Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Bill Courtney with an army of normal folks. Let's now continue with part two of our conversation with Tianni Shoemaker Clyde from Little Miracles. Right after these brief messages from our general sponsors, we returned asking Tianni what's the payoff for all of her effort with Little Miracles.
Speaker 2: Gosh, you know, when I went into it, I was really hoping the families were going to be my focus. Like this Julie Warner, I really hope this makes a difference for her family and that she really likes her house and her cute stuff we got. I mean, this is nice stuff, you know, and these kids feel special because people took time to learn about them and made Really there's talented people, and a lot of people know how to do stuff, and I would paint murals and do all kinds of cool things and get experiences for the family to look forward to later we'd have this and I thought, Wow, that's that's going to be amazing to help families. But what I realized very quickly was the real people's lives that were changed through this were the volunteers.
Speaker 1: So I have said a thousand times that giving is so much more food for the soul, for the giver than the receiver. And it is such and it is imperative to me that over the course of the life of our podcast here and as we gain more and more listeners and people hear us that they understand that the payoff is you get a thousand times someone out of it, then you put into it.
Speaker 2: Oh and you hear that, you hear that that's a cliche.
Speaker 1: It is cliche. I guess that was just cliche's crap. So true, No, but.
Speaker 2: You get it. But I thought I knew that, but until I experienced it, and I and I watched what was happening to people, and I heard them tell me things, Hey, this gave me purpose. I didn't know about this, but it saved my life.
Speaker 1: So when you were walking through the lobby of the Things to Do place, you picked up a pamphlet and you said, oh, here's something we can do. Right, Yeah, it was just right there. It was all spelled out for you. Everybody told you how you did it, and there were the rules. And I mean, obviously I'm being facetious, but the point is, so many people say to me, Bill, I'd love to help, but I don't know how well I want to be. I'm just a normal guy or a normal lady, and I want to go do something nice for people, and I don't know how. And they're looking for a pamphlet in the lobby that tells them how to get there, and that pamphlet doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why that song so powerful, because there's a line in there where David Archiletta says, and you will know how to let it ring out, and people around you will start to wake up too. And it's so powerful because I felt that I didn't know what I was doing, but I felt something, and I'm just going this direction and I figured it out as I went, and then everyone else around me started figuring it out, and it was a little different. And that line in that song is so powerful because you know, how do I not book that camera, I'd probably still be talking about doing it someday, pois.
Speaker 1: Down to this. You saw and felt the need, and you got off her and you filled it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't. I mean, most of the time I thought, what am I doing? I'm not qualified for that. I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Qualifications are you supposed to I mean there, I don't think there's a certification for going and helping another human vision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's not. I just, you know, you think I should know more about how nonprofits work? Is this okay to I don't know what I'm doing, but it was just start and you'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna say it again. Eighteen twenty seven volunteers, eighty six family served, twenty seven community serves, ninety eight one hundred and forty four volunteer hours since twenty thirteen, four families a year served for nine straight years from someone who doesn't have the first clue what she's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfect, nor a dime of money to go hof of. Really, I mean, you're.
Speaker 1: Just a normal person doing something good for their community. And the premise that started this entire podcast is that I don't think that our society's problems will ever be solved by the people in DC and New York and LA on Fox and on CNN talking big words with lots of syllables that I can't pronounce or understand. Yeah, I don't think our problems will ever be solved by them, but rather just an army of normal folks seeing a need in their communities and saying hey, I think I want to try to help fill that and then just figuring it out and go on and do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what, We're all in this together. And that's the powerful part about this too, is community. A lot of people are longing to be a part of something and to feel like they can make a difference.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, what did that first mom that you did something for? What did she do? On the ensuing? Well, what we call them projects? What do you call these things?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We call them little miracle projects?
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, what did she do as the other little miracle project started?
Speaker 2: Guess what she has probably been? She's been to almost not every almost every single project as a volunteer. As a volunteer, how.
Speaker 1: Many of your volunteers have been once served? Well, I mean not in every single one of them, but.
Speaker 2: Almost almost every family at some point. We don't always we have the big projects, and we do smaller things at Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I never want people to feel, oh, it's one more thing you it's part of the.
Speaker 1: You have to I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: They all most of our army is now the community of one had been served and you know what's been amazing about that for the kids we've had kids. I have it on video somewhere. I have one of these beautiful girls. Her father was played football, had head injuries. Was he committed suicide, he'd had some very traumatic.
Speaker 1: Brain probably but some of the stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but very loving wife and family and just had a horrible moment there. And we did a little project for this family and they couldn't wait to do it for other families. And one time a news guy showed up. It was snowing, and he said, what are all these kids doing here? I said, go talk to one and he happened to grab one of the girls who we had done a project for when her dad committed suicide, and he said, what are you doing here on a cold day? White goes out here work, She goes, well, because my dad died, and a bunch of people came and helped me, and it felt so good. We just want to come and do this for other kids. And you know, we've had other kids whose dads have committed suicide, and you see these kids being little mentors, little friends, support like, hey, I've been there, you know, And I never imagined all of that. I never imagined what it could do for that type of situation, because I was hoping that moms would know, hey, we get it, we're here for you. But to have these kids in such traumatic situation then find purpose in their pain and their struggle to say hey, it's okay, We've been there and I know what that's like, and.
Speaker 1: It's happening really is a serious little miracle.
Speaker 2: It is. It's a trickle effect. It's a ripple effect. I can't comprehend how many lives it's touched because of that aspect of it.
Speaker 1: So the mom and the kids are off on their special day and you just send on their house and you're saying that there's seventy to one hundred people, right, I'm just wondering if I'm you know, Fred nextdoor neighbor and all these people show up, people got to come out and going, what in God's name are you people doing here? Right? I mean yes, because it's not like it's a kind of a surprise. I guess what's happening, So you're not what happens in the neighbors.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's actually such a cool part of this whole thing that, again I didn't picture going in. I didn't even think about that going in. We learned pretty quick. We got to let the neighbors know because we want this to be a good, happy thing, right, and they're going to be annoyed if cars are parking on their yard and doing all this.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and you got a paint or dj going to be pretty.
Speaker 2: So we learned real quick. And we have all these kids showing up. We also realize, you know, there's a quote of like the happiest person at the end of the day is the tiredist or something like that. Like you don't want people coming and just standing around, right. We're very organized about what we have, you know, for volunteers. You know, some people have assignments ahead of time, but there's a lot of people that show up. We need things for them to do. We got to keep them busy. We got to keep kids busy. So one thing is we do have little flyers that go out prior to a few days before telling the neighbors what's going on, and we tell them we welcome them to come to the Welcome Home and come welcome their neighbors back, whether they know them or not. Five o'clock on Saturday, come on over, wear red and welcome your neighbors home. And then the day of we also have a whole committee where we have these old jars. We call them change for change and partly just to get the kids out of the way but have them being involved. Sure, they're going around the neighborhood and we let them talk, so they're getting the experience of like ring the doorbell. You know, we got people who are fun with kids. No, we're talent it. This is what we're doing. And actually they beg a little probably, well, they have the jar there, do you want to contribute it? What about you know, can we shovel your drive or can we pull some weeds? We just make up something that they can do for a neighbor, right, really yeah, because it's it's for the whole neighbor. And then we'll say we'll come to the come meet your neighbors. Now. That's pretty cool because it lets the kids get involved, be doing things, and also helps the neighbors kind of gain this momentum feeling what are you guys doing? Like, it's kind of fun. It's cool to see what happens because a lot of people don't know their neighbors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so true.
Speaker 2: And you know what, it's been amazing.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. It gets them out of the house and then they have something common to talk about that nobody can disagree about. Doing something kind for your neighbor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what to say, Hey, did you know this is a single mom she has cancer? Oh, I had no idea. I see her out she seems you know, but I don't really know where will come meet her, you know. And then they get to see the process. You know, maybe they a lot of have never been in the house, but they see what it's like in the beginning of the day and they see this miracle unfold and they want to be a part of it. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a really a good fel That's a feel good scene. I mean, I'm going into all the Every story has conflict, every story has resolution, every story has meet and it's not always you know, fairy tales, and we've talked about some of that today, But that really is a beautiful scene.
Speaker 2: Oh the neighbors out there, because then we say, okay, you know, we're passing the torch, you know, like we want to be there for but it's neighbors, you know, look out for each other. No your neighbor has cancer.
Speaker 1: So the neighbors end up meeting each other through this process too.
Speaker 2: A lot of times that's crazy. And one day it was so cool because we had been there. No one knew this woman she did have cancer. They they she's nice and way, but she's quiet and didn't tell anybody. She didn't want the pity. In fact, one of the cool things. I've had to talk a lot of people into letting us do this for them because it's it's uncomfortable, loud.
Speaker 1: They don't want to fill recipients of service.
Speaker 2: They don't want to feel like the pity right, or let people know their vulnerabilities or whatever.
Speaker 1: The vulnerability. Yeah, that's what it's pride and vulnerabilities.
Speaker 2: So that's a big part of it too. I wasn't expecting and that's where it's so beautiful. When someone else has been served, they sometimes come along if I'm having a hard time, you know, getting them to if I feel really strong about doing you know, and I'll say, you know, can people are just begging for it? Will you just get them off my back? Can we just do this for well, you know, okay, you know, And then having someone else say they did it for me to. I know, it's kind of funco but it's so awesome. And then you get to come do this and they're like more excited about that, you know, and that's who you want to serve, right, It's not as fun when someone's like, I need this, I need It's there's a lot of people out there who need help, but they don't want to say that. And we don't want them to feel like we just got you don't.
Speaker 1: Want them to feel beholden. No, I don't want them to feel ashamed.
Speaker 2: No, And we and we are little phrase we say, hey, it's just your turn. It's because they'll say, but no, someone else needs it more than me. Oh I know, Oh no, no, not us. We're okay, We're okay. No, I know you're okay, but it's just your turn. It's just your That's how it is. That's what And so yeah, that part is awesome. This particular woman, she it took me a little while to convince her to let us do it, but you know what, she's this mom warrior. Amazing. They had like raw subfloor, oh gosh, and they didn't have a couch and she, oh, we're fine, we're floor sitters. We like the floor. We're fine, We're fine, That's what she told me. But of course we got our couch, got her new flooring, and she messaged me one day after coming home from chemo, I thought, we liked the floor, but this couch is so amazing. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: How many kids did she She had three kids and she was going through cancer cancer. What were kids ages?
Speaker 2: Well, she had there were two that were like, oh, fourteen, fifteen ish, real close, and then she had a younger like three.
Speaker 1: Or four years old, has cancer cancer.
Speaker 2: Neighbors didn't know. But that one was a cool one too, because this one particular family with little kids. They were there all day. They were so excited for them, but they didn't really know her. They said, we didn't. They lived across the street, and they were there all day, helping, helping, helping, working hard. They were so excited to meet them and show them everything. And then it was so cool about that. The next day, it was a Sunday, I was at the amusement park in town. It was my daughter's birthday. I was exhausted from this whole thing. But I'm at this lagoon, this big giant amusement park and this little girl comes running over to me. She goes, I saw you went the miracle yesterday. And I was like, she called it the miracle. It was the little girl across the street. And I was like, oh, yeah, you know, I said high And her mom came over and she goes, oh, we were at Jessica's this morning. We moved all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh now it's Jessica.
Speaker 2: Anyway out there one o'clock. I said, you've already You didn't know her yesterday and you were there helping her move the last of the garbage that was out, like calling that away for her this morning. But before noon. That was like a moment for me, like I was like, just man, one more, the long list of little little miracles that there. I was like, Wow, that's that is what it's all about. That it's all about neighbors just helping each other out.
Speaker 1: That's what an army of normal folks is supposed to look like. And it doesn't matter if you're sixty or five. Yes, exactly, We'll be right back. We return now to Tianni and my question of whether she's proud of what they've accomplished.
Speaker 2: I'm thankful. I'm so thankful.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel.
Speaker 2: Here's why I feel I'm sometimes the mouthpiece. There are people who the minute List, the childers. The minute I told her about this, I didn't even know she's all in. There have been people that are there that there's so many more that I feel like I don't. I don't like to be always the mouthpiece for it, because even though I always say I'm never gonna it's why I'm like, hopefully you're not a serial killer inviting me out here, but like, this is my love language. I'll talk to anybody, if youth group, somebody in Memphis, what do you want to talk? I don't ever want to turn it down. But I also it's so much bigger.
Speaker 1: For real, my husband, he's a producer. It's worse than a serial killer to come out here. I'm coming. I was going with it. If you just put your headset back on and shut up is not a sal shut up up. Well, so, so there's one more little miracle we got to discuss, yeah, which is, uh, somebody made an honest woman of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine that how that happened? Well, you know, it's funny because I have found so much purpose through little miracles. I remember saying to people.
Speaker 1: And you're still doing I mean, this is a side gig. You're still raising your kids, run running the real estate gig and all that. And so you said earlier, you know, I just really wanting time for some dude to come and complete your life and have the family that you really wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let me also say this about little miracles because I felt it's important to share with people.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: When I rally groups, I make sure people know you're gonna want to back out, You're gonna have something come up, and you're going to not think that you have time for this or this is too chaotic. Something I'm telling you now because almost every time I have told myself this is too much. It's taken a toll I really identified with. I watched your documentary with the your role as this coach helping these kids. Man, you have no idea how many times I was in tears. A couple of times I missed things with my kids because I was doing this, and I wondered, am I are my priorities messed up here?
Speaker 1: This is really this is really hard. What I'm going to say, what I'm going to ask you, but I want you to be painfully honest, because I think I know the answer. Has it occurred that you felt someone in the process was ungrateful and it bothered you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. The reason I'm asking that is I don't want that story because we don't want to embarrass anybody. But the point is, if you're going to have the temerity and the gumption and the courage and the kindness to actually get off your do something for someone in your community, you're typically going to go in places that the world is not hunky dory because that's where the help is needed. And often times in those places you will find people who aren't always as thankful and gracious for the work that you're doing as you would hope, and you can't worry about them. It's the ninety percent of people that are positively affected that matter. And you have to understand there's going to be little bumps and failures along the way. It is not all peaches and cream, but ultimately it's worth it. And so I can imagine there have been times where you have been frustrated with the whole thing, and those are the times where the devil pops in your head and says, just quit, just lay it down. Why are you doing this. You don't have to do this. You've got your own kids, you've got your own family, you've got your own work you got to do, and then you're going to sit here and do this for a bunch of in grades. You can't help these folks. That happens. And but what you have to do is you have to put that aside and understand that the small percentage of people that are not necessarily appreciative as you would hope, they are pale in comparison. The numbers of people's lives do change.
Speaker 2: Well, and what what what happened more times than maybe the recipient not being grateful a couple of times, you know, not often, but sometimes someone else would try to tell me this wasn't they weren't worth Why did you pick this family? Like there was one time during a project, the neighbor kept coming to tell me, and I finally I said.
Speaker 1: The neighbor kept saying, you should be doing this for these people. They're not worth it.
Speaker 2: Basically like these chips are problem. They just never do it.
Speaker 1: We've tried out, don't these divorced kids without a father at home, who were sad and lonely and lost and oppressed.
Speaker 2: They're not grateful, they're they're they're wild kids. Yeah, and I said, I stopped him the second time and he came over. We had like the BYU football players, the U top football player. We were it was a huge project. And I stopped. I said, can I tell you something. Look at all these people. Not one of them cares at all. They are here gaining from this experience, just from serving. They don't even ask anything about the specifics. This is a mom who needs help. That's all we need to eat. You just look around. You can tell how is she living in this disaster. That's all we needed. So, yeah, you need to zip it. For all these other people here. You are ruining it for them and they don't care. YEA, take a lesson from them.
Speaker 1: The point is, if you have the guts to get out and do something, there's gonna be problems. It's hard. But again, the payoff is not just not The payoff really isn't for you. The lives that you are riches. It's how enrich your life becomes, which I'm trying to segue to. And would you please answer the question, Okay, where did this dude come from?
Speaker 2: Oh? The dude, Well, after gosh over ten years. At this point, I felt like I had met everyone in Utah. Really, I really had. I was like, I've been around forever. Everybody looked good on the dating apps. To me, it was like, I mean, you know, great, pedjure, you say all these great I don't know I did. It didn't work for me to meet people that way. And then I kind of felt like either me or a friend of data. I just you know, I really was very fulfilled. This had brought a lot of purpose. I still wanted to get married, but I was at a point where I was like, I'm okay if I don't, because I you know, I can take my kids to do things, you know, vacation. Now I'm enjoying my job. This is bringing me a lot of fulfillment.
Speaker 1: No longer need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't in a place I was before. What I needed, right, I get it is someone to rescue me. I didn't need to be rested.
Speaker 1: Isn't an interesting one. We no longer need what happens. Yeah, we're not nearly as desperate, not as.
Speaker 2: Desperate, and and it's like, if there's someone who's going to add to my life that I feel is already great, then bring it on. If not, it's okay. So yeah, it was just a project one day. A lot of people come and go in these things, and you know, you meet a lot of people. But there was this one particular January.
Speaker 1: Black, a little Miracles project.
Speaker 2: Add a little Miracle project.
Speaker 1: And he was he was he was playing the drums. No, no, he was, he was the he was not the DJ painter.
Speaker 2: No, he actually did paint though, So maybe that's how you.
Speaker 1: Got used to I have no idea. Was a roofer.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, he used to paint used So he had heard about this through a friend and he had two teenage boys that he was trying. He'd been divorced for quite a while, and he said, I'd heard about this from my friend, and I thought, well, I used to do painting for a living, so my boys know how to do it. This would be good for us.
Speaker 1: So he brought his sons.
Speaker 2: He brought his teenage sons.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: That got my attention. Well he's very handsome too, so I was like who. I had to make sure it wasn't one of my friend's boyfriends or someone I got. I was asking everybody in the morning. Who's this Joe? What's his name? He's cute? Is this somebody's not? Okay? No, he's all right, good good. And I had to leave for a little bit in that project. I remember thinking he'll probably be gone, because the cute guys that would pop in sometimes they got that apparently there was you know, I had a lot of cute single mom friends, and there would be these guys that would show up sometimes and they didn't know how to work, or the minute you put him to work, they were out, you know. So we would be like, are they just here for a picture? Are they really gonna work?
Speaker 1: We'll be right back now. Let's return to Tianni on this male volunteer that piqued her interest.
Speaker 2: So when I got back and he was still there and it was a blizzard that day, I really was like, I gotta go talk to I got to see who this is, you know, and I was just kind of eavesdropping and they were just making jokes with each other. I just could you know you've been a single mom this long. I mean, people can fake anything online, but it's it's pretty hard to fake it when you're in a blizzard doing service all day with your teenage sons. I could tell this is a legit, good, good guy and these are cool kids and they respect him. And I mean I started the thing and I couldn't get my teenage boys there very much, you know, so this was all day. So I just started kind of trying to talk to him. Towards the end of that project a little bit. I just was like, Wow, where are you guys from? And now, well, the funny thing he came to tell me by before the party, he said, and people make fun of me, but I'm chaotic. I was looking for something in my car and he touched my left arm and I kind of just got really calm, and he goes, hey, I just wanted to say thank you. This was great. And I'm like, why are you leaving? The family's just coming back the party, you know. He's like, oh no, we just wanted to We just were here for that. He's kind of quiet my manner, not okay crazy like me.
Speaker 1: And he just left.
Speaker 2: Someone had tagged him on Facebook in a picture and that's how I found him. And I messaged him later that night and just say, hey, thank you so much for coming. And that was great, and we started talking, you know, and now and now here we are are.
Speaker 1: He's on every Little Miracles project with you. Yeah, yeah, he's crazy.
Speaker 2: He's the quiet guy in the back. He doesn't like. We're very different. I didn't think his personality would even work with like. He's he's more of an introvert, kind of the quiet guy. But he knows how to do stuff, and he's a hard worker and he says, just give.
Speaker 1: Me a job, and he well, Unfortunately, we can't promise that everybody that does get out of their comfort zone and go do something will find their spouse right.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's been a couple, though I'm not the only one. It's been kind of cool.
Speaker 1: It's a cool to me.
Speaker 2: You know, who would have known? I never would have.
Speaker 1: It's these things that are little Miracles mixers.
Speaker 2: We should start that. We probably have even better attended.
Speaker 1: That is funny, pretty amazing that you know, you got a husband out of Little Miracle deals too. But what's his name? What's his name is? Joe? Joe Clay, Joe so understanding. Joe swung and missed.
Speaker 2: At well, I guess you could call it a miss. I don't. I don't swing very often on those platforms. Are you talking about the dating app?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Joe swung and missed, he actually had reached out to you one time before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the ironic thing. I didn't realize it at the time, but I had been on. A friend talked to me into trying the apps out again. I tried him before, just like a dating app. It was like a Tender. You probably heard a Tender bumble. You know, your swipe really really well, good for you. When we would argue sometimes I would say to him, do you really want to get back on Tender? I don't think so. I guess not a good life.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Tender is a dating app. It's a dating He reached out to you on this thing. Well, this is how and you basically just missed him this Joe got dismissed.
Speaker 2: Well, he actually didn't, because this is how these dating apps work. A lot of depth goes into these. You think they're cute, you swipe this way. If you don't, you swipe the other. So we both thought each other is cute, we swiped on each other. We matched. Yeah, you both think you're cute. Message for a minute, and it seemed nice. I just nothing ever came of it. I just I think I got off the app pretty quick after that. I just lost.
Speaker 1: So the point is you meet this guy, end up marrying them, and lo and behold, you'd actually quote cyber matched at one point before that.
Speaker 2: Huh Yeah, but I never I never would have nothing would have ever materialized from that. What What what happened was I got to see who he really was on a.
Speaker 1: Day, Yeah, which is match in and of itself is the problem with these apps exactly, which is for a whole other show.
Speaker 2: And that's why I didn't have time, because you have to take a lot of time before you see that.
Speaker 1: That point is here, you met this dude at a little miracle, you got married. He's on every little miracle, you finally got that family and the person you were looking for when you weren't looking for it. And the irony of it is he'd actually and you'd actually seen each other before at one time. Crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He has to remind me, He's like, you know, I think we matched. I'm like, I am. I kind of thought you because I you know, and then I went back and sure enough, there it is. Yeah. Kind of crazy, kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: I am beyond inspired by by single moms one because my mother was one, and I know how hard it is, but I'm beyond inspired by your heart and you're willing to serve and that you even without a lot of with no money and no backing and no sponsors, she's just saw a need and filled it. And that's really what this is all about, is trying to motivate and and and and show stories that people listening to us really can if they'll just say I want to help, they can find a way to help in their communities and change lives and change their own life in doing it. And you're an inspiration because you're one of those people. And I am just so so proud to have met you and wish you the very very best. And I assume we're going to keep going right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're we're hooked now.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, so here's here's the deal. We all the people involved in an army of normal folks. Part of it is to pass along knowledge, whatever knowledge we have. And so I'm reachable. Nobody wants to talk to out, but he's reachable. And then how if people, if someone's listened to it says I really want to do that in my town of Kansas City or Topeka or Birmingham or wherever can they reach you and and get ideas from you and how to reach out to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that you asked that because right before the pandemic we had put together a little kind of a little blueprint. So little Miracles Utah dot org.
Speaker 1: Little say that again.
Speaker 2: Little Miracles Utah dot org.
Speaker 1: Little Miracles Utah dot org, and that will.
Speaker 2: Go to your website and there's contact information on there. I think there is a link that says for more information on how to do this in your town. I can't go out there and show you, but we've got as best of a blueprint.
Speaker 1: That how we do ask questions and all that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, people have called me. There's a bunch of us on the board. We love to talk about it. We know what has done for us. So there's a lot of great people that are so willing to talk. And it's you know what, it doesn't have to look a certain way every that's all our projects are a little different, you know, and everyone has a different gift, but everyone has something. And you know what, I've watched sixty year old men find their gift doing this on a Saturday didn't know before, but they found it. You just just where you have a genuine desire, just put it out there and maybe another idea of what you can do will come up while we're chatting. We're happy to talk to people, give them ideas, tell them what we did and whether they do something like this in their town, or just get an idea of what they can do a little different that fits their gift a little better than awesome. That's just what we're all about because it's made life so much more meaningful. I mean, it just gives purpose to everything and such a feeling of community. You know, with all the things in the world and all the reasons people are different, no one cares at the end of the day about all those things. We just all want the same things out of life. We let the media and all these people think we're all on different teams. We're not. We're all in a moment like that on a Saturday. It's so cool to see people from all walks of life on the same team getting along. You know. I love seeing the real church going girl with the tattooed guy like best friends. By the end of the day. It's like the greatest thing about it is we're all community, We're all in this together, and it feels so much better to come together and help each other out, and what comes from that is indescribable. So we're yeah. I hope we can do this forever.
Speaker 1: From her mouth to your ears, a new member of the Army of Normal Folks. Thanks for being with you.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for having me such an honor.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you for joining us this week. If Tiani or another guest has inspired you to take action in your community, please let us know. I'd really like to hear about it. You can write me anytime at Bill at normalfolks dot us, and I get those emails and I personally will respond. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast, rate it, review it, share it with friends that are on social help us do all the things we can that will grow an army of normal folks. I'm Bill Courtney. I'll see you next week.