Speaker 1: And I'm recording yay, I have a little post nasal drip audience, so I apologize. Oh no, I've had it for a few days. It sounds a little like this MHM. And I just wanted to be honest with the audience that they might hear a bit of that.
Speaker 2: What's going on with you, bro?
Speaker 1: I don't want Daniel to cut it out because I want them to know that it's happening.
Speaker 2: Was you out and about? Were you around the people's.
Speaker 1: I know I've been at the beach mostly in nature, but I just I just got this, you know. I'm just so happy it wasn't COVID because I'm still in the phase where I'm so I'm still instantly think I have COVID and I took a test. I don't have it. I just have a I have a little bit of a sore throat and I have this. Could it be from the water, No, it's just Loogie's man. It's just a natural human culture.
Speaker 2: The beach really considered nature.
Speaker 3: Though, absolutely, when is the Why is the beach not nature?
Speaker 1: You're not a I think it.
Speaker 2: Would have to be forest to be nature.
Speaker 1: You're not a big beach fan yourself.
Speaker 2: I know that the beach.
Speaker 1: You don't like sand. You don't like sand?
Speaker 2: Sand?
Speaker 3: Is it because it's coarse and it gets everywhere you like to fish?
Speaker 2: Well, that's one thing. It is course, and it gets everywhere.
Speaker 1: You don't like to lie out, I don't.
Speaker 2: It's not that. It's not just the sand, it's the water.
Speaker 4: Also, I hate I like beaches where I can see in the water. I don't like beaches where and I grew up on the East Coast and the water's cold and you can't see into that motherfucker. And that Jaws movie when I was a kid did a number on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my babysitter.
Speaker 4: My dad gave the babysitter money and said take them to the movies. Yeah, and she took me to see Jaws. And that is really And there are still shark attacks. They still make movies that are real about shark attacks, and you know, like people getting there, you know, getting bit and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So is that your Is that your reason for for not liking the beach is that you're worried you're gonna get eaten by a shark. Not eating but bit, yeah, sure, eating bit, same thing. I don't think you're gonna get that scares me.
Speaker 4: Also, like the water is real weird and nasty now todays. And you know, I heard about this thing that swims into water and travels up the urethra. That's got to be in a certain body of water at a certain point on the planet.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's happening.
Speaker 4: Point isn't all the water. Isn't all the water starting to shift? And you know that shit freaks me out.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't really know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: You don't know about the parasite that goes through your urethra and kills you.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't heard about it. It's a little too much TikTok oh. Oh, it's on a TikTok thing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have I know about this ship because I know about this ship.
Speaker 1: No, you probably know about it from Instagram reels.
Speaker 2: Then, no, I don't know about it from Instagram reels.
Speaker 4: I've known about this ship for a real, real long time, and all of a sudden test my knowledge.
Speaker 1: On the other side of things, I would like to say that I've been really I've been loving the ocean this summer. I've always had a different fear.
Speaker 2: Of the attack well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put You know what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna put like a little I'm gonna put a band aid over my tip. Do you think that'll prevent him from going in?
Speaker 2: You gotta make it to it perfect.
Speaker 1: There's so many around. He's gonna be like that one's blocked. I'm gonna try this one next door. That's what you should do, is just tape your ship closed. I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: I need some horror movies.
Speaker 1: I need, I need. I need tape that will withstand the ocean. Maybe some duct tape.
Speaker 2: But that.
Speaker 4: But that's the crazy port that always got to me was Hakama just goes through the urethra Hakim.
Speaker 2: It doesn't go through like the ears. There's so many.
Speaker 1: Other everyone everyone has. Listen, if you ever watch these shows where people are house hunting, everyone has a different vibe that they like. And this creature likes the vibe the bigger. That's good, right to each their own. I might like modern farmhouse. That thing likes ureath throw.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, my thing wasn't sharks as it was waves. I had an incident when I was a kid, and I'm almost drowned, and I, at least in my mind, maybe I don't know if I really would have drowned. So my whole life, I've had a fear of waves, and this summer I've really taken it on in smaller waves. You know, I'm out in Malibu. I found a beach where the waves aren't huge. I'm trying things like taking some surf lessons. I've been. Yeah, it's really been. Truly. It's gonna sound stupid to a lot of people, but I have been tackling a fear in waves because ever since childhood I had I got rocked once and then I came up and I got rocked again, and there was ripped hide and I just remember thinking, like I remember looking at the lifeguard and he was like hundred yards away. I mean, the fact that there even was one was amazing, right, But I had that thought that I'm sure other people listening have had, were like, holy shit, is this it? Like I got a fight and I fought and I got out, but it scarred me definitely. And I've been trying that this this many years later, to tiptoe back.
Speaker 2: And get out. Did you swim on your back?
Speaker 1: How did I think I just struggled and foughted and and uh and there was a break in the set of waves because they just kept every time I'd come back up, they they were rocking down back on me. And I think I got I got that set of waves finished and I was able to catch my breath.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's real, man. I mean, you know, good for you for getting back out there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah. And it's and also surfing, I've I've always you know, when I think of surfing, my brother surfed it my whole life, and lots of people that love it and swear by. I always think of these big waves that we see on TV. Not not the extreme, not the extreme one hundred for waves like in the show, but like you know, big waves that we see pros surfing.
Speaker 2: Like can point break you think Point Break.
Speaker 1: Or just anything you've seen photographed, you know, a six foot ten foot tall wave whatever. It never occurred to me that, Oh there's just like skiing, there's also a bunny slope, like you can go on a tiny wave with a pro And so that's what I've been doing out in out of Malibu is like you know, you're on like a two three foot wave and the teachers because you know, launching you into it, you know, pushing you because part of the hard part is catching it. And then he goes like, he goes okay, he goes like up, and then that's for your cue to jump up. And then when you catch it and you get the balance and you ride it in, even if it's small, it's fun as hell. So I'm really I'm really stoked because it's been a it's definitely been a fear of mine for most of my life, and this summer I've been taking it on. Good for you, Zach, that's really awesome.
Speaker 2: Good for you, which is soundtrack right now? What do you mean a Malibu?
Speaker 1: I've been listening to a lot of you know, I like this new Boy Genius Phoebe Bridger's band gens Rips. Yeah. I like that. Their merch is great too, Is there merch good? It's very good.
Speaker 2: We got merch.
Speaker 1: We really phoned in our merch after the after the initial excitement of having a podcast, we were told like, oh, podcast listeners love merch, so we got really into it and then we fell off Donald.
Speaker 4: We totally fell up, Like, when's the last time we put out a onesie or you should like out there out there right now for real, Like that's a real good question. The onesie was a hit and there are very few people that have that onesie out there.
Speaker 1: There were people that wore the onesie to the Live show, that's right.
Speaker 4: There were people that wore the onesie on on on Australian television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Drew Barrymore wore the onesie.
Speaker 4: There was someone who wore a onesie on National TV and her name. She's one of the select few out there. If you have a onesie right now, you're wanted to select you. We have other merch at the store. I'm gonna say this right now. We're not restocking anytime soon.
Speaker 1: If that merch merch, that merch is dusty, we gotta we gotta research merch dusty.
Speaker 2: They keep that shit clean.
Speaker 1: They got I'm literally dusty. I'm saying it's old Like we need to come up with some new ship. But you're not gonna do it, and I'm not gonna do it, So it's not gonna get done.
Speaker 3: I dare somebody, Joe, Well, we need to hire like a in our next incarnation of the podcast.
Speaker 1: In chapter two, Got It, which is starting soon. We need to hire like someone who's like really into like graphic design and can make cool merch because Donald and I don't want to give it the thought. Our dream is that someone comes to us who's like a graphic designer, is like and loves the show, and it's like, look at this cool shirt I made, and we're like, that's awesome. You know, we need to hire that makes Can I make one pitch? Of course, don it's your show. It's fifty per cent you show. You can make fifty percent of a picture.
Speaker 4: Can somebody draw a shirt where we are Star Wars theme but it's not necessarily don't have to look like the Star Wars characters and not the Scrubs characters. But you know how they do it A pictures where it's like there's the big head, the little head, the guys off in the corner, the spaceship flying, you know.
Speaker 2: On the horse.
Speaker 1: Star Wars motif, a Star Wars motif.
Speaker 4: I don't want us to be dressed like I don't want to be fucking Han solo.
Speaker 1: The mid of the classic Star Wars poster, but the four of us, right, and maybe Bill on the background trying to break.
Speaker 2: In the largest figure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bill's and faded into the back, just his head, just like Bill could be in the back like like like the Emperor.
Speaker 4: Everybody kind on the show, you know what I mean? We could we could have Sam on it, everybody.
Speaker 1: This is the kind of thing, Joelle that if we had a staff graphic designer, they would be like, they'd have a draft of it by the afternoon.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, say no more.
Speaker 5: I will for a solid graphic designer because that sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also someone who loves the show, because it would be fun to be, like, it would be fun to just come up with funny ideas and have the person pitch things based on the show. You know what I mean? You know what I'm saying. You know I mean, you know what I'm saying. My house got flooded with poop? Is that instag Yeah, that's the pipe that claused all my troubles. Oh exactly, any of you who follow me on Instagram, I I I took pictures of the very pipe that ruined my my precious living space.
Speaker 5: That sounds horrendous. How long is that?
Speaker 1: Like it's two day too? Well, this is a debacle. Oh no, my neighbor's poop came over to visit. Let me tell you what happened. Let me tell you happywhere. You know when you know when your neighbor knocks on your door, it's like, hey, do you ever want to get a drink and hang out?
Speaker 3: That's what That's what my neighbors poop did.
Speaker 1: It didn't knock anyway. So, to make a very long story short, I had to rip out all my floors of the lower the lower floor of my house. And because it's pooh in.
Speaker 2: It, Oh man, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: It never to be. I know it sounds unrealistic, but it never smelt like poop. It smelled like a musty basement. But it was definitively poop water. Like there weren't there weren't like logs rolling around, but there were. It was poop water. Yeah I knew. I mean it was the seward line silver silver linings. I guess what's the silver lane.
Speaker 3: And it didn't smell completely like ship.
Speaker 1: There was toilet paper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it's gross because I had these I had these really nice I had these really nice wood floors, right, and you know how like when you get nice wood floors, there's all like it's not just flat like fake. It's like all the nooks and crannies of the real oak Well, in all those nooks and cranny was was was TP.
Speaker 4: Jesus, No, No, this is one of those things that like tries here, I'm gonna die.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lose it. I don't wish this on anyone. It's horrible. All I can say is that make sure your house has something. If you're a homeowner, Oh god, I'm getting chills. Let me give the audience some free advice because I'm I'm I'm gonna give you all some advice. I never knew that you needed to have. But if you're a homeowner, make sure that your sewer line has what's called a check valve on it. The check valve allows for poop to leave the home, but not to come back in. You know when the bouncers throw a drunk eye out of a bar. Yes, that's what a check valve is. They are the check valve.
Speaker 3: It lets the drunk guy and the poop out. But when he tries to come back in. No, no, no, no, no, it goes, it goes. No no no, don't try me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember you, I remember you, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, walk away, walk away, poop away.
Speaker 2: It sends reinforcements to the house.
Speaker 1: Did not have a poop bouncer. Now listen, everyone, we have quite a show today. We continue our amazing new Strike show, which is having very fascinating, interesting people on that we think are really cool and shooting the ship with them and asking them questions. All right, everybody, all right, everybody, all right, everybody what I.
Speaker 2: Was talking about? You got it back?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's back?
Speaker 6: Who tang forever? Who tang forever?
Speaker 1: It's back? Baby. I was sitting here when you were having technical troubles playing with everything.
Speaker 2: Eat these balls, Zach, Eat these balls, Zach.
Speaker 4: Whether it be taking a poop, whether it be a fad, whether it be a tongue, whether you know, everybody likes a little.
Speaker 6: Ass like.
Speaker 1: Preston clearly Preston clearly. It doesn't listen to the show because he's cracking up. All right, uh, Donald, count of sid We have a very special guest today.
Speaker 7: That show we made about a bunch of docs and nurses said.
Speaker 5: He's the stories.
Speaker 6: So YadA.
Speaker 1: Yea, ladies and gentlemen, one of my best friends in the whole world, without a doubt. The kindest person I'm friends with. I know that. Sorry, Donald, but you're just not this kind. Uh. He's a lovely man. He's incredibly talented. He is currently playing Javert in the tour of Lamy's Rob Mister Preston Boyd, Are you welcome?
Speaker 5: What an intro? Thank you happy to be here.
Speaker 1: We have to share a mic, and I can tell that you've had a drink or two today already.
Speaker 8: Well, you know I have a show off tonight, so you know your congratulations.
Speaker 1: One thing we know is that when you have a day off from doing an eighth show schedule, you might throw a throw throw one back at noon?
Speaker 8: Absolutely is it noon?
Speaker 2: A it's way past noon.
Speaker 1: It's five o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 2: Would you drink?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the program, Preston.
Speaker 2: I want to know what he had, what kind of stuff?
Speaker 8: He wants to know what you had to drinks? And then I had a cold plunge. I'm still freezing.
Speaker 2: Right now, Mimosa, you got all bougie with it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Preston, I have. I have turned Preston onto the cold plunge life here at my house, and he's loving it. We don't I don't have a song yet, but I have just the plunge and we both have been really truly feeling amazing, doing it right, amazing.
Speaker 5: But I have to confess I broke a rule today.
Speaker 1: Oh so I want to just tell the audience this. I need to give a little backs for about the rules, bro I have to quickly tell the audience because they'll love this. I've been out staying out at the beach and John C McGinley lives out there and I've been, uh he is forever for years.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, this cold plunge s on of thing is a trend and a lot of people are doing it. John C's been doing it for decades and swearing by it, and so now that I'm into it, I've been going to his house. People Scrubs fan with love this. It's literally Johnny C like doctor Cox yelling at me JD to fucking do it right and go slower and not get out what the fuck are you doing? And it's it would be amazing content for the audience because it's like real life doctor Cox and JD and Johnny is so funny and he has all these rules. Bill Lawrence and I have been teasing him because he's he's he's kind of kidding, but he's not kidding, and he is all these rules about using this cold plunge, and they're they're extensive, and one of them is that if you come to use his cold Plunge, you must first greet him. You can't just go. You can't just use the you can't just put in the gate, you can't just go to the gate code and like just go in the cold plunge. You got to come say hi right now. I've been He's got like thirty rules that are hilarious, but I've been teasing him about that. And then Preston did it. He fucking came over my house and just plunged. And I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. There are fucking rules, and I have my friend. I told Johnny. Johnny was dying laughing. I go, Johnny, now I understand it. This motherfucker came over and just plunged. He didn't come say hi.
Speaker 8: I'm Norwegian. I like I've jumped into frozen legs. We cut it with a chainsaw. So I felt like I was.
Speaker 1: I felt welcome, and in my elements, no, no, you come say hi. I don't care if you're in Norwegian.
Speaker 8: So the rule I broke today, go ahead, didn't bring my own towel.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's another Johnny, A very big Johnny Sea rule is I am not a fluff and fold. Bring your own towel. Now, it doesn't matter if you forget your towel. He's not like I got you this time. You don't have a towel.
Speaker 2: So you got to make the lesson.
Speaker 8: Stand stand there in the breeze and you freeze your ass off.
Speaker 2: Eat these bulls.
Speaker 1: Yes, I adopted Zach. My friends in my neighborhood are starting to enjoy my plunge. So I had this Johnny. I had to text Johnny and be like, I get it, bro I'm not a laundromat. Bring your own towel.
Speaker 5: I was gonna gift.
Speaker 1: So what did you do? How are you dry?
Speaker 5: Son? The son? The sun's amazing, very hot. It's great. Yes, the sun is great.
Speaker 2: The problem I should have burned you though, that's right. I know you are a bit red Preston. I'm not gonna keep it one under with you.
Speaker 5: This is me enjoying California. We have to go out and play golf.
Speaker 4: By the way, speaking I've been played in like over a year.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to set up a mandate between you two because you both have a love of two things that pair very nicely.
Speaker 2: Together, marijuana and golf.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I don't know why I can't get you guys to go on a mandate.
Speaker 2: I just haven't played golf. And listen, he can play, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really good. What's your hand He plays with Troy Mullins.
Speaker 2: She's a freaking long drive champion.
Speaker 1: Dude, what's your handicap? I'm not going to know what this means.
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 1: Right, he's a six Is that good?
Speaker 5: It's okay.
Speaker 2: I've been bettery decent, I've been scratched, but he's a six on. He's a six on like real golf courses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a six on like Encino, Balboa, Griffith.
Speaker 2: I'm a sixth. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I once shot a seventy eight, seventy eight at freaking Calabassas, and it was the best day of my life. I still haven't scorecard in my fucking back pocket, you know what I mean. There was a point where I was playing so much that if I didn't shoot in the seventies. I was pissed off unless I went to unless I went to like some extremely hard course. When I hit When I shot a seventy nine at Run you Sorry at Rustic Canyon, That's when I was like, yo, I am playing way too much fucking golf and you're.
Speaker 5: Obsessed at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he lost it. He's not interested anymore. He's got other interests.
Speaker 2: I'm not interested now. I don't.
Speaker 4: I want to play and not have expectations, you know what I mean, that's the best way to play way better.
Speaker 1: I can't convince you to go on a mandate with Preston.
Speaker 2: No, I totally want to go while he's in California. We're going to do that. Man.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something else, Dane. And you know this because you set it up. Another rule a Johnny's house is when you're done plunging and sonning, you must come and find him in the golf shed to say goodbye and give you and give your respects. Now, this gentleman is playing three hours a day minimum on his simulator that Dan will help set up in that golf shed. Sounds about right, And he told me that it is definitely improving his actual, real life game.
Speaker 2: Yes, love that and love to keep the one hundred with you.
Speaker 4: If you're hitting the ball three hours a day, every day and you're not getting better, there's something wrong with you.
Speaker 7: Not that.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know if it translated to the actual course, and he said absolutely.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, man, you hit Listen, your swing is your swing, and once you can tell what your swing is doing, you're able.
Speaker 2: To play anywhere.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of people get hung up on I want my shit to go left or I want my shit to go right.
Speaker 2: If you can navigate a.
Speaker 4: Course with what your ball does when you swing, you're ahead of the game.
Speaker 2: Man, You're you're competing.
Speaker 4: It's it's the biggest freaking mind fucked and nobody can understand it unless they play.
Speaker 5: You know what cliche? I have a kid, You have kids. I don't. I'm not able to play like I used to.
Speaker 1: Why can't you bring the kid in a in a in.
Speaker 5: A She'll get hit by a fucking golf ball.
Speaker 1: Really I will.
Speaker 5: I'll never be able to live with myself.
Speaker 1: Why can't you know what?
Speaker 5: Someone should build a little bull.
Speaker 1: Someone should invent a stroller that has like a cage on it so you know what I'm saying. Someone should invent a golf stroller. And if the ball it's got like you know, the cage that's on the thing that picks up the balls at the driving it should God the best.
Speaker 4: Day ever for every dad, every dad, that'd be the best day ever.
Speaker 3: This is my this is your real reason for not bringing your baby.
Speaker 1: That you're word you're gonna get hit.
Speaker 5: Oh, not necessarily spoopy dive.
Speaker 4: There's all kinds of that's a distraction. You can't be distracted. You have to be one hundred dialed in.
Speaker 5: I mean, how many times are we hearing for when you play around the golf?
Speaker 2: I hear it at least once once or twice.
Speaker 1: Now for when you yell if your if your ball is just going crazy. Yeah, I'd be yelling for all the time. Does it hurt if you get hit in the head of the.
Speaker 5: Up the hill?
Speaker 2: You got able to go all yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Me too. I got hitting the rib cage.
Speaker 5: It was off a skip. It hit the ground and then jumped up and it's like forest.
Speaker 2: This shitting curved right into me left too.
Speaker 4: Just motherfucker hit that ship off the tee and it curved right like hooked right into me.
Speaker 1: Man, did you run now, man?
Speaker 4: Because I was this was my first time shooting in the seventies, dude, in front.
Speaker 2: Of my brother.
Speaker 5: You were folks.
Speaker 2: My brother and my brother checked us out.
Speaker 4: Me and my brother were playing around and for the first time ever in front of him, I'm about to shoot like a seventy five or seventy four, which is fucking big, big time, right, And we're sitting in the golf cart and it's the last shot to the green.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty close.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know, maybe one hundred and twenty yards out, so it's a I'm a gap wedge out right, and I'm like, I'm about to fucking destroy it.
Speaker 1: That's my nickname, and you edge.
Speaker 2: I'm about to fucking destroy this shit, right, And.
Speaker 4: I hear as I'm getting out the cart, So I jumped back into the cart. My brother looks up and goes, oh shit and grabs me like in an embrace to block me, to help me, and that shit fucking millennium falcons through a tree, through trees and everything and catches me right in the rib cage bomb.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I scream like you know, I screamed.
Speaker 4: It's real loud, right, and I'm like, oh shit, I lift up my shirt and it's like a paintball. Well, you know, you have to get shot with a paintball, and that shit fucking you had purple and fucking all that shit.
Speaker 2: And I look at the guy on.
Speaker 4: The te He's like, oh my god, are you fucking all right?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm good, I'm good. I'm about to shoot this seventy five.
Speaker 4: Rusted them up, and I fucking cracked the ball onto the green and I shoot a seventy four because I got the birdie at the end.
Speaker 6: What I'm talking about, I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. All right, Well, Preston, we wanted to have you on because you are starring as Javert and Layman's Rob and it is so good. They're in La now, but if you're head where Vegas.
Speaker 8: Vegas next, then we're back in the area in Costa Mesa.
Speaker 5: So if you miss us here, take a longer drive.
Speaker 1: I thought we could have.
Speaker 2: You a little about where are you at in Vegas?
Speaker 1: The I don't know, but not at the casino street.
Speaker 5: They go to a real like a big Theater on Fulton Street.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Oh you're in downtown Banks, Old School Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is it. Reynolds Hall, Reynolds Hall at the Smith Center.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Smith Center. That's it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: There you go see it. I went to see it, My mom went to see it. Bill went to see it. We just had the most amazing time. You're so incredible, And I thought we could talk a little bit because we like to have people on that do things and explain things that you know, most of our audience obviously isn't an entertained we could thought we could talk about what it's like to be on a tour of a show, like, tell us a little about just start with For those who don't know, I'll state the obvious. It's a Broadway show that goes on the road and goes to cities all around the country or the world. But Preston is currently on the North American tour. So tell us about like what it's like you you tell us about the tour itself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, it's there are obviously different markets in different cities that we play, so we have you know, I mean, the show is booked for three years right now and We obviously play different cities, larger markets all over the country, and oftentimes we sit down for a long time.
Speaker 5: Sometimes we sit down for a week. Luckily we're in LA for six weeks.
Speaker 3: And what determines that the size of the city, how much the tickets typically sell for a show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, yeah, they I mean, all of the way they run the market. It's it's incredible the way they can predict all of us and having all these hit shoes has come through and they can say lems will sell seventy eight percent. Here, if we do a week, we do two weeks, it'll sell sixty two. So so we you know, it's it's it's great because we get to see all kinds of different cities and different you know, markets, and blue collar people, white collar people come into the show. And still it's such a poignant story that I think, you know right now, it's it's.
Speaker 1: What if I don't have a collar? Am I allowed.
Speaker 2: A welcome?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: Now talk about it. Just get down the nuts and bolts. How many there's a big show, it's a big cast, is a big orchestra? How does this thing move? How long does it take to set up in the theater? Talk us through the logistics of the actual tour.
Speaker 8: So there are about ninety two company members and that's orchestra, crew, cast and management. And then we packed the show up into thirteen semi trucks, so it takes about a day and a half for the show to come down. On a Sunday night, they packed the show up overnight, drive it to the next city, and our crew is up all night long and they get us ready for a sound check on a Tuesday in a new city and often incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's amazing, I mean they they.
Speaker 1: So you could go slow. So you do a Sunday matinee, yeah, and an evening often and an evening Sunday, and the crew does a night shift where they take it all apart and pack it into the trucks. How long does that take?
Speaker 8: About fourteen to sixteen hours, depending on the space, because every theater is different, some are small, some are big. We have room to you know, negotiate things differently.
Speaker 1: Then they travel, assuming assuming Monday night, and then they spend all day Tuesday setting it up and you're ready to do a sound check Tuesday, and then you do a Tuesday show that is unfunny that's crazy.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Hold on, the theaters are are different and stuff like that. Yeah, there's not one theater is the same. How does that work out? Yeah, I mean I know that, I know that. It's still well, you're on a stage. You're never in the round, right, but right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, every space.
Speaker 8: So our our proscenium is the exact same every theater we go to, But it's the backstage that has to be so incredibly choreographed to so people literally don't get hurt and and we're able to make the show run as seems seamlessly as it does because it's i mean, the design is incredible and the way things just seamlessly move on and off stage is incredible. So, like the Kennedy Center we played in DC is a huge, huge space backstage, so it's it's for our crew, it's a dream because they don't have to finagle and negotiate all that stuff. But like we played the Fifth Avenue in Seattle, which is like a Broadway house. Most Broadway theaters are incredibly small and type backstage, and you know, things are flown above you, so you're making an entrance on stage and you have a like a one ton set piece hanging.
Speaker 5: Over your head.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, like a lift.
Speaker 1: I remember doing Bullets of Our Broadway and they had this lift, uh not like like like a mini forklift that they with a bucket they would use to change the lights. But yeah, and they So what happened is there's no room in the wings backstage, so they would put chain hooks to these things and then what they call fly, which is moving it up to the sky. And you, if you're backstage, you're just doing your thing, you look up and just above your head is something that would crush you and kill you in a millisecond. And I went backstages Unti lay Minuz after to see Preston and all of these beautiful set pieces that are huge and heavy and a bit in the show are just dangling above your head in the wings because there's nowhere to put them. So they the crew moves them off and then and then pulls them up to the above your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy, it's all that'd be so distracting, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, that's the thing about doing what we do, you know, there's so many factors, you know, it's it's Uh, the orchestra.
Speaker 5: The sound is different every night.
Speaker 8: If there are less bodies in the building, you know, there is less reverbs.
Speaker 5: So you know, it's just every factor plays in.
Speaker 1: Now, explain the orchestra piece, because you told me that for the most part, the orchestra travels with you. But certain cities have unique union rules where their union players have to play the show. So all of a sudden, LA, for example, they have a whole new orchestra because the LA Union orchestra said, we're playing the show, not others.
Speaker 8: So you're talking about Rule twenty four, which the Musicians Union, which you know encompasses all of Broadway and all of the touring musicians. There are certain cities that have a higher market of musicians, like there are so many players in LA, so there's a rule that protects a place where there's you know, a higher concentration of musicians, and they they then become our local orchestra.
Speaker 1: So wait, what's crazy is what's crazy to me is that you well you you told me that you are playing with your regular touring orchestra. Then then someone is rehearsing the LA orchestra because they have the special union rule. And then you do show up and that show. It's like bang new orchestra. You don't even know their names.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's amazing and and like the old orchestra like you in Portland there, Yeah they do. Literally, we'll be in Portland in a you know a couple of months. But yeah, it's it's uh, you know, they they're they do what do those guys do? They're on hikes and they're you.
Speaker 1: Know, they're wait, they're in town, but they can't work.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 8: Some some of them came to town just because they're like, you're in l A, I'll hang out in LA.
Speaker 5: I've got nothing to do.
Speaker 8: A lot of them, you know, people give up their homes too when they go on tour. So a lot of people that are on the road or you know, they're like, this is what I've got. I don't know where I'm going next, you know, with just the way things are now.
Speaker 5: Too, especially with the strike.
Speaker 8: You know, there's some people in the cast that do more film and TV usually that are you know, based in Chicago or here, that are like, I think I might move to you know, New York. Everyone's agent is like getting bombarded with people wanting to do theater, right now, which is I.
Speaker 1: Would like to play? Give all right, when we come back, say a quick break, We're gonna ask Preston about doing the actual show. He does eight shows a week and sings a very very hard part, so we want to know all about his process. As the Thespians say, we'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 6: Whang who tang forever?
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back to the show. Preston Boyd, you handsome devil. So many things.
Speaker 3: He's tall. This guy can do so many things. He's good at golf, grated archery.
Speaker 1: I put in a we had an archery Yeah, we had an archery target and at in my backyard and Preston, I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to play Robin Hood. I would.
Speaker 1: This dude was so good. He was like trying to make it harder for himself. He's like hiding behind ship.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, I went to camp. That would have been so much fun. We could have played fucking that ship. I went to camp, right, and archery was my ship.
Speaker 5: Did you do the apple thing with me?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna do the thing.
Speaker 5: I don't do the apple thing.
Speaker 4: Do you have a composite boat or do you have like one of the bullshit bows kind of.
Speaker 1: Have a we have a very basic bow, but Preston doesn't care. He like he does some fucking robinhood ship. He was getting so bored with hitting bullseyes that he was like, let me try if I jump off here and shoot running love it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was like up on the deck, standing on the deck, like firing at it, like lego chat.
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, do me a favor, A favor I want to hit a move and target run with that thing.
Speaker 1: He's an doorsman. He's an outdoorsman. He's good at fishing. He can tap.
Speaker 4: One of the first time but I've never met him, well not the first time, but one of the first time we ever really hung out.
Speaker 2: He was planning a camping trip.
Speaker 1: While he loves the camp, loves loves a good camp, Harry camp.
Speaker 5: He can cook one of cast iron doll That's my favorite.
Speaker 8: You know what, I as I've gotten older, I really enjoy car camping because you can literally bring a kitchen in your trunk and you can and I love the like open fire cooking things fun.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: One of the best thing is taking a squash and a.
Speaker 8: Cork screw and just screwing a bunch of holes in a squash, putting it in the ashes, and you crack that shit open, open it up.
Speaker 5: Oh it's smoky, it's good. I'm gonna come for you all.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna do that, but listen, I look forward to going. Preston is the perfect person to go camping with because he knows all the ship. When you're like, how does this tent go together, He's like, is that the R two four nine? Er a second?
Speaker 5: That corner out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. That's what I need, you know, that's what we all.
Speaker 5: It's what we all need.
Speaker 2: But do you know when the.
Speaker 4: Problem is when you start cooking ship them bears be smelling it.
Speaker 1: Come on, well you out of so much fear, dude, everything we mentioned, you're like, no.
Speaker 2: I saw movies as a kid. That was the mistake and I'm trying not to do it with my kid.
Speaker 1: And I made the all these movies. Listen, you do movies.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: Do you know why they make movies, Dano to desensitize you.
Speaker 2: So now now when the aliens come.
Speaker 3: And ship like that, the movies that this is some conspiracy ship. Donald believes that bears and sharks banded together to make films to desensitized human beings.
Speaker 1: Say they become good.
Speaker 4: You see the motherfucker eaten by a bear. Don't use desensitize and you'll take out you know what you do? You take out your phone now and your video and you shoot that ship.
Speaker 2: I said, I just.
Speaker 3: Wanting to record to reflect that every time I bring something up, You're like, no sharks, no bears.
Speaker 5: You have a fear of sharp teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a fear of getting eaten by another animal.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, listen, tell us about doing eight shows.
Speaker 4: He doesn't though, right like Super One eight shows a week.
Speaker 1: Tell us about doing eight shows a week. For those who don't know the show, it's a it's a very hard part. He plays Javert, who's the cop who's chasing Jean Valjean. What is that like? Do you have to as a singer who's singing such a big part, Do you have to do anything special for your voice?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Excuse me, yes, I've trained so long and to still be taking voice lessons right now. It is so important with a role like this to maintain it and simply it's rest and water and I have a baby now, so the rest is a bit more unpredictable, so I have to kind of take it when I can get it and and like stack up rest for two three days ahead.
Speaker 1: What about vocal warm ups? Do you do? You know you see all these famous singers, they have a whole routine. Do you do that or are you lazy about them?
Speaker 8: No? No, I I was cocky in the beginning with it, like I was like, this is a role I can sing in my sleep, and I could for the first three four months, and then it became much more difficult, and I think not having the rest that I was getting initially made a big difference. So you know, different like lip trilling and straw work, vocal function, which is literally like vocal cord resistance, so it's strength training for your vocal cords.
Speaker 5: This is boring, but.
Speaker 1: The reason we had you on was to tell us something we don't know. We don't want to hear about golf and weed Donald covers that, and we want to know about vocal cord strengthen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so yeah, it's like, you know, you have to think about us being athletes vocally because I also the character I play is you know, I have to really dig deep and get super dramatic with it. So I'm also yelling and screaming a bit, and I lose my mind every evening and spoiler alert, I take my life.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, Yeah, guys, I'm sorry. These are some lame is.
Speaker 2: Spoilers, spoilers, I have a question.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen limb Is by now, we're allowed to spoil it. Yes, One thing I always thought was funny about the always like Javert is the main cop everywhere, like no matter where they go. Yeah, like the story takes place, The story takes place in so many places. Why is Javert the only head cop in the whole fucking show.
Speaker 5: I don't think we need to ask these questions. No, I think I think wherever.
Speaker 1: They go, it's like who's in charge?
Speaker 8: It's the show is perfect, don't question it.
Speaker 5: No, it's I feel like.
Speaker 8: You know, I he you know, he's he's four places at a time.
Speaker 5: Oh, look at the dog.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's my dog. I'm trying to get out of answering this. You didn't write it, It's okay.
Speaker 2: I just want to know about the anger.
Speaker 1: What do you Hugo wrote it?
Speaker 2: So it's you don't have to tell us what you're tapping in.
Speaker 4: You don't have to tell us what you're tapping into or anything like that, but how do you know? What do you how are you building that up? And is it and is it exhausting? I mean, I imagine eight shows a week and having to be angry and sing seems very exhausting to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it's uh, yeah, it's I.
Speaker 8: I do try to mentally go there every night, and and I usually always have someone there that I want to, you know, do my absolute best for and to go to that dark place, and I you know, I try to.
Speaker 5: I'm not going all Daniel day Lewis with.
Speaker 8: It, but like you know, it's it's And then also you know, I'm I'm clocking the orchestra. I'm stepping up onto a bridge. I'm a size twelve and this bridge is like, you know, a size eleven and a half. So I'm trying to like stand up on this thing where I have this rig coming in to connect to me to do this effect for my death and everything. So it's there's a lot of mental capacity that comes into play there. But it's enjoyable because I do love to go there and I love to get. I love to, you know, really like scare people because I kind of scare myself too, and you have to tap into real shit for that obviously.
Speaker 1: But you know, and this is both of his big songs. Just bring the house down. I mean, the audience goes fucking crazy for you, and I'm so proud of you when I when I see it. Yes, Daniel, I have.
Speaker 3: A question for President. That's okay. You were talking about vocal exercises, and I know you said this is ring, but at the same time, it's something that I think is very relevant to not just us on the phone call, but a lot of people that listen to the show.
Speaker 2: Not a phone call, this is this is a zoom.
Speaker 3: Sorry us on the zoom called my apologies, Donald, but for everybody who is on zoom calls frequently, you know, we are communicating more than ever in a way where you know, we need to talk more clearly and more crisply. And so with that, I'm straining my voice more. My fiance is straining her voice more. Do you have any advice for just very simple vocal warm ups that could be good for anybody who is working from home doing voice calls and stuff like that and just you know, to better take care of your vocal courts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 8: I feel like I feel like a lot of times we just are lazy with the way we speak to you.
Speaker 5: I didn't say you most of us.
Speaker 2: You're like, come on, what are you talking? A pillow?
Speaker 1: Hold on, bro, your posture is perfect. Could see how Donald's protesting he's lying on a bed.
Speaker 5: Local health posture.
Speaker 8: No, I feel like, you know, simply humming, like first thing in the morning, because oftentimes you wake up and you you know, you kind of you know, chat out your plans with your partner or whatever, and and you're you're not vocally warmed up, so you're already kind of setting yourself.
Speaker 5: Up for the day. You know. It's a yeah, in a in a poor way.
Speaker 8: So I think humming, even just putting on some music in the morning and singing lightly to it, just to kind of like wake your voice up. Because when you do speak to people specifically, it's, uh, you're you're it's a performative way to to speak to someone. You know, you're you're trying to communicate, and when you're communicating, you maybe putting in a lot of little extra work than you normally just be speaking.
Speaker 1: I would also do little I would do little what do you call them? Things that are the things where you speak fast. When I was a little, tongue twisters, I would do those, Like if I have a big audition, I would always do tongue twisters.
Speaker 9: The lips, the tongue lips, the typic the tongue, the lips, the typically boat toy boat, toy boat, toy boat toy to yo, listen, you know what that's you just said.
Speaker 4: Sounds like so much fun if you do have time, even if you're not musical.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's such a great fucking way to wake up with your family. That's hummed this morning at breakfast and you hum song. When I was a kid, we used to sing a lot as a family. Like my mom, my dad, and my brothers. We all would sing together, not for anyone, but just for each other. Right, So, like my dad would be like, you know you saw vacation where they're in the car and they're singing in the wall. Well, yeah, we would spontaneously do that, you know, wherever we were, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That was the type of family we were.
Speaker 3: Another good warm up song is this one what you're trying to get into one day or show what you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: I'm disagree with you on that.
Speaker 4: I disagree with you on that one because you're straining right there.
Speaker 1: Can you give me notes on this? I'm gonna sing it live in front of a professional Broadway singer. Give me some notes on me singing this ready? I mean maybe mash My and m slips.
Speaker 3: Care what you're trying to get into a day shoon or what you're trying to.
Speaker 1: Do, give any thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: I think you want to open up more on the top, more.
Speaker 1: Like whatt you? You know? Let me bring down the mic, but do that for real?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 8: What you so?
Speaker 1: Let's try what you I can't do it. Just you sing what you're trying to get into a day shoe. Here's a melody one more time. I'm going to give you the melody A day of shune, A day shoe, Yeah, day o shoe hot, dayo shoon. I'm gonna give you the melody one more time so you can sing it in your in your amazing voice.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: What you're trying to get into a day of shoe?
Speaker 1: What you're trying to.
Speaker 3: Do what you're trying to do in and dance a shoe.
Speaker 1: Perfect? I butchered it, but I think, oh my god, you gotta deal over time. What that was? Amazing? Weed? Not even once? Hi, guys, the.
Speaker 2: Words are you can't say it to me?
Speaker 1: I finally have the other stony in my life. No, listen, I'm gonna write the words out for you because we need this sounding.
Speaker 3: What you're trying to get into a day of shoon, what you're what you're to do?
Speaker 5: You don't even trying to do.
Speaker 1: What you're trying to get into a day of shune.
Speaker 5: What you're trying, what you're.
Speaker 2: Trying to do?
Speaker 1: What your to do?
Speaker 2: Like what you trying to do? You define it like what you're trying to get into? Is what you're trying.
Speaker 1: It's Donald's expression for saying, like what are you? What are you doing tonight? What do you want to do?
Speaker 6: What you trying to do?
Speaker 3: It's some titles are this is Donald Faison, What you're trying to do?
Speaker 1: What you want to go to? The gentleman's establishment, What you're trying to do? Get in a day?
Speaker 5: Just wait?
Speaker 2: What shoe?
Speaker 5: And what you're trying to do?
Speaker 4: What you're trying to get into a day of shoe.
Speaker 2: What you're trying to do.
Speaker 5: What you try to get in?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, never mind, never mind, I get it. I'll cut it together.
Speaker 5: I always need two weeks to learn anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have two weeks. We don't have two weeks. Let's go back to you giving me notes on mine. Okay, what you're trying to get into, what you're sure?
Speaker 2: I think what you're trying in the beginning, I think I'm not doing.
Speaker 1: This eight shows a week. I'm just singing it once.
Speaker 2: You try to get into a.
Speaker 1: Day as shoe shoe? What you're trying to do?
Speaker 2: There we go under.
Speaker 5: I think you need to start a little lighter with it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to start lighter with it and then.
Speaker 8: Finish big, so you know, set it up. You don't want to blow them out in the beginning.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love to blow it out in the beginning. That's good. That's good. Do you want to give us a little jaenvit sample? Just because the audience I can sing on this.
Speaker 4: Can you can just give a little bit of something like you got about twenty seconds of singing.
Speaker 1: No, no, we got leeway. I can sing the Jean Valjean part if you want, I am warning you, javert. I'm a stronger man by far. There is power in me, yet my race is not yet worn.
Speaker 5: He's worked on that a lot, and it's very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know the whole show by heart.
Speaker 8: He can't think he could. I think he could take the card out of the pantages and do it.
Speaker 2: I can't, I can't.
Speaker 1: I got one. How does it go place? Now? That's the wrong show.
Speaker 5: Oh ah, you're thinking. I dream the dream, Preston.
Speaker 2: I dream the dream and days gone by? Oh I got one for you. Coof rock, you take the watch. Yeah, they may attack before it's light. Right, everybody, keep the faith. What is it for a certain Nazzi? We are not alone? The people too must raze Marius drink with me, yea.
Speaker 5: By the show right here.
Speaker 10: By that, Let the wine why friendship ever dry?
Speaker 5: Let the wine of friendship never dry. Here's to them, and he's to you.
Speaker 1: Oh funck, there we go or something I got I.
Speaker 2: Die before I wake.
Speaker 5: They were gonna do the whole show start.
Speaker 1: Whenever Preston comes over, I just start singing lines from Limas Preston had a friend come over and.
Speaker 3: All that means nothing at all, But really, you weep, I should marry us.
Speaker 2: This cosette is a cosette.
Speaker 1: Would you cosette that means nothing at all? Would you should marry us? Fall Preston had a friend come over and he told me he played in the show and I sand one of his lines. I was like, I know one of your lines.
Speaker 5: And he told a little grit to it.
Speaker 1: Oh that was funny. Actually he's the guy who plays the drunk guy. The drunk the granter is the character. He plays the guy who's always drunk at the meetings and of the students. And I said, oh, you listen, I'm coming to the show tonight. And on your one line that you sing, Marius, you're no longer a child, I didn't say, what's going on? You talk of bay? He's making fun of Marius for not being like focused and he goes, you talk.
Speaker 3: Of battles to be one and here it comes like, don Juan, it's better than it all, parah.
Speaker 1: And he goes, oh, you're putting a little gravel on it. I goes to me a favor tonight show, a tonight's show. I want you to put that same gravel on it, and he's laughing and everything. I'm like, no, no, just just like, just try it. You might like it, you might want to commit to it. So I forget about it. I certainly don't think he's going to do it. We go to the show that night. This dude threw some stoozy on tis kind of shout out to Carl Adams for I don't know if he's stuck with that. Preston has he.
Speaker 5: Has He's sticking to it.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's sticking to it. Well there, goody. He was like, you know, you go see the show and you that line.
Speaker 2: That Garden State movie, I will take the note.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: He liked it.
Speaker 1: It worked. Co director lem is now, well, I just liked if you go see the show, the touring grammy.
Speaker 2: He does have a grammy.
Speaker 1: If you go see the show, the Touring Company of Lama is coming to a senior you and you hear that line that little extra gravel is because of me.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll wrap up with what should we wrap up with? Preston? Is there anything you want to talk about? It doesn't have to be about the show. It could be about your life. It could be about being a new father.
Speaker 5: Being a new father's incredible.
Speaker 8: Touring with a new baby and a wife has been quite a challenge.
Speaker 2: But wait and put the wife and kid with you.
Speaker 1: They're they're out, they're here.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are they going to do They're not doing the whole tour obviously, No.
Speaker 8: No, they're just coming out, you know, like when we're here for six weeks. So they decided to come out for this. And you know, just being in la Is feels like being home a bit. So it's it's been nice to you know, hit cities where we have friends and family in and yeah, and he gets.
Speaker 1: To come over my house in cold plunge and he follows the rules. He comes over and says me before plunging, and he today and from now I'm bringing on towel. I'm not a fuffing fold. Thanks John C.
Speaker 3: Lastly, I wanted to bring this up to Daniel because you know, I don't I don't smoke weed or drink, but I still make late night stupid purchases.
Speaker 2: And I'm very proud of you, Daniel.
Speaker 1: I brought this, but I don't. I bought this, but I don't even know really what it is. It's called I thought you could explain to me what it was. Absolutely, I thought it was one thing, but I don't know if it's that, Donald, I feel like you'd love this. It's called the Analog Pocket, yes, and it looks like a like a Matt Black.
Speaker 3: Game Boy, right, And I just thought I was going to be able to play like old school.
Speaker 1: Game Boy games on it, but I can't see. But it didn't come with any adapter, and I can't seem to what do I do and what can I do with this thing?
Speaker 3: You literally put old game Boy cartridges in They fit in there, so it is meant to fit game Boy, game Boy Advance. To game stats, you have to actually go to games cartridges. But what it does is it allows it to be a kind of like pan console controller for many different kinds of handhelds. Yeah, so, Daniel, how many different systems will this little thing play? I'm pretty sure it is, like because it has different adapters totally. Yeah, yeah, so I think it's game Boy Advanced, regular game Boy. I'm pretty sure it works with almost any kind of game Boy, game Boy Color, game Boy Advance.
Speaker 1: Let's see here.
Speaker 3: Pocket works with cartridge adapters for other handheld systems too, like game gear, Neo Geo, Pocket, Color, Atari links and more.
Speaker 1: So it is. Yeah. Yeah, so so do I need at Let me ask you a question. If I buy a game Boy cartridge, yes, can I just stick it in here? Do I need Nope? You just stick it right in. Oh, I gotta go on eBay right now, y'all.
Speaker 2: Go to gamestaff too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but I was gonna go. I was coming on.
Speaker 3: I bet you for a little bit of money. If you want to adventure it out into the valley. There's a place, I believe it's called game Dude, and they sell vintage cartridges and stuff like that, and they have they buy back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if you want this, do I need adapters or anything?
Speaker 3: Just stick in here? So so on its because all those cartridges are different. They're slightly different. Yes, but right it works with any let's see game Boy, game Boy Color, game Boy Advance works right off the bat.
Speaker 1: You do need to end.
Speaker 3: No, Supernintendo is we're talking handheld consoles.
Speaker 2: Sucks. That sucks.
Speaker 1: Well that's what it's trying to emulate. Well, it's pretty cool. I mean I'm not doing an ad for it. I just bought it late night thinking I could it was cool and I needed Daniel to explain it to me. Ali pocket is an awesome device. It's really really cool. It's popular, huh.
Speaker 3: I mean amongst the monkst you know, what's some good.
Speaker 1: Game Boy games that I should buy?
Speaker 5: What do you guys love which Zelda was on the Game Boy?
Speaker 3: That's a good one, o g Zelda's I mean, if you haven't played any of the original three Pokemons, like you know, Red Blue and Gold or Red Blue and Yellow.
Speaker 1: Or classics Super Mario.
Speaker 4: Absolutely when when the Game Boy came out, the one that was the dopest was the freaking Super Mario Brothers. The Mario Brothers stuff is always great on game Boy.
Speaker 2: And then that's why that's that was the best to me.
Speaker 1: All Right, well, thank you for your review. That's our show everyone. I want to thank Preston Boyd. Go see name is it's going. You can obviously google lame is Robbed North American Tour and I'm sure it'll lead you to where you can buy tickets. Do you know where you're going after You're going to Vegas?
Speaker 5: And then where you're going Mason.
Speaker 1: Will your will your wife allow you to uh go to a gentleman's club in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Come on, bro, what's a gentleman's club? Come on?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 2: What is John to accomplished right now?
Speaker 1: I'm just curious if when he's in Vegas, if he and the other members of the revolution are allowed to go to the club.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're all about to die anyway, they might as well live it up.
Speaker 1: Jean Valjean? Will he be getting a lap dance?
Speaker 2: See, you're going crazy, man.
Speaker 4: You should ask questions about like what's your poker and stuff like that, things that aren't going to get him in trouble and stuff. You asked him this motherfucker, which where you're.
Speaker 1: Going to get I'm you know what, I'm asking him.
Speaker 3: What you're trying to get into?
Speaker 1: What you're trying to do?
Speaker 4: You have to ask him in a different way because I don't think he's going to get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he certainly is gonna be able to repeat it. All right.
Speaker 3: What you're trying to do here?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 1: I feel like we found his kryptonite and broke him.
Speaker 5: I don't have a show tonight, all right.
Speaker 1: I love you guys. Donald counts gay stories.
Speaker 7: That show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses in the janitor who loved me, I said, here's the stories that you all should know, So gather round you.
Speaker 1: Here are gather round you. Here are spect Me, my show wiz, and