Speaker 1: We got to talk about Amazon. There are makeup brands. Makeup Forever is a brand. They have these little squares of makeup that you stack together and it's a whole. It's all your contour and concealer. It's really goodferent makeup artists like those little squares of every shade of foundation and concealer and contour and then.
Speaker 2: Every shade of blush.
Speaker 1: By the way, everything does everything, which is why that same palette you could conceal it under your eyes and foundation. It's like such a scam. Everything being marketed as everything else is such a fucking scam.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 1: But anyway you can get knockoff of those exact compacts, Like the formula seems the same. I had my makeup artists try it for like eighty nine dollars and the real one is like forty five dollars. It's like full knockoff. Makeup Forever, full knockoff, Like it's a little deeper packaging on the door lipboil, but it's like it's it's might as well be called like fior nipoil, Like it's the same look they've just it's blatant. So it's getting crazy where it's just such blatant copying, Like it's like this is popular, so who's running that at Amazon? Like someone's saying someone's saying, like this shit's selling, So let's do the knockoffs. It's dh gate, except it doesn't say the fake logo on it. I'd almost more admire, Like, let me buy the makeup forever, cheap shit anyway, let me have the right name on it. We're cheating, anyway, Let's cheat all the way. If you're gonna fucking cheat, let's just cheat. Let's just do it. So it's crazy and it's funny because in every other world, knockoffs are looked, are frowned upon, Like people write up all the time about people that have fake burkins and fake this, and that person's wearing a fake but fake tits fake whatever. No one cares if you it's fake makeup, like fake up, that's a good name, fake up. No one cares. It's insane. It's no one cares that. Every everybody's knocking off everything. But like you're putting the makeup on your face, in your skin, it's counterfeit makeup.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Do you know how influenced you're being? Do you know that every time myself. Who's a marketing expert, who knows the insides and outside of this beauty business, who understands it. Who I know who's getting paid. I know what they're getting paid. I know they're wearing filters. I know what the deal looked like. I know it all right. Even with that, when they say something, I believe it way more than TV commercials.
Speaker 2: I know all this.
Speaker 1: I'm doing this, I get it. I've dug deep. I'm watching TikTok for half an hour. I'm by it now. Three things Apple pay not even a question because I'm so it's such a strong force. Think about how our kids have a fucking chance.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: How insane, Like you're watching a commercial on TV. You know it's a commercial, and you don't really totally buy it, Like you might think it's entertaining, but you're not definitely buying the thing because of it, because they're not playing into your heartstrings. They're not like in your house with a garlic wafting and you can smell it and like you're like I need that pasta right now, or like the makeup. They're so close to you, they're snatching their face, they're getting the glow. They look so much younger, they look amazing. You want to look like that, buy it now.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I almost bought a fold up treadmill today, a fold up treadmill. How much of a piece of shit is that they're going to be for forty dollars Like, it's probably not even doesn't exist. You're gonna pay it cause you're in. You should not buy things on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 2: You know that, right.
Speaker 1: I've had my own content stolen on Instagram and TikTok. I have watched my own video or I was talking about something, and I've watched them a tribute that same video of me in a cream sweater to another brand and direct people to buy that other sweater. Someone else said something about something, they take it out of context and they'll sell an entirely new product that you've never seen in your life. It's happened to me most couple of times, and it's happened to other people. Alex are all reached out to me about it. It is so fucking rampant and so like. I still buy the shit, and I already know what are our tweens doing. My daughter thinks she needs. It doesn't matter what it is. If it's Charlotte Tilbury and it's literally black and purple blush, she wants it because it's in the Charlotte Tilbury pack because someone told.
Speaker 2: Her it was the lead.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's the same shit as the other packaging, and whatever's going on at the drug store is the same. It's same, it's all made in the same place. It's the same thing that like five people can make the same robe or cashmere sweater and put a different label on it and you'll pay more. Like, let's pretend you're Jessica Simpson, or you're Jennifer Lopez or your Beyonce or anybody their name is on something. You think that they had something to do with that product. You really think they did, no matter what, because their name is on it and it's a good brand, it must be good. You know what it means. They did a licensing deal. Their agent, their manager, their lawyer did a deal with some company that makes garments. They make garments for a bunch of different people. They make the same garments for multiple people, or maybe it's in a different color, or maybe it has different buttons. They make garments.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: They're not Jennifer Lopez. She's not breathing her fairy dust into it. They make mass garments fast, and then they have another room where they have all the labels, and one says Bethany, and one says Jessica, and one says Mickey Mouse and Marilyn Monroe, and the list goes on and on. And there are companies that buy these dying brands, or buy brands because they just want to use the intellectual property, like Muhammad Ali or Marilyn Monroe. And those are licensing companies, and they go because they want to buy just the right to use the name to make a one black and white little label that sits in a little label room next to a sewing machine, and it gets sewn onto garments that you then buy because for some reason you think it has something to do with Marilyn Monroe or j Lo or Beyonce or Justin Bieber or Bethany Frankel or anyone. So makeup is no fucking different. There are makeup factories. They don't care if it's Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck or Taylor Swift. It's a makeup factory. They've got colors, they've got creams, they've got pigments, they've got powders, they've got machines, they've got glass. You can have some input into what glass you want. But often you'll see the same packaging used for different brands because they're made in the same place. I'll give you an example. Kim for skkn she has a little round it looks almost like that EO slip bomb around under I cream and another brand, I think it's called like Lavana or Lavaya or something. Just sent me Day and Night creams they're in that little thing is in different colors, but it's the same mold. If you go in to make a new beauty brand, they're not going to manufacture a new mold for you. That's very expensive. Unless you're like Madonna doing a new makeup brand or Gaga or something. You could have a new packaging. Selena did that great, but most of it is stock molds. Same thing with furniture. You can go online, you could go to article, you could go to All Modern, and you could go to Home Depot and you could see the exact same teak wood couch, all within twenty to thirty dollars within with all more than twenty to thirty dollars of each other, but then if one seems way cheaper, they fuck you on the shipping, so it's gonna end up getting to you cheap. It's the same couch, three different companies, just marketing that it's theirs.
Speaker 2: So just know the shit.
Speaker 1: So when my daughter's obsessed with the Charlotte Tilbury stuff and I get it, like I want it too because I'm being influenced, also, I get it. Just they have to know. And it's hard to explain to her that they have to know because their friends want the thing. The thing it's not.
Speaker 2: Is it Nike?
Speaker 1: If that swish had like a little chip off of it, they don't want it. It's not Nike, But it's just what is it? It's one little piece of leather less of a Nike swish, like it's a brand. Branding is powerful. Labels are powerful, Logos are powerful. You have to like really really think about it. And yes, there are different products and some things are good and some things are bad. But ninety percent of the shit I see in this makeup and skincare and beauty industry is complete bullshit. If you want to see what a what a housewife looks like without makeup on. Take a skincare and get the little get the little under I cream, little actual product pod out of its packaging. It's like a tiny, little pill container. It's tiny. They'll charge three hundred dollars for an I cream because it's in this big bulky glass or interesting packaging that like stacks, and it feels good and it makes you feel good, and then you take out that little shitty like an heavy on cap full of cream and you feel like a loser, like you you just it just looks like you saw somebody without makeup on, and you're like, wow, this is what you fucking look like. It is such We are so scammed. And you can buy something because you like the name or you like the packaging just the same way that you You know, you could use a brown paper bag to hold your stuff, or you could use an Arames bag. They're both gonna carry your stuff. You may like the feeling or the status or the thing that Arimez makes you feel. You know what I like about Arames. It's an investment. It's an investment.
Speaker 2: You buy that.
Speaker 1: Bag, you put it in the closet, Maybe you lose a little money on it. It's not going to be like a car you drove off the lot and it plummeted. It's going to hold its value for the most part. That's smart. Some Chanel bags, classic Chanel bags, same story. You buy it, you use it. It's real estate. It's an alternative asset. So you'd sooner see me using a paper bag with my shit in it, or an air Mez bag, then some middle of the road price bag. It's going to crash in value. So I've made a decision, a financial business decision, and I make a decision now to buy a lot of shit that I don't need so I can try it and tell you that it's bullshit, or because I just like the way it looks, or because I got influenced, and I can tell you that I got influence, and I'm a fucking schmuck. But I'm just telling you, this influencing thing is fucking real, and it's why I came in so hot and on fire, because I can afford to buy Airmez and I can afford to buy shit at the Dollar Tree, and much of it is the same from a beauty standpoint, So just know and start drilling it into your kids too. Someone the other day said to me, they couldn't believe that. My daughter said that her shoes were from TJ. Max and I couldn't believe why she couldn't believe it. What do you think, I'm just like looking to burn money on fire? Like what do you mean? And if I spend ten thousand dollars on an air mez bag, does that make me insane? No, because you know what, it's an asset. It's literally an asset needs to be ensured. It is part of your net worth. It is an asset like buying a stock for ten thousand dollars. So like that's that's all about business, that's not about me being stupid.