Speaker 1: Couldn't get enough of us. Huh, well, hey, neither can I. I also listen to the podcast every day. After the show, I go home and I listen. I cut out the parts with everyone else. It's just me, But you should listen to the full show because it's way better that way.
Speaker 2: It starts now, it is time for us to crown a new Brooke and Jeffrey Hero of the Week. Someone who demonstrates bravery, couraginosity, yeah, and person vere and near far wherever you are that.
Speaker 3: Fits with the recorder in the background really distracted.
Speaker 2: This week's Honoreie is a thirty three year old named Kimberly Winter from Virginia who's one of those people that let her friends and family know what she was doing and they all said it stupid, and Kimberly said, you know what, I'm doing it anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, kimber like somebody who does stupid things.
Speaker 2: What did she do? Well? Our unshakable valiant hero next door just said a new Guinness World Old record for loudest burp by a woman. I don't want to hear it. Experts say she can belch louder than some motorcycles Normally, I would not play this at all, but Alexis has specifically replaced to me. I see her raising her hand saying, can you please play the belt headphones. Alexis, your wish is our command. Let's listen to Kimberly's record setting burn.
Speaker 5: Let's when we get to it's a seven point three yo.
Speaker 2: Yield seven point three decibels, which beat the previous record of just one oh seven set by some time.
Speaker 4: Do we know what she did?
Speaker 3: Was she drank or ate right beforehand?
Speaker 4: Questions?
Speaker 2: Her quote afterwards was I'm really excited that I broke the record, but I'm even more excited to break it again next year. And then she burped in anticipation. That's how she shows enthusiasm and appreciation in her life. Some people applaud and whistle at concerts. Kimberly belches, yeah she does. Let's get some burps of approval as we move on to the shock collar question of the day with our own belching expert, Digital Jake. Jake belch out a question for us.
Speaker 6: It's time to lock in your safety harness and put down your novelty forty ounce barrel of pink Raspberry lemonade, because today is National roller coaster day.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 6: Roller Coasters were originally created in the eighteen hundreds to distract bored people from thinking about sinning. But today it's how thrill seekers and daredevils get their jollys off. Now what we can do is have you all take part in us special one and done three sixty spun, keep your hands inside the studio and hold on to your buns. Shock collared question up today?
Speaker 8: Buns?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Your first then, Jose alright. The fastest roller coaster in the world goes from zero to one hundred and forty nine miles per hour in just four point nine seconds, and it gives you a feeling of four point eight g's ah. What theme does this speedy coaster have? Is it A The road Runner Extreme at Hershey Park, Pennsylvania that plays cartoon running sounds zips around the track. B The Formula one roller coaster at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, a race car themed ride, or see Peregrine. Falcon Madness at Bush Gardens, Tampa Bay, a coaster that's an ode to the fastest bird in the world.
Speaker 3: It's actually fastest animal on the planet Earth like Florida.
Speaker 8: The falcon itself goes like two hundred forty miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 2: The United Emirates, though, they're famous for like wanting to set world records in everything. They have the tallest building, they have like the longest buffet line in the.
Speaker 4: World, and come this close to killing tourists, but not all the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems totally there. Sometimes you guys talk me in it.
Speaker 8: We're gonna go Ferrari.
Speaker 6: World, Jose said. Ferrari World, that is, it's called Formula Rassa. It goes zero to one forty nine in less than five seconds. It reaches a maximum height of one hundred and seventy feet as well.
Speaker 2: Pretty tall, fast, and I've seen it.
Speaker 6: I didn't know it was a We're one for one, Alexis, it's your turn. In Germany, they're already working on the next best roller coaster of the future. What will the new attraction be? Is it a a hybrid roller coaster water slide, b A Wiener Schnitzel shaped roller coaster that goes into a giant's mouth through his digestive system and out the back end. Wow, I want to educational se A solar enhanced roller coaster that goes faster when the sun is out longer.
Speaker 2: But on a rainy day it's just slow as.
Speaker 9: A very dangerous cloudy Yeah, through a giant What.
Speaker 6: Was the first one roller coaster water slide hybrid.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go to.
Speaker 6: As went with Wiener Schnitzl. That is incorrect.
Speaker 2: Lexus is like, please ride the Wiener.
Speaker 3: You're not okay with burps, but you're cu okay coming out of sun.
Speaker 4: Dude's back En, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 6: Boy, it was the roller coaster water slide. Alexis is getting shocked, Jeffrey, it's your turn. Richard Rodriguez set the world record for the longest marathon roller coaster ever. But was his marathon more or less than fifty days in a row?
Speaker 2: Roast?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Five minute break every hour, and I'll tell you he was allowed to pull up his five minute breaks into larger breaks if you wanted to.
Speaker 4: Oh, can I tell you, Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: I had a promotions director who actually got the job because he was part of a radio station contest to see who could ride a roller coaster the longest.
Speaker 2: How long did they go?
Speaker 4: It was like eight days, like he was on.
Speaker 2: The roller coaster? How many rides? I'm curious, do you scream woo before you give up in this record breaking attempt? Are you done after day four?
Speaker 4: God, wouldn't it be weird to sit next to you? Sit next to the guy who's on day forty.
Speaker 2: If Brooks RinkyDink radio station can go eight days, I'm saying this dude went over fifty.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey said more than fifty, that is, it was more. It was one hundred and twelve days.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: So every hour he rode, he earned a five minute break, and he would save up those breaks for one hour each morning where he would lie down.
Speaker 2: And eat food.
Speaker 6: But other than that, he rode the roller coaster for three straight months.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, he did.
Speaker 6: He could lay down during that break and sleep. But yeah, sometimes machine position brook your last up? Which country has the most roller coasters in the world?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 6: Is it a the United States, be China or c Russia?
Speaker 4: Oh god?
Speaker 8: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Such a basic question.
Speaker 3: But I feel like Russia is so severe that they wouldn't have a ton of like enjoyment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fulfillment.
Speaker 8: Yeah, roller coaster jump on back of Polar Bear.
Speaker 2: Goude.
Speaker 4: China loves them. Some theme parts, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like they could build these and well.
Speaker 4: The United States is huge. China's even bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, more rides to entertain more people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna say China.
Speaker 6: Brooks said, China.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 6: China has fifteen hundred and eighteen roller coasters in the US. Is about half of that.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: I the listeners get a treat today because Alexis is gonna be soloing this weird She's gonna sing Roar by Katie Perry while she gets shown.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got the eye of the tiger fight dancing through the fire because I am a champion and you're gonna hear me raw.
Speaker 2: Collar.
Speaker 7: Question of the Day, brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Brooke, as a parent, you've had those situations where you're out in public and your kid like blurts something out that's kind of weird. Oh my god, like inappropriate.
Speaker 3: Almost Remember my son loves tubby time where he likes to lift up my shirt and just grab it and say, squishy.
Speaker 4: It's so squishy, mama, just just like a marshmallow. Yeah. So yeah, I had a couple of those times, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Or like when he said, my mommy says everybody should be forced to speak English if they want to live.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a sweetie. Remember those are private conversations.
Speaker 4: It's really rare when he says that it is bilingual school.
Speaker 2: See that's the thing about kids. They don't know any better. No, they can say or do whatever thought pops into their head and they'll be able to get away with it Scott free. Yeah, and that's why today I want everyone to channel your inner child and give us your pure, unfiltered thoughts during a brand new edition of What's on Your mindh don't worry, Brook, We're gonna do it all in English for you. Coming up. Buying a fire extinguisher is one example where you actually hope it's a waste of money. Yeah, and I'm hoping this segment isn't a big waste of time where I go around asking my co host what's been on their minds. I guess we'll find out if it's worth it afterwards. They're gonna start things off with Brooke Brook, What's on your Mind?
Speaker 3: So it's been the summer of the bike for my youngest. Okay, he's learned how to ride his this summer.
Speaker 8: In summer.
Speaker 3: The problem is that he hasn't quite mastered breaking yet.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: So we're going.
Speaker 3: Down like a small hill and he's quite a bit of ways ahead of me, and then all of a sudden, I see that he wants to stop, and he like turns his handlebars.
Speaker 4: And he goes into the grass right.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh my god, you know, thinking he's gonna go out in the road. He stops just in time, right next to this parked truck and I'm like, oh, thank god. Right, and then he turns his handlebar and as he turns it, the metal on his handlebar creates a six inch deep.
Speaker 2: Huge scratch.
Speaker 4: All down this parkd truck's door. He did, Oh my god, and it was so deep. So we go up and I'm like, we gotta talk to the guy.
Speaker 2: We gotta give him her to be like, okay, ready, book, it is this sweet elderly man. You guys, it was.
Speaker 4: We just got the quote for getting his door fixed five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, bro, good thing that's chump changed for you.
Speaker 2: But normal people were doing to go fund for the listeners.
Speaker 4: They I'll just take it out of his college fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ose, what's been.
Speaker 1: On your mind? Well, I like to keep my apartment at seventy degrees, okay, very specific.
Speaker 5: The other week, I looked at the temperature and I noticed that A C wasn't blowing very hard, and the temp in my apartment was seventy two.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was climate change telling you.
Speaker 3: To have this.
Speaker 8: So I called maintenance and some guy comes up.
Speaker 5: He sees ice on it and goes, oh, that's not good. So he scrapes the ice off, okay, gets rid of it, and then packs up and leaves and goes, all right, there you go, a good day. Well that didn't work because I get home the next day and now my apartment's four degrees hot, and so I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, okay, still blowing weak.
Speaker 5: A new maintenance guy comes up and he goes, I'm also going to change the reader, which is just a display that says it's seventy four degrees.
Speaker 3: It's a tricky little zero there.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it was, but he goes, okay, bye, leaves. Today my apartment is at eighty degrees. You guys, ten, I am so hot in the middle of the night. Another guy's schedule to come today, but he's supposed to be here like there now while we're here, So I love post it notes all over yeah, scrape the ice, but do something else. Please check the filter made.
Speaker 4: I like, I'm just trying to say step is.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do?
Speaker 8: No idea?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if I don't come into work tomorrow, I died of heat of a heat wave.
Speaker 3: At least you have a c I just want to read what alexis like that for.
Speaker 2: A long time? What has been on your mind?
Speaker 10: So these past few days, I've read into a lot of listeners out So that's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always so fun. I love when they come say hi. But what of him?
Speaker 10: Said to Later this weekend, he came up and he was shocked at how much better in person I look?
Speaker 2: He said, Is that a compliment?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 10: I'm like, it's like a little backhanded, right, and like not the typical.
Speaker 4: You look different than I thought you would. You know, it's a radio, which is what everybody means. No, No, he said, he's.
Speaker 10: Seen me online and I look better in person.
Speaker 4: So I'm not going to disagree with him.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm target digital Jak who's in the room.
Speaker 10: Actually some filters on my camera.
Speaker 2: I think it's better though, this way, because you kind of underpromise over deliver person that's how you want it to be. You don't be just ated with when they meet you a person once a.
Speaker 10: Day on socials, that means I'm looking bad every day until they see them. Maybe yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean he's really tall and that makes our angle really bad when he takes photos.
Speaker 2: Now we've shamed Digital j for his.
Speaker 10: Camera.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm okay, all right, Jeffrey, what's on your mind.
Speaker 2: In a couple of weeks, I'm supposed to officiate my best friend's wedding in Mexico. Oh that's really exciting. But the other day, I was driving home and I just had this sudden, horrible feeling come over me, like, wait a second, when's the last time I renewed my passport?
Speaker 3: Shut up, Jeffrey, God, this is you were the guy without car insurance. You're the guy that probably doesn't even have a driver's license.
Speaker 2: So I get home and I checked my drawer where I keep it, and I find my passport. Okay, he's expired by five years. My heart saying, I feel terrible because Brooke talked about this recently. She had an issue with passports, and it takes a minimum seven to nine weeks if you want to expedite it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I expedited two months prior and it still didn't show up on time.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh my god, you idiot, Jeff, Like you're screwed. You just ruined your best friend's wedding.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Jeff.
Speaker 2: But I started to look up options online and I found there is one service that you can pay to get your passport shipped in a week or less. It's not gonna work, but it costs over one thousand dollars to do it, and I'm thinking, what do I do. I can't call up my best friend two weeks before the wedding and be like, hey, bro, sorry, I don't have a passport. Good luck.
Speaker 4: How do you know it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else I can do, So I pay one thousand dollars, I put my credit card information in hit send, Okay. Five minutes later, I calm down from my panic and I go, hold on, didn't I renew my passport like a year ago. I go and I check inside my old luggage my last trip. There's my updated passport. Oh my god, tell you valid?
Speaker 4: And now it's not valid anymore because you applied for you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I hadn't gone through like all the steps of typing it in. So the good news is my passport is still valid. The bad news is I am out a thousand bucks for absolutely no reason than my own stupidity.
Speaker 8: Will they not refund you?
Speaker 2: I canceled it, but they won't give me back the money? You deserve it though I do.
Speaker 7: How do you.
Speaker 2: Live in a state of panic and stress? Look? So there we go, good news, bad news. That's what's on our mind? Textans seventy eight five nine two. Tell us what's been on yours that strust me out?
Speaker 4: You're a terrible person.
Speaker 2: I am a terrible person. Oh my god, brook and Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 7: Morning brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: Textas seventy eighty five to nine two that says, what's on my mind is losing weight? Oh does Jose have any tips? He wouldn't and sharing you want the diabetic guy who doesn't exercise to give you some lost dipsas? Go ahead, Jose? What do you? What do you do?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: I stopped drinking. That was the big thing, Like, just don't drink alcohol anymore?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: And cutting out carbs is probably the best thing you can do.
Speaker 2: All right, No more fun for you. Another text to seventy five nine two says, would you guys ever do a show bingo night?
Speaker 5: I would, Oh god, everybody, I'll play some strip bingos.
Speaker 4: You could win money. Alexis interesting.
Speaker 2: One more text says, Hey, guys, I'm having surgery tomorrow. Wish me luck. I listen to you every single morning. The doctor who's doing it looks exactly like a taller Alexis.
Speaker 3: Oh, maybe we should wish the doctor last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most terrifying sentence. I think anybody's ever texted.
Speaker 4: That could happen.
Speaker 2: Too risky for me. Keeper text commings haventy five nine two.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Are we living in the golden age of reality TV? Maybe there's so many shows out there now because people just love that type of drama.
Speaker 4: I thought it was because all the actors are striking. It's all been.
Speaker 2: Non actors. Yeah, if you're into that dramatic reality TV type of show, you're all in luck, because I promise this next segment is more scandalous than Love Island, more salacious than Rodeo for Romeos.
Speaker 8: I don't think I've seen that yeah, more.
Speaker 2: Dramatic than that animal dating show Manate Matchmaker. I'm talking it's cute and hot at the same time. I'm talking about a brand new Battle of the Tinder Dates where we're going to hear some of the worst real life dating stories from our listeners. It's coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 4: We don't have one.
Speaker 7: One dating app. Then there's you swipe right. The question is whose love life is more tragic.
Speaker 2: It's Battle of the Tinder Dates. It's the dating game show that Larry the Cable Guy likes more than Redneck Wheel of Fortune. Wow, spell Tiger Girl, I'd like to buy six ease please. It's Battle of the Tender Dates, where two of our listeners go head to head to figure out whose dating life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet today's contestants. In this corner, her go to first date move is offering to go lady in the tramp on a THHC gummy worm. Oh hell, that's why the boys call her Chronica. Monica Guy.
Speaker 4: Guy, watch out, Monica. You may be Jose soulmate.
Speaker 8: Also about dating life.
Speaker 2: And in this other corner, she was the most popul a girl in her high school because she stuffed her bra not with tissues with fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Met Joe Chloe, still the most popular girl on the show right now too. Here's how the game works. One contestant is going to start by telling one of their worst dating stories. Then the other will try and counter with a nightmare story of their own. We're going to go back and forth for three rounds here, and then afterwards we'll try and declare a winner. Are our contestants ready.
Speaker 12: Yeah, let's do this.
Speaker 13: Let's hear it all right.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Chronicle Monica kick us off.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 12: So I went to this guy's house. We were sitting on a couch watching a movie, and he asked me if I wanted a snack. All right, So he reaches under the couch and grabs out a half eaten bag of popcorn and a.
Speaker 7: String cheese cheese.
Speaker 2: What a gentleman?
Speaker 4: Was The string cheese also half eaten?
Speaker 12: No, but look okay, yeah, then he got shock when I did not want to ihose it.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of shocked too.
Speaker 3: It was still in the wrapper, Alexis.
Speaker 2: You don't know that.
Speaker 4: It just gets a little sweaty.
Speaker 2: That's the only problem when it gets war sounds like someone's a couch snob. Yeah, let's keep going, Doe Chloe, can you counter?
Speaker 13: So a guy picked me up for breakfast, and he said he was gonna take me to a local place, but he wound up showing up at a church.
Speaker 4: At a church.
Speaker 2: Church.
Speaker 8: Church has some good food.
Speaker 2: Okay, those crackers.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So we're inside the church and unbeknownst to me, we wound up saying for the entire two hour service. Oh and then we had a little try of mini donut holes and that was their breakfast.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you the payout wasn't good nocake or something.
Speaker 4: At least he wasn't trying to convert you or anything.
Speaker 2: We're on around two, Monica. That means it's back to you what he got, all right?
Speaker 12: So is that this guy's place, and we were fooling around and all of a sudden he just jumps up and was looking out the window. I didn't know what was going on. So he rushed outside and grabbed me with him, and there was a chipmunk, a chipmunk out There was a trip bunk near a trap that he had built. You wanted to bet me money to see if he would get his leg chopped off? That killed the romance.
Speaker 2: He's like, how would you want to bet?
Speaker 8: When I go check, it's like legs.
Speaker 2: Bucks?
Speaker 4: Did you win the money? Is that mad that I want to know?
Speaker 12: I wouldn't bet him. He was betting five dollars for one part, ten dollars for two.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, my gosh, why is he trapping him too? I hope you didn't eat his cooking. I'm just saying.
Speaker 8: Saying, all right, cookies are chocolate chipmunk.
Speaker 2: I mean, it sounds like Monica's pulling ahead, So Chloe, you got to bring it here.
Speaker 13: So this guy was seeing last minute invited me out for a party at three pm, okay.
Speaker 8: Afternoon, early one.
Speaker 3: You're at a church at the last story.
Speaker 13: So I thought it was a little odd, but I'm like, hey, I'm done for a danger.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 13: So I showed up with my uh my crop top and my vodka, and I see his entire backyard is decorated with like kids, hobtrollsy Oh no, and I'm like, uh yeah. So it winds up. It was his son's birthday party and he wanted help watching twenty kindergartener.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't wear my rubble sht alcohol.
Speaker 2: Onto the third and final round, chronicle Monica, give us your best.
Speaker 9: One, all right.
Speaker 12: So this guy sends me and the dressed to meet him someplace. So I go, and I show up into the tattoo polor Wow kind of weird? Oh yeah, maybe not.
Speaker 7: So I go in.
Speaker 4: He's sitting in.
Speaker 12: A chair at his appointment. He's getting a tattoo.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so he waves me over.
Speaker 12: I go over there, and the tattoo waters shows me a picture of a tattoo she's doing on his neck, and it's my Tinder profile picture.
Speaker 2: No, your picture, my picture.
Speaker 12: The guy thought it would be romantic to have my picture on his neck, Like what you do you well, I told him, I wait outside and then I ran home.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that could have been cool though, Like if you gave him a hickey, it'd be like you were making out with your sounds. That's kind of weird. We got to talk of one more dooey Chloe.
Speaker 13: Okay, I was on a little dinner date and someone came up to ask for an autograph.
Speaker 4: From you or from your date.
Speaker 13: From my date. So he got off, he took pictures, he sat at their table. He was really polite, very nice. So I was thinking, oh my god, I'm out with like a celebrity right.
Speaker 4: Now, and I don't.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So when I asked about it, she tells me he was on an episode of Cheaters a few years.
Speaker 2: Why would he brag about that.
Speaker 13: He tries to go on and on and tell me it was just a big misunderstanding, But I'm like, really, I'm out with the guy who was on Cheaters.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: The final bell means the matches over. It's go to the judges and find out who is going to be the winner today.
Speaker 4: Alexis, I'm going with Chronica.
Speaker 13: Monica for the chipmunk guy.
Speaker 3: One vote for Monica, Dude, I'm going Monica for the tattoo of her face.
Speaker 2: Monica, That means you are the winner. Congratulations. You have the sadist dating life of the Yeah.
Speaker 4: But now that guy has a winner tattooed on his neck.
Speaker 7: We just.
Speaker 2: That was Battle of the Tender Days. We got your phone tab coming out.
Speaker 7: Next Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Today, we call a woman and who's co owner of an entertainment service that provides face painters and princesses and magicians for kids' birthday parties. Oh yea, and her boyfriend said she's been dealing with some pretty uptight parents as a boy. But I promise she has never gotten a complaint like the one she's about to receive today. Is it shocking? Yes?
Speaker 9: Oh no?
Speaker 2: Was it my idea? No? Okay, it was her boyfriend's. Okay, and out of my better judgment, I did it anyway. No, so she is definitely going to be floored when she hears it in your brand new phone. Tap right now on the twenties.
Speaker 9: West Entertainment. This is Megan. How can I help you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm looking to speak with the woman who gave my child herpies. I'm sorry what someone gave my kid herpies and I need it to be addressed.
Speaker 9: I don't understand how.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my son was at a party with his friends last Saturday and one of your face painters thought it would be funny to paint herpes onto his face the RNA Belle.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, it was painted on his face. Oh thank god?
Speaker 2: What were you thinking?
Speaker 9: I don't even want to say. Can you please just tell me what happened?
Speaker 2: Right? So my child comes home and I see him and say, why do you have herpes on your face? Son? So he looks at me and says, they're grapes, Dad. But clearly I know the difference now getting one by me.
Speaker 9: So you're saying that one of our face painters painted the word herpies on the child's face.
Speaker 2: No, not the word actual herpes. And he was telling me there were grapes.
Speaker 9: Maybe you're confused because your son thought that they were grapes and my face painter thought that they were groups on the face.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to tell me that I don't know what herpes looks like. I've been to burning Man.
Speaker 9: I don't know how burning Man has anything to do with this, but I know that my face painter would never do something like that.
Speaker 2: Fine, I've taken a public bus in Detroit. I've taken a tour of the Hershey factory.
Speaker 9: I don't understand all.
Speaker 2: Different places where you would contract herpes.
Speaker 9: You have a lot of different examples of where you can get these, but I.
Speaker 2: Do I have more. If you want to hear something.
Speaker 9: This has nothing to do with us, sir, I don't understand what this is about.
Speaker 2: It has everything to do with you. My kid thinks he has herpes because I told him.
Speaker 9: Well, then that's your fault, sir, because we wouldn't tell him something like that. You told him that.
Speaker 2: Your company's the one who painted it, so you're to blame.
Speaker 9: We're a children's entertainment company. Do you seriously think.
Speaker 14: We would do that?
Speaker 2: I think I deserve to be compensated for this sudden outbreak of injustice. You want to be compensated, I think that's only fair.
Speaker 9: Well, I could give you a gift card for a free face painting session.
Speaker 2: Oh what so I can come home and find out you put gonnerie on his forehead. Hold on, I don't think so sure.
Speaker 9: You're crossing the line here. I'm really trying to be helpful.
Speaker 2: I know. I don't think I'm crossing the line at all. I think at this point you and your crewed face painting crew need a dose of public shaming to set you all straight. What how about you stand by a freeway off ramp holding a sign that says I gave herpes to a kid, Oh my god, and I tried to cover it up with gonnorrhea in a gift card.
Speaker 9: Okay, we're done. Here, sir, we're not done.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna talk to the Attorney General about you, ma'am. So your disgusting warped company never paints a face again.
Speaker 9: You know what, sir, go right ahead. That would really make my game.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I'm gonna implicate you and all your face painters and even your boyfriend Vaughn what, because he's the one who sets you up for the prank phone call today.
Speaker 9: So ha, Oh my god, oh my.
Speaker 14: God, make it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, this is a joke. My name is jeff from brook and Jeffrey in the morning, we're doing a phone.
Speaker 7: Tap on you.
Speaker 9: Oh God, that was creepy, creepy. Oh I'm going to kill him.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, it wasn't my idea. It was definitely your boyfriend Vaughn's. He emailed us saying that you deal with crazy parents all the time though from these parties.
Speaker 9: God, yes I do.
Speaker 2: He thought I could be the craziest of all.
Speaker 9: God, that was horrible.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I said after I went on that Hershey factory tour.
Speaker 9: I'm pretty sure you didn't get herpes from that, but whatever you think.
Speaker 7: The weeke up every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: When it comes to professions that can instantly win over any woman, there's firefighters, doctor and of course Brook's favorite major league hot dog hookers.
Speaker 4: So toss up between that and taxidermy.
Speaker 2: So I'll take four once, big boy. She's not even talking about the food.
Speaker 15: Hey, but one of our listeners says she was instantly smitten when she showed up to an event and saw one guy crushing it at his job.
Speaker 2: At that point, she was willing to do whatever it took to get him alone. You're gonna hear it. It wasn't that. It was even sexier. You'll hear a brand new second date up date, next second.
Speaker 7: Date up date.
Speaker 2: We have a return caller on the phone who actually did a second date with us a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: That either means we helped her so much she's been in a long committed relationship this whole time, yeah, or we traumatized her so badly that she's completely avoided dating until now.
Speaker 4: Probably the second and it.
Speaker 2: Was probably mostly Brook's fault. But her name is Amanda. Amanda, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 4: I'm not arguing, Amanda.
Speaker 14: I think I'm a little bit of both.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only thing I remember from the last time is the guy didn't want to go out with you because you wanted to put hot dogs on your salad or something like.
Speaker 4: That hot young salad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is totally normal and brooks home time.
Speaker 4: I haven't called you Amanda in a long time.
Speaker 2: I remember you now that's ancient history, though. We are moving on and we're happy to have you back. Let's talk about this new guy that you met. Who's he?
Speaker 3: So he's the lead singer in a band, A little band, a famous band.
Speaker 4: Where we're at, I.
Speaker 14: Mean, they're pretty good.
Speaker 2: I think Kloger, isn't it. You saw Nickelback?
Speaker 4: No, Nickelback would be calling back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're desperate for faud.
Speaker 4: Where did you meet this guy?
Speaker 14: So, my best friend Jess got married about a month ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you're saying it like it's a sad thing, like, yeah, we lost her forever.
Speaker 9: We lost one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you met him at the wedding.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I met him at the wedding. Well, he was working the wedding and I was part of the bridal party.
Speaker 4: So he was a singer in the wedding band.
Speaker 14: He was.
Speaker 8: I've seen some amazing wedding bands and some not.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I never thought about that. I would they get so much action?
Speaker 7: Am?
Speaker 14: I keep feeling like Adam Sandler movie. You guys remember with Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, it's literally called the Wedding Singer.
Speaker 2: Tell us about how you and and Chris likenected at the wedding. How did that even happen?
Speaker 14: Well, I didn't know if we connected or I just had a little bit semester drink. I'm just gonna be honest. It was a stressful day. And like my friend she's she was a little bit of a bright silla, Okay. I was just like, I'm going to try to get as much fun of I was wedding as I could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you're the first bid to say that.
Speaker 14: Oh my money is going to the liquor, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can get on board with that.
Speaker 4: No, you had some liquid courage going on. It sounds like I did.
Speaker 14: And like throughout the time they were playing songs and I was dancing, and I think I was dancing like a little bit too much. But I was trying not to span girl, but that look like extra despread.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so you're like giving him eyes or something.
Speaker 13: I was winking.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, there is like a middle round here where you want to show him like you're impressed by his musical skills, but not overly impress.
Speaker 3: Where you look, I just see a drunk girl winking really hard.
Speaker 4: He takes you lost a contact.
Speaker 2: Probably very few times panties get thrown on stage at a wedding.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it felt like threw Barry Moorish just like doing the Okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody remembers that movie as well.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, I'm enjoying my age too. That's really sad.
Speaker 2: Now and us take us to the most romantic part of you and Chris.
Speaker 14: When they had a break. I went over and I just like introduced myself.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 14: I brought over some chicken skewers. I brought over some food to the band and I was like, hey, do you guys do something to eat?
Speaker 4: I went over a man give him some food, free food.
Speaker 14: They were like really happy that I did that. So, like the whole reception, everything was really great, and I danced a little bit too much. I'm gonna admit to that.
Speaker 4: I a thing. Can you dance too much? The wedding get, the more people dance, the better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is a forty five minute dance limit on all weddings. If you go to the limit, you have to pay.
Speaker 14: When they put Shakira on and you think you can barely dance, you dance too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when did it move to romantic with the singer?
Speaker 14: Well, I wanted to stay over and help clean up, and honestly, I just wanted more time to talk to him.
Speaker 2: So you helped tear down the wedding.
Speaker 14: I was helping because it had to be down by a particular amount of time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 14: That wil gave me more time to talk to him.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good, so it's a win win.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: It's like, hey, do you want to go for a drink after this? And he's like no, I got to go home, but I wouldn't mind having a drink here.
Speaker 8: So you wanted to have a drink there with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least it wasn't like a full.
Speaker 8: Rejection like he was, yeah, let's hang out here.
Speaker 3: So there's like a bar attached somewhere, so yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 14: Was inside so we just went back in and we were just chatting for like thirty minutes. We exchanged numbers. I had a great time calling him, and I haven't heard it back from him.
Speaker 4: Do you think you read it wrong? Like maybe he's not even single. Yeah, it's like the girl who brought him foods is being nice back.
Speaker 2: How long has it been since you guys were at that wedding together?
Speaker 14: Honestly, like a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: That's a long time. Have you reached out to him?
Speaker 14: Yeah? I texted him and I called him a couple of times, but nothing.
Speaker 13: So I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're gonna call Chris for you in just a minute. Here, we'll try and get you a second date update, and you can tell him I want to grow old with you. She gets the reference. It's from Wedding Singers. It is, Yeah, it's the song. Okay, see him. Amanda's just going to be you and me on our own during this morning.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we can just do the movie Punch Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: We quote the movie. Try and get your second date update right after this. Hold on, thank you, smut you're getting.
Speaker 15: I want?
Speaker 4: Is this movie even good?
Speaker 2: I'm playing this song from the movie The Wedding Singer, because my co host didn't know what I was talking about when I quoted this song.
Speaker 4: Is that Adam Sandler?
Speaker 2: That is Adam Sandler's singer, But you don't remember the movie I've seen it. The main reason I'm playing it is because one of our listeners, Amanda, met the lead singer of a wedding band the other day and was super turned on. It's hard to compete with Adam Sandler rocking a mullet, but Chris, who she met and was singing in the band the other day, was even hotter. That's why she stuck around late after the wedding was done to help clean up, just so she could spend more time with him after that night, though no second date has emerged. Brook thoughts theories. Would you like to badger the witness?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Is your I mean, did you even ask him if he was single?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I did?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 4: There goes my number one theory.
Speaker 2: Well what did he say?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: Good, good fallow.
Speaker 8: Yeah he was like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, maybe, yeah, I'm a married man.
Speaker 4: I don't know a clue that. Maybe you were more sloppy drunk than you.
Speaker 8: Thought you were. Yeah, I mean, I want to say it, but we've all been way too.
Speaker 4: When you said that you danced too much, that's usually.
Speaker 8: Yeah, your brain was telling you to stop.
Speaker 2: But you would think as the lead singer of a wedding band, he would know that he's seen that before and would give.
Speaker 4: Her to go out with it on a date.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm coming. I'm trying to come in with a positive attitude here. Brook has no interest, So let's just call him and we'll see what he asked to say. You ready, Amanda, I'm ready?
Speaker 4: You got this?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey is this Chris?
Speaker 11: This is him?
Speaker 2: Hey Chris, my name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Hey, Chris, you're on the.
Speaker 2: Show at us.
Speaker 11: Okay, the random.
Speaker 2: Sorry, don't worry about my co host. You just focus on It's just you and me. Right now, we're doing something called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners who you met the other night at a wedding where you were performing.
Speaker 11: Okay, wait, this is like a dating show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys didn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's not saying you guys went on a date. She was just interested in possibly dating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe do you remember Amanda. One of the things she said that she did was brought some chicken skewers out to you and your bandaid. Yeah, I do, I do remember her?
Speaker 4: Oh you do? Okay, that's a good sign. I mean, I bet you meet so many people with what you do.
Speaker 8: It's pretty clutch getting food delivered to you. I mean that's pretty cool.
Speaker 11: I mean, it's a wedding band.
Speaker 9: It happened at every gig.
Speaker 2: Oh really required to feed the band in the contract? Okay, but I mean food aside. We were hoping to get a sense of what you thought about Amanda. You liked her at all?
Speaker 11: Yeah? She she was just a very very like a good dancer.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're going to say?
Speaker 11: She was a lot.
Speaker 2: She was a lot like a lot of dancing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, definitely a lot of dancing. That's that's for sure. But I think the biggest.
Speaker 2: Thing that really really like threw.
Speaker 11: Me off is that she left a third review on Yelp.
Speaker 4: Wait what and she didn't tell us this part? Was she just trying to help you out or something?
Speaker 3: I mean, she obviously thought you were a good singer, and also attractive.
Speaker 1: Yea, hopefully that's someone on the review she's like five stars, he's so hot.
Speaker 2: I actually a good review.
Speaker 11: Actually, I actually left a three star.
Speaker 8: Review, three star, three out of five.
Speaker 11: Three stars, and she like wrote, oh, the music was really good, but the lead singer never called me.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that is way too much information, like it's like a dating review.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was extremely awkward and and for me, like that really crossed the line, you know, like this is my business.
Speaker 4: And maybe she meant it as a joke.
Speaker 8: I dropping you said that, that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just trying to think of like it's gotta be she thought she was being funny.
Speaker 2: Could you say it as a grand romantic gesture?
Speaker 8: Three stars?
Speaker 10: I would try every social media like dming on literally every app before that.
Speaker 3: GI me though, were you planning on calling her back before you saw that Yelp review.
Speaker 11: I mean maybe I was thinking about it, but I've been busy, so it wasn't a matter of just like, oh damn, I haven't called it. But then when I saw that review on Yelp, now I just feel like her doing that makes me think, like, what else is she capable of? In terms of a dating situation.
Speaker 2: And I guess that's true. I mean, what lengths would she go to? Would she like call up a radio show and have them call you.
Speaker 4: So much more uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Because that's what's happening. And I feel like she's also on the other line right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I guess it's your chance to respond to the review.
Speaker 11: You guys are killing me here, Amanda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Amanda, Sorry, you seriously left him a negative review.
Speaker 14: Negative.
Speaker 9: It's not like you totally suck.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I don't go to three star restaurants, you know, like three stars.
Speaker 11: That's the thing, Amanda, like you leaving that affects my business. You know, people are looking to book a wedding band. They look at reviews like some.
Speaker 1: Bride out there is going to book you guys and go, well, he's not gonna call any of me or my bride's maid's bag.
Speaker 4: It looks trashy.
Speaker 3: It makes him look trashy, like he's like any on all the guests or something there and see that.
Speaker 2: Are you are you understanding that, Amanda?
Speaker 14: No, I totally get it. I'm willing to negotiate.
Speaker 8: Oh, nego.
Speaker 2: Negotiate it like talking about I don't know.
Speaker 14: I mean, like, how badly do you want me to change that review?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: You can take it down?
Speaker 2: You're going to hold his review ransom?
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, it's just like black I.
Speaker 14: Don't know, ransom negotiations.
Speaker 2: She sounds like she's smiling you What I'm saying, if Chris does go out on a date with you, are you willing to take it down or change it to a five star glowing review?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 9: Two dates to.
Speaker 4: That sounds crazy?
Speaker 14: Okay if we if we do one date, I'll do four stars. I'll promise that.
Speaker 13: I see if I promise that, actually one star day.
Speaker 11: So if we go out on the date, you will change the review at least the four stars. And you're saying we have to do two dates in order to get five?
Speaker 4: What are you seriously considering this?
Speaker 2: His business is a business man. I mean, you know I have to.
Speaker 11: I do admire her, her tenacity and a roundabout way of getting my attention.
Speaker 14: But okay, can I totally get points for creativity? Like give me something here?
Speaker 11: Hey, I'll give you that. That's for surely this was Survivor. I think you should probably win.
Speaker 2: So survivor like that, if anything, she could go with you to any of your future wedding gigs and dance a lot and hype you.
Speaker 14: Up, totally help manage just saying and negotiate me.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go that far. I was just going to be danced to get the whole crowd into it.
Speaker 4: But I'm just shocked that Chris is entertaining this idea.
Speaker 11: Hey, you know, it's a tough world out there, and I would leave.
Speaker 2: Amanda sounds over the moon. This is going We need to officially hear Chris say yes to a second date that we will pay for.
Speaker 11: Hey, it's one day, Like I think one day, I could probably get you to to leave a five star, So I guess I would be down.
Speaker 3: She's going to trap you into marriage just to save this business.
Speaker 2: I think that's the plot to a wedding singer. So well, congratulations you too. You guys got a date?
Speaker 11: Yeah, very unexpected.
Speaker 4: And Amanda, if you could leave us a review, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, we're called the Ryan Seacrest Show brooking Jeffrey in the morning, and I am so glad that this call happened for us today. Just goes to show the Brook and Jeffrey podcast doesn't have lots of bad reviews. It just has lots of people who want to date us and are trying to get attention.
Speaker 4: That's what that's it.
Speaker 2: We're the sexiest podcasts all platforms.
Speaker 3: Could you guys start going on more dates so we could up our stars. Yeah, that was messed up.
Speaker 4: That was kind of messing But he was into it.
Speaker 8: I think he had to be in.
Speaker 4: I don't think that that's it. I think that he you thought.
Speaker 2: It was real. I thought he was playing it up because he knew that she was on the phone just trying to make her feel comfort.
Speaker 8: She said, I can change it.
Speaker 5: He was like, oh, really, Like he hadn't thought of that, And then she's like maybe for.
Speaker 4: How that is the wedding business right now?
Speaker 3: That one review is going to But.
Speaker 8: If regardless, they're going out again.
Speaker 2: If you're ever getting some bad reviews on your dating life, you can always turn to us. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back and check out all of our second date updates on our highly rated podcast at Brook and Jeffrey wherever you get.
Speaker 7: Yours wink week Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: If you're still saying l O L I've got bad news. You're officially old. Oh no, because young people think l O L is cringe. No, No, same thing with l M A O l M f AO r O f l all that it's now considered old people humor and old people talk.
Speaker 4: Alexis is over here saying that his old news.
Speaker 2: Because we actually know when the very first LOL was used, we do. It happened in the nineteen eighties, thirty years ago by a dude in Canada named Dwayne Pearson, and he was in a chat room in the early days of the internet. His friend said something that actually made him laugh out loud, so he typed LOL, and his friend asked what it meant, and then when he explained it, all the other people in that chatroom started to use it, and it's spread from there. It's been around that long, but now its run is officially over.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well I had a good run, I mean good for it.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is New York Times just did a study on how LOL is dead.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know when it's bad.
Speaker 2: When a newspaper is calling. Yes, Now, what are you supposed to say when you think something's funny? Young people have started using ijbol.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's really similar, guys.
Speaker 2: It's like it's I just burst out laugh things. And instead of saying each letter like some crotchety, out of touch millennial, you're supposed to say each bowl, each bowl.
Speaker 4: That's going to be really embarrassing for you. Alexis in like ten years embarrassing.
Speaker 10: We're reporting this after the newspapers.
Speaker 4: Each bowl.
Speaker 2: Technically it's not even a new term. Each bowl has been around for over a decade. Young people, that because it seems newer than l ol. Right, but if you really want to each bowl, you got to stick around for some laser story.
Speaker 4: I'm each bowling right now. This sounds kind of naughty.
Speaker 2: That's coming up laser stories next. It's the radio segment that's trying to revolutionize breakfast for the under serviced swinger population who their new item is called swap tarts. Each pastry is shaped like a house key, and whoever has a matching tart, they're yours for the night. It's laser stories, sad, weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other ankle liquors just don't this first laser story is out of Homes, Sweet Homes. There's a handyman out there named Flash Shelton who says he's come up with a unique strategy to help you get rid of squatters. What does he do? Flash says, he'll literally move in with the squatter and make them so uncomfortable they leave.
Speaker 4: He out squats them, he does.
Speaker 2: That's the new service he's advertising, and he's got proof that it works. In fact, he recently had a renter who eventually refused to pay and they couldn't be removed immediately due to legal constraints, so Flash moved in. Within a week they were gone.
Speaker 4: What is he that terrible of a roommates?
Speaker 8: Oppressive? Yeah, or he's just annoying, Like I could probably do this.
Speaker 2: He says, is a good point.
Speaker 8: I'm an annoying guy. I can't kick anybody who your ear off.
Speaker 2: And says he gonna do the same for you. Flash says, once he signs a new lease, his favorite move is to just go in and sit on the couch, open the fridge and say, I don't know what you're doing, but this is my home now. He belches, loudly, leaves his dirty dishes in the sink and his shoes right in the middle of the kitchen table, because.
Speaker 4: You know, squatters notoriously clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's basically the worst roommate you could possibly imagine. Another one of his signature moves is to install ring cameras in every room and tell squatters they're on a reality TV show.
Speaker 3: Is it weird that I kind of want to be able to see those ring videos?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want a TV show. According to him, that works wonders because people want to get way as fast as possible and do not want to be seen on camera.
Speaker 8: And what are they gonna call the cops?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, other illegal.
Speaker 8: Guy is film me.
Speaker 2: If a squatter leaves the home even briefly, Flash acts quick to secure the house so they can't ever get back inside once they're off the problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's been hired for multiple jobs in person, but warns you don't think you'll be paying less than three thousand dollars for his services.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe I'll keep the squatter no personal.
Speaker 2: Go to your next laser story. Out of Tokyo, Japan is a notoriously hard working country that emphasizes extreme dedication to one's work.
Speaker 4: I've never wanted to move there. Literally, that's the only recess stable.
Speaker 2: In order to put up with that kind of grueling schedule and stress, some Japanese workers turn to short power naps for their day.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, god, you know me those.
Speaker 2: But if you're on the job, where do you nap? Well? One company says they have the solution by installing vertical sleeping pods called Giraffe naps. Here's a photo.
Speaker 4: It can't lay down, so it works.
Speaker 2: The company says they've created the pods with support points for various parts of the body that'll hold up your head, your butt, calves, and feet to ensure that the user maintains their upright position when napping.
Speaker 4: They hate laying down so much takes.
Speaker 2: Up too much space.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Each Giraft nap also features an alarm system that can be set by the user, an onboard sound machine, and a built in ventilation system.
Speaker 9: Oh good.
Speaker 3: We cannot put one of these here now, Yeah, I would badnap.
Speaker 8: I would hang upside down on top of that.
Speaker 2: Overall, they're getting rave reviews from cafe business owners and from regular people. One person who tried it says it feels like you're a baby. Being pressed up against your mother's chest.
Speaker 9: Sweet.
Speaker 2: Another said it's a little scary at first. If your claustrophobic, do not at the timer to forty five minutes like he did. Otherwise it does take a while for it to unlock.
Speaker 8: I was waking up just like somebody.
Speaker 3: This is the opposite of are supposed to be sleepy?
Speaker 2: This next the story is out of chat GP. Who on your pros and CON's list for AI? Better add this to the cons side. Now it can steal your password just by listening to you type.
Speaker 3: Wow because we like pressed down harder on certain keys or something.
Speaker 2: A team at Cornell found out it's possible by training an AI to do it, and they had it listen in while they tapped on each key on a keyboard twenty five times, and it learned what each one sounded like. Oh so different.
Speaker 4: All they have to do to get my husband's password is just tell him that they have a really good deal. He seems to be giving it out willy nilly lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's something could use if they were sitting near you in a place like Starbucks.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 2: The researchers basically created those conditions for their test. They used a phone to listen in on other people typing, and the AI was able to guess which keys they were hitting with ninety five percent accuracy.
Speaker 4: Damn, good time to be a scammer. How are they called researchers and not hackers? Isn't that what they're trying.
Speaker 8: To do here this point?
Speaker 2: Then they tried it over zoom and it was still ninety three percent of the time.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: It works by analyzing the sound that each keystroke makes and also how quickly one key is typed after the other, because it might take you longer to hit the X on your keyboard than it does the as So.
Speaker 4: What if you just scream every time you push a button?
Speaker 2: Try it in the dust. I guess we're just.
Speaker 8: Right now. I'm logging the face.
Speaker 2: Experts say it's more proof that how we log into stuff needs to change.
Speaker 4: Instead of our finger and don't they.
Speaker 2: Just fingerprints and hair follicle verification. That's going to be the new way to go.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna give them My first born child is that.
Speaker 2: You can only walk in once. At that point, this next lacer stories out of the world of work. You feel like you're working too much and not just at your job, but you're also doing housework and parenting and paying bills and on and on and on and on.
Speaker 7: I am tired.
Speaker 4: Are you saying life by the way, it's life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's a formula you can use to figure out whether you really are working too much okay and not giving your brain and body a chance to relax. It's called the forty two percent rule.
Speaker 4: Catch me out?
Speaker 7: How about that?
Speaker 2: Basically, studies have found your brain and body need to spend at least forty two percent of their time relaxing.
Speaker 3: What how could that's possible if you have kids?
Speaker 4: That there is no way you have kids?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 2: To break it down, forty two percent of your twenty four hour day is ten hours, So ten hours has to include sleep, exercise, watching TV, reading, or anything else that you do to relax or unwind.
Speaker 4: So you could be a Kardashian and that could work out. But that's about it.
Speaker 2: So what happens if you don't give your body forty two percent of time to relax? Eventually they say you will burn out, you'll get sick, or you'll wind up sleeping for at least twelve hours for a few days. Because it needs to catch up.
Speaker 8: That's happened to me.
Speaker 2: And you know what they say, early to bed and early to rise makes a turtle happy with a shoe between his thighs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I say.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah yeah, and that turtles relaxing and getting his forty two percent rule in yeah yeah it sound means lays of stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time. On Friday. Got a brand new player to win Brooks Bucks. Her name is Sophia and she was actually born in Italy. Cool and Italian people, or as we call them Italy, it's we that's what they're called. Yeah, I would ask.
Speaker 4: Sophia, I'm gonna get the locals. You can call them whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Love their food. So as what's her top three favorite Italian foods? And Sophia's aid Number one pizza.
Speaker 7: Oh that a girl.
Speaker 2: It's better in Italy than it is over here.
Speaker 9: Yes, for sure, hands down.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: That number two was gelato.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I just want to swim, I just want to bathe in it so good.
Speaker 2: What flavor?
Speaker 13: I do really like mint, which is unpopular, but it really is.
Speaker 4: I really like pistachio.
Speaker 2: Her third favorite Italian food canole, just because you can say it with the accent the canoes.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now we're all hungry, so we're gonna send check out. She's gonna go to the ram and bring us all back some food. And while she's out there, we're gonna explain the rules. Sofia, you got thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 2: Good, good luck? Your time starts now on this day. In nineteen sixty two, Pete Best was removed from the Beatles and replaced by who Paul, John George or ringo Oh. The first issue of Sports Illustrated was published on.
Speaker 9: This day in what decade the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 2: Originally called Marathon, What candy Bar changed its name globally in nineteen ninety uh Which Kardashian owns a denim brand called Good American Chloe Kardashian. Joe Biden is what number president.
Speaker 13: Of forty six?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, through out a guess on that one. We'll see If you're right, Brook's going to come back into the studio and it looks like, Sofia, did you start a new job working from home? Or have you always had this job in tech?
Speaker 13: I started when I graduated from college, so I've had it for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Okay, Top three things you love about being in tech o.
Speaker 4: We're just making our list everything, all top.
Speaker 2: Three lists.
Speaker 8: On the show.
Speaker 2: Top Yeah, just tell us one, what's what do you like about working in tech?
Speaker 13: I like that it gives me flexibility and creativity.
Speaker 2: She's Italian and she's flexible. Wow, put that on your dating a prosa.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say she's young and hopeful, which is nothing that we are anymore.
Speaker 2: All Right, Sophia, your turn is done. We're going over to Brook You ready, Yeah, I'm ready. Your time starts now. On this day. In nineteen sixty two, Pete Best was removed from the Beatles and replaced by Who Paul Okay. The first issue of Sports Illustrated was published on this day in what decade? Sports Illustrated sixties global are originally called Marathon What candy Bar changed its name globally in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: Uh Marathon U Snickers.
Speaker 2: Which Kardashian owns a denim brand called Good America oh, Chloe, Joe Biden is what number president?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Almost one. We'll see if you're right. Go to the scoreboard with Jose.
Speaker 4: So did you eat a lot of French onion soup last night?
Speaker 2: Or is that just the natural scent your body secretes?
Speaker 8: Some girl said that to me. Yeah, you got to correct today they say a dwar and don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, He's gonna trust Jose and Brook You got thar? Sorry I speak Italian if you don't.
Speaker 4: How does one innocent segment? Do we have a whole country hating?
Speaker 2: Let's get the answers in for everybody on the stay. In nineteen sixty two, Pete Bess was removed from the Beatles got replaced by Ringo Star. Wow, he was the original drummer. Did not know that I ever knew that first issue of Sports Illustrator was published on this day in the nineteen fifties. Nineteen fifty four was the first one. Originally called Marathon. They changed it to Snickers in nineteen ninety. Globe Bide it was the UK.
Speaker 8: It was still Marathon up until nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: That's a weird name change.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: Chloe Kardashian owns the Denham brand good American and Joe Biden is president number forty.
Speaker 4: So many.
Speaker 8: And it's like another old white dude.
Speaker 2: We get it now, we have the Americans hating us too. There we go, Sophia. Unfortunately we can't give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win a pair of tickets to see Sam Smith perform at Climate Pledge Arena on August twenty third.
Speaker 5: Awesome, thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you probably work from the concerts since you can work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could watch him work.
Speaker 6: Get work big.
Speaker 2: I'll bring my laptop and a big scoop of gelato to enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Hey, that was fun to play with you, Sophia.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah good, meaning you guys than I'm glad.
Speaker 4: You're doing this instead of actually working when you're out right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah sweet. Since you're free to come back and play anytime, you're welcome on the show. We'll be back to the Windbrooks Bock same time tomorrow
Speaker 7: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.