of the human dog and for this is disturbing from tough on YouTube. His girlfriend actually made a drawing, but I took a screenshot of Toko, which, by the way, this dog situation is all all all four us looks like a dog. Does it quite move like a dog, But we'll get to that as well.
Speaker 3: Looks more real than the bear at that Chinese zoo getting all the question, and that's a real question.
Speaker 5: It's really weird, it's really very real. The proportions are just right.
Speaker 4: But again, so this this guy Tough on YouTube's girlfriend drew a picture overlay on a screenshot of one of Toko's videos showing how a person would have to be kind of positioned in there. And it's like front arms are front, paws, back legs are knees with the feet up and tucks kind of into the butt. So yeah, I mean, if you guys want to get a look, there's a.
Speaker 2: Actually that makes a ton of sense, no, considering the movement that I've seen on.
Speaker 4: You the movements right, Okay, so you're looking at some of the same stuff. This this this tough video really collects it all pretty beautifully.
Speaker 5: And he goes to some not great lengths.
Speaker 4: Because one thing about this guy Toko, and I'm saying guy because the sound of this individual's voice seems to be a masculine voice. So this person whatever gender is irrelevant in general, but wants.
Speaker 5: To remain anonymous. Toco, you know, has done some sort of Ama style videos.
Speaker 4: There's one particular that's really funny where they're dressed up in the dog costume and like scrolling through these like pieces of paper that have captions on them in Japanese and English, using their paw and occasionally getting frustrated at not being able to like bend their wrists. So there's a couple of jump cuts where someone clearly helps them flip the page.
Speaker 5: It's funny, but it's also disturbing. Matt. You may be referring to some of the images of Toko trying to climb stairs.
Speaker 4: That one is upsetting. It's just like the way like those Japanese nightmare demons move and like the Grudge. There's just something really unwieldy and like inhuman about the movement, obviously, because it's it's not how human they're supposed to move. And this person is, you know, inside this this strange suit. But you know, you can look at images video of them zooming into the mouth and you can see very realistic teeth, you know, canines in particular, and the eyes are that of like a dead dog. They're just black like a doll's eyes like they're jaws eyes. You can't see yeah, pig time, you can't see into the into the and you can't see any hide nor hair totally. They're gonna be coming of who this individual is. No indication there is a reflection of the camera person briefly, and also there's some playing catch kind of moments in some of the videos, and you do see the camera person's hands, but it's really not clear what that person looks like. There's really no information. I'll just add and then I'd love to hear what you his thoughts are. This YouTuber did kind of figure out that this individual has a Twitch account and is a really big fan of a Pokemon game, one in particular.
Speaker 5: It's like so many of those are let's see it. No, it's called Pokemon Unite.
Speaker 4: And they actually maintain another YouTube channel that is not dog related, that is exclusively devoted to streaming a lot of Pokemon Unite that actually seems to get a little more attention than the dog content.
Speaker 5: But what do you guys think?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, we've talked about furries and the moral panic around that in America with the they're putting letter.
Speaker 5: Boxes in the schools.
Speaker 4: I just kind of got to wonder, this is going to fuel more of that kind of talk if it goes more mainstream, if people and government are gonna start pointing to it.
Speaker 5: What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: Well, for for me, it's it's fascinating. I went down a rabbit hole in that YouTube channel for quite a while watching videos, and that's why I think it was mildly disturbing. Only when thinking about how uncomfortable I imagine this person is in the costume. As I figured out that, oh, those are in order for him to be in those dimensions, he would have to be on his knees. As they're making videos titled you know, taking Toko for a walk or something going for a walk, and Toko's attempting to walk on concrete with again front hands seem to be very like fine, but then the back legs are just somebody's knees being jammed into concrete as they're attempting to walk in the dog suit and very slowly. Might I add, because again it's painful.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, it's like it reminds me of a Shrek the musical. If you guys haven't seen that, it's it's wonderful just to show my music theater or the one.
Speaker 5: Character little the short guy what's his name that the lord or whatever? Yeah, yeah, the actor. Kwah, yeah, the actor.
Speaker 3: The only way they could do that live action is to have the guy moving on his knees. But he is covered in a cape, so you don't see the cows and the you know, the the tarsels or whatever, but the sorry feet. But the the thing is with with Toko here, and it does sound like this individual wants to be identified as Toco with Toko like the The thing that I think is continued our run of good news is that I heard Noel Matt maybe you guys can confirm this. I heard that recently Toko had a grand debut it's being called toward the end of July on a German TV station. And in this Toko was not shamed nor mocked by humans. They were just you know, they're very curious species, so they were just staring. But dogs, more importantly, weren't mad about it. Dogs were like, oh, you're interesting. You maybe don't walk quite the same, but Toko passed the rough Collie test. And I don't know, man like to your point, to your point, yes, there will be cyclical moral panics about anyone who lived a life or has an identity that doesn't quite jibe with the status quo, especially in a culture like Japan, where the nail that sticks out shall be hammered down. But live your truth, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: If you've got an extra fourteen thousand dollars and you want twenty two twenty two thousand, whatever it is us, that's right you yeah, and you've just got it and you want to do something for you, man, as long as everyone else is gonna be okay, you know, with you spending that money, then let's do it.
Speaker 5: It's kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: There's a The company behind the suit is called Zippets or Zippet, and they it's nothing to do with pets, a coincidence, unrelated. They make like animatronic kind of things, digital modeling, robotics, things for movies, you know, and TV shoots, like all kinds of masks and set pieces and crazy costumes.
Speaker 6: And if you go on their site though, there are a handful of very elaborate costumes that they have made that are listed as a custom made for personal order.
Speaker 4: So you gotta wonder if there's a flap somewhere. Okay, we don't have to go there.
Speaker 5: We don't have to go there.
Speaker 6: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's a good question though, So maybe our fellow conspiracy realist can illuminate that for us. I just think, you know, the thing is, Toco isn't hurting anyone, right, gel Toko's not a guard dog.
Speaker 5: Just their knees.
Speaker 4: Just Toco is hurting no one. They talk as well about the production cycle. A thing took forty days to make. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean, like really crazy amounts of labor and creativity go into this.
Speaker 5: I imagine that they helped.
Speaker 4: They designed it for Toco with some specifications.
Speaker 5: It was funny. There's there's other's a quote from him saying at one point that.
Speaker 4: The people from the company did inform me that this may be difficult as the makeup of the of the of a collie's skeleton differs wildly from that of a human. And you know this wolf costume and I'm looking at is meant to be standing upright the kicker here. And the thing that makes this whole thing that uncanny Valley vibe is the fact that it looks like a lumbering like dog and for a minute you didn't know, you would be fooled. Then you might be like, wait, it's moving a little wonky. Is it like a robot? What's going on here? And it would not immediately be clear to anybody. And you know, I mean, you could call this a fetish, you could call this perhaps there's some some kind of sexual gratification involved. But we know about certainly individuals that like to be dominated and put on leashes, and the idea of becoming a dog perhaps can be tied into that.
Speaker 5: This is not something that Toco has said. I'm not trying to psychoanalyze this person.
Speaker 4: I'm saying it's certainly part of what we think of when it comes to like, you know, even like the iggy pop song I Want to Be Your Dog.
Speaker 5: You know, it's meant to be kind of an S and M type song. So who knows.
Speaker 4: And obviously this stuff is very big in Japan, but I think it's really cool and and to your point, Ben Toko is hurting no one seems to be just a matter of not wanting to blow up their spot and have people talking to them about it all the time. And I think it's cool to be able to remain anonymous. You know, I was bummed when we found out who Daft Punk were. I think they maybe always knew who they were. But still I like the idea of anonymity in pop culture and stuff, and it's so rare these days because everyone is just too oversharing. So that's that one wants to add. It's it's I think it's awesome, and it's it is creepy. There are things about these videos that are a little okay, but all in all, I think it's just great.
Speaker 3: Well, wait before we go to ask that, No, I got a question for you, uh, for for everybody. Were you to become a theory in trope, you know, like a skin walker, where you to be able to transform into an animal? Friend across the Pacific made their choice they would transform into a rough collie. Do you guys have animals that you would want to be able to change into?
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 4: All I'm gonna say is you might think that, But then what if all of a sudden you were transformed to that animal and it just didn't feel the way you thought it would feel at all, and you just kind of went insane immediately, where you just couldn't cope with it that terrifies me. I was gonna say, flying squirrel is that they've got the best of both worlds.
Speaker 5: They can scatter it, scamper around up and down.
Speaker 4: The trees, Willy nilly and the sugar glider, whatever you want to call them, I think. But then all of a sudden you're one of those. Does your brain then become just like that, like, is it a hybrid?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Matt would.
Speaker 2: In this case. I think it's more what kind of costume would you want Zeppet to design for you to make you look like a human version of a flying squirrel?
Speaker 3: Oh you're not doing skin changing?
Speaker 2: Oh we're doing We're doing full skin changes. Okay, cool, I just want That's where I was going with it. Okay, can we point out I just had to say this out because it's been replaying in my mind since it happened. Ben, you were trying to come up with the word for feet, and you said meta tarsals and you just did it so casually.
Speaker 5: It was good at parties.
Speaker 3: They're the bones of the foot.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was great, you know.
Speaker 5: Feet. I'm sorry trying to change the subject. Matt, what animal will you because.
Speaker 3: You already change your skin, Matt. What animal are you? Man? When you're not on the.
Speaker 2: Show, I'm a squeed.
Speaker 5: I wonder I promise you no longer to eat your brethren. Yes, yes, I love the way you pronounced that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: We're just we're on fire today, y'all. Let's take a break.
Speaker 4: Man, Let's take that break and have a word from our sponsor, and then come back with one more piece of strange.
Speaker 3: News and we have returned, fellow conspiracy realists. Okay, So there is a place over in California that is now becoming a hotbed of intelligence speculation. Have you ever heard of a group called Flannery Associates l LC?
Speaker 5: Yes I have not.
Speaker 4: When I saw this story, I thought had something to do with Flannery O'Connor.
Speaker 3: Me too, man, I was hoping. I was hoping. Severely underrated author even though she is canonical. This group, Flannery O'Connor, for a while has been buying out keep it. That's how close the association is. So nothing to do with Flannery O'Connor, just like Zeppe It in Japan, have nothing to do with pets. Flannery Associates Limited Liability Corporation has been quietly buying up thousands and thousands of acres of far land in Solano County. Solano County, for those of us playing along at home, is associated with Travis Air Force Base. For the USAF. The thing is okay. LLC's buy land all the time. Corporations, business entities, investment entities. They buy up commercial and residential land all the time in the United States, such that it's becoming a huge problem for anybody under forty who wants to one day buy a house. Atlanta is ground zero for some frankly predatory actions by groups like Blackrock. Flannery Associates currently has fifty five thousand acres of dry farmland adjacent to Travis Air Force Base. Not just adjacent, but sort of turning it into a peninsula. They bought up like three sides of the land bordering this air Force base. The purchases started in twenty eighteen, they're continuing as we record today. That's at least eight hundred million dollars as of July thirtieth, so like just a few days ago, as we record. And here's the kicker. If you ask the local authorities, Hey, who is Flannery Associates The one thing they can tell you with some degree of certitude is that it's probably nothing to do with Flannery O'Connor common misconception that would say the thing they cannot tell you is essentially everything else. They have no idea who owns it. I did a little bit of digging. I've got some like half assed answers, frankly, but they're not answers to my satisfaction. If you ask the federal officials who you know, if you ask the US Air Force and so on, then their public statement is that they don't. No. Everyone is collectively shrugging, yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, is it too early to just go over ideas of why you would buy land around air Force base.
Speaker 3: Also, the only thing we need to set up for that is that they threatened individual landholders and are taking them to court. Flannery is taking these folks to court, with the contention being that these individual farmers or farm land owners are illegally preventing them from buying more stuff.
Speaker 2: Wait, what so? But they're not. There's no eminent domaining going on. They're buying land that was for sale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, if there was a willing seller for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is all this is so weird to me.
Speaker 3: What do you think you?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got some ideas. The first one that came to mind before I understood the scope and really understood where Solano County is, the west of Sacramento and everything. My first thought was a spying on a military base, because you could. You could just set up anything, any sensors to look up in the sky basically see and see any aircraft that lands or takes off from that base. Right, you could, theoretically, but you could do that without buying land, I think, or buying one small piece of land. So that doesn't make any sense. What about stuff that's underneath the surface of the land?
Speaker 3: Ooh, mineral rights, water, water, things like that. Yeah, I mean both the Chinese and the Saudi Arabian governments have been making agricultural deals which do essentially divest the United States of water. Whoa any of you think about it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, well let's continue, because that's that's what I was thinking too. No, you got one. You gotta guess. Does that sound off base or are you thinking?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I think it's I mean, I'm with you. I'm just kind of playing along at home.
Speaker 5: I want to hear more.
Speaker 3: All right, So so do a little digging and you will find that Flannery Associates, LLC is a branch of a place called Burst Creativity. Flannery Associates, LLC.
Speaker 5: Out of Delaware, Delaware. We're in Delaware.
Speaker 4: It turns out as a magical place when it comes to at least tax havens and shady dealings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I feel you man. Maybe I was profiling a little as well, But as soon as I saw Delaware, I thought, okay, corporate governance a little more friendly in that state. So what we find is that Flannery Associates has a fixer, an attorney out of DC who refuses to divulge what this land will be used for, what the purpose of it is, and ultimately also refuses to divulge the entire the identities basically behind the shell. Flannery Associates did reply to i think a Department of Agriculture request for more information, and when they replied, they said something like, look, ninety seven percent of our capital is based in the US. There they said something slippery, They said, there is no nun say foreign entity. I think they just said ninety seven percent is US based, which is a lot like answering a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's real similar, real real similar.
Speaker 3: From far enough away, it looks like answering the question. So the mystery continues. Officials don't know. People contact to Congress about this house represented, senators, etc. And no one is sure what's happening. We do know some existing laws, and we do know some existing public facts that have already been out there before this company formed. Oh also, this LLC pretty young stuff they don't want you to know, not just as a show but as a podcast, is older than Flannery Associate's LLC. It incorporated in twenty eighteen and it's just been blowing up. So we know that the offer's Flannery has been giving people in this area near Travis Air Force Base are way above asking price, way above what you would expect for this raw agricultural land or drive farmland as they would call it. We also know that this agricultural land has restrictions on its use in Solano County, meaning that if you buy this stuff, you can't immediately build you know, a string of those live laugh, love mixed use condo developments or.
Speaker 2: Well that's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there's that, sure, But this is a mystery that continues, and right now the thing that is, maybe it's understandable, but I don't know how helpful it is. When you do see reporting on this, you'll often see people raising the flag of senophobia si no phobia meaning anti Chinese sentiment, and they'll say, oh, rabble, the Chinese are taken over this air force space and stuff like that. Not necessarily the case. There's been no provable evidence of that. But I have a guess on the mystery. If you guys want to hear.
Speaker 2: It, is it the government itself? Well?
Speaker 4: Did you mention that some that officials have told news stations they are quote, highly skeptical about this company's intense.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, as reported in the in Politico and the Hill. When congressional folks have been asked about this, Representative John Garamendi's district includes the base is one of the people who who says similar things like why is this secret of organization buying up all the land? I love that you bring this up. No, because it sounds like, at least publicly, the folks we pay to represent us in US governments are just as clueless and they think something's up. But how much of that is theater. How much of that is sincerity?
Speaker 5: What do you think theater of the mind?
Speaker 3: Man, all theaters theater of the mind?
Speaker 5: Right, sure?
Speaker 3: So, okay, there's another thing. Sacramento sees a ton of air traffic. It's known across the world. It's home to some critical military ops. It's also currently deeply involved in the effort to transport stuff into Poland for the ongoing war. And you cry, which makes some other folks say, hey, maybe this is a Russian operation. I want to go back to your question, Matt, is it uncle Sam not knowing what its left hand is doing when people ask the right hand something.
Speaker 2: They couldn't get a budget to expand the Air Force base, so they're like, fine, we'll use our black budget and we'll just buy all the land and then we'll start moving stuff on to it. And we'll be like, oh, we're associated with Flannery associates. Now, No, I'm just joking. I have no idea, but that's that would just be a move for some reason. I don't know why, but like there's been some release. Yeah, forty chest is just buy all the land so nobody can bother us anymore.
Speaker 3: Here's my going concern on this I think it is. I have to be careful with this one. There is a strong what we could call non zero likelihood that intelligence does know us. Intelligence does know exactly who is doing this and why. And the thing in that kind of game is if you know what someone is doing, if you know the entity that is having that is playing this three card monte or shell game of land acquisition, and then what you want to do is never publicly say it. What you want to do is let them keep dig in the hole, right. You want them to get more and more comfortable and be more and more acclimated, right, and to think they got away with it, And then that's an opportunity for you to feed false information. So maybe, but in both Matt and both your example and in the example that I'm doing and these thoughts experiments, we are signed need a great deal of wait for it, intelligence to these actors. One thing that is more frightening than any conspiracy in the world is, as our old pal Dan Harmon said, the idea that there's no one at the wheel. What if it is, what if there's a secret organization a flannery O'Connor stands, you know what I mean? And all they want to do is take over Travis Air Force Base so they can cause play good country people and a good man is hard to find and all those hits, I think that's beast likely maybe, But that's the thing. Without enough information, it is currently not something we can we can solidly confirm, and it's not something we can solidly deny. In fact, I would I would posit this is textbook stuff they don't want you to know. We're going to keep this one short. There was a ghost divorce we didn't get to. But the course of true love never did run smooth as they say there were. There was massive chaos in Ecuador, which did not get reported widely in US news outside of Univision, which I think all of us should be watching more often. The thing that we want to walk away with is this. We want your.
Speaker 5: Help, folks.
Speaker 3: If you could change into an animal, what animal? What'd you change into? If you could put something on the moon for posterity or creative work, what would it be. It's okay if it's a description of the animal you want to change into, and if you work with Lannry Associates LLC, or if you have a guess or a lead to take us further down the rabbit hole happening over there in Sacramento. We want to hear from you. Join us, you know, as the old proverb goes, if you want to move fast, move alone. If you want to move far, move together. So we can't wait for you to be part of the team. Tell us your thoughts. You're the most important part of the show. We try to be easy to find online.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 4: You can find us online at the handle conspiracy Stuff where we exist on Twitter, so keep calling at that and YouTube and also Facebook. That's the one. We have our Facebook group. Here's where it gets crazy. Conspiracy Stuff shows what you will find us as on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you like calling people and talking with your mouth on your phone? Call one eight three three std WYTK. It's a voicemail system. You've got three minutes. Give us a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your message and voice on the air. If you don't want to do that, why not send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 3: We are conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't want you to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.