Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo Charlamagne Neget peaks to the planet.
Speaker 3: It's Monday, Yes, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: Back to the work week. Good morning.
Speaker 3: I woke up this morning and thinking the day it was Tuesday for some reason, dig you Yeah, And I was sitting here trying to figure out what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, what happened yesterday? What happened Monday? What happened on the show? And I was like, wait a minute, it's monday. He took it edible, Definitely, there you go.
Speaker 3: That's the reason why definitely took an edible last night. Figured that right out around seven o'clock. Yep, got to do it to you, yo.
Speaker 4: Mean m well, shout again to all the students at Virginia State University. I was able to speak to the students about freshman orientation and things that they should be looking out for or doing their freshman year. So got a chance to chop it up with the students and then flew out to Birmingham, Alabama. Shout to Crystal, who was a councilwoman out there. She graduated from Hampton. She just turned thirty. So I was DJ and her party and met her mom, who's a judge, her dad who's a congressman, very well connected.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of people that mayor.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: There were so many different people there. It was just a great function.
Speaker 4: So happy birthday, Crystal, and in Saturday Sunday I did absolutely positively.
Speaker 2: No, I never went to college.
Speaker 3: Are freshman years the same now as they were in the nineteen hundreds when you was in college?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still your first time in Yeah, freshman, I.
Speaker 3: Would think so, I would think things are so different now in twenty twenty three for people just starting.
Speaker 4: Well college, it's still, you know, your first year away from a lot of people's first year away from their parents, away from their household.
Speaker 2: So things getting acclimated.
Speaker 4: A lot of people coming from cities like Philadelphia, New York and not used to towns like Virginia, especially a.
Speaker 2: Good country living, that good country living.
Speaker 4: So just telling students about that, and also, you know, Virginia is just different.
Speaker 5: It's a Commonwealth state.
Speaker 4: And when people ask me what a Commonwealth state, as I say, they make up their own rules, regulations sometimes, so you got to be extra extra careful, especially.
Speaker 2: Being black out there.
Speaker 4: And then you know, just talking you students, you know, time management is everything, you know, because there's so much to do in college, whether it's you know, classes, parties, playing spades, washing laundry. There so much to do that the time management is very important. And also I was just telling the students take advantage of college. You know, there's a lot of times we just want to get out, you know, do to four years and get out and started our work. But tell them take advantage, man, you know, step outside the box. Take classes that you usually wouldn't take, do things that you usually wouldn't take. I mean, you're paying for it anyway, so ms will give it a chance to give it a shot. So again, shout to all the college students set into college. I think for a lot of them, school starts today. So slew to all the college students out there.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, all right, that's a special guest today too, man, our guys Jason Mitchell and uh By, Tron Fitzpatrick, Trump, Barton, Bartron Bartton.
Speaker 4: That's wrong, his name is bart That says Bartron, Barton, bart Bartton, fitz Patrick jo Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're in a movie called Everything Is Both. It's been number one on Tooby for quite a few weeks. Now, that's right now you remember that from the shot.
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna kick it with them in a little bit. And then we got front page news. When we come back, Testling figure over us. She tell us what's going on in the news.
Speaker 2: It don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, Owning everybody. It's dj n.
Speaker 5: V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Let's get in some front page news. Before we jump right in, I just want to say, if you got family out in California, South California, or you're out there, you know, just be careful and we're definitely praying for you. This weekend, they got hit with a tropical storm and an earthquake, and they're saying with the tropical storm, Hillary has yet to we've yet to see the worst of it so far since dumps over six inches of rain across southern California. So if you have family out there, give him a call and continue to pray for our family members out in Calm.
Speaker 2: And they had an earthquake yesterday right, yeah, earthquake.
Speaker 3: My partners I there say that they don't they don't trip off earthquakes in California unless it's seven or better. That this was a five five something. I'm like, that was scared the hell out of me, giving me as well. I guess when you're used to it and bill for it, don't bother you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, what else we got, tess?
Speaker 4: I see there's some updates with the young ten year old boy that got put in jail for peeing on the back of his mom's car.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, we talked about this last week and there's an update on it, which to me it makes the situation even worse. A Misissipian police department is defending an officer's decision to refer the ten year old boy to youth court after he was spotted ping behind his mother's car. Now, they did acknowledge an error in judgment for transporting the child to jail. The police chief said that officers can refer children as young as tend to youth court if they are deemed in need of super supervision, which is determined if they commit acts that would be identical for an adult under identical circumstances. A officer personally witnessed this ten year old child committing an act in public which would have been illegal for an adult under these circumstances what the police chief said, but again the keyword is adult. The officer did not observe a parent on the scene, so that is why they took him to jail. Now, this is the part that I want you to play close attention to. They are apologizing for an error in judgment on how he went to jail, but not apologizing for the fact that they felt he should have went to jail. The police he said that there was a reasonable alternative to get the boy to the police station. So he's saying, you know, you should have let his mom take him to the police station, not the fact that he should have not been arrested, which is still, you know, crazy as hell.
Speaker 4: To me, Nobody in Mississippi c's this is is wrong as crazy that a ten year old pete on the back of attire because he had to go to the bathroom. Nobody else sees this as crazy. Yeah, I didn't know they'd take you to you've caught for offenses like that. I mean to be honest with you, I didn't know they take adults to court for offenses like that, because in my mind.
Speaker 2: If I'm a cop and I saw someone ping.
Speaker 3: Outside, even if it's illegal, that's nothing, I would waste my time.
Speaker 5: It's usually a ticket. That usually getting my ticket.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even give you that, especially after you just peed because you ain't watch your hands.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to interact with you in that way.
Speaker 3: But my thing is like, yo, if I saw you pee outside, I wouldn't waste my time on that taking you.
Speaker 7: To jail a ten year old kid, right, Like, what's wrong with just telling a ten year old educate him?
Speaker 2: Hey, son, you know that's illegal to do. You know, don't do that.
Speaker 7: I just but again, looking at ten year olds, particularly black boys are seen as adults. Just to give you some stats, Black youth are approximately fourteen percent of the total youth population, but forty seven point three percent of youth are transferred to adult court by juvenile court judges who believe the youth cannot benefit from the services of the youth court. In twenty sixteen, a long Black youth were eight point five times more likely than white youth to be tried as adults. Latino kids were almost three times as likely, So this is not just something we're making up in our heads seeing children as adults.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: The chief of specifically pointed out, oh, well, we would have taken an adult to jail for this, so why not him?
Speaker 5: And that is the problem with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure everything Tessn't saying is true, but also the cops in Mississippi clearly don't.
Speaker 2: Have anything better than do.
Speaker 3: Now, there's no way you taking a ten year old in for being outside, or anybody in for being outside unless they was peing on like somebody's property or something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But even like you're superior, when you get back to the station, he's not gonna be like, well what are you doing, bro? Like did you want to fill out all this paperwork and somebody was peing outside?
Speaker 2: Like this is crazy? That's my that's my biggest thing. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 5: Let us know how your weekend was. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, The Breakfast Club. Wa this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Sen Senior? What's up? Get up for your chest?
Speaker 9: Broight.
Speaker 2: I know who your mama's favorite late night host was back in.
Speaker 6: The day, man, Charlotte Man, you already know.
Speaker 10: Man, I'm actually named after three black.
Speaker 2: Men, Garrett Seneo and then Garrett Moore, Ortenel Hall, and then you got Michael Eatley. Oh so what's your name? Sendeo, Garrett, Michael Man.
Speaker 6: We only want to get on all that. Too many people listening in okay, but together the chest yo envy man. It was a superior, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a low ranking officer that was gonna let him go, and the superior came out there and out in the barn of jail. That's really, that's so crazy. It must have been a slow night in Mississippi that night.
Speaker 6: Land had to be. They had to be bored to tell word.
Speaker 2: Hello, who is this?
Speaker 6: Missus?
Speaker 2: Seawan Sean? What's up? Man? You got us gonna speak good something?
Speaker 10: Bro?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do take us off right fast. We can hear you a lot, claril, brother.
Speaker 6: All right, what I want to get off my chest is the story they charges covered about the ten year old down in Mississippi. Yep, I think, yeah, I think that is ludon, Chris. It's not that Mississippi don't have anything better to do, a good time. Listen, I moved from the South Bronx to New York plus fifty more years of hipop, fifty more years of hipop. Let me get that off my chest. In addition to that, Mississippi we already know how they operate. We saw what happened to them six officers that did what they did to those two black men, and we just know what time it is in Mississippi. Love, it's no mystery. It's no secret how Mississippi operates. And for them to take a ten year old, a eleven year old, however old he was, it's a custody for relieving himself because he actually had to go. Yeah, that's absolutely insane. That's ludicris. It's just ridiculous. And once again, big shout out to hip hop for fifty years and fifty years plus more.
Speaker 4: All right, brother, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's a low day. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way up? Whether you're mad or black something, get up and get something. Call up now. Eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 10: This is Jetsey from Georgia.
Speaker 2: Man, Jesse Jersey from Georgia. Get it off your chest, brother, man.
Speaker 10: That story about that little boy going to jail for PM on a tire, it's crazy, it is, man. I work at construction and we pe outside all the time. So wow, I've never seen nobody get a ticket or go to jail for well.
Speaker 2: Y'all ain't never been caught either though.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 10: You mean, I've seen sometimes p outside a day car.
Speaker 3: That's hypocritical. I would have to make a citizens arrest. You're gonna rest, so with his penis in his hand.
Speaker 2: You're like, freeze, what's under arrest? What's wrong with you? Bess?
Speaker 10: You know, back back up and you know, look looks by and you know, do what they gotta do. Pull back out.
Speaker 4: I mean like I said, I've done it many of times and and it's really foul. Like, you know, I understand even if I think given the young boy ticket is too far. But I mean, even if you gave his mom a ticket, cool, But you're taking him to jail and all that, Like, come on, he's a ten year old kid.
Speaker 2: That guy don't have no kids.
Speaker 3: I think the only time that that that is reasonable is if a person is drunk, you know what I mean. If a person is drunk and they just whip out and pe anywhere, that's that's different. But if like a person really has to go and there's nowhere else to go, I don't think that's something something to lock somebody up for.
Speaker 2: I agree. Hello, who's this, hey guy?
Speaker 11: He's him from Toledo, your favorite white listener.
Speaker 9: I love you guys.
Speaker 2: What's up, Chests?
Speaker 11: Anytime I hear these stories about these police, I feel compelled to call. About twenty years ago, me and a buddy, we were at a festival in Toledo and as we were leaving, my buddy had to really go to the bathrooms, but were getting ready to get in a car, and he went up against this tree. I was the lookout guy. I've seen absolutely nobody in sight. He starts going to the bathroom and the guy comes out of nowhere and tackles him from behind.
Speaker 2: While he's saying, you are terrible short.
Speaker 11: This dude was a cop.
Speaker 3: You're a terrible look You're a horrible lookout, bro, You're a horrible lookout.
Speaker 11: He was in it was dark out, he was in a marked vehicle. Man, I just looked like a punked car. I apologize.
Speaker 2: I was young.
Speaker 11: I tried to do a lookout, but he got tackled. He had to go to court get a lawyer for like indecent exposure charges.
Speaker 2: That's crazy and.
Speaker 11: It is crazy, but I promise I wouldn't swear.
Speaker 1: I won't swear.
Speaker 11: I swear to these white police. That guy that just erected that little black dude, he probably was just a little jealous of what he was seeing.
Speaker 3: Yea ten year old penis you're talking about? You're crazy? Jesus christ Man?
Speaker 2: Hello, who is this hell? What's up?
Speaker 5: Many?
Speaker 11: Good morning kings?
Speaker 3: How y'all doing well.
Speaker 12: I'm feeling highly blessed and black as favorite as my uncle Charlotte was say, I haven't talked to y'all.
Speaker 1: In a couple of years, but I had to call this one and one.
Speaker 12: You know, Jesus running way coming back will kind of get hurricanes.
Speaker 3: Man, you ain't lying, and earthquake earthquakes at the same time. They called it a hearquake.
Speaker 12: So I want to say, please my people being prayer because God has loved and he loves y'all, and we just got to be raising them on high for the blessings.
Speaker 11: The other reason I'm calling.
Speaker 12: Y'all is because I just dropped my baby off in Treslo at California State.
Speaker 11: Okay, she's gonna be a.
Speaker 12: Sign language interpreter, so we are highly favored and just grateful for the opportunity. But y'all, I'll spent all my money.
Speaker 6: And I got two kids that have to go to private school.
Speaker 11: So I'm calling the baseball in Metal.
Speaker 12: Cash help this morning, y'all. My kids started school Monday because DA started school a week earlier this year.
Speaker 11: We usually start the day after Labor Day, which would it gave.
Speaker 12: Us two weeks, but we don't get two weeks.
Speaker 11: So America help this mother out. They gotta go to Christian private school. I need to get up this tuition. Please cash apt A sister something, five dollar, ten dollar, It don't matter. I'm not too proud to ask for help. I'm needed cash at my cash app.
Speaker 13: Is my name?
Speaker 12: D like dog A, like Adam, T like Tom R I O.
Speaker 11: H O L N E S.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm telling you right now, there's a bunch of people listening to saying, ain't no compelling story attached to that. You can't just be asking for money because you need it.
Speaker 2: We all.
Speaker 12: You got, you gotta ask uncle, you gotta add God nerves.
Speaker 10: I need it.
Speaker 4: You're right, all right, Mama, get it off your chest. Eight hundrenk five five one oh five one. When we come back, we got to talk. Erv got it. He was on drink Champs again, and you know every time earth Gotta goes on drink Champs there is something. Well, we'll talk about it when we come back, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club, Good morning, the Breakfast Club owning Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club, Good Morning.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one thing today is the Monday is Monday. I've experienced in a long time.
Speaker 2: What you mean?
Speaker 3: It just feels like an extra extra Monday. These the kind of Mondays that make me want a four day work week, you know what I mean, Every Monday kind of makes you feel that, not like this one.
Speaker 2: I don't know why there is a Monday is Monday. I've felt in a while because you took that edible man. Not really, I take out moves on Sunday nights. They just feel like Monday. Monday. But hello Monday.
Speaker 5: Let's jump right into it. Let's get to the rooms to talk.
Speaker 2: IRV Gotti name or you've gossip? Been you chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea spells right right now.
Speaker 4: IRV Gotti was on Drink Champs Uh talking to Nori and e f n And they had a discussion about Holve's Book of Hove that's at the library in Brooklyn and talked about possibly or he heard a rumor that Dame Dash was removed from the exhibit.
Speaker 3: And well, the famous rumor is that Dame Dash is removed from that book.
Speaker 15: Probably, I don't, I don't think likest some thought on it, But did you ever think that in the beginning when you see their their their chemistry.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the three. You know what I mean, because you.
Speaker 3: Know Big Guy drink Champs as well, but BIG's Dame and Jay, Like, I never thought.
Speaker 2: That that that is what happened. Did you? Did you see this day coming? Remember what I said.
Speaker 15: Jay didn't need nobody, but he started Rockefella with so he should get credited. I'm saying the making of the records, picking the beast was wrapping over the beast making.
Speaker 2: It was all hole. It was alone for the ride, great, great Rod. I love No.
Speaker 3: When Noor was talking about the Book of Whole like it was an actual book, it's not an actual book. It was a library. It's an exhibit, you know what I mean. And but you know, if anybody listening, it's not a book, it's an exhibit. And I don't recall because I wasn't looking for it. But I'm pretty sure that there his pictures of Damon Dash in the book a Whole exhibit. I don't I can't sit here and say that for certain, but I'm almost positive.
Speaker 4: And I will also say that, Yeah, I think Rockefeller was as big as it was because of those three individuals.
Speaker 2: They bow.
Speaker 4: I think they all used put their heads together. And you know Dame did market and he did the writing and this, and Bigs did this. I think it was a It was all three of them was a collective that made Rockefeller as big as it was.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't. I mean sure, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wasn't there her voice, but I'm pretty sure Dame Dasher is in pictures at the book of whole whole exhibit. I don't like I said, I can't say that for certain, but because I wasn't I was paying attention, I wasn't looking to see if Dane wasn't there, you know, I mean now.
Speaker 4: Also, they talk about his relationship with Fat Joe. You know, for a long time, earth Gotty and Fat Joe were really really really close and h at one time every Goody was talking about Ashanti. Fat Joe didn't like it and said how he felt well, Irv Gott he talks about him and Fat Joe if they ever spoke or are they still cool.
Speaker 15: Fat Joe was my brother, but I do not feel Fat Joe as my brother anymore anymore. Yeah, And I'm like, uh, I guess it's a cancer trade yesterday people.
Speaker 2: Will call it it's a sign. Joe mart canceler, Okay.
Speaker 15: Because once you show me who you are or you speak negatively about me, it's over.
Speaker 3: I mean, herb not wrong though, if we brothers, I don't you know, I don't mind you having a critique. But you know, when you use language like I'm a sucker, you know, like you got to call You can't pick up the phone and call me and tell me that you can.
Speaker 5: Still feel that way. But it's just the fact that you did it in public and pick.
Speaker 3: Up the phone and called me and tell me that. Don't tell the world that first maybe Joe did, I'm not sure, but nor that he didn't.
Speaker 2: Didn't.
Speaker 4: I'll watched that all right. Now, let's talk about love and hip hop. A lot going on in Miami over the week. Tommy Lee, you remember Tommy Lee. Of course, she's from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. She was arrested in Miami.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: They say she was arrested on drug charges. But this is what her team is saying. Her team is saying that she was at a restaurant after having a dispute with a disrespectful employee. Her team alleged that she was only approached by law enforcement because they are familiar with her. They chose to handcuff her and arrest her on grounds of drug possession, despite the fact that the drugs weren't, in fact her friend's epilepsy medication. So they're saying that it was no coke. It was because she was arrested for her it says first charge coke cell and I guess attempted to something I don't know, but they're saying it was actually her friend's epilepsy medication. Gunplay was arrested on weapons charges after he was accused of pointing a rifle at his wife and baby. Now Miami journalist Andy Slater's reporting that Gunplay is being accused of allegedly pointing a rifle at his wife while she was holding their six month old baby. Now, Gunplay has denied all all allegations. The forty four year old rapper is currently in jail with his bail set at twenty thousand dollars now. Gunplay's wife also left a note on her social media. She said, I just want everyone to know my daughter and I are safe. My daughter's safety is my first priority. Unfortunately, Richard is back using developed a very bad drinking problem. I've tried everything in my power to help him and love him. This is a demon he has to overcome on his own. At this point, I really believe it's too late to summarize last night's event. I asked Richard to quiet down as he scared the baby sleeping by yelling, playing call of duty.
Speaker 5: He started going off with me for asking him to be quiet. I tried to collect a.
Speaker 4: Bag so my daughter and I can go to a room while he sobers up. He didn't want us to leave, and things went left fast. He was arrested last night. The weapon is in police custody. I have a restraining order, my daughter is in my custody, and I'm filing for divorce. He will never get the chance to disrespect us again. Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. This is a very traumatizing experience. Please keep me in your prayers all right. And lastly, Jermaine Duprix, now Jermaine depri was talking about this earlier.
Speaker 5: He was kind of upset.
Speaker 4: He said that, just for the record, no brands have done any dinners or get together in Atlanta celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop.
Speaker 5: That's hard to believe, and that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's hard to believe.
Speaker 3: I saw people saying that that wasn't true, that there was a lot of brands that did things, and I know they did have a big show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had a big show.
Speaker 4: I've seen uh Friday, it was Friday. I think it was a Friday before or something like that. Yeah, I mean, I'm not sure. With so many talent and hip hop that came out of Atlanta, I would have loved to see something maybe bigger on the scale like they did at Yankee Stadium up here.
Speaker 2: But who knows.
Speaker 3: Why can't you may do pre do it? He could have did, like definitely, like JD is is big enough to do it. Like JD could have did something himself if he thought that hip hop wasn't being represented right coming out of coming out of the ATLAH.
Speaker 5: All right, well that is your rumor report.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking at uh the Atlanta Journal Constitution dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty years of hip Hop TI Goodie.
Speaker 3: Mob the headline, free Atlanta concert, several other city sponsored events to celebrate cities contribution to music genre. This was on August first. It's an article by by Ernie Sucks. Yeah, so they did do things. Yeah, clearly they did things okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, like I said, that is your room report.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we got Front page News Testling figure Out will be joining us. And then we got some special jets coming out of some special guests coming up.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 4: We have Jason Mitchell and Barton Fitzpatrick. You know it from the Shy. They got a new flick. Everything is both and we'll kick it with them in a little bit. It's the Breakfast Club, the Morning the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: If you're hiring, you know it's hard to attract top talent.
Speaker 3: Team up with the hiring partner who understands how tough it is and knows what you need. Zip Recruiter go to this exclusive web address to try zip recruiter for free. Jiprecruiter dot com slash Breakfast So everybody, it's DJ Envy Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get back in.
Speaker 3: Some front page news Testant Figure Road with Jack Morning Test.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, dj n V Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 4: He's task now listen, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about Florida and cock Road sprays.
Speaker 7: Okay, well before before I do this. What do you say about Florida, Charlemagne?
Speaker 2: The createst people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, all right.
Speaker 7: A Florida woman allegedly spiked the man's drink with raid roach spray after the paaramed at a local bar. Belusiah County Shares office at the twenty nine year old vic Veronica Klein has been charged would drink poisoning. The deputies were called to her home around four thirty a m. Where they met the man who had become ill. He said he came home with her after I guess they met at the club and asked and she asked him to continue drinking with her. He had two drinks, begin feeling sick, and then she allegedly admitted to him that she spiked his drinks with the rope spray. The Sheriff's office said that the victim told deputies that he was vomiting for about thirty minutes before he called for help, and he had become sick again while he was actually giving his statement. Now, she wasn't at home when they found her, and a law enforcement K nine unit tracked her down and she was taken into custody, and if you want to see what that looks like, they do have the video showing what a pleasant experience that was for the K nine dog to track her down. The officer was concerned if she was bit by the dog and you took her into custody and she's alive and well and will be charged.
Speaker 2: Well, what happened?
Speaker 3: How did the conversation go from let's have a drink that I'm going to push your raid in your episida?
Speaker 2: How did that happen? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Was she trying to rob me? Was she trying to kill him? Be cause just met nobody.
Speaker 7: Knows, nobody knows, and just saying that's just what she did. And I thought it was interesting that she admitted to him, like, hey, yeah, I put some rape, you know, some road spray. So I don't know what's going on if that was just some and.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's wrong, because you would smell it like road spray is very strong, Like that's the drink.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, you know what, I'm not gonna have this dream because strong?
Speaker 2: What the hell did he ordered it?
Speaker 3: He ain't spelled it that he didn't smell the roach spray, you know, as he was siffing.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, yeah, So I guess this was at her home. So I don't know if he you know, maybe she puts something in the straw.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 7: Again, this goes back to just what you say. This is Florida. So that's just the only explanation that I can give on this story.
Speaker 5: Now, let's talk New York City and asylum seeks.
Speaker 7: Yep, New York City wants to house migrants at a closed federal prison that once jailed monsters. That's not the only location that the city is considering to bring these migrants too. So let's take a listen to the report talk about on the other side.
Speaker 16: We got an updates from the city this afternoon from undred and one thousand migrants have arrived in New York City since this crisis began, and that number continues to go.
Speaker 2: Up, and we are just simply out of space.
Speaker 16: The city's a Deputy mayor for Communications holding a news conference outside of the Roosevelt Hotel in Midtown Manhattan Friday, a site that has reached capacity for migrants.
Speaker 11: We're appreciative, but what the governor and the state of dun but we need more.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 16: Over one hundred and one thousand migrants are now in New York City and fifty nine thousand are living in two hundred and two emergency shelters across the five boroughs, with hundreds are still coming in every day.
Speaker 7: And so there's certainly an issue going on there in New York. They are suggesting that they go to the Jacob Center, Sunny dormitories and prisons like the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Lower Manhattan, which closed in twenty twenty one following Jeffrey Epstein's suicide. But the New York City Immigration Coalition says that the MCC is not a suitable for location for anybody, let alone someone that's trying to set up a new life in a new country. So again, certainly a migrant issue that New York is having a hard time maintaining.
Speaker 3: What are the conditions of this federal prison now? Is it still like built like a prison?
Speaker 2: Still built like a prison?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're saying it's not a place for anybody to go in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do they send these people?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, if I'm seeking some sort of freedom, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Place I would want to be as in a prison. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: People mad at Eric Adams. They believe that he should be here. He took I think like a three day trip before day trip to Israel, they said, to learn more about the Jewish culture.
Speaker 2: People are upset about that.
Speaker 4: They're saying that he should be here dealing with all these asylum seekers in all these job Yeah, that's what people are upset about.
Speaker 5: All right, Well that is Front page News.
Speaker 3: All right, and listen, make sure you subscribe to Tesling Figureo's podcast This Great Shot, No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network, and follow Teslim figure Out on all social media platforms at teslim figure Out.
Speaker 4: Right now, when we come back, we got actors Jason Mitch you and Barton Fitzpatrick. You know them from the shot and of course they got their own flick on to b right now called Everything is Both, and we're gonna talk to both of them when we come back, and don't move.
Speaker 5: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: This is the third time around you've been missing off. My name is Barton. Barton, you know what it is, because even with Charlotte, his name is.
Speaker 4: His name is Leonard, Right, Leonard, you get a little money.
Speaker 2: Let Leonard Fitzpatrick tells you feel man, amazing, amazing. It's good to see you all together.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Clearly y'all got cool on the shot. Y'all became a good partner to the shot.
Speaker 17: Absolutely absolutely, and like he's one of my favorite people to work with, you know what I mean. Like it's it's hard to make it feel real all the time, like really locking. You know, they got what you call what dialing it in when people are saying the words and they're looking at you right in the eyes, but you could tell they like thinking about some left in the microwave, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. And it's like, yeah, So he's he's always been good to work with about from day one, you know, meeting this gentleman.
Speaker 13: Because the thing was, when when I found out that he would be coming to the show, I knew it would be a hit just off of who he was, you know.
Speaker 2: So my thing was if I just had the same with him, I knew I would pop. So it's like, of course y'all saw what we was able to do.
Speaker 13: I was actually able to treat him and bully him, you know, it's up me, so thank thank this brother, my brother though no, actually he's you brought my He the reason why I was here the first time around. He paid for my flight and my hotel and everything.
Speaker 2: I was broke.
Speaker 13: What you mean when I my first time coming to the breakfast club we was in the in Atlanta together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he took care of me, my big brothers. Damn Showtime, Showtime them. How did you know that? You know, you wanted to pay for ball Time's flight and everything. Like, to me, money isn't real, bro, you know what I mean?
Speaker 17: And I feel like Chicago, it was a lot like New Orleans, like a lot of times, we don't get these opportunities. So if you just take a little bit of money to be able to change somebody life forever, to be able to bust their imagination open forever, like that's that's dope.
Speaker 2: The money ain't even nothing.
Speaker 13: And not the world knows how broke actors are because we all struck. But right what it was, so he took care of you know.
Speaker 2: For a lot of people. Did you see something special? Brother?
Speaker 17: I definitely saw something special in him, you know. But I'm one of those people who feel like I try to be the person I wish people was for me, you know what I mean, because nobody really exposed me to what I was about to get into, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I really went from Holly Grove to Hollywood.
Speaker 17: Like there's literally articles that say from Holly Grove to Hollywood, and I didn't, you know, I had to learn how to grow in that space by myself. So, you know, whenever I see somebody whose career kind of like mimixed, mind a little bit, you know, I try to put them under my wings.
Speaker 2: Show love you lost weight too, man. You know I'd be trying. I'll be trying.
Speaker 17: I'm trying to take a couple of patages out of your book.
Speaker 2: But I mean, my thing thing is bro I just I don't have no desire to be sexy for real, you know what I mean.
Speaker 17: I feel like already identifying sexy, So I don't need a hard ass six pack.
Speaker 2: I don't need all that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And I hate to talk about my coworker, right my coworker feels like he looked like Morris Chestnuts.
Speaker 2: Some times I feel like that mars chessnut feels like I look like mars Chess white but you know what's a line like you like said, he's got mistaken for me?
Speaker 17: That's goddamn maybe Morris all men.
Speaker 2: Question chess No, No, y'all can definitely pass for family show for family on his mom's let's talk about everything is both? What is everything is both? Y'all supposed to be talking about films and stuff?
Speaker 17: I thought, well, see this is this is the beauty, right because we definitely stand in solidarity with with all of our actors, with the writers, because I mean, y'all need to pay us. What are you gonna do without us directors? Hey ya, I can't do it. People believe me.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna find Jason Mitchell in the computer. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 17: But it's beautiful because we could talk about what we did on our own, which makes this so special. You know, me and Bart both producers on this film, so it's like it's dope.
Speaker 2: We definitely stepped it up.
Speaker 17: And we did this during COVID when everybody was like, man, it's crazy, and we could only use skeleton crews and you had to have masks and tests and all this different stuff, like we produced a movie ourselves. Everybody thought we were tripping, but we've been number one for how many weeks.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but major props to the writer who was in the room, Jaquevus Coleman.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, put everything together.
Speaker 5: So well, tell us about everything is both.
Speaker 17: So everything is both. It's an action thrilling you know, a lot of mystery going on. Like we said, it was written by Jaquevis Coleman, and it was just started something beautiful for us, you know, because it was it was the first time I've ever read a book fully through. And I know that might sound crazy, right, but Jaquevis sent me the book and me and him been friends for like eighteen months before we even started doing movies or whatever. But I'm reading his book like damn, and I don't even put it down. I might have took like a bathroom break or something, but I was like, Yo, the book is dope. So one day he came to me and was like, I think I want to turn this into a movie. I'm like, sign me, yeah, you know, so we just start putting it together. He sent me the script. Bar was like, I think I know somebody who would be great to play Scar we called Barton.
Speaker 2: I mean the rest is history, you know, absolutely, yeah, what.
Speaker 3: Does independent films offer you that? You know, the Hollywood ones don't?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: What have y'all gotten from this particular situation that y'all would in someplace up?
Speaker 2: Freedom? Yeah? Freedom?
Speaker 17: Yeah, freedom in a lot of spaces. And also, I mean, like, let's be honest, bro ip, intellectual property is a big deal. Ownership is a big deal. So when you're talking about being one of a few people who getting a check cut and you making your money back in a couple months, like what just happened?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 17: Like it gives you a whole different type of life when you realize you could dig in your own pocket, make your own movie, put it out to your own fans, and really get a check that you've never seen in front of the camera, you know, in these big studio movies. Now, don't get me wrong, you know, I don't have nothing against them.
Speaker 13: You know, as an artist and an actor, we need creative control, you know what I'm saying. So independent projects and working with creatives like your Quavis and being able to produce alongside your friends, you're able to control the character you know what I'm saying, Like, in my experience and acting, that's really important, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So that's my biggest I love that.
Speaker 4: As far as that has to be big, because you know, we've seen you get killed off on two shows. For both of those shows, people loved you as a person, but you can't control what happens exactly and how does it feel.
Speaker 13: Both times you can read the script and be like, well, no more.
Speaker 2: But now it's like yeah, because they'd be like why they keep doing that to you?
Speaker 13: And it's like if only I could tell you you know what I'm saying, But in these independent projects, I ain't too much gotta worry about this.
Speaker 2: When you were doing us bart, Uh, why can't you tell us? Tell us what? Why they keep doing this? But they keep killing you off? Why they keep killing me off? In my opinion, Yeah, I don't know, man, you know what I'm saying. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They got to stop though, they just stop, Yeah, because I feel like there's uh they can be discrimination on on on both sides, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What you mean?
Speaker 3: I just think that sometimes one party can be respected but the other parties wishes can't be respected.
Speaker 13: I leave it at that absolutely. Yeah, yeah, I mean Power Power. I got killed off on Power. You ain't nobody safe on that show.
Speaker 2: You had that.
Speaker 3: You are a major player on that show somebody. People love the character and they still love me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: It's truly respect, you know, like the opportunity, you know what I'm saying, because it's endless opportunities that come from that.
Speaker 2: But you have to watch it. I don't watch my own stuff, period. You know this about me. I don't.
Speaker 17: I don't really like to watch my own stuff. Like I think we will watch it when we have like those screenings or whatever, when they just let the cash see it.
Speaker 13: I'm happy being able to go go six seasons, especially my little brothers, and you know what I'm saying, like Alex, Mikey and Shaman, Like, you know what I'm saying, it's important to see them continue to grow, right.
Speaker 4: Not even straight out of Counting and that because that's all the time.
Speaker 17: That's when I watched it out of Counting like four straight times. I'm not gonna lie, because we had the premiere and then you know, we had we had some moments like that. Was that changed my life, you know what I mean. But like, as I constantly watch it, I'm like, man, I could have did this better. I could have did that better, you know, like the New Orleans accent slipped out heavy at the end when I.
Speaker 2: Was like, no, Doc, please don't tell me. I'm like, damn.
Speaker 17: You know, it's like all kind of spots I look at like them. I could have did a better job in this situation. So I'm I try not to watch my own stuff because I be my worst.
Speaker 2: Cridit, you know.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we got more with Jason Mitchell and Barton Fitzpatricks and don't move.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Morning. Everybody's DJ n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: We're still kicking it with actors Jason Mitchell and Barton fitz Charlamage.
Speaker 3: What was it about this role that y'all connected? Oh man, you want to tell them about the.
Speaker 2: Diner thing, go for it, Go for Yeah.
Speaker 13: We hadn't worked together in a while, and it's refreshing to you know what I'm saying, to be back on set with your homie, you know what I'm saying. Like I said, we're really brothers. So it was just one particular scene. And like I said, Jaquaepas allowed me to come and pretty much direct some of my scenes, you know what I'm saying. Also like incorporate ideas as far as you know the script. But there's one particular scene Jason had to get emotional, and it was like, I know his work, you know what I'm saying, Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, elaborate on take it away.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna just be frank. Actors do not like taking notes from other actors. If you let you, the director, please shut up, you know what I mean. I mean, if it's Denzel or like a Sam Jackson or somebody will probably listen. But at the same time, they know how actors feel, so they would probably never do that exactly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like I just don't give each other notes. It's not a thing.
Speaker 17: But like I'm like three takes in, I'm crying, like I'm like, you know, I'm going through my breathing situation. And he comes to me and he like fighting back tears almost and he's like, bro, how about less sorrow and more shamed? You're ashamed of yourself right now? And I was like, what my brain just unlocked, went to a different place, you know what I mean. And it was like beautiful to have that moment. I was like, Yo, this is dope, and like to think that that's coming from my little homie, Like and we have that energy that we could really run with on set, Like that was fire and like when you watch the movie, when people watch the movie, you're like, man, you really had me crying, bro, But that was that was your boy right here.
Speaker 2: That's dope. Yeah, to direct one of these pieces, Mike, go, what's.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts on to b You seem to be allowing a lot of producers and a lot of independent people to get a shot and to get a chance.
Speaker 13: You know, I'm gonna get to be tatted on my back, like for real, for real the next way.
Speaker 2: That's the next big thing. Thank you to be they giving us. They're giving us.
Speaker 17: An opportunity to boost our confidence to jump into this lane, you know, because I think a lot of times people are under the impression that Hollywood is such a clickish business and they only want to hire their friends and this and that. But the truth is they don't have time to teach you why you on a job, and you know, what I mean. They paying you handsomely to be able to do this job, so you need to know how to do it, you know. So it gives our people this space to be able to go in and get better, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, But at the same time they make it.
Speaker 2: Exactly you know, like it's the only thing to do. Now.
Speaker 3: Like if I was a writer or an actor and Hollywood was doing me dirty, I'll be trying to get sad or someone just to give us a prove to go make these indie movies.
Speaker 17: Yeah, like, bro, listen, I wish I could pull up the numbers to really show y'all, but I feel like I feel like they might you know what I mean, they might be on us too heavy after that. But like we really making your money back that fast? It's crazy exactly said exactly, y'all.
Speaker 2: Got y'all r o I and made profit already exactly.
Speaker 13: But also, man, I'd be still missing that love, you know what I'm saying. I haven't got embraced this much since those days, you know what I'm saying. Season one and two. Now my family is called in friends. Random people stopped me on the street, like for real, nobody.
Speaker 3: Saw them about that. That's a big part of a lot of this, right absolutely, I mean like people want that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And I got two movies trending on too B right now. You know what I'm saying, check out Weyward. If y'all ain't seen that playoff, you know what I'm saying, Serial Killer?
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Did y'all get nervous after the shot? When when y'all left the shot, like as in that Joe might have been black ball, that people wouldn't work with y'all? Were y'all nervous at all? I went from from ten lines. I was only supposed to be in the pilot episode. So to go from that and become a series regular, I was, I hit a stain.
Speaker 2: That's a lick. You know what I'm saying. From the career. We already know that's a lick.
Speaker 13: So it's like I wasn't in in Hollywood, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a pivotal figure.
Speaker 13: I thought like because the show was critically acclaimed, of course it was like endless Jobs. But I realized it's a hit show. But it's still a hit black show. You know what I'm saying, so in these audition rooms in la Oh. I heard of the show, but I never watch, and it's like, really, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, yeah, it got to the point where even now, like the job, you know what I'm saying, that's why.
Speaker 2: You see we doing what we're doing. You know what I'm saying. But I'm very, very extremely nervous.
Speaker 13: Not necessarily blackball or nothing like that, but it's just like man like you to book any you know role period that's like one of the millions. So it's like, yeah, of course even now every day I still worry like what's gonna be the next thing?
Speaker 17: So right for sure, Right like for me, I definitely was nervous, more on the level of like I felt misunderstood when everything popped off, you know, and everything was happening, and I felt very misunderstood because nobody was educating me about my job and about my.
Speaker 2: Newly found fame.
Speaker 17: It was none of that, you know, and only like what like six percent of us are represented behind the scenes as far as like the below the line jobs, it's only six percent of us, So it ain't nobody to put you under their wing or be like oh Nazi, you famoushits.
Speaker 2: How the next ten years of your life gonna go?
Speaker 17: You know, the Jamie Foxes of the world, Ethne Anderson's, you know, Lawrence Fishburns of the world. They'll sit you down and have a nice talk with you, but you don't call them people with your problems, Like, man, what I'm supposed to doing? This happen when I'm supposed to doing this happened. So I felt very much like a fish out of water, and I didn't know who to call. You know, but the last thing you want to do is go back to where you came from. So I was like, man, I just had to start being prayed up every day. Like it just came a thing where I was like, you know what, God, you put me in this position, so obviously you wanted to sit me down, absolutely learn me something real quick, you know what I mean, and put like a whole different crew of people around me.
Speaker 13: And I want to say something real quick. Also, you had asked just to piggyback off that question. I do have people like Lorenz Tate, my you know that's family. Lamar Tate, who actually did always.
Speaker 2: Was on the phone with me.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying, giving me confidence and advice on how to maneuver through it and let me know it's always gonna You know what I'm saying. Every actor has experienced what you're feeling. You know what I'm saying, You're gonna continue feeling like that, So you know what I'm saying. It is a couple people who've been able to talk to, but also season actress one in particularage his name, but he told me to go back and get a security job.
Speaker 2: No, no cap why security? And I like what I like?
Speaker 13: Don't you know, Like I'm still a raw ass actor. I'm sure I'll keep making something. You know what I'm saying, But yeah, I don't know what he was able Go get a security Joe man, tell me to go get it, go work the night shifts, a security job.
Speaker 2: What did you learn in all of that, Jason, when you went through all of that, you was going through.
Speaker 17: Like I said, for one, you let him feed you. You let him starve you too. If you leave yourself vulnerable for some bull to happen, it's gonna happen and through it all because there's difference. There's a difference between being like a male and a man. Right, And I think that what I was going through was was pushing me out of the boys stage and forcing me to be a man like and it just is what it is. Like a lot of times, you know, the issues that you deal with be from the past, you know, like for instance, my dad, you know, he killed himself when I was fifteen years old, right, Like I don't think I knew my father proper really, so I couldn't know God properly. So I had to start fixing that part. And I just had to start growing as a man, surround myself with men, you know. Like I even found a like a Bible study group that's all men called EFL Quit for Life, And we just be in a backyard, you know what I mean. We do like Bible study like three different times a week just in case you miss it.
Speaker 2: You know, they got a little podcast everything rolling.
Speaker 17: But it's like to be around men that hold you accountable and help you point out different issues you may have. Like it was, it was a very enlightening thing for me, you know, because being a father myself, like I want to make sure I'm the best father that I could be.
Speaker 2: But a lot of.
Speaker 17: Times, you know, these generational curses be a real thing because we not acknowledging really what the problem is.
Speaker 2: While I was sitting on top of the world.
Speaker 17: It was to the point really where like I was so busy, Like I was booked till twenty twenty three back then, So I was so busy that like I didn't want to talk business with people when I went out, Like I wasn't never an as or nobody, but like I was very out of touch with what could have been. I could have been thinking, let's do something independent, you know what I mean, Like when when it was falling through like that, I had so much more of a voice, Like like, for instance, bro, look at Charles King absolutely, like look what he's doing with Macro. They clone Tyrone was just a hit, Like mud Bound got nominated for full oscars. We see what happened when you give the right man exactly exactly, when.
Speaker 2: You get it right.
Speaker 17: One't the money, you understand, you see what happens. Great things happen.
Speaker 2: You know, he was just up there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So I feel like, you know, that's another person that inspires me. We're trying to get to that space. We need sixty macros, we need Macro to be just as potent as as universal.
Speaker 3: All right, will move, We got more with Jason Mitchell and Barton Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club this morning.
Speaker 3: And Be and Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: We're still kicking it with actors Jason Mitchell.
Speaker 2: And Bartarn Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne, you're a phenomenal actor, Jason, So it makes me wonder did other actors and actresses reach out to you, because it's like, Yo, you have a mishap or whatever it was, but that don't mean it's over.
Speaker 2: Did anybody reach out you to let you know that well, you know, yeah, a bunch of people.
Speaker 17: Did you know who actually really was was in my corner and really helped me get my mind right With Eastern Ray, she was like, Bro, like you going through the fire right now, and to be honest, you too hot for the people who even love.
Speaker 2: You to you right now. It just is what it is.
Speaker 17: But when that wear off, they're gonna have people on the other shode like you're just going through a storm. Bro, you know what I'm saying. And it's cool, but like when I sit back and look what she's done. She's always had that attitude I'm not gonna let these people tell me what I can and can't do. I'm always gonna exalt myself as a as a beautiful black queen and move like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 17: So when I'm looking at what she done, I'm looking at insecure. I'm looking at the coffee shops.
Speaker 3: I'm like, east of me, please the blueprint in Hollywood. To me, She's mind her business. You know, she puts out dope quality right, you know, she stays above all the mess, no mess about.
Speaker 2: Her like exactly. But still I'm hoping for everybody black, hopefully she can give a job. She checks this inn.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I'm huge anybody that surprised you that that you thought was on your side, or any because you know, or even press that was like how we can't rock with you, A bunch of them, I will not give them.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying names though. Well, see, this is the thing, this is how I really.
Speaker 13: When my brother situation happened, I was at an LA party and it was a group of names.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: Literally, we about to take a big picture, and they said, on the count of three, no Jason Mitchell.
Speaker 2: All black actors so why don't y'all know this? People are jealous in.
Speaker 13: Their haters, Like, like he said, he's real from New Orleans, who didn't instantly hit it on all y'all and became easy the man. You know what I'm saying, a lot of actors who've been doing this way longer than us, the same thing with me. You just out of the gate, your rids from the giant. You're the biggest you know what I'm saying against in TV history.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: I'll say that, but like so they be hating people be waiting for us to follow, like they can't, you know what, especially especially actors, you.
Speaker 17: Know what I'm saying, calling me for jobs now though, and I still give him a job. You want a job, Ernie.
Speaker 2: Somebody think about that, man.
Speaker 3: I know executives who worked there, and they were like, man, it's just the climate.
Speaker 2: They was like, they basically were.
Speaker 3: Like, he he didn't do what people think he did, right, But because of the climate and the way the headlines were, people thought, oh, he's a monster this and that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they got a reil road for sure. They was like it was because of the climate.
Speaker 17: It definitely was. But at the same time, Like, like I said, it was a gard thing for me. That's how I look at it, you know, because nobody could have protected me the way he did. Like even if it was the same position, you know what I mean, it could have been a lot worse for me. It really could have, Like because like Bud said, you know, they got people out there who just they smile your face, you know what I'm saying, But the stabber in the back with a big old knife, you know. So, But I choose to, like say, God, bless y'all. For real, it's easier because it's like to harbor that much negative energy, it's crazy. You can't sleep like and don't don't get it, don't get it twisted. When this first happened, I was so hurt. I felt like they had so many people that I know for a fact could speak up for me and could have said something and could have did something, but they didn't. That's the reality of the situation. Ain't nobody come and save me and all of that. So all I had to look at was like, God, but I'm not about to let nobody live in my head, rent free and have my heart beating fast and me crying myself.
Speaker 2: To sleep, especially when you know you better than a Hey.
Speaker 17: You know that's the thing stopped or Brown from jumping from the front throw line. There's a lot of you know, you could do to hate, but like I'm gonna go off the glass on you every time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it just is what it is.
Speaker 17: Like people thought I was crazy at first when me and Quay first started putting this movie together. Everybody's like chasing you know, be careful. You went through a thing. But it doesn't mean you should start doing black movies.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? What are you talking about? Dont doing black movies.
Speaker 17: I'm sorry that if I want to do a movie with my friends, we just happened to be black, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 13: Because they don't understand if Lebron goes to the Pacers, the Pacers is now a dynasty, you know what I'm saying. I don't understand that when bart and Jason attached to anything, it's going to be a hit. That's what they have to understand, you know what I'm saying. And people in La they died, you know, they don't really see them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. They have people who won't pick it up.
Speaker 17: At first, it was like, all right, that's cool, you know, because we went to Apple and Amazon first and they had you know, but we have good relationships with them too, you know. So like we put it up on those platforms and it did good. But when it was to Toby and everybody started to see it, and the numbers started to climb so high. Everybody about everything is both, we're gonna neet that sequel, Well it take you, you know, just slap that check on the desk.
Speaker 2: We are good.
Speaker 3: Is there anything personally you felt like you needed to change? Even just looking back, just holding yourself accountable. What do you feel like you did wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I feel like I was moving too fast, but I had to learn. I had to learn the hard way. And it's it's cool because now it would never make those mistakes again.
Speaker 2: I'm not living that way.
Speaker 3: When you're black in Hollywood, they don't allow you to make no mistakes exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: They're ready to cancel you.
Speaker 17: And to be honest, that was the only thing that kind of had me bitter for a second was nobody ever put me under their wing and told me that you know.
Speaker 2: If you slimp, they're not gonna let you back in here.
Speaker 17: Because it took me a long time to realize that I was at work even when I was off. You know what I mean, Like as soon as you crossed the threshold of your door, like you at work. This is what you signed up for. You hope that you're giving out the best energy that you can, and you hope that you're leading by example the best way you can. Sometimes it gets tricky. You know, it's more than just wearing black designers. We both got on black design.
Speaker 2: Thank you, shout out the designers.
Speaker 17: Man, this is this is that we shout out to Nikki Ta for putting me in that movie.
Speaker 2: What do you want people to take away from everything? Is both that you and your friends could be number one for one.
Speaker 17: Because I want people to watch the movie. I don't want to tell them too many things because the movie is dope. The movie itself is it's a fast paced thriller that you.
Speaker 2: Know has I mean, Jaquevis Coman wrote it. Like, let's let's be honest.
Speaker 3: If you don't know what Jaquevis Coman is, I don't know what rock you've been under But I'm sure you've read one of his books.
Speaker 17: Right right in the words of the great Little John read a month of book, I mean, but yeah, he definitely put a great spin on it. You're gonna see some great acting. You know, we gave we gave some great opportunities. And uh, there will be a part two. Everybody who keep asking thing, Yes, it's on the way, yes, and yes, we're gonna do the same thing that we did again because the first time we had, I mean, we had so many people auditioned that we have to turn people away. It was it was crazy. But we made some great discoveries. We found some great actors. We got some seasoned actors in there. We also gave a lot of opportunities behind the camera for people to come in and you know, put on for their.
Speaker 2: Brands, put on.
Speaker 17: So we're gonna keep it going. We're gonna keep it going, and we just gonna keep moving forward with it. And you know, we we hope people's love what we do because I ain't gonna lie us. Being number one was unexpected, for sure, it was definitely expect.
Speaker 2: I just want them to know. You just you don't miss when you get Bard and Jay you know, there you go clearly, and that's the truth.
Speaker 4: Everything is both is out right now. Make sure y'all pick it up and we appreciate y'all, right.
Speaker 17: You want to say anything. Oh so I'm also producing another movie right now, the War, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the movie coming on. I believe October.
Speaker 17: But I mean, I'm I'm not one hundred sure i'd be lying, okay, but but yeah, So I started a five o' one c three called Dream Seeker. It's been doing good and we just uh on the last film that that I produced in Oklahoma with Not Oklahoma Orlando with Andrew Vanderhood.
Speaker 2: And the West Miller.
Speaker 17: I got an opportunity to give to student scholarships, so they got to you know, work behind the scenes and pretty much work in every department.
Speaker 2: It was just a really really dope experience. So we're pushing forward with that. Man.
Speaker 17: So so dream Secret is going to train the people and then we'll have the jobs to give them once they finish the training.
Speaker 2: So dope, Well, thank you.
Speaker 13: Sure be sure to check out many killed me if I didn't shout out, Manny Haley, we actually have one.
Speaker 2: I got one hot the shows on BT Plus, right now it is called legacy. I checked out man breakfast Yeah, my god on BT plus BT plus yea. Yeah.
Speaker 13: We about to finish out the season. Many you already know, all right, everything is both too on the way.
Speaker 2: You already know.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club. Is Jason Mitchell, Barton Fitzpatrick. It's a breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. It's j n V.
Speaker 5: Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Happy Monday to Monday, as happy as this Monday can be.
Speaker 2: That's right. Now.
Speaker 5: Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk d Wayne.
Speaker 3: Haskins or you gossip when you chatting?
Speaker 2: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast This is where the tea.
Speaker 4: Spells right right now. Dwayne Haskins, of course, NFL quarterback. He was struck by a car. We reported a couple of months ago. They said allegedly he ran out of gas and he was trying to flag down cars on a highway and he was hit and killed.
Speaker 5: But now they're saying there's more to that story.
Speaker 18: It's not been one year since former NFL quarterback Dwayne Haskins was hit by a truck and killed on a Florida highway, and now a lawsuit has been filed by his widow alleging the star player was quote targeted and drugged as part of a blackmail and robbery conspiracy. The lawsuit is listing multiple people, including the driver who hit him, along with two restaurants, a golf driving range, and a hotel as defendant. A toxicology report found Haskins was legally drunk when he was hit by a truck last to April. He also tested positive for drugs that are used by medical professionals as anesthetics.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, say what, Nott? Yes, so what happened?
Speaker 4: They're saying that there's more to the story. They found alcohol in drugs in his system, and they believed he was drugged and robbed.
Speaker 2: So did he really run out of gas?
Speaker 4: They're not saying they don't know, thanks, but they're saying there's definitely more to the story.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Also Tea Morant, which is John Moran's dad, was at a basketball camp and he was talking to the campus about next up in life, not just playing basketball but also life, and he.
Speaker 5: Mentioned what's going on with his son a little bit.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm covering from thinking for my son though, Like, make sure any time y'all anywhere, you know the capabilities of everybody around him, right.
Speaker 6: That scaud't they get in trouble for the people around him.
Speaker 9: You got in trouble for busincision. So always need you mindful of every decision y'all making it because it's just pretty much take over you. They can consume you and make you think that you who you're not anytime, anytime, y'all everywhere, and they're saying the correct thing any time, y'all everywhere. Just everything is looking at you, Everything is bagging for her. The smallest thing you can do can make your biggest difference in your life.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's amazing advice, right, and I'm sure that he's probably giving that advice to his son. But it's up to you to listen, right, you know, say anybody can tell you anything, you know, but it's up to you to actually listen and apply the things that the ogs are telling you. Yeah, and that was at the up Next Elite camp in New Orleans. If you didn't hear what he said, he was saying, my son didn't get in trouble for his friends. My son got in trouble for the decisions that he made. That's true, which is the truth, and I respect it because that lets me know that he's making his son take accountability.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You can't point the finger at anybody else.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, you are ultimately responsible for your choices, including who you decided to be around.
Speaker 2: That's true. That is true.
Speaker 4: And lastly, your cousin's in news today Chloe Balley and Hallie. Chloe Balley is defending her sister. I guess she's been wearing a lot of bag he closed recently, and people are assuming that she's pregnant, and Chloe's upset about this, and y'all.
Speaker 2: Better keep my sister's name out your mouth. Thank you, Amen, Hallelujo. Trying to get me rabbed the hell up anyways, love you. We don't play no like what the heck? Period.
Speaker 3: So because the person is wearing baggy clothes, now, yeah they're pregnant.
Speaker 2: I thought baggy clothes backing style. Yeah, they say that.
Speaker 5: I believe he's hiding a growing baby.
Speaker 2: Bop.
Speaker 4: So her sister's stepping was like, no, mine, mind your business, keep my sister's name out your mouth.
Speaker 2: I literally thought baggy clothes backing style, aren't they?
Speaker 4: I honestly didn't think about it like that, But yes, they are backing style. Yeah yeah, But I don't know, all right?
Speaker 2: And that is why can't she just be a young girl following your latest trends? Like why did it happen? Like why does it matter? Why?
Speaker 5: But she just want to wear baggy clothes? Like who cares? Like some days my kids wear baggy clothes some days, like who cares?
Speaker 2: Like the internet? I guess you're right. The bloggers. I guess you're right. The people who need content every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you are right. And that is your room or report now, don't kid it? Who are giving that?
Speaker 2: Two? Four after the hour?
Speaker 3: We need two Dallas police officers, actually four Dallas police officers. Two haven't been identified or they haven't released their names, but the other two are James Smith and one.
Speaker 2: Figure Roa Luna.
Speaker 3: Oh, y'all claim to care about America's veterans. Huh, we'll discuss for after that hour, all right, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 2: It don't move.
Speaker 8: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: It's tough to.
Speaker 3: Find that right person, especially when it comes to hiring for an open role. But zip Recruiters matching technology makes it easy to find and invite great candidates to apply to your jobs. Try it for free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash breakfast.
Speaker 2: This is a miracle.
Speaker 6: There is no question that there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 5: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing.
Speaker 2: I'm a black man. Now the new developments in the definite spawshooting rampage.
Speaker 6: Manday.
Speaker 2: It was a really bad day for him and this is what he did, and.
Speaker 7: So we are in a of emergency.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: White supremacist violence is always have been the number one threat to society.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white. The practice club bitches.
Speaker 3: All right, Henny, please tell me why was I your Donkey of the Day. Donkey Today for Monday, August twenty first goes to two Dallas police officers who have been identified as James Smith and Wan Figaroa Luna, as well as two on duty police officers who have not been identified. Now, two off duty police were working security at Serious Pizza and they refused to let it disabled army veteran use the restroom.
Speaker 2: I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to w f AA eight ABC for the report. Police.
Speaker 19: The Dallas Community Police Oversight Borders launched an investigation into several officers. They were caught on bodycam video laughing at a disabled army veteran who accidentally urinated on himself.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 19: Lane says he was refused access to the bathrooms. It's serious pizza in deep elum. Lane was injured in combat in his lower extremities and says he tried to get help from a couple off duty uniform officers by showing them his medical paperwork. He says they brushed him off. He presented his case to the board after internal affairs found no wrongdoing.
Speaker 20: And it's been a constant fight, having to explain myself about my disability just to get assistance from public servants and private businesses while I'm out and about. This battle leads me in constant depression and suicidal at times because of the shame of asking strangers for help.
Speaker 19: Now, Dallas police officials tell us they will also conduct an administrative investigation. We've also reached out the serious pizza and are waiting.
Speaker 2: To hear back.
Speaker 3: This is why when people scream about patriotism and being patriotic, I say, ba humbug. Okay, we live in a country with so many military veterans, a homeless don't have health insurance standing on the corner with signs begging for change, and the folks will drive or right by them.
Speaker 2: Okay, we the people will drive her right by them.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: Imagine fighting for a country but then can't even afford a meal in said country when you get back. But we're talking about being patriotic. Military veterans in this country should be treated like the sart of the earth. They shouldn't have to touch their pockets ever. They should get free top notch health care, free room and board, and they should get some stipend every month to take care of their bills.
Speaker 2: And it should be veteran discounts on everything.
Speaker 3: Now, I know there is military discounts on a lot of things, but in America, there should be a military discount, veteran discount on everything, including utilities. Okay, the disabled, This disabled veteran comes into a pizzeria, shows you his medical paperwork, and you deny him the opportunity to use the restroom, he ends up doing number one and number two on himself, and y'all laugh to me, this is just symbolic of how America treats his veterans. Okay, they just pp and dodo all over their service, but then tell folks who take a knee or don't stand for the Pledge of Allegiance that they are being unpatriotic and they are disrespecting the men and women who sacrifice their life for this country, who serve this country. Really, really, what's more disrespectful taking the knee because you're protesting the injustice that black and brown people faced by some police officers in this country. Are some police officers denying and disabled army veteran entry to a restroom. Huh, making this man use the bathroom on himself and then laughing at him.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, man, you damned if you do, you damned if you don't.
Speaker 3: We've been talking about this little ten year old boy in Mississippi who got arrested because he was peeing outside. This is why people pee outside because they aren't able to get to a restroom in that moment, and sometimes for whatever reason, they go into restaurants and other establishments and.
Speaker 2: Get denied entry. What do you think that reason could possibly be? Huh? Huh?
Speaker 3: What do you think huh? Color the skin maybe maybe possible.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Look, if restrooms for customers only, I understand You're not gonna sit here and tell me there aren't exceptions to every rule. And if a disabled Army veteran isn't an exception, I don't know what it is, all right, Harry Truman once said, a debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our own undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices. Harry, it will trouble you, okay, to know that America has clearly forgot. Please give officers James Smith, Wan figure Rowa Luna, and the two officers who haven't been identified the biggest.
Speaker 21: He huh, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Don't just show respect to veterans on Veterans Day.
Speaker 4: People just decide, no, quick question, how many times have you been denied going to the bathroom?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, you go to a department store. You go to the store and you be like, hey, I gotta use the bathroom. It'll be like, no, the bathroom is only for workers.
Speaker 5: That happened. That happens a lot.
Speaker 3: It's happened a few times, especially let's say about it, especially the city.
Speaker 4: So like, in a situation like that, you try to do it right, you try to go to the bathroom. There's been many times and they'll be like, well, the restroom's only for workers, and I wouldn't be after that.
Speaker 3: I've denied myself being that, uh, you know, if I see the bathroom sometime most of the time it'll stay employees only, and I'll be like, oh, I'm not an employee, so I don't even bother to ask.
Speaker 2: You know, I've denied myself.
Speaker 4: Because in certain situations, even with kids and you, I mean you have for I got six, you know that there is no hold it sometimes sometimes when they gotta go, is they gotta go?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: All right, Well thank you for that, donkey today, sir, Yeah, sat peace, p e.
Speaker 2: T everybody else.
Speaker 4: Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Joe Coy was here on Friday, and we had an interesting conversation about kind of moving on, and he said that him and is a baby mother.
Speaker 5: They live across the street from each other.
Speaker 4: He actually bought the house across the street so he could be closer to the kids.
Speaker 22: We were divorced for a reason, but we're we're great friends. And she's a great mom and I'm a great dad, and together we were raising a great son.
Speaker 5: He bought a house across the street, house right right next to the mine.
Speaker 2: We will look out the window to see what they do.
Speaker 22: And like you, no, I don't care, man, And every great moment that happens with me, I fire out.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 22: When I did Madison Square Garden, of course I'm not just gonna share that moment with my son. I want his mommy there as a well though.
Speaker 3: Is it a deal breaker if you're if you're involved with another woman and they are like intimidated by.
Speaker 2: The done by Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 22: The minute you you give any type of hate or anything on my son's mommy, it's like going take care and have a nice have a bad day.
Speaker 4: But let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let me start with you, Charlamaine. Are you that mature? Could you do that?
Speaker 2: Could I do that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't even want to think about it a scenario like that, but uh yeah, I'm not that mature. I respect what Joe Cooy is doing because he's putting parenting I get it over dating, yep, you know, and in any relationship that he could have. He's denying himself in a lot of ways because what if he likes a woman, but you know that woman doesn't like the arrangement that he has with the mother of his child. But he's saying, Okay, well you got to go. Because I care about parenting and you know the mother of my child more. I respect it, I understand.
Speaker 4: But across the street, like look out the window and see I.
Speaker 2: Mean, if you got the money to do it, I respect it.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I contributed to that money because I bought a bunch of Joe Coy's merchandise last week. I seen, okay, I seen after after he come if you're shaming me for no damn reason, well, I mean, that's the least you should do. Buy some of his mercher because you don't go to none of his shows, going to the show I bought the mercy where to go to his show that I'm going to on November ten, forty eleventh.
Speaker 4: And you at attack to put it on the stay on the couch. That's that's you. No, that's stupid. Who get dressed up and lay on the couch. Nobody does that. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's open up the phone lines.
Speaker 5: Could you do that?
Speaker 4: Could you uh live across the street from your your ex.
Speaker 5: And be cool with it and be fine with it and look out the blind so.
Speaker 2: The people's going in there, I'm just asking. I'm still not even if we've been broken.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm not mature across the street, maybe down the block.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: If it's about the kids and the parent my children, yes, I could absolutely do.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about it. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club the morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 23: It's topic time bought eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Wanting everybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ Envy Charlomagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club nephew just joining us. We're talking about Joe Coy. He was here Friday, comedian Joe Coy. You know the one that Charlomage doesn't go to any of his shows. Yes, he was here Friday talking about his relationship with his baby mom's his ex, and how he bought her a house across the street.
Speaker 22: Let's listen, we're divorced for a reason, but we're great friends. And she's a great mom and I'm a great dad, and together we were raising a great son.
Speaker 5: He bought a house across the street, house right right next to your mind you yeh, they.
Speaker 2: Will look out the window to see what they doing.
Speaker 22: Like, No, I don't care, man, And every great moment that happens with me, I flyre out, you know what I mean. When I did Madison Square Garden, of course I'm not just gonna share that moment with my son.
Speaker 5: I want his mommy there as a well though.
Speaker 3: Is it a deal breaker if you're with if you're involved with another woman and they are like intimidated by her done by wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 22: The minute you you give any type of hate or anything on my son's mommy, it's like.
Speaker 5: Gone, take care of having have a bad day.
Speaker 4: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, could you do that? I'm not that mature I tell you that there's no way that my ex, somebody that I've had a relationship with, or a child with the somebody that I love, lives across the street.
Speaker 2: I'm not there yet, thank God, I don't have to think about that.
Speaker 4: But I just I don't think I could look out my blinds and see somebody walking in the crib like I couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Charlemagne, you said you could.
Speaker 2: If it was about the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because at the end of the day, nothing comes before me being a great parent. And you know as well as I do when it comes to children. Man, you have to micromanage kids, you know. You have to, you know, be on top of them every moment of the day, especially.
Speaker 2: When they're when they're younger.
Speaker 3: So for me, I don't personally have a problem with him and the mother couldn't work out.
Speaker 2: And Joe Koy has the money.
Speaker 3: Clearly he does, because I spent I bought four items off his website and there was three hundred dollars for his merchandise, So clearly he's making the money.
Speaker 2: Yes, So if you got the money to where you can have the mother of.
Speaker 3: Your child in the same neighborhood as you or you know, right next door, and it's all about raising the kids.
Speaker 2: I personally don't have a problem with it. Hello, who's this TJ from Atlanta? Hey, TJ from Atlanta? Talk to us?
Speaker 11: Hey man, I think he said that because.
Speaker 9: It sounded good on the radio.
Speaker 2: What you mean to.
Speaker 6: Keep his wife happy?
Speaker 1: You say something good, you know, keep your wife happy on the radio.
Speaker 2: That's not that's his baby mom.
Speaker 1: Well his baby mom to keep her happy. But what would you got to keep the female happy?
Speaker 2: Would you do it? TJ?
Speaker 9: But I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can do it in twenty twenty three like that. I know, y'all get to be married for a minute, so the same female saint, they ain't the same these days.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how long Joe Coy and his baby mama have not been together, right, you know what I'm saying? Like they could have been not been together for a while, and you know those feelings of love and romantic stuff is over true and it's all about the child.
Speaker 2: And if that's the case, I respect it. John. What up?
Speaker 9: John?
Speaker 6: You know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Fellas?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 2: You said you living that life? Right now?
Speaker 1: I'm living that life right now, man, I think that's the greatest thing. I think it's very wise for you to, you know, be next door to your baby moms. Man, any opportunity to be around your kids closer is the way to be.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: I'm not as fortunate enough to have that opportunity to have a living next door, but if I did, man, she would be.
Speaker 2: How long have you all been broken up?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: My Frona's fifteen, so we've been broken up fifteen years. We went through the through the turbulent in the beginning, but then we realized that it ain't worth the headache and Evan since we clicked in and figured it out, Parrathon is the way to go. I mean, ain't you know stress?
Speaker 2: But you live across the streets from each other's at We don't.
Speaker 1: We look like two minutes away from each other.
Speaker 2: But that's the difference.
Speaker 4: Two minutes away I ain't mat at but right across the street you see everything that's going I don't.
Speaker 3: Need to see everything, mind your business. And you do need to see everything in regard to your children.
Speaker 5: Not your baby moms though.
Speaker 3: But you ain't paying attention to her because that's not what you're concerned. Is your concerned as the child?
Speaker 5: Ain't that mature? Margareine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, good morning, Good morning. So we're talking Joe Coy in the fact that he purchased a house across the street for his ex.
Speaker 2: Could you do that? What's your thoughts on it?
Speaker 24: I honestly, I couldn't do it right. But if I'm in a relationship, or if I'm in a situation where my ex husband were broken up and it's not like a bad breakup, it's amicable, we're both mature about it, I don't see a problem.
Speaker 21: I wouldn't do it that way for him to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all do realize this ain't y'all.
Speaker 3: Do realize this ain't about y'all and y'all little ashy relationship y'all had. This is about that beautiful little child that y'all created.
Speaker 24: No, No, no, because because if there's an issue between me and this person that I now you know, divorced, to go back, right.
Speaker 21: So, if there's an issue, I don't want you to be directly across the street from me. If we're gonna be you know, ridiculous about it, we cannot be you know, mature. Then no, and then on another note, nobody said it was mature when Kanye did it, knowing what's going around that word.
Speaker 2: When Kanye did it, Well, Kanye is not mature. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think Kanye did it to raise the kids. I think he was doing Patty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. Yeah, I don't think I mean it was I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't say why Kanye did what he did, but I know Kanye was attempting to do it. And I think because of the fact that we saw how volatile it seemed like that relationship was being on social media.
Speaker 2: It was attacking him in the media, That's my point.
Speaker 3: So when he did that, it seemed like, Okay, this is going this is stalking, this is going too far right. It's not like we saw him having a pleasant relationship amongst each other in the media.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five five, one oh five one. If he just joining us, we're talking about Joe Koy, comedian. He stopped through Friday and uh, he actually purchased his ex his baby mom's a house across the street.
Speaker 2: Could you do that?
Speaker 5: Let's discuss it's the breakfast club. Come on, it's topic time called.
Speaker 23: Eight hundred and five five five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about Joe Coy. He was here on Friday and he was talking about his relationship with his ex, his baby moms and the fact that he purchased.
Speaker 5: Her a home across the street. Could you do that?
Speaker 2: That is the question.
Speaker 4: I'm not that mature. I couldn't do that. I'm looking out the window.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the reason that doing the street you could for the kids, because keep in mind, that's the main thing we got to keep in mind about this Joe Coy situation.
Speaker 2: They're doing this for the child.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 2: This is about the child. You could do it for the child.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this Hi? Hey, Justine, good on and talk to us.
Speaker 1: I live in a building with my ex. So it's okay to live the street from your ex. If you guys get along.
Speaker 4: Got you so you you never had no problems. Everything's been good. You know where your kids are. Your kids can go from Florida floor.
Speaker 6: Yes, everything is fine.
Speaker 21: Got five children, thirteen grandchildren, so we.
Speaker 1: Do everything together.
Speaker 2: I respect it, even.
Speaker 11: Though he has a dumps right, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh what that means, I ain't your business?
Speaker 3: See but see you see that the fact that she said it is.
Speaker 1: Her business, my business.
Speaker 10: She come up with a business.
Speaker 21: I did not go up stairs.
Speaker 11: I say, I load it up and I go about my business.
Speaker 2: Respect.
Speaker 1: We've been together for like thirty.
Speaker 21: Years, but we've built up last year.
Speaker 22: But we live in the same builing.
Speaker 1: Gona be good.
Speaker 3: Does a girlfri look better than you?
Speaker 2: No, she's though. Okay, you're proud of him. Yeah, he's a d J.
Speaker 15: He's doing his thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing this thing. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. She is the girl she acuted it.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, she's cute, but she ain't better. When the black person say they doing their thing, they're hating.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: They hating.
Speaker 2: They don't want to make it. See they don't want to seem like a hater, but they hate a little DJ doing this thing.
Speaker 5: They little DJ make a little money, got a little girl.
Speaker 2: Helloa, this this is blood from Temple Blair. What's up, brother?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 6: He's show on the subject. Man, I feel like joor Coy should uh, let's be a big mama go.
Speaker 11: I mean like you should want to be where to want to have that close.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't agree with that, I really don't. I think it's all about the child. Man, that's your child. The child should come before anything. I don't care what happened in y'all relationship between y'all two. If y'all got children, children come before anything else.
Speaker 1: Hey want it?
Speaker 2: Good morning on Nica. What's your thoughts on it?
Speaker 3: An?
Speaker 11: If I had that.
Speaker 24: Type of money, I would love to get a house.
Speaker 4: Though to my kids for or you would just prefer the house on the kid's father. You don't care where it is though.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, I'm not a situation.
Speaker 24: I've been if not, and I just feel like it's not working out.
Speaker 11: Bet for the kids say, I still want them to be close.
Speaker 21: I don't want to be enemy.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, mama. Hello?
Speaker 6: Who's this man?
Speaker 9: How you going?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: John talks to us?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts? Brother? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think it's awesome that he's doing that.
Speaker 15: All.
Speaker 9: I feel like, if you have a maize.
Speaker 11: And why not I mean, your family is important.
Speaker 9: You know, your kids, it's the most important thing.
Speaker 10: I mean, in anybody that comes into your life after the fact, I mean they had.
Speaker 9: To fall in play.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, brother. So what's the moral of the story?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: The moral of the story is everybody needs to have more emotional intelligence.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Remember, it's not about you. It's about the goddamn children.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: This is not about you and how you feel about this person moving on and this person having people in and out of the house. It's about you and that child, because that's the only reason you would be.
Speaker 2: Doing this to begin with.
Speaker 3: I'm doing this because you want to micromanage your kids.
Speaker 2: And I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: So let's say, let's say your girl has a house across the street, right and you're looking at the blinds and the real Morse Chestnut walks in the house.
Speaker 2: How that gonna make you feel?
Speaker 3: I would wonder why more is Chestnut cheating on his way? I would wonder why tomorrow, I would wonder why Mar's Chestnut is all of a sudden stepping out on his long term hit, long time booth that he's had. You know what, you know, Mars has been married for a long time. Right, Oh my good, I don't even know why you would do that after that man. All right, well we'm sorry Mars that he would just throw you in a hypothetical situation because we know black men don't cheap, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: What this problem likeness. All right, when we come back, we got your room of report. We gotta talk Cardi B. We'll tell you what her thoughts on the hurricanes and earthquakes happening in La.
Speaker 2: They don't move us to breakfast Club Morning, the breakfast Club Morning, everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast Club. I just want to send.
Speaker 4: A saluteed happy birthday to Chris, our guy appair.
Speaker 3: Flue to our guy Chris Man dropping the clues bombs with Chris, because Chris will drop a bomb on you.
Speaker 5: With yes, no, that is that is correct. Yeah, he's he helps us up here at the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Is our guy?
Speaker 5: All right, but let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Cardi B.
Speaker 3: Or you gossip chatting is the rumor report?
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells, right.
Speaker 4: Right, now, it seems like California has been getting hit crazy with these tropical storms and earthquakes a right now. Tropical Storm Hillary hit over the weekend and Cardi B was in California and she was scared shook by this earthquake in tropical storm. So she got on her Live and this is what she said, Connie.
Speaker 20: That earthquake will be the club.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was very, very distruct by it. In Charlamagne. You just showed me pictures of how nasty it was out there.
Speaker 3: I mean, if that's a real picture, you can never tell on the internet nowadays that I mean. But there was a picture of a Dodger Stadium and it looks like Dodgers Stadium is surrounded by a lake. But once again, I don't know if that's really not correct and it's just on the internet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, like they said, they said, the worst is yet to happen out in South California. So if you do have family members out there, give them a call. And if you're out there, you're listening, and just be safe, be as safe as you can. They're telling people to stay inside, stay indoors. Now, Boozy Badass, a fan came up to him and wanted a picture, but Boosey said no because you had to do doo.
Speaker 2: I gotta doodoo right now.
Speaker 17: As soon as I do, you find me some tissue you got bro, I fight t find me some tissue.
Speaker 3: I'm taking picture there back, I got it.
Speaker 2: I can't take no picture right now.
Speaker 3: There's no criteria for what becomes news nowadays. Huh nah, I just I just find that for like anything can be a headlined out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. On this great show, boom boo boosy. Boosy had the boo boo.
Speaker 5: Yeah Boosy had the boobo shout out the boosy.
Speaker 4: And lastly, uh, Terrence Crawford was on Joe Rogan and talked about fighting.
Speaker 5: You remember Canelo was up here last week and.
Speaker 4: Talked about if he would fight Terrence Crawford, what would need to happen?
Speaker 25: You know, Like he say if he beat Jerymanta, and everybody's gonna say, yeah, it's just moll.
Speaker 11: And this and that.
Speaker 25: So it's the same thing I respect her for. He's a good fighter, but wint noth different.
Speaker 3: Waits that's a mega fight though, Canelo like that's kind kind of like the last big mega fight out there, right, I can whether you do what I say, a small bud comes up to one sixty eight, you'd consider it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, you do it? Yeah, one sixty eight sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Well, Terrence Crawford was on Joe Rogan and they talk about that if he would come up to one sixty eight.
Speaker 26: So you said sixty eight, but you you mean fifty four, right, No, sixty eight.
Speaker 2: You want to go up to sixty eight. So who would you try to sixty eight? Canalo if he yeah, if he win, or Charlote the winner. I want that would be crazy. I want to be three times undisputed. Your goal was to go up and become undisputed in.
Speaker 26: Three different something that never been done before, right, and you know it's greatness. Like I said, this is my error and I'm taking it. Ain't nobody gonna stop me.
Speaker 2: Then you're in like the greatest of all time discussion. I'm already in them discussions.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at it because Terrence Crawford and Canelo Albarez are both already home. Okay, they have both legends there in the hall, already on the wall already, and.
Speaker 2: Terrence needs to get paid.
Speaker 3: There's there's not a lot of massive, big money fights out there for Terrence Crawford. Like the mega fight that would make him the most money is against Canelo Alvarez. And I want to see Bud get paid. Canelo already got tons of money, all right, Terrence hasn't you know.
Speaker 2: Made those bags bags bags? Yet?
Speaker 3: I want to see him get that bread. And not to mention, man, you're chasing greatness on a different level. You go up, you know, would that be two weight classes?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: I think three weight classes like the one sixty eight from one forty seven. Gaining twenty plus pounds to fight Canelo Alvarez.
Speaker 2: I'm with it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question, as a as a casual boxing fan, how difficult is it to gain you know, ten to fifteen pounds when.
Speaker 2: It comes to boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ain't even got to be a casual boxing fan ask that question. That's just a life question. Do you ask yourself how hard it would be to gain twenty pounds of muscle? Even with the trainers and nutritionness and everything else, you got to put on twenty pounds of muscle? I mean, because myself, I feel like a good week and in the South somewhere I put on the gray a great ten pound.
Speaker 2: Muscle, though you put on ten pounds of fat.
Speaker 4: But to see you would think that you know, with the training, the supplements and all that it would be.
Speaker 2: Can you so many supplements because you get tested.
Speaker 3: You gotta put on twenty pounds of muscles the right way, the healthy, clean way.
Speaker 2: Yes it's difficult. He can do it. Craft could definitely do it. But yes it's difficult.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Well that is your rumor report, all right.
Speaker 4: Now up next, we got the People's Choice Mixed eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. Also got to remind you my car show six days away. My last car showed the year. Of course, it's in New York. It's not in Atlantic City.
Speaker 5: This year.
Speaker 4: We have it close to New York, fifteen minutes from the city. And I can't wait to see you guys. Of course, all types of cars, amusement, rides, games, this music. It's gonna be a fun family event. So if you want to bring your kids, bring them on out. Kids five and under are free. All right, let's get to the mix. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Looking to turn a small bet into a big payday.
Speaker 4: With DraftKings Sports Book Same Game Parlay, you can I get more cash when you can buy multiple vets from one game. Download the app, sign up with code Envy and get a special offer.
Speaker 5: Restrictions apply.
Speaker 4: See DraftKings dot com Slash sports Book for details. Morning, everybody, It's DJ NV Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: I want to salute again to the students at VSU Virginia State University HBC out in Virginia. I got a chance to speak with them over the weekend freshman orientation, So just telling them about the things that you know that they should expect their freshman year in college. So salute to all those students. To salute to all the students at HBCUs. I know college is starting this week's to salute to you guys.
Speaker 3: That's right, man. I want to salute to my guy, Doug Melville. Doug Melville is my man. He's got a book coming out on my book in print, Black Privileged Publishing. It's called Invisible Generals and Invisible Generals. We were talking about veterans earlier man during Donkey of the Day, So Invisible Generals tells the story a true story of America's first black generals, Benjamin o' davis Senior and Junior, a father and son who helped integrate the American military and create the famous Tuskegee Airman. So Doug Melville's book comes out November seventh, but it's available for pre order everywhere you buy books now, man So, Amazon, Bonds, and Nobles everywhere.
Speaker 2: And I want to salute to my guy Jez too.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Jez's book Adversity for Sale was the number two book hardcover non fiction on the Wall Street Journal. It was top ten overall hardcover nonfiction on the Wall Street Journal. It was number fifteen on the USA Today's Bestseller book List, and it was the number one book Audible on Audible for Arts and Entertainment.
Speaker 2: So salute to JIZI for having a.
Speaker 3: Great first week of book sales. Absolutely, salute to my guy Jeez. All right, now, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club, Good morning, owning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's dej nv Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. You guys, have a great day and be safe out there again. Salute to all the college students I know college starts. A lot of the students today's logan's first day in college are wishing the best luck Big logan, Yes, big logan. All right, and now you've got a positive note.
Speaker 3: I do have a positive note, man, and the positive note is simply, this is Monday. Please remember that some people are in grid mode, waking up to day to hustle. Some people are in healing molde They waking up the day to unpack trauma. Some people are in mental health mold, waking up wherever they feel like it. Point is, none of us are waking up to the same day, but everyone is doing what they need to do to keep going. Happy Monday, y'all.
Speaker 2: Breakfast club, y'all, finish for y'all.
Speaker 6: Done,