Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Brooke and Jeffrey podcast.
Speaker 2: And did you guys know we have listeners in Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy. Wait wait, those actually all have super hot men, don't they actually? If you're listening from their DM me after this, k after you hear the full shower.
Speaker 1: I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 3: Crazy stat came out just this morning. Most workers who go to their jobs in average of eight hours a day aren't as productive as you thought they were, as.
Speaker 4: The managers thought they were, because I think the workers are. Yeah, how unproductive everybody expects.
Speaker 3: Apparently the average worker only spends four hours and twelve minutes actually working. Yes, so like halff of, that checks out and that's a normal job. Just think of everyone in this room. Oh, would you guys say you're above the four hour twelve minute mark and really be honest with yourself here. I mean Jose spends four hours and twelve minutes in the bathroom, No way, he's hitting the mark.
Speaker 5: I do have to go right now so we can see this up.
Speaker 6: I do cut my social media use as show research it is, so I'm going to go, Yes, are.
Speaker 5: Does this work?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 1: Kind of?
Speaker 3: I mean technically this is what we get.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The survey also found the top five distractions at work, and those included surfing the internet, Oh yeah, social media, texting, bathroom breaks, and socializing with your co workers. Check Jose can do all five of those at the same time.
Speaker 5: I really can.
Speaker 6: Jose will say he's leaving for the day, and a half an hour later, he's still in the break room talking like, just waiting for more people to come.
Speaker 3: In and go.
Speaker 8: My job to distract them from their Yeah, you're good at it stations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and by doing that, you kind of generate content for the show. Because look at that we're talking about it right now.
Speaker 5: It was I working were.
Speaker 9: His head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like we're wasting time. We can't mess around anymore. Let's do some actual work and shock each other. For the shock collar question of the day, we have a bucket bull of names. Are gonna draw one out. See who gets asked the trivia question. If you give the wrong answer, the punishment is to be shocked while singing a song. So text into seventy five nine too and tell us which one you'd like to hear. Alexis is drawing a name out because she had the shot collar lass and she just rolled her eyes. What happened?
Speaker 1: Because I got Alexis Diddley squat spoiler.
Speaker 3: Please all right, Alexis is putting on the shot collar while that happens, Digital Jake, please read us a shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 9: Decades ago, a retired school teacher came up with a board game to entertain children who were hospitalized from polio. Alexis, I know what you're thinking. Polio is not an Olympic sport.
Speaker 5: She's like, the one with the horses.
Speaker 3: Is an old disease.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 9: Anyway, the teacher wanted to create something that could be while the children were cuperated. Yeah, and also one that required no reading, so children of all ages could play, no matter their education level. On the advice of her friends, she sent the idea to a toy business and fast forward to today and it's now in the Toy Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: What game am I talking about?
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, that's cool.
Speaker 3: So with children's board game that was invented in the nineteen forties and.
Speaker 2: The kids are sick while they're playing this, yeah, so they're like alone playing it.
Speaker 6: It's like they don't have to be alone in the hospital, like you made this sad situation even sadder.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can play a board game alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you play Solitaire.
Speaker 1: I don't know exact I was going to, but that boring game.
Speaker 4: There's no words in it.
Speaker 6: So my first thought for you, because I play a lot of kids' boards games, okay, is candy Land. You flip over the cards and it's just colors, and then if you land on one of the pictures, you have to go back to that picture.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's not bad. I was almost thinking the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's numbers on shoots.
Speaker 3: And letters, but there's letters on Candy Land. There's not there's the names of the different areas, and they're the Lollipop Village, Fudge Mountain.
Speaker 6: You don't have to read them to play, because when you flip the card over, it's literally like a picture of pepper whatever her name was, and you just go back to the picture of the Peppermint lady.
Speaker 10: And candy makes kids happy just talking about candy, and so I'm.
Speaker 5: Sure it'd be good.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sick kids, you can't actually eat any but.
Speaker 1: Sad them twister too active. If you're sick.
Speaker 10: Crippled children, that would be sorry.
Speaker 3: It's kind of fun as a nurse to watch it happen.
Speaker 8: Oh God, look at the question braces on.
Speaker 9: Decades ago, a retired school teacher wanted to create a game that children could play while they were covered from polio. In order to make sure all ages of children could enjoy the game, she made it simple enough so that whether you could read or not, you could still have fun. The kids in the hospital love the game, so she sent it to a toy company and it took off. Today you can find it in game closets all around the world and in the halls of the Toy Hall of Fame. What board game? And am I talking about?
Speaker 3: I mean, if the kids are in the hospital, why not operation?
Speaker 4: Oh it's not bad. You know, you don't have to talk to in operation.
Speaker 3: We took your polio bone out. Now what they're going through.
Speaker 5: To do?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Touch side. Okay.
Speaker 6: I got another one though, another fun one that is pretty mindless is Hungry Hippo.
Speaker 4: Any words to play mood?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and maybe it gets the kids in the mood to eat something, you know, like, hey, you.
Speaker 5: Need your strength.
Speaker 3: Pretty physically demanding though.
Speaker 6: It is your hand though, I get.
Speaker 10: I was going to say another game that I could think of his mainly pictures, but you'd have to read names.
Speaker 5: Is guess who?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you do have to be able.
Speaker 5: To but you you know, you ask questions like do they have hair?
Speaker 1: Do they have a batter?
Speaker 10: You can still figure it out who it is. But you're right if you have to say the word bob.
Speaker 3: What about battleship?
Speaker 1: You don't need any You can just play board game.
Speaker 5: I think it does. It's in the board game section, like when you.
Speaker 3: Buy it, all right, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to clean up all the pieces and stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, I'm gonna go with the original of Candyland, all right.
Speaker 9: Eleanor Abbott contracted polio at a young age, but survived and became a teacher. Later on in her life, she invented a pastime for children who were recuperating from the same exact disease, so when she visited hospitals, she brought a board game she created that required no reading and instead operated on a color system.
Speaker 3: So they young children could easily understand.
Speaker 9: She sent the game to Milton Bradley, and in two thousand and five it was inducted into the Toy Hall of fame. I'm talking about Candy Lamp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jakey all right, so we got it right. That means Jake is going to take the shock today.
Speaker 10: I remember how Candy Land was playing glad you played ye play all the time.
Speaker 3: Somebody wanted to hear the song someone like You by Adele never mind all fine.
Speaker 5: Like you you.
Speaker 3: I wish nothing but the best for you.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, why did that work?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 4: That was really good.
Speaker 3: That's your shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 12: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, guys, we got a.
Speaker 3: Fan letter sent into the station this morning.
Speaker 4: Wait, like an actual handa written yeah from a.
Speaker 3: Nine year old girl named Amelia. Oh, hi Amelia, and she says, Dear Brook and Jeffrey, I listen to you every day in the car with my mom.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 3: We love you. You make me laugh, especially with the phone taps and second dates.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: But when are you going to talk about issues like wage increases for low income families and possible solutions to combat the effects of climate change on local communities. I'd like to hear from someone in my generation, like Alexis. Alexis, you got a new bikini recently. You want to talk about how climate change played in that decision.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been tanting great lately. Actually the sun is very strong, so I've been wearing a new bikinis. The world's getting hotter.
Speaker 4: Hopefully you're using reef safe SPF.
Speaker 1: I don't use any.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna get some more deep political insights. I'm guessing from Alexis.
Speaker 1: I have a lot to say.
Speaker 3: I'm waging because we have a What's on your Mind? Amelia? This one's for you coming up. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And I know people listening at home probably think this is easy, but looking into our minds is like watching a giraffe try and do a cartwheel. Awkward.
Speaker 1: Where do I put my head?
Speaker 5: But I can't stop.
Speaker 3: Watching What's on your Mind, where we go around the room to see what each member of the morning show has been thinking about lately. Starting with Brooke Brook, What's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Well, I went to the community pool recently with kid. It's fun. You know, it's a nice pool.
Speaker 6: And when I go, I purposely pick out my mom suit, Like I have two different types of bathing suit. I have the bathing suit for when I'm at the beach, having a good time, and then I have the mom suit.
Speaker 3: Wow, why do you need the mom suit?
Speaker 6: You can't show up to the community pool with your butt cheeks. Hate, It's just not a cute look. So I made my mom suit and it's still I mean, it's still a cute suit.
Speaker 4: And it has like a rap tie around the top. And I go off the diving board and the whole thing. I mean, you guys, literally, I am naked.
Speaker 6: Stumbaing up and luckily, and I'm like quickly as I as soon as I dive in, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To like wrap and like unwrapped back together.
Speaker 4: And I swim up to the edge and I'm.
Speaker 6: Thinking that I'm safe, and I look over and there is like eight ten year old little boy with his eyes so wide and he has his goggles up on his head, and I'm like, I was humiliated. I don't know if he saw anything.
Speaker 1: I just want to apologize to his family.
Speaker 3: You're going to pay for his therapy.
Speaker 4: No, it was not good. So I'm tighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go with the sexy one. If you're going to be showing what's been on your.
Speaker 10: Well, you guys know, because I'm diabetic, I order a lot of like low sugar things, and so recently I ordered these low sugar donuts from a small company and I've been ordered for like two months.
Speaker 5: They're super good.
Speaker 8: And then I got a text from one of their co founders. It's like a really small company apparently, and they're like, I just want to know, how are you liking the product? And you, guys know I love food.
Speaker 6: So he gives a dis So I.
Speaker 10: Just go off and I'm like, oh my gosh, it's that classic chocolate shell, but it's also still moist and cakey in the middle, plus the low sugar. It's really good for me all around. Love right, given this big description.
Speaker 5: A few days later, they.
Speaker 3: Discontinued the donuts.
Speaker 5: I did a targeted ad on Facebook. And what does the ad say? Let me read it to you.
Speaker 10: It says classic chocolate shell that you'll love.
Speaker 5: With a moist and cake shelter. It's low sugar. Word what I said. I said, chocolate shell, cakey, moisty.
Speaker 4: You're gonna assume him and take down the smoke.
Speaker 3: You got a second job with the market.
Speaker 4: I was like, are you.
Speaker 5: It's exactly what I said. So you know what I did.
Speaker 10: I ordered one hundred because you're so good.
Speaker 1: Marketing worked on me.
Speaker 5: It's true, chocolate.
Speaker 3: What's been on your mind?
Speaker 1: So he's been like streaming video games lately.
Speaker 11: Yay, follow me there?
Speaker 4: It is that what you wanted?
Speaker 1: No, no, really, but some time. So I thought i'd be nice and log in and say hi.
Speaker 4: One day while he was out. Okay, so I follo.
Speaker 1: Up the screen. He's talking about like what he's going to order for dinner.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: The same conversation.
Speaker 2: Choate and I just like right in high and then that's when, like I thought just jose would see it, but then all his like viewers are listeners.
Speaker 1: So then the whole conversation switches to people talking to me.
Speaker 5: In the chat.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In my head, I'm like, whose is going to be mad?
Speaker 2: I just took the attention from his meal, you know, So I just exit out real quick, delete the app on my phone, just get out.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be so mad at me.
Speaker 2: Then afterwards, as he reached out to me that apparently I let everyone down in the chat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just left.
Speaker 2: And if someone bought me a subscription to him, yeah, I guess now you could get more, Jose ye pay.
Speaker 1: For me anymore.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sugar at this point.
Speaker 4: A subscription, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Can take that away anyway. So don't do it, guys, don't even try.
Speaker 8: But you guys come into my chat and stay all right, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: I was visiting another city over the weekend and it was about two in the afternoon. I just met up with friends for lunch and had a couple of cocktails with them. So I'm walking down the street. I'm feel drinking pretty good. Yeah. Spot this guy with these like dope versace sunglasses and I'm like, I'm gonna say say something to him, and I go, hey, dude, I like your sunglasses and he says thanks, and we start talking and he goes, I'm not doing anything. You want to go grab a drink at a bar?
Speaker 4: Are you on a date?
Speaker 3: And I thought, wow, people here are so friendly. So I'm like, I'm not doing anything. Sure, I'll go drink with you. So we go to a bar and instantly he's like, oh, crap, I don't have any money. I got the drinks manka. Three hours later, three hours later, he's like, so, uh, I drink. You want to come to a meeting with me? Yeah? A meeting, and I'm like, I'm not doing anything.
Speaker 5: Sure, because I'm on vacation.
Speaker 3: So on the way there, he starts to describe what the meeting is and how I should be acting, and he's like, you need to play it cool, all right, you have to have my back I have. I'm like, what are you talking about? And that's when he tells me we're going to be selling some drugs. I need to be his backup. Oh my, you ban and drug deal accidentally befriended a drug dealer on the street.
Speaker 1: I thought you had a new boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Sobered up pretty quickly after that, and I told him I need to use the bathroom, and I ducked into a building and then like ran out the back.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. So we know how he can afford the Masachi sung Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I have a feeling I'm going to see him again though, because he took a picture of my license.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He had this cool polaroid camera and he's like, hey, hold a picture of you next to your license and baring time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, geez, you are.
Speaker 4: Would you take a picture with your license for anyone?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You're drinking with your buddy off the street. Things happening. A text into seven eight five nine too, tell us what's been on your mind? It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. We just shared what's been on our minds. Now the texts are coming in at seven eight five nine two with people telling us what's been on there, like this one that says, I'm working my way through nursing school, which is time consuming and super hard for good reason. When I need a break from studying, I turn on your podcast and laugh my butt off.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: It is therapy. Thank you for bringing it every day. I hope you know how important you are. Ryan Seacrest. I appreciate him too. Actually, I listen to Ryan Seacrest while we do our show.
Speaker 4: When you think of funny, you think of.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ryan. Another text came in that says, have any you watched the show called the Boys? One of the main characters, Butcher, kind of sounds like Jose's second personality.
Speaker 5: Clover, Oh, somebody told me that.
Speaker 6: I was like, there is no part of Jose's real personality and to imagining anyone named Butcher.
Speaker 5: Guys, I'm Butcher. Where are the Boys?
Speaker 3: I actually do watch this show, and it's a really good show first of all, And I can see the similarity they're drawing. The guy that they're describing is like your character Clover, but like time's a million like yeah, like he's all drugged up and he's having to melt down.
Speaker 4: He's just more at our Clover doesn't do drugs.
Speaker 3: No, he's just a British special opera operative that uh takes his job way too seriously.
Speaker 5: And yeah he actual doesn't have a job anymore. He just does right.
Speaker 3: And we got one more text in the seventy five nine two. It says, I just wish I didn't have to work today. Such a bummer getting out of bed this morning. I'm sorry, Yeah, I think, oh yeah, it does have your number on it.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: We keep your text coming into seventy five ninety.
Speaker 12: Two brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Tired dads, frustrated construction workers, kids that should be in bed but aren't coming this fall. It's home depot after dark. What followed by Busted featuring boyfriends that should be in bed but aren't because they're in your friend's.
Speaker 4: Bed right now.
Speaker 3: That's coming up with an all new Busted at seventy ten.
Speaker 12: Sneaky husbands, two timing lives, live, bad boyfriends, and even worse girlfriends.
Speaker 3: They thought they could get away with.
Speaker 12: That, but now they're about.
Speaker 3: To get busted. It's just like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, except the porridge is all over her outfit and it's not Porridge.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Those are the types of stories that we hear when we do this segment called Busted, where people share stories about how they caught their exes being unfaithful. And we've already got a few people on the line ready to tell us what happened to them, So let's just talk to Charlotte. Charlotte, welcome to the show. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got a call that my boyfriend had gotten into.
Speaker 7: A car incident and that he's in the hospital and I needed to come pick him up.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I like how the hospital's like, hey, we don't want him, could you just come get him places.
Speaker 5: It's pretty broken.
Speaker 7: Thankfully, it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 14: But I go to the hospital.
Speaker 3: I'm in the waiting room.
Speaker 6: Finally my name gets called over the.
Speaker 14: PA system, but along with some mother woman's name. So when I stand up this other woman.
Speaker 3: Across the room stands up and we both like awkwardly walked.
Speaker 5: Towards this room like cut a side, eyeing each.
Speaker 14: Other, like what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's so high on painkillers that when he sees the both of us, he just starts laughing hysterically and he's like.
Speaker 12: You're two more supposed to meet.
Speaker 4: Supposed to meet?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, open in the corner.
Speaker 4: He's also what happened?
Speaker 3: Don't exclaim that he didn't know how to call because we were both in his phone labels as girl friends.
Speaker 4: He didn't break any bones and tell you, guys laught.
Speaker 13: We both just started telling him it was so you left the hospital.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, right, the only thing that died was his relationships.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from Bob, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 15: All right, so you know, I take my car to work, and uh, it's.
Speaker 4: A good place to take it.
Speaker 15: Yeah right, Yeah, anyway, the battery dies on my car.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 15: I decided to just take the bus.
Speaker 4: Home from work, all right, Okay, you just didn't want to deal with jumping it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, I'll deal with it the next day. And then I was excited because I was coming up onto the stop that my girlfriend gets on us.
Speaker 15: She takes the bus from work and takes her home. So I was coming up to her stop.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I thought it'd be a nice surprise that, like, you know, we can ride the bus together. But as soon as she gets on the bus, she kisses the bus driver on the lips, and I'm watching, like, what the hell is going on? So I'm watching her kiss this guy and she's sitting on his lap while kissing him for like a few stops.
Speaker 3: He sounds like a pretty talented driver.
Speaker 5: Her hands are on.
Speaker 4: The wheel, huge wheel.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 16: So we both get off the bus and she's like shot the female yeah.
Speaker 15: And I was like, what the hell is that all about? She says, she just does it for free bus rides.
Speaker 3: Bus rides like a dollar sixty five cents is too steep.
Speaker 4: You guys, It's much more than that.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, okay, you also kissed.
Speaker 4: The bus drivers under five.
Speaker 3: But still, let's go to Alice, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 14: So I had a feeling that my boyfriend was cheating on me, and I went on to Reddit and I posted I was looking for somebody to help me catch him.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 14: Okay, So this girl got back to me and she said that she was willing to help me, and I told her to d M him with thirty texts whatever and get back to me with what he said.
Speaker 4: It's like a sting operation.
Speaker 3: This is always do this. But go ahead.
Speaker 4: She already knows. I mean, like, once you have the feeling she's cheating, she just needs proof at this.
Speaker 14: Point, right, Okay, Yeah, So she got back to me after a couple of days and said that he never applied to her. I never said anything.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: Well face, okay, I mean.
Speaker 14: That I was. I was definitely relieved, Like, okay, maybe I just was in my head about it, overreacting whatever. Well, like three months go by and I'm skimming through Reddit and I come across this post from this girl asking for advice, And the title of her post is what do you do when you start hooking up with the guy and you lied to his girlfriend about it?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: Please tell me she didn't have the same I.
Speaker 14: Didn't recognize and use your name, but I looked at her profile picture and it's her and my boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like Reddit, you usually go on for anonymous advice blow up your own spot.
Speaker 14: So I did the thing, and I went through his phone and turns out they'd been talking ever since I had her send those first messages.
Speaker 1: Didn't trust anyone.
Speaker 4: She played matchmaker.
Speaker 3: He h she did shut them up.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that was really dumb. I am definitely never doing that again.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't trust people on the internets.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well hit up our textboard at seven eight, five nine too. If you have a funny story about how you caught your ex cheating, you could be on the next edition of Busted. We got your phone tab coming up next.
Speaker 12: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Guys, know this saying what the wife doesn't know won't hurt her.
Speaker 4: That's not true. I think the saying is what the wife doesn't know. We'll soon find out.
Speaker 3: What happens when the wife finds out is you're in big trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: See. One of our listeners gave a job to her husband to take their dog to her favorite groomer. Okay, but the husband thought, what if I took it to a groomer who costs half as much and I could get away with it. He almost did, but apparently he dropped the receipt in the kitchen when he got home, and when the wife found it, she did the smart thing and contacted us. So we had to turn this call around really quickly. It's your brand new phone tap right now.
Speaker 5: On the twenties.
Speaker 15: Hello.
Speaker 10: Oh hi, I'm Max.
Speaker 7: Okay, Hi, hey, Hi, Can I help you?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I work at groomers and you dropped off your dog here to be groomed.
Speaker 15: Okay is he ready?
Speaker 10: Not really, I kind of need your help. He he's Japanese, right.
Speaker 7: No, he's Habines.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's like the same like province or whatever, right.
Speaker 15: Like, uh, no, same area.
Speaker 7: What is going on?
Speaker 10: Well, Like earlier today, I had a really dope idea because like my instant has been pretty weak this month with like just like picks from my cousin's hot tub or whatever.
Speaker 15: Look, you know, I.
Speaker 7: Don't know what you're talking about. Once you just get to the point of what you have to say.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, can I can I tell you something?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So, like I thought it'd be chill to take a pic with all the doggies, like the little puppers around me, you know, like that one famous picture online with that kid in the middle with all the uh stuffed animals. You know that, you know that one.
Speaker 7: No idea? What you're talking about is my dog?
Speaker 10: Like okay, oh, here's the thing, Like my boss has gone today, and so I kind of let all the dogs out of their crates.
Speaker 9: Are you serious?
Speaker 7: Where where the hell is my dog?
Speaker 5: Release the hounds?
Speaker 12: Wait?
Speaker 5: I forgot to hit record.
Speaker 7: Shut up, I want to go back. Where where the hell is my dog? It was Bruno?
Speaker 10: Oh, we don't talk about Bruno.
Speaker 7: Hey. I asked you a question, do you have my dog?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 5: Bro, I was.
Speaker 10: I was going to answer, like, if you stop yellings, you're kind of loud. Fine, okay, okay, what what.
Speaker 5: Was the question?
Speaker 7: I said? Where's my dog?
Speaker 12: Who?
Speaker 7: Bruno?
Speaker 5: Who's that?
Speaker 13: Am?
Speaker 10: I am?
Speaker 5: I supposed to know who that is?
Speaker 7: My wife is going to be so pissed if she founds out. I'd let some stupid pothead, loser idiot lose him.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I resemble that comment all I respect this nightmare.
Speaker 7: I was, you can't even speak English right now?
Speaker 10: Hold on, man, it's not my fault, all right, because you're Japanese. Dog was like, whatever it is, he's got like an accent with his wolf.
Speaker 5: The hell up is like four inch?
Speaker 13: Shut up.
Speaker 7: I'm not talking to you anymore.
Speaker 15: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 7: I'm coming down there. I'm gonna get my.
Speaker 5: Dog, Okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 15: No, it's not cool.
Speaker 13: This is up.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean when you get here, do you have like four bucks I could borrow, because like, my brake's coming up, and I've been craving a bean and cheese.
Speaker 7: So I swear to god, you have to be the worst employee at any business that's ever existed. Like, how did you even get this job?
Speaker 10: Which job though, like the fake groomer job that I made up? What or the job that I'm currently doing at a radio station. Oh my god, because this is actually Jose from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and we're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, this is a joke.
Speaker 5: It's a prank man. It's not real. Your wife, Trina set you up.
Speaker 10: She said she found out from some receipt that you dropped on the ground, like you took your dog to a cheaper groomer or something.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I dropped the receipt on the ground. Oh my god.
Speaker 15: I thought I was dead.
Speaker 7: I thought my wife is going to kill me.
Speaker 10: Well, if she doesn't kill you, can I borrow like three dollars?
Speaker 7: Maybe I'll give you three dollars to get out of my wife forever?
Speaker 5: Oh what?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 10: How do I hang this phone up?
Speaker 12: The week of every morning was funk Taps weekday Mornings on the twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Things to do before my date? Okay, one brush my teeth.
Speaker 4: Good idea to wear.
Speaker 3: Underwear, not like yesterday and the whole week before that. I don't think there is that. Just me by underwear and write that there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, start from the beginning.
Speaker 3: And three. Always clean out your back seat so that when your date gets into your car she doesn't try and tuck and roll out onto the freeway.
Speaker 5: Didn't make it.
Speaker 4: And creepy.
Speaker 3: Now why do I bring that up? Because one of our listeners forgot something that he had in his car and he's worried that it may have sunk his chances at another hangout. But you know, just like any good call, things aren't always what they seem. We're gonna find out the truth when we do your second date update, Next.
Speaker 5: Second date update.
Speaker 3: Hey, what should a sick bird do? What get tweetment. I'm sorry, but one of our listeners emailed the show saying he's worried he may have made a bad joker too when he was on his date, and I just wanted to throw one out there. You better, you.
Speaker 4: Better worry he may be coming for your job.
Speaker 5: I just didn't want to.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to feel self conscious about it. When he told us his name's Kyle, Kyle, welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh man, you can barely contain your laughter, right, Kyle?
Speaker 13: That's pretty funny, Kyle?
Speaker 3: What did sushi A say to Sushi be?
Speaker 4: I want to know what?
Speaker 12: I have no idea what's say?
Speaker 3: Okay, see, there you go, Kyle. Your jokes couldn't possibly have been much worse than those. And Brooke promises to laugh when she hears.
Speaker 5: You say them.
Speaker 4: I don't, but okay, well we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: In a minute. But first, tell us about the lady you went out with. What's her name?
Speaker 13: Well, her name is Sasha.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 13: I met her at a friend's party. She was wearing a beautiful red dress, but she looked really, really worn out.
Speaker 4: Yeah I didn't either.
Speaker 13: I could see through her like the bags underneath her eyes that she was pretty special.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, none of these sounds like compliments. Bro.
Speaker 13: Well I was you know, I want to know more about her. I didn't know why she was so tired.
Speaker 5: I guess standing out is standing out?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you ever find out why she looks so tired?
Speaker 13: Well? Yeah, she's actually a paralegal. So she was up working on this big case with their boss.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean so you actually read it, right, I guess, which is a positive?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Called it?
Speaker 6: Okay, So how did you parlay a conversation about how exhausted she looked into a date?
Speaker 13: So I asked her, you know, if she was so tired, I could carry her into the bedroom and lay her down to sleep. But she really didn't think that was funny.
Speaker 4: I got it, I got it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I would be appalled.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like it now now that I know you're kidding.
Speaker 13: Yeah, of course I was kidding.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Did she laugh?
Speaker 5: Did she know?
Speaker 12: Not?
Speaker 13: At first? But then I said she could carry me.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you know what, guys, he's one of those funny guys that you have to be there.
Speaker 4: You know, she was there and she didn't laugh, right, And she'd been up all night. She's exhausted, she's at this part.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day. You ended up getting a date with her, right, Kyle?
Speaker 13: Yes, Well, yeah, I got her number from a friend and texted her and eventually we did go out.
Speaker 4: Oh you did go out? Interesting? And what was that?
Speaker 6: Like, I'm just shocked. Now, Well, sometimes that's all the date is for people.
Speaker 4: We've had a lot of them.
Speaker 3: So what did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 13: So I picked her up and we went out to dinner. But on the way to dinner, she noticed that I had a bunch of like kids toys in my back sheeat, and she asked about them, like I think she thought that I had a family.
Speaker 5: Any adults should ask.
Speaker 13: And I explained to her that the toys are for this toy drive at the church I go to. But I guess when I explained it, I was kind of nervous or something, and maybe she thought I was lying.
Speaker 3: She's like, why do you also have a bunch of ice cream and like children's music playing everywhere you go?
Speaker 4: Why does this van have no windows? What next?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where where did we go from her thinking that maybe you had a family?
Speaker 13: Okay, So we had dinner. It went really good. You know, she's into sports. She likes football, and I like football as well, so that's something that I figured we could bond over.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's good. Did that carry the conversation for a while.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well, her favorite team is like a rival of my favorite team, So there was like some banter.
Speaker 15: Back and forth.
Speaker 6: I always think it's cute when couples have that, you know, they're like going for opposite teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, couples fight with each other.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's good. At least now you guys are starting to vibe a little bit on and the connections.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was good, playful banter between us. Okay, and then good.
Speaker 5: I will say it is nice when they can make couples.
Speaker 6: Bets, you know, and it shows that, like you both truly love the sport that you're reading for different things.
Speaker 4: You're not just some bandwagon ers. Yeah you're not, Alexis Jersey.
Speaker 5: It just does football.
Speaker 3: How did the night end for you, Kyle?
Speaker 13: So after dinner, I drove her home, and again, you know, I thought everything went well. So I leaned in to give her a kiss, saying that she just kind of turned her head and jumped out of the car and took up. I was stopped. I mean, you know, but she just kind of said all right, good night and just kind of jumped out of the car.
Speaker 3: The kiss was a joke.
Speaker 10: Also, all kidding aside, that's kind of rough when you physically move in, they physically move.
Speaker 5: Away at me.
Speaker 6: But it's a first date, you know, Like everybody has different comfort levels on a first date, so it doesn't necessarily mean she didn't like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So which part of that night are you thinking may have been the dagger for you?
Speaker 13: Oh gosh, in hindsight, I guess it's probably maybe the kid's toys in the car. I think said either family or something. Cheating on my wife. I don't know, excuse Yeah, I mean I even had my friend call or abouch for me, let her know that I'm married, I don't have any kid.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, that's one of those protests too much.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, now we're gonna have an entire radio show call her and say the same thing, so hopefully it'll work better. When we play a song we come back, we'll call saush for you, and we'll try and get you a second date. Update Okay, thank you all right, hold on there second. Everybody knows the secret to any good relationship is what Brooke, don't say water bed? Please?
Speaker 4: I trust communication stopped.
Speaker 5: I was looking for one thing.
Speaker 3: Communication. Yes, I was going for good communication. Eventually got it. But unfortunately for Kyle, communication was a little bit off during his first date with Sasha because he made some jokes that she didn't quite get. Honestly, I'm not sure if we really got them either, but he made them. Also had to explain why there was a bunch of children's toys in the backseat of his car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, off and do too.
Speaker 3: We've all been there.
Speaker 5: He actually had a legit reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, donating them.
Speaker 5: To charity charity with the church he works for.
Speaker 3: And he also missed out on a first kiss. I guess she didn't read that right, but yeah, clearly communication was off. But Kyle is hoping that we can get things back on track and realign with this second date. Am I right, Kyle?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm really hoping that we can straighten this out and move forward with this beautiful girl.
Speaker 5: I guess Okay, it's just clarify it.
Speaker 6: That's actually true and we're not calling her tired girl anymore, which is already.
Speaker 1: We're a movie forwards a little early.
Speaker 5: She tired. You don't want to promise anything the answer?
Speaker 13: We want to ask her that off the get Yeah, I wouldn't ask that if I were you.
Speaker 3: Guys good. I'm glad that we communicated about that before the call, and this is going to make things go so much smoother. I'm ready to dial her number right now. Are you ready, Kyle?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. Hello, Hey for Sasha.
Speaker 13: Hi a Sasha.
Speaker 3: My name is jeff from the radio show brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, who are you? So?
Speaker 3: Do I need to speak louder? My name's Jeffrey from Brooklyn Jeffrey in the Morning. It's a radio show.
Speaker 5: We're just not that popular.
Speaker 15: Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 3: We're doing something called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners get in touch with you because you went out with him the other night. His name's Kyle.
Speaker 13: Why did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a listener of ours. He's been trying to get in touch with you after your date, but he's been having a hard time doing that, so he's using us to reach you.
Speaker 11: I see.
Speaker 6: It sounds like he's had quite a few people call you. He also told us that his friend called you as well. Yeah, okay, okay, it's probably a lot.
Speaker 3: So all that's checking out. We're trying to understand how you feel about Kyle, Like, how did that date go?
Speaker 11: I mean, when I first met him, I thought he was kind of quirky, but I actually thought it was kind of cute.
Speaker 4: You're talking about when you met him at the party.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like when he came on to me. I can see that keeping a little nervous and a little corky at the same time. But like I said, I thought it was cute.
Speaker 3: Sweet, Okay, But did that same feeling not continue when you went out to dinner with him?
Speaker 11: Yeah? So when we went out to dinner, that's when it.
Speaker 13: Kind of all went left.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: When we were at dinner, he just his body language kind of changed, you know, he kept adjusting, you know, down.
Speaker 13: There, so.
Speaker 4: During during dinner.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I know it's imbalancing to say, but he looks physically uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Are you sure? Like sometimes we just adjust because it's fun or is it.
Speaker 4: More like an itching thing?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 11: It's like I don't want to say, but I mean it looked like it was frequent, and it looked like he was adjusting very often.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would make it really hard to concentrate on like conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ing else.
Speaker 11: Right, you know, I don't think he noticed that I noticed, but they kind of threw me off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's understandable. I mean, what do you think was going on?
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I didn't know if he just didn't babe down there, jesus. I mean, it could have been a bathroom thing, because even on the way home, he just said that he had to make like a pit stop randomly, and then after we made that stop, I was like, okay, he just ran out the car.
Speaker 4: Oh I had to go weird?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, are you curious a little bit about what was going on?
Speaker 13: I mean not really, but.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm the only one that wants to know.
Speaker 3: That's enough of a yes that I need in order to let you know that Kyle has been on the other line listening this entire time and he wants to talk to you.
Speaker 15: Wait, what are you talking about?
Speaker 13: You're joking.
Speaker 11: He's not on the phone.
Speaker 3: No, he is, at least I think he's still there. Kyle hands back on the phone. We want to talk to you again.
Speaker 13: Hi, Sasha, how you doing?
Speaker 15: Oh wow?
Speaker 13: Oh hey guy, I'm so sorry. I apologize. I thought we were having a good date.
Speaker 3: Did you hear what?
Speaker 1: Sig kid?
Speaker 4: He's embarrassed?
Speaker 3: What was going on there? Do you know that you were doing that?
Speaker 13: Yeah? I guess I kind of made known that I was a little bit uncomfortable. I was trying to, you know, just ignore it.
Speaker 4: Why were you?
Speaker 13: I mean, it's just it's really embarrassing, you know. I didn't really I didn't really want to talk about this on the radio.
Speaker 10: I mean, if it's like a medical thing, you can just say that we can move on.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 13: I mean well, I mean no, it's not not really anything medical. I guess did you.
Speaker 5: Hurt yourself like I'm worried about.
Speaker 13: I mean, I was just, God, this is so embarrassing. So, like before the date, a friend of mine told me to put a banana down in my pants and said it would give me some confidence during the day.
Speaker 4: No, what what?
Speaker 13: Yeah? So you know, I thought like having that down there would make it seem like Johnson was like, you know bigger, No.
Speaker 3: You actually had a banana in your pants at dinner.
Speaker 13: Like, well, when I when I sat down, then it like it squeezed out of the banana wishing.
Speaker 6: Masks got a little fruit salad down here now, so I should not laugh.
Speaker 4: So you had smashed banana in your pants at that point?
Speaker 1: Can you say like that?
Speaker 3: Why did you sit at the dinner table the entire time just adjusting the smushed banana? Why didn't you like fix that?
Speaker 13: So we were vibing off the conversation about football, and I didn't want it to stop.
Speaker 10: Also, guys that he stands up and some banana mash comes out.
Speaker 12: Of his legs.
Speaker 4: You get up at some point walked the r How did you keep it in your pants? You wear in tidy whities.
Speaker 1: That would like carry it really through the loom.
Speaker 13: You think, yeah, I don't want to, you know, get in the specific spot. It's kind of embarrassing. But yeah, that's why I had eventually stop at the restroom on the way home.
Speaker 3: That's when he got out and cleaned up. So, I mean, Sasha, now now we're getting the truth of what was really happening. Is that changing your opinion a little bit about Kyle?
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 11: It is I wish he would have told me, But how.
Speaker 1: I got to stand up for him on that one?
Speaker 4: How the hell do you approach that conversation on a first date.
Speaker 6: I mean, he has a lot of regret and he's learned to lessen, I think, is where we're at at this point, and he was just trying to impress you. That's you.
Speaker 11: Maybe guess he shouldn't have told me because that that probably been weird too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at least can you imagine, Hey, Sasha, I got a banana in my pants.
Speaker 3: That line's worked for some people before.
Speaker 13: Yeah, guys, I'm still here the phone, going one more date, right?
Speaker 3: I mean, Sasha, look at the confidence that it's taken him to stay on the line and put himself out there like this. Yeah, I mean that says a lot about who he is. And I think maybe you should give him one more shot at another date, and we would pay for it and the fruit. No, we're not paying for any fruit. No, No, just the date.
Speaker 11: You're laughing, Sasha, I don't mind going on a second date.
Speaker 13: Just make sure you leave the banana a whole.
Speaker 1: Okay, you were just trying to impress.
Speaker 6: You should like a literal banana.
Speaker 13: Hannah Yeah, that's something I can't agree to him not bringing a banana this.
Speaker 11: But if the day goes, I might even actually bring the banana on a third date.
Speaker 3: Oh now, it's just got weird.
Speaker 4: Take it as a positive.
Speaker 3: He got weird and I like it.
Speaker 12: Freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Remember I talked about this on the show a while ago, But I stuffed my pants for one week in middle school with a sock because I was a late bloomer and got kind of self conscious about it. And that eighth grade choice would have been a better decision than what Kyle decided to do on his date, aka mister Banana Pat.
Speaker 6: Do you think his friend was joking him and like Kyle, Kyle missed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like took it too literal.
Speaker 3: Kyle did have a big problem with like communication and understanding what was jokes and what was serious. Yeah, his friend may have been messing with him, and it totally screwed him over on the date because when you think.
Speaker 5: About it, there's a lot of curve in banana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well somebody.
Speaker 10: Saw that shape as tiny at one side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot happening there.
Speaker 6: There was, you know what, he is the most endearing banana pants guy that I've ever heard like.
Speaker 5: He's honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the thing. When you tell the truth and you come clean and be honest, that really sets you free. On this show.
Speaker 4: I hope we get an update update from them.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want an update update, especially after what she said is going to happen during date three.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: She can DM you directly at Brook Fox Fox on Instagram. You can reach out to Brook and give her all the weird details about what you guys do with that, but not everybody else. Everybody how do you use your banana? But if you want to get a second day it up to you can always email the show and we'll call the person who's been calling you back.
Speaker 12: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Everyone has a celebrity that they can't stand. Oh, and there's usually a good reason for it. But have you ever found yourself disliking a famous person that you really can't put your finger on why you just kind of hate them?
Speaker 10: Yeah, something about their face.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a poll done about celebrities you hate for no good reason.
Speaker 5: I cannot think of one.
Speaker 4: It's not even people who have gotten canceled or anything.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can't have a good reason for it, it's just random. I don't like that person.
Speaker 5: Remind me tell me who I hate.
Speaker 3: Although it's funny, some people just couldn't help but explain themselves, which goes against the primise of this I'm.
Speaker 5: Supposed to explain.
Speaker 3: But here were the highlights. Number fourteen Jerry Seinfeld. Someone said he just seems really cocky.
Speaker 6: I don't like him only because my husband still tells that same Jerry Seinfeld tsa joke every time we go through TSA.
Speaker 3: The deal with that?
Speaker 4: I mean, oh god, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a classic. So how dare you? Number twelve Jerry twelve is Will Ferrell. They cite him having a punchable face.
Speaker 1: I hear a lot of people say that Number.
Speaker 3: Nine is Gwyneth Paltrow. Yeah, I don't know if there's no good reason, there's probably plenty of reasons you come up with.
Speaker 4: She's so out of touch as the problem.
Speaker 3: Number six Adam Sandler, same character, same joke, same movies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you know what you're doing, Will Ferrell's the same, Yeah, I mean is they different type of role?
Speaker 3: Number four's Ed Sheeran. Number three most of the entire cast of friends.
Speaker 5: Fuck, I don't agree with any of these.
Speaker 3: Number two is Harry's styles one person. One person said, I just don't like the whole be positive thing that he's pushing on.
Speaker 1: Sheer in I don't want to hear.
Speaker 3: And the number one most hated celeb for no good reason year after year, it's Justin Bieber. Everybody hates for.
Speaker 4: Some reason reasons. He's getting better. He's trying to fix his ways.
Speaker 3: Text into seven eighty five nine two who on this show do you hate the most for no good reason? And reading Remember Brooke is spelled with two o's, just in case it comes up no good.
Speaker 5: Reason, I'm saying yourself.
Speaker 3: Laser Story is coming up next. It's the radio segment that's starting a high tech rodeo where instead of horses and bulls, cowboys try and stay on a rumba while balancing on one foot without getting thrown off.
Speaker 4: It's exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I get a gehaw For Laser Stories, it's a segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other spur suckers just don't. This first laser story is out of Ontario. Nine to one one got a call recently from a fifteen year old girl, and according to the police, she told them her emergency was a unique one, okay, and she let the dispatcher know that quote her parents forced her to go on vacation with them.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've all been held hostage as a teenager before.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She then hung up. So authorities weren't sure if that was code for something else, and they said two costs.
Speaker 4: They're like, looking on TikTok, does that mean anything.
Speaker 3: They sent two cops to check things out, make sure there wasn't anything else going on. That's when they got to the cottage where the family was staying. It found out that really was the only reason the girl had called.
Speaker 5: And we're in a cottage. The Wi fi is awful here.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many board games my dad wants to play?
Speaker 3: She was particularly upset with her father and younger brother for making her play frisbee instead of being on her cell phone. Right, the police chief says, quote, this appeared to be a case of teenagers just being teenagers. Although she perceived this as a real issue, it was not appropriate use of nine to one one Luckily, her police didn't file any charges against the team for misusing the emergency line. As for the game of frisbee, reports are she still does not enjoy it, especially with her family. Okay, his next laser stories out of Missouri. The pilot of a crop dusting plane was doing this thing last month. It's not okay, this is an actual plane that was the crops. He heard some loud noises.
Speaker 4: Happening in the plane.
Speaker 3: He was in the air and was confused at what was going on, but then realized he was in trouble. Turns out a sixty two year old guy on the ground named Donald Bates Junior was shooting at him. Yeah, oh my, Why well? Donald lived on the farm next to the place he was crop dusting and was angry about the plane flying so low and close to his house.
Speaker 4: Nobody, I mean literally, the plane will be gone in seconds.
Speaker 12: Just wave.
Speaker 3: Not only was he flipping off the pilot, he was also holding a shotgun in one hand.
Speaker 5: Plane. Where do you come on, bro, that's not a lot of range.
Speaker 3: The pilot decided to leave the area and crop dust a different farm nearby to avoid any drama, like use a better.
Speaker 12: Gun thy.
Speaker 3: Crop Duster's fly real low, real close to when he landed at an airport. Later on, he noticed fuel leaking from a bullet hole in the Then he found another hole in the nose cone, so he reported it to the cops, and when authorities arrived, Donald admitted he'd been holding a gun to intimidate the pilot, but claimed he never fired any shots.
Speaker 4: Yea, those boles are from the other thing.
Speaker 3: Although a witness nearby said they heard up to fifteen shots. Oh so police arrested.
Speaker 1: Him forget.
Speaker 5: Just carefully.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Jose.
Speaker 3: This next laser story is out of food news.
Speaker 13: Yay.
Speaker 3: Applebee's is up to something that's getting some press. I'm not sure if it's good news or not. They partnered with a makeup company to create four lip gloss shades that taste like the restaurant's wing sauces. Oh my god, that is discussing. The flavors are get me Hot Buffaloes, which every wondering is a coral color.
Speaker 4: I mean when I think sexy, I think Applebee's.
Speaker 3: Then there's a gold flecked deep red called Sweet Chili Kiss.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 3: Next up is the glass called be My Honey Pepper in shimmery gold better, and last, but not least, is a smoky burgundy called Honey Barbecue Tea.
Speaker 1: Like burn a little and plump your lips exactly.
Speaker 3: They're called Saucy Gloss and it goes along with their new promotion called Taste My Face, which is available masks you got.
Speaker 4: A backfire if it actually tastes better than the real food.
Speaker 3: In other food news, a new seasoning blend is being rolled out to stores nationwide this month that makes everything taste like Snickers, chocolate.
Speaker 4: And caramel and peanuts like okay, nugget, where are we going?
Speaker 3: Each jar is filled with around seven ounces of Snickers in powdered form that's supposed to be for things like ice cream or milkshakes, pancakes, and frozen yogurt.
Speaker 4: More more options than that.
Speaker 3: So I mean mostly a dessert thing, but hey, it's also a un your spaghetti. Let us know how that goes? Okay, I actually would next says the story is out of Candy Central Wood.
Speaker 4: It's like we didn't even leave.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: This sounds more like a Halloween costume than a job title. But it is a real job and even kids can apply for it. A website called Candy Funhouse is looking to hire their first chief candy officer with a salary of one hundred thousand dollars a year. Oh my, anyone over the age of five can apply.
Speaker 5: Some six year old can.
Speaker 4: Be shut up pose. I'm going to beat those kids out for this job. They don't know how to write a cover letter.
Speaker 3: You've been wanting to put your kids to work for years, Brook, This is the perfect opportunity.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to pay for the Dennis bills after.
Speaker 3: They take this job. I have good news on that front coming in just a bit. But anybody over the edge of five can apply. No previous work experience necessary.
Speaker 4: If you have it at five.
Speaker 3: I was a child laborer before the One of the only prerequisites is.
Speaker 4: You have to love candy, got it my whole family.
Speaker 3: You have to be willing to taste test a ton of it and have no serious food allergies. The main job duties include deciding which products to carry, so the choice comes down to you. You must also taste test three thousand, five hundred different candies a month a month, or more than one hundred every day.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's flaring up?
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 4: How one hundred a day. Oh my god, your tongue is just going to be blitter like sugar blisters everywhere.
Speaker 3: So if you or child are interested, you have till the end of the months. Who apply on LinkedIn and good news, Brook, it does come with an extensive dental plant.
Speaker 1: Oh goody, lose your baby teeth anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this's get of dentures now perfect.
Speaker 3: What's the possibility of brook leaving her lucrative job as a radio host to be a head candy tester Pretty high. I mean she'll have to beat out some pretty stiff competition. Oh this guy, I know, this guy likes it sweet, so good luck beating him out. That sound means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Friday. Brooks going for eight wins in a row. Today, you're gonna be playing Amy from Bothel who is an attorney. Oo, Amy, So don't make her angry? What's up, Amy?
Speaker 4: Everything, everything's up?
Speaker 7: I'm ready?
Speaker 13: Oh ready?
Speaker 4: Now are you going to try to sue me if you lose?
Speaker 14: Absolutely not? Okay, Okay, I don't do anybody. I'm a different kind of attorney. What kind of attorney I'm an information governance attorney.
Speaker 7: Don't ask me about that, though asked me about my three kids. I have a lot more fun doing that.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it sounds pretty sexy.
Speaker 3: I think I rubbed some information governments on my rash the other day.
Speaker 4: I don't think we got it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not smart enough to understand her job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just going to send Brick out of the studio while that happens. Amy, you know how the game's played. You have thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win. You Ready, Ready, all right, here we go. Your time starts now. The TV show South Park aired its first ever episode on this day in what year of the late nineties?
Speaker 7: Nine?
Speaker 3: World famous soccer star Lionel Messi is from what South American countryell? How big is the diameter of a regulation basketball hoop twelve eighteen or twenty four inches wide?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: In the Catholic Church, which day of the week marks the start of Lent.
Speaker 7: Gooding?
Speaker 3: The song when You Wish upon a Star is featured in what iconic Disney film.
Speaker 12: Oh makes a difference Who you are?
Speaker 14: Pinocchio.
Speaker 3: All right, we got that in We're gonna bring Brooke back into the studio. And you mentioned that you have three children.
Speaker 14: I have three boys.
Speaker 3: Three boys.
Speaker 4: That's so funny.
Speaker 6: My best friend in the whole world is an attorney as well. It also has three boys.
Speaker 1: Is this Megan didn't be friends with her?
Speaker 7: I'm transferred to three boy mom club?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Is that where you just cry and drink at the same time.
Speaker 14: No, it's we're gonna plan retreats and like go away overnight and make our husbands take care of their boys.
Speaker 3: All right, Brook, you're up? You ready? Yes, your time starts now. The TV show South Park aired its first ever episode on.
Speaker 4: This day in what year of the late nineties ninety nine?
Speaker 3: World famous soccer star Lionel Messi's from what South American country?
Speaker 4: Brazil?
Speaker 3: How big is the diameter of a regulation basketball hoop? Twelve eighteen or twenty four inches wide?
Speaker 4: Eighteen?
Speaker 3: In the Catholic Church, which day of the week marks the start of Lent Tuesday? The song when You Wish upon a Star is featured in what iconic Disney film Pinocchio. All right, answers are in We're going to the scoreboard to see how you did with Jose.
Speaker 4: So did you eat a lot of French onion soup last night?
Speaker 3: Or is that just the natural scent your body secretes?
Speaker 5: Hell, Amy, you got one correct today.
Speaker 4: I got Tuesday and Brook.
Speaker 5: Yeah you did get Tuesday wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you still got too. I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Oh, Amy, would you like to object and approach the bench?
Speaker 5: She accepts the ruler.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's go over the answers for everybody. The TV show south Park aired its first episode on this day in nineteen ninety seven. Show still on the air.
Speaker 5: I love the south Park so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you did it. We're gonna move past it.
Speaker 3: Soccer star Lionel Messi is from Argentina. Diameter of a regulation basketball hoop is eighteen inches wide. In the Catholic Church, ash Wednesday starts.
Speaker 5: Fat Friday is what ends Lent.
Speaker 6: Just so you know, she said, right, and Fat Tuesday happens the night before ash Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Right, No, that's true, for absolutely happens Catholic.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be so much.
Speaker 3: In the song when you Wish upon a Star that's featured in the Disney film Pinocchio. So Amy, I'm sorry. Brooke, Ah, you too, can't give you any money. We'll be back to play winn Brooks Bucks same time
Speaker 12: Tomorrow, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.