Speaker 1: Ring, ring, ring ring. May I please speak with Zoe.
Speaker 2: Oh hello, Lamurn, Let's patch in.
Speaker 3: Hannah.
Speaker 2: God, I forgot what it was like working.
Speaker 1: With you guys. Hannah Hannah, Hannah.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to our show.
Speaker 1: Welcome, welcome, Welcome to our show.
Speaker 2: To our show.
Speaker 1: If you're just tuning in, Hannah is call Hannah is calling in from some sort of exquisite location.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boom, I'm in Greece. What But you know what's more exciting than me being increasing? Me being in Greece is really exciting, let me tell you, and wonderful and crazy and fun. I did also something wonderful, crazy and fun today. I cut my own banks.
Speaker 1: You cut your own banks?
Speaker 2: Yes, I use scissors. You know our friend Nikki who was part of the hair department for a New Girl for many, many, many, many, many many years and cut my bangs all the time. She gave me real, like professional bang scissors, and I just went for it. I went for it today. But what do you think you can see?
Speaker 1: Hannah, Hannah, this is my face, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Do you understand? So you're going cross eye and it's like backwards and you're in the mirror and you're like cutting. It's it's the craziest thing that I don't look insane. I'm impressing myself for cutting my own banks and for being in grace.
Speaker 1: I cut my mustache. I had that thick mustache. I cut that off and grew in my beard. That's about it. And I had somebody else do it. I don't know why you did this.
Speaker 2: Yourself, because I've only ever really had Nikki do it, and I once let someone else do it. It did not go great, and so I was like, man, if I'm going to be mad at somebody, it might as well be me. So let's go.
Speaker 1: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. All right, So anyway, all right, Today we're going to talk about an episode which I will fully admit when I rewatched it completely forgot about its existence.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I had to say. I had a similar thought up until a point. I remember certain moments. I remember the cranberry fight in the beginning. I remember having to talk loud because I thought a cranberry was stuck in my ear.
Speaker 2: Because that storyline I did well.
Speaker 1: I thought it was interesting. I just thought I get to talk loud, I.
Speaker 2: Get paid to shout at people. That's a dream.
Speaker 1: And when we were I was testing out actually seeing if a cranberry would get stuck in my ears. I thought that was a ridiculous premise. I said, there's no way cranber's gonna get stuck in my in my ear. You talked to certain doctors. They've pulled cranberries out of certain parts of people's bodies, but ears had never been one of those parts.
Speaker 2: You pulled all the doctors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I pulled all of them, and I and I and I And during that episode, I was trying to see if I could get one stuck in and fun.
Speaker 2: Facts in real life.
Speaker 1: In real life, I was like not trying to see if it get stuck, but seeing if it would.
Speaker 2: Okay, Daniel day Lewis, get some get some method acting going.
Speaker 1: If y'all don't know me, that's one thing about me is on very method too.
Speaker 2: Well that's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I couldn't And I low key got one a little bit stuck in there, and and so it is doable if you get one of those runt those are the runt of the cranberry. Litter man.
Speaker 2: Safety never takes a day off. Kids, seal up your ears around the cranberries.
Speaker 1: But then as the episode went on, as I was watching it, uh huh, I remember feelings of certain things. I remember working working a lot with like well, being around Olivia Munn for the first time, because I don't think I spent much time with her on the previous episode. I'm not too sure, but I think I remember being there and being at the house that cool, whatever the hell that house was, and I kept going, you know, I do remember this episode kind of vividly now, but there's these little lulls in that first Christmas party where I did not remember any of it.
Speaker 2: Any of it. Okay, So we are discussing, we're just so excited to talk about it that we're just diving right in Season two, episode eleven, Santa written by Love Rock, directed by Craig Zisk. You want to deep dive and give us the full recap.
Speaker 1: So it's a few days before Christmas and Winston really wants to believe Santa Claus is real, which you know, that's still up for debate. Now everyone is headed back home for the holidays. Yes, she's not content to let the season go by without having one more loving group. Hay, Now, Jess offers to be the designated driver, so everyone threw down their invitations and they decided to go party hopping. Yes, love a good party hopp on Christmas. Now they go to Sadies right, they go to Sadian Melissa's what we call in the episode is the Lesbian cookie Party, and they run into Sam oh yes, doctor Sam, who seems to be very intent on speaking to Jess. Now, Jess, she panics, right, and her response is to scream irish goodbye and then try to leave. Well, he clearly sees her right now. Nick wants to be as adventurous and as care free as Angie, but he's having a difficult time measuring up, you know what I'm saying. Now, Sam shockingly is also at the next party, which is which is very weird. How to Ellie get there? It turns out he has been looking for Jess and he wants her back in his life. But Jess remembers the pain of the breakup and has a difficult time trusting Sam, so she lies and tells him and she's dating Winston, which, uh, I mean, obviously I'm the go to Winston's to go to He's the man from top to bottom, handsome, chisel, he measures up. Now this lie quickly falls apart. When Winston regains the ability to hear, he dramatically dumps Jesse, throws a drinker, and he sys to be gone, you know, now going on outside? Meanwhile, Nick is joining Angie and Santa Sleigh for a little bit of sexy, sexy good times, which y'all don't know what that means, that it's sex that hasn't sex South public in Santa Sleigh. But they end up breaking the sleigh and they wind up tumbling down the lawn half dressed. And do we or do we not see Jake Johnson's button? We see Jake Johnson's butt maybe his john man. We flash a glimpse of his Johnson don't know, slow it down. You do see butt crack for sure. Now, Angie, she takes a bow for the gauwking audience. Like what she just bows? She's got no shame in that. But Nick, Nick is living his worst nightmare and he wants to hide.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Nick reveals what's going on right, He's feeling a bit insecure, and Angie questions whether or not Nick can handle her being a sex worker. He says he can, he can do it because he knows it's only temporary. Angie never gave a time limit on her career, and she is very much so insulted that Nick would leap to such conclusions.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, CC wants to give Schmidt a gift as a friend, but the fresh hurt turned Schmidt into a real asshole piece of piss a d You know you're a real piece of d this dude. So he gives away the gift to the first blonde who walks by him, and then ask her out right in front of CECC says peace. We'll see the back of her head as she says peace. And Jess is trying to understand why Sam came back in the first place, but Sam interrupts that. He interrupts them talking it out Bart and it just throws a kiss on her mouth with his mouth as if to make hurt be quiet. Now, he hopes he's perceived as a romantic gesture. But just tell Sam she won't be falling for his kiss again anytime soon, you know. She walks out of him, she says peace. The camera turns around and she says peace and listen. The final party that the audience sees is at Winston's job. Jess and Nick are both feeling bad about their roles and their potential breakdown, so that they turned to one another for support. That's what they do as friends. Nick tells Jess she's the kind of girl a guy will come back for me, and that she should give it another tribe or what he said. Just tells Nick that fearless Angie might be the cure for his cowardice. He lets her up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Nick apologizes to Angie and gives her an advanced day of lap dance of her life. It was a terrible lap dance, to be sure. Change takes the bee shame. Angie tries to return the favorite, but Schmidt he has some notes and he will not be out there now. On the way to the next party, Jes begins to rethink her decision to cut the same out of her life. She swerves to going to the hospital and sheet pulled over by a cop. Yes, if you do dumb shit like swerve on the flood, Yeah, the CoP's gonna pull you over. You don't do dumb shit. So she smells like the liquor that wins them through her. She's swerving and doing dumb shit she's tired, it's late, and she begins to explain the difficulty of her name. She starts crying. Of course she does Christmas miracle. The officer who looks like Black santin. He believes it. He lets her off of the morning. Oh my god, she just CROs and me. She just cries. Black said a cause believes her. It lets her off with the warning. That's what happens. The spirits are restored. They race to the hospital. It's after visiting hours, so Angie flashes her boobs so they can go and find doctor Sam, as one would do in a desperate situation. You've just done it millions of times. So many people have seen my area as now when a security guard cracks them down, they try to they try to sing Deck the Halls, but no one knows the actual words because it's been a while. But they've got that Christmas spirit and Zoey Dashaw's lovely, beautiful voice, so everyone comes out of their rooms to applaud the performance. Just tell Sam she believes that he wants and they kiss concept to each other, just kiss right there in the middle of the hospital. Schmidt reveals he didn't give away since his brace the ugly brace Rebot and then Nick is somewhere with Angie Quicken up in the hospital, probably in ICU somewhere, just slapping parts. And you know that's the that's the story, and I'm sticking.
Speaker 2: To it, Okay, beginning of this episode, That's right. They really are basically bringing up this idea of Santa Real, which made me think of, like, who ruins Sama have for you? Who did you ever believe in Santa That? Did someone school?
Speaker 1: You know, I got it growing up, we never really sell I don't know if that was a thing amongst like black folks on the South Side of Chicago. I don't remember ever anyone talking about Santa Claus. I don't ever remember it being a thing. My mom never had to have the talk. We I just like, especially because we grew up in the church, which where it was like it was Jesus, you know, Jesus. You know, my mama and Santa Claus. Everybody else is Santa Clause. But Santa Claus. Ain't no man creeping in our house because because if he was, there'd be a problem, you know what I'm saying. So I never had that thought. I never had that idea of old Saint Nick, you know, sliding down eating all your cookies, because we weren't leaving cookies out for people either, because then that's how you attract roaches, so you leave to get spoiled milk and roaches all in your house. So we never did that.
Speaker 2: First of all, I would just like to say the fact that you say my mom never had to sit me down and have the talk and it was about Santa, not sex, is one of the funniest things.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 2: It's a weird thing. I don't I definitely was. I remember presents at Christmas and it would say from Mom, from dead, and from Santa. So I definitely remember. And this is the weird reason why I remember is because my dad has beautiful handwriting, and I just remember how we were just like we're Santas. It was very beautiful and so and still to this day at Christmas, my dad will give me a present from Santa, so he's tried to keep that alive, I guess, but I don't remember, so I guess it wasn't that traumatic. I get somebody at some point was just like that's still from ya, Daddy and your mommy, But I don't remember it being some big trauma thing. But I do remember some kids to school like having the whole world show. But as you get older and you're around kids like little kids and Christmases start it it's a weird thing to explain as a positive that while you're sleeping, if you've been a.
Speaker 5: Good little boy and a good little girl, a man going to creep into your house who's been watching you all the time, all the time and will give you presents if you were a good little girl, and you better give him a cookie.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, I'm not giving Santa my cookie. Santa, that's my cookie. That's my no, no, Santa, what the hell.
Speaker 4: It's a weird thing and to be like and it's great, and it takes a lot of questions for a child's mind, like how they get around in the world, and how do they get.
Speaker 2: Every single person's house? And do some people not get them because they they didn't say thank you when they left the restaurant the other day? Like what's the what's good? What's bad? And so I feel like there is this new wave of parenting where people are just sort of like it's a story, it's a fable, and it's wonderful that it's part of like the Christmas cheer, but nobody's creeping to your house baby when you sleep.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's fine. We have a DT security security system with alerts also in the chimney. I almost screwed up someone's life recently. I was at a friend's house and they have two little kids, and I hadn't seen them in a while, and we were just kind of catching up. Me and my buddy were like literally like sipping on whiskey and they were eating pizza, and the mom was there and everyone. It was like right before their bedtime, and I made I made some sort of weird joke because there are toys all over the place. I forget what the joke was, but it was something in regard. It was something on the lines of like Santa Claus not being real. It was in that vein, and my buddy and my buddy and his wife looked at me with the most like fear in their eyes, like what did you do? And then the daughter girls what And I was I was just about to go, you don't believe in Santa Claus. I was, I was this close to dropping the bomb for her. And then I looked at my friends and they were like the look on her face was pure panic, and I was joking, and I have to say, I'm just I'm just joking, you know. I love Santa Claus like he's I met him before, and they're like what, And then I had to like slow, Then.
Speaker 2: You went too far. This is the new word. This is where elements of our characters sometimes are embedded. It's like you went you went too big, way too big, way, way too big for that Santa and.
Speaker 1: For you love Santa Claus. He's my good buddy, and it's oh my god, at my house right now.
Speaker 2: Actually they're like we're going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so in which I found it'd be very interesting that Winston is like whether or not Center is real? Even I think when I read that in the script originally, I immediately tacked it on to all the weird things about Winston and I just died laughing at the table read what.
Speaker 2: I do love that about our show so much though, because we did a lot of holiday episodes, and I feel like that there was always that, you know, the little leap into like the Christmas Magic, where you had to do something goofy, like have a character still kind of maybe believe in Santa and then do that moment at the end where it takes scen Yeah, black Sanna, Black Santa. I thought it was just I don't know. I just thought it was really like lovely and the fact that it was so silly and starts with like a you know, a cranberry in the ear. It sometimes when we got super goofy. But like I said, I had zero recollection of this episode and I watched it, I was like what. And then when they like leap into the party hopping. I remember that when I moved to LA and everybody would throw these Christmas parties because nobody was with their family. But they're all, we're going to be with their family in a week, so they wanted like a big send off with their friends. But there was a million Christmas parties. But it's LA, so they're all like forty five minutes away from each other. Yeah, so you need a designated driver. So the fact that they were that was such like an LA like response. I felt like when they're all like, no, we're not doing this, and then she's like, well, I'll be the designated driver, and everyone's like oh right, okay, cool, let's go.
Speaker 1: To the party. Because here's the thing you want to be festive, you know what I mean. As a kid, you you had your limitations, you know of how festive you could be. And as a grown up, Christmas really is about going to these parties and drinking and separating and you know, kicking it. And so if somebody else is driving, then great, especially back then, because you know, Uber wasn't around back then.
Speaker 2: That's right, It's true, you needed someone to kind of be like, all right, I got it. And then the other part of this episode that I thought was really great and I could relate to was the discussion of the exit strategy of getting out of a party. Because I am the queen of an Irish goodbye.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, you know, we all know it.
Speaker 2: You know, just like, was she ever there?
Speaker 1: Did she even care?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 2: That's it. I go shake the hands and kiss the babies, grab a couple of drinks, maybe a cookie, and bye bye.
Speaker 1: Can I can I share a story for our fans out there that I don't think we've ever told anyone?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Okay this Hannah? Oh no, you're talking about Irish goodbyes? Hannah? Oh no? Okay?
Speaker 2: Is this is this the shirt?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: This isn't the shirt. This is when you rip my very very fancy shirt. This because you thought it was a snap on shirt. We're just buttons. You just ripped the whole thing. That wasn't it. It was it was a and that sounds weird. We were all out, all out. He would try to be funny and you but there's nothing to do with that. This is when we went to it, but you went. I think it was made me a GQ party, like Man of the Year party. And I drove and you wanted to Irish goodbye, and I didn't because I was really that was my first time ever being at a place like this, and I was like, this is pretty damn and you were like had a had a like halfway through the party, was like peace, let's go, and I was like, what are you talking about? And we got into an argument on the way home. I remember that going like, I feel like Hannah and I have never been in an argument before, and the other day I thought about it and I went, no, we did.
Speaker 2: We had one argument and it was right in the beginning of our friendship. That happened, I remember, and it was just so interesting because it was such a real, like brother sister moment right where I was like I'm done and don't want to go, and You're like, it's about Barty and then we were like now what. And I remember the conversation the next day, well, it's funny, yeah, you lost, and then I won is and like we left. But I remember being so sad because I knew that you and I just had that thing where we were going to be lifelong friends. Forget this job, it could be canceled after a year. I just knew it. You're always supposed to be in my life and always supposed to be in my world, and I knew it. It's I got really sad, so I'm like, this doesn't feel right, like this is someone I know I'm gonna love so deeply. And then it was I just remember the next day, I think, I feel like I wrote you this big thing and you then called me, and then when we were like, all right, cool now and now we know that about each other and we'll we'll just figure it out better next time. And what was really cool about it is that we put it down and maybe until now this episode reminded us of it, we've never ever picked it up or thought of it. Again, which is like, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: If you surely thinking about it, we have kind of it must be sitting in the back of our minds because I've never picked you up again. Yeah, you drive yourself, I'll meet you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's because we know, we know what's gonna happen. You like to stay, You like to You're the last person at the party. You're the one that keeps it going. And I walk in, I do a lap, and I leave. We can never ride together to a party. We'll never roll together. That's so funny, But so the Irish Goodbye. When I watched it, it made me laugh so hard because she gets there, just gets there, gen'si's her ex and then tries to hide. It doesn't work. He spots her and she shouts Irish goodbye and runs out in the biggest fashion ever, which is the opposite of an Irish goodbye. It he just got piece up. I did not remember that shooting that. I can't usually when I watched something, I'm like, oh, I remember where that was, I remember the location, I remember whatever it is. I do not remember that at all. And then when I saw the dress I was wearing, I was like disappointed in myself for not remembering because that was a gorgeous dress. I was so angry. I was like, what happened to my brain? The Swiss cheese and I would not remember that dress. That's how my brain works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember anything about like that particular party. Yeah, that party, I don't remember being there at all. I think I'm struggling to figure out where it was.
Speaker 2: Especially because Walton was there and Olivia Munn was there. Yeah, right, and it it's so funny. I wonder why I didn't remember it until the next party, because I remember we shot at that crazy, crazy, crazy house that you just mentioned the beginning. Yeah, And the reason I remember the crazy house, I don't know you remember this is because it had the steepest driveway in all of Los Angeles. Oh yeah, you had to go up literally at the most extreme I mean extreme angle. It was crazy to get up there. So once we were up there, they were like, that didn't feel safe for driving you guys in this little van. You guys are just gonna stay there. So we stayed there. We all stayed there, which is kind of crazy in terms of how you shoot a TV show, because if you're not in a bunch of scenes. You can go back to your trailer and relax or leave or whatever, but we couldn't for that. All the stuff shot there, we all had to stay there till like three in the morning. Yeah, because there was no way to get up and down this literal mountain of a driveway.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember walking around that house thinking to myself, one day, one day, I live in a house like this, And then fast forward, Hannah Simone bought that very house.
Speaker 2: No, but I did do a photo shoot there years later. Really, yes, it was really funny and they were like, we're doing a shoot at this house. It's really beautiful. It's got a grave view.
Speaker 1: And I was like all right.
Speaker 2: And then we started to drive up this crazy hill and I was like, without you ever laying eyes on the house, I was like, I know this house. It was a really cool house. Though it's like fifties retro what then they call it like Danish modern Inside, I.
Speaker 1: Think it was all of that. For now, it was just pure event. It's like an event space now.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: The guy was there with his cat, I remember that, yes, because they would lock himself in a back bedroom so the cat didn't get loose and it was like super off limits. Who cannot go in this bedroom because the man is in there with his cat and he didn't want to move the cat. I remember that also very clearly, which was hard because there was they had hired a ton of these amazing background actors that were with us up there also with nowhere else to go, and so we were all just kind of like stuck in the one three room at the owner and a cat lot lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the that I didn't know that I I you know, I couldn't imagine some guy in the back of his room with like security cameras everywhere, just petting his cat while he's watching.
Speaker 2: Us terrified, like, well they just broke that bull I know, well they just scuffed that door. That reindeer just fell in my book.
Speaker 1: So so so what is what is this dump fantasy? We're at this house, We're at this new fancy house, and then she sees, uh, you know, Sam, he kind of appears out of nowhere and it creeps the hell out of her. And you know, Winston obviously gave Sam the address an exchange for a little ear exam, and uh, you know, he thought Jess would be happy that Sam was crawling back to her. And I think Schmidt calls it the dump fantasy, right, is that Is that a real thing?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: Because I personally there are times when I'm like, yeah, that would be great. When I when I was dating Zolle Kravitz and I dumped her, and I was like, man, i'd be really cool. She can't just crawling back to me. But there are moments where I break up with people and or they break up with me, and I'm like, good riddance. They don't come calling back because I'm you know, I'll give in too easy.
Speaker 2: I think it's the dumb fantasy is around people that maybe like did you wrong, right, and then they dump you and you're just like, hold up, I'm amazing and you shouldn't dream me like that, and who do you think you are? And how you walking away in your high house? Wonder you will go to realize amazing I am and you gonna come crawling back and then I'm going to be like nothing you but right, and you want you want that opportunity. And so the fact that he kind of did her dirty, Sam did her dirty, She like spilled her heart out and then he was just like no, thank you, now here. He is crawling back, being like, I want you, I want you, and she has the power. So yeah, I think a lot of people have that dumb fantasy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. And Jess obviously weirdly goes about handling things in a very strange way, you know, like when she decides to she decides to tell you that she's been she's been seeing Winston, and which I thought, you know, I thought it's obvious, you know, but in certain moments, I'm always like, it also makes me the butt of the joke, And I said, part of me was like, well, hold on, why can't why wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute, you know. So I thought that was a very funny moment, especially with the confusion going on because Winston can't hear a damn thing, and as she's explaining to Sam all these things and he's kind of co signing it purely, you know, accidentally. I thought it was a very funny moment, especially when Sam and Winston had that that little, that little sit down where he pulls the cranberry out of his ear and he's saying, yeah, I know it would be you. I knew you'd be the guy you know, which means he totally had it wrong, because I think we know where this is headed.
Speaker 2: Do what you say when you do the fake breakup? One of the funniest things ever the things you call her, the throwing of the drink unnecessary away out of hand, but that made me laugh out loud. What did you say?
Speaker 1: You called her a I said, be gone honkey through a drink at it?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Do you know if you made that? Was that improvised her?
Speaker 1: Not I did. There's no way I'm improvising calling somebody. This ain't the sixties.
Speaker 2: What where did that come from? Who wrote it? I want to ask, because it was love who wrote the episode?
Speaker 1: That sounds like a love joke?
Speaker 2: Gone, I can't. I gotta ask. That is one of the funniest things. I was like, Whoo's mind was like, you know what?
Speaker 1: And the even the throwing of the drink. I think I remember something. I remember a moment where it was are we throwing the drink in her face? M are we throwing the drink on her? And then it being a bit of a discussion on set, and it didn't make any sense for you to throw the drink on her face because this is no I'm putting on her like a ruse. I'm just kind of like here, I'm tossing the drink at your you know what I mean, something really light and easy, And I remember it being a thing like, are we gonna throw it in her face?
Speaker 2: It was also one before they'd established that Winston does go too big. Bill, Like, I feel like that had been established, you could have thrown in her face. But two, I also feel like it was really cold when we shot this, which is why everybody's in a coat and we only had this location for a little bit of time and to do the reset. If you threw it in her face, yeah, we're hair and makeup would be super annoying. Those are like the practical things I think of shooting a TV show sometimes, where you make decisions where it's not just all about what my character do it Just like that clock's a ticken a little on her make up jacket.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's the question right there.
Speaker 2: That's right. Go talk to glam and uh and see what we can have happened.
Speaker 1: Hey, folks, give us a second. We will be right back. Welcome shoes.
Speaker 2: Remember that, by the way, we're back. When you just threw the break. It reminded me of those after these messages. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do remember that after these messages. Who fun fact? Fun fact that this is not a fun fact. This is a fun uh searchable fact. Folks find out who sang that song.
Speaker 2: The jingle for what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was might have been like TGI Friday or our Saturday Morning cartoons.
Speaker 2: It's after these messages. Yeah, maybe of the.
Speaker 1: Cartoons Saturday Morning cartoons for.
Speaker 2: Barbara got to do it. You need that. You need that, Tom and Jerry. You're gonna have to sit here and be sold some g I joes. You know.
Speaker 1: Mine was I think Pro Stars. I think that was. It was Michael. It was a cartoon with Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, I want to say Bo Jackson and somebody Pearl Stars, Pearl Stars.
Speaker 2: I was like, Pearl Stars, what pro Stars?
Speaker 1: Pro Stars? I think it was called pro Stars. It was a cartoon that came on back then. But we digress.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Now we got two other little weird relationshipy things going on here. We've got CC and Schmidt. You know, you gave him a gift and he's at like a you know what I mean? He's acting like a little It.
Speaker 2: Was real rude, Like I get it if you're just like, look, I'm not ready to be friends with you right now, so I'm going to take some space one thing. But to be that rude and relentless. I was like, man, CC has more patience than I ever ever would have. And then when he takes it and hangs the hands into like some random chick, I was like, all right, bro a booh bah. Because at the end of the episode, if you remember when they're standing in like the halls of the pediatric ward, you know they have this like sweet moment. Looking back, I would not giving anybody a sweet look after that night with that man. I don't even care if something sweet's happening or it's Christmas, You're still going to get the full dirty look.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true. So obviously you know you you had made a decision to go, you know, to take your talents elsewhere, right, that's right, So then you bring him a gift, first of all, that's your fault.
Speaker 2: I also thought that was like ridiculous. I was just sort of like, you know what it is. It's not that it's people in their twenties in relationships that still have feelings, but they don't want to have feelings. So then they sit there and say, well, let's just have a friendship, but they don't know how to handle the friendship and it's mixed messages and it's messy. And that's also why New Girl I thought, was like such a great show, because of course it doesn't make sense. But nobody when they're dating in their twenties and they fall in love but they don't know how to handle the relationship, makes smart, rational, sensical choices. So in that way it checks out. Of course, you're weird. X that does want anything to do with you would show up and give you a present and you'd be like, what do you mean a present for you said you don't want to be with me? Classic?
Speaker 1: Classic, Yeah that makes sense. I'm not gonna lie you. I still every once in a while look at my ex girlfriend's IG stories, so I say, he.
Speaker 2: Knows you're looking. I doubt it. Feel like I have a whole burner account. I have a ghost i G account. Is I stocked my exes?
Speaker 1: It's called welcome back to our Show. I go to her page for the welcome back to our Show.
Speaker 3: It go.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: So but also simultaneously, what's happening in this episode I will say, is is Nick you know, Nick is dating Olivia Munn in this one, or Jake is dating Figs you know what I mean? Uh? And so it's a weird it's a weird dynamic between them two because she is a stripper, which fun fact, I dated a stripper. And that's that's the story. That's the whole story. But it's nothing different or it's not like, you know what I mean, you're walking into orgies every day or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think what they're trying to imply with him, though, is that he's intimidated by her comfort around sex and her body and being confident. But it's really I think that's what her whole thing is.
Speaker 1: She's just she just is.
Speaker 2: She is just a confident human who happens to also do that for a job. That's right. And so I feel like that's where she gets super offended because she's just like, I'm just a human being and I do that for my job, and yes I'm confident, and yes I'm ballsy and strong, and you need to get it together. That's why that moment when they go to that third party. I love that scene of jessin Nick in the phone booth where they're kind of calling each other out and it's like a real friendship. It kind of reminded me of a lot of conversations you and I had our trailers as friends. We were dating people and figuring things out. It was just really honest but kind. Yeah, because making mistakes. Everybody's making mistakes. But it's a really sweet It was a really sweet another little Christmas moment. But this is what I will say about that Christmas party. And I don't know because again I not remember this episode. So I watched it with fresh eyeballs. When Jake comes over and does the laugh dance for Olivia Munt and there's nothing I love more than watching Jake Johnson dance in a show because I know he hates it so much, so he gets super weird with it to make it funny because he's uncomfortable. So it's my favorite thing to watch as a friend watching a friend have to do that. So I'm already like laughing. But when Yes chapped in and pushed Olivia out of the way and said, this is how it's done, because in my mind, this.
Speaker 4: Is the first time I've ever seen this and does this scene and the way Jake slithers to.
Speaker 2: The floor between his legs and runs out it honestly is the I started laughing so hard and I started crying. It one of the funniest moments. And I was like, how is one of the funniest moments maybe in our series? That just little moment I forgot because I don't forget that stuff. I was so delighted that I could rediscover a moment like that in our show and it could catch me off guard and make me laugh that hard.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, no, I died laughing watching it. I was rewatching this the other day and I was in tears, tears because I don't remember being there for that.
Speaker 2: I was just like, what, I'm like mad. We could have been in the room and watched Jake have to sit through it with Max, and you know, Max want to make him feel the most uncomfortable because it's super funny to him, and the way Jake would have to get I would the fact that we could have had front row seats, because I bet you we weren't in the room when that happened, because we were nowhere near that it just kills mess coordinator. Yeah, I know it's going to now be in my like my top like twenty funniest moments of New Girl ever. For sure. I'm so grateful I got to rewatch it now.
Speaker 1: There's a moment also when Winston is singing, you know, upon the house top click click click. I think I get royalties from that. I'm still I random random story. I was. I'd made a little bit of music in my day, like stupid stupid stuff, dumb comedy albums and whatever and parody videos, and so you know, you have to register that type of stuff with publishing companies, which is I don't know anything about this type of stuff. And then BMI is one of them, and I get these emails randomly saying, check your B and my statement, check your B and my statement. The new statement is in and I'm going, I don't even know my log again, what is this? And I go in there and there's so much random, you know, checks, and it's just like three hundred bucks here, five hundred bucks here, two hundred bucks here for and I'm like over the years, right, And so they obviously get sent over and direct deposited, but I'm not seeing them physically. So I'm looking at all of these statements and I'm going, what are these four and singing? Elations is on there? So me and me and Sam Richardson get paid from Elations Elations Yes, And then this me singing this song.
Speaker 2: I am in shock.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the he?
Speaker 2: Why didn't I sing more stuff on the show?
Speaker 1: Every just start singing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the things you learn too late.
Speaker 1: They gotta get They gotta pay you. They gotta pay you for that beautiful voice of yours. You know, I have a voice of angel. That's what people say. They see me on the street.
Speaker 2: They're like that, you are so out of Ston't maker sing anything? No, you gotta pay us if she wants to sing it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no no no. You got a beautiful voice and everyone knows it.
Speaker 2: Let's fast forward to the end of this episode because I have to ask about the Olivia Boom flash. Yeah, here's the thing that is Nick's girl. And then Schmidt runs out to take a peek and Winston and I was like, these are not your friend.
Speaker 1: Winston didn't take a peak. Whinston had dropped something, Yeah, yeah, dropped something. He had come back to pick it up.
Speaker 2: I was like, thank you, friends, that's the most disrespect. I was like, this is a Christmas episode happening.
Speaker 1: It was weird, but at the same time, I gotta say, you know that's real, that'll probably happen. You know, she's out to open, like the clerk gets to see what are you talking about? What are you doing.
Speaker 2: There's this great show called Colin from Accounts, Australian show that I love so so, so so much, and there's from the pilot actor she walks out and she uh flashes a boob, just like impulsively, and then the guy goes to work and his friend is just like you you saw like a like a free, a free stranger boob, but like out in the wild, like you didn't have to do anything for it, and they didn't expect anything. They're like, this is like the unicorn of all unicorns of life. Man, Like this is that's just like that's the most you just had the most incredible experience of life. And I just remember this incredible speech that happens and Colin from Accounts. I love that show. I love the couple that created that show. It's a wonderful show. You should watch it. But It made me think of in this episode.
Speaker 6: I was like two guys, two guys in her episodes off free boob in the wild, two of them just tube boobs in the wild, which I guess for a lot of people that's just like highlight of the ear.
Speaker 2: Never forget that time I was a free.
Speaker 1: Boob, loose boobs, loose boob.
Speaker 2: The Christmas gifts and this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there are the real gifts for me and fun fact, everybody know she didn't really flash the clerk. No, we didn't really see her boobs. Okay, guys, calm down, but you're just toster own away. You're weird.
Speaker 2: But I will say the actor played Black Santa. I never saw him again, so maybe that was real Santa.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was real Santa.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was Sam.
Speaker 1: We should look him up because hopefully nothing sad happened.
Speaker 2: So maybe it was really Sanda. Maybe it was maybe you click on his accountant there's there's it's nothing there because he he's the Christmas trying to end this podcast like that, I believe. Okay, ask me my favorite question so that I can be really happy about it.
Speaker 1: Anna, we have well are you happy? Are you? Are you going to be happy? About the question I'm about to ask you.
Speaker 2: You're going to see, You're going to see, and.
Speaker 1: I think me and all the fans out there, you want to know where's the bear?
Speaker 2: Now it's time for where's the Bear?
Speaker 1: Where's the Bear?
Speaker 2: Where's the Bear is brought to you by Hyundai. When it comes to your journey, Hyundai is thinking of every mile, ooh, where's the bear? Where's the Bear? I'm singing it hopefully I get like a royalty, but it's my own song, so I guess it doesn't work like that. Well, let me tell you this is why our listeners are the best, the best, and they're on the quest with me. Because I got a DM sent to me from Shista and she said, Miss Shista, she said the where's the Bear moment? In season two, episode eleven, Santa is In the first ten seconds of the episode, Nick says that Santa gave him his own fire truck and a peddy bear that smelled like his dad's cigarettes. Thanks so much, y'all for helping me prove my theory. Right bear in this episode.
Speaker 1: Kick well well, also fun fact, Shista, I'm sorry, but you dropped the ball, Shista. There are a couple of more moments, not when bear was just said verbally. We also see Nick Johnson's bear ass and we see Olivia Month's bear boobs.
Speaker 2: So this is my Christmas miracle that you would count that. That makes me so happy because it basically shows me that you're also on the bear believer side, which is a very very very nice thing for me to hear on a Christmas episode. So thank you for supporting it. Bear butts, bear boobs, teddy bears. I will take them all I needed bears, I'll take the trifecta.
Speaker 1: And you being from Canada, Bar Naked Ladies, Yeah band.
Speaker 2: Which is a band, very great band. Thanks for helping us with our bear hunt. Hundai. Remember with Hyundai, it's all about the journey. Whatever your destination, They've got the latest tech to get you there safe and keep your passengers entertained along the way, from shopping to buying to owning. Hyundai has your back. Learn more at Hyundai USA dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Santa's not real. Santa's not real. Let's just end it on that note. Santa is not real. That man a liar, He's a creep in your neighborhood.
Speaker 2: It should be a relief to people, it should be a relief. I'm so sorry we ruined that for you, but you should be relieved that no one's creeping into your house and watching you all year round.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no, that's weird. That's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let us help you out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, we'll be right Backlco and folks, we are back and we were you know, as we always do on this lovely, lovely show. We're go ahead in this thing with a little segment we'd like to call Nick's Box now since we're missing Zoe, you know, we're doing a very special Nick Box. We're going to go back to our closets and pull out our favorite memories from Santa. So, Hannah, what was your favorite memory?
Speaker 2: This is the one create Honestly, it's a Christmas miracle, Okay, because I truly believe so far in all the episodes we've watched, I have remembered all of them so clearly, every single one. And the fact here's the gift of the fact though, except for those stuff shot in that crazy house, because I remember that house so clearly, the Christmas miracles and now it's my favorite memory of not only this episode, but it's going to be up there in the season. Is going to be the moment where Schmidt lap dances for Nick. That is just going and it's just and the fact that I didn't know what was coming and I got that punch in the chest laugh is It's gonna make me smile like all week. One of the funniest things. I'm so grateful I got to see it with fresh eyes and my Christmas spiracle is that I forgot it ever. Thank you so much, Black Santa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Black Santa. That's probably my favorite part of this show was was getting to hang out with an old dude with a beard, the old black dude telling me all all these old civil rights stories. Now I'm kidding. Yes, Isa is a lie. Yes, Miss Jerris pond Dexter, point Dexter. Jeri's pointdexter. He's still alive. He's not creeping in your house. Is he's an actor, folks, He's not real Santa, He's not really Santa Claus. Fantastic actor. But no, I would say that's probably my one of my favorite moments, because you know, I love the moments when we're all sitting in a car or all, you know, doing a bit. We're all in the scenes together, you know what I mean. And when he shows up, you know, they just add a little fun, quick little moment to kind of tie up the loose end of Winston not knowing or you know if that is real or not. You know what I mean to me, it just keeps adding to the mystique and stupidity of Winston, and obviously down the line you'll see more and more stupidity come from him. So yeah, i'd probably say that it's my favorite moment.
Speaker 2: I love doing this episode with you more.
Speaker 1: It was great, Ah, you as well, you as well, So folks, go ahead and give us five stars. You know, if you like this episode.
Speaker 2: I like how shameless we are. We're just like, we love doing this podcast so much. We really love hanging out. We love rewatching our show. I love all the messages you send and help me on my bear quest and things you notice. It truly is like, oh, it's just the best job. I can't even call it a job. So I think that's why we're shameless. We want people to know how much we love it. We hope you love it, so let us know if you love it.
Speaker 1: That's right, let's go buy a mug.
Speaker 2: All right by sea.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to Welcome to Our Show, a New Girl recap podcast. Welcome to Our Show is a production of iHeartRadio, hosted by Zoe Deschanel, Lamurn Morris, and Hannah Simone. Our executive producer is Joel Moonique. Our engineer and editor is Daniel Goodman. But Welcome to Our Show theme song was written by Zoe de Chanel, performed and produced by Zoe da Chanel and Pierre de Reader. Follow us on Instagram at Welcome to Our Show Pop. If you have a question you'd like us to answer, you can email us at Welcome to Our Show Podcast at gmail dot com. Don't forget to rate, subscribe, and share far and wide.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. We'll hear you next week.