Speaker 1: We like to welcome every one to another episode Against the Chronicles podcast. And I'm with my guy Jill. Trump is in big trouble, man. Trump is in big trouble. You know what I'm saying, what ain't undead? What Trump done did? Now?
Speaker 2: They've been slapping Trump left and right a lot lately. Man, What's going on next?
Speaker 1: Exactly? This is Donald Trump's fourth criminal indictment in five months. But in a few ways the charge is brought by Georgia grand jury on Monday are some of the heftiest he's facing. Legally, they may be trickier for the former president to wiggle out of, and politically they pose fresh narrative challenges even for a candidate who has a solid grip on the GOP primary race. He's in trouble, man, They're saying. What they're saying now is that you know how he usually wiggles its way out of stuff. Mm it may it be a little bit more difficult for him. He may actually go to jail behind us man. Hum if. But I'm gonna tell you what I believe is gonna happen. I don't know. I'm not gonna claim to be the biggest political pundit on the planet. But what I think is gonna happen is you're gonna have one of these other nominees jump on the back of this right here, and that's gonna be their whole campaign platform. Is I'm going to I'm going to exonerate Donald Trump if I get an office, and all the Trump supporters gonna go vote for him.
Speaker 2: That could be a slick way to try to get ahead of you know, because like you said, I don't even think with all the shit that's going on with DT right now, he's still running, you feel me. He's still campaigning and running. So he's still running and doing it. I guess, you know, you know, but when when you got that power, man, you know, you know, motherfucker's wig a lot of shit when you in those positions. That's that's why I said I've never gotten too heavy in the politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but check this out though. This is what's interesting. The butter door dog. Trump has been charged alongside eighteen the defendants, ranging from his high profile alleys like his former attorney Rudy Giuliani, a former White House Chief of Staff Mark Medals, to Trayvian Cutty, a former publicist who pressured an election worker. The falster admitted committee election fraud. See Trayvian Cutty. She used to be Kanye West's publicist. She was the main one down there pressing this old lady. Even went to her house and said, this woman needs protection. I was trying to scare the old lady. So she was really trying to press her into doing some shit she wasn't supposed to do. It was crazy, man. But you know, speaking of politics, and this has very little to do with politics for me. I understand that we want to keep Russia from gaining the strongholds. That's our biggest enemy or whatever. Right, But what I'm not understanding we've given millions of dollars to the Ukraine. Right now, they just named they just said that they're going to give him another two hundred million for the security fund or whatever. Right. We had the fires in Hawaii, the biggest fire ever in this country. From what I believe, people don't die, people don't lost their homes. Everything is what our president. You know what our great president just did. Yeah, he just sent them a check for seven hundred whole dollars. Yeah, several hundred whole dollars. You just just think about this.
Speaker 2: You don't got flamming, you got families jumping in the motherfucking ocean and shit, because everything is burnt. What the fuck is seven hundred dollars is gonna do? That's the thing, bro. Now now you sent two hundred million over to the Ukraine. I don't That's why I say I don't understand politics because I don't understand how or who decides who get what?
Speaker 1: Like do they? Is it?
Speaker 2: Because you know they got that saying that the enemy of my enemy or some shit, the.
Speaker 1: Enemy of my enemy is so.
Speaker 2: So I guess they looking at it like because we don't want to get into a boxing match with Russia. We want to stand on the side. But we're gonna We're gonna whatever y'all need. We're gonna support. Now who decides to where when you got Hawaii burning like it is? Who makes the decision to go with? Fucking let's just send them some honey.
Speaker 1: Exactly because me and you pay a lot of taxes every year, man.
Speaker 2: And then my thing is this, like right they set aside moneys or whatever, and then they always talking about we in deficits and shit, right, but miraculously we can come up with billions and billions right to.
Speaker 1: Allocate everything else.
Speaker 2: And now I'm not saying that it's you know, we don't want to see nobody suffer and attack. You know, that's the that's the American way. You know, motherfucker scream help. Were going over there to body power motherfuckers. We got the guns, we got everything. But it always seems like when it come to problems at home, we can never fix problems at home.
Speaker 1: And you know, we're going to have the homegirl tisling for girl come on the show, and I think that'd be a good idea to have Tears come on and talk about the infrastructure of our government when it comes to things like that, who gets money, who gets allocated what? Because all I can see right now is living out here in Los Angeles. You got people living outside on the side of the freeways. Definitely, you have a huge homeless problem across the country. Yeah, you have the situation that's going on Hawaii. I could think of a number of issues that we have on our own home front that this money could be allocated to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could have used two hundred million. But then it's always a saying of I don't know, it's some slick backwards shit that we ain't gonna do right, or motherfucker's always undercutting shit when it comes to us here, and then a lot of the times it be you know, our own people and shit. So yeah, I like to have the homegirl tesling on here. So I like to you know, find out, you know, who decides, you know what I'm saying, because like I said, I'm not political, but it would be interesting to know who who has that right of the pen to go get these motherfuckers a billion and then get these motherfucker seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: And that's where Teeslam is great at. You know what Teslam is good at. Tesslam is good at breaking down the whole political landscape for the average person sitting there. Definitely, because the average person sitting at home doesn't go out of vote to get into politics because it seems like a bunch of stuff that's not common sense. It's not rooted in common sense. Because if I'm in my house and my kids are hungry, what sense does it make for me to walk down the street and take the family down the street to dinner. Exactly my kids at home hungry. It's almost like that's what the American government is set up to do. We don't take care of home. Because I'm gonna tell you the hypocrisy of this all. I remember when Glasses was standing in this loft. He was standing in this loft downtown, and it was expensive. Man, he was paying fire like twenty grand a month to stay in there, no shit. But to walk in there, you have to walk over homeless people. And I said, man, this is typical right here. We walk over the homeless to get to the kind of light to the promised land a little bit. And those people and I just looked at it. I stood back for like five minutes and just checked it out because I said, all these people going in their building, they on their cell phones or whatever. They walking into this building, but they walk. It's almost like the homeless people were invisible, like THEYMN got so accustomed to them being out there. Because I saw a guy walking down street, he on his cell phone. Somebody asked him for some change, he just ignored him and kept on going this way. And me, I've always been a type of floss I can't like, especially if it's a kid or a woman. It's something anybody. If I got a few dollars in my pocket. I usually here you go, man, you need this more to me because I can go home, open my refixederator and eat for we are really fortunate, man, and I count my blessings every day. And this leads me to something, man, that I wanted to really talk about the night for the meet, to show we are really living in a credulous society right now, man, to where people would rather believe a lie rather than the truth. That's always uh. Nowadays it's not about the truth. Uh.
Speaker 2: Nowadays it's about just getting the story out to motherfuckers. And I don't give a fuck if it's the truth for a lie, I just want to broadcast some bullshit.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it's came down to, man, there's some people out there that make a lot of money off these platforms, right right, So you got a case of people really being intellectually lazy nowadays. Instead of going to go do research, you know how to come in, I'll call you a and say, okay, we go kind of talk about this this, right, we get the subjects together or whatever, just together. Our show is more of a long form conversation, so it's not really no just big focal point. We don't just go in on something. We have a regular conversation about it like you would with a hommy and the hood, right, just to get down the route of stuff. We don't claim to have all the answers, but it's some things if we're deem it important to talk about, we talk about it. Definitely. I think we lived in the era right now, man, where the truth is almost like taboo nowa days. You know, people even I believe and I don't. I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all, but you even have certain people, man, it seemed like they disappear if they tell the truth about certain stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be careful and shit like the wrong that being truthful nowadays might get you in the world of trouble on shit, even though you're just trying to put out information.
Speaker 1: You feel me so, yeah, But you know what, I've always felt like it's our duty, man, because on the podcast we got a substantial amount of listeners right right, and I feel it's almost destructive to not do your research or something, because like the other day, I got a text message from somebody and that's afford from somebody else that one of the homies had passed away. I got a text rest in peace, Black Tone. Okay, Now this person sent this out without doing the research and nothing to find out if it's true before I especially when it's a death or something like that important. I always like to call people a very five before I put out certain information because you can have somebody's mama at home that don't know nothing about this, and next thing you know, she looking at the Internet and see rest in Peace such and such. Now she's about to have a heart attack because she don't know what's going on with her kid. But it's not even true, so she's blowing her kid up or whatever to find out if this is true. But it turned out to be Black Tone's father, Rest in peace, Earnest. But that's just one of the primary examples.
Speaker 2: People just go off or people just put out whatever, like I said, without fact checking and shit.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell you what the problem is. Eight Who I blame? I blame you? You catch up? You y'all, y'all do all this because people are so consumed about bullshit nowadays, we would have a bigger range of topics if that's what people wanted to hear. Yeah, but when you coming with some stuff that's edifying. They don't want to hear that, bro. They would rather hear a lot. They would rather hear well, eight did this, I heard he did this. I heard still debt.
Speaker 2: Rumors intrigue people, man, I mean shit rumors intrigue motherfuckers to where. I mean, you see this shit just over just over shit like videos or fucking just conversations or people don't give a fuck about what the truth is. Really the aspect is just let me put out some shit. Got I'm like, I see this shit all the time. But I guess it's now the days of people want to be the first one to broadcast some shit you give me because that makes them go viral or there makes them get a gang of clicks or likes, so whatever the fuck they after. But like I said, today is the day of shit, nigga, I don't care if it's the truth. I'm gonna be the first one to broadcast the shit so my motherfucking page can blow up real quick.
Speaker 1: That's all people care about now. People care about those clicks, views, likes and all that the other stuff. Man, It's social currency has become the new stand. If you ask the average kid today nowadays, what he would rather have? Would he rather have ten twenty thousand dollars in his pocket or cracking ass Instagram pledge. Most of those kids go say the cracking ass.
Speaker 2: Instagram Yeah, you know, definitely, because they feel I can generate more income off the cracking page. You know, that's the end goal, you know, And you can't make some money out there, man, But at what point does it become too much?
Speaker 1: Because I really believe the area that we're living in right now, man, somebody's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be careful with the information you put out, man. It's especially coming from you know, the walks of life in the streets that Nigga's been into. It can get treacherous and dangerous by putting out false information or you know, by just spreading rumors or talking, you know, because now everybody wants to prove you know, they're worth or how tough, or their authority. And then you know what I'm saying, motherfuckers will get into a world of trouble by just broadcasting shit they know nothing about.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It just amazes me how and the shit is crazy because a lot of these motherfuckers be older motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing. It's all that's a scary part about it, bro.
Speaker 2: Like, it's crazy to know that a nigga you know my age, want to be you know, or older and influenced by this life of social media.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know. It's just different from me. Well, you know what it is, man, You have a lane right now. It's almost easy money. Like it's easy money. You know. You go in front of a camera a couple hours, if we can talk shit, you can make anywhere from seven thousand dollars a month only ten fifteen thousand dollars a month, just sitting on your ass at home telling them lies.
Speaker 2: But what happens is and then I'm tell motherfuckers, like everybody want to be famous today that that that bug has really bitten a lot of motherfuckers, Like you see, mother, people do anything to become famous. And whether it's controversy, making a fool of themselves or fucking I'm gonna swallow a gallon of fucking dishwashing liquid.
Speaker 1: Or or I'm.
Speaker 2: People will go through all fucking extremes nowadays to be social media famous. You feel me, like it just amazes me, man, who who niggas want to be like, nobody won't be normal no more. Everybody wants to join this fucking world of of podcasting or controversy or whatever. And then it's ridiculous for some niggas because they ain't got shit to talk about. But you see, it's like the new rap. This is the new oak game or the new rap game. You know what I'm saying, Start your podcast, get on and start talking shit about somebody, and you're gonna blow the fuck up. But anyway, I'm peeping out this story too, about you know, because nigga loves some some sports man, some football, some shit like that. What do you think about the Michael or shit, the Michael Orr stuff. I don't know what to think about it.
Speaker 1: You know, I know that when they go out to make these movies on people's lives, they tend to umbellish. You almost have to umbel It's just a little bit because you know, you're putting a story together, and so in between you telling the main thesis of your story, the main premise of your story, you have the little things in the back around the little nuance. It's like somebody's stopping at the story though you may not have stopped the story during the extual time, just little stuff to make the movie go.
Speaker 2: It sucked up because I liked it. I like the movie and to think that, you know, motherfuckers, but you know, it shouldn't be shocking to motherfuckers to know that people take advantage of the underprivileged.
Speaker 1: You feel me, you know what they're bro.
Speaker 2: And then the situation, you know, he can't like a lot of us, low income family poverty, stricten living in the projects, you know. So like he's saying, there was all a plot to begin with.
Speaker 1: So Michael or As saying this as well.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, he's saying it was a plot to begin with you.
Speaker 1: But you know what I think though, man by me being fortunate enough to have a son in the NFL. He's in the second year with the Seahawks. Now, as you know, those kids go through a lot of stuff, right, So for you know, for any parent in high school thing about their kid going to the NFL, that's a good dream to have, but it's very very it's howly unlikely that they are going to go to the NFL. You understand what I mean when you talk about odds, You know, whenever you have something in which people make a lot of money, it gets more and more crowded. You feel what I'm saying, and her kind of gets thinner as far as who's going to get shows the higher up you go, like right, like it's like in Pop Warner. You tell the kids, you know, all those kids that you have in the park, it may be only one percent of your team that actually goes on to high school and gets an athletic scholarship. You understand what I mean. Some of those kids may not even play football in high school. Then you get to the high school level, right, only a small percentage of those kids are going to go off and go on to college. And in college, only a small percentage of those kids are going to make it to the NFL. Because everybody in the NFL is good, bro from the guy that's the first The different inso between the first round pick guy the first round, the guy drafted in the first round, and the guy drafted in the seventh eighth round is very minute. It's like, this is little things like work ethic, attitude. The guy that got drafted in the seventh round might have had might might have had a problem the weed or whatever. Just little things, you know, which could cost him to slide. That's why the majority of the NFL is made up of free agency low round draft picks. Because even with the guys that get drafted in the first round year, they get a bag of money, but they got an immense amount of pressure on them. So I don't know if this lady looked at this kid in high school and said, you know what, I'm going to help him because one day he may become a famous football player. I don't know, And I want to practice what I preached, because, like we just talked about, the truth is just not a slatis and juicy as a lie. Yeah this sounds you know, so these people could have had very well had good intentions, Like I don't know, I don't know why Michael Orr would have a reason to lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he feeling like he was exploited because you know, apparently they've made millions of dollars off the shit. You know, he didn't make too much money that I could be it too.
Speaker 1: You never know, man could be a thing to where they just feeling like they invested a lot of time in that dude and they benefiting from him. Right, Because again I'm I'm really choosing to roll the dice if I go pick a big six seven, three hundred pound kid off on the street and say I'm gonna work this dude. I'm gonna feed them, clothe and provide for him with hopes of him going to the NFL one day. And plus from what I understand, these people have money already supposedly, you know, supposed that they have money or could have that could have been a part of the film that was embellished. I wasn't there, you know, we wasn't here to make a judgment, but I would say this, if they did do that to that kid, that's messed up. If that was their whole thing and it worked out for him, but it was a good chance it couldn't have worked out. You know, it could have went either way.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I can understand where he coming from because you can kindly put situations of young of young black dudes from the neighborhood who get exploited. Shit, I was a motherfucker who got exploited. I was seventeen years old when I didn't know nothing about royalties or publishing, and the motherfucker came in and took all that shit. Yeah, because they felt like, oh, you know, motherfucker don't know so hey that I don't know. Motherfuckers just don't give muff to just do of the work they put in. I don't know, because guess they felt like they deserved, you know, more like yeah.
Speaker 1: But then this picture they look happy.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's then you know, of course shit gonna come out down the line. Like he said, they guarantee they made sure that their kids got millions of dollars off the shit, off the whole story, off the whole So I think his main right maybe ask you what I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: I'm going to read this. Michael o' here, the subject of the hit two thousand and nine movie The blind Side, has come forward with allegations that the Wilthy two Uwie family established the conservativeship in which they profited from his name, image, and likeness, and now members of the Towey family are now speaking out. The thirty seven year old former NFL offensive lineman filed a petition Monday asking that Shelby County, Tennessee Probate Court for the established Conservative ship he dissolved in court documents. O Here argued that the Twoy's convinced him to sign documents that agreed to the Conservatives Ship in two thousand and four. The two thousand and four Conservative Ship filling claims that o'here wanted the Twis to be his legal guardians up until he became twenty five years old, or until the Conservative Ship was dissolved by a court beforehand. O'haire's petition five Monday stated this Conservative ship is unnecessary as Michael O'Hare is capable of handling his own affairs. Shine Towey, the Twey family patriarch, told The Daily Memphian that none of O'Hare's allegations are true. We didn't make any money off the movie, the sixty three year old sports commentator told the Daily Memphics, and he heard the news of the laws touit after friends in him the article from ESPN, who first reported the story. This could be just a misunderstanding, but I feel where he could feel some kind of way. Yet, is that you know we did this? How old is he? Shit? Why he's twenty five now? No, he's not twenty five. At the time, it said that the Conservative ship they had would go on till he was twenty five or whatever.
Speaker 2: Or a judge dissolved it. So apparently they are still running the Conservative ship. That's that Britney Spears shit. It's that same shit. Now look at this. I kind of ride with the like I don't know. Again, not to call Michael no lie right.
Speaker 1: Two He told the local Memphis newspaper that Michael Lewis, the author of the book that The Blindside Felm is based on, gave his family half of the share of profits from the book, saying that everybody in the Tweed family got an equal share, including Michael, of about fourteen thousand dollars each. You know them book advances aren't really that big, right, So okay, we were never yeah, let me go on. We were never offered money. We never asked for money. My money is well documented. You can look up how much I sold my company for it. Two, he said the Conservative ship at the center of the petition filed money. Two, he said, had nothing to do with the movie, telling the Daily Memphian it was a way to satisfy the Ncuba. When it appeared o'here might play football at the University of Mississippi, Michael was obviously living with us for a long time, and then ncuble A didn't like that too. He said. They said the only way Michael could go to the Old Myss was if he was actually part of the family. Twi said he sat Michael down and told him, if you're planning to go to old Myths or even considering Old miss we think you should have to be part of the family. This would do that legally, TWI said. If oh Here wants to end the Conservative ship now, he would of course be willing to end it. He also told The Daily Memphian that he began his sense of growing distance between old Here and the two we's starting a year and a half ago. We're devastated. It's upsetting to think we would make money off of any of our children, tw he said. But we're going to love Michael at thirty seven, just like we loved him at sixteen.
Speaker 2: So at thirty seven, why are you still running his shit? Why do you feel that when he turned twenty five, Why didn't you just say we're gonna break this shit. Why is it fucking thirty years later and you're still holding his shit?
Speaker 1: Why? Yeah, no, this is his side. This is what he's saying while the blind side went on to make over three hundred million at the global box office. O'here alleged he received nothing from the film, while the Two Wee's made millions, according to the petition. Additionally, in February of this year, O'Hair said he discovered that legally he was not actually a part of the Towey family. In the film, it was portrayed that O'Hare was adopted by the Two We's after he begins sporadically staying with the family the summer after his junior year of high school. According to the petition, the Twoey's invited O'Hare to live with them next July and was later presented with the Conservative ship. What he signed, however, unknown to Michael until after February twenty twenty three, were not adoption papers order equivalent of adoption papers. The petition that legs NPR's multiple requests for comment from both Lee and Tuey and the Twey family's nonprofit organization Make It Happen were not immediately answered. Michael o'her in his attorney, also did not immediately respond to NPR's requests for comments, so.
Speaker 2: He said he thought he was signing adoption papers. From what he was signing was conservative ship, meaning that we would control everything, your likeness, image, money, everything, We control that.
Speaker 1: You know, what our producers say in the background is that the Tui family legally perched them a big six seven, three hundred pounds, a big nigga they want out have bought them a big nigga money off. You know what. That might become a thing in the South though, man, because it's a lot of dudes to stay in fucked up environments. That might be the new thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know you look at that as a as a I mean, like I said, I said, every time, if a nigga can fuck you, he gonna fuck you if you think he can get away with it. Right, So do you can ship with the Britney Spears shit?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What they thought? She was plumb loco? Right, she can't handle her shit. So who the daddy or somebody was running the conservative shit? Okay? Then, even though after all this time, she like, why y'all still running my shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And you know the part of this I can't understand me and you both have her own biological children, right right. My son is a fireman. My oldest son is a fireman. He makes really good money. I don't ever ask him for dim that's his money, right, Chris doing this thing? I ain't never told Chris, hey man, I did this for you when you was a kid. I drove you to all these practices, took you to all these trailer Let me get something, and you know how much that costs. Damn. I spent the bag on Chris, but I'll spend bags on all my children to ensure their futures success. Is that they don't owe me nothing. I don't look back nothing from them. Now. You know, Chris, if you're hearing this right enough, you want to go on to bout Pops. You make that fiftye man Ross, you want to go and give me the f one fifty. I ain't gonna stop you where three fifty? You know you can't bless? Yeah you get a double shot. Yeah, but he don't owe me nothing, bro. I did that because I wanted to see Mark's children be successful. And at twenty five, they damn sure grown enough to handle their own stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely, And and and sometimes you gotta Sometimes you're gonna make mistakes, but that's how you learn from them. Uh to me, I look at that like, you know, somebody who just want to be in total control of somebody's life. You know, your finance is what you do, you know whatever, whatever. I think that's a bit extreme. Now, somebody really has issues in their mental and you know they're sitting on a hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Of course you can't.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, you gotta look out for him, cause somebody to look out for him. But at what point do you go, Okay, let's try to let you work your own shit.
Speaker 1: Well, I give you a prime example. Chris his first year in the league. You know, he was expected to be drafted, but he wasn't. He wound up going as he initially went to Pittsburgh first week of the season, they released him, but he went to Miami. He went played for Dolphins the next day. He got picked up next day, and he was on a practice squad with them for a whole year. Then, you know, you went through the whole thing of the quarterback getting hurt down there. They had to make had guys coming off of I, you know, I R so they had to make room on the roster. Right. So I'll tell you this now. When Chris first went down to Miami again, he's a kid, but that's his money. I suggested to him, I said, dude, why don't you just stay in a hotel for now, you know, until you fully, you know, see how the situation plays out. Because in the NFL a number of different things cappened. It's a business, exactly, and if a guy, if a quarterback, gets hurt, that impacts your status, especially the lower you are in down team. And for those that don't know what the practice squad else, the practice squad they do everything with the team, practice with them and everything. They just don't get to play in the games exactly. But they make a whole bunch of money to practice. Pretty much, they make a whole bunch of money to practice. They're professional football players. But anyone can get plucked off that practice squad team at any time. Like if I'm like, let's say that the Raiders looking for a corner, they could call on the thing and saying, okay, instead of bringing the older guy back when he played no football in a few years, let's get this kid off, you know, snatch this kid out of Miami. He got fresh slaves. Let's bring him in. But if they bring you in, they got to put you on the fifty three man roster. But with the uncertainty of this business, I told him, I said, hey, why don't you wait before you do this. Now, I'm gonna go get this man. He went and got him a Laide spread, had his spread laid out, furniture and everything. I looked at it. One day he faced Timmy. I said, damn, you live in Largs. Guess what happens two weeks later, time ago, your boy. Two it gets hurt. Two, it gets hurt. They got a guy that's coming off of ir they got another offensive line and it's hurt. So they have to bring somebody in. So with that happening, they're gonna have to bring some of those guys off the active roster and put him on the practice roster. Exactly. They go through there. Okay, some will have to let you go. They only have so much room on a team. But I said all this to say this, I could have told my son and been more vocal about, man, you better not go spend money on that crib, but don't do this, don't buy that car, don't do this. But that's his money. Yeah, he had to learn a lesson. Sometimes you gotta let your kids make little mistakes so they'll see what you're talking about is real.
Speaker 2: You have to, like, you know, it's nothing better than learning from experience first you can know what not to do. You know, I did a lot of dumb shit when I was young, spending money on this and that. You know, and you learn. You became very to where now when you get money and checks. You know what I'm saying, that shit goes into savings and shit. There's nothing that I haven't had wanted being or whatever you feel me, I went through that stage. But sometimes it's better to let a motherfucker experience so they learn, you know what I'm saying. I tell my son, I tell anybody you give me you live, and you learn from from shit exactly.
Speaker 1: And I went all you know, I went, took that roundabout way just to give that example because it's his money and I want him to learn because you know, this year a whole different kid, whole different kid. All his focuss is on being a contributor to the team, nothing else. He not. You know, everybody has goals and aspirations, but you have to wait until you achieve certain things. It's like I tell my my family members at home, right. I tell my family and this is more for life, not my immediate household, but the cousins, you know, uncles, the aunt teas and everybody. Because see people that really think you're rich, I let them know. Look, I'm making a living that can end at any time. Definitely. I have multiple things that I do to make money. Though I'm a manager. We do this podcast, we got the TV stuff that we're doing now. It's other things that I do to make money. Right, But I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination. And you really, you may think you're rich when you're younger because you got this much money. It's the most money you've ever had until you start getting around other motherfuckers who really rich, and you realize, Man, I ain't got no money. I'm not rich. You got to steal grind. I'm not rich, man, I'm like everyone else. I got a job, man, And if I make the only thing I have is the security of being allowed to make maybe one or two small mistakes. But I make a major mistake, I could be throughful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be careful with shit nowadays, man, I try to be careful with I try to be careful and watch what I do. Like I said, you go through experiences and then you change shit up. People want to think you different or you got soft, or you don't turn and being somebody different. But man, that's just growing up and maturing and learning from the experiences. So h you try to instill that in people you fuck with, your kids or whoever you feel.
Speaker 1: Me that's that's one hundred percent. You know what, man speaking the mistakes. Man, they don't give your boy some serious time. Man, Tory Lanez is getting a man ten years Oh my gosh, ten years when really I was seeing the whole time when they offered him that first deal, when they offer due the first deal, I think he should have took it. Me and Glass was talking about He said, Man, I think Tory should have took that deal. He would have been out by now.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't put myself in those situations like that. And I still don't know what the fuck happened. I mean, I did the nigga shooter, Like what the fuck? What I think? What I mean? Did he come down to that?
Speaker 1: And why? Why? Shit at the end of the day, why, well, you know what.
Speaker 2: Man, this is what I don't wish jail upon No nigga, you know what I'm saying. But hey, sometimes we make motherfucking mistakes, and you know how that shit work when it comes to the motherfucking pop pole, Nigga, you can't slide out.
Speaker 1: Of shit, especially out in California with the gun. I tell all the homies all the time, they got the rough gun laws here. We got rough gun laws. I tell the homies on fourth of July New Year's that want to go in their backyard and pop their pistols. I tell them all the time. Man, I said, Man, you miss around to go to jail man fucking with them guns like that. Man, California is not like Ohio and Ohio. We get to walk around with our pistols. Texas. You could walk around with your pistol Atlanta. You could walk around with your pistol out here. If I went outside right now and pop and somebody sees it and calls the police and not get caught, I am going to jail loawfully discharge the fhe home. Yeah, we got this. We got some bad gun laws here. But you know we got some of the roughest gang shit here too, So you know, uh, you fall on the sword with that one because you carry your pistol here and you get caught.
Speaker 2: I mean, shit, I didn't. I done got caught with pistols three times. You know what I'm saying. There's no way around it. Thank gods, you weren't Poplar. You went to jail every time. Goddamn right, every time. They're looking looking for prison time too. They don't be playing and shit, so they don't.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna read the Tory Lanes case. So what they gave him? Ten years? Yep? Here it is right here, Canadian Repertory Lane. About it? Do about fucking you? Do about maybe eight? I don't know. We go see right here. I'm I'm gonna check it out and see what they got going on. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Canadian Repertory Lanes was sending us to ten years in prison after he was found guilty of shooting hip hop superstar Megan the Stallion and The Foot after the Pier left the Los Angeles party in twenty twenty. The hearing began Morey and wrapped up Tuesday, ending a high profile case in which Meghan twenty eight, was subjected to what prosecutors called repeated and grotesque acts. It cast the spotlight and the scrutiny black women face when they report abuse. Lanes, whose real name is Dave Star Peterson, shot Meghan, the three time Grammy winner whose legal name is Megan Pete, after a party at the Hollywood Hills home of reality star makeup Mogo colleague Jenner. On July twelve, twenty twenty, a jury convicted Lane's thirty one, who pleaded not guilty of three felon accounts in December, assault with a semi automatic firearm, carrying a loaded, unregsed firearm and a vehicle, and discharging your firearm with grosst negligence. Wearing an orange jumpsuit, Lanes addressed the court before the judge handed down his sentence. He apologized for his actions and said he took full responsibility for the twenty twenty shooting. If I could change it, I would, but I can't. He said. Everything I did that night, I take full responsibility. He added, I truly am just trying to be a better person. Lanes looked surprised to remain quiet after the sins was announced. The mother of his son burst into tears that she was led out of the court room. Matthew Barhom, a member of Lane's legal team said appeals for both the sentence and the convention are playing. The team will lost a file for bail win of the appeals, the sentence and handing down his sentence. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge David herefore It said it was difficult to reconcile the doting father and committeed for philanthropists. Many described with the person who fired the gun five times at Megan, sometimes good people do bad things. Harry First said, actions have consequences and there are no winners in this case. Deputy District Attorney Alex Boss said Lanez called Meghan the liar, intimidated her in the raster. Not only did the defendant due the heinus actor shooting her, he then subjected her two and a half years of hell. Bot said after the sentence, and they're going to deport him back to Canada. All that show money he was getting in the US. When he come out, that's over with. Yeah, he won't be able to come back here no more. He won't be able to come back here no more.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be That's just like members Shine, That's gonna be just the same situation.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ain't no, ain't no, ain't no broad gonna piss me off that bad to where I gotta pop at her whatever. I mean, sometimes you gotta take you, sometimes you gotta take.
Speaker 1: To you know.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I can't. I come from the street life and all that shit changed.
Speaker 1: Person.
Speaker 2: I know situations, you know, uh, domestic violence and all that shit. Never advocated it.
Speaker 1: You know, Uh.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what kind of female, what what would make you that mad to bust on a female like I don't know what to make you mad to buzz and female. But I wondered what made milli male mad enough to go with eminem Oh my god, I want to before you say that, let me say this while we speaking on you know, pioneer rappers or whatever.
Speaker 1: There's a pioneer.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've all been asked this question, and we've all been whatever. When is it time to put down the microphone?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: What do you feel hip hop has an age limit?
Speaker 1: I definitely don't think it has age limit. I think why are we so ridiculed.
Speaker 2: For rappers like Melly Meo and older rappers who are still trying to Why are we so ridiculed by the youngsters because people still want to hear music, and you know what, but they don't want to hear us. Why, well, that's them evidently. I know you make a lot of money or doing tourist, so it's somebody that want to hear you. But according to them, I don't. According to them, we don't. According to them, y'all old rappers, y'all broke, and that's why y'all still trying to rap. You know, That's what kills me, man, when you're talking to these young folks man, because they say you and broke, You need to sit down something. I could turn on my radio or TV and I could see Rolling Stone still performing. I could see Earth Winding Fire still performing. I could see all these concerts with Lisa Lisa and Coke Jam and all these Nobody tells them a why the fuck y'all still singing? Go sit down and let it be Dojah Cat and all the new people. Why is it always hip hop? Why? Well, you know what, hold on, I'm talking about about fucking he who can still get out?
Speaker 1: But I wonder you know it's a kid out here. My nigga said, well, you listen to that ship you gonna hold on. This is what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: You know me, And before you say something, I feel that's kind of out of place.
Speaker 1: You get me, Like you have to know when to fight your battles. You get me.
Speaker 2: You have to know when to pick your battles and when to fight your battles.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna try to even though you know I got a little swing power and you know, protect myself. I'm not finna get in the ring with Mike Tyson on an expedition or whatever. You feel me, that's just something I'm not gonna do. Someone already claim you win.
Speaker 1: So you wouldn't have an exhibition Max, I'm like, hell, no, for what I wouldn't either, No and no. I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: I'm not finn to have an exhibition battle with eminem you feel me. I don't give a fuck about how much I disagree with whatever the situation is. I'm not gonna go fuck that. I'm Finnah go on the studio. I'm finna do me a record. It's just it's ludicrous to me. You get me, and I respect Mellie Mail. I love the message and Grand Master Flash and all that shit. But like I said, I'm not gonna get in the motherfucking boxing match with Mike Tyson on a fucking expedition because I feel like fuck that you get me or even even one of the even one of the famous white boxers, you get me, I ain't gonna even get in that message boxer.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna even get in the ring with Rocky.
Speaker 2: You get me on Sylvester stallone type of shit, I know I can't. That's just something you don't deal with. So guys know how to pick your battles and shit. And it's unfortunate for motherfuckers like you know in that situation when it's it's niggas like me who still respect the craft of hip hop. I donna do hip hop or make records to go make you know money, Like you said, I do it. I make money right here, I go on tour. Still I do do shit. I don't look at like, oh man, I gotta put this fucking record out because I gotta make some money. I make records because you still enjoy making it said in the heart end. It's in the heart, and I still have fans who appreciate me making the music I do.
Speaker 1: And this is why I say that I don't think it should be your age. Lem Me put on rep Now, if you a dude that's fifty years old, decide that you just gonna come now and just jump in the trade, I would tell that person, man, look, unless you are very very very good exactly, those situ aas down somewhere and I.
Speaker 2: Get that, but like and then they picking shoes, who you know?
Speaker 1: That's all? Well, the thing is, evidently you got what you would call what I like to call the fifty year old b boy. Now we in the era right now, hip hop is fifty years old, right. I grew up listening to hip hop. I remember whenning what no hip hop on the planet exactly, I can remember clear it wasn't no hip hop. Instantly when I heard it, I said, I have to be a part of that. I didn't know in which aspect, you know, but my mom bought me turntables. I actually can DJ, actually DJ pretty good, but that's not my thing, you feel what I mean? I actually got really good at some writing aspect, writing hooks and everything like that, and I got credits out there now for that. But this is my thing. Right. I think that, just like anything else, being an mc all comes from here, right. I could be one hundred years old and had the coldest bar as ever. But I think with that being said, when you swinging a sword, right, if you got a sword and you going to battle, soldiers don't wait until the day of the battle to go sharp and they blade up. They keep that motherfucker sharp every day. You would see them at home, you know, rubbing the shit. They gonna make sure that motherfucker stays sharp. So if a motherfucker impede on, they turf, or they get called by the king to go to war, guess what's gonna happen. That blade is nice and sharp. I think you need to keep your blade sharp. And with that being said, and I'm gonna give you this player first, I thoroughly have the utmost respect for Melly Mail. Melly Mail probably has the coldest rap verse of all time. But y'all is born with no state of mind, blind to the ways of mankind. God is smiling on you, but he's frowning too, because the only God knows what you go through. That was kind of some of the first gangster ship. Really, you know what I'm saying, but to go from that to this right here, we only go play a little bit of it because you know, we don't want to get to you look mad like a roach crawled out of your book bag. I say this man and a lot of people won't give Eminem the credit that he's supposed to get.
Speaker 2: Why get this off real quick, guy? Is he even hating on Eminem?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what I'm saying. I'm gonna go to that right there. Eminem happens to be white, but listening to that man rap, you can tell he is very, very, very like you said, he is serious about his craft. And at this point, Eminem probably sitting on a half a billion dollars if not born.
Speaker 2: Is it racially motivated? What is that angle behind? I think so it has to be racially motivated? Or is Meley feeling like because m is white, he shouldn't be he shouldn't be appreciated.
Speaker 1: As as what hip hop is black? Well, what Melli Mal's thing is is that Eminem is a guest in the house of hip hop. And I believe if I'm not mistaken, because I don't want to be one of those people that put stuff out this fact. Y'all can do your own researching this, But I believe that Eminem has said on a couple of different occasions that he is a guest in hip hop. He understands that this is a black art form. But if if you listen to this, if you listen to this guy, man, you can tell that he is very, very serious about his music. A lot of thought writing the raps and understanding how Eminem rep you being a rapper, and you listen to his caveenances and his flow. He puts a lot of time and effort into that shit. Dog, and he's really meticulous about the way he says stuff.
Speaker 2: Everything about Ryan that's saying that that he's a guest in hip.
Speaker 1: Hop, Hold on, Brown, if you gonna do it, come talking to Mic so the people can hear you. Come talking to Mic real quick. Dog, Hey, this is this is our producer. Let me introduce him. It's his first time ever, it's his first time ever on camera.
Speaker 2: Now, this is what I want to say. He's saying like, m's a guest of hip hop, right because what black? Because hip hop is what it is. It's a black art form. It's a black art throw for sure. It's a black art form.
Speaker 1: What is basketball? Basketball? When it was made? What was it? When basketball was made? It was initially all white folks playing it? What was football initially all white folks? Are we guessed of those exactly? My point is that, yeah, I share your opinion us.
Speaker 2: While we guessed the football baseball. Because remember, we as black people can do that shit. We weren't allowed until we had to form our own crew. Right, So can Eminem say I formed my own house. And I'm gonna tell you what he said, I formed my own house. I understand that it's a black culture, but saying I'm a guest, I built my own house.
Speaker 1: He built his own house, and he's very you know anybody whenever right here, people come up with these criticism about Eminem. I tell him, I say, listen, you not listening to him. You're talking about your feelings. You're being very subjective and in your feelings right now, because the man got bars.
Speaker 2: Have I did I have? I liked every Eminem song. No, there were songs that you know, the stand ship and ship like that.
Speaker 1: H I love, I get it, but it came. But that wasn't for you, right, that wasn't for you that's fair. And it's another thing.
Speaker 2: His first ship, I'm slim shady. I used to bang that ship all through the neighborhood. It was a it was a it was a nice He's a bad motherfucker dog here talking to mic Man.
Speaker 1: Think about the interview. Was at TV interview and Glad asked him in the interview, because you beat Eminem in the battle, he said, it'll be the easiest thing I ever did. Said that's where so he said that that melle Mel said that Eminem doesn't have the technical skills to beat him in the battle. Eminem and I'm probably gonna get in some trouble for this because this is just my opinion, right, and everybody is subject to their own opinion, right, And I try to be as objective as I can about stuff. I don't put no feelings at mostion in it. But Eminem is easily I don't think rap could ever have a definitive number one, you know, number one person, because that's just somebody's opinion, right. But Eminem is without a doubt, unequivocally one of the top ten rappers in the world. Like I said, easy, and I would even venture to say probably top five he's a bad motherfucker. Dog, He's a bad He's a bad motherfucker Again.
Speaker 2: Have I listened to some eminem shit you, god damn right? Have I banged some Mellie Nail you, god damn right? Two different comparisons, you get me, two different times. You get me exactly, Mellie mailing him was the seventies era. You get me, the early eighties era of breaking in their hip hop. You're talking about somebody who you know, battle skilled wise is just you know, like I said, you don't touch it like your mama say, niggative fire is on on the stove, you don't put your fucking hand on the fire, right exactly. And some niggas you just can't fuck with. Oh well he has the polacy okay then, Melli Yeah, I mean because it because it sounded like an emotional thing, because you know, niggas want to be recognized as the originators. You get me, Mellie Mail is wanting to come from one of those eras, so to to to question him about his like, you know, because he like nigga.
Speaker 1: I'm Melli Mail, I come.
Speaker 2: From you know, and everybody respect and so for a motherfucker to ask him, could you beat eminem in a battle? What he's supposed to say? Hell no, he got confident in himself. But everybody know what the real results.
Speaker 1: It is a way to answer that to say, man, you know what, I love him and them. I wouldn't battle them in them, you know, like, that's not what I do, That's not what i'm you know.
Speaker 2: That's what I wouldn't even know why somebody would even push that button to you get me. Oh well, there you have it, there you have it. Say no more, you know what doing. I never get mad at last. People get mad at lading them right. But my thing is this them motherfuckers go up to answer all the question. Flag is doing this job if he can get a motherfucker to say some crazy I've done the show, I felt, you know, some questions where they try to wiggle and whatever. You just gotta be intelligent before you speak. That's one thing to ask everything. Motherfucker asked me a question. You'll see me sit there for fucking five minutes and go mm.
Speaker 1: You know, And I'm not gonna read males whole. I'm pretty sure everybody that you're going on, we're gonna put it in the description y'all go and see million mails. Pology. It's a pology, but this is what I wanted to say. Man, right, we really need to as a people start stop being so damn emotional about stuff and be emotional now when I'm saying, when you talk start talking about systemic racism, police brutality, and stuff of that nature. We are supposed to be emotional, We're supposed to feel some kind of way about that. But this man has evidently made it his life's work. I remember I saw Eminem at the rap Olympics before he was even Eminem w wels and I love Medusa, dog loved Medusa to death. But he tore Medusa's head off that day and fifteen other people and he didn't He didn't even win the rap Olympics. My boy Juice from Chicago beat him, fair square. Juice the bad motherfucker too, he beat Eminem. Eminem was depending on that win that battle for rent money to pay his rent at the crib. Like he won, and it was one of them things to wear because I was there for it. It was kind of like right there, you know what I mean, And Juice won. Eminem has to me, he's had a harder time of making it to me, you know, to get jumping the game his entry point because people probably always looked at him as the white boy.
Speaker 2: I mean, but we've always done that when a white boy has tried to jump into hip hop. I think, you know, the only you know people we gave credits shout out to Homie Cypress Hill, you know, that was probably you know, and they they they were you know, Spanish, they weren't even white. Look what happened with the results of it, and they crossed over as well, you know the results of of when Caucasians entered a hip hop game. You know, we had the Vanilla Ice era, we had the what the Marky Marking, the funky bunch bunch you know.
Speaker 1: Which'ell look at Mark Wahlberg more as an entertainer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, the type of music they did've had a few of them tried to come in and stake to position. And if you could see right now, a lot of them or or you know, running the positions that that hip hop has been well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and it's a lot of white rappers, man. And that's the big misconception too. They think, oh, he just made it because he's white. I knew a whole bunch of white rappers. We ain't nowhere close to getting no record deal definitely. You know what I'm saying. They got skills, they do they shit, but they're not in the upper exit line of hip hop, you know. And this is what I really feel, man, we need to really start judging this shit on dog on motherfucker's bars and that motherfucker rap. That's all I care about. When I listen to a new song, I don't care if motherfucker's white, black, green, and purple, does he have bars? Just the beat banging, That's it. That's all I don't care, because I don't feel it's my place to ever tell somebody you're not welcome into the house of hip hop because just like you neede the analogy to basketball, football and all that stuff. Hell football, I think it's what maybe ninety six percent black now, yeah, ninety six percent NBA, same thing. Yeah, and white's and been at that sport. What they said, this is ours, y'all can't come in. Y'all got again for a long time, and they did for a long time. I'm gonna tell you how that changed them. My son's I'm a mutter you will see Trojans. They went down.
Speaker 2: They had remember that game they had to go down And I watched the whole documentary story where they went to go play al Alabama.
Speaker 1: They wanted to go play Alabama. That's one of the things they tell you about when you go on your recruiting trip. They got this one wall at the university right to show all the black players that was there and see was like, come on in the whole time. They coach was like, we playing on the sport. Everybody's welcome to play exactly. And they went down to Alabama and beat the dogs shit out they ass. You know what Bear Bryan said the next year, we have to start letting some of these nigga roles in the university or we're gonna get our ass whopped every year.
Speaker 2: So you know, I just you know, I know this is this craft was you know, made up by us as a people.
Speaker 1: A lot of shit.
Speaker 2: It was made up as us five people. But you know, sometimes they squeeze in and they take control over, and you know you can't do nothing about it, and what can you do it for?
Speaker 1: All fucker good?
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna tell you we had some we had some white basketball players playing like niggas. We got you though, Larry Bird was a goat. Come on, motherfucker. Yeah, that's how. That's how stuff happened, though I don't know, but you know what, man, I think some of them little stories like him throwing a demo.
Speaker 1: Top was at that thing too. I was there because I was there. I was there actually to wash my deuce and the homie Juice because shut off Juice.
Speaker 2: My boy was a judge there. He was a judge, I think. So you could tell at that time that that little motherfucker was wrong.
Speaker 1: No, he was.
Speaker 2: He Like I said, I never got into the battleshit, but he was a motherfucker who could battle motherfuckers. That's how he got in your shit, like you said, just by chance fucking tape and fell into the right hands.
Speaker 1: I asked my homeboy, Juice all the time, right, if you had to do it all over again, would you had rather have lost that ball and whim? He said, what the fuck you think, nigga? You know what I'm saying, because Juice didn't get nowhere close to the commercial acclaim that he thought he was. But he was a bad one. The fucking shut out shoes you know what, going back to Melle Mail, I want to say this to mail Man, you are no disrespect. You are on the mount efforts of rap dog as one of the goats, as one of the goats. But my guy, you don't see Damn Marino coming out here starting shit with what's my man for?
Speaker 2: Pat Mahomes And like I said, who all knows what it is? I mean, you know, sometimes a lot of these shits be publicity stunts, you feel me?
Speaker 1: I hope not, because, to be honest with you, the song Mail put out for what he does. If he'd just put the song out, you know, commemorating fifty years of hip hop, it would have been received way differently. Yeah, probably it would have been received because if you listen to it, it's dated, but it's not bad. It sounded like something that would have came out during that time. You know, you know, I ain't gonna give horrible but I don't hear worst shit on there. But yeah, I don't heard word. We got some real horrible s wor ship. You know that that's I won't say that's Male's best work, but that's MC male. Mail.
Speaker 2: Don't we're gonna give him. We're gonna give him an a for effort. Yeah you know what, he didn't have no damn business for effort. He's lucky because Eminem is really one of them type of dudes to take any challenge on. I think m's uh one of those dudes that's like be like yeah, right, okay, whatever until motherfuckers get the egg at him on like come on, man, you got to serve this motherfucker and then he just be like fuck it. But for the most part I would look at it like, man, it's Melly Mail, Okay, cool, whatever, whatever you say, you feel me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. And as y'all see, we not in a normal spot tonight.
Speaker 2: That we're getting ship cracking, so you know you just back up in action next.
Speaker 1: Next week, week, way bigger, way better and uh this big things coming. We got big announcements coming up and everything else where are we at time? While it be yeah, yeah, man, you know we're gonna go. Let y'all go, But I want to leave y'all with this before we go. When you see somebody online seeing derogatory things about people and city everything is about people before you jumping them comments talking about yeah you one hundred percent right, because first of all, none of y'all know what the fuck are y'all talking about half the time, y'all, and somebody's in boxing, and somebody's leaving the comment on somebody's page instead of and your whole life is in shambles. But take the time out the research stuff for yourself. Let's all start being a little bit more objective. Yeah, and stop going for the bullshit. We in dangerous times now. We gotta stop supporting the bullshit. It's a lot of dope content out there, you know what I'm saying. Stop cheating yourself because looking at that bullshit is like listen so much masturbating your ear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to each his own. Like I said, when you got a choice, you got a choice to do whatever. But a lot of this shit be just ridiculous. A lot of this shit is just just straight up just just hate the next motherfucker. And I'm just I'm just I'm getting fed up with the with with us as black men always gotten to hate motherfuckers. Man, If you got an issue, man, just just keep it to yourself and move along, because we're gonna keep doing what we're doing. You feel me, It's nothing's gonna stop so we would rather you know what I'm saying, We would rather focus on shit that's positive, making money and uplifting motherfuckers instead of trying to slap niggas in the mouth man. That's what it is. We're trying to be on a different page. So let's grow up.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. And on that note, we out of here.