Speaker 1: You guys ready to have your minds blown? Yah? Are you? Are you ever really ready to have it blown? Well, prepare yourself, because that's what I'm gonna do this morning. What am I about to tell you? It's literally gonna make jose fall off his chair. He already felt. You caught yourself with your feet.
Speaker 2: You're lucky your feet.
Speaker 1: It was a jump fall. So look, these aren't as prominent anymore. But back in the day you might remember McDonald's had a bunch of characters, not just Ronald. There was the Hamburglar, They had Birdie the Early Bird, and last but not least, was Grimace. Y.
Speaker 3: Man, I remember there was like a playground at like outdoor playground, and you could climb up inside like a Hamburgler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, creepy. It was that super creepy.
Speaker 1: What's just don't act like you didn't see him on your happy meal the other day. Okay, you're not that young to go google Grimace right now if you don't know who he is. But I always thought he was just a big purple monster that loves greasy food and gives children nightmares. But I guess that's not one hundred.
Speaker 2: Percent true because something else.
Speaker 1: A longtime manager at McDonald's didn't interview recently, and it's blowing everyone away because he claimed that Grimace is actually supposed to be a giant taste bud.
Speaker 2: That is so gross. Was monster so much better than that?
Speaker 1: If you look at taste buds on our tongue underneath the microscope, they look like big purple blobs. So maybe there's actually some truth to this.
Speaker 2: No, yo, he was a giant taste bud walking around It weird. It grosses me out.
Speaker 1: It's a taste bud that I guess is so happy and loves burgers so much that literally is jumped out of somebody's mouth to live at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: It is supposed to be a happy taste bud. Why did they name him Grimace? He never looked very happy.
Speaker 1: Well, see, the thing is McDonald's is ever confirmed this, not officially, but the former manager claims it's the truth. Wow, that's really.
Speaker 2: Cool hanging out with the clown all day.
Speaker 1: It is so sorry to give you nightmares all over again. Let's move on to the shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just realized my whole tongue is full of grimaces.
Speaker 1: You got a bugge bull of names. He's gonna draw one outsie who gets asked the trivia question. If you get it wrong, you're gonna be punished while singing a song and getting shocked. So text into seventy five nine to two, tell us what song you'd like to hear? Jose, you're drawing a name out because you had the shot collar last. And who'd you get? I got brook I only have pies for you, Yeah, Brooks putting on the shot collar wall. That happens digital, Jake, please read us a shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 4: Mount Rushmore is an enormous sculpture of four American presidents in the Black Hills of South Dakota. However, presidents were not the first idea that a historian had when he suggested the monument. A man named Dwayne believed that the heroes of the sculpture should not be the founding fathers, but instead he wanted four people who were instrumental at making America what it was back in the eighteen hundreds. His suggestions included Buffalo Bill Cody, who was a famous American West gun slinger, Lakota Chief Red Cloud, who is best known for his confrontations with the US government and two other names. Today, I need you to tell me who were the two other notable figures from the eighteen hundreds who are supposed to be on the original Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: I liked that they were actually going to use the Native Americans. I do like that.
Speaker 1: I got one for you right away that I think is obvious. Davy Crockett. Oh, a guy to where the Coonskin had and he died at the Alamo, famous Western explorer.
Speaker 3: I was going to go Lewis and Clark because there's two of them. I mean, it just makes sense to me, you know, the famous explorers.
Speaker 1: Those are good thoughts too, you know, came out. But that would take up both of the other two.
Speaker 2: Then, right, that would be my easy answer.
Speaker 1: Shot collar question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean my.
Speaker 1: Thought was Benjamin Franklin because of all of his inventions and helping form America. It's not a bad thought. But it's the seventeen hundreds. Oh that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Oh it was in eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talking about eighteen hundreds. Let's get the question one more time.
Speaker 4: Historian Dwyane Robinson first suggested four figures to be immortalized on Mount Rushmore. Before being overruled. He initially offered Buffalo Bill Cody and a famous American West gun slinger, Lakota Chief Red Cloud, who is best known for his confrontations with the US government, and two other names.
Speaker 2: I mean, my other thought was Saka Juea, but I thought that too. But I don't think they're gonna put a female up there.
Speaker 1: I think because they put a Native American chief up there, they'd be more willing to put a female on there too, Or they felt like we made our quota.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we're it's still the white man that's making.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a diverse enough mountain at this point. Yeah, and they would have made him a white looking.
Speaker 3: Man on the Okay, who else would I mean, Bonnie and Clyde? Who else from the eighteen hundreds? Are we thinking that we're actually monumental? Outside of Lewis and Clark? Can anybody ever think.
Speaker 2: Is it bad? I can't think any people from it?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, I'm just trying to think of famous people from the West. There's like Annie Oakley. She's famous for being like a gunslander in the West.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I think she wasn't she an outlaw?
Speaker 1: Or no, No, that's like Butch Cassidy. Okay, that's thinking Jesse James, but so much you're thinking.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm like Betty White and Jesus Betty White.
Speaker 2: They actually knew each other. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Loaf of bread or a Redenboker. Oh, there we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, the right brothers isn't bad though.
Speaker 1: The brother they did planes in the nineteen hundreds. Nineteen hundred, Yeah, it was the early nineteen Kitty North Carolina. Yeah, useless information.
Speaker 4: He has no laptop or anything in front of Jeffery his hands behind his head.
Speaker 1: I'm just a shame that I even know in this crowd.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go Lewis and Clark.
Speaker 1: That's a good guess. That's a good guest.
Speaker 4: While today we see Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, and my guy Ed Roosevelt on the face of Mount Rushmore. Historian Dwyane Robinson wanted to go in a different direction. Initially, he suggested notable people from the American West, and I gave you two names and asked you to come up with the others. Buffalo Bill Cody and Lakota Chief Red Cloud made the list. But the other two names I was looking for are definitely associated with the West and going West because they explored at the asking of Thomas Jefferson. I'm talking about best buds, Lewis and Clark.
Speaker 2: All right, we're historians all that time. Play an Oregon trail paid.
Speaker 1: Up probably gets answers right on this more than anybody else, Like you get the most correct shot collar questions out of anybody because of that. Jake is going to take the shock today while singing the Fresh Prince of bel Air theme song.
Speaker 4: In West Philadelphia, born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days, chilling out Max and relaxing all cool and shooting all b ball outside the.
Speaker 1: School tel that my hair. Yeah, that's your shot collar question of the day. Got your phone tap coming up in just a few minutes.