Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Hi, kids, it's me Trevor Noah.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I know it's really hard during this pandemic to learn anything from a TV or a computer.
Speaker 1: Heck, it's hard for adults.
Speaker 2: A lot of them try to learn things online and the next thing you know, they're storming the capitol. But I wanted to help, so I asked the team here at The Daily Show to help put together a lesson plan for you, guys, and not just any lesson, but the lessons you won't learn in school, but that you need to know before life teaches them to you the hard way. My friends at the show agreed to help because they're all under contract. So without further ado, please enjoy The Daily Show's special presentation Remotely Educational.
Speaker 4: Oh hey, kids, welcome to geography class. What's the capital of Mozambique? I don't know, Google that shit. I am going to teach you geography you won't learn in school, but need to know. Like today's lesson, who Hates Who? That's something you gotta know. If your cab driver is Serbian, you can't be talking about that trip you took the Croatia.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get your.
Speaker 4: Ass thrown out on the street. So I'm gonna tell you who hates who around the globe. But I'm not gonna get into why, because I know I'll get one little thing wrong and then both of them gonna be mad at me. And I don't want Kurtags standing my mentions. Yeah, they'll go already. Okay, let's begin. Chinese and Japanese hate each other. Indians and Pakistanis can't stand each other. Vietnamese and Cambodians do not want to be in the same room at all. Turks and Armenians hate each other. Turks and Greeks also hate each other. Turks and Curds they hate each other too. Honestly, Turkey is the Niemi Leaks of Europe. They always at the center of some shit. You got the Russians and the Chechenians. They always arguing. Hungarians and Roma Deacon the Newer, the Irish and the British Scots and the British English and the British. Honestly, that whole island hate itself. Ghana and Nigeria. Now, from what I understand about this beef, this one is mostly about rice. See, here's the thing Nigerians think Ghaneian rice tastes like concrete, and Ghanaians think Nigerian rice is a bigger international crime than their email scams. Fortunately, centuries of colonialism have made both countries too poor to afford the NUK, so it don't really matter that much. Iranians in the Saudis Saudis and Nahutis Saudis and the Qataris Saudis and the Israelis, although now they're becoming friends because they both hate the Iranians more. In a way, Iran is really bringing the Middle East together. You got the Sudan and South Sudan, North Korea and South Korea. Matter of fact, if there's two countries with the same name, they definitely hate each other. And then of course you've got the Israelis and the Palestinians. I said, I'm not getting into it. God damn all right, let's wrap this up last beef America and everybody else. Yeah, that's right, I'm gonna give it to you straight kids. Every other country hates us.
Speaker 5: They all hate us.
Speaker 4: Some of them we invaded, some of them, We overthrew most of them, we bomb some of them we saved from the Nazis. So I don't know why they mad.
Speaker 5: But it is what it is.
Speaker 4: The game is the game. But that leads me to my tip of the day. Kids, if you ever travel abroad, do what I do. Pretend you're Canadian. Hell yeah, you put that maple leaf on your head right there, man. Cause See, here's the thing. If it's one country that nobody hates, it's Canada. Be honest, I don't know what that's all about, but I'm gonna make it work for me. That's it for today, kids, See you next time in geography class.
Speaker 6: Hi, kids, welcome to Miss Desi's Math for real life. Calculus is cool and all, but if you're part of the ninety nine percent of adults who don't become math teachers, you'll want to learn some math that you won't learn in school. Now, there are two times normal adults use math, tipping your waiter twenty percent.
Speaker 1: This is only eight percent.
Speaker 6: And buying a home. Buying a home is like getting married. It's a huge decision and you're only going to do it one to four times in your life. Lucky for you, I'm a licensed real estate agent like one third of adults in America, so I can help you through this big decision. Step one, determine your budget. Usually to buy a house, you'll need to put twenty percent of the price as a down payment. So for a five hundred thousand dollars house, you'll need to have one hundred thousand dollars in savings. But you only have three thousand dollars. Don't worry, we'll figure that out later. Let's move on to the fun part. Step two, Find a house. Look at all these beautiful houses.
Speaker 7: I'm a Victorian, I'm midcentury Modern, and we're tweens.
Speaker 6: But you can't afford any of these houses. Oh wait, but what about that one on the end over there, and that looks nice.
Speaker 8: I'm only affordable because a murder happened in me and I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 5: My walls will never be clean.
Speaker 6: In real litters speak, we call this character. So let's put an offer. In Step three, put in an offer. An offer is the price you tell the seller you're willing to pay for the house. Let's offer seven hundred and fifty K contingent on inspection. I think that's good. Ew they counted at two million last and final. I know it's more than we talked about, but I suggest we take it. There's a Saudi shell company right behind you, ready to pay all cash, just a quick thing. I'm paid on commission, so it's really important to me that you buy this house, but not really important to me that you can afford it.
Speaker 9: So you'll accept.
Speaker 6: Congrats on to step four under contract. Once you've signed the initial contract. Now it's time to send a forest worth of paperwork to the bank. They'll need paystuffs. Bank statements W two is a credit report, a letter from your employer and your parents addressed. Because somebody's going to pay for this house, will you fill all that out? Let's get the house inspected. Hello, mister wrench, how's the house looking?
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, it's falling apart. You got black bold.
Speaker 9: The furnace is shot and the septic system needs to be replaced.
Speaker 6: That's right, the septic system. I bet you didn't know. This house has a big tub of shit under it. It's right next to the well. Step five closing day. Once the bank approves your paperwork, you signed the final contracts with the previous owner and the bank, and you own the house. Specifically, you own twenty percent of the house. The rest belongs to the bank, oh, which reminds me, meet Marty the mortgage.
Speaker 3: Where's my money?
Speaker 9: You better have it by the first of a month.
Speaker 5: Oh you ass we'll be out in the street.
Speaker 9: I don't give a crap if it's winter.
Speaker 6: So remember to pay your mortgage and be happy because you're living the American dream.
Speaker 3: You own a home.
Speaker 6: In that map class.
Speaker 10: How business works. This is a factory. It's where we make the products we use. At the loading dock, raw materials arrive to start the process. Inside, workers do specialized jobs on the assembly line. In the office, managers plan how to move the whole operation overseas. These talks spell over into stake dinners, where difficult choices are made. This is the new, cheaper factory in Cambodia, with increased profits. Shareholders and executives are able to buy yachts, artwork, narcotics, politicians, and memberships in sadistic sex cults. Through this process, America's business leaders keep the country running while turning old factories in the loft departments for their adult children who do filmmaking, photography, and other fake things. This process will be repeated until the system collapses, leaving us scavenging for berries and potable water. And that is how business works.
Speaker 6: Today's show was brought to you by the letters m M K MK ultra with a CIA mind control project that illegally experimented on humans to identify substances that could coerce people into making confessions.
Speaker 11: MK.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome to science class.
Speaker 12: Today we're gonna talk about animals, and I know you kids are like the fancy animals. Okay, but stop being so thirsty for hippos because unless you're a Columbian drug lord, you're never gonna own one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 12: Instead, today we're gonna talk about the animals you'll actually encounter the ones that will infest your house. Animals like the fruit fly. This is a mild infestation as far as the intects go. Fruitflies are pretty chill. They are like most Brooklyn hipsters, very picky eaters, and they have zero upper body strength. Also, they do it doggy style. Who knew anyway? Getting rid of them is pretty straightforward to stop leaving powers of rotting fruitling around.
Speaker 4: Duh.
Speaker 12: The worst infestation is bedbugs. Much like Armie Hammer, they feed on human blood. Getting rid of bed bugs is almost impossible, So if you get them, the best solution is to just leave, walk out of the door.
Speaker 3: Style new life like Mighty Cyrus.
Speaker 12: People think Hannahontanna is a character, but it was just who she was until she got bedbugs. Next up, ladybugs, or as scientists call them, women bugs. This is maybe the best infestation you can have. They don't really do anything, and for bugs, they look pretty. They're like beetles that just got their nails done. But enough about insects. Let's move on to mammals, specifically mice, the freeloader rodents, And to be clear, not all rodents are freeloaders.
Speaker 3: Just look at squirrels.
Speaker 12: They're like small business owners hustling out there renting storagelockers for their nuts. But mice just want your food now. Mice like to come into your home because it's nice and cozy. That's why the best way to deter them is to make your home cold and inhospitable, like a Scandinavian's. If you do have mice, you'll know because they take these little shits in your house that look exactly like chocolate tic TACs, But they are not chocolate tic tacks. That's a lesson I learned many many times. Finally, the King of pasts raccoons. Raccoons evolved millions of years ago.
Speaker 3: When a bear a monkey.
Speaker 12: Of course, I'm just kidding. Science doesn't actually know where they came from. Mostly, they just go through your garbage looking for food and anything that can sell on eBay. The how nature recycles. You have to be careful around raccoons. They're one of the primary carriers of rabies, a virus that makes animals act like that from New Jersey. If you see a raccoon foaming at the mouth, do not go near it with a cow zone.
Speaker 3: It will fight you for it.
Speaker 12: So yeah, those are all the animals you actually need to know about. I hope you found this educational. Now, if you excuse me, I'm gonna enjoy some of these chocolate tic TACs I just found.
Speaker 3: Oh damn it. Okay, well, i'll see you guys next week maybe this one. No no, no, that was pooh too.
Speaker 13: All right, everybody, it's time for gym class. It's also time for sex ed, which is taught by gym teachers for some reason. Let's get right into it, shall we. Sex These days, the Internet is going to give you the wrong idea about sex that it's fun.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not.
Speaker 13: When you're single, getting lucky isn't having sex, it's getting a clean blood test six weeks later. And when you're married, it's not much better. She's more interested in her haitacha personal massager from Brookstone, and you're so desensitized by porn that you can't get things going unless you imagine she's a mermaid. But with legs. Hey, let's get towny jumpy jacks going hit me. If you're in the feet, that's kind of cool because you can just go to the beach.
Speaker 14: Grandpa Loo, I'm Jilly, I'm nine years and one day I'm to be president of the United States.
Speaker 1: Well, first off, don't call me grandpa kid. Secondly, no, you're not.
Speaker 11: You'll have to wait until you're thirty five, and this country's not gonna be around that long.
Speaker 1: But if you like throwing your weight around and holding the fate of people in.
Speaker 11: The palm of your hand, why not enter the exciting field the reality show judges, But there's voting. People respect your opinion even though you have no clue what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: And the best part is you'll never have to eat a corn dog in Fiowa, so be that instead. I commanded, Grandpa Lou, animals.
Speaker 14: I have a dog and a cat now, and my dream job when I love is to help them by becoming a veteranaria.
Speaker 11: Again, it's not Grandpa Lou, it's guidance counseling Lou. And unfortunately, vegetable can cost over three hundred grand. It will take you decades to pay off because people love their pets.
Speaker 1: But they love their money more.
Speaker 11: I'm not taking out a second mortgage to fix muffins thyroid. Lucky for you, it's a cheaper way to work with animals without all the hassle. The Russian Circus an unregulated paradise of animal performers.
Speaker 1: You'll get to treat all kinds of furry friends, from endangered species.
Speaker 11: Sold on the black market to a panda that you're pretty sure is actually just a dog painted black and white.
Speaker 1: And you've only got to care for bears. You could wrestle them. What a treat. I'm gonna sign you up, Grandpa Loo.
Speaker 7: I'm Kylie, and when I grew up, I want to be an astronaut.
Speaker 1: That's a great career choice.
Speaker 11: I mean, to be an astronaut, you have to be an expert in math and science, and if you're trapped in the American educational system, you've got no chance at that. So I suggest you try for another job that will let you enjoy the majesty of space. And I share at a planetarium. You get to experience distant worlds.
Speaker 1: Just do that instead, All right, last kid, I am getting second ship.
Speaker 12: Mister Black.
Speaker 11: I'm Olivia, and I want to become a mid level account representative for a marketing company. Now that's a career choice. You don't need any advice from me, Olivia. You get what life's all about.
Speaker 1: Set a realistic goal, achieve it.
Speaker 11: And spend your week weekends drinking Margarita's and chilis. All right, Well, that's enough correcting kids, hopeless dreams. Until next time. Goodbye from Grandpa. I mean guidance counsel. Loot damn it now they got me doing it.
Speaker 6: What is the fastest land mammal? A horse B cheetah, CE congressman leaving a hotel at four am, D gazelle the answer after the break? What is the fastest land mammal? The answer is see. While cheetahs can reach seventy five miles an hour, A properly intoxicated congressman can drive from a crime scene at twice that speed.
Speaker 7: Hey kids, Hey, we're gonna learn about commerce, and we're gonna do it with some help from my friend smuggly smuggling.
Speaker 9: I want to buy an action.
Speaker 7: Figure collectible from the new Robo Dinosaur movie. I'm not sure if I have enough money. If I have four quarters and ten dimes, can you tell me how much that's worth?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got scrap metal.
Speaker 9: No, it's money.
Speaker 5: That's called fiat money. The future is crypto. You gotta get into bitcoin.
Speaker 9: Bitcoin.
Speaker 7: Isn't that the money you use to buy synthetic marijuana from the Philippines.
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, no, no, no, no, no, I mean yes, but not just dead. You can buy all kinds of things with bitcoin, like.
Speaker 9: A robo dinosaur collectible.
Speaker 5: Sure, you can buy any dumb toy you want.
Speaker 9: Well, technically it's not a toy. It's a collectivele you see.
Speaker 8: Bitcoin is a semi anonymous digital currency with transactions recorded in an open ledger. Store it online in what's called the blockchain.
Speaker 9: Ooh, blockchain like legos.
Speaker 5: Legos Jesus Christ a lego. Okay, let me start at the beginning. Give me a dollar Okay, Now what is this dollar bill? Worth?
Speaker 3: One dollar?
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, which is worth wiping my puppet ass with? What?
Speaker 9: Oh longly, that's my dollar?
Speaker 8: Yeah, relax man, every dollar bill has been in someone's ass. The point is it comes from a central bank which can just print them out of thin air. That's called inflation, and that's why thirty years ago a bottle of Lambrusko only costs five dollars and now I'm paying like fifteen.
Speaker 5: That's how we robbery.
Speaker 9: So how does bitcoin fix all this?
Speaker 8: Well, it's hard capped to twenty one million bitcoins, so there's no inflation, and the only way to find those twenty one million is through mining.
Speaker 9: Mining, so bitcoins come from the ground.
Speaker 8: Oh not that kind of mining, Jesus. This is why I didn't want to work on a kid's show. But oh, a puppet can't work a trading desk at Goldman. That's discrimination.
Speaker 9: Should you really be mixing pills and wine like that? That's how Prince died?
Speaker 15: Okay, All you need to know is that you and all the other kids out there better make the leaf to bitcoin as soon as you can.
Speaker 8: Kids, I'm forty one, forty one and you're trying to buy a toy dinosaur suite, baby James.
Speaker 5: I thought you just had like a hormone in balance of some.
Speaker 9: Typically it's a collectible.
Speaker 7: And look, if I want to buy one of these bitcoins, how much does it cost?
Speaker 5: Well, that depends on the market rate and what someone will take for it.
Speaker 8: Right now, they're worth a lot more than a toy dinosaur toy dinosaur Buddy. For one bitcoin, I could pay Barney to watch me baby bop his wife sounds.
Speaker 9: Like I better get a bitcoin.
Speaker 7: It's the money of the future unless the power or internet access goes out. And the risk of being decentralized means if someone gets ConTroll of fifty one percent of the blockchain, they mail to the ledger. And of course the deflation problem, because why would anyone use bitcoin to buy things if it keeps getting more valuable. Hey, you may not be able to print new bitcoins, but anyone can make new cryptos.
Speaker 9: So bitcoin could be made.
Speaker 7: Obsolete through competition, or the government could just decide to.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 9: I shout a couple thoughts off the top of my head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are those are good points.
Speaker 8: That's why the safest thing to do is to diversify and to put your money into other things like what, Well, while you were talking, I about this collectible dinosaur.
Speaker 9: Okay, well that's what I wanted to buy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. There's clearly a demand and that's what makes it valuable in the market.
Speaker 9: Why don't you let me buy that off you?
Speaker 5: Well, you can bid for it on any bay with all the rest of the man's children.
Speaker 9: That's a dick move.
Speaker 5: That's commerce for your kids.
Speaker 14: Ah, Hi, little friends, it's me, do'll say. And today we're gonna learn how the government works. Now, most civics classes will teach you about the President and Supreme.
Speaker 16: Court and Congress and blah blah blah. But you don't need to know any of that.
Speaker 14: Hell, the biggest thing Congress does for you is flood your inbox every fifteen minutes. The future of the world depends on me sending ten bucks to some dumbass in Rhode Island. I'm gonna tell you about the parts of the government you'll meet and real life. Let's start with the TSA. That's the part of the government in charge of feeling you up and confiscating your little shampoo bottles filled with hennessy. Here are the tip kids, always drink your booze before you get on the flight. And do you know how the TSA gets.
Speaker 16: Away with harassing us like this? It's because the men.
Speaker 3: That's so damn fun.
Speaker 14: Next, we've got the irs. You know how the mafia collects protection money. This is sort of like the same thing. You see, Whatever you make, the government wants a taste, and the irs are the guys who come to get it. But don't worry, the government will use that money for important things like drones and studies to see if they can grow corn.
Speaker 16: On the sun. Next the FBI.
Speaker 14: Unless you're mobbed up, you're probably not gonna hear much from these guys. They're busy working on a backlog of cases from people who copy the VHS tape in nineteen eighty seven. Because if there's one thing the FEDS hate more than al Cata, it's bootlegs of dirty dancing. There's also the CIA. They're the ones selling drugs in your community. Let's move on to the judiciary, or as I call it, courtship. No matter who you are, you're gonna be in a life long battle.
Speaker 16: Against the justice system.
Speaker 14: For some of you, it'll be avoiding jail, but for most of you it'll be avoiding churry duty. Court is also where you go to get married, and where you go back to to get divorced, and where you defend yourself against grand theft auto chargers because he says the forty four was his, but you would have won making the payments.
Speaker 16: And speaking of cars, let's move on to the DMV. That's where you go to renew your license.
Speaker 14: You'll wait in a long ass line next to all the weirdest people who live in your county.
Speaker 16: In fact, I'm in a DMV line right now.
Speaker 14: After this, I'm heading over to the State Department, because that's where you get your passport, the document that has the smallest worst picture you've ever taken. Oh, don't worry, you only have to look at it for ten years. What else, Oh, the Department of Education. They're in charge of teaching you the basics, like where to hide during.
Speaker 16: A school shooting.
Speaker 14: Other than that, they don't teach you shit, which is why I'm here teaching you on my day off. They could have more funding, but America needs that money for the Defense Department. They're the ones out there enforcing the American Empire. So you can maintain your way of life.
Speaker 16: Oh y'all. Didn't think I was gonna get real, did you.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 14: If you're a mail over the age of eighteen, the military will make you register for the draft, but.
Speaker 16: Not if you're a woman. And that's fine with me.
Speaker 14: I'm the kind of feminist that wants to be a CEO, not a gunnery sergeant. And that's basically most of government you interact with. There's other agencies.
Speaker 1: You got the.
Speaker 14: EPA, FEMA, the deep state, but we'll get to them another time. Right now, I gotta go get my license.
Speaker 17: How to be a journalist. Journalism is an incredibly important profession, according to most journalists, and it's easier than ever To be a journalist. You just have to be the son of a journalist, or the son of a journalist, or the son of a journalist, or the son of a journalist, or the son of a politician, or the daughter of a politician, or the daughter of a politician, or the of a politician, or the daughter of a politician, or the son of a Vanderbilt Ask your parents and fee.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: That is our special Thank you so much for watching. I hope we all learn something. I know I learned much too late that none of this is tax deductible. Unbelievable anyway, Join us next time when we learn about green energy subsidies from the Cayman Islands plus dismissed.
Speaker 6: This episode of Remotely Educational was made possible by the support of viewers like you, and also by north Starballistics, Train in Strategic Defense, Black Ocean, Armored, Iron Globe Partners, Permanent Fource Solutions, Obsidian Ring, and Kitty Casual, a subsidiary of Scorpius Heavy Industries.
Speaker 11: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show.
Speaker 5: Wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 13: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central.
Speaker 11: On Comedy Central, and streamful of episodes anytime on Fairmouse Bluffs.
Speaker 5: This has been a Comedy Central podcast