Speaker 1: Good morning in Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo Charlamagne the Cat, Peace to the plane. It is Monday, and you.
Speaker 1: Mean to tell me all this time we had that recorded, but y'all got me coming in here every day getting all out of breath for no reason. Because I don't know if y'all can tell that was a recording or not, but it was. Because DJ Vy is not here today. It's just myself and my special guest co host of You in Memphis and listening to K ninety seven and one on the regular. Then you know who she is. Round of applause for Big Sue.
Speaker 2: A Mat say mae, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Big Sue. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good man, I'm happy to be here. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Happy mother f in Monday. Are you used to being up.
Speaker 2: This early a while back? I was okay, yeah, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: So it takes a little wile to get in the roof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it does.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping for coffee, did you that's what you need's coffee? Get Big Sue from Coffee y'all. Any other morning routine you had this morning?
Speaker 2: Uh no, I'm good, okay, good?
Speaker 1: And you a radio veteran, right, how long you've been in the.
Speaker 2: Game, Oh boy, over twenty years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got twenty five in Okay, okay, were about there?
Speaker 1: You're right then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I think we started around the same age probably.
Speaker 1: I think I started off as an intern.
Speaker 3: In ninety eight, okay, eight ninety seven. I think for me it was the first time I ever got on a mic.
Speaker 1: Radio veterans dropping the clues bombs for radio veterans. If you notice, some of our last several guest hosts have all been folks from the radio world. Chris Kayler from Charleston, South Carolina, Ashley on There from Houston, Roxy Romeo from Philly, now Big Sue from Memphis. Yes, the iHeart Girly is a reapon you already know, so we happy to have you. And also this morning, man, we have some special guests. We have Attorney Ben Crump. He'll be here because he's representing the Ladies of the Fearless fun Ayana Parson and Arian Simone. I had to feel his fun as a grant program for black women, and they're being sued by an anti affirmative action No, what is it, anti affirmative activist named Edward blowm Basically, he's just an old crack ass cracker who wants to stop black progressing. We're gonna talk about it, okay. And also on the show this morning, you know, August nineteenth, two thousand and three, a brother from Atlanta named Ti put out a classic Coaches shifting album called Trap Music. That album is turning twenty years old this week, and Ti I'll be here this morning to tell us all about it. All right, we got Teslin figure O coming up with Front Page News, and it's Monday, damn it. We all waking up going to work together. So let's get it. It's the world's most dangerous morning show, The Breakfast Club earned my mic on Edward. Yes, if there was more dangerous morning to show. The Breakfast Club DJ NV Charlamagne the God DJ Nvy is off the day with my special guest co host is here, Big Sue Morning. Turn our mic on it, eddiejejus Christ.
Speaker 2: I mean you hit him with the government too.
Speaker 1: Because that's Radio one on one. Turn the mics on nothing. Happened to the Mike gets turned on. But now it's time for front page news with Tesla figure out the hood whisper, Good morning, Test, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Charlemagne, the God, Good morning, Big Sue represent Memphis. Let me say some of the best music in the planet comes from Memphis.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning. Now, Tad tell us about these wildfires in MAUI.
Speaker 2: Mm hm Yeah.
Speaker 5: A lot of folks that probably been watching this over the last few days. And the official devth toll has reached ninety three in this week's wildfires, and there are warnings that it could rise further now.
Speaker 2: The blaze that devastated the historic.
Speaker 5: Town of Lhama is now the deadliest US wildfire in over one hundred years. Governor Josh Green said that the winds were between sixty and eighty one miles per hour, which meant that the fire traveled one mile per minute.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 6: Day was moving fast, really fast. It got to our homes within seconds.
Speaker 7: With the fast moving fire closing in on his home, a Chowa heroically grabbed both his kids and his friend's children, their parents were at work, and scrambled everyone out.
Speaker 4: Did you hear any alarms?
Speaker 1: Did you get any kind of warning.
Speaker 6: No alarms, no warning, nothing, no sign, nothing that we had to evacuate, not even police rolling by telling us to evacuate or anything.
Speaker 1: Damn. So when MAYI residents warned about the fires.
Speaker 5: Then yeah, this is what one of the big issues is is about the warning. Now officials are saying that they're not making any excuses for it, and they are going to do an investigation and see why it did not the system didn't activate sooner. But we know that the fires began on last Tuesday. There was no warning ahead, but the National Weather Service did issue warnings about strong winds, but they canceled that warning on that Wednesday. Then after that the flames broke out August eighth, and they did issue some evacuation orders towards some schools. But then by the time they issued it, you know, all over all over the island, it was too late, and by the afternoon, the flames had already engulfed you know, most of the areas. So they're doing an investigation to see, you know, what happened with that, And I'm sure folks have been seeing it on social media, you know, where people had to flee and jump in the water, and you know, just some real devastation that happened as fhy. It's been a total of two thousand, two hundred buildings that have been damaged, and a lot of folks still have not found their family members. And they say that that fire is still only eighty five percent contained.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, So what does that mean for the residents of Mali? Now, Like, what do they got to do? Just deal with the nasty conditions that the wild fires create, like the smoke and the small and all that stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, obviously, So now there has been a lot of help. I've been looking and watching. I believe Oprah, you know, went out and tried to do some help. I know, The Rock made some posts about it. You know, there's some gofund me accounts also set up, and just want to warn people. They had also put out on the media to be careful almost go fundmes. Make sure that you're you know, donating to you know, the right go fund me and the right resources to try to help. So just have to build it back. We think about Hawaii being such a beautiful place, you know, a place where you go and you know relax.
Speaker 2: I've never been.
Speaker 5: I would love to go to Hawaii. But this is just, you know, really heartbreaking to see such a historic loss.
Speaker 1: So, and where is Smokey the Bed? Remember back in the day when you have Smoky the band. Yeah, only you can prevent far. I feel like when you more smokeing the bed campaigns nowadays.
Speaker 2: Seen the smoking the bed a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why it's probably why it's all these damn wildfires. People done forgot that it is only us that can prevent them. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: That in climate change is real.
Speaker 1: You is not that lying? You was absolutely uh tas will be back next hour. Thank you test for that front page news. Now, right now, it's time for get it off your chest. One one hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Call us right now. Tell us why you're blessed, tell us why you're mad, whatever is on your mind. Let us know. Not too much on the mad though. It's Monday. I'm not ready for all that heavy energy yet. Okay, it's the world's most dangerous morning.
Speaker 8: So the breakfast club, the breakfast club, Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred five eight five five one.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 10: Who's this from South Carolina?
Speaker 1: Papa Smurf for part of soccer lender? You call him from Papa Smurf A four to three all day to low Country. What's happening?
Speaker 11: I got really want to get off.
Speaker 1: Okay, the I don't get your phone? Your phone, your phone breaking up? Bro, your phone breaking up to a buried the lead. I don't even know what you said. What do you say? Critical was okay?
Speaker 11: I don't believe Bill. I believe it's a fact. I believe the poth show that our education sister is priving our kids a housing of our helly else is bad and our medical attention layoff track. The second one is black woman to toss up to lead, it's my fault. I believe is depressed. It's his fault. This is what you've done because the showers of the country they have oppressed us. They're still a press they want to us depend on. And I think that that's something that really okay.
Speaker 1: So he said critical raise theory black women in oppression. Now I know when I solicited for calls, I said, nothing too heavy on a Monday morning, But you just come out the gate. You just come out the gate. First phone phone call, critical race theory, black women in oppression. I ain't even had no oat meal yet, bro, Yes, sir, Yes, have a blessed day from the A four to three, sir, blessings to you. Good morning, get it off your chance. Who's this?
Speaker 9: I've been alone? You know, Jesus is whatever?
Speaker 1: From C t read? What's up? My brother?
Speaker 11: Nothing must man. I just wanted to shout out my wife seventeen three teams, you know setting.
Speaker 1: The moon today. Your anniversary was yesterday.
Speaker 11: It was yesterday.
Speaker 9: You're black?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 9: You half Spanish thing, but you're.
Speaker 1: Married to a black woman or what you got?
Speaker 12: I got a Spanish woman, but she swear she black.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, okay, all right, you know.
Speaker 12: Please Queen, I won't say peace schools.
Speaker 6: But that.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Thank you. Happy anniversary.
Speaker 1: That's right, happy anniversary.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm just making sure you making sure you don't have a white woman.
Speaker 10: Nothing wrong, nothing, Rod that just making sure that's all nothing, rod that, just making sure that's.
Speaker 1: A black effect. Some nurch I got what I got some hatch here Eddie. You please make sure my good brother gets a black effect hat. We got you, brother, Get it off your chest? Who's this Keith, Florida? What's happening Keith? What's up?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 4: Bab?
Speaker 12: I want to tell her about that Hip Hop fifty celebration of two the weekend.
Speaker 9: That was great.
Speaker 1: Bro, Oh you were there?
Speaker 9: Nah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I woke up Saturday morning and saw eight hours back Joe bro Big Big Block Centerson.
Speaker 9: Yet ye have to beest that.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to me how there's always a connection between Florida and the Bronx. I always say, the craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all that or and there's always a connection. Y'all. Y'all recognize each other. It's crazy. That's tantas hit two. But that's Big Suit, Big Suit from Memphis.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Okay, what's happening on saying I'm good?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Thanks all right, my brother?
Speaker 4: That be good?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, get it off your chest? We do that every morning. We're still taking calls right now. One one hundred and five and five, one oh five one, I think that's the number. That's the number, right, yeah, one hundred five.
Speaker 8: The Breakfast Club someday is it your time to get it off your chest. Way up, whether you're.
Speaker 2: Mad or black, time to get up and get something. Call up now eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chance. Who's this?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I was kind to give a shut off of gods and gett gas thro Oh solute.
Speaker 9: I wanted.
Speaker 14: I want to checked out that apple sew and make that you said fire, yes, yes, and then I got the strawberry too, the little spensive. But but they don't have all that red dyning Ford and all that. So if you're trying to get a help fit kids, gettle gas for the way to go.
Speaker 1: You got it from Target, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Target had to go to Target to get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ordered some. My wife ordered something this weekend. I didn't even know she was ordering it. I saw it in the house. She ordered the waffle and the pancake mix. No, you know what I did. I'm bugging I did right. We had a Sunday morning, yeah, said well, I was. I enjoyed it. I mean it's hard to mess a waffles, bro Like, you.
Speaker 10: Can't really mess up no burn, burn and waffle. That's what I'm saying like it was good. It was good to me. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 14: I'm talking about the actual mix with the like because we grew up on answer MoMA and all that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was the pot part because when I hate the pot par of course, it went to pot tar that we used to get with all the fosters and stuff in it. But it was a healthier option and it wasn't bad or it wasn't like what is this?
Speaker 1: Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thoroughly enjoyed the apple. That's right, that apple. Maybe send him in a fight, yes, all right.
Speaker 14: But good day up there, because he probably would.
Speaker 2: Have cut me off by the life.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Who's this?
Speaker 12: It's Alex calls.
Speaker 1: Long Alan, Alex, what's uping my brother?
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 1: The god? So to me say what's up? The big sou from Memphis?
Speaker 9: All right, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Big Sue?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 12: I'm chilling like a villain, That's what's up.
Speaker 11: But I'm calling because.
Speaker 12: I want to promote my business. I have a candle making company.
Speaker 1: Send me some. I love candles. You know, you know candles.
Speaker 12: I got you I'll send you something to the station. But I have a candle making business where you could come into my store make your own candle, take your fray. Grant is on us in Ballwing.
Speaker 10: Long Island, Balling, Long Island, Baldwin, Baldwin. Okay, yeah, Can I get my own website?
Speaker 1: Yes you can.
Speaker 12: It's called Candles D light B A N B L E S B E L I T E dot live.
Speaker 1: All right, listen before you sell out of candles, after that shout out, make sure you send us ours. Okay, Oh, I got you?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: What since you have?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. What since do you have?
Speaker 12: I have all kinds of Then you you've been what's the top and the email?
Speaker 15: And I got you?
Speaker 10: What's the top seller? Big suit said Jamaican me crazy? We have sugar love.
Speaker 12: And then I got this new thing called black Queen.
Speaker 1: What the hell do you? What the hell? What the hell's you making me crazy?
Speaker 12: Some mango type like pineapple. It's like a nice fruity smell.
Speaker 1: All I don't want that. Send those up here, bro and the Black Queen please. I got you, Thank you, brother, thank you, Yes, sir, that was get it off your chest. We do that every morning at the same time. Call us. Let us know what's on your mind, let us know you know what's bothering you. Let us you know know how happy you feel. Whatever it is. We're taking all energies. Well, we got coming up next? Oh rumor report, Yes, s you got report.
Speaker 2: We have to talk about it. Hip hop fifty. A lot of folks are left out and get it off that chest.
Speaker 1: People are highly upset about that is you. I'm telling you man, it's some South bias. But we'll discuss when we come back. It's the world's most Dangerous morning to show, The Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club. It's the world dangerous morning show, The Breakfast Club. Charlamagne the God DJ invY is off today. We got our special guest host, Big Sue from K ninety seven to one in Memphis here this morning. What's happening?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Are we ready? Were ready?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: I promise you, Big Sue. If I knew MVY was off to day, I wouldn't have done that five milligram edible or drink that glass of wine before bed last night. But I needed done wine yesterday because you know, one of my daughter's b d was yesterday she turned eight. Yeah, so she had a party with some of her classmates. Yes mermaids really yeah yeah yeah yeah. So needless to say, I needed the drugs and the drink. Okay, but it's time for the rumory bort. We're gonna talk about hip hop hip Hop's fifty fan of Russia.
Speaker 2: So this is the rumor report pulling through the city. The radio, don flash the big suit, so I.
Speaker 16: Take a lot of fight and finally on.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club, you're a radio rectas radio. I would say that definitely one of the one of the hardest.
Speaker 1: Works telling them what the business is. We can't get Tailor to move fast on anything except for this image.
Speaker 2: I mean, where did that audio come from? Did y'all follow me home?
Speaker 1: Bay Taylor? Can't get her to do nothing else fast though, drop on a clues bomb for Tailor game.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's what's up. I'm flattered.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 2: You can take that with you too, okay, bet I sure will.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: So hip hop is fifteen turned fifteen August eleventh. Everybody, of course, had somebody called in earlier about the hip Hop fifty, the big celebration. There's been celebrations throughout the year, but of course it kicked into high gear last week.
Speaker 2: As things started to calm.
Speaker 3: Down, some folks started to coming forward about their disappointment with how hip hop was being celebrated. Soldier Boy stepped up, feeling left out, he tweeted, when I came in the game, they said I killed hip hop, but really I birthed the new wave of hip hop with Internet streaming ahead of my time.
Speaker 2: Hashtag hip hop fifty. You gotta give him that. My Space drop on a clues bomb for Soldier Boy.
Speaker 1: Sojier Boy line, Soldier Boy is absolutely positively telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he continued.
Speaker 3: Now everyone vlogs their career like me. Now everyone uploads their music to the internet. Now everyone goes live for their fans. I started it, thank me and not followers credit or not hashtag hip hop fifty.
Speaker 1: He's not lying in any way, shape or for him. The only thing I wonder is like, why does Soldier Boy have to say that himself? Like there should be people saying that for a soldier boy. But I guess nowadays, if you don't put that, put your own narrative out there, you know nobody will plant the flag for you. So I'm not mad at Big Soldier for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fly Time, he was co producer of Mister Magic's rap Attack, shared his thoughts on Instagram. He said mister Magic was the first person to ever play hip hop on the radio.
Speaker 2: That's a fact that can't be disputed.
Speaker 1: I think I'm pretty sure he's right, Like, yeah, I had to be mister Magic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: He said he was even offered money and an everyday slot if he would stop playing rap. We were told if he stopped, people would think it was over and everything could just go back to normal.
Speaker 1: Damn. Now DJs take money to play rap. That's illegal, by the way, But I want to put that out there.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you remember, back in the day, there were radio stations that said, you know all you know R and B and no rap, Like that was a positioning statement for my station back in the day. He also continued for no one to even mention him in this so called fiftieth anniversary is a travesty. All you rappers and DJs who came after him know it.
Speaker 2: Fly Time.
Speaker 3: Then there was also a post from Uncle Loop Luther Campbell hip hop fans from Florida don't be upset. They don't recognize your favorite Floridian artists as part of hip hop's fiftieth year celebrations. This industry has never considered us as hip hop. From the time I started hip hop in the South.
Speaker 2: That also tracks.
Speaker 3: I could go on and on the disrespect towards Florida hip hop. Still to this day, we fight for our respect.
Speaker 2: And we will continue fighting.
Speaker 3: And if you look at us, think Trina was the only artist from Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, this is exactly why I propose every region do their own hip hop fifty anniversary show, Like let La do La, Let the Bay do the Bay, Let Texas do Texas, Let New York do New York, Let Philly do Philly. Let Florida do Flo or to let atl you know do Atl. Because I don't care what kind of hip hop head you are. There's only but so much you will know about other.
Speaker 3: Regions, right right, But I mean this is this is like fifty years of history. It's like every time we watch an award show and somebody's mad, somebody got snubbed, some you know you could You couldn't celebrate everybody in fifty years.
Speaker 1: No, I mean that's why I said I feel like it's more attainable if everybody from the region does their own thing. Yeah, you know what I mean that that way, you're sure not to miss anyone, you know, and all of us should be bounding down to Uncle Luke. Uncle Luke is the reason we got parental advisory stickers on albums because he took it to the Supreme Court and fart. So all of hip hop really, all the music, oh the debt of gratitude. Uncle Luke could drop on a clues bond for Uncle Luke always.
Speaker 2: What else we got?
Speaker 1: Big?
Speaker 14: So all right?
Speaker 3: So Little Dirk's concert was shut down after reports of an active shooter. This was on Saturday, so Dirk was set to close out the show. Performance was cut short because of reports of an active shooter and Chicago Peace PD officers.
Speaker 2: They were dispatched to the scene in response to the situation.
Speaker 3: There was a video that even shows an officer armed with a rifle directing concert goers, but after further investigation, they said the incident was not bona fide.
Speaker 2: There was no active shooter.
Speaker 1: So what happened? I mean, I'm not mad at the way they reacted, because it's Chicago, as you can never be too safe. You know, little Dirk might be almost held, but a lot of the brothers in Chicago aren't. So what was it? You know what?
Speaker 3: I don't know, But I mean, have you ever been like at a show, like back in the day, where you know, all it takes is one person to start running, or one person to say something, or like a fight breaks out or something, and by the time it gets to the fringe, you know, it's it's mayhem.
Speaker 1: I don't even got to be in the show. Somebody start running. Hit, I'm gonna start running. The hell's going on? You can never be too safe.
Speaker 3: I did that so Little Dirk also what I took to his social said, don't believe the hype. We bigger than big. Thank you Chicago. Go till the next time. Who all stole the merchandise? Tag me so I can repost.
Speaker 1: I saw that. Now I saw everybody stealing the merchandise. Maybe that's why they did that. Maybeersion exactly, Maybe somebody created that the burgeon get your hand out my pocket just so they can go steal the merchandise. Because that felt very coordinated.
Speaker 2: That makes sense that merch is high.
Speaker 1: Merchant is definitely high. Yeah, it's definitely high. All right, Big Sue will be back next hour with the room of report coming up. We got Front page News with Teslain Figure Row, So don't go anywhere. It's the world'st Dangerous Morning Show, The Breakfast Club. It's the World Looks Dangers Morning Show, The Breakfast Club. Charlamagne the God DJ, India's off to day. We got K ninety seven z on Big Sue in here with us this morning. You know, representing that Memphis mutha Memphis. You're not from Memphis though.
Speaker 2: Right, Hey, I've been there longer than I've been anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's home, that's absolutely absolutely It's time for Front page News. Tesla Figure Rod a Hood Wi Bruns, Hey.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning, Charlamagne the God, Good morning, Big Sue.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Now I see that a fifth person has been charged in the Montgomery boat, Doc.
Speaker 5: Bra Yeah, this was what folks are calling the Chairman, the new Chairman of the South. Folks have been wondering, you know what has happened to the guy that is found wielding the chair and he was charged and arrested again. His name was Reggie Ray of forty two was being held in city jail now he has been released since then, Charlemagne, but this is the latest update that he was charged with a misdemeanor courtunt of disorderly conduct from the accident. But also we talked about this last week. We covered to the story a couple of times. Like most folks have been following, there has been a white female that was also arrested, because I know that was folks who wanted to know what what about the females. Her name was Mary Todd twenty one. She was charged with third degree assault, and then also charged was Richard Roberts forty eight, was facing two counts of third degree assault, Alan Todd twenty three, and Zachary Shipman twenty five, who face account each of.
Speaker 2: Third degree assault.
Speaker 5: Now all four are scheduled to be arraigned on September first, and so is Ray. His first court appearance will be September first. We'll keep following it to see what's happening now. As f yi, a misdemeanor in Alabama could carry up to three months in prison and or a five hundred dollars fine if convicted.
Speaker 1: All the black people regiated only when I got a record from.
Speaker 5: So far, what it looks like according to the photos that they put online. It was the white folks and Reggie with the with the chair. So we'll see how it works out.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm not in law enforcement in any way, shape or form, but when I watched that video, I did say, Reggie going to jail, You're still the South. You ain't gonna just go around hitting no white woman with no chair, you know what I mean, with no reason, because because really, when you watch that video, it's just like when you watch Juice when they rob the store and then Tupac shoot the clerk and everybody get mad, like, why did you have to shoot the clerk?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: We were good, we were good. Why you had to hit the white woman with a chair for no damn reason?
Speaker 5: Reggie, Well, shout out to those who've been making the memes.
Speaker 2: You know, this is a very serious incident.
Speaker 5: But the memes, the videos, the music I mean, has just been I mean, some very creative, creative stuff going.
Speaker 1: On the internet.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys have been following any of that stuff, but been very entertaining.
Speaker 1: And I'm actually shocked that he only got charged with disorderly conduct. I would have thought they would have charged him with a salt. Yeah, but are used to charging with a sault. Oh, I don't think I'm happy he didn't get charged with the thault. I'm just shocked that in Alabama, black man whacking a white woman with a chairs only at disorderly conduct.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: And then you know, again not saying the mayor is black, of the chief police black, not saying that that made a difference. But you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna put it out there like that, but yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: This story is crazy. Hundreds of government employees in San Francisco told the work from home due to the high levels of crime in the area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is crazy.
Speaker 5: Hundreds of employees the Apartment of is that the Health and Human Services in San Francisco were basically told to stay home because the crime was too high. The department recommended that employees work were remotely for the foreseeable future. They cited this in a memo on August fourth, but they said the advice is in light of the conditions in the federal This is a federal building. By the way, They're out there selling dope right in front of the federal building. I guess that's a new day. It is located in a hot drug spot, and so they're telling folks that it's dangerous and to stay at home. Now, just as an FYI, there's been a major fentanyl crisis in California. A governor knew some announced in June that they seize enough fentanyl to potentially kill over two point one million people. So a lot going on in California, and apparently, you know, these employees are no longer feeling safe to go into work.
Speaker 1: So instead of police police doing their job, instead of law enforcement doing their job, you just tell the government employees to stay home. It sounds like you told law enforcement to stay home if that's your only if that's your home plan of action.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it says a lot about you know, well, just think about the term of actually selling drugs in front of the federal building, right. That's that's that's a whole new level of boneus, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You ain't lying? That's like that's like drug dealing fear factor right there?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Do they know it's a federal building?
Speaker 9: Oh you know what it is?
Speaker 1: Or the federaldom might have the best customers.
Speaker 5: According to the White according to the cocaine found in the White House. You can get a lot of a lot of customers and from the government.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you're right, by the way, ain't that that's a that's a hell of a charge, right because I know that you can get charged for selling in front of a schools on the gotta be something selling in front of a government building, you might be.
Speaker 5: A They don't.
Speaker 2: They don't care about the charge.
Speaker 5: They're more than happy with pushing out.
Speaker 1: Lord that's gonna be there to charge you. That is true. Clear clearly, ain't nobody there in charge them. Thank you Test. We do frontage news every morning. Make sure you follow Tesling figureo on all social media platforms at Tesling figure and subscribe to the podcast a s great shot, No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network. Now when we come back, Remember I told y'all earlier August nineteenth, two thousand and three, a classic Coaches shifting album by the name of Trap Music came out. And that album is turning twenty years old this week, and the Good brother t I will be here this morning to talk to us all about it.
Speaker 9: Man I.
Speaker 1: It's the world most dangerous morning. Show, the Breakfast Club, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: So we were rolling up schmoke.
Speaker 13: By the time we get through not the second one, they're like, oh yeah, you heard.
Speaker 4: And I never had to get nobody money back.
Speaker 13: So we went through all those you know, those hand in hand FaceTime kind of acts, and the data we received was the three songs that people responded to the more let Me Still Okay, Dope Boys in the Trap, do It Baby, Sticky Baby, that was probably a close. That was one that was one in the clubs do It Baby, stick Baby, and Panty Popper Panty Poper.
Speaker 1: Number one, you got two out of three.
Speaker 15: Okay, Still Ain't forgave myself, Dope.
Speaker 13: Boys in the Trap and uh Panting Pumper number one. Uh do It Baby was probably a close forth. But so we learned that that was, like, you know, that was the vibes that they were responding to. That's what people were gravitating to on the album. So I with that information, I said, okay, well I could do a whole album work of this.
Speaker 4: And call it trap music.
Speaker 13: And so going into that next album, that's what we That's what we did.
Speaker 1: After I'm serious, What did you think went wrong? When I'm serious. If anything, I.
Speaker 13: Think it was I dropped within a transitional period, I believe. You know, le Face was an institutional culture, like a real uh a musician's university. So and it was in Atlanta, you know what I mean. So it was real boutique. You know, you could go in there and have a have a conversation with La about needing more money for your budget on a video, needing to get you know, more spins on your record, you know, just just things that that artists need to communicate.
Speaker 4: With their label about on the regular.
Speaker 13: You could actually go in there and talk straight to the decision maker, you know, without any interference or no no red tape. And and when that transition happened and everything was in New York, now that was you know, a bit more of a commute. And I'm sure LA was in a position where you know, he went from being the boss and really answering to no one to now he's in a position where he gotta he gotta put up numbers and answer the people, you know, to justify his position.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 13: And so the first thing he looking to do is I'm sure go to the guaranteed hit makers that he already had. I think outcast was on deck Tony Braxton Ussher you know this new kid, you know, yeah, yeah, it's cool. Yeah, sure, sure, and let's let's get to the numbers. And I understand that, you know, at the time, not so much, but I appreciate. I appreciate that because the lesson I took from it. You know, we we had it going the way we anticipated, the way we wanted to.
Speaker 4: I don't think we would have, you know, uh.
Speaker 13: Been the businessman and gained the independence that we did.
Speaker 17: That was really difficult because at that time, I know, New York was heavy, right, that's when d MX was out at that time. I think a JA rulele smoking was fifty was smoking in two thousand and one.
Speaker 9: Stuff.
Speaker 17: Rockefeller was real big at that time. Was that very difficult to break in during that time?
Speaker 13: No, I don't think so. I think the South's advantage was our ways. We could do numbers on just in the South, you know what I mean. Of course, what we needed, you know, what we needed to broaden our reach to New York for was more like visibility. But once you became known and and and sought after in the South, and then the mid was right there.
Speaker 4: So you know, you.
Speaker 13: Got artists like you know, ghetto boys, U GK, you know what I mean, like eight by M J G. You know, certain people that did just did numbers only focusing on the South. So I never felt, you know that it would have been difficult to to to really.
Speaker 9: Make a dent.
Speaker 13: I just knew, you know, in order to kind of like you know, get MTV or get covers of the source or you know what I'm saying stuff like that, that's what we kind of needed New York for.
Speaker 1: Trap music is so important, and it's one of the reasons I got you on the Mount Rushmore the South period because people was using the term trap but not to say this is trap music before trap music when it comes to people like you know, drama and just the way even GZ did the mistape thing you did.
Speaker 13: That, you know, I had, I had some uh I had, I mean I laid some some fundamental work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the streetsball you won through one through one through three, you know, and there is no GZ, there's no Gucci, there's no future, There's there's not that shift in Atlanta sound without TI and trap music. And I think that needs to be stated.
Speaker 13: That's you know, I'm humbled by that, I'm humbled by that. I mean, I think, man, you know, everybody plays a part, and it has a position, and I just did my part, you know what I'm saying. I had no idea that what I was doing with means so much to so many, so many people would be able to relate and correspond with their own contributions that would reach the masses and turn into what it's turned into today. It's just, you know, it's just a blessing to be, you know, to be a piece of such a magnificent machine.
Speaker 1: All right, we are celebrating twenty years of trap music. So we got more with t I when we come back, But right now it's getting to a joint off trap music. It's Rubber band Man, produced by my good brother David Banner. It's the World's most Dangerous Morning short of breakfast Clubs, the oneldmst Dangerous Morning short of breakfast club Charlamagne to God. We are celebrating my guy t I. Man. This week marks twenty years of the classic album Trap Music, and he's here to talk all about it. Do you think you're the first to do what we know is trap music or the first to label it is trap music.
Speaker 13: I mean, well, definitely the first label it is trap music. And of course we've all heard, you know, songs about drugs and drug dealers. But with the extra special attention to the details of the nuances, I think, you know, that's kind of I give you an example. You've heard records about rappers rapping about being hit me or carrying out homicide and so on and so forth, but we have never heard like the attention to detail of the nuances the way we did when Scoff they said, never seen a man cry till us see what the man like that like getting into like you know, go and scratch it beneath the surface, and you know, lifting up layers to find out like what's in the heart and the mindset, and you know, what level of consciousness are these people on when they making these to see it? And how does it affect them and their families? You know what I'm saying, Like all of those things, I don't think, you know, with the extra special attention to detail, I don't think it is been kind of presented that way.
Speaker 18: It is.
Speaker 1: It hard to celebrate the twenty anniversary of trap music without having two pillars around you, like Phil and likely.
Speaker 13: I mean, it's hard not to celebrate it, you know what I mean, because you know, all the work we put in and everything that we hustle for and fought for. You know, it's commemorated with the celebration of trap mu They'll be memorialized.
Speaker 4: With the celebration.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite song on trap music?
Speaker 13: Man, It's hard to pick favorites, I said at the very top of the list, though.
Speaker 4: We'll have to be just doing my job, on my job.
Speaker 15: What was your mind set when you was doing now, man, Kanye, so he already had the beat with the hook playing and just doing my job. To me, it immediately took me back to when I was trapping in the apartments, me and my partners, Like, none of us live in these apartments.
Speaker 4: We'll just come here to conduct that business.
Speaker 13: And a lot of the the tenants of the apartments, you know, a lot of them very cool with us, you know majority, But you had about four or five that'll walk by and they'll just look at us, like with the side I will speak, they won't speed back, you know what I mean, And they just had a uh a disdain for us, And you know, I kind of could understand but at the same time, I was like, you know, if you just really got to got to know, you know, any of us and and had a conversation, you'll probably realize that we ain't no different from your nephews or your brother, your.
Speaker 4: Little brothers or or sons and so on and so forth.
Speaker 13: We just find ourselves and in extreme, extremely dire circumstances and you know, all we trying to do it'll find.
Speaker 4: A way out.
Speaker 13: And I just never I never got a chance to have that conversation. And I felt like there were other people in my position that probably felt the same way, and they were probably w you know, benefit from the conversation as well.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 13: And the beat felt perfect, you know, for for the for the for the delivery of dialogue.
Speaker 1: I wasn't working with a young Kanye back then.
Speaker 13: Kanye was cool to hell, man, I ain't even gonna capt Uh.
Speaker 4: He was more conversational, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: Like he he he read the room a lot better.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: It feels like ya, you know, it felt like ya. You know, he got to a point where he just stopped.
Speaker 13: Reading the room and just gave everything everywhere, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So we took Kanye to.
Speaker 13: Uh Body tap lord a Mercy. We took Kanye to body Taip man, you lost his mind.
Speaker 4: He ain't never seen nothing like it. He ain't never seen nothing like it.
Speaker 17: I was gonna ask with all of the producers, with Tom and David Banner, Yeah, break down, Faye breakdown, working with some of those producers at that time.
Speaker 13: But DJ Too, Man, that's you know, that's that's that's my.
Speaker 9: Doctor.
Speaker 13: Dre Snoop, that's definitely, that's definitely my mentor. And you know, most of the beats that I got from Tunk, I got from this. They came straight out of the house because Tunt used to cut my help.
Speaker 4: I come to the door, he'll come answer the door.
Speaker 13: The beat's playing and while he cutting my hair, you know, the beat just still playing.
Speaker 4: And you know, I remember that's how I heard twenty.
Speaker 13: Fold and be Easy Too, And you know, I was like, hey, man, what's that And he'll say, Man, that ain't finished. I said, yeah, they'll get to me and I take it, and you know, I whip it up the next day and you know, the rest was history.
Speaker 1: You know what you put your flag down to on that album. After King of the South.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was on the first album.
Speaker 13: Actually, actually, the first time I even mentioned or made made mention of the Monica was song with me and Beanis Siegel two glock Nines on the Sherifts. Yeah, it wasn't as personal to me. It didn't mean anything for real, until people start saying I couldn't say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, you know, that's nobody said it before.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like somebody, nobody ever laid claim to this beautiful region. I mean that we called it South.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 13: I mean, you know what, that's what That's what brought about. Uh, that's what brought about. The epiphany that came was I was listening to I Believe Mysticals he called it.
Speaker 4: So I looked at KP. I say, if he's the prince, who's the king?
Speaker 13: And then you know, we just had like that a silence as we both were thinking. Then we both looked at each other and he said, I bet you won't.
Speaker 4: I say, the hell I won't.
Speaker 1: Was there a debating the studio about who actually was at the moment, m hmm.
Speaker 4: It was a debate back who would actually have a problem with it being said? Yeah, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 17: But you know everybody was gonna have a problem with it at one time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Man, that intrigued me because I always felt like, well, first of all, in my heart of hearts, I just didn't want it to be somebody that I really respected.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to offend.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know outcasts, Goodie, Mob, U, G K A Ball, M j G, you know, Luke and two Lackry. I ain't want to like offend people who I actually had an affinitive for with anybody in my class, I wanted.
Speaker 4: I wanted all the smoke.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 13: And so I had conversations with you know, my my, my predecessors.
Speaker 4: You know, I spoke to Big and Dre from Outcast.
Speaker 13: I spoke the face, I spoke the I spoke the Ball and G you know what I mean, everybody who I had access to, I spoke to him, and you know, and all the og told me the same thing. Man, do that now now, you know, I think Dre said something like, what does it really mean to be king?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 4: Face was like, man, I don't want to be king. You can have it, bro.
Speaker 13: Big said, well, you know now it sounds like say, but to be king put the bulls out on you. You know, the object of the game of chances is to kill the king, which is way I got the title for my last album and he said, you can't be looking for no favors. I said, you ain't got a problem with it though, right, I went on did my thing from there.
Speaker 4: That was all I needed.
Speaker 1: And also to y'all, you had the song t I versus t I P on that album. You know that that's that's like a lot of the word for what's the word foreboding and not foreboding? Come on the vocabulary guy.
Speaker 2: Shadow shadow or shadowy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was for boating.
Speaker 13: I don't know, man, word not even talking about motive boat.
Speaker 9: Flow boat.
Speaker 1: But you knew back then there was a duality, yeah, man, Well, to be honest with you, there was a conflicting nature and the world I was leaving, in the world I was entering, and what I had learned and how I had learned to carry myself and and and treat situations in the world I was exiting, and the way I had to learn.
Speaker 4: To carry myself in the world I was entering.
Speaker 13: So a lot of times they were conflicting, and I was torn, you know, what I'm saying, there's some things that I would have to do coming into this.
Speaker 4: World, and I feel like, man, this.
Speaker 13: Is the exact opposite of what I learned in my teachings. I had acquired sets of skills that that that I would no longer be able to use.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like you learned that lesson around trap music. Though it took a while withal.
Speaker 4: But that's the beginning of the.
Speaker 1: Less all Right, we got more with you when we come back, celebrating twenty years that I classic album, Trap Music. Let's getting to another record off trap music. It's twenty fours right here on weekends with the Breakfast Club, Charlamaine and God. We are here with my man t I celebrating twenty years of trap music. How the stand up comedy going.
Speaker 4: Man, it's going good? Man, it's going good.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 13: You know we're selling that. We just sold that. I think it's Jacksonville coming his own for what is it? Two folk six shows, we go into Helium and in Philly, gonna be in Philly doing some more comedy. We got offers for tours. Yeah, I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 13: It's a high level of piece. It ain't the same doing it with that Clay, but it's still dope.
Speaker 1: Have you have you dealt with with that with the loss of Clay?
Speaker 4: What you mean?
Speaker 1: Just then as far as grieving, well, question.
Speaker 13: Becomes like, you know, when do you really completely finished grieving?
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially with somebody like that.
Speaker 13: Who's right at day to day in the action like when do you really like when do you.
Speaker 4: Say it's over? When do you say, Okay, it's complete?
Speaker 13: I feel like that's an ongoing process.
Speaker 1: It's like you probably reach for your phone. Probably certain things pop up, like man, somebody called.
Speaker 13: Clean and you're like, I've done that civil title, you know. But you you just try to remember as much as you learn from that person, remember as many memories as you can of time shared with that person, and and remember the the things that you all intended to do together. And you got to be very intentional about carrying those things.
Speaker 4: One of the.
Speaker 13: Things, so you know, clearing that we out man, all of us, well, he and I especially. We we had a pet and it was whoever died first. They would get in front of the church over the casket and say the up and that's and that's what I did. You know what I'm saying. Uh, And and.
Speaker 1: How did that go over? Because I saw, I saw, I saw everybody in the circle knew and laughed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like the rest of the church was like, what that's right?
Speaker 13: But nah, man, I think you know, but that's how we was, man, you know, our sense of humor. We kind of laughed our way. I remember like when phil when Pield got when they just announced he he had passed. You know, me and Clay, you know, we was we was joking, you know, we was like laughing about you know, just how he you know he was. He was probably looking at us right now, you know what I'm saying Now now I think we say, yeah, he probably in the room right now. You've been that, You've been that cry, been that crashed straight up, and we were you know, we started laughing. And I think, once you have experienced so many tragic moments, you know, you got to find some humor to to deliver yourself some form of peace. And that's what we always did. So you know, in honor, we're gonna continue to do that.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if the PSC collective, I guess you call it a reunion. I was wondering if y'all coming together to do a new album. I was wondering if that was because of Clay's passing or were y'all working on that before.
Speaker 4: Nah, Man, it.
Speaker 13: Was really man, to be honest with you, brother, DJ Holiday Man, Yeah. DJ Holliday came to me and he asked me about doing a PSC show to commemorate an anniversary of twenty five or life, and you know.
Speaker 4: I was like, man, I don't think. I don't think nobody want to do it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 13: I see then I start, you know, I just kind of put it in the group chat that we got, you know, just slowly, everybody just start saying, well, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, you know, we'll see perhaps. Then it came around like that.
Speaker 13: You know, drou had really really like did a transformation of hisself and that made everyone feel good.
Speaker 4: Everybody was proud of that.
Speaker 13: And I think that probably was the key component and made everybody say, you know what, they tried this again, and you know it's been going well. You know, we got a lot of dope music. Everything is everything coming together.
Speaker 1: Ye're gonna put out an Indus Street So it's gonna be an album.
Speaker 13: I think, so drummer said, you wanted to do it. You wanted to do a gangster grill, So I believe it. I think it would be an industreet that makes sense.
Speaker 17: And your son's doing music. Do they want to hear Dad's game or do they just want to figure it out on their own?
Speaker 13: I mean, man, different decisions for different situations. I think they listened to me, but they may not put it into action immediately, you know.
Speaker 4: I think they still stubbornly.
Speaker 1: Tried day way, just like Daddy.
Speaker 13: I ain't nobody telling me nothing, you know what I'm saying. That was a little different. I don't think anybody that was around me, especially at their age, could show me how to do what I was trying to do.
Speaker 4: But I probably wouldn't have listened anyway.
Speaker 1: I feel like if a song like be better than Me, that was even back then.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I think that they do the best they can, and I think they get better at it is the years go on. You know, because I listened to the Money some of his songs. Things I told him I thought he wasn't listening at all. And I hear hear the music, Yeah yeah, I hear it and hear it in the music, and now you know, that that that puts me a piece of it me, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he he can here right.
Speaker 17: You know, we had boosy up here and he said that you guys spoke. We were grateful for that. You guys have been partners for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we spoke, Man, we spoke.
Speaker 13: I mean, man, I don't, to be honest with you, brother, I don't take much personal, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't really take a whole lot personal.
Speaker 13: And I think that's the reason why, you know, like a lot of stuff just ain't important. You did, like in the moment, if I consume myself with it, you know, I have some momentary reaction, but like when I really, like just when I meditate on it and like really really get get off the phone and get into my real life, it dissipates. They don't have any any true value at all, you know. And there there are no stakes, you know what I'm saying, There's no consequence, so it shouldn't really be no emotion behind it. However, you know, once we did talk and I shared with him, you know what I'm saying, with the validity of the facts, I think he kind of he kind of reached his own conclusion. And you know that was really enough for me. I wasn't tripping enough of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I feel like you've disconnected from the social media where you were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, semi. So my phone broke, man, my phone broke.
Speaker 13: And you know if your phone break like around it broke like six six thirty.
Speaker 4: So it wasn't no, it wasn't no phone, right, So.
Speaker 13: I had to wait and then the next day I had to go to Canada, so I couldn't get a phone on it, and uh, I believe then I had a phone, but I had to go to Anguilla, so I got so I had a new phone, but I needed my old phone to get the chip out of it. So I had like two weeks without a phone.
Speaker 1: And you liked it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So I'm just you know, I'm just living with what's around me at the time.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Well, ladies and gentlemen's t I.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast thing. Are you gonna do some type of show for trap music?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, job, I think King King is King is Uh he's he's he's doing he's doing something, man, and so far he got he got boosting tud and he's asking me to come.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 13: Makes sense to think about it, telling me how to make sure you got some insurance.
Speaker 4: Man, you know. But yeah, he said he wanted to.
Speaker 13: Uh, he say he wanted to to kind of take over the the celebration for the anniversary. And you know what I'm saying, all right, cool, So I'm gonna see what he put together.
Speaker 1: I feel like you got to perform at in its entirety somewhere.
Speaker 13: Man, We're gonna see man. But the Hot ma Fe will be in Philly, Man at the Helium. Gets your ticket right in there online wherever Helium's website is.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 13: And you know, catch the Hot Mafia wherever you can because it will be going down.
Speaker 9: That's right, you.
Speaker 2: D It's the Breakfast Club. It's the World.
Speaker 1: Go Dangerous morning show to Breakfast Club. Charlamagne the God DJ India is off today. We got our special guest host Big Sue K ninety seven one in Memphis here this morning. Slew to the good brother Tia for pulling up and discussing that culture shifting classic album Trap Music that turns twenty this week. Or that full conversation will be up on Breakfast Club AM's YouTube page shortly. Now we got the room report coming, big suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta come in. Big salute to d Wade. Okay, yeah, being.
Speaker 16: This is the rumor report holding through the city with the radio flash the big suit.
Speaker 2: Amy say so, I take all the lot of pride and finally on the breakfast fluff and you're a radio Vectors radio. I would say that I'm definitely one.
Speaker 3: Of the one of the hardest works telling him what the bunness is? I now know where Taylor got that audio from. That's funny, all right. Shout out to d Wade. Inducted into the twenty twenty three class of the Nasmith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. UH ceremony took place Springfield, Massachusetts as the Symphony Hall, and d Wade accepted his award and he showed a lot of love and shared a really great story about his father.
Speaker 4: Cops.
Speaker 20: Would you please them? I started this off thanking you, and I want to end it the same way. I owe you a debt of gratitude that I'll never be able to repay. When I would cry and say I can't, you made me go harder. You pushed me the limits that I didn't know where inside of me. The hard work I put in was because I didn't want to let you down. That time you got kicked out of the game as my coach and snuck back in the side door and coached me from the stands Jess to get kicked out again. It showed me that there was no limitations on how you would show up for me to know we hustle all the way to the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: It's God's will.
Speaker 20: So Pops, I know your needs a little sore, but when you join me on stage as we take our rifle step into basketball heaven.
Speaker 2: This one right here, this one is for my father.
Speaker 1: I love you and I'm thankful for you. I love you too. Man wearing a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Dollar, I love that part. To all the supportive dads.
Speaker 1: Man dropping the clue bombs for Dwayne, I think it's Dwayne Tyrone Wade Senior and junior instant tied jerker. Okay, As a father, a black father, that's all I want.
Speaker 9: I just prayed it.
Speaker 1: I pull into my kids in that way, and they feel that way about me when they get older, and I pray I'm here to be honored and celebrated by them in that way, man, So salute to d Wade.
Speaker 2: Salutes to bone Thugs in Harmony.
Speaker 3: As we celebrated fifty years of hip hop on Friday, they were honored in Cleveland by having a street named after them.
Speaker 2: He's nine and nine.
Speaker 3: It's now adorned with the title bone Thugs in Harmony Way and the new street sign it was dope.
Speaker 2: They put a lot of money into it. It actually had a picture of them on it.
Speaker 1: And then somebody stole had Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody came and got it. Apparently there were two signs and they stole one of them.
Speaker 1: Dropping the clothes bombs for Cleveland. Okay, whoever did that is a huge bone Thugs in Hot But you know what they should do in situations like that, You make the screen sign right right, and if it's got designs and stuff.
Speaker 2: On it, make like, uh, I don't say a lock box, man, I don't even.
Speaker 1: Know what that is.
Speaker 9: Oh no, not.
Speaker 2: The pleas of glass like you see at the store.
Speaker 1: No, they should just make imitation signs to give the people, like when the people come out to wet the ceremony, just give them like replica. That's the word I'm looking for. Give them replicas of the sign. But I mean they probab wasn't thinking nobody was gonna steal it.
Speaker 3: But okay, okay, I've been to a few street namings, but typically it's just like the black sign with like the yellow around it.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, nobody's stealing that.
Speaker 1: That one was fire though. Yeah, well they had their pictures on it.
Speaker 2: Indeed.
Speaker 3: Also, we got Tiffany Hattish who's working on two new shows. According to the Hollywood Reporter, she is developing a documentary to focus on successful women who have long term relationships with homeless men.
Speaker 2: What right?
Speaker 1: What does that mean though? Like homeless homeless or like just people with no ambition and they ain't got no you know, no drive about them.
Speaker 3: No, I think homeless homeless because you know Tiffany, she's spoken about that at length, about how she's you know, spent some time being homeless.
Speaker 1: Well, there are some homeless sexual men out there who will just you know, sleep with you, have a roof over their head. But they're not homeless, right, They.
Speaker 2: Just showing up with a duffel bag.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 2: But she's also working on two so she's got that show.
Speaker 3: And then she's she's got one focusing on psychotherapist, author and lecturer Elliott Connie.
Speaker 1: Oh that's my god dropping boss for Elliot Connie Manuth, Elliot Coanyie. There is the thing I don't understand. I want to go back to the homeless. If you homeless and you dating a woman that can't even give you, you know, a room and board, what's the point of dating the woman?
Speaker 20: You know?
Speaker 2: That's what had me caught up. The successful woman who's in a long term relationship with a homeless man.
Speaker 1: Track how successful are you if the man is still homeless? And how does that man get on his feet?
Speaker 2: What happens after date night?
Speaker 1: Like you send him back to the streets. Literally, that's what happens. Jesus correct.
Speaker 2: He's just walking down in the morning. I babe, I'll see you later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tiffany, you got something next because I'm interested?
Speaker 2: Same here, that's the rumor report.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got Donkey of the Day up next four after the hour. Somebody's about to get the credit they deserve for being stupid. Man And yeah, his name is Judge Jeffrey Ferguson. He needs to come to the front of the congregation. We like to have a world with him. It's the world's most dangerous morning to show the breakfast club. I was born in Donkey.
Speaker 9: It's the Donkey of the Death.
Speaker 1: That Devil.
Speaker 9: Breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Yes, talky today from Monday, August fourteenth, goes to Judge Jeffrey Ferguson. I know it's Monday. I know we need to ease into the heaviness on the Monday, but there's no way to ease into this one. See, Jeffrey is accused of killing his wife during a drunken rage. Now, Jeffrey is a man who investigators discovered owned forty seven weapons, including the pistol used in the shooting, and more than twenty six thousand rounds of ammunition inside his home. Can't expect a person like that who owns that many weapons to have any conflict resolution skills that don't involve gunplay. Now, let me tell you Jeffrey is actually free. He was free to day later a day later after being taken into custody and posted a one million dollar bill. No need to play a game. I guess what race it is with this one?
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 1: In fact, prosecutors are seeking new bail conditions after arguing that all the weapons he had indicate that he could pose and risk the public safety as well as well as be a flight risk. They want him to surrender his passports, where an ankle monitor, and possess no alcohol or firearms ahead of this September first arrangement, Big sue, you tell me what race you think he is.
Speaker 2: Ah, I'm gonna go with Caucasian.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Caucasian. Okay, if he was black or brown, prosecutor wouldn't be seeking anything. They would have already done it all all right, weapons, confiscated passports, see, is probably no bail. But not only is he a white male, Like I said, he's a judge since twenty fifteen. So it's a lot of different privileges that play here. But that's not what we here for today, ladies, and gettlement of he Haw Missionary Baptists. We are here because Jeffrey, in spite of two alleged a missions, his defense attorneys maintained and his wife's death was the result of an accident and nothing more an accident. You say, well, this is remember I said, Jeffrey Ferguson had two admissions of guilt. Remember that. Okay, he had two emissions of guilt in this crime, and one of them is the reason he's getting donk here today. Let's go to ABY seven seven. What the hell did I just say? Let's go to ABC seven news for the report police.
Speaker 21: Today in Orange County, Judd seventy two year old Jeffrey Ferguson faces one count of murder for shooting and killing his wife, Cheryl, on August third. It started with a verbal argument at dinner with their adult son. According to the charging documents, that Ferguson was drunk and during a fight at the restaurant, made a gun gesture with his hand. Soon after, at home, his wife referenced that gesture, and the documents say moments prior to the shooting, she said something to the effect of why don't you point a real gun at me, and that he retrieved his pistol from his ankle holster and shot her. Their son called nine to one one, then, the document say, Ferguson texted his court clerk and bailiff to say, quote, I just lost it.
Speaker 2: I just shot my wife.
Speaker 21: I won't be in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I will be in custody. I'm so sorry. End quote.
Speaker 21: Anaheim police arrested him and investigators recovered forty seven weapons from the Anaheim Hills home, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, plus more than twenty six thousand rounds of ammunition, but prosecutors worry one rifle is still missing. Ferguson was booked on a one million dollar bail, which he posted the next day.
Speaker 1: I just shot my wife. I won't be in tomorrow when I hear stories like this. The only thing I want to know is what was he drinking? So I don't ever drink it. Okay, I'm just not this kind of drunk. At no point in my life have ever been you know that drunk. I'm not an angry drunk. I don't get drunk and want violence in any way, shape or form. I'm not a belligerent drunk that gets toasty and just says anything. I'm not a drunk that gets wasted and forgets what happened. I'm the type of drunk that gets happy, okay, wants to hug and love on everybody, start telling you how much I love and care about you. I'm not ever gonna get to the point where I'm so drunk I get so mad that I'm gonna pull out a gun. And shoot you even if you ask me to. Now that's the other part of this story we don't want to discuss, but we have to. Ladies. I'm telling y'all, wat should you say to these men out here? Okay, y'all claim we don't listen, but then y'all run into a man that is unstable and listens too.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Okay, when y'all say things like, boy, I wish you would put your hands on me, some men will hear you, hear you, and you know, grant you your wishes, and that's a lesson. His wife found out quick when she said, why don't you point a real gun at me? What a strange request and what a strange time for this man to decide he was gonna listen to his wife. Okay, why would you ever say something like that? A man that was caught with forty seven weapons and twenty six thou rounds of ammunition inside his home? What did you think that was for the play call of duty? That is a man that wants all the smoke and is ready for war, whether it's with you or Russia. Okay, when you got that many weapons, you can't wait to use them. But I could never imagine being so drunk and so angry at your wife that you shoot her dead over a meal, like you reenacting the Dyna scene in Belly. Not to mention, the judge said, I just lost it. I just shot my wife. I won't be in tomorrow. I will be in custody. I'm so sorry. What trips me out about this is he said I won't be in tomorrow. Not once did he feel like his job was his job was at risk. I would think that shooting your wife, dad is a letter of resignation, but not in Judge Jeffery's world. And Judge Jeffrey's world, he just won't be in tomorrow. He should be good for the day after. But tomorrow after just killing his wife. Nah, too soon? Okay? Oh to be white and privileged in America, that's the real wop. Okay, white and privilege. I kill your wife. It's only an accident, an accident that you only have to miss one day or work for and have it called by the media a shocking arrest that has left officials grappling with how to handle the case. That's how they's spinning it. Look, here's the thing. When a person commits a crime like this. They are no longer the person you knew. I don't care how celebrated Judge Jeffrey Ferguson was. I don't care about the awards he won. He killed his wife in a drunken rage. Handle him accordingly, and for him to say it was an accident, even though he admitted he did it twice. Let you know he lacks remorse and accountability for his actions as a judge. He would probably throw the book at someone who was handling a case like this, you know, if he was handling a case like this the way he was. So whatever judge you was on this case needs to do the same. Please let Remy mar give Judge Jeffrey Ferguson the biggest he huh.
Speaker 2: He ha he ha, you stupid motherfu are you dumb?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you something else though. Sometimes you get what you asked for when you get it cause you asked for it, you know.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 1: That's that's this is a horrible situation all the way around. Now, coming up, we have the Fearless Fund coming in. What's their name is Aleana Parson and Arian Simon. They are the founders of the Fearless Fund and they will be here with their legal representation, attorney Ben Crump, to tell you all about the Fearless Fund and what the fear is Fun is and why they're being attacked by anti affirmative action activists. Edward Braun, right, can we say whatever Broun is right now? You know what I wanted? Come on, tell me wherever Braun is. That's right, bt Peith, see you tomorrow. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: The breakfast Club. Think about this. Black women, Hispanic people, black people, women, all minorities want to make up four percent, Charlamagne and Envy.
Speaker 9: But because they.
Speaker 19: Get four percent, he said, oh, you're discriminating against white men, even though they got ninety six percent.
Speaker 9: Of all the trillions of dollars in Bent your Capital Fund.
Speaker 19: It is a frivolous attempt to prevent women from progress, to prevent women from having a seat at the table. As a father of a ten year old black girl, I look at what Arian and y'alla have raising one hundred million dollars Charlamagne and Envy to say that black women can have a seat at the table, that they can be entrepreneurs.
Speaker 9: That's the only way we're going to close the wealth gas.
Speaker 1: Right, I got four black daughters, So I love these what y'all are doing. Is it illegal for somebody to have a venture capitalist fund that's specific to a certain group.
Speaker 2: No, I mean listen.
Speaker 18: Our premise is that when you saw for the most marginalized, the most overlooked, the most underfunded, the most unsupported, that helps us all. We all know that there's a significant business case for diversity. Let's look at some of these numbers. Our thesis is around women of color. That's black, it's Hispanic, it's also Asian and Native American. And when you look at the percentage of the US population that these women make up, that's twenty percent. So make that math makes sense. How is it that they get less than zero point four percent of the funding? This is equity, that's what this is about. And it's economic freedom. So if we don't exist, who's gonna look out for us?
Speaker 1: That's right, who's gonna look out for it? So Edward is saying that y'all are practicing unlawful racial discrimination. Where's he even getting these accutations from.
Speaker 19: The intellectual justification of discrimination is rampant in America now after the last president and what the governor Florida are doing. I mean, they are saying that they're going to take back all the civil rights, whether it's voting, whether it's a police enforcement, whether it's equity.
Speaker 9: What they have done is a sea change in the system.
Speaker 19: Can you imagine these bold, courageous women saying that we're going to have a seat at the table.
Speaker 9: And guess what. They are women of color.
Speaker 19: And they're saying that if we have a bar all on them back, we can play the game just as good as y'all.
Speaker 9: And that's a threat to Edward Bloom.
Speaker 19: They don't want to see diversity have a chance at economic freedom. This case, Charlemagne and Envy is just as important as George Floyd or any.
Speaker 9: Other case out there. But we have to keep talking about these cases.
Speaker 19: And he rid the last case because it is talking about economic freedom for our people, and that is the most important thing we can give our children, especially our beautiful boys and girls.
Speaker 17: Now who is that with Edward Bloom For people that don't know, and why does he seem like he have a lot of power.
Speaker 19: You know, he is focused on trying to get rid of anything affirmative action. He started with higher education, now he's going to the venture capitalist field.
Speaker 9: After that, if he.
Speaker 19: Suc seasoned that, then minority business enterprise, he's coming there next. And then after that, he's coming to regular employees saying that anybody who was hired to try to have more diversity, any diversity, equity and inclusion, all of that is discriminatory and it's illegal. And we have to remember over and over again that these guys will stop at nothing to make sure that we are marginalized, that our children are marginalized, that our grandchildren are marginalized. So this is a war, and I am so proud to defend these two sisters who are leading the effort for economic freedom for our people. Edward Bloom was successful at the United States Supreme Court. He's embolden now, and so we gotta be embolden too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think people are paying attention like even you know, in Hollywood there was for diversity, equity and inclusion leaders who got fired within a weekend. I think they were all black women, if I'm not all black women. Yeah, And I feel like nobody even said a word about that.
Speaker 19: And so that's why I'm so happy we're on the breakfast club, because you know what you all are doing with this in the front page news. It's engaging our people, it's educating our people, and it's empowering our people.
Speaker 9: And I know there's a lot of things that are up feeling.
Speaker 19: I love what's going on in Motngoment and everything, but this is far more important when we talk about building generation of wealth and giving our people freedom.
Speaker 1: Forget this.
Speaker 19: You know when they talk about, oh, we want to have access, No, no, what we want is to have our money to be able to give to our children. And these quotes, these statistics that Arian and a y'alla talk about, they are so real.
Speaker 9: They talk about wealth gap.
Speaker 19: I think it's one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars average savings for white Americans. For Black Americans, they say it's about twenty three thousand dollars. We will never close that wealth gap unless we do something profound. Homeownership ain't gonna be enough. I'm suing Wells Fargo talking about homeownership. But the real way to close this economic gap is entrepreneurship. We owned our own businesses. That's what we can do to close this gap.
Speaker 9: Quickly.
Speaker 19: Think about all the rich people in the world. They didn't get rich from home ownership. They got rich because they owned businesses. And that's what the Aaron and the y'all are doing helping women of color. All women of color, say hold on, this grant is gonna help you come up with the next ring doorbell, I help you come up with the next sledded Vegan.
Speaker 9: Listen, I'm living proof.
Speaker 18: I mean my husband and I we founded co founded a company called yard Sick Management eleven years ago and it is the nation's leading black owned management consulting firm, not just black owned leading management consulting firm. We sold that company to private equity in January. They tucked it into another company, but that enabled the very economic freedom that we're talking about. And I got an eleven year old black daughter, a four year old black daughter. My eleven year old, she says, Mom, I've been a chief of staff since they won. Imagine how we're empowering these young people through this work.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we got more. With Attorney Ben Trump and Ayana Parson and Arian Simone, we are talking to feel is fun and why they are being attacked by anti affirmative action activists. Edward Brown, it's the world's most dangerous wanting to short to Breakfast that's the world most dangerous wanting short to breakfast club. Charlamage and the god dj Envy is off the day and we're talking to Ayana Parson and Arian Simone. They are the founders of the Feel Is Fun. They're here with their legal representation, attorney Ben Trump, and they're talking to us about why they are being attacked by anti affirmative action activists. Edward Brun question, was there particular moment that got you on these people's radar? Like was it somebody all invested in?
Speaker 9: Like what was it?
Speaker 19: Can I say this for the answer that they asked that question over and over again? Why would Bloom pick these black women? And you know what I think it is Charlemagne he thought that they would be the easiest ones to pick off. And oh brother, he picked the wrong sisters, because these sisters are cut from the same cloth as Harriet Tudman, as Eleanor Roosevelt, as Correta Scott King, as Rose of Parks. I mean, I think about Ruth bader Ginsburg where she was trying to do when she talked about empowering women and saying women to have a right to be at the table, and you got four daughters, my black daughter, and I.
Speaker 1: Think about them with a black woman too. That's very important to say, four beautiful black daughters with a beautiful black woman.
Speaker 19: It is so important, though, y'all because I think about Christine Simmons and the Academy Awards, how they dismissed those four women of color.
Speaker 9: They are coming after us on every front.
Speaker 19: And we better wake up and get ready to stay up late at night and get up early in the morning to fight these enemies of equality. We have to make sure that our children are more intelligent than those who will seek to oppress them.
Speaker 1: So what can people do to help?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 17: You know, because I was about to go I was gonna ask, you know, because you know, people are lining up with their folding chairs if you need them, we're throwing off.
Speaker 1: We don't find it, don't forget. But you know, what can people do to help? Like, how can they support?
Speaker 2: Yes, people can go to www.
Speaker 18: Dot Fearless Freedom Now dot org again, that's www. Dot Fearless Freedom Now dot org. They can sign the petition, they can support our grant programs, they can invest in the fund. They can attend our venture capital summit that's coming up August eighteen. Yes and yes, and you've spoken at it before. They can support in those ways. So the website has every way that you can mobilize support us. We will have even more information coming out. We even are developing a legislative ask for this. I'm like, if you want to use the law against us, we need to find somewhere laws to protect us.
Speaker 19: Right, they got to be something, right, there are a lot of laws that protect you. Got to think about their strategy. Nineteen eighty one law that he's bringing was the law created after the Civil War to ensure that African Americans could enter into contracts, and it specifically says can enter into contracts and that with white people and so forth. So he's reversed that now to say, oh, no, no, no, you can't use race in any regards to in and in contracts. So they're trying to use the words that were supposed to be able to give us liberation and economic freedom to oppress us. And so we have to also be strategic. We also have to be mind boggling and attack them. They try to attack us at what's supposed to be our strengths. So when you think about a Charlemagne and envy and we work with a great lawyers, great legal team. You heard Ayana talk about all these funds that only give to white men. Now, can we use this same analogy that they're trying to sue these sisters and say, okay, what's good for the geese, It's good for the gander.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't know why we just throwing label it what it is. They're trying to stop black progress all across the board.
Speaker 2: It's not just black progress.
Speaker 18: So we talk about the racial piece, but let's include the intersectionality because we are women and white women have benefited from re furnive actions the most. This is all of our fight because he is going after anything related to marginalized communities. So guess what if you're an athlete and you got a contract, you need to think about that the.
Speaker 1: Hip hop artists.
Speaker 19: You talking about the contracts with the hip hop artists. You know this nineteen eighty one is the right for black people down the contracts. And we have used these laws for decades now to say diversity, equit inclusion is important, and it has been really good. After Jeosh Floyd, when you think about the fact that a lot of corporations stepped up to the tape and say we're gonna do business with diverse groups. Now with lawsuits like this, it gives a chilling effect because they're talking about suing corporations who will invest in the Fearless Fund and groups like that there. But also you got to think even deeper, Charlamagne, think about the corporations who say I'm gonna invest in HBCUs. Is he next gonna say, ah, that's discriminatory because you chose them because they were a black college.
Speaker 9: I mean, this opens Pandora's box.
Speaker 19: And that's why we have to stop him on this because if you don't stop him now, I mean, it's open season on all of us.
Speaker 18: Well women's institutions, the Smith colleges of the world that also give out you know, internships, are they gonna now challenge that in employment because of it?
Speaker 2: I mean it is much bigger than ugh.
Speaker 19: All these companies who did business with you know, I keep thinking about fifty years of hip hop or how hip hop has changed America. All of these deals are done because they're saying, hey, we can get a toofer, we can get to a young audience that falls hip hop, and we can check the diversity, equity and Inclusion box. So now if this lawsuit is successful, they then start to say, well, we don't have to do that because they said it ain't involved, no more to do that. And more important, they said, legally we got an excuse not to fund the verse marginalized groups. And so this lawsuit is so critically important and I hope that all the people out there listening to the Breakfast Club will go on the Fearless Fun website and learn.
Speaker 9: What the mission is.
Speaker 19: It is about trying to give economic freedom to marginalize people, especially women of color.
Speaker 1: I love that name. Can you tell them that what that means? Fearless Fun. It means exactly what it says.
Speaker 18: As a Christian woman, as a blue I believe that God doesn't give us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind. And I believe that we are to operate in the spirit of fearlessness and the spirit of boldness. I believe that our confidence is really rewarded. So that's exactly what it means.
Speaker 1: I think God called you all for a time like this. That's right, Yeah, we're giving the information one more time for people listening.
Speaker 18: You can go to www dot Fearless Freedom Now dot org to learn more.
Speaker 1: About our fight.
Speaker 17: All right, well, thank you so much for joining us. Anytime you guys in town, you need to come up here. Tourney Benjamin come. You know you got the online number.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 4: It'sakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's the world goo thing this morning. Short of Breakfast Club, Charlamage, the god dj MBA is off the day, but we got our special guest host, Big Sue. What uh what up? Big Sue K ninety seven to one in Memphis and it's time for the rum Report.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we got Drake making a request from the ladies.
Speaker 16: This is the Rumor Report falling through the city with the radio. Don't flash the Big.
Speaker 2: Suit a same name.
Speaker 9: So I take a lot of fight and.
Speaker 2: Finally on the breakfast clubs and you a radio Reculus Radio. I would say that definitely one of.
Speaker 16: The hardest works.
Speaker 2: Tell him what the business is?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 9: First?
Speaker 3: Thanks, First, it's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that the godfather of black music clerics Avent, has passed away.
Speaker 2: Man Clarence Vat.
Speaker 3: His family has just confirmed that the legend passed away gently at his home in La yesterday at the age of ninety two.
Speaker 1: Man rps to the Black Godfather, Clarence Avont Man, North Carolina's own. If you know anything about me, you know that's one of my idols in the entertainment industry. He's the all time leader and assists in this business. He lived a long, prosperous life though ninety two years old.
Speaker 2: Truly.
Speaker 3: Also, we have another passing to announce. Robert Magoo passed away at the age of fifty. That is way too young to go, incredibly young.
Speaker 1: The Magoo and his family. When I people give me some instru mental or something, many we you feel like we're doing a moment of silence. Oh Lord at mercy. But yes, when I hear people pass at that age, I immediately want to know how right. I immediately want to know how.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say that the cause of death is still you know, unknown or rest in peace.
Speaker 1: To Magou passing away at fifty, Rest in peace to Clarence Avon at ninety two. That's why I say, y'all can call people old all y'all want. I want all my years. I can't wait to get the ninety.
Speaker 2: Two okay, and the stories will tell.
Speaker 1: And I want to send healing energy to Clarence Avon's family too, because I was I was literally just texting what as a beautiful dot in the cole this weekend because I just started reading her her new book, which I'm holding up right now. I think you'll be happy. And ironically her book is actually about how to move through grief really because you know, Queen Jaquline Avant was taking from us a couple of years ago, so it's about dealing with that. And now you know, brother Clarence is gone, So definitely sending healing energy to you.
Speaker 2: And Nicole agreed.
Speaker 3: We've got Drake in the rumor report since it's all a blur tour kicked off. Throwing bras on stage has become a stable for the fans, and so while Drake was performing at the Key of Form in Englewood, a broad landed on stage and instead of embracing it as he usually does, he kicked it off the stage told the crowd to throwing bras wasn't an option at his this show in particular, YE.
Speaker 9: Can't talk about it because my son is at the show for the first time. So I'll keep keep your.
Speaker 2: Bras off, keep your bras on.
Speaker 1: I respect that, Okay, I respect that. When all you men with TD's going to start flashing Drake at these shows, don't feel.
Speaker 2: Just pull him up, shake him one good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't be left out, brothers, Okay, show him what you're working with.
Speaker 2: It looks like it wasn't all fun and games though.
Speaker 3: At the LA show, he had to check a male fan for getting aggressive with a female fan after Drake threw his talent into the stands. Can you imagine fighting, No, a man fighting a woman over Drake's towel at the show?
Speaker 1: First of all, why do you want why does anybody want drake sweaty towel? Anybody sweaty towel? Yeah, anybody sweaty towel? Why would you want a sweaty towel? And why would you be trying to fight it out of a woman's hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I keep telling y'all men a bigger groupies than women.
Speaker 2: I believe that absolutely.
Speaker 3: Drake was obviously disturbed by what was going on, turned back to you know, kind of check, oh boy, and he says, I'm gonna send someone up there. Then the video it's kind of in the audios just a little, but that's what he says in it. Last, but not least, Man, I found this real creepy TikTok ai page. It's getting a lot of attention for eerie AI generated posts. Right true to life page on TikTok it's using AI to make videos of dead celebrities detailing stories of.
Speaker 2: Their own death.
Speaker 1: Why would you listen to that? Big?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I watched you. I watched you. I watched the Michael Jackson one.
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Oh you got audio?
Speaker 1: I'm throwing it in. Are you like my father's son? Well, damn it? Any we waiting?
Speaker 22: My name is Michael Joseph Jackson. The time of my death, I had been preparing for my tour for leaving rehearsals. I arrived home around twelve thirty am on June twenty fifth. Through the night, over the course of ten hours, I had trouble falling asleep, and with my consent, my doctor administered propofall and empty anxiety medicine at ten forty am. Minutes later, I was found unresponsive because it administered CPR.
Speaker 1: How I'm good, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that page who's already posted stories, Michael Jackson, take off, Selena p and b Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm cool on that. That is not something that we need because you know, that's that's that's our entertainment, but that's other people's trump absolutely. I mean you think the family of the people who passed away one hear that?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: Come on, Manna, and that's the rumor report.
Speaker 1: No, god, dang, got my shoulder, Hitchen Big Sue, look at Mercy. We got the People's Choice Mix coming up next, even though Envy's not here, So I don't even know why we are doing this at this point. You're about to play the People's Choice Mix, where you want me to lie to everybody and tell him that were taking request right now when Envy's not here. Oh my god, one hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. If you have a request for djmv's People's Choice Mix, even though he's not here and the mix is clearly prerecorded, it's the world's most Dangerous morning show to Breakfast Club. That it's the world most dangerous morning show to Breakfast Club. Charlamagne the God DJ Envy is off to day, but our special guest co host was Big Sue from K ninety seven one in Memphis. What up, Big Sue?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 2: Man? I enjoyed it. I had fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it's Monday. Yeah, so it's always tough to hit the ground running on a Monday. This is true, you know what I mean, especially if you're not a morning person. Because I am a morning person and I still don't like Mondays at all. So what's if you do? In Memphis? Mix?
Speaker 2: I'm on Saturdays. Tend to three in the three?
Speaker 1: Okay? How is Memphis?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I ain't been to Memphis in a while.
Speaker 3: Man, MEMPHISI is good. Memphisis memphisis is good. It's tough right now, but it's still memphisis home.
Speaker 1: Does it feel like the hip hop hub?
Speaker 2: It is? It absolutely does?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 3: Okay, it does for everybody who's really broken through, there's like another wave of artists.
Speaker 1: Ready. Who should we should be looking up for?
Speaker 2: Man, everybody you should be looking at everybody wrapping down?
Speaker 1: I'm sure, I'm almost I can see it. I can see it. When we come back. We got the positive note.
Speaker 9: Oh you know what?
Speaker 1: Do I want to salute everybody who came out to my back to school drive and fish Fry this weekend in Monks Corner, South Carolina. You know, it was my eighth annual back to school drive in fish Fry. I do it every year in my hometown in mont Corner, South Carolina. Man, so salute to everybody that was able to come out, get a haircut, get a book bag, get some school supplies, get some free fish. You know, there's nothing more I love than being of service. So salute everybody in Monst Corner, South Carolina. Sleuthed my people's third eye Awareness. Salute the Walmart local Walmart and Moss Corner. They supplied some school supplies. So thank you. Thank you to the Berkeley High School Junior ROTC for helping us out as well. And just you know, thank you, thank you everybody that helps make my events back home a success. All right, and we come back. We got the positive note. It's the Breakfast Club one five to one, the home of the Breakfast Club and Angie Martinez. And speaking of Angie Martinez, salutor Angie Ma Angie Mars Barbecue is this weekend. So you can go to Power one five to one FM dot com to get your tickets to Angie Martinez Is Barbecue That's how you know this. Some are about to be over. When Angie Martinez does her barbecue, that is a sign that the summer is about to be over. So one last thrill of the summer is Angie Martinez is barbecue Man. So go to power one five one fm dot com to get your tickets. Now, we got way up with ye with Angel Lee. Coming up next, it's the World's Most Dangerous Mornings to the Breafast Club see tomorrow.