Speaker 1: L fifteen to ten touched up Sack.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Guys, Welcome into another episode of Chargers Weekly from the Hope Performance Center as always, joined by Matt Muddy Smith. Buddy, we're taping this about an hour and change before you hit the road. This is a time will cast by the way on Friday. So if you listen to Money on the radio, you're also gonna be able to watch more TV.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun. So, you know, thinking about our friend Noah Eagle, he got pressed into emergency duty has to apply to Ireland. It's called the Notre Dame Navy Game and for NBC that issues new employer no longer doing the Clipper play by play here in town, and said he is hired by NBC to do Big ten football and they need him to head over across the pond there to call the Notre Dame game. So Josh Rupreck, the name you may not hear often, but one of our bosses here is had the idea, why don't we do a simulcast. Let's get you DJ and Dan and the booth LT down on the field and gonna have a lot of fun. I'm gonna do everything I can to stay out of the way. I got a lot of big football brains between those three that can really break it down and should have a really good time talking about this final preseason game. The roster what we've seen so far, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm excited and on your home channel two, Channel two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be a pregame post game with the great Jim Hill and Jalila Die and Haley O Wood.
Speaker 1: So it'll be fun. This last preseason game. I always date back to.
Speaker 3: The Austin Eckler twenty seventeen year right because it was against San Francisco and that's the game he made the roster. I guess before we look ahead to the Niners, let's look back to that weird Sunday her a quake that was really just rain. A game where you know, the Chargers lose your takeaways. I guess maybe starting at the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: Well else, a rough game for Easton, no doubt. Took a couple of really bad sacks, one on a third down where he just had He had a couple where I think he was sacked maybe three four times. He just for whatever reason just didn't get rid of the ball. So I'm sure that's something that that coach went over with him. Didn't really have good protection. But at the same time, a club of those sacks were on him. Thought had one interception that just got baited into it, didn't see the safety squatting, did not take the bait to go deep. But he ran the ball really well like and that's one of the things about Easton is he's a legitimate dual threat and he ran the ball with purpose, you know, rushed for two touchdowns, rushed for first downs, you know, rushed into contact, really ran the ball well. So there's there's that. You know, the connection with Quinton was great. You know, we had the drops on that first game, you know, Johnston three targets, three receptions. That's great to see. The running game was not nearly as effective. None of the runners quite had the same sort of effect. So I think that was now. I think it's also fair and look, everybody can play this game, and they kind of do. But legitimately, the Saints had their starting defense in for a good percentage of that game, and the Chargers, you know, they started with Zion and Jamari out there and then they were gone in a hurry. So it really was for quite a bit of the game. Backups versus starters in terms of Chargers offense versus Saints defense. I think that's something to keep in mind. If it looked a little bit lopsided but offensively, I would say that's It's probably what stood out to me.
Speaker 1: Sticking with Easton, no foot attended.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is he someone that you really want to see make a jump on Friday in terms of did we bring in another arm? Because I think people were very happy with his progression over the last four to five seasons, and he had a good camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think if I had to guess they're gonna play, you know, he's gonna play again, and they're gonna want to see a little bit more. Are the Rams that bad? You know? Watching the Rams Raiders game, they got chewed up and spit out by the Raiders.
Speaker 1: As well, same score, thirty four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Rams look like they're gonna be really bad this year. So I think you have to be careful about putting too much positive spin on the Rams game and too much negative spin on this skame. So I think we'll see him a little bit. For me, the more interesting thing in the San Francisco game, and going from Friday through Tuesday at one pm, is what's what's the decision with Max Duggan. You know, to me, that's that's a very valuable spot. And so with Easton, what I'm guessing they really want to see is all right, it'll be comfortable with two quarterbacks, because man, we'd like to be comfortable with two quarterbacks, so they can plant Max on the practice squad and then Easton, you know, you can just run with two quarterbacks and that fifty just think of that as your fifty third spot can be an extra dlignement. Maybe that's you know, Girod Clark. Maybe that's an extra wide receipt. Maybe that's Elijah Dotson, like that's not Maybe it's an extra safety or court. Maybe that's Cam Brown. You know, that's what I'd really what I'm hopeful is that Easton can have a really good first quarter, get out of there, and then they feel comfortable planting to Max on the practice squad and that gives you a roster spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, and I think that's the reason he didn't see Max at all. That was a little surprising you didn't see him at all, But to see Easton kind of struggle in that first half. It was good to put him back out there. See the growing pantsy you can kind of get himself out of it. The running back position, like you said, Elijah Dotson game one to game two a little bit different. I still think Isaiah Spiller showed that burst and they hit that one fifteen yard run. That really showed me this is the guy that they drafted at the fourth round.
Speaker 2: Of text saying it he's going to get reps. I think that's what we've discovered this preseason. He's play. He's going to play. It's not going to be like last year where he's maybe not active on a couple of game days and he's in the rotation. It's not just one series in the first half and one series in the second. He's going to be part of the rotation. And that's you know, so that's where all the people that are clamoring for Dotson to make the active roster you have to now ask yourself, Okay, what this is a team that has its sights fixed on the Super Bowl, like winning a Super how many carries is Elijah Dotson going to get in a regular season game? If you feel and I feel like we know what Joshua Kelly is and he's a valuable part of this team. We obviously know that Austin Eckler's and the conversation is the best all around running back in the NFL. And now we're feeling really good about Isaiah Spiller. So then the question becomes, Okay, if Elijah makes the fifty three, what's his role? You know, what is his role on game day? And so now I'm going to ask the question and answer it myself. The role is that it's a position of attrition, you know, And that's his role is that every year the running back takes a high rate of injury games missed. So that's why he's on the active roster. If he's not feel great about those three guys, as long as they can stay healthy. If he is feel really good about the depth, I.
Speaker 3: Think the question Chargers fans have is can you keep him on the fifty three initially so you don't lose him, because that could be a guy you lose. But again, game three is a perfect opportunity to see if that's a guy worth keeping on your fifty three initially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we've we've been through this before. You know, we've been We've been through this with Troy May and Pope, we've been through this with Tres Newsom, Like we've been through the preseason running back that raises his hand and you say, ooh, you put them on the practice squad and someone might claim him and they don't, you know, and rarely do those players get claimed.
Speaker 3: Who is the running back from Tulane that Coach Lynn compared to a mac truck?
Speaker 2: Why is the name of s Yeah, that's a scape.
Speaker 1: A lot of like Tres Newsom, Troy May called.
Speaker 2: Him at f one fifty Yeah, and I'm trying to and it's it might have been one of those two. It might have been anyway those like that's the thing, like we think, oh, yeah, no doubt someone's gonna come Clay, And maybe they will, you know, maybe maybe the Colts come get them because John the Taylor's you know, not going to be ready for the first game of the season or they trade them whatever. So yeah, someone could claim him. But I think that's that's what makes the job so hard. So makes putting the fifty three together so hard because you've got to play that and you know, one of the things that Tom Telesco. During his interview with with DJ and Me on this past Sunday against the Saints, he brought up a point that people regularly forget. He's like, don't forget, guys, we have a staff. We have a pro staff that a staff that scouts the pro teams. They're out there looking at bubble players that will fit us better than maybe some of the guys we have. So it's not just our ninety players, it's the other guys that might get put on a practice squad that fill a position of need for us a little bit more than it'd be nice to keep a fourth running back, you know, is it another safety if Low is still not feeling one hundred percent? Is it another corner if Jc's not ready to go, Like, that's what you have to start thinking about as well.
Speaker 3: I just the fact that Spiller didn't play at all last year and he was a fourth round pick. What do you think Dots is going to do this year? Sitting on He's gonna sit on the practice squad is going to be inactive because they have three guys ahead of him. So the wide receiver position is another intriguing spot. We've seen Quentin get the necessary reps. Darius Davis's fleshed John high Tower played in his first game. Jalen Geiden's status is up in the air as we begin September. Where do you think they go in terms of wide receiver? We know one to four, who's going to be the fifth? And do they keep six?
Speaker 2: Well, they're going to keep six because I don't think. I don't think Guden's going to be ready, you know, just we saw him working off to the side, you know, in that final training camp practice yesterday. So if I had to guess, I don't think he's going to be ready to go, which means it's going to be a pick your you know, pick your style of wide receiver that you want to make the team. You know, Keeland DAWs has caught everything that's been thrown at him, Yes, you know, but he is a similar receiver to Mike Williams, keenan Allen, big body, you know, runs good routes, sure handed. You know, John high Tower's got speed. You know, he's a little bit smaller, he's got speed. So I think, you know, and remember we've got a fifth wide receiver because Darius Davis go to make the team. So you're really at five, and then you've now got to figure out which of these two guys is going to be the six and which one ends up on the practice squad and will he be claimed? And I could see either of those guys considering just what a passing league it's become. I could see either of those guys being claimed. I think they are valuable and they could contribute. But again, denzil Mims got cut. Yeah, denzil Ms got cut barely even played. I think he already found another home if I remember right, I think someone scooped him up. But so it's you know, and again Mike Williams, Keenan Allen, Josh Palmer, Quintin Johnston. Okay, now you're Darius Davis for those you know, let's take the top off. And that's something that we saw in the preseason. I'm very excited about that. Teams had to honor Darius Davis. He's good man, he can He's going to get to feeling to hurry Jet sweet. But I'm just talking about just sending him. You know, as long as there's no press, if you can put him in motion and then send him so you can't press him off the line, then you know, there's your speed element as well, and maybe then Keelan Dass comes in and that's how you.
Speaker 1: Put that puzzle together tight end.
Speaker 3: I think we're pretty solid on Gerald Everet, who we talked to last week. Trey McKitty, Donald Parhum still and smart, and that's the one stone going to make the act.
Speaker 1: You can separate himself from They're.
Speaker 2: Going to be four, and I think he does. I do think I think they carry four, you know, and who knows though it's you know, there's Trey's done a nice job blocking this preseason. He's had a couple of really good reps blocking and that's what he's asked to do. He's seemed frustrated, I noticed in the Saints game, and also I think it happened a couple of times as well in the Rams game where he's wide open and the ball just didn't find him, and I think that was frustrating for him. He wants more opportunities, and I think they view and to me, that tells me when you're calling in the player, when the play's designed, he's not He's dead last in the progression. It's not someone that they think is going to contrue a lot in the passing game. So what he's been asked to do, I thought he's done very well. But Stone Smart. It's just so interesting because of how new he is to the position and how quickly he's progressed. He's sure handed, and that goes a long way when you're a tight end, because you're typically banging around, you know, in the middle of the field, running those seam routes when you're you know, you're trying to to make a play down the middle of the field. Now maybe you're wide open, and he has shown a knack to create separation, you know, when he's getting manned up by a safety or a or a linebacker. So if I had to, you know, if you ask me, hey, put your name on this and sign it, I'd say four. And I think smart makes.
Speaker 3: It's keep theme the offense, the offensive line, the starting five or set you We'll clap at center, Foster Surrel.
Speaker 1: Zach Bailey.
Speaker 3: Those are the guys that you want to see have a positive game Friday. And then you know, maybe that is a position that Tom was referring to. Maybe there's a tackler or a guard out there that fits what Kellimore and Copy like to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to me, there's there's a roster about between you know, Brendon Himss and probably Zach Bailey. I that's and I think Bailey's played a lot more and I think he's been a little bit more steady through the preseason. So the one thing to remember about the Old line and why it very well could be the best group in the league, is that you've got your backup tackle and Sawyer. So if one of the two tackles goes down, he just kicks out and now it's much easier to replace him with probably a Zach Bailey is now your number one guard. So that's kind of a nice thing about the Old line. That's where you get your depth. You know, very very few teams have two good tackles, and the Chargers have three, which is just incredible. Almost no teams have three that you would feel good about throwing any combination of those two out there. I feel like, you know, Sawyer is not going to be leaky if he's with Slater. Soler and Pipkins are not going to be leaky, as we know if they're out there together. So that's that is a huge win for this team going into the season to have that kind of depth at that position, and I think you hit it on the head, Chris, it's it's Foster Surrell, it's Zach Bailey. Obviously you need will clap, and then it's McFadden or McK McClendon because it was just taken. He's developmental and I can't imagine him getting planned on the practice squad.
Speaker 3: You know, our buddy Brendon Thorne, who we've had on the podcast talking all things over line, he brought up a good point about Foster. He had to go up against Nick Bosa, Max Crosby and some other elite pass rusher in his three starts last year. Yeah, we heard about him going down to Duke Mannyweather and improving this year. So listen, when when Nick Bosa and Max Crosby are on the menu, it's not gonna go well for you, No, you know, for anybody, now, you know. So that's that's one thing I think that you can take. Those are the reps you take and you say, Okay, I got better from that in twenty twenty two and I can apply to.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty three. Yeah, Foster's interesting just because and I think this is something that, look, you can you can take it as positive or negative. I don't know what. I'll let you be the judge. I won't give you my opinion on it. But you know, Foster was the number one ol lignement in California is five star and he went to Stanford, so you know there was something there that that people saw. And I think people tend to chase that. They chase first round, they chase five stars, saying Okay, why why couldn't they extract that? What is it? What can we do? In the case of Foster, he's had a so so preseason. There have been quite a few pressures that he's given up. It's been a bit of a tough go for He and Austin pleasants at the tackle position. And look, it's understandable, right you had Zion and Sawyer in the middle there and they've given up nothing like they have just been rocks in the center of that line. So but that's it's a developmental position. Think about Trey year one and year two and then Pop year three. It all comes together and I think that's where the Foster Sirel project is super interesting and comes into play.
Speaker 1: Starting five. Feel great about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you give Rashaan slater back Corey Lindsley's a rock, the two guards, and then Trey coming into his own last year hoping for even better in twenty twenty three. So we talked about these TCU rookie wide receivers drifted in the first and fourth round, sandwiched in between. It's a pretty good defenders man Henley until he pullout to they showed why they were drafted in the second third round on Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: Dan was the best player on the field either team. He was incredible. It was It was fun to watch him. He's an athlete. He hits, he diagnoses, and attacks with no hesitation. The sack was Derwin esque, just the timing, knowing when to fire, how quickly he got through that hole before it could collapse, just the sure handedness when he arrived at the quarterback. There was that there was a tackle for loss that was also found the hole in the midst of a ton of mud and was able to assess and attack that. And then he had a play where he went from opposite hash to sideline and ended up making the tackle. I think they maybe got a two three yard gain out of it, and it looks like something that could have been a big gain or he was great. And that's DJ said this on the broadcast during the game. You know he he pointed out, Brandon likes versatility. Just think about what he had hoped to do with Derwin last year if he could have got the pieces right, and that's something that Dayon may free up so he can play. Dayon can play that a dollar or I don't know if Brandon calls it dollar or money. So it's some version of that. And every defense but that linebacker safety hybrid where you've got to be able to carry a tight end or you can rush the passer on a blitzer as a second level blitzer, like Dayon's gonna fill that gonna You're gonna see if he's what we think he can be. Just the combo of he and Durwin out there together and the offense having no idea where either of them are coming from, which one's dropping, which one's coming, where are they coming from, It's gonna be fun. Like it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: So sometimes it'll take half a season enough you're even going to get contributions from your first, second, third, fourth. We know right now Quentin's going to contribute. Darius is going to contribute it a big way Tooley's right behind Bosa and Mac and Dayon. I mean the fact that Deayon could do so much and then also be a special team Dace. Like we know the first four picks are going to contribute to this team. Right before the third preseason game, Tom Tom and company did pretty good.
Speaker 2: This year, and I'll add one more. Matt Locke's going to contribute. He's going to be in that rotation. I have no doubt about it. He's good six weeks, really good, and you're seeing he cannot be He's not moved with the old lineman, and I know he's facing back up old lineman, but he is strong at the point of attack. He holds, he sheds, he makes tackles, he'll he'll carry guys. You'll see, we've seen it. You put a backup in there. You know when he was facing the second and third level offensive lineman a couple of times they're on skates and he is just jamming that guy and collapse in the pocket. He's good. He's really talked about him last week. Yeah, So I think you're talking about four contributors, five probably out of this rookie class. And we'll see how you know, when when things get real and they're out there against the Dolphins or the Vikings. You know, think about those first three weeks Dolphins, Titans, Vikings. You got three veteran laden, really good teams, smart coaches. You know, we'll see how it goes. You know, bright offensive mines obviously, and and just Mike Rabel's one of the steadiest head coaches in the league and always fields a competitive squad no matter who's out there. So it'll get real in a hurry. But I do have faith that this rookie class is going to contribute in a big way.
Speaker 1: Uh, the other linebackers won't play Knaine and Kendricks anybody else at that position that you're you're looking at on Friday.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, we have a pretty good it's idea. It's I just don't I think in terms of Brandon's defense, it doesn't require a lot of that. And it's too bad because Blake Lynch has had a really good preseason. I know, I got banged up in that Saints game, but he's had a he's been a tackling mache had a sack on a blitz Carlo Kemp is an edge, not necessarily a linebacker, but he's a smaller edge, so he might fit into that outside linebacker. You know, he probably fall under the label of an edge. He's been really good. Those are guys that they're going to try to park on the practice squad and you feel good about I think Nicknemon is still shown he's super valuable to this team on special teams. And I you know, and I think you trust him if you got to send him out there because guys get hurt. But I think he's still super valuable and as his aimen. You know, those are two linebackers that are going to make the team because they're foundational p their core four guys, their foundational pieces for special teams.
Speaker 1: So three years later, think about this.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty, we were having legitimate discussions as whether or not the Chargers should draft Isaiah Simmons right right or Jeff acud Hure percent Simmons gets traded for a seventh round. Tick Raday Jonathan Gannon, who's best friends with coach Staley, has Kaisier White in Arizona, feels comfortable with him. So it does show you that some of these guys are expendable. Could you imagine if Simmons was drabbed over Justin Herbert.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think that was ever going to happen. I don't think so, but yeah, And I think it's also a reminder that football is so circumstantial.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: You know, who knows if he was If Isaiah Simmons was drafted over Justin Herbert and they end up taking Jalen Hurts in the second round, you know, if that's the way it goes, maybe Isaiah Simmons is, you know, the second coming of take your pick. I don't know, maybe you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't want to throw names out there and sound ridiculous, because he was just traded for a seventh round pick, but he was incredible at Clemson. I mean incredible, guy could do everything, and he went to a terrible organization that just I mean, look at who is guy to Temple Son Reddick Sore. Yeah, they couldn't figure out what to do with him. He goes to Philadelphia and the guy's got fifteen sacks. It's like he goes home and he's good exactly. So I think it's also, you know, before we start piling on Isaiah. Let's give him a chance in New York work with a great organization now with Brian dabole Unlet's see what he can do. But I'm just like man a seventh for Isaiah Simmons.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just it's they're they're they're cleaning.
Speaker 3: House of all the previous administrations. They like DeAndre Hopkins laughed at it. He said, oh okay for a seventh round pick. So Simmons Simmons has he's young.
Speaker 2: The Rams and the Cardinals are in a dead ass sprint for Caleb Williams. I mean, that's just that's all.
Speaker 1: There is not It's a two two team division.
Speaker 2: They are both sprinting to the to the finish line backwards.
Speaker 3: Speaking of draft picks that may be questionable, Trey Lance is good. Really, it's the Bowl. It's the Bison Bowl. It's a stick versus Lance. Yeah, they were back to back guys and and Trey is probably gonna have an opportunity to put some tape out there to either get traded or you know, show the Niners that maybe there's still a little bit of hope.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He'll be going up against the secondary of the Chargers, who we know is pretty established.
Speaker 2: Uh, j T.
Speaker 3: Woods is the one guy that I think has made some strides this preseason. The big time that that's going to contribute is that third safety behind a Loohi and third one.
Speaker 2: He had a great game. I know he had one bad angle early in the game, but man, he responded and you know, had an interception not yesterday day before in practice, great interception. And he's really played well. I thought he had a really good game that you know. The thing with JT was tackling and that was his thing at Baylor, and that's why he slid to the third round despite leaving the lead, you know, leading the NCAA in interceptions and being a four to three guy that's long and had you know, on field ball production. So how do you slip to the third round. Well, that's why he was not a great tackler, and we saw that last year and particularly in that Arizona game. Coach, you know, just felt like I can't afford that moving forward here now you're seeing we saw him. He's been physical this preseason. I mean, he had a couple thumpers out there on Sunday and it's been fun to see because that's if he can get that squared away. Man, This dude with high, high ceiling, you know, ball production skills at that high safety position. You know, they can really come up with a couple two three four interceptions, game changing style interceptions in a game.
Speaker 3: You know about any other players, and I should say another player that we always see in practice he's productive, he can't stay healthy is Mark Webb. This is a huge game from Mark Webb as whether or not he's gonna make this fifty three.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting one just because I think Raheem Lane is one hundred percent in He's He's such a good special teams player, so I think it's going to take a lot to get him off the fifty three. And I don't know if they can carry both Lane and Mark Webb. But you know, Mark Webb is another one of those. He can play safety, he can play corner, he can play nickel, he can you know, he can do a lot. And that's why he's so intriguing. He just has not been able to stay healthy. So hoping he goes out there, plays great shows he can stay healthy and you know, make it hard, make it really hard on the front office.
Speaker 3: What else we want to see Friday, Buddy, I I really I think we're at the point, how where we just.
Speaker 1: Want to get to Miami.
Speaker 3: This is this is almost like this third preseason game. Is it's good for maybe to forty eight to the fifty three. But I don't I don't know if a lot of veterans are going to be traveling and this is really just all about kind of filling out your final fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I think the I think those you know, last couple spots. I'm a big fan at your Rod Clark, big fan. I think he is something they need. He's he's a legitimate He's listed at three thirty, no chance, no chance, he's three sixty five. If he's fifty pounds. He has got hockey assists all over the place out there. You know, you watch his tape and you will see, man, that guy is. He is strong. He's more athletic than you think. So I'd really like to see him make this roster. I fall for these guys every year, though, you know, I really do. Brendan Braden Fojoco, Forrest Merrill. This year, I'm a Gerrod Clark. They've all stayed in the mix, and they have and they've all contributed, they've all been super important, you know, and I just kind of think about what this team doesn't have. They don't have that like they they've got the super athletic anterior lineman looks, you know, Bash and Austin Johnson. They're big guys. Tito's big. Now, Tito's a big dude. But they don't have that three hundred and fifty three hundred and sixty pound nose tackle that can occupy two blockers and they got no choice but to put two on them. So that's a guy I'm really keeping an eye. And I think if he has another good one, he's already put together two really good games and great joint practices with the Saints. I think he's one to watch. And yeah, I think that's you know, we've already discussed everybody else. You know, Elijah and the wide receiver, battle Stone Smart and you met you know, Cam Brown. The corner can never have too many corners, So maybe keep an eye on him on special teams, see if he flashes on that front.
Speaker 3: We as we close camp, the starters are now all eyes on week one? How would you assess what we saw in camp from the ones on both sides.
Speaker 2: Great team and it's a really good team. I think. You know, if you just go through the thirty two teams in the NFL and your rank rosters, you know, top to bottom, Chargers are They're They're right at the top. They are right at the top. They've got talent at every single position group, you know, like and they got blue chip talent O line, D line, secondary, quarterback, wide receiver, running back. That's they have blue chip talent with depth.
Speaker 3: This year, it seems like the depth, the depth at the beginning of the year as opposed to last year.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say it's.
Speaker 3: Night and day, but it's definitely significant. Y, you know, wide receiver position, the running backs, the corners, having JC back with Mikey and and Assante, Like, I do feel like guys who had to play last year that maybe weren't expected to play.
Speaker 1: That's going to be very valuable to this.
Speaker 2: Team in this subcosm. Yeah, you mentioned h corners with Josh here and what he was able to do. Yeah, let the lines the lines really are is what flashed for me this year is Wow, they got you know two Lee's good. You know, they got a little bit of depth there now, and that's that's another interesting one with Farmer and Brevin. Anna like, they've got some good practice squad. Hopefully people don't snatch them up line options if they have to kind of pluck from the practice squad as well. Now that's something to remember too. Like, as I'll wrap it up, Brian keeps looking at his watch like we're going too long or something. Jerk. What I would say is, don't forget about the sixteen practice squad guys, because you're talking about a position you know, you're talking about a practice squad that last year was leaned on heavily. Heavily those guys contributed, So don't get so fixated on the fifty three. Let's not forget last year. You know, Moa Hinton, Fojoko, those guys were practice squad guys, you know, and they were able to contribute to this team. Raheem Lane was up and down from the practice squad, big contributors, So that's something to remember. Those sixteen names are also super important for what this team wants to try to accomplish in twenty twenty three. I get it.
Speaker 3: I think fans are antsy right now because preseason Week three it's all right, let's just get to week one. We're gonna have Week zero next week with the fifty three man roster intact. Maybe we'll answer some questions next week before we get to week one, you know, answer some questions about the season. Who got cut, who's on the practice squad, any guys that may get picked up. There's still some free agents out there, so a lot probably to develop over the next couple of weeks. As we get to Week one against Miami Dolphins, Money, you got a flight to catch, I'm gonna hang here, I do pregame post game, and you got this guy simulcast Friday on CBS. Still, it'll be fun