Speaker 1: Good morning in the USA.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo yo Charlemagne, Peas to the planet is Friday. Yes, so we got our guest hosts, our special guest hosts back with us.
Speaker 3: Roxy Romeo, welcome back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 5: Thank you for getting her name right this man, I'm glad it took you a whole day to get it right, but thank you.
Speaker 1: I got it after the first five man, Thank you very much. I'm sure she appreciates that.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Roxy, Good morning, Charlmagne. How are you feeling.
Speaker 4: I'm good. It's Friday, Definitely Friday.
Speaker 5: It's definitely the weekend. Man, it feels good to be here. I don't know what we're doing this weekend. Probably my favorite thing to do. Nothing that's straight you already you know now that I just thought about it, I was like, I have let me do this weekend.
Speaker 2: Last we're gonna have to go to Dallas and had to go to Vegas.
Speaker 5: I do have my book bag drive this Saturday in Monks Corner, South Carolina at Berkeley High School, my annual But you.
Speaker 4: Definitely have something to do this weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, it's this book back drive. It's my book back drives. That's right.
Speaker 1: He didn say he was gone. That don't mean I won't be there, but he's just saying it's his book back drive.
Speaker 2: That's right, Lannel.
Speaker 5: You know, we give away school supplies and book bags and free haadcuts and it's a fish fry and it's going on from a twelve to three tomorrow at Berkeley High School and monks going to South Carolina.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: And we gotta say happy birthday to hip hop. It's the fiftieth anniversary to Wow. August eleventh, nineteen seventy three was the day that we believe hip hop was created.
Speaker 5: Dropping the clues bombs for hip hop, we would not be here right now, that's right.
Speaker 2: Well, we might be. It could be R and B.
Speaker 5: It could be an R and B station. Yes, it could be jazz, you know what I mean. Disco might still be a thing maybe if hip hop never came around.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Because hip hop wasn't just a musical genre. It's something that shaped the whole culture.
Speaker 2: It's the way we dressed.
Speaker 5: It's the way we we talk, you know what I mean, It's even the things we consume as far as like eating and.
Speaker 2: Drinking and everything.
Speaker 1: It's not life. It's hip hop is life. It's everything that we've embodied. So shout to salute to DJ cool Herk. If you don't know how hip hop was created, we'll break it down a little bit. In the room is and I think it's you got it Up, You got it Up. I wanted to hear Shiit Ones this morning. That's one of my favorite hip hop records. Classic. What's your favorite hip hop record?
Speaker 3: Sall?
Speaker 5: Why be asking me these stupid as in the morning. That's such a broad question.
Speaker 1: It's hip what's your favorite record?
Speaker 5: I don't know if I have a favorite hip hop record? I don't know if I could narrow it down to just one record, Which one record do you like? You probably like Luke I want to rock? Come on now, I'm talking about language now. I mean that is that is one. That is one.
Speaker 3: What about you rock?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: I mean this is the same thing. There's a few. I mean, I love the method of Mary J.
Speaker 1: Lauren Hill wedding.
Speaker 2: Wedding song Me and my wife wedding song. That's what we dance to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like I like hik Ones. Shick Ones is always one of my favorite hip hop records. Of course, Juicy this is just a great.
Speaker 2: Meaning and that makes you think of me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, why.
Speaker 2: If that's so called juicy because the sample is juicy fruit.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right now today Yo Gotti will be joining us.
Speaker 5: Dropping the clues bonds for Yo Gotti, him and one of his new producers, Young D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Young D. Young D did the new.
Speaker 5: Well did a lot of He executive produced the new project that Yo Gotti has out right now against the Girls with DJ Drama called Up.
Speaker 2: I showed you, I showed you.
Speaker 3: So he's produced a lot for money Bag Yo, He's he did the joint well.
Speaker 1: For two Dug and Uh Future.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So he's done a lot of joints. So I mean thinking, what is my favorite hip hop record?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's such a broad question. He ain't hip hop. This is one of my favorite record of hip hop. It's married J Blige, be happy, this is just.
Speaker 1: Barry is hip hop?
Speaker 2: Andre Herald coined her the Queen of hip hop.
Speaker 4: So yes, exactly, it's the joint with Math.
Speaker 1: Let's do the joint with Math. You're you're all I need. Let's see if we can find out Right now.
Speaker 2: I feel like y'all should go older being at this to you know, birthday popping hip pop is fifty.
Speaker 1: That's what I felt.
Speaker 2: But you know.
Speaker 4: Out there what you got, This is what I do.
Speaker 3: This is this the one Roxy pick me and my wife.
Speaker 2: This is me and my wife wedding.
Speaker 1: So all morning long, I'm gonna be blamed doing little mixes. So I'm gonna be getting the sugar Hill Gangs on the run, DMCs, the outcast, the n w a's, and we'll be getting.
Speaker 5: Everybody taking cholesterol medication once a day like I have. I know all of those people you just named taking the letter colecterol medication just like me.
Speaker 1: Baby, Happy birthday Pop. Front page News is next at the breakfast club. Good morning, let's go all that romance crap morning. Everybody is dj n V charlamagnea gud. We are the breakfast Club. Now let's get in some front page news. We got our special guest host, Roxy Romeo, and then we got Tesla Figero go on to test.
Speaker 4: Good morning, DJ Envy, Good morning, Roxy.
Speaker 7: Good morning, God, whisper tesling figure.
Speaker 1: Let's let's jump right into it. Joe Manshion, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, oh man.
Speaker 8: Senator Joe Manchin said Thursday he is thinking seriously about dropping his affiliation with the Democrat Party and becoming an independent.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 8: I want to know who took him serious as a serious Democrat. Let's listen to what he had to say and we'll talk about on the other side.
Speaker 7: You've said many times that you're not like the Democrats today or the National Democratic Party, You're not like the National Republican Party.
Speaker 2: Why not just say, you know what, I'm going to be an independent.
Speaker 9: You thought about that absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Are you going to do it?
Speaker 9: Because well, I'm thinking, seriously, what's the best of it for me? I have to have peace of mind. Basically, the brand has become so bad, the D brand and our brand in West virginia's the D brand because it's nationally brand. It's not the Democrats in West Virginia. It's the Democrats in Washington or the Washington policies of the Democrats. You've heard me say a million times I'm not a Washington Democrat.
Speaker 5: This might come to the shock tho all of y'all. But Joe Manchin been left a Democratic partner. Okay, absolutely, that's a relationship with Physically he was dead, but he'd been mentally all right, Absolutely, that man been a Dino a Democratic name only and Tez. You know we've been telling the Democratic Party to call that fool out forever and.
Speaker 8: That's exactly you know, I was gonna definitely good get on my soap box a minuted about that.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know, when you ask the necessary tough questions, you know, everybody got upset. You know, Oh I can't believe as Oh yes, honey, he told you. But then now who's telling you now at the end of the day, Joe Manchin has set here and pimp.
Speaker 4: Then let's just be clear about a pimp.
Speaker 8: The Democrat Party ran interference on multiple uh policy they were trying to push, like the Inflation Reduction Act, the Biden's Environmental Protection Agency got involved in that, got involved with the infrastructure bill.
Speaker 4: Just set there and caused all type of chaos.
Speaker 8: Nobody called him out, didn't want to say what it was. And now he's leaving you and possibly running for the Democrat of running for a president to once again, uh take votes away from the Democrat Party. So I really want to know you know what Democrats have said about this Charlemagne, because they had it all figured out and now he has left you in the wet spot.
Speaker 5: Remember when I had the Vice president, uh you know, Kamla Haas on my late night talk show and I was pushing there on getting Joe Mansion on the same page, and everybody got upset with me.
Speaker 2: I did something wrong?
Speaker 8: Sure did Lord?
Speaker 2: Sure did?
Speaker 1: They got upset?
Speaker 8: And oh he told you say yes, honey yas.
Speaker 1: So where are yet yet?
Speaker 6: Where's the yes Comen team?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That team?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Democratic Party team? Yes? What is all right?
Speaker 1: Well that is Front Page News says We'll see in a couple of minutes. Everybody else. Let's open up the phone lines. Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five.
Speaker 3: One oh five to one.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Ray right, Ray yo, Charlotte mack yafy.
Speaker 11: What up are we lying?
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: I got an indoor pool.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the breakfast love.
Speaker 11: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 12: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: What's vy?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 13: I know my name is trying to do on the one and only. I just want to get on chest, say what great your job? They're doing that? One of five point one on Rockster Romeo, any Charlot man guard and everybody at one of one.
Speaker 2: Trauma dog actually name trauma dog.
Speaker 3: That said tron Tron Dog's this?
Speaker 11: Leave?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest, bron, what's going on?
Speaker 11: I just want to say, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, y'all.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, my brother reading, good morning, good morning. We appreciate it.
Speaker 11: We all have a good weekend.
Speaker 12: I'm out here and I got something for you.
Speaker 1: Every ready that he shout out all the truck drivers out there, man, you'd be safe out there on that road.
Speaker 2: Yes, Robberts can't wait to call it him blow for envy.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not like that. Rocks. You have been on the road and a long road trip with your family and you see the truck drivers.
Speaker 4: You may that's whether everybody's done that.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Trying to make it jealous every time a truck driver comes in and does that.
Speaker 2: I just said, like the calling and blow for you? What's wrong?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 11: Who's this? What's going long?
Speaker 3: Get off your chest?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Listen all ryo, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you just got a dumb sound like you just got a duty that they put their hand over your mouth.
Speaker 2: What happened? Ario?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 11: You know they can't. I can't shot here man, But anyway, listen. Happy with your birthday the hip hop?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely, all right.
Speaker 11: Listen Envy they coming up? You want to pull I'm wanna pay Glloying on a six.
Speaker 1: That's right, Virgo Nation.
Speaker 14: Of course.
Speaker 11: So absolutely he'll talk into us. I wish you last year Jackson grill at Whiskeys, but I'm catching if we come this year, we're gonna have a nice time to ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we definitely come.
Speaker 11: That's what I's about music, when you get on your lips and do cares one. I'm gonna minded that is the first person that introduced me to the Royal Rip Park.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get all that on this morning. I'm gonna get some criminal minds on. I'm gonna get some uh some uh chuck d public Enemy on. I'm gonna get some sugar Hill gang on. I'm gonna get some lls, some run I'm gonna go all over the gaming with I'm gonna get some outcasts on, some goodie mar some n w A, some little We're gonna go all over.
Speaker 13: Man, try ice tea stakes in the morning, all right, brother.
Speaker 2: I got you, get them in the morning. Police at my dough.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Good morning, the breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this you tell?
Speaker 11: Andrey Charlotte Madeler god Rocks, Good morning, Good morning, what's happening?
Speaker 13: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Lives with Man?
Speaker 11: Happy birthday the hip hop for the years of hip hop. Birthday today and said, you already know what it is man, it's hard time. Let's go check it out. I said, let's if there's a new cat on the board. Time to navigate and cast away all week link. Let me demonstrate see the same movie too many times to stick me in here?
Speaker 12: To show the guard my style of raw swipt in the title shot, Wat's how I feel when I bring the heat. Watch some castle all repeat off the poppy sheet hanything I hit, I despoil and whatever's next to it something like a chemical mixed thing with ampartment through and watch our mainteain with the next It's.
Speaker 11: Off to it.
Speaker 12: How you put a season bet and get some fresh feet looking like the three am for more than track me me. I'm at the fight down load see laying steaming as a breadlan this be cast doted with Hark Bradler. I got that Bruce lee Burn drove to set a death bro raing on you and.
Speaker 11: Your faculty, Now throw down. This is how it was staring with through Town is such a concert?
Speaker 1: Who glos absolutely not?
Speaker 2: I got some balls.
Speaker 1: I got some balls, Oh ge ryck with mer. Two years ago, a friend of mine asked me to say some MC rhymes. So I said this rhyme I'm about to say. The rhyme was deaf, and Charlomagne's gay took the test to become an MC and Orange Crust became amazed at me. So Larry put me inside his Cadillac Charlemagne got my back and he's always fat.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let's go.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. Hip hop is fifty like cent. We heard Kanye got a scent stink and these brown eye winks don't blink o. The ship will sink. Cast Away brief Club cast is gay. So hey, hey, oh.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, g man, you have a good weekend.
Speaker 11: Brother, y'all have a good week yeah, man, Peter bless y'all.
Speaker 3: Roxy show you ain't got no balls.
Speaker 4: I definitely don't know.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Now we got rumors on the way. What we're talking about coming up?
Speaker 16: Of course, we got to talk about the fact that hip hop is fifty years old and Tyrese suing home Depot for a million dollars.
Speaker 5: That sounds so Tyrese tyres headline, Tyrese is suing Home Deepo for a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's legit, Jesus Christ, I'd love to hit a story. All right, we'll get to it next.
Speaker 3: Don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to Breakfast Club on b et the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ MV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We got our special guest host roxy A Romeo with us this morning, and let's get to the rumors. He is the rumor Report.
Speaker 2: Rocky and ihol Mafiay.
Speaker 16: If you want to know something is like cool or if it's hips, the only way that you're gonna know is if somebody from the culture, the black culture.
Speaker 1: Co signed day on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 16: So we are going to learn something together today because I definitely didn't know this, and we started schooling me earlier this morning.
Speaker 4: Of course, you know, today is hip.
Speaker 16: Hop's fiftieth birthday, So where did hip hop actually first start? So fifty years ago August eleventh, nineteen seventy three, a young lady named Cindy Campbell wanted to throw a back to school party in her Bronx apartment recreation center. In an attempt to save money, Cindy asked her brother to DJ the party since he had this incredible sound system that he was known for. Well, Cindy's brother wanted to play music all night long so that people could dance the entire time, so he played the breakbeats from all the biggest records on a continuous loop on two turntables. Cindy's brother, who DJ that party in the Bronx is now widely known as DJ Coolherk Cool Herk, And that was the inception of hip hop. From that point on, that became the party culture in New York City. Seven years later, hip hop got its first commercial hit in nineteen eighty with rappers Delight by Sugarhill Gang and the name hip hop came directly from the song, which I think we have a clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout to Sylvia Robinson.
Speaker 1: That happened actually in nineteen seventy nine, but shout to the sugar Hill Records team and Gang out in Jersey.
Speaker 2: I mean it, it happened in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Seventy nine is when that record came out.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, okay, got You, Got You? Yeah.
Speaker 5: It changed the course of all of our lives. You know, we are all here because of hip hop. I'm wondering why we just celebrating hip hop's fiftieth all right? Why do we celebrate hip hops birthday every year?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's one of those things.
Speaker 1: I think hip hop is one of those genres where it's they always say it's a young person's game, and if you're listen to rock and roll, or you listen to pop, or you listen to even R and B.
Speaker 3: Or reggae, like they celebrate good music and we don't a lot.
Speaker 1: Of times, like we don't hear none of those records.
Speaker 2: When they got classic rock stations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even on the chassy rock stations, they still play old records. Like if you listen to the pop stage, they still play Yeah, they'll STI play Nirvana. At the new pop station, they'll still play those type of records. Even R and B and an R and B station, they'll play new and old. But a lot of times we don't. So but definitely salute to hip hop. If it wasn't for a hip hop and in the creation of it, I mean I wouldn't be here today. I wouldn't be a DJ. I wouldn't be doing the thing that I love. So I always salute the ogs and the people that came before me.
Speaker 4: So it is twenty twenty three hip hop's fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 16: Hip Hop has become a culture shifting, worldwide influencer from music to fashion, which Charlemagne you talked about hair and even the.
Speaker 4: Way we speak.
Speaker 16: So today we salute DJ cool Hark, who is now reportedly sixty years old and still active.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you know what envy.
Speaker 16: I feel like part of the reason is you would look at a lot of like influential people in this industry that may not necessarily be artists, Like I know, I've definitely heard Jermaine Dupre talk about the fact that hip hop.
Speaker 4: Is a young man's game at LA Read. So when you have people that are that.
Speaker 16: Influential saying that, then you know people are gonna start believing it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that Jermaine Dupri came up as a dancer for Houdini, so he's he embodies everything hip hop and he's one of the main people that have lasted decades in this industry. So when I see all this like LL cooj who was here this week whols, I mean, when did Ll put out his first record eighty something?
Speaker 2: He was sixteen.
Speaker 5: I mean, saying hip hop is still relas game is just a cliche thing to say, because the reality is, if you take a step back and you look at hip hop and its totality, it's not just a young man's game anymore. But we just, like, like Biggie said, whoever thought hip hop would take it this far. Nobody probably thought hip hop would get to fifty years old and you would still have people in their forties, late forties, over fifty. That's still relevant and still you know, you know, doing things in a very impactful way for our culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got Gray Master Flash that's that's still out there. You got DJ red Alert that's still out there. You got some of these OG's and icons from Slick Rick to run DMC to Houdini to Jermaine Duprie. That's still out there, still relevant, still making music, still torring, still doing well.
Speaker 5: So but I was thinking about the you know, the people like the jay Z's and the nass and you know the Doctor Dre's and the diddies who are doing so many amazing things in the business world. Right, but it's all rooted COOLJ. But it's all rooted in the foundation of hip hop.
Speaker 16: How important do you think it is for the younger hip hop artists to know the history, because you know that most of them don't. I'm wondering if they even have ever heard that song.
Speaker 5: Well, it's very important, and you know, you always have room to learn. But what I think is more important for these younger artists is one thing that hip hop being fifty has shown us is in order to be truly great, right to be considered it truly a.
Speaker 2: Legend, you gotta have longevity.
Speaker 5: Because you're talking with the people we just name have been around for twenty five thirty plus years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so in order to.
Speaker 5: Really be considered a great, to really be considered a legend, you can't just be hot for a few years.
Speaker 2: You gotta have that longevity. You gotta have a decade a veteran to me personally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more than ten years, though, I think to be that twenty.
Speaker 2: Even get in the conversation, and then you got to have a decade.
Speaker 1: Like you look at Snoop, you look at mass you look at Doctor Dre, you look at Outcast, you look at t I. You know, those brothers have been doing it for a long time and still relevant, still active.
Speaker 5: So I have no problem entertaining conversations about Drake being one of the goats, Kendrick being one of the goats, called being one of the goats even the future, because they got a decade in You know, if you got a decade a veteran, you can.
Speaker 2: Be in the conversation.
Speaker 5: Because hip hop has shown us that you got to have longevity in order to be considered a legend.
Speaker 1: That's right, And all morning long, I'm gonna be doing mixes that's representing hip hop. Whether it's Naughty by Nature or it's Outcast, or it's t I, or it's Doctor Dre Nwa, Run DMC, l OKUJ, sugar Hill, Gang, Kris One Nas. I'm gonna be doing mixes all morning long. I'm gonna be sprinkling them all in Luke Trick, Daddy and all that. Can Can we get one on right now? Yes?
Speaker 4: Take it to the three or five.
Speaker 1: I mean it's hip hop man. Let's let's can we get one of mixes on now? He's gonna gonna load up a mix and then when we come back, Teslin Figuro will be joining us. Got front page News, and then Yo Gotti will be here. We good, Eddie, he said, give me one second. You know you had fifty years playing this, Eddie. Okay, he's got fifty years old, but you did have some time at least had you at least had a year, at least had a year.
Speaker 2: You'll figure this out.
Speaker 3: You good, We get in it. We're good, he said, two.
Speaker 4: Wait one minute.
Speaker 5: Second hip hop will be fifty all day. He said, hip hop will be fifty all day. I got you at some point today.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we'll play Top of the Hour and then we'll get that on.
Speaker 2: So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Then Tesla will be joining us the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Our Audible pick of the day is the Space Within.
Speaker 2: Jessica Chastain, Bobby Cannibal and all Star Caps are on board for this supernatural audio thriller. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We have our special guest host with us, Romeo.
Speaker 1: She's back and let's get back into some front page news.
Speaker 8: Hey, Test, Hey, good morning, DJ Envy, Good morning Roxy and Charlomagne the guide.
Speaker 1: Now let's jump right in. So let's talk about this teenage girl with autism. What happened with this young lady.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this was a real interesting story.
Speaker 1: It happened in the UK.
Speaker 8: But we have similar bills as well that protect the LGBT community. So I thought this was really interesting to look at. Police have been accused of heavy handedness after an incident evolving involving West Yorkshire in Leeds of a sixteen year old who suffered from scoliosis and autism. She was dragged out of her home for making a comment that the police officer looked liked her lesbian nana. So she was dragged away, kicking and screaming. Now, let me just kind of break down what happened. The mother said that the officer took the comment the wrong way and that she was not homophobic. They entered at home and the daughter had pandic attacks and they were trying to tell her listen, she's autistic. She didn't mean anything by the comment, and the officer basically said, we don't care. We're going to arrest her for homophobic offense. Now, just backing up a little bit. They brought her home because she was out apparently intoxicated somewhere. So when they brought her home and she made the statement, that's when the female officer got offended.
Speaker 10: And it's the audio.
Speaker 8: I have some audio here of just her explaining, you know, with the mother trying to plead with her, saying she's autistic, now while this you can see this video on TikTok. While the mother is telling her listen, she's autistic. The girl is hiding in a corner, and so she's pleading with the officers, and you can hear the officers. They have a very strong accent, but you can hear the officer saying, you know, I don't care she's going to jail.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 1: I'm having.
Speaker 17: Somebody, anybody say the word Let's be her number. She's probably she's not on the phone.
Speaker 10: Go away from my.
Speaker 5: First of all, they start arresting people in America for homophobic public offenses, it will be a lot of people in jail. And police officers all over the world need higher emotional intelligence because because your ego is so fragile that somebody saying you look like they're lesbian, Nana cause you causes you to react like that. I would actually say that the police officer is the homophobic one.
Speaker 2: If the word lesbian triggers you that much to cause you to react like that, I would say you're the homophobic one. Dare you call me that?
Speaker 4: Do you know what's happened?
Speaker 8: Since she was arrested, so right now, the family is saying that, you know, they're trying to do what they can to say that these officers overreacted and literally it was seven officers guys that came and dragged this. If you go watch it on on TikTok, it's very disturbing. The girl is literally screaming, you know, they're kicking, pulling her out, kicking and screaming. I just can't imagine. You know, I'm a mother, I know you are as well, and all of us are parents. Imagine you know your disabled child, you know that's literally having a panic attack and they're taking her out because she said somebody looked like a lesbian. And I wanted to flip this, add this into the conversation. What about the Disabilities Act? You know, what about protecting those who have disabilities? You know, when when does that come into play? Which one trumps the other? So I just found this is really disturbing and just as fy public order, a homophobic public order offense is generally something related to actions that disrupt public peace and harmony. And again, this was not disrupting public peace. The girl said it in her house, but it does include verbal abuse. Harassment threats are violence directed in individuals or groups, but again in the public, and that's what the mother kept saying. She said this in the home. Why are you taking my child to jail for saying that you look like her lesbian?
Speaker 2: Now is not a slur, by the way that I thought it was a real turn.
Speaker 5: That's just a descriptive of me, because the opposite doesn't look like somebody's lesbian there now, she actually looks like a gay young man.
Speaker 2: She looked like jail the picture I saw, she looked like a gay young man. That's what she looked like to me.
Speaker 16: We all know that cops are not always right to begin with. I mean, so that's number one. But I mean, this is just absolutely horrible. They haven't apologized, has she been released, Like are they even claiming any you know, fault at all?
Speaker 8: The police, I mean, the officer said that again, this is legal, uh, you know, to make these these types of comments. So I'll follow and see, you know what else happens with it. But this this is a breaking story, so it just happens. So we don't have the information that's available to us. But again, I thought it was interesting because when you start setting presidents for these types of things, you know, how does it follow and how does it follow the United States? Of course, the United States does have uh, you know, a federal hate crime that does address LGBTQ plus community, but that is usually something related to an actual crime. Canada does have provisions about hate speech, and obviously the United Kingdom does. So I was just really just started digging into this yesterday because I wanted to see, you know, how far does this happen, You know, how has this happened in the United States, And so far I haven't seen anything similar in the United States right now. I think it's over twenty three states that do recognize this type of crime, but again it's usually more related to what we would consider criminal, not just a statement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the officer is the homophobic one here.
Speaker 5: Like if getting called a lesbian offends you that much, if getting called a lesbian triggers you that much, you got deeper issues, That's right, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? That don't have nothing to do with that young autistic girl.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that is front page news. And let me send a resting peace and condolences to anybody that has family or that's lost somebody out in Maui in Hawaii.
Speaker 3: They say in the.
Speaker 1: Death told roads to over fifty five already and there's over a thousand people missing that they can't get in contact with. They were saying people had to jump in in water to avoid the fire. So I just want to send condolences and definitely rest in peace. They saying it's going to cost billions of dollars to rebuild Maui. So all right, Oh and.
Speaker 5: Listen, make sure you subscribed to Tesling figureos podcast. Just great shot, no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network, and follow Tesling on all social media platforms. Anything you heard her talk about this week in front phaged News, She'll be breaking down on her podcast this weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, and when we come back, Yo Gotti will be joining us. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, It's the Breakfast Club. I'm celebrating fifty years a hip.
Speaker 3: Hop owning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ n V, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests joining us today. We got Yo Gottay and produce Young d.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, said, how's it feeling? How you feel? A got you. We just went on a toll for your birthday.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Every time we have Gotti up here, I just loved it. The first interview of Gotti where Gotty. We had Gotty for thirty minutes. He might have said five words, And now God has opened up, he's traveling. He's just a CEO. I just love to see the transformation of Gotty. So how's it been being ceo less music? I know you got a mixtape out now, but really, oh.
Speaker 6: Shot the young d Man he executive produced that joint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it been developing those acts opposed to diving into the music as much as you were before.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think I got the same passion for both, you know what I mean. I always had it from the beginning. I just knew, like you know, it's it's a time for everything. I had to get to a sun's point and the artistry point to you know what I'm saying, to go to the executive, But I think it's the same satisfaction for me. You know what I'm saying, Like seeing an artist win that I work with is like I get the same like validation of seeing myself. I think that's why I'm so like passionate about it. You know what I mean, it's so into it, into the details of artists I work with. It's just like if it was myself. I'm like selfless when it comes to that, you know what I mean. Like I see it as the same.
Speaker 2: How do you know it's time to take the executive jacket off and get back in the trenches as an artist? Like how did you know this is time to do? I showed you show It's just energy.
Speaker 6: I go off energy.
Speaker 7: I'm still like a fan of music at the same time, so when I'm listening to music, I can hear when I feel like something is missing, you know what I mean. So you know, if I feel like I can, you know, try to deliver it. I tried, you know what I'm saying. So, and I feel like to me, like this mixtape to me is like outside music.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 7: I feel like a lot of music like laid back and your feelings and get high music or you know what I'm saying, Like I feel like it's a hustle music is kind of like missing, you know. So what I do what jeez, do you know what I'm saying? Like in that era, I feel like I ain't no like get money music.
Speaker 6: You feel me. I feel like, you know, we need to get money music out.
Speaker 2: I can feel with this one.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, what made you go back to the element of the mixtape because you could have did an album, but could have did an EP, but you decided to link up with with drama and do a gangster grill version.
Speaker 7: Ain't go about that whole get money error that this world took me back to, you know what I'm saying, like it's the whole era. I'm like, you're making fun like it ain't that serious really for me at this point, Like I want to make like like it ain't no ten songs on her so that this is like it's like the shortest project I ever put out since I've been doing music. So it ain't about like, you know, putting a lot of tracks on any like an art piece, you know what I mean? Ten songs only to write ten songs not nothing. That's just feeling me in like if we felt like it want hard, don't put it on her. So we felt like we had number eight hard song.
Speaker 6: We don't put eight.
Speaker 2: You know, you said on the project that you're not doing no more albums. You don't care about the charge and you feel that way, Yeah, of course, why you don't got no, clearly you don't have no more album obligations.
Speaker 6: Then no, no, no, I'm one hundred percent independent.
Speaker 2: Wow, So why why not do an album? It's too much pressure of.
Speaker 6: Nah, I just think, like I think that's a mental thing too. Though for me too.
Speaker 7: It's like I say I'm doing a mixtape. I don't know, it's just like I've been a different mind stake when I say I'm doing an album. You know, most of time when I do a mixtape, I don't spend a lot of time on it. Like I may do it in a week, you know what I'm saying, ten days, nine days, something like that. You know, you may be working on your album for six months, eight months, you know what I'm saying, like going bagging forth. So I think it's kind of like when I came up in the mixtape era, mixtape was almost like practice. He was like, Man, I'm gonna do this before the album. Like it's kind of like the Walk, Yeah, this is a warm up before the album, but they always be special, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So it's kind of like, well, I'm on.
Speaker 3: What made you get Glorilla? A?
Speaker 7: Madbag Trump, glowball, first car not too long ago, Like you know, it's crazy, like the whole like probably your run.
Speaker 6: She didn't even have a car, you know what I'm saying. Not that she can't afford it.
Speaker 7: Of course she could buy a car, but she wasn't even like glowing bitch, she don't even really be on that, you know what I'm saying. So I wanted to buy that type of coca, she probably wouldn't even bought it.
Speaker 6: Take it in paper.
Speaker 2: That's golilla money anyway. So you just spend money out of her budget.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, we don't have budgets. It's more definitely my money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You feel, Yeah, she's not She's not gonna look at a statement later on and be.
Speaker 7: Like, uh and if you know, I'm the type of person they're like, we don't really have them type of issues. Them the type of person they're like, we just don't have them type of issues.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's too much pay for, it's too much paper flowing around, have money issues.
Speaker 1: Another time you put it on social media that I think it was a couple of million dollars for any lawyer that can help you get four two out?
Speaker 6: Yeah, shuret too.
Speaker 1: How did anybody call? Did anybody reach out? What's the process was going on for?
Speaker 6: Everybody reached out? You know what I'm saying, But they can't really do nothing. But Doug already? You know we rock with who Doug lay?
Speaker 11: Is?
Speaker 6: He good?
Speaker 7: He was good from the beginning, you know what I'm saying. Just we thought we could get him home earlier. We would have bust and move you said, he shure. So you're coming on soon?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, like sixty eighty days or something like.
Speaker 2: Oh world, Well okay, okay, what's before the end of the year? Young? Did this whole project?
Speaker 6: Well, most of here is executive produced it.
Speaker 7: He produced most of the records, but the executive produced the whole project, meaning like I worked with him, like you know, even if I got to be from another producer on you know, the type of energy and tempos and stuff like that we was going at.
Speaker 2: Was it a lot of pressure? H D A lot of pressure? Okay. I'm just always just meeting my style with his staff.
Speaker 1: Where he's from.
Speaker 2: D Jackson, Tennessee, Tennessee. How y'all connected?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, we found him. He was he was fourteen years old.
Speaker 3: I would say, d look young.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's seventeen, sixteen or seventeen now he's seventeen. Now we met him. He was fourteen on Instagram live.
Speaker 1: She made on Instagram like he was on live and he said them up.
Speaker 7: Beach and he sent them some beats. Oh and it count of rock from there like and he sent bags and beats. And then me and Bad was talking about him like you know the number fourteen, and me and Bad actually collaborated and signed them together when he was fourteen.
Speaker 1: What did your what did your parents say? When you have the most parents look at the rap grave, the rap game is as now, it's not gonna be It's gonna take a long time and you're not gonna be successful. So what do your parents say? With both these platinum martists at the time, so I want to sign you. They would lead in front of jump and they let you go at me, do me really? Do we do?
Speaker 6: You need to travel with us him and his dad to pull up to the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, young, you got to have a conversations with the parents just to let them know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know you got even when you're doing business at that young the parents got to be involved in all that. But Dad it was, you know, super supportive, would travel with them to the studio session and everything. And when we would cook up, we had these CMG sessions. He'll come to them where you cook up live in the studio, it's dad.
Speaker 5: Or bring them down though, Man one record you got on the album Man with money Bag, Yo, mind my business, I swear man. That's how everybody feel when they come from a certain environment, you know what I mean, Because you want to help, but sometimes.
Speaker 2: You don't feel like your help is appreciated. Then you don't really know what you can do. So sometimes you just like, I'm just gonna mind my business. People.
Speaker 7: It's always been me. Yeah, it's always been me. I think that's like one of the things streets teach you in the beginning. Like you know, I call it just survival skills, you know what I'm saying, Like a lot of people survive long as just staying out of people busding, you know what I'm saying, Like this man, just I don't hear nothing, don't see nothing, know nothing.
Speaker 6: I ain't even got no opinion on nothing absolute.
Speaker 5: But then when you somebody like yourself, who is a figure you know what I mean, and comes from the street, you probably can't change.
Speaker 2: A lot of the next generation's lives are showing a better way.
Speaker 7: I think we put it. We put in work to make change is what we can. It's still a lot of stuff we do do. You know what I'm saying. It's a lot of stuff we do do that we do think is effective to help, you know what I mean. But I think it's a line, right, It's a line where you can do that, and it's a line where like a backfound you or you just you need to stay man your business, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: All Right, we got more with Yo Gotti when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning. Everybody is Deed MV and Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club's still kicking it with Yo Gotti. I was gonna ass with with fifty years of hip hop being this week. You know what got you into hip hop? Being a young hustler from Memphis, Like what made you say this is where I want to be? What made you fall in love with it?
Speaker 6: I mean I was just a fan of it from the gate. Since a kid. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I remember standing in front of the Flow Model TV's just looking at videos that was out, and I just always thought it was dope and fly. I just was, you know, a fan of hip hop from the beginning, you know what I'm saying. Before I even knew that I would begin it, I was a fan of it.
Speaker 1: And did you know that was gonna be your way out of what you were doing?
Speaker 6: Or it was just actually didn't know it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Even when I first started rapping, I didn't believe it was possible actually happened because coming from where I'm from, we didn't know anybody famous. We didn't know like nobody that had made it, like from rapping, from being an NFL player, being an NBA player talk host.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: We didn't know like anybody that made it, you know what I'm saying, other than you know, the dope boys from my neighborhood were at fly calls and Juror Feli out Fitz and you know what I'm saying. Like, so, you know, even when I was doing it, it was kind of like it was just something to do. I didn't really think that like it can really you know what I'm saying, turn it to what it turned to?
Speaker 1: When did you realize to be like, you know what, I got to move where people don't see me because a lot of people don't want what's best for me.
Speaker 7: It took me a while to understand that, you know what I'm saying, And I think it's older I gotta understood them more, you know what I'm saying, because you know, because like like you just said, like I didn't understand when I was young why I didn't see.
Speaker 2: Them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like I remember being in Mifficing. They were telling me like I'm stay in LA and I'm like l A, Like I'm like, but now I get it, saying like but I ain't.
Speaker 7: When I was young, I ain't really you know, like I'm man enough to say that, Like you know, it's like you just changed mindsets, you know what I'm saying. That you learn and mature and you see things differently. But when I was younger, I most definitely was one of them. Uh probably like with the young guys, just tell you you feel me, you know what I'm saying. So I was I I used to think like that and didn't understand some of the things.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about your pockets a little bit. Your part owner of an MLS team right there. How did did you ever have any like, maybe I should invest.
Speaker 2: In DC United?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you said, you said, because.
Speaker 1: Back then this is this is before I mean, it's a soccer team. Did you ever think to yourself, maybe I shouldn't invest in this. What made you say this is I'm put my money in this.
Speaker 7: I never thought I shouldn't invest it. And it was more so like can I invest more? You know what I'm saying. I knew it was to play. You know what I'm saying for multiple reasons, Like you know, I do my research. For one, I got the right business team around me, so we do all the right fact checking and making sure that the business and the right standpoints, so that alone, on paper, it was the right business move.
Speaker 6: But my passion for.
Speaker 7: Diversifying and growing and accomplishing different things as a hustler also was a big part of it. And then soccer was like the only sport my son ever played.
Speaker 6: That's how I even know. You didn't seem like I never even seen it.
Speaker 7: And I told them that when we were when I was getting into the team that I never even seen a soccer field when I was a kid. When I seen a soccer ball, I thought it was a flat football. We just basketball with a soccer ball because just because there was a ball, you know what I'm saying, and we just thought like, man, why the ball flat? So we had no exposure to soccer and the way I grew up, you know. So but my son different and went to different type of schools, right, so they had a soccer feeling in school, and it's the sporty play. So between going to practices and games, you know, I learned what the sporty or so on the opportunity presenting itself out familiar with the sport.
Speaker 2: How far he moved? Do you feel like you are from the street all the way?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, I'm already moved from the street one.
Speaker 3: Thousand, two thousands.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: I think streets is not like an action, you know what I'm saying. I think it's a way of thinking, meaning like, I don't think this a certain way of thinking whatever, like leave my mindset meaning like, and it's just from like a protection standpoint or coming since standpoint or street since standpoint, meaning like just knowing how to move right so I can stay behind and three security guard gates or whatever.
Speaker 6: I still pull up to the house the same way.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. I still look, but I pull up. If it's too dog, I may not go in the house. You know what I'm saying that that's what I mean by street mentality.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. I mean like it's a feel. You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: It's still to today. Rob pull up to the house sometimes and I just look and I keep going. I just don't feel it safe to go in. Tonight, I go to the hotel room. But that's somebody. That's a trade I got from in the street.
Speaker 2: Right, Do you feel what you mean?
Speaker 1: But do you still feel that way?
Speaker 3: Like after this day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got cameras and how you look at your phone?
Speaker 6: I got everything.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You got cameras, I got twenty four hour guards, I got animals.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I got every form of protection you have. You know what I'm saying. I still move like that.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's PTSD broat with everything that's that's going on and you look at your career and you look at your life, and I remember you putting out the record and you just do a shot out there for Angela Simmons and to see it three sixty and now that you're actually dating, what was that original conversation?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: Was it a joke?
Speaker 2: Was it like what you mean?
Speaker 7: You know, like the first first coming Absolutely, the very first time I ever said anything to it was it was after the song and I just told her I was serious, you know what I'm saying because I seen her and then it was like a joke and I'm like, nah, like find I'm serious, serious, choke, you know what I'm saying. Heard. Yeah, that was the first thing I ever told her, first time I ever said Did she take you serious?
Speaker 6: Think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 5: On the album you said I ain't never I ain't never lost the crush. I missed the follow up. I'm pretty consistent. I'm pretty consistent.
Speaker 2: Is the record is the one? Is that about her?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was inspired by for Shure. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: She was in the studio with me. You know, when I record, I come off the top on right. So when I loaded the beat up and I was in the booth, like she was in the studio. One nobody in the studio, me hunt somebody else, you know, That's what came out.
Speaker 1: I was being a bit so so public because usually you was been very private about your private life, whether it's whoever you would dat you or family members. So I was it to have your life on front street. This is been difficult.
Speaker 6: It's different. I mean, I ain't gonna say it's difficult, but it's different.
Speaker 3: People judge you too much?
Speaker 1: Or is it always?
Speaker 6: Don't culling about none of that.
Speaker 7: Bro Again, I come from with like I don't think these type of like judgments and opinion, like none of that can really hurt me. I come from like the worst already, you know what I mean. So it ain't it's just different. It's just different. And I think the reason why I was never public it wasn't because an issue with the people or nothing, you know what I'm saying, more like a safety thing, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, Or like you don't really want nobody to know where your family is?
Speaker 6: You know what? I think? The difference is you already know she is, You already know who I am, and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You think you would get married? I don't know? Said she one is?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So we gotta see it's about time got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you listen, you that dude right now you bossed up on a different level. Ain't nothing like having that whole unit together, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hopefully get you may or you can give me some pointers and some information about that.
Speaker 2: You know, I just got good at it.
Speaker 6: Ye give me some.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately again coming from where we come from, and a lot of our people ever does. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, Like I ain't got nothing against it. Were still coming for where we come from and what we know.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. So we know love, we know loyalty, but just the end goal I can.
Speaker 5: Say, I can say being married and actually doing right by my wife, you know in color purple and Seiy pointed at you and see he sa, ain't no good gonna come.
Speaker 2: To you till you do right by me. When you do right by your wife, absolute your life. Just man, you think you're doing it now? Oh my god, everything everything else, everything.
Speaker 1: You had a conversation with run Cander kind of, it's still gotta be awkward, nobody.
Speaker 7: I gotta, I gotta sit down with him. So yeah, it's lined up though.
Speaker 2: To see that that mean it's about to get serious.
Speaker 6: I respect.
Speaker 2: The song No Fake Love, man, you feel like all love is fake.
Speaker 7: For real, not at all, but a lot of it, most of it. I think we're in an opportunitist world. So I feel like, you know, people love you for what you could do for them, and once you stop doing it, or once you can't do it, you will see that soon that it's a different relationship with a different type of relationship, whether y'all hustling together, whether y'all just friends. A lot of situations, you know what I'm saying. People confuse love and opportunity.
Speaker 1: How we got more with Yo Gotti when we come back. Of course, it's hip Hop's fiftieth birthday and we're doing mixed all morning long, So let's get on another mix. Man, let me know your favorite hip hop joint. What joint do you love? It's the Breakfast Slub. Good morning pinting everybody. It's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club we're still kicking it with Yo Gotti Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: When you have an artists, right because you've had so much success with different artists. If one of the artists don't take off, what's that conversation?
Speaker 6: Like we tried? You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Like I tell all my artists is from the beginning, we can win together. We can lose together. Like if I can go to the bank with you, I can with you too. I ain't tripping, you know what I'm saying. Long as we both tried our bitch to do what we thought we're winning. You win some, you lose some. You know what I'm saying, Like I ain't tripping.
Speaker 2: You know how you know when it's time to move on, though at most time, I only.
Speaker 7: Move on if we ain't like seeing on the same page. It ain't really a monetarial standpoint, you know what I'm saying, Because we can figure out how to adjust the numbers, keep getting the artist shots and it still makes sense.
Speaker 6: So we're not losing too much, you feel me as long.
Speaker 7: As I feel like we're still in it together and we're still trying together. You know what I'm saying that if we ain't on the same page. We just wasting each other time you.
Speaker 1: Look at artist as ever being a little lazy. Because of the social media era, they got a lot of things that you didn't have, right. So I remember seeing you come up and the things that you had to do, whether it was going to every homecoming, All Star event, super Bowl where you would travel with all your cars to make it a movie. Like I remember seeing that, and it's seeing the grind.
Speaker 6: I talk about this all the time more partnering them.
Speaker 7: They're like, it's just a different error, Like well we done to promote and what we've done to get in position. I just don't think new artists today could even do that.
Speaker 14: Bro.
Speaker 7: I remember I used to go to New Orleans to holler burn Man. We used to wait ten hours just to talk to him, Like you know what I mean. Like, imagine if you tell the artists come to meet you today and they take take you ten hours to talk to them, dispected like.
Speaker 6: Man Win thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: Like you know, we would go to a video shoot and beat her all day to be in a two second cameo. We ain't had no trailer, no budget style it budget again, Man, invite a artist to the video and he ain't ready to shoot them when he pull up.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, it's just different, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So, but I also think those are things that make people like me, like stronger on a different level, Like I can take more. I'm not bother easily, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm not really like I ain't phased by nothing. I already done it the hardest way you can do it. I haven't already been through the look, you know what i mean. Like, so, like, what's some serious somebody's like it's a joke to be tripping off like you painted it?
Speaker 6: You fitted by there?
Speaker 2: Like what's Young D done that made you be like, come on, bro.
Speaker 7: D ain't done nothing, Bro like cooler? Yeah, Young D like just getting started and he onto a great start.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: He done like Doug record made Bag of Future, a lot of money Bag records at an early age. So I think he kind of ahead of his time, you know what I'm saying. I think he's creating a sound that's probably gonna be like this c MG sound for the next you know, next way, you.
Speaker 5: Got your first hundred bands yet, d Yeah, yeah, sure, yeah that's what That's what god. He said on the first hundred band said his first hundred bands felt like a million.
Speaker 2: So what did a million feel like? Then? Guy?
Speaker 7: Man, you know it's crazy because it's like, I mean, y'all got a lot of money. Man, yeah, I'm saying, but it's like, you know when you first get that first hundred that honey in the hood, you were like a mean hear the hood, you know what I'm saying. Then in Memphis, you know, yeah, like you might be one point five. You know what I'm saying, because it's like just how I feel, you know what I'm saying when when you get it the first time, it's a it's a special feeling. And I think, you know, it's crazy that I think we all from a coach that just wanted to be a millionaire at some point because that seemed like the end goal, like, man, if I can become a millionaire, that was it, right until you get the million.
Speaker 3: Then you realize like, oh manmore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like this ain't the same what I thought. It was, like, you feel me, I need a lot more than you.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, so, I just think it's different tempoles you hit like I think the honey band, the first hundred band is special.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: In the street really too, I think it's also different. I don't know this, but I think if you got one hundred thousand dollars job, it may don't feel the same at the one hundred thousand dollars, five tens and twenties in your hand in the street, like what I'm breakfacing to, you know what I'm saying, because then what I think. You know what I mean, I never had a six fitt of job, you know, like they paid.
Speaker 6: It the job.
Speaker 2: There's really like fifty sixty.
Speaker 6: All that money, the first hundred bands and five tens and twenties, and it looks good.
Speaker 7: And you got to you know how you got stacked up, whether it's in ten thousan dollars stacks or one thousand dollar stacks.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know I can't wait to field.
Speaker 7: We to man, we used to earn them. I used to earn my money. Put the small bills over here and yeah, you feel me?
Speaker 6: So I can't spend You know, you.
Speaker 7: Got one hundred thousand, a hundred downtime. You know, Come on, man, what you learning from.
Speaker 5: Hole at this point in the game, Because on the album you say you feel like you're right there with Hole. Yeah, I said, you feel like you're right there.
Speaker 7: With I'm your rappers favorite rappers something like that. Uh, I'm damned on J level, but not literally. Yeah, but then I make sure I tell you not literally, because that's that's a different level.
Speaker 1: That's a billion billion conversations.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I say that in what I'm learning from Jay Now, I think it's about and it's my opinion, I think everything with Jay rock Nation is about impact at this point, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I feel like, of course they are all the money in the world.
Speaker 7: Right for me too, It's like trying to see how much impact can you give, you know what I'm saying, whether that's happening a young deal that's helping another artist, or whether it's creating jobs in the city, or whether it's just you know, helping somebody with information. You know, I do a lot of that, only they're probably never be public, you know what I mean. It's so many artists it's not signed to me that I get nothing off of that, I talk to every week different artists that I just you know, get information, to give advice, to help them with different situations. You know what I'm saying, try to help them go to the next level. That I have no financial interest in, just impact. I think everything is information. I take in a lot of information, but I also give their information back out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So I think I'm just at a point.
Speaker 7: Where I'm trying to figure out how many things I can touch, how much impact I can lead in the legacy.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't think of no artists who's got a better roster of artists, you know, when we've seen different people have different rosters at certain times. I'm talking about right now, at this moment, I can't think of nobody who got CMG.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we blessed.
Speaker 2: They always say that in Memphis, if you're not CMG, is not co work.
Speaker 6: No, that's not true.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of artists it's not CMG from Memphis, their work, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You know, we like them too. There's a lot of young cats right now that's killing it.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. Who I think they're killing it? On the street already. I think they're gonna be the next wave. And they signed the different people. You know what I'm saying, Nah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Give them information? Do you give like that those other labels?
Speaker 6: Anybody, bro?
Speaker 7: Anybody who hit me like I'm an open book, you know what I'm saying, Like, I ain't hard to reach, so anybody can get information from me.
Speaker 2: Do you want new artists? Do you want more people?
Speaker 6: The right ones? The right one we got. We got a lot going on right now.
Speaker 7: So a bunch of artists we can't afford to be like if you ain't really like, if you ain't serious about hustling, we ain't.
Speaker 6: We ain't trying to get no quick check or not.
Speaker 1: Just you remember the artist got some glovella money bag?
Speaker 3: Yo is t G four two Doug black Gangster?
Speaker 2: What all the artists you have?
Speaker 7: Anybody were forgetting a big bugeyl Esus Christ I forgot a big boogey with something. Yeah, pop off, big booge popping off. Well, I just was on the phone you a minute ago. He's good youngster business man, bro. He like you actually work on a lot of other stuff. You know what I'm saying, a lot of real estate stuff, a lot of different different hustles.
Speaker 6: You know, little paper. We got a little pop, a little pop from Jacksonville, Florida, from the West coast.
Speaker 2: I ain't nobody do with CMG.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, somebody feel you.
Speaker 2: Need somebody from the Carolinas. May you need somebody from South Carolina.
Speaker 6: We're looking.
Speaker 2: Oh you got Okay, Okay, you're looking.
Speaker 6: We're looking.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 7: I can't say that they might grab the might they might grab before. But we won't work somebody from Carolina, New York. We won't work with somebody from New York, Atlanta. Yeah, there's certain markets. We always wanted to like find the right.
Speaker 2: Artists because you know that South Carolina got always had big love for you. You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: South Carolina like a big part of our like our success for real, you know what I'm saying. Like if you if you took the Carolina's out of the picture, maybe you'll take a lot of high paper.
Speaker 6: You take a lot of people out there after what are we What are you talking about? Show money?
Speaker 7: We're talking about records, streams. A lot of it comes from the Carolina.
Speaker 2: Because Arnold Taylor was a big part of your.
Speaker 6: My dog is My dog. It's my dog for sure.
Speaker 3: All right, well the album watch said the gangster the Girls mixtape.
Speaker 1: I showed you so you can pick it up now, young d We appreciate you for joining us, and of course YO got it. Thank you brother, it's the Breakfast.
Speaker 6: Went on.
Speaker 1: Answer was cockroaches everywhere hit the rumor is the report.
Speaker 11: Rock.
Speaker 16: If you want to know if something is like cool or if it's hip, the only way that you're gonna know is if somebody from the culture.
Speaker 1: The black culture co signed on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Alright, Rocks, let's get to it.
Speaker 4: So Charlemagne, this is for you.
Speaker 16: We are talking tyresee suit home depot for one million dollars.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 16: So this is what happened. He was there with two of his associates. They were shopping and people started recognizing him. So they were at the cashier and he basically told the cashier listen, people know me. I'm going in the car. Just it's okay, go ahead and swipe the credit card. He went in the car and then the cashier decided, no, I'm not swiping the credit card.
Speaker 4: I need ID.
Speaker 16: So they facetimed him and he was like, I was just in there five minutes ago. Like, go ahead and swipe the credit card.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 16: And I think we actually have audio of him on FaceTime talking to the cashier.
Speaker 1: Can you please include that information. I was just there.
Speaker 2: I just walked.
Speaker 18: If you're going to talk to your manager, tell your manager the truth. I was just in the store and I gave my guys my credit card in front of your staff and team member, and I walked off. Don't say that I'm not there with no ID. You can pull up the cameras. I was there five minutes ago. This is completely unnecessary what you're.
Speaker 1: Doing right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not answering what.
Speaker 18: Man should I have the CEO of Home Depot to call you tomorrow because he's my neighbor.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's be clear.
Speaker 5: Tyres is famous, you know, fast and furious, but he does look like one version of several different people. So I'm just saying, you know, dawskin ball head, that fits a lot of descriptions. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the problem is if and I don't know if the young lady knew who he was, but the young lady, you know, is certain those regulations that you have to do if somebody comes with a credit card, you need in identification in a lot of a lot of cases, and especially if the person is not there on FaceTime, that doesn't work.
Speaker 5: And I understand that is a point of inconvenience in that moment for Tyree's But what if his credit card was actually stole?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, if it was stolen or somebody like Charlemagne was on FaceTime. It was like, I'm Tyree. They kind of look like that's my point.
Speaker 5: I just said that he looks like one version of several different people, ballhead, Darwskin, you know, can fit a lot of descriptions.
Speaker 2: I just want to know how Tyree's got to the million dollar number. Well, that's what I wanted them.
Speaker 4: So he feels like this is discrimination?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 16: They all three of the men actually filed the suit saying that they have suffered shame, humiliation, and mental suffering and the million dollars that they're asking for is to cover the amount of money Tyree said he has spent in home Depot over the years, along with punitive damages.
Speaker 4: So Home Deepot did release a statement, yes, this.
Speaker 16: This is yes, they said, nigga, please what they say diversity and respect for all people, our core to who we are and We do not tolerate discrimination in any form. We value mister Gibson as a customer, and in the months since this happened, we've reached out to him and his attorney several times to try to resolve his concerns.
Speaker 4: We will continue to do so.
Speaker 5: He's going to go to court dress like he was in Baby Boy with a bunch of Mexicans, and he gonna really claimed discriminate.
Speaker 1: He's stupid.
Speaker 2: He's stupid. But I will say treated me wrong an essay.
Speaker 1: But I will say me, I mean, these businesses got to protect their sound, right, because I'm sure a lot of people can go to these stores and these businesses and say, hey, that wasn't me that charge that card, And when they go to the camera, if that person is not there charging that card, they're not live, they're liable, you know.
Speaker 4: So and that's essentially what the kasher said, like this is policy.
Speaker 2: Right, Like how we notice ain't tight Diggs, that's all ye, all right?
Speaker 16: So I saw this story yesterday, and you know, I'm always drawn to mom's stories. So we have seen Rihanna through her past two pregnancies, wearing the sexiest outfit, showing off her baby.
Speaker 4: Bump in the biggest way.
Speaker 16: So Serena Williams just posted a picture on her you know, ig wearing this like little Gucci outfit, a little skirt with like a top, and her.
Speaker 4: Belly is on blast, and for some reason, she is not getting the love that Rihanna.
Speaker 16: God, she was getting criticized by a lot of people saying, oh, she's dressing like Rihanna, she need to put on clothes, even though yes, she did get support from her followers, but she was also getting a lot of heat.
Speaker 4: So I just feel like, why is it okay for Rihanna and now Serena. I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I need more context. Why do you need more I don't understand. I mean I don't understand either, Like, what's the problem?
Speaker 3: Doesn't even there is?
Speaker 4: There should not be a problem.
Speaker 5: To be honest, Serena has always intimidated people though, you know what I'm saying, because she's she's a beautiful woman with her muscular appearance, her physique, that's always intimidated people.
Speaker 2: That made people uncomfortable. So I think that's probably what it is.
Speaker 4: It should it should not be. It should not be.
Speaker 16: And if you look at her outfit, she actually has on more clothes than Rihanna normally does, so it should not.
Speaker 5: Be back in the conversation we was having another day where we were talking about, uh, you know when when black women, you know, are a certain shape, they can have one a regular thing that a woman they can have on the same out of the woman can have the same shape, and it makes people uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: And I think there's been like a few cases that that has popped up.
Speaker 6: Was it a home depot or I don't know what it was that was having a conversation.
Speaker 4: All right, do we have time for one more?
Speaker 1: Okay, never mind that is.
Speaker 3: Your rumor reports? Shall I mean donkey to day? Well, give me a donkey two man.
Speaker 2: For after the hour.
Speaker 5: I need a young brother named Seth Berman to come to the front of the congregation. We like to have a word with him. And we're also going to have a nice conversation about the target effect. Y'all know what the target effect is? Right when you go on target, you can't just get one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll discuss we'll get to that next and uh, we got a new record that we're about to get on this DJ Khalid Future Little Baby and.
Speaker 5: The new record yeah, because cald has been making a different version of the exact same song for a long time.
Speaker 1: Well you listening and tell us.
Speaker 2: I already heard it. That's why I hate that comment.
Speaker 15: It's the breakfast over the morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Our orderable pick of the day is DJ Drama's gangst the Grill podcast. Here, DJ Drama and some legendary artists breakdown hip hop mixtape history. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash DJ Drama.
Speaker 3: Damn heg, it's time for.
Speaker 1: I mean trying to be dunky the day no more.
Speaker 5: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 3: Called Donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 8: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of the day to day?
Speaker 5: Well, donkey today for Friday, August eleventh goes to Seth Berman. Seth Berman is thirty four years old and he hells from the Great City of Atlanta, Georgia. Seth is suffering from what psychologists call the target effect. Everybody in America's suffers from the target effect. Doesn't matter what your financial status is. The reality of the situation is none of us can go into Target and get one thing. I know, I'm speaking directly to you right now. You feel seen, don't you, maybe even triggered? Trust me, I understand every single emotion you are dealing with. I get and psychologists do too.
Speaker 2: It's a real thing.
Speaker 5: You're going to Target to buy one thing, maybe you know, a good fellow T shirt. Next thing, you know, you walking out with one hundred dollars worth of stuff and you have no idea how that happened.
Speaker 2: All right. Target does that to humans, so much so that clinical psychologists have released tips on how to stage your own target interventions.
Speaker 5: Okay, Target is a trap, all right, because the story isn't the actual target you are. Do you realize that everything in Target is strategically placed there to keep you there, everything from the lighting, the bright colors. They say it brightens your effect and you tend to have a pretty good time there. So it's conducive to buying. You know, of course you're gonna you know, spend more in a place that you spend more time. And not to mention, it's a Starbucks in all of them, so that adds another addiction.
Speaker 2: Okay, Starbucks, heroin same thing. Target also places things in strategic places to boost cross selling. And then they have these things called lifestyle settings that help you visualize the goods in your home. Once you see it, once you can see it in your place of residence, you want it in your place of residence. Okay.
Speaker 5: And I'm not even gonna get into the psychological pricing Target does. Oh, they make you think you're getting a deal just because it's a nine at the end of the price. If it has a nine on the end of the price, it appears to be on sale. Therefore you can't pass it up. Those are just a few of the reasons the Target effect is real. And that's the reason why you can never leave Target with just one thing. And step Berman, he fell victim to that. See he went to Target for one thing, but like most of us, couldn't leave with just one thing.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Fox five Atlanta for the report police this there's an also released.
Speaker 14: New video of a shoplifting suspect being arrested.
Speaker 1: Take a look.
Speaker 14: This is the Target located on Caroline Street.
Speaker 6: Atlanta.
Speaker 14: Police say an officer was flagged down by a security guard. That guard told authorities that the man stole two televisions from the store.
Speaker 1: They say when the man was.
Speaker 14: Caught outside the store, he fought the officer until backup arrived. Both the suspect and officer suffered minor injuries.
Speaker 5: Now, police say he was on drugs during all of this. But this wasn't weed, it wasn't shrooms, it wasn't Rihanna's makeup he was using. This man was under the influence of target.
Speaker 2: Okay, the target effect is a stronger drugg than all those things mentioned. That's why he went back to the scene of the crime because mentally he never left. See if you only get one thing from target, you hear Kobe Bryant in your brain.
Speaker 1: Saying, job's not finished. Job finished. I don't think so, that's right.
Speaker 5: The target effect is so real that when his brother got caught leaving the store with the TV, he didn't think about running away.
Speaker 2: He thought about running back into the store.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: That's like an animal that's been locked in the cage and instead of running off into the wild to get free, they run back into the zoo. I know y'all want to blame drugs, but trust me, this is the target effect. Okay, as I'm doing this, donkey right now, there's someone pulling up the target for one thing and they gonna come out thirty minutes later with at least three to five items.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now let's talk about Seth as a thief. He simply got too greedy because he did successfully steal one TV. He was free and clear, but his greed made him go back to steal another one. This is a prime example that we get too greedy. Okay, he successfully stole one TV, he was free and clear, with his greed mixed with the target effect made him go back to get another sixty five inch TV.
Speaker 5: Why did he need another TV? I know football season on the way, but damn what you building the sports box? You need to have more than one TV to have more than one game on at the same time. Maybe he wanted to play Call of Duty and watch The Breakfast Club on BT at the same time. I don't know what, Seth, did you have to go back to the same exact targets you stole from the first time. I did some research, and by research I mean Google, and it's at least eight targets in the Atlanta area. You're telling me the target effect is so scrump that you couldn't even leave the target you was.
Speaker 2: At to go to another one. Huh, you stuck on stupid like a woman who's addicted to a terrible man with good penis. All right, this man ain't got no job, no ambition. He cheats on you constantly, had another baby mammy. He's still sleeping with.
Speaker 5: But you still end up under him every other day, letting him sweat on you. That had nothing to do with anything. I just wanted to make you feel bad. But still sleeping with that brother under modification or for short, you can just call.
Speaker 1: Him a bummer.
Speaker 2: Please give seth Berman to sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 19: Oh no, you are the dog of the day, all the doggie, all the day.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 2: I wonder what triggered people more during that donkey today realizing that you know, we all have been victims of the target effect, are realizing that you are still sleeping with a terrible man with good penis?
Speaker 1: Which one for you?
Speaker 2: Hm hm.
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 3: All right, well bet e t thank you. We'll see y'all on money.
Speaker 5: That I almost told people you the bum that I'm sleeping with now I almost told people that I might.
Speaker 2: Have just did now what now what?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, sir, I'm not a bum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a beige on the modification.
Speaker 1: It's getting awkward and strange. Okay, been awkward and strange. Welcome Roxy, all right, I feel like all right, everybody else again? Shot to b e t everybody else. Let's open up the phone lines. Today. We are celebrating fifty years of hip hop. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one five one. Our little niece, Nyla. She popped up and great question. She said when No, she said when, She didn't say when, she said if? When she said when? She said, if aliens touched down, When the aliens touched down and you had to explain hip hop, what album would you use to explain hip hop to them?
Speaker 2: What album would I give them to say this is hip hop?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five five one o five one easy call? Not when?
Speaker 4: No, I think it's when it's not?
Speaker 1: When? When it's only a matter of time, If aliens touchdown on Earth and they wanted to say hip hop, Oh, I can't wait till they cancel you for teacher, what's going to happen when the aliens come and they become a part of our society. They're gonna go back to this four or five years from now and they're gonna cancel you for mocking them.
Speaker 2: Say do it again? Do it against what?
Speaker 3: That's hip?
Speaker 13: What did they do?
Speaker 1: That's what they sound like.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm keeping all my thoughts to myself.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred and five five discussion.
Speaker 2: That's not like no alien to me. Did y'all the aliens and aliens to get this off?
Speaker 1: But the other day, aliens we want to know what hip hop is. I don't know. I'm not messing with you with them, but I'm not.
Speaker 15: It's topic times called eight hundred five five, one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody at ce j n V.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest host, Roxy Romeo, and today, of course is fifty years of hip hop. Now, our niece Snyler Simona's up here and she asks, you know, if aliens came and touched down on Earth and you had to explain hip hop, what album would you give them that would you know?
Speaker 3: Pretty much break down hip hop? So that is the question. Eight hundred and five eight five one on five is one album?
Speaker 1: If this one don't start, I'm gonna start just one album, one album.
Speaker 2: This was an easy call for me. I thought it was gonna be tougher than it was. But when the extraterrestrials get here, our family from other planets, the album I'm going to give them is Let's get It Thug Motivation one on one by Young Jeez. That feels like a good welcome to Earth album.
Speaker 5: And when you hear the first song on that album, the Thug Motivation one on one, the way that beat comes in and Jez's ad libs, and then when the beat drops and he was I used to hit the kitchen lights. It was cockroaches everywhere. That just feels like a good welcome to Earth album. I feel like that sets the tone for those you know, beings from other other planets.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 16: This is very cliche, but I got to go with my ladies. It is definitely the Miseducation of larn Hill. Okay, like beginning to end, you can't skip this. You don't need to skip one song. All of it is amazing O.
Speaker 2: Great album, fantastic album, but what if the aliens are misogynistic? They mean I want to hear that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well for me, nas illmatic, I just think that that represents hip hop. I mean, because you know, they can have a song for aliens all the aliens locked up, which is well love, because I'm sure that some aliens locked up. Then as far as the world is yours for the aliens out there, that really might not have you know, they need.
Speaker 5: The super ass song to play for the aliens. Now, that is the dumbest song to play for aliens. It's not theirs, you idiot.
Speaker 1: But they can grow and they can say the world is yours, young alien, you could get out there and do it.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, all y'all know is the world.
Speaker 5: We know the whole universe, and we been traveling worlds, the little bum ass hurtling.
Speaker 1: And then the way that the aliens move is like a New York state of militant, fast, strong, aggressive, Like that's the New York state of mind.
Speaker 5: No, yes, and they've seen the old universe and they're not gonna be impressed by New York.
Speaker 3: And they gotta represent.
Speaker 1: Represent, represent represent alien nations, represent represent.
Speaker 3: That, you know what I mean, so I think I think it is illmatic.
Speaker 5: You defended the aliens. You offended them by mocking them, all right, that's number one. That's number one. You offended them by saying the world is yours, and you know, actually they're gonna be like, you know what, this is ours, We're gonna take this over.
Speaker 2: That's number one. And number three, you're gonna tell them in the New York state of mind, when they've seen the whole universe, they've seen.
Speaker 16: All these place like sure they're here already anyway, New York milky waist.
Speaker 1: Now we have our young nieces. We're about to do pasts in a little bit.
Speaker 3: But what is your album? Aliens come to you and sayt nyla, tell us what you like?
Speaker 20: Tell me what I like the album item that breaks down hip hop trying. I feel like it covers young and the old.
Speaker 10: I feel like it's what up Alien?
Speaker 7: What up?
Speaker 10: Gangster?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, they were like that.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm going with fifty.
Speaker 20: But you said, miss Education, that's a really good one too.
Speaker 16: Like I'm thinking of like the albums that like the few albums for me that are like my top and so some of the other ones I feel like, that's what you that's what you.
Speaker 10: Was the other ones because you had me nervous when you saw much your list.
Speaker 4: Uh so I talked about it yesterday. Nipsey Victory Live great one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gonna be with them on the wheel.
Speaker 5: Promise you Nipsey on the wheel, Honorable oliged Muhammad, All on the wheel right now.
Speaker 3: Guarantee with the Aliens, just trust me, all right, trust them.
Speaker 2: I've visited by them.
Speaker 20: Them all the time the Aliens were aliens.
Speaker 2: It was going on, not like I used.
Speaker 1: That's how I know.
Speaker 2: How I know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, aliens All Chris, we're talking about the Aliens come down?
Speaker 3: What record would you give them?
Speaker 11: Hey? All right, so good morning. First of all, breakfast being king. I want to say, I say, ready to die notorious.
Speaker 2: And what if they say we were thinking the same thing?
Speaker 14: I think.
Speaker 11: I'm just thinking of it. I also want to say, what we gotta war about us? What if they ask the Karen?
Speaker 2: What if they asked Karen about hip hop?
Speaker 11: We will be completely lost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, because soon as you passed that Higga is the album, they wipe it out in the lid.
Speaker 2: If it was hard to I'll be fronting on nig you'll be fronting on the.
Speaker 20: Karens aren't gonna pick Iiggy though, they'd probably pick like somebody super big, like a big drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I was thinking, like nig Patrick, going down, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Talk to us? The aliens come and say, give me one album?
Speaker 6: What are you?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 11: My one album would be Daisy to Black. I believe being body hip hop and.
Speaker 1: The two thousands he is hip hop this dude, I mean, it's not just mirror, the swag, all that everything they on one album.
Speaker 2: I would let the alien and it would be a It would be a black album.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the black Well, I mean, you go with any album with days, but I love the black album.
Speaker 2: Pers Okay, all right, thank you man.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one O five one.
Speaker 1: You know, we're celebrating fifty years of hip hop and we're asking if the aliens came to Earth and said, what is this thing hip hop? And you have to describe hip hop in one album, what would the album be?
Speaker 3: That is the question.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five sound like a robot.
Speaker 10: You don't sound like an alien. You just sound like a robot.
Speaker 2: So why you keep disrespecting them. They're gonna be amongst us soon.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're gonna have a lot of power.
Speaker 2: Then they can tell they're gonna definitely cancel you.
Speaker 20: You're gonna be about it here face on the if you see this guy wants it.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one five one is the breakfast slogan morning anybody, DJ NV.
Speaker 3: Charlamage the guys.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast club now if you're just joining us. Today is fifty years of hip hop. Alright, we're celebrating fifty year hipop. It's also my daughter's Brooklyn's birthday today too. When we're asking eight hundred five five one five one, if the aliens touched down in the earth on Earth and said, describe hip hop? What album would you give them to describe hip hop?
Speaker 5: Already told you I'm giving him Thug Motivation one on one by Young Jesus. I feel like that album is just a perfect welcome to Earth album.
Speaker 3: To mine is illmatic, nas Roxy.
Speaker 4: Mis educational, Lauren Hill, Nilo.
Speaker 10: Mine's Get Richard I trying.
Speaker 2: I like Get Richard. I trying too.
Speaker 5: Because of the intro when that quarter dropping that what up gangs to the aliens like oh, it's popping here, you know what I mean. And it's the same thing with that Gezy when that thug motivation intro dropo A.
Speaker 2: Like turn the lights on.
Speaker 5: You think aliens use drugs, they probably got something that so amazing. Oh my god, probably better than Iawa Washington.
Speaker 1: Hello's this?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 13: This is around Dave Man?
Speaker 11: I mean and I represented Openland, Ohio.
Speaker 1: Aliens come down.
Speaker 3: They want one album. How are you gonna describe hip hop on one album?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Easily?
Speaker 11: N w A show the best out straight out of contents. Also with hip hop, it's not about the hot one. It's about the branch. It's about the camp. It's about easy e with bone TuS, it's about with the Big three Doctor Dre, one of the greatest of all time, the branch, to show what hip hop can do and you they can movies and sports and stuff like that. So the n w A is the perfect album.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Hello, Who's this?
Speaker 11: Oh neat?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 14: Hell, If I had to choose my album, it'll eisither Be.
Speaker 2: Snoop Dogs, Doggy Stynd or kench Lamar's good kid Man. Those are good ones, either one of those.
Speaker 5: But we also have to remember one thing, right, Either the aliens don't know anything about us, or they know everything about us. And we know the music that influence We know how music influences people. So some of these records that we're going to be introduced to, introducing them to influenced us.
Speaker 2: Wrong, do you really want the aliens?
Speaker 1: But see, I don't know why. When I think of aliens, I kind of think of robots, like I can see an alien do it hip hop?
Speaker 13: You know you don't?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know I'm doing that.
Speaker 2: All of this is gonna change in a few years when they amongst us, they remember and all of this. You can be the first president of your canceled by aliens.
Speaker 4: They're gonna come looking for you first.
Speaker 2: First one.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey, Mama, So we're talking about aliens? Touchdown? What's song with album?
Speaker 1: You're giving the mama?
Speaker 2: I will give them any one on the Corn album?
Speaker 6: You can't?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So Wayne, he might be one of them.
Speaker 10: He's trying to tell us that.
Speaker 2: He's even saying here, Marshall for a long time might be one of them already already with the mob. That's right with the mob?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 14: Mark?
Speaker 1: Mark from seven five to seven. Now aliens touched down in the seven five seven. They want to hear what what hip hop is without me giving them.
Speaker 11: You gotta give it to them, just like they know you gotta give him now at Aliens.
Speaker 2: That's one that's a good one. That's a good one that maybe like Andre one of us and been with us for a long time.
Speaker 3: Shoot more caller, Hello, who's this right? Elives?
Speaker 1: What's up? The Aliens touched down where you from Brooklyn?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I mean there's a lot of Aliens in Brooklyn right now, I think, But anyway, Aliens touchdown in Brooklyn, right they say, all right, give me one song, one album that describes hip hop? Which one you doing?
Speaker 11: J Cole for until draw talk about social issues?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 11: The Jenis song for the first Time.
Speaker 18: Love You.
Speaker 11: Everything.
Speaker 1: That loves that because she's been so influenced by J Cole, So she loves that. Even though you didn't pick that album, I.
Speaker 10: Love that album. Well yeah, because other albums have impaed on I got to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, thank you brother.
Speaker 2: Why you ain't saying that? Why somebody else had to watch somebody from Brooklyn had to say far as he'll drive now as much as you've been impacted by that album. Man, Wow, look you're letting J Cole down the way he letting down you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Wow, God, that's so mean that the truth you.
Speaker 2: Be letting j co Wow, you said get rid of died trying because J Cole said it was better than Thriller.
Speaker 1: This week this is.
Speaker 20: Actually actually if you guys would listen to my podcast that's all the Black Fact Network, the What hip Hop pod featuring Me and Mouse Jones, produced by Karen and A King. We had a conversation about this already and I picked get Richard I try it, and then for a song, I picked com and I used to love her, so I had already knew my answer.
Speaker 3: You love so much that she don't never pick them.
Speaker 2: She loves J Cole so much that she don't never pick them for nothing.
Speaker 3: What's the morrow of the story, guys, The mold the.
Speaker 2: Story is win.
Speaker 5: I cannot wait till they get here. The aliens are on their way. They're in Peru right now, ripping people's faces off.
Speaker 14: You know that.
Speaker 2: I just read about it this morning. There's a whole.
Speaker 5: Village in Peru that is saying these seven foot green aliens are peeling off people's face.
Speaker 3: Yes, did they talk like this?
Speaker 2: He keep playing, boy, keep playing?
Speaker 10: Is it a real article from a valid source.
Speaker 4: It is a real article, it really is.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was joking, now, joking, joke, all right, when we come back, he got past the aucs. That's when our niece DJ Nihlis Simone, she puts us onto music that we be up on. I will do that. Next, it's the Breakfast Club, the Morning Boring Everybody. It's j n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now we got our special guest co host Roxy Romeo with us. And now it's time for past the US. It's time for a fast DJs.
Speaker 10: What's up, guys.
Speaker 20: Happy birthday, it's our birthday, birthday, correct.
Speaker 3: Part of it?
Speaker 20: Okay, But for today, I'm gonna start with Cg's new joint called a Moment with Gotti.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's dope.
Speaker 10: That's a fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 20: Next, I'm gonna go with Holly's new record. I think this is her first single she's actually dropped.
Speaker 10: It's called Angels.
Speaker 1: Myn't how it alleged cousin.
Speaker 10: Yes, but the record is super dope.
Speaker 20: I love like the message behind it because I feel like black women just don't really get records like this that are that uplifting. And also sonically, it's not I wouldn't say like traditional something we would play. Okay, that sounds like something that should be on a sound track, very theatrical.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's something that you just release and tell people to listen to and that should come on at the end of a movie or something.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I've been bumping it on a stage regular.
Speaker 3: And we're praying for help age.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 20: I can see cinematically why it would be good.
Speaker 10: But just because she got range don't mean she can't be played in the regular days.
Speaker 20: I think we're just used to people who aren't so talented, who can't do things like this.
Speaker 10: So when we get it, it's like.
Speaker 20: I'm just saying she's mad talented.
Speaker 10: She has a good range.
Speaker 20: So it's like this sounds like it gotta be like, no, it's just a good record, let's just play it in rotation.
Speaker 10: I'm not mad at that, Okay, cool last record is in.
Speaker 3: This show Cousin That is legend.
Speaker 2: Props to say that the record feels big, like it should be a part.
Speaker 5: Of a movie, be on the soundtrack fair enough, Like that Rihanna record that comes on to the end of blackmanther too.
Speaker 1: Yes, you only want to hear that at the end of Black. But we were playing on on on the radio, which makes no sense. What do you want? Which one?
Speaker 10: I do feel like? Yeah, I don't know why that record was in rotation.
Speaker 20: But nonetheless, lastly, I'm gonna go with Childish Major. He has a new joint called First Lady and Childish Major is a well known producer, but he's getting more into, you know.
Speaker 10: His artistry.
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 2: I hear, I hear that. Did he sample Bobby Valentino?
Speaker 10: It does sound like it does sound like slow down.
Speaker 2: That's hard.
Speaker 10: Don't get hi jammed up. I don't know if that was the thing.
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 2: That sounds very fresh, sounds very refreshing.
Speaker 4: He sounds really young to me. Oh no, he's like my age. Okay, she finally.
Speaker 20: Turn turn what nothing, I'm almost thirty, Okay, she's twenty eight.
Speaker 10: I'm almost thirty. Really God, why are you putting my whole information like that?
Speaker 2: You're not almost thirty almost thirty?
Speaker 4: Almost round up?
Speaker 10: Twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: No, no, enjoy the last two years.
Speaker 20: Nonetheless, Joy last nonetheless. If you guys rock with the singles, make sure you guys follow the past the OCS playlist and follow me on Instagram at nilsim n y l A s y M O n E E E. Now, last week I came and said that pasted like this is happening on August twenty fifth, and it's actually getting pushed back because I'm getting more artists and I'm also changing the venue. Is a vibe no, because I'm waiting on hang on the I have three days in mind, but I'm waiting for the artists to confirm. So actually, if you're listening to this, can you text me back so I can buck in the arts?
Speaker 5: The artists that are you waiting to confirm Friday and Friday and who they Friday and day Friday and they gotta put pressure on y'all. You're confirmed, that's right, so we can lock the date. Okay, okay, Now I can't commit until y'all commit.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right? All right, Well, thank you Nyla.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, all right.
Speaker 10: And happy birthday, Happy birthday to us.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, when we come back. We got the People's choice mix. You know, we're throwing it back. It's a Friday, It's hip Hop, hip Hop fifty, It's Breakfast lu Goo Morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality? Someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, Then live large and now thinner with new Magnum Raw Condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold Owning Everybody's DJ.
Speaker 3: Env Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Roxy Romeo is our special guest host, And thank you for hanging out the last two days. Did you enjoy yourself?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I know it's a lot of craziness up here.
Speaker 16: I mean it's pretty similar Philly, but yeah, well maybe a little crazier.
Speaker 3: I bet you're gonna have husbands in Philly. Oh, husbands were husbands?
Speaker 5: Rock Don't Pay Him Not The Riseing Grind Morning Show. How did they feel about not having you the last.
Speaker 2: Couple of days?
Speaker 4: They missed me.
Speaker 16: They missed me, but you know they they're happy that I got the opportunity and they were excited for me.
Speaker 2: You gotta shot them out, Yeah, send them a.
Speaker 16: Law to a Mikey dread geninitely got a shout out to mother Nos.
Speaker 2: Mother Nos. What's happening?
Speaker 3: That's right, all right? When we come back. We got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning, owning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Just again.
Speaker 1: Want to say happy birthday to hip hop. Hip hop fifty means a lot. We wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for hip hop. A lot of us wouldn't have the jobs that we have and been able to do the things that we enjoyed because of this thing that we call hip hop. So I just want to salute to the founder's Cool Hirk and some of the people. Let's taking it to other levels, whether it's Grand Master Flash, whether it was a Funky four plus one, whether it's Herbie Hancock, whether it's Deaf jim Rick Rubin, Russell Simmons, Run dmc ll Cool, J Salt and Pepper, Uh of course Curtis Blow, the Fat Boys, Uh, so many people, Jazzy, Jeffery Fresh, Prince Jay Z of course, nah's fifty.
Speaker 2: I know you ain't about to try to shout out all that he like you bound to miss somebody, right, Come on, man, listen. I do want to say to salute to everybody who found very unique and creative ways to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, because a lot of people got it very wrong. A lot of people did nothing at all, you know what I mean? And the people like the book a whole, the library, the book and public Library, they definitely got it right.
Speaker 2: Ll COOLJ. What they did with Rock the Bells, they got it right.
Speaker 10: Amazon Music definitely got it right.
Speaker 5: Yea, Quessions and that's showing Atlanta that they're doing. I can't remember the name of it right now. With everybody on there, it's like every atl artist past and present.
Speaker 10: My birth game.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the guys.
Speaker 5: On there, easy geezy. I can't remember what's the name of that show? I can't remember right now. But all of y'all got it right, So I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna tell you. But I don't know if that's this When you're trying to write about one fest, is it one?
Speaker 2: I think it is one fast one Fest. I think it is one fest.
Speaker 5: But Saluta, everybody who you know just just got it right in regard to just celebrating hip hop. And I think we should do this every year. I think, being that we know hip Hop's birthday is August eleventh, we should just celebrate Afour's birthday every year. Wouldn't that be dope?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we do celebrate it every year. It is gonna be this big.
Speaker 5: I've never heard hip hop's birthday. No, we don't celebrate it, not like you wait telling fifty to throw me a birthday party. You just missed my sixteen twenty first, all that, but you love me.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well leave us on a positive note.
Speaker 2: Oh first, I want to tell everybody.
Speaker 5: Remind everybody to tomorrow Monks Corner, South Carolina my back to school book back drive and fish Fry. We give away free food, free backpacks and school supplies and free headcuts.
Speaker 2: Make sure your kids heads are clean.
Speaker 5: Your kids heads are clean, Okay, Tomorrow from twelve pm to three pm, all right, at the Berkeley High School student parking lot and Monks Corner, South Carolina. We're gonna have local vendors on site and all that, so we'll see y'all tomorrow in Monk's Corner, South Carolina. Now the positive notice simply, this patience is not simply the ability to wait. It's how we behave while we're waiting.
Speaker 2: Remember that breakfast club bitches, we don't finish for y'all done,