Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: At all at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't give them black a million bus bush Yeah, listening to show.
Speaker 3: I want joy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, joy, you know you know.
Speaker 6: You love you? Turn turn.
Speaker 7: I came.
Speaker 3: To turn the mouth.
Speaker 8: Turn.
Speaker 4: I probably got to turn the mouth turn out wid the money up.
Speaker 2: Come come on, you'll think, I sure will.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now.
Speaker 9: One and only.
Speaker 2: Steve Harvey got a radio show. Oh man, Steve Harvey got a radio show because God.
Speaker 7: Because God is simply amazing, because God is off the chain, because God is over the top, because God is all that in a bag of chips.
Speaker 2: God is amazing. Man.
Speaker 7: God will take you places that you never ever thought you would go.
Speaker 9: Or you know what.
Speaker 7: It's sometimes it amazes me when I'm watching people talk about themselves and their careers and where they're at in life and things, and they and I hear people say, you know, always dreamed of being here. You know, I can understand when a person says that I've always dreamed that of something like this would happen to me. But I want you to think about that for a second. Did you really see it just like that though? Did you really really see it just like that? Did you really know that God was going to bring you through all he bought you through to get you to this place? Did you know that, in spite of the losses along the way that would crumbled the average person, that somehow He kept you through it.
Speaker 2: All and that's how you got here? Did you think of you know?
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, I mean, since you're so busy talking about yourself now, have you forgotten all the times He was bringing you through when you didn't see no way that you was gonna get through?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that?
Speaker 7: So when you sit there and you say, I dreamed of this, this is what I always saw happening, I.
Speaker 2: Don't really think.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 2: I don't really think.
Speaker 7: If you take inventory, or real close inventory of your life and you look back on it all, stop looking at the moment right now, remember where you come from. See, that's what gets me emotional sometimes, that's what makes me tear up, because when something is happening to me in the moment, it ain't the moment for.
Speaker 2: Me, it's the memory of how I got there.
Speaker 7: It's the recollection of all the things, all the nights, all the days in that car, all the times by myself when I felt like I wasn't gonna make it. But somehow I'm standing somewhere and somebody passing out on the ward to me or somebody calling my name, that's that. Did you really think you was gonna make it?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 7: So so so, since you're talking about this is what I always dreamed? Did you really think in those moments right there that you would even be standing here today?
Speaker 2: That's why I try to I try to give people.
Speaker 7: To understand, you know, and and and and this is kind of for young people today what I'm about to say. But then guess what I sometimes I had to remind myself of it. So I guess it's still kind of for everybody, you know, because I work with a lot of young people, and so many times, man, young people just don't understand what all it takes. And I know, and if you're a full grown adult, if you're forty, you really understanding where I'm coming from, because you know it's listen to me, young people or anybody that don't understand this, that you got to do some things that you don't want to do in order to do what you want to do, you have to understand this principle of success or else you are not going to become successful. I got what you want to do. I got your ultimate goal? Is this, that, and the other? I got all of that. But in the meantime, though, there are some necessary steps that you have to take in order to become successful. And you cannot skip these steps. You can't jump over these steps just because you want to be rich, Friday, I got that.
Speaker 2: I got that. Everybody got that.
Speaker 7: But if you want this, whatever you're talking about, whether it's money or success or fame or climbing the corporate letter or this is the position or you all, that's fine and day please hold on to your dreams. Dreams come true. But in the meantime, let me remind you of something that you gotta do some things you don't want to do in order to do what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Let's say you want to be rich and famous. Let's just say that's it for you. Now, it's a lot of other ways of being successful. Please don't think that's the only one. But I'm just saying, let's just say, yo, it is rich and famous.
Speaker 7: And let's say some miraculous way God made you rich and famous. Next Friday, Ta dad d y'all you rich and you famous? Next Friday? Can I share something with you? This is not going to last for you. You know why because you have not done the things it's necessary. You have not done the things that you have to do in order to do the things you want.
Speaker 2: So now you're rich and famous. How you gonna know how to budget money?
Speaker 7: How you gonna know how to get up and keep clawing towards the top when you fall.
Speaker 2: Off your pedestal. See, it's so many things.
Speaker 7: You got to know about something, and you think because it's what you want right now, it's supposed to happen just now. It's a process. When you ask God for something. Please know God know the process. He knows the necessary steps to take you through. Don't lose your patience with God because your dreams ain't coming true right now? Man, You know, I think the best way y'all is for me. I just use myself as an example. I really do understand why God has given me the life he's given me so far. I understand the being homeless part. Now I get to not being successful when I want it. Two Part now I get it. I got the delayed entry into the field of choice for myself. I got it now. I've been wanting to be on TV and a little comedian since I was nine years old. But guess what, I didn't get there until I was twenty eight. But see I didn't get it. Then I was mad at God. You know what I want, and I'm senterm here here. I got exactly what you want. But I got this process. I want you to go through to get here too, because see I'm finna take you somewhere. You don't know nothing, but one day you're gonna have a radio show with you a little stupid behind. You don't know this yet. I'm gonna bless you with a radio show. You don't even know it. That's why I say every morning, Steve Harvey got a radio show. Because see, I didn't see this one coming. But see, God had a plan for me. It was in the blueprint of my life. So God said, what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna make your life a little rough for you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna toss you up a little bit.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna let you make some of these stupid decisions you wanna make and I'm gonna make you learn from them. I'm gonna let you be homeless for a little while. I'm gonna let you not get into your field of choice until you're twenty eight. I'm gonna have people talking about if we had only seen him when he was younger. I ain't gonna let you get your first con your name to your thirty eight. I'm gonna make you go through some things because one day I'm gonna put a microphone in front of your mouth, and I want you to honor me. I want you to talk about me. I want you to tell people what I bought you through. I want you to give people inspirational moments where they can see that your life was jacked up for a minute and I turned your life around for you.
Speaker 2: That's God dealing with me. See.
Speaker 7: So now I finally understand why I went through the life I went through, so I can have something to say. See, I ain't over here telling you about what I think will happen. I'm telling you what I know can happen. That God does make dreams come true, but sometime it take a minute. Sometimes you're gonna have to do some things you don't want to do. In order to do what you wanna do. All right, all that you, I'm gonna be tripping to day you're listening, Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Alive and well. All is good, All is well. We are grateful here on this show man. Grateful for the sunshine, Grateful for the storm, the rains, Grateful for just the wake up call that you gave us this morning so we can see it all.
Speaker 2: I appreciate everything.
Speaker 7: I appreciate the way you take me through trials and tribulations and still love me and protect me anyway. Man, God is good. We give you the honor, the glory and the credit today full credit. We didn't wake up on our own, NASA. That was you, and we appreciate it. We do appreciate the wake up call. Opportunity to give it blessed received. Gratitude is now delivered. Ladies and gentlemen. This is that damn Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 9: Get this here.
Speaker 2: Show ain't like no other show.
Speaker 7: Yes, Shirley, right after you heard me, you know, surely I just wanted to say.
Speaker 2: You know, the Lord God Almighty created he and created me. He knew what he was doing.
Speaker 7: When he bought me here, he knew how I was gonna turn out, for I started out. He knew when I was a little boy that he was gonna make me this. So why am I trying to be that when clearly he made me to be this?
Speaker 1: Amen?
Speaker 7: And if anybody don't like this, then find you something else that you like that's like that.
Speaker 1: That's all man.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no problem with this right here, because I ain't mad at you for being you.
Speaker 7: You know, I let everybody be who they gonna be. Cool, but now when I'm doing I won't want everybody to you know, just go along with it.
Speaker 2: Also, we've got to understand this.
Speaker 7: Everybody has the right to be and do whatever they want to be or do, but also, in your being and doing that, make sure that you allow a lotment for everybody to be and do who they are.
Speaker 9: You see what I'm saying. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Just let it go.
Speaker 7: You can't raise your hand publicly and make a statement about what you believe in what you do, and don't expect nobody to raise their hand and say what they believe in what they do. And if it's counter to you, then let us let it be counter.
Speaker 11: It's all good. It's all good. Yeah, go to your house and preach that.
Speaker 7: That's all go ahead. It doesn't work at your house, Tom wives zim from all this. Yes, logic rez and then under logic.
Speaker 9: Logic don't work.
Speaker 1: Right out the window.
Speaker 9: You can come appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Family, if you like going to jail, go and go to jail.
Speaker 12: I'm not saying nothing to you.
Speaker 2: Family, I'm not stopping you from going.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: No, you know how many people that wasted they want call by calling me?
Speaker 1: All right, on that note, we're moving on.
Speaker 13: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we're gonna hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 14: What you got for his nep This right here is alarm alert.
Speaker 9: Let's just get right to it.
Speaker 10: Come on, cat Hello, Hello reached Denise.
Speaker 15: Please, Yeah, this is Denise.
Speaker 10: Hi Denise, this is Tony. I'm calling security. I've got an alarm that we've got an alarm that's gone off on you guys property are you guys? We're just checking before we send authorities out. Is everything okay? Then maybe someone tripped the alarm.
Speaker 15: Oh my gosh, No, I'm at work. I'm at work right now. I'm not home.
Speaker 10: Okay. Do you have a tet or dog or anything that could actually trip the alarm?
Speaker 15: No, No, that's strange. That never goes off like that. I'm nervous.
Speaker 10: Okay, give me a second. We've got a call into the neighborhood security that actually are in route to the property, and they were going to give us some information before we actually sent the sent the police officers out, unless you would like for me to send them out now. But yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 15: You should send the police. I mean, if I'm not home and nobody's home and my alarm's going off and it never goes off that, I'm worried.
Speaker 10: Okay, hang on one second, this is neighborhood security calling that. Hang on one second. I'll be right back to you.
Speaker 15: Okay, niece, are you there, Yes, yes, yes, I'm here.
Speaker 10: They have they're out there at the property, the neighborhood security.
Speaker 16: Do you.
Speaker 10: There is a black guy there is on your premise. Are you familiar with who that might be?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean my husband's black, but he should be at work right now, Okay, definitely, okay, and he probably would have texted me if you know the alarm was going off.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, I mean, do you have any other black male friends?
Speaker 15: Excuse me?
Speaker 10: Do you have any other Do you have any other black male friends that might be at the house.
Speaker 15: I mean, yeah, it's a very weird question. I mean I have black friends, yes, but I don't think they would be in my house.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, I mean should we just assume that this is your husband? What do you think? I I mean, what would you like for me?
Speaker 15: I mean, how tall is this person? My husband's sixty three?
Speaker 10: Hold on, guy, hold on one second. Let me go back to the street from the neghbhook I hang on one second.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, somebody's in my lum's going off. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, okay, Denise, Yes, okay, they have a The black guy that they're looking at is about five foot ten, maybe late twenties. How old is your husband?
Speaker 15: No, my husband is. I just told you that my husband's not there. He would have texted me or called me and told me that he accidentally set the alarm off. And I'm actually going to text him. I mean, this is crazy. I should probably call him.
Speaker 10: Okay, you did not realize if you do realize, if we send the authorities out and this is a false call, that you're going to get charged for that. You do know that, right, a false call.
Speaker 15: You just said, somebody's in my house and it's not me or my husband, so you shouldn't be charging me for that.
Speaker 10: You're saying your husband's black, and then there's a black guy there. I mean, they probably know each other, right.
Speaker 15: Are you kidding me? What kind of question is that they Why? Because they're both black?
Speaker 10: I'm just trying to save you some money, ma'am. I don't want to send out police officers when they get there and then all of a sudden, your husband knows the black guy or he's a relative or something. I mean, do they I mean, you know, do you want to call.
Speaker 16: Your rank done?
Speaker 17: Do you think like this.
Speaker 15: Is really offensive? And I don't understand if I'm telling you that I don't know who the person is in my house, that means sends the police. I mean, this is ridiculous and black.
Speaker 10: They're calling back neighborhoods. Just hold on one second. Neighborhood security is calling back.
Speaker 15: Here, Oh my god, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 10: Okay, Denise. Now the security in the neighborhood, they're telling me that this guy just drove the garage and a white pickup. Do you do you guys have a white pickup?
Speaker 15: Yes, we do.
Speaker 10: So this guy just pulled out of your your your garage and a white pickup. Well, I have my.
Speaker 15: Car at work and my husband has his car that's like the truck that he uses on the weekends for like construction and stuff. So that means somebody just stole our car. I can't believe this is happening. You are watching somebody in my house and you you basically watch them steal my truck.
Speaker 10: Well, well, I'm gonna go ahead and now and get the police to go over. Okay, so why are you going to send them?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 15: He probably took all my in my house. I mean, the police get there, there's not gonna be anything left in my house, probably the back of the truck.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm doing the best I can. I'm trying to help him out with you.
Speaker 12: That is going to do me now.
Speaker 15: I mean, the whole time you've been talking to me, he's been cleaning out my house out and stealing.
Speaker 10: Well, how did he get in your house?
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I don't know this guy.
Speaker 10: You're ok. I was asking you, how could somebody get you your house? Did you leap something open? What did you go?
Speaker 15: Okay, listen, you would know because I wouldn't have been able to set my alarm this morning. If something was opened, it would beef. Then it wouldn't let me set the alarm. And the fact that you're interrogating me when somebody's robbing my house.
Speaker 8: You need to do your job.
Speaker 15: I need to call You're wasting my time. I mean, by the time the police get there, it's gonna be tomorrow.
Speaker 10: So you're gonna so you're gonna call it Daryl now, I'm sorry, you're gonna call it Daryl.
Speaker 15: Now, how does do you know my husband's name?
Speaker 10: This is nephew. Tell me for the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your husband, Daryl got me through prank phone college.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, I wasn't gonna come down there.
Speaker 10: And so right, nobody stole your truck, nobody's at your house, your alongside everything good. But Daryl told me, say, we got to get my wife, we got to get a good Did we get you?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 15: My god, I was sweating.
Speaker 17: I was so angry.
Speaker 15: I was sweating over.
Speaker 10: Here, all right, So tell me this. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 15: So Steve Harvey Morning Show, Thank you nephew.
Speaker 1: Coming up next. It's a little bit of praise.
Speaker 13: As the CLO with our Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey. You're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, do you pee? Presidential candidate vis Ramaswami agrees to stop rapping and m songs on the campaign trail, Kanye West bears his.
Speaker 1: Butt what his butt sheets?
Speaker 13: You see him on a boat ride in Italy, and tennis star Cochboo golf is still trending after receiving praise for checking the chair umpire at the US Open.
Speaker 1: Yes she did. We'll talk about all of these stories at the time.
Speaker 3: You didn't see it.
Speaker 9: I don't want to see you.
Speaker 3: The first time, Steve.
Speaker 1: It's time right now. Then we'll get to that at the top.
Speaker 13: Right now, it's time for the CLO, Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: This one's from Missy and Akron.
Speaker 13: Missy writes there's a man staying with my neighbor and he is always sitting out front. He's friendly, So I asked him to help me move a limb that was in my backyard. My neighbor called me and told me not to ask her man to do anything else. I'm uneasy about this situation. Should I tell her that I don't want him or let it go?
Speaker 7: No, don't ask her man to do nothing else. See you, that's her man. You know he's sitting out front, and then you're gonna ask him to help you. Now you're just you can't do the sister. Come on, you got a mind for that. Get your way, your man, because that's what the lady just said. Oh you're gonna just my man sitting in front of y'all. You're gonna ask him come over and help you. Hey, don't ask him help you do nothing else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let it go. You're right, he didne.
Speaker 9: Got cussed us.
Speaker 7: Oh oh so now you missed a help for help of humphing over here?
Speaker 2: Oh you handed man?
Speaker 10: Now you do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's so that's what you're sitting out that far, So anybody can just call you and you jump over there.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask you to.
Speaker 7: Fix this washing machine times, and you ain't did the damn thing. Now you're over that moving tree branches for this hepp it's okay, give me, I got her number. Yeah yeah, since when you started tree removal, sir, you can't even remove your draws out the bedroom flow. You're over there moving whole trees. Boy, let me tell you something. That conversation at that house. Boy, he's sitting baby, she was sitting up there.
Speaker 9: She was in trouble.
Speaker 7: She talked to me, she spoke, I don't give a damn what right said to you?
Speaker 1: Why didn't you just say no? Why didn't you just say no, we can't beep? Fine?
Speaker 2: Fine her? Oh that ain't the manly thing to do.
Speaker 7: No lift no tree keelephan hook had that whole tree in under malls.
Speaker 9: He got the whole tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 9: I bet you're gonna do it again.
Speaker 1: Do it he learned today?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 13: Moving on to Percy and Baton Rouge, Percy says the female friend went through a rough time, so she sold some of her jewelry. I bought a bracelet for my wife, but I didn't tell my wife it was used. The lady ran into my wife and told her how I helped her out by buying the bracelet.
Speaker 1: My god, yeah, my wife is mad.
Speaker 13: How do I get her to understand that I was trying to be helpful.
Speaker 1: I was just trying to help.
Speaker 2: Once again, boy, here we go to be healths. First, you over here.
Speaker 7: Moving trees right now, you don't open up the damn pond shop and onely desperate hefless.
Speaker 2: Oh you just a tree.
Speaker 7: Now, you just tree trimming. Now you're over here just buying jewelry off these helpless What is wrong with you, Percy sitting up in here with your stupid as. Oh, you just gonna help everybody. It's next, you're gonna have a little or no. Oh, now you're a tree mechanic. Now, now you're over here dropping transmissions and changing off of heifers. Now I'm sitting up in here thinking I got something. I'm walking in this store and hear his helfer come talking about that's mine. She hate this raggedy ass jewelry, and you get this.
Speaker 2: Off for me.
Speaker 1: She will never wear it again.
Speaker 7: She'd have moved her health untlipped that unclipped that baby. I was trying to help her out, and I have told you about helping you.
Speaker 2: You move in trees.
Speaker 7: You're fine, Jewel, You're gonna be fixing cars in a minute. Where you finished? Oh now, oh now, anybody throw a black hat. Now you finish, jump off the boat and swim and yeah, I'm gonna tell you right now before you get real healthy. You know your ass can't swim. Jump up, your stupid ass. He ain't got no he can jump in and save who he wanted to. I didn't marry you to say nobody. I married you to save me, and you ain't save me. Yeah, my blouse last Saturday night, so we can get out of here.
Speaker 2: And you burned it the child, but you ain't.
Speaker 7: You ain't burn that tree down, though, did you, bracelest?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 13: All right, okay, this is a little different from Princess and DeSoto. Princess says, I'm twenty five years old and I moved back in with my mother after college. I've been dating the same guy since I was sixteen, and when I was in college, I practically lived with him. The fact that my mother won't let him sleep over is puzzling me.
Speaker 1: We're going to get married, so why is she still treating me like a child.
Speaker 7: Your man can't sleep at your mama house. If you married a man that can't get you all the place to go, screw. Excuse me. So you, Finnah, come over here under your mama's house without being married, and she supposed to be all right with that. Look we go get married. If you was gonna get married, why don't you move in with him? But you moved in with your mama. Now he over and now he got a free place. He ain't got spending. You see how that sounds, man, it's the sense of entitlement that people have. So first of all, he now let me tell you what he doing. Now, First he overhere trimming trees for helpless, next dough. Then he'dne bought to bracelet for you for the jewelerstoe. Now he over here getting free rooms. Now he getting free rooms. You see, I'm so sick of his ass right here, this is this is now you just now you want to marry him? The tree trimming, jewelry, bine rooms smooching asked what did you marry him for?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you where it's headed.
Speaker 13: All right, we have one more last in Peoria, he says. I recently moved from Chicago. For a fresh start after a breakup. My friend told me that my axe is trying to find out where I disappeared to.
Speaker 1: Is he trying to keep up with me because he wants me back?
Speaker 13: Or is he making sure I'm totally out of the way.
Speaker 2: What difference do you do?
Speaker 8: What differ?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: Here he go again?
Speaker 7: First he tree trimming. Now he'd just set up here. Now he got a pawn shop. He's buying health of jewelry farms. Now he's gonna be here looking for free rumors. Now he got a people location service going. That's why what is you worried about him? I told you should have left his ass a long time ago. Who plan on making money with a people location service?
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 2: Now he just app Now he googled?
Speaker 1: Now he did he is? So who is he?
Speaker 7: He worked for Siri? Now now he working for Find the Phone. If he's not here to find a help of visit. I have told you about this.
Speaker 1: You've been and tied it altogether. It for thank you, Cello. I'm coming up.
Speaker 8: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 10: Up.
Speaker 13: Presidential candidate Vivica Vivic Ramaswamy has agreed to stop rapping to eminem on the campaign trail. Ramaswamy wrapped part of Lose Yourself during a campaign event at the Iowa State Fair. Eminem A Ka Marshall Mathers sent a c SYN desist letter objecting to the Vivic Ramaswami campaign's use of his music. In response to the c syent desist, Ramaswamy said on x or Twitter quote, will the real slim shady please stand up?
Speaker 14: He Hey, that is not the smoke.
Speaker 2: You won't not im.
Speaker 1: Detroit before you don't.
Speaker 2: I mean he won the top cats. Man.
Speaker 7: You know I've been watching a First of all, let me say this about this dude, ram will Swami.
Speaker 9: Whatever his name is.
Speaker 2: Rob's a very dangerous candidate. You are.
Speaker 7: We're gonna have to get ready because they already know they have no candidate that's going to stand up to Donald Trump. So Donald Trump will be their pick, the pick that Donald Trump is going to make. That's what these debates are about. He's looking for a vice president and right now this boy is running. All of them are running for second place because the ain't none of them in double digits except the Santas and he only seventeen percent. He ain't finna be president either, but they want to be vice president. And that Ramaswami guy, he's very dangerous. He's more dangerous than Trump. He's an evil guy. Man, he's an evil guy, and he's an evil guy from in his heart and soul. Trump doing what he do for party and power. He don't even know issues.
Speaker 10: Really.
Speaker 2: This other guy right here is adres Man.
Speaker 7: He raised his head and said, if first thing I'm going to do when I'm elected president is pardon Donald Trump. This dude right here, it's danger Now let me say this about Eminem. This dude right here's one of the few cats. I'm not a hip hop specialist at all. I have no business. Don't ask me nothing on the subject because I'm not well first or nothing. But I was watching the game on drink Champs and the game said, I think, yeah, I used to think Eminem was a better rapper than me.
Speaker 2: He's not. And the dude, what's his name, Noriega?
Speaker 7: He said, He said, He said, wait a minute, hold up, now, hold on, what.
Speaker 2: Are you saying? So then game said, oh, you saying Eminem is better than me?
Speaker 7: That dude, no yega with man, what the hell you talking about? And and the debate started the game and went off talking about all you think because he a white man.
Speaker 2: He said, brother, ain't got nothing that has nothing to do with it. Eminem man is a head bad boy.
Speaker 1: This dude is, he's a.
Speaker 2: He's a dude. But man, Game said that, and I'm that.
Speaker 9: Baby Games blamed.
Speaker 1: The real slim shady. Please stand up? Did he say that?
Speaker 13: Did he really say that?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you right now, look it up, go and drink Champs.
Speaker 7: Just look it up, drink jump and Game says he's better than just look it up.
Speaker 2: About And I don't know a damn thing about hip hop.
Speaker 7: I'm not an expert or nothing, but I know you know that.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about saying with a real yeah, he really.
Speaker 2: He's so stupid.
Speaker 13: Switching gears still trending in sports entertainment news. We love how young tennis great Coco Golf stood up for herself in the match against Laura Siegmuan on day one of the US Open. Coco approach chair umpire in the third set to express her frustration that she believed the umpire wasn't enforcing time violation rules for Siegmund's pace of play.
Speaker 1: Take a listen, Hurry fall rallies. It's two balls. She's going to send me doing everything.
Speaker 2: I'm not going.
Speaker 1: I'm going on normal speed, that's any wreck.
Speaker 16: Here.
Speaker 15: I go a.
Speaker 1: Medium pace speed.
Speaker 18: But she can't everything missing like six points.
Speaker 1: Not per se every game second. Sy I didn't say nothing.
Speaker 18: But now was I don't care what she's going to urse her yet ready?
Speaker 1: She said what she said, be ready, and.
Speaker 7: She was one hundred percent correct, because they played it back on Sports Center, and every time Coco was ready to serve, she had to wait on this girl. And the rule in tennis is the server sets the pace of play, you know, within a reasonable amount of time. But the girl plays, like she says, at a medium pace. She's not a fast player, she's not a but the other girl who was getting her hey was trying to slow her down and throw her rhythm off. So she was over there fixing, fixing threads in her paddle, walking off, and you know, the girl bouncing the ball got her thing.
Speaker 2: Out of fire for them over the knit and her.
Speaker 7: Busts her dead and her damn face with that, Oh my bad.
Speaker 13: The good news is that Coco feeded Sigmund three six, sixty two and sixty four to advance to the second round. Yeah, so that's the good news. Yeah, that's the good news. Finally, in entertainment news, Kanye we was pull up your pants while in Italy. The paparazzi managed to snap shots of Yay hunched over just with his butt sticking out and facing the camera. He was enjoying a scenic water taxi ride with his wife at the time, apparently not realizing or even caring that his butt was out that it was showing. Everybody in Italy could see it if they wanted to, because it was just out.
Speaker 1: It's too much for it. It's just yeah, talk about what is that about?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 14: I'm not going to discuss Kanye's as I'm coming up at.
Speaker 13: Twenty minutes after the hour, Well, check Steve's voicemail at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve.
Speaker 1: Right after this you're listening Hard Morning show.
Speaker 13: It is time now to check Steve's voicemail and if you would like to leave a message for Steve yourself, call him at eight nine Steve.
Speaker 1: You might just hear your call on the air.
Speaker 2: Ready, Steve, Yeah, yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Here we go. This is Carol from Chicago.
Speaker 10: Hi, Steve, this.
Speaker 19: Is Carolyn from Chicago.
Speaker 10: I just want to put something out there.
Speaker 9: Everybody.
Speaker 19: Leave Steve Harvey and Margie Harvey alone.
Speaker 1: Mind your business.
Speaker 10: They're doing okay as far as I know.
Speaker 1: Leave them alone.
Speaker 10: Okay. I love you, Steve bye.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Chicago does it no city?
Speaker 9: Baby?
Speaker 7: Yes, so much, because I'm just gonna take you. It ain't nothing wrong with me and Margie nothing. Me and Marjori ain't got no marital issues. There ain't no infidelity in here. We ain't had no arguments, and we ain't split up, and we ain't fire for no divorce.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm right.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to keep my mouth closed about it, but.
Speaker 1: Well, let's be This female caller from New Orleans has to say, Steve.
Speaker 10: Hello, Morning Show.
Speaker 19: This is Dago Smooth from Kennedy Heights, located in the city of New Orleans. I'm calling her dress believe it and see. Rosco shouldn't sing no more, honey. Your personality is at an all time low because when you Rosco aka off the Steve sing, I'm sliding across the flow on. I'm your background, I'm everything. The Morning Show breaks so much of everything in everybody's life, and when you put it all together.
Speaker 1: You got radio gumbo. You guys are great.
Speaker 19: I love it called Maraca loves it.
Speaker 7: Keep it up much it all right, radio Gumbo. I'm background and everything Radio gumbo.
Speaker 1: I love it all right.
Speaker 2: This is the male.
Speaker 1: This is the man who left a message for you, Steve.
Speaker 10: Check it out of what people's saying. You still working in my home.
Speaker 2: You in the moving the crew.
Speaker 10: And when you stop making me laugh, were gonna have problems. Love you keep on doing you have a lot of folks. Don't stop doing what you're doing. Later everybody got problems.
Speaker 2: By all right. Appreciate that dog.
Speaker 10: Last one.
Speaker 7: I just can't say that. I just said one more time. Ain't nothing wrong with us. We're good.
Speaker 10: I know it.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that's all coming from. Y'all do like you want to do.
Speaker 7: But when y'all get through, what I ain't finna do is be on no blog with y'all. I'm staying on the wall and I'm trusting in God. Whatever this is fa I'm gonna let God show you what it's for. But you're gonna see though.
Speaker 13: All right, See, we have more calls coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, right after this, you're.
Speaker 8: Listening hard morning show.
Speaker 13: So Steve, your voicemail is just full of message, and we want to remind our listeners that if you would like to leave a message for Steve yourself, call him at eight seven seven nine. Steve, this is a caller female who want who needs some relation advice. Okay, relationship advice, not relations relationship advice.
Speaker 3: Hind see.
Speaker 16: I just have a question.
Speaker 10: I just want to know if I'm wrong here.
Speaker 5: So every year for my birthday, my significant other never does anything.
Speaker 10: I've gone out.
Speaker 16: And above, going on trips, I've posted the.
Speaker 10: Prise party, and he's never done anything. That's here at eighteen of marriage and we've never done anything. Well, he's never done anything for my birthday. And my wrong for expressing myself and saying how sad I am.
Speaker 3: Because every time that I do.
Speaker 10: Say how I feel about not being treated for birthdays or I am a birth thy, i am being told I'm ungreatf God should be happy with whatever.
Speaker 19: Thanks tell me if I'm wrong, Thank you.
Speaker 7: No, you're absolutely not wrong. You have a right to want what you want, you have a right to expect things. Now you're calling him your significant other, so obviously this has been going on for a period of time. I think the question you really need to ask yourself is how significant of the other are you to him? That's a real question you need to ask yourself that card. The man ain't asked you to marry him. He don't do nothing for your birthdays. Y'all don't have no anniversaries. And every time you ask him for something, you ought to be happy with what he gives you well, And the reason he's doing that is because you've accepted everything else he's given you, which has been little or nothing.
Speaker 2: So why would you want more than.
Speaker 7: Now, Ladies, if you're gonna call yourself a significant other, I think you need to find out how significant you are to the other person, because you may not be as significant as you think.
Speaker 2: And any time a man loves you and you go to him.
Speaker 7: With something you want or need, most men who love a woman will try to make it happen for them as long as within their power. Now, if you're asking for stuff, this man just ain't God and ain'tcapable of giving. That's another thing. But a simple thing like something for your birthday, some thought being put into Christmas or something like that, that ain't much of nothing. And if a man ain't thinking of you on those special days, he ain't thinking of you on them other days either. So now how significant is he or how significant are you to him? So your significant other may be just significant to you, You might not be a significant to him.
Speaker 2: It's real simple.
Speaker 7: And he'd have told you just gonna get ready to settle on in because that's all this is right here. I'm gonna get you nothing else, and you complaining now you are ungrateful or grateful for what you'll You don't do nothing. You don't even get nothing on your special day. That's that's interesting. So no, you're not wrong at all. But you're doing all this stuff for him, but he ain't doing nothing for you. That one and one ain't coming out to be two. Your one and one, your one plus one is zero.
Speaker 1: I like that one.
Speaker 7: Show that ain't a negative sign on the plus Yours is one minus one.
Speaker 2: Make sure you got the plus signing now.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 13: This caller Steve left a message about the would you rather segment.
Speaker 4: See morning show that I'm from Houston, Texas, y'all, man, I just listened to.
Speaker 9: Uh would you rather?
Speaker 10: Wife? Seventy five babies diapers for.
Speaker 17: Two adults in two days. Man, almost choked.
Speaker 1: Food, water, everything, y'all some fools.
Speaker 10: Keep it up. Peace.
Speaker 1: That's your best compliment, right your favorite man.
Speaker 2: Thank you sir.
Speaker 7: If you almost choked to death, thank you sir.
Speaker 2: You almost was gonna lose your life, Thank you sir.
Speaker 7: If you lost what you bought at Starbucks and McDonald's, thank you, sir.
Speaker 13: Coming up next, frank phone call for today from the nephew.
Speaker 1: Right after this you're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show.
Speaker 13: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is low vibrational loving. All right, but right now it is time for the nephew with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got for his nepht I got.
Speaker 14: Real stupid today, shirt. I mean, yeah, that other level of it, you know, that other other level that's right here, that other leftl what you say, Steve, Okay, just just listen to my title and tell me, am, I entering another level of stupid. Here's the type. Can I paint your wife nick? But not another level?
Speaker 12: You was over there yesterday?
Speaker 14: Can I paint your wife naked? And I don't see the big deal.
Speaker 7: I don't why y'all keep thanking Steve. Did you just hear say? This is a new level of stupidity. I haven't seen it before. What you won't meet it? It's a new level of stupidity. I haven't seen it before. Let's see what this is. You know this boy is dumb?
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no, I'm not dumb. I'm brilliantly stupid. And that's a difference thing brilliantly stupid.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 2: All right, boy, you really don't know what you just seen. He just proves your point.
Speaker 14: See, the problem is y'all don't know a stupid genius when y'all see one.
Speaker 9: Let's go get though.
Speaker 14: Yeah, y'all, hey man, that's all right, come on, come on, I can be brilliant. I'll be brilliantly stupid by myself and I'm okay with that.
Speaker 9: Let's go get.
Speaker 17: Hello.
Speaker 16: Hello, I wish to speak with a mister please, Hello, sir. My name is Sebastian. I am with the Art Institute and I wanted to give you a call about I have a huge showing coming up where I'm going to be displaying my portfolio all of my drawings within it. But I have one drawing that I am looking to display that I have not put on canvas yet, and I'm looking to take something of essence to put on canvas, and I want to call you about getting permission. Well wait, hold on, dog, just to stop me right now, I don't do that. I am not a model. That's not my profession. So you would not waste your time no more, you know what I'm saying. Just mister, I don't think you understand that my showing is going to have some very important people there.
Speaker 10: I am, like I said before.
Speaker 17: With Art Institute, I said, I don't do that.
Speaker 10: That's not me.
Speaker 17: I mean, I hate you know what? Was you just calling folks up? You a solicitors on I mean y'all just randomly picking out folks and trying trying to get them the model look sir, mister, No, I'm not just randomly calling people. I actually have done research in order.
Speaker 10: To get your number.
Speaker 9: What I'm doing is.
Speaker 16: I'm not calling you as for being a model that I'm going to portray on canvas. But you have something far more greater visually that I would like to behold on canvas. Now you're married to your wife, is am I.
Speaker 10: Correct the whole world.
Speaker 20: World, wol god, No, for who is this seriously?
Speaker 17: Because I could get my number? No, I can get my number because you're talking about my wife and stuff.
Speaker 10: I know my wife.
Speaker 16: My name is Sebastian. I am with Art Institute. What I'm trying to do was capture and mortalize the beauty of essence on Canda lives.
Speaker 17: Okay yo, for real, though, you just can't. You don't talk about my wife all right, so I'm not.
Speaker 16: I'm not calling in a negative manner towards your wife. I want to I want to modalize her and capture her on canvas, the beauty that she beholds. I've seen your wife several times. You guys, resign.
Speaker 17: Whoa, whoa, whoa? Do you see my wife? Wait? What do you see my wife? That?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 17: Why you? Why you?
Speaker 16: Why are you watching my wife? I've seen her. She she shops one hundred and twenty fifth Street in hallm I've seen her so many times there, and she holds all the beauty that an artist would like to put on canvas. Like I said before, I have a huge showing in May. You're welcome to come out as well. It's gonna be so many important people there. But I want to call and get permission from you about painting your wife.
Speaker 17: No, you ain't got that permission. Play well, you just can't. You just can't go around following my wife and trying to motialize or whatever is said. All right, so so, but I would like to let you know I have taken the liberty myself. I have painted your wife's head. And what, Joe, you have lost your damn mind. You can't be just walking around here peyton folks headed. You gotta get permission for that. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 16: You are crazy? You don't understand Your wife holds the essence that every artist wants to I don't care what she holds.
Speaker 17: You can't be going around peyton folks heads.
Speaker 10: Wrong with you, sir.
Speaker 16: That's the reason why I'm calling trying to get permission from you. I Sebastian and want to put your wife on canvas because she holds the essence that every artist wants to behold. She mortalized the beauty of cast.
Speaker 17: Hold of the hold of the hold of God. You're telling me you walking around column painting my wife's head? What is that?
Speaker 20: What are you doing?
Speaker 16: Dude, I'm only trying to complete my portfolio.
Speaker 17: Now, your portfolio here?
Speaker 10: Listen.
Speaker 17: It is if I see my wife's head anywhere, I don't care new paper, magazine, I don't care where billboard, webber. Yo, I'm gonna find your I'm gonna whoop your Do you understand what I'm saying you? I'm gonna shoot you. You understand that?
Speaker 16: Sure, I don't want to have a duel with you, sir. Is a duel they do what they do?
Speaker 20: In fact?
Speaker 17: What name is a bastion?
Speaker 10: What name is that? A fashion?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 16: All I want to do is paint your wife in hourrahest and purest form.
Speaker 10: That's all.
Speaker 16: There's law and purest for me.
Speaker 20: What the do you want?
Speaker 16: Seriously, I want to paint your wife. I want to paint her in the nude?
Speaker 17: Are you watch your mind?
Speaker 7: Not enough?
Speaker 16: That's what you should do.
Speaker 17: Tell me where you at? You want to paint something, I'll give you something to paint. Tell me where you at? What? Twenty fifth?
Speaker 16: Read me?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 20: Twenty fifth?
Speaker 17: That's what's up? I want to whoop your read me, read me, paint me, paint me? You want your mind?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 17: What you wanna paint my wife? And the nude. It's gonna take them brush you to stick them up.
Speaker 16: Your mister, she holds the essence that every person should.
Speaker 17: I'll give up what she hold asked. I don't give a reatch your mother for atism like that.
Speaker 16: Sure, I must ask you. Do you think that you are the only person that has seen your wife in the new children? That has been men before you that have seen her in the next.
Speaker 17: Day for you and my wife ain't no more you call my wife? Is that what you're saying? Are you calling my wife?
Speaker 16: Was excu I want to paint your wife and the beauty that she bought in on canvas.
Speaker 17: Did you not understand? I just said, you know, I told you meet me on the corner of one twenty fifth and claim Powell. I got one more thing. I just want to say, nephew, call me from the Steve harm In Morning Show.
Speaker 16: You just got paint my your boy?
Speaker 20: What what this is?
Speaker 16: This is nephew, there's a nephew till me from the Steve Harmy Morning Show.
Speaker 20: No, oh, oh man, yo man, y'all ye man, I would move a Francis be here, dude, I mean you got me dog? Oh man?
Speaker 16: Yeah, god, it was Sebastian. Sama, Yeah, dude, you get some basket vote. I was gonna y'all and Sebastian College paint brushes and all were about to paint all them with your and he told me, man, he said, man, he he loved his wife. I said, let me say this right now, loves you.
Speaker 10: Let me get one more pay from you.
Speaker 16: Man. What is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 17: Yeah, man, it's Seve Hobby in the Morning Show.
Speaker 20: Baby.
Speaker 14: Don't nobody else need to say nothing. I showed out by myself. The nephew showed out all of that by myself. Okay, stupid in the morning. Sexy on Friday Night on the own network, check me out, Ready to love Dallas. It's it's in fullyf fake right now. Okay, Friday night on a.
Speaker 2: Saying sexy.
Speaker 9: Who are you talking? All right?
Speaker 13: Coming up next Strawberry Letter subject low vibrational Loving.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Dave Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, on dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 9: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Drawberry letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you nephew.
Speaker 13: Subject low vibrational loving Dear Stephen Shirley. I am divorced and I'm dating again. I've gone to counseling to deal with the baggage that was part of the destruction of my marriage. So I consider myself healed and I'm ready to get into a healthy new relationship. But God, really, he does have a sense of humor. I won on three horrible dates when I first got back on the dating scene. I decided to try online dating and I matched up with a guy that looks great on paper, but he has some issues with his finances. I don't mind meeting a man halfway with the bills, but if I got serious with this guy, I'd have to pay our bills and his child support. I can't fold a man for having baggage, but I also don't have to take on a fixer upper. I just don't think that God would put me through that again. Been there, done that with my ex husband. So what's with all the low vibrational loving with this new generation of men. I'm thirty four years old, and it's hard to meet a man in my age range that's successful, that's successful and ready to settle down. I've been on first dates and have had to pay for my meal, and the guys expect me to pursue them. I prefer a strong minded man. He doesn't have to be rich, but he needs to have a plan. I work with a few married men my age and they seem to be on the right path, so I know good black men are out there. Some women are accepting low vibrational loving and the bare minimum from a man, and that makes it hard for women with higher standards.
Speaker 1: I want to meet a.
Speaker 13: Man that is on my level, But if I can't, how do I help guide a man to greatness without belittling him or making him feel inadequate? Okay, that's a lot of work right there. I mean a lot. And it's not your responsibility to fix a man. That's not your job. But you can encourage him, you can build him up. You can stroke his ego, that sort of thing. And it's perfectly fine. In having said all of that, for you to want what you want out of a man, that's okay too. It's great that you have higher standards. I mean, and I could tell you're a good woman because you care, You've gone to therapy, you've worked on yourself, You're willing to help you man and elevate him to greatness. All that is wonderful to you. And there are a lot of good men out there. But there also are a lot of to use your term, low vibrational loving men and women in the world today.
Speaker 1: You know that low.
Speaker 13: Energy, that sad energy, low self esteem, energy going nowhere, just bad energy. Okay, But again, there are a lot of good men out there. If that's all you're running into, these kind of low vibrational kind of guys, then you're going to have to do something different than what you've been doing. You got to change your circle, you know, go different places, try a new type of dating, app et cetera. The kind of man you want would not allow you to pay his child support, let alone dinner and his bills and all of that. I mean, I just say, don't give up. You said it in your letter. There are some good black men out there, so just be patient, Steve.
Speaker 7: Let me just go and get into it. You divorced and you're dating again, so you have some baggage.
Speaker 2: But to the city. Yourself healed after counseling.
Speaker 7: But then you say, but God does have a sense of humor, and God ain't through this though.
Speaker 2: See, God gives us all the power of choice.
Speaker 7: It is the choices that we make that put us in a predicaments or situations that we find ourselves in. God didn't tell you to call either one of these men. God didn't tell you to pick one of them. You didn't even ask God. You went on the date app and you did what you wanted to do.
Speaker 2: This is you. God don't have a sense.
Speaker 7: Of humor, but he does want to have a relationship with you where you confide in him about things. Now, you got over this divorce, which congratulations, and you went to therapy, so you didn't bring the baggage.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 7: Then after you got yourself here, you quit talking to God because you fixed now, so you ain't asking him to help you find the man. You went out there to find one yourself. The Bible says, when a man find that the wife, he find it the good thing. So now while you out there husband hunting, good luck. That ain't what you do. That ain't your job finding a husband. Lord, have mercy, good luck lady. Anyway, So you decided to dating app and you've matched up with a guy that listened to this, that looks great on paper.
Speaker 2: But has some issue with his finances. Okay, so what paper were talking about?
Speaker 7: He looked good on the dating app paper, but on the credit app. We ain't gonna be able to rent this apartment. He ain't gonna ever get that car, so we ain't gonna have nowhere to live and we can't drive off. No, well, well let's see why am I sitting here talking to him?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 7: You say I don't mind meeting the man halfway with the bills. See right there, stop all that. If you're gonna have high expectations, have them.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying you ain't supposed to chip in, because that's what a marriage is. It's chipping in. So I applaud you with your willingness to do that. But you want to meet him halfway with the bills, But i'd have to pay our bills and his child support. Really, that don't sound like fun to me.
Speaker 9: Anyway.
Speaker 7: But if I got serious with this guy, you'd have to pay the bills that. I can't fault a man for having baggage. But I also don't have to take a fixer upper.
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 7: But when I come back, I will get into this letter with you. And you said, I just don't think God will put me through that again. But see, you didn't ask God about this man, though, dig you you picked him on your own.
Speaker 13: Hang on, Steve, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. The today's Strawberry Letter subject is low vibrational loving.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 8: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 13: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject low vibrational loving.
Speaker 7: This woman's divorce, got on the dating scene, went to counseling, got herself fixed up. She says, she's healed no baggage from an ex husband, and so she started dating. Met a great guy that looked good on paper, but his finances was raggedy. So the paper she was looking at was the online dating app. Who gonna put some incriminating information on a dating app? Nobody? Everybody looked good on Daton app. Good looking guy, sharp, young, in shape, just like you like it. Yeah, but y'all got some issues with the finances. Now, you don't mind meeting the man halfway? I'd applaud you for that. But if I got serious about this guy to have to pay our bills and his child support. Oh so you got to take care of me. So you got to pay our bills, which means your bills, his bill and his child support.
Speaker 2: How does a good ass dear who signs up for this?
Speaker 7: But see, you went out husband hunting, and this is what happened when you go husband hunting once again. Like I said before, I know y'all think scriptures is old fashioned and stuff, but this stuff been around for a long time and it still hold true. The Bible says when a man find that the wife, he finds it the good thing. It don't say when a woman go out to find a husband, she can find a good thing. You are not hunters, is not what you do.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: It's okay to put yourself on these apps. It's okay to date, and it's okay, to show them that you're available. But if you're out there hunting for one, that ain't what you do. You're uncomfortable hunting. You don't know how to hunt. Most hunters, if you go to bass Pro Shopping, my favorite store in the world, When you go to Bass Pro Shops, they have a women's section.
Speaker 2: It ain't a big ast the men's section though.
Speaker 7: Most hunters are men. Women hunt, but most hunters are men. That's some women who are really really great hunters, but the vast majority of men sitting up in them trees, shooting deers and ducks, going bad hunting and wild bowl hunting.
Speaker 2: Mostly men. Okay, so here we go.
Speaker 7: Now, I don't think God would put me through that again because you don't want to have a fixer upper.
Speaker 2: But you picked this guy, not God.
Speaker 7: Remember, you didn't go to God for this. You was going to God to get over your husband. Then after that you got healed, you went out there and start making decisions on your own. So now you want to know why God would send you through this, and what's up with all this low vibrational love in this new general. I'm thirty four years old and it's hard to meet a man in my age range that's successful and ready to settle down. Right here, it is hard to find a thirty four year old man that's successful. That's a true statement. They are out there, but all the way successful at thirty four. I was nowhere near very successful at thirty four, but I was on my way. I had a plan you may not want to fix or upper. But most men at this level from are just a few decisions away from becoming successful.
Speaker 2: They need a woman. Most men do.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying you can't be successful without a woman, because there's a lot of men in the music business and the pro athletes and sign the contract and you can be successful. Hard to be great without a woman, though most great men in history have had women by these side. It's just hard to be great without a man. I ain't got time to explain it to you. Just take my word for it. But now, anyway, thirty four years old, it is hard to find a man that's successful and ready to settle down. Because just like you all have a biological clock that's ticking, and around thirty you want to start having kids and make it all that, we got a financial clock and we don't really get it to ticket until our late twenties and thirties, after we'd have messed up all of our twenties party and hanging out, running around trying to figure it out. So, yes, it's hard, but they are out there. What you need to find is a thirty four year old man that's headed somewhere. He might not be there, but he's headed somewhere. Then you want to attach yourself to that wagon. He may not be a fixer upper, but he needs.
Speaker 2: Some fix it just like you do.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everybody needs fixing. Like Marjorie is everything that I'm not.
Speaker 2: She's that.
Speaker 7: So she helps me be a better version of me because she's what I'm not and I needed that. We're seventeen years in now see, and that's comes from getting somebody. And when she met me, I was successful. I was broken up pretty bad. They had done a number on me, but she came along and came in there and got in the trenches with me and made it work. I've been on first dates and had to pay for my meal and the guys expect me to pursue him. I prefer strong minded man that he don't have to be rich. That's good, but he needs to have a plan. That's exactly what I said to you. Well, now you know that, what is you picking these other men? You see what I'm saying. You can't know this and then overlook this. Now the dude that needs you to pay his bills and his child support? What plan he got? He just told it to you. I need you to pay these bills and his child's support. You can't hit yourself to that wagon. I work with a few married men and my age, and they seem to be on the right path. So I knew good blinking black men out that they are. Some women are accepting of low income, vibrational bare minimum from a man, and that makes it hard for women with the higher standards.
Speaker 2: Know it, don't know it? Don't?
Speaker 7: You just got to stay away from those types of men. It's easy to find out. I ask some questions anyway, I want to meet a man that's on my level. But if I can't, how do I help guide a man to greatness without belooking him on making him feel inadequate?
Speaker 2: That's an easy question for me to ask. You know how you do that?
Speaker 7: You don't belittle him and you don't make him feel inadequate.
Speaker 2: Tada.
Speaker 13: All right, Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 13: That's Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. Download it today free. Never sounded so good. Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour at Sports Talk with Junior. Right after this, you're.
Speaker 8: Listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 13: All right, it is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got Junior?
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm gona tell you, Zach what I guess sure is. The NFL season is here. You know, I'm gonna have him come over. They canna watch the game. But I'm gonna tell you right now. These are the NFL season rules at my house. And I mean this first rule rule number one, two game, maximum game. You gotta watch two gays, then you gotta go.
Speaker 1: You can come and watch the one o'clock game, hey, real time one o'clock game, and the four o'clock game.
Speaker 12: After that seven o'clock you gotta be gone, or you can come at three and leave it ten.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: You ain't here all day though, yes, call her. I'm gonna say, isn't it a Sunday night game.
Speaker 12: But you gotta come at at three o'clock to catch the Sunday night game. You get to watch the I mean the four o'clock game, and then you can watch the seven o'clock game, which is a Sunday night game.
Speaker 14: But you get a two game as the first two and be out.
Speaker 12: You gotta go to hear another one. If I catch asleep, then you gotta leave. Don't bring your marital problems over here for some rest. That's what's wrong, because you ain't getting no rest. No see you coming over here trying to sleep.
Speaker 2: I know what you're doing.
Speaker 12: You're not finna get that. You're not getting rest over here. You catch asleep, you gotta go. When my team got the ball, I need everybody quiet. Oh yes I am. Don't say nothing. We're struggling as it is. When the Texas got the ball, don't say nothing. We're struggling as it is. I'm to tell her when my team got the ball, everybody got to be quiet here.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, hold on, what Steve hard what yeah?
Speaker 7: What Texans chances or winning the Super Bowl. There's one in twenty thousand to one in twenty thousand. You're damn right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be quiet when you get We don't see if you know how.
Speaker 12: To play, he'll go another you go. Another rule I have in my house in the NFL season, bring what you drank to the house because.
Speaker 1: When you run out, you out.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm telling you right now, Junior, got something to drink water, go over there and get it out the refrigerator.
Speaker 1: Yo, go go ahead, go ahead, like Steve.
Speaker 7: If you're a Texans fan, you're gonna need to bring a lot of drinks.
Speaker 9: Here we go, here go another route.
Speaker 3: Keep your kids at home.
Speaker 12: This is not a field trip for them to come visit Uncle Junior. Okay, I'll tell you right now. If it's your weekend to keep the kids, your ass can't come. That's all him to watch the gamete.
Speaker 9: Yeah, can't, can't do that.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, up.
Speaker 7: Ain't no need of bringing your kids over there and learn by losing.
Speaker 12: Okay, youre going another one, and that's one of the rules.
Speaker 1: Is very important. Okay.
Speaker 12: All cell phone call must be taken outside.
Speaker 1: Ain't none words than trying to watch the game.
Speaker 2: Somebody tell me, yeah was that what?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, we're all here, Joe, how right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's okay, a call come through yet not a car.
Speaker 1: We on know call.
Speaker 21: Go ahead on all right, Junior, they're gonna show you coming up at.
Speaker 1: The top of the hour.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a person someone needs some social media advice, Steve. Her ex husband is constantly calling her. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 8: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 13: So Steve Matt from Steve Harvey FM says, I just started seeing a girl and she's absolute magic.
Speaker 1: I just love being with her.
Speaker 13: The only issue so far is how attached she still seems to be with her ex husband. They've been divorced for a year, and every time we go out he's calling her to see how she's doing and how things are going. Sometimes she'll be on the phone for thirty minutes. I don't want to tell her how to live or who she can talk to, but wtf.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I think, man, maybe she's still, as you say, attached, and you have the right to ask that, and you could just have it in the form of a conversation, just say, hey, listen, I notice you spent a lot of time talking to your ex.
Speaker 2: I'm really looking for something serious here.
Speaker 7: I was really trying to find me somebody that you know I could have something real with. I just want to know if that's what you're ready for, if you're not ready to actually date right now, and just tell me that, because I thank you magical, I love you being with you. But I'm really kind of feeling a little bit uneasy because I think you just seemed to me like you might not be ready just for the deal is And just ask her.
Speaker 1: Though, and expect her to tell the truth.
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all got problem with that?
Speaker 1: I'm asking.
Speaker 2: It's the question. I mean, y'all are lovers of.
Speaker 1: Truth, and so you want her to tell the truth to you.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I'm just you can ask her, you know. Yeah, she's probably gonna lie. Yeah. Now we just cod you know, we got a light now. If they ain't got no kids, I don't know what all.
Speaker 2: Is talking for.
Speaker 1: Separation anxiety.
Speaker 7: I'm just calling check on you, see how you're doing. You know, he could still be in love with her, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 13: Okay, here's another one. We have time for Lasagnya who writes. I work in the small office with eleven other people, five of whom are women. The woman that has the desk next to mine and I are very friendly with one another, and she's super nice, but a bit dizzy. She also dresses very provocative, provocatively, and I know the other people in the office talk about her behind her back. I'm not sure if she really cares, or maybe she's unaware, But I like her enough that I want to try and help her to fit in better.
Speaker 1: Is this wrong of me?
Speaker 13: Should I just let her be who she is and not tell her how other people in our office see her. I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings, but I feel like she needs some guidance.
Speaker 7: Okay, go ahead, go ahead, what go ahead and tell her what you think. Yeah, don't go start guiding. See how that work out for you. You're gonna find out one or two things. What she don't appreciate it, or she don't appreciate you trying to guide her. And you'll know the next day because the outfit will be tighter and.
Speaker 21: Shall shorter, giving it to the people what they want to have it.
Speaker 2: You don't like what I got on watch, I'm telling you, I'm telling you right now, watch this.
Speaker 14: Which one said that's what I wanted? I know it ain't Rolando. They've been talking about what I'm wearing. I know it ain't huh. That's who said something about me? Which one was it that said something about what I'm waaring?
Speaker 1: Who is though she can't tell you that?
Speaker 5: Who told her?
Speaker 14: She the hell in the office then said something about what I'm waining.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean it is a little you know, sexy for office.
Speaker 14: A lot of okay, okay, cool, I'm coming to the marrow without my damn brown.
Speaker 9: That's what I went through them.
Speaker 1: Don't be different.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 14: I ain't gonna be able to get this throng high. No, but watch how ab up when it's throng tomorrow. That's too much.
Speaker 12: Well for the office at the job, you can talk about what she got home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll tell you.
Speaker 12: We get this team meeting going. I bet you it's gonna be a different conversation. Excuse me, after the stock market numbers?
Speaker 1: Who said what I had on? You guys are no help at all.
Speaker 13: All right, We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after the hour.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 8: Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: That's moving.
Speaker 13: Hurricane Adahlia is a serious storm causing severe flood and wind gus damage. The National Guard has been deployed to Florida, and a state of emergency has been declared in various states in the Southeast. According to NPR, the United States is feeling the effects of climate driven storm. Hotter Earth makes storms more likely to get big and dangerous. The cost of damage from hurricanes is skyrocketed, overwhelmingly, overwhelming emergency agencies, insurance companies, and household budgets, displacing entire neighborhoods and killing people. Remember, scientists recently said that July of this year was the hottest month on Earth.
Speaker 1: Ever. Can you imagine that?
Speaker 16: Ever?
Speaker 13: Go to Redcross dot org if you want to help and find out how you can help these storm victims. Okay, Redcross dot org. This is the time. This is all into August, Yeah, hurricane season. I will never forget the date of Katrina August twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, never forget that. So we know this is that time.
Speaker 2: Of year now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so climate change.
Speaker 9: Right after Katrina won to one? Right after that?
Speaker 1: Oh, so many was it Superstorm Sandy? Wasn't Superstorm standy?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 1: In New York, New York? That was a big destructive storm too.
Speaker 13: So bottom line, y'all listen to local authorities, be prepared evacuate.
Speaker 1: You know the drill. This is every year around this time and again. If you want to help, go to Redcross dot org.
Speaker 13: Coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play another round as we switch gears of Would you rather?
Speaker 1: Right after this?
Speaker 8: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 13: And it's time now guy for a round it would you rather? Would you rather be poor and live a very peaceful life or would you rather have million millions of dollars and leave it?
Speaker 1: Live a life full of drama? Just drama?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hell what what in real time?
Speaker 1: Millions make you handle the drama? A little bitter?
Speaker 9: Over there?
Speaker 2: Sit they ask down, so when mine they home down? Business quick line, We don't even had no damn drumming, all right.
Speaker 7: We could just line up the liars and have they ass set on fire. Not like to die, nothing, just have they butt blow torch. That's I don't know nobody that died. But if we could, every time you told a lie about somebody else, Look, if you lying to get yourself out of situation, you.
Speaker 2: Know I fully supported.
Speaker 7: That one hundred pence sitting behind. You're trying to get out of trouble, not go to jail, save your family, keep from getting busted. I am off of that line. But if you line on somebody else though, blow torch they.
Speaker 13: Ass tell me and jam, I'm thinking you feel the same way of this one.
Speaker 14: The same way I ain't taking. I don't want to take the pole route, churt, if I don't have to take the toe.
Speaker 2: Route, Now take the pole route? Was all right?
Speaker 13: Would you rather be in your twenties all your life while your spouse keeps growing or would you let your spouse be in their twenties while you are growing old?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: And I just grow old because I ain't really like my twenties you're gonna be?
Speaker 1: If that's yeah? You realize that? Yeah, y'all? What what you got Steve Junior?
Speaker 2: You want the woman to stay in the twenties? And you keep going No.
Speaker 12: When I was, I ain't had none, unk, I ain't known nothing the hell I'm gonna do with my twenties?
Speaker 2: Keep what How'm gonna do that?
Speaker 1: Explain me?
Speaker 2: How'm gonna do that?
Speaker 1: What? What's your choice? What woman?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 7: Mum?
Speaker 2: Hmm, gonna stay with you, gonna leave me?
Speaker 12: So you just gonna you're gonna stand your Lenny Martin, what's gonna plain is today?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. My nickname was Jack Rabbit Johnson.
Speaker 9: What to pay something?
Speaker 2: Well, I was something to seeing my spect I'm talking about boy locking lot rip.
Speaker 13: That's today's rounded. Would you rather coming up in? Forty nine minutes after the hour?
Speaker 1: Our last break of the day got with Steve right after you did.
Speaker 8: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 13: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day, last break of the day for the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Today. It's been a good day.
Speaker 9: Herd M Yes, yeah, So you gotta all listen.
Speaker 14: Uh, you're all over social media and this and that. Normally when something like this happened, somebody getting ready to drop an album.
Speaker 9: Are you're finn to drop an album?
Speaker 1: Doct you in the studio?
Speaker 9: Is that you've been in the studio?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 7: That would mean That's an interesting way to look at this because it's like equivalent to.
Speaker 2: What me and my wife was talking about last night.
Speaker 7: Was it seemed like Steve every time God fitting to drop something.
Speaker 2: Huge on us. Something comes out to try to distract us.
Speaker 7: See, so you know, you know you hear like new level, new devil, right, and so it's kind of like that. It's me and Marjorie finning to drop an album.
Speaker 10: And so.
Speaker 1: Up the Lord. Yeah, he the producer on it, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 7: And I'm telling you, man, I kid, y'all not that's really what my clothes remarks was gonna be about, because it's you know, and it gets kind of hard, like okay, for example, like you noticed the other day, I was telling y'all, I said, this is the first time in my life I've really just stopped trying to figure it out and then gave God the will.
Speaker 2: And you drive, y'all. Remember he said that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And it's really really created a point in my life why I'm not as worrisome about tomorrow because I've just decided I'm gonna let God drive. And part of the prayer was, Lord, help me to trust in your timing more and to and to and to and to lean to your understanding and trusting you and only you. That's what I've been praying for. So you know what God does when you ask him for something, He answers to prayer.
Speaker 2: So then he allows some things.
Speaker 7: To happen that now requires you to fully trust in him, because this out of my hands, this out of Marjorie's hands, This ain't got nothing to do with us. This is somebody else out there that want his imps. The thing about the devil is man, he got a lot of imps and they busy twenty four seven.
Speaker 2: And so what didn't happen is in asking God.
Speaker 7: To make sure that I'm more trusting in him and leaning not to my own understanding.
Speaker 2: He allows things to happen and now requires.
Speaker 7: Us to lean on him more and more, trusting his time and more and more because we can't do nothing about this. And so what stopped me from coming out releasing statements and all this here was I actually saw this God on Instagram and I was thumbing through and he said, Man, when God is sending allowing things to happen in your life, you have to trust him.
Speaker 2: Don't fight back.
Speaker 7: Let the Lord fight your battles, because in his due time he will refute all of your enemies. And that goes back to Isaiah fifty four seventeen. No weapon formed against me, show prosper and every tongue that has come out against.
Speaker 2: Us will have to be refuted. And you're gonna watch this.
Speaker 7: So I don't know what album God is doing in our life. I don't know exactly when it's gonna drop. But Stephen Margray Harvey Finish drop a new album and it ain't gonna have no music on it. We're gonna be dancing, but y'all won't be able to hear the music. But we're gonna be dancing. And that is what Tom. I'm glad you asked me that, because that's exactly what's happening in me and my girl's life right now.
Speaker 2: God finish drop an album.
Speaker 7: So now here comes from because see remember this too now, whenever you ask God for something, God ain't the only one that hear your prayer.
Speaker 2: The devil here it too. And I've said this one hundred times.
Speaker 7: The devil's job, only mission is to rob you of your destiny. So if he can distract you, throw you off base, cause you to run out in front of it, make statements, get you all involved, make you climb down off the wall. If the devil can rob you of your destiny by stopping your assent by causing you to climb down off the wall and start blogging and replying and all like that. He has now slowed the assent and he's robbing you of your destiny.
Speaker 2: Well it's not gonna work.
Speaker 7: Because me and my girl we pray all the time, man, and so now we actually see what's happening.
Speaker 2: Now. Do we like it? No? Of course not. Is it aggravating?
Speaker 7: Of course it is to have people lying about you don't even know you making up stuff and just lying and you know, like they got information that.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But like Tommy said Stephen margin Finn to drop album produce executive produced by God himself.
Speaker 2: And so now I don't even know. I don't even know what the album gonna be.
Speaker 7: But I can't wait to see what he's doing right here, because he doing something. He working on my behalf. He putting the album together. He's gonna go platinum, gonna go platinum, Lord have mercy, platinum, probably go diamond.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's three of them. Whoa this might be?
Speaker 7: You know what I really think he doing, Tommy, because this is a big one here.
Speaker 2: I think he's producing the second thriller.
Speaker 7: God is producing to Marjorie and Steve Harvey Thriller Helpi coming to you, Sue, stay soon, because when you get through, we still gonna be shine. That was my clothes remarks today. Thank you, nephew. Hey y'all have a good day. Talk to God today. He loved to hear from you. Don't call me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be fishing.
Speaker 13: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show