Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 1: All at all.
Speaker 3: Given a.
Speaker 2: Busy listening to.
Speaker 1: Show, I don't joy.
Speaker 4: Joy you know you.
Speaker 3: Love you?
Speaker 2: You turn, you.
Speaker 4: Turn, You got to turn the mouth the turn you probably got to turn mouth.
Speaker 5: Out the mon a. Look, come.
Speaker 6: Come out, you think, uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, Come on dig me now for it only Steve Harvey got a radio show man. Instead of trying to be about the business. To y'all, I'm doing all I can. But you know what's crazy in the efforts that I make, I can do more. When my father used to tell me something when I was growing up, he says, son, when you've done your best, and you've done all you can, sit still for a second and just do a little bit more. Always remember that, he said. When you've done the best you can and you can done all you can think of, he say, sit still for a minute and do some more. And you know what I've discovered in my life, always have a little more. I ain't ever just out out out completely. I can't take another step. There ain't another breath in me. The ain't another thought I can produce. I'm never completely out, man. Just take a rest for a minute, man, and then just do a little bit more. And I can't tell you how many times that's helped me get over the top. You know, I was watching a documentary about people climbing Mount Everest and how difficult climbing Mount Everest was, and how they have on the hill something called like a death zone or a killing zone where the majority of people run out of oxygen and they have to turn back. Well, what's crazy is it's right in view of the summit. You can actually see the top of Mount Everest from there, but it's that little bit that's left that's just most difficult. Now, I forgot all the reasons why they said most people don't make it from there, and more people have lost their lives in that area. I don't know what it is, but the people that make it to the top of Mount efforts. They all had to go through that same zone of that same area, but they had a little bit more that allowed them to get to the top. You know, a lot of people have had accidents up there trying that. So I'm not even really sure if Mount Everest analogy is a good one. But let's just break it down a little bit more. Let's just talk about life. There's a poem I learned back when I was pledging. It's called don't Quit. It goes like this, If I make a mistake, I'm just trying to drum it up, So here we go. It says when things go wrong, as they sometimes will, when the road you're trudging seems all uphill, when your funds are low and your debts are high, when you want to smile, but you have to side when cares are pressing you down a bit if you must, But don't quit, for life is queer with his twisting turns, as every one of us must sometimes learn. And many a fellow has turned about when he might have won had he stuck it out. So don't give up. Though the pace seems slow, you may succeed with another blow. Often the gold is nearer than it seems to a faint and a faltering man. And often the struggler has given up when he might have captured the victor's cup, and he learns too late, when the night came down, how close he was to the golden crown. Success is failure turned inside out. It's your silver tin of your clouds of doubt. And you never can tell how close you are. It may be neil when it seems afar, So stick to the fight when your hardest hit. It's when things seem worse that you mustn't quit. I remember it because I had a special method of helping you remember stuff back then. But I remembered it, and that poem right there has kept me. You know, we often talk about scripture and everything, and I don't see how I could live without it. But every now and then, man, somebody has a writing. God puts a writing on somebody's heart that delivers a message.
Speaker 7: Man, that can help people.
Speaker 6: I use every motivational tool that I possibly can to climb this letter of success or try to be the best father and the best husband I can be. I've done a lot of changing over the years, and so have you. But change is necessary in order to grow. If you don't make changes, folks, you can't grow. I was a young man on my set. I kept looking at him, and a sharp little young dude just on my set, and he had these dreads, and I mean they were they were super long, man. They will well below the middle of his back. I mean, it was just long. And he kept talking to me, and he kept talking to me and talking to me. So young man kept talking to me, and I said, hey, man, you know you do a huge self a favor in the business you're in. If you got a haircut, you would do yourself a huge favor. I said, your image is everything, man, I said. He keeps stopping me in the hallway to try to tell me what you're doing, what you are, but all I see is your hair. Now, I keep trying to figure out what you're doing with all that hair. Man, Now you can feel how you want to feel. But I'm like an employer. I employed people. So when I'm walking through the hallway and I try to think of you traveling with me and you sitting in a meeting with me, I try to imagine you and your suit sitting there talking business with me. And so, just like other employers are, I'm just having a real story with you. So I said, man, you ought to consider cutting your hair. He said, Man, mister habb, I've been growing his hair soide as a little boy, I said, how old are you now? He said, I said, well, how long you want to hang on? To what you was when you was a little boy. You know, if you started growing your hair when you're a teenager. I mean, you're twenty eight now, will And I said, so let me help you understand something. Let me let me ask you something. What does it do for you? He said, Man, it's just who I am. It's I said, so you your hair? He said, no, no, But it's a part of me. I said, that part of you that you're hanging on to. What does it do for you?
Speaker 7: I just like it? Well, dog, I like ice cream, but I feed that.
Speaker 6: But if I hang on the ice cream and eat ice cream every single day, my body gonna reflect that. What is it that you hanging on to that you don't want to let go of? That's prohibiting you from being what all you can be? See, it's hard to be what all you can be if you want to keep being.
Speaker 5: All you was?
Speaker 6: Don't that make sense to you? So I can't tell you how many times I've had to change. Change is necessary to grow. You can't be all you can be if you want to keep hanging on to all you was. That don't make no sense. How do you go forward? If you keep going backwards? You can't stay here and go there. Do you understand that if you want to go over there, you must remove yourself from right here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: I got right here is comfortable. I got right here is safe. But over there is where the shade is. Over There's where the fruit is. Over there is where the opportunity is. Over there is where the mountain of gold is. So why you stuck on here? You got to leave here to go over there? You can't be all you can be if you want to stay stuck on who you was. Change is growth is necessary.
Speaker 7: All let's go.
Speaker 6: Show, ladies and gentlemen. Here we are again another blessed date. I ain't gonna look man. Listen, listen, listen, listen. Maybe it sounds as though I'm getting on your nerves by reminding you to be grateful.
Speaker 7: So I tell you what today, I'm not gonna get on your nerves. Do like you wanna do. Just go ahead. You all heard this before. Do like you wanna do.
Speaker 8: Turn it out like you wanna do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know that way, man?
Speaker 9: You know not?
Speaker 7: How about that? You know you want to be grateful?
Speaker 10: Go ahead?
Speaker 7: You want to act like you know you woke yourself up?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, you want to start your date on the wrong foot, on wrong side of the bit. Hey, man, go ahead, I just be trying the awful way to get your day started the right way. So but today though, because today's gonna be a special day for me, let me just start by saying to all of you, do like you wanna do now it is it is, Shellie, do like you want to do, and I am gonna do the same. You got to motivate earlier.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: You know what, You're a motivational speaker.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Shellie.
Speaker 6: But you know, when you're talking to somebody, you kind of feel like they ain't listening. Like I mentor a kid, and a lot of times what makes it hard to mentor him is he don't listen. Now and it becomes hard because I could have saved him so much grief, but he don't listen. He got a counter for everything I say. So, you know what, the other day he needed mentory And as I was talking to him, I was watching me and I was kind of watching him look off and I stopped talking and he said, mister Harky, watch you stop talking. I said, because I'm looking at you and you ain't listening. Well, I was just thinking about something else for a minute.
Speaker 7: Okay, cool, And he went.
Speaker 6: On and made a mistake. I just I can't help you, ladies, gentlemen. Steve Vrbrey Morning Show. Welcome to the Riot, y'all, Shelly Strawberry Colin for real, Mississippi Monica Junior Government name, kiss Faith and the legend that is Nephew Tommy Junior.
Speaker 7: Anything on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that do what you want to do attitude?
Speaker 11: What if that lead you back to see that attitude right there, You'll find yourself right back at God's foot.
Speaker 6: Well you know that, dude like you want to can work both ways because it depends.
Speaker 7: On what you want to do.
Speaker 6: Say, if you want to do good today, some good gonna come out of them. But if you want to be negative, then some negative gonna come out of them. So you can be grateful or or you can act like you in charge your stuff. I don't know how you think that's gonna work out for you. But the great thing that I've done this year is for the first time, I kid you not the first time in my life, I have really just handed it over. I didnet gave it all to God. Oh man, this is for the first time in my life, and I'm gonna be real with you. I've ever just turned it over to here and said, hey, man, you do it. I didn't got it by far as I can go.
Speaker 7: And it wasn't me.
Speaker 6: I just slowed the process by doing stupid stuff I wanted to do, and he had to help me get out of it and to learn all these lessons.
Speaker 7: I don't need more lessons. I'm through.
Speaker 6: You do it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 12: So you're motivated and you didn't even want to motivate. Look at you coming up. It is time to run that prank back. Well here from a nephew right after this you're listening morning show, It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 9: What you got for his nef Well, Shirley, her husband is drunk and we're going to give her a call all about her drunk heads husband. I wish that was the title. The title is your drunk husband, but really it's your drunk ass. You missed, you know, add a little more flavor.
Speaker 2: To your drunk head husband.
Speaker 7: And I am so excited you all because you know, can I just say this.
Speaker 9: August twenty fourth, next week yes, we're gonna be celebrating all week. But August twenty fourth is one year of cancer free, one year of cancer.
Speaker 10: So I am.
Speaker 9: Celebrating, celebrating, especially when I especially when I hit the stage.
Speaker 7: I am celebrating.
Speaker 8: So come celebrate with you.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 9: August twenty fourth is one year cancer free. And I'm just who my soul looks back in wonder how I got over. I'll tell somebody, tell somebody, it is possible. You can get through it. It can be done. Us a, I have a man, a real one. Well, let's get on back to your drunk. Yeah, run transition.
Speaker 2: Survivor switch, let's go care.
Speaker 13: Hello, you got a whole on a minute, Okay, I got your phone. I'll give your wife a call.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 13: Hello, right now, you're inebriated, sir, okay, right now, to be taking you in, but I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Let me able to come and pick you up.
Speaker 13: I'll let her come get you, all right, although Brian is gonna officer, Brian's gonna put you in his squad car. I'm gonna call your wife. I've got the phone, dolling now.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, hello, Hello, who is Who'm I fishing with who is it?
Speaker 9: This is Arthur for.
Speaker 11: Daniels Aladaniel, you just time from this is my husband not but.
Speaker 1: Who is who is?
Speaker 3: Alf said? I am Officer Daniels Man. Your husband's actually being pulled over and he's been Actually he's in another officer's car. He's he's a little bit inebriated here and we're trying to see about getting them picked up. I'm trying my best not to take him in today, so I'm trying to be a good Samaritan and I'm trying to get someone to come and pick him up.
Speaker 14: Hold on, hold.
Speaker 3: On, hold on, backer Beca.
Speaker 9: You got my husband?
Speaker 3: Uh? What I got here on the driver's license is Kenny Kenny, and he's with you now. He's actually an officer Brian's squad car right now. So he was actually uh bobbing and weaving out on the road and we pulled him over. He's not creating any problems. The young lady wasn't creating any problems. So what we're trying, what we're trying to do is get somebody to come and pick him up.
Speaker 15: You have because my husband is at work, so he can't be in No officers Brian or in your car that cook. Did you say tim again?
Speaker 3: Did you say somebody is with Kenny? There is There was a young lady in the car. Man, we're actually letting her go because she's not a need from a look over at somebody. She's calling somebody to pick her up now, man, Okay, No, I can't believe it. Kenny, and I know that dirty so got no back in my car.
Speaker 4: That's my car.
Speaker 3: And you said that he had tem this officer, tell me this. Look at that and tell me what she looked like.
Speaker 15: It better not be that. That not be the one.
Speaker 3: I think you have no idea. Excuse me, ma'am. I know, my god, he's supposed to be working. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 3: Jasmine okay, you're Joine? Okay, No, just saying that we'll talk to you in a moment with Her name is Jasmin. I'm not sure who she is, but keep coming, keep keeping Yeah, hold him there til I get there. I'm on my way. I'm on my way right now. Hey, Bridget, I want you to watch these children from util I get back.
Speaker 14: I'm going to see if I can give me a ride up to the truck stop and I'll be back in a minute.
Speaker 3: Hello, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 6: I'm here.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 8: I'm here.
Speaker 3: Okay, man listen, I can't. I can't stay here too much longer.
Speaker 7: I can.
Speaker 3: I can say here, maybe another fifteen to twenty minutes. Somebody come get the car, and but I gotta keep moving here. I'm just trying to do a front of another. I'm all my way. I'm all my way. I'm all my way. I got my parents in my hand. I'm all my way to that. Fuck stop, please don't take.
Speaker 16: That somewhere, because I got something from here.
Speaker 3: And when I get that, I hope like hell.
Speaker 17: And they's been calling me so with me all through the night.
Speaker 3: Leave for that time. I get that because I got some things that I need to take care of. This thing.
Speaker 6: Don't move the squad car to I get there.
Speaker 2: I'm all wait right now, right now, I be there in a minute.
Speaker 3: Well that took my time, picked up that to day.
Speaker 16: We done had arguments over this.
Speaker 3: It better not be that. It better not I bet you had better not be her.
Speaker 12: Better not be her.
Speaker 16: I'm on my way.
Speaker 3: I'll be there in a minute. I beat that said, I get there. Okay. Well, now that's a guy that was with Kenny. Let me close my doors. She can hear me better. Man. Uh, there was another gentleman that was in the back seat of the car that was riding with Kenny and the young lady. I don't give it by no other riding with Kenny. Just make sure he's there when I get there. Okay, okay, Now do you know who this other gentleman? Do you know a nephew Tommy? Okay, I know nephew, nephew Tommy, nephew Tommy, Cynthia, this is nephew. Tell me from the Steve Wallby Morning Show. Baby, your husband Kenny got me to pray for all. Oh you.
Speaker 1: Man, you got you got.
Speaker 3: You and Kennedy because let me was just gonna happened to Kenny nextew time to go down to bank Head in two eighty five.
Speaker 1: When he gets home, he's still.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you are Oh my god. Now I'm gonna chick.
Speaker 14: What are you at times?
Speaker 3: Oh man? He told me, he said, Man, my wife, don't play, he said, call my wife. Man to pray my wife. You are.
Speaker 14: I'm good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 3: What ria know? He did? Work here, work here, work here here in your car at work. He works, You're gonna be at work. Hey, maybe tell me this. What's the baddest radio show in the land, Steve Holly Morning Shows?
Speaker 12: All right, nephew, thank you coming up next you as the chief Love Officer. You are welcome our celo, mister Steve Harvey for as the celo.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: In entertainment news, Lori Harvey celebrated the launch of her Yebra swim line with her main man, danseyn Idris. That's right, Picky Palmer has turned Lemons into Lemonade, and Usher's new video and The Upshaws get a fourth season on Netflix. That's good news, and it's all coming at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the clo. This one's from Bertina in Detroit. Bertina writes, I'm studying for a nursing exam and my study partner and I had sex in my kitchen while my husband was asleep in our den. The sneaking around with him made it more exciting. Would we be crazy to try it?
Speaker 8: Doing?
Speaker 1: Try doing it at least one more time?
Speaker 7: I thank you?
Speaker 6: Always crazy. See, I'll let me explain some teacher. Everybody want to you need to get away from your study parts because let me tell you something. Man, this man right here, he ain't rap right y'all had sex in the kitchen while your husband was sleep in the den, and he and he took that chance in that man's house. Listen to me, This man right here that you're your study partner, is incapable of making smart decisions.
Speaker 7: Would y'all be wrong to try it again?
Speaker 6: Oh, that's already been decided because he yeah, he gonna do that. I can't tell you how thrilling this is gonna be. Wh when Horace wake up, I can't hear. It's gotta be her horse because her name Bettina. I don't know who need that. Today's baby that ain't no new name. And Horace, let me tell you something. There ain't no young dude in the den sleep while his wife in the kitchen with another young dude's stop and then they had and six and he don't wake up. You got to be older to sleep do that.
Speaker 1: That's too much, all right?
Speaker 12: Moving on to Michelle and Raleigh, Michelle says, my boyfriend told me that I expect too much of him when I moved in.
Speaker 1: He gave me his home office to work in.
Speaker 12: I asked him to buy a TV for the room, and he said, he let me use the room so I can buy my own TV.
Speaker 1: Was it wrong to ask him to buy it?
Speaker 7: Listen, y'all, relationship down to rooms and TV? Yeahs four hundred?
Speaker 10: I mean, I mean, dog, I don't that's what she's saying.
Speaker 7: Y'all.
Speaker 10: See they're not married, right, No, just a boyfriend and girl.
Speaker 6: See, y'all, be y'all be hooking up with these people and you don't even know how how they are who they are, and so you all move in too early and as you learn earn these people, you have these types of discoveries. You could have asked for the TV when y'all was just dating, and I bet you aske wouldn't have moved in the But see now you wait till you move in and then you think you can ask for a TV. Well, he ain't buying, you know, So what is she wrong to ask? No, she wasn't wrong to ask. If you're sleeping with a man, you can't get a TV.
Speaker 5: That part just trying to.
Speaker 7: You can't can't get ninety dollars.
Speaker 5: I mean what we said.
Speaker 7: You're sleeping with a man. You can't ask for a TV.
Speaker 1: Right, he said, Hey, I let you use the room. You can buy your own TV.
Speaker 5: That's enough. Man, You won't.
Speaker 7: Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, moving on, says Tracy Tracy and Columbia.
Speaker 12: Tracy says, I met a man online and he's been telling me all about.
Speaker 1: The stuff he expects us to do sexually.
Speaker 12: If we ever get to that stage, he might be disappointed in me because I am not that experienced.
Speaker 1: Should I be honest with him? Or will it run him off?
Speaker 6: Run him off? Run him off? Do he sound like he concerned with being rean on? Lady, listen to me. You don't see these red flags?
Speaker 8: This this is what he do.
Speaker 7: You ain't the first person in heard this set up before?
Speaker 8: What is he telling about doing it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: Dog?
Speaker 7: All kinds of stuff. Hey, listen, listen.
Speaker 6: What I'm gonna do is before I come over, I'm gonna stop down here at the poultry shop and buy two chickens.
Speaker 10: What is that fus?
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, no, no no no. They gonna be live. They're gonna get too live.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: On Friday, I'm gonna swing by the pet stock. All right, do you have an extra room at your house?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Where's she get the chickens?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, that's poultry store.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 6: They used to have him in the hood a long time because you could actually go down there and buy live chicken to kill him yourself. That's why you knew they was refreshed. Used to have that in the head. Yeah, in the sixties. In the sixties, like some places in the hood had chickens. You could go buy chicken, real chickens. So now this dude right here on Friday, he gonna swing by the pet stock and if you have an extra room, and you said no, well, he said, well, let me ask you questions. It's the garage attached to your part. Yeah, okay, cool, because we're gonna have to have somewhere to keep it. Until till my brain what did.
Speaker 7: The story or the monkey?
Speaker 1: Why didn't we know that?
Speaker 6: Why I got this monkey? Gonna come here Friday? Girl, Wait until you see what I'm gonna have this monkey. So let me ask you this right here on Thursdays. Oh, you got you got like an extra admit that you don't use at the house in the dr.
Speaker 7: Cool?
Speaker 6: No, no, No, this hain't got nothing to this sect today. Right here, you get you got, you gotta better, you got you got more than one bottle of honey.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go more than one.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm gonna let you keep on because I'm oh, no, I just I need I need that honey.
Speaker 5: On that of em.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he can get a wild up her here, your girl, you need to run if you get to that point.
Speaker 7: I can tell you right now you and you're gonna be able to keep up.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 12: Moving on to uh Monty and Queens, Monty says, my side chick's fourteen year old son took my watch off the counter or to school and lost it. My wife gave me that watch ten years ago and it's engraved, so it's irreplaceable. If I tell my wife I lost it, she won't believe me. What should I tell her?
Speaker 10: That is what you ask is.
Speaker 7: Exactly what you get what you get?
Speaker 6: Yeah, your side chicks, fourteen year old boy took your watch off the count of ward to school in last.
Speaker 7: Now here's what the ladies would want me to tell.
Speaker 6: You, because these are the truth tellers all that show, especially sure, Yes, yes, Sureley wants you to walk in there and tell your wife, listen, I made a horrible mistake.
Speaker 7: I have side piece. Yeah you do, and I.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I'm very realstic No, no, no, that's not gonna fly though. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. Well stee if your daughter.
Speaker 12: Laurie Harvey celebrated the launch of her Yevra swim collection with the Star Studied event It went down in l A. The party was hosted by Revolved, Laurie's creative partner.
Speaker 1: For swimwear line.
Speaker 12: For her swimwear line, Laurie's both Handsome, the very Handsome and talented damson Injuriess Idriss was at her side, as well as some of her.
Speaker 1: Fellow model friends and celebrities.
Speaker 12: A party culminated with a group of synchronized swimmers performing a water ballet in the pool. That statement stated that for her first collection, she wanted to release staple pieces and sheek colors that can be worn anywhere, any season and will never go out of style. She added that there is something for everyone in her collection that will make them feel confident and sexy.
Speaker 1: Well, the Congratulations to Laurie. I love laur Harvey girl doing her things. Yevra is a Harvey spelled back.
Speaker 6: The collection is really nice though, and she's done really good. She works really hard. You know, she she's smart, she's getting it, she's getting it. You know, we talk a lot about her life and what she's doing, and she's just an entrepreneur spirit that's what she wants to do with Proud of them.
Speaker 7: You know, it's been tough.
Speaker 6: You know, it's tough because she's young, and she's you know, famous, and you know, you know she didn't she didn't live her life in that life and and and it's and you got to pay in the light too. When you live in the light, you got to pay in the light. If you're gonna play in the light, you're gonna pay in the light. And that's the message I keep telling her. And so she's learning, she's getting it right.
Speaker 10: You know, it's good.
Speaker 1: Congratulations again.
Speaker 6: Just you know, I just hold everything in reservation. I think so far it's going real good. But you know it's no problem. I can turn it good.
Speaker 7: I lean too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, like I say, I don't care who you are, and how will you present yourself up in my heart. For anybody that dates my daughter, I hold a thumbnail portion of my heart, the size of my thumbnail. No matter who you are, how good you appear to be, how nice you are, I have one thumbnail portion in my heart this field with nothing but pure hatred, pure.
Speaker 7: Unadult traded hate for you. All right.
Speaker 6: Indeed that I need to turn this light that I have off for you. That thumbnail is right there.
Speaker 10: All right, bad boys, all right.
Speaker 12: In other news, Usher and Keiki Palmer turned their little scandal involving Kiki's ex boyfriend into an entertaining new music video to Usher's new song boyfriend. Kiki Palmer is starring as his lead leading lady in the video that was unveiled this week on Instagram. The song is called Boyfriend in at Usher sing somebody said, your boyfriend is looking for me to poke fun at Kiki's strange boyfriend Darius Jackson. If you remember, Darius got pretty upset a Kiki for what she wore at an Usher concert as Usher serenaded her. Since the video aired on Wednesday, a source close to Darius Jackson reported that he just wants to focus on his.
Speaker 1: Acting career and put the dry behind him.
Speaker 12: In regards to co parenting his son with Kiki, he said, as far as co parenting is concerned.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be in the same household to be good parents.
Speaker 8: That means we think that's what that means.
Speaker 2: Your girl go ahead.
Speaker 6: And obviously she could care less than yeah, because not only you pissed off what I wont now we got a video out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well do they break up because of that?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: Or I don't surely after that?
Speaker 7: Surely, I don't know. I don't know nothing about you.
Speaker 1: I'm just throwing it out here.
Speaker 7: Could be less than I know.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 7: I didn't even see what she wrote usher, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Thoughts about it.
Speaker 7: I really don't even know why I'm coming.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and yes, baby, all right, this is good news to me and everyone who loves this show. The Upshaws on Netflix is back for a fourth season. The Upshaws is based on a black working class family. It stars Mike Epps as Benny Upshaw, the head of the family. Kim Field stars alongside Mike Epps as his wife Regina, and comedian Wanda Sykes stars as Lucretia, Benny's meddlesome sister in law. The fourth season of The Upshaws is available right now on Netflix with all new episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna congratulations, I love it. I'm a great show.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you something. Kim Fields, Uh, hands down, I will tell you.
Speaker 7: The best three.
Speaker 6: The top three women that I've seen as comedic actresses. Comedic actress is Kim Fields, just in sitcoms and stuff. When that girl taught me a lot watching her her and her mother, Wendy Riquel Roberson, that girl comedically and and and these are women. These are women who are because it's hard to be fine and funny. Uh and uh, I don't know. I just think those two have been the top. Now now Terry Vaughan, who played uh yeah, that girl right there, man, she she was, she was, she was boss man. That was a bad girl right there. And the other one that I've seen that has been extremely funny to me over the years.
Speaker 7: Was Kim Whitley.
Speaker 10: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those are my full favorite female comedic actresses for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So look forward to the shows coming on Netflix. It's there now.
Speaker 10: You can see it right now.
Speaker 12: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour of Fulton County, Georgia's DA is not playing around with Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Hard Morning show.
Speaker 12: Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has proposed March fourth. That is a start date for the trial of Donald Trump and eighteen others. That's the one she's proposing. The date she's proposing for this trial to get underway on charges related to efforts to overturn the twenty twenty election results in Georgia. Trump's court date is one day before Super Tuesday in the twenty twenty four presidential race, so we're not sure how that will play out since he's running for president again. This indictment is the fourth one for Trump, and he has pleaded not guilty in all four cases. Prior to Trump, no former or current president has ever been indicted.
Speaker 8: You can run from jail.
Speaker 10: We'll get no more.
Speaker 2: District Attorney Willis.
Speaker 5: Game.
Speaker 7: You know, they have a Texas woman.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they found her yet, but they have a Texas woman who sent her an email and says that if Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Is not reelected, we are going to kill you.
Speaker 6: You know, that's the I'm seriously, man, And they know it's a Texas woman, and they know it's a femail.
Speaker 7: But when they find this woman right here, she's gonna do some time.
Speaker 10: Hell yeah that she should.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, you're gonna do some time for that. But that's what it is, these Trump supporters.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: I just listen, man, I hope you know. You know what really throws me about this whole thing.
Speaker 6: The Republicans who are going this is political injustice, this is political persecution, this is going against what we've done. Hold on, man, this is y'all system. This y'all system. Y'all, y'all Trump supporters, Republicans, your forefathers, your damn grand granddaddy is came up with this whole y'all damn people came up with this, This y'all system. Now the moment this system is doing this to black people, it's the system. But when the moment this system turn around and do it to you, now you got a problem with the system. But hold up, y'all, this is y'all system.
Speaker 7: Y'all came up with this. Your your funk it faulk falls.
Speaker 10: See.
Speaker 6: See we've been knowing this funky for a long time now. When the funk get on you. See you know, see see it's like a skunk. It's like a skunk when it fire off one of his blast on the windy day. It's all coming back to you now, see how it goes. See you see you don't like it when the stink get on you. Now, the system is flawed. It's political persecution. No man, it's the system. It's the system there y'all created. But the moment y'all got to be a part of the system y'all create. Now, I got flaws, and it ain't having no flaws. When y'all free all them cops for killing all them black people, it ain't none of that. It's the systems, the grand jury. No, no, no, I hope they find a way to do something Tuesday. So that's all I'm doing.
Speaker 1: This funny Wilson is proposing March fourth as a start date for the trial. Coming up next. Roscoe Wallace is here as we switch gears right after this. You're listening Morning show, all right, He's here, ladies and gentlemen, Roscoe Wallace in the building. On this Friday.
Speaker 5: We're going on.
Speaker 7: Everybody, Roscoe, Lady, lady, we're going on with you love you.
Speaker 18: Hey, Hey Julia Roscoe by hero Boy hanging out Baby, hanging there like you gotta hold it on?
Speaker 7: What do?
Speaker 5: Tell me?
Speaker 9: What up?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 7: What y'all need for me to day?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 10: Tell you?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 16: We're gonna call it, hey Roscoe, check this out ahead, start, let's start off.
Speaker 10: Let's get into it.
Speaker 16: I want you to dedicate a song to we are so proud of the Fulton County District Attorney.
Speaker 1: Her name is Fannie Willis.
Speaker 2: You're gonna saying to.
Speaker 7: Fight the problem, Fight the problem, baby, Baby.
Speaker 2: Fight the problem.
Speaker 17: And I want you to segue from fight the Power to Georgia, Oh Joe, Joe, heavy on my mother?
Speaker 1: Did he write Georgia?
Speaker 7: Carlos here, y'all wrote George.
Speaker 10: Hold on, hold on?
Speaker 6: What what?
Speaker 5: What are you ad?
Speaker 7: And I rose over?
Speaker 6: How in the world you think I come up with a trillion dollar lawsuit and a song on?
Speaker 10: Come?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 7: Did Ray Charles say you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Charles sat Joy?
Speaker 10: He did sing it?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 7: Question all who wrote it? See where you get it from?
Speaker 6: I'm older than Rache Yeah, But let me ask you something right here, Hi, Ray Charles gonna write Georgia and he don't know where he at. You know what, when he crossed the line and he see the sign say welcome.
Speaker 7: To Georgia, he he gonna write George, he don't even know where he at. Man, Hell, you gonna.
Speaker 6: Write so called Georgia and you don't even know where George at Loo could have had yours in the midimessuty somewhere and told you you to do.
Speaker 7: I wrote, Georgie.
Speaker 6: Me and Ray was in the car going somewhere across the across the line. I saw the sign say welcome to Georgia, and I said, Georgia been heavy on my mind and the eracing, that's why we're in.
Speaker 7: But I said, yeah, Ray, you ain't seen it.
Speaker 6: And the old hell, that's right, mother, w I don't read real. You ain't see the sign out there?
Speaker 7: Oh my head here with you now.
Speaker 17: According to Google, this guy named Stuart Gorel wrote Georgia.
Speaker 10: Who the hell is that?
Speaker 6: Stewart Gorel ain't nobody here in the hill, Stuart coreled, spoil y'all, and white folks, tell y'all anything you know.
Speaker 8: You know what you do know?
Speaker 5: Google?
Speaker 6: In the white man, I come in here every day. I gotta teach y'all. Y'all don't know nothing. Y'all call it Google Google white man. You don't even know, you don't, you don't even know. No black dude ain't Google. Who then they made the Google. Nah that right, cousin ain't Google, But I ain't not no Google Google white man, as y'all living man. Don't tell y'all who ain't say Roe?
Speaker 10: George, George?
Speaker 7: Real sure it ain't roll No damn George.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 6: He was a lyricist, how they say? See right there? That right right there? You see the difference between me and here here lyrics is all song right you see? I see that right there? See right right there.
Speaker 10: Now you're giving us clarity.
Speaker 7: You see where I'm coming from. Come on, give me another right quick?
Speaker 10: What you I want to hear a little temptation?
Speaker 7: Just my imagination, just my imagination? What or get Come on? Come on running away with me? Oh was that's my imagine?
Speaker 5: Name running? Oh wait?
Speaker 8: Wait me?
Speaker 12: You're listening hard morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is anyone can get it, anyone can get it? Okay, Well, well we'll get into that find out what that means. I don't think it's what you think, though. We'll find out in just a few because right now it is time for the nephew to run that prank back what you got for us and a I mean, I'm sorry, it is time for today's prank phone call what you got for a nap?
Speaker 9: We're gonna steal a car this morning, charity, that's what. We're gonna steal a car. Everybody take don't like that.
Speaker 10: Said, We're gonna.
Speaker 7: Stole a car this morning.
Speaker 5: Talk.
Speaker 9: We're gonna break the law on now, not what we do, yall a nail stole no car? Yeah you, Oh my goodness, we know who has I feel this leader, This right here is stolen car. Stolen car, cat dog.
Speaker 8: If you would.
Speaker 9: Hello hello, I'm trying to reach a Trevor please okay, yeah, that's me, sir. You purchased a navy blue from a used car lot dealership called a car lot, know, maybe six or seven months.
Speaker 7: Ago, am I right?
Speaker 3: Right? It was six months ago?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 9: Now you've been paying notes on this car, I know, for the last six months, and you know I hate to be a burden of bad news. Actually, my name is, uh, Detective Justin, and I'm giving you a call to let you know that the actual vehicle, this two thousand and one Navy bluesh that you purchased, is actually.
Speaker 8: A stolen vehicle.
Speaker 9: And we've actually been looking for this car for the last I've been pretty much close to a year now, maybe a little over a year, we've been looking for this I work in the Auto theft division and hold on, you, argue Detective Justin, sir, and I'm in the Auto theft division here at the police department.
Speaker 3: I think you got the wrong I think you got the wrong guy name because.
Speaker 1: Was it.
Speaker 9: No, sir, it's it's And I've done the trace on and I know this is probably a shock to you, but we're right on point with this thing.
Speaker 8: You've got a two thousand and one Navy Blue. You did buy it.
Speaker 9: You did buy it at the car lot dealership, and that uh, and it's the exact one in the license plate shirt.
Speaker 8: They do match up.
Speaker 9: And I know this is a bit of a shock to you, but your car is actually a stolen car. So the dealership, sir, actually sold you a stolen car.
Speaker 8: And I know you did not know that.
Speaker 9: I know that it was not any information that you already knew. And I know you thought that you were just purchasing a legitimate car. But you have a stolen car, mister Trevor, And no, no, I think.
Speaker 14: You got the wrong first, because this car is not stolen for real.
Speaker 15: This is sir.
Speaker 9: I can go all day with you and try to make you understand what's going on here, and I know it's probably some some blurry information that's not clear to you, but at the end of the day, your car is stolen. I am gonna have to either get someone to come out and impound it or you.
Speaker 3: No, no, I think y'all might need to go back over y'all records, man, because I think y'all on the real I think y'all got the wrong person's sir.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna tell you once and I'm gonna tell you again, you have a car that's stolen that I have to have in my possession by the end of the day. Now I can't get the end of the day for real, man, you got, sir, you have a stolen car, and you're gonna need to bring that car into the police station so we can get this thing rectified.
Speaker 3: Man, for real, man, hold on, let me talk about this. Man.
Speaker 14: I don't know about all that she's telling me.
Speaker 9: For real, sir, I understand what you're saying, but do you realize you're talking to a police officer here.
Speaker 8: I am detective. I am detective justin.
Speaker 2: I am over who you are.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm hold them is no longer, sir.
Speaker 9: We've had to actually shut them down for the time being until we get quite a few cars rectified.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 9: I've got more than just your vehicle, Sir. That's been that that has auto theft tied to it.
Speaker 7: That man, hold on, that's two things.
Speaker 8: Either you're gonna bring it to me or I'm gonna come get it now. Which one do you want to do?
Speaker 3: You ain't coming to get for real, sir.
Speaker 9: I don't want to have this to have to get go to a level of where it doesn't need to be. But I need to get that car in my possession.
Speaker 13: Okay, look, look, look, listen while I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you listening, I'm listening, sir.
Speaker 14: Okay, look a list.
Speaker 15: Somebody gonna tay me my three hundred seventy and fifty two cents I've been paying for the last six months unless you're gonna pay me that give me back my trade ins.
Speaker 14: Get this, man, I ain't out here what you're talking about for real?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: It is you coming at me with man. I worked too hard to be keeping up these notes by here.
Speaker 14: Man, I got that.
Speaker 15: Am I ready to take care? And you come to talk about you say to take my car because something that happened before.
Speaker 3: I bart and I don't even know this is true.
Speaker 15: Like I said, I think you missing.
Speaker 3: I think you've got me missed over with somebody else.
Speaker 15: What y'all just not coming in me talking this.
Speaker 3: I ain't heard nothing about this before, sir.
Speaker 9: It's taking us a while to actually track down the car and actually find out exactly where it was. I've tracked this car so for the last eight nine months, and I finally found that you are the one that's actually has it in your possession. It happens all the time. It's an unlikely situation, but I got to get.
Speaker 14: You to bring it in, and I'm I ain't bring it, you know what I mean, I ain't bringing y'all got coming to get some men that somebody give me my three hundred seventy dollars fifty two cents I've been paying for the last six months.
Speaker 3: Trusting my fact, Suir.
Speaker 8: I'm sure you're probably long gone by now.
Speaker 3: It's probably that's what I'm something. Okay, then then y'all can need at least just come with the money. Come with the money.
Speaker 15: I just don't get another rossing somewhere else, Sir.
Speaker 9: I'm not I can't sit here and negotiate with you. I'm just a detective that's on this actual case. And I know it's a trying situation, but I am going to have to send some officers out there that that do this type of thing.
Speaker 8: They pick up these cars and bring them into.
Speaker 15: The I wish you would send somebody out here to get my car. But if you can't to go okay with me, you need to find somebody.
Speaker 5: Can't.
Speaker 15: No, you know, you bring somebody out.
Speaker 14: Here if you want to.
Speaker 15: Don't bring somebody. I got some I don't like to, man, I'm working the great ship hurt up and in all the time they gotta state and they took I'm working to art and try to get this car. Man, So bring out here if you want.
Speaker 8: To for real, sure, Hush, sir, sir, come, I gotta get you calm down.
Speaker 15: I mean, you call me, you even told me about my car stonn and y'all talking about.
Speaker 8: Something to get it from me, sir.
Speaker 9: I know this is a surprise, and I understand that, and you got a great you got an honest living, an honest job, and understand that. But some people have done some dishonest things. And that's what's happened here. Somebody says, my.
Speaker 15: Fat is my problem right there?
Speaker 3: That ain't my problem.
Speaker 15: Was a deal with my when I first got it right for a problem. Now I'm not understand that. All I'm saying is is your cousin with my car. I'm gonna y'all look, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You know what, I don't want to go any further. Can I say one more thing than you can?
Speaker 3: I do that?
Speaker 9: What this is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your cousin, Eric, Who did you say this was? This is nephew till Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Us man, man, you got pranked by your cousin. Man trouble you all right?
Speaker 14: Hold on, hey, I got even name a cigarette running?
Speaker 8: All right? Man, let me ask you something.
Speaker 9: You gotta tell me, baby, what's the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 13: Man, It's that Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 9: Let's get some prank and praise up in here this morning. Come on, come on, some prank and praise up in here this morning. You're gonna bring this car back to this yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: You bought it a used car line and it was stolen. We need you to bring it on back. He see, y'all, don't see. Y'all ain't got so high in many y'all don't even know where to use car lights at no more. See y'all don't even know where it is. Y'all, y'all ain't been there?
Speaker 5: Why you past one?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: And the word is pre owned. Oh that's oh that's the new new word.
Speaker 10: Yeah own?
Speaker 8: How many miles on this one?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right?
Speaker 9: So it's going down this weekend Greenville, South Carolina at the Greenville Convention Center. And if you tell me your friends a few tickets left, come on out and hang out with your boy Greenville, South Carolina. Now, if you in North Carolina, Greenville, you can come down to the South. We in Greenville, South Carolina.
Speaker 8: All right, thank you.
Speaker 12: Coming up next Strawberry Letters, subjects anybody can get it.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show. It's time now for today's Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 12: And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEFM dot com and we could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now.
Speaker 1: You never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours, so buckle up and hold on time.
Speaker 7: We got it for you.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: It is Strawberry LETTU thank you, not forew subject anybody can get it. Here's Stephen Shirley.
Speaker 12: I've been married for almost two years to a man that will not stand up to his family when it comes to me. I'm black and Hispanic, and I have curly hair, big breast, and a.
Speaker 1: Big old booty. Everything is nice and full on me, and it's natural.
Speaker 12: The fact that I have a tiny waist makes his big bone sisters hate on me.
Speaker 1: I make them. I met him.
Speaker 12: I met them shortly after I started dating my husband. His sister had the nerve to ask me if I got my butt done. I ignored her at the time, and she took that as me not wanting to admit it when I got back to my man. When it got back to my man, he started second guessing me, and he actually asked me if I was keeping something from him. His sister had him think I had butt implants. I should have known then to pump the brakes on our relationship. His mother is no better, so I see why his sisters are so rude. His mom retired shortly after we got married, and she had a pot loock dinner for her friends and family. I made a pot of gumbo and homemade garlic French bread. His mom asked me, what do I know about making gumbos since I'm Mexican. My husband has let them, has let them make remarks like this about me and my presence since I met them. My sister in law disrespected me last week in my own house and the other sister and his mom left.
Speaker 1: She poked my behind and said it jiggles like it's real.
Speaker 12: At this point, any one of them can get it since my husband won't check them. I'm from the hood and I was raised by the black side of my family, so this is not what they want. I made it very clear that they should never touch me. My husband said, is not that serious and I am too sensitive. I may have to knock one of them out so they will stop playing with me. I bet that will get my husband's attention.
Speaker 1: What should I do?
Speaker 12: Well, you can tell them it's your real body, no implants or shots for starters if you like. But ideally, I want you to have a talk with your husband. I mean, he definitely should stand up to them for you and not let them.
Speaker 1: Talk about your butt or touch your butt period because it bothers you.
Speaker 12: He should care how they treat you. He should care how you feel. It's his family and.
Speaker 1: He should know how to deal with them and shut them down. They are being disrespectful, yes they are, And the sisters and the mom are hating on you big time because of your body.
Speaker 7: And all of that.
Speaker 12: You said you were raised by the black side of your family, so tell them that's why you know how to make gumbos.
Speaker 1: The only comment from his mom should have been it was good if it was so.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 12: I know you want to knock them out, but please don't start a fight with them. All right again, let your husband know how you feel and let him check his family and get them off of you. But listen, don't expect much since this has been going on since before you guys got married, and you knew that.
Speaker 7: Steve, Well, it's an opportunity for you know, let the gift that I have shine.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's any redemptive quality in this letter at Also, why would I try to write one. Therefore, I'm just going to comment on the letter when and however I want to. I'm really not here to help anybody today because I don't think it needs help. I have some suggestions for the letter writer that might be able to help her out, but I'm sure Shery and Carl are going to disagree with it. Everything I'm gonna give out as advice. So prepared to laugh your ass off and just enjoy the things that I'm thinking coming from my mind. I've been married for almost two years to a man that will not stand up to his family when it comes to me. I'm black and hispanic, and I have curly hair, big breast, and a big old booty.
Speaker 7: Everything is nice and full on me, and it's natural. Now.
Speaker 6: The fact that I have a tiny waist makes his big bone sisters hate on me.
Speaker 7: Well, let's address this part right here.
Speaker 6: The fact that you stacked and cut and built like a brick house now has his as you say, big bone sisters hating on me.
Speaker 7: They're not big boney. This is his sisters, you know. That's who it is. It's some sitting over here.
Speaker 6: Ain't kept thyself together now mad because you don't come up in the hell and it took a little bit better care of yourself.
Speaker 7: That's all it is. This ain't his big bone. It's sisters. This is his ass.
Speaker 6: They your bones. Ain't that damn big Who? When have you ever seen a skeleton that said, what that's a big bone?
Speaker 7: That asked, skeleton? It's just a skeleton.
Speaker 6: You have never been, know when you ain't been in the doctor's office that said, who look at the bones on this damn skeleton in the hill? Ever, they ain't never unwrapped the money in a tuning with girl. This is a big bone, that money right here. Let's stop using the word big bony. Let's stop using the word red bone.
Speaker 7: You life skid.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 6: I ain't got a damn thing to do with your bone. And you're not big bony. Because when you take all that stuff off, the big ass bones and asses skeleton, we're talking about it. You met him after they started dating, since they had the nerve to ask me if I got my butt done, called her and then she took that I was not going to admit it. We got back to my man, he started second guest me and actually asked you, was you keeping something young? His sister had him think that I had butt him planning. I should have known then to pump the brakes on our relationship. His mom ain't no better, so I see where his sistance got rooted. But they all of a sudden, Mama probably big bone. So now they all all these big bone people in looking at you. Crely has small always. When I come back, I will share with you some things I think you could do the counter access.
Speaker 7: No one show is going to agree with me.
Speaker 10: That's why I'm gone to the second half.
Speaker 7: Of this letter.
Speaker 12: All right, Part two of Steve's response is coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour Today's Strawberry Letter subject anyone can get.
Speaker 1: It right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Steve Hard Morning Show. All right, come on Steve's recap Today's strawberry letter. This subject anyone can get it.
Speaker 7: Well, uh, chick and married his husband.
Speaker 6: She's black and hispanic, got curly hair, big breast, big old booty, everything nice and full on it and it's all natural. And the fact that you got a tiny waist makes his big bones. That sisters hate on me. We've discovered in the previous section of the letter that there's no such thing.
Speaker 7: As big bones. A skeleton is a skeleton.
Speaker 6: You've never been to the doctor's office and said, wow, this one, this was a big bone skeleton in you. So it's just a skeleton. It's relatively the same size bones on most people. Some I'm a little bit smaller. But you've never looked at a skeleton and went wood, there some big bones on that. No, there's the size bones, just got a lot of meat on the outside of it. Most of that meat is bat So his sisters don't like it. I little shortly after they started dating and one of them ought that you had got your butt done. Stop talking to the shop whether they're not big bone. And we need to stop using these terms, like a light skinned girl is not a red bone. All bones is the same color. It's just no such thing as red bone. You just you're just yell at you just had LFE speed. Let's stop saying this, and you're not big bone. Yes, it's fact, It's okay. It's nothing wrong with thatt. That's some people I absolutely love. Started with my mama. I love my mama, dealer. I'm attracted to fat people. I'll stop it from being fat about being I like all different shades of black people. All my women have been black, all different shades. I ain't got a problem. Now I have some thick ones too. Now anyway, anyway, all your sister, as one of your sisters asked, did you get your butt done?
Speaker 7: You know order?
Speaker 6: She thought that meant you was admitting and didn't want to confront him. Then your husband came, Boif came and asked you, this is something you need to tell him, because they didnet talked about it. Anyway, you started to pump the brakes on the and his mom is no better because I see why his sisters are so rude, because it's mama big bone too, and that's how they live together. As mom retired shortly after we got married, and she had a potluck dinner for her friends and family. That's another poe ass event. I've been a member of those poe ass events on several times in my life. We call them potlug dinner. The only problem with potlug dinner somebody gonna bring one of the pots. It ain't gonna be some all in luck ain't gonna be in it. Some of these dishes as unlucky as hail. Potluck dinner. Somebody show up with some line of bean castle roll with some potatoes cut in half lined up around the cast roll. Dish looked like a fence, and then put a ham hock in the middle of it.
Speaker 7: Well, damn it. Don't nobody want that.
Speaker 6: Nobody want your damn lime of beans with your half potatoes cut make it look like a fence and a ham hock in the middle.
Speaker 7: That's not pot up. That's very unlucky. So poor people do that.
Speaker 6: Like anyway, I made a part of gumboat and homemade garlic French bread. His mom asked me what I know about making gumbo since I'm Mexican. Well that's a fair question. What do you know about making gumbo? But I don't see why you're so offended. Let me tell you something about me. I don't eat Mexican food that's made by black people.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't eat Chinese food that's made by black people.
Speaker 7: I went in a sushi restaurant.
Speaker 6: So I thought, in downtown Atlanta years ago, and two black dudes was behind the counter.
Speaker 7: I laughed so hard and walked out. You can't be no black dude and hand me no raw ass fish.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, what's the problem, y'all ain't got to like it. I'll just tell you how I am. If you're gonna the Chinese restaurant is all black people back there?
Speaker 7: Why is we in here? So I go to Chinese restaurant to Chinese food, I expect to see some Chinese people. Now, hell, I'm wrong for that.
Speaker 6: Why would I go to a soul food restaurant and white people standing back there?
Speaker 5: I'm going home.
Speaker 6: Your ass ain't got no beer to trying to fool me like you make our damn food. Let's keep it real.
Speaker 8: That's raised.
Speaker 7: So that don't mean you can make gumbo. I got news for you.
Speaker 6: It's black people that don't know how to cook soul food. So the chances of your ass knowing how to make Mechigan food and gumbo kind of threw me and French garlic bread. I didn't even know it was called French garlic brid I just thought it was golibread. Well, here you is now now you're Hispanic and black making French food.
Speaker 5: For how we doing this?
Speaker 14: Okash?
Speaker 6: Where is French person that sack? See, I'm not gonna be in here anyway. Your husband will let them make remarks like that about me and all this hit. My sister in law disrespected me last week in my own house and the other sister law mom laughed. She poked my behind and said it jigger like is real? Well at disappoint This can't get away. My husband won't check them. I'm from the hood. I was raised on the black side of my family, so this is not what they want. I made it clear they should never touch me again. My husband said I was taking too serious and too sensity. I may have to knock one of them out so we can stop playing with me.
Speaker 7: We'll let you black.
Speaker 6: Side come on out then if you really it's got that much black and you gonna knock the ass out. Black people understand why they getting knocked out. Every time I been knocked out, I understood it. I have a suggestion for you. If everybody think your booty fake this Thanksgiving, hack your dress up and shake it real hard at the table.
Speaker 7: And let everybody's see.
Speaker 6: Okay we and then Bratt take a part of God, throw it on the table and walk your ass out.
Speaker 12: Leave your comments on Today's letter on Instagram at CRV FM and check out bring.
Speaker 6: Your black hands cousin over there and have you have some fried rice?
Speaker 7: Wit himess see if anybody.
Speaker 12: Eat that on the Strawberry Letter podcast at the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 7: You don't even know how to make it for you.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got JR?
Speaker 16: I need Pip, I need fit, I need more mad nothing man was in its.
Speaker 10: Mann from you.
Speaker 8: I'm here, I'm here, baby, I'm here.
Speaker 10: I was some sweet. I'll tell you something.
Speaker 7: Being a pimp. I gotta give it to you.
Speaker 10: She don't like them kings. I ain't even gonna lie.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 10: It was up, ladies, was up? Mississippi was hangry with you?
Speaker 7: Was up?
Speaker 10: What's up?
Speaker 5: Called good?
Speaker 10: Ain't nothing? What's up, Jill Small going on? I'm good. I'm gonna leave y'all alone.
Speaker 7: I said, you know a man, Steve Tomy. Go ahead, James, Yeah, Pippy, I.
Speaker 11: Just want to get some picks man starters playing this week week two preseason.
Speaker 1: But I just want to get you practicing on you on your picking.
Speaker 7: Oh, I just practiced. I don't really care about the preseason, but go ahead.
Speaker 6: My picks will be reflective of the fact that I do not care.
Speaker 2: Panthers Giants, Pippy.
Speaker 7: Don't nobody get damn seeing it's time y'all on the radio in Charlotte and New York.
Speaker 10: Uh huh, let me just go start.
Speaker 2: Semester in.
Speaker 10: Wait a minute, Who is the Panthers.
Speaker 7: Part of that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know they got right shop you know.
Speaker 6: Oh the new black dude, Yeah yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he don't know nothing yet.
Speaker 10: Chars all right?
Speaker 2: With Dolphins Texans, Pippin.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna pick the Texans, Okay, all right, because I won't ever see what you're doing the real seasons, y'all thing super Bowl, the super Bowl, But if you go, if y'all go to super Bowl, it'll be with me. You damn ain't getting fluent r man won't be bringing y'all.
Speaker 7: That's what damn jo?
Speaker 10: What about cowboys?
Speaker 2: Seahawks?
Speaker 7: Oh man, Seahawks?
Speaker 10: Man cowboys?
Speaker 7: I don't know what's anybody here about this game?
Speaker 18: Okay, sat charge Thanks lead back like that, dog, Thanks, charge, lead.
Speaker 10: Back like that. I ain't got no favoring cowboy. I never.
Speaker 1: Just give it up for papents.
Speaker 6: Charge will believe in if you think, here's a part of gold at the end of that rainbow too.
Speaker 1: Coming up, Thank you guys. Coming up at the top of the hour. A woman needs some advice from that has been someone's girlfriend for twenty years. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show. This is from Beverly and Lafayette.
Speaker 12: Beverly says, I'm fifty five years old and I've been in a stable and loving relationship for almost twenty years. I want to get married, but he says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I want to be able to say my husband to my friends, and I want to have his last name and be his wife, not girlfriend. He said, a wedding is a waste of money, and after all these years, we're doing just fine. Do I drop it and settle for being a girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Well, you've been settling it for twenty years. You could have changed this a long time ago. You hit old saying heart, don't change horses in the middle of the street. It's hard to let a man have his way this long and then tell him you don't want it like this no more. You just describe your relationship as a happy and loving relationship, and you've been acting like that for twenty years.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: You're tired of it because he ain't went the way you want it. You want to be able to call him your husband and take his last name.
Speaker 7: He don't want that. He don't want that.
Speaker 6: And guess what you to let him tell you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, he said, a wedding is a waste of money. Okay, didn't go to the courthouse. Okay, see you if you really want to know where you staying with this man? Erased all the excuses. Okay, let's not do a big web. Let's let's just go to the court house.
Speaker 1: That's what she should say, too.
Speaker 10: Canny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll tell you what I'm leaving. If I don't get what I want. I'm not gonna continue. Now it's broke. Now I need fixing. See you all this stuff, y'all let me and tell you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, okay?
Speaker 7: Cool?
Speaker 6: Then I don't like it like this. I'm leaving now it's broke. Okay, now you need fixing. And then the other one is a wedding costs too much money. Let's get mad at at the court out Both excuses gone. Now Now where you at? You find out where you really are?
Speaker 7: Okay? And then if and if he if he let and if he lets you go.
Speaker 6: Because of a wedding, or if he lets you go because it ain't no broken figure?
Speaker 7: Did I got news for you? Happy with you the way you are anymore?
Speaker 5: He don't want it's.
Speaker 7: All good.
Speaker 10: Day still j you want to get married?
Speaker 7: Got initials?
Speaker 5: See it.
Speaker 2: He'll see it too.
Speaker 7: It's too many years.
Speaker 10: It's twenty years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, why did you do this for twenty years?
Speaker 2: That wasn't married you?
Speaker 6: You're doing everything marry people do.
Speaker 7: Ask me about no wed no more now, I mean that.
Speaker 8: Don't ask me no more about no wedding.
Speaker 10: I mean it.
Speaker 17: That's exactly what he's saying to come in here talking about no wed and I have told you nothing twenty years.
Speaker 3: City Hall.
Speaker 5: Here we come.
Speaker 8: City Hall.
Speaker 10: Either day.
Speaker 2: I'm hitting some papers.
Speaker 12: All right, we have time for another one, This one says. This one's from Misha in Springfield. Tomishia's forty four. She's dating a man who's sixty four, and he can't finish what he starts. It's like a marathon for me, she says, because I'm trying to hurry up and finish before him. He doesn't have medical problems and all he takes is blood pressure medicine. Maybe he is getting all worked up because I'm too much for him. How can I get him to relax and finish.
Speaker 6: Oh, you're gonna have a heart No, no, no, he is finished, but he though. See y'all keep wanting to know how you get a mari He beat thoo. He taking high blood pressure medicine. High blood pressure medicine passed side effects, as do most medications.
Speaker 7: Most prescription mans have a side effect. And the side effect.
Speaker 6: Now, I was looking at this one commercial the other day, and the one of the I can't remember the name of the drug, but it was for dementia. And guess what the side effect was, stroke or death?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: What I'm going down?
Speaker 10: What are we curing?
Speaker 6: Why are we talking that the side effect potential stroke or death?
Speaker 5: For damn?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, And that's sad for a person that has dementia.
Speaker 6: But if you've given me the option of a stroke of death, I'm just being setup here and not know you'll ask.
Speaker 7: That's all.
Speaker 1: I'm coming up a twenty minutes after the hour. We'll have more of the Steve Hour Morning Show people. Right after this, you're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 12: Legendary singer and Tony Award winning actress Melbourne Moore received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on August tenth. Miss Moore was joined by Jimmy jam Sheryl Lee, Ralph kat Williams, and Lunel, who all spoke about Melburnmore's personal and professional impact. During the ceremony, Melbournmore revealed that kat Williams sponsored her star by paying the big seventy five thousand dollars bill that's associated with receiving a Hollywood Star a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. On the Instagram, Melbourne wrote a public thank you to k W meaning Kat Williams.
Speaker 1: He is the sole sponsor of my star. I am still in shock.
Speaker 5: Kat in me.
Speaker 12: You have a friend love Melba forever more Wow seventy five grand Yeah and she deserves Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Sponsor Tommy Star.
Speaker 10: Starting some stuff this morning.
Speaker 7: Ask him questions.
Speaker 6: But does he Thommy got seventy five thousand? What you say Thoma got seventy five thousand? Yell out on that big tour. I was just at the single. Maybe maybe the headline is sponsory with I'm not doing that with you man, got your faith tied up in time? When you stop me, I.
Speaker 1: Guess we'll play around it.
Speaker 12: Would you rather at thirty three minutes after the hour, right after this, you're listening hard morning show and it's time now for a round it? Would you rather? Would you rather wear skinny jeans? Or would you rather wear saggy jeans? Just sagging?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 8: You know, I can't have my ass all that skinny, can't run, can't do that.
Speaker 9: And came you have seen them and he came jeans either, that's all right, that's all right, at least my butt covered.
Speaker 11: No, I don't want to sagging jeans still, I'm just going you should have never been in style, just sagging neither one really.
Speaker 1: Pick one or you'll take can you sag?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Steve, Yeah, I really can't show my butt, but I can't.
Speaker 2: Be in the damn skin, big one, big wark.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go on and hold my pairts. So funny before a day?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 12: Would you rather would you prefer to work with a team or would you prefer to work alone?
Speaker 1: I'll be you prefer to work alone?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Okay, work is we doing?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: No, hold up time. Okay, mister Newly, where did you think you want to put that out there?
Speaker 10: Would you rather work as a team or work alone?
Speaker 1: If I'm working, work alone, I'll do that now, work on stage by myself.
Speaker 7: I don't need nobody, okay, cause I don't know I was you talking about in a relationship.
Speaker 6: No, I was just thinking you might want to count the MIC's on this zoom you with right now because you missed it by your damn self.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just saying, like, if I'm if I was doing something, you just said you rather work alone. That all of us sitting here was saddened by the remark.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think you hurt your team you're sitting out here, man, you know, working spot to listening to you.
Speaker 7: And then your ass want to work alone? What you said, I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 8: I was thinking about when I was working back at General Motive. I want a good team. On the line.
Speaker 7: What you said?
Speaker 6: She said, now, would you rather work as a team or work alone? And your ass said I'd rather work alone? And you noticed, didn't none of us say nothing.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that that's what I was saying, because we was all.
Speaker 7: Sitting here going with dam.
Speaker 5: Not what I was saying.
Speaker 7: Hell is we coming to work for helping his ass?
Speaker 15: I was I was talking about working when I was a kid working at General Motives.
Speaker 7: I'm not talking.
Speaker 6: We didn't know you wanted to see Well see now, let me show you what team did. Now you're trying to take that back like your headline and see.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 6: Well, well see that what happened when you when you lee your team, we all go back all of a sudden work alone.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what I meant you to work with.
Speaker 7: No hat on, don't say nothing.
Speaker 1: We're gonna move on. Would you rather have three?
Speaker 6: And I'm sorry for having the Steve Harvey Morning Show I couldn't go ahead say it again.
Speaker 5: We don't have time.
Speaker 2: Just say it right quickly, Okay?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have threesomes forever or never have sex again?
Speaker 7: We're gonna down.
Speaker 10: Room up.
Speaker 1: All right, that's today's round.
Speaker 12: Would you rather coming up next to our last break of the day, and we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 12: Here we are last break of the day, guys, before we get to the closing remarks. Officials in Maui have confirmed over one hundred deaths and the devastating fire that destroyed most of the city of Lahaina. President Biden plans to visit Maui on Monday. Ahead of his visit, Biden has made all federal resources available to Maui, including FEMA personnel and National Guard soldiers. You can help Maui's relief efforts with a donation by simply texting the word red Cross to nine zero nine nine nine. That's text the word red Cross to nine zero nine nine nine if you want to donate today.
Speaker 6: Steve all right, good, hey, my clothes remarks today is going to be a little bit of an encouragement. I was it a at a dinner last night with some business people and they were complimenting me on a lot of stuff they see on me on TikTok so forth soul. I was sitting there listening to him, and the guy asked me. He said, mister Harvey, if if that was one piece of advice you wish you had known all along that you know now that you wish you had known all along. And it was very simple because it took me to something I was talking about recently. I was watching something on TV and these group of older actors were sitting around, and one of them was Tom Hanks, and they were talking about, what's the one thing you've learned that you wish you had known?
Speaker 7: And Tom Hanks said, this too shall pass.
Speaker 6: And I can't tell you how that resounded with me, because had I known that years ago like I know it now, I could have saved myself a ton of wary I could have saved myself blood pressure. I could have saved myself anxiety. You know, because anxiety is usually produced if from you're worry or concerned about what someone else is going to do. That's usually the base of most anxiety. You are concerned about something that someone else may say or do, and it causes you anxiety. That's not all of it, but that's a lot of it. If you think back in your life, how many times you've been concerned with what might happen to you based on what somebody could do or say, and you become anxious about it. But that causes anxiety. I wonder how they gonna feel. I wonder what happened when I walk out here. I wonder what happened if they see me do this.
Speaker 7: I wonder what.
Speaker 6: Happened if they find out I ain't got it like I said I had it. I wonder what would happened if they asked me this. I wonder what the jury gonna say. I wonder what the police gonna say to me? Ask me anxiety. But when I heard Tom Hanks say this too show Pass, I thought about all the worry I've had in my life, all the moments of anxiety, worrying about something that was beyond my control. When you are overly concerned about something you cannot control, it produces anxiety. And everything I've ever troubled myself with, everything I've ever gone through, and was thinking how unsurmountable.
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 6: Do you know that every last one of those things in my life as well as yours, you have gotten past them all.
Speaker 7: Every single one of them.
Speaker 6: When you were worrying about the outcome, No matter how the outcome came.
Speaker 5: Or with.
Speaker 6: You survived it. You got past it. See now I know that this too shall pay. Now I know when I'm in a valley that I ain't gonna stay there all ways. Now I know when, when, when, when troubles befall me or beset me, I already know that this too shall pass. I've had so many experiences over my sixty six that I have learned completely that no matter what has happened to me, no matter what befalls me, no matter what set of circumstances I find myself, no matter how chance plays out in my life, it's gonna be all right. I'm gonna be all right. I'm gonna get through it. This tooth shall pass. So now, which stuff happens to me, I have a track record of surviving so much stuff. And I want you all to look at yourself this way. You have an outstanding track record of surviving hard times and bad situations.
Speaker 7: And if you think about it enough this before.
Speaker 6: Your track records for surviving hard times and bad decisions and hardships, your track record for surviving them is one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: You have survived them all, even if you're in the midst of it right now.
Speaker 6: Can't you see how he done wrapped his arms around you without you asking?
Speaker 7: Can't you see how he'd uncoverage you?
Speaker 6: The slings, the arrows, the fires they starting, the bullets they shooting, the arrows they got coming your way. The writings, the gossip, the rumor, the haters, the dislikes, the comments.
Speaker 7: The blogs.
Speaker 6: When you look at all of it, you still hear and you're gonna be all right, you know why, because this too shall pass, and it will Keep that in mind, y'all, no matter what you're going through, this too shall pass. Keep the faith, keep praying about it, prayer without ceasing, and just know that this too shall pass.
Speaker 7: And it will. Now.
Speaker 6: It may not pass when you want it, that's for sure, But when you walk through the fire, you will not get burned, nor will sit in kinderly and soot be on your clothing. I mean, you can walk through the fire and you won't even have no signs of it when you come out on the other side. Now, it won't that.
Speaker 7: God didn't say it wasn't gonna be hiding now now he just said it won't be.
Speaker 6: No signs when it's over, y'all, keep it faith, talk of God, day lordy of Fact.
Speaker 12: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show