Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo Charlamagne the Guy, Peace to the playing. It is Thursday, Yes, it's Thursday, and we got our special guest host. She's back, key key on it. Friends, Hey, good morning morning friend Shottown's own. Oh you know it's how you feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling good, Okay, I love it. You know, I ordered me a little chef from Renaissent, but it didn't get here. Get it one of my little baby sh Yeah, I'm trying to give you one, but it didn't.
Speaker 4: It didn't yet, but you know, maybe he'll come through a little later.
Speaker 2: Well, Ki kids joining us. And also Michael Bivens is our special guest this morning. He has a documentary out, you know, Michael Bivins from BBD New Edition. Another bad creation.
Speaker 1: You don't know Michael Bivins, You ain't black.
Speaker 2: Boys to men.
Speaker 5: If you don't know Michael Bivins, you ain't black, okay. Vince okay, And I said pens.
Speaker 1: Okay, same white man, same white man, another version of a different white man.
Speaker 5: Damn, that's all right, but that docum, it's out the day? Right, did a hustle of Mike Bibbs, Yes, this.
Speaker 1: Was out the day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, six seven, the hustle of Mic, the hustle of at six one seven mics.
Speaker 2: That's right. And salute to Dave Chapelle. Today's Dave Chapelle's birthday. Today's is born day, So salute to Dave Chapelle. Drop a bomb for Dave Chapelle.
Speaker 1: That's a milestone number, right, there's a milestone number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you did last night? Did y'all do anything fun yesterday? At all?
Speaker 1: I was watching the debate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I walked around the city a little bit, and it's just crazy being here and they're walking outside. People was really like you, the girl that was on that this morning, why would you up there with them? So I met a lot of y'all haters yesterday, uh huh. But they didn't know I was from Chicago, so it didn't really get to you know. I had to strap on me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's necessarily haters, but it's people that like to debate the things that we discussed. Yes, So I can vary from day to day, so one day they might agree another day.
Speaker 1: They might be against something that was said.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: That's fact.
Speaker 4: Now, that is true.
Speaker 2: They're very passionate. They definitely always wanted debate. Yes, yes, all the time, even when you got to catch a flight and the like. He hey, I got a question. Yeah, well six months ago, you said what I said, what I said, what you say. I'm all for that.
Speaker 5: Just just approach me about something that I said. You know what I mean, like, oh my god, hello, yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't come to me about something.
Speaker 5: And he said that somebody else said, come to me about something.
Speaker 3: I said, you know, shout out to the dude that lives in a Times Square. He talked to me for about an hour about stuff. I was like, I wasn't even there, bro.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even that. I wasn't even happens all the time. Yeah, all right, well let's get the show cracking front page news. We got a lot to discuss. Rudy Giuliani, of course, turned himself in yesterday, your President Trump, your ex president Trump. He's turning himself intoday, pop.
Speaker 5: And I'm telling you that mugshot T shirt Trump campaign will be selling those by tomorrow for one hundred dollars a pop mark my word.
Speaker 2: Trump should do something wow, like get a ball d just go there with a ball hands so it looks like.
Speaker 1: It's gonna look ridiculous. And either way he shows.
Speaker 3: Up, get him a new wig, I mean, and we can pre order right now Instagram.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, add on, all right, we'll get to it next. It's the Breakfast Club on Morning Morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Key Key joining us today. Good morning, and let's get right in front Page News. Tessling figure over, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good woman.
Speaker 7: In dj MV, Good morning, Ki Ki as Charlotmagne the Goday.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into a lot going on. And you want to start with Rudy Giuliani.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's start with Rudy Giuliani.
Speaker 7: I'm sure many of you saw that mug shots circulating the internet yesterday. It was actually several mug shots, but Rudy Giuliani, obviously him being the former New York mayor, stood out too many.
Speaker 6: We know that he was Donald Trump's lawyer and confidant.
Speaker 7: He turned himself in in jail on yesterday in Atlanta with charges that related to overturning the then President Trump's lost in twenty twenty. The former New York mayor was indeted last week along with Trump and seventeen others.
Speaker 6: Bulton County District Attorney Fannie.
Speaker 7: Willis said that they participated in the wide range of conspiracy to subvert the of the people. So his bond was set for one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, was only second to Trump's two hundred thousand. They got some reaction from him coming out of a jail.
Speaker 2: Let's listen, do you regret attaching your name of the former president?
Speaker 8: I am very, very honored to be involved in this case because this case is a fight for our way of life. This, this indictment is a travesty. It's an attack on not just me, not just President Trump, not just a people in this indictment, some of them I don't even knowing. This is an attack on the American people. If this can happen to me, who is probably the most prolific prosecutor maybe in American history, and the most effective mayor for sure, it can happen to you.
Speaker 1: I wonder how much you Rudy Giuliani, Mukshat T shirt gonna go for I think it. I think it'll do well in New York. Like there's a lot of you know, New Yorkers.
Speaker 5: Who loved me and Juliana who feel like he was one of the best mayor that about twenty five bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty five New York Okay plus ship Okay, okay, Canal Street nine ninety nine. Okay, okay, okay. I can see that happening though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by the way, yeah, absolutely, And even if you're not a fan of Rudy Juliani, if you one of the people who you know went to jail a prison because Uli, you definitely have that one, throw that shot T shirt on, you know, just to say, hey, how I feel that's right?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Donald Trump, what time does he have to turn himself in?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you know she gave.
Speaker 7: Everybody until noon to turn themselves in. As of yesterday, this is about seven hours ago. Nine defendants have surrendered and ten have not. So we shouldn't see quite a few mug shots going out today, including President Trump. And now we can say for sure, guys that you think President Trump will be taking that mug shot.
Speaker 6: You know, we wondered would she do that. It looks like Vannie Willis.
Speaker 7: That's definitely the one that's that's going to make the former president standing in that line and polls for the camera.
Speaker 6: So we should start seeing that roll on out this afternoon.
Speaker 1: All of other people got I go before Trump. I'm sure Trump would like to go last, just for the theatrics of it. All that Trump mugshot T shirt.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you it's gonna be a Trump's campaign, gonna be selling it by tomorrow for one hundred dollars a pop, and y'all gonna be buying him, helping him with.
Speaker 1: His legal fees. I guarantee it. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is front page News now.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 2: Next hour we're gonna be talking about the Republican debate last night a lot. It was very spicy last night, huh.
Speaker 6: Very spicy. One thing Republicans do is keep it spicy. So yeah, when we come back and second hour, we're gonna break all that down, have some highlights for you.
Speaker 2: Was Larry outside do we know we don't know where Larry is, all right, get it off your chest, but on the stage we know that for sure. Five eight five one five one. If you need to vent. Phone lines a wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one Phone lines of wide open. Let us know how you're feeling, how you woke up this morning, how your date was yesterday, all that good stuff. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the Breakfast Club? Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: This is your time to get it off your chest calling eight hundred and five eight five one five one.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 13: Rob?
Speaker 9: Man calls from the free.
Speaker 1: Bro three low country? What's happening?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 14: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: Just call man?
Speaker 15: I just want to shout out to the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 16: I listen to y'all guys every morning, and I just want to tell y'all I appreciate everything y'all doing for the community.
Speaker 17: Man, and you you.
Speaker 14: Riding with y'all over here and see Charlamagne. What's happening, bro?
Speaker 1: What's up? Family? How you doing? Brother?
Speaker 4: Good? Good man?
Speaker 9: I just want to last thing, man, Lock trump up, man, go away the key.
Speaker 1: Well we about to see.
Speaker 15: Yes, have a good day man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to Hello.
Speaker 12: Who's that?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 9: Mornings chewing stone.
Speaker 18: What up?
Speaker 2: Brother, Get off your chest?
Speaker 9: I'm good. How you doing, hey friend?
Speaker 1: Hey peace King?
Speaker 9: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Black man?
Speaker 19: I'm good.
Speaker 9: Man. Here at work, man, hustling, trying to make it out game. I got you heavy, you know, I just wanted to say, I wanted to pack.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to fall back to my car Showre you coming this weekend?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna bring my down in your own sun. Man. But the only thing is I didn't get in my ticket in my email yet.
Speaker 2: Man, that's good.
Speaker 9: We got your blessing, yea.
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 2: If you won, yeah, yeah, we got you. My son will be there too. So if your son's into the games or any of that, because my son's a gaming now, so they could just chilling me games, you could just sit back, relax and just have a drink.
Speaker 9: Brother. That's gonna be dope.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 9: I can't wait to see you get man. It's for a while, you know, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. It's a two day show, so you can come Saturday and Sunday, and of course we got come Sunday coming Sunday amusement rides and all that other stuff. So yeah, bring the whole family out. There's gonna be music. We have a lot of fun. Man, it's a family fun day.
Speaker 9: Well, reason why I'm coming Sunday because Saturday I go to church.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, I keep it Saturday right, Oh, you go to church on Saturday.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, you gotta keep church with me too, Charlotte, Man, I know you go to Sunday.
Speaker 1: That I tap in every day. I was this morning.
Speaker 5: I was actually riding in looking into Saturdayjay Roberts the Mystery and Grace sermon from Sunday, good to happen.
Speaker 9: It's good to tap in every day.
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 9: But the correct wors in the Bible is seven day.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, sir, all right, love peace, king peace. Okay. I worship every day though I used to go after do Kingdom Hall. I mean a field service on Saturday because I grew Jehovah witness.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 5: That was tough, you know, Saturday morning cartoons we grew up on in in nineteen hundred. You know I mean to have to give up, get up and go to do field service on a Saturday.
Speaker 4: I still got it in you, Yeah, Like, let's knock on my dough.
Speaker 1: I want to see if you still I only remember I don't remember what we used to say. Wow, I remember we used to have to have to watch towers in the awakes. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't be seeing them in Jerseys like that. In Queens all the time, it was like a can they come here? They come here, they come, turn the light. I don't know why we turn lights it was day with daytime. I don't know why we turn like turn lights off.
Speaker 1: I definitely to see in Jersey of a lot, especially why you need to live in.
Speaker 2: Now Queen's all day long?
Speaker 21: Hello, who's this I going doing?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Can you get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: Brother? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Basically the same with Rudy Giuliani.
Speaker 9: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: They booked the law, they tried to get books that they were shutting up gone and they wanted to be accountable, held accountable.
Speaker 1: What they are, they are being held accountable, you know what I'm saying. This is just the first steps.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why people just expect for them to be in prison tomorrow, you know what I mean. But this is the first steps. You gotta get arrested first.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's a new day.
Speaker 2: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait up, whether you're man or.
Speaker 4: Blessed, something to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you want the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 15: This is Brad from out of Hillsboro, Texas.
Speaker 2: Hey, Brad from Texas. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: I just want to say that with all the attention seeking that Donald Trump usually does, I can totally see him making them come and get him, not actually turning himself in.
Speaker 2: No doubt that now he's gonna turn himself in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll be in Atlanta because you know, it's the spectacle of it all. Donald Trump is enjoying the spectacle of it all.
Speaker 1: He wants to fly down there.
Speaker 5: He wants his you know, his followers and supporters to be there at the jail. He wants to get the mug shot because they're gonna put that on T shirts, ye mugs, and who knows what else.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think he wants the spectacle of.
Speaker 2: It Yeah, Yeah, he's gonna turn it. He's gonna say, if they can do it to a former president, they could do it to you. Vote for me to you know, he's gonna use it. This is gonna be his slogan.
Speaker 5: He said yesterday, I'm proud to get arrested. See, I can't wait to get arrested tomorrow. I'm proud to get arrested on behalf of the American people.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 15: All right, all right, I agree with that.
Speaker 9: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: And good morning, all right, very right?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 12: Mama?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: My name?
Speaker 1: You named after the singer.
Speaker 2: Morning your chest?
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 16: I just wanted to get off my chest about messy people at work, talk about it, okay, it would be the ones that be older than you that be messier than everybody there. So I was in a situation back here over the weekend. It worked.
Speaker 18: That happened with two guys that got into an argument. Everybody looking at me like they were arguing.
Speaker 1: Over about me. Were they right?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 16: I ain't got nothing going on with neither one.
Speaker 14: And the one who started all of the.
Speaker 18: It was his job to get my supplies that I needed him again, So he made a big deal and argue with another.
Speaker 16: Dude like they was gonna fight and all of this.
Speaker 18: So now the big manager came in, got up and talk to us about the situation. So why is I'm looking at being the one who looked at as a bad guy like I started out this when I just asked him to come do myself that he supposed to do this.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're missing out of the story.
Speaker 2: The two guys are fighting over you.
Speaker 9: The argument.
Speaker 16: Actually, the argument was about him coming to get myself.
Speaker 14: It is his job to come and get the stuff.
Speaker 16: So the dude told him that you knew it was your job to come get the stuff. So why is you arguing with me about this?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, man, I can't.
Speaker 1: I need to see the HR report. Yes, sorry, I need to hear the more detailed story.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's hi?
Speaker 23: Good morning, it's failing. How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Hey, failing? Good morning? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: Well, I wanted to.
Speaker 23: Talk to you guys because I wanted Why was it to us g MB. I wanted to come to your car show this Saturday, and I didn't find out about it until last minute, so now won't be able to come. I wanted to be a vendor at the car show. Are you having any other car shows this year?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: This is the last call show this weekend. It's a two day call show Saturday and Sunday. But no, this is the last one of the year, Mama, Probably not until next summer.
Speaker 23: Oh that's so I wanted to be a vendor. I'm gonna be a vendor in Atlanta Yanti pop up shopping, said, Can I shout out my business? I have you guys.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so.
Speaker 24: I'm a boutique on from New York.
Speaker 23: The name of my boot pique is the seco dot com. Everyone check me out. It is baz in Bravo au see isn't Charlie I q u ot dot com. And I'm gonna be in Atlanta this Sunday at Yande's pop up shop. And hopefully next year I'll be a part of the car show and I could be a vendor there.
Speaker 2: Okay, no problem. Feeling thank you.
Speaker 23: Though, Thank you love you guys, Mike, love you back.
Speaker 2: And yes, my call show is this weekend is the last call show for me of the year. It's a two day show Saturday and Sunday. So I can't wait to see you guys. Celebrity cause old cause anxiety, cause it's gonna be so many calls, so many dealerships pulling in with it with with exclusive CA and then we got the amusement rides, games, jumpies and all types of activations for the kids. We want you to bring the kids. And if you got kids five and under, there absolutely positively free. So bring the kids, bring the family, food trucks. There be a bar there, so it's gonna be a lot of fun. So if you haven't got your tickets, to get your tickets now. All right, it's limited space because we're doing it indoors and we're back in the Tri State area right now. Kiki, who's our special guest hols. We got rumors on the way where we.
Speaker 3: Talking about we got some rumors everybody's choosing violence against Kobe Bailey and I don't like it.
Speaker 2: That's Charla Mane cousin.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that so we might have to get the strap.
Speaker 3: Also, Kevin Hart rolling around in some new wheels. I'm gonna tell you about it.
Speaker 9: Yo.
Speaker 2: Did we pack Kiki down? It's the same time. This is the second time she says she got the strap this morning Chicago. Is she on the outside of because she says she got the strap twice got Chicago.
Speaker 1: She's just letting us know.
Speaker 2: Now I want what's your emergency? Is a girl head woman there with a strap?
Speaker 4: I got y'all back, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll get to it. Nextus to Breakfast Club in the morning. The Breakfast Club, everybody s j n V Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest co host Kiki. Good morning, and let's jump to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Hey, friends, make yourself at home.
Speaker 25: Okay, say last, this is the rumor report an.
Speaker 2: Heavy on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Now let's get into these rumors.
Speaker 2: Chad, let go she got a gun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, always, but let's get into the roomors now.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So Chloe Bailey, she's catching some heat online right now and I don't like it. But here's why. Her sister, Holly Bailey. There's been rumor circulating that she may be pregnant by her wrapper boyfriend d d G. Now you know, this is our little mermaid, So we are very protective over Chloe and Holly. But Holly was, you know, not addressing the rumor. So Chloe was online talking about it during the live stream, and here's what she said.
Speaker 4: Able to keep my sister's name out your mouth.
Speaker 7: Thank you, amen, Amen, hallelujah, Lord God to get me rob the hell up.
Speaker 2: Anyways, love you, We don't play about hell you no like what the heck?
Speaker 20: Period?
Speaker 3: Now to me, that's harmless. You're just addressing people, talking about your sister and being protective.
Speaker 4: All right. So since she said that.
Speaker 3: Now, funky doneva. He's on Fox so's TGIF with our friend Claudia Jordan. Well, y'all, friend, I'm acting like I know Claudia, but shout out to the queen. So he's on that show and he had a lot to say in response to Chloe. Let's say, let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 21: I can officially say, oh like her, Chloe Bailey is so goddamn lame to me, first of all, girl, you are missed preppy Ashley from the suburbs. Then you came out you was being all promiscuous, and then now you're trying to be a gangster. None of it is believable, girl, none of it is believable. And I'm probably gonna catch a lot of backlash of this, and without that makeup she ain't q She should have never showed up on their camera with that fat ass face without no makeup. She ain't cute. You're not believable. You're so goddamn inauthentic. That's why today's selling. All right, that's number one. The girl is clearly pregnant. You really wanted to.
Speaker 9: Shut it down.
Speaker 2: All you had to do the next day was be like, yay, don.
Speaker 19: Know, y'all need to stop player pregnant.
Speaker 4: War.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's his opinion, but I don't agree with any of it. And you know that's that's her sisters. Like, that's that's not being gangster. When you come to the defense of a family. If you don't like something that somebody's saying about your your family member, I'm sure you would come to the defense of that person.
Speaker 2: And you don't have to be a gangster to do that.
Speaker 1: And how are you gonna tell somebody that they clearly pregnant, that's her sister. How you gonna tell me that my sister is clearly pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's like you said, that's a family member, that's her sister. Like, I mean, I think the weakest person come to defense of their family member, regardless of what it is, has nothing to do with gangst it. Now, if he doesn't like her or doesn't like her music, that's something different. That's his opinion. And you know, opinions are like a holes everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody got when in the reality of the situation, is everybody just making content Like I would tell Chloe and Helly, don't even pay attention to stuff like that because everybody's gonna have an opinion because who y'all.
Speaker 1: Are exactly what else they're gonna talk about exactly? You know, But it's kind of scrange to tell somebody clearly she pregnant. I don't know if she's pregnant or not, but that's my sister. I think I would know before everybody else would know. How you would tell me my sister is clearly pregnant.
Speaker 3: But it's even outside of just saying that she's pregnant, it's him going off on Chloe like this. And I love Funky Doniva, but this is a Chloe Bailey stand account over here, so we can argue about.
Speaker 2: It on what you think about what he was saying.
Speaker 3: I really, when you know, you can say your opinion, but to call her ugly to say she's her face is fat?
Speaker 4: Like what was the cause for all of that?
Speaker 1: And none of those things are true by the way, right from.
Speaker 3: And I feel like Chloe catches a lot of heat because people do not like perfection. Beyonce goes through it as well, Like when you immediately tell me you don't like Beyonce, I judge you a little bit because what is there really not to like?
Speaker 4: She doesn't speak much, so what is there to really not like?
Speaker 3: And I feel like Chloe is going through that a lot as well, Like people are just dragging her at every moment, But what is there not to like? She kid's gonna stay, She's saying she's great, she's beautiful.
Speaker 20: What is that?
Speaker 1: That's how you know you're successful. Yeah, and when people, you know, when people have needless criticism like that, that's when you know you're successful.
Speaker 2: Once again, who else they gonna talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you shouldn't be talking about them.
Speaker 3: And to say she's ugly without makeup, that was like so low. And I love funky Downiva, but this is a man who used to put on makeup before he got on the camera every day, so like, let's not do that. I just felt like that was wrong. So Chloe Bailey, girls just stay strong. She did respond she was some tweets. She said, people be so mad at your happiness. Get help, and then then she retweeted herself this or no. Sister retweeted her and said they need help immediately.
Speaker 17: I think so.
Speaker 1: I'm still stuck on the fact you're gonna tell me clearly my sister pregnant.
Speaker 5: By the way, I don't know if she's pregnant or not. But I don't know how you can just say that with so much confidence, clearly she's pregnant. It's my fifty I'm with her every day.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just don't know how people can say things like that with so much confidence.
Speaker 3: It's been video circulating. I won't speak on the pregnancy because that out of no. But girl, don't come for her.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Kevin Hart, now your friends is getting a little old down here because the man is now in a wheelchair, and I'll let him tell you why.
Speaker 22: To all my men women out there that are forty years old and above, it's not a game. Respect that age or that age will make you respect it. It's just public surface announcement. Because I know people may see me out and I don't want you to be alarm, but I'm in a wheelchair. Shout out to Steven wildly. I'm gonna go to put this story out there before you do. Me and Steven we got into a little debate. This debate was based off of who's faster. Steven said, Kevi, ain't no way you're gonna beat me. Steven is ex NFL running back play for the even Patriots. I said, Steve, you can bet it, he said back. I said back.
Speaker 17: We get out there, we go run a forty year old dash. Guys, I blew all.
Speaker 13: My tore my lord abdomen. My abductors are torn. I don't even know what that is, but I tore him.
Speaker 17: I can't walk. What are we competing for this age?
Speaker 1: Why we like?
Speaker 4: What am I doing?
Speaker 9: Stupid?
Speaker 18: And love it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 22: I can't walk because I'm somewhere trying to get the title of the fastest the barbecue.
Speaker 1: Kev's absolutely right.
Speaker 5: Once you hit forty and above, you know, things change, but also sounds to me like keV needs to add some more running to his workouts, more random versus speed.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta get on the bike and just sprink you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, it seems like keV does that. He seemed like he does those jobs. But when your body wants to give out, and your body gives out. Last week, shout to my Jewish partner Ronnie. He had a birthday party. It's nothing but white people, and I came and they wanted to play basketball. So since I'm the black guy, they said, I'm gonna take envy right. Okay, But I don't play ball with people anymore because people get too aggressive, too rough, and I can't afford the injury. I got too many kids. So as I started to play, I realized I don't want to play no more because they playing like it's the NBA and I want to play like it's fun. Yeah, and they hit me too hard, and I was like, you know what, I'm just going to pass the ball from now. I'm not going to drive to the lane and I'm not gonna do that. So but shout to Ronney and on them. I had a good time, but I'm not playing basketball no more. I don't want to play. I don't want to have those type of games because I my body doesn't heal the same way.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel you.
Speaker 3: It's just certain stuff that you shouldn't do after a certain age, and that's okay. It's like for big girls, it's certain stuff that I just don't do. You know, when we're in the club and they everybody wants shot their Meganese. Baby, I know I ain't got it. I ain't never hed get down there.
Speaker 1: And it's not enoughing here to put you get down there? Don't you do?
Speaker 4: So you know what I do, Chara Bay say, girl, give me that phone. Let me get this video on you. So I go ahead, I hype them up, get the video.
Speaker 1: Don't be going, don't do the Meganese. Wait till the wobbles come on. When the come on, it's your time, and yall slide right right, don't go chasing meganies. Stick to the wobbles and shot y'all slide with y'all, U.
Speaker 4: Big girls, I send that chot y'all slide down.
Speaker 2: Okay, come all, I'm coming together to pick somebody that we gonna be like six minutes.
Speaker 5: DJs need to start doing the service and start saying that though you know what I'm saying, Like, Yo, big girls, should we see y'all send y'all time playing the wobble in two songs.
Speaker 2: There's some big girls that got some good k needs.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, it's always one in the group that a big girl that hit a split and she represents for all of us.
Speaker 4: But I know my lane, I know my territory, and I stay where I'm welcome.
Speaker 1: It look good in the club, but then they get in the car and cry.
Speaker 2: Hit them damn mega. Okay, you put too much weight on them joints.
Speaker 4: You gotta take it for the team.
Speaker 2: Gee, it's all right. Well that is your room of report. Now when we come back, we got front page news. Teslim figure O will be joining us. We got to talk about the Republicans last night. They were a little spicy. And then Michael Bimans will be joining us. It don't move.
Speaker 11: It's to breakfast Club. On be et, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Look at it.
Speaker 2: Turn a small bet into a big payday with DraftKings Sports Book, Same Game paul A. You can pocket more cash when you can buy multiple bets from one game. Download the app, sign up with code Envy and get a special offer. Restrictions apply see DraftKings dot Com. Slash Sports Book for details. Mourning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the gud. We are the breakfast club. We got Kiki here, our special guest hosts, and let's get in some front page news. Tessland figure over, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good good morning, Kei, Kei, and Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: The guy he's the hood whisperer at Tesland figure out.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the spicy debate. Let's jump right into it.
Speaker 6: Man, I love it is.
Speaker 7: One thing that I love about Republicans is the debate season.
Speaker 6: They go low, they go high, the jabs, the all of the hilarious content that they gave us last night. But it actually was a really good debate. I certainly enjoyed it. The first Republican debate again.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty four presidential primary was held in Milwaukee. Eight candidas qualified for the spot on the stage. Governor Bergham A, former governor Chris Christi, Florida Governor Rond DeSantis, former U N Ambassador and former governor Nicki Haley, former Governor Hutchinson, former Vice President Mike Pence, and entrepreneur by Veck Raama saw Me and South Carolina Senator Tom Scott missing from the event was former President Trump, who declined to participate. He was They released an interview, a pre recorded interview that he did with Tiper Colson. We'll get a little bit of that audio in a moment, but let's just kind of talk about, you know, some of the highlights. Let's check out Nicki Hayley when she threw a jab at Ramasami about his foreign policy experience.
Speaker 6: Take a listen in.
Speaker 26: Your future career on the boards of Lockheed and Rape and you've been pushing this line stage. You've been pushing this line always to go and defund Israel. You want to get let me address that.
Speaker 27: I'm glad you brought that up and gives each of those who.
Speaker 12: The fault is a professional.
Speaker 26: Politician, the reality of America lesson you have no foreign politic experience, and then show you know what you know.
Speaker 5: I thought I thought Nikki Haley was super solid. She wanted a debate to me and uh.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 5: But Vic's lack of experience was a point that uh, you know, everybody, everybody bring it up.
Speaker 1: But the reality is, I think it works for him.
Speaker 5: I think being able to get on that stage and say I'm not a politician, you know, works for him in the eyes of some people, not all because you know, a lot of us want experienced candidate, correct.
Speaker 7: You know, they they certainly saw him as a threat. You know, everybody was coming at him for the same thing over and over. But he, you know, he certainly hit his own. You're right, you know about that. Charlamne deminitely had his own. But I think Niki Haley was certainly strong. You know, she was all those things that they claim they don't like, aggressive and you know, strong and making her point, and I think it really showed.
Speaker 6: He also run Sammie also said the climate change was a hoax. Thought that was interesting. Let's listen to that.
Speaker 26: I'm the only person on the stage who isn't bought and paid for, so I can say this the climate change agenda, the climate change.
Speaker 19: Agenda a hox.
Speaker 27: The reality is the anti carbon agenda is the wet blanket on our economy. And so the reality is more people are dying of bad climate change policies than they are of actual climate.
Speaker 20: Given already tonight of a guy who sounds like Chatchy BT. The last person in one of these debates, Bread who stood in the middle of the stage and said, what's a skinny guy with an odd last name doing up here was Barack Obama, and I'm afraid we're dealing with the same type of amateur.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was Christie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they shouldn't have booed when Levic said they were they were bought. They should have booed because he said climate change was a hoax, right, like go outside, buddy, like check the weather.
Speaker 1: He out his damn mind. And I thought Chris Christy was super solid too, you know.
Speaker 5: But I think the reason Chris Christian Nikki Haley came off so solid because they've been battle tested, like you know, they've been they've been governors. And I like the fact that they both said in different ways, it's just simply time for the Republican Party to move away from Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: What do you think of Pence?
Speaker 25: I didn't Yeah, this one, you know.
Speaker 7: He came out a little bit aggressive, more than what I thought. I actually thought Chris Christy would have been more aggressive. Actually, I was expecting a little bit more from him. It wasn't a vocal as he always is, but certainly, you know this, he's definitely and I knew of this, so he certainly was strong. But I did want to see more. But Pence definitely came out to me. It's a little bit, you know, not having anything to lose. He took a lot of swings at around the Simon as we saw as his biggest competitor.
Speaker 6: He also says something about amateur as well. Do we have that click list listen to that.
Speaker 10: We don't need to bring in a rookies when I was governor. I mean, look, Joe Biden has weakened this country at home and abroad. Now is not the time for on the job training. We don't need to bring in a rookie. We don't need to bring in people without experience.
Speaker 27: Now that everybody's gotten their memorized, pre prepared slogans out of the way, we can actually have a real discussion now.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so just you know, a lot of spicy stuff going on now.
Speaker 7: At the same time, Donald Trump released the interview that he had with Chucker Calls.
Speaker 6: And let's listen to a few of those highlights.
Speaker 28: They started with protests against you, massive protests, organized protests by the left, and then it moved to impeachment twice right, and now indictment. I mean the next stage is violence, is are you worried that they're going to try and kill you. Why wouldn't they try and kill you?
Speaker 29: Honestly, they're savage animals. They are people that are sick, really sick. So we got many more votes in twenty than we did in sixteen, but the election was rigged. It was a rigged election.
Speaker 17: But and with COVID.
Speaker 29: They used COVID to cheat a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: And we have so much on it.
Speaker 25: It's like so easy.
Speaker 29: A guy like Chris Christy, the guy left with a eight percent, think of it, eight percent approval rating in New Jersey. Now he's running for president and he runs solely on the basis so let's get Trump. Let's he's like a savage maniac. He's like a lunatic.
Speaker 19: You don't think he's going to make it to November of twenty.
Speaker 29: Well, I think he's worse mentally than he is physically, and physically he's not exactly a triathlete. And I don't know what they're doing with the beach. You know, this beach is seeming to play a big role, but they love pictures of him on the beach. I think it looks terrible on the beach.
Speaker 1: He's right, I mean, he's absolutely right. Chris Christy does look terrible on the beach.
Speaker 5: I cannot sit here and act like Chris Creety probably does not look to be a sex below. Okay, but I totally agree with him. But you know what, I totally forgot that Trump was on with a techs. I literally forgot. But that is a very interesting question that he ask Trump, because I'd be thinking the same thing, like would someone try to kill Trump? Like I've had those conversations with people behind the scenes, because I don't feel like we'll ever see Trump in jail.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think they would put a sitting president in jail.
Speaker 5: But in my mind, I do be thinking they're gonna try to offer I do be thinking that I can't see hy act like I think.
Speaker 2: So that was a very interesting question from Tucker. Coulston asked that, But I wouldn't think that they would put Trump in a mug shot, So you know, I don't know. I never think that. I never thought in a million years, because even every time he's been arrested for arrested, he was never in cups. He's never in cups, He's never had a mug shot. So the fact that they're doing now. I really don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know all of this is just for theater though, Like I don't know if they'll actually go through with putting a sitting president in jail.
Speaker 1: But they would offer I'm a former president, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I thought that was a very interesting question from Tuthern Coston because I can't see him act like I haven't thought that and had those conversations behind the scene.
Speaker 7: So all along, who would you say, I would say, if you had to pick a winner, I would say Niggi Hally won. Ramasamy definitely held his own. He got most of the airtime, which he should receive a bump in that for sure. You know, he definitely came to do what he what he went there to do there right when he talked about the Santas was he there and.
Speaker 6: Truly underperformed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nicki Haley would definitely be my number one. Chris Christie would be my number two, you.
Speaker 2: Think because press he got the most pressed and people talking about him out of it because a lot of people didn't know who Vivick was until last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Vivick Uh I got him constantly repeating he's not a politician, and a lot of those people attacking him, you know, helped.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, and he held himself down, he swung back.
Speaker 5: If they didn't attack him like that, I don't think he would be looking at him like, oh, you know, he might be a formidable threat this morning.
Speaker 1: But being that they were attacking him so much, you know, yeah, he looks like a threat now. But yeah, I think Nicki Haley was my number one, Chris Christie was my number two, and Chris Christie was my number one. Chris Christi would have looked like a before picture and Nicki would have looked like an after picture for a diet up man. That's not how it.
Speaker 7: Did ask Ramasomi about his voting record as well, why did he just start voting?
Speaker 6: But they didn get a chance to answer that people were talking over him.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, Well that is front page news. Thank you, Test. I know it was a lot today.
Speaker 6: There's a lot today, but good stuff.
Speaker 5: And make sure you subscribe to Teslim Figureos podcast a great shot no Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network and follow Teslant figure O at Tesland figure on on all social media.
Speaker 2: Platforms all right now. When we come back, let's go to a og in the game Michael Bivens. You know Michael Bivens from New Edition BBDU. He founded Boys to Men, Found in another bad creation and a host of others, and we're gonna talk to him when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 11: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning as.
Speaker 2: You buy your CJ NV CHARLAMAGNEA gud. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Yes.
Speaker 1: The legendary, legendary Michael Man.
Speaker 5: Mike, you got a documentary on a person that needs a documentary and that's you.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: The Hustle of six one seven Mike Biff.
Speaker 30: I remember putting it together and saying how much I wanted y'all to be a part of it. It was a pleasure, absolutely, And it's not easy when you know y'all got a day to day and you're trying to get someone to go uptown and to take time out.
Speaker 19: But I want to tell you thank you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 30: I had a nice screen in last Night up Town, and you know when y'all came on the screen, the room reacted. So what you're doing here is moving in the room up there, absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's always good to have a legend in the icon in your phone. When you came up here, you was like, if you always call me every show, every market that I'm ever in, any time I'm in town and y'all performing. Seeing New Addition and seeing y'all perform is something that I always enjoy to do. It's my happy place because like in a documentary, you know where Charlamagne was talking, he was like, you know, as a kid, you would pick which member New Addition you wanted to be, as I did. So it's like to see that and to actually know y'all and to know your families and everything about y'all, it's a real blessing. So what made you want to do the documentary?
Speaker 30: I'm gonna say something to you that comes across strong in the doc My man want to rock with me. That's that's powerful to me. I appreciate that, shall I mean, what made me do it, bro, was I saw the Godfather Clarence. You know he's gone now, we haven't put him the rest yet, but you know he's gone yes, and did Johnny's out there dealing with that? What a big bro Anti Alex into Nicole and Jackie. I would say. When I saw that doc, right, I was like, damn, this is moving me because when he was at Motown, he's like the godfather to my godfather. Joe Busby, who ran Motown's my godfather. But Clarence is Joe's godfather. So when I used to watch them in the office, I'm twenty years old sponging up all of the game, all of this knowledge, and I'm just like, damn powerful. And when I saw the doc, you know, I saw Luda, and I saw Shaka, and I saw you know, Ron, and I saw a lot of people that probably met him in their passing. But I felt like the kid who put lights on in the building. And I just said, damn, I just wanted one question, and I just wanted to talk about the time I seen Clarence when he wasn't in control, you know. So I said, when I come here, I'm gonna share the quick story. One time Lou Washerman Sis sein Berger, they was running Hollywood Universal, MCA, and Joel and Clarence they were like at odd So it was like the Blacks against the whites. And I'm sitting in the office and I'm like, damn, this is crazy. I'm twenty years old and they just pacing. I was like, y'all, I've never seen these two a little off sentence. So I'm like, yo, don't y'all got assistance? And they looked at me, like, what are you talking about? I said, listen, man, the only way you're gonna solve this was with something on your stomach so it could ease your mind. Man, tell those people is to get y'all something to eat, because what you're dealing with, you see my balance. And they looked at me and said, damn, Michael Bivens. So they got lunch, and I said, listen, I'm leaving.
Speaker 19: This looks heavy.
Speaker 30: But I've never seen Clarence and Joel off and I just want to say that in the doc, cause I think docs had roller coaster rids. You go up, you go down in the middle, and I just wanted people to know that even when he felt like his back was against the wall, he was still smooth and cool.
Speaker 5: This is what I love about the doctor most man, Like, I don't think you get your credit MoU like you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I'm glad this doctor shining the light on that that deserved.
Speaker 30: Well, you know, to be honest with you, bro, When after I saw The Godfather and God inspired, that's what made me do it. But I was calling people that I worked with. I called Chris Robinson, I called Jesse, I called Steven Hill, I called people I had success with twenty nine May.
Speaker 19: I'm like, yo, can you help me? And I ain't really get the.
Speaker 30: Response I thought I would get. Matter of fact, Chris didn't even hit me back, and I like knocked the wind out of me.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 30: So I was like, damn, I got all this great footage, don't have a director, don't have a deal, but I got all this archive. So I went and I called my man Mark over that Creature Films. I said, Yo, I need an editor. Man, I'm gonna just take this leap of faith. And he set me up with a guy named Jason and then my man Fish Grease from Queens. He's been a director down with lying on Ralph mcdamee's. He said, Bro, Man, can't no one tell your story like you? I said, well, so I hired an editor.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 30: We had footage We had no game plan, we had no blueprint. We just looked at everything and say, now that we are jumping off the cliff, let's tell everything in chronicological order.
Speaker 19: And to be honest with you.
Speaker 30: As I'm doing this, Charlamagne, I realized, there's a lot of jewels and gems that I know and seen. I just wanted to make sure I was hitting all the marks. So then I'm reaching out to you. I reached out the bro I reached out to Dick Clark, I reached out the kid Capri I had. I got Snoop, I got Michael Jordan, I had all these stories. And then I realized, in telling this story, I didn't have to say too much about what you're saying.
Speaker 19: I just felt like it was speaking for itself.
Speaker 2: You know, you know Charlamagne mentioned a little earlier. Do you feel like you don't get the credit you deserve? Like when we look at some of your artists, whether it's you know, bellby Duvo or Voice to Man or seven O two or another bad creation, do you feel like when they have those mogul conversations, they always forget about one of the original moguls that you know, before people were moguls.
Speaker 30: You know, it's an interesting question. Do I feel like my name comes up not as not like it should. I mean to keep an honest with you. I was twenty so I had a more successful label than any twenty year rold in the game. I got two stars on the Hollywood Walker Fame. I brought basketball to the music business. When I look at ESPN Friday night at seven thirty, that started with new addition in the WBLS, shortshots went to PS two A one each one, teach one, then too full Force, MTV Rocking Jock. So I look at it like there's so many other things too, Like the sports element along infused with the music is basically what the doc is about. And I feel like, well, who is it that they're comparing me to, because what I did is something totally different. Like most of the CEOs are just music driven guys. I might be one of the only CEOs that was on the ball. I know Master P was on his thing, but I know he came after me, right, So I sit back and say I ain't gonna beat my chest and say, yo, don't forget about me. I put points on the ball. I just felt like, let me tell the doc. Let the doc give you a little bit of history lesson so you can connect the years and the dots. And I think I'm at the four four four tour and Jigger saw me in the audience. I'm standing in the chair. You know, I'm a little dude, and he said some clever, nice words to me.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 30: And that was the first person that did something like that for me in the public situation. Fifteen thousand Boston Garden. I didn't even know he saw me. I don't think we don't forgot about your contribution to this music business. You was putting this on before anybody boom boom boom, and someone caught it on the cell phone. So in the beginning of the doc, yep, I'm blessed by Jay's statement. So I think when it comes to you, it feels better than speaking up arn it.
Speaker 5: Did you have a question like your role in the group because you weren't like knowing as the person with the crazy vocal range, or you knew your role because of what you just said?
Speaker 30: Nah, bro, I never I didn't even come into it like that. I came in and on them that that wasn't my thing. I just you know, when they asked me to be in it, and I did it. It was based on the following I had as a ballplayer. You feel me, So I just looked at it like, let me find my way. I mean the dancing, you know, took me a minute.
Speaker 19: Just singing.
Speaker 30: I really had to take a minute. Ronnie helped me with the cadence, and then I just started finding my way. And then eventually I figured out.
Speaker 9: What my role is.
Speaker 30: My role is to wash the paper, Let's put some clothes on the table. Let's stay connected to the boulevard. Let's reach out to other rappers. Let's let's find a community so that new addition has a long list of friends, long community of folks. And I just always wanted to be the guy that went to the back door and if I saw someone say, yo, take these two passes, come on there, because you know, that might have been the kid from Queens, that might have been the kid from South Carolina who just got home. So I always wanted to make sure they was good. And then when you build those relationships, you realize they become the manager of a new viper. They the bodyguid of someone. So you stopped moving into a whole nother clique and that was to me, my point God, to make sure that our groups stay connected.
Speaker 2: All right, We got more with Michael Bibbins when we come back. You know them from new edition BBD and the host of others that don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's DJ MV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Mike Bivens. Of course, you know him from BBD New addition, he has a documentary out right now. Now, where did you get that business mind from? Because in the documentary you talk about you would the one reading the contracts, you the one that had your own label. So where did you get that mind frame from?
Speaker 30: Wow, that's interesting. I guess it came from. I was always a hustler man like. My first job was a sweeping the floor in the barber shop. Bro Like, I saw basketball players with Caesars, and my mom gave me money every two weeks. But I felt like I played a game every Saturday. So I built the job in the barber shop. I told money, your floor stayed dirty, let me sweep your floors. You give me a cut every week.
Speaker 19: First job.
Speaker 30: Then I run up to the grocery store, bagged the old woman stuff at the end of the cash register, put it in the cop running to the curve flag of a cap. That was a dollar right there, white boy that did all of the bakery cooking in the hood time I took his trash out on Thursday, that was a dollar. So to me, I was making a dollar maybe ten. I was good for about ten dollars every week. And I'm like ten years old back then. That's a stack, right, So I just applied that to no addition when I saw the problems, like this ain't adding up. We ain't really getting our money, and it's too much labor, not enough to show for it.
Speaker 5: And it also you don't want that bought Johnny Gillen to the group. But that's like an an r move or an executive executive move. Was that a move that you were doing just to fill a role or was you being petty because Rob was.
Speaker 12: Working on it.
Speaker 19: I think I think Rizzo he was doing this thing.
Speaker 30: And you know we're all so close right now, man, we just say, yo, whatever's in the movie, that's the story. Yeah, it ain't really much to it. Those two are like the best of brothers now and it was just what was needed for no addition. And sometimes you know, it's painful when you make a move, but it's like a baby after nine months when you hoist it in the air.
Speaker 19: It's a beautiful situation.
Speaker 2: I love that y'all are all on the same page. Well all y'all all on the same page now, specially now, it seems love. But it took y'all a long time to get there. So how is everything so good now? Cohesive now? And it seems like everything is lovely?
Speaker 19: Is it age?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it money?
Speaker 18: Or is it?
Speaker 19: It's honestly.
Speaker 30: Bro Ronnie's brother got sick Robin Airport one day and had to go to the hospital.
Speaker 19: Love Rob to death.
Speaker 30: That's how Valet our brother and Johnny and Brooke went to the hospital and they were just sitting there at the bedside and Johnny car he said, man, we gotta talk. And then Kobe passed. He's like, oh man, I can't take this no more. Then Kobe birthday too, Yeah, happy birthday, coch. So through the pandemic, we were just talking about how life is short, what are we doing?
Speaker 19: We need to do better.
Speaker 30: So those two instances put me and him on the phone, and then it filtered through Ricky and Ronnie and Bob over here, and then it filtered through Ralph and him over there, and then we eventually merged it together. Unfortunately, we was able to do two toys, you know, the Culture Tour, the Legacy Tour, And I'm sure when the fans see us now, they don't see that friction. It doesn't even exist now. We just texting like, YO, happy birthday, Tell the little supremes I love him like it's the sentimental hearts and prayings signs. So it's a whole different movie. You're absolutely right, is way better now than it's ever been in life.
Speaker 1: When it comes to bif ten, who idea was that?
Speaker 5: Like, you know, was it your idea I want to start a label or did somebody come to you and say, you'll listen, you should.
Speaker 1: Start a label.
Speaker 30: Well, Charlamagne, I've been dealing with that question forever. Bif ten is the label, but BIB Entertainment was the production company. So the success of Boisemen and ABC made Jerrold give me the fifty to fifty deal. And it was all at first, it was Nate from Boyce to men say help us. Will searched me into an executive. Then it was Gerald saying, well, if you're going to be an executive, you know, this is what I want. I want to present to you, you know, twenty trying to figure it out, man, and having good people around me, Vita Sparks, Dallas, Austin, you know, the managers of the group.
Speaker 19: It was a good time. And to be honest with you, man, you know, I did a lot of that on the road, like I'm touring, you know what I'm saying. I'm with BBD.
Speaker 30: Like I never really was an office president. I never really had an assistant. My assistant was a skypager, you know what I mean. I conducted business in restaurants and lawyers anywhere I could get a facts from. But it was the greatest experience because my first time out, I think the Boys did like five. After Boomerang, they went to twelve. ABC went to two, So I was good for like sixteen on my first outing.
Speaker 1: Wow, so boy Men was the first group be found.
Speaker 19: I was Boys Men was the.
Speaker 30: First group I found, which I met backstage. They kind of found me. I saw ABC out of swimming pool in La. Wonder who they was because I knew Little Day from Boston, But then ABC came out first because Motown didn't know what to do with Boys to Men. So Joe said, I don't understand that we're gonna go with the kids. So ABC came second.
Speaker 19: When first Boys to Men came first, went second?
Speaker 2: Why was it so hard to believe in Boys the Men?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 1: Like, what's so hard to believe about four brothers that can sing?
Speaker 22: You know?
Speaker 30: You gotta ask them, man, because I didn't believe that. I thought they I thought they sounded dope. I thought that their harmony was after Millie and Lilly did that thing at the Grammys, I felt like our timement was perfect. Everybody was looking for the real even with Jo Desy, right, you look at it this way, Great records, Hood Group, Boots, whatever, you know, Dalving's my man. But even then they had to battle against all those hood records, and the only way they could survive is they could go a cappella. They always sound good, and we made big records, so we had to show them how great they were musically, because some people didn't see it physically.
Speaker 2: I think we're Boys to Men too, with no disrespect to Boys to Men. I think when they first came out. And it's gonna sound crazy, but new addition was the culture, right, Jodosy was the culture. Boys to Men seemed a little suburbish when they first came out.
Speaker 5: To me, I think a little bit because of Motown, Philly, because of the way that record sounds, the way they looked. But even that, everybody from even in socider line people started wearing the sweat vests with the shorts.
Speaker 30: Check this, check this out. And I had this conversation with Russ and Andre. You know why I sent them that way because it was a wide open lane. Black brothers bow tied our guys sweater what is fat? From what was Andre three thousand?
Speaker 19: So they laugh that them.
Speaker 30: But the thing is right, that image was taken from a soap oper all my children. It was a kid in the lunch room, Alex Vanderpool, who dressed like Carlton on the Fresh Prints, right, And I said that's the look.
Speaker 19: And they fought me on it. It's like, might we look whack?
Speaker 30: I said, no, you don't. Now they're gonna pay your attention. Now they're gonna know who you are, like run with the sneakers, you know, boys men out for their sing it right, check it out. Then I said, we're not gonna just catered to the culture. We're gonna open the sucker up. We're gonna go do what Motown did. Every Motown I went hot one hundred. They didn't just stay R and B, Supremes, Temptations, those big pop records right. And I think the payoff was in the nineteen ninety six Olympics when they was looking for someone to open it, they invited boys. To me, it wasn't just the music that got it did it was the wholesome image. So that to me took a little hit you right, bro, We was getting hits from the culture. But that's why I was there. They say, nah, well they don't do I do. So whatever they with me, and that's how we're gonna do it. And when I seen them open the Olympics after Muhammad Ali lit the torch, I said to myself, this is what that look was all about.
Speaker 19: So the world you see y'all on the big stage.
Speaker 2: It feel like when they came out. Though they had instant success, no, it was slow.
Speaker 30: Motime Philly was here. Motoime Philly, it was It's so hard to say good buying MTV.
Speaker 19: That blew it up. The doors open up on that record.
Speaker 30: See And another thing too. People don't realize when I made that record with them and they did it a cappella, they said they wouldn't play it on radio. They take on that dead airspace. They said, we'll never play this record.
Speaker 19: It ain't no music.
Speaker 30: So at that time, that was one of the first records that was ever played on the radio a cappella, which led the shot.
Speaker 19: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That was a five minute record too, wasn't It wasn't like that now it's a two minute and twenty second record, but it.
Speaker 30: Was from one of the coldest, blackest movies. It was yep, right, So you figure even then they were breaking ground and doing something different. But that was a part of the image too, to say, listen, we're gonna go with Motown Philly just to get try to get an audience. But then we coming right down the pike and do what y'all do best.
Speaker 19: Opened it wide.
Speaker 2: Open, all right. We got more with Michael Bivens when we come back and everybody, we are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Michael Bivins, Charlamage.
Speaker 1: Then the artist that you discovered or had a chance to work with early and you wanted to sign but you didn't ended up being big.
Speaker 30: Well, Jagged Edge came through. I love it man, they came through. They was called twenty eight K. I didn't see that one. And I have boys to men, like I said, I had a conversation with Dalvin in the parking lot about helping Jo Toicy, but I still have boys to men.
Speaker 19: And you know, I met the brad Eye Jack the rapper. Her name was Shanny Harris.
Speaker 30: She came in with a little BBD type hat and on a little studded chop and the blazer, looking like me as a woman. And I didn't sign her either. She wanted to be at Bifton, and of course I met Lisa Lopez. She wanted to beat me and toc so I named her. So those four moments you sit with me, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We give the name left Eye. Yeah I think I didn't know that.
Speaker 19: Yeah. Yeah, mainly Sia became friends. We was talking. She was trying to get my mind on how to play her character, and I just looked at I said, yeah, yeah, your eyes are different. He said, what do you mean?
Speaker 30: I said, one eyes circle on when islantic, she said, well which one? I said, the left eyes bugged out? And then she called me one day and said, guess what my name is. I said what she said, left eye?
Speaker 19: I said, go with it.
Speaker 9: That was it.
Speaker 2: What was your relationship with JD? Because I'm hearing you talk about all this that you didn't necessarily go with and he picked up both two of them, the bratt and also jagged, And what was your relationship with with JD? Back then?
Speaker 30: I think me and JD knocked when he did jump. He did jump, you know, the record came out of nowhere.
Speaker 19: Monster. He was kind of getting out of us a little bit with the mental clothes, and I think.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 30: Right right, so that that was kind of like our first time in the rackting. And then you know when I saw them with the back was closed, I'm like, yo, you know you stole my s and we're gonna just stop playing games. Were gonna give me a check, a right of record. I just climb got out him on online a couple of weeks ago and he was like, Mike, I didn't know that BBD jacket was back, and I said.
Speaker 19: Yes, she did.
Speaker 30: You went to the concert we had our clothes backward was because back then Fade could do more coloring on the back of a jean jacket than you came the front because you got the buttons. So that was the relationship. And then he started coming to the concerts and calling me. He was just sitting on the side of the stage. He saw my kids and everything, and I always told him, I said, listen, man, what we do for these kids is we keep the generation going.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 30: So I'm happy because I stopped doing it and you keep going, and I'm just proud of you. So it hit me up on the box. He coming to the State Farm. Yo, Bed, I'm on my way, And he was doing that back then. So our relationship was school. I was just jobbing at him a little bit and just because you know, I just wanted people to know, like, yo, that's my too. I was in my dash my moment, and he just caught a little hit but he said, yo, Bed, I didn't know, and we kind of let it go.
Speaker 5: You signed too many artists on BIV back then, the same because I remember what video was that for.
Speaker 19: The most East Coast family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everybody started showing all.
Speaker 5: Of these artists at the you know, was what we was bugging out. It was a lot, but you know, the funny thing back then, that's what we had. So it was kind of like opening up to No Limits d and seeing all the releases coming. We were looking forward to these people coming up. Well, you know, honestly remember the white boys.
Speaker 19: Yeah, the White boys, the white Even though I.
Speaker 1: Never heard a song, I just remember that from the time.
Speaker 30: I don't think I ever made a record on know me either, I think I think honestly, I don't know, man. I think I just wanted to help so many people. I'm gonna tell y'all story. So I'm at Universal Motown. It's probably around the time of the Bad Boy Dell Old three oh four. You know, I'm on this seventh floor over there, eighteen fifty five. They gave me my whole floor, right, T and E staff for twenty and I ain't selling no records, bro, I'm sitting there paying people. And they called me to an office one day, eight o'clock in the morning, your bed.
Speaker 19: We got to talk to you. I said, what's up.
Speaker 30: You're not selling no record. We're gonna get ready. The first time in my life I heard someone firing me right. He said, We're gonna get rid of you, your ten million dollars in the hole, and we gotta write you off books.
Speaker 19: He said, but this is what I offer you.
Speaker 30: I'm letting biften go, but you can come work for me. You could be A and R here with me. I'm coming in here to shake this up. And I said, well, what about the twenty people? He said, Mike, that's your problem, not my problem, right. I said, well, listen, man, if I can't bring them with me, give them a severance and this that and the girl then Matia, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 19: This was the best nicest firing ever in my life. Man, Maybe I just ain't got it no more. And I just walked out. That's the last time I worked.
Speaker 12: Out of label.
Speaker 1: Damn, how'd you break that to your label?
Speaker 19: I told him the truth. You know, we in the hole, y'all been good. We tried. You know what they call it the fire.
Speaker 30: The magic is out and maybe I need a mental break. So I haven't even thought about getting back in the game like that. I just went into the new audition and went on to it. I just went back to what I knew best. Just go perform, Go to box office and go.
Speaker 1: On, you did what mistakes you think did you make as a label exact?
Speaker 30: I probably didn't build out a more powerful writing in the producing squad, because what makes a label, bro hints, that's right, right. Maybe I didn't go out and scour the country to look for more talent. Maybe when it was a female wave, I could have got a female Maybe I could have did a group wave again, or a duo wave.
Speaker 19: Or even a rock wave. Whatever the wave was.
Speaker 30: I wasn't in tune to see the voice, so I just fell back, and plus I was burnt out. Bro, you gotta figure eighty three to two thousand and four, then that's a long run. Yeah, yeah, I mean you just ain't got it.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 30: So I didn't, and I had to realize it. But I felt like I had respect the day I got let go. He didn't really let me go, he just let the company. And I feel as though when someone could be that eloquent and that nice and still want to keep you on, I just felt like I couldn't leave my people.
Speaker 1: So I had to break out.
Speaker 2: You never did a record on the White Boys, Nah, I never did it.
Speaker 19: That was the name of the group by the way they was called the white guy, the.
Speaker 2: White guy, the white boys, the white guy.
Speaker 19: Virginia.
Speaker 2: Did you get all the money that was was old to you from these labels? Was there a problem with that? You You hear all these stories about black execs not getting what was old to them.
Speaker 30: My deals were set up different. I had a lot of lds. So long as you got a l D man, I'm good.
Speaker 19: Let of direction. Send my money over there, sending their money over there, you know.
Speaker 30: So I always felt like I never wanted to be responsible for signing a check for artists. I find out when you signed a check for artists, you're responsible for why they didn't receive it. So I always told the label what happened in new edition. I would never do to my artists. That's why I took fifty percent of ABC's money and got them a trust from kids. Should never be taking advantage of it, even with adults in my life. Listen, this is my pocket, that's your pocket. Your books and my books are equal, you know. With those contracts are a way worse. They've been the worst. So as an executive, I think I set that up right. Joel took care as an artist.
Speaker 1: Hell now, I think we've giving them too much. Man, they gotta watch the Doctor. That's right, Watch the Doctor. Where can they see this doc?
Speaker 30: All Black TV Today, we TV in the month and across seven to eight different platforms.
Speaker 19: My thing is watch the doc so.
Speaker 30: You could just see a story about a kid from the city Austin Roxbury, who wanted to be a basketball player, who got redirected into the music business, who kicked open the doors and helped infuse ball in music, who brought a certain style to the game, who's probably responsible for a lot of executives having jobs. I got a whole crew alumnis who reached out to the community, stayed in touch with different cats from different hoods from the block, kept the back door open for any hustler that got out of jail. Always took Envy's calling eleventh Housur for a seed.
Speaker 19: At the essence Fester you though, Karl Scharla Man who picked it up, OG what you need?
Speaker 1: Tell me?
Speaker 19: I want to be like you.
Speaker 30: It's a beautiful story and I think that it's the first of its kind, and it's my directorial debut, and it's a soundtrack sonrack. Yeah, it's a soundtrack. The first singles with revrn BBD car Act like you know. The video is shot Snoops on the album Slick Wicks on the album Mob Deep so on the album. You know, it's a very great soundtrack. And I think now with this music, I get to get my CEO on.
Speaker 19: This is my producer behind me.
Speaker 30: We go from DC, my doctor Dre, my executive producer Fiskree from Southside Queens, my man I run with from Boston tried. We were cool crew And as you see the doc, you get to see all of the men at this table right here. Your part is hot. Thank you for the kind words. Tonight watch the doc The Hustle of six one seven Mike bev that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, it's Mike Viv. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: You know man, we be sitting here having conversations behind me.
Speaker 2: I don't know why over my mouth you heard that?
Speaker 4: Think I missed it?
Speaker 2: What are you saying?
Speaker 15: You heard that?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 5: He said that him and one of his homies went to a New Edition concert together. Oh this is homie. That's kind of screens, bro, Are you jealous?
Speaker 22: He is?
Speaker 1: I've never done that? Like me and the homies go to Ada.
Speaker 2: It was Essence Music Festival. I was out there Jane and shout to my my manager and brother June. We were out there and I was like, yo, let's go check Mike Bivens performed the new audition. So we said no, so we went to go see the new edition. It's my it's my brother, and my brother can't go see new audition.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that's your brother, but everybody else doing.
Speaker 4: It's given date night. Yeah, it's given.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, that's.
Speaker 4: Okay, not wrong that man.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the room.
Speaker 1: Hey, friend, feel free to make yourself at home.
Speaker 25: Okay, this is the room report around here.
Speaker 4: Driving Now let's get into these rumors. Child, Let go baby, Yes for an intro? All right. Now, I'm not a parent, guys, but I know that kids will put you on blasts. Okay.
Speaker 3: And my future step son, yes, I'm claiming that Mega. He's the son of Omrian and April Jones.
Speaker 4: You love Marion, I love O Marion. This is a O. Marion stand account. I will go on all morning if we can.
Speaker 2: What does O'Rion do like?
Speaker 12: What do you like?
Speaker 19: Fine?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's who you should have been taken to the New Addition concert.
Speaker 1: But it hurt so bad.
Speaker 3: I love him so yes, this is my future step son. But he put his mom, April Jones on blast. They were on Instagram Live and he went on a full rang about her and her boyfriend Diggs.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 31: Smoking weed.
Speaker 6: He don't smoke weed. Yes, did he ever smoke in front of you?
Speaker 2: He does?
Speaker 6: A baby, and I'm staying on the line. You don't smoke weed. I'm telling you all the truth.
Speaker 12: No, you're not.
Speaker 6: They don't smoke we He doesn't put it weed to his mouth and smoke it. That's not what he does. He will do a weed edible.
Speaker 9: That's difference.
Speaker 6: Everybody said, yeah, here the working, she's working.
Speaker 31: He's not working.
Speaker 6: He ain't here.
Speaker 32: We ain't know specifically if he's working or not. Did he text you, show me text show? He just sent me video yesterday.
Speaker 4: Baby and talk all the time.
Speaker 5: Jesus, Whatever happened to keeping an adult conversations adult conversations and keeping conversations with kids.
Speaker 1: Conversations with kids? Man even sending the kids in the other room when the adults are talking, go go watch TV. I'm go read the book the adult talk.
Speaker 2: I would have stopped that early on. So he said, yeah, okay, you.
Speaker 29: Go on.
Speaker 1: I mean if the kids catch you, that's different. You know what I mean, young man, he.
Speaker 4: Just turned I think my step son is like eleven.
Speaker 2: That's not your step son.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry my future step.
Speaker 5: So but yes, yes, you do have to have conversations around I guess if you're eleven about weed, edibles and stuff.
Speaker 2: Live smell with Hey, you ain't smelling nothing. You don't know what you're smelling.
Speaker 5: That was a skunk, right, Yeah, that's that should be If y'all gonna have that conversation.
Speaker 2: That's not a conversation for the world because then he going to school. We ain't gonna go to school, and he's gonna say they be smoking in front of me. I was getting high. I got the you know, contact high. Now they're gonna come to CPS.
Speaker 1: No, hey, you never know who watching, like Child Protective Services could be watching you. Just don't.
Speaker 5: You don't why bring those problems on yourself. What I'm saying everything don't need to be broadcast for the world exactly.
Speaker 3: And you could tell you don't get whoopings on get popped because you know, in my household, growing up. It was what goes in my house stays in my house.
Speaker 4: Be quiet? We knew better. When was the last time y'all kids put y'all on blast? Has that ever happened?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine all the time where I'd be like, I'm sleeping. My dad says he's sleeping, like.
Speaker 4: They're run up on the FaceTime. That be killing me. But yeah, I'm like my wig ain't no.
Speaker 3: In other news, airlines they have just launched a sweepstakes and now I love a cheap flight fellas.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm all about this.
Speaker 3: Frontier Airlines announced that they're giving away edge to education borrowers.
Speaker 4: In the latest sweepstakes.
Speaker 3: They're offering up to one hundred thousand miles to one hundred lucky winners. So it's all about having student debt, Like if you have student loan deck, you can get these flights. So it's real nice. You gotta check it out. And people that have this student loan that can get up to one hundred three miles on Frontier, would y'all take this contest?
Speaker 4: Like if you just want one hundred three miles thousand.
Speaker 2: Frontier Spirit, yes it is.
Speaker 1: I'm all for free, Okay. If if I was in that position.
Speaker 4: I was shout out there if.
Speaker 5: I wasn't already a you know, a most fagged member of Jet Blue and Diamond. I'm silver on Deltas, Flex Mesa and Jet Blue. Yeah, but I if I needed that, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Leave this contest for me.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. Yes, you fly Frontier, I will fly anything. Good luck.
Speaker 1: You didn't throw that lie on report. I got standards, impart watch my standards. I don't even know what frontier I said.
Speaker 2: I don't Frontier.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it might be the final Frontier. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 4: It could be.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, were giving a donkey too?
Speaker 5: Man Man four after the hour. We need a brother named Wayne Parker. Uh to come to the front of the congregation. There's some things you don't do when you're on the run, and this is one of them. We'll discuss, all right, we'll get to that next. It don't move.
Speaker 11: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: It's tough to find that right person, especially when it comes to hiring for an open role. With ZIP recruiters, matching technology makes it easy to find and invite great candidates to apply to your jobs. Try it for free at zip recruited dot com, slash breakfast.
Speaker 2: Damn he hog, it's time for Donkey of.
Speaker 1: The j I'm trying to be donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making new people do these.
Speaker 4: Days called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: Who got the donkey of the day today, Well, jess hilarious.
Speaker 5: Donkey of Today for Thursday, August twenty fourth goes to Wayne Parker. Now, Wayne is a prime example of money cannot buy you happiness and money cannot buy you what we all truly want, and that's love. Folks believe, for whatever reason that once you get the bag all those things that are included. But the reality is happiness and love are sold separately, and you truly can't even purchase either one to day.
Speaker 2: See, let me tell you the story about Wayne Parker. He's a wanted man.
Speaker 5: Okay, not wanted by the ladies, wanted by authorities all right, law enforcement, all right. According to the ny Post, he's been running from cops for nearly a year because he committed almost a million dollars in fraud. Oh, I can't make this up. Let's go to Suffix News for the report.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 33: In October twenty twenty two, Wayne Parker of Maldenhall was found guilty of fraudulent trading after obtaining more than seven hundred and sixty five thousand pounds in credit from suppliers. An arrest warrant was issued when Parker failed to appear in court in February this year. Trading standards said Parker presented himself as a livestock owner, which allowed him to be given credit by a wide range of companies. He often made no attempt to settle his debts, and when he did, repeatedly sent checks that would bounce. Since going on the run, Parker is known to have been using the match dot com dating website and has also been hiring cars in a bid it is believed to avoid detection by the police.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me translate a little.
Speaker 5: Wayne is thirty five years old and he was found guilty of owing all those pounds, which equates to nine hundred and seventy thousand dollars in US money, to.
Speaker 1: Suppliers when he failed to show up in court in February.
Speaker 5: For Centising and you know when you don't show up to Cenising police beyond your ass And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: Wayne Parker has been on the run ever since. And I believe that Wayne, he's gone to see jay Z and Beyonce's on the Run tour one too many times from he got the not so bright idea to think he could indeed be on the run and be crazy in love, dangerously in love.
Speaker 5: But he clearly made this decision when he was drunk in love wanting love, because this man decided to start looking for love on match dot Com. Now, I've never been on the run, and I would never go on the run if I committed a crime, because, like presidential candidate Chris Christy, I just wouldn't be good at running. But if I did go on to run, I would think the first thing I would do is lay low. All right, that's the whole point of going on the lamb, right, all right. Another thing I've never done is been on a dating app. Okay, And so I did some research this morning, and by research, I'm in Google, and I realized that there's four easy steps you must do in.
Speaker 2: Order to land to date on match dot Com.
Speaker 5: First, they say you have to nail the end my own words section because they say your profile has two main jobs. The grab a person's attention and keep it. You want to inform intrigue and keep the person wanting more. So Wayne couldn't change his identity.
Speaker 1: He's an international man of mystery and nothing says intrigue like. So let's look at his dating profile. It says name Wayne Parker. Also goes by the name Sticky Fingers, Steve Scammy, Sammy hit A Lick, Rick Fraud, Muhammad, and Kazine Cuzine Kazein Kauzein is Oh that's not Jerry, make sense now now now.
Speaker 5: Says he says. It says about myself. He's financially stable as of last week. Love long walks on the beach holding your hand and your debit card. Love late night conversations about our path and past codes.
Speaker 2: Uh, which city were you born in?
Speaker 5: Name of your first pet, things like that, and it says I love whispering, sweet nothing's in your ear, and I love when you whisper your social Security number in the mind. So far Wayne Parker is checking off all the boxes. He's captured our attention with an interesting story. He's described his job in an interesting way. Oh he hasn't actually job. Oh his occupation is untraceable wire transfers, data collecting, and telemarketing. All makes sense, Okay. He described a few of his hobbies and passions in life, and here goes the most important one.
Speaker 1: Describe the type of woman you are looking for. Wayne is looking for a woman.
Speaker 5: With good credit, a good shoulder on her heads, and somebody who is willing to share their life and pen number with him. Listen, man, Wayne Parker is still out there. I don't know how much longer you can run when all folks got to do is swipe right to see you exist. And I know that it's only a matter of time before you get arrested, because I am sure your match dot com profile is popping right now, and you're not even gonna be able to avoid hooking up with someone that you met on the site. Okay, and when you get the where you're going, it's gonna be a nice dinner, nice conversation.
Speaker 1: Hell, you might even get some dessert and her credit card number.
Speaker 5: But when that date is over, authorities will be right there waiting to put you in matching handcuffs to take you to get matching orange jumpsuits and match you up with a salemate who's looking to give you the runs because he wants love to.
Speaker 2: Please give Wayne Parker the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons O.
Speaker 12: The dog Gee of the day, the dog Gee all the day. Yee alright.
Speaker 2: BTC later who all right? Everybody else? Earlier, Kiki during the room, she reported about Kevin Hart, and Kevin Hart had a little uh kerfuffle.
Speaker 1: No, he had a curve forty plus.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to what he said to.
Speaker 22: All my men women out there that are forty years old and above.
Speaker 17: It's not a game. Respect that age or that age will make you respect it.
Speaker 22: This is just public surface announcement because I know people may see me out and I don't want you to be alarm, but I'm in a wheelchair. Shout out to Steven wildly. I'm gonna go to put this story out there before you do. Me and Stephen we got into a little debate. This debate was based off of who's faster. Steven said, Kevi an't no way you're gonna beat me. Stephen is ex NFL running back play for the patriots. I said, Steve, you can better.
Speaker 17: He said back. I said, bet we get out there, we go run a forty year old dash. Guys.
Speaker 2: I blew all.
Speaker 22: My tore my lord abdermen, my abductors are torn. I don't even know what that is, but I tore him.
Speaker 17: I can't walk. What are we competing for this age?
Speaker 12: Why we like?
Speaker 4: What am I doing?
Speaker 17: Stupid of it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 22: I can't walk because I'm somewhere trying to get the title of the fastest the barbecue.
Speaker 2: All right, so question eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one? What are some signs you're getting old?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you something, man, this I'm gonna tell you why. This is a great conversation because it's a lot of things you don't know you can do anymore when you forty plus until you do it.
Speaker 2: So we are gonna actually save some people this morning.
Speaker 1: Come you know what I mean?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: What a's some signs?
Speaker 9: It was quickly.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious you got one.
Speaker 1: I had to think about it.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it when we come back after Well. For me, I know the main one is I take grown man naps, That's what I call them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've been doing that. That's nothing. I'm forty five years old. I'm gonna take a naps for relief in years.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it when we come back, all right. Eight hundred five A five one o five one. Kiki, our co host is here. Our guess co host is here and told us what she can do.
Speaker 10: What some.
Speaker 4: That's just because I'm big, right right, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Christ, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 11: Call eight hundred five A five one o five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Kiki here. Hey, friends, now we're asking eight hundred five A five one o five one, what are some signs you are getting old? This conversation comes from Kevin Hart. We reported in the rumors early that Kevin Hart was trying to uh, I guess raise somebody in a in a foot race and got himself injured. Let's hear it right fast.
Speaker 20: Tall.
Speaker 22: My men women out there that are forty years old on the bove, it's not a game.
Speaker 17: Respect that age or that age will make you respect it.
Speaker 22: It's just public surerface announcement because I know people may see me out and I don't want you to be alarm. But I'm in a wheelchair. Shout out to Steven wildly. I'm gonna go to put this story out there before you do. Me and Steven we got into a little debate. This debate was based off of who was faster. Steven said, keV Ain't no way you're gonna beat me. Steven is ex NFL running back, played for the Patriots. I said, Steve, you can bet it, he said back. I said, bet we get out there, we go run a forty year old dash.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 17: I blew all. My tore my lord abdomen. My abductors are torn. I don't even know what that is, but I tore him. I can't walk. What are we competing for this age?
Speaker 9: Why we like?
Speaker 17: What am I doing? Stupid of it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 22: I can't walk because I'm somewhere trying to get the title of the fastest the barbecue.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. Let's start with you, Kiki, Okay?
Speaker 3: Now, for me, when I knew I was getting older and I'm I'm an early thirties, so I'm still, you know, a little young. But what tells you was when you hang around younger people. So like my sister in law is younger than me. Shout out to Queenla. When we go all vacation, I want to go to the spot and lay down.
Speaker 4: She want to go to the club. We gotta turn up, we gotta pop bottles.
Speaker 3: And I also know when I go over to somebody house and they music real loud, Like why is everything so loud? That's what I know I was getting old. And also when I discovered baseboards in my house, like I don't know, I was just living life and apartments. I didn't realize I had to clean a baseboard. And I finally figured out what that was. I was like, yeah, you're getting old.
Speaker 2: Yeah. For myself this, there's a couple of things. One when I drive now, I listen to the traffic report to see what yeah, yeah yeah. And also I watched the news to see what the weather's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: That that Also, if I'm going somewhere like I'm touching a long flight, I watch what I eat, meaning like if I know if like let's say I like cheesecake, and I want cheesecake before I catch a flight. The person sitting next to me is gonna have a bad flight. Like there's certain things. I know when I drink too much, I know like I'm gonna have to go to the bathroom. Like there's certain certain things. The nap thing is always one.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: I do the old man basketball. So you know, I got six kids, yes, two boys, four girls. And when I play my kids in basketball, I no longer am competitive real like I back them down like my dad used to do me, just old man style and just kind of just do like a hook shot to beat them. Come tired, don't don't. I don't want to play with them the more I'm tired, Like I just want to win and then go. Those are those are a lot of them. And then I got tennis elbow, and I haven't played tennis in twenty years, and I think that's an old man's injury tennis elbow. Yeah, so I got tennis elbowt right now, Charlamagne, I.
Speaker 1: Was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, So I thought the question is what can't we do anymore after a certain age?
Speaker 2: Yeah, memories messed up. I can see it right now, okay.
Speaker 4: And he was just struggling with Instagram.
Speaker 2: Certain Instagram, I tag Michael, somebody, where's my niece? Can my knees help me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When you get frustrated, what can I do anymore? Damn near everything and especially everything I don't want to do, and it be the littlest things, Like I realize now while our parents, you know, used to be in like the living room, and they would call us no matter where we was at, in the apartment, at the house or the trailer, just to get them some water them control literally right there. I'm talking about, like right there a foot away from you.
Speaker 5: But boy, when you be on that couch after a long work week or after a long day, you don't feel like getting up to do it, So come use your little young legs and get it for me. Another thing I can't do anymore at my age small talk. I don't want any small talk. I have no problem either sitting around in silence, or if you're talking to me about something I don't care about, I might tell you shut the f up right in the middle of the conversation because I don't have time for the small talk.
Speaker 2: I don't care in no way, shape or form. And you know another reason why I knew I was gett older. I started wearing crocs. Oh yeah, I started wearings first. I look at them, a glass old glass people shoes.
Speaker 5: Now you ain't mentioned had died. You ain't realize you was getting older. You have to start dying your bid and painting your painting your faith.
Speaker 4: I'll not envy you be out here leaving the little stains on T shirts.
Speaker 1: Yes he did, he did.
Speaker 5: He definitely did you put it? He was no you know what he had on himself. He had a hoodie on one day and it was all on the neck of the hoodie.
Speaker 4: The little black powder.
Speaker 12: You want.
Speaker 2: Just actually just observing laughing at me and Kik sorry, I'm you don't do.
Speaker 1: That no more? You stop because I keep calling you on on the wal greens.
Speaker 2: Ran out of just man. So I've been stuck for a little bit. But I got a new delivery coming today. Don't worry about Okay you hate it, kick it, don't laugh. I know I know you ain't die your hand before Kiki O, baby, you.
Speaker 12: Know what not.
Speaker 4: I don't die my hair, baby, it's not I put a whole wig on so it's a it's a cheko.
Speaker 2: Trust me, he would too if they made beard wigs. Shut up? Hello, store on, Hello, Hey, what a sign? What are signs that you're get into old Mama?
Speaker 16: Well, definitely after the breakfast club paint radio station to the oldie.
Speaker 9: The cities and like that is I remember I was younger.
Speaker 16: I was like, ooh, my old People station, But now the old People station is my favorite station.
Speaker 1: Hold on, where you calling from Atlanta? Oh they got us on the Old People station in Atlanta.
Speaker 9: No no, no, no, no, you all are not on the old People station.
Speaker 14: Oh you're one on five point three.
Speaker 16: So there that's the hip hop section, but it's the breakfast stub goes home. I checked my station because I R and D that was made in the nineties and two thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh got you gotcha?
Speaker 15: So you like you?
Speaker 2: You love Luke, you dropping load of Luke, juvenile all that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, I select home.
Speaker 14: I'm still comfortable with that.
Speaker 26: Ara.
Speaker 1: That's our era.
Speaker 19: That's our era.
Speaker 1: You're born in nineteen hundreds and seven. I born nineteen hundred seventy eight. That's our era. I don't know nothing else.
Speaker 9: Hello, who's this man bringing rast breasts? Club.
Speaker 11: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 1: What's something?
Speaker 2: How you know when you start getting older?
Speaker 12: Daby?
Speaker 2: What are some signs brother, when you get.
Speaker 15: After you hear something top in the place that you didn't expect. Oh Lord, like you're backing your knee.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, yes, sir, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: When I do like this, I'll be driving some time with the steering wheel holding both hands. So I just scratched my arms out.
Speaker 2: I'll just here.
Speaker 9: Hello, what's up?
Speaker 2: This is Josh, Josh, good morning. What are some signs that you're getting old? Josh?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 14: So I'm a former comedian athlete and We're just having a kickball event at my job.
Speaker 9: So I'm like, let's show out. Let's show these dudes what I'm about.
Speaker 14: I'm like the only black dude that's even in the company.
Speaker 9: So I was everybody was pressed to have me on the team. Next thing, I know, you know, first one up, I can't get.
Speaker 14: Get a homer. I'm good. Second one that back, I'm waiting.
Speaker 9: I'm ready.
Speaker 6: I kicked the ball with all.
Speaker 1: My might again this time.
Speaker 6: Something ain't feel right.
Speaker 9: I try to run the first base.
Speaker 14: Next thing i know, I'm on the floor. I was I was pretty much on high off for the rest of the tournament.
Speaker 9: Man, I pulled a hip fleck.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: See that's another thing, right. You know, sometimes you be the only black person in your group when you do things, and they expect you to be the best player there. I tell you the other day I played basketball and I was the only black shot to runner. I was the only black guy there. They wanted me to go busy. I'm like, if I get injured, I gotta I gotta go to work in the morning. I got kids. My kids want me to play. I can't do it no more.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Andrew, Andre, Okay, Andre, my bad Dang. They got Andrew on the list. But Andre, what are some signs you get old, bro?
Speaker 9: When you start adding fire fiber to your diet?
Speaker 1: Then did that?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 9: You got to make sure you're regular.
Speaker 1: You got to make sure you regular.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: But I mean, there's a lot of things that we care about now that we didn't care about, you know back then. Like you know, we talk about going to get colonoscopies, you know what I mean. I talk about all the cardiovascular cardiovascular.
Speaker 1: Test I've had just had one Monday. By the way, it's Luthor, doctor Pumer medical.
Speaker 2: You know what I haven't got to yet that a lot of older people do. That I have, But the coffee, like I know a lot when people get a certain age, they start drinking coffee. I haven't got to that coffee yet.
Speaker 5: Well, you can't sit here and talk about your bows easily moving and then talk about drinking coffee.
Speaker 2: I don't drink coffee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't. I don't drink coffee because number one, I don't like coffee. Number two, it does some weird things to my stomach.
Speaker 4: But really not Okay, y'all making me scared to get old.
Speaker 12: Drinking coffee right now, my booty.
Speaker 1: All you got to do is go to the wrong hood.
Speaker 4: No, that's why I stay stripped though.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five big, five to one, oh five to one. If you're just joining us, we're asking what are some signs you're getting old? Let's talk about it. This is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 11: Called eight hundred and five five one five one to join in to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. Randing everybody. It's dj n V Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club we got our special guest co host in the building.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: So we're asking what are some signs that you're getting old? This conversation comes from Kevin Hart. He got injured yesterday trying to raise somebody. Let's listen to all.
Speaker 22: My men women out there that are forty years old and above.
Speaker 17: It's not a game.
Speaker 22: Respect that age or that age will make you respect it. It's just public surface announcement. Because I know people may see me out and I don't want you to be alarm. But I'm in a wheelchair. Shout out to Steven wildly. I'm gonna go to put this story out there before you do. Me and Stephen we got into a little debate. This debate was based off of who was faster. Steven said, keV ain't no way you're gonna beat me. Steven is ex NFL running back, played for the Patriots. I said, Steve, you can bet it. He said bat I said, bet we get out there, we go run a forty year old dash.
Speaker 17: Guys, I blew all.
Speaker 13: My tore my lord abdomen. My abductors are torn. I don't even know what that is, but I tore him.
Speaker 17: I can't walk. What are we competing for this age?
Speaker 12: Why are we?
Speaker 29: Like?
Speaker 17: What am I doing? Stupid?
Speaker 22: Up?
Speaker 17: And now I can't walk.
Speaker 22: Because I'm somewhere trying to get the title of the fastest the barber cute.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred five eighty five one oh five to one. What are some signs that you're getting old? Hello? Hey, good morning, Hey Chanel, Yes you know heye what what are some signs you're getting old? Mama?
Speaker 14: Oh well, I'm in the military, and signs is getting old. It's waking up every morning at five fifteen, and this morning I put on my running shoes and I rolled my my ankles, just put.
Speaker 9: My shoes on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how old are you?
Speaker 14: I am thirty eight?
Speaker 1: Oh lo, wait till you turn forty.
Speaker 5: Ohay, when you turn, You're not you're gonna be able to find your runner shoes.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 23: In the military's adding another ten years onto whatever.
Speaker 5: Age you are, So you're still a baby, but you ain't gonna be able to find your running shoes in two years.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 9: Who's this Christina?
Speaker 2: Hey Christina, what are some signs you're getting old?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 9: Everything?
Speaker 24: So anytime I do flats, I can hear my knees cracking like I can actually hear a sound.
Speaker 17: Yep, my l I was cracked.
Speaker 16: I'm seeing the sign specialist right now and I'm only forty.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's real.
Speaker 5: And sometimes when I be doing abs, man, no gas, go and stop. You don't even be trying, you know what I mean. It's not like you don't even feel it coming. You just do a crunching at the same time.
Speaker 2: But you know what, too, it sounds of getting old too. I don't know if this happens, but I passed gays when I sleep now all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh you've been doing You're just doing them big loud ones that hurt. So you wake up?
Speaker 9: Who now?
Speaker 4: Who now?
Speaker 2: Who is that noise? My kids be dying out? If you're in the house, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 9: From?
Speaker 1: Who's no I thought you said somebody was taking but oh god.
Speaker 2: What's only going to take somebody?
Speaker 4: But you know what faring?
Speaker 1: DC?
Speaker 2: You fucking who in the house?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 9: Hey? KD from Milwaukee?
Speaker 2: A KD from Milwaukee. We're talking about signs to getting old.
Speaker 34: Well, I know, I'm only thirty and it's a bad example for sure. I got to carry a chip around with me. They got bio freeze, ice pack, all of that.
Speaker 4: Why what you doing in your twenties?
Speaker 1: Word?
Speaker 14: Well, I was always a sports head. So I mean recently, like probably like a year and a half ago. I was at a track meeting. They had like a little parents relay, and I was like, you know what, I think, I still got it. I started running. I got fifty meters of thee hundred meters and all I know is I was on.
Speaker 1: The ground there. How old are you?
Speaker 14: My hand string and I haven't done the same thing?
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 14: I just turned thirty in February.
Speaker 1: Now ya's babies?
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: If you don't cut it out, I won't tell you. Another sign is always going to the doctor. If I get a pain of injury or any funny feeling, I go straight to the dock.
Speaker 1: I'm just having good health insurance. There's any of people who would love to just go to the doctors whatever they feel.
Speaker 2: I'll go. I'll go to the er. If I it's something hurt too much, I go straight to.
Speaker 1: The tell you. I'll tell you what a good Another good sign is when you go to the doctors, you get a good report back.
Speaker 4: Even happy man, I got.
Speaker 5: One Monday, Okaya's overall, my results are excellent. Despite a high calcium score for your age, there's only minimal.
Speaker 1: Plaque in your heart, artery arteries. Furthermore, your cholesterol profile is excellent and well below goal on your current statum medication and affirin which I would continue. Your blood pressure and the heart rate are those of a man twenty years younger. All these factors contribute to a very low ten year cardiovascular risk only three point five percent optimal.
Speaker 2: Optimal for men of your age would be three percent. So you are in very good shape. What about your button?
Speaker 1: To doctor Puma and everybody at sore in medical, what about your butt?
Speaker 2: Dough Man, shut up, Colon Kolonoski be that's a messing. I did that already. I got no polymps, no redness, no nothing. I think you need a second opinion.
Speaker 4: Don't you can think about what sexy ray?
Speaker 2: Stephane Hello, Hello, hein't Stephanie, Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 2: Stephanie?
Speaker 1: Okay, now you're talking?
Speaker 2: Now, what are some side you're getting told?
Speaker 1: Stephanie?
Speaker 14: They listen.
Speaker 24: I've been like five to six years ago ahead to go back to missionary. I can't do the slips, the tricks and the turn So yeah, we're back on missionaries.
Speaker 2: No more backshots for you, no more.
Speaker 24: You ain't right enoughing they riding, ain't knee and they ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, I need I need to know the measurements. I need your height.
Speaker 9: Girl.
Speaker 4: Don't don't do it, girl, don't come on.
Speaker 1: I think there's other factors involved. Other in an age.
Speaker 24: Yeah, well, I'm so so serious missionary, and it's not for long.
Speaker 9: I don't get you one in and that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm so serious to how how told you? How much do you wait? Don't do it?
Speaker 22: Girl?
Speaker 24: One sixty?
Speaker 4: Okay, now what excuse?
Speaker 10: Ain't nothing?
Speaker 1: A little a little round, but nothing crazy, you know what I mean. She's just lazy.
Speaker 16: I'm trying to be bones.
Speaker 9: Bones ain't right?
Speaker 1: Well? How old is your boyfriend? Her husband?
Speaker 25: Fifty?
Speaker 2: Sorry to that man, were you sixty? He's fifty.
Speaker 4: Fifty fifty?
Speaker 1: Might be time to tag somebody else he.
Speaker 16: Can go ahead.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you interested.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 2: When she can't do nothing but missionary?
Speaker 5: It's time to tag somebody else in, especially if he is able to do other things.
Speaker 1: Is he able to do everything?
Speaker 24: That's right, I'm not sting up with that.
Speaker 9: Gone, You're sorry, are y'all little bugging?
Speaker 2: That's y'all married, y'are supposed to look y'are supposed to go all the way to the end.
Speaker 1: Y'all been together, y'all been together a long time?
Speaker 2: Oh twenty years? Oh yeah, No, no, no, he's supposed to take that. This is just like if he lose a legs, she's supposed to still stay with him regardless and be like, let me go get a man with some legs.
Speaker 1: No, she got that.
Speaker 16: I don't want nobody else.
Speaker 22: I don't want nobody.
Speaker 16: I love, I love.
Speaker 4: That's right, girl, You stay with your man.
Speaker 2: He probably and you can always get a vino lotion. You can make miracles happen with a veno. Go ahead, now, mine my mom.
Speaker 1: And as she don't even know Jergon, you know what I'm saying. She think gold? And where you go when you get locked up?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? What's the what's the mold of the story.
Speaker 1: The more of the story is.
Speaker 2: Aging beats the alternative to enjoy it? All right, All right, well, let's get to the room. Let's jump right straight into a kiki.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Hey, friends, you free to make yourself at home?
Speaker 25: Okay, say last, This is the rumor.
Speaker 2: Report around here, always stra on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Now, let's get into these rumors.
Speaker 3: Chap, let go, Yes, Toney, let's get right on into it now, reports say. Lizzo's lawyer, your Marty Singer shared photos with People magazine of the former dancing dancers smiling backstage at the same topless show in Paris that they food in their lawsuit against Lizzo for sexual, racial, and religious harassment as well as poor working conditions.
Speaker 4: To share those pictures is wild.
Speaker 3: Also, the playoffs in the suit against Lizzo claimed that they were at the event against their will. With these picture surfacing, Lizzo's lawyer shares plans to counter sue the dancers, and he's stating that the photos contradict their complaints. He also brought up the audition video that has been leaked from Lizzo's former dancer.
Speaker 4: There's audio for this. Let's listen. What's up.
Speaker 31: It's Arianna Davis from season one of Lizzo's Watch Out for the Big Girls.
Speaker 6: I've been on tour. I've been working with Lizzo.
Speaker 31: For up some months, maybe close to a year now, and it's been so amazing and such a beautiful journey.
Speaker 4: You know, do what Lizzo's doing.
Speaker 31: I look up to her so much and I just want to follow on her footsteps and not only be an amazing dancer, but be an amazing singer and storyteller. I love to write music, I love to sing, and I just want to share that with the Queenleszo herself.
Speaker 1: I don't mind the countess to what do the pictures mean?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 5: The pictures mean nothing. Like folks small smile all the time when they're nervous. Plenty of people laugh when they uncomfortable or smile.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: But to say you were forced there against your will?
Speaker 1: Agree with? Well?
Speaker 4: What you say against that? This is take it to the court room.
Speaker 2: It's key court. What would you say, yeah, well, I will say this in court. It's you need a doubt, right, any doubt, that's what you need.
Speaker 1: Doubt.
Speaker 2: And that picture might show doubt because, like you said, if I was so uncomfortable, I didn't want to be there, I was forced there, then I post a picture that that makes it kind of seem that maybe I was fine with being there. But I won't say this a lot of times, and not on this case, but a lot of times an attorney will coherse you into doing something and then at the end of the day when she counted who's back, that attorney's not going to fight that case for free in most cases, So now you're gonna have to come out of your pocket. So just make sure that whatever it is, that you know what you're doing it. Don't let an attorney talk you into doing anything in any situation. Because these ladies, I don't know if they have money or not. If she counted suits, they got to pay for an attorney, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And as far as them going to the club, I agree those people was grown like nobody forced them to come.
Speaker 5: But they will speak about the power dynamic and say they couldn't tell her no because she's little and we didn't want to tell our boss no.
Speaker 2: That would be their defense. I would I would assume, well.
Speaker 4: We always know there's three sides of the story, her side, his side, and.
Speaker 1: When you're dealing with big people, it's a lot of.
Speaker 3: What about us, say Okay, all right, you got a little scared in any case with me, is what I said.
Speaker 4: Don't make me.
Speaker 1: You ain't that big. Stop saying that. You keep saying that.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I have to represent for the fan and fluffy and that's what I'm here to do now.
Speaker 2: And I've never heard that one.
Speaker 3: Well, shout out to my brother Tong Coupon. That's how he describes me. And I love it, not less so to these crazy celebrity fans. Now, y'all know since I've been here, I loved Ja Rul and I love O Marian.
Speaker 4: Everybody know that.
Speaker 3: But I'm not crazy enough to try to run up in their house. And this is what's been going on with Nicki Minaj and others. Let's get into it. It was previously reported that Nicki Minaj had a swatter who had been calling the police to her house with false reports of child abuse and fires.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 3: This is crazy, but luckily Nikki took to Twitter yesterday to reveal that the swatter has been identified and awarded for her arrested issues.
Speaker 4: She followed up by asking is it worth it? She said what hashtag? Was it worth it? Dumbo?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 5: Dropping the clues box and Nicki Minaj get locked up, get her thrown under the jail. No mercy, no grace, no nothing, because that's you know how intentional and evil that is to pick up the phone and do a swat call and say this person is abusing their child and whatever else she was saying. Come on, man, but think about it like this.
Speaker 2: Think about you know, Let's say you are like Kiki and you have your hammer with you, you're strapped with you, and they run up in your house. You don't know what's a police officer, and all of a sudden, Keiki starts firing and they start firing.
Speaker 1: You know, when'swat come down.
Speaker 4: That can go real bad.
Speaker 2: You could go bad if you know what the people are doing. If they sleep in abody kicked down the door because you know it's come though she's sleeping, do they come like that? I don't know if, but I don't think they're not going to do it. But how you doing they just kicked down the doors or come running out?
Speaker 1: I would think kicks in doors?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, they and they lay everybody down, according you know to my life at kick.
Speaker 4: Let's move on.
Speaker 3: Big Sean and Janey Iiko also have some issues going on with a crazy obsessed fan. They were in court for a twenty nine year old mail with the first name Ian, who has become dangerously obsessed with a couple, showing up to events, concerts, and even their home. He recently caught onto the property trying to break into the house, and it was reported that Janay is obviously fearing for her safety, she went to foul the restrain in order, but the request was denied by a judge. Now see you deny my request. Now, anything I do after that, I can't be hell responsible in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't deny that. Yeah, if they have a person that's acting a little crazy, and I got my child and my kid, you know what I mean. I got to defend myself. And I'm sure that restraining order was meant for them to defend themselves. And now if you come in my cribble on my property and I feel fearful of my life, I gotta defend myself.
Speaker 19: Right there it is.
Speaker 2: I'm a garb key key strapp and let it go with you.
Speaker 1: I ain't hear the story I got discracted. I was googling this why I kicked down door?
Speaker 2: I said no, no, no, no, that is.
Speaker 6: Up next.
Speaker 2: Five one oh five one let's get to the mixes. The Breakfast Love go onrning on everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. kikiS here our special guest hosts. Hey friends, and call it one O five right now, eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. I've been telling y'all my call show is two days away, so call it one O five. You got tickets to my car show. We're back in New York. Uh celebrity cars exicty cause old school cars. It's a family fun day, so think about a day party for families. There's gonna be music, activities and so much going on. Rides for the kids, games for the kids. It's so much more. But call it one O five. You'll be into the building. And if you don't win, now where you could get your tickets? Just hit up event right or event no war All right? Now, KICKI how you doing? Thank you for joining us these last couple of days.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys for having me. I really love it.
Speaker 5: And so listen this week you'll be doing. You'll be on three stations this week. Ray So you did Breakfast Club this yeah?
Speaker 12: Week?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yep, I'll be on Kiss FM with the Fred Show in Chicago.
Speaker 4: Back tomorrow, So back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't take days off. I'll be on w g C I on Saturday two to six every weekend.
Speaker 4: That's to me.
Speaker 3: And then shout out to Q ninety three in New Orleans. Y'all on Q ninety three and yep, so I do that Saturdays from eleven am to three.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now we got to give you a gift because you know Fred Fred texted carry up back they got rats to New York, right, he's right, Well we got to send We got to send him back something a gift for some maybe some Timberland, some air Force one, some hallow food.
Speaker 1: So you already had the gift the way you was talking.
Speaker 4: The cash out.
Speaker 3: Something because I got gifts for y'all. Okay, Yes, I didn't come with gifts for y'all. Want to give those before I leave. So go ahead and open your gifts, guys. Okay, And you see y'all use the rainbow color paper because I want to respect you'all lifestyles and represent and it's a nice little bulls snap back hat your well, no, actually I meant it that way because I want you to represent each other when y'all not together, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Rock with the bulls. Appreciate the bulls, legendary bulls like you know we all love the bulls in the night.
Speaker 3: And I got your names put on them and everything. Thank you so much, Thank you guys for having me. Okay, I love it here and you know, sharing the breakfast club family with me.
Speaker 2: So you know we got you something to Kiki, lying got looking around, lying for what we can give on the way out somebody we gotta get back something.
Speaker 3: Let me let me get up what y'all can give me. Can y'all at least like a picture on my page to let people know y'all mess with me.
Speaker 12: Y'all even we don't follow you.
Speaker 4: You know you don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Let me follow on air, Kiki, k e k e that's the that's the gift that y'all gig.
Speaker 9: Yes on.
Speaker 2: K e k right here there you go.
Speaker 1: It's a white girl.
Speaker 2: There's not not no white girl. First person I say is Mario and that's how k e oh dub man.
Speaker 4: His hearing is really going.
Speaker 1: Every kekey from Chicago spell k yes we do. Okay, I just followed you thank you.
Speaker 2: You see Mario A.
Speaker 4: Right, that's the gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the right keyky all right.
Speaker 4: I keep it on brand.
Speaker 2: When we come back to positive. Notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's Steve J M V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club, Shout the Kiki I guest co host, and also shout the Audible like they're celebrating fifty years of hip hop alright, and they got new titles on Audible free all summer along including words and music values from Snoop Dog and Shout the DJ dramas Gangster Grill. It's of course he has conversations with two Chains, Little Wing, Whiskly for j z t I, Pharrell and so many more. Here's a sample of the Gangster Grills.
Speaker 35: It's not just adabs, right, there's an art. You know, the the best edmdjs in the world. Just don't win to drop it, you know what I'm saying, Like, how do you figure out what it is and win the right moment? I'm like a chef, That's the best way for me to describe it. You know, like people bring me their food and I bring it to my kitchen. You know, I have all the right spices. My oven is the most immaculate ever created. And you know, I turn it to four hundred and twenty five degrees and it's like, it's the reason why I've been so successful at it, and it's been so sought after for two decades plus in our space.
Speaker 17: You know what I'm saying, because I'm just when it comes to mixtapes.
Speaker 1: Can I say you just know how much pepper and how much saw?
Speaker 2: It is like chef Boy or drama. You can listen to free go to audible dot com slash hiprop Forever. While you're on Audible, check out my book Me and my wife's book, Real Life, Real Love. Check out Charlamagne's two books that's out there. You can check out State of Emergency. What else you got on audible?
Speaker 5: Charlaman oh Man, We got so much stuff on audible because you know, we got a partnership with Audible, me and Kevin Hart our company SBAH Production. So we got a Finding Tamika by Erica Alexander and Color Farm. We got some of eighty five by my guy Chris Morrow. We got our latest release is Unleashed for Love. It's an audio romantic comedy audio romantic scripted comedy starring Alisha Renee and Logan Browning and Pretty V and Jets Hilarius and Portia Williams, Jasell Bryant. We got Jasmin Guy because Deem Hardison playing Alisha's parents.
Speaker 1: So yeah, man, go to Audible. Check out all of those projects and many more. Man.
Speaker 5: I love Audible, all right, genuinely love Audible. Not just because we're doing an ad for the Audible because we got a company at Audible. But even if I didn't have the company at Audible, it's still getting paid to do ad for Audible. I would still listen to Audible because I was doing that before we were getting paid to do all of these things.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, all right, keep it locked. This's the Breakfast Logan Morning.
Speaker 10: Hang.
Speaker 2: Everybody is theej n V. Charlamagea God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Key Key here, our guest co host. I just got to ask you one question.
Speaker 1: Key.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm paying For the last couple of days, you've been saying that your two people that you love so much as O Marion and Ja Rul. Yes, now tell us why.
Speaker 3: Okay, So marian I was obsessed with B two K I was one of the girls chasing the vans like I was really early.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the whole spray.
Speaker 3: Faintas shirts, keek and on Marion forever together, Like it's a real serious thing.
Speaker 4: So I love him.
Speaker 3: He's the top of the list, Okay, And I'm manifesting our marriage and I feel like I'm one millennium tour away because every year we get closer and closer together. I've interviewed you know what I'm saying, you go on one more millennium to Yeah, I've interviewed him a bunch of times. We got a good relationship. Now he knows who I am. Okay, So I feel like I'm getting closer to him.
Speaker 2: So let's say you're in a situation Kiki, right, Yes, say you got a boyfriend or whatever it makes you have a man huh, So you have a many then knows that you have this love and devotion for O Marion.
Speaker 4: Yes, but you guys know I do. I don't have a ring on my finger. Relationship technically single.
Speaker 1: You're the pressure you're putting on him, Like, look, I tell you put a ring on my finger. Marion is still still on the table.
Speaker 4: We won millennium to a white baby.
Speaker 2: You know, I mistakenly call him a Mario. Oh no, I can't get an argument with like a Mario would never well.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would absolutely say that. Yes, that sounds like me okay, and Ja Ja Ro. I just feel like I've always held Ja Roul down through the whole fifty thing. And I love fifty too, but I feel like Ja Roul never gets the respect that he deserves. And he was such a big important part of my childhood and all them records still hit, so this will always be a Ja Rul irv Gotti. I used to think I was gonna work for Murder Inc. One point in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is still possible, it could.
Speaker 5: John still got a lot of businesses. What you said is very true. Not only Jarru's music has just aged very well. Yes, that's just all of this aged very well that as I'm grown now, it's very age appropriate music.
Speaker 3: I feel like, but we didn't ride for him or appreciate him when fifty came on the scene.
Speaker 4: I feel like nobody was loyal but me.
Speaker 2: Did you have a strap during that time?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: That's why I wanted to work for Murder Inc. I felt like it was on brand. But you know I gave my life to the Lord, so no now I'm here.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well chelam Man, you've got a positive note I do.
Speaker 5: Before we do the positive note, I want to tell y'all make sure to go check out Just Hilarius this weekend at the Funny Bone in Columbus, Ohio. She'll be there all weekend Friday and Saturday. Slewted everybody at the Funny Bone and Columbus, Ohio. Man had a great time there earlier this year when Duval was performing there. So make sure y'all check out Just Hilarius this weekend. And I want to tell y'all that the positive note comes from the late Great Maya Angelou. Maya Angelou once said, I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it.
Speaker 1: Have a good day.
Speaker 4: I'm