Speaker 1: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and this is one of the most popular segments on our show right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 1: Shockingly because it's one of the more serious ones that we do where our listeners can get some resolution in their lives. It's called closure call. Yeah, and some people will advise you let the past be the past, but not here. We like to dig the past up, dust it off, throw a mustache on it, and prop it up for everyone to see and take cute pictures.
Speaker 2: With So funny with a mustache. I like it.
Speaker 1: That way we can get some much needed finality. And one of our listeners, Peter, is on the phone today hoping to prop up his MUSTACHEI had past, so Peter, Good day, mate, Good day.
Speaker 2: Peter has an accent. I like it. How are you doing, Peter.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good. I'm excited to be here and I think this is a really great thing that y'all are doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tell us about why E mailed us. What happened in your past?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, I had this buddy back in my twenties. His name was Arlow, and we used to hang out all the time, like you know, we did the bars we picked up girls, we did video games.
Speaker 1: Brooke real quick. Did you ever sleep with an Arlow?
Speaker 2: I didn't, okay, but I would have.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a fun guy, you know, like everyone's going to party with Arlow?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, it sounds like he sounds popular.
Speaker 1: So what happened with Arlow?
Speaker 3: He was? He was fun. Well, one night, you know, he crashed at my place. In the next morning, I get up and and he's not there. He's not on the sofa like it was. It was kind of like his his sofa, right, it's where he slept.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that would be unusual for him to be gone the morning after drinking.
Speaker 3: Well, without a doubt. Like I was the coffee person, I would get him all set.
Speaker 2: Up, so okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So a little bit later, get ready for work, I go out. I went to grab my keys, and my keys are gone. I couldn't find my keys anymore. And I always just tossed him in the knocking the door.
Speaker 1: Sure, but after a night of drinking, who knows where the keys landed.
Speaker 4: Sometimes well, hopefully you were even driving the night before.
Speaker 3: Right, like, no, no, no, definitely, this was this was an at home video game movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, Okay, Yeah, that is weird that the keys wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Be there exactly. So I go downstairs and my car's gone.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why they are there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ad Arlow borrowed your car before without asking, because I'm guessing that's.
Speaker 3: Who that was my question. So I call him, no answer, I text him, no response. I call again, and now it's going direct to voicemail, and so you know, I'm getting a little concerned. Yeah, I'm leaving text message after text message, like yo, Arlow, what's up? Where are you doing? And he never responds. I mean, like twenty four hours go by and he doesn't Respondike, So.
Speaker 4: Wait, did you like call his family or like a girlfriend or somebody to help try to track him. I'd be freaked out that he's like in a ditch somewhere.
Speaker 1: Now you're getting in twenty four hours is like the area of worry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that that's exactly where I was. So I called the police. Oh yeah, and I found the report for my missing car missing person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't find this car. Really bad, guys.
Speaker 3: I filed for the missing car and I let him know, like my guy I love he's gone too, And they're like, well, we can focus on the car and hopefully ourlot will turn up with the vehicle. And so days go back, you know, three, four or five days? What nothing, Nothing happened.
Speaker 2: And I'm and you still haven't heard from Arlow.
Speaker 3: I know I haven't heard from I asked the mutual friend. You know, we had some folks that we that we hang out with and no contact with them either. Right, He's like essentially just ghosted like everybody.
Speaker 1: That is not a good sign.
Speaker 2: I love a dude's reaction, Like, just ghosted everybody. I'd be like, I'm track his phone everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yes, So sometimes guys just need a little bit of a loan.
Speaker 2: I'd be calling the hospital. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you try contacting his family or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah I did. I did go to both place.
Speaker 1: Oh you went to his parents place?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I found out through that visit that he did contact them and he said that he was taking a trip and he'd be back later. And you know, I tried to press them for details, but they didn't have any details because he was really vague about it.
Speaker 1: And just took your car for this impromptu trip.
Speaker 5: Car.
Speaker 3: At this point, it's six days, six days, Oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, I mean, had he ever done anything like this before?
Speaker 2: Is he like the crazy guy you know that will do random stuff?
Speaker 3: No, he was never like the crazy one. I mean he was up for a good time.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, unpredictable.
Speaker 2: So this was totally out of character. I guess this is my question.
Speaker 3: It is not a character. And you know this is three years ago.
Speaker 1: Whoa, Wow, that's a long trip to take time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if my car was still running.
Speaker 2: Wait, you don't have your car.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I had to like let it go, like I had to move on. I mean, he.
Speaker 1: Filed a missing report on it, so if a police officer pulled the guy over anything, you get it back, right.
Speaker 3: But nothing, nothing happened, Nothing came of the police search, nothing came of the car search. And I wasn't like pressing his parents every day for information, so I I mean, I just had to move on.
Speaker 4: Why So it's been three years, no car, and you haven't talked to Arlow exactly.
Speaker 3: But the other day one of my buddies said that they saw a post from Arlow on social media and the location looks like it's some kind of tropical or subtropical place.
Speaker 1: He drove your car across the ocean. No, that is really weird, dude. Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on. You know, we might you know, now, my friends, we're all we're not talking about Arlow again. And I just figured i'd reach out to you guys, yeah, and see if you get help.
Speaker 2: Out the mystery of Arlow for sure. I mean I've had friends that have gotten up and moved to tropical locations, but they tell.
Speaker 4: People, yeah, steal your car, Yeah, left guessing his job, his family, less everything.
Speaker 1: And if you're just joining us, we're doing something called the closure call here. If any of our listeners are unfamiliar with this segment, it takes a long time to do these. We have to reach out to these people weeks and sometimes months in advance just so we could track them down and get some answers here.
Speaker 2: So please stop texting that you want to hear it every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of work for us, well for a producer. And I'll tell you we did reach out to our low and Peter, our listener already knows that, but Arlow did not respond to any of our texts. The number said it was disconnected, then why are we here? Well, we did. Also, we sent him emails. He didn't respond to any of the emails.
Speaker 2: What did you send him? The facts of carrier pigeons?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. Arlow did respond when we d m him.
Speaker 2: Was that when we used that fake picture of the girl with a big boot?
Speaker 1: But he said leave me alone and he us So our producer went to a different account and reached out to Arlow from there again saying, we are going to keep doing this and keep contacting you until you answer a few of our questions.
Speaker 2: Producer is a worse.
Speaker 1: He's not a listener of ours, and technically he's a thief. So I'm okay with it. And finally Arlow said, fine.
Speaker 4: Act gonna be real friendly in the emails.
Speaker 1: We're going to find out because we sent him four questions and he responded back. And now we know where Arlow went back then, and more importantly why so we're gonna find out exactly what happened after he took your car, Peter, three years ago, when we come back and get your closure call. Next, we're in the middle of a closure call with one of our listeners, Peter. This is a very serious segment.
Speaker 2: This doesn't help, Okay.
Speaker 1: I only play this music because Peter had kind of a mystery situation happened to him three years ago in his late twenties. He had a buddy named Arlow who spent the night over at his place. But when Peter woke up the next morning, Arlow was gone, and so was Peter's car.
Speaker 2: Arlow stole your car, dude.
Speaker 1: Well we assume we assume that he took the car. We don't know that for sure, but ever since that happened, we're putting two and two together. But we've been wrong about these things in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the keys were literally gone from the dish by the door.
Speaker 1: Jet could have been a ghost. We don't know. Arlow has been m i a though to family, friends and to Peter for the last three years.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: The thing is Arlow posted on his social media the other day from a tropical location, and that's how we were able to get in touch with him and finally get some answers on what happened three years ago. Now, Peter, all that you know right now is that he's responded to the questions, and you work with the producers on which questions to ask him.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, we did. Yeah, and the producers really helpful with that.
Speaker 4: And you sound like a really chill dude, But like, how are you feeling because this is a friend who just left you, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like that would be really hard.
Speaker 3: Oh it was hard. It is hard, and I mean, honestly, I kind of forgot about it until my body said, oh my god, look at this photo of Arlow and where the hell is he?
Speaker 2: Like, if you couldn't stay of on social media, he had to post.
Speaker 1: Now, Peter, you don't know the answers yet, and no one in this room knows, but we're about to find out and hopefully give you some peace of mind here with the closure call. So let's just get right into this.
Speaker 4: I hope all your friends are listening to because I know that every one of you want to know what happened.
Speaker 3: Oh they are, they will be.
Speaker 1: And this is kind of funny because I know that you miss your friend. You told us that that he was a fun guy. But of course your first question has to do with your car.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's just like when you call the police report about the missing car and didn't report the missing person.
Speaker 1: Also, there's a human life at stake, but really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, so I get. I mean my thought maybe is the car will lead us to Arlow.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, let's see.
Speaker 1: So first question, why in the world would you steal my car and leave me hanging like that? Okay, so Arlow wrote back. He said, first of all, your car was a piece of Oh wow, probably worth less than five hundred dollars. Oh I did you a favor his car? And second of all, I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't take it that night, So I guess I have to thank you. Next question, WHOA I.
Speaker 3: Don't like this. Wow, that tone sounds really harsh.
Speaker 4: I guess that's why the police didn't put much energy into finding your car.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell us it wasn't worth anything.
Speaker 3: You know, it was worth more than five hundred dollars for sure. I mean, I just put new tires on it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, he's wanting to get more money back.
Speaker 2: The next question, why did you sell my tires?
Speaker 1: Let's go to question two. Here, we asked where have you been for the last three years? And why haven't you spoken to me or anyone else about it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: This is the question so Arlow wrote, the best way to say it is. I needed to leave my old life behind. And even though I considered you a friend at the time, Peter, I didn't feel like you'd take a bullet for me.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: He says, that's the kind of loyalty I need. So I had a few contacts down south, ended up in Honduras for a bit business deal here, made some money, and invested in crypto. Nobody was doing it at the time. I made a killing off coins that look like kittens and now I live very well. But there's zero chance I'm coming back, So.
Speaker 2: He must because that's.
Speaker 1: So Peter, What do you think about that he's rich?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's honestly hard to hear that.
Speaker 1: Are you jealous? Is that what this is.
Speaker 5: Going?
Speaker 3: I don't don't really even know what that is, but I mean, I guess good for him. I don't know why he needed to leave without zero connection.
Speaker 2: And are you pissed? Like he's like, you wouldn't take a bullet for me? Like, what is that?
Speaker 1: Is that true? Would you have jumped in front of a bullet for him?
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, in my twenties, before he stole my car, probably would have Right now, I'm not feeling like I would.
Speaker 4: What kind of barometer is that protesting a friendship or not.
Speaker 2: I don't think I take a bullet for any of you guys.
Speaker 1: I take like a slap can now you said no if a burger came out.
Speaker 2: It's like help. I don't believe that you would. Apparently Arlow's a little intense.
Speaker 1: We're in the middle of a closure call right now. We're trying to get answers for Peter, whose car and friend both went missing three years ago.
Speaker 4: So far, we've just found out that he just got really rich on some sort of weird kitty coin.
Speaker 1: And was in Honduras for a while. Apparently, let's go to the third question. We asked, do you feel bad or guilty for leaving us all hanging? A lot of friends still care about you, and we're worried for months, so Arlow wrote back, looking back, the only person I feel bad for is myself.
Speaker 5: What because of the low because of the low lives I used to hang around in that god forsaken town that he did?
Speaker 1: Oh my God, says I always knew I was destined for greater things, and I realize now that you my girlfriend are other idiot friends and my own parents were just holding me back. He ends it with, so in short, ha, no regrets, Oh, give me a refund.
Speaker 3: For the car, Like you're rich now, I mean, honestly, I don't know like he can himself at this point.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, if I was in your position, Peter, I would see an opportunity here to reach out to a really rich friend who's apparently moved up in life. And there's a chance for you to like apologize maybe here and I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, or hire an attorney, okay.
Speaker 2: To get your car back the six hundred dollars he owes you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll be honest, this is really disorienting, Okay, I mean it's going to.
Speaker 2: Make it easier for closure for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So let's get to that last question that we send. We send Arlow, is there anything else you'd like to say or get off your chest? And Arlow said, yeah, three things. One, the girls in South America are five hundred times hotter and more fun than the ones in the previous goal I lived in.
Speaker 2: Again, I've heard this, Arlow eating docks.
Speaker 1: Yea, maybe it's a point number Two. If you're smart, you'll leave like me and maybe someday you'll own a mansion on the beach and swim in champagne hot tubs. Sounds kind of fun.
Speaker 2: It sounds sticky.
Speaker 1: And then three he says, just so, just like, you'll stop about it and leave me the hell alone, give me your venmo and I'll send you twenty bucks for your act car. And then he says bye forever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'll say bye forever to Arlow. He sounds like he's a.
Speaker 2: Total Oh do you want us to share your venmoan? It is twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: He can keep the twenty bucks. It seems like it's more important to him than friendship.
Speaker 1: And yeah, dude, I'm sorry this happened the way that it did. Like you never really know what you're gonna get when we do these calls, and sounds like your friend Arlow is kind of a jerk. But hopefully we gave you some resolution here.
Speaker 3: No, you did. I mean it's not the kind of closure I wanted, although I didn't know what to expect. But I mean, at least now we can just close the book on this part.
Speaker 2: And the friends are rich jerk and.
Speaker 1: Wants nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: Don't be an Arlow in this world.
Speaker 1: Also, come we borrow your car real quick. I promise we'll bring it back. Remember remember, if you want to get a little bit of closure in your life, you can always reach out to the show on our socials at Brook and Jeffrey or on the website Brooknjeffrey dot com and we can bring a little peace of mind to something from your past with a closure call. Yeah, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.