Speaker 1: Wake Up, Wake up?
Speaker 2: Why you guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk toll.
Speaker 3: Heitlas Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 1: Maybe like from the Black Mothership in New York City. It's DJ YMV and Charlamagne to God. It's different, you know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y'all talking about. Thank y'all, bees last time. I love y'all. Collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: So I'm always.
Speaker 5: Nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you.
Speaker 1: Say stuff and it's just gonna get you. Everybody what.
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 1: The USA yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo CHARLAMAGNEA God Thas to the Planet is Tuesday. Yes, it's Tuesday, and we got a special guest host with us from uh Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 1: Dallas? Are you a Cowboys fan?
Speaker 5: You know I'm gonna be honest. I'm from Louisiana or something.
Speaker 1: Not all right? We got a little d what what's good?
Speaker 5: I hope you're having a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: Every morning, Little Den.
Speaker 5: I feel great, been up since two so early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not prep.
Speaker 5: I gotta get my coffee in and then I gotta use the bathroom so that I can be good and energized. There you go down and upright and empty.
Speaker 1: Empty, all right. You gotta make sure you're empty.
Speaker 5: You feel me? You got to size you know what.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it now was everybody's weekend this weekend?
Speaker 8: Oh man, I had a great weekend doing not a damn thing. Watching college football. That's what that's that's that's what my weekend was been doing. Laying on the couch, cuddling with the babies, watching college football. And you know, for for a lot of people, their kids have already gone back to school, especially down south. For us, our kids start going back to day in tomorrow. Yeah, today and tomorrow, you know, so today and Thursday. For me, I'm not gonna sit here and act like I was doing any prep for that either. Nope, you know, but here we are. Yeah, what about you, little day.
Speaker 5: I met a guy from New York over the weekend. He was homeless, and it just got to Dallas, right and he was like, we're the next gas station. I was like, go up to the traffic like whatever. He's like, what's your name, and I'm like, hey, bro, I'm in the middle of jogging. I take off. You know what He told me, Hey go do some squats. Wow, mad Wow, I want you to not I do twenty squats today.
Speaker 1: First of all, what was he trying to tell you? That you're like?
Speaker 5: That made me? Said, because I'm really working on it. I have the cuff and everything. It looks better when I'm naked, but you can see it through closed.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we got here. I don't know how. I don't know where we're going. But it's a little tea ladies and get Jesus all.
Speaker 5: Right, here's from New York. It was like a nice little welcome. I'm like, damn, y'all, are rude?
Speaker 1: You said?
Speaker 5: He was He had just got to Dallas from New York. It's better to be homeless in Dallas.
Speaker 1: In New York.
Speaker 5: It's cheaper, it's hot, it's one hundred and four.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's hot in Dallas. So the guy just said, hey, how you doing do more squats?
Speaker 5: He asked me where the next gas station was. There was tripping at the one. He was big and outside of and so I was like, go to the traffic light. Up here and then you know, he's trying to slip stuff in. What's your name? And I was like, go up to the light up there at the corner whatever, and he was like, okay, where are you from? Like, hey, bro, I'm in the middle of working. I'm gonna go by. And as I walked off, he looked and he went, hey.
Speaker 4: Go do some squats.
Speaker 9: You know you respond with I did that. You should have respond to something your mother, because you.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't done that.
Speaker 8: We watched the young lady this weekend get a knocked inside her head with a brick, right, you know, for turning some guys down.
Speaker 1: So you can't just hate to say that.
Speaker 8: Women can't just dismiss dudes because they should be able to write. But you know, you got all these brothers out here that got these real fragile lego You never know how that can turn out.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I just give you my number. It's a fake number, but I just give you one so you can get on.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's better than your mother.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna keep a gun. I mean I'm in Texas, not in New York.
Speaker 8: No, you keep a gun on you here in New York. You ain't going back to Dallas no time three years.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, shout to everybody that I wished me birthday wishes I had. But it was my birthday weekend. I had an amazing time Saturday. I was out in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Friday, I was in Jacksonville Sunday, which was my actual birthday.
Speaker 9: You spent the time with the family. So I had a great time. And you know, you ever try to call somebody because you want to prove a point and the person on the answer the phone now called Charlemagne yesterday, right, because I wanted to prove a point, right, I was telling somebody during the interview about Prince when we met Prince, and the person didn't believe me. I'm like, I'm gonna call Charlamagne right now and he's gonna confirm the story.
Speaker 1: Snegga didn't pick up talk to niggas after five o'clock, as you call me. It was before five o'clock. Well it was like four thirty. It was almost five.
Speaker 9: But here on the crest anyway, all right, let's get the show cracking front page news. Teslim figure out will be joining us. We'll talk to her next. It don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast to more VT. Let's go on morning everybody.
Speaker 9: It's DJ Envy, Charlomagne, the guy. We are the breakfast club. We get our guest co host, Little D with us of course from Kay one on four five Dallas.
Speaker 1: What up Jo? All right, let's get in some front page news. Good morning, Test.
Speaker 11: Good morning, dj Envy, Good morning Little D from Dallas. Charlemagne the god heit Lo shout out to Oak from the building.
Speaker 5: That's my hood.
Speaker 1: Now let's start right right.
Speaker 9: We got to congratulate Dion Sanders and this Colorado Buffalo's they upset TSU over the weekend forty five, forty two, and here was Dion after the game.
Speaker 2: We do things that have never been done, and that makes people uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: When you see a confident black man sitting up been.
Speaker 2: Talking and talk, walking and walking, coaching seventy five percent after America's in the lock brow, that's kind of threatening. Hold him like that, But guess what, we gonna consistently do what we do because I'm here and ain't going nowhere, and I'm about to get comfortable in a man.
Speaker 1: I'm about to get comfortable in the man.
Speaker 8: Going to get comfortable with my brother let me tell you something, I love it. If they do what they did on Saturday every week, that's gonna be my favorite team to watch in college football. That offense was explosive on Saturday. You hear me, absolutely, And it's so interesting to watch everybody who had something to say about Deon Sanders leaving, you know, Jackson State all of a sudden beyond Dion Sandy's bandwagon again.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, I don't.
Speaker 8: Listen to people, please, you know I'm saying that said something else than one of those posts up in the post game conference.
Speaker 1: Don't ever listen to the opinions of other people.
Speaker 8: Other people's opinion have nothing to do with you in any way, shape or for because everybody's so damn fickled.
Speaker 9: That's right, and let's jump right in right, Let's talk about these older politicians.
Speaker 12: Yes, Sunday, a Republican presidential candidate, Nikki Hayley advocated for term limits, which I think we all agree on that and mental tests for politicians over the age of seventy five. She says they need to let a younger generation take over. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: It's sad.
Speaker 13: No one should feel good about seeing that, you know, with any more than we should feel good about seeing Dianne Feinstein, any more than we should feel good about a lot of what's happening, or seeing Joe Biden's decline. What I will say is right now, the Senate is the most privileged nursing home in the country. Has done some great things, and he deserves credit. But you have to know when to leave. That is why I'm strongly in supportive term limits in this country. I think that we do need mental competency tests for anyone over the age of seventy five. I wouldn't care if they did them over the age of fifty, but these are people making decisions on our national security. They're making decisions on our economy, on the border. We need to know they're at the top of their game. You can't say that right now.
Speaker 8: Looking at Congress, Niki is absolutely right. She ain't say one damn thing wrong. I've been saying this for the long I'll stop it when she stopped telling the truth. We need term limits, and you know, if you are going to stand, you definitely need mental competency tests over the age of whatever.
Speaker 9: I've been saying this for the longest, and every time I said they said, I'm attacking old people.
Speaker 1: I'm attacking No, but it's not.
Speaker 9: But when you see things like that, like what was the gentleman's froze?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he needs to do twice twice?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then you got seen it the fire Steen ninety years old, she's faced multiple health setbacks.
Speaker 1: Didn't know what she was voting on.
Speaker 8: Nope, you know, Nancy Pelosi's eighty three, Donald Trump's seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Biden is eighty. Like, yeah, we need limits.
Speaker 9: We didn't see might trip up. We didn't see them trip down. We didn't see them fall off a bike. We didn't see them shake hands that's not dead. We didn't see them get sandbag. We didn't see so much.
Speaker 5: When it gets to the point where it's like, like, maybe there should be an age maximum. You know, how do you have to be thirty five to be president? Maybe when you get a certain age, like you are done with politics? No, yeah, if you if you do the term limits, which most Americans agree, it will solve the problem, you know, because if somebody could only stay in for eight years.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 12: Most people don't run for Congress for the first time in their eighties, you know, they usually run in their fifties or sixties. So term limits will solve that, and I think everybody agrees they should have that. On the on the other side of that, just to be clear, the average person in how in the House is fifty seven. The average person in Congress is sixty five. I mean, I'm sorry, incentive, it's sixty five. So term limits will take care of that, also will take care of corruption. It also will take care of people being balked, you know. It also will take care of actually getting policy done. So I like Nikki Hayley. I like the fact that she made sure she included Democrats Republicans in you know, in her comments, so that it was even across the board. And I just think she's she's a smart lady. And she's also going up in the polls as well on the Republican side.
Speaker 8: And we wouldn't be having these conversations if there wasn't obvious cognitive decline. Folks aren't just saying this because these people are older. It's because it's obvious something is wrong, and we can.
Speaker 1: See the reason.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, right, all right, well that is front page news. Now test we'll see in a couple of minutes. Absolutely everybody else get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone line to wide open. Let us know how your weekend was. It was a three day weekend. Did you get a chance to relax.
Speaker 1: Let's call us up. Let us know.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, and little did is our guest host is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Good morning the Breakfast Club. It's this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello, is this yo?
Speaker 6: If you w.
Speaker 1: What something mellow? I here for you in a minute. Everything good life is a minute.
Speaker 15: It is what it should be. I heard Charla Man have the same nickname was.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. That was on your mind early in the morning.
Speaker 15: Hey, hey, you gotta flip the misfortunate and go your fortune. It wasn't on my mind. I just came up with the throne.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna make you a boxing cereal. I'm gonna get you a custom boxing cereal called Little D's and it's gonna be a little pieces.
Speaker 5: Okay, They're gonna taste great in your month.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 15: Jesus First off, little you don't say that I love you, But now I'm not gonna hold you. I just I gotta actually comment on this because I heard you say, Yeah, I get to a fake number and I go about my business, and after what just happened over this weekend, I'm gonna advise you not to do that. Say this is crazy dudes out there, He'll try and cool you right then and there. For me and for your safety because you don't know what he's doings gonna do. I should give me your number, get out of his vicinity, and then block him.
Speaker 6: You feel me.
Speaker 15: It's a shame that we gotta tell y'all this, but like you feel me, Like the on top of that girl who got here with the breaks, there's a bunch of dudes around, a bunch of dudes around her, and they did not step up to protect that black woman that's so disciplined, gangster life go home.
Speaker 4: You gotta do better.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't do that legend.
Speaker 15: Oh hello, No, I'll protect all black women and I just want to attracting.
Speaker 1: Too, that's real. Yeah, I mean like we.
Speaker 15: Need to we really need to learn how to do that. Like the next little black women when when it's us, they go to us ten Tom's out of temple when it's them. Why it seem like they have to go to social media to get the help that they're looking for.
Speaker 4: Like that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 9: And I got four daughters. Charlamagne got four daughters. So it's very scary you knowing that my daughter will be out and about and there's some crazy dudes out there with with with with low egos, low selfishind.
Speaker 8: Job egos man and I don't understand why humans just we just can't take rejection, you know what I mean, if the young lady don't want to give you your number, you just keep it moving like that's it should be really.
Speaker 1: That simple, right, I think? So, Hello, who's this you're I mean, he says, what's happening?
Speaker 15: I'm killing till I tell.
Speaker 1: Her name is little D from Dallas?
Speaker 10: Going on?
Speaker 8: I said, we said, little D travel, d travel you know those things you got.
Speaker 15: I don't want to talk to nobody name little pie.
Speaker 1: Don't do me at all. He's not gonna do you.
Speaker 16: Okay, we ain't doing nothing with those little beings around here?
Speaker 1: Rude, what's something?
Speaker 5: I'm wonderful? Big things coming small packages on five feet either.
Speaker 1: You ain't doing nothing. That ain't doing nothing for traveler D.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you over there, but you ain't got nothing, travel nothing travel you're my FA.
Speaker 5: Then, hey, friend, you know what I'm saying. We're all together. I was trying to find him yesterday when I got here, like where they at?
Speaker 16: Though, Listen, I'm sired of y'all one because matter of fact, speaking of that, y'all right, fine man, get out of my GM asking about Tailor turned around five men to my DM.
Speaker 15: I'm over here. Half you're like, okay, he asked about Taylor.
Speaker 1: What they want some image and done? You stupid.
Speaker 16: Now, I'm pretty sure you want a little bit water image and done. Anyway, y'all, Cardi b maybe Fountain. They're coming. They're dropping party gang be in the building. Make sure y'all tuning in September eighth, Bongo.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear the record.
Speaker 9: Yep, get it off your chest eight hundred and five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: If you need to vent, hit us up right now. Phone lines are wide open. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's a new day.
Speaker 14: Is it your time to get it? Off your chest. Wait up, whether you're mad or.
Speaker 1: Black, time to get up and get something. Call up now eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello. Who's this who?
Speaker 17: Breakfast Club? This is a Dominique, Dominique from Michigan. I spoke to you guys last week.
Speaker 9: Yes, dominic yep, you the blind woman that called and put your cash out out there right.
Speaker 15: Yes, I just.
Speaker 17: Wanted to call and say thank you guys. You guys have no idea. How blessed you guys have blessed me Charlemagne. The listeners have been truly a blessing about myself a bed, and it's just I've been overjoyed and blessed like you guys have no idea. So I had to call you guys back and let you know that you have truly been a blessing.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm so happy. I'm glad you got a bed. That's beautiful.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it was amazing, And I just wanted to say that I also have a business, but I'm rebranding. If I can put my social media out there, Dominique, Okay, and see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's the letter see.
Speaker 17: As a Charlie W a t as and Tom I as an Indigo m as and Michael s as a sam A as an Apple why as a yo Yo I as an internet in as a Nancy LLC on on Instagram and then on TikTok is just to see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, firing, look looking at cabinet ivy back then looking at what you want them? Sheets? Still in there? My sheets. You ain't gonna use them, but yeah, man, I want.
Speaker 8: To send you some a Porsch of sheets. Porsche got her own what's your bed?
Speaker 1: Her own line?
Speaker 17: Oh god, it's a queen's card.
Speaker 8: I think there was a queen shot queen's side PORTA got her own sheet?
Speaker 1: Hat I do. We'll put that in there too.
Speaker 8: They can't, damn they can't a queen.
Speaker 1: I know. Yeah, you gotta tuk them in. We're gonna send you some a Porsch of sheets.
Speaker 8: You know, Porsche got her own sheet called Pampered by Porsche, And I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot what threadcount they y'all. But we're gonna send you someone. You just got to tuck him in because they're king, So you gotta double double arrum and I'll put you a black effect hat man all that good stuff.
Speaker 17: Okay, Yeah, I'll just use y'all my address.
Speaker 1: Hold on and he gonna get it for you. Hold on, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: This is your mediacre driver Uber Mike from Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 1: What's up, breast clubber Mike? What's up?
Speaker 10: Mike?
Speaker 1: Tripad was good little thing.
Speaker 16: We met twice up here in Dallas.
Speaker 4: I met you twice.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 5: Did I ride with you?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You get me there, but you need to come ride with me so so uh that DJ, Henvy know you riding.
Speaker 16: In a clean car.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, like, pull up on me and pull them take me everywhere pool. I'm trying to be first class there where I go in Dallas. Traffic crazy.
Speaker 1: When you come to Dallas.
Speaker 5: I got you a Dallas we know, all right?
Speaker 1: Mike? What's up?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 4: Real quick?
Speaker 1: Real quick?
Speaker 6: DJ?
Speaker 10: And are you gonna bring the car show to Dallas?
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna bring it the Dallas next year.
Speaker 9: I think shout the Lincoln technis Lincoln Tech out in Dallas, and they've been asking, and I think we're gonna try to think Dallas at North Carolina.
Speaker 1: I think next year the Carolina's in Dallas next year.
Speaker 3: At Charlamagne TRP with BIRDO. I'm the one that got you your comfortable game, back.
Speaker 1: Said to me. And thank you for that, my brother. I appreciate that.
Speaker 10: All right, y'all have a good morning.
Speaker 1: Get it off.
Speaker 9: A few chests eight hundred five A five one five. If you need event, you can hit us up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: We got rumors on the way, little d give us a little tease what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, he coming home today after what seems like six years. Finally she had our baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll get to it next. You said, our baby.
Speaker 5: That's everybody baby, Oh boy?
Speaker 1: All right. It's the Breakfast Club on BT, the Breakfast Club Dallas, Texas. You got a d. This is the room of report.
Speaker 5: I feel great so early on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: But it's a little ke lady and yettle's.
Speaker 5: Do you hear me? Why I sounded good? Okay? Finally Chrishan had our baby. Oh my god. Okay, so after what seems like six years, it.
Speaker 1: Seems like she was pregnant.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 1: That's why you.
Speaker 5: Can't announce white if you pee on the stick. But congratulations to Christian. The baby is here. She was there, We were there. She had the baby on I G live and we know her mama was there.
Speaker 1: Psaby, pus baby, get him.
Speaker 6: Out out.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful. I'm so glad the baby is good and healthy. But you know what they sound like to me when somebody get out of jail.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jesus. He coming home. Yeah, he did it.
Speaker 5: I was waiting on the cookout plates, like anyway, you want to guess what the baby name is?
Speaker 1: What's the baby name? Chris Shian?
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, first of all, congratulations to her for having a healthy baby.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: The way the Black Maternal Deathorate is set up in this country, anytime a sistter has a healthy baby, we should appaud that complete fact.
Speaker 1: You know, some salute to her.
Speaker 8: But I promise y'all, y'all don't got to share everything via social media.
Speaker 1: Man, there's nothing sacred anymore.
Speaker 5: No, I'm glad that she did in this case, as her baby daddy wasn't there, so she need all the support she can get. Well, she's gonna be reminding her to get Pamper's mom.
Speaker 1: But ain't real support, bute. If I was gonna say this and Charlamagne, you have four kids, I got six. I didn't think you could tape delivering a baby anymore. I have no idea.
Speaker 9: The hospitals, you don't don't usually allow you to pull your phones out and record it anymore, because they said it's a problem, it's an issue.
Speaker 1: So I'm surprised that they were able to actually go on Live that whole time.
Speaker 9: I just don't know why you would want to go on live. They share, they share everything, Bro.
Speaker 1: What's the point?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 1: That's my point. You don't have to. Yeah, but like none of y'all have to, none of us have to.
Speaker 8: In twenty twenty three, we are choosing to share every single portion of our lives.
Speaker 1: Is anything sacred? And now they're gonna stop now Like they didn't share everything.
Speaker 9: She didn't share her her boyfriend fighting her dad, her fighting another family member, this family member fighting that family member. This happening that I don't encourage, happen around the corner, This happened the bathroom, this and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because they're doing it don't make it right. I don't encourage it. All.
Speaker 5: Well, we got to encouraged Beyonce because she made history again. First off, happy belated birthday to the queen. But she is the highest grossing female act ever on tour. Her tours made more than four hundred and fifty million dollars, which have passed Madonna's tour Madonna May four hundred and eleven million. Of course, back in the day, I was like, oh my god, but yeah, four hundred and fifty bands. Her birthday show was amazing. Dona Ross was there, she brought out Kendrick. But listen to what Beyonce had to say herself.
Speaker 1: I'm thankful for every ten, for every year.
Speaker 4: I'm thankful for my children. I'm thankful for my husband. I'm thankful for all the.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take you.
Speaker 4: And we all have the.
Speaker 3: Ability to make out of our living.
Speaker 4: I'm thankful for.
Speaker 16: It.
Speaker 5: Okay, why should shout out fair? You'll remember Fair and Farah was in DestinE Child like two songs.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Farah was after LaToya and LaTavia and then it was fair Michelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right, Yeah, it was. It was for them. Then it was three. Three is my favorite number. Were dropping the clues bombs to Beyones.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm a pick of Smiff when Free Nos called him, congrats on those numbers. For all the Swifties out there, Taylor Swift hasn't reported her concert numbers yet, So I just want to put that out there, all right, because they say that she's going end up having the highest grossing tour of all time period. But we got it right now, you got it right now. No, Taylor hasn't put her numbers. She hasn't reported her numbers yet. I want to throw that out there.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, we got to live in the prison, live in the moment.
Speaker 1: Live in the moment.
Speaker 5: I guess that's why old boy spent his furniture money on Drake Niggs. So I mean, I want to see Drake too, but wow, he went to a Drake show and Drake was so impressed by the fact that this man said, now I spent my furniture money to come see you, that he gave him fifty thousand dollars on.
Speaker 14: Your two shows over the over the line, right, my manager, My manager is.
Speaker 4: My jam right, is he over there? He's right there? You know what, over my man, your furniture money.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you fifty bands because I love you.
Speaker 5: Now, I guarantee you he ain't spent fifty bands on him Drake on that furniture that he was about to buy. It was probably more like two bands. How much is a Drake tech?
Speaker 1: But how do you even confirm that? I just Drake confirmed that story.
Speaker 5: Because I'm a great liar, do you hear me? I will tell y'all that I spent my furniture money to get up here. The hotel was taxing with the deposit like y'all got it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because what you gotta sign? So is everybody gonna have a sign now.
Speaker 1: That said you know?
Speaker 8: Of course, now everybody gonna have a sob story. And why fifty bands? Drake jumped out of the window so high. I understand he got it because he's you know what.
Speaker 5: I mean, But damn fifty I'm about to make my sign right now.
Speaker 9: I spent STD treatment on the Drake tickets. So help me out than you will NEMA. All right, well that is your rumor report. Excuse me now when.
Speaker 1: We come down.
Speaker 9: When we come back, Teslim figure out will be joining Front Page News. When Teslim figure out, we'll do that when we come back. And also let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Over the week and this story was trending. A young lady turned the guy down. I guess he asked for her number and she declined, and she got hit in the face with a brick.
Speaker 1: We're gonna discuss that as well.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. And with that, we just want to know, you know, what's the proper protocol?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 1: What what should a woman do in those situations? You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: How does the woman get out of those situations safe? Yeah, and we'll discuss that after Front page News. We can eat on the phone lines. Right now, it's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your morning's will never would be the same. Look at a turn a small bet into a big payday With DraftKings Sportsbook, Same Game, Paula. You can pocket more cash when you can buy multiple bets from one game. Download the app, sign up with code envy and get a special offer.
Speaker 1: Restrictions apply.
Speaker 9: See DraftKings dot com Slash Sportsbook for details.
Speaker 1: WWPR FM HD one New York.
Speaker 5: At iHeartRadio Stations.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody, It's DJ Envy, CHARLAMAGNEA gud.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast club. We have Little d our guest co host this morning from one O four point five in Dallas.
Speaker 5: Gang, good morning.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get in some front page news. Let's figure out what up.
Speaker 12: Good morning, DJ MVY, Good morning, Little d from Dallas, Charlemagne to.
Speaker 1: God Pa, Let's jump right into it. Bring your ass back to work, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 12: That's basically what they're saying. Everybody just enjoy well. Most of us hopefully enjoyed a three day weekend with Labor Day, but some big name employers like Amazon, Meta who we know that Spacebook plan on getting tough on enforcing their return to office man days after labor Day. A non compliance could result in disciplaaring action, including a lower performance rating if unaddressed, or dismissal.
Speaker 11: Now, even though other employers haven't publicly.
Speaker 12: Laid out enforcement measures, they said they'll be, you know, pushing this. Pharmaceutical company Merk put employees on notice that effect the September fifth, those with office based positions will be required to show up at least three days per work three days per week. It's hard to say whether this move will affect companies all over, but they are pretty much getting rid of that, you know, after the pandemic, where folks are able to stay home. They're saying, you know, now it's time to get people back to office and return to work. So I thought this'd be a good story for those of you out there that have been enjoying, you know, being able to stay at home, but people are wanting you to come back into the office.
Speaker 11: It's ironic that I'm doing this from Zoom. By the way, why who I report this story?
Speaker 8: And if you if you're an employee that don't agree with that, quick, that's the only other option, right.
Speaker 9: Because I mean, I'll be honest with you if if I'm a company like Amazon or one of those big companies.
Speaker 1: I want people to be at work. Let's let's be honest.
Speaker 9: When people are home, they're not doing one hundred percent of the work, like you know what I mean. They are on on Google, they are on shopping, they're watching television.
Speaker 1: They're not focused, They're not they're not locked in.
Speaker 9: And I think when you're in a business place and you're talking to your coworkers, I think you can kick around ideas.
Speaker 1: I think you're able to get more things done in mid Well, you know, there's.
Speaker 8: Another side of that. Some people say that they're getting more done at home. They feel like they're more productive, you know, doing work working from home, not even just people that work. His kids in school havn't gone back in the classroom. They feel like they're more productive at home.
Speaker 1: But for the kids, I know it's easy for the kids to cheat when they're at home too.
Speaker 12: Well, that's true, and let me give you a stat on that, because against it does say forty seven percent are more productive at home. But to your point, Djay, but both of you are right. They're the idea to be able to have collaborative discussions, work in groups.
Speaker 11: You know, you feel differently when you're in the office.
Speaker 12: Bud just Charlamagne's point that there are people who are actually more productive and the EMPLOYERSLF. Theres a lot of money as well, so it goes I guess kind of both ways. That's why they're pushing this two to three days. You know, come in two days or three days and then go from home. You know, to really have that work.
Speaker 9: Like balance, they have to be less stressful too, right, because you ain't got to go worry about rush hour traffic.
Speaker 1: You ain't got to.
Speaker 9: Drive an hour and a half to get to work two hours and drive two hours back home.
Speaker 1: So it gives you that time as well. So I see both sides.
Speaker 11: Man, you actually work more, Yeah, you actually work more.
Speaker 12: Because you feel like you're not doing enough work. So people work longer hours from home because you have those breaks, and you know where you don't have a cutoff where in the office is done at five and then that's it. So you know, just kind of it really depends. But it also allows you to retain and have good talent from all over the country. What if a good employee, a good employee doesn't live in your city, but you want that talent, they're able to work from home.
Speaker 5: I think it depends on the kind of job you have. Like if it's a nine to five, you hate your job, you go here, you live in a cubicle. You probably are better at home, you're relaxed, you comfortable. But if you do radio and you're on a morning show, you can't talk to your people, you can't get together and see them.
Speaker 9: Because you imagine the option of being in school, whether it's high school in college.
Speaker 1: And you got to test and you got to take it from home.
Speaker 5: Says I, bet I passed.
Speaker 1: You have one laptop.
Speaker 9: You have two laptops, one looking at your teacher, the other one googling as.
Speaker 5: Bet I got a scholarship to Yale. Me straight as.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about this ADHD drug shortage.
Speaker 11: Yeah again, another good thing.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 12: You guys mentioned that a lot of folks will return to school this week. And like we mentioned, the people in the South have been in at least for two or three weeks now. But there was a report that came out that said, according to the US Food and Drug Administration, there's been a shortage of medications for ADHD. A lot of young people that have been treated for this and this shortage of medication is causing them to have problems in school.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen about the shortage.
Speaker 19: But relief from the shortage may not be coming soon. Prescription rates for the medicines are at record highs, up more than forty five percent in the US over the last decade. A CDC study this year found an especially large jump in prescriptions for adults in the first year of the pandemic. Also complicating the picture, drugs like adderall are stimulants, controlled substances the government says have a high potential for abuse, so the Drug Enforcement Administration sets limits on how much can be produced.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not the time to have an eighth D shortage.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 8: Teachers needed, kids need it, parents need it. Nobody paying attention right now.
Speaker 1: Because they because it's adah D shortage.
Speaker 5: My cousin worked for the FDA in the hull. I could ask her what they could do about it if you want.
Speaker 8: Well, no, let's keep that amongst each other. We don't need to get that to the public. We keep that in house.
Speaker 11: Yeah, adderall.
Speaker 12: I don't know if you guys know, but that's a drug that also helps with alcohol people who are alcoholics.
Speaker 11: So it's a drug across the board. It's not just ADHD, and so they contribute to that shortage as well.
Speaker 12: So I had a conversation with somebody over the weekend about you know, they said they started taking adderall and it does make a big difference. And so this shortage, you know, really this is the really good report. By the way, it's a longer report those who want to look it up, but it was talking about you know, this particular college kid that couldn't focus on packing, couldn't focus on grades, couldn't focus on anything, and she really needed that ADHD and.
Speaker 11: It made a difference in her school.
Speaker 12: So what do you guys think about old people being my girlfriends tell them, She said, I feel like they were pushing this and everybody needed to be on medication. We know doctor Umar talks a lot about this as well, saying that they're pushing folks on ADHD. One of the things they said is a high A lot of people are getting this prescription. Do you think people are being over medicated or what I do?
Speaker 9: I do and I tell anybody with kids when they're going to the doctors and the doctor says that their child has ADHD, to go to a bunch of different doctors. Some doctors are very quick on medicine. That's there everything. Hey, there's a problem medicine. There's a problem medicine. I prefer with anything, even myself. I don't like to take talent or like I like to do you know, alternate things, whether it's I need to meditate, I even try to hugging at the other day.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. I don't know what chelling may tell me go hug a tree.
Speaker 5: Yes, I hug trees.
Speaker 1: They told me I had shoes on. I had to take my shoes and your shoes off and ground. Yeah, well I didn't, so may I got. I gotta try get.
Speaker 9: But you know, I don't like certain things that the men made to help us. If I can do other alternate things, I try that first.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I think we should try that with our kids as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and there's a lot of studies about that though, just by the way, for those who want to look into it, about black children and black boys and particularly being diagnosed with ADHD more than others, So you know, look into that as well.
Speaker 1: That an excuse to work from home.
Speaker 8: I don't have ADHD medication, so I don't think I can come in today.
Speaker 1: Sir man. All right, well, that is front page News.
Speaker 8: And make sure you subscribe to Teslin Figuos podcast, a straight shot no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network, and follow at Testlin figure on all social media platforms at Teslin Figuero.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 1: Over this week. Over the weekend, it was trending. It was everywhere.
Speaker 9: This young lady was hitting the face with a brick. Now I guess a gentleman was. They called a cat call and trying to high at her. She said no, turned him down, and the guy responded with a brick to her face.
Speaker 4: I never did anything in my life to hurt anybody. Literally, a man asked me for my nober.
Speaker 18: I said nope, and he he picked up a brick in front of so many men and was like, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: And I told all these men like you're white, this bag on a.
Speaker 20: Brick call my face and he's holding a brick and all the watching and nobody does nothing.
Speaker 4: And he hits me in my face and they're all just watching, and they let that get in a cord. How was this okay? This is what y'all doing too with it?
Speaker 9: A face was swollen, It was all over the place. Very disgusting, very horrible. Not I'm talking about. What happened was very disgusting. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five's.
Speaker 1: The what's the problem, prestidure? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: When a woman does not want to give a man her phone number, how do women get out of that situation. Nowadays, Little D is here, you know she can talk to it. We want to hear from the women this morning. Yep, you know how do women get out of that situation safely?
Speaker 1: All right, and we'll talk about it when we come back. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Study. It's topic time called eight hundred five five one five one to join in to the discussion with.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Morning everybody.
Speaker 9: It's DJ Envy Charlamagne Dea God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest co host, Little D from Dallas.
Speaker 1: You good morning now if you just join us, we were talking about this that's been trending over the weekend. A young lady says she was out and about.
Speaker 9: Dude ask for her number and when she turned him down, she got hit in the face with a break That's right.
Speaker 18: I never did anything in my life to hurt anybody. Literally, if man asked me for my bird, I said nope. And he picked up a brick in front of so many men and was like, what are you gonna do? And I told all these men like your white.
Speaker 20: This man got a brick, oh my face, and he's he's holding a brick, and all the watching and nobody does nothing.
Speaker 4: And he hits me in my face and they're all just watching and they let that get in a cord? How is this okay? This is what y'all doing too with it?
Speaker 1: M m m m m m mmm. So the question is eight hundred and five eighty five one five. What would we asking, Charlamagne?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I'm asking what is the problem procedure for a woman when they're in this situation? Like how do women get out of situations like this safely? And it's sad that we even got to ask that question, you know what I mean, because the reality is men's egos shouldn't be that fragile, you know. And then if a woman tells you, look, man, i'm married, I'm in a relationship. Are simply I don't want to give you my number? That should be enough, you know what I mean, for you to say okay and keep it moving. But clearly we're not in those times anymore and really never have been, like you know, like like guys have always been aggressive or you know, when they get that kind of rejection, they do tend to react badly.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen things like this, you know.
Speaker 8: But yeah, that's just the question I'm asking, Like, what's the proper procedure for a woman when they're in that situation? How do they get out of situations like that safely?
Speaker 1: Little deep?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it's situational, Like I really think the real answer is men should stop being crazy. But for a woman, it's situational. Like I live in Texas, so you're not gonna catch me without it on me. So you can try that if you want what, you're gonna get shot. I'm in New York right now. I ain't even go to jail, so nine times out of ten, I'm gonna just give you the number and block you when you're gone.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 8: I don't like that a woman has to do that. I agree, you know what I mean that a woman feels like I got to give you my number. The numbers are personal, you know, you give your numbers of people who you want to have them, right, So the fact that a woman feels like I have to give you my number like that.
Speaker 1: Just it's a problem.
Speaker 9: Like I said, with four daughters, it gives you something to think about, right, and because you don't want to give them a fake number, because I'm sure dude to be like, well let me call you right now.
Speaker 1: Then your phone don't ring now, so oh you're trying to play me, you know.
Speaker 9: So it's like, what do you do? Do you give them the number and block them? Like Mello said earlier this morning, I'm really surprised. I don't know that in the situation and entirety, but with the other dudes around, how come they didn't help?
Speaker 5: Like, man picked up a brick really to the point where it's like, hey, man, that's your problem. I mean, we see it on TV every week where people are in domestic relationships and it's funny, it's trending. People don't understand like a brick, Like damn devo, this is real.
Speaker 8: Yeah, even if you have a problem with the with with the woman, right, because I've seen some guys that were there say how you know they felt like the woman is a troublemaker, she's always looking for trouble. But even if you felt like that, you still got to know when something went too far, you know what I'm saying, felt like that you gotta know what a brick brick. Yeah, you gotta know somebody getting hit with a brick is a step too far. But I mean that is that is the real answer, right, The real answer is men's egos shouldn't be so fragile. And that's a situation that you know, you got to correct in yourself. I don't know what happens in your life or in your childhood that you know rejection causes you to react in that way.
Speaker 5: But that ain't it, y'all, because if your DEVID card ever been declined, you've been rejected, Like, stop acting like it's just women. You've been rejected before, they size and them Jordan's And.
Speaker 8: It don't mean you whack, My brothers, It don't mean you whack because this woman decided not to give you her number, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You just might not be her type.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, but I caee you. If you hit her with a brick, you ain't gonna be no woman. They gonna see that and be like, I don't want to deal with this guy ever.
Speaker 9: But you know what, in Charlomagne, I know you you've been to him, like we've been to those type of places where it was fourth of July in Miami a fourth of July in in Virginia. We've been to Myrtle Beaches and all that, and we've seen dudes get disrespectful.
Speaker 1: Never brick. I've never seen no brick but to curse a girl out. But you know what I mean, and even that is disrespectful.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: If shure they don't give you number, show'll give you number. You don't want to give you a number, keep it moving. That's That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 8: It's not you're not whack just because that particular girl does not want to give you their number. But when you react the way this guy reacted, you are whack. And I can see why no girl would ever want to give.
Speaker 1: You the number. Let's go to the phone lines. Hello, who's this and what's going on? Is from Lebron Vince. What's up? Talk to us?
Speaker 10: Brother?
Speaker 21: I'm chilling and chilling in the first, first, and foremost.
Speaker 15: Good on under you guys.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 21: I think the fact that we're talking about.
Speaker 10: This is crazy to me.
Speaker 21: But I don't think there's a lot of role models. I know it's a cliche, but I don't think there's a lot of role models just in this generation. I don't know what this took place, but this is like this sounds like portocol how to avoid a ticket. That doesn't make any sense to me. So it's like, we don't have role models within our neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: That's ourselves.
Speaker 8: So what you mean you mean you saying the men need better role models so they don't carry themselves like they're not being ras exactly because.
Speaker 21: You you know, like you had your uncle installing you with game and all that. We don't have a lot of OG's. You have a lot of individuals now within within the neighborhood. I'm not saying everybody should be a follower and all that, but we don't have a lot of leaders stepping up showing you what's wrong and what's right, especially with the younger generation nineteen and younger. They that holds real stuff and not to blame that, but they following all that stuff and that's not setting any proper examples.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you gotta snatch these young boys up and tell them that's not the way to react. Just because the girl says, hey, man, now I'm good. I don't want to give you my number.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this Hi? This is Camira, talk to us what's your thoughts? Mama?
Speaker 8: Hey, So I actually went.
Speaker 22: To school in Atlanta. I went to Clark Atlanta, and my freshman year, this guy he actually called me out of my name. He called me the word because I wouldn't give him my number. So from that before, what I started doing, I would just give people anybody my number because I'm scared. I didn't want nobody's like to put their hands on me or call me out my name or anything like that.
Speaker 5: I feel you, sometimes it's easier because even though I got a man, don't work all the time. Maybe like so such, it's like, bro, you're very rude. Even if I'm single, I don't won't you?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this, Gabriel?
Speaker 10: What's happening y'all?
Speaker 1: Gabriel, what's up? Talk to us? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 10: Man? I see when I'm world start, I believe it's the same chick y'all talking about they showed her slap some dude go shake her butt, and then later on she's talking about some dude hit me in the face with a brick.
Speaker 5: Is it a video?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I listen, I get all of that. But even still, man, we still got to know when something went too far. I don't think a brick is too far.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I know, I know it. Brick was too far, but in the wrong way. Maybe she took it too far. Maybe she was acting some type of way. And I would have to say and think that. But the video previously, Jose, maybe she was acting some type of way.
Speaker 1: Let's take it. Let's take it out of the individual.
Speaker 8: Lady, we not to pause. We're not talking about the individual. We're talking about the ideology, right, Like the whole sentiment of if a woman says no, I got a man, I don't want to give you my number, guys react violently.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. We've seen this before, not just in this situation.
Speaker 10: You're right, But what I'm saying is her karma throughout her.
Speaker 1: Get that listen. I don't know whether that's true or not.
Speaker 8: But we're talking about the ideology when I'm talking about this particular situation.
Speaker 9: I said, take it out of it. See that's what you should have went with because he didn't understand the ideology.
Speaker 1: Take it out of her. I don't have no something ideology confusing. Gotta ideology.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. You got to break that down.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they gotta break down anyway. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We're talking about the young lady that got hit in the face with the break We're actually taking it out of her and saying, women out there, now, that does.
Speaker 5: Sound crazy what you say it like that?
Speaker 1: It really does.
Speaker 9: We're gonna take it out of eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Women, What are you supposed to call when you're in that situation?
Speaker 1: Discuss?
Speaker 8: You want you all to get out of these situations safely. Yes, we know men's egos are fragile. We know men have to do better, that's first and foremost. But until that happens, we got to have some preventative message.
Speaker 1: What are those? That's right, we'll discuss when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic times.
Speaker 6: The phone.
Speaker 14: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is j NV Charlomagne the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still here with our guest co host, Little Date Gang. Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about this young lady over the week and she was trending. She a guy asked for her number, allegedly, and whatever whatever happens, the guy hit her in the face with a brick, and we're asking women.
Speaker 1: What is the protocol? Because this is scary. I got four daughters. Charlomagne has four daughters, and.
Speaker 9: It's scary out there. I mean, these guys are showing low self esteem. I mean a brick though you could have just said I had my one like a.
Speaker 8: Brick, fragile egos for the of all, for of all, why would he be saying I my one? All right, you're really showing your age. Okay, boy, Why would a guy be saying that in two thousand twenty three?
Speaker 1: My one?
Speaker 16: What? What? What?
Speaker 1: My one? My my is my They wouldn't be saying my one love one. They won't say that. No more, y'all.
Speaker 5: Don't say that up here, no more number.
Speaker 1: Oh see?
Speaker 5: Because I was playing like words, son and all of that.
Speaker 1: Yon, did you see exactly?
Speaker 5: Damn?
Speaker 1: And you're reinforcing the stereotype.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm out the game. I've been out the game along ti the way. If you say that to a guy, he was like, well, give me the rest of the number.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: More, give me the area code and the rest of the number. Oh my goodness, Hello, who's this all right?
Speaker 16: This is Peaches. Let me take you off the speaker.
Speaker 23: Good morning, guys, So good to speak to y'all.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling this morning? Peaches?
Speaker 23: Feeling fine. I think what happened is horrible, and that is something I have anxiety about because I don't want to stand guys. So if it's if I'm feeling you, I turn it a round and I ask for your number.
Speaker 5: Oh you smart?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 23: I don't like to give out my number, so I just asked for there.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 23: It's it's it's a world where you have to really get to know a person before you trust them like that. Because your number is a tie to a lot of your personal information. You can almost find out what person lives just by having their phone number. And I have one number, so I don't like to give out my number.
Speaker 10: I just that number.
Speaker 1: Let me call you. Hate that woman? Have to be have to go through all of this?
Speaker 24: Claire?
Speaker 1: Hello, who is Yea?
Speaker 24: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Let's talk to us? What's your thoughts? Brother?
Speaker 24: Honestly, I feel like this is a tragic situation. But I know you and Charla many y'all both got daughters. I got daughters myself. What I'm gonna have my daughters do. I'm gonna tell her the best way to get off the situation is give a gutter number. But I'm gonna have to give them my number later on the get this guy up. They're talking to me. You know, they got to get up of the situation. So had a dude of call him, texting whatever, it's gonna be me on the phone.
Speaker 10: I like that. I mean, that's the best.
Speaker 24: Way they can get away from the situation. Dude, hit them up. It's gonna be they daddy on the phone.
Speaker 5: So what about the guys who call you immediately?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will hope that something.
Speaker 24: If you call somebody immediately, something gotta be wrong with you, mean.
Speaker 5: Like they do that on purpose.
Speaker 8: Number.
Speaker 5: Let me go ahead, hit you up.
Speaker 1: Ain't got some fun with kidnapping though.
Speaker 8: If I if I give you number, I say I'm about to leave and you say no, no, no, no, no, hold hold on on go nowhere till I call it, ain't that's like you're keeping me somewhere.
Speaker 1: With all my with all I mean it is. It might be right them feel that way to get hit in the head with a brick, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Terry Tubman got hit. It wasn't a break, but it was heavy like that.
Speaker 24: It was I'm trying to figure out why he had a break in his hand, off rip, But I mean, that's that's that's real crazy. But I will hold they really not trying to get a dude.
Speaker 10: They number.
Speaker 24: I will hope they can just get them my number right off rip. But that's that's the one of the best scenarios that I got.
Speaker 10: For them right quick.
Speaker 5: What you'all number one to do?
Speaker 12: Ask for it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 24: Yeah, used to use my number.
Speaker 10: I got you that that'll work.
Speaker 1: Where you calling from, bro.
Speaker 24: I'm calling for Detroit. As matter of fact, speaking to Detroit.
Speaker 10: Maybe I need you to come to the Motive City.
Speaker 24: I need a cusho here.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 1: We did one like three years ago out in Detroit. He didn't asked you that, He said.
Speaker 10: You need to Yeah, we need one here.
Speaker 24: So I need to support a black business.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 9: We're gonna maybe next year. Maybe next year. I know I'm gonna try to do Dallas. I'm gonna try to do the Carolina's maybe next year.
Speaker 24: All right, that'll work, that'll work, all right.
Speaker 1: What's the moral of the story, guys?
Speaker 8: Man, I don't know what the moral of the story is, because I'm sorry that women have to be in this position. I mean, we all know what the real, the real cure would be is for men's egos not to be so fragile, and for you to go deal with whatever pain and hurt and trauma you got inside you that you're clearly projecting on this young lady because you can't take rejection.
Speaker 1: That's the real, you know answer. But you know, I don't know what the moral is. Women be safe out there, man.
Speaker 5: The band aid, though, is it's situational and you have to stay right for any situation. When you in Texas have a pistol. If you somewhere else, maybe you have a blade. When you run, maybe you give them, maybe you take their number, maybe you give them yours and block them. You have to have all these tools in your bag when you're a woman. Stay ready.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we got rooms on away. Give us a little teaser.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, who ow boozy money? And why he ain't gonna get it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Boy? All right?
Speaker 9: Well, we'll get into boosy bad Ass when we come back as the Breakfast LP gonna be It's DJ n V Charlamagne the Gud. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. We got our guest co host, Little D from Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yep, you know the time it is. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Little D is a radio personality who I've been knowing for a long long time, following for a long time.
Speaker 1: How long I known you, Little D?
Speaker 5: Since two thousand and ten when I was unemployed in.
Speaker 1: Ohio twenty ten.
Speaker 5: Wow, Yeah, I met you the first day of Whinny's TV show. I tweeted and I was like, I don't care what nobody says. Charlotm Mane is one of the best to ever do it. And you tweet it back and said thanks, and I was like, oh, this is way before a breakfast Club. I used to listen to here on Wendy Show, and I was like, I was listening for you because I'm like, he is so funny, he's such a jerk, but it's so great, it's so timely. And when I got hired in Cleveland from Toledo, I remember you. I put you as a reference on my resume and shouting to Cob went, do you know Charlotte made for real? I kind of enough at a reference Cob said, so about calling him, what are you gonna say? And I said, he gonna tell you I'm dope, And he showed me the text message that said a little d is dope with the right guy that she got next.
Speaker 1: So thank you if I never said, thank you all love. And now you're in Dallas with my one of my radio mentors, a big ge.
Speaker 5: Big shout out to g o y Yeah you know winning big winning, I mean super winning.
Speaker 9: McGuire and shout the g O G. You know I'll be down there for the Dallas Giant scheme.
Speaker 1: No G is my god.
Speaker 8: She is the first person, uh to give me a full time job in radio. Him and him and Cliff Fletcher back into dan Chuton, South Carolina.
Speaker 5: So to my guy, big G look and got me back into radio after get a lego during Cooley, I told you you.
Speaker 1: Better go get a little d That's what it is, all right. Well we got roomors on the way where we're talking about.
Speaker 5: You know, don't nobody life feeling played, especially boosting. You know we're gonna hear about it. So I gotta tell you about.
Speaker 1: It, all right, we'll do that next it don't move, It's to breakfast. Loco Morming.
Speaker 8: He put up the dog with the album called damn it man, what for you, madde and put the album on your No man, damn it man, I forgot the.
Speaker 1: Two fairy forgot man, man, shut up, damn it man. Your wife home. They already they up, already going let me yeah, let me yeah.
Speaker 8: But anyway, more than everybody, your fault for telling them kids the two fairies.
Speaker 9: Do the two fairry does still exist? Stopped that there's kids going to school and the two faerry does exist. I'm sure, get out there, Yes.
Speaker 8: He got What about all these point disenfranchised kids just walking around toothless. They ain't getting no money for that bag of teeth that's got a bag of teeth, just waiting to cash it in, And don't know why they can't get it cashed in because y'all keep telling these lives about the two fairs two Faerry does exist.
Speaker 5: I don't know I grew Joe Winness heights to no two fairy.
Speaker 1: Goodness, no Easter Bunny, both of y'all. I'm just saying, we grew up.
Speaker 5: You gotta get it real.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 8: And then once again, what about all the point disent franchise kids wh don't get no money for their teeth?
Speaker 1: What you tell them? Why the two fairy don't visit them?
Speaker 5: Why is not a place you could take your teeth like you can take coke cans and get like a quarter down.
Speaker 1: It is true.
Speaker 8: We should do that for fo we grew was poor. Take I never thought about that for people that grew up poor. You know what I'm saying, growing up poor? Right now, bring your kids teeth to a certain location and we catch it in. Give you money for teeth.
Speaker 1: You need money for teeth. There's something we can do with those teeth. I just don't know what. Oh my goodness, let's get to the room. It's a little dz here Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 10: Got you.
Speaker 16: Know this?
Speaker 1: It's the rumor report.
Speaker 5: I feel great too.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast Club. But it's a little te.
Speaker 5: Lady, Okay, So I'm from Louise. So we got to talk about Boosy Bootsy and.
Speaker 1: How say don't do that? Boozy and Young Blue have.
Speaker 5: Been going back and forth because Boosie claims that Young Blue owes him money. Well, don't nobody like being played with? And they face and Blue posted like a million dollars. He was like, sold our shows. I'm doing it here come Boosy still don't want to pay me. At this point, he planned just like a whole bunch of expletives, and Boosy was not only Young Blue was like, okay, but what you don't want is for me to really tell these people what was really going on. I really got receipts, Like, you really need to chill, so we'll see what's going on there. I think Young Blue got bigger issues, like that girl who didn't smell very well. He claimed he didn't smash Maybe he should fix his family life first.
Speaker 1: Jesus little, I'm saying all right.
Speaker 5: Allegedly, allegedly, even Young Blue said he was like, I ain't smash her because she had a older and then the girl was like, well you can't smell a receipt. I got real receipts, and I'm like, she didn't say she didn't think and it was weird.
Speaker 8: Well, see when a man makes his statement like that because he is married, right, yes, so if he makes a statement like that that, he didn't smile because she had an older that lets me know that there might be some type of understanding between him and his significant other.
Speaker 1: Now she kicked him out the house, she did. Oh, so why did he admit to that? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's just an honest guy. He was like, I'll let you tag along all that exion wants you to feel bad and just put you back on a plane.
Speaker 1: And she had a video.
Speaker 6: Oh so.
Speaker 8: Black men don't cheat, correct, black boys still do? Yes, Okay, so he clearly still moving like a little boy out here.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, technically he didn't cheat because her pH balance was off, but okay, oh all right, all right, So fifty cent, you remember when he threw that microphone in the crowd and unfortunately it hits somebody in the head and all of this, and he was frustrated because it didn't work. Well, Lil Wayne was supposed to be a special guest on Callis Sit during a Beyonce show. His mic didn't work either, and fifty was like, see, I'm trying to tell you only Dan loves Taylor Swiss show. I fired everybody involved in the audio department. If the mic don't work, your ass don't work here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I get it.
Speaker 9: I mean the artists is performing you in front of what forty fifty thou thirty thousand people, and they have sound checks and this is your only job.
Speaker 1: And if the mic doesn't work, what am I supposed to do? Fifteen off of that? Young lady? A settlement jail? M what Maria?
Speaker 5: And I'm smiling for her. I can go with that, But like I think, specifically because it's little Wayne, it might be deeper than this, because Wayne be canceling shows like for nothing.
Speaker 9: But if Wayne was actually there in the venue, like he's not gonna pull up to the venue, but like I ain't performing, Like I'm sure there was an issue approach everyone.
Speaker 5: He was in LA, his artist was performing, and he was like, nah, y'all ain't giving them enough love. We work hard, thank you, goodbye? Yeah, and like love, but like done might know they songs?
Speaker 1: What you want us to do? You don't know this song? That's true. His artists messed with you.
Speaker 5: And I don't even say it like that because I went to the way of showing Dallas and a few of them. I'm like, hold on, what's this? And I looked up at Apple Music, like hey, okay, this riding. But in the moment, no, I don't know you, sir, I'm waiting on go DJ to play, which what you want me to do?
Speaker 1: But fifty at settle with the woman yet, is what y'all telling me?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 1: Did I heard it? I don't know. Yeah, he should have settled that already. You don't want you, you don't want that working behind the scenes, we don't know. Yeah, you don't want that one to go to court.
Speaker 5: Speaking of settling, though, I am so proud of Seane Puffy p Diddy Puff Daddy Combs because Gaty's artists they publishing back. Now, if you know anything about bad Boy, you know it's always been like this thing said like didd he don't pay his artists and all of this, Well did he came off the coin. I'm hoping we can get the verses battle now, But like I'm talking to everybody, Faith Evans Mace, who has been very vocal about the fact that he want his money. One twelve, we missed a whole versus battle because they couldn't do it. The locks even though a state of Biggie all got signed agreements to receive their publishing rights back.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think that's that's wonderful. I think that's great. I just wonder why now, because these artists been asking for years long time.
Speaker 1: I think two things.
Speaker 8: I think one, uh did he got offered one of those deals for the publishing for the catalog, and he know he probably would have got a lot of backlash if he just sold it for a whole bunch of money. People to have been like, oh Diddy, you know you don't pay your artist block and too he got album coming out.
Speaker 1: So this part of the rolls start.
Speaker 9: But I was trying to figure out why because for a long time, these artists have been trying to get their publishing, and they've been fighting for their publishing. They've been vocal from people from Mace, well he's been the most vocal.
Speaker 1: And I was just wonder like, why now, But.
Speaker 8: You're probably trying to get all bad energy. I went away, you know, me get all bad energy out of the way, Like like I said, he got. I think he probably got offered some money for this catalog. You know, if he sold it it get a lot of backlash because people be like, well, why you ain't give this person that, and this person this is YadA YadA YadA, and.
Speaker 1: He got an album coming out. Let me clear all negative energy out the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, he turned down a deal to buy the publishing, like a multi million dollar publishing deal. He turned it down and instead gave them people their money. So it looks great because now we're in the news saying you know what I'm saying. Yeah, So now we're in the news saying he's amazing, and he got an album coming out. So I love that for him.
Speaker 8: It's I think it's about both those things. I just know he would have got a lot of like I imagine did he sold his published the catalog for three hundred million dollars? Every mighty been what they have been on his ass? Why Mace ain't got his money?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 1: Why this person ain't got damn money. Why that person ain't got them money.
Speaker 8: So to avoid all of that and the fact he got an album coming out, just give him the publisher.
Speaker 5: So it's a master p. Louisiana's fine. And she don't never hear me of X saying she ain't got her publishing. You don't never hear Silk the Shacker Fiend and Mysical Santa ain't got they published. I mean, but listen, that's different. We don't bring up Stanley business, you know, but artists wise.
Speaker 9: I ain't never heard room saying no publisher brought me and said before that him and his father was going back and forth about published.
Speaker 1: Now this money's earned or something, money's old.
Speaker 8: They spreading rooms about master P up here. The masters be come up here crying to you, talking to talk. You know me math you know whatever they say, Master P talk. They said it sounds like he crying. You think Matthew p Monisel is going back and forth. You just out here spreading rooms about dropping the clos bombs for P. He is a o G legend and he will be respected as such year period. Okay, louis in your mouth Rashaan all right, all right, Leonard watch your mouth by Percy Miller, y'all so cute. Y'all be having a love spats like this all the time.
Speaker 1: That's my husband. I'm not his gousmin.
Speaker 8: Definitely all in his mind. Definitely definitely claim you. I don't he claiming this is disgusting, claiming. Alright, this man son is man, got a whole son all right walking around there.
Speaker 5: I came up here just trying to be outside you because I know y'all together. I don't want no problems and he don't even claim me.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: That's rude.
Speaker 8: Stop man, stop in bassing your son like this. Your son got to walk around campus speaking of there is no truth. It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: But who else you giving your duntkey?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 8: This morning before after the Hour is going to a young man named Dana McIntyre. He needs to come to the front of the congregation. And I'm gonna tell you why. I told y'all that everybody who got a PPP loan was gonna end up in PPP prison. He's just the latest y'all all going to jail. I just want you to know that we'll talk about it, all right, We'll get to that. Next little d is here. She's our guest co old Sister Breakfast Leve, Good morning the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 9: The darkest evil in the Conjuring Universe returns in The Nune Too, the sequel to the Worldwide phenomenon. The Nun follows Sister Irene and she comes face to face with the demonic force valid the demon None.
Speaker 1: The Nun Too, now playing only in theaters, rated are don't be out here at you like a donkey. He bitch, it's time for Donkey of the Day. I'm a big boy. I could take it if you feel I deserve it. Ain't no big deal. I know Charlomagne, God gonna have honestly say out his mouth. You've gotta say something you may not agree with. It doesn't mean I'm mean, who's getting that donk? That donkey that don't don't don't don't don't donk the other day right here to the breakfast club. Bitch, you you could call me the donkey of the day, But like I mean no harm.
Speaker 8: Hey donkey of today for Tuesday, September fifth goals to a fifty nine year old man named Dana McIntyre. Now, back in twenty twenty, I told so many of y'all that we're doing those fraudulent people VP loans.
Speaker 1: I told y'all that y'all was going to land in PPP prison.
Speaker 8: So many of y'all went to the fake company Name Generator to find names for your LLC's that didn't exist. Oh, there really is a fake company name Generator, and some of y'all was on there showing your natural assets and for those who weren't, y'all would just, you know, look around the room and whatever words you saw, you.
Speaker 1: Would name your company after it. You see the phrase straight talk on the magazines, and now you straight talk LLC.
Speaker 8: All right, talk straight LLC if you want to switch it up a little. Some of y'all was just lazy with it ups. Second Day Air LLC, Love Monsters LLC. Some of y'all got real cute and thought you was getting over on the government and had LLC's like finally getting reparations LLC. The government owes us LLC getting my lick back on Uncle Sam LLC.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 8: I remember it all, and I just want you to know you still going to prison, all right, just for the record, because y'all don't be paying attention. Last year, on August fifth, President Biden signed the PPP Bank Fraud and Harmonization Act that establishes a ten year statue of limitations for criminal charges and civil enforcement against a borrower who engages in fraud with respect to a PPP loan. Basically, y'all gonna be investigated and convicted of PPP fraud until the year two thousand and thirty two. Okay, so I know some of you out there think y'all got a wait with it.
Speaker 1: No you didn't.
Speaker 8: They just going down the list and they gonna get the trapper die raised mellc real soon guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Okay, and data McIntire's name has been called.
Speaker 8: See Dana just got sentenced to two years for getting a fraudulent PPP loan. Now, one of my favorite forms of entertainment in regard to PPP loans is two things. One seeing how much money y'all had the audacity to be asking for, and two what y'all spent the money on. Well, needless to say, my guy Dana exceeded all my entertainment expectations.
Speaker 1: Let's go to NBC Boston for the report police.
Speaker 25: So, according to federal investigators, Dana mcmcintyre applied for funding to help his Beverly restaurant, but line about the number.
Speaker 5: Of employees he had on staff.
Speaker 25: Instead, they say he took the money, he sold the piece of shop and then bought and fixed up n LPA a farm in Vermont. Among other things, including being accused of using your time on a local radio station to host a show about cryptocurrency. So you can imagine hearing of this apparent scam has many local businesses and individuals just feeling really frustrated.
Speaker 1: Driving a clues boss with Dana mcintoze, Dana said that we're gonna do it. We're gonna do it. Damn it.
Speaker 8: Number one six hundred and sixty thousand dollars and fraudulent PPP loans and he used the money to.
Speaker 1: Open up and have pack a farm.
Speaker 8: Now, this is my problem and why Dana must get donkey today, and it says a lot about the society we live in. Dana is fifty nine years old. He already had his own pizzeria place, so he had a business. I don't know if his business was profitable during COVID. You know a lot of reports say it wasn't, and that's what led him to commit the crime he committed. In fact, he said in his sentencing memorandum that he was a single father of two children whose pizzeria was badly profitable before the pandemic, and he became afraid, you know what I mean. He got afraid because he didn't the uncertainty of the times. Look, man, if you got the capital to open a business and the business is barely profitable, you won. Okay, barely profitable still means profitable and if you do take a hit during the pandemic, that's what the PPP loans was supposed to be for. And the fact you got six hundred and sixty thousand dollars back in PPP loans but didn't put it towards your actual business, the actual pizzerial, the employees, payroll expenses. You already have a business, okay, if you use PPP loans for that business, then your loan is forgiven.
Speaker 1: But you decided to.
Speaker 8: Say hef the pizza real. You want to invest in our package. Okay, this is what's frustrating me about you.
Speaker 10: Data.
Speaker 8: You are smart, okay, because you already opened up your own pizzer real, But the fact you had the idea to open up an our pack of farm trapping the clues bombs of data.
Speaker 1: Again, listen, man.
Speaker 8: Our packers are used primarily for fiber production, but they're also a meat source in South America.
Speaker 1: Either way, you can get to the money having an our pack of farm. Okay.
Speaker 8: Our pack of farms are profitable, high value, low maintenance. Not the unique benefits in the form of tax advantages, income defrail investment compounding. But I know you know all of this, Dan, and that's why you did it, and that's why you're getting donkey of today, because you smarter than this. And you can't use the fact that you're a single father of two children. That's what he said, he's a single father of two children. Because being a single father of two children, there's all the more reason you can't afford to commit no damn crimes. Who're taking care of those kids? Now you spend in the next two years of your life in prison. You know how long two years is? You fifty nine, and that means you'll come home when you sixty one. Life expectancy of men in America is seventy seven. Granted some men are living longer nowadays, but let's just say seventy seven, is it. That means you got about seventeen more years left? Seventeen Summers, seventeen Christmas, is seventeen Thanksgivings. However, you want to break it up, you only got seventeen of them things left, and you spending two of them in prison for no other reason than good old American greed.
Speaker 1: Kids. The lesson to be learned here is if something is too good to be true. It probably is.
Speaker 8: And if you got a fraudulent p MVP loans, it's not a matter of if you're going to jail, it's a matter of when. Please give Dana McIntire the sweet time to the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the doge ah the day ye get again.
Speaker 8: Six and sixty thousand that he could have used towards his actual business. He had a pizzeria, but legitimate business, yes, but he didn't have to do all of that. He could have just told about the actual number of employees he has, you know, the payroll expenses, got.
Speaker 1: What he was supposed to get, put it towards his business. Paula loan forgiving. That's it.
Speaker 5: He wasn't trying to sell to l packers, of course, because they're a good source of fiber. Well did he sell any I don't think so.
Speaker 1: It's our packa a good business. It's profitable.
Speaker 5: It's an outpacker in the back of gas session in down is right now really Fueld City, Yes, an alpaca. I'm not even sure if it's any other animals. It's like a gas station, a tago place, a car wash, and it's a random outpacka in the back.
Speaker 1: Did they have a buffet? They got a buffet. I know what that Albacca going.
Speaker 5: I'm vegetarian.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you. I don't want no problems. All right, Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 9: Donkey to day, be e t piece for see yall tomorrow. Everybody else when we come back, Doctor Puma will be joining us, oh man, doctor Pumer Man.
Speaker 8: I told y'all I've gone to every I've done every cardiovascular test since probably December. I didn't did everything hot monitor ekg. What's the one where they put the ink inside? You talk about all of that, so I didn't do them all. This one at Soaring Medical I did with doctor Pumer was the best. And I'm gonna have doctor Pullmer in here to talk to you all about it. All right, We'll talk to him when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. More than everybody is the j n B.
Speaker 9: Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, doctor Joseph Puma.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome, thank you for having me here.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Doctor Joseph Puma, I've been telling you all about this.
Speaker 8: Sorein medical skin. I did know that's not what it's called the heart skin heart skin soorn medical. But tell people what sorring medical is. First, Doctor Pumer.
Speaker 6: Soren Medical is a cardiovascular medical practice. We have offices throughout four of the five boroughs UH. Generally we provide care in underserved communities, whether what often called health deserts. There's no hospitals or not many physicians around, and we try and meet patients who need out care where they live.
Speaker 8: And I told y'all, I've had every cardiovascular test there is to have over the past few months.
Speaker 1: I had named some of them. That was EKGs. What is some of the tests?
Speaker 6: I think you had stress tests before you came to us. You had a calcium score.
Speaker 8: Score and yours absolutely not only was the best, it's the one that put my mind at ease the most. Well, thank you, especially after I got those results back. But why are they important for.
Speaker 1: People of color to get their heart tested regularly?
Speaker 6: So it's important for people of color to get their heart tested period and not regularly, because one of the challenges is they're not regularly getting they're heart tested. People of color have a almost one and a half to two times the rate of death from heart disease. They get the risk factors for heart disease, high blood pressure. They often develop high blood pressure at an earlier age. It's more difficult to treat. They have diabetes at a higher rate, also a risk factor for heart disease. When they have heart attacks, their outcomes are worse. They have a forty percent increased chance of dying from a heart attack as compared to whites in America, and they often have much higher rates seventy percent higher rates of congestive heart failure, which is very disabling, and they developed that often at an earlier age.
Speaker 1: Well, how can people get tested? Not how can they test it?
Speaker 9: Of course, but you know they tell you at forty five years old, you get a colonoscopy, They tell you at this age you do this.
Speaker 1: At what age should people be checking their heart?
Speaker 9: And you know I go to my doctor, you know, twice a year for checkups, and that one time has he said, all right, well you need to check out your heart.
Speaker 1: Or there are certain signs.
Speaker 9: Where maybe people say you should check out your heart, are as certain signs where they should do certain things or should they be at a particular age where this is where you should start doing it more and more and more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's a great question. So the answer to that question, I think that depends on whether you have symptoms or no symptoms. If you have symptoms of discomfort in your chest, shortness of breath, more easy fatigue, not able to do the usual level of exercise, dizziness, lightheadedness, doesn't matter what age you are, you should be tested because let's you remember, heart disease is the number one killer in America, and even though over the last forty years the rate of death from heart disease has come down, it has not come down for the black community. All those gains have been in the white community. So second, if you're not necessarily symptomatic, okay, overall, you're working, you feel good, but you're forty and older as a man or fifty and older as a woman, and you've smoked, have a family history of heart disease, have high blood pressure, diabetes, are high cholesterol, then you should be tested prior to the sore in heart scan or cat scanning in general of the heart. The only test we had to determine if you had heart disease was a stress test, but that's not nearly as accurate and doesn't define the heart arteries as Charlemagne. When you came in, we sent you images of your heart arteries. We gave you a risk assessment. But and it's costly. Stress testing almost ten times the course of a cat skin. But cat scanning now takes four minutes or less. If you come into our office less than fifteen minutes of your total time, and you have a fully accurate, greater than ninety seven percent accuracy of your heart anatomy, whether there's blockage, calcium, any any disruption that could potentially cause a problem later on in life.
Speaker 9: Well, I was going to ask, so you know, you go to the dentist, you have a cavity, They can fix it, right, you flasc it whatever, colonoscope they clean your butt out, right, so now they know you know what he knows what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know they clean it out, they cut off the polyps. You know what it is. So if there is a problem with your heart, what are the procedures to can it be done right?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 1: And there talk that talked out the pumer. This is good. Just just move me away. When you told me that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So nationally, Medicare is now approved putting heart stents right in the office in appropriate facilities. New York State has not yet approved that, but our center down in Lower Manhattan is built for that, and we have the latest technology and cardiac cathization lab where you could have a stent put right in at that time.
Speaker 1: So just a stent.
Speaker 6: A stent is a metal scaffold that when you have a blockage in your artery through an artery in your wrist, we put a catheter up into the heart and then over a wire. Through the catheter, we can pass a metal stent over a balloon and dilate it and clear.
Speaker 1: Away the blockage. So the stent doesn't stay inside of it was just it just cleans out.
Speaker 6: It stays inside you and becomes part of the artery wall.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have a piece of metal in you. So every time you go through tsa metal detector.
Speaker 6: It won't go off. It doesn't. It doesn't go off. It's it's very it's very small, three and a half millimeters usually, but no, it doesn't set off metal detectors. You can use your microwave, but it's the most common treatment for blocked arteries in the world.
Speaker 1: Can you explain to people what causes heart attacks and strokes?
Speaker 6: Sure, that's a great question, And I think it's not only a great great question, in great question in general, because it's the leading cause of death, but in the black community, the risk of it is so much higher. I know, Charlemagne, you're you're from South Carolina. I told you my family. I raised in North Carolina, and in that part of the world, we call it the stroke belt from North Carolina down to Alabama, primarily because black men in particular have high blood pressure at such an early age, so difficult to control, less likely for African Americans to control their blood pressure than white that the risk of stroke from that elevated pressure. Over time causes either a blood clot in one of the arteries to the brain or it just ruptures same thing with heart attacks or similar At least over time, the body builds up plaque in the arteries. Plaque is just cholesterol and calcium. Some of it's from a diet, some of it's genetic, some of it is accelerated if you have diabetes. In fact, if you have diabetes, you have a three times higher risk of dying from a heart attack than someone who doesn't have diabetes.
Speaker 1: So if you have diabetes, that ought to be like.
Speaker 6: A flashy neon sign. I need to see a cardiologist. End in communities of color when they have high blood pressure and they have diabetes.
Speaker 1: When they end up with a.
Speaker 6: Heart attack or a stroke, they usually have worse outcomes, a higher risk of dying from it, and if they survive, they're more likely to have a lower functional status, to be in congestive heart failure, or to have physical abnormalities that they're not able to do their activities of daily living.
Speaker 9: We have momid doctor when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Good morning Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We're still kicking it with doctor Puma.
Speaker 9: A lot of people in our community are scared to go to the doctor or can't afford to, don't have insurance. So what are some of the signs that they should look at. Let's goart with diabetes. What is a sign of diabetes that people should look out for?
Speaker 6: First of all, I would say healthcare should not be just for people well off, for people who have insurance. Healthcare should be a right in this country. There's no reason, I agree, there's just no reason why we should treat any not treat any human being that needs our health right. And if you come to any one of our offices, we take care of everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. So that's number one. Number two high blood pressure and diabetes both when we're in medical school. Whereat, they're called the silent killers because they often don't have simp okay, but when they do, if you have high blood pressure, you might feel flushed sometimes during the day in your face, you might get headaches, okay, you might have chest discomfort, you might get short of breath.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 6: You don't need to go to a doctor. You can go to any pharmacy even and they have a blood pressure cuff. They're usually and they'll check your blood pressure. So simple screening for that. And remember something blood pressure diagnosis often it peaks in our thirties or in our fifties, So if you're in communities of color and you're in your thirties, you should at least get uscreening for blood pressure. Diabetes also very elusive in terms of symptoms. Often the first symptoms a diabetic will feel is that they're very thirsty or they're urinating a lot, and that's because their sugar levels are high and it's making them urinate, which then makes them thirsty. They often feel weak, have a brain fog, they just never feel clear. And again simple pinprick of your finger can tell you if your sugar is high or low that you probably do need to go to a doctor to have that check. Where simple blood tests, But the bigger point is simple screening things or just self awareness. You bring up fear. Fear is a big issue here is a big, big issue for.
Speaker 1: For many people.
Speaker 6: People don't come to me. It's it's not like I don't know if you're married or you have kids, but you know, you remember when you both married me, you met my wife who I can't bring that up again, a.
Speaker 1: Carolinas, Okay, I can't bring that up again.
Speaker 6: But anyway, but remember like the first time you're pregnant and you go to the doctor, everyone's happy and it's exciting time. When people come to me, they're scared. I'm not sure what's going on. They may not feel well, they may have a family history. So we have we have to deal with that fear. One of the ways you deal with that fear is by bringing healthcare to them, as opposed to saying, here, I'm in a big, fancy building, come to me. I'm really smart. We go to that them. We want to be in their community, and then if there is an issue where they need a test, make it easy for them. Okay, explain talk. You know, people are a lot smarter than sometimes we give them credit for. And understanding where they're from and trying to learn about them and their family can help kind of bring people together and have an honest conversation.
Speaker 8: I think people want you to talk to about the you know, when I asked you what causes the heart attacks scrips, I want you to talk about like the blockage and how the plaque breaks off and that stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so in the carnery artery, so for strokes, if you have high blood pressure, just the high blood pressure, right. It's the same as if you have high blood pressure in your water heater at home. If it gets to a certain level, boom, it just pops. But in the hard arteries you can even have a mild to moderate plaque in your arteries and then some stressor you're smoking a cigarette one day, you're in an argument with someone you're having stressful time at work, it can cause that plaque to rupture and then causes a blood clot and that's a big challenge. The reason when you asked dj Envy about who should have the scan or you know, and we said, even in people who are not symptomatic, if they have risk factors, they should have a scan. Because one in three people that have a heart attack find out they're having they have heart disease the day they have their heart attack, and out of those, one in three die the day they have their heart attack. So it's it's often unpredictable. So unless you know you have some plaque, then there are strategies, as we discussed, whether it's statin medications, aspirin counseling to help you maybe stop smoking if you smoke, weight reduction, things of that nature that can help. But heart attacks are I like to.
Speaker 1: Think of it this way.
Speaker 6: You know, if you're having if you're lucky enough to have symptoms, it's kind of like when you're driving your car and the little light goes on says the tires run and low right. Usually if you're having symptoms or you see that light, you'll attend to it correct so that you don't end up with a blowout. Let's say on the on the highway. That's like a heart attack. But many people don't have symptoms until the day they.
Speaker 1: Have their heart attack.
Speaker 8: And I want to read my results that doctor Saorn sent me. Well, becauld, y'all send five things after you have the test. It's to images of your coronary heart arteries, your heartflow analysis of the arteries, right, what is that exactly?
Speaker 6: So the heartflow analysis is if there is any plaque in the artery. It's a Heartflow is a company based in California that has proprietary AI software that can actually assess the flow to determine if that plaque that blockage is obstructive needs to be treated with a stent or bypass, or non obstructed needs aggressive medical therapy. It's amazing software. We use it on all our patients. And it's that alone, that's software alone has been proven to make you to reduce mortality, increases survival by having had the soreing heart scan with heartflow.
Speaker 8: And so y'all and y'all send the soreing heart scan final report, you send your blood work report.
Speaker 1: And finally, which I really loved the ten year.
Speaker 8: Risk of cardiovascular events, which is heart attack, stroke of death.
Speaker 1: Now, this is what put my mind at ease. Overall, your results are excellent.
Speaker 8: Despite a high calcium score for your age, there is only minimal plaque in your heart arteries.
Speaker 1: Furthermore, your lipid cholesterol profile.
Speaker 8: Your cholesterol profile is excellent and well below goal on your current statin medication and aspirin, which I would continue. Your blood pressure and heart rate are those of a man twenty years younger. All these factors contribute to a very low ten year cardiovascular risk of only three point five percent.
Speaker 1: Optimal for men of your age will be three percent, So you are in very good shape.
Speaker 8: That put my mind at ease more than all of the tests I did prior to come into soroin medical And how long did it take?
Speaker 1: Four minutes to do this CAD.
Speaker 8: I was looking at my heart within the next fifteen and I think I got those results the next day.
Speaker 6: That's correct? Think, yeah, that's that's that's correct. So I would flip it back to you.
Speaker 9: I would definitely like to sign up because I definitely would like to make sure that I'm here for my kids.
Speaker 1: I have six kids, so I want to make sure I'm here for Miki.
Speaker 6: You'd be welcome to come. And again, I just think the access making it easy, right. You know, you all are people of means and you know, but it's for everybody, and you can and you can really make a great impact for people who may have some fear, aren't sure what the entry point is, aren't sure what to do. So I appreciate you inviting me. I appreciates taking the time and talking about it, and I hope we can help some people.
Speaker 1: And where can they get more information?
Speaker 6: I'll reach you directly on our website soor in medical ny dot com. We're on Instagram. I've never been on any of these things. I've been practicing for over thirty years. But in the past year, all the young folks in our practice have us on Instagram and and on the website now and they can call the office or send us an email. As you saw, we respond right away. We get you in right away, and we give you comprehensive results, and if we think there's something more, we make sure that we shepherd you through your health care journey to good health.
Speaker 8: Everybody needs to go do this, man, I've had too many friends you know, either having heart attacks.
Speaker 1: Or having strokes. Over the past few years.
Speaker 8: Are dying of heart attacks and strokes. So you should definitely go to us Soaorron Medical and get to Soaring Hearts can.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I'm going as soon as I can, and I appreciate you so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, doctor Joseph Pumer.
Speaker 9: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. We go to Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Little D with us this morning. Yes, the are a good morning and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Dallas texts, Yeah, make sure you're into.
Speaker 21: Feel you got guys, you know this ort.
Speaker 5: I feel great, but.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast Club. But it's Luther Taylor made it. Little D said she's not from Dallas though she's from Louisiana.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. I got them purple and gold l s U twelve sound don't get it tweets all day. I thought we were done being mad about the song WP, but apparently not, because there was a whole lawsuit with Cardi B and Meghan. They won the lawsuit, though, but this artist was trying to claim that they stole the lyrics. Some of the lyrics from wop and thought ish from her. So, okay, you got this rapper name nisy X, and she said that first of all, niei X has a song called grab Him by the pussy Cat.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start there.
Speaker 5: Now, the lyrics and question from what are pussy Cats so.
Speaker 1: Wet and Ninja's wilding? That's it.
Speaker 5: She said, they stole those lyrics from her. Obviously a judge was like, girl, that's a quinch of order. Words is now yours all together? And so the lawsuit was completely thrown out.
Speaker 1: And you don't own the patent on wet poom poom man, No, we over our wet poom poom statue for the day. I can say poom poom. Yeah, but she didn't. She ain't say nothing wrong. She said pussy.
Speaker 8: Cat's and also Cardi and Meghan and they're about to spend the block too with Bungos, you know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got a single coming out this week called Bungos.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, this songle Yeah, they was trying to play. I'm just glad that they threw that out because it's like, come on, bro pie, So that's a anyone can say that he is.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be wet period. I'm talking about urine. What you're talking about? Oh yeah, I was talking about continue on shying.
Speaker 5: My boy Plies, who is back to being original ply said, huh, I ain't never mad Plies, but I love him baby.
Speaker 10: Nah.
Speaker 5: But he was saying that, like, I'm not into women who were expensive cl it was none against them. You look good at him, that's great, But for me, I just like the women who can make simplicity look great. And I agree with him, applies look better with his original teeth. And I'm a thrifter. Give me by one hundred dollars. I'm gonna come out that thrift store with twelve skirts, three shoes and like fixed, I'm gonna have several outfits from the st they did not. Nah, absolutely, but I'm gonna wear a seven y in Jordan's so like you know, my shoe is still cheap. But like, yeah, I like that. He said originality as a turn on to him, and I think what he really meant was it's one thing to just go and get your your designer and like you look good, and that's great, but it's another thing when you can grab a shirt out of your closet, grab some socks, you put it together, and it's like.
Speaker 1: Yo, she put that on. That's true. And it's not about what you wear, is how you how you rocket?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, you could even have designer on and unique way you can look on it, but you can also rock it in a unique way that nobody else is doing. I think that's what he's saying. He just likes originality. Correct, But I don't think you should be worrying about any woman's wardrobes. You ain't paying for it.
Speaker 1: But it's Hillo dropped to Mic. No periods. If you don't like a certain thing, is right, not like.
Speaker 8: Paying for it, Michael, he just got hot. Hi, Hello, you ain't paying for it? Mining business all right?
Speaker 5: Well, Tory Lanez, you know he married. Now, Tory Lanez married his baby mama. You're not happy what you're about?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: It's love?
Speaker 1: Love is okay?
Speaker 5: Well, he married his baby mama. We only found out because he's trying to get bail while they're trying to decide what they're gonna do with the appeal, right, and so they're going through all the paperworking like hold on, did he marry his baby mama?
Speaker 10: And he did?
Speaker 5: Her name is Raina. And I can't pronounce her last name. Shut alright, let's see a g n E is like Ain. Some say Shassain, but I mean as c h A s h A Colorado. His first name Rayna. But yeah, so Rana and Torri, you're married now. They have a six year old son and Kai. And what they're saying is if you let him out of jail, he's gonna live with them. He's an active father, he a husband, been now, so let me out of jail. And they trying to see they're gonna grant him bell all that.
Speaker 9: If he's married, if he's locked up, he gets those visits. We got sex in the visit being married.
Speaker 8: I would never I would never do that to a woman, though, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, unless we were already engaged and planning on planning on getting.
Speaker 5: Married someone either though I mean you and a little bit.
Speaker 8: That's true to what I'm saying. If I was already engaged to her and planning on getting married.
Speaker 1: Then I would do that.
Speaker 8: But if I wasn't even engaged or anything, and we didn't have no plans of getting married. But now I'm about to spend the next ten years in prison.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting no ring on your finger. I'm not doing that to you. How would you do that to her? Why would you shoot somebody in the foot? Me that too, but but why would you do that to that young lady?
Speaker 5: You like trying to apply logic to something that's illogicaltis facts. Why was you telling yourself on the phone? Remember the jail call? I will never get on.
Speaker 1: If I wasn't drunk, I wouldn't have done it. I don't just tell them I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Like bro, you know, just recorded like you're you want to go to jail?
Speaker 6: So the fool good?
Speaker 1: This is all true? D got a point, It's all true? All right, all right, Well that is your rumor reporting D. Yeah, yeah, yeah, alright, alright up next it's the People's Choice Mix. Of course, we weren't here yesterday.
Speaker 9: We were on vac so we missed Beyonce's birthday, so you know we got to start the mixed office and Beyonce I it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 10: Hiring is the cheap.
Speaker 1: When new HighRes costing almost five thousand dollars. You want to get it right.
Speaker 8: Four out of five employees on zip recruiter get a quality candidate on the first day.
Speaker 1: Get hiring right. Go do ZipRecruiter dot com flash breakfast to try zip Recruiter for free.
Speaker 5: W w p r F m h D one, New York iHeartRadio station, Hold on.
Speaker 1: Morning. Everybody is j n V charlamagnea God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have a little D with us low D representing Louisiana.
Speaker 5: You know what time it is.
Speaker 8: She does radio at K one O four in Dallas for my guy big G. Yeah, she does middays out there. Who're doing middays? Why you're not there today? D.
Speaker 5: That's a great question. That's why I got Slim thousand because he probably is. But you know it's somebody who sounds almost as good as me, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, salute the slim thousand. You'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I'll be back here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's do it today.
Speaker 5: We finna go see the Empire State Building. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. No, I got a little blad on me though only I can get right. But you know I'm gonna go do some New York still get some pizza, find a dispensary.
Speaker 1: Okay, you should go to the Bookerhole, the book ahole over in Brooklyn. I think it's still over the Brooklyn Library.
Speaker 5: How much you cost.
Speaker 6: Free?
Speaker 5: I spent my furney.
Speaker 1: You're a library. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it cost to get into the book ahole. But that would be good for you.
Speaker 8: Because you said you want pizzas, you can go to, Uh, what's that pizza place that got the Oxtele pizza?
Speaker 1: What's it called Gray? You know what I'm talking about? Oxtail. I'm vegetarian, vegetary, and they got vegan. They got vegan slices to your people, said, she said, I'm not vegan. I'm not vegan over there.
Speaker 8: They're not your people. Not vegan ran cut some slices, that's what it's called. I've never been there before, but everybody raives about it.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn. How they got Oxtele pizza in different types of pizzas.
Speaker 5: It's not the only borough I've never been to, too. Brooklyn is the only borough I've never visited.
Speaker 9: You've been in Staten Island or Staten Island, I've been to the you been a Queens Bronx.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm and Harlem, I was dating this guy.
Speaker 1: It was you dating somebody from the Bronx. We was only in the Bronx for like ten minutes. Oh, if you're looking for guys, go to the pink house projects, pink house projects. Why would I want to go to projects?
Speaker 5: Why they called pink house?
Speaker 1: Do not go to those pink house projects.
Speaker 5: I don't think I will.
Speaker 1: No, you don't want to go to the pink house.
Speaker 5: That don't even sound like a place I want to go to find me in.
Speaker 16: It?
Speaker 1: Not No, this is like I don't sleute everybody in the pink Out Project.
Speaker 8: I want you all to come out to my Mental Wealth ex Bow okay October seventh x BO XBO Mental Wealth ex Bo Saturday, October seventh, from eleven am to four pm at the Marriott, Marquee and Tom Square.
Speaker 1: You know it's a free event.
Speaker 8: I bring together some of the best psychiatry and therapists, mental health experts, mental health advocates, spiritual leaders, and you know we have a day of just mental health education and healing.
Speaker 1: Once again. It is a free event from.
Speaker 8: Eleven am to four pm at the Marriott Marquee in Times Square, Saturday, October seventh.
Speaker 1: For more information, go to Mental healthexpo dot com. Yes, but back to you.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, not going to the project.
Speaker 1: No project, no project, no, no, no, no, no, not at all. So you go into the statue Liberty.
Speaker 5: Statue of Liberty. I'm gonna go do the book a hoalf for sure, yep.
Speaker 1: Book a whole world Trade uh monument downtown by them.
Speaker 5: It might be time to go to sleep.
Speaker 1: No good, You'll be good, Pollo, get some rest. Do you go to Sylvia's You can eatup Sylvia's nine o'clock, nine thirty.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was in a bed by nine. I ain't playing no games. That's it, and that's enough. We'll have a lot to talk about tomorrow.
Speaker 1: All right when we come back. Positive.
Speaker 9: Notice the Breakfast Club Good morning. It's dj NV Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club Little DS, not Charlemagne, Little D from Louisiana that's on radio in Dallas. You got a positive note. I don't don't put your lip up like when I call you little D.
Speaker 1: I'm not even listening to you.
Speaker 8: I don't worry about the opinions jealous jealous, Let them judge you, let them misunderstand you, let them gossip about you. Their opinions aren't your problem, Okay, You stay kind, committed to love, and free and your authenticity no matter what they do or say. Don't you dare doubt your worth are the beauty of your truth. Just keep on shining like you do. Enjoy today, y'all, breakfast
Speaker 1: Club you don't finish or y'all done,