Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody. It's the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Fantasy Football Podcast. I'm your host, Scott Bogman. Follow me on the Twitter at Bogman Sports. I'm joined as always by the illustrious Pat Fitzmorris. Follow him on the Twitter at fits Underscore. Ff. You're heading out after we do this show, right or I guess tomorrow morning. So we're recording a little bit earlier than usually. You might get a little loosey goosey Bogmin and fits here. That'll be fun, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sir Boggs going to kend Ohio for the Fantasy Football Expo, which is fun. It's it's Fantasy Twitter come to life. You know, there are a lot of great people there, a lot of great people from the Dynasty community, a lot of our recurring guests. You know, I'm going to get to see you know, Shane Manila, of course, you know Russ Fisher who we just had on a lot of great people there, So I'm excited about it. Box and we're coming up on our first full week of preseason football, so we're going to get some interesting developments too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, We're gonna get all kinds of stuff. There's gonna be injuries, as there always is. Hopefully we don't have the lights going off on any stadium like they do at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I mean, come on, man, like just move that game or scrap it or spend the money to fix that stadium, because it's always something. Remember they had to just not play the game a couple of years ago because the surface was horrible, and then the lights went out this time. So I don't know, like you don't want to play that game or not figure it out like that is just so strange.
Speaker 2: But the weir I'm gonna be drafting in that stadium on Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully everything works for you.
Speaker 2: You know, fingers lights, I need lights on to help me.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, yeah, it shouldn't It shouldn't be that bad. But I'm excited for you. Man, that's gonna be fun. I wish I could go, just can't make it, uh at this point in the year. But uh, I know I'll be there someday soon and it's gonna be a lot of fun when I go. And you guys are gonna have a ball to day on the show. We're gonna be talking about by Lows for your Dynasty leagues. And now do you have a definition for a bylow guy? Does it have to be because I mean, I think some rookies are by low this year. I think rookies are by loo pretty much every year, which is why people like to invest in them at the back end of the draft, right just in case one blows up of a irregular redraft. But in Dynasty, even where these guys are probably pushed up, some of them are maybe pushed up a little bit too much, right, just because they're young and they have their whole career in front of them. But is that is there a specific player that's a bilo to you or can it be any type of player as long as they're below what you think is going to be their future value.
Speaker 2: For a lot of these guys that I'm going to list today, bogs, their value is at rock bottom, right rock bottom, there is nowhere to go. But some of them, a couple maybe not at rock bottom. I would say three of the these guys are at rock bottom for sure. And you're right though a dynasty, a rookie can be a bilo in Dynasty bugs because some you know, for those of us who do our drafts early, like right after the NFL Draft. Some of these guys do lose value after the draft, Like everyone was really excited about Kendra Miller, right, and since then there have been some injury questions. There have been some questions about whether the Saints might add someone else to the mix. There's the reduction of the Alvin Kamara suspense or a lighter suspension than we anticipated for Alvin Kamara. So I would say Kendra Miller is maybe not held in as high as esteem now as he was back in you know, early.
Speaker 1: May, right, and you know, injured players and can be in there as well. You know, a guy like Hendon Hooker, I mean the Lions. He's a rookie and the Lions just went out and signed Teddy Bridgewater because it doesn't look like Hooker is going to be read, you know, and really even if he is ready, they don't know what they have because they can't watch him playing now because he's not playing, So people are not even thinking about Hendon Hooker. He's the guy that I almost put on this list, you know, like you mentioned a couple of rookies with Shawn Johnson, Chase Brown, because who knows mixing sticking around next year, right, Luke Musgrave has been getting a lot of buzz, like, there's some rookies here that could be at their lowest value right now in this draft because they're gonna have significant roles. And I'll tell you what I did. Fits was I've been doing a lot of the same names, so I try to go all original names. I don't know that I've mentioned these guys on many other podcasts, specifically this one, but yeah, I tried to go original names here, so it was tougher than normal. I worked on this probably a little bit longer than I should have.
Speaker 2: That's good because I'm talking about a lot of that. I'm playing the hits.
Speaker 1: I'm playing the hits box next week. That's what I did last week. I played the hits. I was like, Hey, I want to hit these guys over the head with these I think these are the guys that you can get lady in your draft, So try to come up with some original names. But maybe some of them aren't that original. But before we dive into we each have five by the way, so it's gonna be ten names here. But I got to tell you guys about the Fantasy Pro Championship at FFPC is here to test your skills, battle for your share of the six million dollar prize pool, including the massive one million dollar grand prize, and score free subscriptions to both Fantasy Pros and Betting Pros. Register now at fantasypros dot Com Slash Championship and use the promo code Fantasy Pros all Caps for twenty five dollars off your entry Outplay your competitors in a twelve team league throughout a twelve week regular season with weekly waivers, lineup choices, and no trades. Rank among the top two, or win your league's playoffs to move into the championship round and compete for the grand prize during weeks fifteen through seventeen. Again, that's Fantasypros dot Com Slash Champion today. Use a promo code fantacy Pros for a twenty five dollars discount. Now go out there and dominate. That is going to be a lot of fun. But with no further ado here, FITZI, let's get into some of these by low players. I will let you start first because you've got a quarterback here, and so give me your quarterback, and I think you only have one running back, and then we'll go to my running back. So we'll kind of try to keep it a little positional here. And your RB is ranked higher than mine anyway, So let's hear your first QB here, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, I said, I was going to play the hits bogs, and it's almost obligated contractually for me to bring up Trey Lance. And look, it is hard to trade for a quarterback in super Flex. Generally, if you want to upgrade yourself at the position, you have to do it in your rookie drafts. But I think Trey Lance presents a chance for you to get a high upside quarterback for a very modest cost. And might be understating at Boggs, I said, like for a lot of these guys, the're values at rock bottom. Trey Lance's values at rock bottom. Like we just mentioned Kendra Miller, I think you might be able to trade Kendray Miller straight up for Trey Lance. And you know, certainly you could do it for I don't know, Christian Kirk. I think if you offer the Trey Lance investor Christian Kirk for him straight up, he would be happy to cash out he or she, And you know, like I think the value is even lower on Lance than it was a month ago, now that brock Perty is known to be healthy and the overwhelming favorite to be the weak one starter for the forty nine ers. But look, Bogs. Lance was the third overall pick in the twenty twenty one draft, and I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything because we have seen quarterbacks who were drafted early not pan out, certainly Zach Wilson, who was picked one spot ahead of Trey Lance.
Speaker 1: But they all get second, third, fourth chances.
Speaker 2: Chances, right, JaMarcus Russell, Tim Couch, David Carr, going back through the years, that's Tembo, Tim Tebow. And that's the thing that makes Lance different from those guest Bogs. Those guys all had chances and failed. Lance has not really gotten his chance yet. And here's another mitigating circumstance with Lance Boggs. He was always going to be something of a project. We knew that going in. He played basically one full college season, and he played at North Dakota State against inferior competition. So he made two starts last season, one of which was in a rainstorm in Chicago, and then he broke his ankle in the other and he has not really had sufficient opportunity to show off that NFL caliber arm or the rushing ability that could make him such a valuable fantasy asset. And we know he's going to run like this dude can run. Look, I know brock Perdy played well last season, but he also feasted on a very easy slate of opponents over the second half of the regular season. When he faced the Cowboys in the playoffs, they basically shut him down. So whether Lance gets his opportunity with the forty nine ers this year or with some other team next year, that opportunity is going to come eventually. I think he's the ultimate Bilo in dynasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love this pick, and this is an outstanding pick. And what we said before, you know, like second, third, fourth opportunity. Sam Darnold still on an NFL roster, right, he was bad with the Jets, he was bad with Carolina, but you know San Francisco they think they can fix him, so you know they went after him day one. He's in. He might be the second guy behind party, so Trey Lance might slip to that third. And trust me, when that depth chart comes out, I bet you it's gonna have Trey Lance at third, and that is when he will hit absolute rock bottom, you know, and so it might even get worse from what we're talking about today, and you know, get into the season a little bit, and especially if you're in a super flex league, if he's not playing, he's eating up a roster spot. People are gonna want to go and see if they can ditch him and just get somebody else, because you know, maybe the Niners are a little more beholden to him because of the capital they spent to get him. But your fantasy player is in your league, they don't care, So go get him. Go scoop him up for a late pick, or you know a player that's on your bench that maybe you don't even need, you know. I think this is a great one to point out. I think Trey Lance is absolutely bilo right now, and I think you should at least try to see what it would cost to go get him. So good, first one out of the gates here, FITZI.
Speaker 2: Who's number two, Antonio Gibson, And maybe the value is starting to creep up a little, Bogs and maybe it reached it's in a deer last year, Gibson just turned twenty five, and like I've gone on about how he is as big and as fast as Jonathan Taylor and is a former college receiver, so he has that pass catching skill set, and like, this is a dude who scored double digit touchdowns in his first two years in the league. But last year he had the fewest number of touches since he's been in the league because he clearly fell out of favor with then Washington offensive coordinator Scott Turner. So you know, it was kind of a last year. And granted, Gibson may have gotten himself in the doghouse with his six fumbles in twenty twenty one, so maybe they just lost confidence. But now he's got a clean slate with Eric the Enemy, the Commander's new offensive coordinator, and I'm hoping that the Enemy sees Gibson as like a Jeric McKinnon plus a guy who can play as the primary passing down back and he definitely has that skill set, but also maybe be a goal line guy, maybe share a lot of that early down work with Brian Robinson. And you know, look, Brian Robinson, We've talked about this Boggs. I mean, I think he's a perfectly serviceable early down grinder, but he's not special. Gibson is potentially special with that size speed combination in the pass catching skill set. So if the enemy is more enchanted with that skill set than Scott Turner was Boggs, I think there could be a bonanza coming for Gibson in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Currently his dynasty ECR for Gibson is thirty seven. So I just want to I'm gonna list off some running backs. You tell me, if you take any of these guys over Gibson, we'll go to the top of the tier here. Would you take Brian Robinson obviously not nope, Khalil Herbert, no, AJ Dillon, definitely not, Andre Miller, no, Alvin Kamara, no Alexander Madison. That's maybe right now that that might be okay.
Speaker 2: Short window for sure, so that's a little more interesting.
Speaker 1: We round out with like Pa Checko, h Chain, James Cook, Montgomery, Dalvin Cook, Zach Sharboney, maybe Sharbone over there. I know you're a Devin a Chain guy, so maybe him, uh, James Cook or Isaiah.
Speaker 2: Pachecko, maybe James Cook.
Speaker 1: I would say Pa Checko, maybe not Cook, so but but yeah, I mean, look he's right in this range, and that range would bring him all the way up to like twenty five, so like you know, right around your first RB three instead of one of your last RB threes. So uh yeah, I think he is absolutely undervalued. And like you said by Bilo on a guy who is fumbled and people like Brian Robinson and we haven't seen it yet, but every day in camp, I feel like we're getting more and more and more buzz about Antonio Gibson. So another good one here, anything more to add on Gibson?
Speaker 2: No, that's it. Let's hear your first cut, Bogs.
Speaker 1: All right, my first guy here, I'm gonna go with We'll start at the running backs. I'll go with Zamir White, and look, he's working with the first team offense, and Josh mccaniels has been impressed by his leap from his rookie season into his second season. I think if Jacobs does sign, which he's not there right now, he's not even in camp, which is very concerning. So you know, I still have in my brain, even though I saw Klaveon Bell crash and burn by holding out and everything, I still have in my head that all these running backs are going to get back into the game and not have an issue moving forward, because that's what happens most of the time. I think the last time I brought this up, someone subtweeted us and said, well, Emmett Smith in the nineties, but come on, man, like, that's not recent. You know, let's use more current examples. And Bell ruined it. You know, he ruined his career and the Steelers run game for a couple of years by holding out. So you know, maybe Josh Shacobs does that. I expect him to sign a deal, but I think if he does, I think that it's going to be a deal like Saquan And even if he doesn't, even let's say he signs a long term extension, he cannot keep putting up three hundred and ninety three touches. That is not sustainable by any stretch of the imagination. So Samir White is going to have a role, and he has time right now in camp in preseason to prove himself to be put into a bigger role. And right now, his dynasty ECR is sixty six, so he's a mid tier RB six on your team. His ADP is even further down the board in PPR leagues right now just looking at a draft wizard, so this guy is buried. So even if you're in a deeper dynasty league, I think this is a dude that right now, specifically, if you are rostering Josh Jacobs, you want to go get him. You want a handcuff, and it shouldn't cost you more than a late rookie pick or a wide receiver with a little bit more juice, you know, like if I came to you and I offered you juju four yours, Demir White, I think you probably pulled a trigger on that pretty quick. So with Jacob's kind of floundering here, we know that the Raiders don't have a lot of money to spend, so maybe they don't go after running back, and going after running back is not really in vogue right now. They could draft somebody next year, but I think this dude's going to get an opportunity to play more this year with a further look down the road as well. So maybe a later season acquisition for you, also depending on what type of deal Josh Jacobs signs, But right now he's pretty close to as low as he's going to get in my opinion, because I think this is a pretty good back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zamir White is really interesting, Bogs. And I'll get my two reservations about him out of the way. First. The big one is that he's not really a pass catcher, so that's going to be maybe limit his ceiling somewhat in Dynasty unless he is a real heavy duty runner, like gets a lot of carries, and potentially he could do that if he proves himself. The other is that he has this you know, he's already had one knee surgery and he has got this hard charging style, like he does not shy away from content, very Isaiah Pacheka like with his running style. Maybe not quite that reckless, but you know, he's a guy who's going to take some punishment if he runs the ball a lot. So those are my two worries that you know, he doesn't catch passes and there might be a higher injury risk then you would associate with a typical back perhaps. But he's really interesting as a runner though, Bogs. I mean, he was really impressive in college, like just a downhill style. You can almost see a little bit of Nick Chubb in Georgia.
Speaker 1: That's acting, but yes, I mean that's how they that's how they train their guys, and that's what he looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah too, He's to make that comp but like you can almost squint and see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean I love watching him at Georgia. He's a big part of that run game there, so of the national title guys. So I am excited about him in his future. Another guy that is free right now, and he's third on the depth chart. But Zach Evans, running back for the Rams here third on the depth chart. Like I said, but the Rams traded up for Evans and he has a much more complete game in my opinion than Kyron Williams, and akers is a UFA after this season. So and you know, look, the Rams have nine spots on defense that they need to replace before they even bother looking at a running back. Let's say a couple of those spots play well, right, Let's say three of them play well, they still have six spots to replace on defense before they are even thinking about going after a running back. So, with Zach Evans having a you know, more complete skill set in my opinion than Kyron Williams, acres potentially being gone, you know, he's free right now. He's RB seventy four, two hundred and fortieth overall a draft wizard for PPR leagues, and his ECR is much higher than that at fifty six. So his ECR is fifty six, he's going off at RB seventy four. And look, most of your leagues aren't going to take into account the difference between you know, a dynasty league and a regular PPR league. They're just going by ADP when you're clicking on it, or just you know, regular this season rankings when you're on that website. So if you're doing a first year player draft, or if you've already done your draft and maybe this guy is sitting out on the wire, maybe you have a spot on your roster you can just grab and stash, you know, if you have a deeper league. I think Zach Evans could potentially be interesting after this season, maybe even in this season. Although Kyen Williams is making a lot of noise in camp right now, is the better back. I'll say that, you know, there's always a chance they re signed acres, but I don't think Zach Evans is that much further behind these guys, maybe just because he's a rookie right now, and I definitely think he'll move past Kyron Williams by the end of the season. So Zach Evans is the dude that I'm very interested in acquiring right now for very cheap or just straight up picking up off the wire because he's available in a lot of leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he is available in some bugs. But like back in rookie draft season in May, it seemed like there was maybe even a little more interest in him than there would typically be for a running back who has chosen in like the back half of the second round of the sixth round. He's an interesting case for sure. Like I don't think he is a flawless prospect by any means, obviously being a sixth rounder, but like a guy who was usurped by freshman Quinn Schawn Judkins at ole Miss last year basically so.
Speaker 1: And he moved from TCU to go to Ole Miss to get more playing time and then Quishn Jenkins was one of the best running backs in the country as a freshman last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's really no shame I think in losing your job to Judkins, who is potentially going to be, you know, maybe even a first round NFL pick at some point. But yeah, Evans, he isn't interesting. I totally agree that he's better than Kyron Williams, and I think he's going to be at least for early down usage. Kyron has that third down skill set, but as far as early down guy like, he's clearly going to be the backup to cam Akers, I believe, especially with the Sony Michelle retirement, unless they bring someone else in and where the Rams going to get the money for that? You know they've gone all in so and we have seen Bogs cam Akers fall out of favor once before. Now possibly things got settled, but there was a brief time in twenty twenty two where cam Akers was estranged from the team, right, that was a very weird deal. And then he comes back and gets used as a workhorse down the stretch, so kind of a weird thing. We don't know the Rams level of commitment to Acres just now, but yeah, Evans is like a sneaky handcuff and maybe there is you know, like he could slide through that crack, that crevice of opportunity at some point in twenty three and suddenly become a very valuable fantasy asset.
Speaker 1: And I think you know this is the year kind of like you mentioned, they're up against the cap, they've had issues. They're kind of burning this year. That's why they traded Ramsey. They traded everybody but Aaron Donald, Matt Stafford, and Cooper cup right, Like those are the guys that they have. Then they're going to have to rely on them. So I think they're not going out spending money, you know. I think they're just kind of burning this year, and this is a year to kind of figure it out. This is the year to see who is going to be on this roster long term. So I think a lot of these guys on this ross as a whole are going to get a shot, not just the running backs, but I do think Zach Evans can benefit from that. Before we move on, want an idea of how cheap your favorite Bilow target trade targets are. Stop guessing and get insident analysis with our trade analyzer at fantasypros dot com Slash Analyzer. Whether it's a two for one, three for two, or an even trade, the trade Analyzer has got your back. It's also perfect for dynasty leagues and supports trades with draft picks. Trade Analyzer lets you see how your League power ranking shift before and after the trade. Navigate your negotiations with confidence, and head over to Fantasypros dot com slash Analyzer to start evaluating your trade offers now. Also, if you love this show, you want to interact with Pat and I directly, We will be answering your questions each week for premium subscribers on Fantasy Pros at five pm Eastern over on our discord at fantasypros dot com slash Dynasty Chat. Obviously, Pat will not be there with me this week because he will be living it out. I've been canton, but it's okay. Pat. I'll go ahead and hold down the fort by myself this week. You're gonna have some time off, that's fine, but all right. We are ready to move on to some wide receivers here. So, FITZI, who is your first wide receiver you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: It's Elijah Moore and I think this is the cheapest we are going to see Elijah Moore for the foreseeable future. But the breakout is coming. Boggs and as a rookie in twenty twenty one, More had a six game stretch from Week eight to Week thirteen where he had thirty four catches for four hundred and fifty nine yards and five touchdowns. Over those six weeks, he was the wide receiver four in PPR Fantasy scoring, behind only Justin Jefferson, Keenan, Allen, Cooper, Cupp.
Speaker 1: So the quarterback pretty good about to be in pretty.
Speaker 2: Good spot, to be in good company and the quarterbacks who were throwing him the ball while he was going nuclear during that span Zach Wilson, Mike White, Joe Flacco, and Josh Johnson. So basically during those six weeks, Jets' quarterbacks were basically doing two things, throwing the ball to Elijah Moore and getting hurt. That's about all that was going on with Jets quarterbacks. Moore's a good route runner, good hands, very productive in his final two seasons at Old Miss, after AJ Brown and DK Metcalf had left. He averaged almost one hundred and fifty receiving yards per game in his junior year, which was his final chat. Yeah, and then he had that super productive stretch with the Jets and his rookie year, but twenty twenty two act of their Yeah, and like he wasn't getting the ball from Zach Wilson and he didn't handle it well, Bogs Like, not at all. He basically sulked his way out of New York and forced to trade to the Browns. So the good news is that it does seem like the Browns are intent on using him and getting the ball into his hands. Like I saw a training camp highlight today where he was lined up in the backfield and they threw him a little swing pat So to do that, Man, get this ball guy the ball and let him do his thing. So I'm really excited about the future for Elijah Moore, and I think it's a good time to get in on him if you don't have him on your roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, his ECR right now for dynasty leagues is wide receiver forty three. His ADP on the Draft Wizard is wide receiver forty eight. So your last wide receiver four in a twelve man league, So your first wide receiver off the bench or potentially a flex player is where he stands right now, hovering. I think right around pick one hundred ish, somewhere in that neighborhood. So you know, I have I have positives about Elijah Moore because I think he is super talented and I love the fact that he gets out of that mess in New York, right, and he is in Cleveland, and like you said, they're designing plays for him. There's been a notable you know, reports about the between himself and Watson this offseason. How good he's looked in camp. He's torching all the corners and torturing them. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: My little concern for him is I still don't trust Watson because of all the russ that he had last year. And this is a run first and run second offense that they have in Cleveland. The line is built for it. Nick Chubb is there and he's optioned one and two, so and in Djoko kind of came around last year, so he's going to demand some targets too. Amari Cooper is probably you know, on his way out as far as his NFL career stand. He's still going to have a couple of great years, but mother nature is gonna get him pretty soon. So is More gonna be the guy to stand up and take that spot or is he gonna have an attitude problem when they start running the ball and he doesn't get ten targets every single game and have a little fit again. So to me, it's more about the offense and his attitude and maybe this same stuff happening here in Cleveland that it happened in New York. I hope I'm wrong about that, because this dude has so much talent. And I mean, as much as I don't want to see him have success on the Browns because I'm a Steelers fan, I do think he can and I think he will. So I'm behind this one as well. My first wide receiver here, I'll throw out you. I'm gonna go with Courtland Sutton. And Sutton is getting big praise heaped on him right now, fits by new head coach Sean Payton. They had him study Michael Thomas's film from twenty nineteen, and I just want to give you his numbers. Michael Thomas's twenty nineteen numbers one hundred and eighty five targets, one hundred and forty nine catches, seventeen to twenty five for the yards, and nine scores. It's ridiculous to expect that. But how about you know a couple more targets for Sutton? How about one hundred and fifty targets? Right? He had one hundred and twenty five last year on an offense that was miserable, But the lowest PPR point per game total for a player with one hundred and fifty targets since twenty nineteen was wide receiver twenty seven. When DJ Moore in twenty twenty one, he only scored four touchdowns. But every other player with one hundred and fifty targets or more has finished in a PPR league as low as wide receiver thirteen, So almost a wide receiver won for everybody that got that amount of targets. Now is he gonna get that? I don't know. You know, they got a pretty good run game with Javonte and samashe p Ryan, but we know Sean Payton is here and by the way, Sutton, You know, Sutton has been pretty solid with the likes of Keenum Flacco, Drew Locke, and Bridgewater and then the corpse of Russell Wilson last year. He hasn't had one quarterback throw the most passes for this team two years in a row in his entire career. This is gonna be the first year where Russell Wilson threw the most passes last year, and he'll throw the most this year, of course, unless he gets hurt, So I think that could be big for him building a rapport. I think Sutton is prime to be one of the biggest risers from the Peyton higher. His ECR right now is wide receiver forty eight. His ADP is wide receiver forty two in PPR leagues, And I think this is a guy that you can go get right now and he can at least bring you high end wide receiver three numbers and not be a low end wide receiver four. Where do you stand on Courtland Sutton, Fitzie?
Speaker 2: You know it's funny, Bog's like people have been so off on this Bronco like people seem ready to throw shove all their chips into the middle with one guy or the other. And last year it was Sutton who everyone was betting on. And I was actually one of the not doing this to brag or blow my own horn, but I mean I kind of wondered last year, like, are we really sure Sutton is the best receiver in Denver? And I had this debate with Andrew Erickson and as a result, he owes me a pizza for this which is gonna have pineapple on it. By the way, because we also debated the merits of pineapple on pizza, which I think is fabulous. But the funny thing is and the bat Bogs was a straight up beat Courtland Sutton versus DK Metcalf or fantasy points last year, So yeah, I dusted him in that one. But who's to say that Courtland Sutton couldn't be the discount DK metcalf for Russell Wilson this year. And who's to say that now Jerry Judy is so much better than Courtland Sutton, which everyone seems to believe this year. And again I'm thinking, like, eh, is he really well?
Speaker 1: They made it work with Jarvis Landry. Jarvis Landry was outstanding for New Orleans with Michael Thomas, right, so good point. You know they made it both work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like, I just don't think just as people perceived a big gap between Sutton and Judy last year, favoring Sutton, now everyone's perceiving this big gap and favoring Judy, and like, I think the gap is narrower between these two than is commonly perceived. So yeah, I'm kind of high on and sudden if the price is low, like I think it's a logical buying opportunity for a guy that everyone was pretty high on last year.
Speaker 1: I think I was mixing up Jarvis Landry with somebody else because he was good with Cleveland, not with New Orleans and New Orleans. He was only with New Orleans last year. But you get my point. I mean, look, Michael tom like they're they're telling him to watch the Michael Thomas film right like that. That's the whole thing. Michael Thomas had one hundred and eighty five targets that year. That's the thing that intrigues me. It's the amount of targets. Do I think that he is Michael Thomas in his prime? No, I don't, But I do think that if he's the number one here, he get a ton of targets and absolutely make it work. Now, I just want to see who was second in receptions on that Saints team, since it wasn't so it was, well, it was Alvin Kamara, and they had Jared Cook and then they had a mix of like Ted Ginn and Trey Kwan and Taysom Hill had a bunch of targets. It was kind of a mess. After Michael Thomas, so one hundred and eighty five targets is not really realistic for anybody, but being a number one in this offense is very advantageous for whoever it is. So let me just tell you, guys, are you tired of those stale, old school fantasy football platforms. If so, it's time to upgrade your game with League tycoon dot com. If you play in a contract dynasty league, or have ever thought about joining a contract league, then you'll want to check out League Tycoon. Leaked Tycoon has perfected the platform for fantasy football, salary cap and contract leagues. Leagues are super easy to set up and they offer a ton of configuration and management options. Contract leagues used to be a lot of work which required you to manage spreadsheets, but League Tycoon has everything built in and automated for your league, and unlike the dated fantasy sites, League Tycoon has a modern mobile app that makes managing your team easy. Go to League tycoon dot com to get more information the app, and if you use a promo code Dynasty Pros when creating a league, your first year will be absolutely free. Fr double e. If you are ready for a challenging, immersive experience that revolutionizes the way you play fantasy football, head over to League Tycoon dot Com. I read that first because I know we're going to go along here on this debate a little bit. Look, I set this all up here, Fitzie, so we can argue. So and I set this up. You gave me your names first, and I went, I gotta do one contrarian with FITZI. So let's hear your wide receiver that you want to argue for, and then I'll go into the other corner.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, bog Man, we might not have quite the vigorous argument you're expecting here on this one. Because I had conviction with my touting of Elijah Moore and Antonio Gibson and even Trey Lance. I'm nowhere near that level of conviction on Kadarius Tony. In fact, Boggs, I think I might need go into a twelve step program for Daryl's Tony because I've been, you know, hanking his horn all off season and I mean, yeah, I you know, do feel like I need to meet with the other Kidarius Tony Truthers in a church basement somewhere with like stale doughnuts and tepid coffee, because I just like, I can't quit this guy. And I need to quit this guy, Bogs. I mean the knee injury man. Like one of the first days of training camp and he hurts his knee. And this from a guy who has missed fifteen games in his first two seasons, has injured seemingly every body part imaginable, got COVID twice in one year. It's just like one thing after another with this guy, and it really does seem like he is the second coming of Percy Harvin, this extraordinarily talented athlete who just whose body couldn't cooperate with him to play NFL football for whatever reason. And what we have seen of him in some of the short bursts just insane athleticism, just like a coiled spring waiting to you know, snap off the line of scrimmage and he's drawn targets. I mentioned this Bogs at just this crazy high rate and the stat I've mentioned it on this show. Since he's come into the league, he has been targeted on seventeen point three percent of all his snaps. That includes running plays too, And just to compare that, like Justin Jefferson, the twenty twenty two target leader, was targeted on seventeen point one percent of his snaps last year, So Tony has beaten that rate, and yes, like a lot of it has kind of manufactured stuff close to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: When he's coming into the game, you know, as a rotational player, it's like, well, they're kind of maybe designing a play for him, right, so some you kind of know the ball is going to go towards him, or at least it has a high likelihood of going towards him when he comes in too, because he plays, he plays less snaps than Jefferson, so the percentage is higher. But when he's on the field, he's on the field to catch the ball or move the ball. So yeah, that's that's a great point. Right.
Speaker 2: He's never gonna be an eighty or ninety percent or ninety five percent snap guy like justin Jefferson. He's going to be a schemed guy. But boy, if you want him in a schemed offense, put him in the big, meaty hands of Andy Reid and let Andy Reid draw plays for this guy and let Patrick Mahomes get this dude the ball in open space. So man, I'm still just dreaming of what could be Bogs. And even though he's not gonna play in the preseason. He's probably gonna miss the rest of camp. They haven't ruled him out for a week one yet, so you know, it's hard to imagine that all of a sudden, like Kdarius Tony is showing up in Week one and making big plays.
Speaker 1: But it could happen.
Speaker 2: It could happen, and you know, I should probably go to that twelve step meeting.
Speaker 1: Now it could happen. So my thing here and the reason I wanted to pick somebody else, you know, kind of across from Kadarius Tony, was because I was like, man, I like Kadarius Tony a lot. Is he as injured as I think? So not only did I go and look at just the games he's missed, but I went back and I looked like I scrolled all the way down rode a wire and into like the weekly reports, and not only is he constantly hurt, but the games where he's not hurt a lot. And this is why I hate Mike Williams is he's questionable to play most of the games that he even actually played because of these other injuries, which is annoying as well. So I do think Kadarius Tony is a better talent than sky Moore, but I don't think he's going to be healthy at any point in his career. Miss seven games is a rookie. Here are the ailments outside of COVID. You mentioned he got COVID twice, hamstring, ankle, thumb, oblique, quad, shoulder, all of those in one year. Last season, he had knee surgery in the offseason, and then he had knee or in leg issues in camp, had a hamstring injury in between weeks one and two, and uh, missed a bunch of games, was traded to the Chiefs, and then he was magically healthy. Then guess what, hamstring flared up again and he missed some games eight in total last year. The difference in talent between more and Tony to me isn't enough. Uh, you know, isn't enough to make up for the fact that sky Moore will be on the field and Canario's Tony likely won't. I mean, the old scouting trope is availability is the best ability, right Being out on the field is a big part of it. And you know, let's not forget also fits that Canarius Tony and I think the Giants traded him because of his attitude that massive game that he had against Dallas. He got a jet did from that game, right, Like, dude seems to maybe have a bad attitude as well sometimes, so you know, you can't get stats if you're not playing. And then the dude has already had knee surgery this season before the season started, and now they're saying we expect him back week one. How you know I expect to lose seventy five pounds before week one fits. I'm just gonna talk it into existence, right, It's just gonna happen. So while I do think Kadarius Tony is a great wide receiver and he's so much fun to watch, and he commands targets like you said, and he fights for every inch of every blade of grass he is fighting for. That is why I love watching He is tough, he refuses to go down, but I think that might also lend towards his injury stuff. I also loved Kenneth Dixon, a running back at Louisiana Tech who just ran like you said, like he was angry at the ground and would fight for every extra inch and cause him fumble issues and then injury issues later in his career. So you know, I love the talent Canari is Tony. I love him in this offense, but I think I'd rather have Sky Moore, And I have reflected that in my rankings recently, which is not where I started because I am such a Canary as Tony guy as well, like you are. But you know he's not on the field, dude, He's just not on the field, so I don't feel like I can trust him. I got one more wide receiver and then you got a tight end to end us out. So I'm just gonna go ahead and flip this wide receiver out. And I'm gonna say, Fitzy that this is probably more of a rebuild move, right, My guys that are out there, you know, a dynasty league. Maybe you just joined and you're picking up a bad team like our boy franchise that we talked to every single Friday, and you're trying to make a couple moves on a deeper roster before the end of the season. Let's not forget about Michael Gallup, and Gallup looks to be down right now. It's hard to argue with that. With the trade that Brown and Brandon cooks, not forget that eighty nine targets evaporated with the departure of Schultz and seventy four more out the door in Dallas, with Noah Brown going to Houston as well. This year, Cooks will probably be the guy, but Gallup looks great in camp, and if he starts to look like pre injury Gallup u and he has so far in camp, Cooks, you know, he offers the second most cap space on the Cowboys roster if he were to be released next year. Zach Martin offers the most, but they're about to probably extend him, I would think, so, probably not going to be an option to cut. And this is a team that I believe they're twenty third in cap space, they're only six million under before free agency and rookie signings, so they're probably gonna be looking to make a move. Tolbert has also made a little noise in camp, So both of these guys look good this season, Gallop and Tolbert. Then I think the chances of Cook's being gone next year for cap space are probably increasing. And Gallop right now is wide receiver seventy four in ECR. He's a little higher on ADP at sixty three, but that's probably right around where he should be right now, and let's not forget before this injury, Michael Gallup came out like a stud. He came out like Gangbusters out of Colorado State. I definitely believed in him. Then I'm a little more down on him now, and I think you kind of have to be because he is third on this you know depth chart here, And I know you like Jake Ferguson, but I just don't know that Jake Ferguson in his first cracket starting is gonna command the type of targets that Dalton Schultz did. They got to go somewhere. Plus you know, a bunch of targets gone from Noah Brown as well. So I think this should break out to Seedee Lamb is a one, Brandon Cooks is a two, Gallup is the three, and then probably Ferguson four in terms of targets and the depth chart, and Tony Pollard is gonna be in there as well. Being on the field more probably mean more targets for him. But see cats some targets, so let's just push them over to Tony Pollard. So if we're doing math here, still probably throw on depth chart. Maybe not a buy right away, but you know, if you're down, you're on a bad team. There are worst stashes to grab and take, especially knowing the financials on the back end with some of these guys. Now, look, you know, those can be a joke. Those could be completely rewritten and restructured, and the Cowboys could have a ton of cap space. You know, I don't know a ton about that stuff, but looking at it right now, Brandon Cook seems like the most obvious cut candidate before next season. And Gallup looks good in camp and he has been you know, he's been getting off press really well. And Trayvon Diggs, he's like one of the few guys at Treyvon Diggs hasn't really bottled up every single time. So, you know, I'm just really excited about Gallup and I think he's pretty much free now. And I kind of had a debate on who to pick in this spot between him and because I still like Josh Palmer too, but I think I want to go with Gallup here. So what do you think about Gallup? And, like I said, probably more of a rebuild move, but your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I can't argue with him as a cheap investment, bogs. I mean, his talent has never really been the question. I think pretty much outkicked his draft position from the start. But now he doesn't really have youth on his side anymore. And I guess my main concern with him, even though he has flashed some ability and had some big time games, Like I wouldn't mind Gallup in a dynasty best ball, and I'm in a couple of those leagues, but like, there have been very few periods during his career where he has been a comfortable start in a managed league where you have to settle one, you know, like he's kind of one of those guys like I could flex him maybe in a league where you've got you know, two or three flex spots and have to go kind of deep with your starting lineup every week. So do I think he has startups? I know, not really, But do I think he could maybe become the sort of player who, if their injuries around him, suddenly has brief spurts of value and it's going to like pop off for some big games. Still, yes, I think Gallup's that kind of player. So and and no denying the price is cheap right now.
Speaker 1: So here's a couple guys, And I think a lot of these guys in this area might be in the same neighborhood as Michael Gallup, right, like maybe Grab and Stash take a look at them. But a couple guys going above him right now, you tell me, uh, obj or Gallop? I think Gallop is probably a rental Zay Jones.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I keep seeing Za camp highlights bogs. Maybe I'm too caught up in those. That one's close, that one's really close, I see it.
Speaker 1: I just think that there's no opportunity for Za to be uh maybe even third on that offense, you know, uh, with Calvin Ridley coming in, and they still have Kirk who's better than him, and Evan Ingram, so you know, Evan Ingram does have a bit of an injury history. John Matchi's up there, and look, obviously I would take Machi over him, but I've talked about MATCHI. I'm trying to find new guys here for you guys, So that's why I went with Gallup. Josh Palmer is right below him. He is a guy that I also had interested in, uh that I was also interested in Hunter Renfro also, but he is buried with guys. Rashid Shaheed.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have Shaheed, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's fair. He's a little bit lower. Tank Dell is down there too. Another guy, uh that that you could find some risking, But I mean Gallup, I don't know. I just think that Gallup could be number two. He might be better than Cook's by the end of the season if mother nature finally catches up to Cooks. And you know, Cooks has never really stuck around long wherever he is. He has not been very liked by coaches and teammates, so I don't know if that is just a weird coincidence or if that's something that he's doing. But you know, he has bounced around all over the NFL. All right, So I got my wide receiver in here for my last one. So that's all five of mine. Let's hear your last guy. You got a tight end here for us, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's wrap it up with Noah Fance bugs and fant is still only twenty five, even though he already has four NFL seasons under his belt. He had more than sixty catches and more than six hundred and fifty yards in his last each of his last two seasons with the Broncos in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one. But Fan got to Seattle last year and played the fewest snaps he's played in any season since coming into the league, even though he played in all seventeen games for Seattle last year, so it's not like Fant was benched. He did play sixty percent of Seattle's offensive snaps, but it was a strange role reduction for a guy who averaged a very respectable seven point seven yards per target last year and had a catch rate of just under eighty percent. So Fan is still young, still one of the more athletic tight ends in the league. I don't know how the Seahawks are going to use him this year, but I do know that Fans slated to be an unrestricted free agent after twenty twenty three, So you know, if Seattle doesn't ramp up the usage, if he's still kind of an afterthought in this offense, there might be other teams willing to spend on a still pretty young, still very athletic tight end with some good seasons under his belt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like this one a lot, And this one, to me is kind of like the Michael Gallup one as well, Like This is probably a move more for next year when he's gone, but also he's got an opportunity to score some touchdowns with Seattle and have some value this year. I would say it's less likely in Seattle for him to pop off because they added Jackson Smith and Jigba. Right, so now you have Metcalf and you have Lockett and you have JSN. So those guys should lead in targets, no question. And then you know, thrown to the backs, throwing to the tight ends and stuff like that. So I don't I'm not in on fan this year, but I thought he was better than Howkinson coming out, right, Like I had him one spot ahead. I also thought Hawkinson was amazing, and he is, but I was more of a Noah fan guy coming out, and he was more of the pass catcher at Iowa. Uh so, you know, which is kind of funny he's saying past catcher in Iowa. But you know, he was a great tight end there. He was one of the better tight end prospects coming out until we saw Kyle Pitts. And I still think it's in there. And like you said, he's still super you know, young because he came in the league at thirteen years old or whatever. I believe it was twenty one actually, but you know, still twenty five years old. Got a lot of meat left on the bone there for this guy to potentially grow. And you know, plenty of teams need a tight end. And if he shows just a little bit this year, he could become a feature tight end for someone next year. So a lot like my gallop move. I think it's probably one for next year.
Speaker 2: So fantas gotten cheap bogs, you could, you could probably, you could probably trade a bag of Funions for him.
Speaker 1: I do like Funians, but I don't have Noah fan rostered on many of my teams. Actually, I don't really like Funions. They're okay, but I'd rather have cool ranch Doritos if I'm looking for a chip. So I'll say that more of a Dorito's guy, But we can argue that on a different show than merits of Funians versus Dorito's. But that will wrap it up for our by Low guys on this episode. Remember you can follow all of the excitement of Fits going to the fantasy Fest at fits underscore ff on the Twitter machine. Uh, you got your breakfast spot that you probably don't want to name right now. Let's just save that, tell me about it when you come back. Don't give the name out again because you did on a previous podcast. And everyone going right now. But I want to see pictures from the breakfast place, from all the games. I want to see with all the people. And if you meet any of the people that we talked on discord, like I said, Friday nights a five eastern, please send pictures with them fits. That's going to be a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it, man, and you can find me on the Twitter app Bogman Sports and we will see you guys next week. Take it easy, everybody. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.