Speaker 1: Welcome the Guys We.
Speaker 2: Fuck, the anti slutshaming podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm Christina Hutty.
Speaker 3: I'm forent Sister.
Speaker 1: With friends. Bring us to floody your horny and your name?
Speaker 3: Hey with what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about.
Speaker 1: Fucking Gooday fuck us? How you do and way you've been? I don't know, I've been traveling all around? Are you okay? I'm great. Welcome to another episode Guys We Fucked.
Speaker 2: It's anti slutshaming podcast. I'm Karan Fisher.
Speaker 1: I'm Christina Hutchinson. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Big News.
Speaker 1: Guys, big News.
Speaker 2: We are doing a show that will together probably turn into more shows. But in New York City, I know a lot of people are like, do a regular show in.
Speaker 1: New York City?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: So we're doing it, all right, We're doing it. We're just being care in the whole time we're doing it. We're doing Guys We Fucked Live at the Beautiful Midnight Theater. We performed here last year for the New York Comedy Festival.
Speaker 1: We interview Paula Shore there. It was very fun. It's a great venue. Michael was there.
Speaker 2: We did make him sit on a stool behind us. The whole time and then didn't address him, which I thought was a lolarious way an interview.
Speaker 1: I still had fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he still got pus. Probably Paully was a I mean, what a what a great guest. Yes, and so yeah, we're doing Guys We Fuck Live at the Midnight Theater. The first show is Friday, September eighth, at nine thirty pm Friday Night, Baby.
Speaker 1: Dressed to Impress. If you feel like it.
Speaker 2: Ticket link is in the link tree link in all our bios and in the Guys.
Speaker 3: We Fucked bio.
Speaker 1: Uh And I say this is.
Speaker 2: The first show, but keep in mind there will be no more shows. If this show doesn't sell out, it doesn't sell out, and it needs to sell out quick.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it will sell out.
Speaker 4: But it's like, you know, instead of stressing us out and then buying the tickets last minute, just buy them now.
Speaker 1: Just buy them now.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 2: That guy's not going to ask you out. You're not going your vacation, you're not going to go to Italy. Just set your skill in town Friday September eighth, because your.
Speaker 1: Life is okay. Yeah, yeah, and it'll.
Speaker 3: Go and it'll go.
Speaker 2: I always that's what I'm always doing I'm always like, oh, let me hold that date. Maybe something will come up. Nothing has ever come up, nothing will come up.
Speaker 1: No, just get do it. Now. You have to make you have to.
Speaker 4: You have to make a concerted effort to include fun into your schedule.
Speaker 1: And this is that. So have at it, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doors are right, thirty shows really starting at nine thirty. It's a theater. It will be on time. Yes, gorgeous theater in a gorgeous area. You could go take a walk afterwards, and in huts and yards.
Speaker 1: It's so beautiful.
Speaker 4: There's a Peloton store if you want to buy a Peloton before or after the show, probably before it's to be open.
Speaker 1: A problem before you get a whole food.
Speaker 2: It's salmon, great cocktails, lovey or dirves at this midnight sexy theater. Yeah, I want to dress very sexy, which for me is just like tight stuff. I really want to just I really love them in night theater. It's there's just something special about it. That's why we chose this venue. There was other venues. And then we said he said that to them, quick question, Michael, which camera is ours?
Speaker 1: Which which one?
Speaker 5: Because they're both like one and right in front of you, Christina, that is the wide shot that's the last show. And then the one that right now is moving is the one that I'm floating with.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it, got it, got it cool? So I was looking at that one sick. Guys.
Speaker 4: If you want to email us it's sorry about last night's show at gmail dot com, make that subject line.
Speaker 3: A little preview of what you're going to talk.
Speaker 1: About today's subject line.
Speaker 4: My best friend's boyfriend is having a baby with another woman. I currently live with my boyfriend, my best girlfriend and her boyfriend. Oh no, My boyfriend and I have been dating for about two years now, and my best friend and her boyfriend have been together for eight months.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 4: Around my birthday is when my best friend started dating her new boyfriend.
Speaker 1: We will refer to him as Phil. That's not that's indicative how you feel about him.
Speaker 4: Phil was engaged to another woman when they started pursuing each other. Uh oh, I heard from my best friend that he was pursuing her and vice versa when talking to Phil. Anyways, they ended up hooking up together for the first time while the fiance was out of town, and Phil ended up leaving his fiance for my best friend. I wasn't thrilled that they started dating since it started off in mistrust and lies, and honestly, I honestly felt bad for the fiance. I have been cheated on by all of my ex boyfriends, so this to me, hits deep and kind of gives me PTSD.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you recognize that up top, because sometimes.
Speaker 4: We get really mad at somebody else's situation because we're actually fucking pissed about the wrongs from our past. A month into Phil and my best friend's relationship, he gets a call from his ex fiance that she is pregnant and is planning on keeping the baby.
Speaker 1: Your buddy, your choice, girl.
Speaker 4: Phil slept with my best friend, and then when the fiance returned home, slept with her and got her pregnant that night.
Speaker 1: Jesus, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Is it?
Speaker 4: It's so funny, like some people try so hard to get pregnant and they can't and then fucking this My best friend calls her, calls this her instant karma for messing with someone that was she that was engaged. So throughout their whole relationship, this baby has been on its way well, yeah, yeah, what a weird thing. Fast forward to today and the baby is here and my best friend is going nuts.
Speaker 1: She has a lot of resentment towards the baby.
Speaker 4: I set her baby to the point where she doesn't does not want to even paint her nails red or buy anything red because.
Speaker 2: The baby's name is Rose. Rose is not really like the color isn't rose? A rose can be white.
Speaker 4: Also, not painting your nails a color that reminds me of baby's name, you're still going to think about it. So there's roses outside. I can't protect yourself from that, and there's just roses growing out of the ground. I know everyone is valid to feel the emotions they are feeling, but to me, her pettiness is starting to get the best of her.
Speaker 1: She is constantly talking to.
Speaker 2: Phil on the phone while he is gone to see this baby be born. Since the ex fiance now lives in another state closer to her family. This is really bothering me because I don't get one on one time with her anymore because of our work schedule and having both of our boyfriends around. Even though she asked my boyfriend to leave the house to have girls night and while we were waiting for our other girlfriends to come.
Speaker 1: She was on the phone with Phil the whole time.
Speaker 4: It is getting to the point where every time she talks to me about this baby and how she feels so much resentment and says some awful things about the ex fiance and the baby, it's like she cheers in victory if anything goes wrong with the pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Oh it's terrible. That's fucking awful.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I don't agree with anything she says regarding this. It makes it hard to be there for her when she is hurting because, in my eyes, you did this to yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, when people are jealous or insecure, they really get nasty.
Speaker 1: To me, she.
Speaker 3: Seems like she's just a bad person.
Speaker 1: She does seem like a bad person. I mean, I hate to.
Speaker 3: Come to that.
Speaker 2: He doesn't seem lusion and I know people aren't bad or good, but yes, right, well, she's she's in her bad girl face.
Speaker 3: It's gonna last a while. To me.
Speaker 2: I also need to know. I need to know how old this this woman is. I think they sound like they're in their mid twenties.
Speaker 3: We don't know. They sound very twenties.
Speaker 2: But that's why I'm like, if they are not in their twenties, then that's sad.
Speaker 3: Then I would be really alarmed.
Speaker 1: Yes, but if you guys are in your thirties, oh boy.
Speaker 4: To me, she is choosing to deal with this, and I know she has a lot of guilt inside for home wrecking a relationship. I just feel this is hindering our friendship because I have gotten to the point in my life where I don't want drama like this.
Speaker 1: I love her, She's honestly.
Speaker 3: What's like you do based on the semn.
Speaker 4: She's honestly one of the closest girlfriends I've ever had. I just don't know what to do in this situation because I want to be a good friend to her, but I just don't want to hear her say such horrible things about the situation.
Speaker 2: She almost plays the victim. Oh that would fucking piss me off.
Speaker 4: That's like a trigger for me, even though I do that, and so I really get mad at myself. She also plays the victim, which blows my mind because I just think about the ex fiance and what she is feeling.
Speaker 1: There have been a few other things, like when it was just.
Speaker 2: Her and I living together, she asked if my boyfriend was going to be over all the time, to where I said no, because I know it's not only my space, but it's hers too. When we were living in this in that apartment for the first six months, she was barely home because she was always at her ex boyfriend's house.
Speaker 1: And once they broke up, she started dating Phil.
Speaker 4: Immediately, and he was all over over all the time and didn't even offer to pay rent or any utilities, even though he was pretty much living with us. He didn't start paying for rent until four months after we got this new place with me and my boyfriend, because he wasn't originally part of the plan of her living with her, of living with her, my boyfriend and myself, even though he was there every day.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a fucking nightmare.
Speaker 2: You and your boyfriend should just get your own apartment, build a bomb, and just set it off in the middle of the apartment. I mean, that's what that's suggestion.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I also forgot to mention that Phil told my best friend that he was planning on proposing to her next summer.
Speaker 1: I'm romantic.
Speaker 4: I told her that, Yeah, you know, Phil and fiancees, they don't always work out.
Speaker 3: That's also like a.
Speaker 2: Very long like like like I'm planning on proposing to her next next summer, that's in a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah what huh?
Speaker 4: I told her that that is insanity and you don't know where your guy's life will be in a year.
Speaker 1: But she, but she sends him what her ring sizes and whatnot to each their own.
Speaker 4: I just know she gets super attached really quickly, and I just don't want to see what happened to the ex fiance happened to her. I mean valid, but we on our own journeys, you know what I'm saying. Sometimes it's hard to let somebody be on their own journey.
Speaker 2: But I am at the point where I am pretty fed up with all of this and with her. I am having nightmares of them abusing the baby. Oh my god, this is terrible.
Speaker 4: Had I have tried to distance myself and just don't really say anything to her when she's on her rants, because I have already told her how I feel.
Speaker 1: Once they started dating.
Speaker 4: If you guys could give me any insight on how to be a good friend, but also have boundaries set up with her where this doesn't consume me more than it already does. That would be wonderful. Thank you for having this podcast. It has brought me so much joy and I've learned a lot. Oh girl, that's a tough situation. I would I would have the exact same feelings if I were you. And you know what, I think it's best if you guys didn't live in the same apartment. That's probably what's gonna do it, because sometimes too, like best friends, you can be best friends and truly get along so well, and then when you live together it's just different. And then at this situation, on top of it, this your best friend is very clearly she's insecure, and she probably feels she might be caring shame about her choice to fuck a married guy or an engaged guy and then have that relationship crumble. And I think the if you internalize shame will really make you act nasty and say awful things about like the fiance and her pregnancy, which that's so terrible, but I that's the only thing it could be, like, it's just shame. Shame makes you act like a fucking cunt. And so I think she really needs to work through that. She needs to be in therapy. I mean, we all do, but Jesus.
Speaker 2: This is one of those emails that we get quite often where it's like, and you addressed it yourself at the end of it, where it's like you're spending a lot of time thinking about a problem that's not not your horrors, and like, and you're right when you said, like, I think the problem here that you need to work on more is why is this consuming you? And I know you kind of acknowledge that at the end of the email, because that's what I was thinking the whole time that you're writing it.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's like, there's it's it's weird.
Speaker 2: Also, it's like you I don't want to say you seem jealous, but there's some weird feeling that I can't tap into, like why you care so much? Like I understand that, Like I understand that it is annoying to listen to someone complain about something, especially where you kind of think that they're the they're in the wrong, like that, you know, that's a circumstance when our our friend comes to us and we know that our friend is the one in the wrong, how do we still be a friend to them?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: But I mean that's you know, none of us are perfect and Also there's a you know, this is a common theme too, like there's a lot of attacks on her.
Speaker 3: When she did something not great.
Speaker 1: But the main.
Speaker 2: Problem here is her boyfriend. He's the one who was engaged. He's the one who who should be making her feel more comfortable with the situation of that he shares a child, and like, yes, it's crazy that she's saying bad things about the baby because it's not the baby's fault.
Speaker 3: And what would be even.
Speaker 2: Worse case scenario is if her boyfriend chose to be an absent father. So I think it's a really good sign and a redeeming quality of his that even though yes, he did cheat and then he went home didn't say and then fucked her and got her pregnant, Like at least he is being a present father, because I could never date someone who wasn't who had a child and like didn't acknowledge them and wasn't a present father. Like to me, that's like an absolute absolute deal breaker.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 2: So every yeah, everyone cheated, it's like and it's also like, why are you You're seemingly more mad than the ex fiance, Like the ex fiance is allowing the boyfriend to visit. She went ahead and had the kid, Like, not the decision I would have made, but the decision she made.
Speaker 3: And that's her.
Speaker 1: It's her life and her body and her baby.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I think, like you just have to say, you know, to your friend listen, like I want to be here for you. But it bothers me that you're constantly talking negatively about this baby. Who's I mean, we just want you know, isn't our hope for the like the world that everyone grows up to be the best version of themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that's because that's good for everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're so I don't really understand, uh, but it's gonna feel so much better to her, to to your best friend to like think positively about this woman and this baby, Like it's just gonna it's gonna make everything better.
Speaker 1: She doesn't even have to think. I don't even it's not negative.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't even think she has to think positively about the ex.
Speaker 3: I think that's asking a lot. She just has to.
Speaker 2: And also it's like, why are you fucking mad at the exit? You're the one he chose.
Speaker 1: You, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And then I get like you can be.
Speaker 2: That's why I said the internalized shame thing, because that's such an immature, nonsensical person to be mad at in the situation.
Speaker 4: She literally did nothing. If anybody can wear the victim card, it's her right. It doesn't seem like she is I.
Speaker 2: Think put a cloak of neutrality over the ex fiance.
Speaker 1: She's just there. She is what she is.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's probably like, yes, it's annoying to you that your boy or to that woman that her boyfriend has to leave to visit the baby. But it's also like, I think it would be far more annoying for your best friend if the ex fiance and the baby were like in town, very close.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you know, you can't. No relationship is really going to be a perfect situation. Like there's always a lot of variables that you have to put up with. I was thinking about that a lot this week, and like, there's I always try to minimize the amount of extra people that I'm going to have to deal with in a relationship, which is more That's like why I don't, you know, wouldn't want to date someone with a kid. It's not really the kid, it's the other people and family members that come along with the kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kid is not really the kid. Get out of that kid.
Speaker 3: Kids are kids, you know.
Speaker 2: I can get along with mostly any kid unless they're an absolutely fucking terror and then I'll terrorize them back. But yeah, so this is yeah, this is just like this is this has now consumed you too much. You also have to set boundaries for yourself, your anger and how much time you're thinking about it. Like literally, we're a rubber band around your uh wrist and when you start, you're because you're wasting time from your own life where you're thinking about your best friend's situation. Yeah. Also, Christina's I don't know why the hell you decided it was a good idea for you and your boyfriend and her and her boyfriend to live together.
Speaker 1: Like what and this sounds like awful? That's a rare I've you broke. Yeah, it sounds awful.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean maybe I.
Speaker 2: Was like, maybe it is a it could be a financial situation. Yeah, then I then it totally get it right. But otherwise then you got to suck it up. But like Jesus, like did you think that would be more fun than it was? Because again, it feels like a very twenty something decision.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I think that you're you will automatically create distance between your best friend's life and your inner world when you don't live in the same space, because.
Speaker 1: I as somebody.
Speaker 4: I if I'm around somebody, even if we're not, like if we're a share, Like I've shared some spaces lately, like with people that they were like in bad moods, and I it just fucked me up, even though I didn't have to talk to them. I was just like, oh, their energy was just there and I'm just too fucking sensitive to it. So I think that that would really be a quick fix if you didn't live together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then also just be like yo, like I'm I'll hear, I'll listen to you. But I do feel like some of your feelings are perhaps misguided, placed, misguided, you know, misdirected. Yeah, but I mean, if I'm being honest, your best friend doesn't kind of sound like not a great person.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, but investigate that. Interrogate that. Yeah, and come see us live after our New York City date September eighth. That's the most important one that we want you to come to. And then if you're listening to.
Speaker 2: This A luminary Dallas, Texas on Mania tonight and tomorrow August eleventh and twelfth at Hyenas, Las Vegas. We're gonna be at skank Fest September twenty eighth and twenty ninth, Springville, Utah October twenty twenty first, and then later in the fall I got Bridgeport, Connecticut, Chicago, Nashville, and Springfield, Missouri. Yeah, so come come to those, save the dates, let's go.
Speaker 1: And then Patreon.
Speaker 4: I have a Patreon where four times a month I do group therapy and quotes. Because I'm not a licensed therapist, I do it over zoom. It's really lovely. There's a lot of men that have been joining. And one of the guys was.
Speaker 1: At my show and I recognized him and it was really cool and I was like, oh shit, I know about your life a little bit. And yeah, it's really nice and I love it.
Speaker 4: And so patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson is the last month to join. It's just five bucks a month, and I gotta say I feel pretty confident about this. If you can't afford therapy, this this space like people Sarah share some really intense shit, and it's really helpful. And I interject with like my if I have like a book or like a little thing of knowledge that I think might relate.
Speaker 1: To what you're saying, I'll share it.
Speaker 4: But I also interject jokes when I feel it's appropriate.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty I've done pretty good so far.
Speaker 4: But yeah, talking about stuff like really strong emotions and normalizing them is very helpful. So yeah, Patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson, let's go.
Speaker 2: And then of course you can always listen to me on Without a Country that comes out now every Wednesday, full audio wherever you listen to podcasts, and full video on YouTube. We're talking about lots of things. Obviously we talked Barbie. We're talking about aliens. We're talking about all the excessive domestic violence that's not discussed nearly enough that's happening both nationally and internationally. This sounds like a donner, but honestly it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: We make it fun. We make it fun.
Speaker 2: It's and I think it's just like if you generally are interested in hearing my perspective on things, which a lot of you say, Oh, I would like to hear your perspective on this I always try to listen to when you want me to talk about something, and I talk about something, and I try not to talk about things that I don't have knowledge of, or if I don't have knowledge of it, I look it up.
Speaker 1: You research it. I spend time looking into it for you.
Speaker 2: There's also kind of I also have to watch that at sex trafficking movie that everyone's been talking about, freedom or whatever. The reason I didn't is because it's not a documentary like it.
Speaker 1: Oh, so it's like a it's like a scripted movie.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, it's like based on are you familiar with this, Mike, No, I have not heard of this. It's so wait freedom oh freedom sound? I'm sorry, is what I'm right? Freedom sound? I just want to like look this up. Yeah, because I like, that's why I never When I first heard about it, I was like, oh, sex trafficking, And then I was like, oh wait, this is like and yeah, it's a drama thriller. It's not a documentary freedom sound of Freedom. Yeah, it's based on true events, but everyone's like obsessed with this movie. And then there's like a lot of conspiracy theory is surrounding it. And then recently like this guy they were like one of the guys. They were like one of the guys who they were like one of the guys who helped fund the movie got arrested for something having to do with like kidnapping children or something, and basically but.
Speaker 1: It was completely blown out of proportion.
Speaker 2: It's like number one, it was like crowdsource this guy that gave like two hundred dollars towards it, and like the reason he was even charged was because of some like it was a really really like they went really out of their way to make this connection. And so a lot of people are kind of questioning, like why anytime we talk about sex trafficking is like the government trying to like shut it.
Speaker 3: Down, quieted or whatever.
Speaker 2: And it's like, Okay, I mean I don't we dive into stuff like that. And also obviously like the regular news, so you can check that out. And then also as far as tour dates, the next GASH in Los Angelus, I haven't released tickets yet, but that will be on Thursday, September twenty eighth. We're gonna do a later show, a nine thirty show, and it will link then directly into my birthday, so it'll be uh, it'll be uh, or maybe it is even later.
Speaker 1: It might even be like at ten o'clock. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Basically, we're gonna we're gonna link it in so that I'll be around at midnight and it'll be my birthday and it'll it'll the dot will chime midnight and we'll all be together to celebrate my birthday, which will be super fun.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be in La on September twentieth.
Speaker 1: Oh, not Skanfest skank fests in the twenty ninth. Oh I thought we were performing on the twentieth as well.
Speaker 2: No, the twentieth is the Thursday. That's the pre party that I'm definitely missing. Yeah, and then I'll be able to No, I'll just make sense for me to be in Los Angeles and go right to Las Vegas, all right, and then and then Washington, d C. Twenty twenty four. You guys are my first twenty twenty four dates. It's going to be at the Comedy Loft February twenty ninth through March A second. I know some of you already bought tickets. The ticket link is up in my lin tree. It's also at crinfisher dot com. Thanks to those people who have already bought tickets, looking forward to that, having performed in DC in a couple of years and excited to do so.
Speaker 1: All right, what's that Welcome back from San Diego? How you doing good?
Speaker 3: Good, good good?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: California time. I've been saying hi to people after the shows. That's been really nice. I started in Toronto. I'm like, I'm glad I'm doing that again.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they gave me like anxiety, but I did have one one guy at one of the shows. I'm not going to say the city. You might know who you are sor he might not.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: He went to pose.
Speaker 4: For a photo and he boy, that that hand around my waist.
Speaker 1: It felt wrong. It felt I don't know, but not but.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: But so it wasn't the placement. It was just more like the pressure and the the like you're getting into my hip bone.
Speaker 1: You know, don't do balls.
Speaker 2: It's a little ballsy and uh and uh, you know, normally.
Speaker 4: In those situations it's so funny, like hosting this podcast, costing it once a week for fucking ten years, and you're like, if this happens, do this, if this happens to this, and instead of saying anything, I just froze and then went on to the next person. But I was like, but then I was thinking, I'm like, what do you say in those moments.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, stop touching my hip please?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's the way he was touching it.
Speaker 4: Like so when I was posing for pictures of people, we would like put our arms around each other and stuff, and like some I had hip arms around my hips from men and women and it didn't it didn't feel like but this sent like a jolt up my spine of like, good God, it's just I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, I don't know what to say in those situations.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, maybe if I think of something in advance, and then I could just say instead of freezing, But nothing came up.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, in general, just men or women shouldn't be putting a hand around your waist when you when you post for a picture, it's hand around the shoulders.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows that.
Speaker 4: But when when if somebody does put a hand around your waist, what do you say, Hey, can you get your hand off from my waist?
Speaker 2: I don't feel it, but I don't feel uncomfortable. You don't feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta try that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like I mean men men do do that sometimes, and you're like you never know, like you can never, of course be one hundred percent sure in that situation like what someone's intention is, but like it's just inappropriate, especially because men are most likely going to be taller than you, Like, there's absolutely no rise in that.
Speaker 3: It's that far down.
Speaker 2: It would even make more sense even in a spatial argument, that it would be around the shoulders. Around the shoulders is the only appropriate way to take a picture man, woman, non binary.
Speaker 5: You know, I had a couple of times when I was still like touring the older women in some of the shows that I performed, and when I would take a picture of them or whatever older how much like like forties, I guess, like for like so jerryah Rick, No, I'm not saying like your like millface, I was twenty six or twenty.
Speaker 1: Seven, Oh okay almost twice, Yeah, they would put their hands in my back pocket. Ooh, we would take a picture.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm trying to touch her.
Speaker 1: That that costs that.
Speaker 5: As it happened a couple of times, it was very weird that.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're like what that ass do, Mikey when they do inappropriate things all the time. The only time I put like sometimes like if a guy obviously is like I have to put my arms around people's waist sometimes if mental because there's so much taller to me. But I also do it like pretty light, or I'll do like if I'll do like a flat hand against the back, so like you understand like that it's a friendly you know, pat Honestly, I try to like also like hover sometimes, so I'm not even really touching people that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't like touch fucking touching people. I don't know, ye wrong, but yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: There were two guys in two different cities that were so fucking tall. I'm saying, I'm like six six tall, and like when I went to hut, like I went to give them a quick hug, I felt like they're my tits and their dick were at the same like level, and I'm like, this is I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they didn't mean, they weren't do it. They didn't get a weird vibe from them, but I'm like, sorry to rub my tits against your dick. Some people are just really tall yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: You're sure than me, like tugging a guy that's six six. That's why I don't like dating guys that are that tall. It's just like, I don't even if you came on the sea plane of them.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is not fun. This is not fun.
Speaker 2: This feels like some kind of fucking weird freak show things weird.
Speaker 4: I'm reading this book that's really I got it at the airport in Toronto. I forget when I got it, but it's called Stolen Focus by Johann Hari. Why you can't pay attention on how to Think Deeply? Again, fucking beautifully written book.
Speaker 1: It's really good. This guy basically studied this well. He knew he had to keep your attention for who's reading that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and he does. He keeps it. It's a very it consumes you when you start reading.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: But it's about a topic that I'm very passionate about. And I feel like we're in this mass experiment of what is being so glued to these phones going to do to our brains and hearts and minds, and as it relates to this podcast, are fucking romantic relationships?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: My boyfriend and I spent a lot of time together, and it doesn't seem there's not a lot of moments of the phones every once in a while.
Speaker 1: But then I remind myself, I'm like, we're together all the time. You have to be.
Speaker 2: We have to post on social media for our career and stuff, so it doesn't seem to be a problem like in my romantic relationship. But I when I'm out in the world, I really I'm also somebody who I don't have any notifications on and it's it's insane to me that someone would have a pop up notification on their phone every time someone does anything on their Instagram like a like or a message of comment.
Speaker 1: Crazy. That's fucking insane.
Speaker 4: You are asking to be so pulled in multiple different directions in your mind that you're gonna just explode.
Speaker 2: I just always tho some of those are people who don't know how to probably adjust the settings on their phones.
Speaker 4: Maybe, I mean, I would like to think so, but it's so the notifications is so easy.
Speaker 1: It is so easy, but not to everybody. Everyone it's easy to me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I was just thinking a lot of pondering a lot about what the phones do to our ability to interact with people. And it's very it's already you could already see the side effects.
Speaker 1: On like dating app conversations.
Speaker 4: Like people don't treat dating apps like there in any way high stakes, and I think that when you're in front of somebody, I mean there's to face, you would just never talk to them like that. And I'm like, how do we regain that ability to socialize?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I mean dating well, dating apps are also as we learned in the social dilemma. I mean, they're set up to be game like and to not be almost like to be addictive, but not like actually taken seriously the way they're set up. I mean, just like the the way if you're starting with the idea that you're going to be swiping right or left on someone's fucking face, like it's not gonna it's not gonna go well yeah, I mean it it does. It feels like you're playing a video game. And that's why I like, the anytime I've enjoyed being on dating apps, it's because it was like a fun video game that I was playing. I absolutely had no intention on going and of any of those dates, and I was like, this is so stupid. Why am I even on here wasting everybody's time?
Speaker 1: Right, right?
Speaker 2: And I know, like, I don't think I've been in a really now, I've not been, And I don't have a lot of friends that are like this, So when I'm around a person like this, it really sticks out, and I get fucking angry that it just people glued to their phone.
Speaker 1: Like I get if it's your job and stuff, but you know, when we're.
Speaker 4: Out to eat and you're you have I mean everybody does this, including myself. You'll be at a restaurant and everybody has their phones right on the table next to them, next to their knife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna have it on the phone, but I always flip it so it's that the screen is down. Yeah, I just have it up there, honestly, because then I'm like, where the fuck did I put my phone?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 2: And I do like to keep an eye on the time more so that, yeah, for sure, more so. And I fucking hate watch. I hate things on my wrist. So I I almost might get a watch so that I don't look at my phone for the time. I don't know, because then if I got like a text or something, or I get distracted and I just for like, add I just fucking I'll go off on an hour long look into something that doesn't even matter when all I was doing was trying to see what fucking.
Speaker 1: Time it is. Yeah it is, Yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a lot of people.
Speaker 4: I'd be curious if you're listening to this or watching this, if you are in your romantic relationships, because as it relates to the show, like, is there a lot of cell phone use?
Speaker 1: Do you say anything? What do you say? Like? Has there been arguments? I think that you can't.
Speaker 4: Blame like there are companies that invest billions of dollars to make us to cause these ways of life in our in our you know, in our day to day, So blaming yourself is not the right answer.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what it is. It's an addiction like any other.
Speaker 2: Though, Like I had, like James, that was like one of our biggest like fights that always, like was a consistent fight in our relationship, was that he wasn't there the phone thing, and he never he there was never a time where he was like he stopped no, I mean he knew I was right, but I was like.
Speaker 1: James was always and he was actually like.
Speaker 2: He was actually like researching and like reading like stuff, not just like watching mindless YouTube videos.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm like and even his like I think his like mother told me, like, oh, even when he was like a little kid, he would like kind of always like be on the computer looking and stuff up. So I get that that's like part of, you know, your personality. And then I asked myself, like, well, if his nose was always stuck in a book, would I be yelling at like him?
Speaker 3: You know, no, probably not.
Speaker 1: Dinner though if his nose was in a book.
Speaker 2: Of course, he wouldn't do it at dinner because I was paying, so you know, you are paying.
Speaker 1: So I would have been like put your phone.
Speaker 5: Stuck with the bill a handful of times.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like at a you know, at at at a certain point, I would just be like, yeah, like we're not like we would be watching a movie.
Speaker 1: He would be on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, he would read what he was driving, and I go, you can do whatever you want while you're driving yourself. I was like, when you're driving me, you cannot be on your phone at the same time.
Speaker 1: You know that's not good.
Speaker 2: So but you know it's a but it's a you know, it's also I think like if he was making more money, maybe I would have been less mad, Like all your weight, are you doing something on the phone?
Speaker 3: Making money on the phone?
Speaker 2: Are you are you getting thousands of followers on the phone?
Speaker 3: You know something? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is It just feels like a problem that's only going to get worse.
Speaker 4: And it's like we have to you individuals have to It's up to you to figure out what that balance is. But what's what's the incentive the incentive to figuring out a proper balance between how often you're staring at your phone no matter what you're looking at, and how often you're present in your life. Like the reward to that is connection. But I feel like we live in this place, this, this the vibe of society right now is not very focused on connections. So it's like that's not even a reward people are trying to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have connections. Of the reward you'll see me on Instagram later tonight, you know.
Speaker 1: Right right right? Yeah, meaning like when you're with your friends though, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I don't, I don't, I'm not on my phone, nor are my friends on their phones. That's never that's like never a problem. I don't even like when people fucking put like pick up the phone for their husband when they're with me.
Speaker 1: I got, yeah, I agree, though, I go stop unless like it's you're waiting on an answer for something specific but then text. I don't know, it's just it's just a problem.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it's again any better. I don't think there's any I don't think there's any way. So I think basically what will happen is just like society will just be more used to having people always on their phones, and I mean it'll just like get go like Jetson style, where like we'll just be in like our own cubes kind of like talking to people like I mean when you look at the Jetsons, like they were talking to people on monitors, like that's zoom, that's a zoom call.
Speaker 3: Sure, you know, So all the.
Speaker 2: Stuff on Jetson's is like basically happening, but just like in a bit of a different way than we, uh than they predicted that it would happen. And we're gonna be like in our own capsules and stuff. I mean Honestly, it sounds really great for you. Yeah, it sounds really good for me because it's so interesting being on a co host of a relationship show because we do talk so much about connection, and like it's a constant problem when I'm dating people that like, the uh structure that I would ideally want in a relationship is and I've said this since I was like a little girl, that I want to live in one house and then my partner lives in another, like either another unit in the building or like down the street from me, because I know that's what would work best for me. And like absolutely no takers for that of anyone that I've you know, even you know, considered uh wanting to live with or you know, be with for an extended part of of time, because they're all like, well, that's not what a relationship like.
Speaker 3: That's not a real relationship.
Speaker 2: And I go, that's not a real relationship that you've seen in an example, certainly a real relationship. Yes, yes, I was, like I was like a relationship literally anything that you wanted to be. But I just know, like I was thinking about that a lot this week, and like, I know, I just don't see any world in which I can be cohabitating with someone unless we have a very large house and based on the people I date, uh, that won't be happening because I you know, I already bought my place right right right, So you know it's so funny all these guys are like, we have to live together, Okay, then get write a check right where where?
Speaker 3: Because I'm not.
Speaker 1: We're not living together in my loft? Did one bedroom?
Speaker 3: Right? And that's what I chose.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then also just like even like I was like snuggling with Alfred this morning, and I was like, this, how much would it suck if there was some other guy in the bed right now with me and Alfred?
Speaker 1: How much would that fucking kill my vibe? Right now?
Speaker 2: I would say, this morning, my morning cuddles with my little.
Speaker 1: Baby, right yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like I just feel so content being alone. Just like everything I just put I didn't have to think about it. I ate what I wanted to eat for dinner last night. I was like, oh, I've never seen Mermaids starring share Rhinona Writer and Christina Reichi. I'll let me put that on because I've never watched that movie. And that feels like a movie that I had need to watch. Yeah, do you imagine trying to tell your boyfriend you want to watch Mermaids?
Speaker 1: You'd never go for Oh, I would go for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well your gee, she's great. Well this is why Harris, but this is why we're very close friends. Also, did you know in Mermaids she's like forty four years old? How fucking fantastic?
Speaker 1: Does she lookless?
Speaker 2: And then you're getting mad about how they passed though she was like thirty one.
Speaker 1: They paired her up.
Speaker 2: With Bob Hoskins in that fucking movie. And I'm just like, listen, great actor, very and there is a he does have a certain genesse quap. But I'm like, this is not a share though, this is rude.
Speaker 1: Give her a hot daddy.
Speaker 3: The fuck that?
Speaker 2: Like that other, the the other like church guy. That why known a Rider ends up getting with is he's.
Speaker 3: A hot piece. God.
Speaker 1: I want to rewatch that movie now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it was just like and I was like considering somebody, Yeah, having to consider another person, this is a lot.
Speaker 1: This is why people get married young.
Speaker 2: Though, like it makes a lot more sense like with everyone's like I think that's like where some of the pressure to get married early is it's because people want, yes, because people know once you get into your groove and you find it, and you find an amazing groove that works for you, someone somewhat you know. Oh everyone complains about, you know, the standards that women to have in their thirties. It's like, yeah, because we have created such a wonderful life for ourselves.
Speaker 1: You really got to be great to fit into this. Who the yeah, who the absolute?
Speaker 2: Like, who the fuck am I going to allow to kill this vibe?
Speaker 1: No one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, no one, yeah, no one.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of energy to consider somebody else, even if you like love them and are obsessed with them.
Speaker 1: It is just it's a lot of energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to spend any one second doing something I don't want to do, which I think is that's like a kind of like something Kim Catrell said. She's like, I don't want to be somewhere for like even an hour where I'm not having fun.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I get that.
Speaker 2: I think you would read that quote maybe and be like, oh, this is like a woman obsessed with herself. But I think she really has the right idea. I think she really has the right idea. Yeah, fun is this.
Speaker 1: Is supposed to be fun and not most people are not having it.
Speaker 2: Also, people lack empathy. I mean that's kind of the phone thing is kind of connects to what I was gonna my little thing for this week, which was so you know, Taylor Swift was doing the Errors tour this week in Los Angeles, So that was one of the set of shows that people.
Speaker 3: Were like very much looking forward to.
Speaker 2: And if you know, during the twenty two the song twenty two, Taylor always gives her twenty two hat to a member of the audience and it's very excited, exciting, and if you get the twenty two hat, it's like, holy shit, I got the twenty two hat.
Speaker 1: Usually, like a younger girl she gives it too.
Speaker 2: And so in one of the LA shows, she gave it to Vanessa and.
Speaker 1: Kobe Bryant's daughter Bianca.
Speaker 2: And I expected to read the comments and be like, oh so sweet, what a heartfelt moment, how touching this woman?
Speaker 1: Law? I mean, so this woman, this child, she's six, her name is Leianka.
Speaker 3: She's six.
Speaker 2: She lost her older sister and her dad one fell swoop and she gets a hat in exchange, right, okay.
Speaker 1: And the.
Speaker 2: Amount of grown people commenting on this post, well, we've all lost someone, And I just like, don't think that like tailorship concentrated on just like a celebrity, because there was like so many people in that audience, and like so many people were like I was thinking the same thing I was thinking. And I can't believe how many people echo this seems sentiment. And I was like, you guys really fucking lack And because number one, I've also lost a lot of people, but I'm not six, and I would highly argue that most people at six haven't lost their father and their older sister in a tragic helicoph you psychos. I was like, there are different levels and stages of losing people losing someone when you know at that point, she was like three years old, and just like the trauma that must circulate around that family, the absolute loss that must be in that family, Like you guys are I like, I almost I had to stop myself from getting in a fight with these people because I was like you, there is such a lack of empathy and such a why not me attitude online and it is absolutely disgusting. And I gotta say sometimes we we have that with the listeners of this show too, and I think we've had discussions of it enough, and.
Speaker 3: I know it is hard.
Speaker 2: It is it's hard to look at a lot of other people who have so much and being a comedian, you know, uh, this is a this is a problem I have with a lot of our colleagues who it's a constant like why not me? You know, why why didn't I get this thing? Why didn't I get this TV show? Why didn't I get this festival? Because it wasn't meant for you?
Speaker 3: Because you're not.
Speaker 1: Good enough, because cause the.
Speaker 2: Other person you didn't work as hard he or the other person's uncle works for the festival.
Speaker 1: Like there's so many factors.
Speaker 2: Right, And I also do I also do think like we've all been told like we are also deserving of everything that now we now expect that we.
Speaker 1: Are deserving of everything.
Speaker 2: It's like no, quite, frankly, Sometimes you're just not good enough and you didn't work har hard enough and you.
Speaker 3: Don't deserve it.
Speaker 2: Like the reason Kobe Bryan's daughter gets special treatment is because Kobe Bryan impacted a lot more lives than most of us will ever impact, and so they just get more and that's just the way life is.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry if that fucking upsets you. Grow up five time champions. Yeah, it's like, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And also and also, like Taylor Swift is a celebrity, so her other friends are celebrities, And if you actually do it ten seconds of research, you would know that her, that Kobe Bryant's family and Taylor Swift have a long history of things that they've done together.
Speaker 3: Like, just for ten seconds, pretend that you're not a.
Speaker 2: Fucking moron, I would love it.
Speaker 3: I was. I was, I was.
Speaker 2: I was aghast at these at these comments about this six year old You're jealous of a six year old girl who got.
Speaker 3: A foodra go to therapy?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Think?
Speaker 2: Look in the mirror and say, I was jealous of a six year old girl who's dead and sister are dead. So that's that's how unlike invaluable you feel, and how out of control you feel in your life.
Speaker 3: That's pathetic.
Speaker 2: You're pathetic, and it's okay, you can fix it, but right now.
Speaker 3: You're pathetic and you need to fix that asap.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even go like I didn't even I could have had I had to walk away from the post. But like, and you know, these are these are husbands and wives, these are voters, These are people who are probably making decisions about women's bodies, These are people who are raising children.
Speaker 1: These are people who are pro.
Speaker 2: Creating truly the worst worst scenario any horror movie I've ever watched in my entire life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is that is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Just like, Yeah, some some people in life get more than other people.
Speaker 1: It sucks. Maybe in your next lifetime you get more.
Speaker 2: Like it's what, Yeah, I can't be Joseph a six year old period, but being Joseph a six year old whose father and sister died tragically, and the absolute cloud and weight that that will hold over their family for the rest of their lives and they will never and that will always be something hanging over them.
Speaker 3: There was nothing I would trade for that, you know, entire world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that that thing you said about some tailor Swift, because we know a lot of Taylor Swift fans, like diehard Taylor Swift fans were fantastic. Yeah, so it's definitely not all of Taylor Swift fans, but she.
Speaker 1: Fucking what you said was so fucking funny weeks ago about like, you know, uh, she's sheer captain and I'm on the bleachers.
Speaker 4: So a lot of her fans are the bitches on the bleachers, and it's.
Speaker 1: The why does he like her and not me? Kind of thing?
Speaker 4: And that that is exactly that type of sad vibe in that that you are a stronger woman than I for not absolutely going to town on those people saying that that's insane.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna teach them anything in that moment, you know.
Speaker 2: It's like they're gonna have to learn that through like the lessons of life that will be presented to them over the years. But like I do think though, like if you're like again and it's this why why not me? Is something that always makes my skin crawl. It's it's so prevalent among comedians. I always walk away when people are having a why not me? Conversation? And I know some people are like, I like, but what about call her Daddy? That wasn't a why not me? That was like why did you steal our ideas?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Literally verbatim.
Speaker 3: So I just want to clear that if that's on anyone's mind.
Speaker 2: But like anytime, and certainly I do look at things and go, man, I would have really liked that opportunity. And then I just say to myself, well, get the fuck off your phone, stop looking at all these other things that people achieved, and go and work harder, because you obviously didn't work harder. What the material you're putting out isn't resonating with people enough. You got to make a change. You got to do something different.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: What the conversation I have with myself, I don't go just I don't just sit around and go what the world is against me?
Speaker 3: No, it's not. The world doesn't care about.
Speaker 1: You that much. You're a blip. You're a blip in the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can think of none of us really matter on a singular basis, and okay, so just get just know that and uh yeah, I just so if you start thinking like why me, I would really advise you to to train yourself out of that thinking, no matter what it is, because it comes up so much and it's so gross and nobody likes it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's so set.
Speaker 2: Mentality is fucking It is very prevalent, and I do wonder can you just imagine being an adult and wanting the tailor twenty two Fedora stop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another layer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder too if those people, like you know we were talking earlier about like you wouldn't like men and women wouldn't say the things that they say to each other on dating apps if you were face to face and.
Speaker 2: Course not, I was gonna have no problem going to skaning Fesston, Like, no one's calling me a come bucket to my face. And honestly, if you did, I commend you for your bravery because you're gonna have a long weekend.
Speaker 4: Do you think those people who call those people that commented about that like would say that out loud?
Speaker 1: Probably not out loud.
Speaker 2: I mean you'd have to have real smiral cohonez to say that like to a sex year old.
Speaker 1: But like I just yeah.
Speaker 2: And then it's also so interesting to see this like this, like internet wide communal jealousy over celebrities. It's like it's like it's like I think that's why part of the reason now now it's being exposed why celebrity is are celebrities like a lot of it is like hateful watching.
Speaker 4: Yes, and when when somebody does something like the Lizo thing when like when somebody does something that is wrong right is morally like not okay everyone, Really it is fucked up to watch everybody enjoy tearing other people apart. It's like the so you've been publicly shamed kind of concepts that John absolutely and.
Speaker 2: It's like even if you just look at the little thing, I think, like everybody has done something really cunty or shitty towards somebody else, And I watch these people enjoy tearing Lizzo down and it doesn't take away from the fact that like that her dancer is and that documentary film director who bowed out of the project, like yeah, like they didn't like being around her and they got out, sure, great, but like the the enjoyment of tearing her down is just I'm like, that's.
Speaker 1: Not that's fucked up, Like we can't we can't just go. But you did the like to stop a cycle.
Speaker 4: It's I think the tricky is part to stopping a cycle, and it's not just familial like when you see.
Speaker 1: Something like that happening instead of going, I can't believe Lizzo, of all people who has dealt with body weight and being a black woman, all this stuff, How dare she? Fuck you you?
Speaker 4: Every human being could absolutely understand how you can be at your limit and be a fucking cunt. Or maybe she has narcissism from being that famous, because fame is a mental illness like that that amount of fame has got to be tricky.
Speaker 2: Or maybe she's in a bad mood because everyone spends all their time talking about her weight and she just tends to be mean to someone because sometimes it feels.
Speaker 4: Good, right, But like every human being under stands that concept, and we're all pretending that we don't when we're taking her down, and that's just such bullshit. And so to stop the cycle, you got to not I understand how that it could be tricky, but it's very doable. You just got to not take the fucking bait and don't add to the grossness of the conversation. Well now, and when we talk about you know, I think we're living through you know, Andy Warhol's prediction of everyone getting their fifteen minutes. But yes, both in the positive and the negative, right, So like positively yes, like so many people kind of became like really huge stars overnight on TikTok or Instagram or whatever. People like that necessarily weren't even pursuing a career in entertainment. But I also think, you know, like things like these, like you know, Karen video accounts and stuff, people are also getting their fifteen minutes for.
Speaker 3: A negative of thing.
Speaker 2: And I think anytime you've been once you've been through and I don't wish this on anyone, I really don't know, but anytime once you've been through an experience like that where you on your worst day and your worst behavior is exposed and spread around the internet, I think you would really never treat someone like that again, and if you did, you got to get you have to continually learn that lesson you know, or like be resulted with that again. And I know that you know a lot of people's retort to that is basically like, well, then if you just were being a good person twenty four to seven, it wouldn't even be possible to get this moment on tape, and like, yeah, no one is a good person.
Speaker 1: Of course, there are.
Speaker 2: Extreme examples of racist, racism, misogyny, violence, animal abuse that yes, no one would ever be able to get those moments for a lot of us on tape because they don't exist. But for some of these it's like all right, relax, Oh yeah, let me just give me your give me your phone for a second, let me start some word, you know.
Speaker 4: Shut the fuck up. Yeah, it's so pathetic. A skeletons are closet. We've all behaved in manners that were not proud of. And like I said, I think a lot of people carry shame about something on their back, and so that makes you act like a nasty bitch and in moments.
Speaker 1: Where you're you're you're not proud of.
Speaker 4: And these are the moments that we're filming and then putting in in front of people going.
Speaker 1: I can't believe she did that. Yes, you fucking can believe she did that. Stop it. You're excited to point the finger at somebody else, right, let's let's not. Let's stop with that.
Speaker 2: Well, Bethany Frankel actually did a really interesting, uh kind of like Instagram to camera real about the Lizo situation, and I thought she described people being excited to pounce on Lizzo as a feeding friends you And I thought that was a really perfect way to phrase that. Yes, and I'm sure she's experienced many things like that, being a huge reality TV TV star and even though after reading the accusations against the Lizo, of course it's hard to side with her. And but but I didn't want to pile on in any way to that, Like there I like unposted so many things like that. I was like trying to make jokes and I was like, I don't even actually want to contribute to this because of the because the way people are acting, like just discussA well, if you think about it too, it's like even like with it when the me too.
Speaker 4: Movement resurface, like the how to have a really valuable conversation that actually moves the needle, which is not most people's goal when something like this happens.
Speaker 1: No, it's getting clicks if yeah, exactly so.
Speaker 4: But if you if you for the Lizo situation as the example, like if you, if you fucking shame her and to how fucking dare you bub blah blah, do you think that's actually gonna make her want to face the moments where she wasn't acting proud of herself, Like do you think like, no, it's not it's not inviting dialogue to like we all do this shit, we all behave, we can all have the potential to behave disrespectfully and rude towards other people. Uh, and so pouncing on her is not gonna make her want to go, hey, you know what, I'm gonna take a look at those moments. And those were not my proudest moments. I got my egoga cut up with the fame. All I do is get fucking body shamed by the internet. That's very stressful. Then you have a dialogue, but like, jumping on her like that.
Speaker 1: Is only going to push her. That's how you get right wingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get we get horny as a society, Like when when we think about like someone else having to like pay penance, especially to us, to us, the fan of the celebrity, Like, we get like fucking collectively horny. And it's yeah, absolutely, it's I just find it so repulsive.
Speaker 4: I mean I catch myself get in moments like that. When we did the Mark Harley thing, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, fuck this guy, fuck this piece of shit, fucking Like I got really mad. But it's like, I mean that's also someone who's like I mean like.
Speaker 3: Violenting like crime, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Against the like against a woman, because I mean I think, like, as you know, there is the part of the little allegations with like the sexual assault, and you're like, well, that's not great. Likes sing uh somebody to participate in a sex show, or like forking them to eat like, you know, bananas out of genitalia. Yeah, that's disgusting. And then uh, what else was it with Lizzo? I don't know, just the whole the whole thing, you're just like and also any any apology you get, like, it's not a real apology.
Speaker 3: It's just someone who wants not their career.
Speaker 4: Always that's what it always is because there's not real dialogue about this when it happens, Like people aren't saying like.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what what what.
Speaker 4: Maybe you weren't maybe that wasn't your best day. You know, that's those type of words are not being used.
Speaker 2: We also don't really know these people, so it's not really hard job. It's like Lizzo has friends and family and you know, And I think it's more of a situation of how did she get and how did she get into a space as so many celebrities do, where no one was telling her like no or like yeah, where no one was telling her no. Basically, we see that happen to almost every celebrity mental illness because everybody they cheer you on for stuff that's a lot of times mediocre, and and then people put out bad albums and it's easy.
Speaker 1: To get like so applauded for.
Speaker 4: Something and you go, oh, that's good, Okay, I'm gonna keep doing it, and then you make art that you don't even like and you're like, how did we get here?
Speaker 1: You know? So so everyone's complicit.
Speaker 2: I mean, the fans are complicit, the yes men and women and people's lives, you guys are part of the problem. So it's like it's not it's it's very hard to buy, buy yourself in a bubble, become a monster, totally. It justs we're all. We all contribute to it in some way or another. And then also quick correction from last week, just for anyone who was listening the conversation that we do about like where I was talking about like my father having a traumatic brain injury. I just say traumatic brain injury a lot because it was technically a hypoxic brain injury, which which means it's like the result is pretty much is pretty similar, but hypoxic means that the injury came from lack of oxygen, whereas traumatic is where it was like actual physical impact. So just for clarification on that, if anyone one was thinking about it, But anytime I say hypoxic, people go what, So I just say traumatic a lot of times, but just if anyone was like from the medical community, it was like listening and they're like, that doesn't add up that.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to clarify that.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't take any take or change anything from the conversation because a lot of times we were dealing.
Speaker 1: With specialists who specialized in like TBI.
Speaker 2: Because again, like the behaviors that you would exhibit and stuff are the same, just the cause is different. So yes, all right, guys, and make sure to subscribe to our clips channel on YouTube if you have it already. So we have it and then sometimes we forget to talk about it. But like the short clips that you see on our Instagram, they're all collected on our clips channel and you can access our clips channel right by going to YouTube dot com slash. Guys, we fucked without that you and fucked. So we just split long form and short form and thank you so much to everyone. We have also like a lot of new graphics. If you, guys, haven't checked out the YouTube in a while, we reformatted our podcast a bit, so if you haven't watched it in a couple of weeks, it's all new and you should definitely check it out. If you're not someone who normally watches and you just kind of listen, all right, guys, speaking to listening, We're excited for you to listen to our guest interview today. She is a stand up comedian, she's a writer, she's an award winning producer.
Speaker 1: She's a very talented actress. She's got a gorgeous ass face and that's at the bottom of the list because she's so talented at all these other stuff. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Gabby Brian.
Speaker 6: I was feeling so lone, nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: On my own, feel like nobody knows. I can't understand.
Speaker 2: Who I am.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna take it anymore, no holding back, not like before. I'm not gonna be sorry.
Speaker 8: You thought you could persmas, well, I'm not doing now none as to apologize.
Speaker 6: Maybe telling you lies.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna be sorry, no.
Speaker 1: Just for in.
Speaker 8: Oh my am.
Speaker 9: You don't read the world and I have fell my shelf. F Now I'm gonna take any mob.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna take it anymore, no holding back back, not like b.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be Si. If thought you could pusmas.
Speaker 8: Well I'm not going down.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 8: Eyes.
Speaker 10: No, so.
Speaker 1: It's a good puss.
Speaker 5: You're good.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought that was Mike doing that.
Speaker 1: It was annoying, like Mike sor she takes it back. Now your own person And I don't take offense to things I don't saying personally.
Speaker 2: Literally such a mic moment where where there's a most whistles or drop something.
Speaker 3: But Christina did it today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, set it up.
Speaker 2: No, No, guys, we are here with stand up comedian and shining smile.
Speaker 1: However, Gabby, you do glow.
Speaker 3: Gabby, I have a facial oil on that.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jesse, you have to tell us off the pods. We're not accidentally promoting someone's up hanging of course, of course, of course, so welcome to the show having me. Yeah, you're like I like you you When you do comedy, you feel like someone I would actually want to hang out with. And I can't really say that about any well about most comedians, like they would be fun to like have it a roast.
Speaker 1: Or drink with right, But I actually hang.
Speaker 2: I don't know that in daytime, I would want to be around them.
Speaker 3: That warms my heart.
Speaker 1: You do you like the way you and the way you also talk to young women.
Speaker 2: I also enjoy because you know you're you're roasting them, but oh, it goes over the head.
Speaker 3: I love roasting women because we deserve to be roasted, but I don't want We don't need men exact comedians comedians roasting women, so but we need someone roasting them, Yes, and I will. I want them to know that I love them. Yeah, We're all going to be roasted, and I'm involved, Like I'm roasting them, but I'm also roasting myself in the process.
Speaker 2: You give, you give a lot, Like even when you're hosting your show, we learn a lot about who you are and the mistakes you've made. But like, if there's something you know it just because you look like you're very put together.
Speaker 3: In your reveals.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously it could just be art, you know, making up stuff. Who knows, you know, because everyone comes up like like every bit of stand up comedy is one hundred percent accurate, And I'm like, well, your no will no, you will never know exactly what is real and what is now. There's a little yeah, you can't. You can't tell people real?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: A mess? Like a hot mess?
Speaker 3: I'm not a hot mess, Okay, I would say very I'm like calm mess.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Y?
Speaker 3: That sounds fun. I make the same mistakes over and over to a point where it's not a mess. Really, it's kind of just a pattern.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did it take you a while to realize you're making the same mistakes over and over?
Speaker 1: Have you known it the whole time?
Speaker 3: I've known it.
Speaker 4: I kind of it's something special when you have a front row seat to your fuck up and you're like, here I go again, and I'm doing the thing and I'm dating that person again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you but you don't do anything about it.
Speaker 3: You just watch. Yeah. I kind of do this thing where I go out with a guy. Let's say we're talking about dating. I go with a guy. I go, he's absolutely insane, this will be funny, and then I fall in love with him.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you wait, so you really start? Do you?
Speaker 2: Are you being honest with yourself when you truly start it? Just saying like this will be funny, like this is for a joke. Yeah, because really, yes, you know what.
Speaker 3: I think we all are so riddled with disease as comedians that we're like so actually bored in real Like I'm pretty calm and boring in my brain and I need some sort of outside entertainment because I don't want to perform off stage.
Speaker 1: I agree with that part.
Speaker 2: I do find if I if I get bored, I have to cause chaos for sure.
Speaker 1: So a chaotic.
Speaker 3: Person, I'm like, oh yeah, give me a mess that I can clean up. Let me listen.
Speaker 1: What's a what brand of chaotic man do you like? Because there's so many different kinds.
Speaker 3: There's so many different kinds, and they're all hot.
Speaker 1: They're also set, they're all hot.
Speaker 3: I love a neck tattoo oheak my language, gold teeth, oh a gold or like one. I love a smattering.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite celebrity in this genre of bad boy? I like post Malone, like I'll go full out like dirt, like I like some Do you smell bad? I think post Malone probably really does. Smell's a kind heart you smell.
Speaker 1: Through the photo?
Speaker 3: He seems kind? He does, yes, and his lyrics are great. Why do you get face tattoos?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: I support it? Yeah, I like Machine Gun Kelly, like, yeah's I'm not obsessed with him. I don't like blonde guys because I feel like I'm related to them. But yeah, yeah, yeah, that genre of guy who's just like really intense and he's like, he's moody, s he's.
Speaker 2: So immature though, that's the problem, you like the immature.
Speaker 3: I don't do it on purpose, but yeah, who's that coming from?
Speaker 1: You think?
Speaker 3: Because they're so crazy and it's fun.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you really just want entertainment in your life. It is kind of fun. And then the thing is you can't help who you fall in love with.
Speaker 1: But you can. You can, you can, you can steer yourself.
Speaker 2: Like I I know when I'm in the process of making myself become obsessed, I do it.
Speaker 1: I do it on purpose, yes, because.
Speaker 3: Because we're girls and we love a fandom. Yeah, Like I I've always been like a fan of something, and then when something's so insane, I'm like, oh my god, fuck, and I just love it.
Speaker 1: I imagine you if you ever get married.
Speaker 2: One day you're at the what you're you're making your speech and you're like when I first met you, I was like.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Literally, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, who's the crazies guy you've ever dated? Like give us some hits, So, like, what kind of what kind of what kind of behaviors have you personally experienced that you're like, oh, I should change, you know.
Speaker 3: I love a guy who's like immediately obsessed with me. Oh so like a love bombing.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be my next followup question when you described the kind of guy you like, because I was like, that's a love bombing.
Speaker 1: When I I love bombing, I'm like, great, a bomb of love, sign me up. But then it is toxic.
Speaker 3: I actually had to have a gen z explain to me why it was bad?
Speaker 1: Did say say?
Speaker 3: I'm like, I was like, so what is I think it was day? I was like, what is love bombing? And they explained it to me and I was like, and why is that? Why do we not want? And they're like it's a manipulative And I'm like.
Speaker 1: But what if they're wrong? And for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what if they are in love with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the problem because because when when someone love bombs me, I just think finally, someone who gets someone exactly, someone understand.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, what I've been saying. Yeah, that's the that's the problem. I still can't delineate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's Yeah, how do you know? How do you know if it's a love bomb or not? Like, what are the signs?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 2: I think the pace at which it's moving is the number one giveaway, because a healthy love is supposed to grow at a slower pace, like the way like if you're making a snowman and you're making one of the balls, Like you have to earn each other's trust, in other words, not just give it to each other. Yeah, and just because someone by, Yeah, like fucking samples.
Speaker 3: A cost follow me while you're at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, where's my home address?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But then when you like, I started going out with a normal, healthy guy, and I was like, okay, he wants me dead, Like you want to see me once a week?
Speaker 1: Right, once a week?
Speaker 2: That's not a lot.
Speaker 1: I like once a week? But what's his occupation? But it's better.
Speaker 3: It's because he's working and he cares about his Yeah, career, it is right. But I'm like, if you like me, you're gonna have to see me every day, every day. No, and then I and then I go to hate it, so yeah them, yeah, and then I'm like I need space. But in the beginning I was like, when you're not.
Speaker 1: You built your own hamster wheel and you're like, why am I on here? Yeah, I'm tired.
Speaker 2: That's the thing with love bombing is you do you grow sick of the person at a much faster rate, so you're gonna have intense short relationships. And I'm speaking about this like I know about it because I do. Yeah, speaking at this from a professional active of someone who does this all the time exactly because it just feels exciting.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like when people talk about what they're looking for, they're like, yeah, I'm trying to build a slow burn people to.
Speaker 1: Be there for me. I go, I don't need that. I was.
Speaker 2: I was at home last night doing all my crazy fucking witchcraft shit, and then I went to sleep with my dog and I was like, this was the best night ever, and if I had to wake up next to someone, it would ruin everything.
Speaker 3: That I just did tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, Witchcraft, well, I mean I've been practicing with us since I was in like seventh grade.
Speaker 1: So I was just doing you know, jar spells. It's a good time.
Speaker 3: What's the difference between a regular spell and a jar spell?
Speaker 1: A jar a jar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a jar spell is just it's just a it's just a category of spells, and it's you'd almost think of it as like the same was like a jar salad. It's just an like an easier way to approach a spell, like if you yeah, because se spells can be more complicated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like I'm not, like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I know, witchcraft is very in vogue right now, so it feels almost embarrassing talking about it. But I like have been seriously like practicing wiccas since I was in seventh grade, So that's amazing.
Speaker 3: We used to do that in college a lot. We would get really drunk, me and my theater school friends obviously.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, theater kids.
Speaker 3: Yes, we would buy a spell book and we would drunk on four loco and we would kind of attempt to do the spell. It wouldn't work, but that was nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, at least we wanted we were doing something that could have worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were doing something together.
Speaker 2: But what kind of spells were you doing?
Speaker 3: How do you know that they didn't work. One time my friends. I wasn't actually at this spell, but it is the most famous college spell story of my friend group.
Speaker 1: Anything has a spell.
Speaker 3: Story, you always have a spell.
Speaker 1: Go into the woods to get one raccoon's toenail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're like, all right, I guess we're going to don't even ask questions. Yeah, there was like an old cat who had one eye in the neighborhood and they were all, you know, drunken high, and they were like, let's do a healing spell on this cat. Oh yeah, it's sweet out of kindness. The spell was born and they did the spell, but they didn't have sage, so they used like weed and they have something, so they use like whatever, tap water or windows and then they did just spell and all they all of a sudden there were a bunch of cats at the back door, all scratching in.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Spell?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so something happened. The cats still didn't have an eye, but all the cats were.
Speaker 1: Called cool something.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, they're like, you know, magic, it can't magic icy k. It can't do like things the way magic without the K can do because the but so's I couldn't bring the eye back. But maybe the healing was in the community. Yeah yeah, yeah, maybe maybe it did work.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, they created.
Speaker 2: Some sort of cat your energy, yes, yes, yes, yeah, your energy was calling from the spell was calling in the cat.
Speaker 1: Animals were sensitive.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But have you ever did a guy? I was into witchy stuff.
Speaker 3: For those I feel I've never did it.
Speaker 1: I never met a warlock.
Speaker 2: They actually only like to be called witches. Think you're on Hinge.
Speaker 3: I've never found a warlock, and who's not gay. I have a collection of gay warlocks.
Speaker 1: We all do as you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would even consider myself one of them.
Speaker 1: But I'm a gay warlock.
Speaker 3: I've never met a straight world Yeah yeah do you so?
Speaker 2: You said Hinge? Is that the only dating app that you're on?
Speaker 1: I'm on Hinge on I was. I was actually be on Rio right just to see.
Speaker 3: But everyone you meet on Riya is just the worst person you've ever met in your life.
Speaker 2: I met one really good person on Riya though. The only boyfriend I ever had from a dating app is from Riot.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: Everyone was terrible except for that one person. I saw the profile of one mister Trevor Noah once and I was like, yes, yes, And I was like should I re Should I close the app and reopen it to do it again? I was so I was like, oh, this will keep me on that app for ten years?
Speaker 3: Yes, same, I saw him, so, I saw Pete Davidson was on it. None of them have said yes to me, so.
Speaker 1: That could be Boughts too. I mean as much as men get tricked, I feel like women could get tricked on dating apps.
Speaker 2: I feel like those guys are maybe are also like who knows, maybe the app like paid them to make a profile, but they never.
Speaker 1: Interact on it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love Trevor Noah.
Speaker 1: He's so hot. I saw him in person at the CNL party and you always seem in the suit. He was wearing a leather jacket and I was like, whoa fuck is up with your face? Everything about you is like the sexiest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: He is it.
Speaker 1: And he's good at sand up, stand up surprisingly yeah, all around a man with dimples. Oh yeah, Because.
Speaker 2: When he showed up, I was like, this guy's too hot and has too cool of an accent to be good at stand up. And then he did stand up and it was like this in a band of CD and you're like, fuck, you're good at stand up too, off, well you're a asshole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're all mad.
Speaker 4: You can have a stand up comedian that's so hot it's distracting a male stand up comedian.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know. Everybody says I was women, and I kind of like, I get it. I get what they're saying, but yeah, I mean you really got to almost work harder if you're hot.
Speaker 1: Well that well, yeah that's what you know.
Speaker 2: Matt Rife is, you know, touring hugely right now, and you can tell, and he's just getting frustrated because it's it's turned into like a live escort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Magic MIC's.
Speaker 3: People are like screaming at him like, yeah, here's tits, Like can I just say a sentence? I'll get to your tits absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, oh, women can be scummy too.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: I get annoyed for him too, because I'm like, you know, it's like how much empathy can I have for someone who's that good looking for them? Yeah, but then I'm just like, it is annoying if you truly love stand up and you're working at it, Like how fucking annoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah? His bone structure. I would love his bone structure. Great face.
Speaker 1: Do you think he.
Speaker 3: Has gotten bucle fat removal or that's natural?
Speaker 1: What is that? You don't know what?
Speaker 2: Bugle fat removed and one that makes you look gaunt? That's like, that's the whole thing now, yeah, yeah, that's the whole thing. You gotta get that sucked down, you die.
Speaker 3: I want my bugle fat removed and put into my tits.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I want to recycle it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just move it all here, just just move it at tits. Oh okay, So that's how people get that. That's not a natural look. No, it's completely it's sucked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, there's so many procedures.
Speaker 3: No one's face is real. Fuck, no one's face is real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's kind of like, oh, you're cheating, but then you do look hotter, so and I like looking at you better now.
Speaker 3: So have you seen Leah Michelle lately? New face?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Brand new face that's from Glee? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh I loved her face. I mean whatever again, that's I I I dish out the same comments that I'm like, guys, it's her body, her choice. And then I'm like, oh, come on, you cheat her like it's a peril.
Speaker 3: You know, I want to google new Face, Liam new Face. You know there's jaws sculpted the lips.
Speaker 1: That's not a consour.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, the bugle fat is gowing.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's like that's like, as.
Speaker 1: Is that invasive? I mean, I don't know how they get it out.
Speaker 3: That's a good question, wow, because no one scarred up, so it has to be kind of like a suction.
Speaker 1: It seems like it could be a small needle.
Speaker 2: The way you put stuff the filler in, it seems like you're kind of taking it out the same way.
Speaker 1: I know. I hope men I'll find out what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Johnny Resnik does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he looks not great way dark doesn't.
Speaker 3: Plastic surgery doesn't really look good on men. Maybe it looks insane, or maybe men haven't.
Speaker 2: We don't realize it because they've gotten good plastic surgery. I feel like when you see it, it's so glaringly obvious, you're like, you went to the discount guy. But it's one of the few medicines that more work has been put in four females than males. So that's why just the same way as like that we like we like they're like.
Speaker 3: What if a girl's autistic, we don't even know.
Speaker 2: That's how it is, like a face, I know.
Speaker 1: What it feels like.
Speaker 3: That's she's just a crazy bitch. If a girl's autistic, we don't even really know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. An article about how like women are so trained and socialized to be like polite and whatever that they've like trained themselves to hide symptoms of autism to their doctors just without even knowing him.
Speaker 3: We're hiding everything.
Speaker 1: I know, of course, we're hiding auto you know, I know hiding.
Speaker 3: I know girls, if you're on the spectrum, just a spectrum, yeah, or maybe you've hit it from your self.
Speaker 2: Women are really good at hiding things, Yeah, from themselves and from others.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 4: Do you have something you're you were hiding about yourself that you like finally stopped and you're like, oh, or like a part of a part of your personality or I don't know, like a I don't know.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think when I just turned twenty nine, and I think that's been the age, like I've always like, I know myself, Yeah, this I have it on lock. And then you wake up at twenty nine and you're like, what the fuck? Who am I? Who am I? What's going on? What do I want to do? What do I think?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Everything is like it's like a racer on a whiteboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all gone.
Speaker 3: And are you work you've done?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Do you think the things that you were concentrating on aren't like, aren't important anymore? Do you see a like do you are you not interested in being the entertainment business because you're from an entertainment business family, So has that like were you always wanting to.
Speaker 1: Be in the entertainment business?
Speaker 3: I think I just always was, And then I woke up at twenty nine and I was like, oh, oh I want to Like, you didn't make it any good choice. It was just like we that's what everyone does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're, yeah, what what can you tell us more about that? You're you're always been in the entertainment industry, I know a little bit, but like.
Speaker 3: Well, my dad's a musician and my uh mom's and painter.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool to have both parents and the artists. I know that's like very lean and done on. Yeah, but you believe in yourself in a way that you're like curious to go deeper in your own psyche.
Speaker 3: I imagine, Well, there's just like no shame at all. You hear a lot of comedians coming up and they're like my parents were like, get a job, and my parents were like, talk about your tits on day.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's cool, that's really cool.
Speaker 3: I remember I just supported Yeah, I did a show and my dad was in the audience and I had this big bit about blow jobs and I got off stage and he goes, I have the perfect tag for your Oh my god, and.
Speaker 1: I was like vernacular the tag. Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: So they're big comedy fans, so they always just supported me.
Speaker 1: So I was just kind of doing it. I'm like, oh, that's great.
Speaker 2: Have you been around a lot of famous people since you were a kid? Yes, I know, yeah, Like who who cool that You're like, oh, that's uncle so and so, and someone's like what the fuck? Mmm?
Speaker 3: Really? Excepting okay, Queen Latifa lived in my town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's also.
Speaker 3: I would see her a dunkin Donuts.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, I know, dunk.
Speaker 2: She's a bitch, yeah, which runs on.
Speaker 3: I feel like I was around just a lot of like normal kind of like there would be a smattering of famous people, but it was mostly like like working musicians. I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm dating a musician. It's so fun being around musicians.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They just when they hang out, they sing and play their music and you're like, this is what you guys fucking do in your spare time. Everyone needs an instrument magical, magical, right right? Talented, Like what the fuck? It's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of like songwriters and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: So how did you How do you think you landed in comedy? Were you always the funny person? Was it just something that you like? There was like no one's done this yet.
Speaker 3: I just I think I just did it well. I went to theater school unfortunately, and oh yeah, you didn't like it.
Speaker 1: It was gay something to do.
Speaker 3: It's pretty gay. It was a little too like I grew up doing music and then I got into theater school and it was a little like everyone was like in their high school theater.
Speaker 1: Club, and I was like everyone was the best.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be a nerd, but I get I kept getting cast is like the lead, the blonde girl lead, and I'm like, I really want to wear the fat suit. I want to be the character. I want to be the old person. And then I'm like, how do I figure out how to get into the comedic?
Speaker 1: I just like the comedic roles. Yeah, I just stand stand up. Yeah, that's a great shoot, that's a great route.
Speaker 3: I also think, as a woman, hate hate to say it, we're always trying to like, uh give ourselves like impossible uh like challenges.
Speaker 2: You were like, I'm hot? How do I not be?
Speaker 1: What is the job?
Speaker 3: We're being hot? It hurts?
Speaker 1: Stand up?
Speaker 3: Stand up?
Speaker 2: That's nice because anytime I got it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think most of us feel this way.
Speaker 2: But and till you see like someone who could be a model, who's a comedian yourself and my Matt Rife concluded, I I am suspect of this person, and prove me otherwise, you know. So I go, I'm gonna keep my eye on this.
Speaker 1: Yes and.
Speaker 3: No. I was like one day, I'm like, why the fuck did I do that? I could be the queen of marketing right now. I could be running an office firm. Oh my god, head of some sort of firm.
Speaker 1: But I just signed sort of with your Tory birch flats. Oh my, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Last Yes, I'm such a fucking idiot. I literally am an idiot.
Speaker 1: You love a challenge, I love a challenge.
Speaker 3: I guess what's.
Speaker 1: Been the greatest challenge in your life so far?
Speaker 3: Doing goddamn stands up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Seriously, yeah, I think so. It's so hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard, but I like you. You're just chipping away something, chipping away something and your soul, but also like the jokes and and how you are on stage in your act, and it is. It is one of those things where the more effort you put in, the better you get results.
Speaker 1: It is. It's like a doctor. If you I want to be a doctor, there's the path, honest to god, if you want to be a stand up just fucking do it for ten years incessantly. Yeah, you will eventually get good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you wake up one day and you're like, oh I'm good now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank god? Oh thank because I was.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say everyone because it for ten years would get good because we you know, there are people who've been good going around, you know, in our But I think I think, like, yes, you can improve being funny, like you have to have some natural ability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can work on being funny for sure.
Speaker 4: So you get a lot of people coming up to you after shows, men probably, but maybe women too, Like I usually don't like women. I know, usually don't think women are funny, but like, oh, I didn't think you're gonna be funny because you're pretty.
Speaker 1: Like do you ever get that said to you?
Speaker 3: I used to get the I didn't think women are funny, but you're the one woman like that. But every female comic gets that. Yeah, yeah, you're saying that to every female commed right.
Speaker 1: You just think it's interesting. Have you ever tried to get fucked after a show by an audience member?
Speaker 3: That's why I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: But really, is it working me?
Speaker 2: Because maybe because you're you're like a significantly enough younger than us that maybe the new generation is like because you're like very end of millennial.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm yeah, well yeah, yeah, I think twenty seven is the end of yeah millennial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're it's towards the end, and so I feel like, you know, maybe maybe it was a brighter future people were seeing more for women at.
Speaker 3: A younger I feel like I started on the CUSP. Yeah, the CUSP where it was like the first two years of comedy was like the really toxic kind of your your gen and I'm sorry, yeah, yeah, And then suddenly overnight I'm like, oh, there's a bunch of girls.
Speaker 1: Here right right, right, right right. It happened pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I saw I saw the first half the first bed, and then I came up with, you know, doing Bobby Kelly's podcast with all the old like seller dogs. I really experience that and love them, but you know, I got roasted to oblivion.
Speaker 2: And you had to really earn, like to talk amongst a bunch of male comedians that are all on what the same podcast. You really have to what you say has to be important and you have to know where to insert.
Speaker 1: How'd you end up there?
Speaker 3: I don't even know I was. I was uh like linked up with Lenny Marcus, who's like very funny comedy star guy. Because my the guy who planned my Mitz Fuss stick with me here is a dj okay and he grew up with Lenny Marcus in the Jewish community and he was like, I know the stand, you know. I was like maybe I was like two years in maybe maybe maybe, And he was like, go like have coffee with Lenny. And then I just became friends with him and I would like run around to his spots and he would help me with my stand up whatever. And we were sitting in the cellar at the Olive Tree one night and it was like the day that Bobby's produce, like last producer had left.
Speaker 1: And they were scrambling for a new one.
Speaker 3: Oh, and Lenny was like, you know what, fuck it, let's I'll go introduce you to Bobby. And Bobby's like Boston trash and I'm Jersey trash. There got along, yeah, and immediately we were both like fuck you okay, and I started he was like come up and just like sitting in the podcast and I started that.
Speaker 2: That's great for like three years or something, and that's how that's how the shops rolling.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It made me.
Speaker 3: Uh, it made me a sociopath for sure. Nice because it's just like the best comedians in the world roasting the living. I would leave there with a limp. I would get roasted so bad, yeah, so consistently.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And then it just made me like, well, it trains your brain how to think and like how to roast and have like being on a podcast when it's a bunch of comedians in the point of the podcast is just a comedy roundtable.
Speaker 1: There is a dance to it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you have to be so quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I started hosting his show at the Cellar, which was like way before. I mean I was like bombing ass at the Cellar, you know, two three years in, and it just made me good.
Speaker 1: Quick yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I think women comics, especially like cute young female comics that aren't that aren't that far into comedy. We get opportunities a little too early, yes, but it is kind of cool to be like, all right, I know this is premature. I probably know why I got it, but let's fucking go. Yeah. And then well they were cool.
Speaker 3: They weren't creepy at all, thank god, that's good. They were very like it was like my dad's and daughter. I think, oh that's nice creepiness.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's good.
Speaker 3: Thank god. I got called a skirt a lot. But other than that, a.
Speaker 2: Skirt in like a in like a justy.
Speaker 3: Kind of way, like it's like a nineties Yeah yeah, yeah, I think it was cute. Yeah yeah, like Grandpa roasting.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly you talk You talked about mindful dating, uh to me and our DMS?
Speaker 1: What what I? And after I was like, what the I mean? I know what mindfulness is?
Speaker 3: And I made that up.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, because I well, I mean it, it is a real thing. I looked up articles on it and I was like and I was like, what does it mean it? And then like one short blip just said like basically being present while you're dating, And I was like, oh, I mean, okay, what's the opposite like being roofy somewhere else?
Speaker 1: Just checked out?
Speaker 3: Wait sidebar, did you know that gay men are doing ruflin? Do you know that drug is? It's called G.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't. Yeah, they've been doing that for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my really there's a club called G really yeah. I mean I don't know if that's what the inspiration, but me thinks it might have been.
Speaker 3: I just went out and it really warms my heart. It's like you can really find a positive to anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I found a positive to rufe's.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when the community takes it, yeah.
Speaker 2: Or are they appropriating female culture.
Speaker 10: That rufees is ours? Can't we have any kids from our rape drug?
Speaker 3: God? You take makeup and you take rufees is there nothing holy laugh mindful da What I said by mindful dating, I meant like the idea of like getting older, realizing the patterns we're going on, like this idea of talking to crazy guys and being entertained by it. Yeah, it's just kind of like clocking in because I think you're in your twenties and you're dating. I am like, I mean, I'm not even there really or you wronker, No, you just don't have to speak or listen when you're on a date with a man and then you wake up suddenly and you're in love with them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's a you thing?
Speaker 3: Maybe is that a mean thing?
Speaker 2: I talk too much on dates, so I have I have a different I have a different thing. But like, wait, tell me more about that. I've never they just not. It is kind of nice to like, especially the first couple of dates, like let them talk because like, show me who you are.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna sit back, tire yourself out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah right right, New.
Speaker 2: Jersey basics Gabby Brian Brian Brian, just Gabby Melissa.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so now I'm trying to be like, Okay, I'm not just dating for fun, for crazy stories for whatever. And now I'm if I'm going to go on a date, If I'm going to spend my fucking one night off right on a goddamn date, right, it better be for a clear reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how do you how do you establish that with the guy?
Speaker 3: I don't This is brand new. I typed that brand and I was like, Oh, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's something I want to do.
Speaker 3: Oh that's something that's on my list.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, are you.
Speaker 1: Seeing anyone right now?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, So when you talked about that healthy guy that bored you, how long ago was that and how long did it last?
Speaker 3: That is someone I'm like just talking to. But he lives in England.
Speaker 1: At a distance, Yeah, boring in the distance.
Speaker 3: He's healthy, he lives in England. I think it's I don't have in England when I was out there for.
Speaker 1: A nice there's a lot of hot guys in England on a I love an English guy. I'm on my like third or fourth English. Your Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Don't call me Taylor Swist.
Speaker 1: Stop. But that's what she's doing. I don't have bank, I mean, and that.
Speaker 2: Is the main thing that makes that's why she sells out stadiums.
Speaker 3: It's because of the bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't have the bank, her big forehead would turn everybody off.
Speaker 3: No, people wouldn't be listening to her musician.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I didn't realize just how many consistently British guys she's dated until I, you know, had to google and went to my trustee, Taylor Swift relationship timeline that everyone any celebrity, there's a someone made a timeline so fun and appreciate it. But yeah, there is What is it about the British dudes? Just the accent because I used to like that, but I got a vibe too.
Speaker 1: Id Irish guys. I'm Irish guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, the vibe, the accent, school, the vibe. They're fun as ship, Yes, fun as ship, and they get tanked and they're like can handle their liquor and you're like, oh ship, we could go the distance.
Speaker 3: And they have rosation. They're always kind of like the duress.
Speaker 1: Yeah whoa poetic with words? Yeah, I'm in British.
Speaker 4: Guys are just like so like, I feel like you could be the fun gal in a British guy's life. Yeah, like, oh, I've never met a woman that lights up a room like that, you know, because they seem so goddamn contained.
Speaker 2: So wait, we're just doing the emotional laborer guy, guy, we got that totally.
Speaker 1: But if you got those muscles, baby, if you got the muscles, start lifting. I go, what have we been talking about for years?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I just love an accent. You could be the most miserable person on earth and I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: I couldn't hear you through?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really like the accent.
Speaker 2: Well, I used to love the accent, and then when I actually went to England and everyone had the accent, I think I was less impressed by the accent.
Speaker 3: It does lessen it. Yeah, it does lessen it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: I did a guy for a long time who is from northern England.
Speaker 1: Oh that is fucking like cocky or like binder. Yeah, and I like that.
Speaker 3: That's just like.
Speaker 1: It's almost Australian in a way. It's like funk that you're like, what are you saying?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I love Lewis Capaldi.
Speaker 2: He's Scottish and I had to put on cations for his for his Netflix documentary because I couldn't.
Speaker 3: It was like, I don't know what the am saying?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 3: I get an answer.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I tag him all the time on everything, and so much so that his girlfriend watched my Instagram stories.
Speaker 1: Because and I go, that's how you know, you cause the problem stir the pot id guys too. That's really funny. Do you like do Is that like a thing you've done?
Speaker 3: No, I don't do.
Speaker 1: I like to do it a lot.
Speaker 3: But for Lewis Capaldi, I watched his Chicken Shop Date so good. He was so funny, and I'm like, I'm gonna damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I showed you Chicken Shop Date.
Speaker 3: You know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's it's the interviewer over like the Fish and Chips up where the really funny blonde girl Amelia and on dates with celebrities obsessed with her. Oh, it's so good. That's so that series is better than any television show.
Speaker 1: It really is. I love Hot Ones so good.
Speaker 3: I love Hot Ones too, But that interviewer is like, really, he's like terribly on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: The guy. The guy, he's kind of like Terry gross, like his so prepared.
Speaker 3: He's just so like there's nothing going on and he's like, here's a question, and it kind of he's kind of scary to the premise is so good that it like fills the Yeah.
Speaker 2: He i''m sure he is scary. He wants like people. He gets joy out of seeing people almost burn their mouths off. Yeah, but he likes you can tell he likes.
Speaker 1: Does he like it? Yeah, he's into it.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get into it. Twist. My friends threw me a hot One's birthday party this year.
Speaker 1: Oh so cute.
Speaker 3: He did a Hot One episode.
Speaker 1: Did you do it? Are you good with spice or not? I love spicy? Okay, so you can handle it without even having a facial express.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm sweating. I am a jew. Yeah, physically, but I like the shock of it all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It seems like, yeah that once goes along with your dating history and how you go along with it.
Speaker 3: You're like, I just like to cause a problem. I need to start eating like unseasoned food and calm the fuck down.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's the spice, that spice.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's who's the Who's like the messiest kind of guy you've ever dated?
Speaker 1: I've dated got.
Speaker 3: Like guys who are like really depressed.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 3: I think I end up in that suddenly because it goes with all of the other attributes I like.
Speaker 2: Are you in a good mood the way you are now mostly of the time? Yes, okay, yes, yeah, ye like.
Speaker 1: Give me your life, Gabby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm like, stop, I love it.
Speaker 1: You need me.
Speaker 3: Drain you though, Yes, I get very drained. Yeah, And and then I'll be like in love and love and love, and then suddenly I'm like, get away from me.
Speaker 2: When you're in a relationship so that you can feel like want it in a certain specific way, like if you can be the entertainer, you can lift them up. It is so appealing and so like toxically good. And then there's there's that pivot point where you're like, oh, I fucking hate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I'd like to take care of people. I think I have a very nurturing kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So just go men love that? Yeah yeah yeah. Who are you are?
Speaker 3: You have brothers and sisters?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have two brothers.
Speaker 3: Are you older?
Speaker 1: Younger? I have a twin brother? Oh cool? Oh so you're okay, So you're the older of the Do you have ESP with your twin brother.
Speaker 3: Kind of a little bit?
Speaker 1: That's so cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we just always are fit. I could tell how he's feeling.
Speaker 1: Oh, fun.
Speaker 3: If you cry, like when we were growing up, if he would cry, I would cry, even if I'm the one who's like physically punching him in the face.
Speaker 1: Are you.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, but he's a real estate agent, who are like absolute opposites. He's quiet, I'm crazy Brooklyn comedian.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's a fun dynamic that is fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is he married?
Speaker 3: No, but he's dating a little Guido hairdresser who I love.
Speaker 1: Oh it's cute. Look is married?
Speaker 2: It's snooky when he when he dates someone that like you don't like, does that affect how he feels about her?
Speaker 1: Or has that lit ever happened? No?
Speaker 3: I like everyone. I love girls, like everybody everything, you know when it comes to girls, speaking of that, are you by? I am by, I'm newly by. I'm like eighty twenty eighty twenty. How did you discover like every woman?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: I yeah, I feel like I'm eighty twenty two.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah that's true, you know, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm like I think that. I think that that's why it was the thing, because like every society convinced me that I was like, oh, I guess everyone must just be into everyone and then yeah, you're really not.
Speaker 3: I tried, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like stating women is fun. They're just soft and lovely.
Speaker 2: And I feel like you don't have to you don't have to try hard to look a certain you should be yourself in very different way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like such an intellectual yeah, like with a woman, I'm just like, yeah.
Speaker 1: So, how did this all how did this all start?
Speaker 2: You were just feeling the feelings? How like how early in your life did you feel feelings of intimacy or lust towards women.
Speaker 3: I think in my twenties. Yeah, I was like, I was always like, oh, I'd love to like fuck a woman out at some point. Yeah, but then I'm so obsessed with guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm totally hear.
Speaker 3: You'm like, boy crazy, right, But then I want to have sex with a woman. And then when I go on a date with a woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like yeah, because it's hard to navigate hard, wait are you the guy or am I the guy or what?
Speaker 1: But then you realize, oh, we just exist. Yeah that's kind of freeing.
Speaker 3: Well, it's hard when you're dating someone you respect, which is my own trauma.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking about that because I was like what I was like, I love women, and I can make a laundry list of women I love and admire and people I follow on the internet who I'm obsessed with, like Clementine Ford. I was just like watching her videos last night. I was like, I love this, Like I was trying to make myself and she has she did not consent to this, but like I was trying to make myself like want to have sex with her because I was like, I think she's so beautiful and she's so smart and she cares about the same things I do. I was like, I love everything about her, but I'm just like not there sexually. And then I look at you know who I'm attracted to sexually, and I was like, I hate that guy.
Speaker 3: He has no morals. Yeah, Like and that maybe is why he's hot. Yeah, why what occurs?
Speaker 1: Weird?
Speaker 3: It is a curse. But also it's so confusing to flirt with a woman because you're just like, I'm like, I love your outfit and I love your yes such full eyebrows. Are you gonna make out or are we? Yeah? Like complicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but so have you had a girlfriend?
Speaker 3: I dated a one girl okay, in between my last two boy relationships for a little bit, and I got so I mean classic like lesbian energy. It got so serious so fast yeah blah blah blah. And I was like, oh, so you don't like it when when it's a dumb guy. Yeah, with a girl. I was just like, this is toxic because I'm actually paying attention.
Speaker 1: Oh how did you break it off? Like it was breaking up with a woman because women was yeah yeah yeah. How long did it last? Just a couple of months?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a good hit. She wrote a songs about me.
Speaker 1: Oh you met you left the mark Gabby? Yeah, whoa songs about me? Whoa? And I listened to them and I was like, I send them to you or did you discover that.
Speaker 3: Now I discovered Well, she sent one to me and I listened to the rest of the album and I was like, oh, sorry, I think it broke your heart a little bit.
Speaker 2: Now what is she a lesbian or was she also by because we were.
Speaker 3: Both first girl oh, which was fun.
Speaker 2: It was you don't have to worry about leading each other on because you're both like, I don't know, but I want to be here.
Speaker 3: So let's say if I was literally eating her pussy and I was like, I literally stopped, and I was like, is this something?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Is that something?
Speaker 1: The first time I ate a girl out? I did it. I did it, and I only did it for like ten seconds. I was like, was that good? And she's like it was great, But why did you stop? Like you can't? You just did it for ten seconds? Like yeah, right, right, right, right right? Did you just get like in your head in a totally different way?
Speaker 3: Well, because you're like, what the what is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you watch YouTube video before?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How did you watch porn? You just dived right into it.
Speaker 3: I just went in blind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go, just do it.
Speaker 2: No, I never go into anything blind. I researched sex before I had it. Yeah, I got a nail it. I gotta nail it.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I don't like porn. I don't like it anymore either, so I just could. I never every time I'm watching porn, I'm like kind of like.
Speaker 1: No, I I reached.
Speaker 2: I watched I like read things about sex.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch porn to learn how to have sex.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, like I like read like academic books about it. Oh yeah, no, no, no, I don't think learning learning how to have sex from porn is a good idea at all. Porn stars will tell you that many porn stars have come on our show like, do not get your.
Speaker 1: Sex education from us. We need we need entertainment, we.
Speaker 3: Need some sort of sex education video. It's porn. You remember remember the movie Girl next Door, Yes, where they make the porn it's about it's like they make the new sex ad video.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Stoya was talking to us about that, but I think we were going to be we we We didn't end up doing it, but like she has Yeah, she pitched that idea to us, and we're like, oh, that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: It's like we're we're in no, no, no, she has porn. She had porn stars like demonstrate the thing. But we were talking about it, and remember, yeah cut to that. I'm like, that's a fucking great idea because that is a solid piece of education. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to launch this lube company. This is my big dream to leave entertainment and go into corporate America with that product. And it comes along with these like sex ad videos. Oh yeah, that's good, but it's more fun and flirty than people actually having sex, right, I can't put that on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Was there something about sex told that you didn't know that you wish you had a heads up on until you were there.
Speaker 3: I lost my virginity late. I lost my virginity when I was like seventeen, which is.
Speaker 2: That's new, that's not late at eighteen.
Speaker 1: Thinking of an eighteen year old having sex, I'm like, you guys are so young.
Speaker 3: All my friends were fucking at fourteen freshman in high school, and I like was like hideous until I was like, really, that's wow, good personality.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ugly it suddenly hot.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the that's perfect because at the right time, you don't need you don't need those people.
Speaker 1: You don't need to be fucking good when you're fifteen. No, no, I mean when you're fifteen, are you okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Something wrong there starts going on to that, yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So I just kind of like at that point I knew everything about say, everyone was talking about it, blah blah blah. Yeah, but they tried about it correctly though, well, I don't know that they never are. I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was a kid, a boy in my neighborhood was like girls get their period where they pee out of their butts, and for like five straight years.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't want to be out of my boy. Yeah, I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 3: You really believe you take a kidding face value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because kids spread rumors like they fucking know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Say someone with confidence, motherfucker's gonna believe it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember people talked about blow jobs a lot, and I was always kind of like, that doesn't feel like on brand for me. I hear you, and I still in Paris doesn't give blow jobs. They're below her.
Speaker 1: That's how I yeah, yeah, that's not how I think about it at all.
Speaker 3: I'm very smart. There's very there's big ideas coming out of my mouth. There's nothing, there's no room for something.
Speaker 2: We can't cork it up. We needed to open open passageway at all.
Speaker 3: Times, exactly. There's just in case a good idea, but right right, it's out right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't say a good idea when there's a dick in your mouth that's God the preach bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's very much two schools of thought on the blowjob. One is like the empowering you had the control that you have. Either one is like I'm so empowered when I get that away from me.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's been. It's been my big study. I would say, it's kind of my movement. It's like figuring out. I hosted a show for like a betches last week and it was like all a audience of all women. It's like two hundred women, like I've never I've literally never had that experience.
Speaker 1: Really, I was it cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was like, now while we're here, let me conduct some studies. Me and I was like, do we get blowjobs? And some women were like yes, I love it, Like it's like, you know, empowering whatever. Finally I have control. Some women were like it has to be like if he goes down at me, I'll go down and sure, so one bitch, this crazy bitch was like, well, when I gave birth, we couldn't have sex for the next couple of months, so I just blew him. I was like, go to jail.
Speaker 2: Ah, give me your woman card right now.
Speaker 1: You deserve it. Cancel her canceled.
Speaker 3: And then some people are like, no, it's it's.
Speaker 2: I will say, I don't just suck anybody's dick, you know, I have to be like really into them.
Speaker 1: But it turns me on. Giving a blowjob actually turns me on a lot. I wish I would, so yeah, and it's like, oh wait, so what is so can you not sep dick?
Speaker 3: It just feels weird. You have a doctor's note. Yeah, I'm so sorry. Doctor Mike says like, I'm sorry, there's a degree.
Speaker 2: I'm fascinated by the women in the Beaches audience who said that they don't give blowjobs. Did you dive into that anymore? Because I didn't know there was a group of women just actively saying we don't give.
Speaker 6: Mike.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mike has a personal vendetta. I guess it's just like I love a blowjob. On the topic, I think some people are like they were like, not for me, whatever?
Speaker 2: Really, And then I didn't even know that was like an option that you could stay in the dating field and say not for me.
Speaker 3: I've said it to men.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, I've said it to like a spid.
Speaker 2: Then I was like, if I wasn't like in a serious enough relationship with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can hold it over them until they commit for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Well I just say it's like it's it's so in my act that people kind of already know okay, and then it always ends up in discussion like I don't even care, by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and it's so it's a really know, we're just sometimes you then you do it.
Speaker 3: So if you have a six pack, I will blow you. Oh oh yeah yeah, but that feels like obvious. But I'll blow you for thirty seconds, no more and no less. Okay, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's more like a like a dip, like like a dip your toe in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, imagine this is how we could be. Yeah, we know, what is it about the six pack?
Speaker 2: Because I've the six pack is nice, but I feel like it wears off quickly for me.
Speaker 1: Nice really kind of like an accent.
Speaker 3: It's kind of just a nice fun bonus we get here a bow on top of the present.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just so fun where you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a stomach, I don't mind, Like if a guy's like chubby around, I don't give it.
Speaker 1: I really don't care. But when they have a six pack, you're like, it's like a fun play toy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're like, oh oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it's like boobs. I guess, yeah, yeah, yeah, just just touch it. Yeah, it is nice to have a round. But then sometimes you're like, okay, we got it.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes you feel it makes you feel disgusting, like have you ever dated a guy that's so hot or you're having sex with them and you're like, all right, I'm starting to feel like about myself.
Speaker 2: My first boyfriend was like he by society standards, was like everyone would look at him all the time, and it was like that was kind of it was just it was like, okay, annoying. It was just like walking around with a celebrity, but you're celebrity.
Speaker 4: I would say the most annoying party about that, yeah, is the walking around and watching them get all old. I'm like, okay, after at first you're like, yeah, he's fucking hot, huh, and then eventually you're like, okay, yeah, it's exactly what you said.
Speaker 3: I just don't want them to think that they're hotter than me.
Speaker 1: Right, because that's dangerous for me to think that right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't care if.
Speaker 2: They think they're they're hotter than me.
Speaker 1: I've gived.
Speaker 2: I've just never dated anyone better than me. So it's but I should start, Probably shouldn't. Yeah, dating a hot guy or like something hotter like that makes me feel.
Speaker 1: Hotter, like a weird little brand. Yeah yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Just makes me feel like like like it's just like, you know, who's this bitch? Like it's for a while, like I I was only dating people hotter than me, and I really liked it because women don't.
Speaker 3: Do though a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we don't do it a lot.
Speaker 2: I think it's very like that's my the way Christina feels about low jobs, That's the way I feel about dating people hotter than me.
Speaker 3: Okayat I like a man to look extremely violent. I like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah she does too.
Speaker 2: Yeah I get it's like will you kill me the next day?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, danger?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you just see me blonde, like yeah, oh my god, is my boyfriend? I'm like, yeah, what kind of guy?
Speaker 2: So you like the type of guy do those guys like you back? Or like, what kind of guys like you?
Speaker 3: Those guys like me back? Okay, they're really scary ones like me back, really, because I think the really scary ones date kind of really scary women as well, that you know, and they want to break every once in a while, and I look like this like virginal little Gwyneth Paltrow, and they're interested in that. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you were dating the girl, just I don't I have more questions about that. Did you introduce her to your family?
Speaker 1: Was it that serious? No, it wasn't that serious.
Speaker 3: Does your family know about it?
Speaker 2: Did you, like, did you have to like make an announcement or did you just casually say I'm dating a woman now?
Speaker 3: I said they were at a show and I said I was by on stage and I talked about eating pussy.
Speaker 1: Oh they heard of it? Did they have? You got artist parents? Theyn't give a ship.
Speaker 3: Didn't give a fucking shit. I mean, my little brother is gay as all hell, so they yeah, yeah, I don't care. Yeah, we don't even chat about it.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, they probably didn't even bring it up. Cool.
Speaker 3: At one point my mom was like, oh, I actually forgot about this. One time. I was at a bar and it was like maybe a couple months after I did that set, and it was me and my mom and she's like gorgeous blonde woman just like you know, it's just a cunt and the best way you know, Yeah, Painter, I went all the way with a woman once.
Speaker 2: I was like, I love when your mom has been waiting like fifty five years to tell you a story and then that moment comes.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Is your dad hot too? Objectively?
Speaker 3: My dad.
Speaker 1: Is so interesting looking?
Speaker 3: Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah he has long blonde I was like the locks or something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's visual. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: I had a long haired dad too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a real It really creates a personality.
Speaker 3: He's like he's giving mom and my mom is giving dad.
Speaker 1: Is it weird having a hot mom?
Speaker 2: We oh rocks?
Speaker 1: Oh cool?
Speaker 2: Cool? Well, I think about especially when you get old, like when you especially when you get older, because and then people just look at your mom as how how is how you're going to turn use it as a cage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's happening.
Speaker 3: She's just a bad bitch and she raised me to kind of be a bad bitch. Like she is the most toxic hot girl energy you know, and it's really nice, like she just like rips men apart to their faces. She just like she is ruling every room like she is like the worst hot girl at the party. It's so fun when it's your mom.
Speaker 2: So after after your parents got divorced, did she get married again?
Speaker 1: Does she was she dating?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: When when did that happen?
Speaker 3: This is I'm talking about my stepmom who kind of Yes, my mom also hot, but she's more hippie dipping no makeup, okay, you know, married and like hippie guy.
Speaker 2: So your stepmom kind of raised you so that you stayed with your your dad had made the primary custody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's rare. It's very rare, especially in my situation.
Speaker 1: It's almost funny.
Speaker 3: Because he's like not home, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: He's on the road. Yeah, why did that? Why why did your dad get custody? And especially when he's.
Speaker 3: Busy because my mom was a little Oh okay, yeah, so you're you're not super close with her.
Speaker 2: I mean if my parents had gotten separated, my dad should have gotten custody exactly.
Speaker 3: My dad is very like like loves being a dad, very nurturing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so when so when did this? Like so when how old were you when he got married to your stepmom?
Speaker 3: They were together since I was ten, oh eleven or something. Okay, yeah, interest to my my my formative years.
Speaker 1: I was raised by my stepmom whoa.
Speaker 4: So it's like a great stepmom's success story, it really is.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I love hearing.
Speaker 3: And she's like not a kid person at all.
Speaker 1: Wow, it doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 3: There's no parenting. There's not like a lot of parenting bones in her body. So she took her own.
Speaker 1: Just being county about being a county hot woman. She's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: You you obviously you and your twin are from the same but and then your little brother also same.
Speaker 1: And so she had no kids with your father.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: She interesting. She was like, I would have gotten my uterus removed if I could.
Speaker 1: That's her energy. That interview.
Speaker 2: Wow, cocky cunty girls.
Speaker 1: Something about them that I just respect so much.
Speaker 3: I remember, like I trust them, Yes, you with your life. Yeah. I remember her being like this is what this is how you treat them, You have the power forever. Like it's like it's like so toxic. I'm eleven, I'm eleven. But she was like she would literally teach me how to make fun of a man without them knowing to their face.
Speaker 1: A fun skill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. So she's the best.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's beautiful. It's amazing. How did how did you uh you meet your dad?
Speaker 3: She was a music promoter in Asbury, Jersey for years. She was like the only woman only like female music promoter.
Speaker 1: So she was like stone pony and stuff. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that's a whole epicic scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. So she kind of ruled that world.
Speaker 1: My dad's queen.
Speaker 2: She's very nice and now like, so your ten whatever does how does your dad introduce a new mom?
Speaker 3: He would he did the single dad for a thing, the single dad thing for a little bit, and then we just met her.
Speaker 2: And he would did he say, like, this is my girlfriend someone important to me?
Speaker 1: Like how did he do you even remember? No?
Speaker 3: So what I wasn't traumatizing that. No, my dad wasn't like dating around. Really, my dad had fun in the eighties and then he retired. Yeah yeah, well my stepmom was like right, she kept it on lock. So uh yeah, and they've been together ever since.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing. That's so cool.
Speaker 3: Really kind of calm. I love you would respect when you look at my family. You would just wouldn't expect that energy, right, and it's actually quite calm.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. That's good. Yeah, no, it's amazing. Well, thank you so much for coming on the show.
Speaker 3: So fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flew By, What would you like to promote? Where can we find more of you? What do you want to push?
Speaker 3: You can follow me on Instagram and even TikTok at Gabby as Brian. I have my own podcast called The Podcast with comedian Zach Signore. What else do I have?
Speaker 1: I perform?
Speaker 3: I post it on my Instagram all the time. I'm constantly doing shows. And that's it.
Speaker 1: Nice. Go see Gabby live, guys, enjoy it. Follow her.
Speaker 2: Uh. This has been Guys We Fucked, the anti slat Jimmy podcast. We'll talk to you next Friday. Guys We Fucked is presented by Luminary, Created and hosted by Karin Fisher and Christina Hutchinson. Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cozen.
Speaker 1: Suck my wet ass pussy.
Speaker 3: Christina said to cut that before, but now it's in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's keep it. Who cares? I've been so.
Speaker 6: We don't know what your love almost I and my baby's stayed alive. No, no, there's nothing and.
Speaker 1: Stick my slide.
Speaker 3: Night.
Speaker 6: Standing in my sible heroes already you wearing my eyes for hero coats, look like anyone, but everybody knows I'm gonna dis up.
Speaker 3: No, I won't give up.
Speaker 6: So the hero post already wearing my as with row coats, look like anyone, but everybody ass I'm kinda this.
Speaker 1: Standing in my sura hero pas.
Speaker 6: Oh oh oh oh oh shake it. Just don't break it again, then we can make it. Throws all your pocke lips fake, We'll be up it right and my lasers. Wait a when I'm standing in my sport hero clost already where in my eyes work hero close looks like any one, but every buddy knows I'm gonna lit uh.
Speaker 1: No, I won't give