Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Brooke and Jeffrey Podcast.
Speaker 2: And did you guys know we have listeners in Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy. Wait, those actually all have super hot men, don't they. Actually, if you're listening from their DM me after this, k after you hear the full shower. I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 3: Remember when Pete Davidson was first starting to date all those big A listers.
Speaker 1: There be so excited about that.
Speaker 4: Jake Wingman, Pete Davidson actually but yeah, Kate Back and Sale Kim k And when that was happening, everybody was desperately trying to explain it, like, yeah, how in the world is this guy with her?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 1: She was like, he's just hot.
Speaker 7: I don't get it either.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being Pete Davidson and seeing all those headlines.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with me?
Speaker 1: I'll give me some credit, man, But we were given.
Speaker 3: The term big d energy. Now there's a new word everybody on TikTok is using to describe that guy who isn't your typical type. But for some reason you can't explain it. You get all hot and flustered by him.
Speaker 1: Who is it? What do we call them.
Speaker 3: It's called the RIZ.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you guys heard of that's charisma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. That sounds like a Broadway musical by Lin Manuel Miranda.
Speaker 8: Amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brook said it. It's short for charisma, and Urban Dictionary defines it as the quality of attracting women without even trying. You're just that guy everyone knows has the suavest personality, the most charm in the room. Yeah, people like Pedro Pascal. He's got the ribs, he's got a great.
Speaker 1: Wants him to take his shirt off constantly.
Speaker 3: Mick Jagger riddled with something book caught the RIZ actually twelve times in college. Luckily they had annointment at the time.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I'm just happy you said in college instead of with the I don't know why I took that as a positive.
Speaker 3: At least they had a cure. Another cure for the RIZ is the shock collar question of the day, and we're going to give it over to somebody who's oozing dripping with riz.
Speaker 5: Jake.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Jake.
Speaker 9: I want everyone to unclench your jaws, uncross your legs, and let my calming voice sweep over you like a tiny rumba for your soul. Because today is National Relaxation Day, why don't we just kick back, take a load off, and try not to think about how you're going to be painfully electrocuted if you get these trivia questions wrong during an extra soothing one and done, stress free fun shot colored.
Speaker 3: Question of the day you start with Jeffrey.
Speaker 9: Jeffrey, San Diego International Airport has a dedicated space just for relaxing while waiting for your flight. What's in this room? Is it a vibration neutral room which is free from noises and visuals common in the airport. Is it a meditation room decorated with art for quiet reflection, or is it a virtual reality spa all the comforts of a real spa just in headset form.
Speaker 3: Whoa, I feel like a giant man is massaging my shoulders.
Speaker 1: Take the headset off, jeff, I think it's actually just a weirdo in the airport.
Speaker 3: He thought about eucalyptus leaves on my eyes. It was just his wet nap that he tossed away.
Speaker 1: I think I tossed the headsets out, I mean just after.
Speaker 3: It doesn't sound relaxing at all. Yeah, the dark room, though, the like the vibration neutral. Vibration neutral, no sounds, no visuals. That would make my hookups at the airport way easier.
Speaker 1: Your hookups have no sound.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying it'd be nice to do it in a dark place. Oh okay, still in the middle of the airport romantic. I'm gonna go with vibration neutral, Jeffrey said. Vibration neutral.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 3: San Diego has a meditation room.
Speaker 9: Very simple. We're over one Alexis. In Japan, there's a practice called chin rin yoku that is a preventative health care method based and relaxation. What does chinrin yoku translate to? Is it a forest bathing b stream yoga or c mountain hugging.
Speaker 2: Stream yoga like you stand in a water stream and like a paddle board yoga.
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 10: That's true dream.
Speaker 7: The sound of streams is very relaxing, So that's good.
Speaker 9: You know, treage and white river yoga.
Speaker 8: Four.
Speaker 3: The forest thrusting sounded kind of good to meet bathing force bathing. Don't go with that one. Are the neutral room, jeff is just head stupy do that?
Speaker 2: The sound of streams like that's on every little calming sound thing ever, I'm gonna go with that one.
Speaker 3: Jake Alexa said stream yoga.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 9: It was forest bathing. As you walk in silence amongst the trees, you're encouraged to stop, sit and look up at all around yourself and all the beauty the forest gives. No actual bathing takes place.
Speaker 3: Just like our camping trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there wasn't a lot of calm and quiet. A lot of you guys complaining.
Speaker 3: Jo your question.
Speaker 9: In the United States, meditation is the second most popular mind and body practice. I didn't know that which is first? Is it a visiting a chiropractor? B acupuncture or see massage therapy?
Speaker 7: Ooom man, I love watching chiropractic video.
Speaker 1: Is a chiropractor comment that all I don't know it is so no racket.
Speaker 8: It's doesn't get it.
Speaker 1: It will freaks me out.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: As a crack addict, which is what we're called, I don't even want to pitch all the YouTube cams and I follow. But I do agree with Brooke that not everyone feels like I do about this, like it's relaxing and calming. I do feel like it's stressful. I feel like everyone, though, can be excited for a relaxing massage, So I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 9: Massage, Jose said, massage therapy. That is incorrect. It is visiting a chiropractice relaxing just ahead of meditation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's so bad.
Speaker 9: We're zero for three, Brook, it's year turn to save the group, all right. Fika is a relaxation practice from Sweden that helps you get in the proper state of mind.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: What does fica translate to? Is it pickled herring and tea, meatballs and wine or cake and coffee.
Speaker 1: God, I would love to sit down with meatballs and wine. Yeah, I mean, but I think Jake's trying to trick me. He just picked two things he knew I would like and.
Speaker 3: Put it in the middle.
Speaker 1: I think it would be more calming though, and more of like, I'm just thinking of what would feel like self care to me, and that would be cake and coffee. That sounds lovely.
Speaker 3: Broke went with cake and coffee.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 9: Speak as a cake and coffee break and encourages slowing down and enjoying your moments of peace while sharing food with your friends.
Speaker 3: Yes, like Brook in the break from hugging a cake.
Speaker 5: This is my.
Speaker 3: Straightway.
Speaker 1: It's actually costco said.
Speaker 3: Okay, Book's the only one who got hearts right, and so the rest of us are gonna get shocked.
Speaker 1: Somebody wanted to you're still with me?
Speaker 3: Somebody wanted to hear I'm blue by Iifel sixty.
Speaker 1: How is that relaxing?
Speaker 3: It's not Yes, I'm blue, Indeed, I haven't died. Indeed, I haven't died. Indeed, it's your shot collar question of the.
Speaker 6: Day, frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to think there's people among us who secretly are living a double life.
Speaker 11: That is wild.
Speaker 3: You think you know them, but you have no idea what they're really capable of. When they go home behind closed doors. Like Alexis, you probably assume, Oh, she just leaves the radio station every day, gets her hair done, and stumbles into whatever the closest happy hour is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, stumbles, Sure, is that it?
Speaker 3: But no, she actually goes to her other job in a state of the art science lab running analytics on parasitic bionodes to unlock cures for rare diseases across.
Speaker 1: The glam Really is I know.
Speaker 3: It almost sounds made up. It's too good to be true.
Speaker 1: Shine Time, He's the legally blonde.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying you never know. But we have a guy on the phone who learned a deep family secret about his own grandpa, who was living a double life. And it all started when he was randomly watching TV one night and saw something crazy on the screen. It's not that you're gonna hear the story in a brand new mass speaker coming up.
Speaker 5: Concession I can't take back all arms.
Speaker 3: Speaker sext the seven eight five nine two says, when I was six, I used to strip down completely naked, crawl inside my pillowcase and force myself out, pretending I was a baby being born. Not just once, I did this several times. I know I was a weird kid.
Speaker 1: I just say, you had a bigger grasp of how babies are born than any other kid that I've ever met.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to pretend my pillow case was my girlfriend and it was hot until we got into this big fight one night, and then she dumped me and left me for my lamp. Wow, and then they would look up in front of me.
Speaker 1: I feel like this was only like five years ago.
Speaker 3: It still hurts a little bit. Yeah, very disrespectful. I'm sorry, but the segment isn't about me and my healthy past. This is about the listeners and their past, letting them share it during the mass speaker. We've got a guy who wants to unpack his secret pillow in front of everybody. He wants to go by Kevin today. So Kevin, what's up? Welcome to show many what's going on?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to be reborn?
Speaker 8: Kevin?
Speaker 3: All right, let's do. We got the voice changer on. You're the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 5: All right, When I was years old, right, I stay with my grandparents and it was way out, I mean way out the bullies like little house on the prairie. I mean it was rural. I mean chickens, goats, pig they had live stocks to what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they had to working is what they probably had to do, and out there right you know.
Speaker 5: To me, it wasn't work at that time because I was a little kid. It was like being at the zoo and helping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so fun exactly.
Speaker 5: Because I was out there in the summertime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 5: And they loved having me out there. That was the cool thing about They loved having me. I used to explore the woods, you know, climb trees.
Speaker 3: Grandparents are so weird. They always love having those little kids around because.
Speaker 1: They can give them back. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they could just spoil them and say, yes, awesome.
Speaker 5: Exactly, load us up with sugar and send us on the way home. I'll tell you the thing that I really liked is we used to eat dinner together like a family every night, same time and watch TV at the same time. My parents would never let me do that.
Speaker 1: They would let Dinny.
Speaker 3: TV is your dinner.
Speaker 5: So check this out right. One night, I'm watching the show, We're all watching it together, and I'm swearing. Right in front of me, I see a flash of what looks to be my grandpa's face right there on TV.
Speaker 1: Are you guys watching the local news? I mean old people love that.
Speaker 5: I don't know what we were watching. I just showed up. His face shows up. My grandma jumps up Pursy TV channel immediately, so we're not watching that time go to bit. I'm like, what the hell would changes was that Grandpa? Don't know? That was just somebody that looked a lot like Grandpa. That wasn't really him.
Speaker 3: Her behavior though, that's so odd.
Speaker 7: The fact that she jumped to change the channels.
Speaker 5: I've never seen her move that that. Didn't think much about it until like years later, so they don't have this weird kind of memory like a day's avoo. But I realized I've been watching America's Most warn.
Speaker 7: I thought it was just favorite programs.
Speaker 1: Your grandpa was a wanted criminal.
Speaker 5: That's when I found out he used to work for the mob mob.
Speaker 3: I wonder he lives in the Boonies.
Speaker 1: It probably hid the bodies or fed him to the pigs.
Speaker 5: Fed.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Wow, that's dark.
Speaker 1: Well that's what you should do.
Speaker 3: Brook knows this information. She lived out in the Boonies too. He went right to yeah, well.
Speaker 1: You know, no, like he was part of the mob, like the mafia.
Speaker 5: They were super nice to me. I didn't know anything about it, and they made grape bacon. I can tell you that.
Speaker 7: I wondered why I had like a million uncles like uncle tight lips and he doesn't talk.
Speaker 1: He wore this like pinky diamond ring.
Speaker 3: And when they did chores around the house, I always wanted to make cement shoes very artistic.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Did he ever get caught.
Speaker 5: I could never ask anybody about it. I was curious of the same thing myself. I'm like, what did you do that kind of thing? I didn't have anybody I could talk to about it, so I just did some of my old research. I found out Grandpa actually changed his name relocated out there in the middle of nowhere. So yeah, I mean he was a super nice guy. But he passed away a few years ago.
Speaker 3: Super nice mob guy.
Speaker 1: I killed a couple, but not directly, and somebody else do it for him.
Speaker 5: The cool thing was, sometimes at night, I'll actually, this is stupid. I will google his wanted poster and just look at him and think about the guy that I do. He was just he was my grandpa, you know. That's why I knew.
Speaker 7: Rather we just cooked the books or something.
Speaker 1: You want him on your side, so heaven, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Mass speaker that.
Speaker 1: Hey, gotta love him.
Speaker 3: If you have a confession holding on to we can hyd your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone TAP's coming.
Speaker 6: Up next week, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Today, we call a woman who manages a high end senior living facility and she's been stressed because the events coordinator has been out, and that means she's been the one hiring people every other day to come in to entertain the old folks. Now, most of the time she meets them face to face before, but this week she took a recommendation from a coworker, and that recommendation was for none other than the guy who danced with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers himself. Oh, the Alan winter Oh see how it goes in your phone? Tap right now, it's another.
Speaker 8: On the Twenties.
Speaker 5: Estate Senior Living facility.
Speaker 10: This is Emily Hello.
Speaker 12: Hello, Yes, my name is Alan Winterbottom. I'm supposed to be there on Friday for the bingo game. I'm at the special guest reader for the numbers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Randall said you would be calling.
Speaker 11: U's nice to talk to you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's nice to talk to you. You're You've got a nice pretty voice there.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 12: You sound like the Wettiners we hired in the seventies for our daughter. She was she was a real looker, knew how to boil my cabbage.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 10: I yeah, normally I meet with someone in person before we hire them, but I'm.
Speaker 12: Sorry to interrupt you. I was wondering, have you checked out my rider yet?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: Or what my rider?
Speaker 12: I have a requirement that I need to get up and entertain the crowd before the bingo game starts.
Speaker 10: Okay, I've never had anybody send that over, So what is it?
Speaker 12: I guess I could tell you, But how about I just show you?
Speaker 11: How are you gonna show me?
Speaker 3: Let me just get out the old walkman over here.
Speaker 12: Okay, here we go. This is an Allen winter Bottom one time exclusive. Oh yeah, you feel that, mama, take your dentures out for this one, ladies, Allen's going hardcore.
Speaker 8: Let me see.
Speaker 12: Oh now is it worth it? Let me work you to put my thing down, flip it and reverse.
Speaker 11: You can get him and.
Speaker 3: You excuse me?
Speaker 12: You interrupted me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like I was really starting to flow.
Speaker 10: I don't think that we can play that song at our senior living facility.
Speaker 3: You can't, but I can't. I got my walkman.
Speaker 11: Just plug it in, I know, but I can't. I can't allow it.
Speaker 12: If you got a big let me search you to find out how hard it kind of work. S Chip, he.
Speaker 3: Come up.
Speaker 11: Sorry, I'm gonna I'm gonna have to cut you off.
Speaker 13: You're sure, what do you understand?
Speaker 10: This is a senior living facility. Like most people here are eighty and ninety years old, they don't need to hear it.
Speaker 12: And we're not dead. We still know how to get funky with it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm sure you can't wait for us to all kick the bucket and get us off your hands.
Speaker 13: That is such an inappropriate comment.
Speaker 12: Actually, it's funny. That was the title of my first album, Kick the Bucket with Alan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Me and Snoop Deal double G.
Speaker 13: I doubt you know Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: You know it's it's not the Snoop dog that you know.
Speaker 12: It's the guy who used to write the Snoopy comic him and I year old old Buddy's.
Speaker 11: Back in greats.
Speaker 13: No, I don't care like I am trying to get somebody to co entertain our people.
Speaker 3: One entertainment. You haven't even heard the third verse yet.
Speaker 12: You don't go down there?
Speaker 3: You will, won't you? You go downtown need and like a vulture.
Speaker 12: You know what that means.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately, Joe know what that means.
Speaker 3: Can you explain it to me? Because I feel weird when I sing that part.
Speaker 10: I don't think we need to talk about that I'm gonna have to speak to Randall about this. He recommended you.
Speaker 9: No, he recommends me.
Speaker 3: He didn't recommend me.
Speaker 12: He recommended you or a prank phone call on the radio.
Speaker 5: Wait, what.
Speaker 12: Is a prank phone on you?
Speaker 3: Do you get it?
Speaker 12: I worked it and it was worth it. I put your thing down and pranked it and then reversed it on the radio.
Speaker 3: So this is my real name is jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. We're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 10: Oh my god.
Speaker 13: I was genuinely scared.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to do it to you. Then Randall set you up because he said, you've been really stressed. Since you guys don't have an event courting and you're over there, everything's been on your plate instead.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I am back to doing bingo.
Speaker 10: I'm just really glad this person's not showing up.
Speaker 12: Because you'd want him to go downtown like a vulture.
Speaker 10: Huh. That was yeah, very interesting.
Speaker 6: Wake up Every morning was fu tap weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: How early is too early to quit your job?
Speaker 1: Don't ask me. I've only been here eighty six years.
Speaker 3: Technical Director Ashton wanted me to ask it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no way, you're staying around.
Speaker 3: All right here, You're stuck here.
Speaker 5: But no.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners emailed saying he's ready to fully walk away from his job after just one day at the office.
Speaker 8: It was that.
Speaker 1: Bad, and they say people don't want to work anymore Joe.
Speaker 6: But I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Quitting isn't the big problem for him. The real issue is that walking away could ruin his friend's life forever. WHOA, We're going to hear why and see if we can help in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 8: Next, it's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: There's certain milestone days you'll look back on and remember for the rest of your life. The day you get married, sure, the day your first born child comes, Oh my god, the second and third one no one.
Speaker 1: Really cares, but of course they do.
Speaker 3: Then of course, the day you die. You won't forget that one for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: My grandmother saying was always dying forget it all.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: That's a wise woman. But another moment that gets seared into your brain is your first day at a real professional job, and one of our listeners vividly remembers their first day at the real job because it just happened yesterday. Oh wowow, and they're already having issues.
Speaker 1: That was quick.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to Freddy about it. Freddie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hey guys, how's it going.
Speaker 1: So is this your first full time job or you working part time?
Speaker 11: Freddy, this is my first full time, my first profession of my first adult, forty hour week job.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to say congratulations, but it sounds like you're having problems.
Speaker 1: You realize that it sucks. Supplies. It took you twenty four hours.
Speaker 11: I mean it took me far less. I mean within the first hour. It was awful. I knew immediately like this was a terrible decision.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, wait, back up a little bit. What where are you work it, I guess is where we should start.
Speaker 11: So I went to school for marketing, so it's like a kind of an entry level marketing position. I guess. Let's say that so like office work.
Speaker 3: I'm not really sure what goes into marketing at all. I'm gonna be honest, but uh, it sounds fancy.
Speaker 1: Do we even have a marketing team here?
Speaker 3: No idea.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how alexis. You're the expert. What are you saying for us? Yeah? Go to market? Close?
Speaker 1: Ye, don't figure it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like this little piggy went to market. Yeah, okay, market Are we close? Freddy?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I guess, I guess. I mean again, this is my first kind of standard.
Speaker 3: I guess it doesn't even know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's kind of like major in communications, isn't it. I also did that vegue vague.
Speaker 3: Okay, is our marketing department is?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Tell us why you didn't enjoy your first day in marketing?
Speaker 11: I don't know. It's just isolating. It's kind of suffocating. I thought it was going to be more like you know, writers group and brainstorming. But I'm just in the sterile office. Nobody really speaks anyone else. It's just uh, it's just awful, just awful.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, I mean you're getting way ahead of yourself. You were there one day.
Speaker 11: And that's all it took. I mean when I'm I mean the boss, they were like, oh, you know, like a coworker made a comment like, hey, here comes. I won't say his name. And he just walked completely by. I mean, I'm a brand new employee. There is no meet and greet.
Speaker 1: Oh you wanted more fanfare? Bye? See?
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably more camaraderie.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, something acceptance. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Brooke did have a good point. Why not give it just a little bit longer?
Speaker 1: I feel like everything takes at least a year to really know. Yeah, you already took the job. It's gonna look terrible on your resume if you quit after a day. How are you gonna put it all in?
Speaker 3: No, maybe not a whole year, give it like a week.
Speaker 11: I just have really, I just have good instincts about these things.
Speaker 1: Like how do you have good instincts when you've never done it before.
Speaker 11: I can just pick up vibes of like this is not the best fit for both of us. Also, like I don't want them to waste even more time on training me if I if I know already this is not a good fit.
Speaker 1: Okay, that part I could see. Yeah, that's I don't know about that, but it's valid. So what are you wanting to do? You're wanting us to help you quit after one day?
Speaker 3: Who are we calling?
Speaker 11: So the other side of this is my friend, one of my closest friends, Sloan hooked me up with this job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone actually went and recommended you, vouched for you.
Speaker 11: Yes, and she's been there quite some time.
Speaker 3: You have to stay there for at least ten years now.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just has a favorite Sloan.
Speaker 11: I mean, I know, like that's a difficult situation, but I feel like, because she did so much for me, I need to let her know before I either duck out or I don't even want to put it in two weeks, but I need to let her know for it.
Speaker 1: Want you to want you around. You don't know how to do anything.
Speaker 7: It's worse if he has two weeks on his resume rather than just like I worked a half a day.
Speaker 1: This is so bad.
Speaker 11: That's why I need your help. Like, I don't really so much care about this job. I mean, job's probably a diamond dozen, but I care about this friendship. I don't want to ruin that over there.
Speaker 3: Maybe she has another job that she worked at before that she could recommend you for it. That'd be a better fit.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're going to hit up Sloan anymore for a job wreck. Yeah, I think that's the end of that.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll just stick with the basics and come back and call Sloan and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to tell her I'm quitting after one day on the job that you recommended me for. Yeah, all right, you're to the point, and we're still going to make sure that you and Sloan are best friends even after this conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be like second tier.
Speaker 7: Yeah no, I think you may sleep on her couch for a little bit if he doesn't have a job.
Speaker 3: They're going to have new friendship necklaces that they're going to mint as soon as this call is over. That is our goal. It's going and I believe in you to come up with good advice for We're going to do it with your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 8: Next, it's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: Fun fact, when I first started working here, I tried to quit on day one, really, but Brooke came to me with tears.
Speaker 8: In her eyes.
Speaker 3: Did I And she grabbed me by my bicep and stroked my chest and she begged me not to leave. Why Because the printer was broken again and she needed somebody to fix it so she could print off eight by ten glossy headshots of herself and sell them to underprivileged children for forty dollars a pop.
Speaker 1: It's like charity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but one of our listeners, Freddie, is also ready to throw in the towel on day one at his office job, but out of respect, he wants to tell his friend Sloan, who recommended him for the position first.
Speaker 1: Puts her in such a bad position.
Speaker 3: Now, Freddie, before we do this, Brooke wants me to ask, can you fix printers? That way you can transition careers smoothly over to us?
Speaker 11: No? Probably not at all.
Speaker 1: There should be a like a major at college because you would have job security for the rest of your life so much.
Speaker 3: All right, well, you can't fix printers, but Brooke does have some advice that she wants to give you first.
Speaker 1: I just think, Freddy, that the only way that Sloan isn't going to blame you for this is if it's not your fault that you have to quit. Okay, are you following me?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm listening. I mean, what do you got in mind?
Speaker 1: An allergy? Perhaps allergic who knows something in the events. I mean, I sit under an air conditioning vent over at my desk, and I'm telling you it is just dousing me with God knows what you or maybe a dust situation hay fever. I don't know.
Speaker 11: I mean the place does give me highs.
Speaker 1: Allergy stress.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe jose you got something else.
Speaker 7: All you have to say is I got a better offer. Tell her you applied to another job weeks before you got this one, and.
Speaker 3: They just got back to you.
Speaker 7: So unfortunately you have to quit because they pay better.
Speaker 1: But she's your friend. She's gonna know.
Speaker 3: No, a true friend would support him what he actually has to have the other job.
Speaker 1: Later, he's manifesting it.
Speaker 3: He'll get one. Brook is basically clinging onto your bicep to Freddy, begging you feel ready to call her.
Speaker 11: Uh not really, but I mean I will give it a shot.
Speaker 3: All right. We're just gonna leave it in your hands and we'll jump in when we feel like you need a little bit of help.
Speaker 11: Okay, I do appreciate that.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, now your number right now?
Speaker 11: Hello, Hey, Sloan, how's it going?
Speaker 13: Freddy?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 13: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 11: I'm doing fine, man, I really get to talk after work yesterday. So I just I was thinking, if you don't have plans maybe I don't know, like a dinner, drink or something this evening.
Speaker 13: Maybe yesterday was your first day, wasn't it. It was amazing? So what'd you think?
Speaker 11: Ah? Well, first of all, if I didn't and I feel like I said this, but I do just want you to know, thank you so much for the recommendation the referral. I you really went above and beyond. Nobody's ever done that for me, but you.
Speaker 13: Deserved it, and you know, I knew you'd be a great fit for the company. So tell me what do you think of the first day?
Speaker 11: Well, so you know, the uh the coffee bar, like the downstairs the lobby coffee bar.
Speaker 13: That is great.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's great. I kind of thought we might get like a like a better employee discount. What I mean, let's like this place that I tempt for it, you would get like twenty percent off of anything at their coffee bar, and here it's only five percent, which is that's kind of weak, like that barely covers the tax. So that's that sort of rubb be kind of the wrong way.
Speaker 13: Okay, they're free coffee in the break room.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, no, that's uh, that's gross. That's it's there all day now.
Speaker 13: Okay, so you didn't like the coffee bar and the discount wasn't enough, but I mean everything else was great, right.
Speaker 11: Uh, I don't know about so if I'm being kind of honest. Uh, some of the people that we work with, they're they're a little weird, right, what do you mean. I mean for starters, like you know Charlie. Yeah, he is. Uh he is like really really well dressed, like looks like he wants to be on the cover of GQ, and he gets a ton of female attention. It's just it's distracting.
Speaker 13: Oh hey, and well.
Speaker 11: So my old job. Like not to brag, but like I was kind of the office stud. Like I'm again not braggings, but like, I don't know, it's like it's distracting me how much he distracts the ladies. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 13: Are you being serious? I mean, what are the problems that I don't understand? I don't get it, what's going on?
Speaker 11: I'm being serious right now. I know it might sound crazy, but this is destroying my self esteem, my self esteem is just abysmal at the end of that day.
Speaker 13: So your self esteem is destroyed because Charlie looks good in an.
Speaker 11: Outfit not not that. No, so I didn't know we were supposed to dress up like he's going above.
Speaker 5: It's too much.
Speaker 13: Uh huh. So how about you don't worry about how other people are or the price of coffee?
Speaker 11: Okay, no, see, I mean those those are so those are just two of the worst. Like honestly, if I'm and I don't want to just unload on you right now, but the worst for me, like the the office itself is the absolute worst.
Speaker 13: What are you talking about?
Speaker 11: They put me in front of a giant window. I'm like by myself with an incredible view of the city, and it's it's distracting between Charlie and the city. I can't get any work done in there. I'm just isolated looking at this.
Speaker 13: Are you Are you serious with this? People fight for that office and they just gave it to you.
Speaker 14: You walked and I don't understand that this is that's I look again, I I appreciate everything you did for me, and and if people were fighting over the office, they could someone else can have it because I'm actually flowing.
Speaker 11: I gotta, I gotta, I've gotta quit. I can't go back.
Speaker 8: What world.
Speaker 1: Is ridiculou?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 13: Where are you calling from? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 13: Are you at the office? Are you calling me from the office office?
Speaker 3: You want to go on to day. I don't know where Freddy is calling from. But he didn't call into a radio show asking us for help. That's what we are. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Sloan.
Speaker 13: You called into a radio show.
Speaker 11: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: I think a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is something called him. It's an awkward Tuesday phone call. And Freddy just didn't know how to tell you that. As much as he appreciates you sticking your neck out to get him this job, it's not the right fit for him.
Speaker 13: It's your first professional job. Change is hard. I get it. But the things that you're complaining about that you have a beautiful view and the coffee, I mean, come on, you can't quit over that.
Speaker 11: I mean, coffee is expensive, and what I'm not supposed to look out the window it's right there.
Speaker 3: I mean, in a way, you're kind of setting him up for failure.
Speaker 13: There, Freddy, I put my reputation on the line for you, so you could work here.
Speaker 11: I appreciate it a great deal. It's just it's not for me. Like this is one of those places where, like you wake up one day in you're fifty, your whole lives passed you by, and you're just staring at Charlie in a wind I can't speak.
Speaker 8: It's not for me.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Staring at Charlie and having that view sounds like a pretty good way.
Speaker 3: To pass the time now, but he's still here, I know. I mean, as a woman, it would be great to have Charlie working there, But as a.
Speaker 1: Guy, there's hot women all over the place. You don't base your own confidence on what other people look like.
Speaker 11: I understand that, but could you work on like maybe a different fortis right right there?
Speaker 13: Oh my god, Freddie, are you kidding? If you're so intimidated by Charlie, then why don't you take it as a challenge and step up your style start dressing better than him.
Speaker 11: Oh, I mean, you guys are laughing and like this is all a joke to you, but like this is my life, Like I have to go in there every day, So yeah, Sloan.
Speaker 3: It's also her life, and she has to go in there every day after you quit.
Speaker 1: Not only that, but like she will never be able to recommend another person again. No one will ever take her recommendation.
Speaker 3: Although at this point, Sloan, you've heard all of his reasons for wanting du quit. Do you really want him to work with you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well I'm beginning to wonder. I mean, come on, can't you just give it one more day? Just give it one more day? I mean, Jesus only forty eight hours. But I mean maybe it's it'll be better tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what Brook says in her marriage to her husband. Just give it one more day. Can't get any.
Speaker 11: Worse, right, I mean, I mean, I mean for you, Sloan, like, I'll give it. I'll give it one more day. I'll give it a couple more days.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm going to turn.
Speaker 3: Into an awkward wedndows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the maturity is just leaping out of you right now, Freddy, I'm so busy. It's your lower Freddy, even alexis side. Yeah.
Speaker 11: But if it doesn't get better, I can't do it.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 3: I just really hope it's not Charlie's birthday at work tomorrow that would be a blow to.
Speaker 1: Freddy's my fingers for a sick days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You've probably seen the headlines in the news, like toothless Florida man just voted best dentist in Tallahassee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait that checks out.
Speaker 3: Actually, Florida man on myth gets trapped in unlocked closet for four days. Yeah, Florida man strangles gater with bare hands. Gator likes it. Now they're married. I mean, you hear that and you think, oh, all the fun only happens in Florida. Yeah, but that's not true, because there's inspiring, head scratching stories of epic stupidity from all across the globe, and instead of making you find it, we're gonna give them to you. During a brand new edition of Care or Don't Care?
Speaker 1: Alright, the better jets, Yes, and Florida.
Speaker 3: Stories will be included. It's coming up at eight ten. For my next trick, I will spend six hours cooking a meal that the recipe says should only take twenty minutes accurate, watch me underwhelm and overseason you during a brand new Care or Don't Care.
Speaker 1: Not enough Salt Jeffrey set.
Speaker 3: The oven to four hundred and fifty as we get into your first headline. This could be the real life spooky sequel to Dude, whar's my car? What Care? Don't care?
Speaker 1: I care, even though I don't fully remember that movie. Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 3: A few days ago, a few days ago, police in Fresno, California, responded to a call about a suspicious item found in the weeds next to a road. So they sent some officers to go check it out. And turns out the mysterious item was a very nice casket. Oh wow, on the side of the highway.
Speaker 6: Was it full?
Speaker 1: Please tell me it was it full.
Speaker 3: After a few no, you open it, No, you open it, Yeah, one of the cops finally checked it out. Oh my god, and inside they found there were no vampires or zombies in it. It was empty.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I mean that must have been the biggest moment of relief that those people had ever experienced in their life.
Speaker 3: So there was a local news report about it, and afterwards the TV station got a call from somebody saying, Hey, that's our casket. Wait what It was a husband and wife who used the casket for a Halloween display, and they found it missing from their yard mysteriously one morning.
Speaker 10: Oh man.
Speaker 3: So they went down to the Presno police station and the officers told them, yeah, it's over at this location, you can go.
Speaker 5: Pick it up.
Speaker 3: Okay. They hated bringing the casket back. They just left it out and the couple drove out to get it and it had been taken again. Somebody else swooped in and grabbed it. So the casket had been stolen, found, and then stolen again one day.
Speaker 1: I mean, when it's on the side of the road, you think it's free. That's how I treat anything on the side of the road. I wouldn't say it.
Speaker 7: Must have been a nice casket, flames on it or something.
Speaker 3: I want to die in that thing that Homely it's currently still missing, so you see it.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Reported in let's go to your next headline Hot Pizza in thirty minutes or less via chariot Care don't care.
Speaker 1: I like this much better than drones care.
Speaker 3: In the Italian city of Pompeii, they have an archaeological site where they're constantly finding new artifacts because if you didn't know, Mount Vesuvius erupted there in seventy nine, a d and bombed the whole city and ash preserving everything like almost perfectly. And one recent discovery has people freaking out because they unearthed a fresco, which is an ancient painting that looks like pizza. Okay, showing you a picture of.
Speaker 1: It look like pizza.
Speaker 3: Immediately everyone was like, wait a second, what they didn't have pizza in ancient Rome? They did, weren't sure, so historians dug into this and turns out tomatoes were only introduced over to Europe from the Americas a few centuries ago, so it couldn't be same thing with mozzarella cheese, which led directly to the invention of pizza nearby Naples in the seventeen hundreds.
Speaker 1: It could have an olive oil base.
Speaker 3: Ew, disgusting.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's pasta.
Speaker 7: It's like, I may go n white sauce pizza.
Speaker 3: So if it's not pizza in the picture, what is it. Experts now believe it's ficasha bread covered with fruit, including pomegranates and possibly some dates sprinkled on there.
Speaker 1: I mean, a flat flat bread is so close to a pizza.
Speaker 3: You know it's a fruity flatbread and I know what you're thinking. But there's no mention about whether pineapple is okay on pizza.
Speaker 1: Oh pineapple, I see how it is.
Speaker 3: It's like written in stone next to the pizza Pineapple.
Speaker 6: No word on that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they knew what pineapple was.
Speaker 3: Let's go to your next headline. The two letters switch. That's making one company millions, and everybody is pissed. Care don't care.
Speaker 8: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Care.
Speaker 3: You're gonna want to know this because you know who's making millions of dollars per month right now besides Brooke. Try chat GTPOT, which is different than the chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Oh, people are just typing it in because the.
Speaker 3: Last two letters are switched. Chat GTP is something that the authorities are promoting as Flee swears it's basically a scam. Okay, So while the real AI version Chat GPT is free, Chat GTP says, sure.
Speaker 5: We'll help you.
Speaker 3: I'll just ask us a question, we'll answer it for ninety nine cents.
Speaker 1: I need to text my husband now. He has been falling for every scam.
Speaker 3: On People don't know. And then so they're like, okay, yeah, I'll give it my credit card and then nothing happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they don't even answer your question.
Speaker 1: Oh well, something happens. They steal your information and your credit card number a fake answer, yeah you dollar.
Speaker 3: And now you're on the hook for a monthly ninety nine cent subscription that's almost impossible to cancel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And it gets worse because soon your ninety nine cent charge will go up to as much as three hundred and twelve dollars a month after the initial twelve day trial period, which you didn't catch written in the small print on the website, call.
Speaker 1: Your credit card company put a stop payment on it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it sends hundreds of advertisements to your phone and your computer on a weekly basis. But the biggest problem is people try to delete the app to get rid of it, but that doesn't actually stop the painting.
Speaker 7: It doesn't cancel your subscription.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So that's generating millions of dollars a month without people even knowing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we already outsmarted the robots.
Speaker 3: And I don't even want to say what some of the other names are because yeah, thanks to that one scam site, there's dozens of copycats coming out with their own flee swear trying to scam people.
Speaker 1: With chat, GPT, Chat, ABC, Chat d A T.
Speaker 3: Jack experts say, if you've already downloaded one of the scam sites, go to the app store and follow the guidelines on there on how to properly unsubscribe.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what a nightmare, Jeff. That was good information.
Speaker 3: Finally, Jeff's joke of the day, carrot, don't care? What do you call a train carrying bubblegum? A che train?
Speaker 1: You didn't see that coming? Did you not see that coming?
Speaker 3: That was I don't know, a bubble gum conductor that don't care?
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: On the phone, we have Michelle from Port Angelis who works at a dialysis clinic as a facility systems specialist or is it a system's facility specialist? Is it a specialist of systems at the facility? I don't know because there are three generic words that can be rearranged in any order and probably mean the exact same thing. Michelle, which one are you?
Speaker 13: Well, they are pretty much the same exact thing, specialized and all the systems at our facility.
Speaker 3: Now, yes, thank you for clearing that up, Michelle.
Speaker 1: To know what your day to day consisted of and tell that.
Speaker 3: Yes, please, don't explain any more than you already have. We all get it. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Oh, thank you so much. It's great to be here.
Speaker 3: I should say welcome back because apparently been on and she's even beach.
Speaker 13: Oh no, Michelle, yep, I guess you were having a bad day, Brook, because I did beat me one time.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, listen. I am trying to win right now. My son has been listening and he called me yesterday and said, Mom, you won again. You're on fire. And then he told me that I owed him a dollar. I don't know if like he's charging for pep talks or.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well I want to win more than one dollar, yeah, yeah, yeah, one hundreds.
Speaker 3: So we're going to try and get you that. While Brook leaves the studio, let's explain the rules. Thirty seconds on the clock to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you have to beat her out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 13: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Good luck, Michelle. Your time starts now. Today is Jennifer Lawrence's birthday? Is she turning thirty one, thirty three or thirty five thirty five. Ice hockey is the official winter sport of Canada. What's the official summer sport that's played on a field? In the Finding Nemo franchise, what's the character's name? That's a blue tangfish? Which river flows from Minneapolis down to New Orleans, Mississippi? There were four Twilight books? How many Twilight movies were there?
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 3: Three, two one? I like that strategy? Brooks coming back. Brook Is coming back in studio, and apparently Michelle told our producer that she has a joke about working out she would like to share. All right, welcome to the stage. Michelle put the spotlight on her. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 13: How do you know that someone does cross fit?
Speaker 1: How do you know someone does CrossFit?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 11: Oh you know.
Speaker 3: I've heard that same joke about vegans?
Speaker 13: Yeah, keto also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, all right, we're moving on to Brook.
Speaker 1: Ready after that joke, I am pumped. I know it is like a CrossFit.
Speaker 3: Michelle's are funnier than three fourths of the people on this show. So she's so cute. I think we know. Let's move on Brook You ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Today is Jennifer Lawrence's birthday? Is she turning thirty one thirty three or thirty.
Speaker 1: Five thirty three.
Speaker 3: Ice hockey is the official winter sport of Canada. What's the official summer sport that's played on a field?
Speaker 1: Field hockey?
Speaker 3: In the Finding Nemo franchise, what is the character's name? That's a blue tang fish?
Speaker 1: Oh Dorry?
Speaker 3: Which river flows from Minneapolis down to New Orleans, Mississippi? There were four Twilight books? How many Twilight movies were there?
Speaker 1: Twilight movies? There are three?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're gonna see how you guys, Bolt did We're gonna score with Jose? I'm sorry, I mean how often?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh man, nobody thinks that's funny.
Speaker 8: That's Michelle.
Speaker 7: You got to correct today.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I got one for sure.
Speaker 7: Well, she got the same amount of questions as you, but Brooke got.
Speaker 3: Three, right, Just edged out there, Michelle. I'm sorry. Let's get these answers in real fast. It's Jennifer Lawrence's birthday. She's turning thirty three years old today, Happy birthday, jen Birthday. Ice hockey is the official winter sport of Canada. Their official summer sport is lacrosse. In the Finding Nemo franchise. Dory is the blue tang fish. The Mississippi River is the one that flows from Minneapolis to New Orleans. Four Twilight Books. They turned that into five Twilight movies.
Speaker 1: I read all the books. I didn't see any of the movies. All right, Okay, well that's.
Speaker 3: All I got. That's all I got with the questions. We didn't get the money that you set out for at the beginning of this. But what we can do just for playing is give you a pair of tickets to see Sam Smith perform at Climate Pledge Arena on August twenty third money, I'm gonna tell me you said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just thought of another joke you did.
Speaker 7: Okay, how how can you can we turn the music off?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 7: How can we tell if someone is a video game streamer and we're out of time?
Speaker 3: Thank you for playing?
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: That's when Brooks box. We'll do it again, same time tomorrow, brook
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey in the morning.