Speaker 1: Couldn't get enough of us. Huh, well, hey, neither can I. I also listen to the podcast every day. After the show, I go home and I listen. I cut out the parts with everyone else. It's just me.
Speaker 2: But you should listen to the full show because it's way better that way it starts now.
Speaker 3: Experts say self checkout isn't going anywhere. Oh In fact, these days, self checkout machines are probably gonna ask you for a tip once you're done.
Speaker 1: That's true, and they're here for the long haul.
Speaker 3: But there's a criminal defense attorney on TikTok who came out and said you should never use self checkout.
Speaker 1: Why all I use?
Speaker 4: You're going to be accused of shoplifting like Alexis when she accused within the Green Peppers instead.
Speaker 1: Of the red you've seen the TikTok then.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm talking about Alexis's actual admission of that.
Speaker 3: You know, the woman says, too risky because you can get falsely arrested for shoplifting.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Like, let's say you do accidentally take something without paying. In a Lexus case, you like to round down from ten sweet potatoes to two. You know, basic math. Once the store does inventory and finds it that they're off. They'll actually look through the security tapes.
Speaker 1: And the footage from the self checkout machines, and they're able to trace it back to you using your rewards card, your credit cards.
Speaker 3: And now they're actually starting to report people to the police for ringing things up wrong.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with I don't believe this woman.
Speaker 1: I know that every time I say I don't believe that it's conspiracy after.
Speaker 7: They're checking these cameras strong now.
Speaker 1: She's getting cases where they're suing people.
Speaker 4: I want the attorney to go work at a grocery store because they're not reporting.
Speaker 1: Why do we even do this show? If you don't believe anything that I.
Speaker 4: Tell you, look got an interesting point, come on on.
Speaker 1: The other station that you love to shout out. But if you still field.
Speaker 3: The urge to your self check out, the legal experts say only do it with small orders, make sure you keep your receipts to be able to prove that you actually pay for your stuff, and go extremely slow, like slow so that the cameras can pick up everything that you do.
Speaker 4: I will say every time I go to self checkout, I have a total paranoia that someone thinks that I'm stealing, and I make sure to.
Speaker 6: Take my receipt.
Speaker 1: The fear is real, live and fear. There you go.
Speaker 6: I made nobody's reporting crap looking at surveillance.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, forget everything I said, because Brook says it's a lie. Let's just go to the shat calla question of the day, Jake, give us some totally.
Speaker 1: True trivia, nice and sloth like, please.
Speaker 2: And I'll say, I don't believe you.
Speaker 8: What I found out today is World Lion Day. According to my international every day has to be something day.
Speaker 1: Calendar, you do know every day.
Speaker 8: I thought this is the perfect topic for this group of animal enthusiasts. Yay irons sleep twenty hours a day, just like Jose. They have voracious appetites for disgusting scraps like Brooke, and they sing songs about befriending faral bug eating hogs just like Jeffrey. So in theory, you should have no problem getting all your answers right in a special one and done.
Speaker 1: Claws pause and blood dripping jaws shut.
Speaker 4: Collar.
Speaker 9: Question of the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hose, it's your turn.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 8: The original Lion King movie came out in nineteen ninety four, true, and the remake of the live action Lion King came out in twenty nineteen. One of those movies is the number one highest grossing animated film of all time, and the other is thirteenth, which is number one.
Speaker 2: I always think like the classics have more time to generate money, like it's been you know, for sale for twenty thirty years.
Speaker 3: Also, you had to go to the movie theaters back then. Yeah, now everything was streaming.
Speaker 1: Streamingmaking.
Speaker 4: Disagree with every false statement you make of the show.
Speaker 7: Is that what you want?
Speaker 1: We can discuss it rather than me a liar. I feel like.
Speaker 2: I still think the original is gonna hold the record, so I'm gonna go with the older one.
Speaker 8: Jake Jose said, the original, that is, the Lion King remake made one point six billion dollars and the original Lion King is almost at a billion, so we're over one. Alexis, it's your question, and no one in the room may help her in the slight.
Speaker 1: Alexis.
Speaker 8: In the Wizard of Oz, the tin Man was looking for a heart, the Scarecrow was.
Speaker 1: Looking for brains. What was the lion in search of?
Speaker 10: I think in.
Speaker 7: School when I was little.
Speaker 4: I can't believe we've gone this long without Jose doing the impression.
Speaker 7: I'm saying lion.
Speaker 6: I almost said his name, and then I ruined it because like if you say the.
Speaker 1: Full name of we're not allowed to help or assist.
Speaker 9: That's not true.
Speaker 7: There's a guy looking for what.
Speaker 8: So far, there was a tin man looking for a heart, the scared crow was looking for brains?
Speaker 1: What was the lion in search of? Okay, sex drive.
Speaker 7: He's really scared of everything. I think he's super scared. So it's like I think you, Sally, it's like bravery or courage or like some not going to need a patness.
Speaker 1: I need you to give me one answer.
Speaker 5: Bravery went with bravery, That is, he was looking for courage, because I wasn't bravery either, So I.
Speaker 4: Almost said the cowardly lion, and I thought that that would lend you to get into the right answer.
Speaker 1: The king open next over, Jeffrey.
Speaker 8: Some lions breed with other jungle creatures, like a big cat mashup an entirely new species of animal. Tell me which of the following is a real animal. A lion leopard, which is a combination of a lion and a leopard, a jagglon, a combination of a jaguar and a lion, or a pumata, a combo of a puma and a cheetah.
Speaker 6: That sounds awesome, sounds like a cocktail. I want to drink.
Speaker 1: Italian Italian cocktail.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say the jaguar lion is not real because jaguars are in South America and lions are Africa.
Speaker 1: Kay, Puma, puma, cheetah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are they living in the same place.
Speaker 1: Cheetahs are like exclusively.
Speaker 6: Africa, So aren't puma's in Africa? Are I think they are too?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think the lion.
Speaker 6: I'd argue against you, but then I'll be a king. You can't have a conversation with Jeffrey today.
Speaker 1: We look at that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with lion leopard combo, Lio leopard.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey said, Lio leopard. That is, it's a jaggulon.
Speaker 8: Jacque or jaquelon is the offspring between a male jaguar and a female lion.
Speaker 11: Lion.
Speaker 1: Us we are three brook It's your turn, okay. Brook.
Speaker 8: Lions are the national animal of several African countries, but they are also the national animal of many European nations. To which of these has a lion as its symbol? Is it A the Netherlands, B, Spain or C Finland?
Speaker 4: Well finished lion seems ridiculous, doesn't.
Speaker 6: It's just so north like the other ones, so cold.
Speaker 3: England is even farther north, and they're famously like love the lions, that's true.
Speaker 4: That sometimes nice everybody that had lions. That's the I think connection there.
Speaker 8: From Narnia and lived in the snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not pigeonhole lions for the.
Speaker 8: Brook said, Netherlands that is kraz It's called the Dutch lion, Spain's animals the bowl, and Finland is a brown bear.
Speaker 3: All right, So Jose Alexis and I got ours wrong. We're going to be taking the shock. And somebody wanted to hear Circle of Life from the Lion King.
Speaker 1: Perfect is the.
Speaker 9: Question of the day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Pranks are pretty common among siblings growing up, but rarely does one reach the level of okay, we need to talk about this.
Speaker 1: On our radio show.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because what one girl did to her little sister was so devious and also kind of clever. It rivals the time Brooks switched out Jose's insulin shots with cadburry cream.
Speaker 6: WHOA that.
Speaker 11: Hilarious?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: But you know what, as good as that was so thick, this prank was even better.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear it in a brand new mass speaker coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 1: You hear me concession.
Speaker 11: I can't take back arms speak.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, the naughtiest thing I ever did was go out with my friends dressed in all pink and we cover random people's front lawns with dozens of plastic pink flamingos.
Speaker 1: Oh man, oh goddamn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's so cute and also kind of expensive.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, Sorry, did you say bad? It's and cool? Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's how the legend of the pink flamingo Bandidos came to be true.
Speaker 1: Story, you just got flocked.
Speaker 3: And lately we're getting lots of mass speaker requests from people who want to confess things that they did in their childhood.
Speaker 1: So let's do that and start with a guy who wants to go buy Alex today. Alex, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Guys, Hey, okay, would you consider yourself a good kid or a bad kid overall, or a flamingo bandid.
Speaker 9: Who.
Speaker 11: I was never as evil as a flamingo bandidos. I was always a good kid, always a good Okay, we'll.
Speaker 1: See about that. Voice changers on. You're the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 11: Well, when I was about ten years old, my friends convinced me to sneak out of the house.
Speaker 6: Oh that's pretty young.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a little young. But the whole idea was that we're going to go to the local school and egg it.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 6: So it's probably like eight forty five pm two.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but yeah, no, I was a very very good kid, and I didn't really want to do it. I was just trying to fit in, you know, with my buddies. I would have gotten away with it, but poor little, innocent old me was so worried because I was left with the two empty egg cartons and I couldn't find a recycling Oh you're.
Speaker 6: Going to recycle them?
Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah, you me in.
Speaker 6: The garbage, you say, composed of bles.
Speaker 1: I just need to recycle.
Speaker 11: That was the main thing on my mind, is yeah, let's recycle.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, So what did you do well.
Speaker 11: While I was walking home. I had the egg cartons in my hand, looking for my recycling ben and sure enough a cop comes pulling up.
Speaker 7: That's scary when you're young, even Yeah.
Speaker 11: And there I am red handed, or I guess yo candid? Oh god, yeah, you quickly figured out that I was the one. So, of course, being ten years old, I started crying.
Speaker 1: Oh man, did you blame it on your friends?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: They took off running, so I didn't want to bring him down. I'm too good of a kid.
Speaker 6: What did the cops do? Do they put you at handcuffs?
Speaker 11: No? No cuffs, that would have been terrifying. But no, they they put me in the back seats and like, oh no, either I'm going to jail or I don't know, like how long do I get for eggs? Yeah? He dropped me off and gave me the threat of I'm going to come back tomorrow. I'm gonna talk to your parents.
Speaker 6: Oh no, wait, he didn't knock on the door just then. That's crazy.
Speaker 11: No, you just lit me up there.
Speaker 1: You probably better stuff to do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, he never showed up. You never came back the next day. So I was sweating for months just thinking that this CoP's gonna come.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's smarter the cop every night, and you're the best behavior of your life.
Speaker 9: I better.
Speaker 4: That's actually worse than him showing up the next day just getting out over with.
Speaker 6: You're living with the guilt doom.
Speaker 1: So your parents never found out.
Speaker 11: No, parents never found out, So nobody knows until now.
Speaker 3: Well, we got to get to another caller. We have someone wants to go by Tiffany today too. Tiffany, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, all right, how are you feeling?
Speaker 12: I'm good?
Speaker 13: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: She's excited, very perky for someone who's about to share a dark secret from your childhood. But voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker, whenever you're ready, let's hear it.
Speaker 13: Well it's not dark, but I don't come off really great. So I have a younger sister. We're five years apart, and she was always very gullible, and I always loved to mess with her.
Speaker 6: When she was sick. She was really prime.
Speaker 1: That's what all the slings do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so we.
Speaker 13: Can call her Carrie. So one day I choked it. It's like, Carrie, you know, now that you're seven years old, it's time that you knew our big family secret.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, what is she? She adopted? Your dad's an alien.
Speaker 13: No, it's so dumb when I think about it now. But I said, you know, mom, she isn't really our mom. Our real mom got eaten by a lion in Africa on a safari.
Speaker 1: You told us to a seven year old.
Speaker 13: Yes, And then I told her that an agency sent over this like replacement lady, and that's our fake mom.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 13: And then I said, the good news is she's just a fake mom, so you don't really have to listen to her.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're just setting her up to get in all sorts of trouble.
Speaker 1: That does sound logic.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, that's fake mom, that that is your real mom, right are you going to I was kind of into the eating story to second.
Speaker 1: Concing maybe it's the voice changer that got me.
Speaker 13: I just I'll never forget how she looked, and she was like, oh my god. And all she wanted to know really was did our dad know? And I said, yes, he knows.
Speaker 1: He was there.
Speaker 12: And then she spent the whole.
Speaker 13: Day just ignoring fake Mom's requests.
Speaker 9: And our mom.
Speaker 13: Was kind of exasperated, like, oh my god, she's getting so stubborn, and my sister, yeah, she's always been seven, and she was just like, Nope, nope, not going to do it.
Speaker 6: Get out of here with your fake request, fake mother.
Speaker 1: Go back to the agency.
Speaker 13: And then at the end of the day, our dad got home and I told her to like, don't bring it up because it's you know, it's kind of painful. But she went straight to my dad and she was asking about what is real mom looked like and what was it like when she got eaten by the lion, And he had to show her a picture of our mom holding her as a baby. Was really convinced her that she was really our mom. And yeah, I was grounded for a month. And I don't tell people because I come off really mean.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm an older sibling. I don't think it so mean. Is that man?
Speaker 7: Is that bad?
Speaker 1: I think it comes to the territory.
Speaker 7: I want to.
Speaker 1: Text seven eight five nine too.
Speaker 3: If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker.
Speaker 1: Phone taps coming up.
Speaker 9: Next Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: In today's phone tap, a wife is setting her husband up because of a recent conversation they had. It all started with the one thing that strikes fear in Jose's heart.
Speaker 1: She checked his browser history. You guys don't want to see that.
Speaker 3: It turns out he was curious one day and went onto the website only fans. Oh claims he was just there for a couple of minutes to see what it was all about his research.
Speaker 1: So what did his wife do?
Speaker 3: She reached out to us and said, look, he already knows he's in trouble.
Speaker 1: Let's just mess with him. We're going to do it in your phone. Tap right now, it's another Mornings on the twenties.
Speaker 7: Well, hi is this Todd?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 7: This is miss Vanessa from an elementary Uh, okay, I teach second grade. Here, your son, Dawson's in my class.
Speaker 14: Oh have we met?
Speaker 7: Not face to face, but I think I saw you yesterday at the school pickup.
Speaker 14: Okay, what's this all about?
Speaker 7: Well, first, Dawson is a great.
Speaker 14: Kid, right right, thank you.
Speaker 7: He's good at math, he's good at science, and I mean he definitely got his father's good looks.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that like you and I have history together.
Speaker 14: Oh, oh okay, dew we yeah.
Speaker 7: You follow my only fans?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 7: Sorry? Is this awkward? I didn't want it to be weird.
Speaker 14: It's not. I mean, I don't even know what this is. But what are you? What are you even talking about?
Speaker 7: Okay, don't be shy. We're two consenting adults.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't really know.
Speaker 15: I'm being honest, I don't.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Come on, Todd, you knew exactly what to say when you were paying for my bath water?
Speaker 10: What which?
Speaker 7: By the way, thank you you are so generous.
Speaker 15: Look, I think you have the wrong guy. I'm not whoever you're thinking of. I have never done that.
Speaker 7: No, it's okay, don't stress it. People are into weird stuff. I see it all the time.
Speaker 15: I'm not into weird stuff, but I don't do that.
Speaker 7: You don't have to be nervous. It's just me, Todd. I'm the same girl, even with my clothes on.
Speaker 15: No, you know this isn't me. You got this wrong.
Speaker 12: I can't.
Speaker 15: I don't even know what to tell you.
Speaker 7: Like, here's what I'm gonna do for you? Okay, I know I have a parent teacher conference coming up with you and your wife and I just wanted to ask if you had any special requests.
Speaker 15: What in the hell are you talking about.
Speaker 7: Like a certain outfit, maybe a pink one. You commented on it before and you tipped me. Remember, I don't.
Speaker 14: Know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Okay, listen, I I could wear a sweater over it.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: You want me to go sweaterless then, Oh my god. I mean it's gonna be pretty revealing.
Speaker 15: But you're gonna get me in trouble with my wife's hit. This is not cool.
Speaker 7: I get it. Wink wink, this is not cool.
Speaker 14: What does wink wink means?
Speaker 7: You know what wink wink means? Wink wink.
Speaker 15: No, this is not funny at all. Like I'm telling you right now, you get the wrong person.
Speaker 7: You're upset. I get it. You're upset because I've busted you. But that's okay. You could still request a special outfit for the parent teacher conference.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, no, it's hard.
Speaker 7: I don't like it when you're mad, lady, Just go to the website. I know you already hit your limit on DMS for the month, but literally, whatever you want, I'm willing to do that for one of my VIPs.
Speaker 8: I am not your VIP.
Speaker 7: This is not me John from Columbus. I can't even read your VS number. It ends with four nine sixty three.
Speaker 15: Is no way, yes, way to get talking about I've only been knowing the twice.
Speaker 14: Maybe.
Speaker 7: Oh that's right. Your wife, Flor told me you admitted that to her.
Speaker 14: What what are you talking about.
Speaker 7: My name's Alexis from Brig and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're doing a prank phone call on you.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, Oh my god, are you kidding me?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: Sorry, I talked to your wife and she said you confess to looking at OnlyFans, so that's why we're doing a phone tap.
Speaker 15: Oh, holy crap.
Speaker 7: You sounded so nervous. I totally busted you.
Speaker 14: He didn't really bust me. I said, I've only been there once or twice.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not believing that. Todd. There's no way.
Speaker 15: But seriously, like you work on a radio, how can I look up your picture and stuff?
Speaker 7: Todd, you realize your wife is listening to this.
Speaker 1: Get out of here.
Speaker 9: Wake up every morning with funk taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Brook, have you ever had a good friend of yours turn around and stab you in the back.
Speaker 6: Oh I have it was terrible.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, I remember you tell him you shamed her for her baby wait online.
Speaker 6: After that had come back.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 6: College.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners has spent years feeling like they were betrayed. It all started one morning when he woke up and noticed his good buddy was gone and he had stolen his car.
Speaker 7: WHOA, Oh my.
Speaker 6: God, that's even worse. It still in a boyfriend or something.
Speaker 3: Zero explanation for why it happened or where he went. And today we're finally going to get some answers when we do a brand new closure call. Coming up next, It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. And this is one of the most popular segments on our.
Speaker 1: Show right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah what is it?
Speaker 3: Shockingly because it's one of the more serious ones that we do where our listeners can get some resolution in their lives. It's called closure call. Yeah, and some people will advise you.
Speaker 1: Let the past be the past, but not here.
Speaker 3: We like to dig the past up, dust it off, throw a mustache on it, and prop it up for everyone to see and take cute pictures.
Speaker 6: With so funny with a mustache.
Speaker 3: I like it that way we can get some much needed finality. And one of our listeners, Peter, is on the phone today hoping to prop up his MUSTACHEI had past so Peter, good day, mate, Hey, good day.
Speaker 6: Peter has an accent. I like it.
Speaker 12: How are you doing, Peter, I'm pretty good. I'm excited to be here, and I think this is a really great thing that y'all are doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so tell us about why you emailed us. What happened in your past?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Well, I had this buddy back in my twenties. His name was Arlow, and we used to hang out all the time, like, you know, we did the bars, we picked up girls, we did video games.
Speaker 1: Brooke real quick. Did you ever sleep with an Arlow?
Speaker 6: I didn't, Okay, but I would have.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a fun guy, you know, like everyone's going to party with Arlow?
Speaker 6: Yeah right, Yeah, it sounds like he sounds popular.
Speaker 1: So what happened with Arlow?
Speaker 12: He was?
Speaker 15: He was fun.
Speaker 12: Well, one night, you know, he crashed at my place. In the next morning, I get up and and he's not there. He's not on the sofa like it was. It was kind of like his his sofa, right, it's where he slept.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that would be unusual for him to be gone the morning after drinking.
Speaker 12: Well, without a doubt. Like I was the coffee person, I would get him all set.
Speaker 6: Up, so okay, okay.
Speaker 12: So a little bit later, get ready for work, I go out. I went to grab my keys, and my keys are gone. I couldn't find my keys anymore. And I always just tossed him in the bowl and knock in the door.
Speaker 1: Sure, but after a night of drinking, who knows where the keys landed.
Speaker 4: Sometimes Yeah, well, hopefully you were even driving the night before, right, Like, no.
Speaker 12: No, no, definitely this was this was an at home video game movie.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yeah, that is weird that the keys wouldn't.
Speaker 12: Be there exactly. So I go downstairs and my car's gone.
Speaker 6: Oh that's why they are there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ad Arlow borrowed your car before without asking.
Speaker 6: Because I'm guessing that's who that was my question.
Speaker 12: So I call him, no answer, I text him, no response. I call again, and now it's going direct to voicemail, and so you know, I'm getting a little concerned. Yeah, I'm leaving text message after text message like yo, Arlow, what's up? Where are you doing? And he never responds. I mean, like twenty four hours go by and he doesn't Respondike.
Speaker 4: So wait, did you like call his family or like a girlfriend or somebody to help try to track him down. I'd be freaked out at the He's like in a ditch somewhere.
Speaker 1: Now you're getting in twenty four hours is like the area of worry.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well that that's exactly where I was. So I called the police. Oh yeah, and I found the report for my missing car missing person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did this car really bad.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 12: I filed for the missing car and I let him know, like my guy, I love, he's gone too. And they're like, well, we can focus on the car and hopefully ourlot will turn up with the vehicle. And so days go back, you know, three, four or five days? What nothing, Nothing happened.
Speaker 6: And I'm and you still haven't heard from Arlow.
Speaker 12: I know I haven't heard from I asked the mutual friend. You know, we had some folks that we that we hang out with and no contact with them either. Right, He's like essentially just ghosted like that everybody.
Speaker 1: That is not a good sign.
Speaker 6: I love a dude's reaction, Like he just ghosted everybody.
Speaker 7: I'd be like, I'm track is phone everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, guy just need a loan.
Speaker 6: I'd be calling hospital.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you try contacting his family or something?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Yeah, yeah I did. I did go to both place.
Speaker 1: Oh you went to his parents place?
Speaker 12: I did? Yeah. Yeah. And I found out through that visit that he did contact them and he said that he was taking a trip and he'd be back later. And you know, I tried to press them for details, but they didn't have any details because he was really vague about it.
Speaker 1: And just took your car for this impromptu.
Speaker 12: Car At this point, it's six days. Six days.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I mean, had he ever done anything like this before? Is he like the crazy guy you.
Speaker 6: Know that will do random stuff?
Speaker 12: No, he was never like the crazy one. I mean he was up for a good.
Speaker 6: Time, right yeah, unpredictable. So this was totally out of character. I guess this is my question.
Speaker 12: It is not a character. And you know this is three years ago.
Speaker 1: Whoa, Wow, that's a long tri ripped to take time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I wonder if my car was still running.
Speaker 6: Wait, you don't have your car.
Speaker 12: I don't Oh, I had to like let it go, like I had to move on.
Speaker 4: I mean, he.
Speaker 2: Filed a missing report on it, so if a police officer pulled the guy over anything.
Speaker 1: You get it back right.
Speaker 12: But nothing, nothing happened, nothing came of the police search, nothing came of the car search. And I wasn't like pressing his parents every day for information, so I, I mean, I just had to move on.
Speaker 4: Why So it's been three years no car and you haven't talked to Arlow exactly.
Speaker 12: But the other day one of my buddies said that they saw a post from Arlow on social media and the location looks like it's some kind of tropical or subtropical place.
Speaker 1: He drove your car across the ocean. No, that is really weird, dude.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I don't know, I don't know what's going on. You know, we might you know, now, my friends, we're all we're not talking about Arlow again. And I just figured i'd reach out to you guys, yeah, and see if you get.
Speaker 6: Help out the mystery of Arlow for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've had friends that have gotten up and moved to tropical locations, but they tell people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I steal your car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, left guessing his job, his family, less everything.
Speaker 3: And if you're just joining us, we're doing something called the closure call here. If any of our listeners are unfamiliar with this segment, it takes a long time to do these. We have to reach out to these people weeks and sometimes months in advance just so we could track them down and get some answers here.
Speaker 6: So please stop texting that you want to hear it every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot of work for us, well for a producer. And I'll tell you we did reach out to Arlow and Peter our listener already knows that. But Arlow did not respond to any of our texts. The number said it was disconnected.
Speaker 1: Then why are we here? All we did?
Speaker 3: Also we sent him emails. He didn't respond to any of the emails.
Speaker 6: Again, what did you send him? The facts of Carrier pigeons.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you Arlow did respond when we d m him.
Speaker 6: Was that when we used that fake picture of the girl with a big boot, But he.
Speaker 3: Said leave me alone and he brought us so our producer went to a different account and reached out to Arlow from there again saying we are going to keep doing this and keep contacting you until you answer a few of our questions.
Speaker 6: Has producer, but he's the worst.
Speaker 1: He's not a listener of ours, and technically he's a thief. So I'm okay with it.
Speaker 3: And finally Arlow said fine.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 6: It's going to be real friendly in the emails.
Speaker 3: We're going to find out because we sent him four questions and he responded back.
Speaker 1: And now we.
Speaker 3: Know where Arlow went back then, and more importantly why, we're gonna find out exactly what happened after he took your car, Peter, three years ago, when we come back and get your closure call. Next, we're in the middle of a closure call with one of our listeners, Peter.
Speaker 1: This is a very serious segment.
Speaker 6: Music doesn't help.
Speaker 3: Okay, I play this music Because Peter had kind of a mystery situation happened to him three years ago in his late twenties. He had a buddy named Arlow who spent the night over at his place. But when Peter woke up the next morning, Arlow was gone, and so was Peter's car.
Speaker 6: Arlow stole your car, dude, Well.
Speaker 3: We assume we assume that he took the car. We don't know that for sure, but ever since that happened.
Speaker 1: We're putting two and two together. But we've been wrong about these things in the past.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the keys were literally gone from the dish by the door.
Speaker 1: Jet could have been a ghost. We don't know. Arlow has been m i a though to family, friends and to Peter for the last three years.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: The thing is Arlow posted on his social media the other day from a tropical location, and that's how we were able to get in touch with him and finally get some answers on what happened three years ago. Now, Peter, all that you know right now is that he's responded to the questions and you work with the producers on which questions to ask him, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we did. Yeah, and the producers really helpful with that.
Speaker 4: And you sound like a really chill dude, But like, how are you feeling because this is a friend who just left you, you.
Speaker 6: Know, like that would be really hard.
Speaker 12: Oh, it was hard. It is hard, and I mean, honestly, I kind of forgot about it until my body said, oh my god, look at this photo of Arlow and where the hell is he?
Speaker 7: Like, if you couldn't stay off social media, he had to post some.
Speaker 3: Topic now, Peter, you don't know the answers yet, and no one in this room knows, but we're about to find out and hopefully get give you some peace of mind here with the closure call.
Speaker 1: So let's just get right into this.
Speaker 4: I hope all your friends are listening to because I know that every one of you want to know what happened.
Speaker 12: Oh, they are, they will be.
Speaker 3: And this is kind of funny because I know that you miss your friend. You told us that that he was a fun guy. But of course your first question has to do with your car.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's just like when you call the police report about the missing car, didn't report the missing person.
Speaker 1: Also, there's a human life at stake.
Speaker 12: But really, yeah, I guess so I get my thought. Maybe is the car will lead us to Arlow?
Speaker 6: Right, okay, let's see.
Speaker 3: So first question, why in the world would you steal my car.
Speaker 1: And leave me hanging like that?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 1: So Arlow wrote back. He said, first of all, your car was a piece of.
Speaker 3: Oh probably worth less than five hundred dollars. Oh why did you have a favor his car? And second of all, I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't take it that night, So I guess I have to thank you.
Speaker 1: Next question, Whoo.
Speaker 12: I don't like this. Wow, that tone sounds really harsh.
Speaker 4: I guess that's why the police didn't put much energy into finding your car. You didn't tell us it wasn't worth anything.
Speaker 12: You know, it was worth more than five hundred dollars for sure. I mean, I just put new tires on it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Oh wow, he's trying to get more money back.
Speaker 6: Next question, why did you sell my tires?
Speaker 3: Let's go to question two. Here we asked where have you been for the last three years? And why haven't you spoken to me or anyone else about it?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: This is the question, so Arlow wrote.
Speaker 3: The best way to say it is I needed to leave my old life behind. And even though I considered you a friend at the time, Peter, I didn't feel like you'd take a bullet for me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: He says, that's the kind of loyalty I need. So I had a few contacts down south, ended up in Honduras for a bit business deal here, made some money and invested in crypto.
Speaker 1: Nobody was doing it at the time.
Speaker 3: I made a killing off coins that looked like kittens and now I live very well, but there's zero chance I'm coming back, so he must because that's Peter.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that he's rich?
Speaker 12: I mean, it's honestly hard to hear that.
Speaker 1: Are you jealous? Is that what this is.
Speaker 9: Going?
Speaker 12: I don't don't really even know what that is, but I mean, I guess good for him. I don't know why he needed to leave without zero connection.
Speaker 6: And are you not pissed? Like he's like you wouldn't take a bullet for me?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 1: Is that true? Would you have jumped in front of a bullet for him?
Speaker 7: It's hard.
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, in my twenties before he stole my car, probably would have. Right now, I'm not feeling like I would.
Speaker 6: Well, what kind of barometer is that? Protesting a friendship or not?
Speaker 2: I don't think I take a bullet for any of you guys.
Speaker 6: I take like a slap.
Speaker 1: Can you said if a burgoer came.
Speaker 2: Out, it's like heap?
Speaker 7: I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: Apparent.
Speaker 6: Arlow's a little intense.
Speaker 1: We're in the middle of a closure call right now.
Speaker 3: We're trying to get answers for Peter, whose car and friend both went missing three years ago.
Speaker 4: So far, we've just found out that he just got really rich on some sort of weird kitty coin.
Speaker 3: And was in Honduras for a while. Apparently, Let's go to the third question. We asked, do you feel bad or guilty for leaving us all hanging? A lot of friends still care about you, and we're worried for months? So Arlow wrote back, looking back, the only person I feel bad for is my self because of the low because of the low lives I used to hang around in that god forsaken town that he did, right, oh, says I always knew I was destined for greater things, and I realize now that you my girlfriend are other idiot friends, and my own parents were just holding me back. He ends it with, so, in short, ha, no regrets.
Speaker 1: Oh, give me a refund for.
Speaker 7: The car, like you're rich now?
Speaker 12: I mean, honestly, I don't know like he can himself at this point.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, if I was in your position, Peter, I would see an opportunity here to reach out to a really rich friend who's apparently.
Speaker 1: Moved up in life.
Speaker 3: And there's a chance for you to like apologize maybe here and I don't know.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, or hire an attorney, okay.
Speaker 6: To get your car back the six hundred dollars, he owes you.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'll be honest, this was really sorienting.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean it's gonna make it easier for closure, for sure.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So let's get to that last question that we send. We send Arlow, is there anything else you'd like to say or get off your chest? And Arlow said, yeah, three things. One, the girls in South America are five hundred times hotter and more fun than the ones in the previous goal I lived in.
Speaker 6: Again, I heard this, Arlow. Eating sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's a point number. Two, If you're smart, you'll leave like me. And maybe someday you'll own a mansion on the beach and swim in champagne hot tubs.
Speaker 1: Sounds kind of fun.
Speaker 6: It sounds sticky.
Speaker 3: And then three, he says, just so, just so you'll stop about it and leave me the hell alone, give me your Venmo, and I'll send you twenty bucks for your apt carl.
Speaker 1: And then he says bye forever.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'll say bye forever to Arlow too. Sound like he's a total.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you want us to share your venmoan it is twenty bucks.
Speaker 12: You can keep the twenty bucks. It seems like it's more important to him than Friendshipike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I'm sorry this happened the way that it did. Like, you never really know what you're gonna get when we do these calls and sounds like your friend Arlow is kind of a jerk.
Speaker 1: But hopefully we gave you some resolution here.
Speaker 14: No, you did.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's not the kind of closure I wanted, although I didn't know what to expect. I mean, at least now we can just close the book on this part.
Speaker 1: And the friends are rich, jerk and wants nothing to do with you.
Speaker 6: Don't be an Arlow in this world.
Speaker 1: Also, come we borrow your car real quick. I promise we'll bring it back.
Speaker 3: Remember, if you want to get a little bit of closure in your life, you can always reach out to the show on our socials at Brook and Jeffrey or on the website Brooklynjeffrey dot com and we can bring a little peace of mind to something from your.
Speaker 1: Past with a closure call. Yeah, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 9: Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: A woman is going viral today for the genius hack she used to finally her boyfriend cheating on her, and it only cost her four dollars to pull the elaborate scheme off. Plus, if you're in a relationship, you might want to go check your significant other's Instagram page for one major red flag. People are shocked. They've never thought of looking for it before this. You're gonna hear it coming up in a brand.
Speaker 1: New Woo TikTok click shot that happens at a ten.
Speaker 3: All the big companies and corporations are constantly trying to adapt to the times in order to sound with it, get up to date, Like did you guys see the new MasterCard commercial how they adjusted their slogan. Now it's there's something's money can't buy for everything else, there's.
Speaker 7: Woo TikTok click shot.
Speaker 3: I'm sold, give me one million Master credits.
Speaker 6: Please say they're really going for the z ors on this line.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 3: Talking about the biggest tiktoks of the past week. With TikTok click shock, let's get right into your first one, which is from a twenty two year old named Mia Dio and she's considered an influencer with five point two million followers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, followers, not even likes.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's influencer status.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She said her boyfriend was acting kind of weird lately, staying out late, being vague, and saying he was just chilling with his buddies. It's never a good sign if the guy tells you he's chilling with friends.
Speaker 6: It is so distracted right now because you have the biggest piece of glitter, right.
Speaker 1: I was chilling with my buddies last night. I'll get it twisted.
Speaker 3: So Mia did what any gen zer with over five million followers would do. She used AI to clone her boyfriend's voice, call up his best friend and figure out if he lied.
Speaker 1: About what he was doing the night before. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Or it's just like if you think it's that bad, like he's probably cheating, just move on.
Speaker 7: You can find out for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's listen and hear how it went.
Speaker 10: I'm going to use his iPad to FaceTime audio well his friend and see if his friend confirms what they were doing last night.
Speaker 11: Hey man, what's up too much? Man? Just chould how are you feeling?
Speaker 9: Everything is fine?
Speaker 11: Kind of? I don't know. Are you alone?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, man?
Speaker 1: Just you know, chilling at the house.
Speaker 11: I don't remember much from last night. I don't know why I feel weird. What did I do?
Speaker 10: Did you go in the face and the Denton's last night and you picked up some random sword you go from your team made out with her in front of everyone?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh no, if you think it's happening, it's happening.
Speaker 1: That sounded awful. I don't know, I bro I am hungover. What did happen last night?
Speaker 3: Men are notoriously bad with words.
Speaker 4: I mean, it is weird that he didn't just text his friends. I mean that should be your first warning.
Speaker 1: Bottom line. Her idea worked.
Speaker 3: The dude really thought it was his buddy and made it to everything, and her video went viral, getting over seven million views in the first twenty four hours alone.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it's just legal to take somebody's voice and use it like that.
Speaker 6: You know, there's like no laws. It's a wild West out there.
Speaker 3: Commenters thought it was a genius hack for tracking down cheaters, and it only cost her four bucks to clone his voice through the AI app.
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we should called Brooks Voys. I want to what we could do.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm sure the company's working on it for all of us right now.
Speaker 3: So that was a TikTok click shock. Your next TikTok click shot is from a young woman named Emily Hammecon, who racked up seven million views with her latest video, explaining, quote, the Instagram thing.
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 1: Do you guys know about that?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: The Instagram thing.
Speaker 3: It has to deal with relationships and how your boyfriend handles Instagram.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think.
Speaker 7: It taught us when they have an account and don't use it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's part of it. Let's let's hear how Emily describes it.
Speaker 10: I just got out of a two year relationship. You always told me not to worry about Instagram. He doesn't go on it much, so that's why he's never posted me. You know, you don't want to be high maintenance. You know, you forget about it for two years. And I don't even think I was in his stories, And if I was, I wasn't like the main character of the story. So basically, I'm here to validate you to overreact if he's not posting you on his Instagram.
Speaker 6: To wait, seriously posting, but just not posting about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if your significant other doesn't ever post about you on his Instagram page giant red flag. Oh my god, he's basically trying to alert you. He does not want people to know that he is with you. Possibly he wants other people to think they're still available.
Speaker 4: With My husband hasn't posted on Instagram, and I think six years.
Speaker 5: Does that maybe eight years he doesn't post that all.
Speaker 6: But it definitely lurks. Heks. He's a lurker.
Speaker 3: That's That's what she says a lot of the times. The excuse is, oh, I just never post. I'm not really on Instagram. That's because they still don't want other people to know about you.
Speaker 6: I'm on his old Instagram. I just look a lot younger.
Speaker 1: That's the only.
Speaker 6: All of it is weird.
Speaker 1: It's the safest thing.
Speaker 3: Just spam post hashtag relationship goals, all photos of you and your significant other from now so you both die the person.
Speaker 6: There's a ship goal.
Speaker 1: That was a TikTok click shock, and finally your last TikTok click shock. He's back once again.
Speaker 3: His real name is Dan Phelps, but we know him as TikTok Graham, our favorite person on the Internet. Ever since we started talking about him, he's getting hundreds and thousands of likes on all of his video.
Speaker 6: It's definitely us.
Speaker 4: He has really launched my career as an oppressionist. I am really excited about this Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: So let's listen to his latest one where he teaches us how to roar like a lion.
Speaker 8: Let's get ready for Lion King with the challenge empty paper towel, roll the snort, and a hiss.
Speaker 1: Your turn.
Speaker 3: Wow, you've failed on your two previous attempts to sound like a baby and a barking dog. Are you sure you don't want to give up and spare yourself the embarrassments?
Speaker 6: Because I snort all the time. I can't help it. Okay, ready, she.
Speaker 1: Has a piece of paper.
Speaker 7: You got the story down, very sick.
Speaker 1: In the studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, how did we offend the entire global lining population with you?
Speaker 4: I think they're turned on, Jeffrey.
Speaker 9: Those stories for the day brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Pretty from Pew Wallup is a new player on the phone with us today.
Speaker 1: She works in finance. Why because she says she's always liked numbers.
Speaker 3: Ah you bar, which is interesting because it leads me to the question that she asked our producer. She wanted to know in order to beat Brooke, do I need to get more or less correct?
Speaker 1: What? Pretty?
Speaker 3: This isn't like golf where a lower score wins. This is a trivia game where you need to get more answers correct.
Speaker 14: So the question was because I was excited and nervous.
Speaker 11: I just didn't know.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to beat brook and I just want to show what I know.
Speaker 4: There's no dumb questions on this show, only questions that we can make fun of.
Speaker 14: Yes, I am nervous and excited.
Speaker 6: Oh, you're so cute to make fun of.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to send the big scary woman out of the room, so you're not so nervous any more. Brooke is leaving, and while she heads out, you know the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you have to beat Brooke with more correct answers outright to win. All right, good luck, Your time starts now. Kylie Jenner celebrates a birthday today. How old is she? What is the national dog breed of France? How many holes are in two rounds of golf?
Speaker 10: Two?
Speaker 15: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: In the movie The Little Mermaid? What type of sea creatures? Paul King Triton's chariot?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Then, what do you call a book that's written with imaginary characters and events?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Cherry, plumb and grape are all varieties of which fruit?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 15: Plums?
Speaker 12: I don't know. What's a guess?
Speaker 3: Okay, going with one of the answers that I read to her in the question, it's a bold strategy there. Pretty now, I see something interesting that's on my phone. Screener is you're originally from Nepal?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do they have game shows in Nepal?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you have to like?
Speaker 3: Yodle the answers there?
Speaker 1: How do they work over there?
Speaker 10: It's the same, I mean, it's the video they have conscious like this that I.
Speaker 1: Thought Nepal is in Europe.
Speaker 3: I thought the Swiss mountains Nepal is, right, I swear I thought Nepoul was a European place.
Speaker 6: No, definitely different continent.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 11: Pretty my bad, No worries, but it does have the mountains.
Speaker 6: There you go, there, you go.
Speaker 1: Now, Everest is a real place.
Speaker 6: Okay. We have a lot of conversations to have off air. All right, good thing? You just answered asked the questions.
Speaker 3: Let's just get over to you're ready, ready, your time starts now. Kylie Jenner celebrates a birthday today.
Speaker 1: How old is she?
Speaker 6: That's it?
Speaker 1: What is the national dog breed of France?
Speaker 6: Poodle?
Speaker 1: How many holes are in two rounds of golf?
Speaker 6: Two rounds?
Speaker 3: Thirty six in the movie The Little Mermaid? What type of sea creatures Paul king Triton's chariot?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: Seahorses?
Speaker 3: What do you call a book that is written with imaginary characters and events?
Speaker 6: Fiction?
Speaker 1: Cherry plum and grape? Varieties of which fruit?
Speaker 6: Cherry plum and grape are tomatoes?
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna go over to the scoreboard and check out both of you did.
Speaker 1: When we go to hase my best.
Speaker 13: Friend, she will men, she'll need no.
Speaker 1: Pretty You got one correct today?
Speaker 15: Which one?
Speaker 6: That's that's all right?
Speaker 4: And jefferally came across as the idiot on this section, So you're good what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: You definitely gotta win.
Speaker 4: You got fo that's all right, You come back, you can strive for more.
Speaker 3: Let's get these answers in real quick. Kylie Jenner has a birthday today. She turns twenty six years old.
Speaker 6: God, I knew that. That's so sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was kind of sad. Like that's it, that's the question. Hooglos are the national dog breed of France. In two rounds of golf, there are thirty six holes eighteen each round.
Speaker 6: Oh my got eighteen plus eighteen took me too long. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: In the movie The Little Mermaid, King Triton's cherriot is pulled by dolphins.
Speaker 6: And seahorses. Though, I mean it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a book with imaginary characters and events is a fiction book. And cherry, plumb and grape, all varieties of tomatoes, so pretty Unfortunately we can't give you any money here, but what we can do just we're playing is send you a fifty dollars gift card to sugar Plum, who are the sugaring experts that do full body hair removal for everyone. They have five locations in the Puget Sound area. You can book online at sugarplum dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you, Yeah, that's all right, I got that for your first time callback some other time, right.
Speaker 11: I will thank you you guys, Thank you all the time.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bock same time tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,