Speaker 1: Whether they want to admit it or not, most single women have an idea in their heads about what they want their dream wedding to look like, like Alexis Michael B. Jordan's mansion. Ditch the chocolate fountain for a white cloth slipping slide, and after everybody eats their dry powdered mac and cheese, it's time to gather around for the ceremonial crop top toss. Why do I feel like the slipping slide is the aisle. Well, honestly, that's what makes weddings so special, because it should be personalized to you and your interests. That is true, and that's why a woman named Shelley is making headlines today because Shelley met her dream guy years ago, and back in twenty sixteen, they decided to tie the knot at the happiest place on Earth, Disneyland. She said, it's quote their go to place where we could run away together and forget about our everyday line.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they've been married a while.
Speaker 1: Now then, well back then, they did it big over one hundred guests in front of Cinderella's Castle.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine they have packages like you can just buy a wedding package.
Speaker 1: People can sign up to do this, but they hired Disney characters to do meet and greets with them, and Shelley loved their Disney wedding experience so much that she had another one, and another one who and another one the same guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's renewing the.
Speaker 1: Valves at Disneyland every year for four consecutive years.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry, but if you were a bridesmaid, you are so over that there is no way I'm going to my girlfriend's wedding four times.
Speaker 1: Well, she didn't have all the guests there and all of like the wedding party there like she did the first time round. They were smaller as they went, but each one had a different theme. Like I told you, the first one was Cinderella, but after that she did a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding at Disney. You could do a Pixar movie up themed.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you she found the man she's supposed to be married to if he was okay.
Speaker 1: With, and most recently, a Star Wars themed vow where they walk down the aisle between raised lightsabers and got married by Darth Vader.
Speaker 2: No, they haven't been married long enough to forget the original vows. You know, do we really?
Speaker 1: I think the whole.
Speaker 2: Point of renewing him is to be like, Okay, we've changed as people and this is where our relationship is. That.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if you don't believe in true love, Shelley says, once you have a Disney wedding, you're just kind of addicted and you want another one, and Disney is more than happy to a comment. Oh, I bet that. So you're probably wondering, if you're doing this every year, how much does that cost?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine. I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: Over forty It can range anywhere depending on what you get, from fifteen to one hundred thousand. Wow.
Speaker 2: But you get all the characters and stuff. That's where you're you've got to be so much.
Speaker 1: The most expensive package is for the Magic Kingdom that has like the famous.
Speaker 2: Casting and now it's our first one.
Speaker 1: And that one starts at forty five grande starts Wow, just like renting the property.
Speaker 2: And what do you get. I mean, you just only get to serve the guest turos like for.
Speaker 1: That they down the castle by the way, people have to walk around you, right, Disney says, because everything's paid for separately after you put down your deposit. Technically nothing else is included, but you can pay more for add ons, like if you want a private fireworks show, a couple thousand dollars, they'll do that for you. If you want Mickey and Minnie to show up, yeah, five grand apiece. They'll come to your ceremony and be your wedding guests. Oh yeah, my god.
Speaker 2: And they don't even talk.
Speaker 1: I don't you know, It's like they're just standy there. And Shelley has done some of these things. She even bought out a couple of rides, Star Tours and Tower of Tear for her wedding guests. I didn't know that you could rent out a ride for an hour. It costs about ten grand per ride.
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Can we go into what either Shelley does or what her family did, Like, where is she getting this blood money from? This?
Speaker 1: Is she works a regular nine to five jobs because Shelley's renting out for another wedding. Get some pictures of Shelley and her husband at their Disney weddings. Here's some photos done very professionally by Disney photographers. You could see her riding around the park in Cinderella's glass pumpkin carriage pulled by a pair of stately ponies. That's ten grand.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I just the more you talk, the more I don't like. Shelley is that bad? She believes in.
Speaker 1: Love and she's doing it at her favorite place in the entire world.
Speaker 2: But there's so much better things she could do with the money. She's already done it once.
Speaker 1: He Shelley says, this has become her full time hobby. All of the money at her and her husband make every year at their regular nine to five jobs all goes towards planning their next Disneyland nuts. They're just saving every month.
Speaker 2: And she's gonna be She's gonna be one of those people that go on those you know, money shows, and they're like, I have eight million dollars in debt? How do I fix it?
Speaker 1: And it was worth it because she understands. Not everybody is going to get this. Not everybody's gonna understand, But she says, some people, you know, like collecting cars, some people like buying new clothes. But me, I enjoy having Disney weddings. That's what makes me happy at my court.
Speaker 2: Collecting cars book.
Speaker 1: It makes her happy.
Speaker 2: Just such a terrible financial decision.
Speaker 1: Get a job there and at least getting Can she be a prince. She's actually created a whole online persona her Instagram. She calls herself the Serial Bride.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go block her right now.
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't want her to come up, and I'm sorry. Usually when someone's labeled to cereal anything, that's a good thing. Yeah, Shelley is not done. She already has two more weddings on the book at Disneyland, one next year and the year after that. Good for you. I'm just saying, when you wish upon a star and put down a forty thousand dollars deposit in real life.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mickey agrees.
Speaker 1: My dream is to do a phone tap coming up now
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,